PDA

View Full Version : Who is the greatest Tamil actress(Before 80's)?

Pages : [1] 2

joe
10th October 2006, 09:29 AM
Hub is full of discussion on Actors .Why don't we discuss about great actress (not just glamour doll)

For me ,It is Nadigaiyar Thilagam Savithri :D

swathy
10th October 2006, 09:41 AM
please include vyjeyanthi mala also

MADDY
10th October 2006, 09:57 AM
how could u miss J.Jayalalitha??? for me she was the most powerful heroine of all times......i somehow love her guts, resilience, intelligence.......her acting in movies was also not bad...... :D

hope this is not considered a political post... :lol:

groucho070
10th October 2006, 10:01 AM
Joe, here is where we have differing opinions. My vote is for Padhmini. Even before her passing, I have argued on behalf.

And Maddy is right about JJ. She is great too. As an actress. Plus, like Banumathi, she can sing as well.

groucho070
10th October 2006, 10:03 AM
I think you should break the era. In eighties there was Revathi, Suhashini.

Then, there was an era from nineties onward - I refer as mute era for actress, because about 99% don't use their voice. I am sure fans of these mannequins will be mad for not including their sweethearts on that list.

joe
10th October 2006, 10:14 AM
Groucho ,Maddy,
Is that ok now?

swathy
10th October 2006, 10:23 AM
thanks joe :-)

groucho070
10th October 2006, 10:28 AM
Okay, Joe. Looks good and specific.

rajeshkrv
10th October 2006, 10:33 AM
My vote is for Savithiri and Sarojadevi

Sarojadevi could do romance,comedy & sentiment and easily gets accustomed with the hero she acts

while savithiri (romance with gg was ok) but with others was ?

kb
10th October 2006, 10:48 AM
naan porakave illaba :yessir:

joe
10th October 2006, 11:09 AM
Joe, here is where we have differing opinions. My vote is for Padhmini. Even before her passing, I have argued on behalf.

Padmini is ofcourse 2nd greatest,for me .Padmini had better physic and dancing talent .But being plumpy ,not much dancing talents Savithri made me to like her more with her

1.facial Expression (all her movies)
2.Humour (Navarathiri,especially in the koothu song)
3.Great Dialogue delivery (Thiruvilayadal)
4.Good at Sentiments (Pasamalar)

joe
10th October 2006, 11:11 AM
naan porakave illaba :yessir:

You no need to born with savithri and padmini to know about them .You can still watch their movies.

kb
10th October 2006, 11:48 AM
but.. u see the way people speak and behave changed.. if we see now.. we wont get the same effect as many of then fans..

though i see malai kallan,allaudin 40 thieves,thillana mohanabal. now and then.. not all movies bring same effect..

umaramesh
10th October 2006, 11:54 AM
my vote for savithri.

padmini can dance to an exten she can perform but she is no way near to savithri in terms of variety and performance.

who will forget MAYA BAZAR DUAL ROLE PERFORMANCE.
Innocent role did in KSG movie. no need to tell about pasamalar.

regards
ramesh

Roshan
10th October 2006, 12:00 PM
My ultimate choice is none other than 'Lakshmi' - who is 'surprisingly' not in the list. A great actress till date who can perform any role - which have mostly been realistic, contrary to the 'dramatic' performances of many listed above. Lakshmi has a rare combination of beauty, talent and strong personality - which most of the actresses lack till todate.

Joe,

It is an insult if you had not included such a talented actress, when you have included even Vaanishree there in your list. It is quite surprising too. Please do amend your list :)

joe
10th October 2006, 12:04 PM
My ultimate choice is none other than 'Lakshmi' - who is 'surprisingly' not in the list. A great actress till date who can perform any role - which have mostly been naturalistic, contrary to the 'dramatic' performances of many listed above. Lakshmi has a rare combination of beauty, talent and strong personality - which most of the actresses lack till todate.

Joe,

It is an insult if you had not included such a talented actress, when you have included even Vaanishree there in your list. It is quite surprising too. Please do amend your list :)

Agree with you .Eventhough I admire Lakshmi a lot ,didn't strike in my mind ,since I was thinking about all heroins of balck and white era.

I have replaced vanisree with Lakshmi :)

Ramyathangam
10th October 2006, 06:42 PM
Padmini amma for his beautiful dancing and facila expression. I ccould not forget the film thillana mokanambal

MADDY
10th October 2006, 06:54 PM
hey thanx joe for including Jayalalitha......i guess she was one actress who had the ability to grab onscreen dominance even with legends like MGR,Shivaji.........another actress who comes to mind (as Groucho suggested) is Banumathi.......she also had the ability to dominate......

actually after these 2, i guess it was Simran only who could do that......i always felt saroja devi/padmini/devika were all submissive onscreen.....as u know, submissiveness is a big turn off nowadays....(though i fell in love with the bhoomika character in SOK :wink: )...........

m_23_bayarea
10th October 2006, 06:58 PM
The thing abt JJ is that, she had this care-less or daring attitude even with MGR and Sivaji on screen ... While all other actresses especially with MGR are kinda timid, JJ doesnt CARE !!! :thumbsup: :lol:

Nakeeran
10th October 2006, 07:01 PM
Nadigayar thilagam Savithri is my choice

Nakeeran
10th October 2006, 07:11 PM
Well Nadigar thilagam is the greatest actor ever and my benchmarking is that if someone could challenge him in acting, it was Savitrhi only .

Movies :

1. Kai kodutha deivam
2. Navrathri
3. Pasamalar
4. Irumbu thirai

raaja_rasigan
10th October 2006, 09:22 PM
I like kanchana for her beauty 8-)

mr_karthik
11th October 2006, 04:33 PM
Well Nadigar thilagam is the greatest actor ever and my benchmarking is that if someone could challenge him in acting, it was Savitrhi only .
Movies :
1. Kai kodutha deivam
2. Navrathri
3. Pasamalar
4. Irumbu thirai

Irumbuthirai...???????????????

Where is Savithri there..?.

Nakeeran
11th October 2006, 04:34 PM
Movies :
1. Kai kodutha deivam
2. Navrathri
3. Pasamalar
4. Irumbu thirai

Irumbuthirai...???????????????

Where is Savithri there..?.

Oh. Is it that ratha thilagam or something ? some chinese aggression related movie . Savithri will die at the end.

mr_karthik
11th October 2006, 04:37 PM
I like kanchana for her beauty 8-)
If anyone start a thread about the 'Beauty Actresses' of 60 to 75, my suggesstions are

Kanchana
Rajashree
Vennira Aadai Nirmala

Hulkster
11th October 2006, 04:42 PM
Each one has their own unique impression.

KR Vijaya touched audience hearts with her realistic portrayal of the common family woman and also expresses sentiments very well which now inspires alot of megaserial "sad" characters.

Jayalalitha could play negativity in a character very well and was quite impressive in roles that demanded presence and also her penchant for dance also gave her a extra boost.

Jayanthi should also be added in as shes a fairly decent actress as well although she does not hold the expressions that savithri dazzled with.

To me i feel Padmini is much more versatile as although she slightly paled compared to savithri in normal human characters, She was much more powerful in movies with divine content. She could play the parashakthi role with ease in those days. But i prefer Savithri's more NT like impact of acting and i guess she is the best.

Jilaba
15th October 2006, 01:17 PM
I think you should break the era. In eighties there was Revathi, Suhashini.

No Sir,

The poll says 'before 80'
But Suhasini came in Nenjaththai kllaathe' in 1981
and
Revathy came in Man vaasanai in 1983.

P_R
15th October 2006, 01:35 PM
azagiya madurapuri asvapathy puuthrii
akkampakkathOrum ennai azhaikkum peyar saaavithri

:clap:

saradhaa_sn
15th October 2006, 03:05 PM
தேவிகாதான்

அது என்னமோ தெரியலை தேவிகான்னாலே ஒரு தனி அபிமானம். அவருக்கு பதிமினியைப் போல நடனம் ஆடத்தெரியாமல் இருக்கலாம் (தேவிகாவுக்கு அறவே நடனம் ஆடத் தெரியாது என்பது உண்மை). சாவித்திரியைப் போல அமைதியான நடிப்பை தர தவறியிருக்கலாம், விஜயகுமாரியைப் போல வீராவேசமாக பேசத்தெரியாமல் இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் கொடுத்த கதாபாத்திரத்தை குறவின்றி சிறப்பாகச் செய்பவர். வசீகரமான முகத்தோற்றம் கொணடவர். அவருடைய படங்களில் அவருடைய நடிப்பில் மிளிர்ந்த படங்கள்:

நெஞ்சில் ஓர் ஆலயம்
சுமைதாங்கி
நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை
வானம்பாடி
மறக்க முடியுமா
வாழ்க்கைப் படகு
இதயத்தில் நீ... இப்படி சொல்லிக்கொண்டே போகலாம்.

நடிகர் திலகத்துடன் ஏராளமான படங்களில் நடித்தவர். அவருடன் நடித்த படங்களில் சில:

பாவ மன்னிப்பு
பந்தபாசம்
அன்னை இல்லம்
ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை
அன்புக்கரங்கள்
நீலவானம்
சாந்தி
பழனி
பலேபாண்டியா
முரடன் முத்து
கர்ணன்
.............. பட்டியல் நீள்கிறது. ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் குறை சொல்ல முடியாத, அதே சமயம் மனதுக்கு நிறைவாக செய்திருப்பார்.

நடிகர் திலகத்தோடு மட்டுமல்லாது ஜெமினி கணேஷ், எஸ்.எஸ்.ஆர். இவர்களோடும் பல படங்களில் நடித்தவர். எம்ஜியாரோடு நடித்த ஒரே படமான 'ஆனந்த ஜோதி'யிலும் சிறப்பாக செய்திருப்பார்.

"சொன்னது நீதானா"
"கங்கை கரை தோட்டம்"
"நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை"
"அமைதியான நதியினிலே"
"அலையே வா... அருகே வா"
"பாலிருக்கும் பழமிருக்கும்"
"கண்கள் எங்கே நெஞ்சமும் எங்கே"
"இரவும் நிலவும் வளரட்டுமே"
"காலமகள் கண் திறப்பாள் சின்னையா"
"நினைக்கத் தெரிந்த மனமே உனக்கு"

போன்ற பாடல்களுக்கு அவர் காட்டும் முகபாவம் அற்புதம்.

கர்ணன் போர்க்களம் போகும்போது, மஞ்சள் நிற சேலையில் தலையை அவிழ்த்துப் போட்டுக்கொண்டு வரும் அழகே அழகு.

என்னுடைய ஓட்டு எனது தேவிகாவுக்கே.

ramky
15th October 2006, 03:20 PM
Difficult to choose between Padmini & Savithri, but finally I voted for Savithri - she did the comedy scene in "Mayabazar" with such elan, where she was supposedly Gatothkachan in female form ! :thumbsup:

tvsankar
15th October 2006, 03:49 PM
Dear joe,
Indha list il Sowkar Janaki illaiya?

With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Thirumaran
15th October 2006, 05:25 PM

I checked several times. As of now Sokar janaki name is not in the list :( :P

joe
15th October 2006, 05:33 PM
TVsankar,Thirumaran,
When I created this thread,Sowkar janki's name didn't strike my mind .Now 10(max) options already there .If we add Sowkar Janaki ,somebody need to be deleted ..As of now K.R.Vijaya ,Panumanthi ,Vijaya kumari have no votes ,so which one I can remove ? :oops:

Thirumaran
15th October 2006, 05:38 PM
That is fine Joe. You had covered all the top heroines during that time :)

I was just having some fun on TVS post :wink:

saradhaa_sn
15th October 2006, 05:54 PM
TVsankar,Thirumaran,
When I created this thread,Sowkar janki's name didn't strike my mind .Now 10(max) options already there .If we add Sowkar Janaki ,somebody need to be deleted ..As of now K.R.Vijaya ,Panumanthi ,Vijaya kumari have no votes ,so which one I can remove ? :oops:
Thank God. "My Devika" got the third place. So no question of deleting her name.

nilavupriyan
15th October 2006, 06:11 PM
beautiful....vaijeyanthi mala and padmini :D

Jilaba
15th October 2006, 06:20 PM
Dear joe,
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.
Listil irukkirathu verum paththu peru.

Idhila Sowcar peyar irukkaa, illaiyaannu ungalaal kandu pidikka mudiyalaiyaa..?.

tvsankar
15th October 2006, 07:06 PM
Dear TM and Jilaba,
Thanks for your responses !!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Dear joe,
No prob.Unga selections ae irukatum.

My vote for Lakshmi.

She is beautiful and smart.She did excellent job in her characters in a simple manners.

Ivarai pol variety ana characters ai mathavanga seidha madhiri thonravillai.

1.Navagraham

2.THikkatra parvathi

3.Sila nerangalil sila manidhargal

4.Avan aval adhu

5.Samsaram adhu minsaram

list is going ...

Ordinary character aga irundhalum Lakshmi display pannum azhagae thani dhan.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Jilaba
15th October 2006, 07:32 PM
உஷா மேடம்,

லட்சுமி, பானுமதி இவங்கள்ளாம் சில நேரங்களில் பாத்திரப் படைப்பு தாண்டி ஓவரா அலட்டிக்குவாங்க. கவனிச்சீங்களா?.

அதிலும் படங்களில் ஆண்களை திட்டி வசனம் பேசுவதென்றால் லட்சுமிக்கு அல்வா சாப்பிடுவது மாதிரி. 'ஒரு நடிகை நாடகம் பார்க்கிறாள்' படத்தில் ரொம்ப ஓவராகவே அலம்பல் பண்ணுவார். ஆனால் ஜெயலலிதா அலட்சியமாக நடிப்பாரே தவிர ஆர்ப்பாட்டம் செய்ய மாட்டார். (நான் ஜெயலலிதாவுக்குத் தான் போட்டேன்).

சாரதா மேடம்..

பரவாயில்லையே "உங்க தேவிகா" இரண்டாம் இடத்தில் பத்மினியோடு சமமாக இருக்கிறாரே. தேவிகாவுக்கு அவ்வளவு ஆதரவா?. அவரது ரசிகர்களும் தேவிகாவைப்போல அமைதியாகவே இருக்கிறார்களே.

நாடோடி மன்னியும், புன்னகை அரசியும், பூம்புகார் கண்ணகியும் இன்னும் பூஜ்யத்திலேயே இருக்கிறார்களே ஏன்?.

lovedeva_pj
15th October 2006, 07:36 PM
for me padmasri padmabhusan SAROJADEVISarojadevi's performance in her role is very natural not over acting
Some best actress did very well in some perticular role but sarojadevi did very well in love seens, in failore of love feelings, as loving hose wife, as loving daughter like in many role dhe did very attractive and sentimental.
only some mgr films her acting is normal but she even their also she satisfied her fans by commeady and by best solo songs
Sarojadevi did very well in her solo songs, u can notice in her most film there should be one solo songs specially for sarojadevi
Sarojadevi is the only south indian actress got padmabusoon award, and she maitain her top state for many decades
So i select Padmabhuson SAROJADEVI IS THE GREATEST ACTRESS

LOVEDEVA

lotus_303
14th December 2006, 01:38 AM
You are right Deva, Sarojadevi is the best actress, her acting always super natural never go to over acting
and she is the only actress got padmabhosan award in Soth india
She is the greatest actress

kalnayak
14th December 2006, 11:01 AM
Savithri for her Kaikodutha Deivam, Missiamma, Paasamalar and Mayabazaar.

Badri
14th December 2006, 11:17 AM
Sabaash, Joe, sariyaana topic!

As an actress, one has to admire Savithri's versatility, and sheer screen presence, leave alone her beauty. Her performances in Missiamma and Paasamalar and the oh-so-cheeky role in Mayabazaar definitely leave us floored.

At the same time, can one leave out Padmini? Vizhiyaley vidai koorum paavai allava?

But, Roshan's timely intervention brought Lakshmi on to the stage (here). She is an enigma, her acting doesn't stand out but that is not because of a lack of talent, rather the talent in easily blending into the scene and not standing out. To me, her natural acting is reminiscient in many ways of Kamal's style.

These three really get my vote!

Raghu
14th December 2006, 09:27 PM
My ultimate choice is none other than 'Lakshmi' - who is 'surprisingly' not in the list. A great actress till date who can perform any role - which have mostly been realistic, contrary to the 'dramatic' performances of many listed above. Lakshmi has a rare combination of beauty, talent and strong personality - which most of the actresses lack till todate.

Joe,

yep,

I fully agree with Roshan!

TamilMoon
14th December 2006, 09:37 PM
JJ :redjump: :bluejump:

RVG
18th December 2006, 07:08 AM
My vote is for Savithri since she's the one who can match Shivaji's acting. And that's why she's also called Nadigayar Thilagam.

fakedevi
20th December 2006, 07:39 PM
my vote is for Great actress Sarojadevi, since she is the only actress from south india got very highly national award like Padmabushan.
her best performance in many films un countable not only in tamil all south indian language
Here are some

Palum Palamum
Aadiperukku
Kulavelakku
Thamareinenjam
Kittor rani chinnama (kannada) she got national award
Bakiyavantheru (kannada)

Long live Sarojadevi

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2006, 07:55 PM
Saroja devi..

She knows when to act kiddish, when to act matured, when to bat her eye lashes, when to feel shy, when to be majestic.. when to talk, when not to talk, HOW NOT TO OVERACT...

she is better than most actresses of those days

THAAMARAI NENJAM
KALYAANA PARISU
ANBE VAA
PAALUM PAZHAMUM
AADI PERUKKU
KAIKODUTHA DEIVAM

etc are FEW of her movies which shows some of her greatest performances.

selvakumar
20th December 2006, 08:04 PM
Saroja devi..

She knows when to act kiddish, when to act matured, when to bat her eye lashes, when to feel shy, when to be majestic.. when to talk, when not to talk, HOW NOT TO OVERACT...

SP akka,

I hope you are not indirectly initiating a FIGHT Here ! :lol:

selvakumar
20th December 2006, 08:06 PM
SP, You were a bit absent from TF section ! Good to see you back here ! :D

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2006, 08:18 PM
hehe selva thanks. :D

bingleguy
20th December 2006, 08:24 PM
Savitri ...
MY CHOICE !
She is absolutely awesome ..... Wonderful acting and has almost performed with all the major artistes ... no wonder she was called Nadigayar Thilagam ..... Excellent performances .......

Saroja devi..

Absolutely she is a very good actress !
but romba konji konji pesuvaanga, kind of overaction .....
Pudhiya Paravai layum nalla nadichiruppaanga ..... Paalum Pazhamum is also good ! Vaanambadi movie layum nalla perform panni ruppaanga ....

Sowkar Janaki
A very good character artiste..... she has also matched many qualities of multi personality acting.... i dont remember the movie names ... but many of her movies are really different characterizations ....

Padmini
Excellent dancer and good on expressions.... Thillana Mohanambal is one of my favourites of Padmini

Devika
Again a good character artiste .... Bale Pandiya, Nenjam Marappadhillai is my choices for devika

Jayanthi
She is also good in characters .... she did well in kannada industry too
Edhir Neechal is one of her good performances - my choice again !

and needless to mention LAKSHMI
She has been an awesome performer in many movies ... though not many of her earlier movies didnt succeed, she is very known for her characters .... Samsaram adhu minsaram, Raja Raja Chozhan,Netrikann is on of my favourites

imsai
20th December 2006, 08:25 PM
HOW NOT TO OVERACT...

:roll: did she act with? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
20th December 2006, 08:28 PM
JAYANTHI is good bg :thumbsup:

enakku eno savithri pidikathu (she was not versatile, niraiya subtle feminine roles mattum thaan pannirupaanga..) may be i am wrong

yup LAKSHMI too :thumbsup:

sowcar janaki. good. was not very attractive, VERY VERSATILE....

Savithri, padmini, s.janiki, laksmi etc... OVER ACTING undu.

I could not find that in jayanthi, or saroja devi (though she acted childish)

selvakumar
20th December 2006, 08:38 PM
Have to I agree with SP akka here 100% !

Saroja Devi is one of my favorite actresses !

The way she speaks, smiles, turns her face and emotes is :thumbsup: :clap:

IMO, She is one of the Natural Actresses I have seen in Tamil cinema. I remember a movie she acted with Gemini in which she will die coz of some diesease. Her acting in that movie was :clap: I dont remember the movie name though !

Plus - PURATCHI THALAIVAR - Saraoja Devi pair rocked big time in the silver screen AS Far as Commercial cinema is concerned. IMO, she is the only actress who matched perfectly with MGR !

My Vote Goes to Her without any doubt :thumbsup:

Designer
20th December 2006, 09:35 PM
Difficult for me, to choose between Padmini & Savithri, but finally I voted for Savithri - she did the comedy scene in "Mayabazar" with such elan, where she was supposedly Gatothkachan in female form ! :thumbsup:

lotus_303
21st December 2006, 11:29 PM
Saroja devi..

she is better than most actresses of those days

THAAMARAI NENJAM
KALYAANA PARISU
ANBE VAA
PAALUM PAZHAMUM
AADI PERUKKU
KAIKODUTHA DEIVAM

etc are FEW of her movies which shows some of her greatest performances.

sp Comments 100% correct

Sarojadevi is the best actress can perform any kind of role with natural acting, her face expression and body language are excellent, only her tamil accent in some dialogue little chilidsh
but even that type of dialog people like that.
And she is the only actress got many professional national award like Padmabushan award

rajeshkrv
22nd December 2006, 09:18 PM
selva, the movie you r referring is Kulavilakku by K.S.G

yup Sarojadevi is the one actress who suited for all the 3 (MGR,Shivaji,GEMINI) and suited for all kind of roles..starting from romance,comedy to emotion

Paalum pazhamum, pagapirivinai, iruvar ullam for emotion

sabash meena,anbe va ,enga veetu pillai for comedy

arasakattalai for historic performance

fakedevi
29th December 2006, 02:20 AM
why sowcar janaki not in the list if u include jayalalitha jayamaleni also can include.

u Cant list jayalalitha in the talented actress list
if u make list for most corupted person in india then she got 100%
hole india knows that

she is wml lady

smith
29th December 2006, 11:54 AM
saroja devi was a fairly good actress but she had poor tamil pronunuciation.

Also, she did not act in sabash meena.

As for the greatest actresss on tamil screen, it is without doubt, savithri.

Erica
30th December 2006, 05:05 AM
I've not watched many old movies. i like Savithri and Devika. I voted for DEVIKA bcos,................. She resembles my mom a lot :D

rajeshkrv
30th December 2006, 06:23 AM
smith

if you have not seen sabash meena please see it again..

Shivaji's pair is ranjini or some name and Sarojadevi is chandrababu's pair.. They have a stage drama song too.

pjtheva-51
28th November 2007, 07:33 PM
For me Padmabushan Dr.Sarojadevi

She is the alltime great actress with hughe fan support in the south india cinema history

Kalyanaparisu
palumapalamum
Adiperukku
Iruvatullam
Anbevaa
Thamaerainenjam
Kulavelakku
Arasakatalai
Pathumathapandham
all these are super great performance in different years from 1959 to 1974

even her performance in oncemore also good released in 1997

Shakthiprabha.
28th November 2007, 07:39 PM
yeahhhhhhh!!

Sarojadevi !! all the way !

:D :D :thumbsup:

kamath
29th November 2007, 12:08 PM
sarojadevi?

That is a good laugh.

She was not a patch on savithri.

Savithri is the greatest actress in tamil film industry.

lotus_303
3rd December 2007, 05:14 AM
sarojadevi?

That is a good laugh.

She was not a patch on savithri.

Savithri is the greatest actress in tamil film industry.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Very sad
Savitiri didnt got any national award

Sarojadevi is the all time greatest in south cinema

kamath
3rd December 2007, 12:14 PM
even sivaji did not get a national award.

That is no criterion.

Shakthiprabha.
3rd December 2007, 04:17 PM
Sarojadevi created impact on wider mass than just tamil media...

how sad... savithri did not make it so large..

lovedeva_pj
3rd December 2007, 04:33 PM
even sivaji did not get a national award.

That is no criterion.

You are wrong Sivaji got Padmabushan

Here is the highst national award recipients

National Awards recipients ( Artists ) in South Cinema
M G Ramachandran ------- Bharatratna --------1988
M S Subbulashmi ---------- Bharatratna -------- 1998
Sivajiganesan ------=-------- Padma Bushan ---- 1984
B Saroja devi -------------- Padma Bushan ----- 1992
Rajinikanth ------------------ Padma Bushan ---- 2000

kamath
3rd December 2007, 05:02 PM
as can be clearly seen from the list, the last 2 are totally undeserving recipients.

thilak4life
3rd December 2007, 05:08 PM
@topic,

Shoba (I know that she didn't do that many, but she tops the list) followed by Savithri, Sri priya, and Sri Devi..

lovedeva_pj
3rd December 2007, 05:22 PM
Tamil people are spoiling the artists, their taste are dramatic not natural thats way they didnt got much national awards

Sarojadevi got it for Kannada cinema

even sivaji got later than other state artists

Thats sad for Tamil they never accept but they sympliy critise

kamath
3rd December 2007, 05:28 PM
lovedeva,

U have a terrific sense of humour.

Shakthiprabha.
3rd December 2007, 05:40 PM
So rajnikant also does not deserve! ?

wow, ur sense of humour ROCKS the top!

kamath
3rd December 2007, 05:42 PM
Rajini may be a very popular star, that does not make him worthy of padma bushan.

Shakthiprabha.
3rd December 2007, 05:55 PM
hmm... :)

saradhaa_sn
3rd December 2007, 06:31 PM

இது என்ன கமெண்ட்..?
இதுக்கு என்ன அர்த்தம்..?

Shakthiprabha.
3rd December 2007, 08:46 PM

இது என்ன கமெண்ட்..?
இதுக்கு என்ன அர்த்தம்..?

ஓரளவு ஒத்துக்கறென்னு அர்த்தம் :D

இன்றைய தலைமுறையினருக்கு ரஜினிகாந்தின் திறமைமிக்க படங்கள் பற்றி தெரிய வாய்ப்பில்லை.

ரஜினிகாந்த் ஒரு அற்புதமான நடிகர், ஆனாலும் இன்னும் பல அற்புதமான நடிகர்கள் இருந்திருக்கிறார்கள். ரஜினிகாந்த்-ன் அருமையான திறமை முழுவதையும் தமிழ்த் திரையுலகம் பயன்படுத்த தவறிவிட்டது என்பது என் எண்ணம். இன்னும்

ஒரு வேளை அவரின் பிரமிக்கும் நடிப்பாற்றல் வெளிபட்ட "ஆறிலிருந்து அறுவது வரை" போன்ற படங்களுக்காக கிடைத்திருக்கலாம்.

app_engine
3rd December 2007, 09:41 PM
As this is about "before 80's", Sridevi needs to be included:-) During 80's she mostly did Telugu and then Hindi, but some of her good movies in Thamizh were in 70's...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sridevi

kamath
4th December 2007, 12:50 PM
Shakthi,

I know well abt the films U talked abt. U mentioned only one - 6 to 60, but there are a few others - mullum malarum, thappu thalangal, engeyoe keeta kural.

But they are far & few in between.

I also agree that his talent has not been utilised fully. It will also not be in the future.

The award was given to him for political reasons.

Ditto with MGR (national best actor award for rickshawkaran).

Plum
15th July 2009, 07:47 PM

Joe,

AhA, indha Roshan-ai Sivaji's pair thread-la koottikittu varaaama poyittOme...grouch, ivangaLai vechu anti-vanishree campaign resume paNnanum

Plum
15th July 2009, 07:48 PM
தேவிகாதான்

அது என்னமோ தெரியலை தேவிகான்னாலே ஒரு தனி அபிமானம். அவருக்கு பதிமினியைப் போல நடனம் ஆடத்தெரியாமல் இருக்கலாம் (தேவிகாவுக்கு அறவே நடனம் ஆடத் தெரியாது என்பது உண்மை). சாவித்திரியைப் போல அமைதியான நடிப்பை தர தவறியிருக்கலாம், விஜயகுமாரியைப் போல வீராவேசமாக பேசத்தெரியாமல் இருக்கலாம். ஆனால் கொடுத்த கதாபாத்திரத்தை குறவின்றி சிறப்பாகச் செய்பவர். வசீகரமான முகத்தோற்றம் கொணடவர். அவருடைய படங்களில் அவருடைய நடிப்பில் மிளிர்ந்த படங்கள்:

நெஞ்சில் ஓர் ஆலயம்
சுமைதாங்கி
நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை
வானம்பாடி
மறக்க முடியுமா
வாழ்க்கைப் படகு

பாவ மன்னிப்பு
பந்தபாசம்
அன்னை இல்லம்
ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை
அன்புக்கரங்கள்
நீலவானம்
சாந்தி
பழனி
பலேபாண்டியா
முரடன் முத்து
கர்ணன்
.............. பட்டியல் நீள்கிறது. ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் குறை சொல்ல முடியாத, அதே சமயம் மனதுக்கு நிறைவாக செய்திருப்பார்.

