PDA

View Full Version : Best theatres in Tamil Nadu Towns

joe
13th November 2006, 01:20 PM
Why don't we share info about theatres you want to recommend in various Towns in Tamil Nadu .Share info on It's speciality ,Capacity ,Sound system and other Plus and Minus points

leosimha
13th November 2006, 01:28 PM
Sathyam Multiplex at Chennai.......this is the Number 1 theater in whole of TN and one of the best theaters....in fact in the TOP 5 theaters in INDIA....

leosimha
13th November 2006, 01:29 PM
In Trichy, I think at present Venkateshwara in Tiruvanaikoil area is good.

joe
13th November 2006, 01:31 PM

You mean ,It is better than Sippi,Maris,sona,Meena?

leosimha
13th November 2006, 01:36 PM

Sippy used to be a good theater....but I heard this theater is going to dumps....might be closing down...also I heard the same with MARIS complex....This theater used to be the Number 1 but this is no more on the list.... SONA MEENA and Rambha Urvashi are good but fall down in fraction when compared to Venkateshwara......

The problem lies in the maintenance of the theaters.....its very high....if you release movies which are sure blockbusters...then the theaters can go for a re-structure...I hope MEGA STAR (earlier KOHINOOR/KT) goes for one soon as VARALAARU released there and is said to be doing roaring business (more than 75% opening on weekdays and more than 90% openings on weekends)

Sanjeevi
13th November 2006, 01:51 PM
Mappillai vinayagar in Madurai

Unicorn
13th November 2006, 02:00 PM
Mayajaal..Tickets prices are the highest in entire Tamil Nadu

leosimha
13th November 2006, 02:01 PM

How much does it cost.....

Unicorn
13th November 2006, 02:04 PM
Elite box tickets(in jus 1 screen) were once priced @ 400
Rs 218 + taxes for all new movies..
168+ taxes for old movies..

How much does it cost.....

Unicorn
13th November 2006, 02:10 PM
Biggest theaters in chennai
seating capacity
Sathyam-1266
Devi-1238
Albert-1150

joe
13th November 2006, 02:11 PM

Sippy used to be a good theater....but I heard this theater is going to dumps....might be closing down...also I heard the same with MARIS complex....This theater used to be the Number 1 but this is no more on the list.... SONA MEENA and Rambha Urvashi are good but fall down in fraction when compared to Venkateshwara......

The problem lies in the maintenance of the theaters.....its very high....if you release movies which are sure blockbusters...then the theaters can go for a re-structure...I hope MEGA STAR (earlier KOHINOOR/KT) goes for one soon as VARALAARU released there and is said to be doing roaring business (more than 75% opening on weekdays and more than 90% openings on weekends)

Thanks for the info..I was in trichy when Cippi &Maris was No1.

Thiruvanaikovil is bit out of town.isn't it?

leosimha
13th November 2006, 02:13 PM
yes joe....TV Koil is just 3 to 4 KMs from Chathram Bus Stand (Main Guard Gate) and the theatre is on the way to Samayapuram...on the main road itself....the theatre has been revamped with good sound system DTS and Dolby stuff....but snacks and other stuff need to improve... This is the No 1 theatre for most of the College students....

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 02:14 PM
Joe,
:clap: This thread can be used as something which will behelpful to assess about NO. OF SHOWS in which each movies is running throughout TN !
:D
This can be a very informative thread if everyone updates us with the theatre list and the movie running currently ! :D (I mean guys in TN ) :D

My town: :roll:
List of theatres
1. PalaniAaandavar DTS
2. Ganesh
3. Thangamani
4. Bala Ganesh

The first on PA was screening some :oops: films in the past. Now it got revived and it captured the NO.1 spot with CM ! :thumbsup: CM ran here for 100 days witnessing housefull audience all the time ! :D

Capacity wise, GAnesh is the NO.1 and is most suitable for MASS FILMS ! :thumbsup:

leosimha
13th November 2006, 02:17 PM
oh no...I forgot to mention about Kalaiarangam theatre in Trichy....by the way I don't have much information on this theatre as Kalaignan was the last movie I watched in this theatre.

joe
13th November 2006, 02:17 PM
leosimha,
Is it true that old theatre Prabath was demolished ?

It was once owned by NT ,I have seen many NT movies (re-released) there.

joe
13th November 2006, 02:19 PM
oh no...I forgot to mention about Kalaiarangam theatre in Trichy....by the way I don't have much information on this theatre as Kalaignan was the last movie I watched in this theatre.

kalaiyarangam is the biggest capacity in Trichy,but not well equiped .I have seen RajathiRaja there.

joe
13th November 2006, 02:20 PM
Joe,
:clap: This thread can be used as something which will behelpful to assess about NO. OF SHOWS in which each movies is running throughout TN !
This can be a very informative thread if everyone updates us with the theatre list and the movie running currently ! :D (I mean guys in TN ) :D

List of theatres
1. PalaniAaandavar DTS
2. Ganesh
3. Thangamani
4. Bala Ganesh

The first on PA was screening some :oops: films in the past. Now it got revived and it captured the NO.1 spot with CM ! :thumbsup: CM ran here for 100 days witnessing housefull audience all the time ! :D

Capacity wise, GAnesh is the NO.1 and is most suitable for MASS FILMS ! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on Pattasu city ..what about virudunager,sattur?

joe
13th November 2006, 02:22 PM
I hope cancer can give full info about our 'Naanjil nagar' Nagercoil.

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the info on Pattasu city ..what about virudunager,sattur?

Virudhunagar :
1. RajaLakshmi DTS - Capacity is very high and this one belongs to our SAATTUR MLA :D
2. Apsara
3. One more.. I forgot the name :roll: :banghead:
4. Sri Ram - One of the famous and pretty old theatres on which people in Virudhai have lot of respect and love. It is famous for screening good old movies of Nadigar Thilagam / Makkal Thilagam / Super * / Kalaigyani ..
The ticket rate is cheap and family audience from all centres (esp C Centres) love this theatre.. though it is known as "second release theater"

Joe, Varalaaru was not released in Virudhai due to politics. This theatre owner boldly released the movie with support from fans and the movie had made every other theatre owners to regret their decision ! :clap:

cancer
13th November 2006, 02:56 PM

The one and only Chakravarthy is the Best theatre in Nagercoil, The theatre rocks .. :D Sound quality is really great here,

1. Chakravarthy & MIni chakravarthy
2. Sri karthikai, this is next to chakravarthy,they only release tamil movies, In chakravarthy they used to release malayalam and english movies too
3. rajesh,
4. New theatre, its really a new theatre :)
5. Vasantham Palace, this is the latest theatre, the first movie released here was Taal (hindi) to show their sound quality. :)

still there are lot of theatres in NGL, including Thangam( they used to release Vj movies :D) i wont add those in this list, they are very poor in every aspects.

chevy
13th November 2006, 02:57 PM
RAM theatre in tirunelveli ..

joe
13th November 2006, 03:00 PM

The one and only Chakravarthy is the Best theatre in Nagercoil, The theatre rocks .. :D Sound quality is really great here,

1. Chakravarthy & MIni chakravarthy
2. Sri karthikai, this is next to chakravarthy,they only release tamil movies, In chakravarthy they used to release malayalam and english movies too
3. rajesh,
4. New theatre, its really a new theatre :)
5. Vasantham Palace, this is the latest theatre, the first movie released here was Taal (hindi) to show their sound quality. :)

still there are lot of theatres in NGL, including Thangam( they used to release Vj movies :D) i wont add those in this list, they are very poor in every aspects.

Thanks cancer! :D

What happened to Raja,Yuvaraja,Pioneer Muththu and one more theatre opposit muththu (where dalapathi released)?

cancer
13th November 2006, 03:00 PM

Yes Ram ,Muthu ram is the best theatre in Nellai.. :)

cancer
13th November 2006, 03:05 PM
What happened to Raja,Yuvaraja,Pioneer Muththu and one more theatre opposit muththu (where dalapathi released)?

Joe, u know Chakravarthy Theatre owner bought Karthikai theatre also,

and Rajesh, they bought raja,Yuvaraj. they closed raja theatre, now its kalyana mantapam :D Yuvaraj is still there :)

Pioneer Muthu once they closed this theatre, after some months they again reopened :)

Dhalapathy released theatre.... That was Swamy theatre, now its changed to Rajas palace, Rajas teriumla yaarunnu... :D
handramukhi released in this theatre..:)

Sanjeevi
13th November 2006, 03:13 PM

No.

it is Bombay in nellai :cool:

cancer
13th November 2006, 03:17 PM

No.

it is Bombay in nellai :cool:

wow.. is it?? i never seen any movie there, but yesterday i was there near to that Theatre ,
Varalaaru is running there.. :) and shows were houseful, wat i surprised there was, one family came with 60 no of people, :o but they got only 40 tickets in Balcony and 20 tickets in first class..:)

leosimha
13th November 2006, 03:17 PM
leosimha,

oh man this is news to me...I never thought Prabath was demoloshed..yes this is the fort of NT.....was this theatre owned by Adaikalraj (Congress Politician)?

joe
13th November 2006, 03:24 PM
leosimha,

oh man this is news to me...I never thought Prabath was demoloshed..yes this is the fort of NT.....was this theatre owned by Adaikalraj (Congress Politician)?

Not sure it was owned by Adaikalaraj .But I know kalaiyarangam was owned by him. :)

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 03:26 PM
wow.. is it?? i never seen any movie there, but yesterday i was there near to that Theatre ,
Varalaaru is running there.. :) and shows were houseful, wat i surprised there was, one family came with 60 no of people, :o but they got only 40 tickets in Balcony and 20 tickets in first class..:)

:shock: :lol:

leosimha
13th November 2006, 03:28 PM
leosimha,

Not sure it was owned by Adaikalaraj .But I know kalaiyarangam was owned by him. :)

Oh okay.....I don't know if the theater Prabath which you are talking about later became Jupiter...hmm.....

There is one theatre in Paalakarai...where I saw Poovellam Un Vaasam...I am not able to recollect..I hope I am talking about Cauvery theatre...this theater is also okay....I think I went after 50 days of release of PUV....man what a crowd....it was more than 85%...I went on a weekday.

joe
13th November 2006, 03:43 PM
I don't know if the theater Prabath which you are talking about later became Jupiter...hmm.....

