PDA

View Full Version : Album of the week

Pages : [1] 2

Ramakrishna
6th January 2007, 01:16 PM
[tscii:95920a65e5]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/11285.html

AR Rahman is arguably one of the most talented musicians our country has ever produced.

This talented composer celebrates his birthday on 6 January. On this occasion, let’s hear what playback singers Manicka Vinayagam, Ganga, Harini, Tippu, Nakul, Shalini, Mahathi and Saindhavi say about him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy birthday ARRahmanji. We all love u :D :bluejump: :redjump: :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: [/tscii:95920a65e5]

MADDY
6th January 2007, 02:51 PM
Happy birthday to our

IsaiPuyal
Isaiarasan
Mozart of Madras
Smiling Assasin
musical whizkid
directors' dream
fans' inspiration
youth icon
himalaya of fame
ocean of calm
chartbuster spinner
pied piper of India

may he live 100 years and amuse generations to come....

MADDY
6th January 2007, 02:54 PM
Rama, we will later edit thread to "Album of the week" and discuss some of the rare/unknown gems of ARR....wat say??? :D

B'day gift to Hubbing ARR fans - biography of ARR by Gopal Srinivas: 8-)

http://members.tripod.com/gopalhome/arrbio.html

(Gopal Srinivas, IIM graduate, is the moderator of official ARR fans Yahoo group :D )

Ramakrishna
6th January 2007, 02:55 PM
Sure maddy :D

interz
6th January 2007, 06:18 PM
Innisai/Athiradi Isai-Puyal AR Rahmanukku nenjam niraintha Piranthanaal vaalthukkaL!!

muzammil_fr
6th January 2007, 09:01 PM
My Great Wish For My ARR And Long Live ARR with Grace of GOD.

rsubras
6th January 2007, 10:00 PM
May A.R.Rahman get more success, blessings of GOD, remain sweet forever and grow more stronger

A.R.RAHMAN VAAZHGA VALAMUDAN !!!!!

Wibha
6th January 2007, 11:22 PM
WISH U A VERYYYYYY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY.............................HOPE U HAVE A GREAT LIFE and CONTINUE WITH UR GREAT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coucou
7th January 2007, 01:11 AM
i wish for our maestro happy birthday and long life to him

ajithfederer
7th January 2007, 02:00 AM
Many more happy returns of the day to our one and only Isai Puyal

ARR :D

lancelot
7th January 2007, 06:16 AM
happy Bday to my hero

hehe
:D

selvakumar
8th January 2007, 07:16 PM
BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO "ISAI PUYAL" AR RAHMAAN !

LONG LIVE THE MAN WHO MAKE EVERY TAMILIAN PROUD WHEN HE / SHE STEPS OUT OFF TN ! :)

rayan36
8th January 2007, 08:26 PM
Rama, we will later edit thread to "Album of the week" and discuss some of the rare/unknown gems of ARR....wat say??? :D

(Gopal Srinivas, IIM graduate, is the moderator of official ARR fans Yahoo group :D )

When you're gonna start :D

Ramakrishna
8th January 2007, 10:28 PM

When you're gonna start :D

Ippave aarambikkalaam :D

Ramakrishna
8th January 2007, 10:30 PM
Friends, let us now discuss each of ARR albums - old or new, in detail, selecting an album for a week and discuss the whole album throughout that week. What u guys say?
Or else if u guys have anything new, different , interesting, innovative?

Sanguine Sridhar
9th January 2007, 01:21 AM
We will start .... "May Madham" 8-) (Jus because my bday falls in this month :lol2:

MADDY
9th January 2007, 10:01 AM
my favorite from May maadham is "Minnale" song......great rendition from SPB, great prelude/interludes.......lyrics was also top notch......

"Paal mazhaikku kaathirukkum boomi illaya
oru pandigaiku kaathirukkum saami illaya
Vaarthai vara kaathirukkum kavignan illaya
naan kaathirundhaal kaadhal innum neelum illaya" 8-)

this song proves ARR was pretty strong in WCM right from his early days.....

Scale
9th January 2007, 03:15 PM
[tscii:071fda2ecd]Track List

1. Markazhi Poove - Shoba
2. Madras Suthi - Shahul Hameed, Manorama
3. Aadi Paaru Mangaatha - Subha
4. Pazalattu Machanukku - Unnimenon, GV. Prakash
---------
5. En Mel Vizhundha - P. Jayachandran, Chitra
6. Minnalae - SP. Balasubramaniam

Excellent pick SQS. :D

1.A successive attempt to CC-Aasai in form MPoove(female solo), the prelude flings like a breeze and the song, orchestration, vocal rendition blew mainstream listeners inspite of those controversies been howled. ARR's theory of musical magnetism continued to vibe.
2. Grand narration of Singara Chennai. Check the witty kickstart from Manorama dur...driona hey hey.... :rotfl:
3. Situational Song "Raja eduthuvai Rahmanaiyum eduthu vai" :lol:
4. With lots of funky beats and excellent guitar usage… GVP, the kid rocked
----------
5 & 6 Now Rahman unearths & proves his mastery over melodies. He chastely differentiated it with a soft-duet (EVM) and the other one(Minnale) an effervescent solo-violin races astoundingly. SPB rendition & the lyricist vairamuthu needs a special mention here. Bliss! While the earlier tracks are funny, situational and for pleasure listening, the captivating MPoove & two eternal melodies will remain always in the disciples playlist. :D [/tscii:071fda2ecd]

rsubras
9th January 2007, 04:37 PM
May Maadham

This album came out some time in 1994 rite? Just after the musical block buster kaadhalan got released... Appathan i had started being a crazy fan of Rahman.....eppa enna padam by rahman release aanalum vaangiduven :) veetula sema thittu kidaikkum...... May madham cassette vantha pudhusula enga school la initial reaction ennana songs lam waste, kaadhalan than nalaruku, may madham flop appadi ippadi sonnanga....... even though barring one song all the songs were good, kaadhalan effect nala may maadham did not become as hit as it shudve been :) even in every count downs kaadhalan was the top while may maadham wud be lagging behind

Sanguine Sridhar
9th January 2007, 11:14 PM
[tscii]Track List

1. Markazhi Poove - Shoba
2. Madras Suthi - Shahul Hameed, Manorama
3. Aadi Paaru Mangaatha - Subha
4. Pazalattu Machanukku - Unnimenon, GV. Prakash
---------
5. En Mel Vizhundha - P. Jayachandran, Chitra
6. Minnalae - SP. Balasubramaniam

Excellent pick SQS. :D

Thanks Scale :)

Is that Veyyil MD was the kid voice in that song!? its a news for me :)

as a melody i prefer en mel vizhundha'better than minnale and maarghazi poove! .... what a song...! :P

minnale comes next,when the audio got released my brother used to listen this song again and again ....! SP.B sir voice is a big + to the song....!

maarghazi poove is a beautiful song expressing the beautiness of nature, whenever i listen this song i feel so relaxed .... :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

aadi paaru mangatha & paalakattu machanukku are good songs but got faded before the above said excellent songs! :)

madras-a suthi kaata poren was one of my fav song when the album got released because i was at Trichy at that time and Madras was like a dream place to me .. it will be exciting when manorama,vineeth sings about the places and nature of Madras but ingga vandhu kuppa kottuna peragu thaan theriudhu :oops:

MADDY
10th January 2007, 01:12 AM
Is that Veyyil MD was the kid voice in that song!? its a news for me :)

aadi paaru mangatha & paalakattu machanukku are good songs but got faded before the above said excellent songs! :)

madras-a suthi kaata poren was one of my fav song when the album got released because i was at Trichy at that time and Madras was like a dream place to me .. it will be exciting when manorama,vineeth sings about the places and nature of Madras but ingga vandhu kuppa kottuna peragu thaan theriudhu :oops:

actually all these 3 songs had singers who were famous in other ways.....

GVP - all we know is a MD now.....he also sang in "Chikku bukku rayile, kaathu kaathu dhinam kaathu(Uzhavan), Kuchi kuchi raakkamma" and many other songs of ARR...

Adi paaru mangaatha had pop star Sunitha rao sing for her first cinema song.......she later released her chartuster "paree" album......ARR proves he is too good in identifying talents.....look at KK.....HJ totally depends on him.... :D ....he was introduced by ARR only

Madrasa - song had the grand lady of tamil films- Manorama singing in it......it seems that Manorama's son and ARR were childhood frnds....they still call him Dileep it seems..... :shock:

rajeshkrv
10th January 2007, 01:40 AM
madrasa suthi paarka poren is by Sahul hameed, swarnalatha and manorama

rayan36
10th January 2007, 08:48 AM
I still remember this is the first Rahman album that I loved so much, it became a theme for me :D I think Palakadhu Machanaku is ahead of its time ahead of its time, I like the part where heavy bass guitar is played in between Chittukuruvi, Chittukuruvi. This is a fun filled song with tappa tappa tapping

As for Marghazhi Poove, it was a phenomenon back then. Everybody was attached to that songs. this song really proves ARR magical blending of classical & western instruments

Adi paaru mangatha was good (minus the lyrics)

Wibha
10th January 2007, 08:55 AM
i LUV "madrasa suthie paaka porean" :redjump: it's such a cool song .....thou i've never been able to do it :( it gives me josh and energy and makes me HYPER :bluejump:

oder songs i like "palakaatu machanuku"

Kumar2020
10th January 2007, 07:10 PM
in one word.....a "classic"
it will be special for those who grew up with his songs like myself and the special thing was this movie was shown on jan 6th(rahman's birthday) on astro vanavil here in malaysia in the morning....i took it as a treat for myself on rahman birthday.....

Nerd
10th January 2007, 10:39 PM
May maadham is an excellent album with four outstanding numbers.

1. paalakkaattu machchaanukku -- You can never predict the tempo of the song and the guitar usage will be too good.

2. maargazhi poovE -- This was the most famous song when the movie came out. They often used to play this in TV/Radio

3. minnalE -- Amazing lyrics and superb rendition by SPB and the orchestration gelled very well with that.

4. en mEl vizhuntha -- My most favourite song in this album. Outstanding lyrics again. Close your eyes and listen to the song. Pure magic :)

P.S. This album was written off by vikatan in their review (of the movie). I am pretty sure they had to eat a little humble pie :)

Sanguine Sridhar
11th January 2007, 12:11 AM
talking about the
'en mel vizhundha' .. lyrics are awesome...

maNNai thiRandhaal neer irukkum
en manadhai thiRandhaal nee iruppaay
oliyai thiRandhaal isai irukkum
en uyirai thiRandhaal nee iruppaay
vaanam thiRandhaal mazhai irukkum
en vayadhai thiRandhaal nee iruppaay
iravai thiRandhaal pagal irukkum
en imaiyai thiRandhaal nee iruppaay

and i love the flute piece in between the song...

ilaiyum malarum urasugayil
enna baashai paesidumoa
alaiyum karaiyum urasugayil
paesum baashai paesidumoa :clap:
maNNum viNNum urasugayil
enna baashai paesidumoa
paarvai reNdum paesikoNdaal
baashai oomai aayvidumoa

ajaybaskar
11th January 2007, 05:58 PM
En excellent album of ARR. Minnalae and Margazhi poovae r my favourites...The Title Song, "May..May..May madham" was an off beat number..

NOV
11th January 2007, 06:45 PM
2. maargazhi poovE -- This was the most famous song when the movie came out. They often used to play this in TV/Radiohow many of you know that this song is inspired from Venketesa Suprapaadham? ;)

thamizhvaanan
11th January 2007, 07:13 PM
almost everyone 8-) :P

only the humming portion rite?

ajaybaskar
11th January 2007, 07:21 PM
2. maargazhi poovE -- This was the most famous song when the movie came out. They often used to play this in TV/Radiohow many of you know that this song is inspired from Venketesa Suprapaadham? ;)

Most of us know that

Nerd
12th January 2007, 02:38 AM

I know that NOV :twisted: and I am still trying to find, WHY :roll:

btw, my nominee for next week's album is thirudA thirudA :)

Sanguine Sridhar
12th January 2007, 02:58 AM
Next to Nerd maams - mine is Duet :thumbsup:

Wibha
12th January 2007, 05:37 AM
nominations :clap:

NOV
12th January 2007, 07:30 AM
:lol2:
since no one mentioned the obvious, I asked that question.

btw, my nominee for next week's album is thirudA thirudA :) Great choice. Easily one of the best albums in ARR's career!

music man
12th January 2007, 09:40 AM
1)Whenever I hear this song "Marghazhi Poove" my eyes lit up, my spirits get rejuvunated and I feel fresh..I dunno why.. :huh: For some strange reasons, this is my favorite song till date..I was studying 6th or 7th tat time and they wud telecast the song very often and the radios will air the song too often... I will jump with joy whenever I hear tis song..Even now nothing has changed..
Yes this song's starting is inspired from "Suprapadham"..But everyone including the composer wud have known tat..There must be some special reason behind it..
Tat chirping sound,followed by beautiful flute and jazz guitar and all those strange sounds.....Wow...Sweet memories..Tat song was ahead of times in terms of sound..Strangely Shoba never sang again... :confused2:
2)Paalakaatu Machaanuku is a catchy song very popular those days but faded soon..Beautiful guitars and beats..Innovative stuff..
3)En Mael...Wow wat a song..Excellent melody..One of the best tracks of Rahman..The movie got released in 1994..(May be later half of 1994)..Rahman exhibited maturity in his compositions..
4)Minnale..Another great song..Still one of my favourites when I play in my keyboard..
5)Even this movie's BGM's r superb.. People can hear from arrfansgroup or some other sites..Breath taking youthful BGMs..
Kind request from ARR fans like me is--> Rahman we need another May Madham or Duet..Can u give it????

