PDA

View Full Version : Ilayaraja Isaijnaani or........?

Oldposts
26th December 2004, 08:59 AM
Topic started by moorthy (clubplayer@rediffmail.com) (@ 210.212.236.182) on Tue Dec 24 08:54:31 EST 2002.

In a recent live tv show in podhigai tamil channel the Musician Madurai T.N.Seshagopalan in reply to the question ( in tamil)

' what do you think about ilayaraja? It is heard that he has invented some new ragas'?

Reply.

"you should ask it to Ilayaraja"

viewer again

"but sir he has got the 'Isaijnaani' title...."

Answer

" antha title kitachavar illai avar. antha title vanchintu irukkiravar"

Then another viewer calls and expresses his sentiments on the above remarks..

sorry....

the line was cut suddenly and the anchor of the show requests the viewers not to ask questions on personalities.He also says that if the viewers ask such questions, those participating in the programme may either have to lie or have to be brutally honest.In both ways it will be unpleasant.

Oldposts
Seshagopalan has sung in Raaja's music in ATHMA (Nin Arul Tharum Annapoorani)!

I donno what made Him say like that! May be some misunderstanding after ATHMA?

Who knows?

Oldposts
when did IR invented a new raga?!!

Oldposts
kuruvi,
I think that should be "when did IR discovered a new raga?"..raga's exist already to be discovered..rite?

Oldposts
evryone has a right to his or her opinion. TNSesu can say anything because he is one fellow whose music i am now going to totally avoid...

Oldposts
Seshu also has some titles from some sabhas in Madras and elsewhere. Just like IR was given the title by MK.

The way Seshu says it, it is as if he has a doctorate from Harvard and IR has a doctorate from Agra University.

adakkam thEvai appa!

Oldposts
Who else watched the Interview...?
Lets not comment with out seeing the interview.

As far as SG is concerned..he is a great Vidhwan in carnatic music....so no doubt about that...

IR fans have a list of all the praises and accolades given to IR by various personalities...they can have these comments too in their list.....

Oldposts
Seshu should watch the move "Thodi" which acted in. He acted like an girly idiot. How come Unni and other artists still sevive in Carnatic field. Because they respect other artists. Box of matches with 5/6 matches in it will make noise all the time.

Oldposts
Come on Raji , don't judge SG with that movie. He acted in it. Yes it was pathetic. Because he is not an actor. But as a vocal singer, there is no match to him. His aalapanais and gamakams..oh God his karpanai in raaga is surely a great thing to listen and relish. See only the SG a great Carnatic singer. He is adeciple of the great Madurai Mani and Guru of many budding greats like Neiveli Santhaana Gopalan.
Don't belittle SG in the name of supporting IR.See them as two different entities and be receptive to critisism..I mean IR's criticism...there is nothing wrong in +vely analysing that...

Lets look at what prompted him to say so..?Was there any thing other than pure proffession..?

Oldposts
Reply to Are yaar :

You can check it with any one whom you believe. Every word and action posted by me is true.

I posted the message with all respects to Shri.Madurai T.N.Seshagopalan because I am a fan of him. But I am a fan of Ilayaraja too.

SG has all the right to have his view. But when he speaks out it in a live programme it can hurt people.

I still do not know what was the provocation for that comment. May be he thinks that Carnatic musicians are very much above the 'sada' film musicians in every aspect and the name and fame the FMs get is out of proportion.But what he forgot to remember is that it takes the same pains to become an Ilayaraja.It is in no way lesser to the pains to be taken to become Madurai Seshagopalan.

One more thing i would like to add...

when the second viewer called to express his sentiments SG could have said a simple sorry and could have got away with the comments. But that word never came from him and he simply continued explaining the reason behind his remark ' you should ask Ilayaraja' while knowing pretty well that the viewer was referring to the other comment.

There are other musicians like Kunnakudi who has high respect for the artists in the other fields. I have heard him calling Sivamani, the drummer 'a genius'.

Different musicians..... different mindsets......

Oldposts
Interviews like that should be taken with a pinch of salt. I am curious to know what was the interviewer like, whether he/she knew something about the field the interviewee was in(To Podhigai's credit, their interviewers are somewhat ok....some days there was an interview with ARR on Sun/K TV and it was conducted by Namma Neram Soumya who put forth questions like a KG kid...at times even the personality gets annoyed with the inanity of the questions asked, just see the quality of a Harsha Bhogle interview and his familiarity with the subject)
Sorry for the sidetracking but its true nevertheless...

Oldposts
It was a live talk show. I dont know the name of the interviewer. But from his questions it appears that he knows something about what he is asking.Also viewers can call the podhigai and ask questions. Every night at 930 they run such shows.

Oldposts
the best way to become famous these days is to utter derogatory remarks on some well known personality -
like Ramadoss on Rajini, The sick Are- yaar on IR, and so on.

If a person thinks IR is not ISai gnani, then so be it... simply telling the same manthra again and again (like that sick AReyaar) is not going to change others opinions - may be it would work on poor illiterates of TN.

Oldposts
POOR TN SESHA GOPALAN DOES NOT ILAYARAAJA DID INVENT A NEW RAAGA CALLED PANCHA MUGHI WHICH WAS A COMBINATION OF 5 RAAGAS,A FIRST OF ITS KIND IN THE HISTORY OF MUSIC,I WAS PRESENT WHEN ILAYARAAJA RENDERED THE SONGS BASED IN THIS RAAGA IN 1994 IN NARADA GANA SABHA IN MADRAS DURING THE DECEMBER MUSIC SEASON,RAAJA GAVE A FULL LENGTH KATCHERI WITH TV GOPALAKRISHNAN IN MRIDANGAM AND KARTHIK RAAJA WITH THE SYNTHESISER,ITS A PITY THAT PEOPLE COMMENT ON ILAYARAAJA WHO HAS CREATED WONDERS ,A MAN WHOM THE NATION SHOULD BE PROUD OF HAS NOT GOT ANY HYPE,U INDIANS SUCKS BIG TIME,ILAYARAAJA BREATHES MUSIC,MILLIONS OF FANS LIKE ME BREATHE ILAYARAAJA'S MUSIC,THAT IS HIS ACHIEVEMENT,NO MD IN THE WORLD CAN ACHIEVE THIS

Oldposts
Dear Friends,
If anyone does not admit the fact that Ilayaraja is an Isaignani, it just reflects that person's ignorance.

Oldposts
Hello,

Can someone please translate most of the words in this IR interview for me. It would really be apprecaited. Thanks !!

Kalki: ungaLukku pidiththa isai amaippaaLar yaar?

IR: vada indhiyaavil enakku pidiththavargaL ...
SriRamachandra, Naushad, S.D.Burman, MadanMohan.
ivargaLellaam Cinema-vukkaaga thangaLai sEthap
paduththik koLLaadhavargaL. Anarkali padaththirkku isai amaikka Naushad-ai
aNuginaargaL. Thamakku 1 latcha roobaay thara vENdum
endraar. appOdhu athu periya thogai. Sari endraargaL.
andhap padaththukku isai amaikka thamakku 2 aaNdugaL
aagum endraar. aththanai kaalam thangaLaal
kaaththirukka mudiyaadhu enbadhaal, avar
tharaththukku isai amaikkak koodiya innoruvarai
avarE sibaarisu seyya vENdum endraargaL. avar
SriRamachandra-vai sibaarisu seydhaar. avarai
aNugiya pOdhu, "naan orE maadhaththil isai amaiththu
tharugiren. aanaal Naushad-ukku 1 latcha roobaai
tharuvadhaaga oppuk koNdadhaal enakku 1.5 latcha
roobaai thara vENdum" endraaraam. athanpadiyE
thandhaargaL. padam vandhadhu. aththanai paadalgaLum super hits. (Zindagi ... endru
thodangum Anarkali padap paadalai paadik kaaNbikkiraar.)

Roshan oru padaththukku isai amaikkum pOdhu,
paadalil oru kELviyai vaippaar. MadanMohan thamadhu padaththukku
iasi amaikkum pOdhu, thamadhu paadalil, munnavar
vaiththa kELvikku badhil solluvaar! munnavar
irandha pOdhu, pinnavar vandhu, "ini yaarukku
naan badhil solluvEn?" endru azhthaar.
Isai amaippaaLargaL endraal appadiyallaavaa
irukka vENdum ...

Q: ungaLai kavarndha paadagar yaar?

IR: Rafi, Jesudhoss, Balu endraalum "Rafi" Rafithaan.

Q: UngaL abimaana isai amaippaaLar yaar? En?

IR: C.Ramachandra, Naushad, S.D.Burman, Madan
Mohan, Roshan, Subburaaman, Ramanathan,
S.N.Venkatraman, M.S.V - avargaL avargaLaaga iruppadhaal!

Oldposts
Now i know why T.N.Seshu never ever managed to make it big (either in film songs, acting, or carnatic vocal, whatsoever)...anyway, read on below....who cares about such jealous vaitherichal parties...

-----------------------------------------------

SRI JAYENDRA SARASWATHI SWAMIGAL (Spiritual Guru, India)," Ilaiyaraja has plans to bring about good changes in the society, through his music. His music is capable of putting the mind at peace and serenity."

SEMANGUDI SRINIVASA AYYAR (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India) - " Raja has that unique gift to please common man and carnatic experts alike.Until recently, I knew that Shri Ilayaraaja is a great film music director - his expertise in diluting Carnatic Ragas without diluting their native merits, is well known to me - but recently I had the oppurtunity to listen to him sing a few kirthanas - he sang a kirthana in Raag Abhogi - very well rendered - in Carnatic Sangeet, one needs to know the Sahityam - without knowing it, one should not sing it making it sound absurd - Isai gyani Shri.Ilayaraaja sang it very beautifully and his grasp of the Sahityam is commendable. After today, I realise that Shri.Ilayaraaja is a thorough expert in Carnatic music. May the God Almighty bless Isai Gyani with a long life so that he can render a long service to music "

LARY BAIN( England Based Composer)-"He is unbelievable, genius and fantastic"

LALGUDI JAYARAMAN (Eminent Musician, India) - " His talent is not the fruit of one single birth's efforts. This level of achievement is only possible to one who has lived with music for countless births. The speed with which he writes notations have always baffled me "

Dr.BALAMURALIKRISHNA (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India) -" As far as i am concerned, i would say Ilaiyaraja is the composer of the century. If there is one single authority on 'orchestration' it can only be ilaiyaraja.

K.J.YESUDASS (Eminent Film/Carnatic Vocalist, India) - "There are infinite music forms hidden in his heart. All that should flow-out for the good of mankind."

VAALI (South Indian Lyricist/Poet, India) - " Reethigowlai, Hamsanatham, Bilahari etc are some of the ragas that he has deftly handled for film music. He is not isaignani, he is swaragnani."

ZUBIN MEHTA (Music Conductor, Israel Philharmonic)- " I was bewildered after listening to his 'nothing but wind' and 'how to name it'. He belongs to the 21st century and perhaps beyond."

JOSEPH EAGER, (Conductor, World Symphony Orchestra, USA )-"His music will be heard through the twenty-first century" predicted at a function to release the CD of his album Nothing But Wind in New York in 1988.

VICTOR RANGEL RIBEIRO,( musicologist and author of Baroque Music, USA ) - "Your ears will hear music like they never heard before"

STEPHEN DAVIS (of New Age, USA) - "He is leading us to a very special world of music appreciation and has opened doors of new horizons of new age music"

SHERYAR OOKERJEE,( a Mumbai based musicologist, India) - ,"Bach's influence is deep and all pervasive in his music. He is adept at using conventional western harmony and standard western techniques. Uses dialogue and imitation extensively. He has a competent grasp of the orchestra. His conspicuous quality is his ability to so integrate the Indian and western idioms that the seams can hardly be noticed and the result is usually pleasant, charming and satisfying. Ilaiyaraaja's music is enjoyable and worth taking very seriously. It grows on one with repeated hearings".

LASLOV KOVACH,(Conductor, Budapest Symphony Orchestra, Hungary) - ,"He is Hollywood Kind. A very special composer. It seems he does not have to think at all to create music. Music just flows out ."

RAJKUMAR SANTOSHI (Noted Film Maker, India ) (on Background music by Maestro Ilaiyaraja for his film Lajja) - ,"The discipline of the 90 musicians, the conductor and the recording engineers of the Budapest Symphony Orchestra in Hungary was overwhelming. The musicians gave a standing ovation after recording the scores written by Ilaiyaraja."

MARK LAYCOCK, (Director of Orchestral Activities, Iowa State University, Iowa, United States of America) - ,"A fascinating blend of Eastern and Western styles. The music is instantly appealing -- rhythmically, harmonically, formally. The use of traditional Indian instruments in a modern musical context makes for a rich palette of tone colors and creates a wide range of expressive possibilities."