Jupitar and Prapath are different .Jupitar is near marakadai near Star theatre. Prapath is in Palakarai (in between Ghandi market and Palakarai bridge)

cancer
13th November 2006, 03:58 PM
let me tell about CBe theatres :)

for me Central was best theatre there,
but i m not sure, still the theare runs the movie or not :roll:

and the next is babha Complex, Archana,Dharcahan, very decent theatre.

and next is KG complex, Entha time kku ponalum block la ticket vaangittu pogalaam,:)

and next one, Ganga complex.

when i was in CBE, KG was like our home theatre :) i stayed very near by that theatre.. :)

Thirumaran
13th November 2006, 04:22 PM
Best Theatre in Arakonam .

:shock: -> Odeanmani

Specialities :

1. Theatre start panna boathu use panna seats innum maathama irukirathu
2. Lesser number of mosquitoes and bedbugs.
3. Ticket price is same for backseats to frontseats.

Advantages :
1. It is difficult to sit for the complete movie. So we can save time.
2. You will never be interested in watching the same movie for second time. So we can save money.

Disadvantages:
1. Ennathan try pannaalum theatrela thoonga mudiyathu.

Rajkumar_mj
13th November 2006, 04:38 PM

Thiru

Unga native Arakonama ?

Rajkumar_mj
13th November 2006, 04:41 PM
Best theatres In Kanchipuram

Aruna Complex(Aruna,Bala Aruna,Siva Aruna)

Babu Complex(Babu,Mini Babu,Babu Paradise)

Karthikeyan

Narayanamurthi Complex

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 05:00 PM

Karthikeyan

Narayanamurthi Complex

:huh:
Enna Raj... Kanchipuramaa ! :D

Thirumaran
13th November 2006, 05:15 PM

Thiru

Unga native Arakonama ?

Native is Pondicherry. But brought up in Arakonam.

Neenga Kanchi ya :)

Rajkumar_mj
13th November 2006, 05:21 PM

Karthikeyan

Narayanamurthi Complex

:huh:
Enna Raj... Kanchipuramaa ! :D

Yes Selva I am from Kanchipuram.

leosimha
13th November 2006, 05:22 PM
I don't know if the theater Prabath which you are talking about later became Jupiter...hmm.....

Jupitar and Prapath are different .Jupitar is near marakadai near Star theatre. Prapath is in Palakarai (in between Ghandi market and Palakarai bridge)

oh okay...what paalakarai theatre....is it cauvery...am i right?

Rajkumar_mj
13th November 2006, 05:22 PM
Thiru

Unga native Arakonama ?

Native is Pondicherry. But brought up in Arakonam.

Neenga Kanchi ya :)[/quote]

Thiru

I am from Kanchi.

You missed other theatres in Arakonam.

Karpagam,
Prakash
Devi
Bharathi

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 05:27 PM
MADURAI --- RED FORT :wink:

1.Annamalai
2.Guru
3.Karthick
4.Sundaram
5.Chinthamani
6.Amirtham
7.Ambigai
8.Mappilai Vinayagar
9.Priya Complex
10.Solaimalai
11.Maharani
12.Nadana
13.Shah Complex
14.Central
15.Alangar
16.Abirami
17.Nataraj
18.Mathy
19.Meenakshi & Meenakshi Paradise
20.Jeeva & Jothi
21.Hari Vignesh
22.Vellaikkannu
23.Pothiraja
24.Deepa & Rupa
25.Sakthi & Sivam
26.Thangam (Parameswari)
27.ThangaRegal
28.Devi
29.Madhu
30.Ram Victoria
31.Saraswathi
32.Padma
33.Midland
34.Murugan
35.Ganesh
36.Thinamani
37.Palani Arumuga
38.Aravinth
39.New Deluxe
40.Shri Ram
41.Karthick
42.Sonai Muthiah
43.Maharaja
44.Lakshmi
45.Venkatachalapathi
46.Raja
47.Pandiyan

Thirumaran
13th November 2006, 05:28 PM
Raj,
I just mentioned only about the best theatre :o

Prakash theatre is no more :D

Bharathi renamed to Mini udayam or something like that :roll:

Seems u had visited Arakonam long back :) Any relatives/friends in arakonam?

The only movie i had seen in Kanchi is Rasigan :banghead: in babu complex that too with my father :oops:

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 05:31 PM
Raj,
The only movie i had seen in Kanchi is Rasigan :banghead: in babu complex that too with my father :oops:

Padam mudincha vudan ungaLukku ADI vizhalayaa... unga appa kitta... I watched VAALI with my father :oops: and I took him with force telling that it is a very good movie.. ! :D :lol:

sgokulprathap
13th November 2006, 05:32 PM

and next is KG complex, Entha time kku ponalum block la ticket vaangittu pogalaam,:)

when i was in CBE, KG was like our home theatre :) i stayed very near by that theatre.. :)

Central theatre is no more. :(
For me Archana is best.

cancer
13th November 2006, 05:36 PM
selva Madurai la 47 theatres aaaa.. :shock:

Un memory power ai ninachu romba perumai paduren... :lol:

Thirumaran
13th November 2006, 05:37 PM
Padam mudincha vudan ungaLukku ADI vizhalayaa... unga appa kitta... I watched VAALI with my father :oops: and I took him with force telling that it is a very good movie.. ! :D :lol:
avar thaanae kootittu poanaar :?

We came for scooter servicing and in the mean time planning for a movie or temple. We ended up watching Rasigan :x Saami dharasanathukku bathil sangavi tharisanam paarthaachu :lol: :oops:

leosimha
13th November 2006, 05:38 PM
selva...do you mean Madurai district or only Madurai city....

leosimha
13th November 2006, 05:39 PM
who is the hero of rasigan....is it sathyaraasu or bijoy.....

cancer
13th November 2006, 05:40 PM
who is the hero of rasigan....is it sathyaraasu or bijoy.....

:rotfl:

Namma Ilaya Thalapathi Vijay... :P

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 05:42 PM
avar thaanae kootittu poanaar :?

We came for scooter servicing and in the mean time planning for a movie or temple. We ended up watching Rasigan :x Saami dharasanathukku bathil sangavi tharisanam paarthaachu :lol: :oops:

:rotfl: :rotfl:
Good for us that we have your presence as per IST now :D :thumbsup:

/ dig

How is life brother ? :)

/ dig

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 05:43 PM

Not sure.. My friend from MADURAI gave me this list :?

nilavupriyan
13th November 2006, 05:46 PM
ERODE - ESP

they release only english movies....pataasu effectu...they have balcony knid of set up with sathyam kind of effect which is rare

leosimha
13th November 2006, 05:46 PM

Not sure.. My friend from MADURAI gave me this list :?

it is Madurai district....

joe
13th November 2006, 05:51 PM

oh okay...what paalakarai theatre....is it cauvery...am i right?

Yes,cavery is near palakarai police station

Thirumaran
13th November 2006, 05:52 PM
/ dig

How is life brother ? :)

/ dig

/dig

Going good. :) It is nice to be with family and friends here. :D

Niraya Maedu Pallangal. I meant the chennai road :evil:

bye. see u some other time. :wave:
/dig

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 05:53 PM
ERODE - ESP

they release only english movies....pataasu effectu...they have balcony knid of set up with sathyam kind of effect which is rare

Even in MADURAI,

Mappillai vinayagar was screening only English movies for years. The first tamil movie that got released there was

PERAZHAGAN ! :P

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 06:55 PM
Joe,

List of theatres
1. PalaniAaandavar DTS
2. Ganesh
3. Thangamani
4. Bala Ganesh

Selva, r u from sivakasi. Gr8 yaar.. Since i did my PG in MEPCO, i have seen movies in all these theatres. Palaniandavar is good. But Rajalakshmi in virudhunagar is comparitively good..

Aandavan
13th November 2006, 07:01 PM
Biggest theaters in chennai
seating capacity
Sathyam-1266
Devi-1238
Albert-1150devi paradise is the biggest... capacity is around 1300

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:04 PM
Devi paradise padu mattam. Watched Ah..aah and vomitted.

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 07:06 PM
Selva, r u from sivakasi. Gr8 yaar.. Since i did my PG in MEPCO, i have seen movies in all these theatres. Palaniandavar is good. But Rajalakshmi in virudhunagar is comparitively good..

:oops:
I did my UG in THE PAALVAADI :banghead: MEPCO... Yaar Thalaivaaa neenga.. Expecting a PM atleast ! :D :D
Yup !! PA was known for screening
:oops: movies in the past.. Hope you remember ! :lol:

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:12 PM
S. i do remember the movies.. :D :D :D :D

I did my MBA @ Mepco(2003-05) batch, thalaivaa..

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 07:21 PM
S. i do remember the movies.. :D :D :D :D

I did my MBA @ Mepco(2003-05) batch, thalaivaa..

I did my BE there... (2005 batch) :shock: MBA -- I know VIGNESH who won the GOLD MEDAL in ur batch :?

ajithfederer
13th November 2006, 07:28 PM
Central theatre rocked....... :cry: :cry: Used to screen only english movies..... :D

Central theatre is no more. :(
For me Archana is best.

ajaybaskar
He was in the previous batch,dude..

great
Central theatre rocked....... :cry: :cry: Used to screen only english movies..... :D

Thorai englipish padam thaan paapar :evil:

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:29 PM

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 07:32 PM
:) oh.. Is it ? Not sure.. :D
Nice to meet someone familiar ! :)

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 07:33 PM
yeahh..do keep in touch

nilavupriyan
13th November 2006, 07:40 PM
ERODE - ESP

Even in MADURAI,

Mappillai vinayagar was screening only English movies for years. The first tamil movie that got released there was

here they dont allow becoz the way to theatre is so small and the entry sandhu is too small..rasigar kootam vara mudiyadhu

swathy
13th November 2006, 08:03 PM
MADURAI --- RED FORT :wink:

1.Annamalai
2.Guru
3.Karthick
4.Sundaram
5.Chinthamani
6.Amirtham
7.Ambigai
8.Mappilai Vinayagar
9.Priya Complex
10.Solaimalai
11.Maharani
12.Nadana
13.Shah Complex
14.Central
15.Alangar
16.Abirami
17.Nataraj
18.Mathy
19.Meenakshi & Meenakshi Paradise
20.Jeeva & Jothi
21.Hari Vignesh
22.Vellaikkannu
23.Pothiraja
24.Deepa & Rupa
25.Sakthi & Sivam
26.Thangam (Parameswari)
27.ThangaRegal
28.Devi
29.Madhu
30.Ram Victoria
31.Saraswathi
32.Padma
33.Midland
34.Murugan
35.Ganesh
36.Thinamani
37.Palani Arumuga
38.Aravinth
39.New Deluxe
40.Shri Ram
41.Karthick
42.Sonai Muthiah
43.Maharaja
44.Lakshmi
45.Venkatachalapathi
46.Raja
47.Pandiyan

Kalakkal selva:clap:

Maanika vinayagar
naatiya, narthana
Mookambika idhu ellam ippo illaiya

villan007
13th November 2006, 08:10 PM

Senthil-kumaran is the best now 8-)

bulb_mani
13th November 2006, 08:23 PM
Chennai Udayam :?

Nerd
13th November 2006, 09:15 PM

I dont think so. The theatre is pretty small. Its not even as big as sonA. The best theatre in trichy WAS sippy. Cleanest, years back. SonA is still not bad. I saw a movie there this jan. Maris 70mm used to be very good but I heard that they are closing down soon. Kalai arangam is the biggest but they will turn the A/C off at nights. Cauvery was the first theatre to be equipped with DTS. With construction going on there (I think its still going), the theatre has become less accessible. I think sonA is still the best theatre. Ramba is my most favourite, its a Rajini forte 8-)

And yeh prabath has been demolished..

joe
13th November 2006, 09:27 PM

I dont think so. The theatre is pretty small. Its not even as big as sonA. The best theatre in trichy WAS sippy. Cleanest, years back. SonA is still not bad. I saw a movie there this jan. Maris 70mm used to be very good but I heard that they are closing down soon. Kalai arangam is the biggest but they will turn the A/C off at nights. Cauvery was the first theatre to be equipped with DTS. With construction going on there (I think its still going), the theatre has become less accessible. I think sonA is still the best theatre. Ramba is my most favourite, its a Rajini forte 8-)

And yeh prabath has been demolished..

Thanks Nerd ! This is more close to what I know.

Maris is going to be closed? What they are going to do with that big complex ?

Sippy WAS best means ,not now? what happened?Still screening only english movies?

Sona is not bad .I watched many movies there (Chinna Gounder ,Salaingai Oli (Re-released)

Ramba -rajini fort..true..I have seen Uzhaippali,Blood Stone,Nattukoru nallavan etc there.

But once Maris is the default complex for Kamal and rajini movies (Devar magan,Guna,MMKR,Mahanathi,Annamalai,Veera,Tharmath in thalaivan,Ejaman etc)

Nerd
13th November 2006, 09:44 PM
Joe:

There were rumors regarding maris that they are going to sell that place to apollo group/chennai silks (Chennai silks is now in singarathope). Never happened. Right now only 70mm and rock are screening movies and the theatre is poorly maintainted, I was told.

Sippy was closed down some 6 months back. Some probs b/w the brothers who own the theatre. They started screening a FEW tamil movies a couple of years back. Nowadays I dont think any direct english movie is releasing in trichy. All dubbed versions :banghead:

Sippy and maris went to an all-time low when they started screening adult movies some 3-4 years back :oops:

You wouldnt have had a chance to watch movies in sonA after the DTS equipment. IMO, the sound system is amazing in sonA. Esp I cant forget bAbA. They renovated the theatre once again b4 bAbA's release. Its still good.

Maris mostly screens Kamal movies. Cauvery screens shankar movies. All the rajini movies will be released in ramba along with either maris/cauvery 8-)

Another theatre worth mentioning is ramakrishna. Old movies and second-run of new movies were screened there. baatshah ran in ramakrishna for 100 days if my memory serves me right :)

There is another theatre, star which USED to screen new movies. I dont know the status of it right now. It has a unique recored of screening an adult movie for 100 days. Trichy residents at that time should be knowing about this *phenomenon* :rotfl:

joe
13th November 2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks Nerd! Interesting developements!

When I was studying there ,every sunday going to Sippy is must (no matter what movie! Because they release one english movie per week). :)

Maris-Adult movies :shock: :shock:

I know ramakrishna ,watched few old movies there. :)

Star-adult movie? surprising.. :shock: Until when I was there it was also new-release theatre .I watched Ithayaththai Thirudathe there. :)

Nerd
13th November 2006, 10:32 PM
Yeh Joe, maris/sippy started screening adult movies and believe me those atleast made them some money !!

And I think that *famous* star theatre movie was released in 1998. Star again started releasing new movies, I dont know its status now.

In sippy, the last english movie I saw was the signs by manoj night shyamaLan. But I wont forget watching A.I. there, literally alone :lol:

m_23_bayarea
14th November 2006, 06:18 AM
Does this thread include Madras theatres as well ?? :?

If Yes, then my favorites are Devi, Albert, and Sathyam !!! Big theatres, Huge screens, great sound effects, and amazing ambience !!! Watching a show on the first week when it's housefull was always my favorite thing when I was in High-School and College in Madras !!!

:thumbsup:

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 06:20 AM
bayarea have u been to parangimalai JOTHI ? :D They are no more playing softcore.. they are playing Hardcore movies... i mean Hardcore Action Movies of Ajith and Vijay :wink: :P

m_23_bayarea
14th November 2006, 06:22 AM
bayarea have u been to parangimalai JOTHI ? :D They are no more playing softcore.. they are playing Hardcore movies... i mean Hardcore Action Movies of Ajith and Vijay :wink: :P

The only time I remember watching a good Tamil movie was BAASHA when it got released like the 15th time or something !!! Otherwise, that theatre was known for some not-so-recommended-movies in those days !! You know what I mean?? :lol: :lol:

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 06:23 AM

The only time I remember watching a good Tamil movie was BAASHA when it got released like the 15th time or something !!! Otherwise, that theatre was known for some not-so-recommended-movies in those days !! You know what I mean?? :lol: :lol:

thats why i said SOFTCORE :wink: :P

m_23_bayarea
14th November 2006, 06:25 AM
thats why i said SOFTCORE :wink: :P

Right on dude !! :lol:

Sanjeevi
14th November 2006, 09:59 AM
What about Salem

I guess Salem is the city which has highest number theatres in Tamilnadu and the count will be about 100. Correct me if wrong

P_R
14th November 2006, 10:25 AM
Madurai city has plenty of theatres. So much so that everyone tends to patronize their pEttai theatre.

Mathi used to screen all Kamal films. I think I saw every single Kamal film only in Mathi A/c. Nice theatre (near my school :P ). Only problem is they will switch off the A/C after Maharashravil boogambam newsreel.

MappiLLai Vinayagar was a great theatre. They never cut a/c which is a rarity in Madurai. In fact if the theatre was not full you will feel so cold that you will wish there were songs in the movies. But they always screened English films, so you will wait till Arnie gets romantic (u don't watch that, do you? ). They used to get a nice stock of English films. Most often action but sometimes other Hollywood films too. But action films where the no. 1 priority. After all 'Arnald and Stalin' filled the seats. Manikkka Vinayagar, which is in the same complex used to screen less attractive English films or martial arts flicks. Mappillai for Arnold and Manikkam for Jet Li. First theatre where they used to make hot popcorn and give it to u (no prepacked cold stale popcorn). They used to sell only Mappillai Vinayagar brand soft drinks. The first ever Hindi film they screened was 1942 a Love Story. But I hear now they screen a lot of Hindi and even Tamil films :-(

In Arasaradi area, Solaimalai is a famous theatre. All Rajini films will have a definite realease here. But the theatre is ordinary. Ram Victoria, just a few meters from Solamalai, started off well. I remember Rangeela was a huge hit there. Even the theatre used to be pretty good. But soon they branched off into soft porn.

Amirtham is a good theatre in a pathetic location. But for one full year, the people of Madurai dared the narrow roads and slush in rains to watch Hum Apke Hain Koun. (a courtesy they didn't extend Hey Ram :-( ). They screen Hindi and Tamil films. Basically there are no other good theatres in that area. Aravind, Sri Murugan are rather recent. But they screen some old Sivaji,MGR films there. The theatre is ordinary but if you want to watch a Enga veettu piLLai (putham puthiya copy), for 15 bucks do head to Aravind. One theatre that used to be great when it started was Kalaivani (in Tirunagar). I heard it is not so good now.

At the rates one would really not mind going even to Midland, Guru or VeLLaikkaNNu. Harivignesh (in Pazhanganatham) now runs only second releases but it used to be release centre for Mani ratnam, Bhagyaraj (back then it used to be called Jagatha). Another theatre that used to be good was Nataraj (in vasantha nagar). They used to specialize in dubbed films (I am the kind who watched Vaijayanthi IPS, Bloodstone in the theatre). It has been renamed to Velmurugan now, but no great cosmetic changes.

In the town area, Sakthi-Sivam is the famous but terrible theatre. Don't ever go there. Captain movies release here (yet another reason to stay away :-) ). Sinthamani and Central cinema are pretty okay. (If I'm right Sinthamani was named after MKT's hit film of the same name that ran for a year there). I have never been to the famous Thangam theatre. It was dead (I heard GV films has bought the theatre now, so it may be operational again. Perhaps it already is, Mdu hubbers confirm)
Nadana complex is pretty good. But they don't always get good movies. So if u go for a movie and don't get the ticket the other options will be terrible (unlike Priya complex where u will always have a decent enough choice).

Kalpana in Simmakkal was a lacklusture theatre but it got refurbished and renamed as Annamalai. Their first movie after the facelift was Avvai Shanmugi. That's the last time I went there it was pretty decent then. Can't beleive 10 years have passed by. Near the railway station Thanga Reagal is the famous theatre. They used to screen Jackie Chan films also :roll:

That side of the Vaigai, Priya complex (near Anna bus stand) was great. Very good theatres, especially the small Minipriya. Well maintained, the best tamil films always come here and best icecream in all of Madurai theatres. Ambika-Mookambika (near TheppakkuLam) is a also a very good theatre but for some reason they are underrated. They used to get many Mani ratnam films here. Sundaram Theatre near the Vandiyur lake was one of the few theatres in that end of town. Karagattakkaran had a long run here. But I hear now it has become a kalyana mandapam.

