PDA

View Full Version : Charting Our Health By The Stars?

pradheep
1st March 2007, 04:34 AM
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/02/070218140157.htm

Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council grantee Peter Austin and three other researchers at the Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences in Toronto have just completed a survey of hospital visits in Ontario, showing that, compared to people born under other astrological signs, Virgos have an increased risk of vomiting during pregnancy, Pisces have an increased risk of heart failure, and Libras have an increased risk of fracturing their pelvises.

In fact, each of the 12 astrological signs had at least two medical disorders associated with them, thus placing people born under a given sign at increased risk compared to those born under different signs.

The study, which used data from 10,000,000 Ontario residents in 2000, was conducted with tongue firmly in cheek.

pradheep
1st March 2007, 04:47 AM
The infant "modern science" is just starting to learn that astrology is not a supersitious fact but there is science behind it.

Unfortunately in India this astrology , which is a perfect and beautiful science has been totally misunderstood and lost the very purpose of it. As I have written in the other post, that astrological chart is like a progress card of a student of his previous performance and how that would determine his current life. This does not mean that he cannot change anything in life. He has to use his intellect and make correct choices in life (mathi) to steer his fate (vidhi). He cannot overcome most of the effects of the causes , but has the freedom to exercise choice in his life to make it better and reach the destination.

I see most of the people take astrology as a pretext to blame their wrong actions instead of self correcting. I see this in medical field where they blame it one "genes" for the diseases instead of self correcting their wrong life stlyes.

Astrology is not to make one self weak, like a progres card meant to make a student feel bad. It is just for the student to correct his actions and change his future.

Without understanding the truth of this great vedic science, we have fallen to the hands of some money minded astrologers. Again the fault is our's because our thought process is not in correcting our errors but make short cuts to overcome the results of our bad actions.

We are wasting time and energy to pinpoint other's mistakes and make unhealthy wasty criticisms instead of self correcting ourselves and making ourselves and others life peaceful.

Through this astrological understanding we have to understand we had a past life and current and may be a future life based on our desires, thoughts and action.

The planets and their periods represent not just the external planets but our inner nature. the nine planets and 12 periods, 27 nakshatras represents the various aspect of the body, mind and intellect and our pursuits in life. Without this understanding astrology would look meaningless and pessimistic.

vidhu
20th March 2007, 01:22 PM
Quite Interesting subject ..
How one can correct the things with the help of astrology? can you explain this with example

"see most of the people take astrology as a pretext to blame their wrong actions instead of self correcting. I see this in medical field where they blame it one "genes" for the diseases instead of self correcting their wrong life stlyes."

[/quote]

pradheep
27th March 2007, 07:17 PM
Dear Vidhu
Recently one of my friend told me that by knowing about an unplesant happening in future through astrology gives tension and unhappiness. I told him dont you do any blood tests?. And if you are told you have high cholesterol and so prone to get heart diseases will you be undr tension and be unhappy or would you take measures to reduce the risk of disease?. The same way you diagnoize through astrology and rectify.

Astology gives information based on your past thoughts and actions the results of what you are undergoing now and later in future. By changing your present thoughts you can change the future. How much you can change depends on the amount of effort you put in now.

nemesis786
28th March 2007, 12:17 AM
surprising!!! good info... please post such interesting science articles :)

Keep it up :thumbsup:

pradheep
4th April 2007, 03:16 AM
Dear friends
After a long time I met a great person who is an astrologer. Most of the astrologers have one dimensional view of horoscope, but he has 16 dimensional view. He says it is a perfect science. 360 degrees is divided into 12 houses and so each is 30 degrees. Then each is divided into one degree. He says it is all colors. He further divides it into one trillionth and so he is able to see micro atom of each person. He gives amazing details of the current condition and past births etc.
He has all vedic science started its down fall when people started to commericialize it. He does this great science freely for helping the suffering.

One of my friend asked him can he find out where sukracharya lived in India. He did prasna and told he actually lived in USA. Then where in USA , the astrologer told in colorado springs (Grand canyon).

We took a dvd from netflix on grand canyan and was urprised to see what the astrologer said. The commentor said the highest peak is named as shiva temple and the lowest peak is called Vishnu schist in Grand canayon. Then the dvd showed native americans singing a song which sounded "Hari Om Hari OM.

All these shows that Vedic system was wide spread throughout the world, when all continents were all connected.

lennyhipp
28th April 2007, 11:46 AM
If you read the article, it's actually proving astrology doesn't work!
The person doing the test was having a goof, that's why it says the study was done with "tongue in cheek"!

Sorry, but 10 million people is a pretty large study... and just goes to prove astrology doesn't work!

Best,
Lenny

Shakthiprabha.
28th April 2007, 12:53 PM
I dunno..

People can predict past, PRESENT too a good extent..

NEVER FUTURE.

Future is in the hands of individuals.

If we want, and if we work hard,
WE CAN CHANGE our future.

lennyhipp
2nd May 2007, 11:24 PM
pradheep,
Grand Canyon is nearly 800 miles away from Colorado Springs... 11 hours away by car. Clearly if someone lives in New York City, and someone else says they live in "Atlanta Georgia" this is not the same thing!

Again, I refer you to the article you posted... it very CLEARLY shows that astrology does NOT work. Please read the article again and you will see that the test was done a second time with 5 million patients, and none of the results were repeated... Thus showing that astrology didn't work after all.

Len

pradheep
3rd May 2007, 09:33 PM
Grand Canyon is nearly 800 miles away from Colorado Springs

Sorry i did not give details. Grand canyon is the place where he got samadhi and in colarado springs he did devi worship.

The study is based on western astrology and not on indian astrology. Indian astrology is based on the time of birth more than the day of birth (western astrology) and so it makes a huge difference. This is why the study could not conclude well, because diffeent time makes vast differences.

lennyhipp
7th June 2007, 11:44 PM
<QUOTE>"Indian astrology is based on the time of birth more than the day of birth (western astrology) and so it makes a huge difference. This is why the study could not conclude well, because diffeent time makes vast differences."</QUOTE>

The study didn't conclude well because astrology simply doesn't work! Furthermore, if the study "didn't conclude well", then WHY did you post a link to the article here, as IF the study had a pro-astrology result?! Basically what you were saying is "hey! come check out this study that proves astrology!" until i said "did you even read the study?! it actually PROVES astrology doesn't work!" and now you're saying "oh... it didn't work because it's not indian astrology!" Come on! you're waffling and not making sense.

Also, you said "i met a great person who was an astrologer... he says it's a perfect science" If that were true, EVERY SINGLE astrologer would be able to not only obtain PERFECT results every time, but ALL astrologers would obtain the EXACT same results! See how ridiculous it's sounding?!

Finally, your statement about the Grand Canyon still doesn't make sense.

you also said "All these shows that Vedic system was wide spread throughout the world, when all continents were all connected."

The last time India was connected to the United States was approximately 60-90 MILLION years ago. The Vedic system is only a few thousand years old. Furthermore, the constellations aren't ANYWHERE near where/what they are today. Please see: tinyurl.com/rr9jf

Thanks for listening.,
LH