NAUSHAD ALI (doyen of hindi film music, India)- ,"That this man has achieved is 100 times more than what any of us have achieved; only time can tell the quantum of his achievements."

HARIPRASAD CHAURASIA, (exponent of Hindustani Classical Music, India) - ," It is a treat watching him (Mr.Ilayaraaja) work - he does everything, composing, arrangement of instruments, orchestration and conducting - that too without the help of any assistants and a stopwatch."

L.SUBRAMANIAM (Violin Maestro, India)-,"Ilayaraaja is as good as any composer in the world."

SUDHA RAGUNATHAN (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India )," Yesterday, today or tommorrow, ilaiyaraaja will remain the unquestionable emperor of music...Period !!!!."

MADHAN (Noted Cartoonist, Writer, film critic, India ) - ," As far as i am concerened, Ilayaraaja is the best bet when it comes to background music. He seems to fully understand as to what the film's situation demands and what impact should his music create in viewer's mind. More often, the usage of silent passages in his background music is more stunning than the music itself, and he creates the right mood every time. Amazing is the word.!! "

R.V.UDAIYAKUMAR (Noted Film Maker, India) - "He was writing the background score for one of my films. In a particular scene i had made a very glaring error in designing the flow of shots. I told him that i have made a mistake in choosing the shots. He simply said - I just now corrected your mistake with the BGM...Listen to this !!"

PAARTHIBAN (Noted Film Maker, Actor, India) - "Music alias ilaiyaraja, ilaiyaraj alias Music."

KAMALHAASAN (Noted Actor, Film Maker, India) - ",Ilaiyaraja should be honored as Isai Vigyani (musical scientist) rather than Isai gyani.He has explored and analyzed virtually every type of music.I have worked with several composers. But this man is on his own trip - he is a colossal talent. We have worked together in around 70 films and we know each other's requirements and expectations very well. He saw the rushes of the film (Hey Ram!) just once and immediately decided the music to be scored for the song sequences that have already been picturised. I told my film crew to give me a week's time and that I will come back with one song in that time - instead I came back with seven songs."

HARIHARAN,( Playback Singer, India),"Ilaiyaraja's style is very different. He has been heavily influenced by the classical compositions of Mozart and Bach."

CHANDRAHASAN,( Film Producer, India)," His music is precious. Mere dishing out of money wont get you such quality music."

A.R.REHMAN ( Music Composer, India)," He is a genius by himself and is completely self-contained. "

KARTHIK RAJA ( Music Composer, India)," He has composed in so many idioms, his work spans such a wide spectrum that there will always some resemblance to something he has already done."

UTTAM SINGH (Music Composer, India) - "Ilaiyaraaja is the only complete music composer in India."

SUHASINI MANIRATNAM (Eminent Actress, India)," Show me a composition matching legendary compositions like 'shenbagame shenbagame' & 'panivizhum malar vanam' by ilaiyaraja. Only then can you talk of someone overtaking him."

THANGAR BACHAAN (Cinematographer, Film Maker, India)," Once I finish shooting my film, i just place it before ilaiyaraja, and from there on whatever he delivers is music. I dont need to worry about it anymore. I shudder to even think about Indian film music without ilaiyaraaja. "

VAMSY (Noted Film Maker, India) - "While picturizing a song, iIaiyaraja's tunes inspire me more than the characters of the film themselves."

BHARATHIRAAJA (Noted Film Maker, India) - " I shoot scenes with a particular impact in mind. And even before i discuss about what i have in mind, he is already ready with mind boggling BGM bits."

MANIRATNAM (Noted Film Maker, India) - "Ilaiyaraja is absolutely prolific. He is an amazing talent who believes that the music written down by him should be stuck to totally. And then it is recorded which is just a matter of execution. I wish I could be like Ilaiyaraja and work out everything on paper."

Oldposts
T.N. Sesu should TN Kosu..

Oldposts
L.SUBRAMANIAM (Violin Maestro, India)-"Ilayaraaja is as good as any composer in the world."

that one always mystified me. what was LS trying to say there?

THESE 4 MY FAVORITES, KEEP READING THEM WHENEVER I WANT TO: VERY PLEASING TO MY EARS. UNCONDITIONAL AND UNBEATABLE STATEMENTS FROM A FAB FOUR!!!

SUDHA RAGUNATHAN (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India )," Yesterday, today or tommorrow, ilaiyaraaja will remain the unquestionable emperor of music...Period !!!!."

LALGUDI JAYARAMAN (Eminent Musician, India) - " His talent is not the fruit of one single birth's efforts. This level of achievement is only possible to one who has lived with music for countless births. The speed with which he writes notations have always baffled me "

Dr.BALAMURALIKRISHNA (Eminent Carnatic Vocalist, India) -" As far as i am concerned, i would say Ilaiyaraja is the composer of the century. If there is one single authority on 'orchestration' it can only be ilaiyaraja.

K.J.YESUDASS (Eminent Film/Carnatic Vocalist, India) - "There are infinite music forms hidden in his heart. All that should flow-out for the good of mankind."

Oldposts
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TRANSLATE THE ABOVE IR INTERVIEW FOR ME INTO ENGLISH !!!

I NEED IT REALLY SOON !!

THANKS !!

Oldposts
I want TNS to compose a film song before he thinks of comparing himself to IR in any way

Oldposts
See finally where it ended. I just said that TNS is a great carnatic singer. Greater than IR in that respect. As a film actor he is near to zero. As of film music..no he is not there.

He is entitled to have his opinion. Just one person saw the interview. TNS said some thing...not sure what exactly..on what context and for what reason...
IR and TNS are greats from two different spectrum of music. My request is just don't accuse TNS for what he is only alledged to have said. Go into the crux of the matter...Who knows he might be right or wrong on correct aspects.

Oldposts
IR is also Great in his film music....

This statement is to escape obvious bashings..

Oldposts
If he had said" I can't answer to this question" then we wouldnot have argued about TNS's greatness. Why he made that smart a..s comment. He shows how idiotic attitudes he has. Kalaignar Karunanithi gives that name "isangnani".
Kavitha

Oldposts
If Seshgopalan had said "IR is great.Period!" then you can see that here and in Rajangham.But he he has got different opinion & people question his music credentials.I think he knows more music than Karunanidhi who is fond of titles ..be it personal titles or conferring titles to others.Thamizhana Thalapathy,Anja nenjan,Navalar,Perarignar,Mudharignar,Thennatu Gandhi ..antha varisayil IsaiGnani...hollow words which never come from the heart.

Facts of the case :

TNS has an opinion on IR s carnatic music and has expressed it.
TNS knows well,carnatic music.
TNS does not know film music ,infact his film music skills are poor.
TNS does not need a favour from IR to prove his carantic music knowledge and in the same way IR does not need TNS s certificate for his film music.IR has established his film music skills which does not need TNS approval.

If you start to look for the connection between these individual facts then you end up starting threads like this.Moorthy is innocent but the man who posed this question to TNS has no idea about music as a whole.

Oldposts
This is not a question of giving certificates. A question of unwanted comments in a programme.

'antha title vechintu irukkiravar' is totally of bad taste. you have to admit that.
Also anyone can check the content of my thread with any one who has seen that live show.

Oldposts
Thiru OISG (athigaprasangithanathukku ivalavu mariyAthai !! :( )

"I think he knows more music than Karunanidhi who is fond of titles ..be it personal titles or conferring titles to others.Thamizhana Thalapathy,Anja nenjan,Navalar,Perarignar, Mudharignar, Thennatu Gandhi ..antha varisayil IsaiGnani...hollow words which never come from the heart. "

ethukayya ithu? thEvaiyA? reNdu varusathukku munnAdi ippadi Arambichathu thAn forumhub innaikku sAkkadaiya irukku. do u want the same to be here too? this is not the first instance i have seen u dragging karunAnidhi / arasiyal thalaivargal into tfm's discussions....and that too on the negative way.

and now,u seem to bitten the other way too :(( can i take it this way? since MuKa conferred the title isaignani to IR , u are pulling him too?

yoV perisu , intha thread'la unakku ennaya vElai. btw, why dig rAjAngahm? :(((

Oldposts
From: Are Yaar (@ 203.197.141.186) on: Mon Dec 30 01:47:47 EST 2002
"This statement is to escape obvious bashings.."

--As if you need a reason to be bashed.(In the opinion of many DF-ers :))

Oldposts
Sorry prabhu:
I forgot that many here have lost the sense of reasoning...I am sorry for that..

Oldposts
Kodipangu Ravi

It s nice to see you policing various threads and decide on who should be there in what thread.

Thank god you cannot decide on what other Dfers should post .If that too could happen you can successfully kill saner postings and voices of dissent.... you have a passion..sorry!Obsession for Jalra sound which you exhibit at every post of yours.

Your character shows,..."Perisu"!Nice word .....which can use against your elders at home and at work who have a differnce of opinion.Glad to note that you will never become "Perisu" one-day ,physically and mentally.

Oldposts
OISG

padichuteengala!!! appada..thank God..miss paNNeeruveengaLOnu ninaichEN.

"Obsession for Jalra sound which you exhibit at every post of yours. "

Inthu(5) varushathula 7-8 posting thAn panirupEn..appudi irunthum neenga ella postingum padichurrukeenga.. romba pramAtham..romba pramAtham.

"It s nice to see you policing various threads and decide on who should be there in what thread. "

EthO puthi uLLavaru..sonna nalla vithathula eduthukuvArunu ninaichEn..:(((

btw, regd. "perisu"... vattAram theriyumA? kodipangu entha vattAramnu koncham kettu therinchukungO..if still perisu had offended u .. i take it back.

Oldposts
sorry the thread is going somewhere else? will someone bring it back?

Oldposts
Are Yaar :

AnAlum romba pIla vida kudAdhu. Seshu is NOT Madurai Mani's disciple. Perhaps you are thinking of TVS (not TNS) who is Mani's nephew and disciple. ethayyO chollanamEnu cholla kudadhu.

Oldposts
AY: No offence meant to you in my post. Sorry if you took it as a PA. Peace and HNY :)

Oldposts
TNSG is MM's deciple as far as I know and heard from people in one of the Sabha...

Can you tell me who is his guru otherwise? For GK purpose.

Irrespective of that TNS is a great singer..no doubt..He has nothing to do with film music...and he is entitled to have his opinion....Take his opinion as you take the others opinion whom you consider as greats...that it. I want to say that only...Okay.

Yes, TVS (TV SankaraNarayanan) is also MM's deciple. Podhuma.

Oldposts
Prabhu:

HNY to you too.

Oldposts
AY

Sehsus Guru details:

http://www.sangeetham.com/m_perdetails.php3?submit=yes&rdoperson=70

Oldposts
Thanks for the details Jeera...I will correct my GK here.

Oldposts
Moorthy... i saw the program too. The ragam that was asked to be explained was 'chandramukhi'. And it was indeed shocking that public-la ippdi open-aa comment pannardhu!!! ARE YAAR... Seshu s gamakams are no doubt great...but sila samayathula... romba too much gamakam podraar. Kekkarthukku avvlo nanna illay! And indha season la TNS oda performance... lesser said, the better!!!

**IR pathi TV la appdi sonnnathukku, TNS kutchery la sodhappinadhu nanna venum nu thonithu ;-)**

Oldposts
Are you talking about the latest kutchery in Music acadami on 25th..

On that day he had a sore throat it seems and the kutcheri was way below his reputation.

Oldposts
Academy and MFAC...both. Sahikkalai, both of them.

Oldposts
Once in Anantha Vikatan, When Kamal is asked the following questions, he answered as follows

Q. Now many producers and directors forgot Ilaiyaraja. As his fan what do u feel?
A. The commercial race of people who had forgot my Raja is cursed to get jammed in the statue inauguratig function of IR later. I have worked more than 70 films with him.

Q. Which music director u love much.
A. How many times to say that? Only one person!

Oldposts
Pothuvaaga miga nalla artists-kku padhamAga / ingithamA paesa varAthu (there are some exceptions). Ilayaraajavin sila statements-kooda sila samayam sila paerai kuzhappathil aazhthum. Their wavelength of thinking is generally at a different reference frame.

Aanaal, TNS comments " antha title kitachavar illai avar. antha title vanchintu irukkiravar"
romba romba anAgareegamAga / kochaiyAga ullathu. Ivvalavu periya vidhwAnnukku, edhai eppadi sollanumnnu theriyalayae ?

Manadhil ullathai sollalAm. Aanaal poi solluvaanaen? Ilayaraajavaa, indha / andha title kodunga enru vanchintu irukkiravar ? TNS MUSIC PERUSU; BUT LOGA-ARIVU SIRUSU POLUM.

IR Music-um, Nam manasum perusu ! Enavae, mannipOm !

