PDA

View Full Version : Varalaaru By ARRahman - Vairamuthu - KS Ravikumar

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

baba88
7th June 2006, 04:37 PM
Very Good News !

I read in ARR Group that the movie is going to release on friday the 9th. KS Ravikumar said this news in a latest Interview. So you will have to wait only two more days !

baba88
7th June 2006, 04:46 PM
Very Good News !

I read in ARR Group that the movie is going to release on friday the 9th. KS Ravikumar said this news in a latest Interview. So you will have to wait only two more days !

A.ANAND
7th June 2006, 06:45 PM
Very Good News !

I read in ARR Group that the movie is going to release on friday the 9th. KS Ravikumar said this news in a latest Interview. So you will have to wait only two more days !Neenga than sollaringga ennum 2nalla padam release innu,anaa entha vilambaramum innum illanga sir

A.ANAND
12th June 2006, 12:15 PM
rajini praises k.s ravikumar after waching g.f movie preview .souce www.dinakaran.com

selvakumar
12th June 2006, 02:48 PM
rajini praises k.s ravikumar after waching g.f movie preview .souce www.dinakaran.com

Hey ! Where is the exact link yaar. ! I searched thru the site completely.. couldn't get.. Please give us more deatils on the same :D

sad
12th June 2006, 03:27 PM
GF preview for rajini

http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/jun/11/disp.asp?i=10_1

selvakumar
12th June 2006, 04:40 PM
GF preview for rajini

http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/jun/11/disp.asp?i=10_1

:clap:

Seekiram Varattum SARAVEDIYAAI, ATHIRVETTU SATHATHUDAN !

eppa vanthaalum Kalakura Rocket idu ! :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
12th June 2006, 05:53 PM
when IS the movie relesing btw???

VENKIRAJA
12th June 2006, 06:19 PM
surely within this month

mani234
12th June 2006, 06:39 PM
THALAIVAR rajini has PRAISED!!!!!!WOOWOWOW cant wait to watch thala ajith rocking the roles!!!

rayan36
13th June 2006, 03:36 PM
The songs particularly Kama Kama & Innisai slowly making waves in radio stations in Malaysia, all the songs will CB after the release of GF movie :thumbsup:

lancelot
13th June 2006, 05:43 PM
i'v lost hope. i cant wait no more. i loved the album. for me that it.

hehe
:D

A.ANAND
14th June 2006, 06:49 AM
TAMIL NADU "la irukara namma tfmpage member yaravathu k.s.r office ikku oru call panni film eppa release agunnu konjam kettu sollungappa!!! :o

dinesh2002
14th June 2006, 04:16 PM
" June.... Aanal naan intha June'nu Sollevillai"

:lol: this is what u will get from KSR :P

A.ANAND
14th June 2006, 05:29 PM
" June.... Aanal naan intha June'nu Sollevillai"

:lol: this is what u will get from KSR :Pproduserukkum herovukkum nadakara kummipudi sandayila namma alu thalaiyilla uluvuthu,intha kathaiya ennga solli aluvurathu :hammer: :rotfl: :cry: :cry:

dinesh2002
20th June 2006, 03:20 PM
Godfather fast approaching

Godfather, the most expected movie of Kollywood is all set to be released worldwide soon. Music scored by A.R Rehman has been declared a hit already and there is a huge craze for the songs among the youth. Ajith with his youthful style and charm is going to be rocking the Tamil dome this year. Ajith for the first time is acting in 3 different characters, one of which has been kept as a secret by the team. Ajith is pairing with the young beauty queen Asin. Among the others in the cast is Kanika. National award winner PC Sreeram is handling photography. Story screenplay and direction are handled by KS Ravikumar

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/4449/news/godfather.html

selvakumar
20th June 2006, 07:13 PM

Godfather, the most expected movie of Kollywood is all set to be released worldwide soon. Music scored by A.R Rehman has been declared a hit already and there is a huge craze for the songs among the youth. Ajith with his youthful style and charm is going to be rocking the Tamil dome this year. Ajith for the first time is acting in 3 different characters, one of which has been kept as a secret by the team. Ajith is pairing with the young beauty queen Asin. Among the others in the cast is Kanika. National award winner PC Sreeram is handling photography. Story screenplay and direction are handled by KS Ravikumar

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/4449/news/godfather.html

10000.... :clap: @ dinesh :D

rashid2raj
20th June 2006, 07:22 PM

Appadaa.. Ippo avadhu puryumaa.. ?? :poke: There is a huge craze for the songs among the youth.. Guys, jus wait till movie releases..

THX. Dinesh :clap:

dinesh2002
20th June 2006, 08:27 PM
I think u guys should thank Galatta for FINALY telling some facts... hehe :lol: usually they give news against ARR...its a relief to see them give this news about GF....wonder when is the movie gonna ACTUALLY release!!! :P

rsubras
20th June 2006, 09:16 PM
dinesh,

galatta sollithan naama ARR songs super nu prove pananuma enna...

they will tell the same dialog 'songs are hit' for each and every movie they are giving a preview on.........

Ramakrishna
20th June 2006, 11:03 PM
JILLENDRU ORU KAADHAL CD/AUDIO CASSETTE COVER!

http://tamilbeat.com/images/jokk4.jpg

http://tamilbeat.com/images/jokk3.jpg

:clap:

How did i post it here :? :oops:

Dragun
20th June 2006, 11:13 PM
Those are just publicity shots that have been around for a while.

dinesh2002
22nd June 2006, 04:40 PM
[tscii:f760129d66]`Godfather ready. But…`

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 21 June , 2006, 10:17

K.S.Ravikumar’s Godfather with Ajit in triple role has been in the news for all the wrong reasons. There have been many SMS jokes making the rounds on the film.
A smiling, cool and composed Ravikumar says: “The entire film is over. I had a special screening of Godfather for superstar Rajnikanth, in my home theatre. Rajni sir congratulated me after he saw the entire film and said that it was a racy entertainer”.

Ravikumar says the double-positive of the film is ready and it will take him just five days for the first copy to be ready. Says Ravikumar: “Let producer Nic Arts Chakravarthy and his financier Mahendra Singh Jain sort out their financial problems ...then the film will hit the screens”.

That precisely is the problem. Financial hassles involving producer and his financiers which has been hanging on fire for months. Added to that Chakravarthy’s one time close buddy Ajit is no longer in talking terms with him.

Mahendra Singh Jain the financier is the savior of Godfather but unfortunately his money is blocked in two other films Kaja Moideen’s Perarasu and Vetayadu Vilayadu. The bone of contention is that 7th Channel Narayanan who took over Vetayadu Vilayadu from Moideen refuses to settle Jain’s money. Narayanan says that it is highly inflated amount as Kaja’s had told him that he owes Jain very little money!

So in a way, Perarasu, Vetayadu Vilayadu and Godfather are all interlinked and unless one of them makes it to the theatres, the other two will never see the light of the day! Meanwhile Jain himself is producing a film along with Gautham Menon Silanthi, the Sarathkumar-Jyothika starrer which distributors are refusing to touch!

What a merry-go-round!

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14232129[/tscii:f760129d66]

VENKIRAJA
22nd June 2006, 08:48 PM
which song is the best in gf?
post replies in vote for top 10 songs in the hub (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/charts.php?action=all_list)!

rashid2raj
22nd June 2006, 09:26 PM
which song is the best in gf?
post replies in vote for top 10 songs in the hub!

That's a tough one.. mmh.. my pick: Innisai Alapadayee.. :thumbsup:

rayan36
23rd June 2006, 07:10 AM
:thumbsup: theeyil vizhuntha theyna :thumbsup:

Scale
23rd June 2006, 10:08 AM
I never knew this chart exists :roll: Thanks Venki.

My pick is kaatril :thumbsup: for its bful rendition from Sadhana ^ SPB. semma duetu..

Ramakrishna
23rd June 2006, 12:21 PM
Ilamai :thumbsup:

selvakumar
23rd June 2006, 12:22 PM
I never knew this chart exists :roll: Thanks Venki.

My pick is kaatril :thumbsup: for its bful rendition from Sadhana ^ SPB. semma duetu..

:shock: Scale, I thought that you people might have voted already. Anyway.. ippavvvavathu kandupudichi vote panniteengalae :thumbsup:

BTW, I think the option looks quite weird.. HOT OR NOT HOT :oops:

ajithfederer
30th June 2006, 12:46 AM
Ilamai remix -------- supero super........

Innisai Alabadai -------- Ngokka makka Class......

Theeyil Vizhundha ------- Touching........

rayan36
30th June 2006, 09:51 AM

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
1st July 2006, 03:07 AM
Nandri :notworthy:

:thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
1st July 2006, 01:34 PM
what happened to GODFATHER movie???its been 6 months the audio released!!!!!!!!!!

selvakumar
1st July 2006, 01:51 PM
what happened to GODFATHER movie???its been 6 months the audio released!!!!!!!!!!

The financier who financed the movie has also invested his money in other projects like VV and other things.

coz of VV delay and GF delay, things are not moving as expected for him.
NOw everyone is trying to release GF so that VV can release and the other movies can follow.

It is like a DEADLOCK !

Meanwhile, some sources are saying that GF is coming on July 14.. NOt confirmed yet ! :cry:

dinesh2002
1st July 2006, 01:58 PM
but selva,according to all the websites,VV is already gonna release....by end of July,VV would already be released!! what about GF??
:(

selvakumar
1st July 2006, 02:28 PM
but selva,according to all the websites,VV is already gonna release....by end of July,VV would already be released!! what about GF??

Dinesh.. I don't think so.. For VV to be released at the end of July, Perarasu should be released on July 1st. I don't think it ll happne (Thanks to NJV).
I am afraid whether VV release date is true or not. But GF has more possibility of hitting the silver screen in this month. :D

dinesh2002
1st July 2006, 02:41 PM

Dinesh.. I don't think so.. For VV to be released at the end of July, Perarasu should be released on July 1st. I don't think it ll happne (Thanks to NJV).
I am afraid whether VV release date is true or not. But GF has more possibility of hitting the silver screen in this month. :D

:clap: thanks for that comforting answer...i hope it will release by this month!!!!!! :D :D :D

muzammil_fr
1st July 2006, 10:55 PM
ya selva, i never wait like this in my life, how long delay, congrat Tamil people to make delay :(

MADDY
2nd July 2006, 02:49 AM
Meanwhile, some sources are saying that GF is coming on July 14.. NOt confirmed yet ! :cry:

my frnd who is a member of ajith rasigar mandram in Nanganallur,chennai told me that GF will be releasing by july 14th......he also confirmed that for me by verifying with other rasigar mandrams across chennai......it seems they got the news from someone close to Ajith......

but, i guess we have seen so much of such stupidity to believe these things now......i dunno y fate is playing like this in a very crucial film for both these amazing artistes(ARR and Ajith).....

dinesh2002
2nd July 2006, 11:29 AM
wow...hope its soooo true!!! :D

selvakumar
3rd July 2006, 07:41 PM

No more hope ! IT IS GONNA COME.. CONFIRMED 99% :D :P
But at the same time, Let me wait for the advertisement in the newspapers

Maddy :D Thanks a lot for the update :notworthy:

dinesh2002
3rd July 2006, 08:34 PM

:clap: selva,ungge vaiyille sakarai than podunum!!! :D

rayan36
4th July 2006, 02:07 PM

Then it's gonna be 100% :wink:

selvakumar
5th July 2006, 09:06 AM

:clap: selva,ungge vaiyille sakarai than podunum!!! :D

Already I had enough SWEET in the form of Ilamai, Innisai, Kaatril and THEEYIL VIZHUNTHA..:D :wink:

After a long time, We (ajithfans) have got a youthful album in a thala movie.
It would be better if Thala prefers ARR for his future projects :D :sad: Pretty sad that he is not voicing his concerns on the MD and gives too much freedom for the director to choose the MD.

ILamai itself is enough to rock the FDFS ! Expecting the thrill ! :D

rashid2raj
5th July 2006, 02:16 PM
YAA, true selva Ajith should try do more movies with YSR, ARR, Harris Jayaraj i think. It will help him a bit more i think..

Dragun
6th July 2006, 12:11 AM
It would be better if Thala prefers ARR for his future projects :D :sad: Pretty sad that he is not voicing his concerns on the MD and gives too much freedom for the director to choose the MD.:D

Not even Kamal Hassan tries to get IR for every film he acts in. That's up to the director. But for his own directorial projects he chooses IR.

I don't think ARR would be right for most Ajith films anyways. Deva, Vidysagar, etc. are enough. He's like Vijay in this regard.

selvakumar
6th July 2006, 09:25 AM
It would be better if Thala prefers ARR for his future projects :D :sad: Pretty sad that he is not voicing his concerns on the MD and gives too much freedom for the director to choose the MD.:D

I don't think ARR would be right for most Ajith films anyways. Deva, Vidysagar, etc. are enough. He's like Vijay in this regard.

BTW, IT lot more depends on the director and ofcourse it should be fine with *one of the fine actors* of Tamil cinema.. Even GODFATHER is also a typical Ajith film which is a commercial film rather than a * crap masala * Hope you got it ! :wink:

MADDY
6th July 2006, 10:30 AM
Not even Kamal Hassan tries to get IR for every film he acts in

but one thing is for sure, he tries to remove ARR for every film he acts in......... :lol: ......

ajithfederer
7th July 2006, 12:17 AM
GF IS NOT IN JULY :cry:

baba88
7th July 2006, 01:05 AM
Hahaha

First it should have been Godfather vs. Chandramukhi, Anniyan
Now it is Godfather vs. Sivaji

Nic Arts should stop producing movies. He has no talent for this.

dinesh2002
7th July 2006, 02:58 PM

WHAT????????????????????????????????????? :shock:

ajithfederer
7th July 2006, 07:54 PM
Yeah One ajithfans group Mod told me :cry: :cry:

WHAT????????????????????????????????????? :shock:

dinesh2002
7th July 2006, 08:24 PM
omgoodness........whats going on....im so dissapointed........ :shock:

Dragun
7th July 2006, 11:33 PM
Godfather will become Grandfather at this point :(

dinesh2002
8th July 2006, 03:26 PM
how come the sudden change ??? a few days ago it was suppose to be released on JULY 15 and now its not in JULY,and the source for both this news came from the same source....could anyone,please,get a correct date for us.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

music man
9th July 2006, 07:57 AM
Hey guys!! I think I had never waited like this for a movie.All just for ARR's work. Why they r delaying its release? Only god knows. If it goes this way,they will release the movie straight in satellite channels for whooping rates.Hope it hits the theatres soon.

dinesh2002
24th July 2006, 03:20 PM
[tscii:62e5518738]so untrue about Godfather Audio : :evil:

Audio market-All time low!

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 24 July , 2006, 09:29

Today Tamil hit film audios are not able to sell more than 10,000 audios while in most cases it does not even touch the 1000 mark! Why?
The reason given out by audio companies is rampant piracy, MP3 and free downloads. Their favourite question – “Then who will buy the audio priced between Rs 45 to 50?”

Earlier audios used to release a month before the film’s theatrical release. Today even after one year after the audio releases, the film does not make it to the theatres, which means people lose interest in the songs.

Godfather audio was released about six months back and the film is yet to be released! It is one of A.R.Rahman’s biggest disasters as nobody is even interested to download the music of the film!

Harris Jayaraj’s Vetayadu Vilayadu topped the charts but the music has now become stale and is no longer selling. Similarly Yuvan’s Vallavan started with a bang, but the delay in release of the film will affect audio sales which are heading for the dustbin.

At the same time take the case of Sabesh Murali’s Imsai Arasan 23 am Pulikesi audio which was released to lukewarm response but now the sales have picked up as the film released almost simultaneously and everyone is singing the Manicka Vinayagam song “Aadiva Padivaa….” Now the audio like the film is at number one slot!

Moral of the story- Release the film at least a month after the audio release, so that the music can grow on the audience who are today more visually attracted to a song than ever before.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14255448

i think its one of the most downloaded mp3 online....knowing they show the hits of the pages in all the download websites...what kinda crp can sify bring up next bout ARR???!!! :x [/tscii:62e5518738]

rayan36
28th July 2006, 11:16 AM
Godfather may soon see daylight!! July 27, 2006

It has been a disturbing trend in the industry off late that many movies which have almost completed shooting and post production works are lying in the cans unable to see the light of day due to financial problems of a few lakhs.

The industry has noticed this and a new council has been set up to look into this issue and sort it out. The council has reportedly expressed regret at the fact that movies that are worth crores are lying locked up due to a shortage of few lakhs.

So the council has decided that it is time to step in and give a chance for the films to be released. The help from the council set up may come in the financial form or otherwise.

The first of the films to benefit from this is likely to be Ajith Kumar's 'Godfather'. It has kept all Ajith fans guessing for quite some time now and it seems that the wait is finally coming to an end.

It is going to a much-needed release for Ajith who is suffering from the worst patch ever in his career, also director K.S.Ravikumar is in search of a hit for himself.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-06-04/27-07-06-ajith.html

:frightened: :frightened: :frightened:

A.ANAND
29th July 2006, 06:13 PM
finally vetaiyadu vilayadu and godfather will hit screen on 11 august :yes: :yes: source,indiaglitz.com

rayan36
11th August 2006, 11:00 AM
MaYBe NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Godfather again a 'Thala Deepavali' - Monday, July 31, 2006 at 12:36
Godfather again a 'Thala Deepavali':

After many many hurdles mainly because of finance troubles, The very much awaited film of Ajit directed by K.S Ravikumar 'Godfather'' is likely to release on Deepavali day in november. We all awared about the new producers council who decided to look about films who had such financial problems like 'Godfather' or 'Vetaiyadu Vilayadu', and they came to help producers to release their films as soon as possible, the 11th August date is also fixed to the releases. Discussions are going on but producer of 'Godfather' S.S Chakravarthy is not interest to release this film now. Only distributors and financers could change his mind by making some pressure on him. Anyway August or Deepavali, no matter!!! the main thing is that Godfather MUST BE RELEASED !

http://www.ajithfans.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=954

dinesh2002
11th August 2006, 02:54 PM
ask the producer to keep the movie in his *** :x .....he is really an irritating man....wonder y these kinda pain in the *** becomes a producer!!!! :roll:

selvakumar
11th August 2006, 05:05 PM
ask the producer to keep the movie in his *** :x .....he is really an irritating man....wonder y these kinda pain in the *** becomes a producer!!!! :roll:

This is mainly because of his fear or a bit of insecurity with which he is moving nowadays. !
He had done all the damage to ensure that he will run into troubles. First it was with Ajith and his callsheet. Then it was with the producer council. Then again with the producer council. Thenwith the theatre owners.
Then ultimately the budget ! to which he is not quite used to !
That is the reason why he has now come up with more prints (more than 300 prints :D ) so that he can get the initial edge which will act as a breaking point for him as well as for the movie !
But I think he should not worry about everything. If he is much interested in finding the suitable time, he can better declare that rather than eating everyone's expectation.

No matter This movie will take a monsterous opening ! I bet ! I have seen this for every breaking point movie !
Since all the people are having an eye on this CAKE, I am sure they wil be curious to eat it as early as possible !

rayan36
12th August 2006, 08:26 AM
This is mainly because of his fear or a bit of insecurity with which he is moving nowadays. !
He had done all the damage to ensure that he will run into troubles. First it was with Ajith and his callsheet. Then it was with the producer council. Then again with the producer council. Thenwith the theatre owners.
Then ultimately the budget ! to which he is not quite used to !
That is the reason why he has now come up with more prints (more than 300 prints :D ) so that he can get the initial edge which will act as a breaking point for him as well as for the movie !
But I think he should not worry about everything. If he is much interested in finding the suitable time, he can better declare that rather than eating everyone's expectation.

No matter This movie will take a monsterous opening ! I bet ! I have seen this for every breaking point movie !
Since all the people are having an eye on this CAKE, I am sure they wil be curious to eat it as early as possible !

Don't worry guys it will :wink: 'cause 2006 not yet create a BO compared to last year.Ppl r craving for a good movie (with gr8 music of course :wink: ).with the movie releasing on deepavali for sure it's gonna rock .......Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali 8-)

villan007
13th August 2006, 09:34 AM
Don't worry guys it will :wink: 'cause 2006 not yet create a BO compared to last year.Ppl r craving for a good movie (with gr8 music of course :wink: ).with the movie releasing on deepavali for sure it's gonna rock .......Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali 8-)

:thumbsup:

ALWAR_AJITH
28th August 2006, 05:04 PM
PLS VOTE FOR GF AND SOK SONGS GUYSZ>>>

http://www.oli.sg/top10songs.htm

http://thr.fm/05/@raaga/chart/default.asp

dinesh2002
29th August 2006, 04:35 PM
[tscii:8779ca1259]for once,im hoping this news happens...!!!

`Godfather` for Diwali!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 29 August , 2006, 12:22

Finally Ajit’s Godfather is getting ready for a Diwali release worldwide (Oct 21). Mahendra Singh Jain who has been embroiled in a messy deal with Kaja Moideen has been settled after the Vetayadu Vilayadu imbroglio was sorted out.
Jain acts as Nic Arts Chakravarthy’s financier and industry sources say that he has enough cash to sort out all problems relating to Godfather. So the Ajit starrer will definitely see the light of the day as Diwali crackers start bursting.

Godfather joins the Vallavan, Sivapathigaram, Vattaram, Dharmapuri, Rendu to sparkle for this Diwali.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14279513[/tscii:8779ca1259]

dinesh2002
15th September 2006, 04:11 PM
[tscii:8ad4e19b4a]`Godfather` is `Varalaaru`!

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 15 September , 2006, 15:46

The title of Ajit’s Godfather has been changed to “Varalaaru-The story of Godfather”.
This means Varalaaru will now get entertainment tax benefit from state government. Meanwhile the film in which Ajit dons triple role is scheduled for release on October 21, Diwali day.

The trade says Varalaaru will be the Diwali biggie. The producers Council and distributors association have assured the theatres that the film will see the light of the day. What is comforting is that Vetayadu Vilayadu and Perarasu, which were also embroiled in financial problems have released. And next in the queue is Varalaaru.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14291278[/tscii:8ad4e19b4a]

dinesh2002
15th September 2006, 04:13 PM
[tscii:7cd0ce40bc]God Father turned Varalaaru

September 15, 2006
Ultimate star’s most awaited venture God Father has been renamed as Varalaaru. The fizzy artist Asin is playing the female lead role in this movie. This movie directed by K.S.Ravi Kumar is scheduled for Deepavali. In Varalaaru Ajith is playing three different roles. This movie is produced by S.S.Chakravarthy and the music for the movie is scored by A.R.Rahman.
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/5919/news/varalaaru.html[/tscii:7cd0ce40bc]

selvakumar
15th September 2006, 06:06 PM
GODFATHER is one of the class titles ! :(
Pity that they have changed the title !

Lot of updates in TF over the movie that we might see the AD in the local newspapers on sunday ! Let us wait !

Ramakrishna
15th September 2006, 08:27 PM
No matter what the title is, the movie is gonna rock the world. The songs are world class. In this one, all the songs are great unlike Sok.

A.ANAND
15th September 2006, 08:39 PM
VARUSA KANAKKA ILLUTHADICHATHANALA 'VARALARU'INNU PERU VANTHATHU ROMBA PORUTHAM :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
15th September 2006, 09:18 PM
No matter what the title is, the movie is gonna rock the world. The songs are world class. In this one, all the songs are great unlike Sok.

SOK is better in some way.... after getting my self in Munbe Va, Kaatril song sounds very odinary compared to Munbe Va,gosh, what a song man!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

the only thing i remember from GF...opps...i mean VARALARU is Deepavali & Innisai........ 8-)

dinesh2002
15th September 2006, 09:23 PM
VARUSA KANAKKA ILLUTHADICHATHANALA 'VARALARU'INNU PERU VANTHATHU ROMBA PORUTHAM :lol: :lol:

Good 1! :lol:

Ramakrishna
15th September 2006, 09:27 PM

SOK is better in some way.... after getting my self in Munbe Va, Kaatril song sounds very odinary compared to Munbe Va,gosh, what a song man!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

the only thing i remember from GF...opps...i mean VARALARU is Deepavali & Innisai........ 8-)

yaa exactly. Munbe vaa and NN are fabulous. But i feel other songs are there just for the sake of it. So the album as a whole isn't that good. But in GF, each song is distinct. No song overshadows other songs unlike Sok. So i feel Gf is a complete album with nice variety. I rate this higher than VV, PP, Vallavan and all other albums released this year.

Ramakrishna
15th September 2006, 09:34 PM
Whatever, i deeply hope that GF doesn't go Sok way.
KSR is a director who can guarantee atleast some entertainment in his movies. Then there is Ajith who has a decent mass backing. The trailor looks promising. So lets hope that this one is a hit atleast to popularise the songs.
We got to look out for the BGM in the movie. I am sure there will be some gethu BGMs in this one because this is a mass movie.

A.ANAND
16th September 2006, 09:18 AM
this is my opinion

yaa exactly. Munbe vaa and NN are fabulous. But i feel other songs are there just for the sake of it. So the album as a whole isn't that good. But in GF, each song is distinct. No song overshadows other songs unlike Sok. So i feel Gf is a complete album with nice variety. I rate this higher than VV, PP, Vallavan and all other albums released this year.mr.rama,gf ,vv,vallavan,vida sok evvalo nalla album :thumbsup: this is my opinion.munbe vaa,newyork songs ithuvaraikum 100 times mela ketturuppen .ana innum salikala,meendum meendum kekaren :thumbsup: namma thala songs athigama kettathu sok than :notworthy:

selvakumar
16th September 2006, 11:37 AM
Whatever, i deeply hope that GF doesn't go Sok way.
KSR is a director who can guarantee atleast some entertainment in his movies. Then there is Ajith who has a decent mass backing. The trailor looks promising. So lets hope that this one is a hit atleast to popularise the songs.
We got to look out for the BGM in the movie. I am sure there will be some gethu BGMs in this one because this is a mass movie.

Exactly ! We are waiting for this masterpiece for years ! 8-) We won't let it down since every fan on earth will see this movie for several times ! I guarantee ! :P and being a very good film, it will attract other people as well !

ansa400
16th September 2006, 03:20 PM
Wonder why they changed the title(luck factor??), GF had more title value.... neways GF is releasing this diwali for sure coz I saw the ad. here in NZ when I went to see VV. So get ready guyz....

dinesh2002
16th September 2006, 03:38 PM
Wonder why they changed the title(luck factor??), GF had more title value.... neways GF is releasing this diwali for sure coz I saw the ad. here in NZ when I went to see VV. So get ready guyz....

actually i think they changed the tittle becoz they wanna get it tax free....knowing if u name ur movie in pure tamil it gets a tax free.... i agree with u,GF sounds more classy for the subject...Varalaru...sounds funny tho...!! l

selvakumar
16th September 2006, 04:20 PM

actually i think they changed the tittle becoz they wanna get it tax free....knowing if u name ur movie in pure tamil it gets a tax free.... i agree with u,GF sounds more classy for the subject...Varalaru...sounds funny tho...!! l

Ansa machan ! thanks for the information ! Tomorrow, expect the ADs in the dailies. ! :D (Thanks to cancer : TF)

arsaregama
17th September 2006, 09:32 AM
hehehehehehe now for which deepavali is this movie seeing the light??? varalaru suits the movie's title bcoz the producer is intrested in making the movie release in a couple of decades

villan007
17th September 2006, 09:40 AM
The AD is out in the dailies....

varalaaru.... :D

deepawali veliyidu .... :bluejump:

ansa400
17th September 2006, 12:42 PM
Can someone scan the ad. & post it?

Scale
17th September 2006, 01:57 PM
:omg:

Can someone tell me what is the % for this tax redemtion? Is it from the total production cost? To me it sounds silly, after so much work, posters, audio release..... how could these producers go for a title change :curse: :redjump:

rayan36
17th September 2006, 05:47 PM
But to me of us it still remain's godfather..... AJIT and A.R.RAHMAN......n i'm sticking with it :thumbsup:

rsubras
17th September 2006, 10:29 PM
going for the title change is fine but why cant they rename it to something as punching as the old one....... Like something something could have been renamed as Etho etho unakkum enakkum.. will be catchy atleast..Likewise Godfather could have been renamed as (no no not appasaami :D) something as powerful as the earlier title

villan007
17th September 2006, 10:33 PM

Can someone tell me what is the % for this tax redemtion?