Wibha
12th January 2007, 09:43 AM
ARR can always give it :D

btw i'm having SERIOUS problem with raaga.com it's not working at all.it goes to some jaan-e man thingy :banghead:

is der any good website i can listen to songs?

musicindiaonline recording is not so clear :cry2:

Ramakrishna
18th January 2007, 07:37 PM
Thiruda Thiruda :thumbsup:

My favourite song in this album is Thee Thee

Wibha
19th January 2007, 06:29 AM
Chanralekha.......... :notworthy:

basically all da songs in dis

rayan36
19th January 2007, 02:41 PM
All songs in TT are excellent, can't argue with that, but I'll go for Rasathi by the late Shahul Hammed, his voice really comnquers the song

Nerd
23rd January 2007, 12:09 AM
ThirudA thirudA is my most favorite ARR album till date, easily. And its arguably one of his best ever. The tracks in the order of my preference :)

Putham pudhu boomi -- Best song from the Mano + ARR combo. Actually I like ALL the songs from this *rare* combo. Mano rocks especially in the lines sontha Agayam vENdum. jOdi nilavonru vENdum

Thee Thee - Just mindblowing music intertwined with some amazing lyrics. The interludes in this song are amazing

rAsAthi - Shahul hameed's magical voice. Very good chorus which doesnt hinder the flow of the song.

veerapANdi kOttayilE -- Fantastic percussions and a great dance number.

chandralEkA -- Amazing prelude. Electrifying and thats probably the highest pitch a female singer can take :)

kaNNum kaNNum -- A fun song with funny lyrics. very good interludes.

Shankar
23rd January 2007, 11:16 AM
Thiruda..thiruda:

ARR's BEST work till date. The freshness, the arrogance of youth were all in the fore in this album. After Roja, and pudhiya mugam, I was also one of the people who thot this guy would fade away after giving two interesting albums, and when I first heard the album (It was in Binaka geethamalai, i first heard veera pANdi kOttayilE) I was bowled over.

After the first listen, chandralekha was my fav, and hated rAsathi. Thee thee ( i knew the jathi was a lift from his own work for tantex vests & briefs ad - Maris complex in trichy, screening thiruda..thiruda, unfortunately had the ad played just before the movie started, exposing arr :-) )was my second fav. Then came the Thiruda..thiruda chase theme...for a 11'th std kid (me), it was a very exciting score.

As I kept listening to it, the order became...

1. Puththam pudhu bhoomi: One of the most refreshingly original numbers by arr. One piece of work (apart from bombay theme) that shows he can do a good job in WC. Lyrics were good, and the picturization was good too.
2. Chandralekha: Anupama takes the song to a different plane by her singing. a very good sound engineering, along with great arrangement, makes this a fantastic number.
3. thee..thee: Purely for percussion, and the jathis. A more manly & clear voice (SM, may be)wud've done wonders to this song.
4. rAsAthi: The flow of the song is amazing.There's no single moment where you feel you need an interlude. A very innovative number.

the other two were decent numbers.

rsubras
23rd January 2007, 12:04 PM
With Thiruda Thiruda i think mani started a new way of marketing trend....till the movie was released in oct 1993, the radio was repeatedly broadcasting only the veerapandi kottaiyile song if i remember correct and making it a super hit bfore the movie got released.... Once the movie released naturally the other better songs in the film over took veerapandi kottaiyile :)

inniku kettalum fresh ah irukkara sooooooooooooooperb songs thiruda thiruda la.....one can never believe the album came 14 years ago :D

MADDY
23rd January 2007, 03:11 PM
this album's songs were really barrier breaking -

Chandralekha featured in MTV (that time MTV was only in US and used to telecast in US only)......dunno whether it was the first indian film song to do so.....

veera paandi song was the first tamil song which featured in "super hit muqabla" which was a very popular countdown show in North India that time.....

Raasathi had no instrumentation support.........which was answer to his critics that he can give songs without instrument support.....

Thee thee had a person called Jathi raja for jathis in the song......that Jathi raja was none other than ARR :lol:

in all TT was a real path breaker in 90's/......wish ARR gives such albums to send the copy cats packing out of TF.....

Dragun
24th January 2007, 12:35 AM
Raasathi had no instrumentation support.........which was answer to his critics that he can give songs without instrument support.....

There was a bass guitar that popped up occasionally, but it just provided a basic beat, not a melodic bass line.

Thee thee had a person called Jathi raja for jathis in the song......that Jathi raja was none other than ARR :lol:

I don't think so. It doesn't sound like ARR.

Chandralekha sounds so amazing its hard to believe that it is 14 years old! It still sounds extremely fresh.

rayan36
24th January 2007, 10:32 AM
Chandralekha sounds so amazing its hard to believe that it is 14 years old! It still sounds extremely fresh.

Ahead of its time Dragun, nobody does it better :thumbsup:

As far as I remember, THee Thee was the least preferred song in TT when it was released because other songs Kannum Kanum, Veerapandi, Chandralekha outshined as time goes by Thee Thee became the best, Rahman's slow poison I think :thumbsup:

Shankar
24th January 2007, 11:12 AM
dragun,
In one of the interviews arr reluctantly agreed that he was indeed jathi raja.

Dragun
24th January 2007, 12:16 PM
You guys are right, it is ARR's voice doing the "ma pa ni sa ni sa" part, but the "thakathimi thakathimi..." part sounds like someone else.

Scale
28th January 2007, 10:42 PM
Here is one excellent review from Arvind Srinivasan,

http://arvindsrinivasan.blogspot.com/2005/07/music-watch-thiruda-thiruda.html

:thumbsup:

lancelot
29th January 2007, 12:39 AM
[tscii:e770b849c6]This is one of my all time favorite albums. Specially the song Rasathi, what an amazing song. I still don’t know who sings that song. What an amazing and refreshing voice. It’s simply amazing.
Then the theme song. its just to die for.
I got this new pair of Koss headphones. and this album sounds great in them.

iv only mentioned 2 of my favorites in this album, but all the other songs are also just amazing. Chandraleka, Kannum Kannum and Veerapandi are just as good.

One of the best albums of all time.
the first time I listen to this album I thought it must be very new (After Alaipayuthe) and then realized later that this was older. this album sounds new even today

hats off to the great A. R. Rahman

btw.. does anyone know why i get a [tscii] tag. it makes all my font small...pls PM me

hehe
:D[/tscii:e770b849c6]

Sanguine Sridhar
29th January 2007, 03:19 AM
Whenever i listen to Thiruda Thiruda it defly brings back my school memory!

1. Kannum Kannum

This was my fav when I was in school.We used to discuss about the lyrics and video of this song, in my classroom.Funny song, but very different one in that period

2.Chandralekha

IMO this is the first song with such a classy beats! Excellent pictuarisation is yet another plus of this song.

3. Veerapaandi

It is one of the best song of ARR. "...Vaal munayil oru suyawarama;managaikul...." after this line slowly the song will reach the fast phase..excellent!!

4. Putham Pudhu

When I was studying my college days myfriends sang this song and got first prize in an inter-college competion, simple but amazing song!

5. Thee Thee

It is my pick of the album! What a song!! What a picturaisation!! What a beautiful,rich female voice!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I heared that Thiruda Thiruda is the first album to be released as musical CD, is that true? (I read it in Sujatha's 'Kattradhum Petradhum')

thamizhvaanan
29th January 2007, 02:20 PM
Thiruda Thiruda.... One among the truly groundbreaking albums in TFM. ARR has scaled so many peaks in this one single album, that it is still tough to compare it with his other magnum opus albums. I should say both ARR and MR were too ambitious with this album and ARR pulled it off succesfully. This is what I will call "pushing the envelope"... :thumbsup:

Kannum kannum - Nice cool song... ARR has imbibed certain key elements of rock music in this song. An audacious interpretation of Rock in TFM!! :clap:

Chandralekha - This was my favourite when the album was released... and even now it is my favourite :2thumbsup: ARR once said that he suggested to do a song like Michael Jackson. But MR was apprehensive of wether it would fit into TFM or ppl will like it. The song that he came up with is this one. Sure it is modelled on MJ's pop, but where do we see the similarity?
And the programmed loops part... simply awesome... never b4 in TFM :2thumbsup: . And the maestro's wizardry comes to the fore once again when he uses a pucca indian instrument like veena in this western song... and to wat effect he uses it.... :notworthy:

veerapandi - Another awesome number... especially the western classical influenced interludes. if there is one thing that ARR has acheived in this album, it is to have mastered almost all kinds of instruments. And that includes vocals too which is evident in this song. Vocals compete against instruments in a dialogue sort of interlude. That is my fav portion of the song ... :thumbsup:

thee thee - Well, I hated this number in the beginning. I thot ARR did this just for the sake of adding one song. Ofcourse now you can almost predict my current opinion. This song is just too awesome to be appreciated in one hearing. I have been to several light music competitions in college culturals and in most of them, a group from Hindustan engineering college wins. In every single competition they perform this song and get accolades. Especially the flute interludes, a guy called naveen (coincidence? .. :huh: ) plays it perfectly. This song is so awesome that they win almost every competition. Last yr saarang they lost.. proly coz of being repetitive :oops:

There are other songs in this album... but enough said. No words can justify this truly wholesome album... long live the genius :notworthy:

rayan36
29th January 2007, 08:28 PM
[tscii:7f5d59445c]This is one of my all time favorite albums. Specially the song Rasathi, what an amazing song. I still don’t know who sings that song. What an amazing and refreshing voice. It’s simply amazing.

[/tscii:7f5d59445c]

It's Sahull Hammed

Scale
29th January 2007, 09:33 PM
I am still staggered how ARR deem to inlcude Rasaathi-a folk based into an ultra modern path-ground-concrete breaking soundtrack :lol:

lancelot
29th January 2007, 10:00 PM
[tscii:8c87ac9dcb]This is one of my all time favorite albums. Specially the song Rasathi, what an amazing song. I still don’t know who sings that song. What an amazing and refreshing voice. It’s simply amazing.

[/tscii:8c87ac9dcb]

It's Sahull Hammed

ahhh. wat are his other songs with ARR? how come he don sing no more?

hehe

Ramakrishna
29th January 2007, 10:09 PM
[tscii:c1eb6347b5]This is one of my all time favorite albums. Specially the song Rasathi, what an amazing song. I still don’t know who sings that song. What an amazing and refreshing voice. It’s simply amazing.

[/tscii:c1eb6347b5]

It's Sahull Hammed

ahhh. wat are his other songs with ARR? how come he don sing no more?

hehe

I guess he is not alive.

MADDY
29th January 2007, 10:17 PM
I guess he is not alive.

sadly yes.... :cry: ....he was killed in a road accident......ARR had said "this is one of the most shocking/bad news that i've ever got".......

other songs of shahul hameed with ARR:

1. Maari mazhai (uzhavan)
2. Edhukku pondatti (Kizhakku cheemayile)
3. Usilambatti penkutti (Gentleman)

as far as i can remember........ :D

Sanguine Sridhar
29th January 2007, 10:43 PM
I missed one more song!

6.Rasathee..

Shahul Hameed mesmerizing voice... "kolusu mani sirippum kumari siripumm keppa kepadheppO!" .... can we define melody in a single word? Its "Rasathee...!"

Dragun
30th January 2007, 12:01 AM
I guess he is not alive.

sadly yes.... :cry: ....he was killed in a road accident......ARR had said "this is one of the most shocking/bad news that i've ever got".......

Senthamizh Naattu (Vandicholai Chinarasu)
Vaarayo Thozhi (Jeans)

thamizhvaanan
30th January 2007, 07:55 AM
and for "thee thee" song, i think the jadhis were sung by suresh peters :roll:

rayan36
30th January 2007, 02:04 PM
I guess he is not alive.

Senthamizh Naattu (Vandicholai Chinarasu)
Vaarayo Thozhi (Jeans)

Yeah it's true his last number with ARR is in Jeans, but he has sang a song for Deva as his last one, can remember what song is it, really sad :cry:

rajeshkrv
1st February 2007, 11:36 AM
wonderful album

Putham pudhu boomi by Mano &KSC is a wonderful song with b'ful lyrics by VM

veerapandi kottayile by Mano,Unnimenon,KSC is a fantastic song .. as some one said " Vaalmunayil oru suyamvarama mangaikkul oru bayam varuma.. our damayanthi nanamma en nalarajan yaramma" it says the story of these guys behind a girl..

Chandralekha-- wow!! Anupama's dominating voice (if someone had heard her hindi song ye raat .. you'll appreciate it) with

thee thee - a new singer caroline had sung with a great effect ..

rasathee - folk tune and sahulhameed a perfect fit ..

out and out bubbling album by ARR

album of the ERA may be

rsubras
1st February 2007, 02:07 PM
next album of the week DUET vachukkalama ? :)

rsubras
1st February 2007, 02:09 PM
1 more song of shahul hameed with ARR is

"Take it easy oorvasi.." ( i think watever Prabhudeva sang in the film is Shahul Hameed's voice)

Ramakrishna
1st February 2007, 02:14 PM
1 more song of shahul hameed with ARR is

"Take it easy oorvasi.." ( i think watever Prabhudeva sang in the film is Shahul Hameed's voice)

Not Prabhudeva. It was vadivelu

rayan36
1st February 2007, 08:57 PM
wonderful album

Chandralekha-- wow!! Anupama's dominating voice (if someone had heard her hindi song ye raat .. you'll appreciate it) with

Yeah. I always thinked that Maaya Maaya would've been great with Anupama :wink:

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd February 2007, 11:26 PM
innum 1 vaaram avalaya :?

Ramakrishna
2nd February 2007, 11:29 PM
aayiducha :?

Nerd
2nd February 2007, 11:35 PM
10 naaL aava povudhu.. monday kuLLa atleast maathirunga, RK (duet ah ) :)

Sanguine Sridhar
2nd February 2007, 11:36 PM
Jan 18th first post on Thiruda Thiruda ...

