PDA

View Full Version : FILM-MAKER CHERAN

Selvan
28th February 2007, 10:54 AM
Here's a film-maker who, from his very first film, has doggedly tread a lonely path, determined to give sensible and sensitive films, his scripts original and rooted in nativity, with a message weaved into each one, but never preachy or melodramatic. Cheran's films and characters are close to life, touch a chord in one, each film with its own unique concept and style. Easily, he is the best of the current crop of directors.

Achievements: National awards for Autograph and Bharathikku Kannamma.

Movies Directed
Bharathi Kannamma
Porkaalam
Desiya Geetham
Vetri Kodi Kattu
Pandavar Bhoomi
Autograph
Thavamai Thavamirundhu

Movies Acted
Solla marandha kadhai
Autograph
Thavamai Thavamirundhu

Forthcoming Movie
Mayakannadi

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 11:14 AM
Easily, he is the best of the current crop of directors.

Movies Directed
Bharathi Kannamma
Porkaalam
Desiya Geetham
Vetri Kodi Kattu
Pandavar Bhoomi
Autograph
Thavamai Thavamirundhu

Movies Acted
Solla marandha kadhai
Autograph
Thavamai Thavamirundhu

Forthcoming Movie
Mayakannadi his Acting is pathetic.. His direction is good but not great...
he is not the best director.. the best are Radhamohan, Ameer and susi ganesan... :P

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 11:17 AM
His best movies are Porkaalam, Baarathi kannamaa, ...

paandavar boomi and desiya geetham are his least impressive films..

Wibha
28th February 2007, 11:17 AM
I like Cheran wen it comes to his stories.except tavamai tavamirundhu.his SOLLA MARANDHA KADHAI was good :thumbsup:

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 11:20 AM
I like Cheran wen it comes to his stories.except tavamai tavamirundhu.his SOLLA MARANDHA KADHAI was good :thumbsup: solla marantha kadhai :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thirumaran
28th February 2007, 11:20 AM
Except for Desiya Geetham i liked all his movies which he directed.

Mayakannadi seems to be different and interesting :roll:

Any idea when it is releaseing ?

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 11:22 AM
Except for Desiya Geetham i liked all his movies.

Any idea when it is releaseing ? april 14.. clashing head on with sivaji... :P

NOV
28th February 2007, 11:22 AM
i also think that he is a so-so director but maybe a little more courageous.

but his self-importance attitude overshadows whatever little difference he tries to bring. :roll:

Selvan
28th February 2007, 11:23 AM
he is not the best director.. the best are Radhamohan, Ameer and susi ganesan... :P

That is a list of ONE-HIT-WONDERS :P 8-)

Nerd
28th February 2007, 11:24 AM

but his self-importance attitude overshadows whatever little difference he tries to bring. :roll:

:exactly: But atleast he has a lot of talent unlike another guy with more or less the same attitude (GM :P)

Appeaattu :lol:

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 11:24 AM

That is a list of ONE-HIT-WONDERS :P 8-) enna selvan, ippidi solliteenga... :x

Thirumaran
28th February 2007, 11:25 AM
Except for Desiya Geetham i liked all his movies.

Any idea when it is releaseing ? april 14.. clashing head on with sivaji... :P

Cool. So Shivaji, the movie will be having tough fight it seems :boo:

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 11:25 AM

:exactly: But atleast he has a lot of talent unlike another guy with more or less the same attitude (GM :P)

Appeaattu :lol: but atleast GM doesnt waste money. painting a whole village :poke:

NOV
28th February 2007, 11:29 AM
aarambichaachaa? :roll:

can we pls restrict discussions to chEran?

Selvan
28th February 2007, 11:29 AM
He is a die-hard tamizhan. He criticized Snehan for writing kalyaanam thaan katti kittu song and Vikram for uttering, "naan police illai, porukki" with the police uniform on. Is it what you are referring to? :? :?

ajithfederer
28th February 2007, 11:30 AM
not to forget the gra fixxxxxxx :banghead:

Appeaattu :lol: but atleast GM doesnt waste money. painting a whole village :poke:

joe
28th February 2007, 11:30 AM
Cheran may not be a great director ..But surely he is one director ,I always prepare to go and watch his movies in theatre before hearing opinions from others. or waiting for reviews

Thavamai Thavamirunthu ,Autograph,Baandavar Boomi ,PorKaalam are my favourites.

Thirumaran
28th February 2007, 11:33 AM
Cheran may not be a great director ..But surely he is one director ,I always prepare to go and watch his movies in theatre before hearing opinions from others. or waiting for reviews

The same goes with me. :wink: May not watch in theaters due to some reasons, but will definitely make a point to watch his movies :)

NOV
28th February 2007, 11:35 AM
ok, ok, i too will watch his movies. but not in cinemas. release aana 2 maasaththulE tv'la kaattuvaanga. but not before having a 1 hour interview with chEran where he will call you a loser if you dont watch his movie. :roll:

selvakumar
28th February 2007, 11:36 AM
his scripts original and rooted in nativity

:lol:

Selvan
28th February 2007, 11:40 AM
I think people hardly care about artists' off-screen affairs :P :P

joe
28th February 2007, 11:40 AM
but not before having a 1 hour interview with chEran where he will call you a loser if you dont watch his movie. :roll:

I don't bother since I am not one among those losers :lol:

NOV
28th February 2007, 11:42 AM
I think people hardly care about artists' off-screen affairs :P :Phow can they not? when he calls other movie makers fools and talks as if he has been god-sent for thamizh makkal.

ok guys, I better :yessir:

:D

joe
28th February 2007, 11:47 AM
Nov,
According to Cheran ,Movies must reflect the life,culture,social issues of the people of that region .I may not agree with him.

But I respect him since atleast he is the one follow(I mean in making movies) what he preaches.

Thirumaran
28th February 2007, 12:00 PM
I think people hardly care about artists' off-screen affairs :P :Phow can they not? when he calls other movie makers fools and talks as if he has been god-sent for thamizh makkal.

Do i miss something. Where and when did he say this :roll:

I remember one group talk which Kumudam arranged with the young directors 2 years before

Cheran, Dharani and few more were chatting. That time Anbe Sivam flopped and Dhool was running successfully.

When they were discussing abt tamil cinema and its way Cheran was saying he felt too bad when a movie like Anbe Sivam flops and Dhool went on to become a big commercial hit. Also he said he is not against Dhool becoming big hit but he was very unhappy with the audience that Anbe Sivam flopped. Dharani was also there in that chat.

I felt it as putting his opinion straight forward. :roll:

joe
28th February 2007, 12:02 PM
Cheran was saying he felt too bad when a movie like Anbe Sivam flops and Dhool went on to become a big commercial hit. Also he said he is not against Dhool becoming big hit but he was very unhappy with the audience that Anbe Sivam flopped. Dharani was also there in that chat.

I felt it as putting his opinion straight forward. :roll:

Cheran :thumbsup:

NOV
28th February 2007, 12:04 PM
thirumaran, apparently malaysia is the 2nd home for chEran and he comes here often. :roll:

whatever I have said is not hearsay and it came from the horse's mouth.

p/s: i am totally against artistes criticising fellow artistes. it is one thing for fans like us to criticise but absolutely despicable for someone in the industry to desecrate a colleague. :evil:

joe
28th February 2007, 12:07 PM
p/s: i am totally against artistes criticising fellow artistes. it is one thing for fans like us to criticise but absolutely despicable for someone in the industry to desecrate a colleague. :evil:

Any soecity or organization will not improve without self-critisism ..He belongs to that industry and he says his opnion to improve it ..what is wrong in it ? Did he abuse anybody personally?

NOV
28th February 2007, 12:11 PM
Any soecity or organization will not improve without self-critisism ..He belongs to that industry and he says his opnion to improve it ..what is wrong in it ? Did he abuse anybody personally?ange thaan idikkidhu
chEran is not about self criticism but about self boosting and putting down others.

joe, idha pala thadava sollittEn, Otta record maadhiri thiruppi thiruppi solli kaduppEththa virumbala
ennai vittudunga pls. :)

selvakumar
28th February 2007, 12:11 PM

:thumbsup: Agreed completely. Tamil cinema had so many talented people who never badmouthed others. People who "STEAL" the things from the past should also try to learn other good things from the past as well.

Thirumaran
28th February 2007, 12:15 PM
1. whatever I have said is not hearsay and it came from the horse's mouth.

2. p/s: i am totally against artistes criticising fellow artistes. it is one thing for fans like us to criticise but absolutely despicable for someone in the industry to desecrate a colleague. :evil:

NOV,
1. I know u. :) Other than interviews in local channels and magazines, there are many other place people talk which many wont come to know. Seems i am one among the many.

2. Me too against this definitely. I am against even if someone says people dont have a good taste if a movie of their choice fails. But i will still go for his movies as long as the end product is good :wink:

joe
28th February 2007, 12:17 PM
joe, idha pala thadava sollittEn, Otta record maadhiri thiruppi thiruppi solli kaduppEththa virumbala
ennai vittudunga pls. :)
:lol: OK .Anyway ,I take cheran's critisism in different prespective..Leave it :)

thamizhvaanan
28th February 2007, 12:54 PM
I agree with NOV. The promos for his last film TT, were all focussed on him. I felt it was way too much, even for a director of great calibre :roll:

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 12:59 PM
Why is everyone so obsessed about what Cheran says/does off-screen??
I mean, why Cheran alone?

joe
28th February 2007, 01:03 PM

Good questions :clap:

Sanguine Sridhar
28th February 2007, 01:04 PM

Exactly, even I was wondering!

Ivara vida muttalthanama\adi muttal thanama neraya peru pesi irrukaanga! Bulb vaangirukaanga!

Cheran is much much better than other guys, both on and off screen!

Aandavan
28th February 2007, 01:04 PM
I mean, why Cheran alone? this is cheran's thread.. be happy that atleast his thread has become so active without spam

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 01:10 PM
I mean, why Cheran alone? this is cheran's thread.. be happy that atleast his thread has become so active without spam
Karthi,
I meant in the hub in general, not just this thread.
For e.g if i talk about somebody's inconsistency, deceit and tomfoolery between speaking through films or in public and in concrete actions on the ground, i would be warned not to indulge in personal attacks on the person etc but Cheran seems to be fair game.

joe
28th February 2007, 01:11 PM
Off screen-la avar eppadi iruntha namakenna ? Uruppadiya padam kudukkurara-nrathu thaan mukkiyam..illiya?

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 01:11 PM

Exactly, even I was wondering!

Ivara vida muttalthanama\adi muttal thanama neraya peru pesi irrukaanga! Bulb vaangirukaanga!

Cheran is much much better than other guys, both on and off screen!
Exactly, some people are like FOOLS and don't know who is really good onscreen and offscreen and suck up to image-builders :)

Sanguine Sridhar
28th February 2007, 01:16 PM
Respecting others tastes is the first step to become an intellectual! 8-)

thamizhvaanan
28th February 2007, 01:20 PM
Boasting oneself in all the posters and media ads... isnt that image-building?

If he wants more attention for him, than his works.... I am sure thats not the way creative artists work :?

selvakumar
28th February 2007, 01:48 PM

I want to clear one more thing on this: We speak about CHERAN's off screen remarks on FILM WORLD (like how NOV put) IF not his personal life :)

So, OFF screen remarks on film world has a strong relation with cheran and those who do that always :) Cheran is one among them and we are discussing on him :D

BTW, Shall we start a separate thread for that ? :lol:

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 03:03 PM
Good advice to self :lol2:
And good luck on becoming an "intellectual:!

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 03:12 PM
I want to clear one more thing on this: We speak about CHERAN's off screen remarks on FILM WORLD (like how NOV put) IF not his personal life :)

Point taken :)
Yeah, there's a difference.

Still, haven't seen the said interview(s) so can't comment...

Sanguine Sridhar
28th February 2007, 03:27 PM
Good advice to self :lol2:
And good luck on becoming an "intellectual:!

I do respect others taste and thanks for your wishes!

I know how to spell Pokkiri & Ghilli!

Between I did not quote your comment and said that statement. I did not point that to you.Why you unnecessarily picked it?

Kutramula Nenju :lol2:

Ayyo paavam :cry:

dsath
28th February 2007, 03:34 PM
[tscii:292d4774b5]Haven’t seen all of Cheran’s movies, so my comments are based on the movies I saw which are Pandavar Bhoomi,Autograph,Thavamai Thavamirunthu and Bharathi Kannama.
Cheran is one of those directors who make movies that the audience can relate with. Of course he over indulges in parts and not all scenes can be related, but the general settings, moods and characters are life like and seem to come out of everyday life.
He should definitely be encouraged and appreciated for his courage in believing that people stories can be made as movie in a simple format and can be box office hits at the same time.
[/tscii:292d4774b5]

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 05:37 PM
I do respect others taste and thanks for your wishes!

I know how to spell Pokkiri & Ghilli!

Between I did not quote your comment and said that statement. I did not point that to you.Why you unnecessarily picked it?

Kutramula Nenju :lol2:

Ayyo paavam :cry:
Boss,
Every post is fair game. Neenga enakku address panna dhaan reply pannanumna adhu chat. idhu theriyama ivalavu naal formhub la irukkeengala :rotfl:

Unga statement-la oorum hypocrisy a sutti kaatta thaniya sambalathukka aal vaikka mudiyum??? :)

Eppadi SS idhellaam :lol:

thamizhvaanan
28th February 2007, 05:40 PM
haiyo... TF ur posts are so funny ... :x

Sanguine Sridhar
28th February 2007, 07:17 PM
Super-nga Thinkfloyd :rotfl:

neenga ivvalo sincere,busy-yana aalunu theriyama pochu ; Ungga kadamai unarchi kan kalanga vaikudhu :cry:

kadasi varaikkum enna hypocrisy-nu sollave illaye?! :lol2:

raaja_rasigan
28th February 2007, 07:17 PM
In Autograph....

tamilnadu village episode & kerala college episodes are nice to watch....

but sneha's episode is "over" (eg: when her mother is dead)...

his one more nice film is vetri kodi kattu - vadivelu :lol:
malavika 8-)

Nakeeran
28th February 2007, 07:21 PM
Cheran is one of the best and decent directors we have today & we should encourage such guys .

This guy's portrayals are almost realistic and what we come across day to day.

Autograph - be it Mera naam Joker or xyz, the movie was well made & the end was quite appreciable and practical.

kannannn
28th February 2007, 07:23 PM
i am totally against artistes criticising fellow artistes. it is one thing for fans like us to criticise but absolutely despicable for someone in the industry to desecrate a colleague. :evil:
Enna NOV, peer review kelvi pattirukkingala? This is exactly the same. There are even polls to select 'Actor's Actor', 'Director's Director', etc among people in the film industry. Recognition from colleagues who understand your craft is more important than recognition from a lay man. Extending the argument, if recognition is welcome, why not criticism?

thamizhvaanan
28th February 2007, 08:15 PM
Kannan, if I am not wrong, peer review is done only in cases where there is a common objective, or when performance has got a well defined measure. Whereas in crafts like fillm-making there are various schools, genres and each have different orientation. In that case, is it not bad to comment at someone whos motivation is ulteriorly different :huh: . Its somewhat like a rock artist commenting on a classical album.

Shakthiprabha.
28th February 2007, 08:33 PM
Cheran directs things which happens in every layman's life.

CHERAN'S movies are ABS 100 PERCENT REALITIES

I love watcihng his movies

kannannn
28th February 2007, 08:58 PM
Kannan, if I am not wrong, peer review is done only in cases where there is a common objective, or when performance has got a well defined measure. Whereas in crafts like fillm-making there are various schools, genres and each have different orientation. In that case, is it not bad to comment at someone whos motivation is ulteriorly different :huh: . Its somewhat like a rock artist commenting on a classical album.
TV, music genres and film genres are different. There are innumerable categories in Grammy (Gospel'kellam oru 'Best Album' award), while there is only one at most film festivals. Let us take Cannes '04. Tarantino was the jury president and wholly backed 'Old Boy' for the Golden Palm. But the majority of the jury thought otherwise and awarded the Palm to 'Farenheit 911'. Are the two movies even comparable? One is documentary while the other is feature film. But that doesn't stop contemporary film makers from appreciating or criticizing them. That's because most efficient film makers can cross the boundaries between different genres with ease and know what it means to make a good movie irrespective of the genre. That's exactly why Scorsese can make a highly acclaimed documentary on Italian Films that have influenced him, in the middle of numerous feature films.

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 09:03 PM
Well said Kannan (as usual)...

Thamizhvaanan,
We do have our own Screen Awards (or something similar) where technicians reward actors/films/technicians. Also, why can't a film person be a fan like the rest of us?

thamizhvaanan
28th February 2007, 09:12 PM
TV, music genres and film genres are different.

. That's because most efficient film makers can cross the boundaries between different genres with ease and know what it means to make a good movie irrespective of the genre.

Likewise, an efficient musician can also cross boundaries and understand other genres. But still we consider it to be disrespectful when someone comments about a different genre right? Just my opinion that he disrespecting and putting down a fellow artist.

Enough said... let there be discussions on cheran's film making for a change :wink:

:wave:

Alek Niranjan
28th February 2007, 09:27 PM
Cheran is one of good directors of TN. But he should concentrate on what he knows very well and had better avoid acting as an Hero.

thinkfloyd
28th February 2007, 09:36 PM
Cheran is one of good directors of TN. But he should concentrate on what he knows very well and had better avoid acting as an Hero.
:lol: Ippo sonneengale idhu vasthavamana pechu

NOV
1st March 2007, 07:07 AM
kannann, thanks for your views. I stand by what I have said.

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 07:13 PM
This man CHERAN never fails to amaze me!

Stories may not be anything new. After all human emotions are SAME generations to generations. Nothing extra ordinary can be experienced or written or conveyed in reality movies. ITs the same message from generation to generation.

Adam had hunger, love, dreams, sorrow. After millions of years, we also experience the same aspirations, love, sorrow, happiness.

So what can be new? Then what makes a story click?

Its presentation.

'Maayak kaNNadi'

:clap:

It might be a slightly polished version of "varumai niram sivappu" but then, there is a different touch, different approach which makes us sit back and watch.

Not just watch, but watch minutely register some thoughts which are PICTURED but not conveyed.

How can thoughts be PICTURED?

Cheran knows!

He lines up one amongst the prisoners.
His shame, repentance, acceptance, he conveys it with his blank stares. Blank expressions. Blank smiles.

He aspires to be a great star. His smile conveys the thoughts, his confindence, fairy tale beliefs.

As a man who lost his dreams, kumar, resumes his job as a barber. One last time in the climax, his reflection is solid, grounded, very much down to earth. Gone are the imagition and dream, which transports him to fictitious world.

The reality is "HIM-THE BARBER"

வாசந்தியின் வரிகள் நினைவு வருகின்றது.

"இந்த விமானம் தரையில் இறங்கிவிட்டது!"

As a director, he WINS! Everytime! I wish and pray he makes a huge impression in tamil film world.

I am in love, once again, helplessly, with his creativity!

:clap: :bow:

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 07:29 PM
:lol: Ippo sonneengale idhu vasthavamana pechu

IF u argue, goodlooking guys need to be heros! sorry our tamil filmdom is filled with many successful ordinary or below ordinary looking men!

Hero = The person's whose life is elaborated or described or pictured. He can be ur next door neighbour or a fat 50 year old man or a flat faced bank employee. These are REAL PEOPLE we meet in everyday life.

A hero can even be a street beggar, who wont and cant afford looking like abhishek bachan!

In case u spoke that, because of his acting ability, then, many people love emotions to be well-controlled and delivered, and he does it flawlessly

I shall finish my post with just a single statement

"opinions differ/tastes differs" Filmdom needs to cater to everybody's needs.

NOV
24th August 2008, 07:30 PM
:shock:

I never knew that SP and I are at extreme opposites of the spectrum.

SP, I celebrated when Maaya Kannadi flopped badly. Pls see the dedicated thread for information on that.

sivank
24th August 2008, 07:37 PM
Hi SP, Velan,

my two cents over director cheran and film Maayakannaadi. I agree upto a certain level with SP. It was indeed a good film. If cheran would have allowed someone to play the leading role instead of himself that would have been a hit movie. The message was really good

NOV
24th August 2008, 07:38 PM
Sivan, Shakthi

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1477587#1477587

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 07:39 PM
Nov,

Lot of times we dont know other person's perspective !

sivan,

Why may I know?
Is it his acting ability?
or his charming(less?) appearance?

What made u put off?

NOV
24th August 2008, 07:41 PM
Lot of times we dont know other person's perspective !True.
But my prayer was for the movie to flop for the greater good of society.
Apparently, there is God.

Vivasaayi
24th August 2008, 07:44 PM
Nov,

Lot of times we dont know other person's perspective !

sivan,

Why may I know?
Is it his acting ability?
or his charming(less?) appearance?

What made u put off?

his acting ability?....first of all does he act?

his grins and mannerisms are really irritating.

his direction also doesnt appeal me.

but his script...as a script writer cheran obviously deserves a :thumbsup:

sivank
24th August 2008, 07:44 PM
Sp, in my opinion he is doing streo type of acting. He is a good creator but not a good executor like Bhagyaraj or upto some extent Pandiyarajan. Ofcourse, parthiban is an exception he creates films only for his executing powers

Vivasaayi
24th August 2008, 07:45 PM
esp romantic expressions of chenran :x

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 08:00 PM
Sp, in my opinion he is doing streo type of acting. He is a good creator but not a good executor like Bhagyaraj or upto some extent Pandiyarajan. Ofcourse, parthiban is an exception he creates films only for his executing powers

PAndiyarajan!?

sivan,

I am speechless!

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 08:01 PM
his acting ability?....first of all does he act?

his grins and mannerisms are really irritating.

his direction also doesnt appeal me.

but his script...as a script writer cheran obviously deserves a :thumbsup:

Vicky,

Over-emoting is a type of acting
Right emotions is anothe type
and
UNDER-EMOTING is another type.

Some chars in real life are stone faced, and expressionless!

Shakthiprabha.
24th August 2008, 08:02 PM

I could tolerate it better than many leading stars ... whom I DONT WANNA mention :cry:

Vivasaayi
24th August 2008, 08:02 PM

PAndiyarajan!?

sivan,

I am speechless!

pandiyarajan is a far better actor than cheran.

Vivasaayi
24th August 2008, 08:04 PM
sp,

i dint mean cheran is stone faced.

his acting itself is intolerable....he always keeps the face with a similar expression.

NOV
24th August 2008, 08:06 PM
pandiyarajan is a far better actor than cheran.I agree whole-heartedly :bow:
more importantly, he knows his limits.
and most importantly, he does not attempt to detroy a progressive society.

Vivasaayi
24th August 2008, 08:09 PM
pandiyarajan is a far better actor than cheran.I agree whole-heartedly :bow:
more importantly, he knows his limits.
and most importantly, he does not attempt to detroy a progressive society.

moonu thalaimuraya kashtapputhan padika vekkanuma?

that was a non sense dialogue......every poor man must make his kid an educated b y whatever cost it takes....agdhuku sappakattu katta koodadhu.

if a barbers kid dreams abt becoming a scientist and develops a high level dream....does cheran say that he is a poor guy and should dream within limits?

whats the point cheran tries to make here.

dream depending upon situation?

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 10:28 AM
Vicky,

Every movie NEED NOT HAVE message. That was a LIFE-STORY of a person called x. Why do u need to be educated from a MOVIE? Do u think big achievers were inspired from reel life!

sorry!

Most ppl are like these x, y, z who dont achieve big or who dream big but settle with reality. There are achievers. We can count them.

Nobody said DONT DREAM.

Dream. But wait for right opporutnities and time for it to hatch. Its sheer stupidity to build castles in air without making way for daily bread(dosa or idly).

sarna_blr
25th August 2008, 11:33 AM
u like cheran movies sarna :D ?

same pinch :D

Autograph experience :-
One saturday.... Theatre vaasal varaikkum pOyi pOster paaththu :oops: pOyum pOyum indha padaththayaa paakkanum'nu nenachchukku, thirumbavum house-owner veettukku pOyi TV paakka aarambichchOm. Jaya TV'la Dhesigeedham pOttirundhaan, padam romba interesting'aa irundhadhu :o adhula oru scene varum, Cheran poster'ku maalai pOttu super-hero level'ku rasigarunga thOranam kattikittu time'a waste pannumbOdhu Murali vandhu advice mazhai polivaaru... appadhaan gnaabagam vandhadhu, indha moonjiya dhaana naama bag-Oda cycle'la var'ra maadhiri pOster'la paaththOm :shock: ivaru yaarunnu yOsikkumbOdhu oruththan sonnaan, ivar dhaandaa Cheran, indha padaththOda director :o
and so we left house and reached theatre and watched the movie... That was the second day for the movie and almost 50 persons were in theatre including 10 of us :oops: I ( and we) enjoyed each and every scene of the movie the whole theatre ( 50 members ) laughed for the dialogue " Happy vayasukku vandha day "

Room'ku pOnadhukku appuram andha padaththapaththi friends kitta solla, avanga naanga ippavE kelamburOm'nu aduththa show'ku kelamba, naangalum kooda pOnOm, indha dhadava 50 pEravida adhigamaa irundhaanga :D

aduththa naal almost 100 per ( naan + ennOda friends ) pOyi paaththOm...

naanga kitta dhatta oru 15 dhadava theatr'la paaththiruppOm... (believe me I was 19 at that time :) ), 10 naalukkappuram theatre house fullaa Oduchchu ... the movie ran for 75 days in krishnagiri :D

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 11:37 AM
Enakku onnu purila....
:oops:
ChEran moonjikku enna korachal :? :oops:
He looks presentable enough like every other normal person we meet on road :?

sarna_blr
25th August 2008, 11:48 AM
Enakku onnu purila....

and I didnt say the moonji was bad :)

and I used to use ( still use ) the word moonji instead of mugam :twisted:

the phrase should have been like " indha face'a(or mugaththa) dhaana naama pOster'la paaththOm "

really Cheran is good-looking person :D

Dhesiyageedham paaththadhu naaladhaan Autograph paaththEn, indha 2 padaththa paaththadhu naala dhaan Cheran'Oda maththa ellaappadangalum paaththEn ( except maayakkannaadi ) :)

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 11:51 AM
'Good-looking'??? comeon! Goodlooking is superlative for him! :|

I insist on saying, "HE looks like the person u meet on road" (a normal middle class person, who can impress a girl AFTER TRYING hard, defintiely not at first sight or first look )

Come-on! not all days we are lucky to bump into maddys and kamalhassanS! :wink: :P

joe
25th August 2008, 11:58 AM
Agree with you SP :)

NOV
25th August 2008, 12:05 PM
I dont have any problems with his looks.

But I have issues with his attitude; his superiority complex, his thinking that he's god's gift to tamil people, his contempt for people who don't look up to his movies.

And generally, his weird antics in public - like crying, wanting to commit suicide, press adverts asking why ppl dont like his films, etc.

:sigh2:

I guess he can become a better director if he contains his own personal emotions and pays more attention to what he is trying to convey. It will also be good if he stays behind the camera.

sarna_blr
25th August 2008, 12:11 PM

dig// According to me Swathy from Subramanyapuram is Angel :D I guess u will never ever agree to it :? :cry2: // end

Cheran is a good-looking person to me even if u say its superlative :evil:

I insist on saying, "HE looks like the person u meet on road" (a normal middle class person, who can impress a girl AFTER TRYING hard, defintiely not at first sight or first look )

:rotfl: :rotfl: sorry SP akka, I couldnt controll controll my laugh :rotfl:

Dhevadhai ( dont include Swathy here... I mean Simrans, Nayans, Aishs, Katrinas as dhevadhais here and i have my reasons to compare them with these celebrities ) maadhiri oru ponnum, Dhanush maadhiri oru payyanum jodiyaa pOradha en kannaala paaththirukkEn :huh: and they are the majority :x

Come-on! not all days we are lucky to bump into maddys and kamalhassanS! :wink: :P

idhu romba over :evil:

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 12:16 PM

dig// According to me Swathy from Subramanyapuram is Angel :D I guess u will never ever agree to it :? :cry2: // end

Ur swathy is a normal looking person too! NO ANGEL imo :P

//dign :evil:

Dhevadhai ( dont include Swathy here... I mean Simrans, Nayans, Aishs, Katrinas as dhevadhais here and i have my reasons to compare them with these celebrities ) maadhiri oru ponnum, Dhanush maadhiri oru payyanum jodiyaa pOradha en kannaala paaththirukkEn :huh: and they are the majority :x

yeah :) reality ... :D

idhu romba over :evil:

Unfortunate truth :sigh:
We are not in greece u see to bump into greek gods often :D

Wibha
25th August 2008, 12:24 PM

his so called romantic looks :oops: :oops:

it's good if he remains a director than actually act :? :) his stories are really :thumbsup:

sarna_blr
25th August 2008, 12:36 PM
In case u spoke that, because of his acting ability, then, many people love emotions to be well-controlled and delivered, and he does it flawlessly

:yes: :exactly:

Wibha
25th August 2008, 12:39 PM

he lacks something.......it's just hard to see him act :( looks and talents don't match :(

Thirumaran
25th August 2008, 12:54 PM
Enakku onnu purila....

Oh yeah.. He looks decent and presentable :) Acting mattum konjam improve pannaa poathum.

Cheran movies are :thumbsup: Yet to watch Mayakannaadi :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 12:57 PM
hehe thiru, wibhs, all :D

MrJudge
25th August 2008, 03:08 PM
SP,

IMO he looks sad always and he tries to keep his face like he is happy. Or may be he is too emotional. He is certainly not fit for lead character in many films.

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 03:10 PM
hmm :) I agree to the sad-happy part!

Corleone
25th August 2008, 03:36 PM
I dont have any problems with his looks.

But I have issues with his attitude; his superiority complex, his thinking that he's god's gift to tamil people, his contempt for people who don't look up to his movies.

And generally, his weird antics in public - like crying, wanting to commit suicide, press adverts asking why ppl dont like his films, etc.

:sigh2:

I agree with u.
Calling the press reporters as "B**D*GALA" on the stage is as bad as u can get.

Shakthiprabha.
25th August 2008, 03:40 PM
:(

selvakumar
25th August 2008, 03:41 PM
Corleone,
That word must be censored with several '*' symbols

Corleone
25th August 2008, 03:42 PM
Sorry Selva.....i have edited it now

selvakumar
25th August 2008, 03:47 PM
:ty:

omega
25th August 2008, 04:50 PM
Cheran used to be one of my favourite director until he did AUTOGRAPH. No doubt I liked AUTOGRAPH a lot, but seems like ever since this film, his attitude has changed a lot. Now he doesn't seem like able to come up with a script in which he is not the hero (what a sick creativity brain he has). This has been the bane of the industry. Once a director tastes success with their hero effort, they can't think anything beyond themselves.

I love his following movies,

1) Bharathi Kannamma
2) Porkaalam
3) Vetri Kodi Kattu
4) Paandavar Bhoomi
5) Autograph
6) Thavamai Thavamirundhu

Lost hope on this guy after watching MAAYAKANNADI.