PDA

View Full Version : tete-a-tete with dr.padma subramanium

padmanabha
10th October 2006, 08:06 AM
[tscii:c79e7b5e82]WHEN BAHRATANATYAM ADHERES TO TRADITION IT BRINGS THE ARTISTE AND THE SPECTATOR INTO A UNIQUE RESONANCE. It exalts the mind and refreshes the spirit. Sublime art is forceful in its power and finished in its technique. This is what one feels after a performance by DR. Padma Subramanium. She was recently in the city for a performance.

A tête-à-tête with Dr. Padma Subramanium:

“I have envisaged what can be defined as the Asian corridor. It would be a centre for research and forum where all Asian artistes can assemble and interact. A trust has already been registered. The highlight of this centre would be a temple for Bharathamuni.”

To this sage is attributed the Natya Satra, an enormous work running into 36 chapters, treating each minute detail of dance drama, music grammar and rhetoric.

It would help to revitalize the concept of Asian spirit. It has become my mission in life. The more I travel the more I see the common current, all over the world. What we need is the humility to understand our ancestors and their ways” said the danseuse.
Padma has staged thematic performances like Bhagavat Gita. She has also to her credit dance and drama like Chilappadikaram ‘evolution of Tamil through the ages-from Sangam Age to Bharatiyar’ and compositions of single authors like Kambar, Thiruvallavar, Purandaradasar, Annamacharayar, and Bharatiyar.

I recently performed at Geneva in connection with the international conference of religious women. I T WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE. There I realized that thee exists only one religion the religion of humanity said the danseuse who is concerned about the rising intolerance that me nurture these days.

[/tscii:c79e7b5e82]