Oldposts
Pothuvaaga miga nalla artists-kku padhamAga / ingithamA paesa varAthu (there are some exceptions). Ilayaraajavin sila statements-kooda sila samayam sila paerai kuzhappathil aazhthum. Their wavelength of thinking is generally at a different reference frame.

Aanaal, TNS comments " antha title kitachavar illai avar. antha title vanchintu irukkiravar"
romba romba anAgareegamAga / kochaiyAga ullathu. Ivvalavu periya vidhwAnnukku, edhai eppadi sollanumnnu theriyalayae ?

Manadhil ullathai sollalAm. Aanaal poi solluvaanaen? Ilayaraajavaa, indha / andha title kodunga enru vanchintu irukkiravar ? TNS MUSIC PERUSU; BUT LOGA-ARIVU SIRUSU POLUM.

IR Music-um, Nam manasum perusu ! Enavae, mannipOm !

Oldposts
I got knocked out on seeing Dr.Balamuralikrishna's interview on Podhigai's call-in program yesterday! So many people(all laymen) asked him the silliest of questions(for a legend of his standing and experience and how gently and patiently he answered them!(Qs were like, "how long are u practising carnatic music?", "do u teach beginners?", "i like your singing a lot.period.","pls sing this song for me","they say carnatic is tough bla bla bla"). Not once did Dr.BMK lose his patience.

To be genuinely humble, one has to transcend the highest levels of greatness.

Oldposts
I would request all to watch the podhigai slot from 930 to 1030. Most days they will have some one good for live chat.

I am very much happy to see the comments of sirisu.At least I am free from the burden of proving my credibility. Thanks sirisu...

Oldposts
hehe..anytime moorthy :-) Podhigai la yaar enna sonnalum, neenga inga sollungo. Adhukku naa guarantee tharen ;-)

Oldposts
shwetha enna sonnalum athukku naan guarantee..:-)

Oldposts
Moorthy,

That anchor (subha or sudha or whatever) asked Thangar Bachan as follows,

"You say that you hate inserting action sequences etc in the climax, like most directors do. But in the movie Kallazhgar, u have given a action sequence in the end"

Thangar Bachan, unruffled, said,"Adhu yen padam illaye. Naan verum koolikku velai senjein. Naan anga endhuvum solla mudiyaadhu, sollavum koodaadhu"

That indicates the kind of homework (!) that anchor does before he goes into the show.

Oldposts
MADURAI T.N SESHAGOPALAN IS A MAD .HE SAID THAT BECAUSE HE'S A JEALOUS FROM HIM
A POOR MAN AGO 25 YARES BECAME A MAN KNOWN AND A FABULOUS ARTIST TODAYS . HIS MUSIC IS LIKED BY ALL THE PEOPLE .TIS MAN IS ILAYARAJA
SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHO IS MADURAI T.N SESHAGOPALAN???????????????????????????

Oldposts
MADURAI T.N SESHAGOPALAN IS A MAD .HE SAID THAT BECAUSE HE'S A JEALOUS FROM HIM
A POOR MAN AGO 25 YARES BECAME A MAN KNOWN AND A FABULOUS ARTIST TODAYS . HIS MUSIC IS LIKED BY ALL THE PEOPLE .TIS MAN IS ILAYARAJA
SOMEONE CAN TELL ME WHO IS MADURAI T.N SESHAGOPALAN??????

Oldposts
Guys,

TNS answer to the first question was okay and is his opinion(As IR only about invention of new Raaga). But subsequent questions answer shows his attitude to degrade IR. Had he told, I don't know about his title, it is still acceptable.

Generally film MDs are not respected in classical circle and IR was a exeception. Bad taste of talking by TNS.

Oldposts
See the first line in this article. Straight answer to your Q.

WORKING WITH THE MAESTRO
P. UNNIKRISHAN

[Born on 9th July 1966, Mr Unnikrishnan had his schooling at Asan Memorial School, Madras and subsequently obtained his B.Com degree from Madras University. He later specialised in Law and later obtained a Post Graduate Diploma in Personnel Management and Industrial Relations. He worked as an executive with Parry and Co. from 1991 to 94, when he left to take up Music as a full time profession. Starting his training in music at the age of twelve under Sri VL Seshadri, Mr. Unnikrishnan later trained under Dr. S Ramanathan and Calcutta Sri KS Krishnamoorthi. Now, he learns from Smt. Savitri Satyamurthy. With his first song for films, Ennavale from the film Kaadalan, becoming an enormous success, Mr. Unnikrishnan is now famous in both the Classical and Cine fields. Married, with a son, Mr. Unnikrishnan is also a Cricket enthusiast and was a member of the Tamilnadu Senior Division League Team.]

When we say Maestro or Isaignani with reference to the Tamil film industry it has got to be only one person and that is Ilayaraaja, one of the greatest music composers. I am sure a lot of material about him is available but working with him is an experience that I would like to share with all of you.

One thing is for sure. It is not easy to work with this man. Each time I am called for a recording with him, I am a little nervous because you never know how difficult the song is going to be. Sometimes it would sound easy while listening to it but as soon as you start singing you begin to understand that it is not as easy as it sounds.

Normally he would compose the score for the whole song. The background score and the main song including all subtle nuances would, be written in detail, in the form of western notation and distributed to the respective musicians. The main song is first composed and sung by him with a harmonium and recorded on tape. This is then given to one of his assistants who notates it and keeps it ready for the male/female singer who is supposed to sing the song. For the background score the complete notation including parts or portions to be played by different instrumentalists would be very clearly written in western manuscript and photocopied. Depending on the instruments required for the song the respective musicians would be called. The photocopied score would be then distributed to the musicians.

The subtle nuances and the parts are usually so clear that the musicians would have to just follow the notes and the music would flow perfectly. All the musicians practice the score given to them and a final rehearsal would be done in Ilayaraaja's presence. Corrections would be made wherever necessary and then they would all go for the final take. Once all the instruments are mixed the main singer is called. The lyrics would be given and the assistant teaches the song first with reference to the tape. It is rehearsed a few times and then once the assistant is sure that the singer has understood the song, it is sung in Ilayaraaja's presence.

He would listen to it and make necessary corrections and changes. The difficult part would be that the song would have to be sung exactly the way it was taught or composed. Even the slightest change would not be acceptable to him and he would not hesitate to make you sing till you get it right. It is always tough to satisfy him and there will be no compromise.

It is so nice to experience the way he teaches the song. Some of the musical phrasings he gives are so filled with feeling. You can really see and feel the experience of years and commitment that he has put in. He is so sure of what he wants and the few tips he gives while you sing are very good and useful. Working with him has been a great experience and I think any singer who gets the opportunity is indeed fortunate to work with such a genius of a musician and composer. A person, who literally breathes music.

He was also responsible for bringing discipline into the working of musicians in a recording studio. He started off as a guitarist and then went on to complete his grades in Piano and he is also a good flautist. The most amazing part of his work is in the re-recording ie. Background score for movies on which I shall continue in the next issue.

Oldposts
IR music I have heard, but not TNS one. Anyway the man who gives us good music now is great. I don't know how many of us going to learn carnatic music before we die, but we can appreciate the music also. But IR 's music is like our mother's cooking , better eat that rather than dreaming of a 5-star stuff

Oldposts
What is right and what is wrong are subjective. Btw when was Ilayaraja given the TITLE ?

Oldposts
I read from a magazine some time back that Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer.. a doyen with regards to Carnatic Music .. used to have Ilayaraja's photo in his bed room and he has high regards for the Maestro..

Also that Semmangudi beleives that Ilayaraja was the only person who deliovered cibema songs retaining the carnatic flavour.. and with all respects to the raagas and swaras.

Now you folks can decide where does Seshagopalan stand.

The Verdict is given.

Oldposts
Hello,

Lets not talk about MSG, because he is also a genius in what he does best....He is a vidhwan and he is entitled to have his opinion...lets leave at that...SS iyer, is also a vidhwan, but I have heard only his name among few karnatic music lovers who are in 70s or 80s of their age and who are hard core traditionalist...
Madurai SG is revered by many and is really an exponent in vocal, veena and mridhangam. he is the guru of Neiveli santhana gopalan, who is an other great singer.
IR and MSG contest is purely uncoalled for and lets not pass judgement on some opinion of genius, about whom we know entirely litte.

Oldposts
MSG is a legend. I have had the opportunity to a day with him when he visited new jersey few years ago for a concert at the bridgewater temple...He was a nice person to talk to. I am a big big fan of him and IR. They both are geniouses in their own field..

What seemed to have happened was, IR treated MSG like an ordinary singer during a song recording for movie Athma (ninnarul tharum anna poorani..), where MSG expected a little more respect from IR...

There was some kind of ego clash and nothing more than that..

Oldposts
"IR treated MSG like an ordinary singer "...can you please explain who is an ordinary singer, is it SPB, KJY, SJ, VJ, PS et al? Or BMK for that matter?...

Oldposts
'MSG expected a little more respect from IR... '
-kalil vizhundhu aseervadham vangi cinema pattu pada chollanumakkum? nalla irukke avaroda nyayam...
In fact it should have been the other way around because he was singing for a movie and he should have paid attention to the master in that field...if Raja comes to learn carnatic, he should in turn listen to the mater there...namakku pudhiya field'il work pannumbothu angulla expert'kku mariyadhai koduppadhu thane murai?

Oldposts
vambu,
IR treated him like any other play back singer like SPB or mano.. See, KJY is also a classical singer and he gets the same treatment like SPB and others..

IR is basically a very strict person. He would ask the singer to sing exactly how he wants it. (this is exactly how unni krishnan described his experience with IR). Singers like SPB, KJY and all are used to that attitude.. MSG being totally ignorant about IR, must have been offended by that kind of attitude.

Oldposts
MSG is a paithiyakkaran

Oldposts
Even if MSG have some EGO problems with IR, he shouldn't behave so immaturely by giving such an answer in public. He may be a Legend but talking about IR like that had brought down his value.

Oldposts
IR is a born genius. Even if someone like MSG utters anything in digust... its only MSG who gets noticed and IR remains as usual (a genius) in our views. Raja Rajathaan (!)
<a name="last"></a>

sureshmehcnit
8th January 2005, 08:49 AM
Here are Some of the reviews which proves how great IR is

HeyRam album

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Hey_Ram_Album-67704-1.html

Vishwa Thulasi

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Vishwa_Thulasi_Album-67272-1.html

Bharathi

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Bharathi_Album-64795-1.html

Thalapathi

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Dalpati_Album-63574-1.html

vincent
30th March 2005, 04:24 PM
SURESHMEHCNIT SONNE
WEBSITE POI PAARUNGGE!
APPE THERIYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO ONE IS BETTER THEN MY "AYYA" ILAYARAJA IN MUSIC

alias
1st April 2005, 09:49 PM
vincent, we dont have to read his reviews to prove IR is good. We already know but the point is Is he good any more and I dont think so. Not even Suresh can prove it through his reviews. (Suresh, I have been reading your reviews and dont take me wrong). He was excellent until the 90s. Now it is turn for others to take his place which he has been taken for over a decade.

kbee
2nd April 2005, 01:18 AM
alias

read suresh's review of IR's last movie of 2004, Virumaandi. now i have few questions

1. Can anyone else in the indian film industry score music for movies like virumandi?
2. some ppl talked about another MD is the best for patriotic songs. did they listened to Bharathi songs? just because the music is for tamil movie doesnt make the music/lyrics any less. can any one else suggest any other tunes for "aggini kunjondru kandaen" - "tha thadikida tha thadikida thathom" is enough to express the anger in bharathiyar

Well to answer to your question

is he good any more? - NOT FOR WESTERN MUSICALS OR CHEAP RATED Dappanguthu. If thirupachi is on No.1 Spot then yes, IR will be in No 10 spot all the time.

IR is beyond comparison, and beyond film music.

okay go to Suresh's top 10 IR songs and record them in a CD and keep listening to them every day for next 10 days. Keep another best 10 songs from any other MD and keep listening to them for 10 days. come back to me and tell me if you get tired of IR songs.

Its like comparing home food with hotel food. hotel food is tastier, but not healthy. Home food is tastier AND healthy, so does IR music. I am in mid 30s and listening to all kind of music and moved from IR to differe MD for bringing some change (which we all wanted at that time), but now back to square 1. You go where ever you want, but you have to come back home

PERIOD

vincent
4th April 2005, 12:08 PM
DR. ILAYARAJA IS STILL GOOD
LISTEN TO MUMBAI EXPRESS'S SONGS
SIMPLY SUPERB!!!!

vincent
4th April 2005, 12:08 PM
vincent, we dont have to read his reviews to prove IR is good. We already know but the point is Is he good any more and I dont think so. Not even Suresh can prove it through his reviews. (Suresh, I have been reading your reviews and dont take me wrong). He was excellent until the 90s. Now it is turn for others to take his place which he has been taken for over a decade.
TAKE HIS PLACE :?: :?: :?:
HE IS A UNBEATABLE ONE
UNTIL NOW NO ONE CAN GIVE FIGHT
FOR MY "AYYA"ILAYARAJA
:lol: :lol: :lol:

S.Balaji
29th August 2005, 09:42 PM
[tscii:63a42d3842]Let us reconcile to the fact that ALL GOOD THINGS WILL COME TO AN END…

Its quite natural…..Its the world order....

