PDA

View Full Version : Reduction in ticket prices - Advantage/Disadvantage

Thirumaran
27th December 2006, 09:59 AM
what are the advantages and disadvantage?

Ulaganayagan
27th December 2006, 11:14 AM
Advantages:

Even at Rs 50 a ticket in Chennai (Cheaper outskirts), it would be economical for families to come to theaters.

This in turn contributes to more audiences coming to theaters to watch movies

Indirectly cuts down illegal VCD/DVD, as watching a movie in theaters has become cheaper !

We may re witness to the good old days of movies genuinely running 100-175+ days due to the increased numbers of people coming to theaters.

Movie collections would no longer depend on the 'opening' factor, even movies that dont get a good opening can pick up later on and still make profits.

The salaries of actors would come down. I always felt that actors were being paid a lot more than they truly deserve.

Small movies will thrive

Disadvantages:

Quality multiplexes would have to look somewhere else for business. Satyam, and the soon to enter PVR and INOX which provide good movie going experience would be forced to cut down on quality. They would also lose their charm as they would be catering to a whole new different set of crowds, going forward.

Parking and Movie hall food prices would be hiked considerably

AC's may go off after interval:)

Overall collections of movies would certainly drop. Even though the number of audiences increase, theater and multiplexes lose out on the opening and the exorbitant ticket prices they used to charge

Big budget films may dwindle in number.

girishk14
27th December 2006, 11:19 AM
THE GREATEST ADVANTAGE : At last, big actors like Rajini will lose money and this can help youths like Jeeva and Bharath!! :thumbsup: :clap:

selvakumar
27th December 2006, 11:21 AM
I don't think the sudden reduction in ticket prices will pull family audiences to the theatres :huh:
The disadvantages are more and there is not even a single advantage with this:

Directors and everyone in the industry feel that it is because of the ticket prices families are not coming to the theatres. Well. IT may be one among the N reasons why they are not coming to the theatres.

Our family audiences are caught up in MEGA SERIALS which roll out tons of crap everyday ! Except a few serials many are repeatitive and not so good ! But inspite of that our ladies seem to be interested in this !

No chance they will abandon their mega serial schdules and will come to the theatres.
It starts right from 11.am and ends at 11pm. During this time, at what time they will come to the theatres ? :huh:

They can come to theatres during weekends. But even then they have other things which are much cheaper when compared to theatres. Right ! :)

Instead of reducing ticket prices, Our CM can put an end to MEGA SERIALS. I think the industry will benefit a lot from this. But will he do it ? I don't think so coz SUN NETWORK's backbone is mega serials :wink:

One advantage is there for me :

I spent more than Rs.600/- for Varalaaru to watch it 6 times. With the new ticket price reduction, I can watch AALVAAR atleast 6 times in TN with just Rs. 180/- :wink: :P

selvakumar
27th December 2006, 11:22 AM
THE GREATEST ADVANTAGE : At last, big actors like Rajini will lose money and this can help youths like Jeeva and Bharath!! :thumbsup: :clap:

I love you da cheLLam :lol:

rockydeva
27th December 2006, 11:27 AM
Its Advantage for PEOPLE, small film PRODUCERs

Disadvantage for all actors

girishk14
27th December 2006, 11:30 AM

I love you da cheLLam :lol:

:rotfl:
:rotfl:

Cinefan
27th December 2006, 11:33 AM
If the new rates are effected,then Mayajal will have have to sell tickets at Rs 15/-.At those rates it cannot sustain.Check out Sify for more on this.

I doubt if PVR,INOX,IMAX will want to come to TN if they are forced to sell at such low rates.Even Sathyam Cinema's will not be able to maintain quality.AC's will be always off(what with commercial electricity rates being sold at such a high rate).I doubt if this plan will work as even at 50/-,a family of four will shell out Rs 200/- for ticket prices,another 100 for travel&maybe another 100/- for eatables-Total cost: Rs 400/-( much higher than VCD/DVD rentals)

Big budget films like 10 A,Sivaji will be badly hit.

Also,when has high ticket prices acted as a deterrant?Ppl who c annot afford such high prices wait for all the hype&initial buzz to die down&then go to watch the movie.

MADDY
27th December 2006, 11:42 AM
IOur family audiences are caught up in MEGA SERIALS which roll out tons of crap everyday !No chance they will abandon their mega serial schdules and will come to the theatres.
It starts right from 11.am and ends at 11pm. During this time, at what time they will come to the theatres ? :huh:

Instead of reducing ticket prices, Our CM can put an end to MEGA SERIALS. I think the industry will benefit a lot from this. But will he do it ? I don't think so coz SUN NETWORK's backbone is mega serials :wink:

wrote my mind.....similarly, govt should slash air time fee for the ads that appear on SUNTV and other satellite channels.....if they are now taking 1lakh/minute then they have to reduce it to 10,000/minute.......sounds cool isnt it??

this govt seems like concentrates only on cinema related things??? this is so irritating........govt giving priority to cinema when there are issues like illiteracy,poverty,tsunami rehabilitation,employment,terrorist threat rampant in the society shows how superficial their view is just like HR managers,Quality assurance people of a s/w company.........

y the heck they have to poke their nose in each and everything.......how will multiplexes flourish in such strict environment........yes i'm a multiplex man......and i'm proud of it.........i cant imagine sitting in ottta odasal chair bearing the bug bites in small theatres anymore......multiplex is not only abt viewing cinema but its a place for social gathering.......if they are going to kill it then "nalla illa" avalavudhan solliten.....

girish, thalaivar, became a superstar when balcony tickets used to be sold at Rs.5..........so with this trend it will be small podiyans who will be affected and not our "malai"....... Malai da, Annamalai

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 11:46 AM
There is one advantage :

PUblic will have to pay less

Disadvantage :

U cant see more quality stuff hereafter as producer will try to be stingy in production values

girishk14
27th December 2006, 11:52 AM
There is one advantage :

PUblic will have to pay less

Disadvantage :

U cant see more quality stuff hereafter as producer will try to be stingy in production values

who cares about whether the actors and producer gain or lose.........our duty is to watch the movie..........we are the public and it is total advantage for us...........

Ulaganayagan
27th December 2006, 11:54 AM
Govt may be right in bringing down the lowest price in a theater, But it really shouldnt be setting a ceiling or a max price limit.

rachel
27th December 2006, 11:55 AM
i don't understand ticket price theory...and i'm not going to read these posts..

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 11:55 AM
Just because 30 rupees food is costly fpor u will u eat 5 rupees kaaka biryani? :)

Same way if ticket rates come down by this rate... the producer wont involve in making the technical team of the movie stronger :) :roll:

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 11:56 AM
i don't understand ticket price theory...and i'm not going to read these posts..

Then why do u reply :poke:

rachel
27th December 2006, 11:58 AM

Then why do u reply :poke:

then why do you read my post ?

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 11:59 AM
I read it bcoz i read all the posts n reply here but u said u wont read anything :poke:

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 12:01 PM
Will Mayajaal sell tickets at Rs 15?

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 26 December , 2006, 20:13

Mayajaal multiplex on ECR on the way to Mahabalipuram is one of the most popular getaways for up market young IT crowd in Chennai. The six- screen multiplex (seating capacity- 960) has the highest admission rate in Tamilnadu- Rs 150 to 200. Still on week-ends it clocks 90 to 95 percent occupancy!

The big news is that from January 1st, 2007 as per the new government order, Mayajaal will have to sell their tickets at Rs 15! Ridiculous it may sound, but unfortunately Mayajaal falls in a Panchayat area in Kancheepuram district, where as per the Tamilnadu government order the highest ticket rate there can only be only Rs 15!

The multiplex is currently the “Collection King” among theatres in NSC area. Recently Vetayadu Vilayadu, created a record there by collecting a distributors share of Rs 25 Lakhs. Now it will be a miracle of sorts if the Pongal releases like Pokiri or Aalwar collects a share of Rs 1.50 or 2 Lakhs from Mayajaal, with the new rates coming into effect from Jan 1st.

Now the big question is- Will Mayajaal close down? It is impossible to run the multiplex on the proposed new rates, as it will not be sufficient to run their AC plant! And the up market exclusivity of the theatre also vanishes. Above all it will be Tamil film collections that are going to be badly hit!

An emergency meeting of the distributors association and producers of Pongal Films are to be held on 28 Dec. The distributors of NSC area will demand an exemption for Mayajaal, as it is the goose that lays the golden egg for them. But the Tamilnadu government is unlikely to exempt any theatre in the state from the new admission rates.

A few days back, a very influential exhibitor in the state had tried to work out an exemption for his multiplex with one of the bigwigs in the state government. However the person concerned made it clear that nobody will go against the wishes of the Chief Minister and the new admission rates will be implemented.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14357656

rachel
27th December 2006, 12:04 PM
I read it bcoz i read all the posts n reply here but u said u wont read anything :poke:

i'm too lazy to read about advantages and disadvantages.... :wink:

selvakumar
27th December 2006, 12:06 PM

Rachel,
Ticket prices in TN theaters have been reduced drastically with the new govt law. Based on this, the tickets which were sold at Rs.100 and Rs.200 can now be sold at Rs.50/- (max) only. The minimum ticket price (villages) has been fixed at Rs.5/-

With this, they hope that people will come to theatres since the price is less. They are analysing the disadvantages and advantages with this
Hope it is clear for u now :roll:

rachel
27th December 2006, 12:10 PM

Rachel,
Ticket prices in TN theaters have been reduced drastically with the new govt law. Based on this, the tickets which were sold at Rs.100 and Rs.200 can now be sold at Rs.50/- (max) only. The minimum ticket price (villages) has been fixed at Rs.5/-

With this, they hope that people will come to theatres since the price is less. They are analysing the disadvantages and advantages with this

it's clear now... :) :lol: all i care is that aalwar beats pokiri :lol2:

bulb_mani
27th December 2006, 12:11 PM

Rachel,

it's clear now... :) :lol: all i care is that aalwar beats pokiri :lol2:

Rachel U rock :thumbsup: :swinghead: :exactly: :clap: :redjump: :bluejump:

rachel
27th December 2006, 12:12 PM
i rock... :roll: i don't rock :lol:

smith
27th December 2006, 01:26 PM
Both sathyam & mayajaal - ippove eera thuniya ready pannikittanga. :-)

villan007
27th December 2006, 01:29 PM
:lol:

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 01:37 PM
[tscii:0c9d754155]
If the new rates are effected,then Mayajal will have have to sell tickets at Rs 15/-.At those rates it cannot sustain.Check out Sify for more on this.

I doubt if PVR,INOX,IMAX will want to come to TN if they are forced to sell at such low rates.

When Ajay Bijli launched PVR Anupam (with four screens) in New Delhi's upmarket Saket in 1997, he was triggering off a pop culture revolution in India. He provided cine-goers a wholesome new experience, a trend starting of with just four screens. At present Bijli has 76 screens spread across Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru Bangalore and Hyderabad.

By June 2007, he would have crossed the magic figure of 100 screens when he opens the swanky x 7 seven-screen PVR Ampa centre at Ampa Centre One Mall at the junction of Nelson Manickam-Poonamalee high road in Chennai.

Much before PVR set foot in Chennai, But before PVR arrives in Chennai, the four-screen Inox at Citi Centre Mall in Radhakrishna Salai is due to open by Pongal 2007. And by 2010, Chennai and its suburbs are poised for a multiplex explosion as nearly 100 new screens are likely to be added to the existing ones. screens! 9Ithu nadakkuma!!!)

Meanwhile, 15 to 20 new malls are coming up in Chennai, in areas like- Egmore, Kilpauk, Woods road, Poonamalee High Road (3), 100 feet road, Vadapalani-Saligramam (3), Mint, OMR, ECR, and the suburbs.

All major players in the multiplex business like PVR, Inox, Adlabs, Shringar and Sathyam want a piece of the cake.

The six-screen Mayajaal on ECR, which says it is the first multiplex in the south, is now in the process of adding three more screens. by next summer.
says Udeep.B, CEO Mayajaal entertainment: "I think one of the best collecting multiplex outside Chennai is our complex. Now we are adding more screens including a state-of-the-art 54-seater luxurious all gold class designer screen, where corporates and individuals can hold shows of films of their choice. It will be the first ‘movie-on-demand' theatre."

original article is here...

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/12/15/stories/2006121500730100.htm[/tscii:0c9d754155]

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 01:39 PM
Both sathyam & mayajaal - ippove eera thuniya ready pannikittanga. :-)

May be they will introduce entrance ticket to get inside the multiplex.

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 01:47 PM
I doubt if this plan will work as even at 50/-,a family of four will shell out Rs 200/- for ticket prices,another 100 for travel&maybe another 100/- for eatables-Total cost: Rs 400/-( much higher than VCD/DVD rentals)

Rentukku CD kodukirathu illa.. they hav been sold... New movies cost 50rs and old movies 30-40rs.

Ulaganayagan
27th December 2006, 01:54 PM
I doubt if this plan will work as even at 50/-,a family of four will shell out Rs 200/- for ticket prices,another 100 for travel&maybe another 100/- for eatables-Total cost: Rs 400/-( much higher than VCD/DVD rentals)

Rentukku CD kodukirathu illa.. they hav been sold... New movies cost 50rs and old movies 30-40rs.
Konjam costly machi :)

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 02:07 PM
Enna seiya.. theatrela ticket rates kuraicha maathiri ithaiyum avanga kuraikka munn varalam... :lol:

Thirumaran
27th December 2006, 02:13 PM
:boo:

Sanguine Sridhar
27th December 2006, 02:16 PM
i think the rate should be fixed based on the quality of the theatre and presentation of the movie...

full dts pottu\dolby surropund panni\special effects-ku nalla selavu panni\ air-con pottu \proper seating panni....10 Rs ticket koduthu ...ellarayum ulla vittu...avvanunga kottura kuppayayum..thupura paan parag-ayum clean panna theatre owners enna kena.puna-va illa muna.kuna vaa?? :evil:

smith
27th December 2006, 02:22 PM
First of all, most of the theatres do not switch on the a/c full time. They gradually switch it off once the movie starts. Also the parking rates of 2 & 4 wheelers are high. Plus they themsleves arrange persons to sell tickets in black.

So, I guess the theatres will not be affected in any way.
Maybe satyam & mayajal. But how many multiplexes we have here?

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 02:25 PM
[tscii:2b0cfdb746]Yup SS!.. The cost of Maayajal is so high for this factor also. Illaina pakkathula irukkira kuppathu aalunga Maayajaala naaradichiruvanga...

About Forthcoming AMPA CENTER (PVR screens)
"The Ampa Centre One is a fully integrated mall at a total cost of over Rs. 50 crore…[] is spread over three acres with a total built up area of over six lakhs square feet. The mall [It] will boast of a hypermarket, three floors of retail, a food mall, and a 20-room boutique hotel with a bar. And the highlight will be the seven-screen PVR, with a seating capacity of 1818 seats."[/tscii:2b0cfdb746]

ajaybaskar
27th December 2006, 07:57 PM
Sify has an article on this. mayajaal has to reduce the ticket rates to Rs.15 it seems. Sounds rubbish

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
27th December 2006, 08:13 PM
iam sure govt will be forced to retake this rule

Warden
27th December 2006, 08:19 PM
Discounts please!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 27 December , 2006, 16:41
The heat is on. The distributors of Pongal releases mainly-Aalwar, Pokiri and Thamarabharani has asked for a reduction in rates to their respective producers, following the government decision to slash admission rates.

A leading distributor/ production house who had taken Pokiri at a record price of Rs 4.50 crore for the lucrative NSC area, has now backed out of the deal. The distributor at that time had boasted that it was the highest ever price since Chandramukhi which was snapped for a record Rs 5.75 Crore for NSC area.

Similarly Aalwar, was given at Rs 2.75 , for NSC but now the distributor wants a price cut. The distributors are asking for a 30 to 50 percent price reduction, which the producers are not willing. It is simple- they cannot go back and claim a proportionate reimbursement from the stars for money already paid!

Actually the stars and technicians are raving about producers of both the films ,Ramesh Babu and Mohan Natrajan, for their prompt and correct payment In fact Ajit and Vijay are keen to give priority dates to these producers in future for their next ventures.

Meanwhile the Tamilnadu distributors association has called for an emergency meeting, to sort out the Pongal release payment problem with producers of the films. The crucial meeting which in a way will decide the fate of Pongal releases is to take place in Chennai on Thursday, Dec 28.

MADDY
27th December 2006, 09:05 PM
Konjam costly machi :)

pinna office-la download pannungona..... :lol: ........office kaasudhaane yaarukku nashtam......hope my senior colleague in the hub is not readin this.... :roll:

sakala, actually this govt is adamant on certain things......i dont think they will change this rule......if aalwar and pokkiri turn out to be duds, then Shivaji and Dasa teams wont spend much on post production works which will ultimately reduce the quality of the films./..... :cry:

Thirumaran
27th December 2006, 09:21 PM
Shivaji and Dasa teams wont spend much on post production works which will ultimately reduce the quality of the films./..... :cry:

I dont think so. Shivaji and 10A's reach is not just for Tamil audiencs. Both Kamal and Rajini's movies does very well in Andhra if the movie is good/hit in Tamil.

In Banglore and Kerala too they have great fan following and their movies do well there too :roll:

There is no need for mentioning abt overseas market.

And 10A they would be releasing in Hindi too. So i dont think they will compromise on the quality of the movie at this point of time.

ajithfederer
27th December 2006, 09:26 PM
Very good rule by the govt....... 8-)

dinesh2002
27th December 2006, 09:30 PM
Shivaji movie is going to be the MOST affected 1 out of this act... but i think the technic is, when a ticket cost lets say around Rs 20, and the indivitual gets excited and watches the movie around 10 times thinkin that the ticket is ONLY Rs 20, it somehow doesnt affect much... wut u guys say?!!

MADDY
27th December 2006, 09:58 PM
Shivaji movie is going to be the MOST affected 1 out of this act... but i think the technic is, when a ticket cost lets say around Rs 20, and the indivitual gets excited and watches the movie around 10 times thinkin that the ticket is ONLY Rs 20, it somehow doesnt affect much... wut u guys say?!!

how many ppl. will watch a movie 10 times??? :roll: .....esp if it bcomes like Boys?? :lol: ......u r right, Shivaji is the most affected in this.....

TM, ok abt Rajini/Kamal but wat abt Ajith/Vijay?? its certainly not a good rule.....i'm worried that Multiplexes wont come to chennai bcos of this rule which will hugely affect Globalisation process in the city and infact it will tilt the IT equation for entire south india......cos Chennai is seen as a good alternative to B'lore, and trust me all these policy makers of big companies do look at city's facilities before shifting there.....they wud look upon chennai as a village if they dont find a multiplex there......i know its far fetched thinking but its pretty much posssible.....

i dunno y govt is after cinema only??? arent there other issues??? Tsunami rehabilitation is still unfinished and there are thousands of other issues to develop the state......mannn, this is nuthing short of dictatorship.......

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 10:11 PM
Black tickets pulakkam athikam aagidum. Even theatre people will sell the tickets in black.

ArulprakasH
27th December 2006, 10:20 PM
Hotels la irukkira maathiri STAR grading system CINEMA HALL's kku intorduce panna vendum. Ticket rates THEATRE oda STAR statusa poruthu fix pannikalam. Intha idea eppadi.. :huh:

ajithfederer
27th December 2006, 10:37 PM
yes u r right........normally shankars movies have a big budget production cost easily around 30-35 crores and u have rajinikanth as the hero here and his salary is supposed to be the biggest in india (atleast) ..........
Kooti kalichu paatha padathoda selavu atleast 50-60 kodi irukum....... 8-) ....so 1 by 2 , 2by 3 3 by 2 ........kanakku engeyo idikuthey..... romba kashtam with the new ticket pricing method........ :roll:

thamiz
27th December 2006, 10:44 PM

My feeling is that it is going to hurt big budget movies> I dont think it is going to control "illegal vcds".

I really dont understand MK's intention here?

If you aske me he could have implemented "both changes" he did lately SIMULTANEOUSLY.

I feel like, he is doing it like,

"thottilaiyum aattivittuk koNdu piLLaiyaiyum kiLLuvathu pOla"

BTW, Cost of living is going up every day. he can only stop where it stays now and he should not CUT IT DOWN, imho! :cool:

Movie Cop
28th December 2006, 05:55 AM
Should there even be a argument like advantage & disadvantage for this stuff? :roll: The answer is pretty obvious - This is an advantage for the people who pay (or rather waste) their money for watching predominantly trash can movies... 8-)
Tell me honestly - who would like to spend Rs.75 or Rs.100 for a Manmadhan or a Dharamapuri or a Tirupathi or a Sivakasi? At the same time it hurts no body to watch a movie like VV or PP or Veyil for Rs. 25 or Rs.50...
Another advantage is it will force the producers to make quality movies with lesser budget instead of paying salary in crores for some currently overrated/overhyped "buildup" heroes. It will also force the directors explore the option of Ambasamudram instead of Amsterdam to shoot a lousy dream/duet song! 8-)

Thirumaran
28th December 2006, 09:35 AM
TM, ok abt Rajini/Kamal but wat abt Ajith/Vijay?? its certainly not a good rule.....

I had only said for Rajini and Kamal movies it wont matter because of their market reach outside TN. Also add Shankar to that list in directors. That too if their movies are good enough. ! Otherwise :oops: I had not said yet my general opinion :wink:

In general, for cine people disadvantages are more than advantages.

Detailed opinion later :roll:

Thirumaran
28th December 2006, 09:50 AM
Not sure how many will implement this rule seriously. After all there are thousands of rules in india and none of them is followed by everyone :oops:

Considering many will implement the rule and it continues, there is one big disadvantage personally for me/ Kamal fans is that Marudanayagam will never be made :evil:

smith
28th December 2006, 10:31 AM
It will def be an advantage for film goers. Also, it will pull away the women from TV serails, atleast partially. It will force the producers to produce good, low budget films. It will also bring down the astronomical salaries to stars (many of whom who do not deserve it).

As for maruthanyagam - it has no beraing on thi issue. It will anyway never be made. That is a challenge.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
28th December 2006, 11:25 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/specials/cinema_061227.html

thamiz
29th December 2006, 05:58 AM
Another advantage is it will force the producers to make quality movies with lesser budget instead of paying salary in crores for some currently overrated/overhyped "buildup" heroes. It will also force the directors explore the option of Ambasamudram instead of Amsterdam to shoot a lousy dream/duet song! 8-)

Dont you think Shankar's contribtion in Tamil Cinema threatened Hindi and Telugu CinemA in general?

I think Tamil Cinema did gain some respect because of Shankar's big-budget movies.

You want us to go on join keralites and make some movies and win some awards! :lol:

thamiz
29th December 2006, 06:02 AM
As for maruthanyagam - it has no beraing on thi issue. It will anyway never be made. That is a challenge.

I understand your concern. :D

And how big that budget is , anyway? :roll:

Could you give me some ball-park #s? :roll:

ssanjinika
29th December 2006, 06:19 AM
I see a lot more disadvantages than advantages. Bringing ticket prices down will force producers to put in less money into the movie and that will affect the quality (technical) of the movie.
A few people said actors prices would come down..well I think they will just start looking at other woods where they probably will be offered more than what the tamil industry will be able to offer.(Rajini was offered the role in Raj kumar santoshi's Ramayan but since Rajini wanted 16 cores and RKS was willing to go upto 15 crores only, the offer fell through.)
These days Bollywood movies are garning recognition internationally. Tollywood and Kollywood movies were becoming more and more stylish and fast catching upto Bollywood. Now Kollywood movies will be left way behind while Tollywood will catch up and probably race ahead of Bollywood and the heroes in these movies will be our very own Surya and Vikram.
People who go to the multiplexes are people who shell out 50 bucks/lit of gas..dont tell me that these ppl cant afford 100 bucks tickets. The comman man as you put it still goes to theaters like Jayanti/Theyagaraja where ticket prices are still 25 bucks.

nickraman
29th December 2006, 07:28 AM

Yeah Bharath!

As for big budget films, yes. Sivaji will go through a big loss. Dasavatar has recently cut down their budget due to recent events, but it really doesn't matter to them since they aren't going to EVERY part of the world like Sivaji did (Spain, Japan, US, Pune, Hydhrabad, Chennai, Bangalore), Dasavatar went to Las Vegas and that's it. Rest is shot in Kodambakkam, chennai, local places.

Basically, small-Med budget films and youngsters starrers have the advantage here. In comparison of Rajni vs Kamal '07, Kamal will have the better lead, Dasavatar's budget is lower compared to Sivaji. AVM Saravanan is at a loss, unless the story is mindblowing, this goes for the opposition as well.

girishk14
29th December 2006, 09:32 AM
i cant be bothered about Chennai. i am a bangalorean.........

mareen
31st December 2006, 05:45 AM
now popcorns and drinks are going to cost more then the tickets :D

Warden
31st December 2006, 10:36 AM
Ticket prices at Sathyam
Elite-Rs 50
Premium-Rs 49
Economy-Rs 48
Turning into a joke :lol2:
Tickets at Mayajaal @ Rs 15 :rotfl: Entrance fee of Rs 200 will be levied(Rumour)

girishk14
31st December 2006, 04:01 PM
hey next time i go to Chennai........i will surely go to these multiplexes and buy gold class ticket and watch a movie if prices are so damn cheap.........

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 04:02 PM
hey next time i go to Chennai........i will surely go to these multiplexes and buy gold class ticket and watch a movie if prices are so damn cheap.........

Even i am planning to watch at MAYAJAL... it was 150 rupees this pongal :evil:

girishk14
31st December 2006, 04:08 PM
In bangalore multiplex, ticket costs 170 rupees. In chennai, it costs 15 rupees :rotfl: WHAT a HUGE price difference :lol:

bulb_mani
31st December 2006, 04:10 PM
In bangalore multiplex, ticket costs 170 rupees. In chennai, it costs 15 rupees :rotfl: WHAT a HUGE price difference :lol:

Its the same girish.... 15 rupees for MAYAJAL is because of the area in which it exists... :P

In SATHYAM , ROHINI n other places tickets will be 50 rupees

girishk14
31st December 2006, 04:28 PM

Its the same girish.... 15 rupees for MAYAJAL is because of the area in which it exists... :P

In SATHYAM , ROHINI n other places tickets will be 50 rupees

hey.....when i go to chennai, i guess i will be in some place called Perembur. where exactly is that? Is it near any of these multiplexes which are so cheap...............

mareen
1st January 2007, 01:39 AM
[tscii:88923d58db]Hollywood movies are made with big budgets but we only pay £5 for childrens and £7.50 for an adults .....[/tscii:88923d58db]

Tia
1st January 2007, 01:55 AM
probably cos they get audience from all over the world mareen

Warden
1st January 2007, 02:05 AM
Last time I booked 10 tics for Aathi.They screened Psm instead :cry3:
Ive taken an oath,not to visit Mayajaal henceforth :cry:
Well anyway an entrance chage of 200 Rs will be levied :poke:

Even i am planning to watch at MAYAJAL... it was 150 rupees this pongal :evil:

bulb_mani
1st January 2007, 02:07 AM
200 rupees as entrance charge :o

I will watch at sathyam then :?

mareen
1st January 2007, 02:11 AM
probably cos they get audience from all over the world mareenyaaa im sure its the similar case with Tamil movies since they are shown all over the world but ya ur right not as much as Hollywood movies ... but it still shows how much the theatre charges and still can manage it !!

mareen
1st January 2007, 02:12 AM
Last time I booked 10 tics for Aathi.They screened Psm instead :cry3:
Ive taken an oath,not to visit Mayajaal henceforth :cry:
Well anyway an entrance chage of 200 Rs will be levied :poke:

Even i am planning to watch at MAYAJAL... it was 150 rupees this pongal :evil:here i went to watch aathi.. and ended up seeing PSM and after only 10 mins ppl done fireworks inside and we were thrown out .. i still gt the video i recorded it .. ill upload sometime :)

Warden
1st January 2007, 02:14 AM
same total.b4 today tic cost was 218 Rs for opening days.
Now 215 :razz:

200 rupees as entrance charge :o

I will watch at sathyam then :?

mareen
1st January 2007, 02:51 AM
what is this entrance charge ??

do they charge seperatley in Chennai .. entrance charge and Ticket charge ??

Tia
1st January 2007, 02:58 AM
i'v always wished to watch a vj movie first day first show in India...with a legal ticket...NOT BLACK :cry2: dunno when thats gonna happpen :S hmmmmmmm hopefully sometime soon! :D

mareen
2nd January 2007, 05:53 AM
i'v always wished to watch a vj movie first day first show in India...with a legal ticket...NOT BLACK :cry2: dunno when thats gonna happpen :S hmmmmmmm hopefully sometime soon! :Dfirst try getting ur hands on a ticket .. then try to hear something on the first day :D

thamiz
3rd January 2007, 03:08 AM
Anyway, it has been reviewed and revised again. :)

MADDY
3rd January 2007, 05:09 AM
i'v always wished to watch a vj movie first day first show in India...with a legal ticket...NOT BLACK :cry2: dunno when thats gonna happpen :S hmmmmmmm hopefully sometime soon! :D

ur best chance was "Udhaya" :lol: .........colossal flop for both Vijay and ARRahman...... :cry:

manmadan
3rd January 2007, 05:30 AM
[tscii:848b06eb84]Hollywood movies are made with big budgets but we only pay £5 for childrens and £7.50 for an adults .....[/tscii:848b06eb84]

Rajni films here is like £15 pounds for opening
Thats much more compared to english films but it still gets wiked opening :)

alwarpet_andavan
3rd January 2007, 11:02 AM
Vaithaarada kalaignar aappu! :(
Obviously Aandavar/Rajini/Ajith/Vijay will be affected....
The question is can the business circles negotiate and prevail over the Kalaignar family in time?

osama_sword
3rd January 2007, 11:40 AM
Obviously Aandavar/Rajini/Ajith/Vijay will be affected....
The question is can the business circles negotiate and prevail over the Kalaignar family in time?]

thye will easily buy the films for SUN TV. Good politics :lol:

mareen
4th January 2007, 05:29 PM
[tscii:d099b041d8]Hollywood movies are made with big budgets but we only pay £5 for childrens and £7.50 for an adults .....[/tscii:d099b041d8]

Rajni films here is like £15 pounds for opening
Thats much more compared to english films but it still gets wiked opening :)coz they are in private theatres ... go to cineworld it will be £7.50 ;)

btw baba ran in southall cinema for £2.50 n still no one went :D

thamiz
5th January 2007, 11:57 PM
The question is can the business circles negotiate and prevail over the Kalaignar family in time?

Yeah, this is how "em gee aar" emerged and sent him back home for another 14 years to rethink about his "dirty potical tricks".

If he go on do UNLIMITED dirty politics to promote sun tv and tvs over all, then someone is going to come and send sun tv out of business PRETTY SOON.

How long he is going to have support from cental? Not for ever.

