PDA

View Full Version : KP--The new era begins.

Jabroni
14th March 2007, 07:34 PM
KP might not be as stylish as Lara or Martyn or M Waugh, but is very tide in his technique. I can't think of a batsman who made McGrath and Warne look stupid. In a short time in international arena, he's earned himself a reputation. KP's 158 in the final test in ashes in 2005 and in the second match were master-class. People may not like him but must admit he's the next big thing.

Jabroni
14th March 2007, 07:35 PM
England has an outside chance in the WC. Team success runs parallel with KP.

Raghu
14th March 2007, 07:46 PM
ahaa NakeeRare u got ur self a new buddy :lol:

Jabroni
14th March 2007, 07:58 PM
:?

raaja_rasigan
14th March 2007, 08:01 PM
KP might not be as stylish as Lara or Martyn or M Waugh, but is very tide in his technique. I can't think of a batsman who made McGrath and Warne look stupid. In a short time in international arena, he's earned himself a reputation. KP's 158 in the final test in ashes in 2005 and in the second match were master-class. People may not like him but must admit he's the next big thing.

shewag is also praised like this....... but now :?:

Raghu
14th March 2007, 09:31 PM

Shewag :shock:, is that a joke? or r u being serious?

Jabroni
15th March 2007, 12:44 AM

sehwag has a bad technique. KP's technique is very good. His stance is a bit odd, but when he makes contact with the bat, his stance is as good as anyones. KP outwitted Warne, McGrath and everyone who bowled to him. Only asif caused any difficulty. home and away, KP was dominant.

sehwag was never praised like this. he scores few single digits scores and score one big hundred so the selectors could not drop him and he kept his reputation intact.

show me if sehwag scoring consitently against Australians?. i believe he has two hundreds against them which came in games in which Warne or Mcgrath or both were absent
sehwag's records reveal he is so good in first innings and awful in second innings of a match. he never performed consitently against any oppoisition, let alone Australians.

I'm not praising KP because he had success thus far, but doing because the way he played Mcgrath and Warne was out of the world. which batsman in test comes down the wicket to Mcgrath? he just made Mcgrath look like a mere medium pacer. KP slipping while coming down the wicke to mcgrath in the first ODI is a different issue. so don't come back with that.

In the second test, Warne, who otherwise sets offensive field to every batsman, went to defensive mood and bowled round the wicket. on the last day of second ashes, he Warne dismissed him and the celebration says how big a wicket KP is.

KP is also mentally tough. usually Australians give stick to opposition. Only Lara, sarwan and a few others responded to their sledging and still talked with the bat. watched ashes to have an idea of how much stick they gave to KP. KP did not just absorb it, he also gave it back when Warne threw the ball over the head of KP to Gilly.

long post :oops: late to bed bye. will reply tomorrow

Jabroni
16th March 2007, 09:46 PM
a fifty for KP on WC debut :clap:

make that a hundred.