No entertainment tax wud be imposed on films that hav tamil titles :roll: ....

thamizhvaanan
17th September 2006, 10:52 PM

Can someone tell me what is the % for this tax redemtion? Is it from the total production cost? To me it sounds silly, after so much work, posters, audio release..... how could these producers go for a title change :curse: :redjump:the tax exemption is quite significant... if there is no tax, theatre owners can afford to sell a Rs.70 ticket at Rs.40... but something something is still selling at the higher price only... these people are greedy :twisted:

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 08:34 AM
The exact title is

VARALAARU - HISTORY OF A GODFATHER

8-)

Releasing in
Satyam
MaayaJaal
Abirami
Kasi
Bharath
etc

Those who ask about which Diwali, it is the Diwali which you people will be celebrating with your family this October 8-)

MADDY
18th September 2006, 08:41 AM
now this is stupidity.........tax exemption for producers/distributors but govt. will lose so much money which will indirectly fall on middle-class heads......this govt. need not develop tamil this way :cry: ........Tamil is too great a language that needs no protection from anyone......

neways so happy that film will finally see the light..... :D

its thala deepavali afterall..... :bluejump: :bluejump:

selvakumar
18th September 2006, 04:07 PM
Ajith's Varalaru to open big this Deepavali
IndiaGlitz [Monday, September 18, 2006]

It's a Deepavali treat for Ajith fans. His God Father, which was lying in the cans for a very longtime will eventually hit the screens this Deepavali.

Produced by NIC Arts, the movie features Ajith in three roles for the first time and is directed by K S Ravikumar. Several financial constraints prevented the movie's release and it has been waiting for release for the past several months.

Following the State government's announcement of tax exemption for movies titled in Tamil, the producers opted for a title change and God Father has changed to Varalaru.

Now Varalaru will storm the screens in over half-a-dozen theatres in Chennai including the Sathyam Cinemas.

A R Rahman's music and presence of big names like Asin would come handy to promote the film.

Ajith is considered a safe bet in the industry considering the grand opening for his movies. He is currently acting in Aalwar.

Competing with Ajith's Varalaru, this Deepavali would be Silambarasan's Vallavan, Vijayakanth starrer Dharmapuri, Jeeva's E and Srikanth's Kizhakku Kadarkarai Salai. Sarath Kumar is planning to release his 100th venture Thalaimagan for Deepavali.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

This proves that Thala is one among the top three openers in TF ! :thumbsup:
GODFATHER is releasing with 300 prints which will kill every competitor 8-)

rayan36
18th September 2006, 06:11 PM
Will Vallavan be a threat :omg: ......i hope not

Scale
18th September 2006, 07:36 PM
Just picked this from ARR-YG, title change looks terrific

Varalaaru : History of Godfather

[html:f7c43258c2]http://i9.tinypic.com/2ldvs05.jpg[/html:f7c43258c2]

Image posting enabled for this post. - RR.

selvakumar
7th October 2006, 03:17 PM
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=7501&start=1110

Crap sify has done it again with its double game !

Anyway, It is THALA DEEPAVALI all the way for us ! (For ARR fans and Ajith fans)

Renault
7th October 2006, 05:11 PM
Impressive list of theatres in Chennai.. Ajith will have the opening, but sustenance is the key..

I always felt Ajith's movies are like Sehwag's innings, it has a rapid opening and falls apart later.. Hope this movie turns out like a Sehwag 100... Ajith needs this badly.

Might to too far fetched, I don't have much hopes on Alwaar for Pongal as it may clash with Vikram's bheema, Vijay's Pokkiri and Suriya's Sarvam.

selvakumar
7th October 2006, 05:20 PM
Impressive list of theatres in Chennai.. Ajith will have the opening, but sustenance is the key..

Nowadays opening and first 50 days collection matter a lot ! 8-)
If a movie is running beyond 100 days, then it must be a blockbuster and must run in atleast some areas in TN rather than chennai alone ! 8-)
In that sense, thala still remains like Sachin interms of opening. Except the legends, Others remain as duds !

imsai
7th October 2006, 09:02 PM
Might to too far fetched, I don't have much hopes on Alwaar for Pongal as it may clash with Vikram's bheema, Vijay's Pokkiri and Suriya's Sarvam.

Because they are all bigger stars than Ajith? It's always between Ajith and Vijay, then the other duo. Or you don't have hope on the director?

The pongal will be highlighted by Ajith vs Vijay rivalry only. I've more hope on Aalwaar than the anything. Second is Sarvam.

imsai
7th October 2006, 09:14 PM
Nowadays opening and first 50 days collection matter a lot ! 8-)
If a movie is running beyond 100 days, then it must be a blockbuster and must run in atleast some areas in TN rather than chennai alone ! 8-)
In that sense, thala still remains like Sachin interms of opening. Except the legends, Others remain as duds !

Selva, in the last few years people've formed a notion that Ajith movies take bumper opening then fall flat. Every bad film by every mass actors will take good opening and then will fall apart. After that, if the actor comes with a good movie it'll take a good opening and will run for long.

In fact, RK and KH movies take bumper opening. Baba had an awesome opening and gradually fell apart. If Rajini acted few more baba's then people will only be mentioning his opening but not the the strength in BO. Since Rajini is a legend and is the industry for a long time, he knows what he had to do next and he did with CM. (Sorry to any RK fans for using it as an example)

Ajith, before Villan movie, had some flops and huge hits. How did they run? He made right choices after every debacles. But in the last few years, he singned up junk films without even thinking. None of those films were potential blockbusters so I don't think it pertain with his strength in the BO but rather with "the film." Opening is the actor's strengh, the long run fully depends on the substance.
It's sad to see people coming up with peculiar notions. :sad:

selvakumar
7th October 2006, 09:22 PM
Maaps,
This is precisely what I had in my mind ! Still Ajith's opening can't be matched by the current generation starts thought crap sify will try to hide it ! :lol:
Pity that people are taking things straighaway without much analysis.

If a hero gets a massive opening, it says clearly that the mistake is not in the actors' side but in the directors' side ! :D

Thala needs a blockbuster atleast to make everyone remain silent ! Let us hope that GF will give that though it is releasing after 2 solid years !

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 10:47 AM
i dont think any other pongal release will be able to compete with pokkiri. i saw the original pokkiri. it was a stylish movie which had the right blend of action, music, comedy, romance. it was also better than okkadu(ghilli). Moreover, manisarma's nusic was damn good. So i believe pokkiri to be the clear winner in the pongal race. i dont know about alwar bcoz the director is a new guy and the fortunes may turn either way for ajith. Bheema shud also be a good entertainer. Sarvam will not survive. Its going to turn out like mayavi, thats for sure.

Sorry ARR fans, i know this is not the right place to give a preview about pongal releases. But i blieve you all woulf forgive me.

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 11:09 AM
The talk of the town these days is the performance of Ajith in Godfather ---- now changed to Varalaru.

The much-delayed movie has Ajith playing three roles. Directed by K S Ravikumar.

Now this movie will be out for Deepavali.

Ajith plays triple roles --- a father and two twin sons.

There are plenty of shades to his characters and Ajith has shown amazing versatility in living up to the expectations.

The story is one of revenge. One of Ajith’s sons wants to polish him off. But another son comes to his rescue. Why this dramatic intrigue? Well, that forms the story.

Rajinikanth, who had a sneak preview of the film recently, was thoroughly impressed. He has conveyed his appreciation to Ajith for his splendid work.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/25901.html

baba88
9th October 2006, 06:11 PM
Godfather movies story can be read in an article of the latest Vikatan Magazine. It's interessting

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 06:22 PM
yeah. i also read that one. A commercial subject. Is the BGM composed by ARR or by Pravin Mani? I have this doubt coz normally the BGM of delayed ARR movies are composed by that guy and he makes the whole thing go fishy.

selvakumar
9th October 2006, 06:29 PM
yeah. i also read that one. A commercial subject. Is the BGM composed by ARR or by Pravin Mani? I have this doubt coz normally the BGM of delayed ARR movies are composed by that guy and he makes the whole thing go fishy.

Could you please stop your predictions ? :)
The movie is not yet out ! It is coming ! and till now ARR's stamp is clearly written on it !
Pravin Mani is suitable for Perarasu ! :)
KSR is not a fool to let PM do whatever he needs !
8-)

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 06:36 PM
I also pray to god that ARR shud compose the BGM. But KS Ravikumar does not worries about the BGM scores. Even for Thenali, Sabesh-Murali composed the BGM.

selvakumar
10th October 2006, 01:44 PM
I also pray to god that ARR shud compose the BGM. But KS Ravikumar does not worries about the BGM scores. Even for Thenali, Sabesh-Murali composed the BGM.

I don't know about Thenali.. But FYI, KSR was damn serious and he wanted to make it with utmost precision ! 8-) That is why in spite of several financial problems, he invested his own money and made this movie !

After doing this and all, he wouldn't have gone for PM. Why I tell this is : in the 2 solid years he would have easily got the time of master in finishing the BGM part !

and sometime back I read that it was ARR who saw the movie first and then only RK ! :D

leosimha
12th October 2006, 08:46 PM
WOW...so ARR has given a superb BGM for Godfather....Thala Varalaaru AARAMBAM...RAM BAM BAM.....AARAMBAM.........

MADDY
20th October 2006, 04:29 PM
what is this thread doing lying down.......move over SOK, here comes Thala, the Godfather of originality to create a varalaaru......

Thala diwali with a ARR touch in it......

Diwali wishes to all ARR fans......

baba88
20th October 2006, 04:58 PM
I think after the movie release the audio is gonna become a Blockbuster Hit like Vetteyadu Villayadu.

ArulprakasH
20th October 2006, 05:04 PM
Those who have doubts in BGM see the trailer @ Indialitz.com with good speakers. U can feel the ARR's BGM. I really cant wait to watch FDFS @ Satyam. THALA's acting and ARR"S Music - A Double Treat.

Guess_Me
21st October 2006, 01:26 PM
[tscii:c27ce60665]Godfather Review

Try and try till you exceed all limits, seems to be director K.S.Ravikumar’s mantra. His Varalaaru has a wafer-thin story and is tackily executed. Though the film offers little in the way of surprise or newness, what makes it watchable is Ajit and his triple role.

So what’s wrong? The plot: now that’s truly antique. Shivshankar (Ajit) is a tycoon and his only son Vishnu (Ajit) is the apple of his eye. The old man is on a wheel chair and we are told that his wife (Kanika) died in a car accident which left him crippled. Vishnu is a happy go lucky guy who is having a ball with his group of friends (Ramesh Kanna, Suman Shetty).

Vishnu goes to Thottapuram village where he meets Divya a college student on a study tour. They soon fall in love and their wedding is fixed. But suddenly Vishnu starts showing psychiatric fits, misbehaves and even tries to shoot his father. He is admitted to a mental hospital but all this is the work of Jeeva (Ajit) a look-alike of Vishnu who has an axe to grind against Shivashankar. Post interval, in a flashback it is revealed that Jeeva is Kanika’s (now mentally challenged) son and he wants to kill his father Shivasankar for that!

The silver lining of the film is Ajit in three get-up. Pipe smoking old man in wheel chair is the best among the three. His younger days as the efferminate dancer are also well-culled out. The manner in which he walks daintily and behaves are a treat to his fans. The son characters-cool dude Vishnu and the cunning Jeeva are in typical ‘Thalai style’.

Asin has tremendous screen presence, has impeccable sense of comic timing and is a treat to watch. Kanika has nothing much to do except enacting the mad woman whimpering act. On the technical side, Varalaaru is tacky. Enough endured, Ravikumar and his inane script has let the film down. All we can say is that it gets terribly irritating and looks like the script was changed and chopped every time there was a new schedule.

The music of A.R.Rahman is disappointing and there is not even one hummable number. In the name of comedy, Ramesh Kanna, Suman Shetty and co indulges in double entendre and crude gags. On the whole, Varalaaru just does not live up to the pre-release hype and expectations.

Verdict: Below Average[/tscii:c27ce60665]

imsai
21st October 2006, 03:38 PM
sify and theire review :rotfl:

They give good reviews to all the crap films that come out :rotfl:

Anyway, they are against Ajith; a known fact.

Are they against ARR too? :?

thamizhvaanan
21st October 2006, 04:43 PM
Are they against ARR too? :? yea, like most of the crackpots out there :lol:

Renault
21st October 2006, 05:40 PM
I actually do agree with most of sify reviews and I did go and watch few movies like Ghajini, VV, Mayavee, and also didn;t watch movies like Majaa, in cohesion with their reviews.

The only sify review which I kind of disagreed was for pudupetai, which they said only the first half rocked.. I liked the movie and we already had enough debates on that.

Given by recent sify form (Thrashing SEOK).. I have my own doubts on Godfather and I personally don't regard KSR to get a great performance from Ajith or ARR... while he is lucky to get good performances from Kamal/ARR Combo, as Thenali rocked.

Lemme wait for the diwali smioe to settle down and read more reviews here.

music man
21st October 2006, 06:42 PM
The music of A.R.Rahman is disappointing and there is not even one hummable number
Good joke..Wat a sarcastic remark from sify.com.. :argh: I generally dont believe these reviews..Each and everyone have their own tastes..
Wat about "Innisai,Illamai,Deepavali,Kaatril or even Kamakarai songs??? Are not these songs good enough?If they need a still better song either the taste of the reviewer should be bad or he should be asked to compose good satisfying hummable numbers :banghead:

MADDY
21st October 2006, 09:50 PM
I actually do agree with most of sify reviews and I did go and watch few movies like Ghajini, VV, Mayavee, and also didn;t watch movies like Majaa, in cohesion with their reviews.

The only sify review which I kind of disagreed was for pudupetai, which they said only the first half rocked.. I liked the movie and we already had enough debates on that.

Given by recent sify form (Thrashing SEOK).. I have my own doubts on Godfather and I personally don't regard KSR to get a great performance from Ajith or ARR... while he is lucky to get good performances from Kamal/ARR Combo, as Thenali rocked.

Lemme wait for the diwali smioe to settle down and read more reviews here.

you will be proved wrong this time Renault......

and y do u always come here and give a negative reviews on ARR's films??? :shock: ......