Anyway, everything is fine,

* WHAT has HE DONE to control illegal vcds like a real responsible CM?

Absolutely nothing.

Shame on him and his ugly politics! :twisted:

mareen
6th January 2007, 12:07 AM
so u say now ppl will watch the movie and buy the VCD ??

thamiz
6th January 2007, 12:19 AM
I am saying,

the govt can make money if they catch illegal vcd creators and watchers and fine them 1000-4000 rupees! :cool:

MADDY
6th January 2007, 01:38 AM
I am saying,

the govt can make money if they catch illegal vcd creators and watchers and fine them 1000-4000 rupees! :cool:

thats an excellent yosanai.... :D .....btw, y is thiruttu VCD problem such a big problem??? is there no way to eradicate it?? :cry:

maybe the day when Gaptain becomes CM, he will put an end to this.... 8-) 8-)

thamiz
6th January 2007, 01:45 AM
I think it should be executed.

See, maddy, you know people get tickets for "no right turns" "parking tickets", "speeding tickets" and this is the MAJOR INCOME which can pay off the cop salary.

In India, they can at least try to do that on thiruttu vcd and charge them nominally. I mean my relatives are also culprits. Let them pay and realize that it is indeed a "crime" they are committing.

Our politicians cant execute anything worthy.

At least JJ did put some effort.

But, MK is useless as for this issue is concerned! :cool:

And that maramvetti ramadoss, vaaykizhiya pEsuvaar thamizh thamizh-nu, blame everything on film stars as if politicians are all saints!

This is very very easy thing to execute on people those who something really wrong. And moreover, govt can make money.

I am afraid, if it goes on like that people will never realize that they are doing some crime without realizing it.

osama_sword
6th January 2007, 01:49 AM
PVR complex complex has a bar inside the hall :o

Maddy ur in bangalore how much is a gold membership 8-)

mareen
6th January 2007, 07:07 AM
ya govt can cut down .. mebbe an insider ??

breadpuli
8th January 2007, 09:11 AM
PVR complex complex has a bar inside the hall :o

Maddy ur in bangalore how much is a gold membership 8-)

Gold class ticket is 600/- !!
Do not know about any membership etc.

mareen
8th January 2007, 07:42 PM
whats this gold class tickets ???

osama_sword
8th January 2007, 09:50 PM

can have drinks :D :P n watch movie 8-)

mareen
8th January 2007, 09:53 PM

can have drinks :D :P n watch movie 8-)is that throughout the year ?? Unlimited Drinks ???

osama_sword
8th January 2007, 09:57 PM

can have drinks :D :P n watch movie 8-)is that throughout the year ?? Unlimited Drinks ???

:rotfl: aaasaiya paaru :poke:

just for one movie... ur seat will be like a bed n u'll get pillows.... u'll laso get a pizza i think :D

thimuru
8th January 2007, 11:02 PM

just for one movie... ur seat will be like a bed n u'll get pillows.... u'll laso get a pizza i think :D

padam borena apdiye paduthu thoongidalam!...

mareen
9th January 2007, 12:48 AM
[tscii:78bcaf0720]

just for one movie... ur seat will be like a bed n u'll get pillows.... u'll laso get a pizza i think :Dhere u can get like cards £10.99pm and it applies to all threatres of their branch ( which is like 50+ ) but u can watch unlimited movies :O :O any day any time ...Normally 1 ticket cost £7.50 so this is a Good Deal or we are getting Ripped OFF :D[/tscii:78bcaf0720]

osama_sword
9th January 2007, 10:18 PM
thimuru : :rotfl:

Mareen apo angeyum apiid iruku pola :) ... inga adhellam ilapa... hope it comes soon to chennai 8-)

mareen
9th January 2007, 10:56 PM

Mareen apo angeyum apiid iruku pola :) ... inga adhellam ilapa... hope it comes soon to chennai 8-)then few ppl will just live in the cinema :D

osama_sword
9th January 2007, 11:01 PM

Mareen apo angeyum apiid iruku pola :) ... inga adhellam ilapa... hope it comes soon to chennai 8-)then few ppl will just live in the cinema :D

:exactly: :lol:

mareen
9th January 2007, 11:41 PM
sure it will be a Bad move in india though ... as ppl are film Crazy !!!

the only time i've seen queue's standing and waiting to go inside was 007 Casino Royale :D

osama_sword
11th January 2007, 11:34 PM
sure it will be a Bad move in india though ... as ppl are film Crazy !!!

the only time i've seen queue's standing and waiting to go inside was 007 Casino Royale :D

:exactly:

But lots of kadalai parties will come n :banghead: