PDA

View Full Version : Varalaaru By ARRahman - Vairamuthu - KS Ravikumar

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Guess_Me
17th February 2006, 03:06 PM
I thought it sounded more like Snehithane (Alaipayuthey) and Yenge enathu kavithai (Kandukondain)

villan007
17th February 2006, 03:13 PM
cassettes and cd s released all over TN 8-)
dunno abt other places :oops:

sanje
17th February 2006, 03:26 PM
sumone upload pleaseeeee

Ramakrishna
17th February 2006, 03:53 PM
Have the songs come online

rashid2raj
17th February 2006, 04:04 PM
Have the songs come online

Not yet..

Djpak
17th February 2006, 04:42 PM
www.djpak.1go.dk

Just uploaded the first track
ILAMAI (Remix) - Sureshpeters/Blaaze

Buy the Org cd ! 8-)
Cyaa

mani234
17th February 2006, 05:58 PM
innisai
kaatril
deepavali songs r awesome

theeyil by arr is very haunting superb!!!

kama karrai a mass song will surely be the catchy one among the masala songs!!!

mani234
17th February 2006, 06:04 PM
i got the cassettes
can anyone upload the mp3's

reagan87
17th February 2006, 06:06 PM
Illamai is good and the surprise package is Suresh Peter's return after such a long time. Miss him ya !

By the way, Godfather audio will be releasing in Malaysia next week though not specific but for TamilNadu, it has been released. All CD's are out today.

Haven't heard the full album yet but it seems to be good and refreshing.

sanje
17th February 2006, 06:23 PM
guyz listen to it at raaga.com

sanchay
17th February 2006, 06:43 PM
Godfather audio: Music shops report above average sales!! February 17, 2006

The audiocassettes of the Godfather have finally hit the stands. The CD and cassette covers feature Ajith in varied get ups from Godfather. To his fans, they are simply superb! Going by the initial trends, the sales are above average. But then, that is the way with any Rahman blockbuster. The music shops such as Landmark, Music World, Connexions however say, the sales are good, standing next to Chandramukhi in the chart. Ajith must be euphoric indeed, looking at the way, his fans are going on in a promo campaign. It is hoped that Godfather will perform better than Paramasivan. If it does, it will be a second coming for Ajith.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-06-04/17-02-06-ajith.html

sanchay
17th February 2006, 06:43 PM
Godfather audio: Music shops report above average sales!! February 17, 2006

The audiocassettes of the Godfather have finally hit the stands. The CD and cassette covers feature Ajith in varied get ups from Godfather. To his fans, they are simply superb! Going by the initial trends, the sales are above average. But then, that is the way with any Rahman blockbuster. The music shops such as Landmark, Music World, Connexions however say, the sales are good, standing next to Chandramukhi in the chart. Ajith must be euphoric indeed, looking at the way, his fans are going on in a promo campaign. It is hoped that Godfather will perform better than Paramasivan. If it does, it will be a second coming for Ajith.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/feb-06-04/17-02-06-ajith.html

dinesh2002
17th February 2006, 06:58 PM
guyz listen to it at raaga.com

cool songs... :D:D:D i cant wait to get my cd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inetk
17th February 2006, 08:00 PM
Nachendru 100 vaarthai.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Karthik

baba88
17th February 2006, 08:48 PM
deleted by mod..

rashid2raj
17th February 2006, 08:56 PM
edited by mod

sad
17th February 2006, 09:03 PM
Hi guys,

finally Godfather Audio is out.
You can download the songs at www.Tamilmp3tracks.com
and listen to them at www.raaga.com online.

I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THIS AFTER A WHOLE YEAR !!!
ENJOY !!!

Be proud to spoil someones bussines and spread piracy :!:

Be OrigiNaL.... Buy OrigiNaL

Guess_Me
17th February 2006, 09:54 PM
I think those who want to buy the original CDs will buy it at any cost. Similiarly those who want to download will download at any cost. Even if one site doesnt host it, he will get it from another.

But original is always original. And you can be proud that you supported the music industry and ARR himself.

lancelot
17th February 2006, 10:01 PM
I think those who want to buy the original CDs will buy it at any cost. Similiarly those who want to download will download at any cost. Even if one site doesnt host it, he will get it from another.

But original is always original. And you can be proud that you supported the music industry and ARR himself.

:thumbsup:
hehe
:D

Scale
17th February 2006, 10:22 PM

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Adding to Guess_me's sensible post, This doesnt happens only to ARR. We need to admit & its for everyone. Loyal fans will never encourage piracy.

GF CD's cost is just INR-95. Is that not affordable? Shameless! What are these guys benefitting in uploading new albums? Why dont they realize how much it pains for a creator. Whoever downloads just realize how it would be if your boss hold 1 month of your salary for all your time and work spent. We always have the option of listening to it online (raaga) and decide whether to buy it or not! We are just being a part of appreciation for their day&night hard work.

Ultimately, an album which is more than satisfying have been lying under prodn for more than 2 yrs. Thanks to NIC Arts Chakraborthy atleast he released it after so much struggle. Cud have been shelved. :cry:

Karthik, No credits to the lyricist. :(

rashid2raj
17th February 2006, 10:26 PM

:clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

Adding to Guess_me's sensible post, This doesnt happens only to ARR. We need to admit & its for everyone. Loyal fans will never encourage piracy.

GF CD's cost is just INR-95. Is that not affordable? Shameless! What are these guys benefitting in uploading new albums? Guys! just realize how much it pains if your boss hold 1 month of your salary. We always have the option of listening to it online (raaga) and decide to buy it or not! We are just being a part of appreciation for their day&night hard work.

Ultimately, an album which is more than satisfying have been lying under prodn for more than 2 yrs. Thanks to NIC Arts Chakraborthy atleast he released it after so much struggle. Cud have been shelved. :cry:

Karthik, No credits to the lyricist. :(

True words ..

lancelot
17th February 2006, 10:52 PM
this is realy bad... not even a day has passed... allready it is in a lot of sites.....
this is realy bad.....and it's very good quality....

hehe

NormalMan
18th February 2006, 12:06 AM
Romba romba sumaar album ....

Ramakrishna
18th February 2006, 12:16 AM
Romba romba sumaar album ....

If u listen to it 2nd or 3rd time, you will say that it is the best album of the year so far.

NormalMan
18th February 2006, 01:07 AM
If u listen to it 2nd or 3rd time, you will say that it is the best album of the year so far.

Oru thadavaye kashtamaa irundudhu ..... idulae enga 2nd or 3rd time .... :lol:

sanchay
18th February 2006, 01:18 AM
Another good Album by A.R RAHMANJI !

sanchay
18th February 2006, 01:20 AM
Kartil song is look like the song Nee dan en desiya keedam in PARTHALE PARAVASAM !

svaisn
18th February 2006, 03:22 AM
The album is Good...

but not ARRs best...

may he would thught... this will do for KSR...

Kaatril picturisation is not very appealing..... should have used asin better :-))

Thiru
18th February 2006, 05:46 AM
Listened to the entire album... Its a decent album.. I'm hooked to Innisai and Ilamai.. Kaatril and Theeyil are good too.. kammamariyile and deepavali will cater to the masala loving crowd...

Innisai stands out from the rest of the songs.. The version with the dappanguthu music could have been avoided...

arsaregama
18th February 2006, 06:59 AM
Album rocks .a usual rahman album which grows on u after repeated hearing .always rahman's first hearing makes u feel tht its not upto the mark but later u remember bits and pieces of a song .when u hear it again it makes an impression .As far as now the album's reviews r good .

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arsaregama

Thiru
18th February 2006, 09:01 AM
Innisai, Innisai-remix and Ilamai.. :clap: :clap:

Kaatril and Theeyil :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Deepavali, Kammakariyile and ilamai-remix :banghead: :banghead:

dinesh2002
18th February 2006, 09:20 AM
[tscii:e64e1ce838]`Godfather` audio released!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 18 February , 2006, 08:00

Finally after nearly two years after it was conceived, K.S.Ravikumar’s Godfather has woken up from its deep slumber. On Friday (Feb 17) the audio of this Ajit starrer with music by A.R.Rahman was released without any fanfare in Chennai’s music shops.
The songs by Rahman are sure going to be popular in the coming days. Die-hard Rahman fans have been asking for the album which has been publicised a week before its actual launch.

An emotionally charged Ravikumar who has been fighting against all odds to get Godfather project through said: “We wanted the music to be popular before the release and all the songs are going to be chartbusters”. The buzz is that a Mumbai based corporate has shown interest in the project and may help release the film in theatres.

The latest we hear is that Godfather may grace the theatres on or before March 17 as per agreement with AVM who wants to release Ajit’s next film Tirupathi on April 14, Tamil New Year Day.

The idea is that there should be a gap of at least one month between both the releases. And if Godfather cannot make it to the theatres by March 17, then it can release only by May end.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14143627[/tscii:e64e1ce838]

A.ANAND
18th February 2006, 10:59 AM
wowwwwww!katril,ilamai,deepavali really rocks...overall gf is good album from arr but not the best like RDB,AE,KKS...PADAM HIT AANA SONGSELLAM SURE SUPERHIT..KAVALA PADATHINGGA PADAM NITHCAYAM BO AAGUM....

Dragun
18th February 2006, 02:58 PM
In which song do Ghulam Murtaza Khan and Ghulam Qader Khan do harmony?

Guess_Me
18th February 2006, 03:00 PM
[tscii:a33455537b]Review by Behindwoods.com
Rahman proves why he is the Godfather of music (http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Musicreviews/godfather/godfather%20music%20review.html)

“I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse”, said Marlon Brando famously in the cult classic movie Godfather. Now, we aren’t going to the extent of comparing K.S. Ravikumar’s upcoming movie of the same name (starring Ajith and Asin) with arguably the greatest movie of all time (let’s reserve judgment after we have actually seen the film). However, as far as Rahman’s music is concerned, he really has given a score you can’t ignore, if not refuse.

But we are getting ahead of ourselves here…
1. Ilamai (Aslam, Tanvi, Shalini)

The album kicks off with arguably the pick of the lot, Ilamai. This is a very feel-good, fast paced track that immediately makes you shake your head and tap your feet to its infectious beats. No doubt, this is the track that the youth will make their own, and I can just foresee it being blasted off loudspeakers in cars and FM stations. Rahman’s vintage style is evident in this track’s catchy rhythms.
As it has almost become a tradition with all his albums, we also get to hear a remix version of the song by Blaaze. However, the rather-too-short remix does not capture the magic of the original – plus Blaaze’s technically “compressed” voice in the background does get rather annoying.

2. Theeyil Vizhundathey (AR Rahman)

The next song features Rahman himself lending his voice to Theeyil Vizhundathey. This very somber piece of music has heavy Arabic influences, and Rahman’s modulating voice appropriately captures the soulful mood required for the song. But after a few listens, you tend to have the nagging feeling that you have heard a similar song in his own Alaipayuthe.

3. Kaatril (SPB, Sadhana Sargam, Bharadwaj)

Kaatril is a track that features Sadhana Sargam in a very polished performance, along the incomparable voice of S.P. Balasubramanium. This is one of those tracks that you might just ignore on the first listen, but as nearly always with most of his albums, this song “grows” on you after a while.

4. Thothapuram (Kalpana, Sonukakar, Leon James, Peer Mohamed, Ranjith)

Somehow, the song Thothapuram, on the flip side, disappoints – it doesn’t quite strike me as anything out of the ordinary. We have heard songs of this nature a lot of times before in Tamil films, and there is nothing much to talk about. Of course, it is fairly good, but you don’t normally expect Rahman to give “fairly good” songs.

5. Innisai (Naresh, Mahathi)

After Ilamai, the other song which is truly worth Rahman’s name is Innisai. This song features beautifully orchestrated Indian classical music, given a Rahman-esque touch – and that is enough to tell you that this track works big time. The very feel of this song is grandiose and extravagant, and I have the feeling that this track would sound even better when watched on the big screen. Innisai also comes with a remix adaptation, and surprisingly, even the remix is wonderful on the ears.

6. Kamma Karaiyil (Naresh, Sowmiya)

We have Kamma Karaiyil as the final track of the album. This is the sort of “street-smart” song that we have seen so often in Vijay-starrers – however, Vijay didn’t have the luxury to have a genius like Rahman scoring his music. Therefore, even though this genre is well-known, the song is pretty nice to hear – familiar, but refreshingly different. A great way to close a memorable album.

The trouble with reviewing a Rahman album is that you always have to redefine what “good” is. Impressive as that may sound, that’s not always a good thing. We have seen the maestro delivering some of the most unforgettable tracks that Indian cinema has ever heard, so even when he lets his guard down just a tiny little bit, you feel the difference immediately.

So even though Godfather is an otherwise superior album, some purists may argue that it does not reach the elite standard that Rahman has set for himself. That may be true, but compared to the kind of film music that is churned out week after week, Rahman is still leagues ahead of them. This year’s super success with the sublimely beautiful Rang de Basanti showed that Rahman has still not lost his touch – and now Godfather proves it once again. [/tscii:a33455537b]

callmeshyam
18th February 2006, 03:10 PM
The Theeyile song start has a striking resemblance to "Kabhi Dil Mile Dil Mile" from Yaadien. Did anybody feel the same way?

Scale
18th February 2006, 06:41 PM
Ilamai, Innisai & its remix rocks bigtime :thumbsup: :clap: .

thatham thom thom .....chikki chikki pong

தமிழ்நாட்டில் எத்தனை கிளிகள் எத்தனை கிளிகள் கூட்டுக்குள்
வரவேண்டும் அத்தனை கிளிகள் அத்தனை கிளிகள் வீட்டுக்குள்

ஒ...ஓ... இளமை! இளமை இளமை இளமை இளமை பெண்களே விடை!....:thumbsup:

Did you all notice that A R Rahman invites the listener in his own fashion Ilamai duck & blaaze rap version.

