PDA

View Full Version : IR News and Other Titbits

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

RR
7th August 2007, 09:04 AM
http://dinamalar.com/2007aug07/vikatan.asp

IR/ARR use a lot of "black" keys...HJ does not...
That was a quite funny newsitem :)

raajarasigan
8th August 2007, 11:33 AM
yesterday I was watching a program 'King Queen Jack' in Vijay TV

the chief guest was Prem G (Gangai Amaran's younger son)

he was narrating one incident about his musical studies in London as,

"in Final year, we had an exam where you need to write some musical notes, the professors will play the same and they will give prizes for the best music, but when I was writing, I could not identify any proper music, I was just blank.. then I got an idea of using my periyappa's (our IR) music featured in Mouna Raagam, there was a theme music in MR (singing the same) and wrote the notes of that music and given. Then I got the prize for this best music"

then VJ commented out in lighter note that actually IR should have got that prize instead of you...

raja_fan
8th August 2007, 11:52 AM
Problem in IR's family !

Yuvan and his wife has applied for divorce ! ( Source : Sun TV news ).

Kaadhal kasakkudhaiyyaa...:)

crvenky
8th August 2007, 03:36 PM
Some more kisu kisu:

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/news/yuvan_070808.html

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/august/080807a.asp

crvenky
8th August 2007, 03:37 PM
This news item says Aadum Koothu of Cheran won an award. This movie was supposed to be done by IR. Any further info on this?

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/august/080807b.asp

raja_fan
11th August 2007, 10:10 PM
Today in Ennodu paatu paadungal by SPB,

SPB comments on "Rakkamma Kaiya thattu.." -

"Enna oru paattu ! Indha paattai india-la copy adikkaadha idame illai. Bombay-la oru MD (paer solla virumbalai ). Avan enkitte solraan 'What a music ! naan viralai sodukkum podhu indha tune vandhudhu..'. Naan nenaichikitten, ada ppaavi paiyaa.., enga paiyyan potta paattu, paadina enkittaiye un tune-nu solriye.."

Then the guest ( violinist from IR's troupe ) recollected the recording experience of "sundari kannaal" in Bombay and the standing ovation given to IR by north indian musicians etc.

When another guy sang "nalam vaazha.." , SPB was moved. His words were "Enakku kannil irundhu thanni varudhu. Yen nanbanai patthi solli salaikka villai. Evvalavo episode aanaalum solli konde irukkalaam. Revathi came to this recording and she cried after hearing the song. I told her to blame that paiyyan (IR) for all this".

rajasaranam
13th August 2007, 05:53 PM
Sunday edition of junior vikatan carries this news item:

"OLipathivalaragal ellam iyakunaraagum kaalam polirukirathu... varisaiyaaga ovvoru olipathivaalarum iyakunargalaai kondirukiraargal. antha vagaiyil latestaaga, yaerkanavae 'thirutham' 'thothukudi' poandra padangalil olipathivaalaraaga iruntha Jeevanum ippothu iyakunaraaga thannai munnetri irukiraar. 'Mayil' endra paeyaril thaan ezhuthi vaithiruntha kathaiyai Ilaiyaraajavidam avar solla, negizhnthu poana raaja, udanadiyaaga nadigar Prakaashraajukku phone poattu Jeevanin jeevanulla antha kathaiyai solli padamedukka kaettu kondaaraam. Ithanai thodarnthu 'Mayil' thogai virikka aarambithu vittathaam.

I still dont understand what kind of relationship raaja maintains with people, i have no clue as to how he can call Prakashraaj out of the blue when there are no prior instances which indicates their friendship :? If that was the case what held back Prakashraj from calling Raaja to score music for 'Mozhi' which had excellent scope for good BGM's which were spoilt by VS, though the songs were good especially 'Kaatrin mozhi' is one song which i keep humming these days.

And for these new directors pouring into Tamizh cinema and they still having hope in raaja, is indicative of how a director have the need for raaja and his BGM's for elevating their movies. :wink:

rajasaranam
13th August 2007, 05:59 PM
.... i remembered suddenly that last week fridays thinathanthi carried the Ad for 'Kaathal Saathi' by kasthooriraaja. It had a big caption saying 'Prakashraajin Muzhu aathigathil' may be Prakashraaj is helping out kasthoori for the release and incidentally PR had to build a relation with Raaja too. If that happens it will be good for tamil cinema as PR is one person who cares about making good movies with different themes and If raaja joins him it will be great. :)

raja_fan
13th August 2007, 08:56 PM
Rajasaranam,

Prakash Raj is indeed a friend of IR. You remember a movie called "Anthapuram" directed by a guy called Krishnavamsi ? Prakash raj was the person who roped in IR for that film which had excellent BGM by IR. I think Prakash Raj was the or one of the producers of Anthapuram.

IR has many friends in film circle who usually work with other MDs. Who knows ? may be director's choice was VS for Mozhi..

Weren't we surprised when IR told that he was the one who approved the story of Cheran that came out as his first film "Bharathi kannamma" :)

raja_fan
13th August 2007, 09:02 PM
"Raaja negizhndhu vittaar...",
"Raaja urugi vittaar"

When will people or Raja stop this ? Whenever we hear this, that movie surely flops..:)

btw.., so Kaadhal Saathi is going to be released at last ?

app_engine
13th August 2007, 10:14 PM
"Raaja negizhndhu vittaar...",
"Raaja urugi vittaar"

Actually all of these started with Sethu..when AV reported that IR was moved and 'izhaindhu izhaindhu isai amaiththukkoNdirukkiRar' etc. Though the movie didn't have any takers initially, it proved to be a big hit and catapulted Vikram into TF in a big way...and the kOdambAkkam sentiment probably followed... this time with 'rAjA urukkam' stuff, much like his singing the 'title song' superstition that followed after the success of 16 vayadhinilE:-))

raja_fan
13th August 2007, 10:32 PM
App_engine,

Only Sethu would have been an exception :)

The movies that I remember well in this list are Manasellam, Kannaathaal, Madhu etc..All were flop. I think IR is a easily "urugura" type..Otherwise who else will appreciate a Madhu kind of movie ?

Sanjeevi
13th August 2007, 11:08 PM
<digression>
Kannathaal had a decent run especially in B & C area.
</digression>

entertainment
14th August 2007, 12:18 AM
I would like to remind that Sethu is one such movie where Raja prized a lot and "neghizhndhu vittar" which was a super hit and it deserved it. I could recollect one other movie where Sangili Murugan was cribbing at Raja that he want to earn money by making a good film during the time Fazil discussed with Raja about a movie. Then Raja directed Fazil to direct the movie under Sangili Murugan's production. Raja himself named the movie and it is "Kadhalukku Mariyaadhai".

Being a senior person and one who worked more than 860+ movies will definitely know whether the movie has any resemblance of older movies or have some new things in it.

Sometime the movie may not go well because youngsters have opinions/likings which obviously differs from what Raja have. Take Mayakannadi for instance, I believe Raja impressed with the Story where his opinion could that youngsters may get spoilt like the hero in this movie, but what we wanted is an entertaining movie and not the one that advice us. This may be due to age difference, though he says that age does not matter when it comes to art (Music in this case).

Sanjeevi
14th August 2007, 10:45 AM
I would like to remind that Sethu is one such movie where Raja prized a lot and "neghizhndhu vittar" which was a super hit and it deserved it. I could recollect one other movie where Sangili Murugan was cribbing at Raja that he want to earn money by making a good film during the time Fazil discussed with Raja about a movie. Then Raja directed Fazil to direct the movie under Sangili Murugan's production. Raja himself named the movie and it is "Kadhalukku Mariyaadhai".

Being a senior person and one who worked more than 860+ movies will definitely know whether the movie has any resemblance of older movies or have some new things in it.

Sometime the movie may not go well because youngsters have opinions/likings which obviously differs from what Raja have. Take Mayakannadi for instance, I believe Raja impressed with the Story where his opinion could that youngsters may get spoilt like the hero in this movie, but what we wanted is an entertaining movie and not the one that advice us. This may be due to age difference, though he says that age does not matter when it comes to art (Music in this case).

you are correct. And think about producers and directors who only have said the dialogs as given by Ilaiyaraja. Ilaiyaraja might be told about some words like "story nalla irukku or puthusa irukku or makkalukku ubayogama irukkum". I guess, the producers and directors might be extended/modified the words what Raja said to them.

selvakumar
14th August 2007, 11:34 AM
At any day, a new director will be miles ahead of Cheran IMO :-)

Sanjeevi
14th August 2007, 11:39 PM
ரஜினிக்கு பிடித்த விசயங்கள்

நடிகர் - கமல்
தலைவர் - காந்தி
இசையமைப்பாளர் - இளையராஜா
பாடல் - வெள்ளைப்புறா ஒன்று (புதுக்கவிதை)
புத்தகம் - ரமண மகரிசி புத்தகங்கள்

Source : India Today Rajni Special Edition

raja_fan
15th August 2007, 08:39 AM
Sanjeevi,

Enna seivadhu ? Rajini-kku , mani rathnathirkku Rajavai pidikkiradhu. Aanaal Raja vittu kodukkaamal irundhu nammai vaati edukkiraar :(

entertainment
15th August 2007, 11:35 AM
IMHO Ilaiyaraaja would not seek Rajni's support rather it was the reverse in the past. Especially Raja will be overshadowed by Rajni now-a-days, which we have to accept :(. Obviously Raja would not want that; He would always want to be in the lime light. He would not get lost even in the huge banner/stars/money etc., Raja will not give music if Rajni winks/twists/stares/... :) (ofcourse its the job of the sound Engg.)

I would suggest rather Rajni to introduce new Music directors and that way he can lift up somebody else life. Anyway this is a different topic to discuss.

The only people who have good rapport with Raja and can extract good work are Bala and Balu Mahendra. Even I liked Athu Oru Kanaakaalam songs. I also liked Julie Ganapathy songs especially Minmini parvaigall. I see Raja's good old touch and magic.

raaja_rasigan
16th August 2007, 04:54 PM
I also liked Julie Ganapathy songs especially Minmini parvaigall. I see Raja's good old touch and magic.

thanni konjam yeri irukku kamma karaiyile .... :D

similar to enthan kannil 7 ulagangal (guru - sridevi)

Bala8749
17th August 2007, 01:35 AM
Yesterday when i watched the special preview of Pallikoodam, Thankar Bachan said the due to some problems he did not ask ilaiyaraja to score music for Pallikoodam and instead went for Bharadwaj, can anyone shed some light on what is the problem between the both of them?

buggle
17th August 2007, 01:42 AM
Yesterday when i watched the special preview of Pallikoodam, Thankar Bachan said the due to some problems he did not ask ilaiyaraja to score music for Pallikoodam and instead went for Bharadwaj, can anyone shed some light on what is the problem between the both of them?

Thangar is a weird guy..After Azhagi, he had a rift with IR and he went with Vidyasagar( i think) for Thendral(big flop)and after that he patched up with IR and worked together for Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy which had a moderate success.
Not sure what went wrong between them this time...

He always get involved in some controversy..recently he bad-mouthed about Sivaji and all those big budget movies..

app_engine
17th August 2007, 07:55 AM
Digression
Thangar bachAn? namma kaRpu nAyaki (adhu dhAnga TN'la kOvil kattittu pinna idichchAngaLE), avunga kAlil vizhundhu mannippu kEtta AL thAnE? Why do you guys take him seriously and discuss about him at par with someone like IR?...

He could not have possibly had a "rift" with IR...probably he talked something unwanted and IR would've told "OdippOnga":-))
End-digression

Let's get back to discussing IR's albums, please, pals:-)

Sanjeevi
17th August 2007, 11:23 AM
These guys want IR to involve openly in some controvercy public issues even though IR has some different opinion. That is main problem with these guys (TB, Father JG, Gnani, Saru nivedida, etc)

This is my opinion only :)

prana
17th August 2007, 12:09 PM
Guys,

There is lot of info behind these fights and hatredness.I dont want to just put my thoughts on them and get Cycle chain and Soda Bottle, as Mr.Manisegaran Said. He subsequently got a threating mail. Also i am not sure, how you people(IR'ians), will recive.

But to be precise, people who belong to IR Category, wants to use his popularity and make him their mouth piece for their statements and deeds. The other Camp, non IR Category, wants to use his, un compareble and divine, musical knowledge to scale heights and ditch him finally, after reaching the top.

But Our IR is not into both the camps, he is a demi god, who is not into any of Religion, Caste, Sect or Camps. He wants to use this diviness for good deeds.

Why IR didnt score for Thendral, is that the story had some stuff which pertained to category related. Which IR was never comfortable doing. That is the reason he didnt do "Vedam Pudhithu". He did Thevar Magan, after persuation of KAMAL and Sivaji Ganesan, or else, he wouldnt be neither in these projects.He also didnt do HEYRAM for the same reason, cause it will have lot of poilitical issues and Consequences.But later, Kamal Ji, had no go and had to persuade, raaja sir again to compose, and he did that in a day, for 7 songs, just seeing the rushes - which we all know.

These are all just my views, which i comprehend, after analysing, Raajs Sir's Career.

Please execuse me if i am wrong.

irir123
17th August 2007, 09:31 PM
prana - you are right!

in fact, IMHO, IR stopped working with Rajini, ever since Rajini started using his movies as tirades against Jaya madam and all unwanted crap! even though IR gave some entirely different reason(s) for refusing 'Periyar' - the reasons he gave could be true - his refusal has to do with this staying away from controversy

rajaalltheway
17th August 2007, 10:40 PM
As a frequent visitor to Prasad studio i have come to know that Ayya is refusing movies left to right.While working on the Hyderabad Imax sound set up i overheard Mr.Sai Prasad (the Prasad EFX head) talking to a friend,he was referring to some personal things disturbing Ayya and he is not able to concentrate in his passion,music.some big telugu banners manager nagging ayya over a new project and Ayya getting upset.Ayya send this guy away and gave consent to some crappy malayalam movie called 'SMS'.
Kamal sir had signed L.Subramanyam for Hey Ram and he wanted Subramanyam to record the bgm in Europe along with a very well known composer(Zbigniew Preisner,i think).Subramanyam declined and created a scene and demanded some huge remuneration.kamal sir scrapped the whole music,he mustve lost many lakhs(some of it was recorded at Empire,mumbai which is very expensive)and went to Ayya.After a 6 or 7 days i heard all the work on hey Ram is complete including a 3 day recording in Budapest!!!

njv
19th August 2007, 01:43 AM
some personal things disturbing Ayya and he is not able to concentrate in his passion,music.

Must be YSR divorce.

Sanjeevi
21st August 2007, 12:58 PM
http://loveismirage.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-to-name-it.html

irir123
21st August 2007, 10:50 PM
http://www.percussionkingkvbalu.com/ILAYARAJASESSIONS.HTM - interesting

app_engine
22nd August 2007, 12:00 AM
Like school kids he has posted testimonials:-)) Really interesting!

raja_fan
22nd August 2007, 12:58 PM
Sadhaarana testimonialaa adhu ?!

Vasishtar vaayaal vandhadhu illaiyaa ? :)

Namakku resume, experience letter pola, avarukku idhu payan padum polirukku..

irir123
25th August 2007, 03:54 AM
hi NJV - can you check your mail/PM pls ? thanks

irir123
25th August 2007, 04:48 AM
check this out: RPO's MySpace page has info on IR

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=79992366

writeface
27th August 2007, 10:17 PM
British artist M.I.A (a.k.a Arular) has a new album out called "Kala". The opening track Bamboo Banga features sample from "kaattu kuyilu" song from Dhalapathi. Fun song.

Wf.

writeface
27th August 2007, 10:21 PM
Looks my post is an old news already:-) Didn't see the other thread opened for this.

buggle
29th August 2007, 12:04 AM
I was reading the review of the movie Ammuvagiya Naan in behindwoods.com and found this....

"The first night scene where Bharathi is unable to demonstrate the coyness and Parthiban asking her to sleep alone for once and when she is unable to do this, he hands her a walkman with a Ilayaraja's "Nothing but wind" tune, will surely catch you unawares"

thumburu
29th August 2007, 01:52 PM
buggle, Iam not surprised by your observation. The new age MDs are so woefully short of creative ideas and knowledge in music that they resort to these shameful remixes or plagiarism at the drop of a hat. They have not even spared the Mallu movies. While watching a malayalam movie during the Onam programmes in aAsianet channel, I heard an IR's song itself ripped off as bgm . Idhu enga poi mudiyumo?

Sanjeevi
31st August 2007, 01:55 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/awards/n-t-r-award-for-ilayaraja_070831.html

Sanjeevi
31st August 2007, 02:05 PM
http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEO20070808225736&Page=O&Title=Thiruvananthapuram&Topic=0

Sanjeevi
31st August 2007, 05:19 PM
http://indolink.com/tamil/cinema/Specials/98/August/Raja1_2.htm

Vaz
31st August 2007, 06:40 PM
I had a chance to listen to low quality version of Guru (malayalam)
songs and have to say they were quite astonishing! I was really happy to have stumbled upon it!

Does anybody know where I can have access to high quality versions of those songs?? Quite eager to get my hands on them!

Also listened to Sooryan... and what astonishes me is that nowadays his songs in Malayalam are far more creative than the ones in Tamil... Why is it so? The directors in Tamil are not inspiring him more than that? Anyway this is just my opinion...

Again if anybody could help me get my hands on Guru songs it will be great...

Thanks.

app_engine
1st September 2007, 12:06 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2007/08/31/stories/2007083150310100.htm

Report on NTR award...Looks like they gave to Shivaji earlier...

app_engine
1st September 2007, 12:11 AM
Recently I saw "Guru" (malayALam) on a video cassette with not-so-good audio quality...couldn't appreciate the BGM much because of lack of clarity, got to be phenomenal...need to get a DVD to watch...movie was below-average, the director probably wanted to imitate Hollywood in the "dream / vision" part of the story but was mostly irritating...deserved to be the utter flop it was, despite an impressive array of stars / technicians...

Still I won't mind watching again (may be closing the eyes)...fantastic piece of work by the maestro...

raja_fan
2nd September 2007, 01:09 PM
NTR award..

One of the jury is Mohan Babu who is known to be a staunch admirer of IR. So no surprise that it is given to IR.

Similarly Ambareesh..he is a congress bigwig and MP. So AP government has decided his name too..

Not sure about Krishna..whether he deserves at all !? Since I don't know what is his achievement other than acting in a vast number of films..

So Indian awards are still governed by personal or political likes and dislikes..though IR very well deserves this honour !

Sanjeevi
2nd September 2007, 02:38 PM
Not sure about Krishna..whether he deserves at all !? Since I don't know what is his achievement other than acting in a vast number of films..

Note his son Makesh babu is rocking telugu film industry now.
:)

raja_fan
2nd September 2007, 03:36 PM
Oh ! That is the achievement ?! :)

soukavi
3rd September 2007, 10:11 AM
read this link :D
http://blog.richmondtamilsangam.org/search/label/%E0%AE%87%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%88%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%B0%E0%A E%BE%E0%AE%9C%E0%AE%BE

Sanjeevi
3rd September 2007, 04:13 PM
Saturday night 8 pm in "Enno Pattu Padungal" at JeyaTV, director Manobala worship IR a lot for IR's work in his first success venture "Pillainila". He mentioned about the scintillating BGM and the evergreen song "Raja magal roja malar". Moreover he said the audio company released BGM track alone as a cassette.

Wov what a song, but I really missed this song in my life. Want to listen now

raja_fan
3rd September 2007, 10:27 PM
Sanjeevi,

Yes, I was thinking of posting this news :)

Also Manobala told "IR is the Gary Goldsmith of India ( Gary Goldsmith is the composer of hollywood classics like 'The Omen' and "Exorcist" etc". SPB quipped "IR is not Goldsmith. He is Platinum Smith" :)

But I was really surprised when Manobala corrected the contestant that it is "Roja Malar" not "Roja Magal"..

It is actually "Roja Magal" only. Wonder how Manobala can forget the lines of the song of his own film.

And suprising that you have not listened to this song before..Go and get in cooltoad :)

raja_fan
3rd September 2007, 10:29 PM
Oops ! It is "Jerry Goldsmith" , not "Gary Goldsmith" ! :)

app_engine
3rd September 2007, 11:20 PM
same way, it is "rAjA mahaL, rOja malar" and not rOja mahaL:-)

raja_fan
4th September 2007, 07:36 AM
app_engine,

No Boss. It is "Roja Magal" only !

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.5197/

prana
4th September 2007, 11:55 AM
Did u people Watch "Yenodu Pattu Padungal", SPB Programme in Jaya, last week. One of Participant Sang the "Pillai Nila", Movie Song. It seems it was directed by Mano Bala(News for me), Post the song, Mano Bala Started, Like this.

"When i said to Raaja Sir, that, only one song is required", Raaja Sir had Asked"Yenaya Oru Pattu Pothuma". Than it seems MB has said that, the movie has a relavance to Ghost Subject, and felt, one song should be there, and which should be haunting all through the movie. "Mano Bala, Continued, that, he wanted a BGM of OMAN and Exorsist, Kind, with the taking Composer's Name "Raaja was really amazed at his, knowlegde on Western Composers, and Prasied Him". "Yenaya Paratinathu'm Illama, Oru Pattu'a Vetchu, Full Padathiyum, asithiruparu"

Post to that, he continued "Raaja Sir,, used to complete the BGM for the Movies in Three days, those days, only for my movie, he took around 5 Days, with great BGM's, and ECHO released BGM's Separately" and Continued, saying, his first movie was flop, but in this movie, with one Song he was in Top", he said "Only One man can do that, thatbis Raaja Sir"

Was nice heariing from him, I think, SPB has some wat, again patched up with Raaja Sir, For Kalyana Malai" Song, HE ANOUNCED THIS WAY "padam - Puthu Puthu Arthangal, pADAL - vALLI, iSAI - yEN uYIRU nANBAN, iLLAIRAAJA, pADIYATHU - aVAN uYUIRU nANBAB spb.

thumburu
4th September 2007, 02:27 PM
"piLLai nila" had another scintillating duet by SJ and MV "Azhage Azhage ennodu vaa" and as usual SJ's voice would sizzle through out this lovely keeravani number.

Shankar
5th September 2007, 02:41 PM
app,
it is indeed "Raja magaL...roja magaL" and not "malar"...the latter is a b/w classic :-)

Sanjeevi
5th September 2007, 03:38 PM
மனோஜ் கிரியேஷன்ஸ் நிறுவனம் தயாரிக்கும் தொலைக்காட்சித் தொடர் "தெற்கத்திப் பொண்ணு'. இந்தத் தொடரில் முக்கிய கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நெப்போலியன் நடிக்கிறார்.

நடிகைகள் ரஞ்சிதா, சொர்ணமால்யா உள்ளிட்டோர் நடிக்கும் இந்தத் தொடரை இயக்குநர் பாரதிராஜா இயக்குகிறார். இளையராஜா இசை அமைக்கிறார்.

courtesy : R.Latha
http://mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1178887#1178887

I think for raaja it is more BR facter than MK

prana
5th September 2007, 06:09 PM
<I think for raaja it is more BR facter than MK>

Yeah Thats True, in the "CINEMA" Casette Release, it seems he said, that, when i started, writing My Auto Biography, i had spend considerable time about BR, that is When i, realised,that BR is part of my evolution as a Human.

Also in "Varalatru Suvudugal", he did, spend explaining, his adolesence, which had more BR Part.

MR - Do any of you, know, the tussle between, Raaja Sir and MR. I suppose it is because of MR's Brother, GV, who was the main reason behind the fight.

raja_fan
5th September 2007, 09:41 PM
Just now saw the trailer of "Namma Kudumbam" on Kalaignar TV.

They show Raja singing the title song. I think the female voice is Chitra.

Raja sirithu konde paadugiraar..

Paarkkum namakko vayiru erigiradhu..Thamizh naatil pirandha ore kutrathirkkaaga indha maaperum medhaikku indha gathiyaa endru :(

buggle
5th September 2007, 10:42 PM
Some of the tit bits are new to me..
IR himself played the mridhangam for Megam kottatum(Enakul Oruvan) and he played harmonium for Putham puthu kaalai(Alaigal Oyivathillai)

http://www.geocities.com/ilaiyaragam/titbits.htm

raja_fan
6th September 2007, 06:57 AM
Is it "PAruvame.." from Nenjathai Killaadhe or "Putham Pudhu.." from AO ?

Because the site says "Putham pudhu.." from NK..?!
I know Paruvame has a nice harmonium piece.

Sanjeevi
10th September 2007, 06:44 PM
[tscii:1f22506b69]Don't miss Ilayaraja interview in Kalaignar TV on the debut day, Sep 15, Saturday at

08.30am – 09.00am - Interview with Maestro Ilayaraja
[/tscii:1f22506b69]

raja_fan
10th September 2007, 08:49 PM
Just half an hour !? :(

selvakumar
10th September 2007, 09:03 PM
Just half an hour !? :(
Aduvae perusu ! :wink:
Any reason behind why he is not giving interview often?
Or it is me who is wrong :oops:

app_engine
11th September 2007, 12:36 AM
Movie title-song sentiment mAdhiri, TV inauguration sentiment'A?:-)

raja_fan
11th September 2007, 06:52 AM
I think he will speak about MK or the serial he is working on, rather than an interview..

In that half an hour, God knows how many Ads in between :)

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 08:33 AM
raja_fan

i think u r right :)

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 04:58 PM
check www.buzz18.com

Cheeni kum on top spot at top 5 DVDs sold list

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 05:16 PM
yet another ....

http://vijayshekar.sulekha.com/blog/post/2007/09/ms-viswanathan-vs-ilaiyaraja-vs-ar-rahman.htm

Sanjeevi
11th September 2007, 10:12 PM
Another film for Ilaiyaraja?

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/malayalam/article/33518.html

raja_fan
12th September 2007, 06:58 AM
hmm...let us hope atleast this to hit the theatres :)

Also, we hope Fazil to come back after his last hit KM in 1997..

app_engine
13th September 2007, 08:09 PM
http://dinamalar.com/2007sep13/kalki.asp

Raja's love for Gandhiji...

rajasaranam
15th September 2007, 03:29 PM
I think he will speak about MK or the serial he is working on, rather than an interview..

Not anything like what you expected.
The program was simply superb. It showed IR composing and recording songs for the movie 'Mayilu'. Every single song was excellent. Iam already humming some of the songs. This is going to be one great album from IR in recent times :victory: I hope somebody had recorded the program and upload it soon.

Sanjeevi
16th September 2007, 12:37 AM

The program was simply superb. It showed IR composing and recording songs for the movie 'Mayilu'. Every single song was excellent. Iam already humming some of the songs. This is going to be one great album from IR in recent times :victory: I hope somebody had recorded the program and upload it soon.

:oops:
I missed due to some commitments

irir123
16th September 2007, 07:33 AM
rajasaranam - which earlier IR album wud you compare 'mayilu' with in terms of quality, variety and genre ?? mudal mariyadhai ? kadhalukku mariyadhai ??

irir123
16th September 2007, 07:37 AM
rajasaranam - which earlier IR album wud you compare 'mayilu' with in terms of quality, variety and genre ?? mudal mariyadhai ? kadhalukku mariyadhai ??

NagaS
16th September 2007, 05:00 PM
I hope somebody had recorded the program and upload it soon.

I have recorded a very bad audio version from my mobile phone, don't want to upload it because of the quality, I hope (and wish) somebody would have got the video, The program was excellent and it was showing the level of details IR gets into when it comes to composing / teaching people / focus on lyrics, getting the word right ("Yaarppa athu paattudhaan-nnu paadaRathu? 'paattuththaan'nu paadaNum, sariyaa?")

Another interesting thing to watch was, the way he was talking to everyone with a smile / humor in words ("Ennamma tamil paattu englishla ezuthi vechchu padikkariyaa?", "Unakku intha thaaLam puriyalai, Ellaaththaiyum saerththu practice paNNu, ippa aaLai vidu"), He seems to be a 'easy to go' person (atleast when he is talking to singers / musicians / director etc.,)

The best part was, when he was teaching Bhavadharini, how to sing 'Yaaththee' with a sort of kaathal / viraga dhaabam in voice ("Verumane yaaththe-nnu oppichchaa enna pirayojanam? antha feeling vara veNaamaa?"), I wonder why he is using Bhavadharini for this song, if she cant' even get the emotion that the song wants,

There were three songs that they 'preview'ed in this program - Nammaloda paattu, Kirukki araikkirukku, Yaaththee Yaaththee ... All three were good tunes and it seems IR is using all natural instruments for this album (My Guess Only, He didn't mention it)

My Audios, ... If nobody posts a decent video version till tomorrow evening (IST), I will upload it and share the link here!

NagaS

raja_fan
17th September 2007, 07:51 AM
"Yaathee..." song was good to hum. But now i forgot the tune..

raja_fan
17th September 2007, 09:47 AM
The program was simply superb. It showed IR composing and recording songs for the movie 'Mayilu'. Every single song was excellent. Iam already humming some of the songs. This is going to be one great album from IR in recent times I hope somebody had recorded the program and upload it soon.

Yes ! I am very happy that my expectation went wrong :)
But I could watch the program only after that "Yaathee" song recording..It would be great if some body had recorded it and upload it !

thumburu
17th September 2007, 03:53 PM
Watched this kinda rarest of rare programme in parts amidst all my "kozhakattai" galaatta for "neivedhyam". Somehow another "naattupura" thing in IR's kitty didnt enthuse me enough and the mediocre tune of "nambaloda paattu" recording session only added to my disinterest. The rythm for "kirukki" kindled my fading interest a bit and Bhava managed to douse it with her hopeless voice. hm.. reminds me of "kaakkaikkum than kunju poN kunju"
The highlight was, towards the end of the programme IR playing one of Bach's concertos with his nimble fingers on his pet harmonium and interpreting the same in our carnatic style Hamsadhwani!!!

Shankar
17th September 2007, 09:03 PM
It was a partita that he played.

raja_fan
18th September 2007, 01:00 PM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/4294/

Rajni-Kamal-MR combo..

Will this be true ?

If so, will IR be roped in for this ?

rajasaranam
18th September 2007, 07:39 PM
When The remake of Pithamagan in kannada was announced i was happy that IR is going to compose and thought of getting some variations of his haunting scores. Incidentally the movie titled 'Anatharu' is released but the composer's name is 'Sadhu kokila' who is also the director of the movie. He has shamelessly ripped off the tracks from Pithamagan and released it under his own name :(
Listen to believe how shameless people can get
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/kannada/s/movie_name.9310/

same thing happened two or three years back when Swathimuthyam/sippikkul muthu was remade. every single song was lifted and released under some one else's name.
I also listen to the songs 'Ennai thaalaatta varuvalo' and 'Rakkamma kaiyaa thattu' etc., here in bangalore often but the composer's names are different. Atleast there should be some credit given to the original composers DO they do it is a big question :?:

irir123
18th September 2007, 09:03 PM
disclaimer: NO OFFENCE MEANT TO ANY PARTICULAR COMMUNITY/GROUP OF PEOPLE

rajasaranam - overall most people of Karnataka are NOT as knowledgeable and discerning when it comes to movies or film music - thats the reason why every other composer shamelessly lifts tunes from others, left, right and center!

app_engine
22nd September 2007, 12:40 AM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-09-26/pg17.php
அரசு பதில்களில் 75 ஆண்டு காலத்தமிழ்த்திரை வரலாற்றில் சிறந்த 10 படங்கள்: (60% ராசா படங்கள்)
சந்திரலேகா, நெஞ்சில் ஓர் ஆலயம், அவள் அப்படித்தான், தண்ணீர் தண்ணீர், உதிரிப்பூக்கள், 16 வயதினிலே, மூன்றாம் பிறை, முதல் மரியாதை, நாயகன், காதல்.

njv
22nd September 2007, 12:53 PM
devar magan yeppadi vittaanga.

rajasaranam
30th September 2007, 05:42 PM
Romba kashtapattu Thaeditaen engayum net'la Kalaingar TV interview illa :(
Oru nanbar avar mobile vachu record panna romba low-fi kadaisi 10 nimida vishayangal kedaichathu atha upload panni irukaen Kelunga 'Yaathae song is gonna be a sure hit' instant appeal irukku antha paattukku :)
http://www.esnips.com/doc/f2747d84-dbdc-4fbe-83ba-fea69da14789/Kalaignar-TV-Raaja-Interview

NagaS,

You said that you have recorded the full program. Please Upload that :ty:

NagaS
30th September 2007, 09:49 PM
NagaS,

You said that you have recorded the full program. Please Upload that :ty:

Yeah, I have done that, But its low quality (recorded from mobile phone, with many disturbances) and in a format called *.amr (May be Nokia's audio format?)

If I upload it as a zipped attachment in rapidshare.com will it be okay? Will it be 'listen'able by everyone? Or there is an easy option?

NagaS

netfriend4u2005
2nd October 2007, 01:44 AM
>> I also listen to the songs 'Ennai thaalaatta varuvalo'
>> and 'Rakkamma kaiyaa thattu' etc., here in bangalore often but >> the composer's names are different. Atleast there should be
>> some credit given to the original composers DO they do it is a >> big question ##

Well its NOT new for a Indian Tamilan particularly for not crediting. Any way the NORTH Indians do not credit Tamilians unless they are forced to credit. But when a neighbouring south Indian state does that its really painful to keep hearing this again and again.

We should stop taking help or depending upon the neighbouring state, may be then things will be different I hope, including water.

No offence to any one. True state of the Independent India today.

raja_fan
2nd October 2007, 08:08 AM
I know Kannada friends who know about IR and acknowledge his talent. But the problem is that Kannadigas are not so much interested in cinema as we are in TN, Kerala or Andhra.

So they really don't care about the inner details like "who takes credit", "who was the original", plagiarism etc..

app_engine
2nd October 2007, 09:17 PM
http://www.newkerala.com/oct.php?action=fullnews&id=7733
says IR's vocal with YSR as MD is topping the charts...(கற்றது தமிழ்)...

Can someone list all the songs that IR has sung for other MD's?...not more than 10-15 of them, I guess...

rooky
3rd October 2007, 07:55 PM
Let me list the ones that i know..

Movie:Ullasam-MD:KR, Song:Yaaro..Yaar
Movie:UnnaicharanAdainthaen-MD:SPB/MSV-Song:Natpu
Movie:Album-MD:KR, Song:Thazhampoo
Movie:Kathalakathala-MD:KR, Song:Thathigidathom
Movie:KudaikulMazhai-MD:KR, Song:Adiyae
Movie:Pattiyal-MD:Yuvan,Song:Namma Kaattila
Movie:Paruthiveeran-MD:Yuvan,Song:Ariyatha
Movie:Maamadurai-MD:KR,Song:maduraimadurai
Movie:TamilMA-MD:Yuvan-Song:ParavayinKootil

This should be complete or close to complete :)

entertainment
4th October 2007, 03:34 AM
Add these to the list,

Movie:Nandha-MD:YSR, Song:Engengo Kalgall
Movie:Nandha-MD:YSR, Song:Amma Endralae

Sanjeevi
4th October 2007, 11:29 AM
ஊரைக் கலக்கும் ராஜா பாட்டு!

கற்றது தமிழ் படத்தில் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜாவின் இசையில் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா பாடியுள்ள பாடல் பெரும் ஹிட் ஆகியுள்ளது.

Click here for more images

ராம் படத்தில் அட்டகாசமாக இசையமைத்திருந்தார் யுவன் ஷங்கர் ராஜா. அப்படத்தின் பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் அசத்தின. அதன் பின்னர் தற்போது அதே ஜீவாவுக்காக, கற்றது தமிழ் படத்தில் கலக்கலாக இசையமைத்துள்ளார் யுவன்.

பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் வெளியான சூட்டிலேயே ஹிட் ஆகியுள்ளன. குறிப்பாக இளையராஜாவின் குரலில் ஒலிக்கும் பறவையாய் என்னை ஆக்கி விட்டாய் என்ற பாடல் இதயத்தை வருடுவதாக உள்ளது.

மொத்தம் உள்ள 6 பாடல்களுமே கேட்பதற்கு இனிமையாக உள்ளது. ஆடியோ ரிலீஸ் லேட் ஆனாலும், பாடல்கள் அனைத்தும் படு டேஸ்ட்டாக வந்துள்ளன.

இசைப் பிரியர்களின் இதயங்களை கற்றது தமிழ் பாடல்கள் வருடும் என்பதில் சந்தேகம் இல்லை. படம் டிசம்பர் 5ம் தேதி ரிலீஸாகிறது.

Sanjeevi
4th October 2007, 11:31 AM
link for above message

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/illayaraaja-song-rules-the-charts.html

raja_fan
4th October 2007, 03:52 PM
Yes ! that song haunts you.

But I am not happy with the second charanam. It wanders somewhere and then comes back. Yuvan needs to improve on these things..

itsmuls
4th October 2007, 04:31 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/33890.html

Raj Kiran back to his best
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, October 03, 2007]

Having tasted success in his comeback bid, actor Raj Kiran is planning to revive his production house Red Sun Creations. He is planning to produce and direct two films simultaneously.

Remember Raj Kiran had rendered three back-to-back hits in his production venture - En Rasavin Manasilae, Aranmanai Kili and Ellamae En Rasathan.

Raj Kiran has titled the two films Chinthamani and Malai Kallan. Ilayaraja has been roped in to score music for the movie and that Raj Kiran would play the lead roles in both the films.

A formal announcement is expected very soon.

---------------------------------------------

HOPE WE SHALL HEAR SOON SONGS LIKE, KUYIL PAATTU, RASAVEY UNNAI VIDA MAATEAN, ORU SANTHANA......

itsmuls
5th October 2007, 03:09 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14537862

Rajni denies Mani-Kamal film!

Rajnikanth has denied that he is doing a film with Kamal Hassan, directed by Mani Ratnam, as made out by the Tamil print media. Rajni told a selected few journalists after watching a special show of Chiranjeevi's son Ram Charan Tej's launch Telugu film Chiruta at Four Frames preview theatre in Chennai.

Rajnikanth said: "No such film has come to me or was discussed. All the news of Kamal producing my next movie in the direction of Mani is false. I haven't yet decided on future projects," Rajni says he is just taking it easy and it will take some time for him to even start looking for a script for his next film.

For the last few weeks the local media has been full of colourful stories on Rajni-Kamal-Mani coming together with even the national English news channels playing it up. When the rumour started in the Tamil press, Moviebuzz had stated that it is an "imagination running wild, and the project would never become a reality."

raja_fan
5th October 2007, 06:56 PM
How authentic is this news by Sify ?

"selected few journalists" - This casts doubt on the news item :)

Also see the comment of one reader below in that link.

Anyways.., let us wait for just one month !
Kamal may come out with the truth just before or after Dasavadhaaram's release..

rajasaranam
5th October 2007, 07:20 PM
How authentic is this news by Sify ?

"selected few journalists" - This casts doubt on the news item :)

Also see the comment of one reader below in that link.

Anyways.., let us wait for just one month !
Kamal may come out with the truth just before or after Dasavadhaaram's release..

Ada Paavi un ethirpaarpukku oru alavae illaya (NOM) :)

crvenky
6th October 2007, 01:24 PM
Hi,

I heard that there was a news on Kalaignar TV wherein CM stated that he is starting an international quality Music University on the request of Maestro, with his technical assistance.

Looks like Uliyin Osai audio is released today @ Prasad Studios.

Can somebody confirm the above news?

Sanjeevi
6th October 2007, 01:29 PM
I think film process starts today

selvakumar
6th October 2007, 04:31 PM
I am much happy to see Rajkiran back.
That guy has a terrific music sense and still songs of En Rasavin Manasile and Aranmanaikili are fresh in my mind
I would be happy to see IR recreating that magic with him
But not sure whether Rajkiran will be able to produce those movies now :oops:

rajaalltheway
7th October 2007, 04:28 PM
[tscii:ead146899a]Excerpts from interview with noted Malayalam writer director Dennis Joseph beamed in Asianet Channel.
Dennis Joseph made his debut in movie direction with the movie ADHARVAM starring Mammooty,Parvathy,Ganesh Kumar and Charuhaasan back in 1988.Silk Smitha played a very important role, one of the few with some substance in her entire career. It was produced by EERAALI,one of the big time producers in Kerala in the 80s.
“when I got the chance to do ADHARVAM the first decision made was music has to be from none other than Isaignani Ilaiyaraaja.I was his diehard fan and the supernatural theme of the movie begged for Maestros compositions. Off I went to Chennai and somehow managed to talk to Isaignanis associate at Prasad Studio. The immediate answer was negative. I tried other sources including directors like I.V.Sasi and Joshi and atlast got to meet him in person. Seeing that I was adamant and the project was real with superstar Mammootys presence I got a yes as answer. He was so busy then he hardly got time to talk with me. In between I was informed that Maestros price was Rs.500,000/-.My producer almost died of heart attack. His brand new Contessa car then cost around Rs.165,000/-.
I waited till evening 7pm and when the great man came out of the studio found me with tears in eyes. I told him my producers plight and surprised me with a hearty laugh. He asked me how much was the charge usually paid to top notch Malayalam Mrs.I had seen Shyam and Ravindran getting 10,000 to 15,000 rupees. I lied that it was around Rs.25,000/-.He said I will accept that. In a few days we recorded masterpieces like ‘Poovay Virinju’,’Puzhayorathil poo thoni’ immortalized by Smitha and my favorite naga song ‘ambilikalayum’.The last tune was composed in less than 10 minutes. I was not quiet happy and sure about the tune and its outcome but when the track was recorded I was bowled away, it was just an authentic rustic kerala ‘navooru’ song.
The movie released and the songs were a rage. The movie did well too. The climax mayhem scenes were lifted to a new level with high quality background score and superior re-recording.
Isaignani never saw the Rs.25,000/- promised by my producer and he not even once bothered my producer asking for it.I met him after ADHARVAM a number of times and the it was just warm smiles and pats on the back,not a single word about the fee he never received.I haven’t heard him mentioning it in any interview or to someone I knew..amazing personality "
[/tscii:ead146899a]

irir123
7th October 2007, 09:37 PM
rajaalltheway: that is just one of so many instances, when IR has literally composed free for many people!

ezy0265
7th October 2007, 11:12 PM
Dear Someone,

Please help provide the songs or links to Therkkathi Kallan songs. I have only got 'Radha Alaikiraal' and 'Thilla Thaangu'.

Please help with the other two, especially the 'Kannukkula Thookkam Potchu' gem.

Am also searching for "Nadu Roadu" from Ecchil Iravugal and "Raagame" from Ketti Melam.

Many Thanks in advance.

app_engine
8th October 2007, 09:47 PM
IR's request to mu-kA for music university:
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14539032

Digression:
I'm amazed at how much time mu-kA can spend for movies and related stuff...one of the following 3 is true:
a) He has still lot of energy (so as to take care of his public office respo plus these)
b) Good delegation to take care of most affairs
c) Focus only on these while important decisions wait and people suffer...in some aspects, effects will not be known now, but only in long term...
End-digression

crvenky
9th October 2007, 03:45 PM
IR's speech at Uliyin Osai pooja:
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/oct/081007a.asp

app_engine
15th October 2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=17414

Raja in the list of Shantanu Moitra's idols...(BTW, how good are the songs of parineeta & lage raho munnabhai?)

raja_fan
16th October 2007, 09:20 AM
Though IR is popular among the MDs in the north, he is less known among the listeners there. CK might have improved this a bit. Let us hope "Pa" will improve the scenario to a greater extent :)

rajasaranam
16th October 2007, 11:55 AM
Oh yeah! Shanthanu moitra never fails to mention Raaja in any of his interviews :)
Here is one of his old interviews where he has said the same :)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/7875/3/music_director/291/
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2005/jun/09shan.htm

rajasaranam
16th October 2007, 11:57 AM
BTW I saw the posters of 'aa Dinagalu' releasing on 19th in bangalore. can somebody tell which are the theatres its going to be released???

Sanjeevi
16th October 2007, 11:31 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2007/10/16/meera-jasmine-going-steady.html

itsmuls
22nd October 2007, 01:19 PM
[tscii:4103a9661a]What will IR do in Ezhu ?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/oct-07-03/19-10-07-ezhu.html

Shruti Kamal snubs Venkat Prabhu

After the phenomenally successful Chennai 28, actor-turned-director Venkat Prabhu is up and running with his next project. Yet another venture with debutants, the movie, titled Ezhu (7), will have the Telugu director Gothandrama Reddy’s son playing the lead. Kamal’s daughter has been approached by Venkat to play the female lead.

However, she turned down the offer expressing her disinterest in films.

Following which, Venkat Prabhu is on the hunt for his heroine for Ezhu. Ezhu will also have Vikram’s brother Arvind playing the villain making his big screen entry. Besides, Jayaram will play a pivotal role in the movie. Venkat also has plans to rope in music maestro Ilayaraja for Ezhu.

Ezhu, produced by T. Siva under the banner of Amma creations, will have Yuvan Shankar Raja scoring music.

------------------[/tscii:4103a9661a]

rajasaranam
22nd October 2007, 04:12 PM
To make IR Act in movies or make him direct a movie are long standing wishes of his cine industry fans. May be this one such attempt :)

raja_fan
22nd October 2007, 04:25 PM
Yerkkanave MSV act panna try panni vazhindhu kottiyadhu podhum.. At least IR indha thavarai seiyya vendaam..

Yaarum irukkum idatthil irundhu vittaal ellaam soukkiyame..

Dragun
23rd October 2007, 02:17 AM
Getting IR to act or direct reminds me of this quote from the comedian Mitch Hedberg:

As a comedian, they want you do other things besides comedy. 'OK, you're a comedian, can you write? Write us a script. Act. Act in this sitcom.' They want you do sh*t that's related to comedy, but it's not comedy, it's not fair. It's as though I was a cook, I worked my ass off to become a really good cook, and they say 'OK, you're a good cook. But can you farm?'

rajasaranam
23rd October 2007, 05:15 PM
Dragun,

Iam not sure about acting but I've feeling that he may direct well if the script is good. Where he will have the freedom to explore the visuals for the musical images running around in his mind :)
Vishal bharadwaj has shown the way already!!!

app_engine
23rd October 2007, 08:19 PM
ராசா பாட ஒரு லட்சம்...
http://dailythanthi.com/cn/cn_home.asp?issuedate=10/23/2007&secid=2

raja_fan
24th October 2007, 08:22 AM
Idhu romba old news !

app_engine
24th October 2007, 06:34 PM
Well, it was on yesterday's newspaper:-)
That apart, I never knew about this...This is just another proof that movie making has become phenomenally expensive in Chennai. Even for most movies that Raja MD'ed, he wouldn't have got this kind of amount:-) Ofcourse there is inflation / economy growing etc., but still certain things grow out of proportion. hmmm, it's market economy anyways. Just thought it's an interesting number...

ananth222
24th October 2007, 08:04 PM
interesting note at the end, "ithu periya paadagargal vaangum sambalam"... do they imply that IR is not a "periya paadagar"? ;-)

raja_fan
24th October 2007, 09:35 PM
a_e,

I meant that already Kumudam or some other magazine said the same about IR few years back.

IR niraiya sambaadhikkiraar. Avar magan panatthai allugiraar. Aanaal thiruvasagam pondra parisodhanai muyarchigalukku mattum makkal panatthai Kaetkkiraar !
Adhil aayiratthu ettu kuzhappangal..charchaigal..Raja oru puriyaadha pudhir thaan..

app_engine
24th October 2007, 10:00 PM
r_f,
This news clip talks about IR's charge to sing for other MD's...I don't think there are that many such numbers " few years back" warranting a Kumudam report...(even overall not that many; in this thread or somewhere else such songs were listed, < 20 or so)...My point was not to drag IR's earnings. IMO, his life-time earnings are horribly little compared to his output, thanks to the state of economy in India during his prime time. He is just a little better off than those proverbial "monetarily struggling artists" (a long list that unfortunately included even MSV at some point of time)

திறமைசாலிகள் நிறைய சம்பாதிக்கட்டும்...வாழ்த்துவோம்...

raja_fan
25th October 2007, 06:54 AM
a_e,

Avar Sambaadhipadhil enakku poraamaiyo aatchebanaiyo illai :)

Aanaal thannudaiya muyarchigalukku makkal sambaadhiyatthai nambi avar iruppadhu konjam nerudalaaga irukku..:(

Ok..let us leave this here :) otherwise we will digress a lot.

rooky
25th October 2007, 05:06 PM
As far as i know,he was earning quite a good salary in his peak times.We saw this also in the last page about interview with noted Malayalam writer director Dennis Joseph,the same is mentioned (as 5 lakh per movie).IR was doing like more than 60to 70 movies per year in his peak time (Tamil and Telugu included) and thats definitely big money,which other MDs could only have dreamt of.

As per an internet article sometime back (ya.. from thatstamil) regarding tamil MDs salary,it said IR is getting 25 Lakhs now,which again is quite a good salary.

He deserved/deserves good salary and i think,he would not complain much about that.

I always felt happier to know that IR infact was paid well and that he is monetarily in a very good position.

I am also happy that one of his sons is among the most sought after MDs in Tamil Filmdom.

Dailythanthi last week reported that Yuvan increased his salary from 65 lakhs to 1 crore,so that he could be little more choosy :)

Kattrullapoathe thootrikkol :)

buggle
29th October 2007, 11:22 PM
Not sure anyone noticed this..in SunTV mastana mastana(dance programme for tv actors/actress) on sundays, on that show at the end one of the pair gets eliminated based on their performance..so they are using Aboorva Sahotharargal BGM for that..initially they were using HTNI, but last few weeks i notice AS BGM

Sanjeevi
29th October 2007, 11:37 PM
Not sure anyone noticed this..in SunTV mastana mastana(dance programme for tv actors/actress) on sundays, on that show at the end one of the pair gets eliminated based on their performance..so they are using Aboorva Sahotharargal BGM for that..initially they were using HTNI, but last few weeks i notice AS BGM

yes I noticed

Athu mattuma,

1) In Malaikottai movie, asaiya kathula & aayiram malargalae along with aatho athorama remix
2) In Arasi serial, pothi vacha malligai mottu as BGM for comedy love scene
3) hmmmmmmmm

rajaalltheway
30th October 2007, 10:14 PM
Salary for Ayya as far as I know(being a regular Prasad studio visitor) is not an issue at all.He was paid an astronomical sum for the unreleased TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR,the producer Welgate Verghese being a hardcore fan of Ayya.Ayya had donated almost half the money to a temple or he bought something precious for the temples deity.Later TTLS got embroiled in some animal rights controversy and the producer was almost ruined.Ayya and Verghese had many plans including joint productions.To help him Ayya returned the whole amount to Verghese including the donated amount.Kumar,venkat prabhu/amaran sirs assistant told me this.Same way Ayya charges almost nothing or just bare minimum from Sathyan Anthikad when they work together but for JAYARAMS Sooryan he did the normal thing.I think Ayya has seen many a crores back in the 80s itself.Anyone staying nearby Tnagar in the early nineties wouldve seen karthik Raja zooming around in an MR2.I used to look at it in awe when he came and parked at Prasad for PAANDIYAN recording.As soon as Yuvan got license he was given a BMW 3 series and holidayed in NICE.Ayya and money are old buddies

app_engine
2nd November 2007, 09:58 PM
http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=17686
...lyricist intro'd in Time (Telugu) tasting success. The interesting part is the appreciation of this song by another MD...

buggle
3rd November 2007, 06:48 PM
Now what's cookin...everytime RK meets IR and we expect soemething, but eventually nothing comes out of it..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-07-01/03-11-07-rajini.html

njv
3rd November 2007, 08:50 PM
http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=17686
...lyricist intro'd in Time (Telugu) tasting success. The interesting part is the appreciation of this song by another MD...

Times paatai raagavi kettu magizhungal.

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/A0000616.html

-nandri

raja_fan
3rd November 2007, 10:30 PM
This week Ananda Vikatan has Devi Sri Prasad's interview.

Some sparks from his interview :

* Yen kula deivam Ilaiyaraja.

* Veettil ennai kalyanam pannikka solli force panraanga. Raja sir maadhiri oru paatu pottuttaa podhum. Apparam naan kalyanathukku ready.

* City Disco-vaaga irundhaalum sari..pattikkaatu tea kadai-aa irundhalum sari..New year-kku "Ilamai idho" paatu thaan olikkum !

* Guitarai eduthaal "ilaya nila.." paattil urugi vidugiren.."Then paandi seemaiyile.." paattu kettaal kasindhu vidugiren.

Devi Sri poses in a calm devoted manner in front of a life size photo of smiling Ilaiyaraja :)

MumbaiRamki
4th November 2007, 12:45 PM
Cheeni Kum BGMs !

Hi ,cheeni kum BGMs ..i was able to rip only a small portion of it ..majority of it is burried under the dialogs :0
Some one asked me abt the small rock bit raaja had done .check the file amitabh_angry_rock_raaja_rock.wma in the zip
It is just a 10 sec music, but u might be surprised a bit !

http://rapidshare.com/files/67317395/bgm_sakkarai_kammi.zip.html

My fav is run_amitabh_run.wma ..esp how he ends the scene ..KR said that IR music requires nothing, it touches ur heart straight - How true !

If my strange luck i get Maayakannadi DVD i will rip the BGMs from it .

crvenky
4th November 2007, 01:05 PM
Mumbai Ramki,

I had uploaded the BGMs here:

http://www.rakkamma.com/bgm.phtml?dir=Cheeni%20Kum/

http://www.rakkamma.com/bgm.phtml?dir=Mayakkannadi/

raja_fan
5th November 2007, 10:04 AM
Now what's cookin...everytime RK meets IR and we expect soemething, but eventually nothing comes out of it..

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-07-01/03-11-07-rajini.html

Same news here !

http://www.tamilfilmratings.com/news/fullnews.asp?ref=1494

Oru velai appadi irukkumo...illai ippadi irukkumo...?

Rajni-kku vera velai illai. Summaa Mani, IR-nu meet panni namma mandayai udaikkiraar :)

One thing to note..Rajni had only denied a film under Kamal's banner. He reportedly did not comment on the rumour with Mani..So appadi irukkumo ? :) :)

crvenky
5th November 2007, 04:13 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2007/nov/051107.asp

raja_fan
5th November 2007, 07:29 PM
Good !

Ippadiyum irukkalaam :)

Few months ago, there was a report in "The Hindu" saying that some guy is trying to get Rajni's call sheet to act as Raghavendra devotee in his film. May be Rajni will be acting in this movie for his own satisfaction and he wants IR to score as it is a spiritual subject ??

May be, may not be.., but these rumors are enough to get me excited :) :)

buggle
5th November 2007, 07:41 PM
This one is little different..

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2007/11/rajini-meets-raja.html

It says IR did recommend Vidyasagar for Chandramukhi and he came for audio release of that movie..i don't remember that, can someone confirm?
Also only audio release function he atteneded(not IR as the MD) was Bharathiraaja new movie, HR as the MD(forgot the name of the movie)

raja_fan
6th November 2007, 06:30 AM
Not sure.

But these things are true.

1. IR and VS share a close rapport. Evident from IR's visit to VS's son wedding reception.

2. IR helped VS by sharing the contacts of the Budapest orchestra for one of his efforts ( VS told this in one of his interview, Kamal acted as a bridge between the two ).

3. Rajni pressurized VS to come out with IR style tunes in CM.

4. When CM was launched, there was a supplementary in The Hindu exclusively for its promo. IR was one of the celebreties whose wish message was published in that. I have not seen IR's message for any other film.

sureshmehcnit
6th November 2007, 09:26 AM
IR proved that even the smallest of music pieces can create biggest impact when used at the right time

chk out this amazing piece and guess the movie....

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2007/11/background-score-3.html

Dragun
6th November 2007, 09:43 AM
Raja_fan, do you know if IR recommended VS to compose for Periyar?

raja_fan
6th November 2007, 09:47 AM
Dragun,

No. I don't know.

But I can tell that it was impossible. Because first of all, IR and Gnana Rajasekharan ( director of Periyar ) are in bad terms with each other. So how could IR recommend some body for that movie ?

Dragun
6th November 2007, 11:12 AM
I didn't know they were on bad terms. IR did the music for Gnana Rajasekharan's previous films, Bharathi, Mugam, and Mogamul. What was the falling out? Did IR refuse to do the music for Periyar because Periyar was an atheist?

njv
6th November 2007, 11:22 AM
IR proved that even the smallest of music pieces can create biggest impact when used at the right time

chk out this amazing piece and guess the movie....

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2007/11/background-score-3.html

What was this movie.

Was this a scene where heroine is running fast to see hero!

rajasaranam
6th November 2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/34500.html

Hmmm.... Yuvanukku Budhi solra madhiri irukkattumnnu kooptirupaar pola :)

And did anybody know that the Navarathri Kolu festival at Raaja's home is much talked about in the film industry ?

crvenky
6th November 2007, 01:16 PM
njv,

Its the end title score from Sathi Leelavathi!

PeeKay
6th November 2007, 02:37 PM
Hope you guys know about Raja's UAE Concert at Sharjah International Cricket Stadium on 16th Nov. with his troupe of 87 artists including popular singers S.P.Balasubramanyam, K.S.Chithra, Madhu balakrishnan, Mano, Sadhana Sargam, Manjari, Tippu, Bhavatharani, Vijay Jesudas and Shreya Ghoshal. This programme Will be compared by the famous South Indian Stars Jayaram and Kushbu. Visit http://www.koolproductions.org for more details and online booking.

raja_fan
6th November 2007, 03:12 PM
PeeKay,

We in India, cannot attend the concert in Sharjah.

So can you let us know which TV channel has bought the rights for this event ? I think we have a feast on the coming Pongal 2008 !! :)

btw.., Sharjah international cricket stadium ?! Coool !

njv
6th November 2007, 06:31 PM
PeeKay,

We in India, cannot attend the concert in Sharjah.

So can you let us know which TV channel has bought the rights for this event ? I think we have a feast on the coming Pongal 2008 !! :)

btw.., Sharjah international cricket stadium ?! Coool !

With the way things are going, it has to be Kalaignar TV!

app_engine
6th November 2007, 09:57 PM
http://dinamalar.com/2007nov06/vikatan.asp

Devi Prasad interview in vikatan...

rajasaranam
7th November 2007, 01:17 PM
A Nostalgic Trip Written Well
http://www.geocities.com/pamritha/1004prasad.html

app_engine
9th November 2007, 10:41 PM
எஸ்.பி.பி. ராசாவையும், எம்.எஸ்.வியையும் புகழுகிறார்:

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-11-14/pg6.php

svbp007
10th November 2007, 10:45 PM
Freinds,

I just got my copy of the 5 CDs (mp3) of telugu songs recently released. Its a must have for all us fans...and there are some rare gems hidden in that set.

A detailed list of movies was posted by somebody in the ilaiyaraaja yahoo group.

Bhanu

rooky
12th November 2007, 01:15 PM
Info on IRs' Dubai concert.

NJV was bang on target.It will be shown on Kalaignar TV

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2007/11/illaiayaraja-concert-in-dubai-101107.html

raja_fan
13th November 2007, 10:14 AM
Kalaignar TV's presentation and programme content etc are not at all promising ! Long way to go.
I believe still more people watch Sun/Jaya than Kalaignar TV.
So I doubt whether this programme will create the same impact that "Andrum indrum.." created through Jaya TV.

IR-ukku enna ? Ooru rendu pattaal kalaignanukku kondaattam thaan :)

R.Latha
13th November 2007, 12:31 PM
வருகிற 16-ம் தேதி துபாயில் உள்ள சார்ஜா மைதானத்தில் இளையராஜாவின் இசைக் கச்சேரி நடைபெறுகிறது. இதில் எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்பிரமணியம், சித்ரா, சாதனா சர்கம், மனோ, ஸ்ரேயா கோஷல், விஜய் ஏசுதாஸ், திப்பு, மஞ்சரி உள்ளிட்ட பாடகர்கள் கலந்து கொண்டு பாடுகிறார்கள்.

துபாய் இசைப்பயணம் குறித்து இளையராஜா கூறியதாவது:

"துபாயில் தமிழர்களுடன் ஆந்திரா மற்றும் கேரளாவைச் சேர்ந்தவர்கள் அதிகம் தொழிலாளர்களாக பணியாற்றுகிறார்கள். இவர்களுக்காகவே இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை ஒப்புக் கொண்டேன்.அதோடு இசை நிகழ்ச்சியில் கிடைக்கும் லாபம் ஆதரவற்ற குழந்தைகள் இல்லத்துக்கு வழங்கப்படுகிறது என்று நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்துபவர்கள் சொன்னதால் ஆர்வத்துடன் கலந்து கொள்ள முன்வந்தேன்''.

இவ்வாறு இளையராஜா கூறினார்.

இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ஜனவரியில் கலைஞர் டிவியில் ஒளிபரப்பாகிறது.

raja_fan
13th November 2007, 02:34 PM
Good that Hariharan will be absent.

We can hope to hear more of the eighties than the nineties hits.

Also it is unfortunate that IR does not have GA by his side to compere.
I wonder what Jayaram and Kushboo are going to do..why not Parthiban again ?

raja_fan
13th November 2007, 02:56 PM
Regarding the rumours that Rajni-Raja may team up,

it is said that IR has been trying to launch his own production house since last year ( "Pavalar creations" was actually a partnership between IR and his brother Bhaskar. And it came to a stand still after the latter's death ).

So it could be like IR wants to launch his new banner with a grand start with Rajni !

So let us wait and watch what comes out. It can be a major treat :)

jagannn
14th November 2007, 09:21 AM
Freinds,

I just got my copy of the 5 CDs (mp3) of telugu songs recently released. Its a must have for all us fans...and there are some rare gems hidden in that set.

A detailed list of movies was posted by somebody in the ilaiyaraaja yahoo group.

Bhanu

Can you let me know more details of the Pack.Where is it available. Which company has released these CD's

Jagan

crajkumar_be
15th November 2007, 03:19 PM

:shock:
Unforunate-a??? Thanks heavens! :yes:

Irene Hastings
15th November 2007, 03:26 PM

Unforunate-a??? Thanks heavens! :yes:

Gangai Amaran is a better human being when compared with his brother. He is more reachable to masses & friendly.
Gangai is a better stage manager . He should be listed

raja_fan
15th November 2007, 05:22 PM
Gangai Amaran is a better human being when compared with his brother. He is more reachable to masses & friendly.
Gangai is a better stage manager . He should be listed

We don't expect to see a "Irene Hastings certified human being" there. We only expect our beloved Maestro there :)

Avar enna politician-aa ? Avar eppadi pesugiraar enbadhai patri kavalai pada ? Engalukku vendiyadhu avarudaiya isai. That's all :)

But I agree GA is a good stage manager. That is what I meant when I said "unfortunate".

buggle
16th November 2007, 12:06 AM
Anyone from Sharjah attending tomorrow Maestro programme in Sharjah stadium?

raja_fan
16th November 2007, 06:18 AM
I think Kalaignar TV news at 7.30 PM will mention about this on Friday or Saturday. Lets see !

buggle
17th November 2007, 12:25 AM
Article on Oliyin Osai

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-11-21/pg3.php

Not sure how this movie will reach the masses

app_engine
17th November 2007, 01:03 AM
Whether it's going to reach masses or not, it'll probably satisfy some of us who yearn for some semi-classical stuff with decent Thamizh poem...at the very least, it may not have irritating words such as "i phonnu" "blu ray diskku" etc...

While reading the article, though, I was wondering about just one thing...how far this team is music savvy to extract IR? I'm sure IR will focus a lot, but will the director be of K Balachandar / K Viswanath calibre to have an ear for music that's classical-yet-catchy-to-masses?

svbp007
17th November 2007, 01:05 AM
The 5 MP3 CDs were released by Aditya Music.

app_engine
17th November 2007, 01:14 AM
If anyone has direct access to IR or his assistants in this forum, can they tell the team to avoid ANY kind of synthesised sound, at least for this album...குழலும், யாழும்,வீணையும், தவிலும், மிருதங்கமும் போல சில கருவிகள் மட்டுமிருந்தாலும் போதும்...இனிமைக்குக்குறைவிருக்காது..

app_engine
17th November 2007, 01:17 AM
இன்னொரு விஷயம்...பாடகர்...ராசா ஒரு பாட்டுக்கு மேல் பாடாமல் இருந்தால் நல்லது...

raja_fan
17th November 2007, 08:15 AM
Rajni's next may be remake of Hindi "Halla Bol"

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-11-21/pg4.php

It says Rajni will decide based on how the Hindi film runs !

Oru Super Star-ukku idhu azhagalla . Almost all of his recent films were like this - just remakes of the well tested movies. Ivvalavu periya star than meedhu nambikkai illaamal irukkiraar :(

njv
18th November 2007, 08:38 PM
Rajni's next may be remake of Hindi "Halla Bol"

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-11-21/pg4.php

It says Rajni will decide based on how the Hindi film runs !

Oru Super Star-ukku idhu azhagalla . Almost all of his recent films were like this - just remakes of the well tested movies. Ivvalavu periya star than meedhu nambikkai illaamal irukkiraar :(

Is this Rajni forum? Who cares about what he will do!

raja_fan
19th November 2007, 06:22 AM
njv,

There is a strong rumour that Rajni will team up with IR for his next. This could be of IR's music.

Let me see if all your posts are about IR and IR only. Apparam vachukkaren !

njv
21st November 2007, 06:17 AM
njv,

There is a strong rumour that Rajni will team up with IR for his next. This could be of IR's music.

Let me see if all your posts are about IR and IR only. Apparam vachukkaren !

raja_fan, I had enough of Rajni teaming up with IR (you go thru pre-shivaji day threads and you will understand why). I told the guys here based on the info I got that Shankar-IR-Rajni combo will be announced and the next day the announcement came but now its history. So I dont trust this Rajni-IR combo until I actually see the CD or movie.

raja_fan
21st November 2007, 08:30 AM
njv,

I understand your frustration.
I also searched for the pre-Shivaji thread, but could not get them.
Yes, I remember some post like "Get ready for big anouncement" or some thing like that.
Let us see..how it goes this time.

Dragun
24th November 2007, 01:22 PM
Raja_fan, how many of Rajini's 80s films were remakes of Hindi films? Quite a few!

irir123
25th November 2007, 11:07 PM
Dragun - not all of them need be remakes! most of Rajini's movies were dumb repetitions of plot lines (poor guy becomes rich overnight and teaches a lesson or two to the bad guys, who invariably are from his own family!) with zero-zilch creativity in any department - even if one of them was a remake and the rest were sick imitations of one, they are all as good as remakes

irir123
25th November 2007, 11:14 PM
IR might be desperately in need of a big banner movie - IMHO, for taking up a creative challenge, seeking a Rajini movie, howsoever, it might become popular/successful, would be a nasty career move - in the end, what I expect to hear is a 'janaranjagamaana' song or two like "engitta modhadhey" or "pandhaliley thongugira" with one rare "meenamma" or a "konji konji" style song thrown in - true the songs will be heard in pattis/thottis - but not for IR's creativity (which anyway will not find its way, since its a Rajini movie), but for the 'araicha maavu' feel dappanguthu song and the Rajini factor. True, in the commercial stream that IR is in, especially, Indian cinema, its too much to expect something to happen to IR the way, things are happening to even rookie composers like Alexandre Desplat (who is being heralded as the next big composer round the block in Hollywood) - but to desperately seek out a far lesser talented Rajini to prop up his career is not something that I would want to see happen - this is all strictly IMHO

Nerd
25th November 2007, 11:50 PM
Dragun - not all of them need be remakes! most of Rajini's movies were dumb repetitions of plot lines (poor guy becomes rich overnight and teaches a lesson or two to the bad guys, who invariably are from his own family!) with zero-zilch creativity in any department - even if one of them was a remake and the rest were sick imitations of one, they are all as good as remakes
I understand that this not a forum to talk about Rajini's films but your comment is repulsive and nauseating and shows your ignorance. Rajini has acted in about 50 films before billA and none of those films had your imaginary formula. And out of the 50 at least 20 are revered as classics by the critics.

And to name a FEW *good* movies after billA,
JOhnny
thillu mullu
engEyO kEtta kural
thambikku entha ooru
kai kodukkum kai
nallavanukku nallavan
sri raghavendra
padikkAthavan
dharmathin thalaivan
thaLapathi

You are welcome to come to the tamil films section if you are hellbent on discussing/dissing Rajini films. But please don't show your ignorance here, there are people waiting in the TF section to educate you.

And most of the Rajini movies in the 70s/80s/90s had songs from IR and those albums are not JUNKS.. huh..

irir123
26th November 2007, 12:21 AM
Nerd: from your list, 'thambikku entha ooru', 'padikkAthavan' and 'dharmathin thalaivan' are NOT classics IMO (if you compare them with his earlier movies) - and since the 1990s, Rajinis movies are mere forgettable ones, and did not deserve IR's music - when Rajini the STAR overwhelmed Rajini the artiste, things went beserk, not withstanding his popularity.

My humble request, pls do not try to patronise me with an effort to educate me about Rajini's 'monumental' blunders which were to be his movies in the 90s - whether my comments are nauseating or not, Rajini's moves in the 90s are a major challenge to anyone with a taste for sensible cinema - not that am a big admirer/fan of the other contemporary star of Rajini(you know who I am talking about) - Tamil cinema could have easily been taken several notches up by this superstar if only he had the desire to - through the 90s, our man suddenly took a wayward interest in politics, and teetered between making dumb public statements which were like cinema dialogues and dishing out inane stuff with his 'creative' cinema at the same time (most of his 90s movies looked like cheap spoofs of his own movies!). And as a HCIRF, am glad that IR was not part of this rubbish, and someone like Deva took care of such garbage!

let me put an end to this digression this way: time and again, tamil cinema has been taken for a ride, by stars who gave a damn to overall quality, making it either stagnant or taking it backwards - Rajini belongs to that legion of stars as well - that is an appraisal of Rajini the 'artiste'! and since this is an IR thread, IMHO, post-90s Rajini movies did not deserve the genius of IR!

irir123
26th November 2007, 12:37 AM
As a HCIRF, I wish IR to move forward, ahead and do more creative things that suit/befit his monstrous talents! and not end up with retrogressive steps!

"classical crossovers" like TiS, instrumentals like 'Music Messiah' yes, am glad to see him doing such stuff - because, people like me feel that IR deserves to do such things than routine run-of-the-mill movies that do not offer him scope do something better than what he has already done.

Look at the way, IR's music is being shamelessly used by artists like Kala (MIA) etc - music critics, are referring to the 'bollywood influence' in MIA! damn it, can there be a greater insult to IR than being to completely ignored for his contribution ?

Nerd
26th November 2007, 12:43 AM
Irir123, I kind of stopped my list with thaLapathi and I thought that might have given you a clue. Of course Rajini's Post thaLapathi films are nothing much to talk about unless you are a Rajini fan and I totally respect and appreciate your opinion on those films.

The reason I made my previous post was because you were stereotyping Rajini as a remix-king. That is why I gave a few examples that did not follow your formula. Also I am a big fan of Rajini+IR and even if you take crap movies like dharmayuddham, thanga magan, thanikkAttu rAjA even un kaNNil neer vazhinthaal there were stunning songs from the genius. And no Rajini album has bettered veera till this point. And I would be more than glad if Rajini opts for IR for his next film. As a hardcore Rajini and IR fan it would be a double treat for me.

And sorry for the digression, I will remain to be a silent observer!!!

irir123
26th November 2007, 12:52 AM
"As a hardcore Rajini and IR fan it would be a double treat for me" - it wud be a treat for all of us, only IF there were a chance to have at least 3 nos that have scope for IR's stamp - but being a Rajini commercial venture, IR would have to give a couple to satisfy the front-bencher - at this stage of his career, IR needs to do bigger things, than just stuff to eke out a survival!

irir123
26th November 2007, 12:56 AM
i eagerly look forward to Pazhassi raja, mayilu and uliyin osai - these ventures do offer scope for IR

irir123
26th November 2007, 12:59 AM
thanikkAttu rAjA and Unkannil neer vazhindhaal were differnt from Rajinis other films - TR had some decent performances overall and UNV for all its Balu mahendraesque nerdiness (his obsession with brothels, YGM playing a major role, including a sick 10 min sequence featuring YGM dressed as a woman visiting a brothel - thats nauseating) had some breathtaking visuals!

app_engine
26th November 2007, 03:32 AM
While most of us want IR to be associating with "good", "classic" kind of movies and non-movie efforts, I was just wondering why it didn't require such 'good' or 'class' things in the past for IR to come up with stunners...I think more than the specific movie itself, the kind of people that Raja works with "at a given point of time" inspired him more and kept his energy levels flowing for "any" project that is thrown up to him.

I think his performance can be closely linked to his happiness, upbeat mood, which may be somewhat missing or at least quite limited nowadays. Again this is only my theory and guess. (Remember a film called 'mAveeran'? it had such lovely numbers as nee koduththadha and a "polished" front bencher song that I can enjoy -vAngadA vAnga - difficult to find such numbers from other MD's even today for Rajini...was it a great film? I don't think so...I attribute that to the time period when Raja was in an upbeat mode)

I think this theory is in the mind of some others too, who may want Raja to work with the currently "happening" artists...which may help elevate his mood and result in some thullal numbers...and what else, financially compensate him nicely too:-)

njv
27th November 2007, 01:23 AM
I watched the 20th anniversary version of E.T and the DVD had a special feature of John William's live archestra on the 20th anniversary show (entire BGM was live archestra, everthing else is from the film itself).

It was a bliss and thought Raaja should do something like that. I wonder if there is atleast 1 movie that would qualify for this (may be Guru, but nothing in Tamil, Thalapathi?)

app_engine
27th November 2007, 01:58 AM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-11-28/pg9.php

Films that VM missed writing lyrics for...(nAyakan, nAdOdiththendRal, dEvar mahan, kAdhalukku mariyAdhai, paruthi veeran)...most of them by Raja...

irir123
27th November 2007, 03:46 AM
njv - 'thalapathi' had ok bgm, but not IMO, something that could be played as an orchestra live - I would prefer "Idhayathai thirudaadhey", "moondram pirai" or "my dear kuttichathan"

kiru
27th November 2007, 04:36 AM
I think his performance can be closely linked to his happiness, upbeat mood, which may be somewhat missing or at least quite limited nowadays...

I think this theory is the mind of some others too, who may want Raja to work with the currently "happening" artists...which may help elevate his mood and result in some thullal numbers...and what else, financially compensate him nicely too:-)

I agree and second your opinion.

Re: rajni and IR. The current positioning of Rajni as a superstar does not give much scope for IR. Earlier, he had the tough/but soft at heart guy, caring brother/father, really serious lover etc roles. Now it all seems very shallow...as mentioned here..rajni has been vacillating on his own likes and choices ..only thing I am clear is he seems to love all the adulation..(which is not really bad ..but that alone is not good). Again, all in my IMHO, especially when I dont dont follow the movies that very well.

app_engine
27th November 2007, 04:55 AM
It's not just the observation of Raja's outputs that drove me to this "mood-to-music" theory. More important reason is, i.e IMO, that Raja is more of a natural artist and less of labor. By labor I mean to "keep polishing" his output, or keep "working on" something to make it to catchy propositions. His brain works in a different plane where his mood plays a much bigger role (must be similar in the case of his predecessor MSV also), compared to majority of today's MDs who can "work on" to "make catchy music":-) That's also probably the reason why his output with specific artists sound better (not because Raja was partial, but his mood soared in their company and some of such projects also had "picky" ears like that of GA/KB/MR/BR).

app_engine
27th November 2007, 09:45 PM
See this link:
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/34898.html

It's very interesting to note that MR is using almost the same words as my post above:-) Probably my post above was stating the obvious:-))

buggle
27th November 2007, 11:33 PM
Will this movie have IR music?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-07-04/27-11-07-fazil.html

njv
28th November 2007, 11:24 PM
njv - 'thalapathi' had ok bgm, but not IMO, something that could be played as an orchestra live - I would prefer "Idhayathai thirudaadhey", "moondram pirai" or "my dear kuttichathan"

I dont recall My Deat Kuttichathan, but that would be awesome, to watch 3D with live archestra!.

kiru
29th November 2007, 01:00 AM
app_engine..I know you have been following IR's music for quite a while (like me). Many people do come to the same conclusion. Even though IR has done a lot of formulaic work, it was mainly because he could not come up with something better at that time and moment. Unlike new music directors, who hunt around for new loops/grooves/chords and then start to build a tune.
BTW, my dear kuttichaththaan is almost symphonic in composition. I was surprised the tracks were included in the Guru (mal) CD and thani kaattu raaja is one of the most transparent recordings ever made in TFM (even though bit screechy and clipped at times). raasaave unnai naan ennithaan is also very rich rhythm arrangement wise, like the kind of stuff that Rehman likes to do.

raja_fan
30th November 2007, 09:04 AM
P.Vasu to direct Kamal ! Will IR score ?

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2007/11/23/stories/2007112350231000.htm

irir123
1st December 2007, 07:32 AM
hi - where can one order TiS CD online in Australia/New Zealand ?

buggle
1st December 2007, 06:50 PM
P.Vasu to direct Kamal ! Will IR score ?

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2007/11/23/stories/2007112350231000.htm
That's what previously P.Vasu said, that IR will score music for that..not sure anything changed after that

rooky
2nd December 2007, 09:20 AM
2007 roundup-IR: post your comments..
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=1222970#1222970

krish244
2nd December 2007, 10:51 PM
IR concert broke UAE attendance record:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/504861-sharjah-music-concert-breaks-uae-attendance-record

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
3rd December 2007, 08:59 AM
IR honours his Carnatic Guru.

http://www.hindu.com/2007/12/03/stories/2007120358500200.htm

raja_fan
3rd December 2007, 12:37 PM
Friends,

Please suggest me any good audio collection of IR ( or ) any movie DVD ( Is Thalapathi DVD available ? )

I have to spend a free gift coupon for Rs.500 in PlanetM :-)

sgmsin
3rd December 2007, 04:07 PM
Hi Raja_fan,

You can get Talapathi movie DVD in moserbear's DVD and that cost Rs.34 or 49. You will get lots of Ilayaraja audio collections in HMV audio.

raja_fan
3rd December 2007, 06:04 PM
sgmsin,

Is it ? Did Moserbair release Thalapathi ? I was thinking it has not yet been released.

vigneshram
4th December 2007, 06:50 AM
I have a copy of Thalapathi DVD, released by Bayshore and it comes with good combinations such as "Nayakan". It costs Rs.60.
I'm sure it will be available in Planet M

raja_fan
4th December 2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks Vigneshram !
I will try to find it there. Dhalapathi - I love to have it just for the BGM violin / flute versions of "Sundari ..." :)

sgmsin
4th December 2007, 05:06 PM
yes raja fan, you could get thalapathi DVD in leading music store. You can even order the DVD through online
http://www.moserbaerhomevideo.com/

raja_fan
4th December 2007, 05:27 PM
Thanks sgmsin !
I see thalapathi DVD in the site !! :)

irir123
5th December 2007, 12:21 AM
does Moserbaer ship dvds to the US ?

njv
6th December 2007, 11:06 PM
IR concert broke UAE attendance record:

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/504861-sharjah-music-concert-breaks-uae-attendance-record

thanks,

Krishnan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKHaclUcx74

raja_fan
7th December 2007, 08:59 AM
Ilaiyaraja's yet another master piece gets butchered ! :(

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/12/07/stories/2007120750140400.htm

It is time copyright becomes more effective in music field !

sgmsin
7th December 2007, 10:07 AM
yes moserbear deliver the dvd or cd to what ever address we give at that time of registration.

venkiks
7th December 2007, 09:52 PM
I am quite eager to see how Raja... Rajaathirajan..Intha...Raja gets remixed. The song is already uses only western instruments (or just drums)!

Will Imaan be remixing it into a NAATUPURA style? I am even more eager to see Pollachi in the song. It is my home town.

app_engine
8th December 2007, 12:21 AM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=378913&disdate=12/7/2007

பாவம் அந்த டைரக்டர்...
மு.க.வும் பாவம் தான்...இப்படி அரை குறைகளையெல்லாம் பார்த்தாக வேண்டி இருக்கிறதே. அதுவம் பின்னணி இசை இல்லாமல் பார்ப்பது கொடுமை அல்லவா?

app_engine
8th December 2007, 01:44 AM
One more singer calling Raja a disciplinarian...
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/Im_an_extremely_low_key_person_Iyer/articleshow/2601784.cms

raja_fan
8th December 2007, 08:12 AM
Vinith, Keerthi CHAWLA , Sarath Babu...

Mu.ka virkku ippozhudhu thamizh patru enge ponadhu endru theriyavillai...
Sari...Politics pesa vendaam :Shhh:

But, Sarath Babu as Raja raja chozhan ? :rotfl2:
Olimayamaana edhirkaalam Ullathil therigiradhu...

sgmsin
10th December 2007, 01:14 PM
I saw onpathu rupa nottu film. After Came out from theater i felt movie would be btter if raja would have been scored for the movie. There are so many situation baradwaj does not know what to do?

raja_fan
10th December 2007, 02:52 PM
BR about his Kutraparamparai.

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-12-12/pg6.php

* Says he is trying to pull Rajni and kamal for the film.

* Confident that at least one of them will act.

* More chance for Kamal, if not then Vikram. If neither works, then BR himself !! ( Kadavule kappaatthu ! :) )

raja_fan
11th December 2007, 12:45 PM
Seems IR has turned down the Malayalam multi-starrer project ( remember "Rajaalltheway" was mentioning about this project in his earlier post ).

Some other new guy is composing !

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/malayalam/2617/

Nothing lost indeed :)

raja_fan
17th December 2007, 02:53 PM
Yesterday, I was watching grand old actress Anjali Devi's interview in some channel . Her husband was the famous music director Lingappa Rao ( composer of the old evergreen hit "Azhaikkaadhe.." ).

When talking about music she said "Ilaiyaraja is my favourite. He is one of the few present day MDs who has that dedication to do more to music".

raja_fan
21st December 2007, 08:33 AM
Don't miss Cheeni Kum on this Sunday 12 noon on Sony Max !!

http://www.hindu.com/cp/2007/12/21/stories/2007122150451400.htm

raja_fan
21st December 2007, 11:58 AM
Pazhassi Raja only in April ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0887769/

krish244
21st December 2007, 02:23 PM
IR participated in the muhurat of multi-linugual animated movie on Lord Ayyappa. My guess is he is the MD.

http://www.screenindia.com/fullstory.php?content_id=18345

Go to the end of the article.

thanks,

Krishnan

raaja_rasigan
28th December 2007, 07:32 PM
[tscii:f719e0ef1a]அரபு தேசத்தையே அசத்திவிட்டு வந்திருக்கிறார் இளையராஜா.

எப்போதும் ‘தனிமை உலகத்தி’லேயே இருக்கும் ராஜாவை என்ன மந்திரம் போட்டு எப்படி சம்மதிக்க வைத்தார்களோ கலைஞர் டி.வி.க்காரர்கள். பொங்கல் தினத்தன்று கலைஞர் டி.வி.யில் ஹைலைட்டான புரோக்ராமே இதுதானாம்!

அறுபதாயிரம் பேர் உட்காரக்கூடிய ஷார்ஜா ஸ்டேடியத்தில் இடமில்லாமல் இருபதாயிரத்துக்கும் மேற்பட்ட ரசிகர்கள் வெளியே நின்றிருக்கிறார்கள். எஸ்.பி.பி., சித்ரா, மனோ, ஸ்ரேயா, கோஷல், சாதனா சர்க்கம், விஜய் யேசுதாஸ், திப்பு, மஞ்சரி, மது பாலகிருஷ்ணன் உட்பட முன்னணி பாடகர்களோடு 87 இசைக் கலைஞர்கள் என ஆறுமணி நேரம் 80_90களில் வெளிவந்த பாடல்களைப் பாடி ரசிகர்களை சொக்க வைத்து விட்டார் ராஜா.

எஸ்.பி.பி. படு ஜாலியான மூடில் பாடி ரசிகர்களை குஷிப்படுத்தினார். அவ்வப்போது பாடல் எப்படியெல்லாம் பதிவு செய்யப்பட்டது என்பதை கதை போல் சொல்லி ரசிகர்களுக்கு விருந்து வைத்தார். யாரும் எதிர்பார்க்காத நேரத்தில் கார்த்திக் ராஜா, யுவன் இருவரும் மேடையேறி ‘‘என் பாட்டை பாடுங்க.. என் பாட்டை பாடுங்கன்னு’ ராஜாவை கலாய்க்க, ராஜா உடனே ‘‘அறியாத வயசு... புரியாத மனசு’’ என்று தொடங்க... அரங்கில் அப்ளாஸ் அள்ளிக் கொண்டது.

ஆனால் யுவன், ‘‘இதுல்ல என்பாட்டு’’ என்றதும், கார்த்திக்கும் அதையே திரும்பச் சொல்ல, ராஜா சட்டென்று ‘‘ராஜா... ராஜாதி ராஜனிந்த ராஜா’’ என்று தொடங்க, மூவரும் சேர்ந்து பாடி முடிக்கும் வரை அரங்கில் உற்சாகம் கரை புரண்டது.

நிகழ்ச்சியைத் தொகுத்து வழங்கிய ஜெயராமும், குஷ்புவும் எஸ்.பி.பி.யிடம் ஒரு பாடல் கேட்க, ‘‘நான் பாட்டுப் பாடினால் நீங்க ஆடணும்’’ என்றதும் குஷ்பு தயாராகி விட்டார். ‘ஏய்... ஆத்தா ஆத்தோரமா வாரீயா’ பாடலுக்கு செம குத்தாட்டம் போட்டு ரசிகர்களையும் ஆட வைத்து விட்டனர் குஷ்பு, ஜெயராம், கூடவே மனோவும்.

இளையராஜா பேசும் போது ‘‘என்னிடம் ஃபாஸ்ட் ஃபுட் இசையை எதிர்பார்க்காதீர்கள். தலைவாழை இலை போட்டு நிதானமாகப் பரிமாறும் கல்யாணச் சாப்பாடுதான் கிடைக்கும்!’’ என்றார். இப்படி கச்சேரியில் களைகட்டிய சமாச்சாரங்கள் ஒருபுறமிருக்க, இந்தப் பயணத்தில் ராஜாவைக் கடுப்பேத்தும் விதமாகவும் ஒரு காரியம் நடந்திருக்கிறது.

ராஜா தன்னுடைய இசைக்குழுவினருடன் ஷார்ஜா போய் இறங்கியதும், கடலுக்குள் அமைந்திருக்கும் அதிநவீன ஹோட்டல் ஒன்றில் தங்க வைத்திருக்கிறார்கள்.

அரபு நாடுகளுக்கு உண்டான விதிகளின் படி அந்த ஹோட்டலில் ஒவ்வொரு அறைக்குச் செல்லவும் ஒரு உடை அணிய வேண்டும். வேஷ்டி சட்டை அணியக் கூடாதாம்!இதைக் கண்டிப்பாகச் சொல்லி விட்டது ஹோட்டல் நிர்வாகம். இந்த நிபந்தனையால் கடுப்பான இளையராஜா அங்கு தங்குவதற்கே மறுத்து விட்டார். இது ஹோட்டல் நிர்வாகத்திற்குத் தெரிந்து பதறிப்போய் ராஜாவுக்கு மட்டும் விதியைத் தளர்த்தியிருக்கிறார்கள்..

:kumudam:[/tscii:f719e0ef1a]

kameshratnam
29th December 2007, 09:14 AM
A great site for downloading songs

I got Raajavin Parvai'e from this

http://tamilvibes.net/oldreleases.html

Hulkster
29th December 2007, 06:40 PM
A little analysis of thalaivar's chinna thayaval song...i wonder how many feel the same about it :D

http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2007/12/musical-ramblings-chinna.html

raaja_rasigan
30th December 2007, 05:42 PM
A great site for downloading songs

I got Raajavin Parvai'e from this

http://tamilvibes.net/oldreleases.html

hey... this is really a great site...... got some good songs...

:thankyou:

dochu
30th December 2007, 07:25 PM
Excellant site.
Is there an easier way to find only ilayaraja's movies? Site doesn't categorize based on director. It was hard for me to find which movies are his.

krish244
31st December 2007, 09:46 AM
Dont know if this link was posted before.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Opinion/Sunday_Specials/Special_Report/Tuning_in_to_changing_times/articleshow/2643768.cms

Ilaiyaraaja's Cheeni Kum gets a mention as part of 2007 sound tracks.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
2nd January 2008, 10:26 AM
On the New year party @ Bike&Barrel, Residency Towers, Chennai, The countdown at midnight and subsequent euphoria was created through the sensational 'Ilamai Itho Itho' :) Till then they were playing mostly english &hindi nos. and when this song came up at the stroke of midnight the crowd went berserk and everyone chanted 'Naanthaan Sakalakala Vallavan' (The DJ Silenced here and crowd filled in) . Way to begin a New Year :thumbsup:

raja_fan
2nd January 2008, 01:43 PM
Hmm.., Adhu thaan IR magic ! Nobody till date has matched the percussion/Bass arrangement in the starting piece of "Ilamai idho" leading to "Hey everybody.."

Yesterday I saw director Shankar commenting like this "The full credit for the success of Sahana in Shivaji goes to Rahman ".

Enna success ? Enna credit ? Ellaam neramda saami..:(

crajkumar_be
2nd January 2008, 02:50 PM
I never tire of repeating this ad nauseum :razz:
"iLamai idhO idhO" is the best composition by God himself or anybody else in Indian film music, IMO

Hmm.., Adhu thaan IR magic ! Nobody till date has matched the percussion/Bass arrangement in the starting piece of "Ilamai idho" leading to "Hey everybody.."

Starting mattum illa, the arrangement, the flow and the energy right throughout the song is like a perpetual orgasm! :)
Light years ahead of time. Nay, beyond time :notworthy:

crajkumar_be
2nd January 2008, 02:52 PM
Yesterday I saw director Shankar commenting like this "The full credit for the success of Sahana in Shivaji goes to Rahman ".

<Dig>
Come on, its number one in almost all the countdowns in TN (not to mention audio sales)...
</Dig>

crajkumar_be
2nd January 2008, 03:00 PM
On the New year party @ Bike&Barrel, Residency Towers, Chennai, The countdown at midnight and subsequent euphoria was created through the sensational 'Ilamai Itho Itho' :) Till then they were playing mostly english &hindi nos. and when this song came up at the stroke of midnight the crowd went berserk and everyone chanted 'Naanthaan Sakalakala Vallavan' (The DJ Silenced here and crowd filled in) . Way to begin a New Year :thumbsup:
Extremely heartening to know :)
Goosebumps!

Also, a bit surprising as Chennai DJs usually have a patronizing attitude towards Thamizh songs :twisted:

littlemaster1982
2nd January 2008, 03:47 PM

Ungalukku enna uRutthudhu? IR magic pidikkum-na athai mattum kettuttu pOnga.

Have some Eno. Vayitherichalukku nalladhu!!!

thilak4life
2nd January 2008, 04:20 PM
Almost all the pubs/newyear-bash/disc played that song in Chennai - From different sources. :)

Sanjeevi
2nd January 2008, 04:31 PM
three or more tv channels including SUN Music, Jeya telecased the same song when the new year started.

Not only in Chennal, almost everywhere in TN or every place where tamils are living can't ignore

raja_fan
2nd January 2008, 09:57 PM
crajkumar_be and littlemaster1982,

Please read my comments on Sahana on the context of comparing with Sakalakalavallavan song which is 25 years old by this new year ( I hope the film was released in 1983 if i am not wrong ).

Also Shankar giving full credit to Rahman is ridiculous ! 90% credit should go to Rajni and Rajni alone ! If it is not Rajni, no success for this so trivial song and the film :)

On the other hand, when SKV came, Kamal was a establishing star and the world knows what this song brought out from him ( his amazing dance talent ) and brought for him :)

littlemaster1982
2nd January 2008, 10:28 PM
Raja_fan,

Why do you have to compare these two songs out of the blue??? How are you so sure that Sahana wouldn't have been a hit if not for Rajini? Then all the songs featuring Rajini should have had the same success as Sahana.

If the song sounds trivial to you, let it be. We don't care.

Don't make silly comparisons based on your assumptions. Thanks!!!

MADDY
2nd January 2008, 10:44 PM
LM, its an outright silly arguement............no need to reply to them........

i'm bothered abt lot of ppl. calling ARR useless in a rajini film.....to set records straight --> highest selling Rajini album is a ARR album, but highest selling ARR album is not a rajini movie....

FYI, i havent heard ilamai edho edho song for the past 7-8 years.......its all matter of preference..... :wave:

NormalMan
3rd January 2008, 05:15 AM
highest selling Rajini album is a ARR album
:lol: :lol: :lol:

FYI, i havent heard ilamai edho edho song for the past 7-8 years.......its all matter of preference..... :wave:

Absolutely I respect that ..... but no one asked what's in your playlist here.

NormalMan
3rd January 2008, 05:19 AM

Start Digression
Maybe Shankar made the statement with a pun intended :twisted: !!

Seriously folks, Sahana was a "nice" song. But definitely not the best of the year. If at all its given a #1 ranking, I would accredit it all because of Rajini.

The real #1 IMHO should be a close tie between "kaatrin mozhi.." and "paravaye yengu irukirai.."
End Digression

raja_fan
3rd January 2008, 06:29 AM
"If the song sounds trivial to you, let it be. We don't care."

littlemaster1982,

I too don't care how the song sounds to you :)

btw.., for me it sounds like a poor rehash of the all time hit "Ore naal unai naan nilaavil..." :)

raja_fan
3rd January 2008, 06:35 AM
MADDY wrote:
highest selling Rajini album is a ARR album

Indha vishayam Rajnikku theriyumaa ?
Oh ! or is that the reason why Rajni is always behind IR to compose for his next film despite IR refusing again and again ? :D

crajkumar_be
3rd January 2008, 08:23 AM
Raja_Fan,
ippo enna solla vareenga? :confused2:

Are you saying "sahana"is not successful? - That's just laughable

Are you saying the credit doesn't go to Rahman? - Then how was Munbe Va (for e.g), the song of the previous year? adhulayum Rajini irundhaara?

If you are comparing the 2 songs for "value", what is the point? adhellam indha thread la edhukku nu puriliye :roll:

crajkumar_be
3rd January 2008, 08:25 AM
btw.., for me it sounds like a poor rehash of the all time hit "Ore naal unai naan nilaavil..." :)
Just the opening sandhams right?..

And if you are giving so much space to a Rahman song in an IR thread, then it surely has succeeded!

raja_fan
3rd January 2008, 08:53 AM
"And if you are giving so much space to a Rahman song in an IR thread, then it surely has succeeded! "

Is it ?! If two or more people from ARR camp are peeping here in to IR's thread and fighting for their idea, then I take it as the failure of ARR :)

Now, for the question of why I brought in Sahana in to this thread,
on reading RS's post on SKV song, I was just wondering like this "When a song like SKV is still vibrant after 25 years ( it came at a time when there were no mumerous TV channels, FMs , DJs, RJs, mania, phobia, "hype" etc etc), here is a guy who gives the credit of a lesser quality song to a MD inspite of the presence of SS in that project, subsequent hype created etc"

I end this digression from my side. I too feel bad about talking about unnecessary songs here in this thread !

raja_fan
3rd January 2008, 08:55 AM
Typo. Pls read "numerous TV..."

littlemaster1982
3rd January 2008, 09:09 AM
Is it ?! If two or more people from ARR camp are peeping here in to IR's thread and fighting for their idea, then I take it as the failure of ARR :)

I wouldn't have bothered to post here, if you hadn't dragged Rahman's name unnecessarily. If this is called as a failure for ARR, it shows your hatred towards him.

I end this digression from my side. I too feel bad about talking about unnecessary songs here in this thread !

Late realization. Better late than never, anyway. Have fun :wave:

NormalMan
3rd January 2008, 10:32 AM
Raja_Fan,
i Then how was Munbe Va (for e.g), the song of the previous year? adhulayum Rajini irundhaara?

Munbe Vaa was/is/will be a true gem/classic and it totally deserved to be the #1 !! But NOT Sahana ..... As I said, its all because of SS.