PDA

View Full Version : trai vedika sandya paddathi-book released

padmanabha
17th October 2006, 07:04 PM
[tscii:6c0efeea62]Aum, bhur, bhuvah, Suvah!
Aum, tat, savitur varenyam,
Bhargo devasya dhimahi,
Dhiyo yo nah Prachodayt

-GAYATRI

Brahma the author of the Vedas, wished to extract its essence. It resulted in the composition of Sandya. The above mentioned Gayatri is the quintessence of Sandya. It is believed that Ggayatri obtained for mankind, the remissions of their sins, plenty, joy, wealth, health and ensure happiness.

“But how many, who recite this daily is aware of its contents, and meaning? Today men are quite unmindful. Either they won’t perform Sandya, or they do it mechanically” said C R Kerala Varma, the author of Trai Vedika Sandya Paddathi. The voluminous work in two parts with commentary by UNNI UMA was released recently.

In an interview the author explains why he ventured into such a project, and the effort he had taken to pen this work.

When I was a college student I frequented the residence of Ravi VARMA Kochu koil Thampuran, father Sree Chithira Tirunal. Highly disciplined Thampuran often asked me to recite Sandya. Once he directed to take a vow in the name of Sree Padmanabha that I would never discontinue Sandya. Till date I have not.” He said.

It was in his late fifties that he started analyzing its meaning. “The Sun, and water are looked upon as the Supreme Being and adoration is offered to them. The available books are superfluous. I went through Gayathri by Poonjar P R RAJA RAJA VARMA. Sandya of Samavedi was not available in print. I t was like a voyage in search of truth. The second and third Skandas of Bhagavatham inspired me. Thus I started this project and it took ten years to complete” he said.

The author went through great works like Yoga sastram, Agama sastram, Easana Siva Gurudeva Paddathi. “The 30th chapter of The Garland of Letters, by Sir John Woodroff published in 1922. Sir Woodroff, discusses at length about Atma Saadana and concludes that it begins from where Gayathri ends. In fact I had to refer nearly seventy books” he said.

Trai Vedika Sandya Paddathi is an in depth study of the importance and significance of Tri Kaala Sandya Vandanam. It also deals with mantras and rituals, commentaries and compilations of philosophical thoughts.

“I am grateful to so many scholars especially PROF. BRAHMASREE & H M SASTRI ALIAS PATANJALI. Without their support this mission will not have been a success” feels Kerala Varma. This comprehensive study is published by Vaideeha Parishad Guruvayoor.
[/tscii:6c0efeea62]