"come & feel" "come & feel" duck version (start)

"Come & Listen to the sound in a new style"
"Come & Listen to the sound in a new style" ending blaaze rap :thumbsup: :clap:

With just 4 words ilamai vidukathai pengale vidai, Super Genius has composed a full remix. The thatham thom, female chorus "yeah", duck repeat voice ilamai ilamai..., blaaze rap, duck rap. He keeps changing the rhythm with every of these items in a random way. In the interlude, thirudi thirudu sounds soothing. I am bewildered when track began & ended. This is what I call a COMPOSER's DREAM MIX not the other one :rotfl:

sanchay
18th February 2006, 07:12 PM
AFTER MANY YEARS, A.R RAHMAN USES SURESH PETER IN HIS ALBUM !
What do you think ?

mani234
18th February 2006, 07:18 PM
after hearing the album for more than 2-3 times

kaatril oru varthai is just superb!!!!SPB AT HIS BEST!!!
heard shivaji will carry 2-3 songs by SPB wowowow cant wait to hear those!!!!
illamai and its remix r gonna rock FOR SURE!!!already my sound system is bursting!!!!(i hav the cassette)
gonna buy the cd soon!!!!

wowowowo!!!
kamma kamma kamma karai sure to go down the mass numbers but with CLASS even in masala song!!!

theeyil vadiyum thena is haunting!!!i just cant get the song out of my mind it just excellent!!!!

deepavali song picturisation is good !!!
Innisai that kuthu fused in the song just OUTSTANDING!!!
the album is liked by most of my friends fans and non fans of ajith,ARR!!!
in a shop in madurai i heard that the sales were soaring very high!!!

vibinrajmani
18th February 2006, 07:25 PM
any news of the CD release in the US??

stone cold
18th February 2006, 07:53 PM
God Father's audio arrives

Finally the audio of Ajith's God Father is out. A R Rehman with his
scintillating music has once again proved why is such a sought-after
music-composer in Indian film industry now.

The audio was initially slated to hit the music stores on Thursday.
Unfortunately it's release was delayed by a day.

The movie had gone to the floors a long time back. Unfortunately it was
delayed due to various reasons and it is expected to hit the theatres by
next month.

According to a music shop owner, 'there has been a tremendous response for
the audio of God Father. Since Thursday there have been many enquiries for
the album'.

A couple of numbers including one rendered by A R Rehman are certain to top
the audio charts, says music-lovers

Thiru
18th February 2006, 08:27 PM
very honest review Guess_me...You echo my thoughts too..

Guess_Me
18th February 2006, 09:19 PM
Actually it was not my review. It was by Behindwoods.com, which I mentioned on top.

I also totally agree with the review. Therefore as you said, I echo your thoughts.

Music4Ever
18th February 2006, 09:42 PM
This album is a winner. There is the super duper number in the form of Ilamai, a very good one to start with. It will be a super hit. There is then the soothing melody kaatril oru vaarthai, interspersed with the chorus saying hey hey sahiba, which adds great value to the song, IMO. This will be a definite hit. Any hit album of ARR, worth its salt, should include a number by the King himself. Here it is theeyil vizhundha, which is mind boggling. There is also the usual raucous number addding commercial masala, in the form of the thottapuram song. It adds variety to the album but it is no mean number itself. ARR albums have this sedate song which silently grows on the listener and becomes irreplaceable. This album doesn't have one such but there is the carnatic number as compensation, which is very good although standard. My picks are Ilamai, kaatril, theeyil, and thottapuram. Four terrific ones in one single album has become a rarity with ARR these days.

NJV do you still hold the same view after multiple hearings or has your view changed? At the very least, this is certainly better than Ah Aha and perhaps Aayitha Ezhuthu, if not KKS.

Arjuna
18th February 2006, 09:45 PM
GF rocks! Ilamai is an absolute stunner! Innisai is another smashing song! Beauty is the word! The King Rulz!

Guess_Me
18th February 2006, 09:46 PM
I felt GF is ARR's best since Boys. While Boys was meant to youth only with all those techno sounds and whacky beats, here is an album which has one song each for everyone.

I think ARR is back to form and the audio sales will soon indicate that. And he will prove yet again that he is no Vidyasagar who needs Rajni's support to top the charts nor is he Harris Jayaraj who needed Shankar's song picturisation to back his songs.

Arjuna
18th February 2006, 09:47 PM
When I listen to SPB's voice - I just think - SPB is GOD!!! There is no one who can replace him!

Arjuna
18th February 2006, 09:51 PM
I wish KSR picturizes illamai properly and does not screw the song as SJ did in this A Ah's intro song!!!

Scale
18th February 2006, 09:58 PM
Arjuna, Where have you been??? :smile: Welcome! :thumbsup:

Scale
18th February 2006, 10:00 PM
When I listen to SPB's voice - I just think - SPB is GOD!!! There is no one who can replace him!

While hearing Kaatril song today I felt If I can do something to this LEGEND I will give my age. :D

And I dont know when was it recorded. Absolutely stunning!!!

lancelot
18th February 2006, 10:00 PM
GF audio couldnt hav come at a better time......
at a time i needed a break my hero comes with an amazing album.... and as allways manages to take my mind aff things....

am glad GF delaied...... it was worth the wait.....

and am glad it has been a good friend to me in the past 2 days....

ARR rocks as allways

hehe

Arjuna
18th February 2006, 11:12 PM
Scale - I have been a silent reader for quite a long time :)..Thanks for remembering me :)

Did u hear SPB in La La in Poi? No words! :)

Justice
18th February 2006, 11:13 PM

While hearing Kaatril song today I felt If I can do something to this LEGEND I will give my age. :D

And I dont know when was it recorded. Absolutely stunning!!!

WOW 8-) I'll give mine too :)

Thiru
19th February 2006, 12:07 AM
Listen to Innisai alapadaiye and Samaja vara gamana... ARR really does show a different face when he composes carnatic songs...

Djpak
19th February 2006, 02:18 AM
I felt GF is ARR's best since Boys. While Boys was meant to youth only with all those techno sounds and whacky beats, here is an album which has one song each for everyone.

I think ARR is back to form and the audio sales will soon indicate that. And he will prove yet again that he is no Vidyasagar who needs Rajni's support to top the charts nor is he Harris Jayaraj who needed Shankar's song picturisation to back his songs.

Year, Chandramuki was blockbuster because Superstar
This times is Arrahman Rissing Ajith Kumar back! :clap:

Aathi : 3/5
Paramasivan : 3/5
Saravana : 4/5
Poi : 2/5 :P
Yuga : 2/5
GODFATHER : 5/5

baba88
19th February 2006, 03:07 AM

Guess Me,

your right. A.R.Rahman doesn't need Rajinikanth or Shankar to make an album a mega Hit. But just as an information. A.R.Rahman gets Rajinikanth and Shankar in Sivaji. What do you think what the audio sales will indicate ? The audio sales will explode !

Justice
19th February 2006, 03:45 AM
Year, Chandramuki was blockbuster because Superstar
This times is Arrahman Rissing Ajith Kumar back! :clap:

bunch of comedy :rotfl: :lol:

both are coming back from miserable time so nobody's rising others :wink:

dinesh2002
19th February 2006, 09:36 AM
its time for both Ajith & ARR to come back with GF !!! Just listen to Innisai man.... goodnes...i never did though this kinda classical song would come from ARR-KSR... coz after a simple number in Padaiyappa [Minsara Poove] ! listen to the male chorus go !! its just tough to even make ur legs follow its rhythm :P... the last part just makes ur feel energized !!! a treat for all ARR fans after the SJS signed album Ah Aah.... i dun ever dare look back at Ah Aah's songs now :P:P:P

ansa400
19th February 2006, 10:05 AM
Guyz, I think GF is a special album from ARR after a long time. It has got all the ingredients to become a chartbuster. It has got a variety of songs for all genre. It has become difficult for me to come out with the best of the album as all songs are super, although INNISAI is my pick. I had the same feeling for RDB. Due credit should go to KSR for extracting such songs from ARR. Also, I think this is the best from ARR-KSR combo so far. Never expected such a classical number from KSR's movie. :clap: Waiting for the movie release!!!

Scale
19th February 2006, 10:06 AM
Arjuna,

Havent heard Poi songs yet. Anyhow, thks for the info.

Aa Aah is completely a different & a better album when compared to "SJS" NEW :title track :banghead:, markandeye :banghead:, spiderman, Vaa endral :banghead: :banghead:. The Title track,Mayilarage & Maramkothiye in Aa Aah are totally spoiled mainly bcoz of SJS's presence & his worst picturisations. Otherwise these would have remained in our ears for some more time. The Title track is very much close to my heart the way Rahman blends with the kids chorus in the vocals. Not to forget Vaali's awesome lyrics!!

Scale
19th February 2006, 11:49 AM
The producer has to take cue from B/wd how to grab the mass attention with these three memorable gifted songs Innisai,Ilamai & theeyil in TV promos. Ajith's different getups is a BIG plus here for a chartbuster considering Paramasivan itself.

GF Songs Truly ROCKS!! :thumbsup:! :clap: :clap:

A.ANAND
19th February 2006, 11:56 AM
theeyil songs ennmma pattu,uyiraye karachitaruppa!!!!movies ennga ponaaru???alaye intha pakkam kaanum!!!!!GOD FATHER ROCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS...

Dragun
19th February 2006, 12:54 PM
any news of the CD release in the US??

Agi Music told me it will be available in the US and UK from February 26th.

Nerd
20th February 2006, 12:59 AM
Innisai has beaten the crap out of iyengaaru vIttu azhagE :thumbsup:

svaisn
20th February 2006, 01:11 AM

True Kasi...

Innisai rocks..

I also like thinam thinam diwali...... Zgood song to watch...

rashid2raj
20th February 2006, 01:12 AM

Yees maayn :D

Innisai is definetely much better than HJ's version of Narumugaye / Ayangaaru veetu Azhage...

Maybe shankar regret his decision off choosing HJ instead of ARR 8-)

Nerd
20th February 2006, 01:26 AM
I dont know what you exactly meant there rashid. But naRumugayE was by ARR as well in the movie iruvar. Thats one heck of a song :thumbsup:

rashid2raj
20th February 2006, 01:47 AM
[tscii]
I dont know what you exactly meant there rashid. But naRumugayE was by ARR as well in the movie iruvar. Thats one heck of a song :thumbsup:

What i meant was just that HJ was inspired by ARR's Narumugaye, while he created Ayangaaru veetu..´ :)

Sorry, wrong formulated by me :wink:

terminator
20th February 2006, 10:57 AM
Innisai song... cant expect it from ARR+KSR

If Sankar heard this he will feel bad for not having ARR in anniyan.

Theeyil vizhuntha.. wat a voice and his modulation uyirai urukkuthu..

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
for 8th Wonder

reagan87
20th February 2006, 11:11 AM
I believe you guys are just overrating Godfather album! Try listening with a neutral point of view and you will know Godfather isnt upto mark. You guys are just so biased blasting HJ for Iyengaru Veetu Azhage. What is he got to do with Godfather album ??? Shankar choosed him and HJ did his part and why the heck are we actually pulling him into this and criticising him ???

Guess_Me
20th February 2006, 11:26 AM
Actually from a neutral perspective, Godfather is a much better album compared to the recently churned out ones in tamil. But from ARR's perspective it is not upto the mark set by his previous hits.

And I guess HJ has been pulled in bcoz when Shankar announced that HJ is going to compose for Anniyan, these ARR bashers started saying that ARR lost his touch and thats why Shankar left him. But now that ARR let his work speak rather than his words, Shankar must be heart-broken for not using ARR.

And Iyengar might be the best carnatic that HJ can come up with but Innisai is NOT the best of ARR but still better than Iyengar. Thats the difference.

dinesh2002
20th February 2006, 11:41 AM
I believe you guys are just overrating Godfather album! Try listening with a neutral point of view and you will know Godfather isnt upto mark. You guys are just so biased blasting HJ for Iyengaru Veetu Azhage. What is he got to do with Godfather album ??? Shankar choosed him and HJ did his part and why the heck are we actually pulling him into this and criticising him ???

if listen as nueatral thinking,they isnt any expactations to look up too... if u listen as anti-arr...then it wont meet up to the 'mark' as u said.... :lol:

Hj's iyengaaru a classical song??? since when??? :lol: just by having the "tham thakitha thina thinna"... and u call it classical..??? :lol: sorry,i have no knowledge on classical raag...but i think Iyengaaru cant be called a classical song...mabby Semiclassical?? :?

dinesh2002
20th February 2006, 11:43 AM
Actually from a neutral perspective, Godfather is a much better album compared to the recently churned out ones in tamil. But from ARR's perspective it is not upto the mark set by his previous hits.

And I guess HJ has been pulled in bcoz when Shankar announced that HJ is going to compose for Anniyan, these ARR bashers started saying that ARR lost his touch and thats why Shankar left him. But now that ARR let his work speak rather than his words, Shankar must be heart-broken for not using ARR.

And Iyengar might be the best carnatic that HJ can come up with but Innisai is NOT the best of ARR but still better than Iyengar. Thats the difference.