நடிகர் திலகத்தோடு மட்டுமல்லாது ஜெமினி கணேஷ், எஸ்.எஸ்.ஆர். இவர்களோடும் பல படங்களில் நடித்தவர். எம்ஜியாரோடு நடித்த ஒரே படமான 'ஆனந்த ஜோதி'யிலும் சிறப்பாக செய்திருப்பார்.

"சொன்னது நீதானா"
"கங்கை கரை தோட்டம்"
"நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை"
"அமைதியான நதியினிலே"
"அலையே வா... அருகே வா"

கர்ணன் போர்க்களம் போகும்போது, மஞ்சள் நிற சேலையில் தலையை அவிழ்த்துப் போட்டுக்கொண்டு வரும் அழகே அழகு.

And this! grouch, ivangaLai vote pOda vekkaNum. Pls do the honours

Plum
15th July 2009, 07:53 PM
gnAyamA paarthA Savithri-ku dhaan pOdanum vote-u. But Devika option paarthavune, kai slip-aayi avangaLuke pottiruchu...what to do

kiamqewaf
25th July 2012, 06:19 PM
And this! grouch, ivangaLai vote pOda vekkaNum. Pls do the honours

Naan niraia Smt Devika naditha padangalai parthirukken.Azhagu, Kalaina mugam, Pooponra Muthu siruppu, poosanapola udambu ellam orunge amaindavar

Thiru sivajiodu agattum alladu thaniaga naditha padangalakattum alattatha irritate pannada nadippu

Balepandya, Karnan, Bandapasam, Muradan Muthu, Vanambadi , Andavan Kattali , Ananda jothi etc etc agia padangalij avar pattum ,muga pavamum patthukkonde irukkalam

Palum Pazhamum, Shanti, Andavan Kattali Padangalil avar Ramance muga pavanai oru Padminioi, Sarojadevio, Savtrio,Sowcar Jankio, Vijayakumario kattamudiathu

Vanambadi, Nenjam Marappadillai, Nenjil Oru Alayam, Marakka Mudiyuma, Vazhkai Padagu padangalil avar nadippu thirani patri SOLLA THEVAIILLI

"kulamagal Radi'el irritate nadipai thantha Sarojadevi Devika Vanda Piragudan padam nimirnthu senradu. Kadisiyil SIVAJI DEVIKAVI manakkadu
migavum varutha maga ponadu

Neela Vanam A High profile Movie by our beloved Actress Smt Deviga

kiamqewaf
25th July 2012, 06:38 PM
Bale pandyavil Avar sivajiodo pannum Romance is the toppest of all

kiamqewaf
25th July 2012, 06:51 PM
Bale pandyavil Avar sivajiodo pannum Romance is the toppest of all

I have watched many Black and white and colour movies between 60 TO 80

In solo heroine songs with maximum expression in face and perfect matching with voice sweetness and vibration.

with face beauty showing on Screesn it is only from " Perazagi DEVIKA"

in each movies minimum two solo songs for our Devika were reserved. All were Super Hit Songs.

My best is " Vazhaninaithal Vazhalam " in Balepandya (With Scientist Sivaji Ganesan)

mr_karthik
25th July 2012, 08:32 PM
எங்கள் 'அண்ணி'யின் புகழ் பாட வந்திருக்கும் புதிய குயில் எம்.குமார் அவர்களை அன்புடன் வரவேற்கிறோம்.

'அண்ணி' தேவிகாவை யாருக்குத்தான் பிடிக்காது..?.

NOV
26th July 2012, 06:51 AM
2nd place for the most gracious actress, Saroja Devi :swinghead: :thumbsup:

madhu
26th July 2012, 06:58 AM
Savithri of course, just "kai kodutha deivam" is enough.

rajeshkrv
26th July 2012, 06:59 AM
Savithiri & Sarojadevi. Savithiri for complete acting . versatile. SD has all and glamour quotient as well. With MGR she sizzled with NT & Gemini she was subtle and performed equally with them

NOV
26th July 2012, 07:02 AM
SD has all and glamour quotient as well. :exactly: and she carried herself well in private as well :thumbsup: a True Real Star! :yes:

madhu
26th July 2012, 07:03 AM
vote for greatest Actress or Star ? :headscratching:

NOV
26th July 2012, 07:12 AM
why vote for actor Rajesh when you have star Kamalahassan :lol:

madhu
26th July 2012, 07:14 AM
appo Title-ai greatest star-nu maathittaa en vote maaridum

kiamqewaf
26th July 2012, 01:10 PM
தேவிகாதான்

நெஞ்சில் ஓர் ஆலயம்
சுமைதாங்கி
நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை
வானம்பாடி
மறக்க முடியுமா
வாழ்க்கைப் படகு

பாவ மன்னிப்பு
பந்தபாசம்
அன்னை இல்லம்
ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை
அன்புக்கரங்கள்
நீலவானம்
சாந்தி
பழனி
பலேபாண்டியா
முரடன் முத்து
கர்ணன்

"சொன்னது நீதானா"
"கங்கை கரை தோட்டம்"
"நெஞ்சம் மறப்பதில்லை"
"அமைதியான நதியினிலே"
"அலையே வா... அருகே வா"

Dear Friend,

I fully accept your view. Thirailel Devikavai parkumbodu thonrum Anandam enda nadigaium tharavillai.
naan solla vendiathai ellam neengal solli vittergal. Devika niraia irritatega tamil pesamattargal. Anal Mugalatchanam Mellia kobam kalanda
muga pavanai ellam engal Devikkavukke.

Bale pandya devika oru arpuda azhagu.

groucho070
26th July 2012, 03:33 PM
Padmini is ofcourse 2nd greatest,for me .Padmini had better physic and dancing talent .But being plumpy ,not much dancing talents Savithri made me to like her more with her

1.facial Expression (all her movies)
2.Humour (Navarathiri,especially in the koothu song)
3.Great Dialogue delivery (Thiruvilayadal)
4.Good at Sentiments (Pasamalar)

How many years now, 6? Joe, I agree with you now wholeheartedly. I wish I could change my vote now. Sorry mr_Karthik, but I yam still yuvar club (Devika) member, boss.

hamid
26th July 2012, 03:47 PM
Voted for Devika..

oru 2 weeks munnadi vanthiruntha Vanishree en illainu kettu sandai pottu iruppen. but revisited VM last week and found that that the impact was due to teh characterisation, not because of Vanishree to an extentnu purinchuthu.. Vaanishree rasikar manRathula irunthi vilakitten :cool2:

of course.. Devika is an all time favourite...

venkkiram
26th July 2012, 04:57 PM
சுஜாதாவின் பெயரை காணோமே பட்டியலில்? எண்பதுகளை தொடும் முன்னே அம்மணி பத்து படங்களில் நடித்து விட்டார்கள். இவருக்கு இந்தக் கால இடைவெளிதான் சரியாக இருக்கும். அதுக்கு அப்புறம் பாவி பசங்க அம்மா பாத்திரங்களை கொடுத்திட்டாணுங்க.

venkkiram
26th July 2012, 04:58 PM
கருப்பு வெள்ளை படங்களையும் கணக்கில் கொண்டால்,

சாவித்திரி, பத்மினி, தேவிகா

mr_karthik
26th July 2012, 06:03 PM
Venkiram sir,

Your order should be like this....

Devika
Devika
Devika
Savithri
Padmini

kiamqewaf
28th July 2012, 08:08 AM
Venkiram sir,

Devika
Devika
Devika
Savithri
Padmini

Sivajikku sariyana jodi enral Adu namma Devika avragal mattume

Matra Heroine kal ellam edavadu oru vishayatil thotru viduvargal

Sivaji-Devika jodi []Pavamannippu padathil Palichenri thonria DEVIKA Vanda piragu inda jodi than best.

Plum
28th July 2012, 08:51 AM
Vaanishree rasikar manRathula irunthi vilakitten

of course.. Devika is an all time favourite...
:thumbsup: - vAzhkkaiyil thavaRAna pAdhaiyil pOvadhenbadhu anaivarukkum nErum oru sambavamE. AnAl adhilindhu mINdu uNmaiyai uNarndhu sariyAna pAdhaiyil payaNikkum manidhan punidhan AgiRAn. Hamid - you a punidhan from today!

Plum
28th July 2012, 08:57 AM
and she carried herself well in private as well a True Real Star
If she carried herself - a feat that MGR and Sivaji, with all their strength, probably found difficult - she is a medical miracle, let alone a True Real Star. Honouring the power and strength she has, can we call her the "True Power Star", your honour?

P.S: I really hate this "carried himself well" phrase. Newtonin vidhikku muraNAnadhu alalvA? Invented by half-witted fashion nazis, who, obviously, lack basic intelligence and wanted to sound something really intelligent I suppose.
PPS: NOV, dont react to the above as if I have slurred you. I dont mean to insult you - I am insulting the inventor of the phrase. I dont censure the users of that phrase. They are to be pitied, not censured, as Jeeves would say.

Plum
28th July 2012, 08:59 AM
With MGR she sizzled with NT & Gemini she was subtle and performed equally with them

:shock: - threesome, nay foursome. Which movie? Please tell me so I can avoid it. Threesome/foursome sounds an interesting concept. Especially, if the 3 males involved area as handsome and watchable as MGR, NT and GG. But SD, thanks but no thanks.

Plum
28th July 2012, 09:00 AM
எங்கள் 'அண்ணி'யின் புகழ் பாட வந்திருக்கும் புதிய குயில் எம்.குமார் அவர்களை அன்புடன் வரவேற்கிறோம்.

'அண்ணி' தேவிகாவை யாருக்குத்தான் பிடிக்காது..?.

mandra thalaivar mr_karthik sArbagavum, malyasia mandra thalaivar groucho sArbAgavum, aNNan kumarai varuga varuga endru varavERkiREN!

cokepepsi
28th July 2012, 10:09 AM
madam. j.jaya semma variation in most of her roles.

kiamqewaf
28th July 2012, 06:19 PM
Migavum Nanri Sir Mr Karthik

Please tamil ill eppadi ezhuduvadu enbadai sollungal

M.Kumar

kiamqewaf
28th July 2012, 06:22 PM
Migavum Nanri sir

Ennudia abimana Devika vai patri niraia therindu kolla virumbukren

madhu
28th July 2012, 06:23 PM
Migavum Nanri Sir Mr Karthik

Please tamil ill eppadi ezhuduvadu enbadai sollungal

M.Kumar

download e-kalappai or azhagi software. Then just by clicking a button u can change the font. அப்புறம் இப்படி தமிழிலும் English-லும் மாத்தி maathi எழுதலாம்.

kiamqewaf
29th July 2012, 02:06 PM
Difficult to choose between Padmini & Savithri, but finally I voted for Savithri - she did the comedy scene in "Mayabazar" with such elan, where she was supposedly Gatothkachan in female form ! :thumbsup:

Savitrikkum, padminikkum mudal irandu idangalai tharalam.
Aanal moonram idam Devikkavuthan. Sarojadvium, Jayalalithavum M.G.R banneril thangalai valarthu kondargal.

Aanal Devika Nenjil Oru Alayam, Vanambadi, Vazkaipadagu,Nenjam-Marappadillai,Neelavanam, Sumaithangi, Karnan etc( pattial long ..
ponra padangalil thani Heroine charecter role panni migavum paer vangiavar.

Sumar 30 MGR (B&W) Padangalil sarojadevi and jayalalitha naditha ore madiriana nadippai than ore padamana " Ananda Jothi" eil
Devika nadithu kattinnar.

Adanal Devika vukku kandippaga 2 or 3 place varavendum.

NOV
29th July 2012, 06:08 PM
Devikavukku 3rd place kodunga... adhu unga ishttam.
mudhal idam engal thanga chimizh Saroja Devikku thaan :D
just the right amount of emoting and perfect star - perhaps the only real female star.

mr_karthik
29th July 2012, 07:51 PM
Nov sir,

எந்த சரோஜாதேவியை சொல்கிறீர்கள்..?.

சோகமான காட்சிகளில்கூட மழலை மொழி பேசி நம்மை ஒரு வழி பண்ணுவாரே அவரையா..?.

நல்ல காமெடி சார்.

(இன்றைக்கும் கூட புதியபறவை சீரியஸ் கிளைமாக்ஸ் சீனில் அவர் பேசும் 'கோபால்' வசனம் மிமிக்ரி கலைஞர்களால் கிண்டலுக்குப்பயன்படுத்தப் படுகிறது).

madhu
29th July 2012, 07:59 PM
தேவிகா.. சரோஜாதேவி... ம்ம்ம்... ஆடிப்பெருக்கில் ஜெமினியை தேவிகாவுக்கு தாரை வார்த்த சரோஜாதேவி குலமகள் ராதையில் சிவாஜியை தேவிகாவுக்கு விட்டுக் கொடுக்கவில்லை.
தாமரை நெஞ்சம் சரோஜாதேவியும், நீலவானம் தேவிகாவும் பெண்களை அழவிட்டவங்க. டான்ஸ் ஆடத் தெரியாமலேயே ஆயிரம் கண்கள் மலரட்டுமே என்று சொல்லிக் கொடுத்ததை ஆடியே அசர வைத்த தேவிகாவும், யவ்வனமே என் யவ்வனமே என்று கந்தர்வ கன்னியாக ஆரம்ப காலத்தில் வெறும் டான்ஸ் ஆடியிருந்தாலும் அபினய சரஸ்வதி என்று பெயர் வாங்கிய சரோஜாதேவியும் போட்டியில் சளைக்காமல் இருக்காங்க..

அது சரி.. பரிதாபமாக கதறும் விஜயகுமாரிக்கு ஒரு ஓட்டு கூட இல்லையா ? அந்தோ என்ன ஒரு பரிதாப நிலை ?

NOV
29th July 2012, 08:09 PM
kanindha maraththukku thaan kalladi... mimicry panninaal thaan vetrigaramaana nadigarena oththukkalaam... sivaji'ya mimicry pannaadhadhaa?
dEvikava En mimicry pannala? Enaa avanga kitta onnum illa :poke:

karnan padaththula avanga perusaa onnum pannala.. vEru endha nadigaiyaiyum pOttirukkalaam... glamour quotientaavadhu irundhirukkum

kiamqewaf
29th July 2012, 10:27 PM
kanindha maraththukku thaan kalladi... mimicry panninaal thaan vetrigaramaana nadigarena oththukkalaam... sivaji'ya mimicry pannaadhadhaa?

karnan padaththula avanga perusaa onnum pannala.. vEru endha nadigaiyaiyum pOttirukkalaam... glamour quotientaavadhu irundhirukkum

Neenga Karnan padathai nanraga parkkavillai. Devika inda padathil mattumalla enda sivaji padathukkum nanraga porunduvar, Avargal Tamil Cenemavi
padu super jodi.Anda mugavPaVAnai ellam sarojadevi yidam edir parka mudiyatu.