I am not so familiar in that part of town so I may be missing many on that side of the Vaigai. Some theatres like Maharani,Hajira, Mookambikai (not Mookambika , this is another one) , I have not even visited in the several years I was in Madurai.

Overall Madurai has several options very close theatres, very reasonably priced - so u never feel cheated even if u see a terrible film.

sgokulprathap
14th November 2006, 10:46 AM
ERODE - ESP

they release only english movies....pataasu effectu...they have balcony knid of set up with sathyam kind of effect which is rare that is VSP i think, not ESP. Nice theatre. Watchd gladiator there.

swathy
14th November 2006, 11:06 AM
Prabhu ram :clap:

Hope u have visited all the theaters in madurai.

I have visited Priya complex, some vinayagar I dont remember whether it is mappillai or manickam.

Roja in Solaimalai, DDLJ in Ram victoria.HAHK in Amirtham.

I dunno where I watched vaali. that was my last movie in madurai.

selvakumar
14th November 2006, 12:40 PM
Sundaram Theatre near the Vandiyur lake was one of the few theatres in that end of town.Karagattakkaran had a long run here. But I hear now it has become a kalyana mandapam.

:shock: Nope.. Which one you are referring to.. Is this the one which is close to ANNA NAGAR ! After the signaL ? or a different one !
I know only one SUNDARAM THEATRE !

It has not become a KALYAANA MANDAPAM :P It is emerging as the biggest complex in MADURAI with a new name !
SUNDARAM > MAJESTY CINE MAAL ! They are building one more theatre in the complex :P The old one rocks with the NEW DIGITAL SOUND SYSTEM.. Trust me.. I watched Varalaaru for the first time there.. It is 100 times better than PVR.. FIGHT SCENE ADI VIZHURA SOUND... EN KAALLA VIZHUNTHUCHU !! :D It is going to be the best ! W

selvakumar
14th November 2006, 12:42 PM
Near the railway station Thanga Reagal is the famous theatre. They used to screen Jackie Chan films also Rolling Eyes

beg to differ. It has the reputation for screening ADULT FILMS.. Nowadays they prefer Adult films all the time ! :roll:
When did you see this theatre screening JC films ! :roll:

swathy
14th November 2006, 12:48 PM
Sundaram Theatre near the Vandiyur lake was one of the few theatres in that end of town.Karagattakkaran had a long run here. But I hear now it has become a kalyana mandapam.

:shock: Nope.. Which one you are referring to.. Is this the one which is close to ANNA NAGAR ! After the signaL ? or a different one !

It has not become a KALYAANA MANDAPAM :P It is emerging as the biggest complex in MADURAI with a new name !
SUNDARAM > MAJESTY CINE MAAL ! They are building one more theatre in the complex :P The old one rocks with the NEW DIGITAL SOUND SYSTEM.. Trust me.. I watched Varalaaru for the first time there.. It is 100 times better than PVR.. FIGHT SCENE ADI VIZHURA SOUND... EN KAALLA VIZHUNTHUCHU !! :D It is going to be the best ! W

yah 2 weeks before my mother visited some kalyana mantap near sundaram theater and she said it was flooded with ajith fans :-)

swathy
14th November 2006, 12:49 PM
Near the railway station Thanga Reagal is the famous theatre. They used to screen Jackie Chan films also Rolling Eyes

beg to differ. It has the reputation for screening ADULT FILMS.. Nowadays they prefer Adult films all the time ! :roll:

ellam therinju vachukko :hammer:

selvakumar
14th November 2006, 12:59 PM
yah 2 weeks before my mother visited some kalyana mantap near sundaram theater and she said it was flooded with ajith fans :-)

wow.. That was one theatre which rocked on on oct 23.. Seating capacity was around 800.. I think.. :D It was flooded with ajith fans.. Reminded me FDFS OF VILLAN ! I heard that still it is rocking MADURAI and will cross 100 days there atleast in one or two theatres..
SUNDARAM theatre owner said that they don't have any idea to replace the movie since it is witnessing huge crowd ! :D

ellam therinju vachukko :hammer:

:rotfl:
Karka Karaka... KaLLam Karka
Katra pinbu nirka athargu Thaga !
:lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
14th November 2006, 01:07 PM
ERODE - ESP

Even in MADURAI,

You know when they played 'Perazhgan' movie there ?

Local makkal was requesting to play Tamil movies but theatre owners rejected those requests for aroud 6months...

Kaduppana madhurai maindhargal, oru naatu vedigunda ticket counter pakkathula veesitaanga :rotfl:

Tension aanavanga appo release aana "Perazhagan" padatha angga release pannitaanga!

Now Selva they stopped playing English movies there! They are playing Tamil-Dubbed English movies (Like Seerum Singam:Padhungum naagam,Mirattal adi :rotfl: etc ) in Manikka Vinayagar and Tamil movies in Maapillai vinayagar!

The most worst theatre in madurai are "Guru" and "Solamalai"
I saw Youth,Samurai,Baba,Viillan etc., in these theatres.

Madurai theatres-la A/C podavey maataanga :cry2: Only at Maapilai\Maanicka Vinayagar,Cinepriya...Minipriya(Where is saw Mounam Pesiyadhey ) you can enjoy A/C facility.

Sound system DTS effects is good at Vinayagar complex and at Sinthamani ( Here they will always play action movies like Run,Dhool,Dhill etc).Counter will be in road :shock: ...Edhavadhu periya aalungga padam release aachuna andha area-vey thiruvizha kolam thaan.

Madhi,Abhirami theatres are descent! At Madhi i saw 'Bagavathi' :cry2: , New and in Abhirami i saw Kaadhal Konden!

Selva I think you missed 'Thanga Reegal' :lol: and one theatre at Vandiyur... Its famous for Balana padangal :wink:

selvakumar
14th November 2006, 02:00 PM
Becks brother, :rotfl:

You know when they played 'Perazhgan' movie there ?
Local makkal was requesting to play Tamil movies but theatre owners rejected those requests for aroud 6months...
Kaduppana madhurai maindhargal, oru naatu vedigunda ticket counter pakkathula veesitaanga :rotfl:

I didn't know this till now.. :rotfl: Thanks for the info ! :D

The most worst theatre in madurai are "Guru" and "Solamalai"
I saw Youth,Samurai,Baba,Viillan etc., in these theatres.

Villan ! :shock: VEDI ETHUVUM PODALA ! :lol2:

Madurai theatres-la A/C podavey maataanga :cry2: Only at Maapilai\Maanicka Vinayagar,Cinepriya...Minipriya(Where is saw Mounam Pesiyadhey ) you can enjoy A/C facility.

:rotfl: A/C theva padura MADURAI La poda mattenguraanunga.. A/C yae thevai illaatha BANGALORE la A/C pottu saavadikuraanuga :rotfl:

Selva I think you missed 'Thanga Reegal' :lol: and one theatre at Vandiyur... Its famous for Balana padangal :wink:

donno.. My friend missed it I think.. He was the one who gave that list to me ! :lol:

Sanjeevi
14th November 2006, 02:49 PM

Once they screened JC films. I have watched some films including Who Am I?, Twin Brothers (Twin Dragons) :cool:

imsai
14th November 2006, 02:50 PM
Once they screened JC films. I have watched some films including Who Am I?, Twin Brothers (Twin Dragons) :cool: :shaking:

selvakumar
14th November 2006, 02:53 PM
Once they screened JC films. I have watched some films including Who Am I?, Twin Brothers (Twin Dragons) :cool: :shaking:

Sanjeevi brother just kidding ! :)
But nowadays it has become a MATTER THEATRE ! :cry:

Sanjeevi
14th November 2006, 02:56 PM

Sanjeevi brother just kidding ! :)
But nowadays it has become a MATTER THEATRE ! :cry:

Selva, I know the current status of Thanga Regal and have seen some :lol:

@imsai, enna achu unakku :roll:

P_R
15th November 2006, 12:15 AM

Once they screened JC films. I have watched some films including Who Am I?, Twin Brothers (Twin Dragons) :cool:

No selva not all the time. Perhaps that is the case now. Their main business was matter films but they used to screen others also.
It was Jackie Chan's release centre in Madurai.

I was addicted to Jackei Chan films. They used to be produced mostly by Golden Harvest films and distributed by (the now famous) Oscar Ravichandran.

I saw all Jackie Chan films only in Thanga Reagal:
Armor of God
Challenge
Revenge
Wheels on Meals
Police Story series
Twin Dragon
Dragons Forever
Protector
Operation Condor
Who Am I

It's only after he went to Hollywood that his movies went to other theatres. Rumble in The Bronx was released in Priya Complex. Rush Hour in Mappillai etc.

Thanga Reagal also used to low key martial arts flicks Cynthia Khan films. In fact the movie that made Jet Li famous: Rebel, was released in here. It was a big hit. Only subsequently Mappillai woke up to Jet Li's draw and released forthcoming jet Li films.

It has not become a KALYAANA MANDAPAM Razz It is emerging as the biggest complex in MADURAI with a new name !
SUNDARAM > MAJESTY CINE MAAL ! They are building one more theatre in the complex Razz The old one rocks with the NEW DIGITAL SOUND SYSTEM.. Trust me.. I watched Varalaaru for the first time there.. It is 100 times better than PVR.. FIGHT SCENE ADI VIZHURA SOUND... EN KAALLA VIZHUNTHUCHU !! Very Happy It is going to be the best ! Regarding Sundaram Theatre I guess I goofed up. I went to Madurai a few months ago and I was driving by that area after many many years. So I must have missed it and mistaken the Kalyana Mandapam for it. Sorry about that. Nice to know it still exists and is getting bigger

Amarshiva
15th November 2006, 02:36 AM
I was addicted to Jackei Chan films. They used to be produced mostly by Golden Harvest films and distributed by (the now famous) Oscar Ravichandran.

I saw all Jackie Chan films only in Thanga Reagal:
Armor of God
Challenge
Revenge
Wheels on Meals
Police Story series
Twin Dragon
Dragons Forever
Protector
Operation Condor
Who Am I

quote]

All the above movies were released in Chennai(Alankar) the best theatre in chennai(now it's a big commercial complex) and ran more than 100 dudes. Also, they were all released by the biggie (oscar ravichandran) and mostly it ran for packed houses even in the night shows. What a theatre it was!!!! [/quote]

Sanguine Sridhar
15th November 2006, 02:41 AM
So Amar is also from Madurai!! Whoaa... :D

Madura pola varuma? :wink:

selvakumar
15th November 2006, 08:44 AM
PR,
Thanks for the clarification on Thanga ReegaL. I didn't know about this. But everytime I vist the station, I saw only those movies running there ! What you say might be true in the past. May be coz of the fact that there are no JC movies in the recent itmes. :roll:

Reg Sundaram,
Yah ! It looks like MARRIAGE HALL ! But they are just about to complete everything. The next time you go there ! YOu will see a COMPLEX with LOT OF SHOPS and other things :P

Unicorn
9th December 2006, 12:42 PM
when are the INOX and PVR complexes @ Chennai gonna get ready for the public :roll:

swathy
9th December 2006, 01:59 PM
So Amar is also from Madurai!! Whoaa... :D

Madura pola varuma? :wink:

:D :thumbsup:

I miss madurai :( :cry:

VENKIRAJA
9th December 2006, 08:00 PM
KANCHIPURAM:
1.BABU COMPLEX
2.KARTIKEYAN(THOUGH SMALL,LUCKY ONE.THE RELEASES HERE ARE ONLY BLOCKBUSTERS)

VENKIRAJA
9th December 2006, 08:00 PM
KANCHIPURAM:
1.BABU COMPLEX
2.KARTIKEYAN(THOUGH SMALL,LUCLY ONE.THE RELEASES HERE ARE ONLY BLOCKBUSTERS)

Unicorn
10th December 2006, 10:26 PM
Theaters in Madurai where Pokiri has been confirmed :?
Any body knos abt these theaters :roll:

SOLAMALAI
AMIRTHAM
PRIYACOMPLEX AND
VETRI

ajaybaskar
21st April 2007, 07:34 PM
Chakravarthy theatre in nagercoil has been leased by Pyramid Saimira Theatres Ltd. They r going to renovate both the theatres in the complex and they are to be equipped with state of art sound systems.

joe
21st April 2007, 11:08 PM
Chakravarthy theatre in nagercoil has been leased by Pyramid Saimira Theatres Ltd. They r going to renovate both the theatres in the complex and they are to be equipped with state of art sound systems.

Thanks for the info..are u from Nanjil Naadu?

ArulprakasH
21st April 2007, 11:27 PM
Karur

Kalaiyarangam.. Pretty BIG theatre 1000+ capacity.. Best DTS effects...

Ajantha & Ellora.. Good Theatres

Thinnappa.. An old one.

LAXMIRAM.. An old theatre, renovated during Kaaka Kaaka release... After that all THALA movies released there... CM ran 100 days here..

littlemaster1982
21st April 2007, 11:35 PM
Arulprakash,

You forgot Amudha & Pon Amudha too. These theatres also have good sound system.

And Amudha theatre's icecream is my favorite...

ArulprakasH
22nd April 2007, 09:48 PM
Yup I missed it.. Sterday I was in a hurry... I had cn lot of movies there....

ajaybaskar
22nd April 2007, 09:50 PM

I am,Joe...

Near GP Hospital..

joe
23rd April 2007, 06:50 AM

I am,Joe...

Near GP Hospital..

Hope you mean Gopala Pillai :) Glad :D

Villan
30th April 2007, 03:04 PM
Chennai Sathyam Cinemas is best theatre...... 8-) But the only thing irritate is thr cost of tickets.... :?

Sanjeevi
30th April 2007, 03:30 PM
Chennai Sathyam Cinemas is best theatre...... 8-) But the only thing irritate is thr cost of tickets.... :?

If you compare with Bangalore's PVR like multiplexes, it is far better. Also it is better than Chennai's other theatre's block ticket rates.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
30th April 2007, 04:20 PM
Chennai Satyam theatre maybe good at Sound Systems and Screen Size but not in good enviroinment inside...the seats are still older adn sometimes it does'nt smell good at Balcony(I had this experience....)

They charge 90 whcih si nominal but take a look at PVR in bangalore....they charge 120-150 but the quality is great in all terms. Satyam should match to quality like those. Its a theatre,which, in recent times, is enjoying good crowds even for some average movies...mostly college crowd...

nemesis786
30th April 2007, 04:25 PM
Chennaila INOX is best :D

crajkumar_be
30th April 2007, 04:31 PM
Parangimalai Jothi
Paadi Lakshmibala
Purasai Motcham
Mount Road Gaeity

State of the art plush theatres with cutting edge technology

nemesis786
30th April 2007, 04:33 PM
Parangimalai Jothi
Paadi Lakshmibala
Purasai Motcham
Mount Road Gaeity

:rotfl: :oops:

ajaybaskar
30th April 2007, 04:37 PM
Motcham has stopped screening those kinda films these days na..

nemesis786
30th April 2007, 04:38 PM

You guys forgot Perngalathur ANURAG :lol2:

Villan
30th April 2007, 05:47 PM
Parangimalai Jothi
Paadi Lakshmibala
Purasai Motcham
Mount Road Gaeity

Naatpu Motchamthula andha mathri podurathu illa ippo....

Gaeitya close pannitanga......chennai thrinthi kittu varuthu maapalai.... 8-)

Villan
30th April 2007, 05:49 PM

You guys forgot Perngalathur ANURAG :lol2:

Anuraga seal vachi ippo idichi thalitanga...

crajkumar_be
30th April 2007, 06:09 PM
oh.. I sound like M.S Bhaskar in Mozhi :oops:

P.S: But i'm sure Paadi Lakshmibala and Maruthi still continue with the tradition

Amarshiva
1st May 2007, 12:24 PM
Alankar was the best of all the theatres in chennai. Unfortunately they devoped that to a commercial center. Those days, evey satyam was not able to contest with alankar crowd.

Their AC/sound system, parking was good. Pilot theater screen was the best and so as the sound system those days. I am talking about 10 years back. Now satyam is good. However it's not worth as some one said like environment parking etc.

May be prarathana drive in is good. Also, we shouldn't forget about Devi and Paradise good theatres and so as Albert. Though Albert was not in the A crowd zone, still it was able to maintain # 1 on cleanliness for sometime.

Now I heard INox is the best next to Mayajaal cineplex. I am planning to go to inox this week. let me confirm that .

Villan
1st May 2007, 12:45 PM
oh.. I sound like M.S Bhaskar in Mozhi :oops:

P.S: But i'm sure Paadi Lakshmibala and Maruthi still continue with the tradition

:lol: Antha areava pathi ennaku theriyala

ksen
1st May 2007, 01:02 PM
Parangimalai Jothi
Paadi Lakshmibala
Purasai Motcham
Mount Road Gaeity

edhu - seataa :rotfl:

seran
2nd May 2007, 11:26 AM
Chennai Satyam theatre maybe good at Sound Systems and Screen Size but not in good enviroinment inside...the seats are still older adn sometimes it does'nt smell good at Balcony(I had this experience....)

They charge 90 whcih si nominal but take a look at PVR in bangalore....they charge 120-150 but the quality is great in all terms. Satyam should match to quality like those. Its a theatre,which, in recent times, is enjoying good crowds even for some average movies...mostly college crowd...
Though PVR can't match Satyam in terms of screen size, the atmosphere you get in TN theatres, I feel, PVR bangalore is best in sound effects, quality, customer comfort etc. You get the ultimate movie going experience.
One important thing is the toilets are clean, which you can't see in most of the theatres except the multiplexes :-)

ajaybaskar
8th June 2007, 11:21 AM
Any idea about Royal theatre in Villivakkam? Posterae paakka mudiyala.. Demolish pannitaangala?

rockydeva
8th June 2007, 11:25 AM
Any idea about Royal theatre in Villivakkam? Posterae paakka mudiyala.. Demolish pannitaangala?

i am living near to royal theatre, it is fully demolished , and multi complex is devaloping there.. with 4 theatres... :cool:

ajaybaskar
8th June 2007, 11:27 AM

i am living near to royal theatre, it is fully demolished , and multi complex is devaloping there.. with 4 theatres... :cool:

yaaru kattaranga? The same ppl or someone else?

Thirumaran
8th June 2007, 11:28 AM
While talking about demolishing theatre, In Pondicherry too i believe the Anandha and Bala Anandha complex got demolished. The best theatres in Pondicherry :cry: The only better theater left is Balaji. That too i think will be demolished after Shivaji movie :cry: They were waiting for the Shivaji movie only :)

In which theaters in Pondicherry Shivaji releasing :roll:

rockydeva
8th June 2007, 11:30 AM

yaaru kattaranga? The same ppl or someone else?

yes the same people

rockydeva
8th June 2007, 11:30 AM
While talking about demolishing theatre, In Pondicherry too i believe the Anandha and Bala Anandha complex got demolished. The best theatres in Pondicherry :cry: The only better theater left is Balaji. That too i think will be demolished after Shivaji movie :cry: They were waiting for the Shivaji movie only :)

TM pondicherry pOi yen theatre-rukku pOga pOrOm.. :wink:

ajaybaskar
8th June 2007, 11:32 AM

Thirumaran
8th June 2007, 11:34 AM

:rotfl: :P

But athu Karthikeyan, Selva maathiri Pullai galukaaga sonnathu :poke:

rockydeva
8th June 2007, 11:39 AM

:rotfl: :P

But athu Karthikeyan, Selva maathiri Pullai galukaaga sonnathu :poke:

ithu aniyAyam :evil:

Prasanna
9th June 2007, 08:55 PM
have you guys eard about gopalakrishna in porur[chennai].
it has only benches instead of chairs but premeres certain new good films. the balcony tickets prices charge at the rate of normal tickets
:!: :) :froggrin: :noteeth:

smith1
16th July 2007, 04:23 PM
-deleted-

ajaybaskar
16th July 2007, 04:29 PM
Gopikrishna is different from gopalakrishna. The former is in Aynavaram and the latter is in Porur.

Devar Magan
17th July 2007, 01:52 PM

In which theaters in Pondicherry Shivaji releasing :roll: chinna pullaigalukku therinjathu kooda ungala pola thaathaagalukku theriyalaye.. :lol: Balaji-la already DASA stills are loaded.. they are not going to demolish it..

Thirumaran
17th July 2007, 01:57 PM

In which theaters in Pondicherry Shivaji releasing :roll: chinna pullaigalukku therinjathu kooda ungala pola thaathaagalukku theriyalaye.. :lol: Balaji-la already DASA stills are loaded.. they are not going to demolish it..

That is cool :cool2: It had been years i had a direct touch with Pondicherry. The news which i said was what i heard 3 months before :roll:

Naan Thaathavaa :hammer:

sgokulprathap
17th July 2007, 03:45 PM

It ws closed down fr many years, but they hv opend d theatre from JAn2007. Heard sound quality rocks. Bt Im yet to c a movie there aftr it got reopend.

and the next is baba Complex, Archana,Dharchana, very decent theatre. It rocks. Best in CBE. :thumbsup:

and next is KG complex, Entha time kku ponalum block la ticket vaangittu pogalaam,:) :D 4 theatres (Ragam, Thanam, Pallavi, Anupallavi). Ragam n Thanam r gud.

and next one, Ganga complex. Its Karpagam Complex. Has 3 theatres (Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri). But i dont lik any of these 3 theatres. Kaveri is digital theatre. Bt wen i saw Sivaji ther, the sound echoed a bit.
But despite the fact tat i dont lik Karpagam complex, i hv watchd many movies there 1ly. :roll:
Another gud theatre in CBE - Senthel, Kumaran. Its seating arrangements r best among d CBE theatres. Ideal seats available fr couples. :wink:
Shanthi theatre is also a gud one, bt not upto the standards of other theatres.

This wud b my order in CBE theatres:
1) Baba Complex (Archana, Darsana) :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
2) Senthel / Kumaran :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
3) Central (Central, Kanakathara) :thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
4) KG Complex (Ragam, Thanam, Pallavi, Anupallavi) :thumbsup:
5) Karpagam complex (Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri) :cry:
6) Shanthi :cry: :cry2:

saradhaa_sn
18th July 2007, 05:26 PM
காணவில்லை

எனது பள்ளிப்பருவத்தின்போது சென்னையில் திரைப்படங்கள் பார்த்து மகிழ்ந்த கீழ்க்காணும் திரையரங்குகளைக் காணவில்லை.

1. பாரகன்
2. சித்ரா
3. நியூ எல்பின்ஸ்டன்
4. பிளாசா
5. வெலிங்டன்
6. அலங்கார்
7. ஆனந்த்
8. லிட்டில் ஆனந்த்
9. சஃபையர்
10. எமரால்ட்
11. ப்ளூ டையமண்ட்
12. சன்
13. ராஜகுமாரி
14. நேஷனல் (மேற்கு மாம்பலம்)
15. தமிழ்நாடு
16. பிரபாத்
17. கிரௌன்
18. புவனேஸ்வரி
19. மகாலக்ஷ்மி
20. சரஸ்வதி
21. ராக்ஸி
22. மினர்வா

சென்னையில் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் கோட்டைகளாக விளங்கிய சாந்தி. கிரௌன், புவனேஸ்வரி அரங்குகளில் இப்போது சாந்தி மட்டுமே உள்ளது. மற்ற இரண்டும் இடிக்கப்பட்டு விட்டன. சிவாஜியின் இன்னொரு கோட்டையான திருச்சி பிரபாத்தும் இடிக்கப்பட்டு விட்டது.

raaja_rasigan
18th July 2007, 06:19 PM

It ws closed down fr many years, but they hv opend d theatre from JAn2007. Heard sound quality rocks. Bt Im yet to c a movie there aftr it got reopend.

and the next is baba Complex, Archana,Dharchana, very decent theatre. It rocks. Best in CBE. :thumbsup:

and next is KG complex, Entha time kku ponalum block la ticket vaangittu pogalaam,:) :D 4 theatres (Ragam, Thanam, Pallavi, Anupallavi). Ragam n Thanam r gud.

and next one, Ganga complex. Its Karpagam Complex. Has 3 theatres (Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri). But i dont lik any of these 3 theatres. Kaveri is digital theatre. Bt wen i saw Sivaji ther, the sound echoed a bit.
But despite the fact tat i dont lik Karpagam complex, i hv watchd many movies there 1ly. :roll:
Another gud theatre in CBE - Senthel, Kumaran. Its seating arrangements r best among d CBE theatres. Ideal seats available fr couples. :wink:
Shanthi theatre is also a gud one, bt not upto the standards of other theatres.

This wud b my order in CBE theatres:
1) Baba Complex (Archana, Darsana) :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
2) Senthel / Kumaran :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
3) Central (Central, Kanakathara) :thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
4) KG Complex (Ragam, Thanam, Pallavi, Anupallavi) :thumbsup:
5) Karpagam complex (Ganga, Yamuna, Kaveri) :cry:
6) Shanthi :cry: :cry2:

joe
18th July 2007, 07:23 PM
. சிவாஜியின் இன்னொரு கோட்டையான திருச்சி பிரபாத்தும் இடிக்கப்பட்டு விட்டது.
:cry:

Corleone
18th July 2007, 08:11 PM
காணவில்லை

எனது பள்ளிப்பருவத்தின்போது சென்னையில் திரைப்படங்கள் பார்த்து மகிழ்ந்த கீழ்க்காணும் திரையரங்குகளைக் காணவில்லை.

1. பாரகன்
2. சித்ரா
3. நியூ எல்பின்ஸ்டன்
4. பிளாசா
5. வெலிங்டன்
6. அலங்கார்
7. ஆனந்த்
8. லிட்டில் ஆனந்த்
9. சஃபையர்
10. எமரால்ட்
11. ப்ளூ டையமண்ட்
12. சன்
13. ராஜகுமாரி
14. நேஷனல் (மேற்கு மாம்பலம்)
15. தமிழ்நாடு
16. பிரபாத்
17. கிரௌன்
18. புவனேஸ்வரி
19. மகாலக்ஷ்மி
20. சரஸ்வதி
21. ராக்ஸி
22. மினர்வா

சென்னையில் நடிகர்திலகத்தின் கோட்டைகளாக விளங்கிய சாந்தி. கிரௌன், புவனேஸ்வரி அரங்குகளில் இப்போது சாந்தி மட்டுமே உள்ளது. மற்ற இரண்டும் இடிக்கப்பட்டு விட்டன. சிவாஜியின் இன்னொரு கோட்டையான திருச்சி பிரபாத்தும் இடிக்கப்பட்டு விட்டது.

Add Thangam theater also to the list.
:(

smith1
31st July 2007, 08:24 PM
U have left out kapali theatre.

Broadway & Ram also.

ajaybaskar
24th September 2009, 01:32 PM
[tscii:31751dcf5e]PVR Cinemas-Chennai to be ready by Oct end

It’s Chennai’s latest landmark. With an imposing structure and a façade filled with vibrant geometric patterns, Ampa Skywalk can’t escape your eye at the Poonamallee High Road-Nelson Manickam Road intersection.

Frenetically readied for launch on September 28, Skywalk, that’s taken four years to complete, promises plenty of excitement for leisure-driven mall hoppers. “With three floors of retail space, food court, games zone and a multiplex, it’s a complete outing for the family,” says Ampa Palaniappan, managing director, Ampa Housing Development Private Limited, and promoter of the mall.

Built at a cost of Rs.100 crore, the 6.5 lakh sq. ft. mall will feature an array of top-notch international and national brands on a three-level retail space of 3.5 lakh sq. ft. While 22 shops will open on the launch day, fit-outs are happening for the rest that will open in a phased manner.

“The whole mall should be operational in three months,” reveals Palaniappan. “Since it’s been quite a while in the making, we decided to throw it open and carry on with the work. The mall targets three categories — luxury, lifestyle and need-based.”

Besides stand-alone stores featuring leading labels, Skywalk will have a sprawling 36,000 sq. ft. Westside and a swanky 20,000 sq.ft Landmark. A hyper market, Trent’s Star Bazaar, too is part of the mallscape. From vegetables to household items, the 56,000 sq. ft. hyper market will be a one-stop destination for shoppers. Finishing touches are being given to the market that will open shortly.

As if the retail experience wasn’t enough to take your breath away, the mall will offer myriad food and beverage options. Besides the local food court fare, world chains such as TGI Friday, McDonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut will open shop. And Mumbai’s famous Rajdhani Thali too will enrich the eating out experience. That’s not all. The mall includes a 20-room boutique hotel.

For those strolling in simply to kill time, a games zone spread across 10, 000 sq. ft. is coming up. It will feature bowling alleys, besides arcade games.

New Delhi’s famous PVR Cinemas comes to Chennai with a seven-screen multiplex. “It marks PVR’s entry into the city. To be open by October end, the 1,900-seat multiplex features five small and two big theatres with an interesting approach — the skywalk.”

Yes, that’s where the mall gets its name from. “Originally meant to be an open design, the skywalk is 80 ft above ground level. The design was tweaked for safety reasons. Occupying a prime place in the atrium, the skywalk is a highlight of the mall. Connecting the ticket boxes to the theatres, the 25-metre skywalk reflects the aspirations of shoppers. It makes you look up — skywards. There’s a positive energy about it. It’s done up with innovative lighting,” smiles Palaniappan.

The atrium with a dome that beautifully captures the light from outside is so spacious it can take the milling crowds associated with Chennai malls. The ingenious floor plan was designed after careful study. “I’ve visited dozens of malls before finalising the plan for this one. Circulation patterns and buyer behaviour were taken into account. You just don’t pop into a mall to make a quick purchase and quicker exit. You actually hang out. So we’ve seen to it there’s plenty of space for leisurely strolls. Cheralathan Associates is the architect. Maintenance and marketing are handled by Jones Lang LaSalle Meghraj.”

Despite the economic slowdown, the promoter is positive, “People have been waiting eagerly for Skywalk’s launch. Size, location and variety are our strong points. We are also integrating certain CSR activities into our marketing plans. Since the launch coincides with the Joy of Giving Week, we will kick-start our CSR plans immediately. Our atrium, we hope, will soon become Chennai’s stage featuring promotions and events.”

MALL AND SUNDRY

* Inside the new landmark…

* Three floors of retail (of which 22 shops will open on September 28)

* Top brands including Benetton, Louis Philippe, WillsLifestyle, Titan, Giordano, Reebok, Van Heusen, Allan Solly, Pepe, Jus Sport, Mustard, Bossini, Basics-Genesis, Woodlands, Hush Puppies will open shop in a phased manner.

* Landmark and Westside have a prime place.

* A hyper market - Trent’s Star Bazaar will occupy 56, 000 sq. ft. (single level)

* Mall to have a 19-counter food court, besides fine dining restaurant, TGI Friday, KFC, McDonalds, Pizza Hut, Mumbai’s famous Rajdhani Thali etc.

* PVR Cinema’s seven-screens will open by October end.

* Separate game zone with bowling alleys and arcade games.

* Multi-level car parking (up to terrace) can accommodate a thousand cars
[/tscii:31751dcf5e]

Appu s
24th September 2009, 02:12 PM
Parangimalai Jothi
Paadi Lakshmibala
Purasai Motcham
Mount Road Gaeity

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ajaybaskar
24th September 2009, 03:42 PM
With the entry of corporate players like PVR, Inox, etc, Paadavadhi theatres like Devi, Kasi will gradually disappear from the scene.

ajaybaskar
7th April 2010, 09:43 AM
PVR cinemas is all set to open its screens in Chennai on April 9th.

ajaybaskar
7th April 2010, 02:29 PM
These are the fims that are gonna be screened in PVR from this weekend.

THAMIZH PADAM (TAMIL) - 1:00 PM
JAANE KAHA SE AAYI HAI - 4:00 PM 9:20 PM
TUM MILO TOH SAHI - 6:40 PM
CLASH OF THE TITANS - 1:00 PM 3:30 PM 6:15 PM 9:00 PM
ANGADI THERU (TAMIL) - 12:30 PM 6:30 PM ... See More
JANAKAN (MALAYAM) - 3:40 PM 9:30 PM
VINNAITHANDI VARUVAAYA (TAMIL) - 12:40 PM 3:40 PM 6:50 PM 10:00 PM
PAIYAA (TAMIL) - 12:00 PM 3:20 PM 7:00 PM 10:10 PM
PRINCE - 12:50 PM 3:50 PM 6:40 PM 9:45 PM
THE HURT LOCKER - 2:00 PM 7:15 PM
GREEN ZONE - 4:45 PM 10:20 PM

hamid
7th April 2010, 02:43 PM
The first theater which comes to my mind when I see the title is Sippy in Trichy...
in my schooldays enjoyed watching movies in that theater.. the only 70MM theater at those times and the theater is known for its sound effects and cleanliness.. ippa eppadi irukkunnu theriyala..

ajaybaskar
7th April 2010, 03:06 PM
Sippy has been closed, Hamid. The last film was Devdas if i am not wrong..

hamid
7th April 2010, 03:08 PM
Oh.. :sad: sorry to hear that.. anyway thanks for the info Ajay.

that thtr was very famous those days.. golden days those are.. enatha kavalaiyum illama.. hubbum illama nimmathiya irunthoom :lol:

joe
7th April 2010, 03:09 PM
:shock:
Almost every weekend we friends went to Sippy during college days.

hamid
7th April 2010, 03:10 PM
Yep.. mostly english films thaan poduvaanga antha vellakaarnaga :x

they will play Tamil movies at the 11AM shows in Sunday..

joe
7th April 2010, 03:12 PM
Yep.. mostly english films thaan poduvaanga antha vellakaarnaga :x

they will play Tamil movies at the 11AM shows in Sunday..

Almost illa ..eppavume english movies thaan ..that too mostly a movie for a week.

Morning show Tamil padam keLvi pattathilla (atleast when i was there)

ajaybaskar
7th April 2010, 03:13 PM
I have seen the theatre from outside but didnt have a chance to watch a movie.. Most of my friends use to rave about sippy.

Joe Anne,

Chakravarthy has been temporarily closed for renovation.

hamid
7th April 2010, 03:14 PM
Joe,

every sunday poduvaangalannu njaabakam illa.. But I have seen few Tamil movies there.. they will play it only on Saturday or sunday morning show..

joe
7th April 2010, 03:14 PM
Joe Anne,

Chakravarthy has been temporarily closed for renovation.
I see .. A/C (mini-la yeRkanave irukku) paNnuraangaLa? :)

ajaybaskar
7th April 2010, 03:17 PM
Dont know what they r doing. Probably they are ACing it as they did for Karthigai and Rajesh. Heard that Sardar Raja has bought the theatre...

Appu s
7th April 2010, 03:26 PM
Dont know what they r doing. Probably they are ACing it as they did for Karthigai and Rajesh. Heard that Sardar Raja has bought the theatre...
Sardar Raja , Chakravarthy ? chances are there Ajay, thats the reason they were screend Asal in chakravarthy and Rajas. so almost all the major theatres are in his hand.

joe
7th April 2010, 03:28 PM
Karthigai and Rajesh A/C ..That is good news 8-)

Nerd
7th April 2010, 09:14 PM
They did screen some "A" movies after that and it was eventually cloed 3-4 years back. ippO shopping complex aayiduchu I thing.

VinodKumar's
7th April 2010, 09:18 PM
Baba Complex - Coimbatore - Archana screen CBE la best nu sollalam.

Thiyagaraja theatre - Thiruvanmaiyur - En sontha oorla illama naan neraya vaati pona theater na itha sollalam. Quality wise mattama irunthalum I like the atmosphere.

ajaybaskar
9th April 2010, 10:16 AM
[tscii:e253d5fecc]PVR Cinemas, Chennai declared open at 9.30 am this morning.

*It is a 7 screen multiplex.

*Ticket rate ranges from Rs.10 to Rs.120

*Online booking starts net week. Right now, tickets can be bought from the box office, located at the theatre premises.

*PVR is yet to open another complex in*Vadapalani and this will be specifically designed for the gold class customers
[/tscii:e253d5fecc]

VENKIRAJA
9th April 2010, 12:06 PM
[tscii:56189eaca2]PVR Cinemas, Chennai declared open at 9.30 am this morning.

*It is a 7 screen multiplex.

*Ticket rate ranges from Rs.10 to Rs.120

*Online booking starts net week. Right now, tickets can be bought from the box office, located at the theatre premises.

*PVR is yet to open another complex in*Vadapalani and this will be specifically designed for the gold class customers
[/tscii:56189eaca2]

Oh.. That is the ongoing construction over Big Bazaar in Saaligraamam? Or is it something else? :cool2: Both near my place :swinghead:

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 12:25 PM
According to me Central cinemas in Coimbatore is the best

I have seen movies in diff theatres in diff cities

But I dont find any other theatre with such a good sound effect! :thumbsup:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 02:35 PM
Films are not shown in theatres, they are shown in 'CINEMAS' :banghead:

Theatres are for 'Plays'

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 02:41 PM

Theatres are for 'Plays'

Enga oorlaelaam Theatrenum solluvanga! :P

I dont find any mistake in it... :huh:

Ivlo kaalama elorum theatrenu thaan sollitu irukaanga :confused2:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 02:45 PM

Theatres are for 'Plays'

sari ipOvavathu sariyana pera sollungappa , i mean cinema nu

Thirunthave maateengappa :sigh2:

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 02:56 PM

Theatres are for 'Plays'

ok Boss neenga solli kaekaama irupomaa?? :lol:

Cinemas ok va! :P

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 02:59 PM

Theatres are for 'Plays'

ok Boss neenga solli kaekaama irupomaa?? :lol:

Cinemas ok va! :P

aah ithu Mariyadha :lol2:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 03:15 PM
By da By.. Varusha pirapukku ena padam release aaguthu :think:

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 03:35 PM

Guru sishyan release on april 16th

Sura on April 23rd :P

mnaren555
9th April 2010, 03:39 PM

Theatres are for 'Plays'athu ennamo unmai than sir :lol:

Appu s
9th April 2010, 03:48 PM

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 03:52 PM

neenga edho double meaning la solaa vareenga, enaku puriylaa :?

because I yaam a very good boy :lol2:

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 03:52 PM

:rotfl3: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 03:54 PM

ahaa marupadiyum oru 're- make' ah??? athu enpa, ONLY Rajni and MGR oda padathaiyellam re make panuraanga? :twisted:

hmm ippa ellam telugu super hits padatha damila re make panrathu pEsion ah poichu :(

mnaren555
9th April 2010, 04:01 PM

because I yaam a very good boy :lol2:intha year best joke'a intha post'a oru manatha naan thernthu edukuren :lol:

avven
9th April 2010, 04:07 PM

:lol: :lol:

avven
9th April 2010, 04:08 PM

neenga oru thadava kuda unmayei pesa maatingala :huh:

mnaren555
9th April 2010, 04:13 PM

neenga oru thadava kuda unmayei pesa maatingala :huh:ivar nammala mathiri illa machi 8-)

kid-glove
9th April 2010, 04:14 PM
Sennai FeeVeeYaar eppo opening?

avven
9th April 2010, 04:15 PM
yentha area la open aavuthu :roll:

mnaren555
9th April 2010, 04:18 PM
Sennai FeeVeeYaar eppo opening?From today :) . angadi theru nd paiya screening

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 04:20 PM

ahaa marupadiyum oru 're- make' ah??? athu enpa, ONLY Rajni and MGR oda padathaiyellam re make panuraanga? :twisted:

hmm ippa ellam telugu super hits padatha damila re make panrathu pEsion ah poichu :(

Guru sishyan is not remake! :)

Title thaan suttirukaanganu neenaikiraen!! :P

Rajaruud
9th April 2010, 04:21 PM

Athaan Seenainu theliva avarae pottirukaarlae!! :lol:

PARAMASHIVAN
9th April 2010, 04:25 PM

neenga oru thadava kuda unmayei pesa maatingala :huh:

naa unmaiyai thaan sonEn, enaku puriyala nu :x

Nennga nambinal nambungu illena vEnam.. ennaku onum illa :huh:

avven
9th April 2010, 04:28 PM

Athaan Seenainu theliva avarae pottirukaarlae!! :lol:

boss chennaila entha area solluinga :twisted:

avven
9th April 2010, 04:29 PM
naa unmaiyai thaan sonEn, enaku puriyala nu :x

srry PARAMASHIVAN neenga unmaiya thaan pesuringanu theriyama poiyuduchi :)

mgb
9th April 2010, 04:31 PM
boss chennaila entha area solluinga :twisted:should be aminjikarai

avven
9th April 2010, 04:33 PM
:o anna nagar arch kittayaa :roll:

mgb
9th April 2010, 04:46 PM
:o anna nagar arch kittayaa :roll:somewhere near nelson manickam road'nu padichadha nyabagam.. AMPA Skywalk mall theriyuma ?

avven
9th April 2010, 04:48 PM
somewhere near nelson manickam road'nu padichadha nyabagam.. AMPA Skywalk mall theriyuma ?

yes antha signal turning la irukum :P

ajaybaskar
9th April 2010, 04:51 PM
Its in Ampa Skywalk. 200 metres walk from Anna arch.

mgb
9th April 2010, 04:52 PM
somewhere near nelson manickam road'nu padichadha nyabagam.. AMPA Skywalk mall theriyuma ?

yes antha signal turning la irukum :Pangathaan :P

avven
9th April 2010, 04:54 PM

yes antha signal turning la irukum :Pangathaan :P
:ty: mgb & ajay :P

kid-glove
9th April 2010, 04:54 PM
Sennai FeeVeeYaar eppo opening?From today :) . angadi theru nd paiya screening

mnaren555
9th April 2010, 04:55 PM

yes antha signal turning la irukum :Psir chennai vanga na kootitu porean :D

Sanjeevi
30th April 2010, 06:04 PM
@ Guduvanchery, Chennai in a forthcoming township by L&T called Estancia will have 6 screen multiplex

So in future few townships in Chennai will have multiscreen theaters

RATHEESHAJITH
1st May 2010, 02:03 PM
KG BIG CINEMAS , KARPAGAM COMPLEX & BABA COMPLEX (COIMBATORE)

ABIRAMI & SANDIGA ( ERODE )

SRI SAKTHI ( TIRUPUR)

ajaybaskar
26th May 2010, 10:49 AM
For entertainment beyond shopping and food, there's Dubai-based Fun City's entertainment centre covering 20,000 sq. ft. Sathyam Cinemas' is also introducing an eight-screen multiplex across a 50,000 sq. ft. space, which promises to be different from their flagship, complete with a new menu.

http://beta.thehindu.com/life-and-style/leisure/article435834.ece

arjun885
26th May 2010, 12:11 PM
PVR Cinemas - Chennai

kid-glove
26th May 2010, 12:14 PM
Big cinemas - Pondicherry

You also have quite a few liquor stores in and around. :P

ajaybaskar
15th June 2010, 09:41 AM
AGS Cinemas, owned by Kalpathi group, is opening a 5 screen multiplex in Villivakkam this friday (18/06/10). Both Tamizh and Hindi versions of 'Raavanan' would be screened.

Their second multiplex would be opened in the Coromandel Complex, OMR in four months time.

www.agscinemas.com

ajaybaskar
28th June 2010, 06:33 PM
Insider Info: Sathyam Cinemas is awaiting the approval for adding 2 IMAX screens to its existing 6 screen multiplex in Royapettah.

raghavendran
28th June 2010, 07:04 PM
Insider Info: Sathyam Cinemas is awaiting the approval for adding 2 IMAX screens to its existing 6 screen multiplex in Royapettah. 8-)

varunlss12
7th August 2010, 05:39 AM
Cinemas in Erode

Abirami complex

:2thumbsup: (Pucca maintenance and nice theatre)
Royal Theater
VSP(only cinemas with Dolby digital)
Chandika
Aanoor
Srinivasa
Krishna
Lakshmi
sangeetha

vithagan
22nd August 2010, 07:28 AM
Looks like Sathyam Cinemas opening new cineplex this week Escape Cinemas!!

Anyone has more info. Please share.

http://escapecinemas.com/test/

ajaybaskar
22nd August 2010, 10:28 AM
Yes. I saw a banner in Express avenue yesterday.

ajaybaskar
25th August 2010, 05:07 PM
Escape cinemas has already been opened. Tickets can be booked via www.thecinema.in

Parthyy
25th August 2010, 05:11 PM

How many screens...........

Parthyy
25th August 2010, 05:15 PM
AGS Cinemas, owned by Kalpathi group, is opening a 5 screen multiplex in Villivakkam this friday (18/06/10). Both Tamizh and Hindi versions of 'Raavanan' would be screened.

Their second multiplex would be opened in the Coromandel Complex, OMR in four months time.

www.agscinemas.com
Are you saying about coromandal plaza.....
is it opened or wil open in future

ajaybaskar
25th August 2010, 05:39 PM

8 screens. 6 100 seater screens and 2 300 seater screens..

raghavendran
25th August 2010, 07:09 PM

8 screens. 6 100 seater screens and 2 300 seater screens..wats the connection between sathyam and escape?..

vithagan
25th August 2010, 07:16 PM

8 screens. 6 100 seater screens and 2 300 seater screens..wats the connection between sathyam and escape?..

'S' is the first letter in Sathyam, Second letter in escape :lol:

Jus kidding.. check the few posts before!!

Avadi to America
25th August 2010, 10:20 PM
ticket price evolo.....Rs.150???

littlemaster1982
25th August 2010, 10:23 PM
Rs. 120.

selvamohankumar
25th August 2010, 10:24 PM
ticket price evolo.....Rs.150???

120 is max. Just checked!

ajaybaskar
29th August 2010, 07:19 PM
Escape Cinemas.

Easily the best cineplex in Chennai. Was literally stunned with the experience. The complex doesnt have operator rooms. All projectors are suspended from the roof (outside the hall) and are automatic. The sound was too good as well.

ajaybaskar
13th December 2010, 11:28 AM
Soon to be inaugurated..

Fame Cinemas in Chandra Mega Mall, Virugambakkam (Old National theatre). 90% of the work has been completed. Its a 5 screen multiplex.

http://www.chandrabuilders.in/latest_project.htm

srimal
17th December 2010, 09:08 AM
Rajapalayam - indha oorla edu nalla theatre...

shanthi and mahalakshmi try pannirukkaen - both are not good...:(

Ramkumar86
17th December 2010, 11:26 AM
shanthi mini.. Paravaillama irukkum..

mohamed asif
28th December 2010, 03:57 PM
hai this is asif i am n dubai,

tell me about nagercoil theater, chakravarthy theater closed for renovation and its brought by sa raja he didnt change the name still mini chakraverthy is playing movie. tell me what he is going to do in that theatre. when will it reopen .

compare me nagercoil theater with nellai/tuticorin theater

mohamed asif
29th December 2010, 12:23 PM
hai ajay basker how r u

i am asif studied in SLB school

ajaybaskar
29th December 2010, 12:30 PM
Hey Asif, I am fine da. Use the pm option because we cant chat here.. :-)

asan
29th December 2010, 08:57 PM
Jupiter in tanjore

mohamed asif
4th January 2011, 06:01 PM
in nagrcoil rajesh having JBL speakers which is really good

mohamed asif
4th January 2011, 06:04 PM
before 6 months i went to HYD i visited prasads multiplex and i saw movie in IMAX great experience but in chennai we dont have IMAX

any news

ajaybaskar
4th January 2011, 06:06 PM
Thambi,

Unnaya pathi collector meetingla discuss pannaanga..

Riyazz
4th January 2011, 07:50 PM
In erode......

Abirrami & Vsp Both are good.........

In VsP dts & Dolby sound features.....

mohamed asif
6th January 2011, 01:40 PM
in NGL ...

rajesh, karthigai & chakravarthy complex good

in madurai....

guru, mappilai vinayagar, ganesh, arz & jaaz are good

in CBE...

central, kanakathara, archna, darsana, KG complex are good

mohamed asif
6th January 2011, 01:46 PM
in dubai

GALLARIEA GRAND CINEMAS two screen multiplex with cpacity screen 1 250 seats and screen 2 100 seats.

usually tamil and malayalam movies screen there.

latest record there was endhiran in world it was realesd first n dubai and show times are 7am, 10.30am,1.30pm,4.30pm,7.30pm,10.30pm,1.30am & 4am.

ite record in dubai and totally runs for 5 weekls.

mohamed asif
6th January 2011, 01:51 PM
now manmathan ambu show timing in UAE today

dubai - gallariea scrren 1 &

al quoz - alquoz cinema screen 1

sharjah - concorde cinemas 1.30pm & 7.30 pm

abudhabi - Elarado screen 1 4shows

musaffa - grand safeer screen 1 4shows

al ain - al ain club cinema 7.30pm

jebel ali - donya cinema screen 3 4shows

RAGHAVENDRA
18th January 2011, 08:21 AM
As mentioned elsewhere earlier, Shanti Theatre, Chennai has completed 50 years and an article has appeared in today's edition of The Hindu. An online version can be accessed here (http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/society/article1097489.ece).

joe
25th October 2011, 09:43 PM
யாழ்பாணம் திரையரங்குகள் பற்றிய சுவாரஸ்யமான பதிவு.
http://eppoodi.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-post_25.html

ajaybaskar
14th April 2012, 07:08 PM
Nagercoil finally gets a multiplex with 3 screens.. :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/561923_385525984802722_294344063920915_1272469_213 9133229_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536038_385731481448839_294344063920915_1272958_891 496951_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/581027_385731521448835_294344063920915_1272959_182 1247669_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/523023_385731408115513_294344063920915_1272955_192 0949876_n.jpg

joe
14th April 2012, 08:42 PM
அஜய் ..நம்மூரு நல்ல செய்திக்கு நன்றி .

Siv.S
14th April 2012, 09:43 PM
Ajay :cool2: first movie ethu ???

ajaybaskar
14th April 2012, 11:28 PM
Only the complex has been inaugurated. It may take a month or two before the screens are opened.

ajaybaskar
12th November 2012, 10:58 AM
2 IMAX Screens are soon to be opened in Chennai

Luxe IMAX in Velachery and Palazzo IMAX in Prestige Forum Vijaya Mall in Vadapalani.

littlemaster1982
12th November 2012, 11:28 AM
And both belong to Sathyam group :D

balaajee
19th December 2012, 10:48 AM
And both belong to Sathyam group :D

They truly deserve their growth, only theater group in Chennai who respect their viewers...