This had happened to all greats. It was G.Ramanathan who was the first musical great to TFM followed by S.M.Subbaiah Nayudu…This trend continued up to end 50s
The next generation was MSV TKR ….The entire 60s were dominated by this great duo…
Besides, there was KVM as well , another great… Also, there was V.Kumar….to some extent….
After sometime MSV was ruling the music world …. Single…. Until the late 70s ( 1976 when Annakili was launched ) when IR joined the league.
After that … 1976 to 1992… Virtually, it was IR … singlehandedly was running the show like a true champion ….( until Rehman made his debut )…

Even greats from other field were not exceptions…..

Even in Carnatic music field, there was a stage when Madurai Mani Iyer was a legend, Chembai Vaithyanathan, Semmangudi, the one and only Maharajapuram Visvanathan and Santhanam ( virtually ruled the 80s )..also there was KJY …. Ofcourse T.N.Seshagopalan was also in the lead….
In female section… it was MSS for long along with D.K.Pattamal and the evergreen voice of MLV..
Until her disciple Sudha Raghunathan entered and she is a master now… followed by Bombay Jayashree, Nityashree, etc etc…

In acting,, it was Shivaji , Shivaji , Shivaji all the way, until the 70s … when 2 younger generation ,…… Kamal and Rajini took charge and they are still around !!

In Cricket, it was Sunny, Vishy, Vengsarkar, Mohinder….
Followed by Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, and now Sehwag, Yuvaraj, Kaif…etc etc….

It’s something inevitable that the next generation and new stars will emerge and the old order will have to give way…..and retire with grace….

Lets reconcile to the fact that IR of the mid 80s was not the same old IR of 70s and early 80s…. The melody he had between 1976 and 1980 was totally missing in the entire 80s and he became a full fledged Instrumentalist….

There was a distinctive difference between the way IR composed the song… Kanmaniyay kaadhal enbadhu….. and the Anjali Anjali Anjali….

The way IR composed the song Madai thirandhu thaavum nadhialai naan….and today’s Hey Ram…. Is different totally….

Can we expect the song again like... Kannan oru kai kuzandhai.... or Chella pillai saravanan... or engum niraindha iyarkayin enna sugamo...... or vaa ponmayilay..... or Naan pesa vandhen.... or Pon maalai pozudhu.......

IR is above criticisms and vimarsanams… He is a proven genius…. The greatest tribute for IR is MSV joining hands with him and composing glorious songs for Mella Thirandhadhu kadhavu….. ( its like Vashistar Vaayaal Bramharishi )… True IR is not a mere Isaignani…. IR is actually a Isai Brahmarishi…… He has reached the summit …..

Now its impossible to expect the same old IR magic of 70s ……

But IR is God’s precious and fabulous present to Tamil music …….

He is our Raga Devan , Isai Gnani, Isai Sitthan, Isai Brahmarishi....

Lets thank God that he gave a wonderful opportunity for us all to live during the days the legend , the Maestro... IR......and enjoy his music online.......

Life goes on………….

[/tscii:63a42d3842]

alwarpet_andavan
30th August 2005, 12:41 PM
Who's this MSG???

S.Balaji
30th August 2005, 12:47 PM
Who's this MSG???

Its Madurai T.N.Seshagopalan....

The Carnatic music great of 80s and also the Guru of Neyveli Santhana Gopalan

saradhaa_sn
30th August 2005, 07:40 PM
Dear Balaji...

I gone through your detailed and lengthy postings
The line which is irritating is

"IR IS ABOVE CRITICISMS AND VIMARSANAMS"

One man, unless he is a God, will be criticised by others, atleast in few percentage. (In our country, God also been criticised is another thing). Even Mahathma Gandhi was also criticised for his negative side, which was mere negligible one.

But regarding IR, he is not able to digest even a reasonable criticisms, but get angry for that. He is not even respect to the senior lyric writers. Once, when he was not satisfied with the lines of Pulamaipithan, he asked him
"Ennaiyaa nee paattu ezhudhi irukke..?. Unnaiyellaam evanyaa paattu ezhudha koopitathu..?". This incident was published in several magazines that time and read by many people in TN.

Another matter I read in the magazine "Dinamani Kadhir" during 90s, as a box news. They mentioned:

"Ilaiyaraja recording studiovukku varumbothu yaarum avarukku kurukke poga koodaathu. Producers, Directors and technicians ellorum irandu pakkamum odhungi nindru bavyamaaga "vanakkam" sovaargal. Anaal Ilaiyaraja badhil vanakkam sollaamal neraaga ulley poi viduvaar"

This news was openly published with names and all (not in kisu, kisu formate).

Being so called genius, why he did not avoid singing some self praising (tharperumai) songs, like:

"Pudhu raagam padaipadhaaley naanum iraivaney..."
"Indha Rajavai nambi vandha yaarum mosamey pogapovathille"
"Raja kaiyai vachaa adhu wrongaa ponathille"(SPB)
"Raja...Rajaathi rajan indha Raja..
kooja...thokkaathey very engum kooja"
..... there are many, but these are just samples......

(Now I am preparing my shields to save me from attacks from all sides, but never afraid to tell the truth).

app_engine
30th August 2005, 08:38 PM
saradha sn,

I totally agree with you on the statement that nobody is above criticism, be it IR or anybody.

However, IMHO, looking to filmi personalities as some `idols' or `moral standards' is totally absurd and so will be the exercise of trying to measure them up with your set of values.

i.e., trying to ask the questions like `why he didn't say vaNakkam to others', `why he didn't behave this way that way' etc.

Come on, ALL WHO ARE IN FILM FIELD have a great measure of ego, pride, garvam (along with tons of other undesirable qualities). Nobody is exempt, even though some try to show off as such in front of the media. If otherwise, they'll not be in this industry but somewhere else i.e. if they are really minding values, principles etc.

They are actually in a `oyyArakkoNdai' biz and behave as what is inside at times. Please don't look up to them to live as `role-models' and get disappointed.

Defocus from the personality and just focus on the products...you'll be able to enjoy that much better...kani iruppakkAi kavarndhatRu...

alias
30th August 2005, 08:53 PM
Excellent Saradha.. I totally agree with you. IR cannot be a role model to any person, probably his music can be a model but not as a person. This is a real incident happened with my cousin. They had a cricket match and they were collecting funds. They approached various actors, directors and MD. They had visited IR and he was leaving for the studio. On seeing these young chaps from college who has come to collect funds, he fumed in anger and asked his watchman to throw these guys out of his sight as he is going for recording. Just because they had come to get his blessings and chanda, he treated them very badly.

IR is known to be hot headed. Even though he calls himself a spritual person, I dont think he is in real terms. He is arrogant and worst of all a miser. When God has given him so much, why cant he share a little?

emjay
30th August 2005, 09:33 PM
alias,
Unwarranted bad mouthing !!

njv
30th August 2005, 10:04 PM
Dear Balaji...

I gone through your detailed and lengthy postings
The line which is irritating is

"IR IS ABOVE CRITICISMS AND VIMARSANAMS"

One man, unless he is a God, will be criticised by others, atleast in few percentage. (In our country, God also been criticised is another thing). Even Mahathma Gandhi was also criticised for his negative side, which was mere negligible one.

But regarding IR, he is not able to digest even a reasonable criticisms, but get angry for that. He is not even respect to the senior lyric writers. Once, when he was not satisfied with the lines of Pulamaipithan, he asked him
"Ennaiyaa nee paattu ezhudhi irukke..?. Unnaiyellaam evanyaa paattu ezhudha koopitathu..?". This incident was published in several magazines that time and read by many people in TN.

Another matter I read in the magazine "Dinamani Kadhir" during 90s, as a box news. They mentioned:

"Ilaiyaraja recording studiovukku varumbothu yaarum avarukku kurukke poga koodaathu. Producers, Directors and technicians ellorum irandu pakkamum odhungi nindru bavyamaaga "vanakkam" sovaargal. Anaal Ilaiyaraja badhil vanakkam sollaamal neraaga ulley poi viduvaar"

This news was openly published with names and all (not in kisu, kisu formate).

Being so called genius, why he did not avoid singing some self praising (tharperumai) songs, like:

(Now I am preparing my shields to save me from attacks from all sides, but never afraid to tell the truth).

Saradha

I have read news in paper that Sneha slept with the elder son of saravana stores, is it true? Do you know that. I have read news that Rajni visit Bangalore to see his otehr wife and daughter? Is it true? Do you know that. I have read news that Jayalalitha jd a daughter from Shoban babu, do you know that. I have read news that Ajith was about to divorce and get married to Heera, do you know that. The list goes one, but not all of them true. ARR terrorismkku fund pandraarunnu kooda oru news vanthathu, is it true?

Dont read these magazines and take anything out of it. When I met Illayaraja, he said "Vanakkam" using both hands, he was smiling at us, he posed with us for a picture and when it didnt flash properly, he asked us to take another picture and accepted a gift that we gave. It would be insane to say bad things just because you read them on paper.

I cant believe what you said, based on my experience.

Chumma yedhaavathu ezhuthanumnu evano ezhuthinathellam paarthu "mayangeedatheenga"

alias
30th August 2005, 10:08 PM
Emjay, I am not bad mouthing. All I saying those titles like God for IR does not suite him. Leave alone God, he is not fit to be an angel.

And yes njv, the magazines might blow out but not his songs which shows his arrogance.

njv
30th August 2005, 10:11 PM

My detailed reply is coming soon...

njv
31st August 2005, 12:21 AM
Emjay, I am not bad mouthing. All I saying those titles like God for IR does not suite him. Leave alone God, he is not fit to be an angel.

And yes njv, the magazines might blow out but not his songs which shows his arrogance.

Alias, for you ARR is god.For us IR is god. lets leave it at that.

Shankar
31st August 2005, 12:47 AM
Saradha,
a fellow DFer tmrrmt has had detailed discussions/meetings with Raja...and according to him (and everyone whom i know have met Raja), Raja is a very humble and straight-fwd person...When you ask a loaded question, he surely show your place...and if you believe those mags, god save you.

njv,
nice reply :-)

alias
31st August 2005, 12:51 AM
njv, you have taken my comments as abuse. I did not criticize his music this time, as a person I said IR cannot be called a God or an angel and there is no way ARR is my God... that will be last thing I will ever utter in my life. He is an angel :-)

vijayr
31st August 2005, 02:33 AM
At the same time, IR's behaviour with a few fans cannot be considered as representative of his behaviour with his colleagues.Professional life is different.More room for egoism. A few magazines might be exaggerating, but not all of them can be dismissed as baseless. There will never be smoke without fire.Why dont we hear things like this about other MDs in the magazines? Why mostly IR?That should tell you something. Even I have heard accounts of how some lyricists were treated in the 80s. In the late 80s IR used to routinely dictate opening lines/words of songs. How would IR feel if Vaali or someone regularly suggested the scale or the tune for the opening lines of the song? Right, he would have shown the lyricist the door.

njv
31st August 2005, 04:51 AM
At the same time, IR's behaviour with a few fans cannot be considered as representative of his behaviour with his colleagues.Professional life is different.More room for egoism. A few magazines might be exaggerating, but not all of them can be dismissed as baseless. There will never be smoke without fire.Why dont we hear things like this about other MDs in the magazines? Why mostly IR?That should tell you something. Even I have heard accounts of how some lyricists were treated in the 80s. In the late 80s IR used to routinely dictate opening lines/words of songs. How would IR feel if Vaali or someone regularly suggested the scale or the tune for the opening lines of the song? Right, he would have shown the lyricist the door.

Collegues like who. Tell me one person who said that. You will immeditely point out VM. He used IR to come up the ladder and when see that he dont need IR, he charged IR like a child and moved to different trees and now he is saying that in his career he has lost few good friends.

Why we dont hear about other MDs? Because they never existed.

I am not going to disucss on this any more, since you guys just have aversion and hatred over IR and no one can change that. PERIOD.

rprasad
31st August 2005, 05:32 AM
We all know IR is a little eccentric like most Geniuses are. He never bothered to develop a good relationship with the media . This infact came back to haunt him and was one of the several reasons for his downfall in tamil film music. Infact the media was waiting for someone to outshine IR in Tamil film music and found that man in ARR. Infact if you see the number of articles that came out featuring ARR after Roja it was mindboggling. The media basically put him through the roof after one movie(The fact that ARR justified it by his talent is another story). Infact i remember India Today article which basically said ARR would drive IR out of business with hit computerised wizardry and that IR's fusion music was painfully passe compared to ARR's tunes. All this after just one movie from ARR. This shows how much the media wanted to get back to IR and how bad the relationship was.

I do not know if IR treated his professional collegues badly or not but the media certainly had a grudge against him and there was always the incentive to exaggerate any story concerning IR. Lets not get into who is a god or angel . IR was an eccentric genius and this always resulted in someone feeling the brunt of his moodiness/arrogance. This in no way gives us the license to comment on his character or if he was a giving person or not. Lets stick to what we know and that is his extraordinary music.

vijayr
31st August 2005, 08:44 AM
"Why we dont hear about other MDs? Because they never existed. "

njv, IR isnt the only MD to exist in TFM.I meant MDs in general from past to present.

"Collegues like who"

Many. Lyricists(only VM had the guts to walk out especially when he was in his prime), actors(Rajni), directors(KB,BR), just to name a few. Why would all these people have differences with one person and yet that one person is blemishless while everyone else is to blame?Think logically or atleast intuitively.

Like I said earlier, no smoke without fire. Why would magazines fictitiously come up with stories to defame someone? avangaLukku vera vela illaya? And that too, not just one or two of them but all.
I dont accept all these stories about IR antagonizing the media and so on.
He has given many interviews to many magazines throughout his career.There were TV shows in SUNTV on Diwali and other festival days showing his Chinnavar songs recording and so on. For someone being publicity-shy IR has appeared in most magazines/TV channels even recently for his TIS.

venus05
31st August 2005, 10:07 AM
If I call IR (for that matter anybody) as an arrogant person, by few incidents quoted from some magazines, it will be a total generalization without going into specifics. Before sitting on the judges chair I would like to answer the following

Do I have enough evidence to support that IR behaved the way it is described in the magazines?

I know one side from some Lyrcists and some producers, did I ever know about IR's side argument.

If this person is always arrogant or sometimes?

He could not have always been arrogant, because I have read expereinces from lot of his coworkers like Guitarists Chandrasekar(he mentions about his session with IR in which how IR taught the easy method to a tough fingering) , Viji Manuel, Guitar Prasanna(he mentiones how he dicscuss 10 voice counter-point with him), TVG, Hari Prasad Chaurasia, VS Narasimhan, Unni krishnan, Chitra, Swarna Latha to today's Chinmaye. Since IR is not in helm of affairs now, they need not tell lie or need not get scared about him. Our fellow DFers also met him in person and spend time with him and none of them quoted him as an arrogant person. If he is an arrogant guy, why would the legend like Semmangudi keeps IR's phtoto in his bed room. The reason he gave was again he is a "good human being or human being with good heart" not because he is arrogant.

He may be arrogant at times and for some reason I do not know. But he may have his own rational to do that. How do I know the person who was involved in that is not at fault. Just because I do not know IRs side, do I need to judge him as arrogant.

Because his songs carry his names is he being arrogant?

For that matter he is not the lyricist of the song and none of the lyricist ever quoted that Raja wanted to praise him in the song.

How can I judge that he is arrogant with the above data?

If I accept that becuase he is an arrogant and wants others to praise him that is why he had included "pudhu ragam padai pathale" lines in that song, what about my favourite Kaviarsu Kannadasan's song "Koppailae in kudirrppu" , he quotes himself as "God". There is no other lyricist involved KD only wrote this. Is he under the same law? Then are I accept him as arrogant too?

I would think this a situational, lyricist writes for the rhyming, tune, unless there is an evidence that IR wanted the lyricist to praise hime in the song I cannot conclude anything. Again as I do not know the full picture, I am assuming lot of things here by judging him arrogant.

Because he asked some lyricist to write a better line, does it mean that he is insulting the artists and arrogant?

I have read lot about Directors like BR and Balanchander called names and even slapped the heros and heroines if they are not satisfied with the scene. Am I calling them arrogant? Why the same law is not applied to them? In MSVs interview, I heard that he even went and patched up with TMS during a conflict. These are all part of creative process of the artists.

If I really want to know how arrogant he is, as I do not have a chance to interact with him directly, I would read his books like Sangeetha kanavugal, Narambu veenai, yaarukku yar elluthuvathu etc., and find out his priorities, values in his life and then I would judge (again if at all I need to).

Otherwise with the media information, I can manipulate the available information seeing through my own lenses(baggages), I can judge the characters of the artists like IR and conclude him be an "arrogant" person. It is very easy. But I would like to use critical thinking faculty and consider above questions before I judge him as "Arrogant" person.

I would like to consider the following as well before pointing others as "arrogant"

Am I not arrogant some point of time, in my roles as a parent, as a spouse, as a Project Manager, as a developer, as a Driver,as a fellow human being?

Is IR a miser?

By listening to one of my friends statement, I would not conclude that. Again IR has all the right to use his money however he wants. Do I have any information that he never spents money on others or charity? I do not have any evidence to support this. But in 1984, he went around TN and conducted concerts and gave all the money to Sri Rangam gopuram (5 lakhs in 1984). I can use this as a evidence to conclude that he is not a miser. Before even going there, how many percent of my salary I am spending in Charity?

Discalimer :
This is my way of approching before judging IR or anybody. Others have all the rights to differ from my way of doing things and one step further they have the right to judge me as IR fanatic. I have tolerance to their opinion.

Shankar
31st August 2005, 10:43 AM
vijayr,
List down your many ! We all know what happened with KB...When someone pointed out that pudhu pudhu arthangaL was a hit only bcos of Raja's music, KB got offended and said I can come out with hit even without Raja and got MM to compose for him...

BR chose VM over Raja, and this was mentioned by BR himself in TV (this fellow gets emotional when he holds the mike..He said, "i had to choose between 2 friends, and I made my choice without fully being happy" ...and in case you are not aware of Mani-Raja incident, it was GV who was instrumental in their split (pls check the archives...I had given a detailed account of this earlier).

Again, With Rajni, when Rajni asked Raja to reduce his salary, Raja said "only God can reduce my salary". Rajni got pissed off...

I would rather believe people I know than those third rate cheapo journalists who foul mouth Raja bcos he didn't respect them (who in their good senses would respect them ?)

Everyone, include Rajni, kamal, arr keep the media happy to save their skin...Raja is straight fwd person, and he chose to take a hit on the professional front, than being a hypocrite.

S.Balaji
31st August 2005, 11:56 AM
[tscii:d42450f52b]It’s a wrong interpretation by respected Sharadha S.N. which has led to others reacting sharply and counter reactions that followed….

By mentioning the words….. IR IS ABOVE CRITICISMS AND VIMARSANAMS…. I was driving the fact that IR has achieved so much in life and has such a huge respect from other stalwarts across the world….he has crossed those days of critics trying to crucify him… He is a genius and has crossed all those vimarsanams long back…
Time and again, IR had proved his critics wrong by coming out with glorious numbers… everlasting numbers…. Which no other MD can even think of such interludes in their dreams….

After the defaming post of Sharadhaji, I was stunned by the following posts and badmouthing by Mr. Alias…. ( seems Alias has some personal vendetta and some old score to settle with IR )…..I wish Mr. Alias maintains some TFM DF decorum….

I am pained to go through the exchange of fire between IR fans and ARR fans…Probably this is a hunting ground and free for all to launch missiles on IR….

I think Mr. NJV had to come out with a hard hit posting ( eventhough very hard to digest … but yes most of them are well heard and sound rumours )…
How do we suddenly stoop down to such low levels … and start defaming others… just by few incidents ( may or may not be true … ONE SHOULD NOT GO PURELY BY PRESS STATEMENTS )

Press statements are not yardsticks or benchmarks to assess a personality….

Besides, an incident here or there will not be a measure to analyze a character….

Let us not touch somebody’s personal character or trait…

Or for that matter, lets not JUDGE A PERSON PURELY BY FEW INCIDENTS OF THE PAST…..

IR may be an introvert…. But let us not drag his name unnecessarily in this elite forum and spoil his stature… For whatever that is being discussed here will not have any impact on him…but even for a moment if he hears about this, millions of IR fans’s hearts will pinch…

Somebody mentioned about IR being miser, stringy etc etc.. May be the history book of Srirangam temple will tell what IR had done for renovating the Rajagopuram..way back…

Lets touch our hearts and inner soul and say … how many of us have been generous in donating for charity or for any social cause….

Its very easy to criticize a person…… Difficult to appreciate …..

Even today everyone is so envy of IR’s achievements ( in such a short span of time )…. that criticisms keep pouring about him still….as IR is still a wonder to all of us…..

Somebody also mentioned about … IR making songs in self praise…..

For them, let me share the truth that MADAI THIRANDHU …. Is one of the greatest songs till date on usage of instruments…. It was composed in 1979 or 1980 ( when IR was about to reach his peak… hence there was no way that IR had to portray his image boosting or ego boosting exercise…..

There is no need for IR to push someone to write such songs… praising him…. What he had earned through his crores and crores of fans itself is enough for him ….. such songs only can give trivial satisfaction…and its frivolous to think from such an angle...

IR’s divine music has given peace of mind, happiness, pleasure , unfound joy to millions…..and that itself is a greatest contribution to the music lovers…and the society….

Humbly requesting you all …. Please do not use this great forum to settle your personal scores by dragging the IsaiGnani….Isai Sithar… IsaiRaji… IsaiBrahmarishi….Isaikadavul….Ragadevan.

From a small time Village like Pannaipuram, IR rose to the level of one of the greatest MD ever the music world had produced.

IR is IR … Nobody even in future can scale his heights…..

Today… IR is like…. ENADHU UDALUM UYIRUM PORULUM SAGALAM RAMANAARPANAM….

[/tscii:d42450f52b]

Shankar
31st August 2005, 01:48 PM
[tscii:f69859b3c7]>>>>>>>
May be the history book of Srirangam temple will tell what IR had done for renovating the Rajagopuram..way back…
<<<<<<<

No...not again balaji !! Some of our RED friends would pounce on Raja again for a different reason ;-)[/tscii:f69859b3c7]

saradhaa_sn
31st August 2005, 03:17 PM
Dear all...

Thanks for your nice responses for my comment, even most of them attacking me, which I expected more (thatswhy I mentioned in the last line of my previous posting).

But, at the same time, somebody who is supporting for my comment use the words as 'arrogant' and 'miser', which I did not mentioned anywhere.

Until I posted my previous comment, all postings in this thread were only for praising IR's talent and excellent skill, which everyone to accept and not to refuse.

But when the praises are gone to an extent that he is like a God, I thought why not we point out some of his negative sides, which we heared and read, from some relaiable sources. It is not meant degrading his talents, which known by everyone. Infact Mr. Balaji knows how I am respect on Raja and his music.

But after my posting only, this thread turned to a direction from just praising him, to a healthy discussion of both the side of IR. Many positive and negative points have been analysed by many friends, I am happy to see that I am the spark for that fire.

Not only about IR, even about others like ARR, when the praises go to the extent of showing them as God, I will come back with handfull of their negative points.

If anything personally hurt anyone, kindly accept appologies from your sister. But still I am in a place that, my points are non-refusable.

alwarpet_andavan
31st August 2005, 04:16 PM
Dear all...

Thanks for your nice responses for my comment, even most of them attacking me, which I expected more (thatswhy I mentioned in the last line of my previous posting).

But, at the same time, somebody who is supporting for my comment use the words as 'arrogant' and 'miser', which I did not mentioned anywhere.

Until I posted my previous comment, all postings in this thread were only for praising IR's talent and excellent skill, which everyone to accept and not to refuse.

But when the praises are gone to an extent that he is like a God, I thought why not we point out some of his negative sides, which we heared and read, from some relaiable sources. It is not meant degrading his talents, which known by everyone. Infact Mr. Balaji knows how I am respect on Raja and his music.

But after my posting only, this thread turned to a direction from just praising him, to a healthy discussion of both the side of IR. Many positive and negative points have been analysed by many friends, I am happy to see that I am the spark for that fire.

Not only about IR, even about others like ARR, when the praises go to the extent of showing them as God, I will come back with handfull of their negative points.

If anything personally hurt anyone, kindly accept appologies from your sister. But still I am in a place that, my points are non-refusable.

Since you're the spark, whats next? How IR behaves with his family members????? How unpatriotic he is? Or how much tax he's been evading? Surely, reliable sources must have something on these things too....

S.Balaji
31st August 2005, 04:33 PM
Respected Mrs. Saradha.S.N.

Its too late... You have already done the damage but quoting from unscruplous magazines and unworthy dailies...
I wish you go back again to the origin of this entire thread and find out any where IR was compared to God( as you had highlighted )
What I had mentioned about IR also... as RAGADEVAN, ISAISITHAN... does not mean that he is the ultimate God.

There were no healthy exchanges after your first posting ( as you mentioned now )... instead, it became a proxy war between IR and ARR fans....
You have not directed this forum to a new direction ( as you have mentioned now )... Actually, you have attempted to misdirect this forum members by quoting from magazines .... YOU HAD ACTUALLY TRIED TO DO A CHARACTER ASSASSINATION ON IR...

Its really sad sad sad.....

Its unfortunate that one has to read such postings..... purely made based on Magazines and dailiies.... WHOSE INTENTIONS ARE HOW TO SELL OUR MAGAZINE BY GIVING SENSATIONAL NEWS..

Infact through your posting, you had prompted Mr. NJV to come out with certain VERY VERY HARD BUT RUNNING RUMOURS.... I am sure , that was not his intentions but your unfortunate posting has triggered that much reaction from one of IR fans......

This forum is totally spoilt now....

thumburu
31st August 2005, 04:57 PM
Since the very inception of TFMDF, IR's character bashing(his arrogance etal) has been done to death.
So whaz new in that? Hasn't he given enough room for
us to hit out at his recent works like TBI, ONOK, AOKK,
COA ? Adhai pannalaam vaango.

alwarpet_andavan
31st August 2005, 07:11 PM
TBI, ONOK, AOKK,
Please remove the odd one out from the aforementioned series :)

njv
31st August 2005, 07:35 PM
TBI, ONOK, AOKK,
Please remove the odd one out from the aforementioned series :)
Yes, substitute that with Kasturimaan. The music doesnt sound like IR. Now I am enjoying

ONOK - Kaatril Varum Geetham, Gajuraho
AOKK - Andha Naal, Kaattuvazhi
COA - Nalla Vazvu - damn good

emjay
31st August 2005, 07:41 PM

No one is attacking you. I am sorry to say this. We have a better job to do. You started a totally unwarranted cheap accusation about IR. We tried to throw some light to show to the forum readers some basic decency before posting comments.

Thanks. Alias's comment really hurt me and I am sure it would have hurt thousands of IR's fans.

I would have gladly ignored if you or alias had anything to say about His music. It is just fine!!. But, you both chose to attack his personal character. It is just very very cheap, in my book of ethics.
Shame.

Someone who respects music, would never stoop to this level of accusing a person of being arrogant, by MERELY flipping pages from the SENSATIONAL magazines.

"Healthy discussion" ??
You must surely be joking or sorry to say, lost balance?
Taking about an artist's personal life - means healthy discussion to you. You must be having a basic attitude problem.

Be it IR or ARR or anyone. If you come back with handfull of their negative points on their personal life, it is JUST SHAME ON YOU and not the person whom you are bringing against !!

I am not a fan of ARR, but, I would not involve myself in mudslinging about him as a person. I don't like his music, but as a human let us all love each other.

Your appologies aren't going to help us in anyway. Good if you re-introspect for your good. In future, please refrain youself from making any personal attacks.

vijayr
31st August 2005, 07:42 PM
To Shankar and other fans, I am not completely buying what the magazines write. But I truly believe from what I have heard and seen (apart from the magazines) that there is some element of truth to all that. I dont believe in completely dismissing everything as baseless. (BTW, I believe it was IR who said Pudhu pudhu arthangaL ran because of the songs. Thats what I remember reading) Thats just pushing things under the carpet.IR isnt exactly the symbol of humility. Nor is he arrogance personified. But he has his own foibles. Absolving him of everything and laying the blame on everyone else is absurd.

alias
31st August 2005, 07:42 PM
[tscii:b53648a590]/quote

After the defaming post of Sharadhaji, I was stunned by the following posts and badmouthing by Mr. Alias…. ( seems Alias has some personal vendetta and some old score to settle with IR )…..I wish Mr. Alias maintains some TFM DF decorum….

/quote

Mr Balaji, I do not have any personal vendetta against IR. I thought I would share how awful person he is in real life. His music might be magic but not as a human being. What I said about IR is 100% truth. Person who talks about Spirtuality and humanity does not follow that in real life. Just because he donates for a gopuram in some temple does not mean he is pari vallal. Show me one example where he has helped people. He can go and ask for donation for his TIS album but he would care for any Tsunami victims. Thats show what kind of person he is. All I am asking how many concerts or shows he has organized in his life time to benfit others? God has given him talent and being a important public figure in Music industry he could not do anything which benefits others. And you guys call him God, Rishi etc. He is not fit for these titles. He is a pure musician who is selfish and thinks about his life.

Since I am talking about IR cruelity here, you ask me to maintain TFM decorum? If assasinating IR character is considered ugly then it is ugly.
[/tscii:b53648a590]

alwarpet_andavan
31st August 2005, 07:50 PM
To Shankar and other fans, I am not completely buying what the magazines write. But I truly believe from what I have heard and seen (apart from the magazines) that there is some element of truth to all that. I dont believe in completely dismissing everything as baseless. (BTW, I believe it was IR who said Pudhu pudhu arthangaL ran because of the songs. Thats what I remember reading) Thats just pushing things under the carpet.IR isnt exactly the symbol of humility. Nor is he arrogance personified. But he has his own foibles. Absolving him of everything and laying the blame on everyone else is absurd.
Vijayr,
Yes he may not be humility personified but the point is people like Sarada and alias are sitting on a moral high ground and judging who is a noble soul and who is not. When i say IR is God, i'm talking about music and i think it may be the same with other fans. What do we get out of dissecting the characters of celebrities?

emjay
31st August 2005, 07:50 PM
I think, any sane person who has some decency and ethics will not respond to alias's post. If this is what his posts are, disgrace to him not to IR.

alwarpet_andavan
31st August 2005, 07:54 PM
[tscii:7e62e51012]

Mr Balaji, I do not have any personal vendetta against IR. I thought I would share how awful person he is in real life. His music might be magic but not as a human being. What I said about IR is 100% truth. Person who talks about Spirtuality and humanity does not follow that in real life. Just because he donates for a gopuram in some temple does not mean he is pari vallal. Show me one example where he has helped people. He can go and ask for donation for his TIS album but he would care for any Tsunami victims. Thats show what kind of person he is. All I am asking how many concerts or shows he has organized in his life time to benfit others? God has given him talent and being a important public figure in Music industry he could not do anything which benefits others. And you guys call him God, Rishi etc. He is not fit for these titles. He is a pure musician who is selfish and thinks about his life.

Since I am talking about IR cruelity here, you ask me to maintain TFM decorum? If assasinating IR character is considered ugly then it is ugly.
[/tscii:7e62e51012]
Were you annointed by The Almighty to judge and assess the characters of REAL acheivers in life? Since you're so obsessed with the "public service" of character assassination, why don't you let us in on the secrets of who Sania Mirza is going out with? Or who Bhavatharini dated before her wedding? We're waiting.......

alwarpet_andavan
31st August 2005, 07:54 PM
I think, any sane person who has some decency and ethics will not respond to alias's post. If this is what his posts are, disgrace to him not to IR.
:lol:
Call me insane but i couldn't resist it.... :)

saradhaa_sn
31st August 2005, 08:12 PM
Still I am sure that, I never touched in any place of my comment about the PERSONAL LIFE of IR. All about his performances only. (Some others may done it, which I am also not accepted).

vijayr
31st August 2005, 08:13 PM
alwarpet andavan, I addressed my post to njv, Shankar and others who seem to think IR is an angel, could do no harm and its everybody else's fault. To me, thats worshipping the man, not his music.

S.Balaji
31st August 2005, 08:15 PM

Emjay,

I found in the posting of Alias... words like.... MISER , ARROGANT,
Which IMO are of quite cheap thinking and taste...
Hence I felt Mr. Alias shall maintain some TFM DF ethics and decorum...

Naam enna evvalavu tharam thaazndhu poi vittomaa.....

One can stoop down to such levels to do a character assassination ?? Attacking some eminent personality like IR on his traits and personal life is not in good taste......

My message is .... lets enjoy the divine music of IR.... not digress and attack his personality.....

Everyone will have his favourite idol, hero , etc etc and he has every right and freedom to worship them....
It doesnt mean that he should defame others... whom he did not like....

S.Balaji
31st August 2005, 08:22 PM
[tscii:ffa408cf6d]
alwarpet andavan, I addressed my post to njv, Shankar and others who seem to think IR is an angel, could do no harm and its everybody else's fault. To me, thats worshipping the man, not his music.

Vijay,

Correction here…. Nobody thinks about IR as an angel… but everybody think about IR’s songs as something special…. We all admire and worship him for his composing skills….
IR is a trend setter for Tamil Film music….He changed the direction of TFM….
[/tscii:ffa408cf6d]

vijayr
31st August 2005, 08:27 PM
S.Balaji, apparently there are people here who DO think of IR as an angel. Go back and read old posts.

NormalMan
31st August 2005, 08:32 PM
Mr Balaji, I do not have any personal vendetta against IR. I thought I would share how awful person he is in real life. His music might be magic but not as a human being. What I said about IR is 100% truth. Person who talks about Spirtuality and humanity does not follow that in real life. Just because he donates for a gopuram in some temple does not mean he is pari vallal. Show me one example where he has helped people. He can go and ask for donation for his TIS album but he would care for any Tsunami victims. Thats show what kind of person he is.

Dude check this out,
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/news/kamal-17a.html

He did give something for Tsunami relief.

I think you have a serious problem alias. Maybe you worked for a nonsense magazine and tried to interview IR and he kicked you out. Or you showed your ignorance and stupidity in front of him. Get a life and try something else.

vijayr --> I'm very disapoointed in you. You seem to be waiting for a moment & chance to bring IR down. I would like to see one clipping where they mentioned all the nasty things people are mentioning.

Let me tell you this, IR has come to my house twice and the level of down-to-earth attitude he showed, is something you will have to see. Guys enough is enough ...... try something else.

emjay
31st August 2005, 09:04 PM
Dude check this out,
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/news/kamal-17a.html

NormalMan,

The link you gave is SLAP ON THE FACE of people who FOUL MOUTHed without checking the facts.

alias
31st August 2005, 09:05 PM
AA, I am not annointed by Almighty, but yes as a person in this society, I have the right to ask for IR achievement in other field when people elevate him to position of God or Rishi.
No, you dont have to wait since we are talking only about IR. Open a new thread in other forum for Sania Mirza and Bhavathrini and I will see what I can do :-)

Mr Balaji, did i call IR music rotten and crap...No.. I am just calling him miser and arrogant which he is.. So what is the problem? However divine his music may be,,, he is not divine. So I dont understand whats the issue here. He is not a God in my eyes nor others. SO attacking him at personal level should not be a problem to you. Workship IR songs not him. He is open to critisism since he happen to be a public figure.

Dude Normalman, I have not worked for any magazine and thanks for thinking me as a reporter.. No thanks :-)

I have been quite until now. I have not written anything bad about others in this forum. I am sticking to the topic. Emjay, Normalman, you should read Balaji post who is asking to maintain decency in this forum. Stop attacking me. Dont test my patience. :evil:

S.Balaji
31st August 2005, 09:20 PM
[quote="alias"]Emjay, IR personality is disgrace to this society not me. I am trying to pinpoint his weakness not his music.

Mr. Alias, May I know in what way IR personality is disgrace to this society..... Can you pls substantiate this for the benefit of all of us...

AA, I am not annointed by Almighty, but yes as a person in this society, I have the right to ask for IR achievement in other field when people elevate him to position of God or Rishi.
No, you dont have to wait since we are talking only about IR. Open a new thread in other forum for Sania Mirza and Bhavathrini and I will see what I can do :-)

No , not all...What do you mean by your comment....AS A PERSON IN THIS SOCIETY, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO ASK FOR IR ACHIEVEMENT IN OTHER FIELD...
Friend, we are addressing this issue of you and others targetting IR on personal front... about his traits.... Pl do not digress

Mr Balaji, did i call IR music rotten and crap...No.. I am just calling him miser and arrogant which he is.. So what is the problem? However divine his music may be,,, he is not divine. So I dont understand whats the issue here. He is not a God in my eyes nor others. SO attacking him at personal level should not be a problem to you. Workship IR songs not him. He is open to critisism since he happen to be a public figure.

So , you can call by all words from the dictionary... if you didnt like someone... Pls justify again.... MISER..... Can you bring some evidence to this... Have been watching IR day in and day out ??
ARROGANT... Have been observing IR's behavioural pattern every second ????

Dude Normalman, I have not worked for any magazine and thanks for thinking me as a reporter.. No thanks :-)

Actually, what you had originally mentioned was... Some friends had been to IR's house for collecting donation for a CRICKET MATCH... :oops:
Mate, if they had gone for any other Charity... nobody would have refused to entertain.... but WILL YOU ALLOW SOME STRANGER TO YOUR HOUSE ... WHO COMES WITH A REQUEST FOR CRICKET ????

I have been quite until now. I have not written anything bad about others in this forum. I am sticking to the topic. Emjay, Normalman, you should read Balaji post who is asking to maintain decency in this forum. Stop attacking me. Dont test my patience. :evil

Dear friend, your offensive comments like ... ARROGANT... MISER .... are unparliamentary... Beyond TFM manners and ethics...
Pls shun from such words....

njv
31st August 2005, 09:39 PM
Emjay, IR personality is disgrace to this society not me.

sorry

emjay
31st August 2005, 09:39 PM
Balaji/NormalMan,

To give fitting reply to alias, we have to stoop to the new low he has touched. Better, we not.

njv,

My ego wanished. TIS made me appreciate music than fighting with other MD fans, specially ARR fans. Infact I have been enjoying ARR songs all along, but used to bash ARR and his songs and his fans just because of my "EGO". It just wanished. Now alias, arjuna, dinesh are all my friends. I am very comfortable talking to them, express my honest opinion which never created any ARR-IR war. Sometime, I give up and sometime they give up. It just shows that we are here for music and nothing else.

Do you still stick by your statements after alias chooses to call IR "miser" and "arrogant" time and again?

vijayr,

Even I do not agree that He is "God"!! Out of emotions someone might have said so.. It is just fine to disagree.. But, one need not go to the extreme low that alias has!!

njv
31st August 2005, 09:42 PM
njv,

Do you still stick by your statements after alias chooses to call IR "miser" and "arrogant" time and again?

emjay

Please see my post above.

Yes, I still stick to my statements. Instead of bashing other MDs by looking at these posts, I decided to listen to good music.

"Pudhu raagam padaipathalae neeyum (IR) iraivanae"

alias
31st August 2005, 09:48 PM
Dear Balaji, u did not paste the whole statement "but yes as a person in this society, I have the right to ask for IR achievement in other field when people elevate him to position of God or Rishi"

No you dont have to watch a person 24hours to comment on his personal front. The example given in this topic is sufficient to justify these terms.

I agree with you 100% on this. A common man will definetly not entertain someone in his house but as a celebrity who is elevated to the position of God will not do it.

Balaji, I dont know how these words like MISER, ARROGANT are unparlimentary when we are talking about a public figure like IR.

alias
31st August 2005, 09:51 PM
Sorry njv/Balaji, it is my mistake.. I should have not said that. I respect IR but emjay statement about me make me angry. Sorry again. I take back this sentence about IR.

But I will stick to my statement of IR being arrogant and miser. NJV, just because I said this statement, you say everything about me is listed and you choose to ignore the comments made by others about me :(

S.Balaji
31st August 2005, 09:54 PM
IR personality is disgrace to this society not me. I am trying to pinpoint his weakness not his music.

Mr. Alias,

In my humble opinion, IR did not do the following which normally are classified as DISGRACE to the society :

1. He did not steal somebody's property
2. He did not openly misbehave with any respectable person
3. He did not misbehave with a woman...
4. He did not commit any fraud
5. He did not commit any offence
6. He did not bring in any new culture or habits or customs which brought disgrace to the society
7. He did not change the mindset of younger generation ( the future of our country ) by some unholy means
8. He has married only once in his life and God has given him a wonderful and worthy children.. His bondage and affection towards his wife and family is immense....
9. He did not reveal our national secrets to any foreign country
10. He did not smuggle anything out of the country
11. I have not seen him either smoking or drinking alchohol openly and misbehaving in any party or function

In my humble opinion, the above are normally identified as something disgraceful or disrepute to the society

FROM WHERE ON EARTH DID YOU FIND IR BROUGHT DISGRACE TO THE SOCIETY...

Music4Ever
1st September 2005, 12:22 AM
Ilayaraja IS Isaignani. Is there any doubt about it? He may "seem" (as opposed to "be") arrogant, he may seem stern and he may seem impolite. So what? Look at his music. Kajuraho kanavil ROCKS. Still he is giving great numbers.

Anybody think otherwise? Let's get back to track.

jaiganes
1st September 2005, 10:25 AM
Hey guys ! chillout!
this is a free society, If i wanna call vijayr GOD and worship him, then I can do it. None can stop me from doing it right? Even Vijayr cannot stop me from doing it.
alias wrote:

But I will stick to my statement of IR being arrogant and miser.
So what?
If I have chosen IR to be GOD, then I will worship him, irrespective of what alias or any other intellectual thinks.
Let us stop this behaviour of defining morals for others and start looking into us as to what we are and what we wanna become.

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 10:47 AM

Well, if you were the one who assesses a person only by his music why did you nod vigorously to those stmts made by the accusers ??

If *you* were an angel, you shud've maintained silence...Since you said "there's no smoke without fire" (obviously you had no proof for what you were talking about), and tried joining them, I had to retort !

You chose to believe those third rate magazines, and i chose to believe Raja (and my friends)...

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 10:51 AM
[tscii:9d8b12376f]/quote

/quote

[/tscii:9d8b12376f]

Since you are very specific about those "Tsunami Concerts"....did someone who conducted the concert do it for free ?? Or did that person charge his usual X Crores for it :-)

And on what basis do I have to believe the intent of the people who went and asked him for donation ?? He might've thought otherwise (Pls note, i'm just guessing here, not accusing anyone)

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 10:55 AM
S.Balaji, apparently there are people here who DO think of IR as an angel. Go back and read old posts.

Balaji,
You also have to note that there are some people who choose to believe Raja is an arrogant, hot-headed person who doesn't give back to the society etc (of course they haven't met him personally...but go through reliable sources like dinamaNi kathir, vAramalar etc....)

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 10:57 AM
>>>>>>>>
BTW, I believe it was IR who said Pudhu pudhu arthangaL ran because of the songs. Thats what I remember reading
<<<<<<<<

I don't think it was Raja who said this... In fact i read one magazine's xyz bathilgaL which went like this "why should a successful combo break bcos some third person irked their egos".

S.Balaji
2nd September 2005, 11:09 AM
Dear Shankar,

I thought the storm is over...

Infact Mr. Alias had already withdrawn his comments by apologising... That show his maturity levels.. I appreciate him for that ... today.. few people will come out of their shell of egos...Alias had been an exception...

After Mr. Alias had withdrawn his comments... I dont see any point in repeatuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..

Lets put and end to this mini Tsunami ... and move forward... to healty discussions...

Best regards...

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 02:09 PM
balaji,
It was meant to counter false accusations....wasn't directed at alias at all.

thumburu
2nd September 2005, 02:29 PM
I doubt if IR would have made that statement.
Rift between IR and KB started even before the release of Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal. There was some issue over money settlement for IR and that is why KB used some other MD for the rerecoding. Also I read that IR was pressurised to complete the RR within a day . As it was Diwali time, IR had already given commitment to other producers.

app_engine
2nd September 2005, 10:49 PM
http://tfmpage.com/forum/25232.29460.23:54:13.html

sathyakeerthi vAzhga!

vijayr
3rd September 2005, 12:35 AM
Shankar, you have serious comprehension problems.

"Well, if you were the one who assesses a person only by his music why did you nod vigorously to those stmts made by the accusers ?? "

What are you trying to say here? Where did I say that I assess a person only by his music? My evaluation of the person's musical talent/creativity is based on just the musical output, sure. But my assessment of IR the person is not based on his music. I didnt speak for alias or anyone else, I was making my own separate points and I stand by it.

"If *you* were an angel, you shud've maintained silence"

Did I say anywhere that I am angel? You are a veteran DFer right? I am surprised at your comprehension of my comments. If you dont like my comments or if the fact bothers you, say so. Asking someone to maintain silence(or in other words asking them to shut up) doesnt quite help the cause. This is a free forum.

"You chose to believe those third rate magazines, and i chose to believe Raja (and my friends)...
"

Yeah right, as if you were there at the recording spot to personally witness when IR and VM were having the fight. You believe in your sources and I believe in mine.
"Since you said "there's no smoke without fire" (obviously you had no proof for what you were talking about), and tried joining them, I had to retort ! "

You dont have any proof either of what exactly happened between IR and those several artistes.
And I dont depend on just magazines either. Apart from them I have other reliable sources as well. Just because IR happened to be in a good mood when he met a couple of fans his behaviour isnt going to be the same with his co-workers 365 days a year. Its obvious. And just by intuitive logic if one guy has problems with several others he isnt any angel. He has problems too.

Absolving IR of any blame for all the tiffs he had with others and laying the blame on everyone else is sheer naivete.

And I didnt mention anything about IR being a miser or anything else. Thats between you and alias. I didnt come out here supporting alias's comments.

vijayr
3rd September 2005, 12:39 AM
IR had also mentioned something about VM after their split in a function where he said "oru kaNNu theriyaadhavanaukku poyi "ovvoru thuLiyilum un mugam therigiradhu"nnu" lyrics ezhudharaan and so on.

What did he do to encourage the lyricist? Nothing. It was always tune-first-lyrics-next with IR where he himself used to dictate the opening words and lines.

alias
3rd September 2005, 01:33 AM
Since you are very specific about those "Tsunami Concerts"....did someone who conducted the concert do it for free ?? Or did that person charge his usual X Crores for it :-)

And on what basis do I have to believe the intent of the people who went and asked him for donation ?? He might've thought otherwise (Pls note, i'm just guessing here, not accusing anyone)[/quote]

Shankar, by X crores, I know whom you are pointing you. Whether he did this for free or he charged X crores, but the point is he did something and it would have brought a largge sum from the concert towards the cause. I am sure the organizer would have made the money from the concert whether they paid him or not. But your point does not prove what IR did :-)

As far as donation is concerned, whether it is for a cause or not, IR should have politely declined but he choose to humilate them which shows his arrogance. And people claiming him to God, Rishi or angel should know that the characters of God, Rishi or angel is exactly opposite to what IR did and this is what I am pointing.

rprasad
3rd September 2005, 04:21 AM
Vijay,

Nobody is trying to put all the blame for all IR's tiffs on others. When there is a tiff between two people both of them are equally responsible. The point here is only IR is being projected as the guilty party by the media(regardless of whether you accept or not there was always a cold war between IR and the media. I know people from the media who have confirmed it). When two persons with high egos work together there is bound to be conflict sometimes. so the blame is to be shared by both the parties here and not by IR alone. we all know VM, BR and KB have very big ego like IR does(KB and VM more than BR).The fact that IR has been in the field for so many years and worked succesfully with so many directors(both young and old) and other techinicians should tell you something about his nature in general. Ofcourse there are always times when he has behaved in eccentric manner and had tiffs with some people. But that does not mean that he can be classified as somebody who is always arrogant and disrespectful of others. Everyone has their moments of eccentricities and IR probably has more of it. i guess being a genius has its own shortcomings.

Shankar
4th September 2005, 11:54 PM
>>>>>>
But your point does not prove what IR did Smile
<<<<<<
It wasn't meant to defend Raja's actions...you were very specific about tsunami concerts, and hence the reply.

>>>>>>
Whether he did this for free or he charged X crores, but the point is he did something and it would have brought a largge sum from the concert towards the cause.
<<<<<<
it wud've definitely brought a large sum, but our man must've promptly taken his X crores...and the few lakhs remaining might've gone to those victims...Let these people who organize concerts, star-nights etc, give some from their own pocket (apart from conducting those things - I'm not saying these are bad) and THEN ask people to contribute.

alias
7th September 2005, 02:05 AM
So by your logic, the sponspors arranged for a music show. Make some lakhs(I am sure they dont make crores from the charity shows). Gave X crores to our man and the remaining Y lakhs to victims. Wow thats a good way of organizing profitable charity show :-)

S.Balaji
7th September 2005, 10:53 AM
Mr. Alias,

Innumaa indha sandai oyavillai :oops:

I could now recollect my School / college days when we used to fight about MSV vs IR :o

Lets move forward on healthy discussions

alias
7th September 2005, 08:33 PM
No Balaji, Dont worry this is just a chat between me and Shankar about X crores :-)

As we are discussing about IsaiGnaani topic, last weekend I happen to see Agni Natchitram for 50th time. Yes I completed half century watching Agni Natchitram :-) Even after watching it, I found as if I watching for the first time in Chandran Theatre (Udayam Complex in Chennai). No words to describe about the music of this great movie which I considered as a cult. What an amazing music by IR and his BGM..no words to describe it. I think the thunder which strikes when karthik and Prabhu meets is the highlight of the movie.
And for those street scenes, the BGM was amazing. I wish they could release a BGM CD for this movie and Mouna Ragam.

S.Balaji
7th September 2005, 08:45 PM
[tscii:3f167e4434]Alias,

When you mentioned about IR’s BGM… in Agni…. I recollect his BGM in Johnny….and also Nenjathai killadhey… also Tik Tik Tik…
Ofcourse… Rajapaarvai is an exceptional movie…

Probably IR set the trend for BGM and for re-recording ?

[/tscii:3f167e4434]

alias
7th September 2005, 10:29 PM
O.. is Nenjathai Killadey by IR? I thought it is by Shankar-Ganesh.. probably it is Pallavanai Cholai by Sankar Ganesh.

Yes but RajaPaarvai is an expectional movie. Even thought is a big flop but it is in my fav. list for all times. I can watch Agni, Nayagan, Raja Paravai and Idayam as many times as possible.

S.Balaji
8th September 2005, 10:46 AM
O.. is Nenjathai Killadey by IR? I thought it is by Shankar-Ganesh.. probably it is Pallavanai Cholai by Sankar Ganesh.

Yes but RajaPaarvai is an expectional movie. Even thought is a big flop but it is in my fav. list for all times. I can watch Agni, Nayagan, Raja Paravai and Idayam as many times as possible.

Paruvamay pudhiya paadal paadu....
Uravenum pudhiya vaanil....

The above 2 ones... only IR can compose such type of songs... Shankar Ganesh... can never do such songs....

One can easily guess who is the composer by the style of the song....

I think Nooravadhu naal also by IR ?

Shankar
8th September 2005, 11:12 AM
>>>>>>
<<<<<<

Shouldn't have any doubts about it either if you have listened to "vizhiyilE, maNi vizhiyil mouna mozhi..." song :-)

Also listen to the BGM when Vijaykant realizes Nalini's super-natural powers (when he sees the kumudam mag's cover page with a horse).

S.Balaji
8th September 2005, 11:17 AM
>>>>>>
<<<<<<

Shouldn't have any doubts about it either if you have listened to "vizhiyilE, maNi vizhiyil mouna mozhi..." song :-)

Also listen to the BGM when Vijaykant realizes Nalini's super-natural powers (when he sees the kumudam mag's cover page with a horse).\

Shankar,

You are on spot !

I sighted IR by the song Viziyilay mani viziyil .... only !

Besides the scenes you pointed out , the scene when Satyaraj and Nalini come across close to the Statue of Jesus....

Electrifying BGM

Shankar
8th September 2005, 11:54 AM
The same song featured in a kannada movie called "geetha" (shankar nag and an anaemic looking actress who i think married anant nag played the lead in the movie). I think the same movie has the kannada equivalent of "devadhia iLam dEvi.." as well.

rajasaranam
8th September 2005, 04:11 PM
Shankar,

the album 'Geetha' had more equivalents like
'Nanna jeeva' = 'devan thantha veenai' [naan paadum paadal?]
'Jotheyalli' = 'Maniyilae mani vizhiyilae' [Nooravathu naal]
'Santhoshkke' = 'Adichikko sight' [Kairaasikaaran]
'Kelade Nimageega' = 'Devathi ilam devi' [Aayiram nilavae vaa]
I think ive heard the other songs too in tamil - 'geetha sangeetha' and 'yene kelu' cant locate them exactly.
Though the song tunes are same i can find subtle differences in orchestration and chorus work.
Especially the devathai ilam devi which has haunting/ghostly feel in tamil got converted to a complete love song retaining the pathos feel only.

Cinefan
8th September 2005, 04:30 PM
Shankar,
I forget the name of that actress but am sure she didn't marry Ananth Nag.He got married to another actress Gayatri who incidentally did a lot of films with younger bro Shankar Nag.

BTW,didn't know the songs of Geetha were reworked.I always though the kannada version came first followed by the tamil ones.Are you guys sure?

Shankar
8th September 2005, 06:59 PM
I'm sure about it...Geetha songs were reworked from various Raja songs.

rajasaranam,
devadhai iLam devi's kannada version has more poignant feel than eerie feeling...In the movie, the song is part of a stageplay and the actors there depict a tribal couple trying to elope, how they are caught and how they die (or does only one of them die ? - not sure).

Sanjeevi
10th September 2005, 10:56 PM
No Balaji, Dont worry this is just a chat between me and Shankar about X crores :-)

As we are discussing about IsaiGnaani topic, last weekend I happen to see Agni Natchitram for 50th time. Yes I completed half century watching Agni Natchitram :-) Even after watching it, I found as if I watching for the first time in Chandran Theatre (Udayam Complex in Chennai). No words to describe about the music of this great movie which I considered as a cult. What an amazing music by IR and his BGM..no words to describe it. I think the thunder which strikes when karthik and Prabhu meets is the highlight of the movie.
And for those street scenes, the BGM was amazing. I wish they could release a BGM CD for this movie and Mouna Ragam.

Alais, Wov great pa.

I like very Idayathai thirudathaey BGM as same as you like Agni Natchathiram. Amazing "thullal" BGM.

Sanjeevi
10th September 2005, 11:01 PM
Mr. Alias,
I could now recollect my School / college days when we used to fight about MSV vs IR :o

Ippadi ellam nadanthucha enna? :roll:

However I have some bad opinion about MSV. he has copied some old hindi tunes?. It is true?

mr_karthik
11th September 2005, 01:26 PM
Mr. Sanjeevi, put your bad openion in the gutter.

MSV never copied any Hindi songs or music. This is well known by all who are participating in this thread, except few like you.

Avar ethanaiyo Hindi padangal Tamilil remake pannumbothu, avaigalukku music panniyirukkaar. Aanaal avatril kooda Hindi tune use panna mAttAr.

For eamples:

China Town = Kudiyirundha koyil
AarAdhnA = sivakamiyin selvan
Kilona = Engirundho vandhaal
Johny merA nAm = Raja
Dhushman = Needhi
Be iman = En magan
Namak harAm = Unakkaaga naan
ChachA Juta = ninaithadhai mudipavan
Zanjeer = sirithu vaazha vendum

innum ethanaiyo padangal. But he never used the original tune of Hindi films, but compose in his own & original way. Can you prove any one Hindi tunes he copied?.

But regarding others music directors, I can give you a plenty.

Ippo naamellaam BGM score pathi perisaa pesugirom. But MSV yin padangalil ulla BGM pathi ethanaiyo albums release pannalAm.

Sivandha mann, Ayirathil oruvan, Ulagam sutrum vAliban, Ooty varai uravu, kAthalikka nEramillai, Raja (Ajith's Raja alla, Sivaji's Raja) idhilellaam BGM score kEttirukeengaLA?. kEtta asndhu pOyiduveenga, andha kAlathilEyE ippadi pottirukArA appadeennu.

Ungaluku piditha music directorai evvaLavu venumnaalum praise pannunga. Adhu unga urimai. But adhey samayam MSV maadhiri geniousgaLai (unga wrong openion moolam) insult pannAdhEnga. please.

S.Balaji
11th September 2005, 01:49 PM
Mr. Alias,

Ippadi ellam nadanthucha enna? :roll:

However I have some bad opinion about MSV. he has copied some old hindi tunes?. It is true?

Ofcourse, the MSV vs IR group was there during the late 70s ( 1976 was the year of IR making debut )... This continued until Ninaithaly inikkum....up to that stage MSV still had his wonderful melody stuff ... Its too much to expect from MSV beyond that as there is a saying... ALL GOOD THINGS WILL COME TO AN END....

Yes MSV had to retire... as IR took total charge over Tamil film music in the 80s...
Now its ARR vs IR !!! and IR's days are virtually over.....

MSV would not have sustained so long if he had COPIED from others.... Some of his tunes had come out of inspiration and he develped them further to get the best...

Yadon ki barath is another classic example of MSV not taking even a single portion of the hindi songs but all the songs were glorious hits in NAALAI NAMADHAY.... the tamil remake by MGR...

I think KARTHIK HAD PRECISELY POSTED WHAT I HAD INTENDED TO PUT ABOUT MSV...

MSV and IR are two legends... like 2 eyes to Tamil film music..

mr_karthik
11th September 2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks S.Balaji sir. Naan ninaichen. Mr. Sanjeevi comment pArthathum, you or saradha will give a fitting reply for him. Naan unga ellorudaiya messagesum padichirukken. Irundhaalum naan konjam mundhikittu comment pannitten.

But, naan mention panniya MSV's BGM score pathi neenga onnume sollavillai.

PAvam MSV.
MusicnA enna, BGMnA enna, re-recordingnA enna, prelude, interludenA ennannu theriyAtha andRaiya rasigargalukku mathtiyil avar acheive pannittu poyitAr. AppO irundha 'maramaNdai' rasigargaL avaigaLai MGR padam, Sivaji padam, MGR pAttu, Sivaji pAtu appadeennu pArthAngale thavira, music pathiyum adukAga avar uzhaithadhai pathiyum therinjukalai.

AnAl ippO irukkinRa vivaramAna rasigargaL , MSVyin songs ippO ketkumbOthu 'adEyapA, appavE idhellAm pannitArA'nnu Achariyam adaigiRArgaL (sanjeevi ponRavargaLai thavira).

kAlathAl azhiyAtha avarudaiya padaipugaLE avar thiRamaikku sAtchiyAga nilaithu niRkum.

S.Balaji
11th September 2005, 04:01 PM
[tscii:3699725514]Dear Karthik,

When Mr. Sanjeevi mentioned something strange about MSV … Ennudaya manasu migavum varuthapattadhu…. How so easily one can denounce / defame / destroy an individual…

Its really really sad… to read such postings…. with comments like that .. but urfortunately.. .this is a discussion forum and everyone will have the right to express their mind and opinion……though they sound absurd and ridiculous..

BUT MY HUMBLE REQUEST TO EVERYONE IS…. PLEASE PLEASE ANALYSE A PERSONALITY BEFORE MAKING A REMARK……
Even MSV will not be affected by such postings of Sanjeevi but crores of fans’s hearts will feel the pain on reading such comments…….

MSV , from an ordinary assistant of another great Subbaiah Nayudu, rose to become one of the GREATEST MUSICIANS ever , Tamil Film industry had seen... AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO SEE ANOTHER MSV… OR FOR THAT MATTER… ANOTHER IR….

Yes, Karthik…. What you mentioned about BGM was absolutely right…. Those days with primitive and limited technology, MSV and TKR created wonders……..and there are countless number of movies where in they excelled in everything including BGM…
Just wish to mention about NENJAM MARAPPADHILLAI…, ANBAY VAA….PUDHIYA PARAVAI……..ULGAM SUTTRUM VAALIBAN….

The list is endless.. Countless number of melodius songs….great interludes….with limited technology those days…..

Again, Mr. Sanjeevi, if you don’t know anything about MSV… better don’t comment .. you are only trying to wound the emotions of MSV’s fans… and MSV was always for his fans only… He is a mass entertainer…. MELLISAI MANNAR….The Undisputed king of Melody…

Those days… as Karthik rightly mentioned… the credit for a song will mostly went to the character who sang in the screen …. No one saw TMS or PS or SJ or PBS or AMR…or SPB…. Or KJY….
No one saw its MSV or TKR or KVM …. They all saw MGR and Shivaji….and Kannadasan….

Today, we realize that those songs which were composed 40 / 50 years before are still fresh and melodious and one wants to hear them again and again…..ITS NOT DUE TO COPYING….ITS DUE TO MELODY, CREATIVITY, DEDICATION TO THE JOB…COMMITMENT ….TO GET THE BEST OUT OF LYRICIST, SINGER… ACTOR / ACTRESS…..

Wish to repeat what Karthik had posted earlier as he had precisely reflected what kind of emotions and feeling I was going through ….

PAvam MSV.
MusicnA enna, BGMnA enna, re-recordingnA enna, prelude, interludenA ennannu theriyAtha andRaiya rasigargalukku mathtiyil avar acheive pannittu poyitAr. AppO irundha 'maramaNdai' rasigargaL avaigaLai MGR padam, Sivaji padam, MGR pAttu, Sivaji pAtu appadeennu pArthAngale thavira, music pathiyum adukAga avar uzhaithadhai pathiyum therinjukalai.

AnAl ippO irukkinRa vivaramAna rasigargaL , MSVyin songs ippO ketkumbOthu 'adEyapA, appavE idhellAm pannitArA'nnu Achariyam adaigiRArgaL (sanjeevi ponRavargaLai thavira).

kAlathAl azhiyAtha avarudaiya padaipugaLE avar thiRamaikku sAtchiyAga nilaithu niRkum

Though this thread is for IR.... I had to do this posting as Mr. Sanjeevi touched MSV.....

Lets salute the Senior Maestro MSV .. the LEGEND…..

[/tscii:3699725514]