PDA

View Full Version : AR Rahman inspired me to compose a song !

karty
4th November 2006, 06:51 PM
Hello everybody , My name is Karty , i'm a srilankan tamil from France. Like most of you, i'am an AR Rahman fan and a permanent member of this forum too.

Sometimes when i'm listening to his songs , i ask myself "why dont you try to compose a melody or even a song, or try to sung it yourself".

this made me write a song ,compose the melody and "try" to sing it as im not a professional singer.

Thanx to Rahman i've been able to do that myself , im still workin on it. Arrangements are note completely done, but its only for u to have a preview of it.

There are 3 files , the first one is the basic version melody of the song (just the refrain) in MIDI format without extra music.

The second one is the full 5 min long melody played on guitar with beat and arrangements.

The last one is the same melody but with singing (myself) and only the first 2min of the song.

It's a Tamil song : the song name is Taayaga Ninavey

It is actually about someone who came from Srilanka (tamil eelam)to live abroad and after some years ,
he thinks about his old days in his native country and sing about that. A kind of "Unthan desathin kural" story.

here are the links :

MIDI refrain :
http://karty2k.free.fr/Taayaga_Ninaivey_Refrain.mid

Full melody :
http://karty2k.free.fr/Taayaga_Ninaivey_Full_melody.wma

2 min sung version :
http://karty2k.free.fr/Taayaga%20Ninaivey_with_song_part1.mp3

Please guys don't be rude with me , its only my first composition ,
and also my first singing (and writing).

Don't expect professionnal quality recording , as i composed it at home using keyboard with midi link and cubase nuendo for mixing.

I can give you the midi version of other part of the song and the notes sheets or the complete lyrics, if you want it guys, just ask me.

please give me feedbacks , even bad ones so that i can progress quickly all kind of comments or suggestions are welcomed.

If the song comes out well then i will try to record it on a studio so that the quality will be good, i have first to find an adapted singer for this song.

By the way is there singer here from france that would be interested to sing that song?

thanks , karty

Hulkster
5th November 2006, 09:31 AM
Karty :D

The song has got great string usage in the prelude very nice and melodious. You have gone for a fairly melodious arrangement with soft guitar strings and slow paced beats. The mridhangam beats towards the middle are good as well.

A small piece of advice.. try not to deviate to many tones in a melody...it will spoil the mood and pace of the song. Try to keep within the main melody and let ur instrumentation do the talking..which is quite good as well.

:clap: :2thumbsup:

vijayr
5th November 2006, 11:03 AM
Karty,good stuff considering this is a start. A couple of years or so back we had some amateur musicians presenting their stuff here on a regular basis. wish you had been here then as it might have helped you get a better feedback. Try recording your vocals a little louder or the background a little less, it might help especially when you are singing the lower notes. Your Rahman inspiration was noticeable in the starting rhythm pattern which was reminiscent of kuchi kuchi raakkamma.Keep doing more.

Hulkster
5th November 2006, 12:58 PM
Vijayr were you mentioning srikanth devarajan as one of the composers who came here? i remb a discussion abt his H1Bees. :D

july
9th November 2006, 09:00 PM
Very good attempt karthy..
;)

rocketboy
9th November 2006, 11:55 PM
Nice work Karthy