Today : 02nd Feb : 15 days :lol2:

Ramakrishna
2nd February 2007, 11:39 PM
Duet la my fav song Anjali Anjali :thumbsup:

Wibha
4th February 2007, 03:36 AM
Ram anna next week kangalal kaidhu sai ok va :roll:

DUET :cool:

all songs r my favorite.mettuopdu :clap: wat a song :notworthy:

buddysathi
4th February 2007, 03:51 AM
Duet is by far the best of ARR, Ofcourse there are other masterpieces by ARR, but for me this is definitely slightly higher than rest of his stuff.

" Naan paadum santham"- Wow! Magic blend of SPB's voice and Kadri's Sax! No words to describe!

rayan36
4th February 2007, 10:34 AM
This is the only album that Rahman used SPB for all of the songs (except 1), This is very rare in Rahmans case, I wonder why

A.ANAND
4th February 2007, 10:35 AM
my fav.in duet, en kathale,vennilavin[jesudas summa kalaki irruppar] :clap:

Wibha
4th February 2007, 10:40 AM
This is the only album that Rahman used SPB for all of the songs (except 1), This is very rare in Rahmans case, I wonder why

SPb is(was) already an established singer.if u notice ARR has only new comers most of the time..... rahman gives opportunity to everyone i guess. but watever it is experienced singers like SPB hariharan and chitra have atleast one song in most of his movies

rayan36
4th February 2007, 10:52 AM
All of them have good rep (good songs 2 8-) ) with Rahman, but this album is very special, we'll never get a album like this

Do u know that the tune form Anjali is used in Kabhi Na Kabhi, instruments used is totally different :2thumbsup:

rsubras
4th February 2007, 12:04 PM
Duet........ most lovable album from A.R.Rahman... Anjali Anjali song........ athu appadiye manasukkula pugunthu ithama varudi kodukara song... I was in my +1 / +2 when this movie got released. Eppo lam enakku sogam / depression varumo appolam i will hear this song...... and manasukku semma aaruthala irukkum :D........... so sweeeeeeeeet song

But I feel this was the film that got A.R.Rahman his first bad review in the media.

Kungumam said, pulichu pona paadalgalaiye koduthu makkalin kaadhugalai thavaraga edai pottu vittar Rahman ( I dont remember exactly..but ithu pola something)

Vikatan too didnt have much to tell about (I dont remember what they said)

Only Kalki said.....dont watch the movie, just buy the audio cassette and enjoy the film closing your eyes.

rsubras
4th February 2007, 12:06 PM
And also en kaathale song la Prabhu song ku etha maathiri tune la vaasichittu irukkumbothu Meenaxi Seshadri varuvaanga. udane antha tune anjali anjali ku maarum briefly..appuram again it will flow back to the original tune...... Sooper ah irukkum :)

MADDY
4th February 2007, 08:45 PM
DUET

i have seen this movie 14 times - 3 times in theatres and 11 times on TV.......this is one of my favorite KB's movies.......genius of K.Balachander written all over... :D

Naan paadum sandham - my favorite song......wat a tune and amazing sax bits from Kadri Gopalnath.... 8-)

Mettupodu - amazing number.....great percussion with a very traditional look......the guitars used in interludes sound so indian..........Sax and Guitar sounded so Indian.....i think ARR mastered the art of making "western instruments sound Indian in this movie only"......

Anjali - SPB/Chithra - dont we miss this combo in ARR songs?? :cry: .....3 charanams and all have a different tempo.....innovation redefined......

Vennilavin - again yesudas is a rarity in ARR songs......amazing arrangements.......the violins speed and stop for yesudas's voice, and then speeds again.......so neat......ARR clearly showed that he is a WCM genius....

En Kadhale - is there anything left about it that hasnt been said before?? great music and supreme rendition by SPB

Sax theme - just listen to it......so cool......highest recording quality...
Kulicha kutthhalam and Kathhirikka were also good.....
"Kavithaikku porul" and "Sithhithinaal" poems.....
English song sung by Noell James (does anyone know this :wink: )

all in all K.Balachander gave a big playground for ARR to play.....and ARR played like a champion on it....if there is a shankarabaranam for carnatic music then there is a Duet for fusion music...

lancelot
4th February 2007, 08:47 PM
And also en kaathale song la Prabhu song ku etha maathiri tune la vaasichittu irukkumbothu Meenaxi Seshadri varuvaanga. udane antha tune anjali anjali ku maarum briefly..appuram again it will flow back to the original tune...... Sooper ah irukkum :)

ya that part is just amazing.

hehe

MADDY
13th February 2007, 08:47 PM
Rama, go for the kill......bring in Alaipauhthey..... :D 8-)

rayan36
13th February 2007, 09:24 PM
A little info 'bout the Duet cdwhich i PROUDLY own ( actually my dad bought it way back in 94)

The cd was released by pyramid, that time mostly all Rahman album was released by Pyramid, the quality is great & works fine until know.

It has a booklet with the motto 'adding a new dimension to music' with KB, ARR & VM photo inside with the usual credits of Rahmans team

Sax (western) - Raju
(classical) - Kadri Gopalnath

Flute & Rhythm - Naveen & Raja

Audio Engineers - H.Sridhar & Sivakumar

Keyboard - WHO ELSE :!: :wink:

funny it didn't mention drums Sivamani's name

At the end of the booklet it feature's A.R.Rahman "future" release under Pyramid ; May Matham, Puthiya Manargal, Vandi Cholai & BR's Thiruvizha :shock: maybe it has undergone changes in the name

The cd has 9 tracks minus the two poems (should've been included :evil: ) don't bother 'bout asking the other half of the songs in the cd :banghead:

one more thing it comes with a 35.00 price tag

rayan36
13th February 2007, 09:24 PM
A little info 'bout the Duet cdwhich i PROUDLY own ( actually my dad bought it way back in 94)

The cd was released by pyramid, that time mostly all Rahman album was released by Pyramid, the quality is great & works fine until know.

It has a booklet with the motto 'adding a new dimension to music' with KB, ARR & VM photo inside with the usual credits of Rahmans team

Sax (western) - Raju
(classical) - Kadri Gopalnath

Flute & Rhythm - Naveen & Raja

Audio Engineers - H.Sridhar & Sivakumar

Keyboard - WHO ELSE :!: :wink:

funny it didn't mention drums Sivamani's name

At the end of the booklet it feature's A.R.Rahman "future" release under Pyramid ; May Matham, Puthiya Manargal, Vandi Cholai & BR's Thiruvizha :shock: maybe it has undergone changes in the name

The cd has 9 tracks minus the two poems (should've been included :evil: ) don't bother 'bout asking the other half of the songs in the cd :banghead:

one more thing it comes with a 35.00 price tag

ajaybaskar
14th February 2007, 08:39 PM
I cant help remembering the day i bought Alaipayuthey audio. I was doing my first yr engineering at tiruchendur then. I went restless when i saw the promos in Dailythanthi. I was waiting for the day of its release. Madras talkies had been constantly giving promos on the paper without mentioning the date of audio release. Finally came the D day. I, along with some other ARR fans bunked the classes and went to the music shop and enquired if the cassettes had arrived ( I was not having a CD player then). But the shop keeper had said that it wud take atleast a day's time from the actual day of release. Engalukko Porumai illa... We caught a bus to Tuticorin which is the nearest city ti tiruchendur. Then we started our hunt for the cassette. It was just 10 am and the cassettes had not arrived. We all waited till 1 pm and when we finally got the cassette in our hands, we felt as if we had waited for 10 months and delivered a baby..

(Aftermath incidents to be continued tomorrow...)

ajaybaskar
14th February 2007, 08:43 PM
I cant help remembering the day i bought Alaipayuthey audio. I was doing my first yr engineering at tiruchendur then. I went restless when i saw the promos in Dailythanthi. I was waiting for the day of its release. Madras talkies had been constantly giving promos on the paper without mentioning the date of audio release. Finally came the D day. I, along with some other ARR fans bunked the classes and went to the music shop and enquired if the cassettes had arrived ( I was not having a CD player then). But the shop keeper had said that it wud take atleast a day's time from the actual day of release. Engalukko Porumai illa... We caught a bus to Tuticorin which is the nearest city ti tiruchendur. Then we started our hunt for the cassette. It was just 10 am and the cassettes had not arrived. We all waited till 1 pm and when we finally got the cassette in our hands, we felt as if we had waited for 10 months and delivered a baby..

(Aftermath incidents to be continued tomorrow...)

Wibha
15th February 2007, 08:59 AM
ALAIPAAYUTHEY :clap:

marakka mudiyathu especially kaadhal sadugudu :musicsmile:

and endrendrum.maddy intro :thumbsup:

MADDY
15th February 2007, 11:09 AM
ALAIPAAYUTHEY :clap:

marakka mudiyathu especially kaadhal sadugudu :musicsmile:

and endrendrum.maddy intro :thumbsup:

yup, maddy's intro was one of the most memorable intros ever....IMO......great music to start his career with..... :D

ajay..... :shock: .....even i was in 1st yr engg when AP came.... :D .......btw, ppl. are going to guess our age if we give personal details like this.... :wink: ...waiting for part2.... :arrow:

Wibha
16th February 2007, 09:32 AM
sudhir :lol:

AP was the first movie i saw in chennai.i still remeber da claps for ARR's name...even mani sir didn't get such claps :lol:

MADHAVAN ku claps was aweosme...... i think i went like 2nd day 2nd show but can't remember da theatre :roll:

selvakumar
16th February 2007, 10:49 AM
MADHAVAN ku claps was aweosme...... i think i went like 2nd day 2nd show but can't remember da theatre :roll:

:rotfl:
naaNga eLLaarum idha nambittoem ! :rotfl2:

MADDY
16th February 2007, 05:45 PM

:evil: :evil: ....enna idhu chinna pullathanama??? Maddy is a big hero...... :wink: .......idhayum nambunga.... :evil: ....its an order

selvakumar
16th February 2007, 06:01 PM
Naanga POIYA eLLam namba maattoem ! First film la, athuvum rendaavathu naaLae Maddy kku CLAPS nnu sonna :lol: :lol:

Ippa solluraeN : Maddy periya HERO thaaN ! (AlaipaayutheY release aagum podu) :mrgreen:

Wibha
18th February 2007, 01:13 AM

nambarathu ungalodiya ishatam.but it IS true :yes:

maddy-oda luks ke claps vandirukku :D

kb
18th February 2007, 07:51 AM
ada neenga vera.. roja kootam padathuku srikanth-ku claps kidachathu.. intro la :roll: :roll: (only from girls side)

intha ponnungaley ippadi thaan boss...

rayan36
18th February 2007, 08:27 PM
Back to music guys :lol:

Since I didn't have a pc back then, I only know that it's ARR movie after the movie release, at first i really don't like the songs except for Pachai Niramay & Kathal Sadugudu, but after a few months, it's became an anthem for me

In Sathiya i really love Chori Pe Chori, its kinda remix of the original version, & sathiya (2), it has tamil version lyrics in the middle (kathalil kathalil neram)

lancelot
18th February 2007, 11:06 PM
i have so much to say about this album. but i dont realy have time. so ill make it short.

This album is what showed me what music was. I knew nothing about music, NOTHING! This was the time my dad got me a Walkman. It was the best in the market at that time.

I wanted to listen to some music. One of my friends recommended Alaipayuthey. He said that it was out about a week back and the songs are really good.

So I went to the only record bar I know and asked for it. Normally in SL they would record me the album in a D60 TDK and give. But this guy gave me the original cassette for 130 SLR/=. I will never forget that.

I came home and played it. I fell in love with it the fist time I listened to it. Snegithene and Eveno Oruvan were my instant favorites. But then I started to love all the songs in the album.

Started reading the information given in the cassette over and over again. I knew about ARR only then. I started asking my friends about him and his music an step by step I fell in love with ARRs music so much that now all my friends ask me about ARR.

This album made me love music. It was a curse! It was a gift!

hehe

Wibha
19th February 2007, 03:17 AM
lance :clap:

i wonder y but s'thing makes me not to like pachai niramea....... :roll:

Ramakrishna
26th February 2007, 11:37 PM
Whats next guys????

Wibha
27th February 2007, 08:26 AM
Rangeela?

Ramakrishna
27th February 2007, 10:48 PM
ARR's first hindi movie :D

Nakeeran
27th February 2007, 10:50 PM
Hi Ramkii

Rangeela made the whole TN proud .

This is the first movie which was immensely popular for the songs composed by a South Indian ARR .

Even today, this songs are being spoken in Mumbai !

Wibha
28th February 2007, 07:55 AM
RANGEELA......even my mom dances to these songs................. dis guy's got some magic :roll:

his voice in haiyayo is so mesmerising.................. :musicsmile:

SPIRIT of rangeela.... :clap:

hai rama is like one song u can always listen to........ hariharan has done it so well........

i used to listen to this album everyday.it was my suprabhatam

Kumar2020
1st March 2007, 07:02 PM
miss those days......

MADDY
1st March 2007, 10:35 PM
RANGEELA

u remember this movie for ARRahman and Urmila...... :D

Kya kare kya na kare should qualify as my most favorite ARR song ever..... 8-) .....wat lyrics - it inspired me so much that i never hesitated to talk to a girl - known or unknown, high heels or hawai chappal :lol:

Tanha Tanha - great song.......starts with flute sounds on keyboard, and then asha bosle's gr8 voice......the picturisation was also too good..... :D

rest later :wink:

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 05:05 AM
I even got the cassette.. not knowing a word of hindi .. not that I know too many now...

No super sound system then ... still everytime I am home .. Rangeela.. was played non-stop .... breakfast.. lunch .. dinner time included.... ARR was just mesmerizing..
Folks at home were already fans of him due to "Thiruda Thiruda" which went through the same rituals..

The more I listened ... Rangeela Re became my least favourite of the album .. "Kya Kare" was numero uno .... "Pyare Jaane Kaisa" was number 2 and "AiAiyo" took the third spot... I think ARR really knew how to use Udit.....

One helluva path breaking album... Hmmm good old days...

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 05:08 AM
And the probably the album which sounded alarm to all the reigning HFM MD's .. to go take their respective spots and dare not think about the Numero Uno Chair... And to this date I dont think anybody has dethroned him there...

