PDA

View Full Version : naan

Carol
19th December 2004, 08:06 PM
I would like to try making naan but I gather that an electric oven just goesn't get hot enough. Has anybody tried using their gas BBQ?

Kz
21st December 2004, 08:43 PM
Hi Carol,
I haven't tried naan, but my friend has tried and she told to try cooking naan on gas stove itself using a pressure cooker and she says it is good. this method is taken from Tarla dalal's website.
http://www.tarladalal.com but i think u have to register first to see the recipes. make the naan shape and stick one piece of naan inside the pressure cooker and invert the cooker on to the gas top,that is on the flame. once it is cooked stick the next one into it, she also says that we can try sticking more than one naan at a time to the sides of the cooker. hopefully i am explaining it clearly. if u have any doubts i will help u or u can check the website. i am thinking of trying it , so will tell u how it came after trying it.
bye.
Kz

Carol
21st December 2004, 09:09 PM
Thanks so much! I went to the website and it loks awsome. I don't have a pressure cooker but I'm going to get oe and I'll let you know how it works!
Carol