PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the new TFM DF

RR
27th October 2004, 03:39 PM
We are still open about the forum structure. There are ideas like rolling out very active topics, e.g. 'Raga of Songs' as separate forums, if there's lot of demand. We want to hear from you.

Thiru
28th October 2004, 05:05 PM
R, so will we be redirected to this thread when we hit tfmpage.com??

RR
28th October 2004, 05:53 PM

No, we are only revamping the DF. tfmpage.com frontpage migration will happen later. Stay tuned.

Thiru
28th October 2004, 06:31 PM

No, we are only revamping the DF. tfmpage.com frontpage migration will happen later. Stay tuned.

Thanks RR... Any idea when you will be migrating pages like Pudhir(quiz), JFF, paatukku pattu etc??

RR
28th October 2004, 08:55 PM
Thiru, it's only a question of how soon everyone gets used to the new setup.

Thiru
28th October 2004, 09:21 PM
RR, There's a 'REPORT' feature available in some of the forums, where you can report offensive posts or abusive language to the moderator... Are you planning to have something like that, because that's the main concern in TFM DF threads..

28th October 2004, 11:05 PM
It used to be a nightmare to retrieve posts of certain members in the old DF - eg. Several informative posts like that of Manisegaran, Saravanan and Kiru were lost out. Will you be making a foolproof transfer of all old posts? I hope so, then retrieving ALL posts made by a particular member would be a piece of cake :D KUDOS TO YOU!!

Thiru
29th October 2004, 12:19 AM
It used to be a nightmare to retrieve posts of certain members in the old DF - eg. Several informative posts like that of Manisegaran, Saravanan and Kiru were lost out. Will you be making a foolproof transfer of all old posts? I hope so, then retrieving ALL posts made by a particular member would be a piece of cake :D KUDOS TO YOU!!

prabhu, I guess that old threads and posts will be retrieved from the original DF thread but it wont have the id's associated with it... Everything will be retrieved as posted by 'OLD POSTS'... You might be able to retrieve informative posts from here on...

29th October 2004, 06:23 AM
Can the admin plz clarify Thiru's reply?

If that is true, this is indeed terrible news :cry: I just hope searching for data doesnt become a nightmare as it is in the old DF.

RR
29th October 2004, 11:56 AM
RR, There's a 'REPORT' feature available in some of the forums, where you can report offensive posts or abusive language to the moderator... Are you planning to have something like that, because that's the main concern in TFM DF threads..

For now, just pm the moderator of the forum.

RR
29th October 2004, 12:05 PM
Can the admin plz clarify Thiru's reply?

If that is true, this is indeed terrible news :cry: I just hope searching for data doesnt become a nightmare as it is in the old DF.

Though the id is 'Oldposts', the subject of each post contains the poster name. We'll implement a 'search engine for posts' that will help you search this and locate the desired posts easy & quick.

See, we are now fully database driven. No more nightmarish searching.

vengayam
29th October 2004, 02:00 PM
îñ¤ö¤ô¢ â¿îô£ñ¢ âù¢ð«î ñè¤ö¢ê¢ê¤ Ü÷¤è¢è¤ø¶! ïù¢ø¤!

Thoduvaanam
29th October 2004, 10:26 PM
How come no MSV vs IR vs ARR vs HJ vs YSR vs Imaan vs .. fight yet? Sorry guys, couldnt resist. :)

MrJudge
23rd November 2004, 04:24 PM
When will be the forum fully functional? any tentative dates?

RR
24th November 2004, 03:33 PM
Soon!

Anamika
6th December 2004, 10:04 AM
Just testing

MrJudge
25th December 2004, 11:26 AM
Hey RR,

Are we going to have separate threads for each MD in the main page? It will be good to post new movies/albums for that particular MD. I hope you add 'YSR's new albums' , 'JS's new albums' etc ... soon to the main page.

RR
25th December 2004, 12:44 PM
Hey RR,

Are we going to have separate threads for each MD in the main page? It will be good to post new movies/albums for that particular MD. I hope you add 'YSR's new albums' , 'JS's new albums' etc ... soon to the main page.

I'll move the corresponding threads from old DF.

rocky esty
26th December 2004, 11:59 AM
PLEASE INDIANIZE THE LOOK ...ITS NOW SAME AS THE AMERICAN FORM .... :cry:

rocky esty
26th December 2004, 12:00 PM
ADD MORE INDIAN CARTOONS ....CUSTOMIZE TO OURS COMPLETELY :cry:

RR
26th December 2004, 12:25 PM
ADD MORE INDIAN CARTOONS ....CUSTOMIZE TO OURS COMPLETELY :cry:

more avatar galleries coming soon.

eden
8th January 2005, 02:47 AM
RR,
I think the time stamp is not EST...I see a posting on the `genius...' thread with a time stamp of Jan 7 2005 16:21 and it is not 16:21 yet as of this posting of mine....

eden
8th January 2005, 02:50 AM
And the EST when I posted the previous posting was 16:15 and it shows 17:17...

Thiru
8th January 2005, 10:10 AM
The time is actually set to GMT -400 hrs. Its one hour ahead of EST.

eden
8th January 2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Thiru, for your clarification.
However, since I'm still using the traditional interface (tfmpage.com/forum) for accessing the threads, I see a last update time stamp with "EST" suffixed to it, which is not accurate...just an observation.

genesis
10th February 2005, 07:06 PM
I have a question.. when ever I open a topic, the oldest messages are shown first. But I see there is a option to list the newest message first.

Is there a way to set "Newest First" as default?

Thanks.

elen
12th February 2005, 04:19 PM
Iwant to know the starting lines of this tamil song...
Film...VAA INDHA PAKKAM...Mouli Direction
Actor Prathap and Uma
Music Shaam
singers S.Janaki and Surender or Deepan
Niice duet and in saranam it goes like this....
Vizhigalai imaigal mooduthey...MOODATHEY....
Jannalin Kambigal PAkkuthey...PArkathey...
A very modern song sung nicely by S.Janaki...Can any one who reads this post me the reply with starting Varigal of the song to my e mail id elen@vsnl.net
Sunder

eden
14th February 2005, 09:46 PM
elen,
It's `Anadhan dhAgam...un koondhal pookkaL theerkumE' (Deepan Chakravarthy / SJ, music-Shyam)

RR
14th February 2005, 10:03 PM
I have a question.. when ever I open a topic, the oldest messages are shown first. But I see there is a option to list the newest message first.

Is there a way to set "Newest First" as default?

Thanks.
Not by users. It can be set (by admin) forum wide - but this will be confusing..

Surya
13th April 2005, 05:51 AM
This question may sound idiotic, but I've never taken part in the TFM section, and I have a ?. What does TFM stand for?? I've been wondering this eversince the old hub. :oops:

RR
13th April 2005, 11:51 AM
Answer is here, of course: http://www.tfmpage.com

app_engine
10th May 2005, 08:08 PM
Admin,
Looks like the Lite version (old style page showing threads) is either inactive or not getting updated...

RR
10th May 2005, 08:59 PM
Admin,
Looks like the Lite version (old style page showing threads) is either inactive or not getting updated...
Fixed.

app_engine
10th May 2005, 11:12 PM
Thanks, RR...It's easier to browse in this while at work:-)

app_engine
22nd June 2005, 12:52 AM
RR, the audit stamp (name of last poster / time) does not get updated in the lite version...

RR
24th June 2005, 02:33 PM
It's ok now, right?

app_engine
24th June 2005, 06:56 PM
Yes, Thank you !

S.Balaji
15th August 2005, 03:22 PM
RR,

Postings with offensive remarks... attacking somebody personally...

how we are going to address ?

I am sure you would have faced this issue already .

Also nasty postings ... with vulgar meanings...

I know its difficult to arrest the posting but any solution to this

I want this Great TFM to maintain its dignity... not to get spoilt by some elements

madhu
15th August 2005, 03:40 PM
HI Balaji !

If you find any such postings, you can immediately inform the moderator of the thread. (thats why I do). I think they will warn the concerned member and if required can take necessary steps too !

It happened a couple of times before. But, it is necessary for the members to maintain self control and discpline in language.

enna seivadhu.. karumbukku inippum puLikku puLippum iYarkai guNam illaiyA ?

S.Balaji
15th August 2005, 03:47 PM
Hello Madhu,

Probably one has to follow the principle of..

DUSHTANAI KANDAAL DHOOORA VILAGU !!

if we come across such postings....

My concern is that this TFM is doing a great work since inception and should not get affected by unscrouplous elements.

All the hard work done will be undone .

madhu
15th August 2005, 04:14 PM
Balaji !

dushtanai kaNdaal... adhu OK !

but yaar dushtan enRu kaNdu pidippadhu kashtam..

sila samayam oru nimisha kObathil dushtan AgiravargaLai veRukka mudiyumA..

"payum puliyin kodumaiyai iRaivan pArvaiyil vaithAnE - indha
pAzhum manidhan guNangaLai mattum pOrvaiyil maRaithAnE"

enbadhu pOlathAne irukkiRaargaL.. ?

en "avatar"-ukkaga Bharathiyar padiyadhudhaan sariyana vazhi..

"pAdhagam seibavarai kaNdAL nee bayam koLLal Agadhu pAppA
mOdhi midithuvidu pAppA avar mugathil umizhndhu vidu pAppA" :P