Renault
21st October 2006, 10:33 PM
bad judgement again MADDY. I didn't thrash ARR anywhere in my post.. just go thru it again and u will understand.. am actually sympathising with him for KSR not exploting the best of tunes IMO for his movies.

I always appreicate good direcrors who get the best from ARR.. eg: Paathshaala in Rang-de basanthi was too good.. It can't be that ARR is good in patches.. just that the opportunities he gets is with mediocre directors and I guess if u read Sify review.. they also opine the same on ksr's abilities with the film.

Hope u get my thoughts straight this time.

thineshan54321
21st October 2006, 11:03 PM
Here we go again! Every Rahman movie is no different, the same kinda response from the media. Oh the director is bad, not the best music from Rahman. They just need to shut their pie holes and enjoy their life a little more. Enjoy Varaalaru!

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 09:58 AM
bad judgement again MADDY. I didn't thrash ARR anywhere in my post.. just go thru it again and u will understand.. am actually sympathising with him for KSR not exploting the best of tunes IMO for his movies.

I always appreicate good direcrors who get the best from ARR.. eg: Paathshaala in Rang-de basanthi was too good.. It can't be that ARR is good in patches.. just that the opportunities he gets is with mediocre directors and I guess if u read Sify review.. they also opine the same on ksr's abilities with the film.

Hope u get my thoughts straight this time.

i never told that u thrashed ARR here........read my post again, y do u give negative reviews on ARR's movies i said.........u did the same to SOK as well.......

moreover RDB is a once-in-a-lifetime-movie for everyone who worked there........Raykesh Mehra,ARR,Aamir,Sidarth,soha ali khan and others.........films/songs of that quality wont come every 6 months......

and i felt Varalaaru's songs are good indeed.......scriptkku yetha mathiri kuduthirukaaru......wats wrong in that???Ajith fans are happy with the songs......i dunt see a problem....

rayan36
22nd October 2006, 11:24 AM
[tscii:221e2be0c5]Movie Review

Varalaru - Triple whammy
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, October 21, 2006]

Ajit has been off the radars for some time now. And perhaps to compensate it all, he hogs all the limelight in triple variations in Varalaru. Varalaru is all Ajit. He manfully tries to lift the movie on his shoulders. To a certain extent, his screen presence and charisma see it through. Alas, only just.

Varalaru is good because Ajit is good.

K S Ravikumar shows only a modicum of his undoubted masala skills. Ravikumar’s famed ability to whip up hilarity and humor also goes missing. A R Rehman’s music, not his best effort, is niche and good to those who understand the subtlety of orchestration and melody.

To be fair to the director, the film has paid a price for having been made in jumps and starts. The jerks and stutters are real reflection of the production difficulties.

The story takes off with Shivashankar(Ajit), a millionaire with a debonair son Vishnu (Ajit). The former is confined to a wheel-chair, the latter is larky youngster enjoying the pleasures the world has to offer. While on a visit to a village, he falls for the charm of Divya (Asin).

But when he is about to get married to Divya, he acts crankily and shows lunatic tendencies (he even tries to bump off his father). Why? Well, it is all the handiwork of Jeeva (Ajit). He is also the son of Shivashankar.

Pray why is he after his dad’s blood? Well, that is the surprise (?) as it about an incident involving his mother (Kanika) and his father.

It is Ajit’s show all the way. He brings all the necessary tricks involved to make the trio look different. As Vishu, he is stylized and elegant. As Jeeva, he is cunning and committed. But it is as Shivashankar, he brings to fore all the special magic. As a man, with a passion for dance (which changes his body language), he is truly marvelous.

Asin too is as ever very chirpy and vivacious. She also revels in comic situations. Kanika as Ajith’s wife and later as a nervous wreck is good.

The comedy team of Ramesh Kanna and others don’t get their act right. That is a major disappointment. The comedy also borders on raunchy.

The technical backdrop too doesn’t measure. Rehman’s music, as we said, is good. But takes time to sink in.
Ravikumar has obviously worked under severe constraints. He has given his best but the production problems are too much and have an adverse say on the script.

But Ajit has managed to stand above the problems.

Varalaru may not make history. Yet, Ajit’s work will certainly uplift to it being at least a local legend.

[/tscii:221e2be0c5]

jegansavannah
22nd October 2006, 12:18 PM
personally i wont blame ARR. i like the songs. whtever the review says in my opinion the movie is a halfbaked masala dosai

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 05:55 PM
i simply dont understand wat u r talking abt, jegan??? i was circumspect in the morning......but by evening, picture seems to be far clear......varalaaru has opened bigger than vallavan........we have to see but which sustains more........sustaining will depend not on fans but the neutral movie goers......neutral movie goers are normally the families.......and families by no chance will watch steamy/hot scenes of Vallavan....... :lol: .....

villan007
22nd October 2006, 08:07 PM
personally i wont blame ARR. i like the songs. whtever the review says in my opinion the movie is a halfbaked masala dosai

jegan , you're absolutely entitled to have your opinion....

and IMO , vallavan is a silly attempt by simbu :( .. YSR is the sole saviour of the movie tho the bgms are mostly rehashes of manmadhan :oops: :cry:

rayan36
22nd October 2006, 08:49 PM
i simply dont understand wat u r talking abt, jegan??? i was circumspect in the morning......but by evening, picture seems to be far clear......varalaaru has opened bigger than vallavan........we have to see but which sustains more........sustaining will depend not on fans but the neutral movie goers......neutral movie goers are normally the families.......and families by no chance will watch steamy/hot scenes of Vallavan....... :lol: .....

TOTALY AGREE with u MADDY :clap: :clap:

jegansavannah
22nd October 2006, 09:38 PM
cmmon guys !watch varalaru.. have fun . yaam petra inbam peruga ivvayagam

jegansavannah
22nd October 2006, 09:57 PM
maddy! varalaaru is one of the grossiest vulgar movie watched in recent times , iam sure family audience wont accept this cheap concept . after a long time watched lotsa rape scene in this movie ,(godfather ajit aanbilay singama!-tht's the whole theme of the movie). you wont know why iam saying it. drove 30miles @ night ,skipped my dinner,spent extra bucks $15 to watch this crappy movie.(poor editing, mediocore screenplay. above all the songs are totally wasted. the final verdict from my fellow moviegoers. a thirdrated c grade telugu movie. as i said earlier watch the movie and give ur comments if your really neutral. as of vallavan sorry ! i should have let my opinon before watching it. just felt any movie would be better than varalaaru

Renault
22nd October 2006, 10:07 PM
MADDY.. Varalaaru will obviously have big opening than Vallavan coz:

1. Ajith's fan strength - comparable to a Rajini film opening, probably second only to a Rajini film.

2. Vallavan I beleive was released a show or two late due to the financial problems the producer and Simbhu had.

I am receiving good reviews for Vallavan and for Varalaaaru all I hear is abt Ajith's tremendous performance and nothing great about the movie. Simply, Ajith is the movie and nothing else, it seems.

MADDY
22nd October 2006, 11:50 PM
Renault, Ajith's charisma is enuf to nullify simbu+YSR......moreover there have been many shows in these 2 days where ilamai and innisai were repeated 2-3 times....so i think ARR also has a part in movies's success......

jegan, i guess ur hatred towards Varalaaru is something personal and not cinematic.......respect ur opinion but i'll watch Varalaaru as a true fan does........i watched movies like SOK,Duet thrice in theatres....so ithellam enakku sadharanamappa :lol:

jegansavannah
23rd October 2006, 03:20 AM
SOK is far better than Varalaaru. yep ajit owe me 1 million dollars.having personal..reasons.. lol.

thineshan54321
23rd October 2006, 05:41 AM
Hey guys, I just passed by a theatre while on my way to music class, and the theatre was really full, it was 3/4 as full as it was when chandramukhi openened. So guys, varalaaru is doing good here in canada (toronto) also.

dinesh2002
23rd October 2006, 07:22 AM
Renault, Ajith's charisma is enuf to nullify simbu+YSR......moreover there have been many shows in these 2 days where ilamai and innisai were repeated 2-3 times....so i think ARR also has a part in movies's success......

jegan, i guess ur hatred towards Varalaaru is something personal and not cinematic.......respect ur opinion but i'll watch Varalaaru as a true fan does........i watched movies like SOK,Duet thrice in theatres....so ithellam enakku sadharanamappa :lol:

wow??? no kiddin???? the audience made the theater guys to play the songs again?????? :shock: and people can say Varalaaru songs r bad..... :roll:

thineshan54321
23rd October 2006, 07:42 AM
If what you say is true, finally after years of waiting, Rahman's songs are getting the recognition that it should! Oh man, I am happy, hope Rahman can bring people's musical taste to how it was in the 90s enough so that when people hear dapanguthu, they should be like YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

itsmuls
23rd October 2006, 09:36 AM
Review about Varalaru in sify "The music of A.R.Rahman is disappointing and there is not even one hummable number. "
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14315612&ctid=5&cid=2429

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 09:37 AM

wow??? no kiddin???? the audience made the theater guys to play the songs again?????? :shock: and people can say Varalaaru songs r bad..... :roll:

yup Dinesh.....yesterday also my frnd saw it in a local theater in ambattur and Innisai was repeated twice...... :bluejump: ........but got to accept that songs are getting repeated for Ajith's dance.........but that doesent take any credit away from our boss......tell me y couldnt simbu's dance in nollavan sorry vallavan make ppl. ask for a repeat???? from this we know ARR's music is the difference.... :D

Ajith fans are really happy with the songs......but all seem to complain abt BGM......gotto check y and who composed it actually......

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 09:44 AM
Review about Varalaru in sify "The music of A.R.Rahman is disappointing and there is not even one hummable number. "
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14315612&ctid=5&cid=2429

i guess its time ARR,Kamal,Ajith fans bring down Sify's office with stones.......wat say guys?? :evil:

Sify Limited
II Floor, Tidel Park,
No.4, Canal Bank Road,
Taramani, Chennai - 600 113,
India.
Phone: +91 44 2254 0770-77
Fax: +91 44 2254 0771 ......

Renault
23rd October 2006, 09:57 AM
MADDY, U have selective amnesia or what.. I read one of your comments to hubber Andawan that u don't like to talk to Kamal fans.. now why do u reach out to Kamal fans for support?

villan007
23rd October 2006, 10:00 AM
i guess its time ARR,Kamal,Ajith fans bring down Sify's office with stones.......wat say guys?? :evil:

how about detonating the building ? :twisted: :lol:

nyways... gotta see varalaaru again...missed Ilamai song :cry:

and screens are housefull till wednesday :(

ansa400
23rd October 2006, 10:10 AM
Guyz,, this Sify.com have some serious problem,, coz rite from the day GF's music released it was degrading it,, there has been atleast some 5 articles relating to it I guess,,, and now its telling the music is disappointing,.. huh,,, think some insane guy is reviewing it,,,

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 10:12 AM
Hows the movie,guys? Pl give a honest review. Hows thalai's performance and thalaivar's BGM score? Never got time to settle down and a watch a movie this weekend. Moreover, i hate simbu,arya and vijayakanth. So my obvious choice is Varalaaru. I thought people like Maddy, Dinesh can help me out if my decision is right..

MADDY
23rd October 2006, 10:46 AM
MADDY, U have selective amnesia or what.. I read one of your comments to hubber Andawan that u don't like to talk to Kamal fans.. now why do u reach out to Kamal fans for support?

oh my......u r sure following my posts man.... :D .........read that post again......i said " i wont talk abt ARR to ppl. with kamal avatar on them"........

moreover, i'm not seeking anyone's support here.......ARR himself is blessed with a huge fans base........his orkut community has 115000 members........its just i felt sify has been harsh on these 3 always......

ajay, i'll watch it this weekend only and that too in chennai......it will release a week late in b'lore.......but varalaaru is a safe bet as far as i can see.......Ajith's charisma, ARR's music, KSR's histrionics, Ramesh Kanna's comedy all makes it a good prospect......

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 10:53 AM
Thanx Maddy. Hope our choice goes right...

imsai
23rd October 2006, 11:24 AM
[tscii:7878018f33]`Thalai` triumphs!

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 23 October , 2006, 10:59

Sify.com had coined the title ‘King of opening” to the ultimate star Ajith and the actor has once again lived up to his reputation with Varalaaru. The film has taken the best ever opening in Tamilnadu at the Diwali box-office.
Varalaaru has taken an extraordinary opening all over Tamilnadu and overseas. In Chennai city and Chengalpet area on the opening Diwali Day, Varalaaru has taken 110 percent opening! The extra 10 percent comes from Ajit fans who watched the film standing and sitting on theatres floors in Chengalpet area!

Says ‘Oscar’ Ravichandran, who is distributing the film in North& South Arcot and Tiruchi area: “Varalaaru is the clear Diwali winner by a mile. It is going to be a milestone in Ajit’s career. The film has not only taken a bumper opening but is all set to be a super hit”.

Added Balasubramaniam of Baba Films, who are distributing the film in Kovai area: “Varalaaru has created a new box-office record in Coimbatore city by collecting a net of Rs 20. 5 Lakhs from four prints in two days”.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

[/tscii:7878018f33]

A.ANAND
23rd October 2006, 12:09 PM
i saw g.f last night at tgv mines at.k.lumpur with my family.the fist time all my family like movie after something something :bluejump: ajit perfomence woow!!!!kalakitharuppa :thumbsup: mass masala moviethan,irunthalum nalla entertaiment movie..but who say arr music is dissapointhing is nnahh!!!ungga vailla alwathan :poke: all songs ikkum theatrela sema claps :omg: beliave me!!!esp.kamma karayile and katril..hatts off 2 namma thala.no dobut this movie going 2 box office[arr] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A.ANAND
23rd October 2006, 12:44 PM
rehmanukku thevai ippa oru big hit in tamil.athu g.f muulam success agiyachu athu pothum..sify patti enna solla,naan mattum chennai la iruntha,sify officela bom vechiduven!!!!

rayan36
23rd October 2006, 03:25 PM
i saw g.f last night at tgv mines at.k.lumpur with my family.the fist time all my family like movie after something something :bluejump: ajit perfomence woow!!!!kalakitharuppa :thumbsup: mass masala moviethan,irunthalum nalla entertaiment movie..but who say arr music is dissapointhing is nnahh!!!ungga vailla alwathan :poke: all songs ikkum theatrela sema claps :omg: beliave me!!!esp.kamma karayile and katril..hatts off 2 namma thala.no dobut this movie going 2 box office[arr] :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

yea vaithilla beer vathinglae :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

rayan36
23rd October 2006, 03:38 PM
[tscii:a4a9cac4b7]Chaotic Varalaru, latecomer Vallavan – Dawn becomes dusk for Diwali releases

Diwali this year has witnessed the release of a few much-awaited releases. Prominent of them being Ajith’s Varalaru and Simbu’s Vallavan. While prints of most of the movies managed to reach the theatres on time, screening of Vallavan and Dharmapuri were delayed due to various reasons and the Arjun starrer Vathiyar was not released due to undisclosed reasons.

Varalaru’s chaotic opening
Ajith’s long pending Varalaru finally hit the screens this Diwali after overcoming a truckload of hurdles and obstacles. Ajith spent a whopping 2 crore from his wallet to help the movie see the crack of dawn on Diwali. Apart from that the director K.S. Ravikumar was not honored with his pay, which was later settled after deliberations. The movie was about to be stalled from its release by a financier for a debt of 5 lakhs, which was also settled enabling the movie’s release.

Kasi theatre was brimming with Ajith fans and the show opened at 8.45 a.m. The fans demanded ‘once more’ for the ‘Innisai’ song in the movie and when their request was not honored, their impatience got the most out of them persuading them to block the speakers behind the screens. This caused chaos for a while and while the theatre management was rectifying the same, the fans started bursting crackers inside the movie hall. Police was called in and close to 50 ill-behaved fans were taken into custody.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/23-10-06-diwali-releases.html

well Indiaglitz was right the songs r now 'sinkin' in with the crowd

[/tscii:a4a9cac4b7]

rayan36
23rd October 2006, 03:39 PM
It's V vs V
IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 23, 2006]

Finally six films took off this Deepavali. Amidst them Ajith's Varalaru and Silambarasan's Vallavan have reportedly opened big.

Ajith, as always known, has a strong fan base and all his films do open big. Expectedly, Varalaru witnessed a fabulous beginning with packed theatres not just in Chennai city but also in suburbs. Several theatres witnessed crowds standing to watch the movie with seats already full in suburbs.

music man
23rd October 2006, 03:51 PM
ARR himself is blessed with a huge fans base........his orkut community has 115000 members........its just i felt sify has been harsh on these 3 always......
Maddy!!! R u in orkut??How can i contact u in orkut??

villan007
23rd October 2006, 09:36 PM
check out the rediff review

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/oct/23var.htm :D:D

and it has trashed vallavan :rotfl:

sibicalls
23rd October 2006, 11:55 PM
I went for the movie with absolutely no expectations. But i was in for a pleasant shock ..I wudnt say the movie was super or very good..But it was gud timepass movie and the whole theatre errupted for many scenes. I always had hope in KSR and he proved he is worth it. I expected a lot from ARR in SOK..ARR was excellent in that .But director spoiled the show..In this case I wud say just a above average effort by ARR, but guys we have to appreciate KSR for pulling it off...He has managed the available resources very well and i wudnt be surprised if this movie goes on to become a super hit. And i really loved the director for one more reason..Inspite of all the delays and financial probs, he has shot all the songs , tat too in a impressive manner. If at all any financial probb or delay in movie comes up first thing to get axe will be the songs..Eg Udhaya..I really wish ARR shud have done Dasavatharam..And finally i saw Guru trailor as well while watching this movie..Getting ready for next treat :redjump:

MADDY
24th October 2006, 12:10 AM
And finally i saw Guru trailor as well while watching this movie..Getting ready for next treat :redjump:

:boo: :bluejump: :omg: :swinghead:

Guru tralieraaaaaaaa????????

how was it??? any songs came ???

sibicalls
24th October 2006, 06:56 AM
Trailer was damn good..Looked like a very serious movie..No Songs were shown..Jus few secenes showing him as a villager first .then trying hard to succeed in something and then as a winner in life..From trailer it looked like a story of politician. but have to wait till mani gives some interview or till the movie releases to get some idea abt the movie. The video clip of that trailer was sent by somebody to yahoo arrahmans group..

MADDY
24th October 2006, 03:07 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top-6-movies/tamil-cinema-top-6-movies-6.html

:bluejump: :bluejump:

after a long time ARR's movie at top :D

vallavan slipping away badly..... :lol: .......i like it....i like it....

kameshratnam
24th October 2006, 03:56 PM
All films released for deepavali should gross a lot of money and make the producers happy. Let the best film win..

I am happy for ajith..that his film has released.Let him regain his position

Maddy please go to simbu's office and tell him ur feedback.

MADDY
24th October 2006, 04:50 PM
Maddy please go to simbu's office and tell him ur feedback.

i'm very busy nowadays.......let him come to my office and take my feedback....... :lol:

nilavupriyan
24th October 2006, 05:02 PM
Trailer was damn good..Looked like a very serious movie..No Songs were shown..Jus few secenes showing him as a villager first .then trying hard to succeed in something and then as a winner in life..From trailer it looked like a story of politician. but have to wait till mani gives some interview or till the movie releases to get some idea abt the movie. The video clip of that trailer was sent by somebody to yahoo arrahmans group..

story of dhirubaai ambani

rayan36
24th October 2006, 08:14 PM
[tscii:92fd16c3a6]Varalaru enlivens spirits of the team Oct 24, 2006

Varalaru, the Ajith starrer that released on Diwali day has captured everyone’s attention and is most likely to lead the race of Diwali films. The initial reports have seemingly cheered up the mood of the team after all the hurdles the movie encountered before it hit the screens. If you may remember, we reported earlier about Ajith spending 2 crores from his wallet for the release of the movie.

Varalaru was supposed to release a year ago and owing to financial difficulties was made to rest in peace in the cans.

The producer Nic Arts S S Chakravarthy is the most ecstatic of all. He performed his hair offering ritual to Tirupathi Lord Venkatesa recently after the release of Varalaru. Point in fact Chakravarthy had lost hopes for the release of Varalaru and dropped his efforts in bringing the movie to screens. However, now that the movie has broken all the barriers and hit the screens, Chakravarthy paid a trip to Tirupathi and on his way back visited a theatre in Coimbatore to witness the fans’ response by himself. He visited the Ragam theatre and enjoyed the show amidst the fans.

Chakravarthy has produced Ajith in numerous films and shared a special friendship with Ajith. The release of Varalaru and its blockbuster status may certainly revive their friendship.

Behindwoods.com
[/tscii:92fd16c3a6]

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 03:30 PM
I just wanted to post a review about Varalaaru.

First and foremost i wanna make it clear that i am a hardcore Vijay fan. But i do like Ajith for his charisma and manliness. i went to the movie only for the sake of ARR..

The movie started off with the beautiful 'Innisai' song. It was soon followed by 'Ilamai'. I wud'nt say that the picturisation was excellent but was creditable for a KSR movie. People went berzerk for the second song. My favourite song till date is 'Ilamai' and it was neatly picturised. Ajith fans have really started liking this song and it was evident from the response the song got in the theatre.

The first half also has two other songs. 'Thothapuram' and 'Kammakaraiyila'. To be frank, both these songs were placed so closely that it makes the film look sagging at one point of time. The comedy by Ramesh Kanna and Co has its own moments of vulgarity, which is the reason for the film getting a U/A certificate.

The first half did'nt have scope for BGMs too. So ARR has underplayed his role till interval.

The second half is a treat for Ajith fans. The father character has brought out the acting skills out of the versatile actor. I really liked the second half. It was fast and aptly supported by ARR. Again in the second half too two songs were placed within a span of 5 minutes. 'Theeyil' and 'Kaatril' were picturised quite nicely though, thanx to P.C Sriram, who was the cinematographer then. This half also has the 'Innisai-Remix' version.

As a whole, the film is a wholesome entertainer and a must watch for all Ajith fans. The songs are getting noticed now, which is evident from the crowd response. The BGM may not be ARR's best but he has given what the movie deserves. The sore points of the film is the vulgarity in the first half and the missing of continuity at certain places. However the charm of Ajith has shadowed them all.

Both Ajith and ARR needed a super hit to silence the critics. Varalaaru seems to be their reply.

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 03:37 PM
Kick the ass of the sify guys,friends. The film deserves more respect than their verdict.

ArulprakasH
25th October 2006, 04:10 PM
:yes: Sify needs kicks, slaps, :hammer: from Ajith and ARR fans.. :exactly:

dinesh2002
25th October 2006, 05:14 PM
[tscii:35f546ab71]Tamil Movie Review : Varalaru
Varalaru review – Ajith’s Diwali treat to set cash registers ringing

Cast : Ajith,Asin

Music Director : A.R. Rehaman

Director : K.S.Ravikumar

Production : Nic Arts S S Chakravarthy

Relationships entangled in an emotional web – that is Varalaru for you in a single sentence. The storyline is not so complex that it can be entered in the back of a bus ticket. Yet, what makes the movie worthwhile is a four-letter word. You guessed it right. Ajith.

The long awaited Varalaru has stuff in it in the name of Ajith, K.S. Ravikumar and a well crafted plot. Though there are remnants of the fact that the movie was under production for more than a couple of years, the narration and an implausible screenplay succeed in entertaining the masses for two and a half hours.

Battlefield

The story opens with the classical dancer Ajith, who inherits his girlishness from the dance he learns, whose marriage is fixed with his childhood sweetheart Kaniha. An intolerant Ajith goes crazy when the bride and her best friends make fun of him over his actions. He eventually loses control and ends up raping Kaniha – the bride. With that, the story leaps into another couple of decades where the dancer turned rapist has twins (Ajith X 2) out of his misbehavior. The kids were shared among the couple and what happens when the mama’s boy decides to punish his father for his rape assault is Varalaru.

Warriors – Plot and the Director

If you ever thought, i.e, before the name-change of the movie from Godfather to Varalaru, K.S. Ravikumar has derived inspiration from the famous Hollywood hit sequels, you are grossly mistaken. Varalaru has no such connections with the original Godfather series. On the other hand, it is packed rightly with all the elements in right proportions that are inexorable for a Tamil hit movie.

Ajith showcases his indomitable skills with the three roles that he portrays and tries to show differences in the articulation with each different role. However, dancer Ajith wins the hearts and the thought almost crosses one’s mind – has Ajith watched the Malayalam hero Dilip in one such hit movie ‘Chandupottu’?

K.S. Ravikumar, having been behind the cameras for innumerable hits, has done his job with ease. Though the first half seems to be dragging the viewer into a dizzy state, Ravikumar skillfully manages to make them sit erect with some interesting twists in the plot and some vibrant dance numbers, thanks to Rahman.

The conqueror

No second thoughts, Ajith steals the show with his inimitable presence. His dancer role wins accolades and when challenged by his to-be wife for his woman-like features, Ajith makes us feel this – it is too early to write this talent off just because he delivered a few duds at the box office. Ajith’s expressions have improved tremendously and he has played his emotions subtly adding value to the roles.

Asin plays the no-less-than-ordinary heroine who gets teased by the typical Tamil hero and shakes her legs for a few dance numbers. She did not require to do hard work. The other stars include Kaniha, Sujatha, Ramesh Kannna, Mansoor Alikhan, Sandanabarathi, and Ponnambalam who fill in the parts almost perfectly.

Rahman’s music is worth mentioning in the ‘Innisai’ song, which is often demanded once more in the theatres. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :2thumbsup: :cool2: And sadly enough, Rahman is worth a mention only for a few songs and the background score fails to make an impact and passes off from your memory even before the movie ends. :confused2:
The throne

Standing alone and with no other great movies for competition, of course an exemption of Vallavan the fate of which will be decided in the days to come, Varalaru is here to stay for a long time at the box office setting the cash registers ringing. At the same time, Varalaru has broken all the misconceptions that movies under production for a long time are most likely to fall flat on their noses.

Varalaru – worth a watch, if not for the other two Ajiths but indeed for the Ajith who dons the robe of a dancer.

http://www.behindwoods.com//features/Reviews/reviews1/varalaru/varalaru-review.html[/tscii:35f546ab71]

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 06:36 PM
Chiranjeevi to do `Godfather’ remake?

Megastar Chiranjeevi was supposed to do the Telugu remake of Lage Raho Munnabhai but after seeing Ajit’s Tamil film Godfather, the Diwali hit, he is in two minds. Chiru liked the film and was very impressed by it and called up its director K.S.Ravikumar to congratulate him.
Now the latest we hear is that Chiranjeevi is interested in doing this remake first. What impressed the actor was the triple role done by Ajit as father and two sons. In the flashback, one of the characters shown in the film is an effeminate classical dancer which clicked with the audience of Tamilnadu.

The grapevine has it that Chiranjeevi sees great commercial potential in Godfather.

Will the telugu version retain the same MD? Chiru has already worked for a film with ARR..

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 06:53 PM
Having watched the important diwali releases, i'l try to give you an idea on the must watch movies and must avoid movies.

1. Varalaaru

Pros- Ajith, ARR, Superfast screenplay
Cons-Vulgarity, Comedy, Cinematography

A must watch film..

2. Vattaram

Pros-Cast-Heroine, Good Narration
Cons-Songs,Comedy.

Watchable

3. Vallavan

Pros-YSR,Cinematography, Glamour
Cons-Simbu's 'TOOOOO MUCH' attitude, Direction.

Watchable only for Simbu Fans

4. E

Pros-Jeeva, All New concept
Cons-Music, It wont go well with all centres.

Above average

As mentioned above, i have listed the important movies of this Diwali. Hence i have left out Thalaimagan and Dharmapuri

selvakumar
25th October 2006, 09:04 PM
My review :
Please Follow my signature :)

villan007
25th October 2006, 09:37 PM
posted by leosimha in TF section

http://www.indiafm.com/trade/overseas_boxoffice/index.html

luk at the screen averages 8-) ... :bluejump:

thineshan54321
26th October 2006, 06:31 AM
public opinion of varalaau:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/10714.html

Guys, people are mentioning Rahman's mindblowing songs in this vid. Finally after a long time rahman's music is getting noted by ppl. Sivaji is the next tamil release for Rahman, which again willbe a massive hit. So the conclusion, Rahman is the best music director for 2006 (varalaaru) and 2007 (sivaji). This is defined unless the media screws it up like they did with boys. But this time they cant say innisai was too englishy :lol: . Stupid media. They might say its too classical? we'll see, if Rahman doesnt win best music director award for either SOK or godfather i will go mad. These were clearly the best songs this year. No ifs ands or buts :evil: .

thineshan54321
26th October 2006, 07:53 AM
Hey guys, Godfather is one the weirdest Rahman albums till date. The reason why I say this is because, normally with Rahman's album, you will either like it right when audio releases, hate it first but like it later, like it when movie releases. But with Godfather, I liked it when audio released, then i hated it but now I LOVE it! I love all songs in the movie except thotapuram (like it 80%). Others 100% and innisai, 150%. Its jsut really good. I havent watched Godfather yet, I might like it more i watch it. I believe those that say that Rahman's songs r slow poison. While I was hating the songs, the songs were fighting with my inner feelings and slowly grew on me and the hype that the movie created made me go back to the songs. the result: i lost to rahman again. Great yaar!

ajaybaskar
26th October 2006, 10:03 AM
Do you know that the "kaatril" song in Varalaaru was actually composed for another movie?

Its true, guys. It was composed for the film 'Jaggubhai', which never took off. So KS Ravikumar used the song for his next venture, Godfather @ Varalaaru

selvakumar
26th October 2006, 11:39 AM
Do you know that the "kaatril" song in Varalaaru was actually composed for another movie?

Its true, guys. It was composed for the film 'Jaggubhai', which never took off. So KS Ravikumar used the song for his next venture, Godfather @ Varalaaru

:shock: :o :? :oops:

dinesh2002
26th October 2006, 11:50 AM

yupp.... it was mentioned 1 week after Godfather project was started... 8-) ,coz the 1st shooting for GF was Kaatril picturisation, and cinesouth was shocked knowing ARR's film, a song beeing shoot 1st is something miracle... so they came up with thier theory saying ARR reused a tune from Dil Ne Jise Apna Kahaa for Godfather...

rayan36
26th October 2006, 08:29 PM
behindwoods's review

http://www.behindwoods.com//features/Reviews/reviews1/varalaru/varalaru-review.html

Ramakrishna
26th October 2006, 11:27 PM
Just saw Varalaaru public opinion videos.
I was really excited to see ppl apreciating ARR's work after a long time in tamil.
Varalaaru is a big hit. Not only for Ajith, but also for ARR. Good times have started for ARR with GF.

villan007
27th October 2006, 09:11 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/10/27/stories/2006102700060200.htm

ajaybaskar
27th October 2006, 11:08 AM
Maddy, do post your review after watching the film...

ajaybaskar
28th October 2006, 10:23 AM
Black Diwali!

Diwali 2006 is turning out to be a nightmare for all new Tamil releases. There are no big hits and Ajit?s Varalaaru is the only winner among the six releases. Almost a week after Diwali, the rains have washed away all hope of revival.

First and foremost six films should not have released on Diwali day with only two among them Varalaaru and Vallavan taking a good opening. The rest of the releases could not even get a decent initial as the audiences were divided. The trade feels that in future all associations should come to an understanding that not more than four films should release during festival season.

In Chennai city the situation is alarming. Varalaaru which was running to 95 to 100 percent fell on Thursday (Oct 26) to 75 percent due to heavy rains and IndiaVs West Indies cricket match which ate into matinee and evening shows. Vallavan which was doing 80-90 percent have fallen to 60-65 percent. The other releases too have fallen to embarrassingly low levels!

None of the other releases are going to pick up even though some of them carry good word-of-mouth. The problem is that most of the families have run out of money after Diwali and added to that there is no ?Must-see? film. The rains have also added to the problems as collections are dropping at an alarming rate.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14319625

ajaybaskar
28th October 2006, 10:24 AM
Monsoon plays spoilt sport with Diwali releases

As expected the ?North East Monsoon? has set in at the expected time and is raising the level of water in all the major reservoirs of Tamil Nadu. Though this brings cheer to almost everybody, it cannot be said about everyone especially the theatre owners in this metropolis. ?Rain Rain go away, come again another day? seems to be the Mantra of theatre folks these days.

This year Diwali saw the release of six new films in individual as well as multiplex theatres. There were of course the initial hiccoughs related to prints of some films not reaching in time etc. In some theatres few shows were even delayed. When everything seemed to have settled down, there comes the torrential downpour, which is seriously affecting the business.

Multiplex theatres such as Mayajaal, Sathyam and Udhayam are somehow managing but that too with 70% of collections. The theatres that really bore the brunt are the ones, which are secluded and are single like Albert.

As far as Varalaru is concerned, Sathyam complex, Abirami, Mayajaal and Rohini recorded 75% audience yesterday. But Albert in Egmore and Murugan in Ambattur were the worst affected yesterday with 60% audience.

Vallavan in Sathyam, Devi and Sangam witnessed an average response yesterday. But Thiruvanmiyur Thyagaraja and Ambattur Rocky had a shocking response of several rows running empty.

All other movies including E, Thalaimagan and Vattaram recorded less than 60% audience, which had sent shock waves to the industry.

Forecast from the met people indicates rainfall for another 48 hours and that too towards the weekend. This is certain to affect the ticket sales in theatres.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-04/27-10-06-chennai-rain.html

ArulprakasH
28th October 2006, 09:11 PM
THE HINDU's appreciation on ARR's work

Sound technical backing

With five cinematographers sharing the honours, it is an achievement that there are no visible jerks in lighting and colour tones. The camera, costume, colour scheme and Thotta Tharani's backdrop are particularly commendable in the `Kaatril' song sequence. A. R. Rahman's music is another accentuating aspect here. `Theeyil Vizhundha' is a thought-provoking, melodious piece. The dance beats in the background in old Ajit's fight sequences are captivating.

thineshan54321
28th October 2006, 09:11 PM
Wow guys, just watched Godfather last night. It was a friday evening in Canada. It was raining pretty hard, yet me and my two friends went to see the movie at 4 30. Unfortunately, we realized after getting there that the movie doesnt start till 7 30. We had a choice of watching vallavan at 4 30. But everyone agreed that we should wait till 7 30 to watch varalaaru. We went to a chinese restaurant and spent our time eating dinner and playing some cards while waiting. It was 7 20, we rushed to the theatre and took our seats. Crowds came in: families, teenagers, everyone. The movie started at 7 45. Till the intermission, I thought we had wasted our time although the movie was pretty funny and easy going. But we were expecting something towering, so here comes the 2nd half. The 2nd half was full of sentiments, acting, and action. It was just awesome. Theyil kaatril and innisai were featured in the 2nd half. What to say, it was just awesome. I really liked the picturizations for these songs. Ajith's acting was a huge plus point to the movie. While I was watching this movie, the acting was so real that I forgot it was a movie. Oh man, what an expereience. My friends were all amazed by this movie. The BGM deserves another special mention. During the first half Rahman didnt get enough scope for BGMs as it was just fun and pranks. However, when the 2nd half came along, he proved why he is Rahman. The BGMs' genre changed because of the mix of flashback scenes, action etc. But somehow, it all felt like a continuos stream of divine music. The rape scene would have made family viewers a bit uncomfortable, but Rahman with hsi BGM transformed the rape scene being something uncruel and nasty to something divine, which is exactly how it should be in this movie. You will see what I am talking about, when u see the movie. Guys, a must watch! Mark my words! The climax, flashback, BGM, songs, acting. My heart was pounding so hard during the climax, it was so sentimental. Dont wait, go watch it guys. Especially for the guys in India, there is no reason for u guys to not watch it. Even anniyan looks childish compared to this movie. I am not saying Anniyan was bad. There is a difference between Anniyan and Godfather. When you watch anniyan, you are just watching it from outside the screen. But Godfather, the acting was so real that you are part of the movie. It was real good guys, after a long time, a good movie.

Pros (+): MUSIC, ACTING, Direction, Action sequences, CLIMAX, Sentiments

Cons (-): the spacing between songs, a bit of the 1st half not all (songs made the first half so much better), some logic.

Pros + Cons = Pros wins so go watch it!

ArulprakasH
28th October 2006, 09:18 PM
Varalaru and all diwali films faced the rain problem right from the fdfs. Varalaru got 100% opening fighting out the rain only. Sunday shows @ satyam are full (except night show, that too few tickets only available).

MusicIsLife
29th October 2006, 03:46 AM
Ananda Vikatan review is not impressed by ARR music that much

UnlimtedMeals
29th October 2006, 10:40 AM
[tscii:e5c8b5829e]http://www.behindwoods.com//features/Reviews/reviews1/varalaru/varalaru-review.html

"Rahman’s music is worth mentioning in the ‘Innisai’ song, which is often demanded once more in the theatres."

The BGM is criticized in the same review[/tscii:e5c8b5829e]

MrJudge
29th October 2006, 01:16 PM
Heard the deepavali song yesterday on tv. What a waste!

thamizhvaanan
29th October 2006, 01:31 PM
Heard the deepavali song yesterday on tv. What a waste! yeah..... you hearing those songs are such a waste. ARR's songs deserve a much better audience.

MrJudge
29th October 2006, 01:42 PM
Heard the deepavali song yesterday on tv. What a waste! yeah..... you hearing those songs are such a waste. ARR's songs deserve a much better audience.

that's true. that might be the reason no takers for his albums nowadays..... avaru mattum thaan ketkalam, appuram avaru jalras ketkalam :)

muzammil_fr
29th October 2006, 01:46 PM
Vanthuratu da Naataamai, who ask u it's best or not, hahahaha i think, it's u who reviewed in sify.com too, who know.

As i saw GF in Vcd, Film is super Good, Ajith acting Wonderfull, he prouved it :), and picturation done well expect Ilaimai and Kamma Karaiyile as usaul tamil picturation, and i can't Judge on Arr BGM because quality of vcd very poor, so i wait for DVD.

Then i saw Vallavan too, don't know what happend to Simbu, he done beatyfull job in Manmathan, but in Vallavan,
Story = 0
Acting = 0
Logic = 0
Bgm = 0

I think he concerte more on picturation songs, but in yemadi song , he dance little over, it make like a circus.

villan007
29th October 2006, 02:08 PM

better than yemmadi aathaadi crap 8-)

rsubras
29th October 2006, 03:51 PM
villain villain, please judge ah YSR fan nu lam ninaichukatheenga..summa avar antha mask la irukkar avlothan...avarukku ARR mela thaan egapatta kaduppu..... ARR thotha podhum...ARR films fail aana podhum....mathapadi yaaru jeyichalum avarukku santhosam kidayathu :) so judge kaga YSR songs ah mattam thattatheenga..paavam YSR....

villan007
29th October 2006, 04:33 PM
villain villain, please judge ah YSR fan nu lam ninaichukatheenga..summa avar antha mask la irukkar avlothan...avarukku ARR mela thaan egapatta kaduppu..... ARR thotha podhum...ARR films fail aana podhum....mathapadi yaaru jeyichalum avarukku santhosam kidayathu :) so judge kaga YSR songs ah mattam thattatheenga..paavam YSR....

oh avaru character aiye purijinka mudiayaliye :?

Dragun
30th October 2006, 01:59 AM
Muzammil, please don't watch thiruttu VCDs :-)

ajaybaskar
30th October 2006, 11:27 AM

Mr.Judgenu peru vachukittu neengalae ippadi biaseda irukkalama? Unga TV pottila picture varadha? Deepavali song was not my favourite till this deepavali. But after watching Varalaaru, i believe that the song has suited the situation very well. Chumma TVla pathuttu..Sorry..Kettutu comments post pannadheenga..Pls.

ajaybaskar
30th October 2006, 11:33 AM
Vanthuratu da Naataamai, who ask u it's best or not, hahahaha i think, it's u who reviewed in sify.com too, who know.

As i saw GF in Vcd, Film is super Good, Ajith acting Wonderfull, he prouved it :), and picturation done well expect Ilaimai and Kamma Karaiyile as usaul tamil picturation, and i can't Judge on Arr BGM because quality of vcd very poor, so i wait for DVD.

Then i saw Vallavan too, don't know what happend to Simbu, he done beatyfull job in Manmathan, but in Vallavan,
Story = 0
Acting = 0
Logic = 0
Bgm = 0

I think he concerte more on picturation songs, but in yemadi song , he dance little over, it make like a circus.

Sir, neengalae DVDla padam paakkalama? Watch the film in theatre to get the digital experience. Moreover its a fun to watch with audience.

selvakumar
30th October 2006, 11:50 AM
that's true. that might be the reason no takers for his albums nowadays..... avaru mattum thaan ketkalam, appuram avaru jalras ketkalam :)

Do you think the entire world of ajithfans are ARR fans. There are lot of neutral people as well who are loving ILAMAI, INNISAI AND THEEYIL. Go and feel it in the theatres !

and I watched GF for the second time at LakshmiDevi theatre at Hosur. Man !
When I watched it for the first time, I was looking at MY THALA only ! But this time, I was following the BGM all the time !

It is very good ! You can feel it right from the INTRO of VILLAN ajith ! :clap:
I noted lot of difference in the BGM !
May be he might have done very good BGM for other movies in the past. That might be one of the reasons why some people feel like that !

rayan36
30th October 2006, 02:48 PM
I noted lot of difference in the BGM !
May be he might have done very good BGM for other movies in the past. That might be one of the reasons why some people feel like that !

When i watched for the second time yesterday, I've noted closely that the 1st half was full of songs, eventhough there is a gap for BGM it's from ilamai remix or thodapuram. The but as you say selvakumar, villain ajith's BGM was awesome a mix of Theyil Vizhundha and mexican strings. They should've added it in the cd 8-)

selvakumar
30th October 2006, 02:56 PM
When i watched for the second time yesterday, I've noted closely that the 1st half was full of songs, eventhough there is a gap for BGM it's from ilamai remix or thodapuram. The but as you say selvakumar, villain ajith's BGM was awesome a mix of Theyil Vizhundha and mexican strings. They should've added it in the cd 8-)

Yes.. man.. It rocks.. especially the GUITAR + ARR humming makes it special ! :P

villan007
30th October 2006, 03:22 PM

yea... The guitar piece was awesome :P

MADDY
30th October 2006, 04:23 PM
ARR fans....wherever u r, watever u r doing, whenever u get time, and dont ask me why - please watch Varalaaru without fail.....after a long time, i heard once mores/whistles for songs, ppl. singing songs while leaving theatres for a ARR movie.......of late, ARR's movies(and not his music) leave u in such a bad mood that u feel like running out of theatres but not Varalaaru.......AJITH-ARR combo has rocked..... :D

selvakumar
30th October 2006, 05:26 PM
ARR fans....wherever u r, watever u r doing, whenever u get time, and dont ask me why - please watch Varalaaru without fail.....after a long time, i heard once mores/whistles for songs, ppl. singing songs while leaving theatres for a ARR movie.......of late, ARR's movies(and not his music) leave u in such a bad mood that u feel like running out of theatres but not Varalaaru.......AJITH-ARR combo has rocked..... :D

Man, For this movie, the combo (ARR, Ajith and KSR) all the three were underrated and were written off !
They have made the critics to eat a humble pie :wink:
B centre audience (lady audience) love THEEYIL VIZHUNTHA :D very much.

dinesh2002
30th October 2006, 05:42 PM
but frens...i dun see Sun Tv playing the songs ... y????????????????????????????????????????????? its a big hit but i dun see them playing the songs... im so desperate to watch the songs on TV...!!!

selvakumar
30th October 2006, 05:48 PM
but frens...i dun see Sun Tv playing the songs ... y????????????????????????????????????????????? its a big hit but i dun see them playing the songs... im so desperate to watch the songs on TV...!!!

SUNTV has personal hatred towards ajith since he didn't attend the felicitation function given by TF industry to MK.
That is why they are not playing any of his songs just for the sake they play it once or twice in 2-3 days :evil:

MADDY
31st October 2006, 01:15 AM

SUNTV has personal hatred towards ajith since he didn't attend the felicitation function given by TF industry to MK.
That is why they are not playing any of his songs just for the sake they play it once or twice in 2-3 days :evil:

and also TRajendran is a supporter of ruling party.......so sun network wud go any extent to support that simbhu.......but i thot ARR was their pet......hmmm, it seems that their hatred for some is more than their love for others...........

i also heard that one of comperer in sun music channel called Varalaaru a bad movie or something like that.... :evil: .......chaaa, ivalavu openna bias kaatta koodathu.....

Wibha
31st October 2006, 01:51 AM
varalaaru is awesome :cool2: :2thumbsup:

bgm is excellent.Ajith has proved his acting once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MADDY
31st October 2006, 05:01 AM
wow, i'm listening to Innisai non-stop.........it sounds much better after watching the movie........i hope this song becomes the biggest hit of the year....... 8-) ........

this is what hit movies do to a song......they sound great and ppl. start liking it more........

MADDY
31st October 2006, 05:04 AM

i presume u r put up in USA......how has the crowd reaction been to this movie??? is it running full?

Wibha
31st October 2006, 06:09 AM

i presume u r put up in USA......how has the crowd reaction been to this movie??? is it running full?

:( :cry: i didn't go to theatre as there's none near my house.......but in da news paper here i saw it was released..........i don't no bout da crowd

ranarajan
31st October 2006, 06:17 AM
I WAS TO WATCH GODFATER FOR ALL THESE DAYS BUT IT ALL ENDED IN SADDNESS YESTERDAY NITE. IN CANADA TAMIL THREATRE IS 50 KM AWAY FROM MY HOUSE, AND THERE IS NO ONLINE OR PHONE RESERVATIONS, ONE MUST GO DIRECTLY TO PICK IT UP, WHEN I WENT YESTERDAY THE TICKETS WERE ALL SOLD OUT, (ITS GR8 AJITH'S MOVIE IS RUNNING HOUSE FULL) BUT I MISSED BY CHANCE OF SEEING IT IN THEATRE,SO .....UR GUYS ARE GONNA KILL ME...BUT I RENTED THALA'S MOVIE ON A PIRATE COPY AND WATCHED IT.... EVEN WITH THE PIRATE COPY I LOVED IT, THE COPY SKIPPED SOME SCENCES, BUT THE MOVIE WAS GR8, IT WUD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH BETTER IF I HAD WATCHED IT AT THEATRE. OH WELL, IM GONA GO SEE IT AT A THEATRE IN ANOTHER 2 WEEKS, BY THAT TIME THERE WOULD BE LESS ATTENDENCE HOPEFULLY, MOREOVER,IM GONNA GET THE DVD FROM AYNGARAN.

HEY GUYS I WAS WONDERING BY THE WAY DID JI EVER RELEASE ON DVD YET, CUZ I CANT FIND THE ORIGINAL DVD FOR THE MOVIE JI, BY LINGUSAMY.

svaisn
31st October 2006, 08:53 AM
Got a chance to wwatch the movie in chicago...
I am a good(not great) fan of ARR...!!

It was 80% packed house...My expectation were not too high!! I missed first 10 minutes of the movie... didnt get a chance to see illamai.... About the movie, to be frank the first half was pathetic... people were losing patience..... During the interval, people didnt have a good opinion on the movie....... Nothing was good in the first half includng ARR (THottapuram and kammakarai).....

But things really changed after interval.... fabulous acting by 'THALA' (Ajith) 3 great songs of ARR (Thheeyil, Kaatril, Inisai), good narration (flashback), Kanika, ARR BGM, PC sreeram on the songs and the flashback scenes......

Overall it was a decent show put up by Ajith and ARR... but it was KSR's fault for leaving the first half loose... it was full of bits and pieces.......

Overall, the moving is worth watching for the second half......

This is something which i felt after watching the movie., Not intended to hurt anybody....

selvakumar
31st October 2006, 09:21 AM
and also TRajendran is a supporter of ruling party.......so sun network wud go any extent to support that simbhu.......but i thot ARR was their pet......hmmm, it seems that their hatred for some is more than their love for others...........

i also heard that one of comperer in sun music channel called Varalaaru a bad movie or something like that.... :evil: .......chaaa, ivalavu openna bias kaatta koodathu.....

TR :lol: He is a supporter of the ruling party.. yes.. now it is DMK and so he is supporting. But I think he keeps a good understanding with SUNTV and makes it.
Maddy, You are correct. I also heard that one of the VJs in SUN MUSIC called varalaaru a bad movie. Plus ! They have got the complete rights for the movie and they are telecasting the not so good songs (Kamma karayil etc). Other channels are not permitted to telecast the scens :x
They have done everything to supress the success of varalaaru
Even then Varalaaru is giving a tough time for them :D

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Star Ajith Kumar once again proved that he is the opening king of the box-office. His recently released Varalaaru (Godfather) earned 10.2 crores in the first two days.

Super star Rajinikanth?s Chandramukhi earned 8.9 crores, Illayathalapathy Vijay?s Ghilli grossed 7.6 crores in 3 days.

Ajith has starred in three different roles in this movie for the first time in his career. Director K.S. Ravikumar has presented this movie in his own style to the Tamil audience.

The big plus for the movie is the music, by young genius A.R. Rahman.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/6376/news/Ajith.html

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:20 AM
Galatta.com's review-Varalaaru

After the success of his dual roles in Valee, Ajit has reached yet another landmark in his career by playing three different roles in Varalaru. Director K.S. Ravikumar has presented this movie in his own style to the Tamil audience.

The story revolves around the three characters which Ajit has given life to and made them interesting. Ajit plays the roles of father and his twin sons, in a story that has lot of thrilling twists and turns which keep the audience glued to their seats.

Taking the advice of millionaire dad Sivashankar, (Ajit as the father), fun-loving son Vishnu (Ajit as the older son) who enjoys the good life in the city, moves to a village to help the people there and thereby make his life more meaningful. He meets a charming young girl Divya (Asin) and both fall in love with each other. Their love story reaches the stage of marriage with the acceptance of both the families.

The turn in the story comes through the 3rd character of Ajit. When the preparation for the marriage of Vishnu and Divya is on full-swing, Jeeva (Ajit as the younger son), who looks just like Vishnu, creates a ruckus in the well-planned marriage arrangements.

Sivashankar, physically challenged and in a wheelchair, thinks that Vishnu has caused this mess and is confused and ashamed of his son?s act. When he realizes that it is Jeeva and not Vishnu behind all this, the story moves to Sivashankar?s past?

Sivashankar, an exponent of Bharatnatyam, develops effeminate mannerisms due to his devotion to his craft. This sort of confusing body language becomes the reason for Siva not being able to find a bride to complete his life.

Finally, Kanika?s character agrees to marry Siva, but only because of a picture shown to her, unknowing as she is of Siva?s mannerisms. She walks out on him on the day of the wedding, infuriating the much-thwarted and rejected Sivashankar. In a flash of anger, passion and thirst for revenge, Siva seeks her out and forces himself on her.

Vishnu and Jeeva are the result of this unhappy union, where Vishnu gets taken away to be raised by Siva, unknown to him that another son is waiting to see the world just minutes behind Vishnu.

Is the blood thirst of Jeeva satisfied?

Do Vishnu and Divya finally join hands?

What happens to Siva and his relationship with his angry young son Jeeva?

What happens to Jeeva?

K.S. Ravikumar plays with the audience?s minds and attention and the climax brings him much ovation from the audience.

The director?s screenplay, the myriad emotions and roles of Ajit, the beauty of Asin ? all form a nice combination in the movie.

The big plus for the movie is the music, by young genius A. R. Rahman. The audience is pulled to the edge of their seats in last 45 minutes of the screenplay. Asin has done her part well. The entire movie has been shouldered by Ajit in his tri?appearance as father as a dancer, his own sons Vishnu and Jeeva, who?s personalities are as opposite as fire and water.

The comedy part of the movie is taken care by Ramesh Kanna and team.

Varalaru has taken a long time to release, but will be remembered long!

Galatta?s vote: 3 thumbs up for Ajit and 3 more for Asin, KSR and A.R. Rahman!

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:25 AM

Maddy, where were u for the last 3 days? Got caught with 'Varalaaru' fever? How was the chennai trip and Varalaaru? Hope u enjoyed the movie to the core.

Who cares about Sun TV's reviews these days? I've already watched the movie in Chennai, Trichy and Tanjore and the crowd response was unbelievable, particularly for the songs..

Gr8 going ARR!! Hope his rhythm continues to enthrall TFM..

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:48 AM
Varalaru breaks the jinx
Saturday October 28 2006 13:38 IST

With its record collection over the Deepavali week, Varalaru, directed by K S Ravikumar, has
also broken the jinx that films which are long in the making do not fare well at the box
office.

When Vettaiyadu Vilayadu and Perarasu were released, after much delay, due to various problems,
the prevalent feeling was that the film would not do well.

Kollywood is after all sentiment driven. However, both these films did well at the box office.

With a print run of 194 for the markets of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and FMS (overseas), and running
in 100 theatres in the State, Varalaru is making history of sorts.

There were apprehensions when Varalaru, which was beset by problems galore, finally released
for Deepavali.

But these were proved to be unfounded, with unflagging audience interest in the film.

Director Ravikumar has rejuvenated Ajit?s career with a family story, while Ajit has defied
convention and dared to don a hero?s role, in which he had to portray a dancer who appears
effeminate to those around him.

Industry pundits are already predicting that collections would be at least 60 per cent of
Chandramukhi.

However, Ravikumar, was categorical, ?I do not want comparisons, I only want a hit, that is
all.?

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 11:09 AM
http://www.madurai.co.in/moviesandmusic/intheatres.asp

july
31st October 2006, 12:42 PM
Godfather is superb movie..i just watched it !!! oh man..Arr music make me mesmerazing especially Innisai..
hope Arr accept more project from KS Ravikumar..till now none of KS Ravikumar movie with Arr music dissapoint us...

rayan36
31st October 2006, 02:14 PM
looks like dinesh will be proud of his ringtone :wink:

k_vanan
31st October 2006, 02:20 PM
i wish ARR not make mistake again to do KSR movie, he no sense of music compare to other directors. i realy don't like this GF songs accept Innisai. i think better ARR allocate that times to compose music to other new directors exp: krishna SOK.

MADDY
31st October 2006, 02:36 PM
i wish ARR not make mistake again to do KSR movie, he no sense of music compare to other directors. i realy don't like this GF songs accept Innisai. i think better ARR allocate that times to compose music to other new directors exp: krishna SOK.

yeanpaaaa :shock: ........namma Rahman sandhosama irukkaradhu pudikaliya??? any new director but not krishna......that guy cant make lively movies for sure..... :oops:

Renault
31st October 2006, 02:44 PM
I agree with k_vanan's point. SEOK was miles ahead of Varalaaru songs.

Renault
31st October 2006, 02:45 PM
but krishna is not the director to go for.. for sure.

selvakumar
31st October 2006, 02:59 PM

na... :lol: vaanga.. Seems like your friend sify has elevated Ajith to the status of ADAM GILCHRIST rather than your favorite sehway :lol:
Since you believe sify, I hope you won't doubt about him anymore !

BTW, You want SOK than Varalaaru ! Right ? Why.. just to give time for your friends (YSR fans) to take a dig at ARR. :lol:
Remember, It is GF which had brought the three back (Ajith, ARR and KSR) :lol:

When people speak about ARR's great works, you people question on the BO results !
when people speak about BO results (Varalaaru) you people speak about quality ! :lol:

vaazhga sana naayagam !

dinesh2002
31st October 2006, 03:07 PM
looks like dinesh will be proud of his ringtone :wink:

ohh me?? my ringtone?? i put 2 parts of Munbe va...so people who call me GETS to listen to it...hehe 8-) ...def im proud of it !!

dinesh2002
31st October 2006, 03:17 PM
hmmm....so they NEVER played Innisai song yet on tv???? which bloody Vj said that Varaalaaru was a bad movie??????

selvakumar
31st October 2006, 03:30 PM
hmmm....so they NEVER played Innisai song yet on tv???? which bloody Vj said that Varaalaaru was a bad movie??????

some SORNAKKA :lol2: (courtesy : maaps :lol: :clap: )

Renault
31st October 2006, 04:14 PM

na... :lol: vaanga.. Seems like your friend sify has elevated Ajith to the status of ADAM GILCHRIST rather than your favorite sehway :lol:

BTW, You want SOK than Varalaaru ! Right ? Why.. just to give time for your friends (YSR fans) to take a dig at ARR. :lol:

When people speak about ARR's great works, you people question on the BO results !
when people speak about BO results (Varalaaru) you people speak about quality ! :lol:

vaazhga sana naayagam !

You have summed it up nicely.. vaazhga sana naayagam

that's all i can say...

yvsmani
31st October 2006, 04:15 PM
innisai and dhinam dhinam deepavali are quite excellent - one carnatic and another folk.
kaatril - quite good melody.
somehow I am not happy with the picturisation of dhinam dhinam. anyway, its a good decent album from ARR

rayan36
31st October 2006, 06:23 PM
hmmm....so they NEVER played Innisai song yet on tv????

suntv turned into politics??????? :argh: :curse:

MADDY
31st October 2006, 08:14 PM

vaazhga sana naayagam !

You have summed it up nicely.. vaazhga sana naayagam

that's all i can say...

i'll tell u y u rate SOK better than GF Renault??? bcos SOK did badly at BO and was not a threat to YSR's place which suits you fine........whereas GF's amazing hit is indeed a shocker to YSR and his fans......and tell u wat, if ARR churns out 2-3 more hits, YSR will be in a bad state........

selva, u r right on the button :lol: - i dunno y they
ask for quality for a BO success
ask for BO success for a quality work.....nice point

renault, better luck next time....... :D

btw, was this the first direct clash betn ARR and ysr??? i mean their movie releasing on the same day???

rsubras
31st October 2006, 09:35 PM
GF's amazing hit is indeed a shocker to YSR and his fans.

hehe this is as much as a comedy as if some one says Vettaiyadu Vilayadu's hit is a shock to ARR and his camp
YSR has more than done his part in Vallavan...if simbu messes it up what more can he do..... go and suggest changes in the screenplay is it?

and this is actually a very disturbing trend....... lets say when kireedam and sakkarakatti releases parallely and kireedam as a film bcomes bigger hit than sakkarakatti, appo intha dialogue ah namma kittaye solluvanga......ithu thevaiya :)

Renault
31st October 2006, 10:16 PM
Hey MADDY and Selva.. lemme clear the cloud here.. I am not a ARR basher and also not a YSR glorifier.. I am just a TFM lover.

If u read my posts carefully.. I have commented on KSR's inability to get quality music from ARR.. except Swasame in Thenali of course.

Hope u guys get me straight here.

MADDY
1st November 2006, 01:26 AM
YSR has more than done his part in Vallavan...if simbu messes it up what more can he do..... go and suggest changes in the screenplay is it?

and this is actually a very disturbing trend....... lets say when kireedam and sakkarakatti releases parallely and kireedam as a film bcomes bigger hit than sakkarakatti, appo intha dialogue ah namma kittaye solluvanga......ithu thevaiya :)

subras, u r talking as if nobody is making fun of ARR's BO failures in the hub??? anyways, they are going to make fun of ARR's failures and feel happy abt it, so y not i shuld reply back to them when they have their backs to the wall??? i know tit-for-tat is wrong but when it comes to supporting ARR, everything is right :) ..........

moreover, YSR support panna avaroda fans, IR fans, ARR fans like u are there but namma ARR-a support panna naama mattum dhaan irukkom :cry: ......so dont feel so bad for u1.......

renault, just trying to pull ur leg here :wink: .......but GF was good in a sense that ppl. will atleast now think twice b4 calling ARR a BO dud......

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:24 AM
Yuvan is already running thro a bad patch. He has maintained the same style throughout his career and that has led to his downfall. Once his 'Aasai nooru vagai' remix bcame a hit, he continued the same trend in his next movies. Now it has bcome a boredom. this year, he has only one hit to his credit,Vallavan.

But look at our ARR. He has managed to be in the no.1 position for nearly 4 months with his SOK, which is a flop at the BO. With the success of GF at the BO, he is all set to regain his throne in TFM.

Aayiram kaigal maraithalum aadhavan maraivadhillai...

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 11:11 AM
This week's kungumam has stated that Varalaaru's 'Innisai' is good but not as impressive as 'Ra..ra' from Chandramukhi. I dont know how these guys make such silly comparisons.

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 11:22 AM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2006/varalaru.asp

dinesh2002
1st November 2006, 05:22 PM
This week's kungumam has stated that Varalaaru's 'Innisai' is good but not as impressive as 'Ra..ra' from Chandramukhi. I dont know how these guys make such silly comparisons.

they cant digest ARR composed a bette score than Raa raa...im not telling Raa Raa is a bad song... but i fel Innisai has more classical feel than Raa Raa...i felt Raa raa had many cut & paste from various old IR's number.... not to mention the music arrangements also... but Innisai had something fresh...from the male vocal up to the ending where Naresh goes " innisai alapadaiyeeee" and the male vocal behind backing him up with some amazing " thakathikidha...."...gave me the goosebumps !!! :wink:

dinesh2002
1st November 2006, 05:28 PM
Varalaaru

Acting for the first time in three roles, Ajith has done a hat trick of success.

The father Ajith is confined to a wheelchair for life. The son Ajith is irresponsible and his father sends him to Ooty to do some work for him. There he meets Asin and falls in love with her.

Their betrothal takes place in Chennai. Once he goes inebriated to Asin's house and creates a racket. He continues behaving like a riff raff and gets worse by the day.

Father Ajith can't understand why his son, who is a good boy, is behaving so badly and arranges for him to have medical treatment. He gets shock treatment accordingly for mental disorder. Son Ajith cannot understand why he is being tortured like this when he has done no wrong.

He manages to escape from the hospital and goes home where he tries to kill his father. Much to the surprise of the audience, the father who has remained confined till now in his wheelchair, gets up suddenly and starts to fight.

Why does the son come to kill the father? Why did the father suddenly start walking like normal? The answers are provided through interesting knots in the flashback and the film ends on a happy note.

If one thought such roles would suit only big actors like Kamal, Ajith has proved that he is fully capable of doing a great job too. With his inspired acting and facial nuances, Ajith has overtaken his other younger colleagues and is thirsting for more such challenging roles.

His abhinaya and movements of a Bharatanatyam dancer are so natural that it gives one goose bumps!

After he rapes Kanika, he says, "One can dance and show one's dancing prowess; one can sing and show one's singing capability; one can work and show what one is capable of; but when challenged with proving if one's a man? That's why..." All the implications in the unfinished conversation had the theatre resounding with whistles for Ajith's acting.

As son Ajith's leading lady, Asin has a couple of opportunities to act. She impresses only in the songs. As a mentally ill person, Kanika shows her acting brilliance through her eyes in some scenes.

Rehman has given a soulful tune for the sad, touching song Ajith sings despondently on seeing his mother's plight.

The director should be congratulated for giving Ajith ample scope for histrionics that prove his acting credibility. If he had maintained the suspense without revealing the presence of another Ajith before intermission, drawbacks of the first half could have been avoided.

Ajith's victory in 'Varalaaru' will continue.

Wow... Fantastic acting by Ajith

Screenplay of second half

Direction of KS Ravikumar

AR Rehman's music

Slightly dim cinematography

http://www.cinesouth.com/scopes/reviews/new/godfather.shtml

rayan36
1st November 2006, 07:14 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2006/varalaru.asp

one line explains it all

8 padalgal, 8um edhutikum. olikum. inikum padalgal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rsubras
1st November 2006, 08:53 PM
probably they would have told regd the picturisation..if so any day ra ra picturisation is better than innisai.....

innisai music in CM for ra ra song would have been the ultimate :D

MADDY
1st November 2006, 11:05 PM
probably they would have told regd the picturisation..if so any day ra ra picturisation is better than innisai.....

:shock: :shock: .............Ajith's dancing in this song is the highlight of the movie........he danced better than Jyothika in ra ra......

Nerd
2nd November 2006, 02:53 AM
Ajith's dancing was awesome alrite. rsubras was probabaly talking about rajini's vettairAjA scenes in that song. Those scenes were fantastic and aided the movie to become the biggest blockbuster of all time !!

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2006, 10:40 AM
Varalaaru still holds good at the BO.

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14321964

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2006, 11:04 AM
Malaysia BO Top Ten

Malaysia Box Office Top Ten
19 Oct 2006 - 25 Oct 2006

01 Varalaaru (Godfather) (T)
02 Open Season
03 Rob-B-Hood (C)
04 World Trade Center
05 Prestige
06 Storm Breaker
07 Nothing Is Impossible (C)
08 John Tucker Must Die
09 Don (H)
10 Silk (Mand/Jap)

http://www.gsc.com.my

ajaybaskar
2nd November 2006, 11:07 AM
With Varalaaru, ARR-KSR Combo seems to be in par with ARR-Shankar combo. All their four films have turned out to be blockbusters.

1. Muthu (1995)
2. Padayappa (1999)
3. Thenali (2000)
4. Varalaaru (2006)

rsubras
2nd November 2006, 11:52 AM
nah nah..am not comparing rajini with ajith..... nor ajith's dancing with jyothika's.....basically the picturisation looked kindah bad (esp in the dream sequence where various ppl dance bfore kanika) graphics could have been a lot more better in this movie imho... :)

imsai
2nd November 2006, 12:08 PM
:rotfl: nice try..

Innisai was more colourful.. if you thinkt he graphics and the dream sequence wasn't picturized well, then what do you think about the graphics in raa raa? raa raa started well but later on ended up as :oops:

since you added an imho, we'll leave it that way

MADDY
2nd November 2006, 02:23 PM
Innisai was more colourful.. if you thinkt he graphics and the dream sequence wasn't picturized well, then what do you think about the graphics in raa raa? raa raa started well but later on ended up as :oops:

yes dude......Innisai is any day better song and was picturised better than Ra ra......when i first heard this song , i knew comparisons wud be drawn betn this song and ra ra song....

as dinesh pointed out , ra ra song style was composed by IR many times b4.........

selvakumar
2nd November 2006, 05:55 PM
:shock:
Ra.Ra.Ra a better song than Innisai :lol:
It might have been the most popular among the two since no TV channel is telecasting Innisai coz of f**** work from SUNTV ! :P
Innisai is miles ahead of Ra.Ra.Ra.
The only thing which lifted that song was the *GHOST STORY* + Vettaiya Raja + Kundu eyes of Jyo.
Plus ! Innisai has little graphics when compared to Ra3

Nerd
2nd November 2006, 08:53 PM
rA rA was the song which is almost soleley responsible for the monsterous hit of CM. The tense situation, Jo's actions and thalaivar's stupendous performance elevated that song to great heights. In innisai except ajith's dance, the background scenes and kanika's dance are pathetic and the remix beats are pathetic as well. Just noise.

Theeyil vizhundha and innisai original are THE songs of varalaaru !!

imsai
2nd November 2006, 09:44 PM
:shock:
Ra.Ra.Ra a better song than Innisai :lol:
It might have been the most popular among the two since no TV channel is telecasting Innisai coz of f**** work from SUNTV ! :P
Innisai is miles ahead of Ra.Ra.Ra.
The only thing which lifted that song was the *GHOST STORY* + Vettaiya Raja + Kundu eyes of Jyo.
Plus ! Innisai has little graphics when compared to Ra3

Exactly. raa raa wasn't bad but not better than Innisai. After the inroduction of vettaiyan, lots of graphics were used and it didn't look any better.. and there was a saamiyaar and the noise he makes :( . it was silly.. I don't know why people make this comparisions :?

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 11:26 AM
No promotion, No hype, collections drop!

Why is it that Tamil producers ignore their films after release? They are just not interested in promoting or giving it publicity after release. The two Diwali biggies- Varalaaru and Vallavan had no publicity before or after its troubled release!

Take Vallavan as our case study- There has been no effort from its producer P.L.Thenappan to boost the film through publicity. Its hero Silambarasan has switched off his mobile and spread word that he is on a holiday to US, while he is cooling his heels at home in Chennai!

Thenappan refuses to answer any calls, while heroine Reema Sen has not only distanced herself from the movie but is blasting Simbu in her interviews! Nayanthara is not in Chennai and she has moved on to her other projects in Telugu and has no time for promoting the film.

In spite of this Vallavan is doing reasonable well in A stations. If the film had been promoted aggressively on television, print and net and if they had conducted road shows, it would have been a super hit!

In the case of Varalaaru, the producer, hero and director are not willing to talk about the film. It is a genuine hit on the basis of Ajit?s strong fan base. But unfortunately he is the only actor in the world cinema who never promotes his films, give television bytes, or interviews in an electronic age! He believes that people should pay money and come to the theatres to watch him!

All these Kollywood actors who believe that their fans will promote their films should take a leaf out of King Khan?s phenomenal promotional blitzerg. Shahrukh has a bigger fan following worldwide than all Kollywood actors put together. His Don carried negative reports before its release but the man worked round the clock, gave interviews (a record 53!) to almost all leading channels, publications and internet sites in the country and aggressively promoted the film. This helped Don get a worldwide distributors share of Rs 72 Crore in its opening week! Phenomenal!

Meanwhile the new-age heroes Arya and Jeeva are on aggressive promotional tours to boost their respective films. Vattaram team of Saran and Arya are seen on various channels and was in Vijay TV studio as special guests in ?Koffee with Anu? talk show.

Jeeva and director Jananadhan have appeared in almost all channels gushing about E. And on the advice of Papa, R.B.Chowdary its producer, they even went on a road show to various small towns in Tamilnadu like Erode, Tirupur and Madurai.

In modern times what matters most is promotion and hype around a film that enables it to get the best opening weekend collections. Let us hope that Kollywood stars wake up to reality and start promoting their films like a Sharukh Khan or Aamir Khan does in Bollywood.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14322668

Why is this happening,guys? By promoting a film well, even crap movies have been transformed to hits. Then y shud Ajith avoid varallaru?

ansa400
3rd November 2006, 11:43 AM
Donno whats the problem with sify,, the producers, actors themselves are not worried about the collections, why the hell r they 2 concerned? Do they expect them to beg the public to come and watch the film...huh.. I think in the case of Varalaaru - No promotion, No hype, yet a super hit!!

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 11:49 AM
Donno whats the problem with sify,, the producers, actors themselves are not worried about the collections, why the hell r they 2 concerned? Do they expect them to beg the public to come and watch the film...huh.. I think in the case of Varalaaru - No promotion, No hype, yet a super hit!!

Varalaaru is a super hit. But more promotion for the movie wll make it a bigger hit na.