Music4Ever
2nd March 2007, 08:12 AM
"And to this date I dont think anybody has dethroned him there..."

As is the case in TFM too. Harris and Yuvan are popular as are Himesh, Jatin-Lalit, Anu Malik, Pritam etc. Both, however, have not dethroned him, IMO. ARR's popularity in Tamil has probably waned, though. His albums are not inducing that craze anymore, at least to me. In every tamil album of late, two or three songs are very very good and the rest are only so so. I don't see this trend changing with Sivaji. May be ATM.

Hulkster
2nd March 2007, 09:57 AM
Yeah..ARR seems to be on the IR style...giving hit albums..experimental and refreshing one after another and once they have become established forces and more into international music their output is reduced to two or three hit songs per album or the odd hit album....hopefully ARR does not fall into the global trap and focus more on significant albums and less on certain ones like IR did even though their output and quality is as fresh as ever :exactly:

Hulkster
2nd March 2007, 09:58 AM
As for HFM besides S-E-L and perhaps jatin-lalit the rest are totally inconsistent and some just producing music totally commercial...besides ARR and S-E-L the orchestration in HFM is of mediocre quality...:x

selvakumar
2nd March 2007, 10:23 AM
u remember this movie for ARRahman and Urmila...... :D

I think the second one is 100% true :lol: :lol:

MADDY
2nd March 2007, 09:59 PM
Yeah..ARR seems to be on the IR style...giving hit albums..experimental and refreshing one after another and once they have become established forces and more into international music their output is reduced to two or three hit songs per album or the odd hit album....hopefully ARR does not fall into the global trap and focus more on significant albums and less on certain ones like IR did even though their output and quality is as fresh as ever :exactly:

ARR on IR style??? no way......ARR is always unique and will stay so.......thats y we like him, if he had bbeen like IR he wud have bcome another deva only..........the sluggish tunes/rythms that u see now are a sign of maturity.....he wants to xperiment........how long can he churn muqablas and mustafas??? its like Sachin who has stopped playing like wat he was in 90's..... :D

Mangta hai kya - Shwetha shetty and ARRahman - it was probably the first ARR hindi song..... :D .......with catchy rythms and interesting interludes, this song was a immediate crowd puller.......the first interlude has a african touch supported by pretty good beats.....a feel good song which had sounds of Ramu as well........wish ARR works with Ramu again.....

sloshed
2nd March 2007, 10:38 PM
Mangta Hai Kya....

I think this song was way ahead of its times... the arrangement .. voice .. mixing. .. broke all conventions....
Its only an irony that the success of this song was masked by the enitre album of superlatives...

dinesh2002
3rd March 2007, 06:37 AM
Hulkster... ARR was never on IR's way... infact, ARR is creating a new path & an eye opener for all the current MD with his Pray For Me Brother ..... :)

and def he isnt on IR's path when it comes to music.... if not... he would be just like another Deva for IR .... :)....

about Rangeela... goodness...the effect of Rangeela in Hindi Film Industry is phenomenal !! the best i loved was Kadhale..... Ennai Seithayo....Yen Kangalil....Pugunde Kondaiyo... excellent love melody.... aahh... wut about Hai Rama... ?? excellent arrangments of loops & instruments used .... remember how it was aped by Deva in Hello movie [Intha Nimisham]... ;)and the anthem of India - Rangeela Re.... .... :clap:

Wibha
3rd March 2007, 07:44 AM
hulk anna ARR and IR completely different styles :yes:

ARR brought in new music wid singers.........ARR brought the drums da beats da passion :D

Hulkster
3rd March 2007, 08:22 AM
Yen arumaiyaana nanbargaley..IR style does not mean IR style of music..it means he is treading the similar path of IR where IR used to gave hit albums one after another during his peak but once global stage came calling he focussed on some albums and gave hit songs(one or two) in another...misunderstanding pa misunderstanding :P

dinesh2002
3rd March 2007, 08:44 AM
Yen arumaiyaana nanbargaley..IR style does not mean IR style of music..it means he is treading the similar path of IR where IR used to gave hit albums one after another during his peak but once global stage came calling he focussed on some albums and gave hit songs(one or two) in another...misunderstanding pa misunderstanding :P

i think this factor is more of " the cycle of time " .... history repeats :P

rayan36
3rd March 2007, 09:16 PM
I really don't know at first that Rangeela was a Hindi movie :lol: It's really took a few months to know that............IMO this is one of the best Hindi to Tamil transition ever, be it the lyrics or the choice of singers absolutely perfect,one of my ever top ten songs is Kya Kare/Kamban Shelly & Haiyaiyo, both songs are very very rare in Tamil, if I played now someone will ask me is it a new song :roll: SPB 'n Udit's voice perfectly match the music

Hulkster
4th March 2007, 10:51 AM

i think this factor is more of " the cycle of time " .... history repeats :P

In that case is another talent coming to break ARR?..well even if he comes he wunt break ARR as ARR is already a global icon...the same when ARR broke IR when IR moved on to symphony and instrumental albums...its a recurring process as u said :P

Hulkster
4th March 2007, 02:34 PM
Rangeela..if i am not wrong this was ARR's first with Ram Gopal Varma and also first in hindi. Fantastic tunes with a deep longingness of romance displayed in the songs which probably reflected on the movie in which aamir only gets urmila at the end. Somehow the songs did not propel ARR to the heights he is now in HFM then . Before this film came ARR's pudhiya mugam which highlighted his penchant for mixing the situation's atmosphere within the tunes of his songs which really made him unique. :P Same bodes here as well. If RGV's picturisation was better the songs would really have been a blockbuster on screen.

dinesh2002
4th March 2007, 04:08 PM
yup Hulkster... agreed with both ur post above... :D

but i think Rangeela's BLOCKBUSTER HIT status was satisfying... i mean...gosh...the amount of times the songs was beein played around...though i was young that time...i still can remember its effect... and also Kadhalan's effect... one of ARR's greatest time in his career.... :D

Hulkster
4th March 2007, 04:18 PM
Kadhalan is another one..although it was abit massy with muqaala and oorvasi which showed the usually focussed skill of him (rhythms) there is a melody that can compete with his best melodies so far. Ennavaley adi Ennavaley..lyrics..the orchestration and the soothing sound it produces when you singing..scintillating stuff. Was it piano that he used in ennavaley? I remember the way it rushes after the female lead singers says "hmmm"..:P

Hulkster
4th March 2007, 04:25 PM
Nope its not piano but the keyboard with the flute and the carnatic violin and the rush im talking about comes in the midst of the second interlude :P

dinesh2002
4th March 2007, 05:59 PM
yes Hulkster .... that song... WOW... no words to describe it !!! absolute magic ... with a fresh voice, Unnikrishnan with that flute & usage of the female harmony... adada...simply the best... :D ....

aii...we were suppose to talk about Rangeela but end up in Kadhalan.. hehe... hope the next album of the week is kadhalan...lotsa stuff to talk about that album... 9 great tracks :D

Hulkster
5th March 2007, 10:02 AM
I think we can officially start on Kadhalan as its a new week now :P I would also like to share my views about some of the songs that ARR has tunes especially yeraani which has good telugu folk usage especially the beats. :D

Digression
*/ Dinesh how was the response to liverpool's defeat by manutd..i bet there would have been a massive uproar :P */
End Digression

Sanjeevi
5th March 2007, 11:30 AM
Superb album by ARR was rangeela. It stunned north indian walas for its new kind of music. Rahman knows clearly how a singer will tell his name indirectly while singing his tune. When I was listening to Chithra's number in rangeela, i wondered this is chithra???

dinesh2002
5th March 2007, 04:59 PM
[[ Hulkster... haha...yea..my frens were crazy & quarreling at class... i didint took part ofcource... haha :lol2: ]]

Yes Sanjeevi, singers in ARR songs explore the other side of them, the deep passion towards music of theirs r usually visible in ARR's songs... a good example check out Chinamyi in Tere Bina - Guru :)

Yes.. Kadhalan... and no doubt about Mukkala's excellent & neat arrangement of loops at the ending of the song. Those loops were used by almost all the Mds of today but can never create a Mukkala effect :P

Ramakrishna
6th March 2007, 05:49 PM
Ennavale in Kadhalan is one of ARR's best melodies.
But my favourites are Pettai rap and Kaathalikum pennin

Hulkster
6th March 2007, 07:21 PM
Yes.. Kadhalan... and no doubt about Mukkala's excellent & neat arrangement of loops at the ending of the song. Those loops were used by almost all the Mds of today but can never create a Mukkala effect :P

ARR is well versed in how to make his instruments talk for the situation...and thats why the loops he used at the end of the song gave prabhu deva's dance a double magical effect...actually those dance steps were still minimal but the loops did the rest. The MD thats use the loops now use it as beats for accompanying purpose or just to give the song a "polished" effect with no studying of the situation. :D

Ramsu :cool:....Pettai Rap along with mukkabala showed why ARR is king of rhythms...he just tunes it to let you go all peppy...but i have interest in yerani gopala...it had some unique beats with some vibrant vocals which also showed ARR's interest in folk music :D

Wibha
7th March 2007, 07:03 AM
adukulla one week aayidutha :roll:

kadhalan coool album........da only song i hate is muquabula.i should b in a very gud mood if i should listen to this song :roll:

pettai rap and ooravasi :clap: i love dese
ennavalea- very touchy song wid full of emotions

kadhlikkum penning- cooooooooollllll song

music man
7th March 2007, 09:39 AM
Kadhaan is indeed a superb album...
1) Oorvasi-Superb song,great music...Great dance movements..Listen to that bass guitar in one of those interludes...Great beats
2)Ennavale-Cool as a breeze..Electronic piano,flutes,violins and bells to a grandeur effect..Easily one of Rahman's best..I can still remember an article way back in 1994 tat stated tat Rahman used a western band to play tat opening flute piece(May not be true)..
3)Kollaiyile-No one talks about tis song...I love this song..Great melody..Short song but superb melody..
4)Kadhalikum pennin-Another superb song..Great catchy number..Great singing by SPB.Great mandolin effects loop used thro'out this song..
5)Muquabala-Wow..great number in alban's style..One of the greatest hits along Oorvasi and Ennavale..Powerful beats..As ARR fans we only hope tat ARR gives one song of this kind now.ARR himself admitted tat he did this song in a hurry and as a result the same loop was used by two composers(one being a western composer-the loop is a free one)...
6) Errani-Some how I don't like this song..

music man
7th March 2007, 09:45 AM
Pettai rap--Another catchy number...Lyrics by Shankar..Simple beats but a hit number tat showed ARR's briliant mind in fusion..He brought out his rap version in style..

littlemaster1982
9th March 2007, 11:04 AM
I was crazy about Kaadhalan songs when it was released.

My friend said, when he watched the movie in Chennai, college students flocked operators cabin to show the songs once more (Esp. Muqabla and Oorvasi). They even gave him money to repeat the songs. When he refused over a point of time, they blocked the lens with books and darkened the screen.

Till now I ve never heard such a crazy thing happened for any other movie songs.

rayan36
10th March 2007, 07:17 PM
this album made ARR's solid stand in Indian music for years to come. Valli said in a function that Mukkala Mukkabala is actually referring to "mukkal pazham" so that's how the song was born & it wasn't ARR fault. The line that I like is "santhosham yenbathey salikathe padalaa..." looks like Valli was right :wink:

songs like Kolaiyilay Thenai Vaithu & Katru Kuthirayilay were used as parodys by current Md's.

just like Mukkala, Urvasi Urvasi is a phenomenon........till now, tested Prabhu Deva's dancing skills with ARR keyboards. the late Shahul Hameed for Vadivelu :lol: great

Pettai rap. we've heard western + classical, but western+ghana :shock: Rahman got to the masses

Ennavalay, all time greatest love song, can't deny it.

My least fav. (doesn't mean I hate it) for this album is Gopala Gopala, it has really good instrument arrangements, interludes in between......awesome

Kadhalikum Pennin, my personal fav. song, the beats, loops. Udit was great rendering those jathi's & lyrics, with all these upbeat western music, our master never forgets to insert classical instruments in this song; melam & vennai. That's the reason oldies (like my dad) love him

Ghana, folk, rap, classical, dance, melody (whatever you wanna add) it's here in this album

I heard this is the first tamil album made in CD,,,,,,is it :?:

A.ANAND
11th March 2007, 09:58 AM
this album made ARR's solid stand in Indian music for years to come. Valli said in a function that Mukkala Mukkabala is actually referring to "mukkal pazham" so that's how the song was born & it wasn't ARR fault. The line that I like is "santhosham yenbathey salikathe padalaa..." looks like Valli was right :wink:

songs like Kolaiyilay Thenai Vaithu & Katru Kuthirayilay were used as parodys by current Md's.

just like Mukkala, Urvasi Urvasi is a phenomenon........till now, tested Prabhu Deva's dancing skills with ARR keyboards. the late Shahul Hameed for Vadivelu :lol: great

Pettai rap. we've heard western + classical, but western+ghana :shock: Rahman got to the masses

Ennavalay, all time greatest love song, can't deny it.