Well said buddy !! :clap: :clap: :clap:

rsubras
20th February 2006, 12:03 PM
[quote]I believe you guys are just overrating Godfather album! Try listening with a neutral point of view and you will know Godfather isnt upto mark. You guys are just so biased blasting HJ for Iyengaru Veetu Azhage. What is he got to do with Godfather album ??? Shankar choosed him and HJ did his part and why the heck are we actually pulling him into this and criticising him ???[quote]

Reagan has a point here...... I dont think to show A.R.Rahman's greatness we need to put down HJ's works.... HJ va keezhe thalli than ARR great nu solra nilamai ARR ku illae imho.... ARR is great than that.. :)

vasanth2006
20th February 2006, 12:42 PM
my order
1)innisai is a real treat. ARR is proved once again that he can do some extraordinary numbers.
2)theeyil is mind blowing.it is excellent.
3)Katril is good. it will be major hit of the album though it's quality is not equal to innisai.

other songs are ordinary and it is below the range of current ordinary music directors. i think u are Overrating other songs.

dinesh2002
20th February 2006, 04:35 PM
yentha kalathille 1st time listen to ARR songs u get satisfied ??? even me... hard core ARR fan,wasnt happy with Kaatril when the video came out.... y even few days back...i only listened to Innisai & Deepavali in loop...i never listen to other songs more than 1 time... now im addicted to Kamma Karariylle... and now in my winamp i play ... Illamai,Deepavali,Inisai,Kaatril,Kamma in loop...leaving the other 4 songs out....its like a slow poison...it takes time to notice ARR's great songs.... what was people's reaction when Alaipayuthey album released??? now it can be simply called 1 of ARR's best !! its alwiz like that... GIVE TIME...if u have NO TIME...then dun complain :lol:

Kaatril is amazing,Deepavali just shows ARR still can compose his 90's style.... Innisai...goodness....no words to describe...Kamma karayil...brings the gummanguttu side of me out ! :rotfl: Illamai... nice fast pace song.... i liked the Part ' Hey, hello hello hello hello !" :P i already can imagine what is GF songs gonna do to malaysia.... cant wait for it to release here !!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :wave: :clap:

reagan87
20th February 2006, 06:59 PM
No guys..the thing is that we as AR.Rahman fan shouldn't even be comparing ARR with HJ. AR. Rahman is way up compared to HJ. If you would ask me about HJ, i would say, he's just a clone of AR. Rahman and not true himself.

The best thing we could do is, try not to bring HJ in, even if AR. Rahman's composition is better and thats the fact! We dont need to prove it by mentioning it.

By the way, getting to GodFather album, I'm really not impressed with it compared to Ah Aah, atleast thats what i feel. I would have expected something really better but nevermind, I have lots of albums to expect from AR.Rahman this year. I will hope for the best the next time any of his album releases. Perhaps my expectation doesnt meet with GodFather!

njv
20th February 2006, 10:54 PM
By the way, getting to GodFather album, I'm really not impressed with it compared to Ah Aah, atleast thats what i feel. I would have expected something really better but nevermind, I have lots of albums to expect from AR.Rahman this year. I will hope for the best the next time any of his album releases. Perhaps my expectation doesnt meet with GodFather!

This is exactly what I said before. Since 2003 in all the albums ARR released in tamil, this takes teh 3rd place from the bottom, just beating udaya and parasuram. arr fans will go up and down, but this is the truth. ARR album to look for this year is JOK (surya & jo goes lukcy! - this might be ARR's marriage gift to the couple)

lancelot
20th February 2006, 11:22 PM

This is exactly what I said before. Since 2003 in all the albums ARR released in tamil, this takes teh 3rd place from the bottom, just beating udaya and parasuram. arr fans will go up and down, but this is the truth. ARR album to look for this year is JOK (surya & jo goes lukcy! - this might be ARR's marriage gift to the couple)

wat can i say...... i dont know.... but i am hooked on to this album like hell.... IMO it's a very goo album....

njv - do me a favor...listen to the album more...it may change yo opinion...pls.....:D

hehe

Justice
21st February 2006, 02:45 AM

got to have master mind to PREDICT than to analyse what we have :wink:

vjrag_ind
21st February 2006, 03:57 AM
hmm...i don't think this album is upto the mark. its pretty average. compared to his earlier works, this probably ranks pretty low. i think he should go back to his "traditional" (note that its within quotes) instruments as opposed to using a lot of synthesised techno sounds.

good songs are thottapuram, Illamai Remix and Theeyil Vizhundha...the rest is very blah...

Before ppl jump on me, they should know that I am a huge fan of him and spent more than $100 to go watch him in concert and have every one of his CD.( i even had my own fan website, which expired recently).

Nerd
21st February 2006, 06:00 AM
IMO though this album is satisfactory. I sincerely ask the other unsatisfied ARR fans to listen to this album 10+ times. This is what I did one whole day, now I cant live withouth the songs. I like all the songs!! So multiple listenings is a must for this album. But I was impressed with iLamai and innisai, after the first listening itself. Others, you need to listen more. I even like the kammakarai song, which IMO is the worst of this album :)

njv
21st February 2006, 07:05 AM
njv - do me a favor...listen to the album more...it may change yo opinion...pls.....:D

Will definitely do. I may change it after watching the movie (because a song that goes well with situation may not sound good when you hear alone) and I will definitely post my opinion again.

got to have master mind to PREDICT than to analyse what we have

Justice, you know me man. I am more than master mind :lol: J/K. I am predicting based on the subject matter of the movie and JOK is a love story which require good melody and ARR wont fail.

sureshmehcnit
21st February 2006, 09:26 AM
My Take on GF

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/02/godfather-music.html

lancelot
21st February 2006, 10:20 AM
IMO though this album is satisfactory. I sincerely ask the other unsatisfied ARR fans to listen to this album 10+ times. This is what I did one whole day, now I cant live withouth the songs. I like all the songs!! So multiple listenings is a must for this album. But I was impressed with iLamai and innisai, after the first listening itself. Others, you need to listen more. I even like the kammakarai song, which IMO is the worst of this album :)

u spoke my mind.....even i think Kammakarai is the lest best song in the album...but still i like the song

hehe

Scale
21st February 2006, 10:39 AM
This album will certainly grow compared to SJS's grating presence & pic'ztn in Aa Aah. It has the breed for a better hit KSR's new style of Ajith's 3 diff roles,Title & Asin pair, RS's choreography. Will make all the difference.

njv, not "Shivaji".? Do you think "JOK" will have better songs than "Rajni-Shankar-ARR-AVM" combo? :evil: Let me tell here something. Latest Unconfirmed news from ARR YG says so far SPB -3 songs & Hariharan - 1 will be in Shivaji.

ippave sedukki vaikkiren inge "2006 - HE WILL HE WILL ROCK YOU". :thumbsup:

Honestly, I am getting a feeling now itself Water, RDB & GF is quiet enough for me. But The MAESTRO himself is kind enought to feed us 5 more What CAN I SAY,

2 in tamil,
1 - TLOR,
1 - Hindi
1 Provoked BGM..

united07
21st February 2006, 12:05 PM
Mmm.....finally its out....
then end product? Have not really catched my attention yet...but not too worry...even Rhythm gave me the same impression and we all know what happened to that album later!

Ilamai a sure hit among masses...
Innisai sounds like a challenge to Ra Raa than Kumari...not really ready to say this is better! On that front, even Ra Raa was only acknowledged for Jyothika pair of eyes on screen!
The rest....have not registered in my mind yet....will take time I guess..

But I would anytime embrace Ayutha Yeluthu, KM, KKS, New among the last releases of ARR....this ....mmmm only time will tell....

lancelot
21st February 2006, 12:58 PM
Honestly, I am getting a feeling now itself Water, RDB & GF is quiet enough for me. But The MAESTRO himself is kind enought to feed us 5 more What CAN I SAY,

2 in tamil,
1 - TLOR,
1 - Hindi
1 Provoked BGM..

can this year get any better????

hehe

Scale
21st February 2006, 02:59 PM
SEASONOL PUNCH DIALOGUE compiled from Ajith Tamil Films thread Thanks to Selvakumar :D
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=387552&highlight=#387552

Deepavali Deepavali Deepavali THALA thanda
Sooravali Sooravali Sooravali ISAI PUYAL thanda

How it could be if we add a HEAVY BEAT at the end of every "thanda" (above) like "YEAH" every time in Theeyil. :oops: :D :thumbsup: :clap:

Here comes the remix version with African drums, chorus & a mix of Arabian percussions :D .

Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali Deepavali Deepavali THALA thanda
Vovondrilum Sooravali Sooravali Sooravali ISAI PUYAL thanda

Mindblowing!. Wishing the TEAM Big Success :thumbsup: :clap:

selvakumar
21st February 2006, 03:13 PM
Scala !! :D Good work.. !!

Lyrics too are wonderful in GODFATHER.. :D

njv
21st February 2006, 05:21 PM
njv, not "Shivaji".? Do you think "JOK" will have better songs than "Rajni-Shankar-ARR-AVM" combo? :evil: Let me tell here something. Latest Unconfirmed news from ARR YG says so far SPB -3 songs & Hariharan - 1 will be in Shivaji.

Yes because the title song which they shooted in Ramoji rao film studio isnt good according to the folks who were present (BTW it was by SPB only). I honestly dont expect much in Rajni movie. Apparently Rajni underplays in this movie and go with whatever Shankar asked him to do, so we will have to see if its a Rajini movie or Shankar movie.

baba88
21st February 2006, 06:34 PM
njv,

Yes because the title song which they shooted in Ramoji rao film studio isnt good according to the folks who were present
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

I am 100 % sure that the title song will be better than Devuda Devuda. As we know the song and the full album was very successful. So it'S enough if it's not good.

vijayr
21st February 2006, 09:58 PM
I listened to Godfather and would have to say the product is pretty average, even slightly sub-par at times. This makes Ah Aah look better. The Rahman song got my attention a little bit, the rest didnt.
Innisai, a very ordinary attempt at a semi-classical considering the magnum opuses that have come earlier in Hindolam, the opening line is kind of similar to the IR-CHithra song "kaNNanai kaaNbaaya nilave" from Manithanin marupakkkam. Hope Rahman's obsession with Naresh Iyer in Tamil ends soon(although considering the eunuch role Ajith is playing, Naresh's effeminate voice would probably be a good fit). Local talents like Haricharan could be used for such songs in the future. The SPB song was an unmitigated disaster, what was Rahman thinking? The Sahiba part had no connection with the song whatsoever and I was searching for a semblance of a tune till the end. 2 albums in a row SPB has been wasted. You expect an "endhan vaanin kaadhal nilave" kind of song and then you get this. The other fast numbers in the album didnt make much of an impact.

The only consolation is that KSR doesnt deserve any better. He is worse than SJS in that he lacks fresh ideas and has the standard masala ingredients dished out in different proportions in every film of his. Its a shame that the likes of ARR, Kamal etc. continue to work with him. He needs to be put to rest soon along with P.Vasu.
I wish Rahman gets special projects in TFM too like he gets in Hindi.
Maybe Jillendru oru Kaadhal would do the trick.

baba88
21st February 2006, 11:00 PM
Godfather is said to be the best movie(storyline) that Tamil Cinema has ever seen and it's one of the costliest movies ever.

njv
22nd February 2006, 12:57 AM
I listened to Godfather and would have to say the product is pretty average, even slightly sub-par at times. This makes Ah Aah look better. ...

The only consolation is that KSR doesnt deserve any better. ...

Its a shame that the likes of ARR, Kamal etc. continue to work with him. ...

For the first time your posting and my posting are 100% match (guys dont go and find 6 vidyasangal). Lets hope this continues.

njv
22nd February 2006, 12:58 AM
njv,

Yes because the title song which they shooted in Ramoji rao film studio isnt good according to the folks who were present
-------------------------------------------
Hello,

I am 100 % sure that the title song will be better than Devuda Devuda. As we know the song and the full album was very successful. So it'S enough if it's not good.

For Rajni fan, song better than Devuda Devuda is good enough. From ARR we expect more (may be thats why I never accept anything below obsolutely great from aRR)

Music4Ever
22nd February 2006, 01:07 AM
njv, can you name some absolutely great stuff in the last few years? Just want to understand what your standards are :)

Obviously, one should not expect numbers of the quality of KKS in an album like GF. This movie is for the masses and ARR has done a very good job, IMO. Kaatril is awesome, Theeyil is super, and Ilamai rocks (although a bit of Kishore Kumar type of yodelling is also thrown in).

njv
22nd February 2006, 01:17 AM
njv, can you name some absolutely great stuff in the last few years? Just want to understand what your standards are :)

Obviously, one should not expect numbers of the quality of KKS in an album like GF. This movie is for the masses and ARR has done a very good job, IMO. Kaatril is awesome, Theeyil is super, and Ilamai rocks (although a bit of Kishore Kumar type of yodelling is also thrown in).

From IR

Virumaandi
Mumbai Xpress
Vishwa Thulasi
Pithamagan

From ARR
RDB
AE
Boys
KKS

From YSR
PP
7G
Manmadhan
Kadhal Kondaen (copied a lot though!)

From VS
Parthiban Kanavu
Chandramukhi
Dhool
Run

The point is not what I consider the best. Point is are you happy with GF and my answer is no and your answer is yes. I guess you few ARR fans lowered their expectation, so ARR always meet their expectation and anything above average is considered sensational/rocks.

vijayr
22nd February 2006, 02:22 AM
The SPB-Saadhana duet provided an opportunity for a KKS-like song, but Rahman blew it. Colossal waste of SPB's singing talent, with the voice distortion techniques overdone on his voice track which made me cringe. Someone like Blaaze or Udit deserve such treatment, not SPB. And melodies like these dont need voice distortion gimmicks. Even theekuruviyaay from KKS had the same and I didnt like it although it was fleeting in that song. Also ARR should stop this recent trend of remixing the same song 3 times just to extend the length of the soundtrack.

Justice
22nd February 2006, 03:31 AM
The only consolation is that KSR doesnt deserve any better. He is worse than SJS in that he lacks fresh ideas and has the standard masala ingredients dished out in different proportions in every film of his. Its a shame that the likes of ARR, Kamal etc. continue to work with him. He needs to be put to rest soon along with P.Vasu.

As someone said, ignorance is bliss 8-)

vijayr
22nd February 2006, 04:33 AM
"As someone said, ignorance is bliss"

true, especially coming from an Ajith/KSR fan..

Justice
22nd February 2006, 06:49 AM
"As someone said, ignorance is bliss"

true, especially coming from an Ajith/KSR fan..

False. Coming from a Kamal, Ajith, Maniratnam, ARR, SPB and IR fan so........ 8-)

I hope you respect this thread and stick to the topic only :)

muzammil84
22nd February 2006, 07:21 AM

Also ARR should stop this recent trend of remixing the same song 3 times just to extend the length of the soundtrack.

U know why there is 3 vertion?

one for movie , the vertion with Dappakuthu Tune
Other One for Music lover without Dappakuthu song ( When a Music Lover Heard a carnatic song, they don't like dappakuthu song)

Other One vertion only Female Singers :)

Ithukuda Purigikka Theriyillaye :(

lancelot
22nd February 2006, 08:20 AM
GF is an amazing album...i cant stop istening to it.... my iTunes is open 24/7.....
IMO..all the songs r amazing....... also i think it is s touch better than Ah Aah......
and may be the best ARR has done for KSR....IMO...

but i have been waiting for a long time for ARR to giv me an album that is as clasical as Alaipayuthe.....the album that introduced me to ARR.....

i have a feeling JOK...will do the tric..... but i also feel that it will have some fast tracks.....
i wish ARR will giv an album like Alaipayuthe, KK, Rythem......

hehe

Music4Ever
22nd February 2006, 08:22 AM
njv, why no Harris films in your list? Is it because of oversight or you really feel he has not produced any absolute best music? Except perhaps Boys, Kaaka Kaaka would beat the shit out of almost any recent album, IMO.

I guess we should stick to GF music. I listened to three songs and still liked them a lot. After that, however, I listened to Yaaridamum thondra villai idhu pol and I was just blown away by the melody.

njv
22nd February 2006, 09:12 AM
njv, why no Harris films in your list? Is it because of oversight or you really feel he has not produced any absolute best music? Except perhaps Boys, Kaaka Kaaka would beat the **** out of almost any recent album, IMO.

I guess we should stick to GF music. I listened to three songs and still liked them a lot. After that, however, I listened to Yaaridamum thondra villai idhu pol and I was just blown away by the melody.

Hmm.. oversight, but apart from Kaaka Kaaka he did good job in UKM & LL. Anyways lets stick to GF. I honestly will post my opinion again if I watch the movie.

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 09:37 AM
please talk about GF songs here...anywayz....Innisai is just amazing...KAatril is just as amazing,shockingly i felt the EH Sahiba/Sneghitha didint fit the song but now i think it fits really well....i liked all the songs except Kamma Karayil..... dunt really like that song...but i think it will suit some groups...the groups which made manmadha rasa song a hit :lol:

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 09:42 AM
njv, why no Harris films in your list? Is it because of oversight or you really feel he has not produced any absolute best music? Except perhaps Boys, Kaaka Kaaka would beat the **** out of almost any recent album, IMO.

wanna talk about ur yaaridum song??? here is ur link... thread started by u ! :http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=5904

leave this forum clean for GF...thanks :wave:

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 09:55 AM
Mmm.....finally its out....
then end product? Have not really catched my attention yet...but not too worry...even Rhythm gave me the same impression and we all know what happened to that album later!

Ilamai a sure hit among masses...
Innisai sounds like a challenge to Ra Raa than Kumari...not really ready to say this is better! On that front, even Ra Raa was only acknowledged for Jyothika pair of eyes on screen!
The rest....have not registered in my mind yet....will take time I guess..

But I would anytime embrace Ayutha Yeluthu, KM, KKS, New among the last releases of ARR....this ....mmmm only time will tell....

it easily can take over Raa Raa over 1 point....Innisai is in pure Tamil... hahahahahaha :lol: never got amazed by CM's Raa Raa b4 though..... was def blown by Apthamitra's Raa Raa more...that song suited the movie well and it had many mesmerising lines.... hmm.... IF only Innisai was in Raa Raa's place,Innisai had more chances to proof a dancer's capabilty...it had complicated beats...anywayz.... lets wait untill the movie releases,now days trend is songs will be apriciated once movie releases.... and few albums got famouse after movie become hits...not on the song's strength...im sure many would know what album r those.... :lol: ..GF def has picked up with just its Audio....:clap:

stone cold
22nd February 2006, 10:09 AM
GODFATHER album just rocks..songs are pretty good.
I didn't really like couple of songs from sj.suryah's movie like markendaya,thazhuvudhu..but in godfather i love all the songs.initially didnt like kama song but now i love it too..i am convinced the songs will be big hit.....

Scale
22nd February 2006, 10:30 AM
Guys, please let the comments of vijayr, M4E flow. They are totally unbiased as far as "MUSIC" is concerned than MD's. They are quiet knowledgeable than many of us here. We all have spotted it several times.

vijayr, Reg sahiba chorus, It has got something to do with the picturisation. The way sadhana starts gives me a different feel. SPB's (Ajith') voice is introduced only in the later part and very much underplayed. Even Kaadhalennum therveludhi song that "Doli Doli" part is atrocious when heard after audio release. But later it turned out to be a big hit. I think Rahman is trying to play safe for his experimentation with lead vocals like varugirai, thottal (remix), thazhuvudhu & now kaatril.

Overall,IMHO This album isn't great but better than what we expected compared to parasuram, udaya songs could- have-been-shelved list.

njv, RDB is in yr list :roll: :rotfl:

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 11:25 AM
cant wait to get GF Cd... after long time... Malaysia is gonna be in big shock when they listen to Innisai Remix version :lol: ... cant wait to see thier reaction !!!

selvakumar
22nd February 2006, 11:32 AM
Friends,
Though I don't have much knowledge about music, I am telling this from a layman's perspective.

GF music caters to all kind of audience.

It is a n excellant blend of all (CLASS + MASS)

1. Ilamai - Rocks my socks.. Youthful appeal

2. Innisai - Oh my GOD.. what a classical song.. and that too with wonderful lyrics from VAIRAMUTHU..

3. THEEYIL - One more songs that will make u feel :cry: enna voice pa ARR.. People might say that SPB OR YESUDAS might have done better. But we need something different. and hearing ARR voice.. oh my GOD.. I don't have words to describe his voice.. :clap:

4. KAATRIL - nice melody.. a good relief from crap masala duets and melodies.. The reason why people are criticising this one - I don't understand..

5. deepavali - kamapuram - Both are for mass audience.. Again ARR proves why he is so different from other MAMADARAASA idiots. ! :clap:

united07
22nd February 2006, 11:56 AM
WHY DO ARR HAS TO SURRENDER TO THE NEED OF REMIX VERSIONS!
ARR IS BEYOND THAT...LET THE YSRs, HJs deal with REMIXES!..Please arr!

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 12:07 PM
WHY DO ARR HAS TO SURRENDER TO THE NEED OF REMIX VERSIONS!
ARR IS BEYOND THAT...LET THE YSRs, HJs deal with REMIXES!..Please arr!

u mean in GF?? only the Illamai Remix can be actually mentioned as remix...the Innisai is more like Version II...its the same but extra intruments/music bit.. something like Khamoshiyan Part 1 & Part 2..

and about thottal...i taut it was more of Re-tune rather than remix...if u wonder y ARR did that....the honour goes to Mr SJS 8-)

Music4Ever
22nd February 2006, 07:40 PM
"Guys, please let the comments of vijayr, M4E flow. They are totally unbiased as far as "MUSIC" is concerned than MD's. They are quiet knowledgeable than many of us here. We all have spotted it several times. "

Scale, thanks for your comment. I believe Vijayr better qualifies for your praise, however. I am an unabashed ARR fan, as many who know me personally will tell.

"and about thottal...i taut it was more of Re-tune rather than remix...if u wonder y ARR did that....the honour goes to Mr SJS"

Hmm... Dinesh.... the unadulterated ARR fan! And you go of on length how a little resemblance here and there from other MDs is a certain lift! I do not subscribe to this re-tune baloney. THe New thottal song is just old wine in new bottle, embellished with orchestra and Hariharan.

Scale
22nd February 2006, 07:55 PM
M4E,

Exactly!. Mr.Vijayr deserves every bit of praise for his unbiased contribution to this HUB. :thumbsup: :clap: :notworthy: Anyone with a neutral perspective sincerely following every post of his on various issues (Music, Movie, Actors, Direction, Directors etc ) will admit it completely. Thanks again Mr. Vijayr.

All HC ARR fans,

Just recvd an unconfirmed news from ajith (YG?)fans (Tamil films thread). Further not to disappoint you all, GF movie release is delayed again and the only possibility is likely to be in the MID of June. Ilamai yet to shoot & BGM is still undone.

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 07:59 PM
"Guys, please let the comments of vijayr, M4E flow. They are totally unbiased as far as "MUSIC" is concerned than MD's. They are quiet knowledgeable than many of us here. We all have spotted it several times. "

Scale, thanks for your comment. I believe Vijayr better qualifies for your praise, however. I am an unabashed ARR fan, as many who know me personally will tell.

"and about thottal...i taut it was more of Re-tune rather than remix...if u wonder y ARR did that....the honour goes to Mr SJS"

Hmm... Dinesh.... the unadulterated ARR fan! And you go of on length how a little resemblance here and there from other MDs is a certain lift! I do not subscribe to this re-tune baloney. THe New thottal song is just old wine in new bottle, embellished with orchestra and Hariharan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: call me wut eva u want...i know where i'm standing...thanks for ur pattam all.... and about the thottal poo malarum..... ARR & SJS calls it Re-tune... well if u dont agree...then perhaps ur a bigger 'musical genius' than ARR :lol: !! enjoy ur stay here!!!

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 08:14 PM
Asin flying high
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, February 22, 2006]

Asin, who struck a hat-trick last year with Ghajini, Majaa and Sivakasi, is awaiting the release of God Father with great expectations.

Though the movie went to floors a long time back, due to various reasons, the film had been delayed.

Now with the audio of the movie released, hopes are high that the movie may grace theatres soon.

God Father, directed by K S Ravikumar, stars Ajith in triple roles. A R Rehman has scored the music. Asin says, 'I am hopeful that the movie would release soon.' :? :? :?
On her role, she says, 'It's a wonderful one. The movie has come out very well. I'm sure it'll get me accolades for my performance'.

She has been tipped to act in Vijay's next and another film opposite Suriya to be directed by Gowtham Menon.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20583.html

she hopes??? :shock:

interz
22nd February 2006, 08:32 PM
a review on Godfather songs by an A R Rahman fan.

http://tamilvibration.dk/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=109

dinesh2002
22nd February 2006, 08:50 PM

cool review...but did anyone notice the starting line " Kamma Karaiyile Umma kodukuva summa ne velethe kattu " is the same with and old IR song ?? " Adi ennama rakamma " something that goes like that??

njv
22nd February 2006, 08:58 PM

cool review...but did anyone notice the starting line " Kamma Karaiyile Umma kodukuva summa ne velethe kattu " is the same with and old IR song ?? " Adi ennama rakamma " something that goes like that??

Ennadi rakkamma pallakku neneppu en nenju kulunguthadi - very silght resemblence nothing much.

vijayr
22nd February 2006, 09:19 PM
Scale/M4E, thanks for the thumbs up -although I think that no matter how much unbiased or neutral one tries to be, everyone does end up having their own opinions and slight prejudices, likes, dislikes etc. I am no exception, but I believe thats what makes it fun. Otherwise we could all be just robots with thoughts driven by pure logic and no emotion.

With GF and other ARR albums in general, I try to listen it to atleast 2 to 3 times before passing my comments. Because in the past I have found myself prematurely dismissing an ARR song on first hearing and liking it later on. This doesnt happen much with other MDs. So got to be a little extra careful with ARR.

MADDY
23rd February 2006, 12:36 AM
well said vijay......even hardcore ARR fans, sometimes are fooled by his songs....one needs to listen to it and understand it before passing a comment otherwise u'll look a fool.

i had a similar experience with one of KSR-ARR combo song - Athini Chithini Tarangini from Thenali.....i told my dad that it was ARR's worst song, but a month later i used to play that song again and again, after seeing its picturisation......my dad asked me whether everything was ok with me :lol: ......that's how ARR's songs can deceive u....

btw, Ilamai song has me hooked up as of now from GF......

slperson1
23rd February 2006, 07:02 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/ut/s/26/10/
a hit indeed

selvakumar
23rd February 2006, 09:24 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/ut/s/26/10/
a hit indeed

:thumbsup: :clap:

P.S: slperson1, I felt ur presence long back in TAMIL FILMS SECTION. what happened to u now? :roll:

united07
23rd February 2006, 01:03 PM
Seriously...

This is a B-Grade production from ARR.

Play this Katril, Kamma Kamma, or even Ilamai and Innisai for the matter of fact with any other YSR, HJ, even Srikanth Deva or SA Rajkumar songs...and can u tell which one belongs to whom?!!!!
I BET YOU CANT!...

You play Kandukondain2 with any other music directors songs, you can easily identify ARR's work in it! Not this one......utterly disappointed!

Probably ARR just bothered about making a mass hit this time!

ansa400
23rd February 2006, 01:28 PM

Yeah, that's what he badly needs at this point of time. Do u expect another KKS from GF. Atleast it will be recognised by the people and would become a chartbuster, unlike KKS. Its better if a moderate album from ARR becomes a hit rather than wonderful work getting unnoticed(we've had enough of it). Probably U can expect Kandukondain2 type of album from JOK. But for now enjoy GF :thumbsup:

terminator
23rd February 2006, 01:50 PM
Seriously...

Play this Katril, Kamma Kamma, or even Ilamai and Innisai for the matter of fact with any other YSR, HJ, even Srikanth Deva or SA Rajkumar songs...and can u tell which one belongs to whom?!!!!
I BET YOU CANT!...

You play Kandukondain2 with any other music directors songs, you can easily identify ARR's work in it! Not this one......utterly disappointed!

A R R songs always differ from others. When u listen closely u can identify it.

Parasuram too have a good music. Two days b4 I listened with the head phones. ARR used many different sounds.

Justice
23rd February 2006, 06:57 PM
I BET YOU CANT!...

yes, I bet you can't accept the fact :wink:

Renault
23rd February 2006, 08:29 PM
Seriously...

I BET YOU CANT!...

United.. just listen to Taj Mahal Oviya kadhal from Kalvanin Kadali.. U may be disappointed with Rahman's mysterious downfall... but do not place Yuvan and Harris in the same league as SA Rajkumar and Srikanth Deva.

Yuvan is a rising star and Harris's selective approach is taking him to new heights.. God save Surya's JOK and Sivaji THE BOSS!!!!

Ramakrishna
23rd February 2006, 08:32 PM
Seriously...

I BET YOU CANT!...

United.. just listen to Taj Mahal Oviya kadhal from Kalvanin Kadali.. U may be disappointed with Rahman's mysterious downfall... but do not place Yuvan and Harris in the same league as SA Rajkumar and Srikanth Deva.

Yuvan is a rising star and Harris's selective approach is taking him to new heights.. God save Surya's JOK and Sivaji THE BOSS!!!!

As and when ARRahman was signed for those movies,those movies were saved

Music4Ever
23rd February 2006, 08:54 PM
"U may be disappointed with Rahman's mysterious downfall..."

I just was listening to two party numbers from E20U18. They are
Kama kama kama and asathura asathura. Both are very infectious songs. It is inexplicable, how such very good party numbers have been forgotten. Bad times, I guess.

MADDY
23rd February 2006, 11:18 PM

I think too much of water has gone under the bridge.........ARR should reproduce a 1999, i guess, to shut all his detractors' mouth.......lets see wat "rising stars" and "selective approachers" can do then..........

btw, RDBasanti is the biggest grosser in UK ever for a hindi movie, and it has maintained top place in music charts for quite a few time......

united07
24th February 2006, 09:35 AM
Is it me or what?
Is that backing for "Uwa Uwa Uwa" in the beginning of Kamma Karaiyil the same as Mangala Mangala song?" Just slower tempo?

Can anyone ocnfirm!

dinesh2002
24th February 2006, 11:24 AM
Is it me or what?
Is that backing for "Uwa Uwa Uwa" in the beginning of Kamma Karaiyil the same as Mangala Mangala song?" Just slower tempo?

Can anyone ocnfirm!

its pretty close though..... probably ARR composed this song right after the mangal mangal song...

ansa400
24th February 2006, 02:11 PM
[tscii:8740fa2b65]MUSIC REVIEW

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7343.html

No other music director creates such an expectation in the market as Rehman does. In many ways, it is unfair. Like we expect Tendulkar to score a century every time, we want a winner from Rehman every time. The thing he never fails us mostly.

In Godfather too, he has not let us down. Giving a mix of his much-famed orchestration and some new beats, Rehman shows that class is permanent. It may not be his best effort. But at any rate, it betters anything that the competition offers.

Kamma Karaiyal Umma Kodu

The beat and haunting humming set you up for an intriguing mix. This is mass song but with a unique, and different, flavor. It doesn’t go over the top. The rendition --- Naresh and Sowmya --- is well controlled. But there is a new feel to the tune and humming. Only the inane lyrics give the game away. Rehman’s splendid rhythms again stand out.

Ilamai Vidukathai

The start reminds you of many Rehman songs of ore. The beats too are typical. So is it deja vu time? Certainly not. The song quickly gets into the groove and mood perks up as the singers go in for a spirited rendition. Suresh Peter and Blaze (the rap part) may both mince the words but they sure have a yen for songs that is full of zest and zeal. One for you all those jiving on the dance floor.

Ilamai Vidukathai (remix)

Interestingly this remix provides a better experience than the original. There is more life and gusto. Naresh, Tanvi and Mahathi give their own interpretation and add a piquant spice to overall feeling. Naresh will certainly be a talked about singer after this.

Katril Oru Varthai

Sadhana Sargam starts as beguilingly as only she can. But the tune gets down to some 80s Hindi tabla-dholak tune. Before you wonder what it is, Sadhana reverts to style and simplicity. It is an elegant melody interspersed with some interesting touches the interludes have unmistakable Laxmikant-Pyarelal flavor . SPB adds his own brand of magic to it. So does Reena. All in all, a good potpourri.

Inninisai Azhai (in three variants)

This seems to be the anthem of the album as it is featured thrice. In whichever way you hear it, it is splendid. The remix version in fact is better with Srinivas’ inimitable vocal chords. Srinivas is a special talent and he needs to be given more opportunities by our music directors. Naresh’s vocals too strike a chord. In some places, it simply holds on to you like a friend. The jathis are energetic. Mahathi’s voice contours the essential Hindolam ragam flavor beautifully. Te chorus version grows on you as most Rehman’s melodies do. Certainly one for the records.

Dhinam Dhinam Deepavali

Rehman never resorts to musical cliches. He always experiments with the form and flavor. This one is a quaint one. It has a Goanese feel. But he has made it sound more attractive. The interludes are certainly new one, never heard before. There is a slew of singers ---Kalpana, Sonu, Leon, Peer, Renjith. All of them sound alike in the chorus. But it is all fun and unmistakably Rehman!

Theeyil Vizhundh Theenai

Rehman’s muse is Sufism. Get that feel as goes hauntingly for the high pitch and then come down to lisp the lyrics. In one word, amazing. Like a cool breeze during sand-paper heat, Rehman’s vocals and tunes offer present balm. The rhythms and orchestration are understated. But perfectly in sync with the number.

All in all, another winner from Rehman. :thumbsup:
[/tscii:8740fa2b65]

vijayr
25th February 2006, 12:34 AM
sorry if this had been posted earlier, but a google video promo by NIC with short vid clips featuring songs and VM/KSR/Asin etc.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8623282318872706692&q=rahman

Scale
26th February 2006, 08:24 PM
Vijayr, Thanks for the link.

Justice
27th February 2006, 07:23 AM
I gota say this..

Godfather songs are playin on Canadian radioes and in all cars :thumbsup:

surprisingly kamma karayile is the hot cake here :thumbsup:

united07
27th February 2006, 09:51 AM
OK OK! I ADMIT ...The songs are sounding really good now!
Absolutely true.

Tips for those judging w/out Cd in hand....

1) do not listen to musicindiaonline.com (the streaming quality is not as good as raaga.com).

2) Do not listen with a soft sound while you are working in office! It's a total put off.

3) Hear it loud, and when there are no other sound emitting device around. Read other radio, people's mouth (especially gals), etc....

After a week of battling...I think Ilamai, Innisai, Kamma Karaiyil, Katril Oru Vaarthai, Amma Song (is the best) sounds really good....while Thottapuram makes up for the c centre audience....

And the movie being delayed is a GOOD NEWS for the audio....

I ADMIT I SURRENDER TO THE POWER OF AR RAHMAN!

dinesh2002
27th February 2006, 10:31 AM
the delay of GF is gonna be a bad thing for GF audio...movie will only release on Mid June!!!

Scale
27th February 2006, 10:52 AM
True! But a successive release of GF, JOK, Shivaji & MR "GURU" or Puli or Vikraman movie will be a carnival parade.

Million wala saravedi.....

united07
27th February 2006, 12:24 PM
I don't think the delay of GF will be any bad for the audio.....since this audio takes time to grow with mass, jsut imagine if the movie released before the audio sink in! That will be a mess.

Now at least the mass have more time to get accustomed to the audio and prepare for the visual.

I believe in 2000 we had similar things....where ARR kept releasing album 1 after the other...Alaipayutey, Kandukondain2, Rhythm, Thenali....of the lot only Thenali didn't click as expected...

same goes on 1999 with En Swasa Katrae, Jodi, Kathalar Thinam, Mudhalvan, Padaiyappa, Sangamam, Taj Mahal and Thaalam of which EVERYTHING WENT OUT TO BE A HUGE HIT!!!!!

ARR ROCKS

dinesh2002
27th February 2006, 03:13 PM
[tscii:427188530f]Godfather` postponed!

By Moviebuzz | Monday, 27 February , 2006, 12:35

Ajit’s K.S.Ravikumar directed Godfather which has been long in the making was in the news recently after its promos started appearing on channels. The film supposed to release on February 24 has now been postponed!
Last Friday night, music director A.R.Rahman, Crazy Mohan and Ravikumar watched the entire film at the director’s home theatre in his office at West Mambalam. Those who saw the film including Rahman says that it has shape out extremely well. Rahman has started the re-recording which will be complete by the end of this week. However a song is yet to be canned.

The trouble is that, there is an agreement between Ajit, AVM and the Tamilnadu film distributors federation that Godfather can only release 50 days before or after the release of Tirupati scheduled on April 14. February 24 was the cut-off date and does that mean that Godfather will release only in June?

But Balasubramaniam, the Coimbatore based distributor and satellite rights holder of the film says: “Come hell or high water, we will try to release the film by March 17 as Crores are locked in the project. I saw the rushes of the film which is outstanding and is a sure super hit”.

Now Godfather distributors are putting pressure on Ajit and AVM to postpone Tirupati to May 1, the actor’s birthday. But AVM is in no mood to oblige as elections are due in Tamilnadu in the first week of May.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14149806[/tscii:427188530f]

reagan87
27th February 2006, 07:16 PM
YAY Godfather Postponed !!!! Now that the audio has been released, i'm not bothered abit about the movie's release. I wouldnt be sulking if the movie doesnt even get released!!! I'm rejoicing here for the audio has been released to everyone and we are glad to be listening to it which we thought initially we wouldnt be able to since the movie was said to dropped.

dinesh2002
28th February 2006, 01:57 PM
God Father's dilemma
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 28, 2006]

There is some confusion over God Father's release --- the film that stars Ajith in three roles.

With Ajith Tirupathi also almost complete, there is some request from the respected AVM (the producers of Tirupathi) to release God Father later.

But as the film, which has been delayed for long already, the producer and distributors are dragging their feet on taking a decision.

There has been a request to release the movie in June.

Ajith has left the decision to the producers.

God Father's music released recently has been a super hit. A R Rehman's tunes have been rocking the State.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20705.html

Justice
2nd March 2006, 10:20 AM
Godfather albu is :thumbsup:

:clap:

dinesh2002
2nd March 2006, 12:17 PM
Deal finalized. Godfather makes way to Tirupathi!! March 02, 2006

The date of release for Ajith starrer, Godfather, has been finalized. Thanks to the sagacity and responsible attitude of producer AVM Saravanan, what was a major bone of contention has been resolved amicably. See, Godfather had gone on floors long ago. But, production suffered from several bottlenecks and Ajith meanwhile was committed for Paramasivan and Tirupathi. Producer of Godfather, Chakravarthy and director K.S. Ravikumar approached producer Saravanan for accommodation. He gladly granted 25 days out of the callsheet of Tirupathi. With these days, both Godfather and Paramasivan were completed. Paramasivan was released on Pongal and is doing well. But, there was a fresh contention about the date of release of Godfather.

AVM Saravanan requested that the film be released about 45 days before or after Tirupathi. Therefore, Chakravarthy has decided to release the film after Tirupathi. Audio of Tirupathi will be released on March 10 and the film will be released either on or before April 14. Godfather would hit the screen on June 2
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/mar-06-01/02-03-06-ajith.html

dude
3rd March 2006, 07:14 AM
The mother of all GF music reviews:

http://www.geocities.com/craverajj/

rashid2raj
3rd March 2006, 11:46 AM
The mother of all GF music reviews:

Where's the father? :thumbsup:

inetk
3rd March 2006, 02:12 PM
Father!
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/2006/02/godfather.html

:lol:

rashid2raj
3rd March 2006, 04:00 PM
Father!
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/2006/02/godfather.html

:lol:

Thanks for father :lol:

sloshed
3rd March 2006, 09:41 PM
Finally the album is out... and I can see the die hard fans craving about it... frankly there is no great shakes in this album...
In fact I was worried that all the songs would be smoke-breaks ..thank god Kamma Karaile saved the day ... its the only USP for the movie... Inisai is good.. My real agony is the way SPB has been handled in this album.. disappointing song from the legend.

Given the day ... either the song has to be real good and make a compelling viewing... or it has to have the right situations... ARR came up in trumps in RDB .. songwise and moviewise.. I dont trust KSR in that department.. I think these songs are more than enuf for him to handle.....
I am still petrified to think that Illamai may be the intro song to some Ajith .. and imbibe the torture of seeing him dance.. please Ajith .. thou cant dance.. accept it (Like Maddy) and move on....
I think when it comes to ARR albums Dinesh is the best judge.... but I can see him change his opinions based on somebody else's analysis/reviews ... Dinesh stick to your gun man.... You know when its a real 'ARR' album ... this one is just for keeps...

Waiting for JOK

rashid2raj
3rd March 2006, 09:58 PM
Finally the album is out... and I can see the die hard fans craving about it... frankly there is no great shakes in this album...
In fact I was worried that all the songs would be smoke-breaks ..thank god Kamma Karaile saved the day ... its the only USP for the movie... Inisai is good.. My real agony is the way SPB has been handled in this album.. disappointing song from the legend.

Given the day ... either the song has to be real good and make a compelling viewing... or it has to have the right situations... ARR came up in trumps in RDB .. songwise and moviewise.. I dont trust KSR in that department.. I think these songs are more than enuf for him to handle.....
I am still petrified to think that Illamai may be the intro song to some Ajith .. and imbibe the torture of seeing him dance.. please Ajith .. thou cant dance.. accept it (Like Maddy) and move on....
I think when it comes to ARR albums Dinesh is the best judge.... but I can see him change his opinions based on somebody else's analysis/reviews ... Dinesh stick to your gun man.... You know when its a real 'ARR' album ... this one is just for keeps...

Waiting for JOK

Godfather album rocks!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
You haven't even seen the dance yet, how could you judge Ajiths' dance skils??

My real agony is the way SPB has been handled in this album.. disappointing song from the legend.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: how else should he have "handled" Katril song ????

sloshed
3rd March 2006, 10:30 PM
Rashid...

you dont have to watch the song to comment on Ajith's dance....
Its a given .. more like the 11th commandment..... I hope I am not pissing off any Ajith's fans here.... but thats the truth.... shaking a hip here and there doeant make a dance...( I think in ullasam he wasa dance teacher or something.. blame it all on God)...

with regards to SPB.... did ARR really need SPB to sing that song.. some stupid 'sahibas' thrown at will.... ?? Look what he does to Lata.. he calls her only when he thinks he can do justice to her songs... 'enthan vananin' from Kadhal Virus is an example.. great stuff... dont have to write about Duet.. thats a classic... We get to hear SPB once in a while.. I would rather prefer him to stay put wherever he is than this..... to say the least La La La from Poi was much better than this song...As for the 'godfather rocks' I dodnt expect anything less from you ... peaz out

rashid2raj
3rd March 2006, 11:10 PM
Rashid...

you dont have to watch the song to comment on Ajith's dance....
Its a given .. more like the 11th commandment..... I hope I am not pissing off any Ajith's fans here.... but thats the truth.... shaking a hip here and there doeant make a dance...( I think in ullasam he wasa dance teacher or something.. blame it all on God)...

Well, there could be a surprice :thumbsup:

with regards to SPB.... did ARR really need SPB to sing that song.. some stupid 'sahibas' thrown at will.... ?? Look what he does to Lata.. he calls her only when he thinks he can do justice to her songs... 'enthan vananin' from Kadhal Virus is an example.. great stuff... dont have to write about Duet.. thats a classic... We get to hear SPB once in a while.. I would rather prefer him to stay put wherever he is than this..... to say the least La La La from Poi was much better than this song...As for the 'godfather rocks' I dodnt expect anything less from you ... peaz out

I feel SPB has done full justice to that wonderfull song along with Sadhana! But, hmm. If you say, that SPB gotta be more "choosy", it may be your opinion :huh:

interz
4th March 2006, 02:21 AM
spb is a matching voice for this song, i didnt like "Kathalenum" from Kathalar THinam, "Suttri Suttri Vantheeha" from Padaiyappa in beginning but those songs were mainly good because of SPB, he never fails to impress.

dinesh2002
4th March 2006, 05:33 AM
enna la ithu....suddenly im beein brought inside ur review....Godfather is a good album man....Kamma karayil saves the album???? :lol: infact,i felt that was the song which brought the album's standard slightly lower.... not only it had irritating lyrics...the song sounds funny when its listed with other gems in the album, Innisai,Deepavali,etc etc..... about katril song....SPB voice sounds quite boring to me...dunno y...i think ARR should avoid using him for time beeing...unless its for a Rajini starer album,then i think he should use him... Katril song's credit goes 100% to Sadhana,never heard her so sweet ever since Senghidene - Alaipayuthey.... when Madhushree came into the picture,i tout Sadhana is gone...but listen to this....she proves she is still the best.... probably ARR should use SPB's son....SPB Charan...dunno whats gonna hapen for Shivaji.... still not comfartable with ARR-Shankar-SPB :hammer: :banghead:

dinesh2002
4th March 2006, 05:39 AM
[tscii:98cb8e7d4a]Asin’s movie in June- Thirupathi to be released in April

A great confusion was arising between the release of the most expected films God Father and Thirupathi. Finally, Thirupathi was decided to be released first and God Father as second. Audio release of God Father is over and the film is expected to be released in the month of June. The outcome of the release of the songs of God Father is marvelous. Let’s all wait for the combination of Asin and Ajith till the month of June to be hit on large screens.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/2702/news/asin.html[/tscii:98cb8e7d4a]

ansa400
4th March 2006, 02:48 PM
Hi guyz,

There was a news in the beginning that a song composed for JAGGUBAI was used for GODFATHER. Any guess on the song? I think its KAATRIL song coz it was sung by SPB.

Scale
4th March 2006, 03:07 PM
:shock: What happened to Ajith's song on vocals? :roll:

njv
4th March 2006, 06:09 PM
KMMusiq is an audio company owned by ARR. Heard abt it last week but couldnt confirm. Dinesh I sent a PM abt this as well. After looking at this site http://www.kmmusiq.com it seems to be the case.

dinesh2002
4th March 2006, 06:42 PM
KMMusiq is an audio company owned by ARR. Heard abt it last week but couldnt confirm. Dinesh I sent a PM abt this as well. After looking at this site http://www.kmmusiq.com it seems to be the case.

yes man...replied to u odey...will post the message from Vijay iyer soon!!

Scale
4th March 2006, 07:21 PM
Check my earlier posts in the same thread. Vijay Iyer 1 of the close associate of ARR is involved in this project. No info yet about Rahman himself owns it?

Justice
8th March 2006, 05:14 AM
june 2nd... long wait :roll:

A.ANAND
8th March 2006, 05:20 AM
NIC ARTS S.S CHACRAVARTHY ANNAUCE RELEASE DATE OF GF MOVIE. FOR MORE DETAILES..WWW.CINESOUTH.COM

dinesh2002
8th March 2006, 08:34 PM
[tscii:8f46071fa1]Release date of ‘Godfather’ announced - Tuesday, March 07, 2006 at 04:50
Release date of ‘Godfather’ announced :

We have heard of surmounting hurdles. But ‘Godfather’ is surmounting several mountainous problems to finally get released. Producer Nic Arts Chakravarthy has finally announced the release date of ‘Godfather’ where Ajith does 3 roles. When one looks at what all ‘Godfather’ has gone through, one can write a whole history about it, but we will talk instead of happier times. He won’t lie down, he won’t let others lie down is a saying that’s apt for Chakravarthy. Whenever Ajith gave his call sheet, he would go underground. The minute Ajith accepted some other film proposal, he would appear like an ominous ogre and create problems for Ajith. When AVM announced release of ‘Thirupati’ on April 14th, Chakravarthy insisted that ‘Godfather’ was only started first, so it should only get released first. But this is a matter of pride for AVM because except for ‘Sivaji,’ they always announce the release date of their films on the day of the pooja itself. In accordance with their view, they announced April 14 as release date for ‘Thirupati.’

Chakravarthy’s sudden announcement like this, made them go to the film federation for a solution. Their solution: “‘Thirupati’ will get released on April 14 as per the original announcement. ‘Godfather’ can be released 45 days before or 45 days after that.” Chakravarthy has borrowed from all sides to make his film and to release it 45 days before April 14 is not possible for him. So, he has scheduled June 2 as the release date of ‘Godfather.’ In one year, ‘Godfather’ has seen 10 release dates. Will it finally happen on June 2? It’s all in Chakravarthy’s hands!

http://ajithfans.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=901[/tscii:8f46071fa1]

njv
9th March 2006, 08:32 AM
happened to watch few scenes from GF and very interesting. Its hard to decide a movie from just half hour short promo material but two things I observed

1. BGM is excellent
2. Songs are pretty good (my review initially was listening to the CD). Ilamai is going to be a treat for ARR and Ajth fans :)
3. Ajith is excellent - He comes in many "make ups" and must be a treat for his fans. You could also see the BIG FAT ajith and thin slim ajith

ansa400
9th March 2006, 10:53 AM
happened to watch few scenes from GF and very interesting. Its hard to decide a movie from just half hour short promo material but two things I observed

:shock: How did u happen to see the half hour promo? Any more updates on the movie?

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 07:30 PM
Cast - Ajith (plays 3 characters), Asin Thottungal, Khushboo

Director - K.S.Ravikumar

Producer - S.S.Chakravarthy, NIC Arts

Art - Thotta Tharani

Camera - P.C.Sreeram

Lyrics - Vairamuthu

Choreography - Raju Sundaram

Stunts - Kanal Kannan

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 07:32 PM
KATRIL ORU VARTHAI - SONG IS SUPER HIT MELODY.

Lotusrose
9th March 2006, 07:36 PM
ILLAMAI SONGS IS VERY WELL.

ansa400
9th March 2006, 09:57 PM
Cast - Ajith (plays 3 characters), Asin Thottungal, Khushboo

Director - K.S.Ravikumar

Producer - S.S.Chakravarthy, NIC Arts

Art - Thotta Tharani

Camera - P.C.Sreeram

Lyrics - Vairamuthu

Choreography - Raju Sundaram

Stunts - Kanal Kannan

Thank u, I never knew Ajith has acted in this movie. :lol:

ansa400
10th March 2006, 10:26 AM
GodFather is removed from Raaga.com's movie index, dunno why? :huh:

ansa400
10th March 2006, 04:38 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20931.html
When asked director K S Ravikumar, he says, 'I don't know about Sivaji's release. But it is one of the big movies in Tamil film industry involving big names like Rajinikanth, Shankar and AVM Productions. Dasvatharam too is a big movie for it features Kamal Hassan in ten different roles'.

He also clarified that ‘Ajith is not playing a eunuch in his next release God Father. Rather he plays a classical dancer whose movements makes one think so.'[/tscii:9a2dfc4acd]

muzammil84
10th March 2006, 07:30 PM
GodFather is removed from Raaga.com's movie index, dunno why?

Ansa I think, any arr fan must be send to raaga that don't release ARR albem , coz since Mangal pandey they put it and removed quickly.

dinesh2002
11th March 2006, 09:50 AM
KSR breaks secret of Ajith's eunuch role - Friday, March 10, 2006 at 20:08
KSR breaks secret of Ajith's eunuch role :

It's like so near and yet so far. Imagine how a hungry man will feel when a packet of biriyani remains at arm's length. That's how Ajith's fans feel about his film 'Godfather' not being released. There are many reasons for the people's attention to still remain on 'Godfather' despite its delayed release. K S Ravi Kumar, who has directed Ajith in a dual role, has directed him in a triple role in this film. More than his usual role and an old man's role, the thing that caught people's attention is the rumour that Ajith with a clean shaven face does the role of a eunuch. KS refutes that the role is that of a eunuch. Then what kind of role is that? K S has maintained silence till now and he has now broken it over the case of the eunuch role.

"One of the 3 roles Ajith does in 'Godfather' is of a classical dancer. Classical dancers generally have clean shaven faces, so the abhinaya they show is visible to the audience. For this reason, Ajith sacrificed his moustache and seeing him looking clean shaven and standing in captivating dance poses, people started to spread the rumor that Ajith is doing the role of a eunuch." If we get such descriptions every now and then about 'Godfather,' the starving fans will at least feel as if they are looking at trailers year long!

http://ajithfans.com/news/news_item.asp?NewsID=907

Thiru
13th March 2006, 02:17 AM
Listened to Godfather again after a gap... The chorus 'innisai alapadaiye' is a great piece of improvisation from ARR... The variation in the background everytime the pallavi is repeated is truly rahman-isque....

interz
13th March 2006, 07:31 PM
anybody knows why godfather songs doesnt exist in raaga ??? they got all the other latest releases, and a average album like chitram pesuthedi tops the chart. why raaga?? Godfather songs deserves to be enjoyed, by those who cant afford to buy cds/audiocasettes(lol)

Thiru
13th March 2006, 07:55 PM
A song like 'vaazha meenukkum' topping the charts shows the level of Raaga's top 10....

Ramakrishna
13th March 2006, 08:41 PM
A song like 'vaazha meenukkum' topping the charts shows the level of Raaga's top 10....

But that song is good.

Djpak
13th March 2006, 10:34 PM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000787.html
here is the godfather songs on raaga (;

united07
14th March 2006, 08:38 AM
Yaa Thiru,

That songs 'Vaazha Meenukkum' is good.....very enjoyable.
The picturisation is good too...although Malavika looks like a 'Vaazha Tandu' :)

MrJudge
14th March 2006, 09:02 AM

'Vaala meenukkum' is a nice one and genuine gana that comes out rarely in tfm. This song is a favorite among all viewers in satellite channels and the movie has been re-released all over in TN.

MADDY
14th March 2006, 10:07 AM

'Vaala meenukkum' is a nice one and genuine gana that comes out rarely in tfm. This song is a favorite among all viewers in satellite channels and the movie has been re-released all over in TN.

yaaa, for once i wud agree with judge :D ......the song is a big catch with ppl. in TN.....i cud see that in my last trip to chennai.....but i guess, raaga dont have consistency on the parameters on which they judge a song as no.1.....sometimes it is audio sales, sometimes popularity, sometimes class, sometimes no .of requests in their site but most of the times, i shuld say, BIAS..... :D

sloshed
14th March 2006, 09:59 PM
Thiru,
Vaazha meenukkum... is a genuine treat to hear.. a proper gana after a looong time.... That guyz voice is simply catchy... though I cant go to the theatres to see that movie.. but from the face of it.. I can only imagine what the reaction in theatres will be when the songs comes up.....

These days its great to seee so many new comers.. coming up with good music.... I feel realy sad for the guy who composed 'Kundakka Mandakka' ..The song 'Mun Jenmam Seitha' (male version) .. is one of THE best songs last year... still no mention of that song anywhere....

Vadivel-Parthi Keduthuthangiya ....Keduthuthanga !!! :-)

sloshed
14th March 2006, 10:02 PM
oops.. Sorry I didnt realise it was Bharadwaj... still that guy is still a new comer.. :-) .. I hope he can come up with consistent music

dinesh2002
15th March 2006, 09:53 AM
i dun think Baradwaj can be called a new comer man...he is been composing since 1998 [ Kadhal Mannan ]...isnt it???

dinesh2002
15th March 2006, 09:55 AM
back to GF...i cant stop listenin to Innisai...such a great score....the innisai chorus too another magic....i rate this 2 the best of GF...:D

selvakumar
16th March 2006, 06:36 PM
back to GF...i cant stop listenin to Innisai...such a great score....the innisai chorus too another magic....i rate this 2 the best of GF...:D

I beg to differ..

I like Ilamai and Theeyil more.. ARR rocks :thumbsup:

In my list, Innisai will come after these two..

But Innisai is completely different when compared to all the songs. Esp, that sudden KUTHU introduction in the REMIX :clap:

sad
18th March 2006, 11:13 PM
vote for godfather songs http://www.oli.sg/top10songs.htm

current position
1. GF - kaatril oru varthai
2. CP - vazha meenu
3. GF - illamai
4. GF - innisai
5. GF - theeyil

lancelot
18th March 2006, 11:29 PM
hya guys....wat about Kammakarayil????? i'v just stared to love that song ......am hooked on to it.......NI's singing is amazing.....i love his voice

hehe

rayan36
19th March 2006, 04:28 PM
:wink: This is my first post in this forum.......palandu vazhga ISAI PUYAL ARR
8-)

so hows the audio sales going in malaysia......any news.well i bought the cd & its presentation is so cool...its been a long time a rahman cd contain's lyrics......when five star audio came with its first arr cd which is ALAIPAYUTHEY followed by KK there's no lyrics booklet in it...do no why.....when PYRAMID CO. and ALAI OSAI released ARR THERE MUST BE A LYRICS BOOKLET...the last time i saw a cd with lyrics is in MUDHALVAN AND TAJ MAHAL both released by ALAI OSAI. Thanks to AGI music for its release :wink: :wink:

united07
20th March 2006, 08:12 AM
Hey I'm just curios...am I the first one to discover or have I missed the discussion?

If anyone in Malaysia or Singapore bought the GodFather CD distributed by KM MUSIQ, you would have noticed there is an interview given by Vairamuthu, Asin, SS Chakravarthy and KSR about ARR. Why no one have ever spoke about it?

You can download the file from http://www.leentube.com/gf/godfather.zip

KM Musiq (as rumoured before) is not ARR's company. It's a malaysian company.

Interestingly, on the interview KSR even mentioned that we can go to KM MUSIQ website and download GF songs legally. But the site is not even done!

mmmm

rayan36
20th March 2006, 08:41 AM
i think Km Musiq is in india, but the distributors here is AGI MUSIC, maybe they r connected in some way.......BTW, did u notice that when Asin told that they shot a song which is Katril.this is the first song ever composed in this album!!!!!! which is a year ago :wink:

rayan36
20th March 2006, 09:00 AM
HERE'S MY LISTING:

1. Theyil Vizhuntha (alway the best)
2. Katril
3. Innisai (all Versions)
4.Ilamai- both
5. Kamakaraiyale
6. Dinam Dinam

:wink: :wink: :wink:

the amma song is very heart wrenching but some my friends aren't very convinced with song or the album........what gives :huh: :huh: :banghead:

july
23rd March 2006, 09:14 AM
Godfather album not worth waiting... for me
only 3 version of Innisai is good.....
others song sound really crap :roll: ..... Ah Aah and RDB much more better than this album..
hope JOK and Shivaji sound good... 8-)

selvakumar
23rd March 2006, 10:56 AM
others song sound really crap :roll: ..... Ah Aah and RDB much more better than this album..

Sure RDB is better than GODFATHER.

But Ah Aah :lol:

Dude, Are u serious with that one?

rayan36
23rd March 2006, 02:54 PM

:shock: how can u say this,what about katril, theyil vizhuntha (top pick), kamakaraiyil, you should get u ears cleaned :? :?
Wait till the movie releases, and see it for ur self 8-) 8-)

rayan36
27th March 2006, 06:34 PM
[tscii:e4bb828753]Godfather: Establishing a new province within the Rahmaniac’s heaven!

A 5s review :wink: :wink:

[/tscii:e4bb828753]

ansa400
28th March 2006, 04:08 PM
[tscii:3aa7d40ba5]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-01/27-03-06-ajith.html

Father Ajith and Villain Ajith and an upbeat Ravikumar

The moment you meet Director K S Ravikumar these days, you will find a 70mm smile breaking upon his face. The guy is upbeat for his Godfather, with Ajith in the lead has come up to his expectations. Slated to release this May after Tirupathi, the movie features Ajith in three lead roles—father, son and villain. “Ajith comes in three roles and four get-ups,” beams Ravikumar and continues, “It’s a thrilling story. When a village can split for the sake of a single hero, imagine what it can do for three strong characters. Ajith has given an excellent performance. Ajith as father has two sons; one is the hero and the other is the villain. Hero Ajith pairs with Asin and father Ajith pairs with Kaniha. It’s an action-cum-entertaining film.” K S Ravikumar need not have said that. Everyone in the industry knows that when Ravikumar makes a movie, it ought to be entertaining and hilarious.

Ajith who is now working in Tirupathi has one more song to complete for Godfather. But he can’t do it right now. He sports a moustache and beard for his role in Tirupathi and unless it completes he can’t shave off his beard. Tirupathi will be releasing this Tamil New Year’s Day, that is April 14th.
“Throughout the movie Father Ajith and Villain Ajith are at loggerheads,” says Ravikumar. Further he adds: “Hero Ajith’s Bharath Naatiyam dance is the highlight of the film. He is not a classical dancer but two days of training and wow, you must see him performing.” According to Ravikumar, the movie is going to be a turning point not only to Ajith but also to him.

Ravikumar confesses that he did face a lot of problems while making Godfather but that he has solved all of them. “I’m a firm believer in what Lord Krishna says in the Gita. Do your duty but expect no fruits thereof,” he concludes. Both Ajtih and Ravikumar are sure that Godfather would be a turning point to their career.

[/tscii:3aa7d40ba5]

thamizhvaanan
29th March 2006, 05:31 PM
[tscii:dc2dfecc90]Godfather: Establishing a new province within the Rahmaniac’s heaven!

A 5s review :wink: :wink:

[/tscii:dc2dfecc90]

wow!! i thot rahman composed Godfather when he was half asleep :wink: everyone says tat GF is not among ARR's best, but even in such an average album (by ARR's standard) he comes up with so much creativity and ingenuity. he seems to be never in teh OFF mode. it is bewildering taht ppl still compare ARR to mortals and bash him.
Gudwork Keshav, great and DETAILED review. inbetween, i lost the count of number of new instruments taht ARR has used in this album :!: .

rayan36
29th March 2006, 05:46 PM
wow!! i thot rahman composed Godfather when he was half asleep :wink: everyone says tat GF is not among ARR's best, but even in such an average album (by ARR's standard) he comes up with so much creativity and ingenuity. he seems to be never in teh OFF mode. it is bewildering taht ppl still compare ARR to mortals and bash him.
Gudwork Keshav, great and DETAILED review. inbetween, i lost the count of number of new instruments taht ARR has used in this album :!: .

That's the magic of it :wink: :wink: Wait till' the movie come out which we have to wait 2 MONTHS :x :x

NOV
29th March 2006, 06:55 PM
Agi Music, a Malaysian company, holds the world distribution rights except in India. This is the same company whch released IR's Thiruvasakam in Symphony and Guru Ramana Geetham.

If you notice the cover of Godfather, you will see the words "enhanced CD" which means you can play on your computer and when you do that, you get to watch the aforesaid interviews.

Be Original, Buy Original :thumbsup:

doraip
18th April 2006, 03:57 AM
God Father Songs sucks, including the much hyped Theyil Vizuntha. Why has he turned into so much patho mode these days. No variation, its boring.

Inisai...I cannot understand the head and tail out of this song. Its so boring, mediocre, have never had the patience to listen it completely.

ARR is still trying to regain his touch since he lost it around 2000....

svaisn
18th April 2006, 05:09 AM
God Father Songs sucks, including the much hyped Theyil Vizuntha. Why has he turned into so much patho mode these days. No variation, its boring.

Inisai...I cannot understand the head and tail out of this song. Its so boring, mediocre, have never had the patience to listen it completely.

ARR is still trying to regain his touch since he lost it around 2000....
Did anyone ask u now......

Just becos the thread has no activity for the past few days..... au r trying to create a discussion...... Try something else sir... for a change

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 09:35 AM
svaisn, its easy...he cant take it songs like GF actually beeing accepted eventhough Innisai has a complicating arrangements.....so i guess he is showing his vaitherichal here...

doraip, continue magane...continue....only Innisai doesnt have the proper head & tail or any other??? what about arabic flavour beeing added in Katril Oru Varthai song??? :P

svaisn
18th April 2006, 10:07 AM
svaisn, its easy...he cant take it songs like GF actually beeing accepted eventhough Innisai has a complicating arrangements.....so i guess he is showing his vaitherichal here...

doraip, continue magane...continue....only Innisai doesnt have the proper head & tail or any other??? what about arabic flavour beeing added in Katril Oru Varthai song??? :P

arabic flavoura??

doraip therinchathu ellam choc, vanilla, straberry flavour than

Scale
18th April 2006, 11:23 AM
[tscii:79b2f5ff5d]Kaatril has certainly grown after few listenings. Probably one of the best duet version in recent times. Initially, the "sahiba" sounds very odd but SPB's entry and a twist in the form of "snehidhe" is really soothing! The accordian debut in the song is totally mesmerising! The lyrics are prolonged for a subtle meaning. Perfect choice of vocals SPB & Sadhana. Eagerly awaiting to watch it on the BIG Screen.

Thanks to coolcrave for his excellent review! :clap:

Song: Kaathril Oru vaarthai – A breezy loyal whisper – 6: 04mins.
Singers: S.P.Balasubramaniam, Sadhana Sargam and Reena Bharadwaj (Click here to listen to an exclusive interview about her).
Genre: Sentimental Pop.

The breezy effects of this song are lovable. Sadhana in a delicate manner renders the first two lines from pallavi of the song emotionally. She is accompanied by haunting chord progressions bursting in passion. The Dholak and tinkles of the hand cymbals conquers the melodic atmosphere subsequently changing the mood of the song. Reena then enters into a Middle Eastern music mode with Reena singing phrases “hey Hey sahibbah” on air, melodically interesting. The violin enters in vigorously, proving its music ability in the song. Then it’s back to a full pallavi where the accordion makes its debut, dramatically enchanting the melody. The melodic boost here is the bright ascending notes from the keyboard played over the background. An Undeniable breathtaking start. S.P.B comes in the picture singing “Snehidi or my girlfriend”. When S.P.B renders the caranam the rhythms sync in with perfect timing, sharpening notes executions in the melody. A fantastic reverb effect is used from 2: 14 to 2: 16 on the dholak. A distinct instrumental arrangement occupies the second part of the caranam. Filled with strings, and guitar, it transmits a dazzling mood shift. The second caranam is filled with a pitiful synth effect which highlights the lyrics of the song there. Both S.P.B and sadhana goes on demonstrating their vocal versatility while rendering the caranams taking on various mood and hues of sentiment. The beats of the song moves unsoiled while handling different parts of the song. The rhythm transition is so perfect that moods are unpredictable directly flattering the soul of a listener. The track moves on to flourish on more melodic creativity. S.P.B breaks in an unusual feel while he renders the pallavi for the first time at the end of the song. The duet in the pallavi is luxurious; it just heightens the emotional bliss of a listener. The song ends with Sadhana’s “Hey hey snehida or hey hey my boyfriend” and a sharp execution of the dholak. Just amazing.

Singers: An incredible vocal line-up evoking a music paradise at instant. A distinct music adaptability of S.P.B. makes him one of the most sort after playback singer in India. He proved his versatile vocal execution in Ah Aah’s Thazhuvudu Nazhuvudu in R & B genre. Now a sentimental genre? What more lies ahead for him is capricious. Sadhana on the other hand is the female counterpart of S.P.B. She devours the finest of what music has to offer. The duo lends beauty to this song not only by their vocal but Tamil dictions. Both of them are amateurs in the A.R.Rahman league. Reena had her share of fame in Menaaxi’s Hey Rishta and the recent duet with Kavitha krishnamurty in Mangal pandey’s Mai vari Vari. Although new, she is riding high with her vocal chords.

Interludes: Two stunning interludes support this song. The first one from 1: 36 to 2: 03. The strings take part actively in the first interlude. Every dynamic violin strokes is responded with a sharp rhythmic expression based on the Middle Eastern style creating a unique fusion at whole. The whole atmosphere of the interlude is transformed into a subtle sequence when S.P.B. and Sadhana comes into its next phase. The subtle version highlights their vocals with the support of the accordion. The second interlude from 3: 15 to 3: 55 takes us into another dimension of the song. This interlude is vibrant, having a tremolo effect on S.P.B.’s rhythmic syllable rendering. The strings cry to a brighter tune along with the piano and the accordion here. The chord progression here is something to watch out for. Then as the first interlude, the magical tune manifests into the main mood of the song having the strings section making the first move. Wow mind blowing!

Mood, Melody and Emotion: The song doesn’t totally put you in somber. There are brighter sequences in the melody which portray a blissful mood. Take for instance the start of the second interlude. The melody has shades of the carnatic ragas Natabhairavi and Sindhubhairavi. Both ragas were used extensively in Alaipauthey’s “Snehidhane Snehidhane”. These ragas are perfect help in bringing out that accurate mood proportions of the song. The emotion characterized in this song is the longing for love, and mixed love confessions made by the hero and heroin. A fine love song indeed.

Lyrics: The lyrics for this song are spectacular. There phrase kaathril Orr vaarthai itself is enough to inject high dosage of astonishment into listeners. The lyrics are based on strong confessions made by the lovers about their level of purity in love. The lyrics also inform us about the lover’s converse their expectation in a love relationship in regards to gender.

[/tscii:79b2f5ff5d]

Loved this Song! :clap:

Scale
18th April 2006, 11:28 AM
karthik,can you guess now who is "Thunderbird"!

selvakumar
18th April 2006, 11:46 AM
Scale,
what kind of great finding is this? :lol: when it is straight.

GF Audio still rocks my desktop. :D

Expecting the movie and the song picturisation more. 8-) :D

Scale
18th April 2006, 11:53 AM
Selva,

adhu puriyadha silarukku thaan. :D I know what are the speciality in GF song's and I can even discuss in songs like kamma karayil & dhinam dhinam deepavali (check coolcrave's review and others in ARR YG).

Another point is If you are seriously following every album of ARR's with a neutral perspective then U will know how different are Godfather Songs (w,w/o comparing others).

sila neram LOW profile maintain panna vendi irukku enna pandrathu. :sad:

selvakumar
18th April 2006, 12:32 PM
Another point is If you are seriously following every album of ARR's with a neutral perspective then U will know how different are Godfather Songs (w,w/o comparing others).

Scale,
Though I don't have any favorite MD, I appreciate the good works from all MDs. Reg the bad works, I stay away. The reason is : Everyone can't be perfect all the time.

But to be honest, GF is one of the best ARR albums I have ever heard. I am telling this not because I am a fan of ajith. But all the songs are much different and they are unique in their own way.

With RDB, GF etc rocking, He had proved why he is still the best when it comes to path-breaking ones. :thumbsup:

lancelot
18th April 2006, 02:41 PM

Scale,
Though I don't have any favorite MD, I appreciate the good works from all MDs. Reg the bad works, I stay away. The reason is : Everyone can't be perfect all the time.

But to be honest, GF is one of the best ARR albums I have ever heard. I am telling this not because I am a fan of ajith. But all the songs are much different and they are unique in their own way.

With RDB, GF etc rocking, He had proved why he is still the best when it comes to path-breaking ones. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hehe

Music4Ever
18th April 2006, 08:47 PM
"ARR is still trying to regain his touch since he lost it around 2000...."

Facts don't support this observation. Some of ARR's post 2000 movies such as Lagaan, Kannathil muthamittal, KangaLal Kaidhu Sei, Boys, Enakku 20 unakku 18, Aayitha Ezhuthu, Rang De Basanti, Swades, and Bose the Forgotten Hero had excellent music. Most of these movies flopped, taking the songs down along with them. I would suggest that even his so-called mediocre albums like New, A Ah, Godfather, and Udaya had many good songs.

selvakumar
19th April 2006, 11:47 AM
I would suggest that even his so-called mediocre albums like New, A Ah, Godfather, and Udaya had many good songs.

It is funny to see GODFATHER along with the likes of New, Udaya etc.

Trust me.. GODFATHER album is a huge hit and had undone the other not so good albums..

It is pretty strange to see you list GF in that critiera even though it can't match RDB :oops:

rayan36
19th April 2006, 06:52 PM
"ARR is still trying to regain his touch since he lost it around 2000...."

Facts don't support this observation. Some of ARR's post 2000 movies such as Lagaan, Kannathil muthamittal, KangaLal Kaidhu Sei, Boys, Enakku 20 unakku 18, Aayitha Ezhuthu, Rang De Basanti, Swades, and Bose the Forgotten Hero had excellent music. Most of these movies flopped, taking the songs down along with them. I would suggest that even his so-called mediocre albums like New, A Ah, Godfather, and Udaya had many good songs.

excellent music...... yes...those movie fopped......yes.....taking the songs down with them...no my brother :wink: in fact it helped those movie's to get some reputation :wink:

I can't believe GF in your so called mediocre ARR album's, we will just have to wait 'till the movie comes out. Some people just don't get the fell in songs of any album until the movie is out eg; the fish song in CP :wink:

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 03:49 PM
what happened to this movie??? when is it suppose to release??? also any updates on the songs's status??

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 04:51 PM
guys...listen to the audio of Katril & Deepavail of the videos which released online...they r quite diff from the cd's version!!

selvakumar
24th April 2006, 04:56 PM
what happened to this movie??? when is it suppose to release??? also any updates on the songs's status??

Dinesh,
It is releasing on JUNE 2. In all the areas, We (Ajithfans) have checked with the respective theatre owners.

ViraiviL

"RasigarKalin ISAI KADAVUL AR RAHMANIN MIRATTUM ISAIYIL
ENGAL KADAVULIN MOONDRU MUGA THIRAI OORVALAM"

:thumbsup:

P.S: May I know where I can download those videos? (online version)

muzammil84
25th April 2006, 12:21 AM
u can download at uyirvani.com/forums

dinesh2002
25th April 2006, 10:56 AM
u guys can have the respective different versions in 320kbps...just for some collection : [sorry for the not so satisfying quality,coz the video isnt that clear either,but i guess its OK] 8-)

http://www.oxyshare.com/d/0hcjyuuVdYO/God_Father_Kaatril_Version2.mp3.html

http://www.oxyshare.com/d/t12PT2eYVbE/God_Father_Dinam_Deepavali_Version2.mp3.html

in katril...overall the arrangements r quite different,esp the second interlude !!!

for Dhinam Deepavali...the 1st interlude has diff arrangements...

when u actually listen to these versions...u will actually think " ARR really improvises his songs ALLOT!!!!!!"

ansa400
3rd May 2006, 12:07 PM
[tscii:af8bc3d6d2]
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14196176

`Godfather` is ready!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 03 May , 2006, 09:10

Ajit can heave a sigh of relief as his long-in-the-making K.S.Ravikumar directed Godfather shoot is complete including the last song. The unit members broke a Poosnikai the traditional way to complete a film.
Now what remains is mixing and other technical work which will take only a week for the first copy to be ready. Ravikumar who has gone to US for some preliminary work of his next film Dasavatharam is expected to be back in Chennai by May 15.

Says Balasubramaniam Mannadiyar who holds the satellite and Coimbatore rights of the film: “I saw some rushes of the film and it has all the makings of a super hit. Ajit is amazing in a triple role and we are trying our best to release the film by June 9”.

Meanwhile NIC Arts Chakravarthy the producer of Godfather is also trying to start his long pending film AC with S.J.Suryah and Silambarasan before the release of Godfather. This time the financiers and distributors are putting all pressure to see that the film releases in June.

[/tscii:af8bc3d6d2]

A.ANAND
3rd May 2006, 03:01 PM
ennum 1 maasam wait pannanuma!!!!oh my god!!!???

selvakumar
3rd May 2006, 04:05 PM
Ansa,
Thanks for the article. :D

But We are pretty much tired after having heard so many release dates. We thought that June 2 would be the final thing. Seems that won't happen.. Again a delay :(

Anyhow, Whatever be the case, IT will be released within June :P

dinesh2002
3rd May 2006, 05:50 PM
Its cool to see Godfather movie is in the news headline.... June...hmmm....goodness...4 months gap between audio & movie...not a healthy thing!!

rayan36
3rd May 2006, 06:33 PM
I think they picturized the Kama Kama song; cause it wasn't i the trailer .....Thank god the song wasn't dropped :D

selvakumar
3rd May 2006, 06:53 PM
Definitly GF is one of the most expected films this year !

KSR didn't want to lose a song in the film :D

So, he accepted Ajith's callsheet for a week and he shot that.

ARR + AJITH + KSR + VAIRAMUTHU .. This combo is gonna rock the world :thumbsup:

We are getting superb previews regarding this movie and the song picturisation :D

I am expecting ILAMAI , INNISAI, THEEYIL SONG PICTURISATION very much :D

Ramakrishna
4th May 2006, 09:36 PM
Something about GF

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gnXeviKl8&search=asin

Agni
8th May 2006, 04:02 PM
God father songs super.

I have heared lot of times.

Innisa remix one is really super.the song start with karnatic and in between there was Kuthu music and finished with wonderful female voice.

Theeyil vizuntha song made me feel much.ARR ur great, almost he sings like crying :clap:

Ilamai song. ethnai thdavai ketalum Intersting aa irukkathu.

Agni
8th May 2006, 04:04 PM
Katril oru vaarthai ---

"Sutri ennai sulatrum thuyaramadi ennai netri potukadyil vaithu kolladi"

wat a line from SPB, after a long time,i have more impressed with SPB voice. :clap:

dinesh2002
8th May 2006, 04:43 PM
God father songs super.

I have heared lot of times.

Innisa remix one is really super.the song start with karnatic and in between there was Kuthu music and finished with wonderful female voice.

Theeyil vizuntha song made me feel much.ARR ur great, almost he sings like crying :clap:

Ilamai song. ethnai thdavai ketalum Intersting aa irukkathu.

agni....ARR really cried for this song....its mentioned b4 in some news also u can listen to his crying emotion from 5:24 up to the ending.......

selvakumar
10th May 2006, 06:09 PM
I think the THE INTRODUCTIN BGM That comes during the middle of the Innisai song will remain as one of the BEST (probably the BEST) INtroductions of Ajith.

What an INtro... :clap:

The songs are hit already.. What I am expecting now is THE BGM OF GODFATHER :thumbsup:

I am sure ARR might have given one more MIRATTAL BGM (which we missed in an ajith movie for quite a long time)

ansa400
11th May 2006, 08:20 AM
Hopefully, the film should be releasing on 9th. Any idea abt when Bala's film with ajith is goin to take off?

selvakumar
11th May 2006, 10:29 AM
Hopefully, the film should be releasing on 9th. Any idea abt when Bala's film with ajith is goin to take off?

Shooting had already started off... They have finished 20 days of shooting already.. They are maintaining the getup etc as a secret :roll:

thamizhvaanan
11th May 2006, 10:53 AM
*digr*
really, never even heard it started. Well, working with bala is a huge leap for ajith IMO. I think both vikram and surya became smart and judicious only after working with bala. I am looking forward to this film. Is it still called naan kadavul?
*dogr*

selvakumar
11th May 2006, 02:00 PM
/dign

Yes.. Thamizh.. I am also waiting for this film. But it will eat up more time.. We might have to wait for a long time from here onwards. :(

This film was first named as "NaaNaE KadavuL".. Then the team changed it to "NaaN KadavuL".

/dgn

terminator
14th May 2006, 05:05 PM
A DTS DISC HAS BEEN RELEASED.

USUALLY THIS DISC WILL BE RELEASED AFTER THE MOVIE RELEASE.
BUT THIS TIME, THIS DISC HAS BEEN RELEASED IN ADVANCE FOR A MOVIE.
A GREAT MOVIE. A GREAT AUDIO.

THE MOVIE IS
the ULTIMATE STAR's, ISAI PUYAL's
GOD FATHER

PRICE - RS.125/-
STAR MUSIC RELEASE
8 SONGS
DTS MASTERING AT AM STUDIOS
DTS ENCODING AT MEDIA ARTISTS BY H SRIDHAR

GO AND GET IT.

Courtesy : ARR Group

dinesh2002
14th May 2006, 06:22 PM
A DTS DISC HAS BEEN RELEASED.

USUALLY THIS DISC WILL BE RELEASED AFTER THE MOVIE RELEASE.
BUT THIS TIME, THIS DISC HAS BEEN RELEASED IN ADVANCE FOR A MOVIE.
A GREAT MOVIE. A GREAT AUDIO.

THE MOVIE IS
the ULTIMATE STAR's, ISAI PUYAL's
GOD FATHER

PRICE - RS.125/-
STAR MUSIC RELEASE
8 SONGS
DTS MASTERING AT AM STUDIOS
DTS ENCODING AT MEDIA ARTISTS BY H SRIDHAR

GO AND GET IT.

Courtesy : ARR Group

will it be released in Malaysia???? even BOYS DTS is not released in malaysia :(

Music4Ever
14th May 2006, 09:01 PM
Man! The ILamai song is awesome. I just can't resist it. Simply overpowering. This is what a Rahman song can do once it gets into the system. My love for his numbers has not diminished one bit, even with so many other talented MD's on the rise.

ansa400
14th May 2006, 10:25 PM
Actually GF songs sound better if we hear it in headphones. Of course this is the case with all ARR albums, but you can feel the difference clearly with GF songs.

terminator
15th May 2006, 10:41 PM
Yea Ansa, when we listen in head phones we can clearly get the music. U can find lot of minute sounds used by our A R R.

baba88
31st May 2006, 05:27 PM
Is Godfather releasing next week ?
What's happening ?

selvakumar
31st May 2006, 05:56 PM
Is Godfather releasing next week ?
What's happening ?

Producer SSC is trying to release the movie as early as possible. He is ready with it (as per the recent developments).

But distributors are having an eye on other big budget movies releasing shortly. since PP had been released and vv release is in trouble, We can expect it to hit the theatres on June.. Still no official announcement ! :(

MumbaiRamki
2nd June 2006, 01:22 AM
http://mohankumars.com/Videos/God_Father_Promo_Videos/Katril_Oru_Vaarthai_PROMO_SMK.wmv

kaatril oru vaarthai video song -full!!!

Good picturisation and a fat ajith .Though thalai looks handsome .This should be unedited version ,i guess.They will d some color correction and sync

dinesh2002
2nd June 2006, 08:11 AM
http://mohankumars.com/Videos/God_Father_Promo_Videos/Katril_Oru_Vaarthai_PROMO_SMK.wmv

kaatril oru vaarthai video song -full!!!

Good picturisation and a fat ajith .Though thalai looks handsome .This should be unedited version ,i guess.They will d some color correction and sync

yes man,they released this 1 week b4 the audio got released,they also got release Deepavali video song full!!! both looked great!!!

rayan36
5th June 2006, 08:55 AM
They should've released THeeyil Vizhuntha n Kamakaraiyil.....both have excellent music :wink:

Scale
6th June 2006, 10:33 AM
Any updates on movie release? :roll:

A.ANAND
7th June 2006, 08:52 AM
Any updates on movie release? :roll:PADAM INTHA JENMATHILA VARATHU POLA :banghead: