PDA

View Full Version : Mudhan Mudhalaaga...

jaycee
19th March 2007, 04:51 PM
Hi all, this is my first attempt in writing a story. Please Read/Review! :ty:

Mudhan Mudhalaaga...

Gautham, who is currently on a flight to India from Frankfurt along with his friends, was deep in a train of thoughts. The discussions and the jokes played by his friends are now oblivious to him. He was in his own wave of memories.

Gautham is a tech lead in one of the leading software companies in India. He did Computer Science in BE in one of the colleges in Coimbatore. He got placed in his final year and even after 5+ years of experience, he is with the same company along with his friends. He is now returning to India after a stay of one year in Frankfurt.

He accepted this onsite trip just because he thought that he will be free of certain pains and memories in his life. 1 or 2 months after the arrival to Germany made him realize that these pains would never be gone and will continue to haunt him. His 3 friends with whom he sticked together right from the training days are also with him. When he was given the onsite offer he thought his onsite stay would also be miserable as he was supposed to go alone. He even thought of giving it up. But when his friends were also given the offer, he was relieved. He is now going back and has to face the environment that would bring back the painful memories. His parents and family were very happy when they heard that he is coming back, but he is afraid of what he will be facing.

<Flash Back>

Gautham is a guy with above-average looks. His family was small, but wealthy. His father is a business man and his mother a housewife. His father and mother were his first friends. He had one elder brother Rajesh who is 3 years elder than him. Rajesh is married to their cousin Rekha who was the only girl Gautham had talked to, in his school days. Right from the school days, he was not interested in girls. He always liked to spend time with his friends (only boys). Music and his favorite sport cricket are his interests.

His close friends used to chat with girls for hours through phones, but he was never interested. His friends always said that he will also become a chat-box when he goes to college. But he never did. Even in college, his time was with boys and gals spoke to him only if they had doubts in programming, as he was good in that. He only had two or three friends among gals and spoke less, even to them. His college mates tried to do some tricks and make him talk with gals and each time they tried, they failed miserably.

After he joined the company, he again sticked together only with boys and again had 2 or 3 gals in his batch as friends. His performance in his first project was good and he went to onsite within a year of joining and stayed there for 2 years, later joined by his friends. Once he and his friends came back from onsite they were moved together to another project as module leads. He was lucky that he always had his friends with him which was less possible in software companies. He would have never dreamt that the new project will be the place where his world would turn upside-down.....

(to be continued...)

All the characters, incidents and situations are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

pavalamani pragasam
19th March 2007, 10:07 PM
Smacks of real life incidents & diary confessions!

crazy
20th March 2007, 12:28 AM
hm.....................continue pannunga :)

btw Welcome to this hub Jaycee :P

jaycee
20th March 2007, 10:36 AM
crazy... thanks a lot :) :ty:

jaycee
20th March 2007, 12:33 PM
[tscii:108466f1dc]<Flash Back Continues in Gautham’s POV>

I moved into a new project and into a new role, module leader. I loved my job. Starting from school I was always awe about computers. I did computer courses and was enthusiastic about it. I joined computer science group in 11th. I did B.E. in Computer Science and was good in programming in my class.

When I joined this company I was so enthusiastic and proved myself that earned 2 years of onsite. Then, I moved into a different role, but I was always keen in programming also. On the first day in the new project, I found that there were more number of girls in the project. Then the first thing that came into my mind was ‘Oh!!! My God… What am I going to do?’ I know that my friends Raj, Ravi and Deva were happier and they were indeed.

I was never interested in girls and never tried to speak with them. But my friends, right from my school friends to these three, were interested in timeless chatting with girls. Deva was my best friend in school days. He always said I should talk to girls freely. Even in college when girls come to me for doubts in programming, I always had one of my friends by my side when I explained.

The first question he asked me, after the first day of training in the company was, ‘Innum nee thirundhave illaya da?’

When I joined my first project, I saw there were more senior girls and was more worried about that I have to go the girls for doubts. But I was saved, when my PM introduced a boy as my contact person for initial training in the project. Then things went on well for me. When I was transferred to this project, I asked for a technical lead role which will reduce the possibility of interaction with girls. But he promised that he will give that role within a year. But a discussion with my friends that night, frightened me.

Deva : Dei , ML aagittom. Indha project la yaavadhu ponnunga kooda pesu da.
Raj : Ponnunga neraiya irukkanga. Adhuvum, almost juniors illana namma batch. Eppadiyavadhu, life la settle aagidalam.
Me : ...
Ravi : ‘Innum kalyaname aagale, adukulla, pullai kku peru select panra kadhai a irukku.’ Dei, Ivan mudhal la pesattum da , appuram settle aagaradhu pathi pesuvom.
Me : Enakku avasiyame illa . Naan pesa matten.
Raj : Ivan thirundha mattan da.(Turning towards me) Aama , innaikku pudhu PM kitta enna discuss pannina.
Me : Module Lead role kku badhila, tech lead role ketten.
Deva : Yen?
Me : Module Lead na , ponnunga reportees varalam. Adhu velaikku aagadhu. Tech lead na problem irukkadhu.
Deva : Ennadhu , dei idhu unakke over a theriyala. Innum mosama thaan pore.
Raj : Dei, enga room mate-a da nee? Ivana edukku da room la sethinom?
Ravi : Tech lead na ellorum doubts keppanga, appo whole project la irundhu ponnunga vandhu doubts keppanga , parava illaya ?
Deva & Raj (together) : Vasthavamana kelvi. Appo enna pannuve.
Ravi : Dei , naanga enna oru ponna veetukku theriyaama kalyanam pannava da solrom? Ponnunga kooda pesa thaan da solrom. ML aagitte , iniyum nee pesala na romba kashtam machi.
Me : Yosikkiren.
Deva & Raj : Ennadhu??? Yosikkiraya ???
Ravi : Dei , ippo thaan da first step eduthu vechirukkan. Pesama irunga. Edhavadhu kulappidatheenga. Vedhalam marubadiyum murunga marathula yerida pogudhu.
Me : Naan yosikkiren nnu sonnadhu , roles pathi , ponnunga kitta pesaradhu pathi illa.
All three groaned.
Raj : Ivan sathiyma uruppada poradhe illa.
Me : Ponnunga kitta pesina thaan uruppuduven na , urupadamale irunthittu poren.
Raj : Ippo Nee higher roles move aagitta. Nee eppadi pesama irukka poren nnu naanga paaka thane porom?
Ravi : Dei , namma onsite la irukkum podhu andha neelima figure, ivan kitte phone panni doubts kettadhukku , details mail panren nnu solli phone a vechavan da. Ivan enna venum naalum seivaan.
Deva : Adha marakka mudiyuma? PM en kitta phone panni , Ivan yen ippadi irukkan? Ivanukku edhavadhu love failure-a ? illa edhavadhu problem-a? nnu kettar da. Ivan yen ippadi irukkan nnu , Account manager varaikkum maanam poiduchu.
Ravi : Sari vidunga da. Ivan endha role kku move aanalum pesiye aaganum. Ellam maaridum.
Me : Dei, enna bayamurutha theenga da .
All three : Illa da , idhu thaan fact. (In Vadivel style) Maattikittan da... Maattttttti kittan da...

I took the TV remote and switched to a hindi channel, much to the protests of my friends. My father, as a business-man knew all major south Indian languages and Hindi. So I learnt telugu and hindi from him. After a long protest from my friends I switched to a tamil channel. Then, I began to think about my friends’ words. For me it will be very hard to speak freely with girls. I prayed that ‘Better all my team mates be, boys’. But fate turned to be otherwise...

(to be continued...)

All the characters, incidents and situations are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.[/tscii:108466f1dc]

crazy
20th March 2007, 12:47 PM
:)

pavalamani pragasam
20th March 2007, 01:24 PM
koottu puzu pattaampoochiyaa vaLaruthu!!!

jaycee
21st March 2007, 04:02 PM
[tscii:fdc6cd7274]<Flash Back Continues in Gautham’s POV>

First few days in the project were good. I spent them in reading the documents. We four were supposed to lead teams with 6 members each. One fine morning 25 or 30 new joiners entered into my project ODC. There were more boys compared to girls in the batch. ‘Good’.

Me and Raj were reporting to the same PM. That afternoon he called Raj first and introduced his new team. After the introduction he came to me laughing. When I asked what the matter was, he just grinned. He sat down in his PC and started typing something to the other two in the internal messenger. When I saw them, they both lifted their heads and had an identical grin as that of Raj’s.

PM called me and when he was about to introduce to the team members, I nearly fainted. There were four girls and two boys. ‘This is going to be difficult’, I thought. Having 4 girls in my first project as a module lead will be a nightmare. I now knew why Raj was laughing. I am going to kill those three.

PM: Gautham will be your module lead and he will be reporting to me (‘Romba Mukkiyam’). He has about 3+ years of Industry experience and is a technical expert. You can go to him for all doubts (‘Edukku ya mela mela build up kudukkara’). He is new to this role, but he is a very good team player (‘Kandippa Ponnunga Irukkum bodhu illa’). Please introduce yourself. Ladies first (Naatukku romba thevai).( He grinned. All of them laughed and I gave a small smile. God only knowsthat, I am crying inside)

Girl 1 : I am Megha. I did BE ECE and I joined here as a fresher, a year before and my native is Erode. (First day in the new project, konjam decent a vara koodatha. Jeans-um, Make-up um konjam over thaan. UK accent vera. Erode la porandhu , ivvalavu build-up a ????)

Girl 2 : I am Anitha . I did BE EEE and joined here with Megha. My native is trivandrum (Kerala Naadu).

Girl 3 : I am Pooja , I am a fresher . I did BE ECE in Hyderabad, my native. (Homely aana ponnu. Neat a dress panni irukka. Ammavukku ivala romba pidikkum.)

By the time, I came out of the reverie, all where laughing. I guessed PM might have told a joke.

Girl 4 : I am Divya , I joined with Pooja. I did BE CSE and my native is Madurai. (Decent aana ponnu thaan)

Boy 1 : I am Naveen. I did BE in IT. I have 1 year of experience and my native is pollachi. (Namma ooru payyan. Vaada raja, va,va,va...)

Boy 2 : I am Deepak. I did BE in EEE and I am a fresher. My native is Trichy.
(Payyan pakkathula thaan irundhan, halls kalandha cigarette vaasanai. Pugai podara varo!!! Ok)

When I came out of the conference room, I went to Raj who was just preparing to re-locate from the cubicle beside me. He just laughed and went. Much to my distress, Megha sat in the cubicle behind me and Divya in the cubicle on my right. Naveen was diagonally opposite to me. Pooja sat in the cubicle farthest from me.I was trapped with two girls near me. But I had a weird feeling that said ‘It would have been better if Pooja would have occupied Megha’s or Anitha’s place’.

I gave them the documents to study and other documents for the new project we will be working. That night Deva, Raj & Ravi gave me a very hard time in the room. Each of them had more boys in the team. But ignoring that, they were very happy that there were more girls in my team and I would now have to talk with the girls.

The next few weeks before the start of work in my module were bringing a change in my life. I also noticed more about girls. Anitha was more on phone or on her mobile. Megha was also on phone but comparatively less time than anitha. I was interested when I found out that Pooja was rarely on phone and for a less time. Divya also spent less time on phone. Both the boys received more missed calls than incoming calls. I asked myself, why I am analyzing these things. Maybe, I am a ML now, so I have to see all these things.

My team also came to me for doubts and clarifications. As Divya, Pooja and Deepak were freshers, they came more frequently than the others. Pooja asked more among the freshers. Every time she said thanks to me, she smiled and it was more beautiful. Yes, I started to enjoy the smile and I was no longer uncomfortable among girls, but not too free. I was changing. I started to go for tea with the girls in my team. The change was visible to my friends and they were happier. Mostly I used to come a little late to office and leave a little late than the usual timings. So I greeted the team with a good morning. I did this even in my previous project, but only to boys.

Pooja was staying in the same area as I am. Incidentally, I met her many times I went out of the room and she always gave that beautiful smile. She was always quiet and talked less. In the office she would also ask me the places and about the shops in Chennai. One day except Pooja all the others went out for having snacks during the tea time. So it was only me and her for coffee break. She asked about by college and school and I asked about her and so we both came to know something about each other. She had an elder brother who was married during her final year and a younger brother, who was doing his second year BE in Coimbatore.

Pooja : Your mobile is so quiet. Don’t you have any girl friends?
I was surprised by this question.

Pooja : I am sorry if I have asked you something too personal.

Me : (Smiled). Nothing offensive. The answer is simple. I don’t have any. So what about you, your mobile seems so quiet for a girl.

Pooja : (Laughed). I don’t have any.

For some reason I was relieved of that answer and I even thought that there was a great satisfaction on her face. Then I guessed I should be dreaming and the rest of the coffee break went in silence before both of us agreed to go back to the cubicle.

The coffee breaks were welcome ones and I had more coffee breaks alone with Pooja. She began to call me in the weekends and always started with ‘It is boring’. The project began and slowly the work load began to increase. The call duration which started with 5 or 10 mins, went on to an hour and the calls also extended in weekdays after working hours. My friends always gave a mischievous smile when there was a call on my mobile. I have always wondered what will be going on in these chat, when my friends did. But after every call I felt something very happy. When the final phase of coding and testing started, Saturdays were also becoming working days for the project. She used to come with me in my two-wheeler during return, as it would be late in the evening or even night, sometimes. I was more and more happy. My module’s execution went smooth and there were less number of defects.

One Sunday, Pooja called me late in the night and said that she was caught up in a place, while returning from a friend’s dinner party. She can’t find any auto or bus for the return and said she was waiting for nearly 45 minutes. I felt something very bad. She said there was nothing to panic as there were 5 or 6 people in the same bus stop, but nothing was available to commute. I took my two-wheeler and rushed to the place in 20 mins.

Pooja : (Smiled) Traffic illama irundhalum , minimum 45 minutes aagum. Eppadi ivvalavu seekirama vandheenga.

I never felt, that I was going so much fast. Now I was a little angry.

Gautham : 45 minutes unna yaaru wait panna sonna. Yen seekirama phone pannala.

Pooja : Sorry. Neenga weekend outing mudichuttu tired a irupeenga nnu nenaichen.

Gautham : Nee inga 45 minutes a maati kittu irukka , ippo tired ellam mukkiyama. (I frowned). Mudhal la vandi la yeru.

During the return I drove in normal speed. A patrol police stopped us and enquired. I used to carry my ID card with me always and Pooja also had her ID. So we both explained and I dropped near her hostel. But something struck me and was surprised.

Gautham : Hey , nillu. Nee tamil la pesina.

Pooja : (She gave her usual beautiful smile) Appa!!! Kandupidichu teenga.

Gautham : How? (I asked with more surprise.)

Pooja : (She smiled again) Naan 6th to 10th Chennai la thaan padichen.

Gautham : What? Nee sollave illa.

Pooja : (She just smiled again) Appo kathukittadhu 50% thaan. Proj... Chennai join pannina appuram divya kitta kathukittadhu thaan adhigam.

Gautham : Ok. Go and take rest. Good night.

Pooja : Good night (She smiled again).

On the way I felt relaxed that she is safe. I was only thinking about her. Her smile, the way she talked with me and the way she talked with others, even girls. Her smile and laughter always encouraged me. Her words were always consoling whenever I felt irritated. Both had similar taste in reading books. Then the question came, ‘Why shouldn’t I marry her?'

After I reached my room, I saw that my friends were still up.

Raj : Enna da cab-service , late night kku extend aagiducha.

Deva : Dai enna da endha point la irundhu pick-up panna.

Ravi : Dai chumma irungada, avan edho theevira sindhanai la irukkan.

At that moment, I want to say what I felt to my friends.

Me : Naan Pooja va love panren da. Kalyanam pannina avala thaan pannuven.

(to be continued...)

All the characters, incidents and situations are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.[/tscii:fdc6cd7274]

crazy
21st March 2007, 04:08 PM
:D

jaycee
22nd March 2007, 05:37 PM
[tscii:efe9ca52ff]<Flash Back Continues in Gautham’s POV>

When I told my friends that I loved her, they were very happy.

Deva : All the best da. You are a perfect couple da.

Raj : You 2 are made for each other. We always want to tell you this.

Ravi : Dai, Tell her about your love soon. Don’t hesitate. All the best, da.

I was very happy and the week passed just like seconds. I felt Pooja very close to me. All the colleagues in the ODC, who came to know that she knew Tamil, were surprised. Deva , Ravi & Raj, gave a smile whenever they saw me and Pooja together. I sometimes noticed that Divya also gave a mysterious smile. But I ignored that.

The next weekend I went home. I made my mind to tell about my love to my parents. They are my first friends. My brother and sister-in-law Rekha should also know about this. When we all were together on Sunday, I decided to tell them all.

Rekha : Gautham , nee ippo ellam nee phone la romba neram irukkiye. Yaaru andha ponnu.

Even though I was about to tell them, I struggled to swallow the snack I was eating. All eyes were on me.

Mum : Ponnu paathuttiya. Enakku oru velai micham. Yaaru da andha ponnu.

Rajesh : Ivana , Love panradha , romba kashtam.

Dad : (On seeing my reaction , Dad smiled). Ponnu yaaru da. Avanga appa amma kitta pesiduvom. Vera caste a, vera religion-a , vera language-a , illa US ponappo anga paatha ponna.

Mum : (Shocked)Ennadhu foreign ponna . Adhu ellam venam. Namakku othu varadhu.

Rekha and my brother just grinned. Seeing the discussions, I gathered my strength to tell them.

Me : Ponnu peru Pooja. Ennoda team mate. Ponnu native Hyderabad. Aana naan innum ponnu kitta sollala.

Rajesh : Dei nillu. Idhu kanava? Rekha edhavadhu pannu. (My sister-in-law gave a swat on his arm playfully). Illa idhu nijam thaan. Nee eppadi da.

Dad : Telugu ponna. (Turning towards my mother) Nee ennama solre.

Mum : Foreigner-a illadha varaikkum parava illa. Aaana , nee um unga appavum mattum thaan ponnu kitta pesa mudiyum. Rajesh um rekha vum english la adjust panniduvaanga. Enakku ponnu english,telugu la pesaradhu purinjalum thirumba pesaradhu thaan kashtam.

All laughed. I was relieved. I know that my parents will agree, because they always let me and my brother do whatever we like, unless they reasoned it was not correct.

Me : Avalukku tamil nallave theriyum ma.
All of them together: Oh...

Rajesh : Innoru question. Nee andha ponnu kitta sollala ok. Aana andha ponnu kitta atleat pesi irukkiya. Illa na romba kashtam thambi.

My sister-in-law gave another slap in my brother’s arm.

Rekha : Ippo konja naal-a , avan mobile inga vandha romba busy-a irundadhe, neenga gavanikkala. (Turning towards me) Nee andha ponnu kitta solriya , illa naanum, atthai um poi pesatuma.

Me : ( I prayed them) Ayyo. Venave venam thaai kulangale. Naane pesikkiren.

At that moment my mobile in the table before us ringed and it was Pooja on the line. Ignoring the comments from Rajesh and Rekha, I picked up the phone.

Pooja : Hi . Enna panreenga.
Me : Naan veetula thaan irukken. Free thaan, sollu.
Pooja : Guess where am I.
Me : No idea.
Pooja : Surprise. Naan-um ippo Coimbatore la thaan irukken.

Me : (Was astonished). Eppo. Eppadi. Nee sollave illa. Coimbatore varren nu.

Pooja : Appa voda friend oruthar Customs la irukkar. Inga transfer aagi irukku. Avangalukkum tamil theriyum, aana konjam kashta paduvaanga. I came here to help them get settled. Thambi-um vandhan. Everything finished. Naan varum podhu, uncle kooda vandhen. Return kku train ticket kedaikkala. Ungalukku yedhavadhu travels theriyuma.

Me : Don’t worry. Tickets vangidalaam. Ippo nee free-a.

Pooja : Free thaan, Evening varaikkum bore.

Me : Nee , enga veetukku vaayen , rendu perum saernthu evening travels la kelambalam.

Pooja : Wait, Let me ask uncle and will tell you. I will call you back in five minutes.

Rekha : Madam enna sonnaanga.

Me : Appa, naan innaikku night train la pola. Enakku travels bus la rendu ticket venum pa.

My dad had contacts with many travels. So I asked him.

Rajesh : Train la polaya. Rendu ticket-a ??? Appo Madam coimbatore la irukkangala.
My mum was excited.
Mum : Gautham ponnu inga irukkala. Veetukku koottitu varriya.

Me : Ila ma . Ava free-a illa.

My mother was disappointed. But I thought I would give her a surprise. Dad made a phone call to a travels run by his friend and got two tickets. I asked my brother to cancel my train ticket. Pooja called me and said that she was ready. I didn’t tell Mum and Dad that Pooja was coming home. I told Rajesh and Rekha. They were excited and informed Mum and Dad that we were going to get the bus ticket and cancel the train ticket.

We three went in our car and on the way we got the bus tickets. Pooja was waiting for us and I got a pleasant surprise, when I met her. She was very beautiful in a Half-saree. She introduced her family friend and I introduced my family. Rekha was very happy, when I introduced her, Rajesh whispered me, ‘Very good selection’. On our way home, Rekha asked what the special occasion was, as she was in a half-saree. She said that she went to a function with her uncle. When we reached home, my parents were surprised after seeing her. My mum was pleased and my dad gave me a meaningful look. When Pooja was busy talking with Rekha, My mum and dad came to me. Mum my hugged me and said that Pooja was very beautiful and she liked her very much. My dad said that he was happy for me and Pooja.

That was one of the happiest days in my life. Everybody in my family liked Pooja and she also felt happy. That day I felt, I was the luckiest man in the world. My mother gave a peck on her forehead when we left. All of my family came to drop us for the bus. She was silent for half an hour.

Pooja : Gautham, today I was the best day of my life. I like your family very much.

Gautham : They too like you Pooja and thanks for coming.

There were drops of tears in her eyes. She wiped it as quick as possible. She was too quiet and then fell asleep on my shoulders. I was so happy to see her asleep on my shoulders.

I informed my friends about the weekend after I returned. They were very happy for me. That week, my PM called me and congratulated me on the success of my module. He said that I have to goto Frankfurt for a period of 1 month for UAT support. I had no other options, because it was a new project and PM insisted me to go. Pooja was also disappointed that I have to go. She used to call me and sometimes she was silent. I tried many times to tell her my love, but I couldn’t. She came for my send-off to Frankfurt with my friends. My friends insisted to tell her atleast at the airport, but I didn’t.

The days in onsite were like ages. The time I spent with talking with her was the best moments. Then she went on for a 15 days vacation to Hyderabad. I couldn’t contact her. When I returned back, my friends received me and every time I asked about her, they changed the topic. I felt something was wrong. But my friends didn’t talk with me. I went to home for 3 day vacation and came back to office. When I came to my cubicle, I found Pooja’s cubicle was vacant and her system was also not there.

She didn’t give any numbers to contact. But I had her residential address. My college mate Sandeep was from Andhra and he was working in a company in Hyderabad. So I planned to go and stay in his room and go to her home with his help. When I said this plan to my friends, they said not go. I got angry and asked them what they were hiding from me.

Raj : When she went on vacation, she got engaged. She returned back to office after a week. She got transferred to Hyderabad. For some reason, she persuaded our PM not to inform you.

Ravi : She didn’t even stop to tell to us. Her marriage is in the next 20 days.

I was totally devastated. I always thought that she had feelings for me. But now I was totally wrong. First I thought of calling her the last time, but without her consent their parents would not have arranged the marriage. Her brothers was also loved her very much and they would not allow the marriage, if she had not approved it. So I dropped the plan. The days that came after that were like hell and I was not able to concentrate on my work. My family who were unaware of this always asked whether I told her my love or not. I didn’t have the courage to tell this to my parents. So I kept quiet and said that still I didn’t.

On one Friday Divya called me to a shop in our area. She had a card in her hand and I knew what it was. She gave me the invitation. I thanked her and tried to put up a smile.

Divya : Gautham, Pooja asked me not to say anything, but after seeing your state for a week , I am not able to hide anything.
Gautham : (Confused) What is that Divya.
Divya : Pooja loved you Gautham.
Gautham : What?? But why this Divya??

Divya : Gautham, within a week or two in the project she started to like you. She jumped with joy when she found that you had no girl friends. As you talked very little with girls, she was afraid that you might not respond her. She asked your friends whether you had any love failures in the college, because she doesn’t want her to be rejected by you. She became happier when she found out that you were just not interested in girls. Even though she learnt a little Tamil during her school days here, she started learning it fast and with more interest after she started liking you.

I remembered, that when I asked ‘when she started learning Tamil, she started something with ‘Proj’ and then changed it.

Divya : When her time with you on the phone increased , she celebrated. She gave sweets to most of friends in the hostel, the first day she sat on your bike. She didn’t sleep the night you picked her up, when she didn’t get a bus or auto to commute. She sometimes gathered her courage to tell you her love. But she didn’t. When she came to Coimbatore, she longed to come to your home. When you asked her to come to your home, she called me and she was jumping with joy. She didn’t have any function that day. She prayed, so that your family will like her. So she thought that half-saree would give a good impression after hearing about your family from you. When she returned from your home, she was very happy and practically prayed every god that you would marry her one day. When she went on vacation, her father informed that they had found her a groom for her, she told her parents that she loved you. But her father threatened that he would commit suicide and her mother begged her to accept this. She had no other way. She never want to face you, so she persuaded our PM by telling about her love for you and her sudden marriage. She persuaded our PM not to tell you. She made me promise to tell nothing about this. But I couldn’t. I am sorry.

By the time she finished, I was in tears. I thanked her and went back to my room. I told my friends about this and they tried to console me. As the project finished there was no work until the next project, so I went to my home applying leave for a week. I have never cried in my life. But after I went home, I found my mother and cried in her lap. I told my family the whole story. My father asked me her number or address, so that he can persuade their parents. But I refused. I spent 4 days in my home and couldn’t bear the distress in my family. So I returned to office. PM called me and he said that there was an onsite project and asked me to go, as a tech lead from onsite have returned offshore and is moving to another project. I accepted it. But I thought going there alone will give me more pain. Then 5 more people planned to return offshore. My friends along with 2 others were chosen.

<End of Flash Back>

A short span of time had turned my life upside down. Now I don’t know how am I going to face the place which brought me both happiness and ultimate distress in my life.

(to be continued...)

All the characters, incidents and situations are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.[/tscii:efe9ca52ff]

crazy
22nd March 2007, 10:04 PM
:( ............long post! :)

bingleguy
23rd March 2007, 07:56 AM
:Good goin ...... the way the PM introduces the team members to Gautam .... tht would definitely kindle thoughts in every Software Engineer ;-) the usual buildup given by them ;-)

Disclaimer poduradhai paatha ;-) nijamvaae nijama nadandhadhu maadiri illai irukku ;-)

Well Kaadhal :roll: hmn ......

jaycee
23rd March 2007, 09:59 AM
:D thanks bingle. aana kandippa nijam illa :( . disclaimer la potta maathiri fictional thaan :) :ty:

jaycee
26th March 2007, 01:55 PM
[tscii:211ce45a3f]Me and Deva caught another flight to Coimbatore to spend the vacation. My family is happy to see me after a long time. But I could see that my mum was so disturbed. My mum asked whether she can search a girl for me. But I refused and said ‘Not now ma. I am not ready for a marriage’.

I am afraid to goto the project or Chennai again. I cannot face the place or even the cubicle where Pooja sat. Over the past year, a branch had been started in Coimbatore itself. As the onsite project was over and I don’t have any immediate plans in the project, I called my PM and discussed about this. First he was reluctant to release me. But after I convinced him, he informed me that another PM of our ODC is now in Coimbatore and he needs a technical lead. But he said that he can release me only after the approval of account manager. He called me back the next day saying that I can goto Coimbatore after the knowledge transfer of the project details. I already gave the details to my friends. I explained this to my PM and that afternoon, he confirmed me saying that I can directly report in Coimbatore office. My family was pleased with the information. My friends who were most supportive during the last year also said that it will be better for me.

When I reached Coimbatore office after vacation, I started to check mails in my laptop. I was surprised to see a mail from Sandeep and he was now working in our company in Hyderabad. He wrote that he joined last month and he needs a help from me. He asked me to call him after seeing the mail. He has sent it during the day of my return from Frankfurt. When I was about to send him a reply, my PM came to me.

PM : Gautham, unnoda pudhu project innum 1 month la start aagidum. You have to do the role of both module lead and tech lead.

He introduced me to the team. To my relief there were more boys in the team. My friends told that I have become worse than earlier in the past 1 year. Talking to a girl, reminded me the days with pooja. After introduction was over, I was left alone with PM.

PM : Gautham, Hyderabad la oru project, nee offshore la lead panna project kku similar a irukku. They asked if you can come there for a couple of weeks and give them some ideas. It will be easy to clarify, instead of taking it thru mail and over phone. Please be ready for that. You have to travel in the weekend.

Hyderabad!!! Pooja will be in Hyderabad. I didn’t send a mail to her or received none from her in the last year. She may have resigned or may be not. After much thinking, I decided to go. So I confirmed my PM.

I replied to sandeep saying that I will be coming to Hyderabad officially for two weeks. Sandeep replied quickly asking me to come to the apartment instead of staying in the official guest house and repeated that he needed an important help from me. I accepted and asked about the details, but he said that it will be better to discuss personally.

That evening when I informed this to my dad, he said that he and Rajesh are going to Secunderabad in two days and will be there for a week. We agreed to meet there if time permits. I reached Hyderabad that weekend. But Sandeep’s roommate picked me up instead of him as he went to his native which was distant from Hyderabad.

Monday I went to the project and I briefly explained the architecture of the project I did. The day went uneventfully. I was afraid and also anticipated to see Pooja. I couldn’t see her in the campus. May be she has resigned, I thought. Anyway she is married and I should not disturb her. But much to my distress I saw Pooja along with a set of girls on Tuesday. She had not changed much and she was happy from what I saw her. She noticed me and then her face changed immediately and she quickly turned away. I sighed and left the place immediately. I decided that I should go and say a ‘Hi’, the next time I meet her. But Wednesday I couldn’t see her.

Me and Sandeep couldn’t talk much in the week as I was busy and he was too busy in his project till Wednesday. Thursday night we were free and when I asked what the help he needed from me was, the door bell rang. A youngster roughly at our age, with what seemed to be wedding invitations, entered and greeted Sandeep and his room mates. But I noted that Sandeep was frowning a little bit, clearly showing he was angry on him about something.

Sandeep : (In telugu) Santhosh, this is my college mate Gautham. (Turning to me) This is Santhosh, my friend from school.

Me : Hi.

Santhosh : Hello. Does he understand Telugu?

Sandeep : (reluctantly) Yes and he will speak very well.

He gave them his wedding invitation and invited them all. Then all of them continued in Telugu.

Santhosh : Hey , still you have not forgiven me.

Sandeep : It will take more time than you think.

Santhosh : Sorry da , but you know about the situation I was and my family. I had no other go. Please don’t keep this in mind and please attend my marriage.

Sandeep : Don’t worry I will. And you don’t forget mine. (Smiled a little).

Me : Congrats Santhosh. All the best. Sandeep, you didn’t tell me about your marriage.

Sandeep : (Frowned a little) Later.
Santhosh left after 5 mins.

Me : Hey, why didn’t you tell me you are about to be married. Santhosh came to give his wedding invitation; you should have been kind to him.

Sandeep : I am engaged to Sandhya. She is a friend of my school mate. I got introduced to her two years before. We got engaged last month and our marriage is within a month.

Me : Ok, but why are you angry towards him.

Sandeep : If you have the courage to love, then you should have the courage to tell your parents.

Me : (Smiling) Hey, this is not a film to give punch dialogues
But Sandeep’s expression didn’t change.

Sandeep : This guy was about to marry a year before. The girl whom he was supposed to marry is my fiancee’s best friend and their fathers are also close friends. It was an arranged marriage, but he was already in love with the girl he is going to marry now. From childhood he was afraid of his dad. So he didn’t tell his dad that he loved another girl. Nobody knew this, including me and our friends. Guess, when he told his dad?

Me : On the day of his marriage????

Sandeep : No, the day before his marriage. He should have done that earlier. He didn’t think of the girl and their family. His father was angry on him, but cancelled the marriage for good. He is now getting married to the girl he loved. Afterwards from Sandhya I came to know that her friend loved a guy already and she just accepted the marriage just because her parents threatened and compelled her. Even though it was good that marriage got cancelled and the girl now has a chance to marry the guy she loved, I am angry because, just think about the girl if she was really interested in that marriage.

Me : What happened next???

Sandeep : That girl’s brothers were not aware of her love. They were so angry on their father and mother when they heard about her love from Sandhya after the marriage was cancelled. Then their parents realized the mistake. Her family enquired the details of the guy she loved, but she refused to say.

(I thought that the girl was too foolish. Her parents had accepted her love and why was she reluctant in giving the details to them)

Me : Why didn’t she give the details?

Sandeep : Even though the guy was so close to her , the girl haven’t told her love to the guy. She was also afraid of what the guy would say now, as she agreed to marry another just because her parents compelled. The girl’s father hasn’t talked to her after the marriage was cancelled. He is feeling guilty. For the past 1 year Sandhya, the girl’s brothers and family are trying to convince her. But she is reluctant yet to give the details. Sandhya’s family also didn’t accept my love first, but the girl and her father convinced them. Her father convinced saying that he didn’t want his friend to repeat the same mistake he did.

Me : Ok, is the help you asked me anyway related to this.

Sandeep : Yes, I am coming to that . The girl is in our company. She was in Chennai before her marriage. Sandhya knew that she loved her module lead, only before our engagement. We were able to get only that much info from her. Sandhya once got that guy’s photo from the girl before that marriage. But she lost it. The girl never told his name to Sandhya even before that marriage was arranged, because she was afraid that Sandhya may slip out the details of the guy accidentally to her parents. I joined our company only 2 weeks before my engagement. Then the first person that came on my mind was you as you are in Chennai. I mailed you immediately. We have to get the guy’s details first. As the information is sensitive, I want your help. Me and Sandhya are trying to find that guy and if we are lucky we could succeed in uniting them. Here is the client for whom which the girl worked.
I saw that and I was shocked to see my project name in that.

Me : What is the girl’s name???

Sandeep : In the haste of giving you the background details , I forgot to tell her name. The girl’s name is Pooja.

(to be continued...)

All the characters, incidents and situations are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.[/tscii:211ce45a3f]

crazy
26th March 2007, 02:06 PM
:D

jaycee
28th March 2007, 06:14 PM
[tscii:b0994c2bf8]PART VI

(Pooja’s POV)

I saw Gautham after more than a year on Tuesday. My heart stopped for a moment after seeing him. How long is he in Hyderabad? Can’t be much I answered myself. That day I couldn’t concentrate on anything. I didn’t eat. When I agreed for the marriage, before a year and got transferred to Hyderabad, I was feeling the same, but much worse. I was indeed very happy that they guy Santhosh cancelled the marriage for his love.

I don’t know when I started loving him. But I loved him the most. I had always believed that I will never fall in love, dream about the guy all the times, do silly things as in the movies and sing duet with him in dreams. Everything changed after I met Gautham. He didn’t care about girls. But whenever I went near him to ask doubts during the initial days in the project, he clarified very clearly but with short replies.
Then I just enjoyed his presence. I celebrated the day I first sat in his two-wheeler. I knew about his family. Even though they were not an orthodox family, I went in a traditional half-saree to give them a good impression. They liked me very much. When I leaned against his shoulders, I felt he should be the one where I belong. But fate told me otherwise.

Just like any other girls family, my family compelled me for the marriage. I didn’t have another go. Gautham always thought me as a friend, I concluded. If he had loved me, he would have told as I know how he would be with girls. He would have never hesitated. I didn’t have the courage to tell him that I was going to marry another guy. I gave him my wedding invitation through Divya. I told Divya not to tell my love to Gautham. She promised me and said that she never would tell. Gautham didn’t contact me for marriage nor didn’t I get a reply from Divya. She told he was still onsite.

After the marriage was cancelled Divya asked me why not to tell my love to Gautham. But I refused. What he would tell? I was afraid that he would not love the girl who already accepted a marriage. I cannot bear those words from him. I explained divya about this. She told me that he was not that type of guy. But I convinced her not to tell the truth and told her I was not ready to face something dreadful again. I already had suffered a lot. She then moved to another project. I refused to give Gautham’s details to my family or to Sandhya. My parents realized after my brothers protested them knowing my love from Sandhya. My dad felt so guilty and hasn’t talked to me till this day. I tried to convince him, but he almost cried whenever I tried to convince him. I was able to convince my mother, but I found her twice atleast a week crying for about 2 or 3 months.

After seeing me, Gautam didn’t even try to talk to me. He should be angry on me to leave without a bye. He already neglected girls. He would never talk to me. I didn’t even receive a mail from him in the past 1 year. Wednesday, I didn’t go in the regular lunch time. Thursday, I saw him, but I hid from him before he could see me.

Friday was a long day in office. When I returned home from office, I noticed that my family was in a happy mood. I felt it easily. In the past 1 year, only last three or four months were better. They all recovered. My younger brother didn’t come home often as he used to do in previous years. He had started the final year and gave excuses that he had more work. Environment was different in home. Younger brother called me and talked to me for a long time. Something has occurred, I thought.

My mother was too happy about something. The following week I saw Gautham many a times in the campus and saw him often. But I didn’t give him a chance to see me. He was happy. He hasn’t been affected my absence and also hasn’t been delighted to see me after a long time, I thought. He seemed unaffected. In the week, that santhosh guy gave me his wedding invitation. Sandhya and her fiancee Sandeep came with him to our home as he was Sandeep’s friend. I thought my family will not allow him home. But they greeted him and I wished him all the best. He apologized to me and my family. But my father said that it was better that marriage was stopped. The week then passed uneventfully. But I couldn’t see Gautham in the next week that followed.
That Wednesday, after dinner my father talked to me.

Dad : Pooja, come here ma.

I was totally surprised. I ran and hugged my father. He was talking to me after a long time. I looked at him. He was happy but had tears.

Dad : We all are going to a function to Coimbatore this Friday. Can you apply leave for three days in the next week?

Pooja : (I wondered what the function was?) Ok daddy. I will get leave.

Dad : Please prepare yourselves ma. Take enough clothes you need.

Pooja : ( I smiled) Ok daddy.

My mum hugged me and said she was happy that finally my dad had talked to me. I was thoughtful about the turn of events. Gautham was in Hyderabad for 2 weeks. After a week we are going to a function for Coimbatore. Can this be anyway connected to Gautham? No, nobody knew him in the family. Even Sandhya saw only his photo and once, after the fiasco last year she told me she lost the photo and asked me for another copy. But I didn’t give her. So this has nothing to do with Gautham, I consoled myself. But I know I was disappointed.

I got leave from my PM. My family was in a very celebrating mood. But I could not guess any other reason. Can it be anyway connected to Gautham? No it is impossible, I answered myself. If I am lucky, I could meet Gautham’s family for once. On that Friday, my brother even applied leave and said that he should prepare a lot to leave.

We reached Coimbatore in 2 hours in flight. My younger brother came to Airport for pick up. He and My parents left together saying that they are directly going to the function. My brother and sister-in-law came with me and we stayed in a hotel. I was deeply confused. Why did my parents left somewhere else? Is there something going in the background without my knowledge? But my brother and sister-in-law said it was nothing when I asked them and said that we will be leaving early in the morning. The next day we got ready early in the morning. My dad’s friend who was in customs came to pick us. After 10 minutes I got a feeling that the car was in a place that I already have been. I realized that the exact place only when the car slowed down and entered a house. Oh! No.

It is Gautham’s house. How could I forget the house where I wished I could be? It was in a festival mood with decorations. I could easily recognize some of the people standing at the doorsteps of the house even when I am half-asleep. Gautham’s mother, sister-in-law and my mother stood outside. My dad’s friend stopped the car just in front of them. Gautham’s mother and Rekha greeted me with ‘aarathi’. After giving that plate to Rekha, Gautham’s mom hugged me and gave a peck on my forehead. When I went inside, I saw my dad speaking with Gautham’s dad. My elder brother joined the conversation that my younger brother and Rajesh were having with a hello to Rajesh. Everybody was happy.

Gautham’s father welcomed me and escorted me to an old couple who were sitting on the couch. They are Gautham’s grandparents. They blessed me after Gautham’s father introduced me as Pooja. I then noticed a few of my close relatives were also there. Few guys, who might be of Rajesh age, along with their wives were also seated. My heart raced up. Where is Gautham? Is this function between me and Gautham? I thought of turning back and running as fast as I can and as far as I can. But I couldn’t move. I was in a mixture of emotions.

Suddenly, a voice shouted ‘Dei Gautham, un aalu vandhachu da’ and it was followed by an uproar of Ho’s and whistles. Tears flew down when I heard that and I was shivering. I didn’t know what do. I would have fainted before somebody caught my shoulder. My mother, Gautham’s mother, Rekha and my sister-in-law escorted me to a room. I ate without knowing whatever I ate. With a blur of events I found myself dressed in a saree and was being decorated by the four elder women. I gave me a pinch when I thought I was dreaming. But it proved nothing was a dream. Rekha and my sister-in-law told me that it was not a dream in different languages and laughed. Then my mother and Gautham’s mother each hugged me with tears in their eyes. They four escorted me again and I was in front of my father and Gautham’s father. I bowed to his feet. He blessed me and just smiled. I then bowed to my father. He caught me before I completely bowed to his feet and hugged me.

Dad : I am very happy for you ma. Long live dear. (Turned to Gautham’s father and continued in Telugu greeting him with his hands in a worshipping manner) Thanks bhava. Thanks for accepting my daughter.

Gautham’s Dad : (He immediately caught my father’s hand) Please don’t say that. We have to thank you. You are giving your daughter. (Turned to me) Pooja, Gautham told us that he loved you, the day you came here. I was happy that my son fell in love with such a beautiful girl. But when you spent the day with us, you proved that only you should be his wife. I am happy that is going to become true. My wife is the happiest one on the earth today. You have made us happier dear.

I couldn’t express anything. I just stood still. Then Rekha and my sister-in-law escorted me to another room, which when I looked had only a group of guys other than us. They chorused again. If it was any other situation any girl would have laughed or atleast given a smile. But I didn’t know what to do. Then all the guys left laughing and my both the elder girls also left me. I then noticed him. Gautham stood there. I saw him and immediately tears started flooding down my cheeks. Despite the distance between us, he caught me in a very few giant steps and hugged me. Then I couldn’t stop myself. I threw my arms over him, laid my head over his heart and cried. He held me in his arms till I stopped crying.

He caught my face in both his hands and said ‘I love you’ looking straight at my eyes. I both laughed and cried at the same time and leaned against his chest again.

Me : I love you.

Gautham : Pooja, I want to tell you that I was in love with you before I went onsite. But I didn’t have the courage to tell you. I was afraid that you will not accept it. I was devastated when I came back to offshore and heard that you were getting married. Then Divya told me that you too loved me, but long before I started to love you. But I couldn’t do anything at that time.

I raised my head and looked at him. Then again leaned against him.

Gautham : Yes, she told me all that happened in that hostel when she gave me the invitation. I just got that invitation from Divya. But I never looked at it. I don’t know even the guys name. Then I went to onsite for a year with Deva, Raj and Ravi. I couldn’t bear to see even the cubicle, where you sat. So I left. But Divya didn’t tell me that your marriage was cancelled.

Me : How did you know then? How did you talk to my parents? How all these happened? I saw you in the Hyderabad campus. But how did you know that the marriage was cancelled?

Gautham : (Smiled) Any guess?

Me : Sandhya only have seen your photo. Did she meet you?

Gautham : No. It was because you didn’t know certain details from her.

Me : (confused) What details?

Gautham : Sandeep is my class mate in college.

Me : (Shocked) I didn’t know that. She told me about her love only before the marriage. So I didn’t ask about the details.

Gautham : Good. That has helped us. You could have got transferred to some other branch, had you known that Sandeep was my college mate. When I came back from onsite he sent me a mail asking an important help. I came to Hyderabad because there was a similar project and they wanted to help me in that. So I stayed in Sandeep’s apartment. He explained all the details after that Santhosh gave his wedding invitation. It happened on Thursday of the week when we both saw each other in the campus. When he mentioned our project name and your name I nearly had a heart-attack. Then I went to Sandhya’s house with him for dinner. She immediately recognized me. On Friday I came to your house with Sandhya, Sandeep, Rajesh and my father.

Me : Rajesh and your father. How come?

Gautham : They were on a business purpose to Secunderabad. Your parents and your elder brother were very happy that day.

Me : ( In a pure tone of surprise). You have arranged all these in 3 weeks.

Gautham : (Smiled) Yes. Your parents and sister-in-law went shopping that week and informed your close relatives.

Me : Gautham, I love you a lot. But the day you brought me here, I just want to stay with you and family forever. Can you shift to Coimbatore so that we can stay here, with family?

Gautham : That’s not necessary as I got transferred already. You have to get your transfer now.

Me : (Smiled) No Gautham, I don’t want to work.

Gautham : Then just put your papers.

Me : The first thing I will do after going to Hyderabad.

I stayed close to him until Rekha and my sister-in-law came to escort me to our engagement.

The End

All the characters, incidents and situations are entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events, or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.[/tscii:b0994c2bf8]