Aduthu " Kulamagal Radai " Devika vanda piraduthan padame nimirgiradu. Anda thullal, surusuppukku Sarojadevi nerunga mudiyathu
Climaxis sarojadevi azhuvadu ore erichal. Tamile varadu. Aanal anda scenil Devika amaidiyana/azhamana sogamana nadippai velikkattuvar.
Aga indapadathil sarojadevi out .

Matroru daily piece. Technology munnerada kalathi vanda padm " Vanambadi". Oru amaidiana pennagavum, azhgana satru thimirana Padagiyagavum
varum devika last court sceneai parungal. inda madiriana nadippai ellam sathimaga sarojadevi kodukka mattar. Stereo Type ACTION

Devika ellam pirkalathil savitri vida siranda nadippai koduthullar.

Kadaisiaga "Saraswati Sabadam " mupperum Davier , Devika, Padmini, Savitri mattume mudal moomru edathukku inruvarai thaguthianavargal.

Enadu devika vilakkam thodarum Adiperukku padam partha piragu

i

kiamqewaf
29th July 2012, 10:34 PM
No savitri in irumbuthirai sorry

rajeshkrv
29th July 2012, 11:10 PM
Nov sir,

எந்த சரோஜாதேவியை சொல்கிறீர்கள்..?.

சோகமான காட்சிகளில்கூட மழலை மொழி பேசி நம்மை ஒரு வழி பண்ணுவாரே அவரையா..?.

நல்ல காமெடி சார்.

(இன்றைக்கும் கூட புதியபறவை சீரியஸ் கிளைமாக்ஸ் சீனில் அவர் பேசும் 'கோபால்' வசனம் மிமிக்ரி கலைஞர்களால் கிண்டலுக்குப்பயன்படுத்தப் படுகிறது).

Karthik,
Ahdu kindalukku payan padutha padugirandhu endru sonnal, NT'n "ennappa solra " and walking is being used left right and centre by Adhu idu edhu siricha pochu folks
that doesnt mean the originals were bad. It's signature dialouges. Whether u believe it or not NT himself has appreciated SD for her acting capability in Palum pazhamum, Iruvar ullam etc. So Mazhalai was used by the actors/directors to cash more money. Aduthavanga kuralukku enna bavam kodukkrathunne theriyama nadikkum nadigayir mathiryil SD was way better. Subtle SD acting movies neenga pakkalaya illa pakkave illanu sadhikka poreengala.

Devika was good but if you notice in Bale pandiya Sandhya panna alavukku kooda comedy varadhu Devikavukku.

We are talking about all depts in which Savithiri & SD score than others

rajeshkrv
29th July 2012, 11:12 PM
Neenga Karnan padathai nanraga parkkavillai. Devika inda padathil mattumalla enda sivaji padathukkum nanraga porunduvar, Avargal Tamil Cenemavi
padu super jodi.Anda mugavPaVAnai ellam sarojadevi yidam edir parka mudiyatu.

Aduthu " Kulamagal Radai " Devika vanda piraduthan padame nimirgiradu. Anda thullal, surusuppukku Sarojadevi nerunga mudiyathu
Climaxis sarojadevi azhuvadu ore erichal. Tamile varadu. Aanal anda scenil Devika amaidiyana/azhamana sogamana nadippai velikkattuvar.
Aga indapadathil sarojadevi out .

Matroru daily piece. Technology munnerada kalathi vanda padm " Vanambadi". Oru amaidiana pennagavum, azhgana satru thimirana Padagiyagavum
varum devika last court sceneai parungal. inda madiriana nadippai ellam sathimaga sarojadevi kodukka mattar. Stereo Type ACTION

Devika ellam pirkalathil savitri vida siranda nadippai koduthullar.

Kadaisiaga "Saraswati Sabadam " mupperum Davier , Devika, Padmini, Savitri mattume mudal moomru edathukku inruvarai thaguthianavargal.

Enadu devika vilakkam thodarum Adiperukku padam partha piragu

i

aadiperukku kulamagal radhai .. Devika no chance in front of SD. SD scores in both these movies

rajeshkrv
29th July 2012, 11:13 PM

Kannukku kulamedhu songa thavira Devikavukku avlo scope illa. Asokan wifea vandhu Savithiri will score more ..known fact as well.

madhu
30th July 2012, 06:07 AM
sAvithri anegamaga ella type role-sum senjirukkar. konja naalileye konjam roller pola aagi vittar. avlothan. mathapadi missiamma, maya bazaar, kai kodutha deivam pasa malar intha characters ellavatrukkum porundha koodiyavargaL kidaippathu romba kashtam.

NT-kku aNNiyaga vanthu oru aRai kodutha peNNin perumai, thangaiyaga vanthu azha vaitha pasa malar, jodiyaga vanthu saNdai pOtta thiruviLaiyadal, avarudaiya 9 characters-ukkum eedu kodutha navarathiri ippadi niraiya padangaL uNdu. MT-yudanum parisu, vettaikaran enru nadithirunthaalum, avar padathil nadippai vida glamour irunthAl makkaL rasippArgaL enRa nilai iruntha kaaraNathaal ( Mahadevi-yil motha chance-um heroine-ukkuthan ) later stage-la kaaNavillai.

naan matha entha nadigaigaLaiyum kuRai solla mAttEn. But nadigaiyar thilagam enRu kodukkappatta pattam thappaga irukka chance illeengO.

NOV
30th July 2012, 06:27 AM
Rajesh :thumbsup: arumaiyaana padhivugal :thumbsup:
periya nadigaigal endru thOndum pOdhu devika peyar idam peraadhu... SD, Pathmini, Savithri peyargal netchayam irukkum... illaathavargalOdu edhukku naam oppidanum? :huh:

madhu
30th July 2012, 08:30 AM
mm.. ennathai solradhu.. sarodadevi from karnataka... savithri from andhra.. padmini from kerala..

uruppadiya oru pazhaiya thamizh actress kooda thamizh naattula irundhu varave illaiya ? :cry2:

NOV
30th July 2012, 08:34 AM
sowkar janaki?
naama thaan hema malini azhaga illa nu anappi vechuttOmE :p

Plum
30th July 2012, 08:35 AM
Sj suryavai kooda thaan mimicry paNdrAngo. Adhukkaga "oh he has a signature so only ppl are mimicking. Kaainja maram dhaan kannadi padum...sorry kaninja maram dhaan kalladi padum" avarukkum porundhumA?
Devi Saroja was a glamour doll - and even that really speaks poorly of my father's generation, btw. Enga thaatha generation's TR RajakumariyE thEvala - adhuvum kaalaththin kolam. This is where the phrase "rasanai ketta mummy daddies" earns its full corn. Handover to grouch...grouch, eveningA MKumar varuvaar. Adhu varaikkin nInga mandra paNigaLai pArungaL.

madhu
30th July 2012, 08:37 AM
anna.. sowcar janaki is from Rajamundry, Andhra pradesh

hema malini, vyjayanthimala ellarum odi ponavanga.. avanga aatathukku kidaiyadhu.

NOV
30th July 2012, 08:48 AM
adha thaan naanum sollren annaa... namma pengala thaan veratti adichaattangalE... so we have to settle for imported talents even today, some good some average and some bad.
like saroja devi, padmini and devika

groucho070
30th July 2012, 08:50 AM
iniyum sollurathukku enna irukku. The films Devika did with NT were iconic and some of the best in his career, her contribution were immense. She disappears into her roles to the point that you can't pick something up to mimic. Mimic artist pick up the worst of the artist they are mimicking, SD is an easy target.

NOV
30th July 2012, 08:51 AM
actually I dont care if someone likes any particular actress (or actor or any other artiste)... most beautiful, best actress ellaam typical fanboy talk
only when they start putting down others, do I come in :poke:

NOV
30th July 2012, 08:51 AM
the fact remains that there is absolute NOTHING to pick up from Devika... dont miss the forest for the trees

Plum
30th July 2012, 08:55 AM
there is absolutely nothing to pickup from Devika...dont miss the woods for the forest
Chee! dabil meanngla pEsAdhInga ;-)

groucho070
30th July 2012, 08:58 AM
I suddenly remembered a joke about MGR introducing his home to JJ. His voice and how "room" becomes...(point is weaknesses are made fun off, there's nothing to make fun off Devika).

NOV
30th July 2012, 09:05 AM
its a joke to compare devika with saroja devi in the first place... its like comparing simbu with rajni kanth ... please lah!

Plum
30th July 2012, 09:08 AM
Oh! And what is the rationale for
Simbu:Rajinikanth::Devika:Devi Saroja ??

BTW, isnt Rajinikanth the same feller you dismissed as non-acting, inferior to Jivva and Simran, style dubukku? If you are thinking along those lines, yes, you might be on to something there...

NOV
30th July 2012, 09:14 AM
idhu koodavaa therila... thats why you must sometimes come down from the pedestal :lol2:

simbu calls himself little superstar but who is insignificant when compared to the real superstar
acting doesnt come into the equation here....

Plum
30th July 2012, 09:24 AM
Devika doesnt have any adaimozhi
Devika fans dont claim she is this superstar
No self promotion

Abhinaya Saraswathinu pEru vechukittadhu yAru?
South Indian superstarunnu mAru thattikaRadhu yAru?
Self promotion paNNippadhu yAru
Only Devi Saroja fans.
Hence Devi Saroja fits the Simbu profile much better :poke:

NOV
30th July 2012, 09:30 AM
Devika has nothing. Period.
you are trying to make her great by associating her with the great Saroja Devi...
nice try :rotfl:

NOV
30th July 2012, 09:36 AM
Saroja Devi is one of the most successful female film stars in the history of Indian cinema and she was at her peak as the main female lead in many films.
Saroja Devi received Padma Bhushan, third highest civilian award, in 2002
In 1969, she was honoured with the Padma Sri, the fourth-highest civilian honour, by the Government of India.

p/s: go and play somewhere else, small boys :lol:

Shakthiprabha
30th July 2012, 09:59 AM
I like SD for her koochikooooing talks........ great actress, wonderful performances...but somewhere somehow.......she doesn't top the list as great "actress". (though one of my most fav actress)

savithri padmini......SORRY not my types
vijaykumari.......... sorry I obscond
banumathi...........may be I will wait for someone eh... not so dominant
KRv.....summa thottukalaam OORGAI
devika.......sigh...... ok I supp....... cant quite vote
vyjayantihmala ............ doll....... lovely cutey pretty doll.......great actress wish she did had done more in TFI...
Lakshmi.........good....great actress...somehow I dont wanna include her to the above char...let her stand apart. :bow:

That leaves me with majestic, oh-so-fantastic-jayalalitha... what do I do....... hmm ? :think: Wish she had concentrated in films than politics :lol2: ..... what do I do............... I think I vote for

LAKSHMI.... (the generation gap is too huge with lakshmi and savithri, padmini, vijaykumari snif sniff :cry3: types...) but lakshmi it is!

rajeshkrv
30th July 2012, 10:15 AM
Devika doesnt have any adaimozhi
Devika fans dont claim she is this superstar
No self promotion

Abhinaya Saraswathinu pEru vechukittadhu yAru?
South Indian superstarunnu mAru thattikaRadhu yAru?
Self promotion paNNippadhu yAru
Only Devi Saroja fans.
Hence Devi Saroja fits the Simbu profile much better :poke:

Self Promotiona.. Abhinaya saraswathi was not coined by her. Even Dr.Rajendraprasad was impressed with Sarojadevi's acting skills in Kituru chennamma.

Devika is good but cant fit in a complete actress category. Never

Plum
30th July 2012, 10:30 AM
Nata Kreeti Rajendra Prasad was a fan of Devi Saroja? News to me but quite possible. He is about 60 years of age now. Must have grown up in the era where Devi Saroja was the glamour queen. As I said my father's generation - rasanai ketta mummy daddies :)

rajeshkrv
30th July 2012, 11:00 AM
Nata Kreeti Rajendra Prasad was a fan of Devi Saroja? News to me but quite possible. He is about 60 years of age now. Must have grown up in the era where Devi Saroja was the glamour queen. As I said my father's generation - rasanai ketta mummy daddies :)

Hello naan sonnadhu ex president sarvapalli radhakrishnan..not rajendra prasad(my bad for the typo)

madhu
30th July 2012, 11:45 AM
rasanai ketta mummy daddies - nice.. ippadi comment kodukkum pasangaLai vaLarthavanga rasanai kettavangathaan :rotfl:

kiamqewaf
30th July 2012, 01:15 PM
rasanai ketta mummy daddies - nice.. ippadi comment kodukkum pasangaLai vaLarthavanga rasanai kettavangathaan :rotfl:

Thalaippu ; Who are the greatest tamil actress before 80s

Aanal inda listil Banumati, Vijayakumari, vanisri, Chandrakantha, Manimala,Sowcar, Anjalidevi, Pushpalatha etc.. names not appear

alladu mudal mark edukkavillai.

70-80 ILL vanda Sumitra, Padapat, Jayachitra, Jayasudha, Sujatha,Lata, Manjula, Rajasri etc oruvarum listil kanom:

Aaga Savtri, Padmini, Devika, Sarojadevi matteme marupadium marupadium idathai pidikkirargal.

Oru sambandame illada thalaippukku pottium adarkana muduvum amaigiradu

So "56-70" vanda tamil padangal oru porkalam.

Shakthiprabha
30th July 2012, 02:20 PM
true kumar.

lot of 70s actresses went missing. this is more 60z list...epdiyo jj and lakshmi vanthutaanga.

Plum
30th July 2012, 02:24 PM
Rajeshkrv and madhu - romba seriousallaam eduthukkadhinga. Oncn a while, grouch and me have this veLayAttu saNdai with NOv and shaktiprabha on sarosa devi's skills. To quote Vaigaipuyal, "naanga avangalai kannaa pinnannu thittaRadhu etc" is jagajam. Those who take it seriously just drink a glass of water and excuse us juveniles.

madhu
30th July 2012, 02:35 PM
Plumji.. naan ethaiyume serious-a eduthukkaradhe illai.. ( en post end-la paarungO.. sirippu icon irukkum.. gavaningO plz ).. NOV mattum enna SD rasigar manra thalaivara ? konjam vittA kaNNamba, T R Rajakumari, B S saroja ippadi ellaam varuvaanga polirukku..

OK.. sirs. appadinna K.B. sundarambaL and M.S.Subbulakshmi=yaiyum kooda serka solli enga thatha solraaru.. :yes:

kiamqewaf
30th July 2012, 03:56 PM
its a joke to compare devika with saroja devi in the first place... its like comparing simbu with rajni kanth ... please lah!

Dear sir,

Ungal karuthini satru othukolla mudiavillai!!!

Neengal matroru thiriana " Shivajikku Sariyaana Jodi" padiyungal.

Devika nadithha "thani padangal" matrum "Sivajiyodu naditha padangal" ill Devikavin

nadiputhiranai nanraga vimarsanam saydu iruppargal ennudia abimana " The Hub" Friends.

Padikka migavum rasanai aga irukkum.Devika meedu innum abimanam adigamagam.!

Ungal padilukku varugiren !

Devika, Sarojadevi, iruvarum sama kalathil tamil Cenamavukku vandavargal ! (adarku munnal Devika-Telugu, Sarojadevi-Kannada)

( 1957-Devika Mudalali, 1958-Sarojadevi-Nadodi Mannan padangalail arimugamanargal ). Both films are Super Hits.!!

Piragu malamalavenru iruvarum niraia padangalil nadikka arambittargal. Erakkuraia 57-66 varudangalil ivargal iruvarum than mudal

Irandu idathil irundanar

Devika with Shivaji (Character Films) & Sarojadevi with MGR (Glamourous movies) acted lot of films!!!

Inda kalathil Vijayakumari,sowcar,Chandrakantha, Kanchana, Rajasri, Rajasulochana,Jayanti,jamuna ponru palar irundum evarum mudal

idangalai pidikka mudiyavillai. Savitri, Padmini,Banumati, Anjalidevi erakkuraia veliyeri vittargal.

Adanal Devikavaium Sarojadeviyum compare panna vendiyadu agivittadu.

Naan sarojadevi "i" kuarai sollavillai. Avarudia ore madiyiana stereo nadippai parthu parthu salithu vittadu.

Enakku therindu sarojadevi heroine oriented padathil nadkka virumbavillai Devika madiri.

(Devika avargal tamil matrum Telugu,Malaialam padangalilum ella "Hero"kalodum 150 padangalukku mal nadithu pala vetri padangali

koduthullar. Thirami illaienral Devika ivvalavu padangalil nadithu irukka mudiyadu.

RAJNI-Simbu different time period. Aanal Devika-Sarojadevi Ore kalathavargal. Please dont compare just like that !!!!.(varalaru
theriamal)

Neengal Sarojadevie epaadai vendumanalum pugazhungal!. Adu ungal urimai.!!

Aanal engal Devikavai dayavusaidu kadumaiaga vimarisanam seyya vendam pl.

NOV
30th July 2012, 06:20 PM
So "56-70" vanda tamil padangal oru porkalam.100% saththiya vaarththaigal!

NOV
30th July 2012, 06:28 PM
Ungal karuthini satru othukolla mudiavillai!!! naangalum appadi thaan...Ungal karuthini satru othukolla mudiavillai!!!

Padikka migavum rasanai aga irukkum.Devika meedu innum abimanam adigamagam.!
adhellaam padiththu thaan enakku Devika paththina abimaanam varum enbadharkku illai

Devika with Shivaji (Character Films) & Sarojadevi with MGR (Glamourous movies) acted lot of films!!!
Pls list the films SD did with Sivaji and the list done by Devika. :poke:

Naan sarojadevi "i" kuarai sollavillai.
neengal kurai sonna piragu thaanE naangalE ullE vandhOm...

Avarudia ore madiyiana stereo nadippai parthu parthu salithu vittadu.
adhu ungaludaiya avipraayam, unmai alla

Enakku therindu sarojadevi heroine oriented padathil nadkka virumbavillai Devika madiri.
ditto

(Devika avargal tamil matrum Telugu,Malaialam padangalilum ella "Hero"kalodum 150 padangalukku mal nadithu pala vetri padangali
koduthullar. Thirami illaienral Devika ivvalavu padangalil nadithu irukka mudiyadu. avarukkum mElaaga SD nadiththirukkindraar.. so ungalukkum sollgirEn: Thirami illaienral Saroja Devi ivvalavu padangalil nadithu irukka mudiyadu.

RAJNI-Simbu different time period. Aanal Devika-Sarojadevi Ore kalathavargal. Please dont compare just like that !!!!.
why different period? both are acting now?

(varalaru theriamal)
varalaaru, sariththiram, boolOgam ellaam naanum padiththavan thaan

Aanal engal Devikavai dayavusaidu kadumaiaga vimarisanam seyya vendam pl. ungalukku pidikkadhadhai matravargalukkum seyya vEndaam....
neengal SD-ai patri pEsavillai endraal naanum matravargalum edhukku ingE ullE nuzhaiyuvOm

NOV
30th July 2012, 06:37 PM
Aanal engal Devikavai dayavusaidu kadumaiaga vimarisanam seyya vendam pl. idhukku pEr thaan oorukku upadhEsam.... :lol:

Even In Kulamgal Radai scenes were thrilling only with Devika and not with Sarojadevi. My favourite actress ia always Devika with Sivaji

Her films might have not been so succeesful like with NT AND SAROJADEVI. but Saroja devi irritating acting is the worst part of it.

Some bad luck with Devika, few films commercilaaly not done in the first round She is most siited to Sivaji. Kindly delete sarojadevi. Her acting with sivaji not liked by me. I'M Sivaji and Devika admirer .

madhu
30th July 2012, 06:37 PM
saroja devi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._Saroja_Devi

devika

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devika

NOV
30th July 2012, 06:40 PM
saroja devi

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B._Saroja_Devi annaa thank you :bow:

National Awards
2008 Life Time Achievement Award by the Government of India
1992 Padma Bhushan
1969 Padma Shri

State and other Awards
2010 Lifetime achievement award by the Government of Tamil Nadu
2009 Dr.Rajkumar National award by the Government of Karnataka
2009 N.T.R. National Award from Government of Andhra Pradesh for the second time for the year 2009
2009 Natya Kaladhar Award - Tamil cinema, by Bharat Kalachar Chennai
2007 NTR award for remarkable achievement by Karnataka Telugu Academy
2007 Rotary Sivaji Award by the Charitable Trust and Rotary Club of Chennai
2006 Honorary Doctorate from Bangalore University
2003 Dinakaran award for All-round Achievement
2001 N.T.R. National Award from Andhra Pradesh Government for the year 2001
1997 Tamil Nadu Government’s M.G.R award
1997 Lifetime achievement awards by Cinema Express in Chennai
1997 Filmfare award for All-round Achievement
1989 Karnataka Government’s Rajyothsava award
1980 Abhinandana-Kanchana Mala award by Karnataka State
1965 Honoured as a title "Abinya saraswathy" by Karnataka Government - Plum :poke: who is RKMD now? :poke:

Plum
30th July 2012, 07:36 PM
NOV - Saroja Devi is an iconic Kannada actress. Probably the most succesful ever from Kannada screen. Good connections with Dr Rajkumar I guess. She apparently is a good citizen who gets on well with everyone and has a very traditonally apprecfiable personal life. Unsurprisingly, Successive Karnataka govts have recommended her for padma honours.
Savitri - great actress but hardly any contacts(barring sambar ganesan). Didn't live a model life either - kudi kootthu drugs etc. No wonder that Andhra governments didn't fall over to recommend her for padma honours. That's how awards work. This doesn't mean much to me. Perhaps we can judge that devi rosa was more of a good citizen of the country and more conventionally acceptable. These awards aren't for acting prowess. Not that Savithri or Devika have many awards. SivajikkE nadippu award illaiyaam...ivangulukku illainA koRai pada mudiyin?

PARAMASHIVAN
30th July 2012, 07:45 PM
I am weak in this aspect ( Before 80's), but IMHO, I feel it is savithri.

NOV
30th July 2012, 07:46 PM
plum.. not so fast... this was in response to your accusation that SD's title was self-inflicted like simbhu's little superstar... ippa neenga dhisai thiruppa vEndaam :poke:

kiamqewaf
30th July 2012, 08:19 PM
annaa thank you :bow:

National Awards
2008 Life Time Achievement Award by the Government of India
1992 Padma Bhushan
1969 Padma Shri

State and other Awards
2010 Lifetime achievement award by the Government of Tamil Nadu
2009 Dr.Rajkumar National award by the Government of Karnataka
2009 N.T.R. National Award from Government of Andhra Pradesh for the second time for the year 2009
2009 Natya Kaladhar Award - Tamil cinema, by Bharat Kalachar Chennai
2007 NTR award for remarkable achievement by Karnataka Telugu Academy
2007 Rotary Sivaji Award by the Charitable Trust and Rotary Club of Chennai
2006 Honorary Doctorate from Bangalore University
2003 Dinakaran award for All-round Achievement
2001 N.T.R. National Award from Andhra Pradesh Government for the year 2001
1997 Tamil Nadu Government’s M.G.R award
1997 Lifetime achievement awards by Cinema Express in Chennai
1997 Filmfare award for All-round Achievement
1989 Karnataka Government’s Rajyothsava award
1980 Abhinandana-Kanchana Mala award by Karnataka State
1965 Honoured as a title "Abinya saraswathy" by Karnataka Government - Plum :poke: who is RKMD now? :poke:

Neengal nanraga sirathai eduthu padil sollivittergal. Rombavum nanri.
Oru rasiganukku ezhum abimanam avanavan rasanaie poruthathu.
Nadigar/Nadigai vangum award ellam oru rasiganin manadinai matrividadu..

Ungal vimarchanangalal Devikavin Rasigargali siridum matra mudiyathu.
10 Andukalukku mun Marainduvitta engal Devikavai neengal ippadi vimarchippadu
manadukku rombavum vedanai aga irukkiradu.( Adanal Sarojadevi' ei inimal vimarchikka thayarillai)

Rasigargal indum Devikavai ninaithu e-mail " moolamaga karuthukkalai parimarikolllumpodu
Devikavin sirappaie unaralam.ennikkaiel kuraindalum manadukku thirupti.

rajeshkrv
30th July 2012, 08:26 PM
Neengal nanraga sirathai eduthu padil sollivittergal. Rombavum nanri.
Oru rasiganukku ezhum abimanam avanavan rasanaie poruthathu.
Nadigar/Nadigai vangum award ellam oru rasiganin manadinai matrividadu..

Ungal vimarchanangalal Devikavin Rasigargali siridum matra mudiyathu.
10 Andukalukku mun Marainduvitta engal Devikavai neengal ippadi vimarchippadu
manadukku rombavum vedanai aga irukkiradu.( Adanal Sarojadevi' ei inimal vimarchikka thayarillai)

Rasigargal indum Devikavai ninaithu e-mail " moolamaga karuthukkalai parimarikolllumpodu
Devikavin sirappaie unaralam.ennikkaiel kuraindalum manadukku thirupti.

cool Mr kumar idhu pattimandram madhiri engal katchi kararai vimarsikkum podhu naangalum vimarsithu thaane aga vendum. it's all in the game

Plum
30th July 2012, 08:59 PM
plum.. not so fast... this was in response to your accusation that SD's title was self-inflicted like simbhu's little superstar... ippa neenga dhisai thiruppa vEndaam :poke:

idhai nAn EppO sonnEn? Simbhu paththi sonnA sila pala obnoxious fellers path cross Agum. that dushtans kaNdAl me dhoora velagu. I no talk about Simbu.

self-inflictednA Kaviperarasu mAdhiri sondha selavula kaasu koduththu vechukittadhunnu sollalai. yArO avangaLukku vENdapattavanga oru paasaththula koduthurukkAngangaRa arthtathula dhAn sonnEn. Obviously, it didnt come out well.

Karnataka government uNarchci vasa pattu thangaLOda iluppaipookku sarkkarai pattam koduthadhula AchcharayamE illai!

Plum
30th July 2012, 09:01 PM
M Kumar - idhukkellAm sensitive AgAdhInga. namma sidelErundhu avanga candidate-ai Egathukku vARi irukkOm. this all give and take mA.

Plum
30th July 2012, 09:02 PM
I am weak in this aspect ( Before 80's), but IMHO, I feel it is savithri.

yeah, yeah. After 80s matternA faramu gun MAdhiri karuththu solvAr.

rajeshkrv
30th July 2012, 09:39 PM

Plum irukkura comedy podhadha neenga vera comedy pannatheenga

evocyucifovu
1st August 2012, 06:49 PM
தேவிகா.. சரோஜாதேவி... ம்ம்ம்... ஆடிப்பெருக்கில் ஜெமினியை தேவிகாவுக்கு தாரை வார்த்த சரோஜாதேவி குலமகள் ராதையில் சிவாஜியை தேவிகாவுக்கு விட்டுக் கொடுக்கவில்லை.
தாமரை நெஞ்சம் சரோஜாதேவியும், நீலவானம் தேவிகாவும் பெண்களை அழவிட்டவங்க. டான்ஸ் ஆடத் தெரியாமலேயே ஆயிரம் கண்கள் மலரட்டுமே என்று சொல்லிக் கொடுத்ததை ஆடியே அசர வைத்த தேவிகாவும், யவ்வனமே என் யவ்வனமே என்று கந்தர்வ கன்னியாக ஆரம்ப காலத்தில் வெறும் டான்ஸ் ஆடியிருந்தாலும் அபினய சரஸ்வதி என்று பெயர் வாங்கிய சரோஜாதேவியும் போட்டியில் சளைக்காமல் இருக்காங்க..

அது சரி.. பரிதாபமாக கதறும் விஜயகுமாரிக்கு ஒரு ஓட்டு கூட இல்லையா ? அந்தோ என்ன ஒரு பரிதாப நிலை ?

This Comparison is not correct. Devika in " Neelavanam" excelled in actions, emptions, feelings, and whole movie she dominated

film from beginning to end and competed in action with Shivaji Ganesan. Even Devika looked as a dying patient ( Super Make-up)

In " Kulavilakku nothing special done by sarojadevi.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st August 2012, 08:44 PM

Naan enna thappa soleetEn ?

Plum
1st August 2012, 09:54 PM
ada 80sku munnAlangaradhunAla correctA theriyalanu sonnIngaLE...80skappuRamna mattum? epdiyum questin mark pottu dhAnE kEkka pORInga?:)

madhu
2nd August 2012, 04:46 AM
This Comparison is not correct. Devika in " Neelavanam" excelled in actions, emptions, feelings, and whole movie she dominated

film from beginning to end and competed in action with Shivaji Ganesan. Even Devika looked as a dying patient ( Super Make-up)

In " Kulavilakku nothing special done by sarojadevi.

இதிலே கம்பேரிஸன் என்று எதுவுமே இல்லையே ! குலவிளக்கையும் நீலவானத்தையும் கம்பேர் செய்வதே தவறு. தனக்கு என்ன வியாதி என்றே தெரியாமல் தாயாகப் போவதாக எண்ணும் ஒரு கதாபாத்திரம் பெண்களிடம் ஏற்படுத்தும் தாக்கத்தை சொந்தங்களுக்காக தியாகம் செய்து எலும்புருக்கி நோயை வரவழைத்துக் கொண்டு அதனாலேயே அவதிப்படும் ஒரு பெண் கதாபாத்திரத்தால் ஏற்படுத்த முடியாது. அதிலும் ஒரு தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தியவர் சுஜாதா ( உறவு சொல்ல ஒருவன் ).

எப்போதுமே தன் துன்பத்தை அறியாமல் வாழும் பாத்திரங்கள் மனதில் அழுத்தமாக இடம் பெறுவார்கள். ( பாலைவனச் சோலை சுகாசினி ) அல்லது ம்ற்றவர்களுக்குத் தெரியாமல் மறைத்து வாழும் பாத்திரம் ( பூவே பூச்சூட வா நதியா ). எல்லோர் முன்பும் இருமிக்கொண்டே இருக்கும் பாத்திரம் பரிதாபத்தை வரவழைக்காது. அதனால்தான் குலவிளக்கை விட தாமரை நெஞ்சத்தைக் குறிப்பிட வேண்டி இருந்தது.

கணக்கு, சரித்திரம், பூகோளம் என்று தனித்தனியாக பார்த்தால் வேறு வேறு மாணவர்கள் முதல் மார்க் எடுக்கலாம். மொத்தமாக பார்த்துதான் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கவேண்டும். காரணம் இலலாமலே சிலரைப் பிடித்திருக்கக் கூடும். ( தெரிந்த ஒருவர் சிறந்த நடிகை ராஜஸ்ரீ என்று சொல்வார் :) ) அவர் வரை அது உண்மையாகவே தோன்றலாம்.

அதே போல ஒரு படத்தில் சிறப்பாக நடித்தால் அது யாராக இருந்தாலும் மற்றவர்களை விட சிறந்தவர் என்று கூற முடியாது. ( அப்படி பார்த்தா இப்போ இருக்குறவங்களில் பிரியா மணிதான் பெஸ்ட் :ஹி ஹி )

madhu
2nd August 2012, 04:47 AM
Naan enna thappa soleetEn ?

Nothing wrong PS.. neenga vayasula chinnavar-nu solraanga appadinnu eduthukka vendiyathuthan.. sweet edunga. kondadunga !

kiamqewaf
2nd August 2012, 06:26 PM
இதிலே கம்பேரிஸன் என்று எதுவுமே இல்லையே ! குலவிளக்கையும் நீலவானத்தையும் கம்பேர் செய்வதே தவறு. தனக்கு என்ன வியாதி என்றே தெரியாமல் தாயாகப் போவதாக எண்ணும் ஒரு கதாபாத்திரம் பெண்களிடம் ஏற்படுத்தும் தாக்கத்தை சொந்தங்களுக்காக தியாகம் செய்து எலும்புருக்கி நோயை வரவழைத்துக் கொண்டு அதனாலேயே அவதிப்படும் ஒரு பெண் கதாபாத்திரத்தால் ஏற்படுத்த முடியாது. அதிலும் ஒரு தாக்கத்தை ஏற்படுத்தியவர் சுஜாதா ( உறவு சொல்ல ஒருவன் ).

எப்போதுமே தன் துன்பத்தை அறியாமல் வாழும் பாத்திரங்கள் மனதில் அழுத்தமாக இடம் பெறுவார்கள். ( பாலைவனச் சோலை சுகாசினி ) அல்லது ம்ற்றவர்களுக்குத் தெரியாமல் மறைத்து வாழும் பாத்திரம் ( பூவே பூச்சூட வா நதியா ). எல்லோர் முன்பும் இருமிக்கொண்டே இருக்கும் பாத்திரம் பரிதாபத்தை வரவழைக்காது. அதனால்தான் குலவிளக்கை விட தாமரை நெஞ்சத்தைக் குறிப்பிட வேண்டி இருந்தது.

கணக்கு, சரித்திரம், பூகோளம் என்று தனித்தனியாக பார்த்தால் வேறு வேறு மாணவர்கள் முதல் மார்க் எடுக்கலாம். மொத்தமாக பார்த்துதான் தேர்ந்தெடுக்கவேண்டும். காரணம் இலலாமலே சிலரைப் பிடித்திருக்கக் கூடும். ( தெரிந்த ஒருவர் சிறந்த நடிகை ராஜஸ்ரீ என்று சொல்வார் :) ) அவர் வரை அது உண்மையாகவே தோன்றலாம்.

அதே போல ஒரு படத்தில் சிறப்பாக நடித்தால் அது யாராக இருந்தாலும் மற்றவர்களை விட சிறந்தவர் என்று கூற முடியாது. ( அப்படி பார்த்தா இப்போ இருக்குறவங்களில் பிரியா மணிதான் பெஸ்ட் :ஹி ஹி )

Neengal "Sarojadevi" ii support panniea Niraia '' Devika" Rasigargalai "inda thirikku" kondu varugireergal.

pottiel matra nadigailgal nuzhaia vaippu nazhuvipogiradu.

Vijayakumari is not getting any vote but vaijayantinala gets. It is surprising.

NOV
2nd August 2012, 06:31 PM
vijayakumariyaa? :shock: adhukku devikav'vE 100 times better :sigh2:

kiamqewaf
2nd August 2012, 06:39 PM
"Sivajikku Sariyaana Jodi" thiriel Mudal Moonru idangalai piditha ( Padmini, Vanisri, Devika)

inda thiriel avvaru idangalai pidikka midiavillai. Vanisree kku idame illaie !!!.

Sivajien siranda jodikkum, matrapadi siranda nadikakum ivvalavu vithyasangala ?

madhu
2nd August 2012, 06:41 PM
M.Kumar ji..

naan sarojadeviyai support senjena ? eppo ? eppo ? en vote savithirikku-nnu mudhal post-leye sollivitten. I like all but my preference in Acting is for Savithri. I hv seen devika in person. She was really a beautiful lady. Sarojadevi is a kind hearted woman. avangalaiyum naan neril paarthirukken ( of course, she was in a hospital after a surgery.. so...:: )

NOV
2nd August 2012, 06:46 PM
comparing devika with saroja devi is just to make devika bigger than she actually is.... its like comparing simbu with rajni kanth
saroja devi should be compared with the likes of padmini while devika should be compared with sachu

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 07:19 PM
Sarojadevi is the best of all actress from the beginning of south cinema till today in all concern fansupport, beauty and talent
`1. fansuppart: her fansupport is huge difference when compaire with others like padmint or savitri, her peek period is neary 20 years in 60's all most all producers willing to put sarojadevi as heroine in their films due to this some producers gave her more money than superstars (hero) even now many like to see her films and songs her her fansupport has no limts
2 beayty : she is really saraswathy her colour is donker but colour give no marks for beauty
ஒரு பெண்ணின் அழகு எல்லா அம்சம் நிறைந்து பரிணமித்தது இவரிடம் மட்டும்தான்
3"talent'; Very natural acting her performance always super otherwise i say "Idenentification with the charactor" there are many examples for that. she express the acting with few words more facial and body expression thats way she recomended nation wide other than savitri or Padmini.
extra talent ; her every single movement wheather in songs or with co stars not only with hero also with father role she makes fully entrainment for the audience

So sarojadevi is uncompairetable for this era in south cinema

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 08:27 PM
Venkiram sir,

Devika
Devika
Devika
Savithri
Padmini

Mr karthik iT CANT BE TRUE IF u AND SOME ONE OR 2 IN THIS THREAD SAYS,
SAROJADEVI, PADMINI, SAVITRI THESE THRE ARE THE NO1 ACTRESS IN SOUTH CINEMA THAT IS WHOLE CINE WORLD KNOWS
AFTER THAT KR VIJAYA AND JAYALALITHA 2ND PLACE IN CINE FIELD
DEVEKA LAKSHMI VIJAYAKUMAI ARE 3RD PLACE IN CINE FIELD
THIS IS EVERY ONE KNOWS
U CAN LIKE DEVEKA THAT IS NO PROBLEM BUT U CANT CHAGE THE TRUTH

ONE THING U HAVE TO KNOW DEVIKA ACT MOST AS 2ND HEROINE THAN HEROINE

Eg; PAAVAMANIPU, PANTHAPASAM,KARNAN,KULMAGALRATHAI, AADIPERUKKU,SANTHY,AND ALL DEVOTIONAL FILM AND MANY

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 08:41 PM
aanal devika nenjil oru alayam, vanambadi, vazkaipadagu,nenjam-marappadillai,neelavanam, sumaithangi, karnan etc( pattial long ..
Ponra padangalil thani heroine charecter role panni migavum paer vangiavar.

Adanal devika vukku kandippaga 2 or 3 place varavendum.
deveka got 9 points padmini got 5 points unbielivable she is not a great heroine less than normal heroine actually she has to come 7th place

this LIST Is completeLY not genuine

rajeshkrv
2nd August 2012, 09:32 PM
what do you mean by great actress.. NAdippu thiran thaane. adhvum ella vagaiyana nadippu thaane apdi paartha
Savithiri and Sarojadevi are the only ones who did all kind of roles and JJ & Vanisree to an extent . Devikava oru comedymovile cast panninangala never (bale pandiyala usual heroine role thaan). same with Padmini as well Nagaichuvai moviesla irundhaar but she was not performing any comedy either NT or TRRamachandran..

Savithiri & Sarojadevi were casted in all kind of roles. Enga veetu pillailaye SD had humour quotient more ..

yaru super star range'kku irundha apdinnu discuss panna vera thread is required and angayum SD will be # 1.

Devika/Padmini ivangellam nalla emotion rolesla shine pannuvanga no doubt but overall ella type of roleum pannuvangalanna sandhegam thaan ..

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 10:13 PM
Rajeshkrv says
what do you mean by great actress.. NAdippu thiran thaane. adhvum ella vagaiyana nadippu thaane apdi paartha
Savithiri and Sarojadevi are the only ones who did all kind of roles
=====================================
that is correct sarojadevi and savitri did well all kinds of role and they proved themself

Sarojadevi continously act in later period in many commandable role like kulavealkky, malathy, Pathumatha pantham and gave super performance

Unfortunately savitri didn't act in later period due to her body structure and some external problem

These two are really legends in south cinema

I cant understand why devika comes here may be some one argue in future Puspalatha and sachu are the best

Plum
2nd August 2012, 10:22 PM
Saroja devi has done many comedy roles. Agree. avangaLe oru comedy piece. Refer to grouch's fake tweets in the twitter thread

rajeshkrv
2nd August 2012, 10:30 PM
Saroja devi has done many comedy roles. Agree. avangaLe oru comedy piece. Refer to grouch's fake tweets in the twitter thread

yaaru comedy piecennu aaraichi pannava indha thread .. ella actors/actressayum comedy piece aakradhakuu niraya per irukkanga..

adhellam doesnt matter..

Plum
2nd August 2012, 10:38 PM
Ninga dhAnE sonnInga neRaiya comedy role-la nadichurukkAngannu :). uNmainnu othukittEn...enna neRaiya unintentional comedy...

Also, nIngaLE open mindOda avangaLoda abhinayathai pArunga. Using props awkwardly, solli koduththa bommai mAdhiri expressions and han dpositions...idhellAm theLLa theLivA theriyum.

SuperstarA irukkaRadhu periya vishayam illai - Sivajikku competitorA oruiththar oNnumE nadikkAma maha popularA irundhArnu nAn solli NOVku theriya vENdiyadhillai. JanangaL get attracted by God-know-what.

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 10:50 PM
mgr sarojadevi sivaji rajini are those commonl imitated in many tv programe because they have own standars but for deveka
பாவம் தேவிகாவை யாரும் நினைபதிலை அவரிடம் எந்தவிதமா speciality கிடையாது

rajeshkrv
2nd August 2012, 10:53 PM
Ninga dhAnE sonnInga neRaiya comedy role-la nadichurukkAngannu :). uNmainnu othukittEn...enna neRaiya unintentional comedy...

Also, nIngaLE open mindOda avangaLoda abhinayathai pArunga. Using props awkwardly, solli koduththa bommai mAdhiri expressions and han dpositions...idhellAm theLLa theLivA theriyum.

SuperstarA irukkaRadhu periya vishayam illai - Sivajikku competitorA oruiththar oNnumE nadikkAma maha popularA irundhArnu nAn solli NOVku theriya vENdiyadhillai. JanangaL get attracted by God-know-what.

sollikodutha bommaiya .. nalla irukka neenga observe pannirukkenga but not fully. I said humour movies also were done by her. Avlo thaan adha oru pointa eduthukkitu piduchu thonguvennu sonna i cant do anything.

Open mindoda thaan paakurom.. Adiperukku paarunga, Kula vilakku paarunga .. yen kodi asiandadhum, yaarukku mapillai yaaro songs paarunga .. We dont need any moe xplanation for expressions ... Suttupottalum expression varadha niraya per irukkanga.
Devikavukku pala bhavam varuma .. ella padathulayum azhuvachi thaan adhe mugam thaan .. konjam sirikka time koduthaalum adhutha 10 reelukku azhuvaachi thaan ..

rajeshkrv
2nd August 2012, 10:54 PM
more over PROPSellam Devikavidam kodukka kooda mattanga .. because adhu porundhavum porundhaathu. Avangale oru PROP adhai ozhunga use pannale periya vishayam

Plum
2nd August 2012, 10:55 PM
MGR* - Rajini - Sivaji - Kamal: that is one level of imitation (although one of them will have an asterisk to be part of this group)

Sivakumar - Sarojadevi - VS Raghavan - Bhagyaraj - idhelLAm oru level of imitation.

Both are not the same

Plum
2nd August 2012, 10:56 PM
avangaLai sariyA dhAn use paNNikittadhA kELvi ;-)

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 11:04 PM
Palum says the best pair for sivaji is deveka
because you are tha fan of devika most of the films acted with sivaji are failure that means people doesn't like that pair

After padmini Sarojadevi is the best pair for sivaji
nearly 80% of the films are success and many run 100 days and silver jubilee
unfortunalely sarojadevi had to act with MGR more other wise tamil cinema fans can chance to see many paalum palamum iruvarullan

Plum
2nd August 2012, 11:14 PM
fortunalely sarojadevi had to act with MGR more other wise tamil cinema fans can chance to see many paalum palamum iruvarullan

There, I corrected it for you. I guess MGR has done some good for tamizh thiraiyulagam. :respect:

SoftSword
2nd August 2012, 11:21 PM
iruvarullan
adhaanyaa... indha parakkura ullan... :lol:

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 11:21 PM
there is no 2 level imitiation all are same
even in super songs or other songs programe for initiation in tv many songs are from
mgr sarojadevi or sivaji padmini kamal sridevi there is not one sigle sons comes for deveka
IN kalajanr tv Maanada mayalaada there is one full programe for sarojadevi songs
she has a trade mark for her own and even now many like that

sarojadevi is estra ordinary and accepted by many

rajeshkrv
2nd August 2012, 11:22 PM
There, I corrected it for you. I guess MGR has done some good for tamizh thiraiyulagam. :respect:

Ultava MGR-Devika nadikkave ila except for Aanandha jothi. Angeyum MGR has done a great job for thamizh thiraiyulagam

rajeshkrv
2nd August 2012, 11:23 PM
avangaLai sariyA dhAn use paNNikittadhA kELvi ;-)

Naangalum SDya patthi adhe thaan kelvi pattom . ella directorsum seriya thaan cast panninadha

adhenna ungalukku mattum correct thagaval kidaikkum engalukku kidaikkatha

lotus_303
2nd August 2012, 11:26 PM
if so why her film more popular within people than devika's film

kid-glove
2nd August 2012, 11:29 PM
Creo que Gandhimadhi es el mejor actriz

NOV
3rd August 2012, 02:08 PM
SuperstarA irukkaRadhu periya vishayam illai - Sivajikku competitorA oruiththar oNnumE nadikkAma maha popularA irundhArnu nAn solli NOVku theriya vENdiyadhillai. thats why I kept on putting Rajni-Simbhu :roll: why do you have to force that one out.
anyway, savithri is also not in the supreme acting group of Sivaji & Kamal. we'll have a discussion on this another day. :p

MGR* - Rajini - Sivaji - Kamal: that is one level of imitation (although one of them will have an asterisk to be part of this group)
Sivakumar - Sarojadevi - VS Raghavan - Bhagyaraj - idhelLAm oru level of imitation.
Both are not the same
take out your pink glasses - you look horrible :poke:
ALL imitations are the same... they mock and want to make you laugh.. idhula 1st category 2nd categorynu ungal class-divisiona kondu varaadheenga :poke:

groucho070
3rd August 2012, 02:24 PM
Saroja devi has done many comedy roles. Agree. avangaLe oru comedy piece. Refer to grouch's fake tweets in the twitter threadDamn I miss that thread. Kisu Kisu thread ahA-nu ohO-nu Oduthu, ana intha thread-u... (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9751-What-If-Old-Film-Stars-Had-Twitter-Account-(for-fun)/page34)

PARAMASHIVAN
3rd August 2012, 02:57 PM
sarojadevi is estra ordinary and accepted by many

eppadi thoongum pOthum over make up pOttu thoongu vangalE athuvA ? :lol2:

kiamqewaf
3rd August 2012, 05:17 PM
Karthik,
Ahdu kindalukku payan padutha padugirandhu endru sonnal, NT'n "ennappa solra " and walking is being used left right and centre by Adhu idu edhu siricha pochu folks
that doesnt mean the originals were bad. It's signature dialouges. Whether u believe it or not NT himself has appreciated SD for her acting capability in Palum pazhamum, Iruvar ullam etc. So Mazhalai was used by the actors/directors to cash more money. Aduthavanga kuralukku enna bavam kodukkrathunne theriyama nadikkum nadigayir mathiryil SD was way better. Subtle SD acting movies neenga pakkalaya illa pakkave illanu sadhikka poreengala.

Devika was good but if you notice in Bale pandiya Sandhya panna alavukku kooda comedy varadhu Devikavukku.

We are talking about all depts in which Savithiri & SD score than others

Sir Inda padathil Devikavukku Comedy vedam Kidaiathu.! (Adargu Sahodari, Bandapasam )
"Bale pandya " vil "Innocent" ana sivajikku "vazha ninaithal vazhalam" enru eduthukkoori vazha asaipada vaikkum charecter
Anda vedathil miga nanragave azhagaga thonri nadithar Devika.
(IN "Athikkai" songs Sivaji asadu vazhivadum,Devika azhagaga pavanai seyvadum super)

lovedeva_pj
3rd August 2012, 10:25 PM
The pair deveka sivaji is very unpopular most of the fillms of this pair were failure
Padmini was retaired savitri becmes too fat sarojadevi has gone to MGR side so sivaji has only chance to act with devika that is the only reason sivaji act with devika in that period after kr vijaya comes devika lost this change also
she is not big heroine to argue in this thread she is like puspalatha etc etc
dont waste the time to argue about her in this thread

Plum
3rd August 2012, 11:45 PM
Rajini-Simbu is inappropriate comparison. Contemporaries vs different generation. Plus, Simbu as an actor/star is hardly comparable to Devika as an actor/star. EdhO oru comparison paNNanumnu paNNi irukkInga

nAn correctA compare paNdrEn pArunga:

Devi Sarosa - Jothika
Devika - Sneha

Jodhika is far more succesful, acted with all big heroes in superhit movies, overdid "cute" expressions, over abhinayam in the name of acting, tamizhnadu succumbed to her style of acting and majority opinion is accepting of the jothika style. Sneha - had her moments. never overdid things in the name of cute expressions, but is not as succesful as Jothika. Also known for her homely beauty(but not exactly hour glass figure or ulaga azhagi pOtti tharam of beauty) but is also despised by glamour fans as not so glamorous as jothika.
It is a perfect comparison. And they were contemporaries so the comparison works at all levels

You can keep the success and public Aatu mandhai appreciation of Rosa Devi and Sodhika. We'll keep the charm and understated elegance of Devika and Sneka.

Plum
3rd August 2012, 11:47 PM
Damn I miss that thread. Kisu Kisu thread ahA-nu ohO-nu Oduthu, ana intha thread-u... (http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthread.php?9751-What-If-Old-Film-Stars-Had-Twitter-Account-(for-fun)/page34)

Revive Grouch. We'll ignore kalakkapovadhu yaaru level comedy mimicry expectations and do our own thing. Let's havet his thumb rule - if you write and I laugh, you are succesful.. if I write and you laugh, I am succesful. We have our niche humour - probably only you and me appreciate, vEnumna Shaktiprabhakku konjam training koduththu appreciate panna vechuralaam - and we shouldnt really be put off by the honestrajs of the world who cant appreciate the wholesome genius of amman arul AVM Rajan related jokes.

lovedeva_pj
4th August 2012, 12:48 AM
Sneha gave good performance in many film deveka is an 2nd heroine she dinnt do any commadable role she has no talent to do that please neclect her puspalatha did more than her

Plum
4th August 2012, 12:56 AM
adhenna ungalukku mattum correct thagaval kidaikkum engalukku kidaikkatha
aiYA nAN kisu kisu thread modela sonnEn well-used-nu? nInga Rosa Deviyum well usedngaRInga? Righttu!

kisukisuthread mode: devi yakka was favourite of kavignar. kasa musas implied.

kid-glove
4th August 2012, 01:54 AM
Devika

Does it come with mozhagapodi?

rajeshkrv
4th August 2012, 02:34 AM
eppadi thoongum pOthum over make up pOttu thoongu vangalE athuvA ? :lol2:
aamam neengathaan avanga Personal secretary

app_engine
4th August 2012, 03:17 AM
Why no one is talking about the winner of the poll :roll:

All fight for 2nd / 3rd / 4th places :lol2:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/43/%E0%B0%B8%E0%B0%BE%E0%B0%B5%E0%B0%BF%E0%B0%A4%E0%B 1%8D%E0%B0%B0%E0%B0%BF_%E0%B0%95%E0%B1%8A%E0%B0%AE %E0%B1%8D%E0%B0%AE%E0%B0%BE%E0%B0%B0%E0%B1%86%E0%B 0%A1%E0%B1%8D%E0%B0%A1%E0%B0%BF_-Yesteryear%27s_leading_actress_savithri.jpg/220px-%E0%B0%B8%E0%B0%BE%E0%B0%B5%E0%B0%BF%E0%B0%A4%E0%B 1%8D%E0%B0%B0%E0%B0%BF_%E0%B0%95%E0%B1%8A%E0%B0%AE %E0%B1%8D%E0%B0%AE%E0%B0%BE%E0%B0%B0%E0%B1%86%E0%B 0%A1%E0%B1%8D%E0%B0%A1%E0%B0%BF_-Yesteryear%27s_leading_actress_savithri.jpg

app_engine
4th August 2012, 03:35 AM
Devika's face is not retained in memory...so tried to google search the image...out of the 100's of images that show up, it's very difficult to spot the actress :roll: The only black and white image that comes up must be her :lol2:

OTOH, do google images for JJ / SD / Savithri, most results are for the respective actresses.

So, hub result of 1/2/3 is not too deviated from the general net content...

Plum
4th August 2012, 08:26 AM
app - JJ and SD are aNNis for a ceratin actor fans. adhilum JJ was AsthAna aNNi and imprinted herself so strongly in the minds of fans that they selected her as the vaarisu for aNNan. bayangara following among those fans even before she jumped into politics and became CM.

Their popularity is mainly due to association with THAT ACTOR rather than with NT. The bolded word mainly should hopefully stop the minority fans from shouting out that "Oh who said ppl like SD for that actor only. I like her for herself and her charm". But i predict ppl will not even understand this paragraph and come with the same rebuttal which I have pre-emptively rebutted :lol:

Sure, they also did act with NT - and since poovodu sErndha nArum maNakkum, they ended up with a few movies that can be quoted as proof of their "acting prowess"
And then the strong directors who want to prove that they can make even stone act, they utilie them for one or two movies in tragedy mode an dit is claimed that they are great actors.

idhu kAla kAlamA nadakkaRadhu dhAn. At the peak of her popularity as glamour doll, Khushboo did movies with KB and BR to prove her acting credentials(That backfired adhu vERa vishayam. She lost her market as glamour doll and these movies didnt do much for her as a performer). KB and BR? Their motivation was to prove that they are so good they can make even glamour dolls do deglam roles in their movies.

In SD's case, KB's thaamarai nenjam is one such attempt from KB> Sure, she was better than she was in MGR films. But is that saying much? Wha thappens is ppl take this relative fact, and tout it as "Oh SD was outstanding in Thaamarai nenjam". It was just a slow tempo variant of "Gopallll", her acting in the movie.

According to some people, mimicry artistes imitating is you is a gauge of popularity :rotfl:. appO VS Raghavan is the most popular character artiste ever?

Anyone having a unique (good or bad) style will be imitiated. Evn for Sivaji Ganesan, the mimicry artistes pick his worst "ennaiYA sonna, adadE" mode of 80s and Kamal is usually mimicked for his nayagan cry(and not in flattering terms, it is intended as mock). This is par for the course for those thespians as they have touche dthe whole range of acting styles and these performances were deliberately done.

However in the case of SD, Sivakumar and VS Raghavan, their default mode is laughworthy and is mimicked and mocked the most. To equuate this with Kamal and Sivaji being mimicked is disingenuous and naive.

I have said this before - there is something called degree. Usually, people ignore this factor and say "MSV copied one song, Veda copied 100 but copying means copying so both are same". The same people are the ones who will equate NT and SD, Kamal and VS Raghavan, just because they are both mimicked.

I am not even sure that in their naive minds, they'll even see this. I can only put it out for their self-understanding.

NOV
4th August 2012, 09:36 AM
None are so empty as those who are full of themselves. ~Benjamin Whichcote

Plum, all I see in your posts are I, I, I... come down from the pedestal and then we will talk.

NOV
4th August 2012, 09:38 AM
Devika's face is not retained in memorythere you are... I rest my case.
50 years from now, Simbhu may be forgotten and ppl may have to compare him with Rajni, to keep his case alive :lol:

Plum
4th August 2012, 01:25 PM
When everything else fails, bring on the ad-hominem "You are arrogant, egoistic, full of I" defence. Well, done, NOV.

You'll have to climb up the mountain, I am not coming down. You deserve to come up over here and enjoy the view from here. But you are stuck in the bottom satisfied with less. Think about it, it is more fruitful for you to climb up than for me to climb down.

Plum
4th August 2012, 01:27 PM
There, that last post is full of Yous. No big deal, you see.

NOV
4th August 2012, 04:57 PM
I feel for you Plum... you sound like the cockerel who thinks that the sun is rising to hear him crow.
Who is it who said that its ok to flatter as long as you remember not to inhale. :)

lotus_303
4th August 2012, 05:06 PM
I think many people in this thread they dont know the cine world except tamil cinema

From IMDB ranked - this is the most people view in the net acoording to them
The top 50 Indian actress list according to their talent and their verstail role

Sarojadevi 6th place
Padmini 10th place
Jayalalitha 11th place
Savitri 12th place
vyjanthimala 14th place

devika is not come in thaat 50 list

Sarojadevi is far front from all, thats why I always say sarojadevi is the nr1 actress in south cinema
So devika is not eligible for this list please delete devika and vijayakumarei from this list and insert sutha and vanisri they are far better than devika

madhu
4th August 2012, 06:25 PM
There is a difference between an actress and a star.

Devika, SD are stars and Savithri is an actress. :)

rbow
4th August 2012, 06:27 PM
I watched navarathiri and I like savithiri. she is plumpy but a good performer.

Plum
4th August 2012, 07:22 PM
NOV, I pity thee. You have to resort to accusations of egoism and arrogance to buttress your non-existent point. This is pretty much the way you take the debate once you find you dont have a logical or fun way of debating. I am not to blame here.

Just because I speak bluntly, and you speak with sweet sugar added, it doesnt mean Ia m mroe arrogant. I am cut from the same cloth as you. We just express ourselves differently.

(And that is why I pointed you as capable of climbing up the pedestal that I inhabit. I wouldnt say that of many others. You just choose to stay among the bottom pile and make a virtue of it. Now I dont deny you that pleasure or make judgement but you havet o make judgements about me inhabiting pedestals etc. Shows you up more than me.)

madhu
4th August 2012, 07:41 PM
Dear Plum.. Why dont you please discuss about the topic given in the thread instead of discussing about the position of fellow hubbers :)

NOV
4th August 2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry annaa... you are absolutely right.
Our discussions should be on public figures and not on individual hubbbers.

:apologies:

Saai
4th August 2012, 11:40 PM
Vyjeyanthi mala and padmini - for looks, just too good (though padmini's irritating performances sometimes overrides her looks)

Savithri and Lakshmi for performances.

If KR Vijaya and Vijayakumari (:mad:) can be added, why not manorama? her comical performances with cho, Nagesh etc al still looks very contemporary.

rajeshkrv
5th August 2012, 01:32 AM
app - JJ and SD are aNNis for a ceratin actor fans. adhilum JJ was AsthAna aNNi and imprinted herself so strongly in the minds of fans that they selected her as the vaarisu for aNNan. bayangara following among those fans even before she jumped into politics and became CM.

Their popularity is mainly due to association with THAT ACTOR rather than with NT. The bolded word mainly should hopefully stop the minority fans from shouting out that "Oh who said ppl like SD for that actor only. I like her for herself and her charm". But i predict ppl will not even understand this paragraph and come with the same rebuttal which I have pre-emptively rebutted :lol:

Sure, they also did act with NT - and since poovodu sErndha nArum maNakkum, they ended up with a few movies that can be quoted as proof of their "acting prowess"
And then the strong directors who want to prove that they can make even stone act, they utilie them for one or two movies in tragedy mode an dit is claimed that they are great actors.

idhu kAla kAlamA nadakkaRadhu dhAn. At the peak of her popularity as glamour doll, Khushboo did movies with KB and BR to prove her acting credentials(That backfired adhu vERa vishayam. She lost her market as glamour doll and these movies didnt do much for her as a performer). KB and BR? Their motivation was to prove that they are so good they can make even glamour dolls do deglam roles in their movies.

In SD's case, KB's thaamarai nenjam is one such attempt from KB> Sure, she was better than she was in MGR films. But is that saying much? Wha thappens is ppl take this relative fact, and tout it as "Oh SD was outstanding in Thaamarai nenjam". It was just a slow tempo variant of "Gopallll", her acting in the movie.

According to some people, mimicry artistes imitating is you is a gauge of popularity :rotfl:. appO VS Raghavan is the most popular character artiste ever?

Anyone having a unique (good or bad) style will be imitiated. Evn for Sivaji Ganesan, the mimicry artistes pick his worst "ennaiYA sonna, adadE" mode of 80s and Kamal is usually mimicked for his nayagan cry(and not in flattering terms, it is intended as mock). This is par for the course for those thespians as they have touche dthe whole range of acting styles and these performances were deliberately done.

However in the case of SD, Sivakumar and VS Raghavan, their default mode is laughworthy and is mimicked and mocked the most. To equuate this with Kamal and Sivaji being mimicked is disingenuous and naive.

I have said this before - there is something called degree. Usually, people ignore this factor and say "MSV copied one song, Veda copied 100 but copying means copying so both are same". The same people are the ones who will equate NT and SD, Kamal and VS Raghavan, just because they are both mimicked.

I am not even sure that in their naive minds, they'll even see this. I can only put it out for their self-understanding.

KB moviela nadichathunalathan SD actressnu nanga sollalaye. L.V.Prasad who is a veteran director directed her in iruvar ullam. A.Bhimsingh, KSG and many more stalwarts directed SD beutifully(I'm excluding MGR movies) and in all these movies her performances were way better.

Just because writing lenghty writeup will not prove your point ..

app_engine
5th August 2012, 03:00 AM
nanRi Plum, for the long post:-)

ummai niRaiya ezhudha vaikka ippadi appappO provoke paNNanum pOla :wink:

Their popularity is mainly due to association with THAT ACTOR rather than with NT.

Totally agree on this. Per my observation, the following women were generally considered "MGR's girls" in the TN-public's general perception, even though they have acted with NT & many other heroes:

Saroja Devi
Jayalalitha
Manjula
Latha

lovedeva_pj
5th August 2012, 03:30 AM
KB moviela nadichathunalathan SD actressnu nanga sollalaye. L.V.Prasad who is a veteran director directed her in iruvar ullam. A.Bhimsingh, KSG and many more stalwarts directed SD beutifully(I'm excluding MGR movies) and in all these movies her performances were way better.

Just because writing lenghty writeup will not prove your point ..

you are right rajeshkrv her performance from klaynaparisu were superbup she has proved her talent in many films
mainly kalyanaparisu and palum palamum her performance is chalange with hero and she done perfect
the name vasanthi santhy is toomuch influed among the audiance , many babyies born in that period with these names at this level her performance was taken to the audiance thats alone is enough to prove her talent

not only these two films
panihtherai Valarpirai Aadiperukku Kulamahlrathai, Iruvarullan are all excellent performance
Mgr is a no1 actor in cinefileld in 60's SD get more offer to act with mgr so she has to aceept that offers so she has les chance for other films
In mgr films heroine has no chance to prove their talent after puthiyaparavi (1964) she didnt act with other heroes only with MGR ,
after her marriage SHE act in all big directors like KSG, KB, P MATHEVAN with commandable role all are excellent performance

app_engine
5th August 2012, 06:47 AM
ok, konjam azhalAm (pAsamalar climax):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYcO5_bK9c0

madhu
5th August 2012, 06:51 AM
konjam rasikkalaam.. maya bazaar

http://youtu.be/iqKtr48q8aQ

NOV
5th August 2012, 07:16 AM
konjam kondaadalaam (kalyaana parisu)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9wjHNrS13s

rajeshkrv
5th August 2012, 07:18 AM

Nov .. super kondattam enna thullal . WOW

NOV
5th August 2012, 07:21 AM
Nov .. super kondattam enna thullal . WOWquite rare on youtube rajesh... sad one is easily available..

app_engine
5th August 2012, 07:43 AM
This question would have possibly been answered before in the hub...couldn't easily dig & find out...so asking the doubttu again:

The 'teasing' girl who sings 'vArAi en thOzhi vArAyO' on screen - is it Sukumari?
(I didn't know before, that she married Bhimsingh and has a son...saw it in dhool...what Saravanan wrote there had been ditto copied in wiki as well)

BTW, Sukumari is quite legendary in MF with a lot of good roles (many memorable ones in 80's with Lal)...

NOV
5th August 2012, 07:53 AM
doesnt look like sukumari...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZCYDXjqTI&feature=related

rajeshkrv
5th August 2012, 08:56 AM
doesnt look like sukumari...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ZCYDXjqTI&feature=related

It is indeed Sukumari. she was a dancer and danced in many films.

madhu
5th August 2012, 09:39 AM
sukumari is the cousin of Padmini

Plum
5th August 2012, 01:40 PM
nInga "KB padathula nadhichadhAla dhAn SD great actressnu solRinga" apdinnu nAN eppO SonnEn? :lol:

ipdi purinjiukittA appuRam epdi debate paNdradhu? I took the example of Khusboo who tried with KB and BR, the "performance enabling" directors of her time. I said "films like thaamarain nenjam with KB". I cant be listing every single movie she did with good directors for that point. It is quite clear what I said. adhai misinterpret paNNinadhu ninga. adhai oru defencA use paNNikkaRadhum nInga dhAn.

ipdillAm argue paNNA epdi ungaLOda argue paNdradhu. You guys are taking this very seriously and draining the fun out of it.

And this after rather tasteless barbs at Savithri's size. adhai ellAm nAnga seriousA eduthukittOmA?

You guys turn things serious and then blame me for reacting to that. How fair is this, NOV?

lovedeva_pj
5th August 2012, 06:25 PM

wonderful can watch 100 times this songs contiously put in every deepavalli in those days

முத்திரை பசும்பொன்னை உனக்கு ஏன் இந்த சிரிப்பு ............முகமமோ மலரோ இது என்ன ரசிப்பு

உன்னேளில் கண்டால் வேறென்ன வேண்டும்மட these lines put in the advertisement for kalyanaparisu in old pesumpadam

rajeshkrv
6th August 2012, 03:26 AM
nInga "KB padathula nadhichadhAla dhAn SD great actressnu solRinga" apdinnu nAN eppO SonnEn? :lol:

ipdi purinjiukittA appuRam epdi debate paNdradhu? I took the example of Khusboo who tried with KB and BR, the "performance enabling" directors of her time. I said "films like thaamarain nenjam with KB". I cant be listing every single movie she did with good directors for that point. It is quite clear what I said. adhai misinterpret paNNinadhu ninga. adhai oru defencA use paNNikkaRadhum nInga dhAn.

ipdillAm argue paNNA epdi ungaLOda argue paNdradhu. You guys are taking this very seriously and draining the fun out of it.

And this after rather tasteless barbs at Savithri's size. adhai ellAm nAnga seriousA eduthukittOmA?

You guys turn things serious and then blame me for reacting to that. How fair is this, NOV?

Kushbu KByoda directionla nadichadhukkum SD nadichadhukkum niraya vithyasam irukku. definitely i do not want to drain the fun out of it .. We are not taking it serious but time and again mimicry panranga mimicry panranga endra point thavira solida oru pointum varala...

mr_karthik
6th August 2012, 07:45 PM
பாசமலர் கிளைமாக்ஸில் சரோஜாதேவி நடித்திருந்தால் எப்படியிருக்கும் என்று கற்பனை பண்ணிப்பார்த்தேன்.

சிரிப்பை அடக்க முடியவில்லை.

rajeshkrv
6th August 2012, 09:06 PM
பாசமலர் கிளைமாக்ஸில் சரோஜாதேவி நடித்திருந்தால் எப்படியிருக்கும் என்று கற்பனை பண்ணிப்பார்த்தேன்.

சிரிப்பை அடக்க முடியவில்லை.

Paasamalarla SD nadichirukkanumnu naanga sollave illaiye .. Neenagle ninaichu paarthu siruchikireenga ..

app_engine
6th August 2012, 09:26 PM
mr_karthik,
ஏற்கனவே நம்மை சிரிக்க வைக்க அம்மணி நிறைய செய்திருக்காங்க...(எதுக்கு கஷ்டப்பட்டு எக்ஸ்ட்ரா கற்பனையெல்லாம் பண்ணனும்? உள்ளதே தாராளம்...:wink: )

Plum
6th August 2012, 11:13 PM
app - :lol:

Relevant quote(just the sentiments compared. Not a literal comparison - politeness pAdhukAvalars to adakkufy their meesai :) )
Arya padam:
Vaigaipuyal: dei panni(paNNi) pArudA pAkkulAm
Madhavan: nAn En thEdi pOi oru panniya pArkaNum adhAn ingEyE pAkkurEnE

rajeshkrv
7th August 2012, 12:32 AM
Atleast niraya pera sirirkka vechirukkangale mathavanga vandi vandiya azha vechappa . adhuve podhum..

Neenga karpanai pannikonga adhu unga urimai adhu ennvo nijam illai aaga povadhumillai so we dont care

lovedeva_pj
7th August 2012, 02:35 AM
Mr karthik

ungalai mattum alavacha porthuma pattankal pearventumae atharku avarkalukku mudiyathu

NOV
7th August 2012, 07:10 AM
dont worry rajesh & pj - kanindha maram, etc applies here
devika paththi pEsa onnum illaadha ikkatta nilai, so real star Saroja Devi paththi pEsi thaan aaganum...

devika doing a vadivelu here....
VV: naanum rowdy thaan :rotfl:

madhu
7th August 2012, 08:36 AM
ada.. saNdaiyai niruthangappa..
நடிகர் திலகத்துடன் இருந்த யாருமே சோடை போனவங்க இல்லை.

இந்த அருமையான பாடல் காட்சிகளைக் கண்டு ரசியுங்க.. அப்புறமா சண்டை போட்டுக்கலாம்.

Savithri

http://youtu.be/Mtslsb4wJkY

padmini

http://youtu.be/Z8f3IAZ3GY0

saroja devi

http://youtu.be/NMbmPvRBFLk

Devika

http://youtu.be/xawo1pow95Y

Shakthiprabha
7th August 2012, 11:29 AM
madhu why did u leave...

vanishree!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qovrv14BoH8

NOV
7th August 2012, 04:33 PM
arumai :thumbsup: arumai!

madhu
7th August 2012, 07:21 PM
Power... vanishree intha poll list-la illai enbadhal add seyyala.. idhO mathavangaLukkum paattu idho..

kandu magizhavum..!!

Bhanumathi

http://youtu.be/45sjbjyko5I

K.R.Vijaya

http://youtu.be/0wBsn4F__A4

Jayalalitha

http://youtu.be/DVF8nSCA6e8

Vyjayanthimala

http://youtu.be/7vB8a-2g7jE

Vijayakumari

http://youtu.be/yL553apYQ3A

Lakshmi

http://youtu.be/3xVGFC5qTf8

adhellam sari... idhu eppadi irukku ? ivangalaiyum list-la sErkalaamaa ?

http://youtu.be/bXhS9h4XT3o

NOV
7th August 2012, 07:28 PM
:rotfl: annaa
:ty:

madhu
8th August 2012, 07:22 PM
Ok.. ippO makkaL thilagathudan ivanga ellam naditha paadal katchigaL

Savithri
http://youtu.be/KrNJ2RJq13g

Padmini
http://youtu.be/VkOO5x_hF-I

Bhanumathi
http://youtu.be/HqYCvRF6nFM

SarojaDevi
http://youtu.be/sh7r_0yDNTw

KR Vijaya
http://youtu.be/EjzFKL_WfSM

Jayalalitha
http://youtu.be/Fe7mYJ81tkY

Devika
http://youtu.be/RfG14CVdyxY

Vaijayanthimala
http://youtu.be/BGedz6yetNQ

Vijaya Kumari
http://youtu.be/JByZ7LKnSzA

Lakshmi
http://youtu.be/8tjDGgJnpMY

kiamqewaf
8th August 2012, 08:27 PM
Both "Thilagams" songs with different heroines at different times is a good collection for listen .
Devika with MGR and Vijayakumar with Shivaji Ganesan are first time seen.

app_engine
11th August 2012, 09:46 AM
Pre-80's overall, Savithri first & Sujatha second.

Only 70's - Sujatha firsttu :-)

groucho070
17th August 2012, 12:46 PM
http://youtu.be/bXhS9h4XT3o :lol:
madhu, ivanggalayum serthukkalAm, even though only one movie. Just wow!

Another memorable actress, Jamuna, and what lovely pair of eyes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMl17UP5uFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-G7fvgZ7g

kid-glove
17th August 2012, 01:04 PM
Pre-80's overall, Savithri first & Sujatha second.

Only 70's - Sujatha firsttu :-)

Sujatha's the precursor to Suhasini..