My least fav. (doesn't mean I hate it) for this album is Gopala Gopala, it has really good instrument arrangements, interludes in between......awesome

Kadhalikum Pennin, my personal fav. song, the beats, loops. Udit was great rendering those jathi's & lyrics, with all these upbeat western music, our master never forgets to insert classical instruments in this song; melam & vennai. That's the reason oldies (like my dad) love him

Ghana, folk, rap, classical, dance, melody (whatever you wanna add) it's here in this album

I heard this is the first tamil album made in CD,,,,,,is it :?:super review :thumbsup: kadhalan mathiri 3 album namma boss ippa kodutharunna ,ippa currentla irukira 'cut and paste'md ella 'thunda kaanum,thuniya kanum'innu odavendiyathu than :lol: :lol:

Hulkster
11th March 2007, 10:00 AM
A.Anand ARR is still good as ever..just reserving his best for films that really inspire him just like what is happening to IR now...ARR's experimentation with arabian music in Mayya Mayya still proves his prime is not lost yet :D

A.ANAND
11th March 2007, 10:38 AM
i still remember rahman in interview in dinakaran .n.paper few month ago, he says '10 vasusama adi adi'innu adichathu pothum' :D mendum kahdalan mathiri album nammaku kidaikka chance irukkathu innu theriyala.oru velai intha mathiri album'kku bye bye sollitharo :roll:

rayan36
11th March 2007, 01:07 PM
ARR is still giving his best......but based on movies 'n directors :wink: it's just the southies deny to admit it........vaith erichal :twisted:

MADDY
11th March 2007, 07:59 PM
Kadhalan - the musical earthquake that hit TN in 1994 8-)

it was literally a earthquake of sorts with all ppl. just lapping up this album......the hype/craze that this album created was too much and it was Muqabla song which clearly put ARR in Indian map of music......i still remember the frenzy that muqabla carried along with it.......it just smashed the hell out of the conservatives.......

Interesting incidents:
a) A conservative family used to live in our opposite house with the uncle being a big ARR basher........he used to blast ARR whenever he used to see me knowing that it irked me...... :evil: ......i used to keep quiet just bcos he had a daughter of my age :noteeth: .....so, after Kadhalan's audio released, i used to play it non-stop which tempted the bro-sis in my opposite house to the hilt........after a week or so, kadhalan's songs were playing from their house :shock: ........later i came to know, that the aunty had bought the cassette for her kids and they used to hide the cassetter whenever uncle is at home and listen to it when he was away......thats the power of ARR's music..... :thumbsup: :musicsmile:

b) during my english exam - there was a question - "write a essay on something that u enjoyed the most in the recent times" and i wrote Kadhalan's audio...... :lol: .....but i was warned by teacher not to repeat it ....... :cry:

Link : http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000074.html

song listing in my order of preference:

1. Kadhalikkum pennin - u know y i liked this song..... :wink: .......it evoked some strange feelings in me.......the veena bit in second interlude just melts u......udit's try at tamil was so cute but not liked by all :oops: ........picturisation was also cute with shankar feauturing in it (did u know? :wink: )

2. Urvasi : great beats/lyrics.........the first interlude is a lesson for fusion music.......amazing fusion of rajasthani folk sounds with the western beats........the second interlude had "kandadhum kadhal." which was a innovation in tamil music which was monotonous with pallavi-charanam-pallavi format.......

3. Indiraio aval sundariyo (ennavale tune) - this song just melts me any time........ :cry: ......wat chorus singing and arrangement of slow beats with female vocals....... :shock: .......manam mundiyadho, vizhi mundhiyadho, karam mundiyahdho.....kaviarasar oru kadhal-raisgar allavo..... :wink: ....the unnikrishnan of ennavale which was more famous - though bashed by subbudus and other vaitherichal cases-was touted as the best carnatic song in many years.....it started the trend of carnatic singers joining film music...

4. Muqabla - no need for me to describe anything abt this song except that we all were breathless to see the picturisation..... :D

5. Pettai rap - another first in tamil music......first RAP song..........i laugh when some ppl. say this trend started by u1...... :lol: ......it was one hell-of a song........it just had ppl. in frenzy......stop it - eva avaa - was the most famous dialogue in the schools and colleges those days.... :lol:

Katru kuthirayil, kollaiyile were awesome bit songs......errani kurrathani never gets listen time amngst such gigantic hits...... :oops:

this is wat we call a earth shattering effort - :bluejump: .........as long as my nose breathes, my brain works, my heart beats, and my eyes can see, these songs and memoried associated will stay with me........i think its same for many ARR fans of my age group.....

Ramakrishna
11th March 2007, 08:17 PM
:clap: :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
11th March 2007, 08:32 PM
During the release of Kaadhalan, i was too small. I had no idea who Rahman, Prabhudeva were that time. But i still remember being very adamant with my dad asking him to buy the cassette without having a single knowledge about the creator of the album. I was a crazy fan of Urvashi and Pettai rap then. I had no idea what the movie itself was all about then but saw the movie umpteen no. of times just for the songs. Only when i saw the movie about 4 or 5 years back i understood the movie. :D

coucou
11th March 2007, 10:48 PM
one of my friend whon doesn't know about tamil music (because she is french), recently she went to india and she heard playing in a resto mukabla mukabla , she loves very much this song , but she doesn't know one word in tamil this moment she starts liking tamil music 8-)
THIS IS ARR POWER , :) :) :D 8-) 8-)

Ramakrishna
11th March 2007, 11:02 PM
i read in a newspaper that Australian cricketer Brett Lee's favourite Indian song is muqabla from Kadhalan.

Guess_Me
11th March 2007, 11:19 PM
Following are NOT my words about Kadhalan. Some years back I accidentally stumbled upon dhwanii.com/rahmania, which had ARR album reviews from 1992 to 2002. What I liked about the reviews is that all reviews were in the perspective of a common man and not a critic. I immediately downloaded all those pages to add to my ARR collection. I must say I was lucky as this site is no more online.

"Kadhalan.... well! An absolutely contrasting opening for the songs, for me. I had an agreement with my Cassette shop owner that as soon as the cassette reaches his shop he shall call me and I should buy the first cassette. I was boarding a bus to go my native village. Suddenly a conductor from the next bus ran towards my bus conductor hands him a cassette and told " Maplai! Pudhu paatuya. Amarkalama irukkuthu". The driver loaded the cassette and "Urvasi" started. I was furious; my vendor has cheated me! The not-much heard Dilruba, UK, PJ cooled me. When I reached my destination, already "Muqqabla" had been played thrice (passenger request!). Late night I reached back Trichy, straightaway went to the vendor and told "nalla ematheetinga thalaiva! Kadhalan paatu vandhiruchu". He took me to the rear side of the shop (where he resides). His 5-year-old son was dancing to "Muqqabla". The man turned around and said "Nethu rathirleyiruthu ithey paatuthan oodikittu irukku. Eppathan puriyuthu en neenga evvalvu aarvama keteengannu" (Since yesterday night this has been going on. Only now do I understand that why you were so eagerly expecting it!)"

dinesh2002
12th March 2007, 07:54 AM
Following are NOT my words about Kadhalan. Some years back I accidentally stumbled upon dhwanii.com/rahmania, which had ARR album reviews from 1992 to 2002. What I liked about the reviews is that all reviews were in the perspective of a common man and not a critic. I immediately downloaded all those pages to add to my ARR collection. I must say I was lucky as this site is no more online.

"Kadhalan.... well! An absolutely contrasting opening for the songs, for me. I had an agreement with my Cassette shop owner that as soon as the cassette reaches his shop he shall call me and I should buy the first cassette. I was boarding a bus to go my native village. Suddenly a conductor from the next bus ran towards my bus conductor hands him a cassette and told " Maplai! Pudhu paatuya. Amarkalama irukkuthu". The driver loaded the cassette and "Urvasi" started. I was furious; my vendor has cheated me! The not-much heard Dilruba, UK, PJ cooled me. When I reached my destination, already "Muqqabla" had been played thrice (passenger request!). Late night I reached back Trichy, straightaway went to the vendor and told "nalla ematheetinga thalaiva! Kadhalan paatu vandhiruchu". He took me to the rear side of the shop (where he resides). His 5-year-old son was dancing to "Muqqabla". The man turned around and said "Nethu rathirleyiruthu ithey paatuthan oodikittu irukku. Eppathan puriyuthu en neenga evvalvu aarvama keteengannu" (Since yesterday night this has been going on. Only now do I understand that why you were so eagerly expecting it!)"

:clap: :clap:

this kinda things hasnt happened ever since...!!!sad.... its never even happened to any MD other than ARR & IR!!

Hulkster
12th March 2007, 12:19 PM
this kinda things hasnt happened ever since...!!!sad.... its never even happened to any MD other than ARR & IR!!

In hero intro style....intha TFMai marupadiyum aala yaaru varuvaano? :notworthy:

sloshed
12th March 2007, 10:01 PM
Kadhalan was album which put the tag of "King of commerical Cinema" on ARR . Even though personally I think its inferior to the incomparable Thiruda Thiruda , It was a Shankar's movie.. and he knew what he wanted and what ARR could deliver. And boy , deliver he did.. he made the entire TN dance..literally dance....
what ARR didnt expect was that the silently growing audience in the north (ever since they heard "chiku buku") professed their liking for Rehman out in the open. Countless "pop-icons" in the making started beliting out "Muqabla" as if it grew in the backyard.....

This album simply put rehman all over the map of india and when Rangeela stuck them, India wasnt suprised at the output.. People were only too happy to grab it with gleaming smiles..

my picks..
Ennavale , kadhalikum..Orrvasi ... forget it.. I think the like the entire album

Ramakrishna
15th March 2007, 07:05 PM
What about Karuthamma next?

MADDY
15th March 2007, 08:53 PM
What about Karuthamma next?

sure :D

rayan36
15th March 2007, 08:56 PM
let's get started with a full folk 8-)

Ramakrishna
15th March 2007, 10:21 PM
One of my most favourite albums of ARR. i liked all his scores for Village subjects. Poraale is the best and it is one of ARR's favourites too which he has openly said in some interviews. He has reused this tune for an hindi song too. Then, Kaadu potta kaadu is my next favourite in this album. He has made Bharathiraja sing this one.

zz
16th March 2007, 01:33 AM
I guess this is the song that struck me first. It was a techno rustic song with a totally unmatching(BR- that's the beauty), but authentic voice to start the movie, which is ultimately about the pains a girl child undergoes in her life.

I was having a big hope in this album since the last one ARR did for BR was Kizhakku Seemaiyile and lesser known Andimandharai. In between BR jumped to VS for pasimpon and I was very angry with BR. I was not sure how the songs would turn out to be but with "Then merku" song it all seemed to be a ultra mordern album...
But wait that is ARR, if I dislike an albul at first I had come to know by then that I will love that for ever till my death. It is no different for Karuthamma also.

This film has one of the ARR top 10 best Tunes, that is "Porale". The BGM for this film was also mind blowing and you need to see it to feel it. BR had made a real authentic story with more emphasis to the message than to any comercial aspect of the film. Karuthamma is one of the land mark film for Tamil movies and also for ARR's music.

kb
16th March 2007, 01:45 AM
i like then merku paruva kaatru more than poraale ponnu thaai :D :D

oru feel apidiya bloodflow will accelerated.. with the BG beat..

thenkaadhi chilli chedi sattendru mottu vida.. a pretty gud song..

the intermediate fast and slow beats

Wibha
16th March 2007, 04:50 AM
cool album :D

then merku- i love dis song............. da lyrics and da tune :redjump:

poraalea- da sad version i always cry :roll:

patchai kili cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeee song............

da oder 2 i just like dem.......

rayan36
22nd March 2007, 08:15 PM
I'm takin a break from Sivaji ( for today) and going down memory lane

Thenmerku Paruva Katru - Rahmanji has given few couple of rain songs but at my list this is the best of them all. The beats are still fresh & electronically rainy like & not to forget the drizzle part . Unni has changed his voice to give a chill in the song. Chill out song. Can't say this is a folk song eventhough the lyrics do.

Poralay - the BGM for this song is definitely awesome, with it's orchestra, flute & it's chorus that we never get bored of. The lyrics is like a dialogue that really blends well into Rahmanji's tune. I like the interludes with all the classical instruments used (as far as I know of); flute, tabla, vennai...etc. for whom that don't know, Chanda Suraj (vande Mataram) tune is from this song :wink:

Kadhu Podha Kadhu - wow :shock: he made BR sing & it turned out pretty well, even BR's voice is folky :D . The lyrics is excellent :thumbsup: , resembles the village. M'sia Vasudevan has done his part well. the interludes/ bgm is really haunting. My second pick of the album.

Pachai Kili - what can I say 'bout this song, it's kinda funny listening to animal sounds from start to finish, a different kind & rare song in ARR's list. There won't ever will be a song this in his keyboard (I think :roll: ), but I like (the late) Shahul's part in the song.

Poralay (solo) - the bgm is clearly from Uyire uyire (Bobay). Actually this one came first. Rahman let Swarnalatha do the talking in this one. Except for the BGM, only the flute is used in the interludes.

In the whole album, Rahmanji really gave a top priority to the lyrics & it was nicely blended into the tunes & instruments.

Ramakrishna
27th March 2007, 11:57 PM
next?

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2007, 12:08 AM
I'm takin a break from Sivaji ( for today) and going down memory lane

Thenmerku Paruva Katru - Rahmanji has given few couple of rain songs but at my list this is the best of them all. The beats are still fresh & electronically rainy like & not to forget the drizzle part . Unni has changed his voice to give a chill in the song. Chill out song. Can't say this is a folk song eventhough the lyrics do.

Awesome song! :musicsmile:

Ramakrishna
28th March 2007, 12:22 AM
Since Sivaji release is around the corner, i thot it wud be apt to bring in another Rajini starrer. 8-)

My favourite in this is undoubtedly Oruvan Oruvan. Kuluvaalile is also my favourite.

Wibha
28th March 2007, 04:02 AM
my favorite muthu song is kuluvaalilea :clap:

oruvan-awesome lyrics

vidu katheya :clap: best song in muthu

da odres r gud to listen to :thumbsup:

littlemaster1982
28th March 2007, 12:06 PM
Thillana Thillana - Mridhangam in second interlude :omg: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :victory:

ajaybaskar
28th March 2007, 12:59 PM
Kuluvalile is my fav. Vidugathaiya follows...

Nakeeran
28th March 2007, 03:13 PM
The prelude to Oruvan mudhalali was so popular that Sun TV used it regularly for Kungumam issue ads :D

Sanjeevi
28th March 2007, 05:06 PM
Songs were huge successful and they advertised like "First RK+ARR combination" :cool:

BTW one belated write-up

Pacha killi of Karuthamma is one of worst songs of ARR. I can list the worst songs of ARR and Eachambalam, a pavithra song will place top position

MADDY
28th March 2007, 07:33 PM
Muthu - first super league album of Rahman 8-)

When Muthu audio was about to be released, we were so excited to see what will be the outcome........cos on one side, we had Rajinkanth and his fans, who have a great ear for conventional songs/ formula songs......and on the other side, we have ARRahman who was hell bent of breaking norms and formulas.......so to be frank we were really scared about the outcome........ :D .....but wat came out was Muthu and rest is history.....

Interesting incidents :

1. When i went to devi paradise for watching this movie, there were a group of college fans taking "arrathhi" for rajini poster........me, a small boy, went directly to them and told - appadiye ARRahmanukkum oru arrathhi yedungalaen.......2-3 guys in the group were like :evil: , move out before we break ur neck..... :shaking: ....then one guy told, dei machaan chinna payyan aasa paduraan, yaen keduppane and they gave the arrathhi plate to me and i took arrathhi for ARR's photo there :rotfl: .....it was one of the best moments of my life.....

2. when the audio released, i was on a school picnic to mahabalipuram............i had 100 rs with me for the entire 1 day trip........me and my frnds had "kothhu barotta" from the nearby shop and i paid for all those idiots, which left me with 40rs........then i saw muthu released poster in the cassette shop , but found out the cassette was 45rs........i couldnt buy the cassette and i was so upset that i couldnt buy it that day........i didnt talk to that group of frnds for the entire return journey.... :rotfl: .........(didnt even have the patience to ask for 5 rs loan from someone :oops: )

Listen it here - http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000106.html

songs listing in my order of preference:

Kuluvalile: wats Udit narayan doing in a rajini movie song??? that was my initial reaction.......but didnt his voice fit thalaivar??? :D wow.....i thot he was a natural rajini playbacker 8-) ........his voice was the biggest asset in the song.......just listen to the pallavi that comes after 1st charanam - "love love yea yea aaee"....amazing..... sorry guys, we havent seen a talent of this caliber since SPB and yesudas :oops: ......and the malayalam-pop fusion just elevates this song.....one of the classiest Rajini duets (except for katchi, thittam - political lyrics :banghead:)

Oruvan Oruvan: it mite not be the best rajini intro song ever but the most grand of starts.....this prelude even beats "rakkamma kayya thattu" prelude hands down....the arrangement was so majestic that it left ppl.'s mouths open....... :D ...........then the song somewhat slows down in pace and rythm but the feel of a rajini song with momentum was still there/......

Kokku saiva kokku: a very underrated song which was a sound engineering marvel with all hen,peacock,parrots,sparrows sounds in it :lol: ........the base beats accompanied with jaalra "cling" came in countless songs thereafter........a trend setter 8-)

Thillana : YO! this is called "rythm" dude.......the song had amazing rythm pattern, zig zagging ur senses on a roller coaster ride.......the jungle beats were so catchy and it just stays throughout the song.......it was later copied exactly in bollywood called "dewaana deewana" wth ajay devgan....... :lol:

Muthu was a very crucial album for ARR in the sense, a normal-talented, weak hearted youngster wud have been crushed under the mass of rajini and his fans.....but heres ARR, the man whose music is gonna stay for 1000 yrs, took it effortlessly and gave a real unique Rajini album and thaliavar also okaying such a different sound to his album...... :clap:

still many rajini fans dont like muthu as they feel it was pretty westernised and Rahmanish than thalaivar;s album :oops: .....i think ARR failed to satisfy rajini fans here but more than made it up in padayappa

but he more than satisfied this Japanese Rajinikanth fan: :D

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0140399/#comment :clap:

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2007, 10:32 PM
Awesome pick! My favorite Rajini - ARR album... :clap:

* I like the titles themselves, the BGM played when they show all those characters in cartoon-paintings!

* Best intro song ever for Rajini!

* My favorite is Kokku Saiva Kokku... There'll be an interlude that completely mesmerizes me!

* Kuluvalile, very different for Rajini and soooo classy in those beats!

* Vidukathayae, absolute pathos song that blended sooo well with the script, and brought tears to the audience as the scene moved!

* Thillana Thillana, song of the masses at that time... Superhit!

* Overall, it was puzzling for a lot of ppl when ARR was signed for the movie, but then he showed his amazing style of music to convert what would have been a normal masala-family kinda village story into a classy one with an absolute western flavor! The BGM for all the stunt sequences were amazing! It is still soooooooo fresh in my mind, how many times me and my friends used to listen to this album every day!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

m_23_bayarea
28th March 2007, 10:34 PM

still many rajini fans dont like muthu as they feel it was pretty westernised and Rahmanish than thalaivar;s album :oops: .....i think ARR failed to satisfy rajini fans here but more than made it up in padayappa

Again, Rajini fans are all not alike, but have diff tastes and favorites when it comes to music... So I dont think stereotyping all Rajini fans as liking or disliking an album is a good idea! :D

Wibha
29th March 2007, 07:18 AM
MADDY :lol:

maddy ur avatar is :thumbsup:

Sanguine Sridhar
29th March 2007, 09:24 AM
Good Pick :thumbsup:

This is the order for me:

*Kuluvalile

*Vidaugadhaya

*Thillana Thillana

* Oruvan Oruvan

* Kokku Saiva Kokku..

I hate the song Kokku Saiva ... Apart from that a very good album!

Kuluvalile superb beats 8-) (Remember this movie was released around 12 years back)

Thilana Thilana also...

A different Rajini album...

MADDY
29th March 2007, 09:45 AM
Again, Rajini fans are all not alike, but have diff tastes and favorites when it comes to music... So I dont think stereotyping all Rajini fans as liking or disliking an album is a good idea! :D

did i say "all"......i said "many" :D

bay, FYI , me too a thalaivar fan........its just that his fans (many not all :lol: ) couldnt understand his penchant for unique sounds..... :oops:

btw, did u read that IMDB comment??? she credits music as the main reason for liking the movie.... :clap:

ajaybaskar
29th March 2007, 12:31 PM

When Muthu audio was about to be released, we were so excited to see what will be the outcome........cos on one side, we had Rajinkanth and his fans, who have a great ear for conventional songs/ formula songs......and on the other side, we have ARRahman who was hell bent of breaking norms and formulas.......so to be frank we were really scared about the outcome........ :D .....but wat came out was Muthu and rest is history.....

Interesting incidents :

1. When i went to devi paradise for watching this movie, there were a group of college fans taking "arrathhi" for rajini poster........me, a small boy, went directly to them and told - appadiye ARRahmanukkum oru arrathhi yedungalaen.......2-3 guys in the group were like :evil: , move out before we break ur neck..... :shaking: ....then one guy told, dei machaan chinna payyan aasa paduraan, yaen keduppane and they gave the arrathhi plate to me and i took arrathhi for ARR's photo there :rotfl: .....it was one of the best moments of my life.....

2. when the audio released, i was on a school picnic to mahabalipuram............i had 100 rs with me for the entire 1 day trip........me and my frnds had "kothhu barotta" from the nearby shop and i paid for all those idiots, which left me with 40rs........then i saw muthu released poster in the cassette shop , but found out the cassette was 45rs........i couldnt buy the cassette and i was so upset that i couldnt buy it that day........i didnt talk to that group of frnds for the entire return journey.... :rotfl: .........(didnt even have the patience to ask for 5 rs loan from someone :oops: )

Listen it here - http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000106.html

songs listing in my order of preference:

Kuluvalile: wats Udit narayan doing in a rajini movie song??? that was my initial reaction.......but didnt his voice fit thalaivar??? :D wow.....i thot he was a natural rajini playbacker 8-) ........his voice was the biggest asset in the song.......just listen to the pallavi that comes after 1st charanam - "love love yea yea aaee"....amazing..... sorry guys, we havent seen a talent of this caliber since SPB and yesudas :oops: ......and the malayalam-pop fusion just elevates this song.....one of the classiest Rajini duets (except for katchi, thittam - political lyrics :banghead:)

Oruvan Oruvan: it mite not be the best rajini intro song ever but the most grand of starts.....this prelude even beats "rakkamma kayya thattu" prelude hands down....the arrangement was so majestic that it left ppl.'s mouths open....... :D ...........then the song somewhat slows down in pace and rythm but the feel of a rajini song with momentum was still there/......

Kokku saiva kokku: a very underrated song which was a sound engineering marvel with all hen,peacock,parrots,sparrows sounds in it :lol: ........the base beats accompanied with jaalra "cling" came in countless songs thereafter........a trend setter 8-)

Thillana : YO! this is called "rythm" dude.......the song had amazing rythm pattern, zig zagging ur senses on a roller coaster ride.......the jungle beats were so catchy and it just stays throughout the song.......it was later copied exactly in bollywood called "dewaana deewana" wth ajay devgan....... :lol:

Muthu was a very crucial album for ARR in the sense, a normal-talented, weak hearted youngster wud have been crushed under the mass of rajini and his fans.....but heres ARR, the man whose music is gonna stay for 1000 yrs, took it effortlessly and gave a real unique Rajini album and thaliavar also okaying such a different sound to his album...... :clap:

but he more than satisfied this Japanese Rajinikanth fan: :D

Gr8 post,maddy....

I was studying 9th std at Nagercoil when the audio got released. I had booked my cassette 3 days b4 the release date. I remember going to the same shop umpteen times to check whether the cassettes had come. finally i got my copy at 5 in the evening.. Still Muthu is one of my fav Rajni albums..

m_23_bayarea
29th March 2007, 06:34 PM
did i say "all"......i said "many" :D

bay, FYI , me too a thalaivar fan........its just that his fans (many not all :lol: ) couldnt understand his penchant for unique sounds..... :oops:

btw, did u read that IMDB comment??? she credits music as the main reason for liking the movie.... :clap:

No problem! :P

Yes, I did read that comment! And it really makes sense... The music played a BIG part in the movie's success! The album was a craze in 1995 - 96! :thumbsup:

Nerd
29th March 2007, 10:57 PM
Superb album and great pick, RK :P

Still remember watching the movie, FDNS at trichy, ramba. I dont have to say the reception Rajini got when his name showed up on the title. The surprising factor was ARR getting a huge applause when isai - isaippuyal A.R. Rahman flashed on the screen and the opening song oruvan oruvan is very loud but I could hardly hear anything. People were dancing and doing all kinds of things and once the song ended shouts of once more were heard from almost everyone. An excellent opening song :thumbsup:

Other favorite songs in the order of my preference:

1. vidukathayA -- Very emotional song and hits your heart. Superb acting by thalaivar as well :P

2. kokku saiva kokku -- Innovation at its best. The sounds used in this songs are so awesome that you can't say which instruments he used. Very catchy tune as well.

3. thillAna thillAna -- no need to say more. Was a runaway hit :P but I was not very impressed with the picturization :(

4. kuluvaalilE -- Horrible diction and again superb beats :thumbsup:

The BGM is also worth mentioning here, though not as good as padayappa, it fitted the movie really well 8-)

Ramakrishna
29th March 2007, 11:28 PM
There is a BGM sequence in Muthu which comes during the fight scenes. It goes something like "oh ooh oh ooh". I really love this piece.

Ramakrishna
9th April 2007, 08:59 PM
next?

Ramakrishna
9th April 2007, 09:14 PM
First album of the mighty successful ARR-Shankar combo. 8-)

rayan36
9th April 2007, 09:36 PM
First album of the mighty successful ARR-Shankar combo. 8-)

you read my mind :ty:

Sanjeevi
9th April 2007, 10:14 PM
Rup swana satha hai was biggest hit in Hindi

Gentleman was super duper hit audio album in Tamil

m_23_bayarea
9th April 2007, 11:46 PM
One of the best ARR albums... His 2nd movie I think (after ROJA)! All songs are top notch... It's after GENTLEMAN that became a huge BO success, that ppl started to realize that a new star is born and it was not just luck (that ROJA album became a sensation), but real talent that's there to stay and rule... And then ARR became a real-sensation and started revolutionizing Tamil movie music... That kinda revolution has not happened after that yet I think!

:clap:

kb
10th April 2007, 01:01 AM
i somehow like.. usulampatti penkutti more than anyother song in this movie.. gud voice and beats pakka folk..

ottakatha kattiko,paakathey paakathey,chikki bukki raile comes next

en veetil thotathil is also very gud :oops: ella paatu nalla irrukum :D

m_23_bayarea
10th April 2007, 01:16 AM
Otakatha Kattiko is my favorite! Especially the starting tunes that will lead to some awesome beats!

Like KB said, I kinda liked all the songs... The first time when Chikku Bukku Rayilae was shown in Oliyum Oliyum, I was hearing comments like, "Ithu enna thamizh paataaa" and all that! :lol:

thineshan54321
10th April 2007, 01:22 AM
Gentleman album brings me so many memories. I think i was just 3 when the album released. I remember I first heard en veetu thotathil at a marriage. I really loved the song when i first heard it. Amazing album. My cousin who was 16 or 17 then was recording gentleman songs when i went to his house. While recording cassettes, as u all know, the songs play really fast sounding like chipmunks. I was so frustrated i started screaming so he would play the songs normally. When I was young, I always won using my weapon of mass destruction -- screaming and crying -- and so he stopped the recording and played the songs normally. :lol: A very nice album :D

Dragun
10th April 2007, 01:34 AM
I remember I visited India when the Gentleman songs were all the rage. I never heard a hip number in Tamil like Chikku Buku Raile until then. The other songs were terrific as well. Shahul Hameed singing Usilambatti, the amazing thavil beats in Ottagatha Kattiko, the beautiful violin piece in Paarkathey, the beautiful melody of En Veetu Thottathil. All wonderful.

LOL Thineshan, you've brought back my own memories of high speed dubbing!

coucou
11th April 2007, 04:07 PM
This album is one of the best of combo arr-shankar, from arr, all kind of music is present!!!

En veetu thottathil, beautiful melody...simple beats...nice tune...overall amazing lyrics...good voices, sujatha, she's a new comer at this time suprises me, nothing to say about genius spb :notworthy: :D everything is great in this song 8-) :) :D :thumbsup:

Chikku bukku very stylish song, i have liked even today the second interlude, mix of western and nathaswaram beautiful done by arr, I imagine reactions of people of this time when they listen to this song!!. It's my pick of this album. This one distinguish arr-shankar combo from others: peppy beats, new technologie... :thumbsup: :redjump:

Ottakathai kattiko my second favorite, a good starting, i never liked before this song janaki but after this song my opinion changed, :oops: traditionl instrument, it has flavor of illayaraja :roll: , at first listenning, i thought it's from ilayaraja...fanny lyrics :P

Usalam petti,folk song, few instruments compared to previous tracks, my favorite singer swarnalatha simply rocked in this song!!! but the picturation spoiled this song, it's o the worst picturasation made by Shankar!! :x ...and a new comer shakul hameed a different voice make alive this song, ...it's very sad that he was died :( :cry2: :cry:

These 4 songs attract me at first listening but the other one grow me after few listennings because it is quite different from other tamil songs!!!!

Melody, peppy number, a traditional track, a jazz number,a folk number... This is an entire album!!!... this is what needs shankar to sucess his first movie!!! 8-) :roll: :D

Nakeeran
11th April 2007, 04:43 PM
En veetu thotathil - Class stuff

Chikku bukku rayile - Made everyone madddd. Talk of the town. Set a new trend to tamil music. ARR is a real trend setter.

rayan36
15th April 2007, 07:08 PM
FYI - apart from the 5 songs, there's instrumental tracks for all of the songs released in the cd in '94. AFAIK, no other tamil album released this way

Instruments that replaced singers

Yen Vedhu Thodhatil - flute

Odhagatha Kadhiko - sounded like sax / harmony box

Ussalampedhi - keyboard

Chikkubukku Railay - keyboard

Pakathey - keyboard

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2007, 05:39 AM
What happened to this thread? :shock: There are many more songs of ARR to be explored yet.

How about Kaadhal Desam as the Album of the week?

ajaybaskar
22nd April 2007, 12:14 PM
Rangeelava marandhuraadheengappa..

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2007, 06:29 PM
Ajay,

Rangeela-vaithan already discuss panniyache? :confused2:

ajaybaskar
22nd April 2007, 09:45 PM
Panneetteengala? Adappaavamae... I missed it...

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2007, 09:51 PM
So how about Kaadhal Desam?

littlemaster1982
22nd April 2007, 09:59 PM
Woww. Thread title change pannittanga.

I still remember the review of the film in Anandha Vikatan. They mentioned abt the music as follows.

"Paadalgal nammai engengo kondu selgirana. KuRippaga 'Musthafa'. AR Rahman-in kuralukku iTHanai vaseegarama".

without the songs the movie is nothing. Great album.

Wibha
22nd April 2007, 10:01 PM
coolest album.............. :victory: can never stop listening to these songs

ajaybaskar
23rd April 2007, 01:32 PM
Woww. Thread title change pannittanga.

I still remember the review of the film in Anandha Vikatan. They mentioned abt the music as follows.

"Paadalgal nammai engengo kondu selgirana. KuRippaga 'Musthafa'. AR Rahman-in kuralukku iTHanai vaseegarama".

without the songs the movie is nothing. Great album.

The film ran for 40 odd days only coz of ARR..

dinesh2002
23rd April 2007, 02:12 PM
Oh Vennila, Thendrale , Ennai Kaanavillaiye = top class melodies

Hello Doctor, Kalluri Saalai = gosh, listenin to them today and was wondering how could Rahman be so waaaaaayyy ahead of his times... its like as if they were composed yesterday!

Mustafa = What a number!!! the feeling that was stitched throughout the song is just amazing... !!

A.ANAND
23rd April 2007, 04:45 PM
Oh Vennila, Thendrale , Ennai Kaanavillaiye = top class melodies

Hello Doctor, Kalluri Saalai = gosh, listenin to them today and was wondering how could Rahman be so waaaaaayyy ahead of his times... its like as if they were composed yesterday!

Mustafa = What a number!!! the feeling that was stitched throughout the song is just amazing... !!200% true dinesh!!!kalluri salai,hello doctor songs ellam ippa ketta kuda innamum fresh'ah irukkum.avalo futuristic'ka arr tavira vera yaralum panna mudiyathu :2thumbsup: innum20 varusam piragu kettalum appa kuda puthusa irukkum intha songs :clap: :clap:

MADDY
24th April 2007, 07:50 PM
Kadhal Desam -> one of the biggest achievements of ARR - this movie ran for 125 days at DeviParadise :shock: :rotfl: .....jokes aside, this was the pinnacle of Kadhir-ARR combo......bash of youth...... :cool: .........mustafa,hello doctor,kalluri saalai,ennai kaanavillai, oh vennilla, thendrale.......show me a more youthful college-centric album with a wider variety than this and i quit......:clap:

Interesting incidents : none as i was in a crucial year in my academic career......couldnt even watch the movie in theater... :cry: ....but after seeing it on TV, i dont regret that at all...... :rotfl: ......yes, me and my frnd copied vineeth's hair style and mantained that for 6 months :oops:

Listen it here ->
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.4707/

Songs in order of my preference

Oh vennilla - foreplay of music and lyrics....however lyrics stays on top :oops: (sorry kids).......the pain of a heart at the intersection of love and frndship was beautifully bought out by Valee.......this is my most fav "love" song of ARR.......the song runs at its own pace and the mild violins in the interludes melts.........paragraph tunes are very beautiful and the interest in the song just doesent go off throughout the song......truly a musical orgasm from ARR and Valee..... :clap:

ennai kanavillaye - who says melodies are meant to have no beats......i think this is one of the best melodies of TFM....again the lyrics are of top notch and rendition - :omg: SPB and OS.Arun just sizzle in this......ARR's penchant for new voices shows up here as well with OS.Arun's intro........also, picturised in the most beautiful city in the world - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJ6fM6gpVok :cool:

kalluri saalai - this song surprised even ARR fans when it came out first.....starts with a WCM feel, moves to a rock-n-roll feel, later travels to rap mode, chugs into a bhajan-song mode and finally finishes with a excellent guitar riff......this song had the youth in a roll those days........picturisation was also very good for this song.......a truly different yet remarkable song......ARR at innovative best.....

mustafa - well, this song is another muqabla,chayya chayya - means it was a hit in the entire country not just TN.....:cool:......starts with a very unique guitar piece(unique for a tamil song atleast), then carries a excellent rythm throughout the song.......ARR again sings in this song......cant remember a movie other than this where ARR has sung 3 songs :shock: ........lyrics again, touching the innermost channels of the heart........:clap:

hello doctor - this song was my most fav when the album released initially.......this song was a bit ahead of its time, in terms of its feel........U1 gave a similar song in Kadhal Kondein - 18 vayadhil........so, it was easily 6-7 years ahead of its time..........good beats and the second interlude where ARR's keyboard just plays magic..........

Thendrale - a ghazal in tamil film......yes thats wat this song is.....some people call it painfully slow.......dont believe them, listen to it on ur IPOD just before u sleep......it will be like a "thaalattu"......very beautiful lyrics again........i think this album was a culmination of ARR's music and valee's lyrics....:clap: .........malarin kaadhal panikku theriyum, yaen manadhin kaadhal theriyuma......:cool: .....song was criticised a lot but mano has this song in his favorites list.....

all in all, a great album extracted from a great musician by a under-rated director.....:clap: .....it was the explosion of youth, association of music and lyrics, manifestation of fusion music, and dedication of ARR to his fans.....:clap:

rajeshkrv
25th April 2007, 12:25 AM
kadhal desam - wonderful album from ARR
he should give such albums now ..

Vaali at his best in all the songs

particularly enai kaanavillaye netrodu , thendrale, o vennila

Enai kaana villaye netrodu --
" Meiyaaga nee ennai virumbadha podhum poi ondru sol kanne en jeevan vaazhum"

wow!!

kb
25th April 2007, 06:15 AM
my fav..

o vennila and thendrale to start with this album.. will sing along.. each and every word :D :D
ethai keta pothum tharakoodumey uyir kooda unkaai vida koodumey
thariginra porulaaga kaadhal illai thanthaaley kadhal kadhal illa :) :)

solla vaarthai kodi thaan unai neril kandaaal mounam yen..
thoonga vaika paadinaen naan thookamindri vaadinaen :( :( :(

then, enai kaanavillaiye netrodu.. this is awesome but had some enigma effect.. i like to hear this once a month.. no as frequent as first two..

fast numbers are pepy.. kalloori saaalai is full of energy.. but i like the starting like ithayathai karuvaakinal pen.. bit too..

in college we used to make a mix.. ithaiyathai karuvaanikaal pen.. etc etc and suddenly.. poi solla intha manasuku theriya villa sonnal poi poi thaaney.. :lol: :lol:

ajaybaskar
25th April 2007, 11:59 AM
One of the all time best of Thalaivar. A cocktail.. It has beaufiful melodies, rocking dance numbers and a wonderful song on friendship to top up with...

muzammil_fr
25th April 2007, 11:26 PM
What Happend the singer Aslam Mustafa, He was good Rap singer, who sing in KAllori Saalai and SambaSamba, after his own albem Mittai Murasu, i don't see him anywhere.

Kumar2020
26th April 2007, 12:43 PM
What Happend the singer Aslam Mustafa, He was good Rap singer, who sing in KAllori Saalai and SambaSamba, after his own albem Mittai Murasu, i don't see him anywhere.
if im not mistaken here muhamad aslam who sang maricham in jok is the same aslam mustafa of the late 90's

MADDY
26th April 2007, 06:40 PM
if im not mistaken here muhamad aslam who sang maricham in jok is the same aslam mustafa of the late 90's

no, the voices are completely different and tamil too.....aslam mustafa was "chota" udit :lol2: whereas the guy in maaricham had a better tamil......

MADDY
26th April 2007, 06:40 PM

no, the voices are completely different and tamil too.....aslam mustafa was "chota" udit :lol2: whereas the guy in maaricham had a better tamil......

MADDY
26th April 2007, 06:41 PM

Ramakrishna
30th April 2007, 11:31 PM
A.R.RAHMAN THE GREAT

Today I was watching one old SPB live program on Vijay TV. After singing many songs, he came to sing the song "Thoda Thoda Malaranthena" from the movie INDIRA...

After the song got over, he said one interesting thing about the song praising Rahman's genuisness in tat song..

He said tat the instrument tat comes in the song(1.13 minute) is not flute but Rahman himself whistled tat tune(he whistles tat sound).. I was totally surprised...I have never thought it to be a human made sound...Now I am hearing tat song again and again...

Then he praised Rahman lot and prayed tat Rahman shud get an Oscar award for those 3 songs and get an award scoring for a Hollywood movie...

Friends...Please hear tat song again in tat 1.13 minute...

This tidbit made me bring this album :2thumbsup:

music man
3rd May 2007, 06:54 PM
music man wrote:
A.R.RAHMAN THE GREAT

Today I was watching one old SPB live program on Vijay TV. After singing many songs, he came to sing the song "Thoda Thoda Malaranthena" from the movie INDIRA...

After the song got over, he said one interesting thing about the song praising Rahman's genuisness in tat song..

He said tat the instrument tat comes in the song(1.13 minute) is not flute but Rahman himself whistled tat tune(he whistles tat sound).. I was totally surprised...I have never thought it to be a human made sound...Now I am hearing tat song again and again...

Then he praised Rahman lot and prayed tat Rahman shud get an Oscar award for those 3 songs and get an award scoring for a Hollywood movie...

Friends...Please hear tat song again in tat 1.13 minute...

This tidbit made me bring this album

Wow....Superb...One of my favorite albums

:redjump: :cool2: :2thumbsup: :clap:

ajaybaskar
4th May 2007, 06:42 PM
My all time favourite is from this album- Nila Kaigiradhu...

rsubras
6th May 2007, 10:05 PM
Indhra.......... chanceh illatha oru album...... it is semma sweet and one of those rare ARR albums that impressed in the first hearing itself...... Ippo kooda indhra songs ketta antha nostalgic feeling varuthu .............

Wibha
7th May 2007, 04:31 AM
nila kaigiradhu- always makes me relax and forget everything.....

odakaran maarimuthu- :lol: suerb song

thoda thoda- nice melody but not my favorite :D

acham illai :clap:

thineshan54321
7th May 2007, 07:03 AM
Hey I too watched that SPB program. I was surprised too. Amazing talent. I love this album.

music man
10th May 2007, 06:29 AM
1)Acham Acham illai-->Superb song..Has a good patriotic element in it, even today in days of national importance, our TV channels beam this song.

2)Nila Kaigiradhu-->Both the variations are good...It was Harini's first song and the rest is history..Hariharan's version is my pick, superb semi classical melody..Beautiful guitars and flute with light percussions.
Even today in all the music talent hunt programs, kids as well as seniors sing this song to show case their prowess(Is it Kaapi raag??)

3)Thoda Thoda--> Heavenly melody..One of the favourites of the legendary SPB. Nowadays more people sing this song on stage. Once SPB said in Vijay TV,"Ennaku Rahman mela romba kovam,enna intha madhiri arumayana melodykala avar ippo kodukka mattengiraru"....This appreciation is enough for this song..

4)Oda Kaara-->Highly under rated song..But a huge hit..Simple and effective percussions..Good bass guitar..Excellent singing..Note the piano entry when the hero enquires about his girl-" Matha katha ennakethuku yen kuruvi eppadi irrukku"....Wow..Rahman u rock...

Most or all ARR fans will want an another Indira..This is one of my favorite albums..

Dragun
10th May 2007, 12:40 PM
Where is the CD of Indira available? I can't find it online anywhere. Last year I asked someone visiting India to get it and they couldn't find it. I believe Lahari released the audio.

Ramakrishna
16th May 2007, 12:04 AM
KKS - One of my favourite albums and one of the most underrated ARR albums.

lancelot
16th May 2007, 09:07 AM
KKS - One of my favourite albums and one of the most underrated ARR albums.

underated - YES!!
what an amazing album.... En Uyir Thozhi is a song to die for.... simply scintillating stuff....

hehe

dinesh2002
16th May 2007, 07:21 PM
Theekuruvi is a type of song that comes once in 10 years.....!!! :clap: ...such classy song....too good.... i was hoping KKS to win ARR best MD for National Award 2004 .... but it didint....!! :( the album is that perfect!!!!

ajaybaskar
17th May 2007, 04:29 PM
The album which can be rated among the top 5 of all ARR albums..KKS..A masterpiece. Wat more can an ARR fan ask for?

littlemaster1982
18th May 2007, 07:08 PM
The alaap in the beginning of Anarkali song. Stuff of a legend. ARR :notworthy:

rayan36
18th May 2007, 09:34 PM
Anarkali will always will be my top ten ARR songs

coucou
18th May 2007, 09:46 PM
azha tamizhamma is one the best dance songs from arr, I listen it even today, more than songs i like bgm of the movie, very amazing it's long time than i ve heard such stuff from arr :( !!!!

but what a crap movie :angry2: :argh: :banghead:

villan007
18th May 2007, 09:48 PM
Anarkali will always will be my top ten ARR songs

yea.. beautiful song...and enuyir thozhiye... heavenly compositon :notworthy:

Wibha
19th May 2007, 05:36 AM
i've never had da patience to listen to anarkali :oops2:

my favorites are aaha tamizhan and azhagiya cindrella :redjump:

thamizhvaanan
19th May 2007, 08:35 AM
The album which can be rated among the top 5 of all ARR albums..KKS..A masterpiece. Wat more can an ARR fan ask for?True :thumbsup: Scintillating songs, some unlike anything he has done before. Its a pity that the album didn fare well enough. The album is like a slap on the face for those who said, Rahman lost his class post 2000 :thumbsup:

Hulkster
19th May 2007, 08:42 AM
I think the class they meant should be box office..if they meant his musicmaking quality it is simple isnt it....after gaining a foothold he has started becoming more and more musically knowledgeable and has come up with experimental numbers..and most of them have sure had egg on their faces :D

ajaybaskar
19th May 2007, 11:52 AM
The album which can be rated among the top 5 of all ARR albums..KKS..A masterpiece. Wat more can an ARR fan ask for?True :thumbsup: Scintillating songs, some unlike anything he has done before. Its a pity that the album didn fare well enough. The album is like a slap on the face for those who said, Rahman lost his class post 2000 :thumbsup:

Yes, Vaanan. Especially the knowledge that ARR possesses on Classical music is amazing. In spite of being a Muslim,he often gives amazing classical numbers. Thats the genius of ARR..

MADDY
19th May 2007, 12:34 PM

Yes, Vaanan. Especially the knowledge that ARR possesses on Classical music is amazing. In spite of being a Muslim,he often gives amazing classical numbers. Thats the genius of ARR..

and also, being a south indian - his command over north indian folk and hindustani types is amazing....anarkali is a amazing fusion involving hindustani aalaps.... :D

rayan36
19th May 2007, 06:21 PM
Nowday MD's use very less of fusion like our master do, KKS is a very good example of this. Eventhough it was underated when it was released, it will be remembered years to come

thamizhvaanan
19th May 2007, 09:53 PM
I was just going thro ARR's album during the period 2003-2004.... Wow!!! So many albums that just screams CLASS came out during this period.

KKS
Swades
Bose
Meenaxi
Boys
AE
Kisna

:clap:

A.ANAND
21st May 2007, 04:39 PM
my fav.en uyir thozhi woooooooow!!!kanna moodi appdiye thiayanam pannara feeling intha song :musicsmile: :omg: beatifull melody..saranam-la vara natha piono bit ahaaa..sollavarthai illa!!!!yaarvathu meditatin panna nenacha,intha song play panni seyyalam :D

Ramakrishna
21st May 2007, 04:56 PM
my fav.en uyir thozhi woooooooow!!!kanna moodi appdiye thiayanam pannara feeling intha song :musicsmile: :omg: beatifull melody..saranam-la vara natha piono bit ahaaa..sollavarthai illa!!!!yaarvathu meditatin panna nenacha,intha song play panni seyyalam :D

:exactly:

rayan36
21st May 2007, 06:32 PM

:yes:

Nerd
21st May 2007, 09:20 PM
One of my most favorite ARR albums.

Theekkuruviyaai is my favorite. Heavenly composition especially the last few seconds when harini takes the highest pitch. Wow :clap:

ennuyir thOzhiyE is my second favorite. Superb lyrics coupled with excellent orchestration.

anaarkaLi is a great song as well. anaaaaarkaLi anarakaLi, that was something :)

A.ANAND
22nd May 2007, 02:44 PM
Nowday MD's use very less of fusion like our master do, KKS is a very good example of this-rayan

supera sonninga sare!!! :thumbsup: ippa irukira md ellam seekiram popular aganum innu peerasa padaranngale oliya, nalla orchestration and composatiton panna,ippa arr mathiri yaaru irukka?ellarum 'shotcut'-la entha valiya iruthalum seekiram famous agidanum konjam kuda manasachiye :notthatway:

zz
22nd May 2007, 05:41 PM
I must tell about the first interlued for En uyir thozhi (probabaly the best of top 10 ARR composition)

The piano plays, then comes Chinmayee's humming, again the piano plays and in due course the humming and piano synchonizes so well that its the perfect fusion...and suddently with a big stoke Chinmayee takes off with full power as "otrai jadaiyil unnai" line..
Guys, listen to this piece, its a short piece only but if you can understand music this one interlued is enough to read who ARR is entirely...GENIUS

rayan36
22nd May 2007, 09:15 PM
I must tell about the first interlued for En uyir thozhi (probabaly the best of top 10 ARR composition)

The piano plays, then comes Chinmayee's humming, again the piano plays and in due course the humming and piano synchonizes so well that its the perfect fusion...and suddently with a big stoke Chinmayee takes off with full power as "otrai jadaiyil unnai" line..
Guys, listen to this piece, its a short piece only but if you can understand music this one interlued is enough to read who ARR is entirely...GENIUS

Just reading this makes my hair rise, nenjathai killuthu :musicsmile: :clap: :thumbsup:

MADDY
23rd May 2007, 06:26 AM
Kangalal Kaidhu Sei - Tears of blood

yes, tears trickle down my cheeks, the red ones - when i listen to this album and its songs..........fate was cruel on Allah-Rakha-Rahman and his fans, who could sell 200 million copies in 10 yrs but could not sell a few thousand copies for this mastrerpiece work.......thank god that ARR didnt have a weak heart cos it wud have blown into pieces with the verdict that people gave to this timeless piece of art...i mourn it as a personal tragedy whenever i listen to it........"kanneer thuligal dhaane, kalaigalin vegumaanam" - Nammavar......how true.... :D

En uyir thozhiae - i'm really sad that i have use the word "magical" for much lesser things before - cos this song deserves it the most........the beautiful rush of piano in the starting, the interludes, and the way charanams start.....and the charanam - cherry on the cake - simply magical

Anarkali - the hindustaani aalap elevates the song to a different level...........karthik's rendition is perfect...........and the fusion of aalap -chinese sounds - again a speciality from ARR......lyrics - pathetic - "ulagathile miga periya poovum neeyadi" - gawddddd

Theekuruvil - very unique and different ARR composition..........pretty fast and peppy yet melodious.....ARR is the only composer who can have reggae bits and carnatic aalap in one song, iguess :lol: .........guys who havent seen the picturisation of this song - pls dont attempt to :banghead:

(to be continued.....)

A.ANAND
23rd May 2007, 07:46 AM
maddy,antha foto-la irupathu yaaru???ungga g.f-ah??? :D

selvakumar
23rd May 2007, 09:58 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: (Sorry guys for the digression :oops: :oops: )

MADDY
23rd May 2007, 12:44 PM

>>digr>> andha madhiri GF-irundha naan yaen sir, mani kanukka ARR,Maniratnathha pathhi post panna poaren :oops: :lol: .........avanga spain naattu samooga sevagi :noteeth:

selva - :evil: - i'll get a GF one day :poke: (adhu varaikkum kalyanamae panna poradhilla) >>end digr>>

A.ANAND
23rd May 2007, 02:07 PM
samooga sevagiya?????namakku yan intha vanbu :ashamed:

zz
23rd May 2007, 07:24 PM
As an album KKS was not one of ARR's best, but two songs and one very good song in "Anarkali" is more than paisa vasool.

If one day I meet ARR, I will surely ask how did he conceive that part in the "en uyir thozhi" song. Infact the entire song.

I do not believe BR could have inspired ARR to do that as the output in the film is even less than Zero.

One more thing, people close to ARR must ask him to use these type of immortal classics often in his live programmes. Or else, golden pieces like these will die silently.

Ramakrishna
23rd May 2007, 08:55 PM
next album? i prefer kaathal virus

villan007
23rd May 2007, 10:42 PM
minsaara kanavu ? :roll:

MADDY
24th May 2007, 03:12 AM

yes, tears trickle down my cheeks, the red ones - when i listen to this album and its songs..........fate was cruel on Allah-Rakha-Rahman and his fans, who could sell 200 million copies in 10 yrs but could not sell a few thousand copies for this mastrerpiece work.......thank god that ARR didnt have a weak heart cos it wud have blown into pieces with the verdict that people gave to this timeless piece of art...i mourn it as a personal tragedy whenever i listen to it........"kanneer thuligal dhaane, kalaigalin vegumaanam" - Nammavar......how true.... :D

En uyir thozhiae - i'm really sad that i have use the word "magical" for much lesser things before - cos this song deserves it the most........the beautiful rush of piano in the starting, the interludes, and the way charanams start.....and the charanam - cherry on the cake - simply magical

Anarkali - the hindustaani aalap elevates the song to a different level...........karthik's rendition is perfect...........and the fusion of aalap -chinese sounds - again a speciality from ARR......lyrics - pathetic - "ulagathile miga periya poovum neeyadi" - gawddddd

Theekuruvil - very unique and different ARR composition..........pretty fast and peppy yet melodious.....ARR is the only composer who can have reggae bits and carnatic aalap in one song, iguess :lol: .........guys who havent seen the picturisation of this song - pls dont attempt to :banghead:

(to be continued.....)

Aaha thamizhamma contains the "naattupura" rythms embedded into the song along with western beats........it is kinda melodious and keeps u humming even after a long time u stop listening to it......a feel good song.....

Azhagiya cindrella - this is the first song with which the movie's promos started on TV......instantly likable.....probably the lesser classy song of this illustrious album........ennai ennakke dhaan arimugam seidhaal - bit is haunting.........interlude has "konji konji ponai" chorus later developed into a much haunting "rango rangoli" chorus in munbe vaa, i believe :wink: ......

a perfect 10/10 from ARR but was wasted in a drab movie..........picturisation really su**ed.....sorry BR, this is ur worst.........u killed a beautiful album..... :evil: ........KKS - a knot in the heart of ARR fans which pains whenever u listen to the above 5 songs :cry:

Look at that for picturisation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7Fpckc0ek :banghead: :banghead:

A.ANAND
24th May 2007, 06:22 AM
uyire

ajaybaskar
24th May 2007, 02:19 PM

(to be continued.....)

Aaha thamizhamma contains the "naattupura" rythms embedded into the song along with western beats........it is kinda melodious and keeps u humming even after a long time u stop listening to it......a feel good song.....

Azhagiya cindrella - this is the first song with which the movie's promos started on TV......instantly likable.....probably the lesser classy song of this illustrious album........ennai ennakke dhaan arimugam seidhaal - bit is haunting.........interlude has "konji konji ponai" chorus later developed into a much haunting "rango rangoli" chorus in munbe vaa, i believe :wink: ......

a perfect 10/10 from ARR but was wasted in a drab movie..........picturisation really su**ed.....sorry BR, this is ur worst.........u killed a beautiful album..... :evil: ........KKS - a knot in the heart of ARR fans which pains whenever u listen to the above 5 songs :cry:

Look at that for picturisation - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz7Fpckc0ek :banghead: :banghead:

Recently i read that the songs were composed a long back for another BR film which was finally dropped. Hence BR used the songs later for KKS. Can someone confirm?

Sanguine Sridhar
26th May 2007, 12:30 PM
What an album!! Great songs!!

My order

1. Ennuyir Thozhiye...

2. Theekuruvi

3. Anarkali

4. Azhagiya Cinderella

5. Aaha Thamizhamma

Wonderful ear-pleasing melodies. :notworthy:

Ramakrishna
30th May 2007, 02:15 PM
National award winner 8-)

littlemaster1982
1st June 2007, 02:02 PM
This movie won 4 national awards and all are related to Music. :yes:

1. Best MD
2. Best Male Singer (SPB, Thanga Thamarai)
3. Best Female Singer (KS Chitra, Maanamadurai)
4. Best Choreographer (Prabhudeva)

Not sure whether this has happened ever :?

One of Rahman's albums in which you can't single out one particular song as favorite.

ARR :notworthy: :notworthy:

Wibha
2nd June 2007, 09:25 AM
national award winner :clap:

each song has its' own speaciality...........

ARR is one among very few MD's who choose the singer according to the actors :cool: :cool: :cool:

Yathu
3rd June 2007, 03:09 PM
One of my FAVOURITE ARR albums!

Every song is excellent, and the picturisation for the songs were also excellent. My fave was Vennilave Vennilave, Prabhu Deva and Kajol, wow, excellent chreography...it always gives me goosebumps when i see it... :smile2:

ThalaNass
3rd June 2007, 03:12 PM
who can forget Vennilavae Vennilavae.. :musicsmile:
but ma fav is Maana Madhura song.. fast beat.. simply superb.. :clap: