PDA

View Full Version : AR || Jodha Akbar | Ashutosh | Hrithik Roshan ||

Pages : [1] 2 3

ajaybaskar
4th October 2006, 10:20 AM
[tscii:fa6e6dfe21]Rahman´s Last Period Film ´Akbar-Jodha´ To Have 12 Songs

While A.R. Rahman has gone on record saying that he wont be doing anymore period films his supposed to be last period film 'Akbar-Jodha' , to be directed by Ashotosh Gowariker and starring Hrithik Roshan will have 12 songs composed by the `Mozart of Madras' .

http://www.planetbollywood.com/displayArticle.php?id=090905031422

Jodha Akbar finds a taker

Ashutosh Gowarikar has reason to celebrate . his much-awaited Jodha Akbar starring Hrithik Roshan as Akbar and Aishwarya Rai as Jodha, has found itself a producer. The film, made on a budget of Rs 37 crore, will now be produced and distributed worldwide by UTV.

.We have had a good working relationship, since our Swades days and have been in touch ever since. We knew Ashutosh wanted to make Jodha Akbar. We met a couple of weeks ago and when we got chatting about the film, we realised that we were moving in the right direction,. says Ronnie Screwvala, MD, UTV.

Meanwhile, Gowarikar says, .I started working on the film way back in 2001. While making Swades, my actor friend Hyder Ali, who acted in Nukkad, came up with this idea. That is when I thought of making this film after Swades. I had to work on a bigger set-up, research its historical aspects and wanted to be sure about all the facts. It was not a case of doing one more film with Ronnie. Morever, it is not just another historical, but an epic love story which has been never attempted in the past. In fact, this is the first time I will be attempting a love story. I needed a huge set-up to handle its marketing and international release..

The film has already faced many difficulties, hasn't it? .Every film is as difficult or as easy to make as any other film,. says Gowarikar. .I have been researching this subject for the last three to four years. But I do agree that there is more detailing and paperwork to be done for this film, compared to any other contemporary film. The team has been chosen accordingly. Nitin Desai is my art director, Kiran Deohan is the director of photography, Neeta Lulla is doing the costumes, A R Rahman is the music director and Javedsaab is doing the lyrics..

Speaking about the locations where they plan to shoot the film, Ashutosh says, .We are planning to shoot at several locations in Rajasthan, like Amir Palace, Nahar fort and spots at Bikaner too. A major chunk of the shooting will take place in ND Studio in Karjat where we will be building a set which will be a replica of the Agra Fort. We plan to start shooting in October and will wrap up by February..
[/tscii:fa6e6dfe21]

rajaalltheway
7th October 2006, 02:31 AM
-deleted with warning!-

ajaybaskar
9th October 2006, 10:53 AM
[tscii:7249ec4ce7]'I'm looking for a Mohammad Rafi, not roughy...' Your albums lack instrumental tracks now. Especially the ones that followed MF Husain’s Meenakshi, A Tale of Three Cities. Why?

Are there people who still like instrumentals in my albums? (Laughs) I thought listeners like more of lyrics now. But I will bounce back with instrumentals soon, if listeners demand that. Like Aussie actor Heath Ledger said he liked Bombay Dreams. I met him at the premiere of Shekhar Kapur’s Four Feathers. Bombay Dreams will be used in Nicholas Cage’s Lord of the War.

You have used raagas like Basant, Puriya Dhanashri and Malhar in your soundtracks. Are they safe bets in international projects?

I try not to get carried away with raagas in international ventures. These people just want good melodies. Even if I try to use a raaga as a framework, they won’t really get to know about it. Rather, they won’t bother, they just want good music. It has to go with the scenes, the themes. And my experience tells me that mixing up jazz with raagas is the best thing to do.

What instrument interests you these days? Have you tried learning anything lately?

I picked up an accordion on a visit to Prague. I am learning to play it but can only run my right hand comfortably on the keys. I’m still struggling with the left side. But I amimproving as a singer and liked the raw sound of the harmonium playing in Rang De Basanti.

You haven’t really involved the few good sax players available down south.

Yes (thoughtfully). With an exception of tracks for a Tamil film Duet (1994) where I have used a lot of sax.

Classical music downloads on cell-phones are only four percent of the total market. That shows the decreasing popularity of such music. What can make classical tunes more popular?

I know Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan only through the soundtrack he did for Mughal-e-Azam. I would have never heard him otherwise. A layman will relate to raagas only through film music. It applies to the download market as well.

Are you hunting for more singers? What about instrumentalists?

I am always on the lookout for new talent. These days I am looking for a good male voice. Like Rafi, not ‘roughy’(laughs). Someone who can switch octaves with that ease. I recently heard a nine-year-old at a talent show. He really surpassed others. Bass guitarists and percussionists are another bunch of people who impress me. Ghatam legend Vikku Vinayakram’s sons, especially Selva Ganesh (who plays the kanjira) are another bunch of people who have been with me from the beginning. Ganesh is also part of KM Music, the music label I am about to launch.

Have you been asked to com-pose music for any big sporting event—like the Commonwealth Games or the Olympics?

No one has approached me yet. But I will love making jingles for an event like that. Anyways, I am coming full circle with jingles now.

Your future projects.

I am working with Mani Ratnam in Guru. I am really upbeat about my work in Shekhar Kapur’s Elizabeth sequel. The soundtrack for Akbar Jodha has almost been shaped. There are musicals like Shyam Benegal’s Chamki Chameli, Rock Star and London Dreams by Naresh Bedi. Baz Luhrman (Moulin Rouge) wanted me to compose the soundtrack for his next film, but they checked a website and found 30 projects lined up next to my name. I think that worked against me. These people rethink before giving a project to someone with more than say three projects.

[/tscii:7249ec4ce7]

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 10:22 AM
Hrithik Roshan prepares for the royal act
18th Oct 2006 16.30 IST
By ApunKaChoice

Bollywood's handsome star Hrithik Roshan
<http://www.apunkachoice.com/celebrities/hrithik_roshan/> is nowadays
learning sword fighting and horse riding.

No, it's not just for fun. The actor is preparing himself for
Ashutosh Gowarikar's next venture Jodha Akbar
<http://www.apunkachoice.com/ dyn/movies/hindi/jodha_ akbar/> .

<http://media.fastclick.net/w/click here?sid=18489&m=6&c=1>

Although the film's shooting is yet to begin, practice sessions for
war scenes has started. Gowarikar, known for his meticulous attention to
details, wants to depict the Akbar-Jodha love story with utmost
authenticity.

Sources reveal that Hrithik, who plays Emperor Akbar in the movie
<http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20061018-2.html#> , has
already started taking sword-fighting lessons in Mehboob studios and
horse riding classes at MahaLaxmi Race Course.

The movie stars
<http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20061018-2.html#>
Aishwarya Rai <http://www.apunkachoice.com/celebrities/aishwarya_ rai/>
as Jodha. Although she won't have any fight scenes in the movie, she
will participate in training sessions.

The film is expected to have a lavish budget of Rs. 39 crore. Gowarikar
has done thorough research on the subject and it is said that he is also
taking the assistance of the learned scholar Haider Ali for his
historical venture.

`Jodha Akbar' will be Hrithik and Aishwarya's second flick
after their soon-to-be-released movie Dhoom 2
<http://www.apunkachoice.com/dyn/movies/hindi/dhoom_2/> , in which both
the actors will be seen in negative roles.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20061018-2.html

ajaybaskar
10th November 2006, 11:18 AM
http://www.indiafm.com/trade/releasedates/index.html

ajaybaskar
10th November 2006, 11:25 AM
[tscii:5a7dab3f18]
The actors pack their old-world costumes and head for Jodhpur to start shooting for Jodha Akbar

Subhash K Jha

Costume drama Jodha Akbar is ready to roll. Well, almost. Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan have packed their bags and are set to fly to Jodhpur.

Aishwarya Rai and costume dramas seem to be meant for each other. "You could say that," she concurred chirpily on the eve of her departure. She has been a part of so many films that require elaborate sets and costumes, right from Chokher Bali and Devdas to Umrao Jaan, and the forthcoming Guru which is also a period film of sorts opening, as it does, in the 1950s. "I've often been told I belong to another era. And my selection of films reflects that old-world reality," she said, as she packs to leave for a large part of November.

Actor Hrithik Roshan, said, "For me the challenge of doing my first costume drama is to look convincing in the old-world costumes. I'm really looking forward to my first period film… although a bit afraid of the unknown."

Interestingly, Hrithik was supposed to do Gowariker's previous film. "I had read Ashutosh's script for Swades. I couldn't see it from the director's perspective, and therefore didn't think I was equipped to perform the part. I wasn't the best person to translate Ashutosh's vision. And this was right after Lagaan! Ashutosh coming to me made me feel on top of the world. Swades is one of my favourite films. And Ashutosh is definitely one of my favourite filmmakers. His vision is unimaginable. It's such a challenge to satisfy Ashutosh. I hope I live up to his expectations, " he added.

Meanwhile, Gowariker is going into a period film for the second time after Lagaan. "But Jodha Akbar will be a full-on period film without props. It will be expensive. But I'm not getting into highlighting the budget and making that a USP of my project. For me, the product will justify the expenses. I won't approach the subject to splurge on lavish sets, etc," he said.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=1182006224056091182006223948578

[/tscii:5a7dab3f18]

ajaybaskar
18th November 2006, 10:32 AM
Recently, Sonu has recorded a qawwali with Alka Yagnik for Ashutosh Gowariker's 'Jodha Akbar'. Composer AR Rahman has scored the music.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1064598

__._,_.___

rayan36
2nd December 2006, 10:28 PM
[tscii:523d971495]Ashutosh & Rahman face the legal wrath.

Dec 02, 2006

Ashutosh Gowarikar & A.R.Rahman, the team that gave us the Oscar nominated, Lagaan and the critically acclaimed Swades is now working on a magnum opus, Akbar-Jodha with Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai.

One of the most awaited movies in Bollywood takes a glimpse into the life and romance of the Emperor Abkar. Hrithik plays Akbar and Aishwarya plays Jodha.

The shoots of the film are going on in and around interiors of Rajasthan.

But now the movie has got into a legal tangle as the script has earned the wrath of the powerful Rajput community.

What started as some grumble and dissatisfaction in the community has led to a petition at Jaipur’s district court. The Rajputs claim that Gowarikar is distorting history by projecting a romance between Akbar and Jodha bai. They state that Jodha bai was not Akbar’s wife but his daughter in law.

The petition cites 24 historical works to show that Akbar was not married to Jodha Bai but to Hira Bai - a princess from Jaipur.

On the other hand, Gowarikar refuses the charges by emphasizing that his film is based on solid research and it’s unfair to charge him with distorting history.

The case is coming up for its next hearing on December 6.

behindwoods.com

[/tscii:523d971495]

sat_srini
31st January 2007, 08:12 PM
'Jodha-Akbar' to release on Oct 12

By Subhash K. Jha, IANS

Ashutosh GowarikarShooting for Ashutosh Gowarikar's "Jodha-Akbar" is expected to be over next month and the long awaited film, that the director insists is not a "remix version" of "Mughal-e-Azam", will be released Oct 12.

"That's the Eid week. We're looking at a cross-culture of audiences to come for the film," says the "Lagaan" and "Swades" director.

"Swades" wasn't a huge success. "But ultimately it reached out to the right people... You know, we're going through a 're-mix phase' in music and cinema. We need to get over that. It will soon go away and a new order will emerge. Let me reiterate, 'Jodha-Akbar' isn't a 'remix version' of 'Mughal-e-Azam'."

"Jodha-Akbar", starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai, is Ashutosh's most expensive film. "Our budget is Rs.37 crores. But my co-producer Ronnie Screwvala and I aren't looking at the budget as a responsibility. Between us we've worked out the financial details, including what is required in production and marketing."

Aishwarya and Hrithik have undergone the most gruelling and rugged outdoor experience of their lives. But the horse riding and sword fencing were not entirely a shock.

"We had several sessions in Mumbai... lots of riding and sword-fighting lessons just so that they'd be attuned to their Mughal characters and know the right way of riding a horse or holding a sword. You know sword fencing is a very western concept, whereas the way the talwaar was used in the Mughal times was very different.

"I had got Hrithik and Ash accustomed to the body language and attitude of those times from beforehand. Now all they're doing is executing a vision they're already aware of," says Ashutosh from his location in Rajasthan.

Is he worried by the utterly contemporary image of his lead pair in "Dhoom 2"? "Not at all! In 'Dhoom 2', they are Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. In my film they are Akbar and Jodha. Their personas in 'Dhoom 2' are closer to what they really are. Not that I've changed their physicality. But audiences will see only the characters."

Ashutosh thinks Ash and Hrithik aren't only immensely good looking but also hugely talented.

Download Dhoom 2 Wallpapers"I've seen every single film of theirs from 'Kaho... Na Pyar Hai' and K'yun....Ho Gaya Na' to 'Dhoom 2'. They always show an easy adaptability to the requirements of every director. Be it 'Chokher Bali' or 'Raincoat' for Aishwarya or 'Mission Kashmir' and 'Fiza' for Hrithik, they've transformed in front of the camera. They're both intensely dedicated."

The diligent filmmaker is all praise for the pairing. "Hrithik and Ash look really good together in my film. But the full impact will be discernable only when the film releases. The give-and-take between the two as they get into character is amazing."

The film also stars Sonu Sood, Kulbhushan Kharbanda, Suhasini Mulay and Raza Murad.

The director is confident the audience will see exactly the vision in his mind. "I'm working towards it. So far so good. You know, Akbar once decided to not hunt a cheetah because he fell in love with it. Instead he got it to be trained and put next to him in the Diwan-e-Khas. But because of the animal-rights rule I can't have this shown on screen.

"That's the kind of bearable compromise I'll have to make. But I'm sticking to the authentic vision as much as possible. But I want the Golden Period of the Mughal Empire to look as glamorous as possible."

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/07/jan/31_jodha_akbar_ashutosh_gowarikar_hrithik_roshan_a ishwarya_rai.asp

kb
31st January 2007, 10:25 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger/6484/2881/1600/393438/hrithik1.jpg

Ramakrishna
31st January 2007, 10:35 PM
This will be an interesting movie. Hrithik is an impressive actor :)

Ramakrishna
9th February 2007, 10:21 PM
ARR is using 100+ drummers for Akbar-Jodha 8-)

Ramakrishna
11th October 2007, 04:38 PM
Jodhaa Akbar, a preview
Haider Ali (actor in the popular television serial, Nukkad) was the one who came to me with the script of Jodhaa Akbar, after Lagaan," Ashutosh continued. "I loved it and wanted to do it but didn't have the time then. So I did Swades first."

But making Jodhaa was easier said than done for Ashutosh as he had to take the requisite permissions, and also do a lot of legwork before the film shoot.

"I had to do a lot of homework," he said. "I met some historians like Irfan Habib of Aligarh Muslim University and also attended seminars to know more about the subject before I decided to make the film."

The film, which will portray 15 years of the life of the emperor, has five songs. The music will be released on November 27.

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2007/oct/11slide3.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATM in October and Jodha Akbar in November. Two ARR albums in two consecutive months which is a rarity. :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump:

I Wonder what happened to Sakkarakatti. :? Hope it releases in December :wink:

anoops
12th October 2007, 11:40 AM
[tscii:2c12768b89]Trailer Review

When Hrithik Roshan as Akbar declares “Hamle ke liye Tayyaar!” and you see the director’s super across the entire screen, there is an electrically charged atmosphere that is set around the viewer. What has the imaginative filmmaker come up with this time? Is it mounted on a grand canvas of the scale of Lagaan? Is it as heartfelt as Swades, the celluloid poem of a man’s love for his homeland? The answer is a resonating yes and more. Achieving spectacular visuals and a multitude of emotions with some sizzling romance at its heart, this is an ambitious production, possibly a landmark film that will set new standards for Indian cinema.

Roshan as Akbar appears majestic and handsome, be it in battle armour or rich silk. He wields the sword with great elan, and when not in battle, the star romances Aishwarya Rai’s Jodhaa with magnetic chemistry lighting the screen. Rai as Jodhaa is every bit a Rajput princess, beautiful in an angelic way but yet strong and defiant.

The montage dazzles you as you experience the full spectrum of this epic romance in quick cuts. From the scorching battlefield of Panipat to the grandiose palace of the Mughal emperor, from galloping horses and roaring elephants to the clanging of the duelling swords of Akbar and Jodhaa, from the rich costumes and exquisite jewellery to the microscopic detailing of the set design, the screen comes alive with power and amazing creativity. The trailer gives us a look into the palace intrigue and romance of the sixteenth century, and an insight into the story of the greatest Mughal emperor that ruled Hindustan, Jalaluddin Mohammed Akbar, and his marriage of alliance to the fiery princess Jodhaa. The Mughal and Rajput colour palettes have been carefully married, and the elaborate production design by Nitin Desai has a strong signature across the film. The cinematography by Kiren Deohans is exquisite and the editing by Ballu Saluja sharp, with the visuals keeping perfect pace with the trailer soundtrack created by Rahman. The Azeem-O-Shaan Shahenshah theme tune is magical and Rahman is in true form, proving his genius yet again. When the final logo of Jodhaa Akbar comes on against a rich green brush-stroked plate, you wish there was a rewind button that you could go for in the cinema hall.

The only problem with such a trailer is that we are over three months away for the film to hit cinemas, if only Gowariker could prepone the release![/tscii:2c12768b89]

Ramakrishna
13th October 2007, 11:18 PM
Jodha Akbar trailer. Just listening to the background music by ARR. Even though not of good quality something is audible. even in such a low quality, it sounds very good. ARR has rocked.OFcourse the trailer is superb.

http://www.4shared.com/file/26337796/1102880c/Ja_online.html

Guess_Me
13th October 2007, 11:43 PM
Jodhaa Akbar Promo Song

Thanks to Rajeev Jain @ ARR Yahoo Group for recording the promo track of Jodhaa Akbar using mobile phone from theater. I just converted it from MP4 to MP3 so that it will be playable in common media players. The quality is not good as it has been recorded from theater (with crowd noise), but still better than nothing.

The file is 4 mins 30 secs in length, with the song "Marhaba" in the background. And I must say I am instantly hooked to this track. Brilliant composition with a royal period feel all over. I believe we can expect a Lagaan soundtrack from JA.

http://www.4shared.com/file/26375454/e76763e/jodhaa_akbar_promo_track.html

Ramakrishna
14th October 2007, 10:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfkE6Lg7lFk

A.ANAND
15th October 2007, 07:05 PM
good news guys!jodha akhbar will dubbed in all language,including tamil soon.na.muthukumar is writing lyric in tamil version!!source dinakaran.com

Vaz
15th October 2007, 08:03 PM
Great news! I am expecting some mind blowing tunes from the Ashutosh-ARR combo... And Na. Muthukumar is definitly one of the best lyricists around. He is way ahead when compared to the current crop! Given the way Desam lyrics turned out... we are in for a treat!

thineshan54321
16th October 2007, 12:42 AM
Great news! I am expecting some mind blowing tunes from the Ashutosh-ARR combo... And Na. Muthukumar is definitly one of the best lyricists around. He is way ahead when compared to the current crop! Given the way Desam lyrics turned out... we are in for a treat!

WHAT??? I thought desam was by vaali. I loved undhen desathil lyrics.

Ramakrishna
16th October 2007, 12:08 PM
Yes, Desam was by Vaali

Vaz
16th October 2007, 12:28 PM
Yo Guys!

Never said Desam's Lyrics were by Na.Muthukumar... Just wanted to pinpoint the importance given to the lyrics eventhough it was for a dubbed version...

thilak4life
16th October 2007, 12:31 PM
This looks to be vintage Rahman in BGM. I would be glad if this half achieves what "Iruvar" did...

Vaz
16th October 2007, 03:54 PM
This looks to be vintage Rahman in BGM. I would be glad if this half achieves what "Iruvar" did...

That is a huge expectation.... I only hope that the general feel of the album is South Indian friendly again like Lagaan or Swades...
Unlike say a Guru....

Ramakrishna
19th October 2007, 07:41 PM
clear sound,clear video must watch
download from here:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=03D538F91F527833

rayan36
29th October 2007, 04:53 PM
Official website

http://www.jodhaaakbar.com/

somusic
11th November 2007, 12:08 PM
Jodha Akbar Theatrical trailor........Quality is better than the old one and visit the official site if JA........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_vN7wUK_Go

Marhabba......Rehman Rocks as usual......

Music The Life Giver......
I Like Music Which Stirs The Soul.........

thamizhvaanan
18th November 2007, 08:58 AM
when will the album release? :cry2:

To me its the most awaited album of the year, more than SOK and ATM :boo:

Ramakrishna
18th November 2007, 12:54 PM

Nov 27

thamizhvaanan
18th November 2007, 10:27 PM
'Jodhaa Akbar' edited again

Ashutosh Gowarikar 's Jodhaa Akbar , that stars the gorgeous Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and the dashing Hrithik Roshan in the title roles, went under the knife, again, because the movie is just too long.

At present, the new version has two songs edited out, one of which was a qawwali sung by A R Rahman , the music director for the movie.

According to a source, every scene in the movie is important, and Gowarikar did not want the flow to suffer. Therefore, the lavishly shot songs had to go.

"It was a very good idea to have a qawwali, as it was a traditional aspect in the lives of kings. It was difficult for Ashutosh, but he also asked for Rahman's take on the decision, and chopped the songs off only when Rahman agreed," the source adds.

The songs will be added in the DVD of the movie. Apparently, Ash wanted to use it in one of her upcoming movies, but Gowarikar may not agree.

Gowarikar has a reputation for making long movies.

The Aamir Khan starrer Lagaan was almost four hours long, and the Shah Rukh Khan starrer Swades was three and a half hours long.

In more recent times, there is a lot of criticism for the way a movie is presented, and the director did not want any of that.

According to the source, the final cut, so far, is three and a half hours. The movie is slated for a January 25 release, and the promos are already on air.

Source: http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20071105-0.html

thamizhvaanan
20th November 2007, 09:53 PM
A Sneak preview of marhaba from ARR's live performance at Delhi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeQ18-sjLhk

thalainagar'ku pOi thamizh paatu padichu irukaaru thalaivaru :notworthy: :notworthy:

Ramakrishna
20th November 2007, 10:07 PM
A Sneak preview of marhaba from ARR's live performance at Delhi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeQ18-sjLhk

thalainagar'ku pOi thamizh paatu padichu irukaaru thalaivaru :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thamizh paatta :confused2:

thineshan54321
21st November 2007, 03:13 AM
here is a preview of JK:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=QeQ18-sjLhk&feature=related

rayan36
23rd November 2007, 01:30 PM
So is it gonna be dubbed in tamil :)

Dragun
26th November 2007, 10:44 AM
Is the soundtrack still releasing on November 27?

Ramakrishna
26th November 2007, 05:13 PM
Jodha Akbar music preview enthralls listeners
Thursday, November 22, 2007 -

Music of the eagerly awaited Jodha Akbar has not released yet however word has leaked aound the industry that AR Rehman has scored a fantastic composition for the film's soundtrack.

Rehman, recently in concert in Delhi, even previewed the theme track of Azeem-O-Shaan-Shahenshah, which was immediately received with a rave response.

For throughout the first half of this year, the dominant soundtrack of Bollywood was AR Rehman's score in Guru, with tracks like 'Barso Re', 'Maiya Maiya', and 'Tere Bina' dominating the charts months after the film had emerged a super hit at the box office. It is now expected the music of Jodha Akbar will create a spectacular run on the audio billboards as well.

Jodha Akbar the film is set to release in January. It stars Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan in primary roles.

http://www.ibosnetwork.com/newsmanager/templates/template1.aspx?articleid=21045&zoneid=4

thamizhvaanan
27th November 2007, 07:44 PM

Nov 27

engaya album release aachu? :evil:

Ramakrishna
27th November 2007, 11:24 PM

Nov 27

engaya album release aachu? :evil:

:shaking: mannichudungaiyaa :lol2:

Dragun
27th November 2007, 11:26 PM
[tscii:37f0e34c86]Someone on the ARR Yahoo group said the release was pushed to December 4th.

-----------------

http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Bollywood/BollywoodIndF_271107_1106.htm

'Jodha Akbar' in Tamil, Telugu
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
11:06 IST

While on UTV, their next venture 'Jodhaa Akbar', directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, will be dubbed in Tamil and Telugu languages. That’s not all, UTV has plans of releasing the two versions extensively in these two markets.

UTV’s current plans are to release the magnum opus in 1,000 + screens in the domestic market in the three languages [Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]. “Don’t be surprised if the number of screens touch 1,200,” Suniel Wadhwa, Associate Vice President - India Distribution, UTV informs us. The breakdown [as on this date] is as follows:- Hindi version 750, Telugu version 150 and Tamil version 100 screens. Incidentally, Hrithik Roshan’s previous movies, 'Dhoom 2' and 'Krrish', were also dubbed in Telugu and Tamil languages.

The Telugu trailers of 'Jodha Akbar' were unleashed during Dassera week [18th October] with 'Athidhi', with 248 trailers [352 screens] across Andhra Pradesh, while the Tamil trailers were released during the Diwali week [9th November] with 'Azhagiya Tamil Magan' and 'Vel'.[/tscii:37f0e34c86]

thineshan54321
28th November 2007, 01:32 AM
[tscii:50da4ebc51]Someone on the ARR Yahoo group said the release was pushed to December 4th.

-----------------

http://content.msn.co.in/Entertainment/Bollywood/BollywoodIndF_271107_1106.htm

'Jodha Akbar' in Tamil, Telugu
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
11:06 IST

While on UTV, their next venture 'Jodhaa Akbar', directed by Ashutosh Gowariker, will be dubbed in Tamil and Telugu languages. That’s not all, UTV has plans of releasing the two versions extensively in these two markets.

UTV’s current plans are to release the magnum opus in 1,000 + screens in the domestic market in the three languages [Hindi, Tamil, Telugu]. “Don’t be surprised if the number of screens touch 1,200,” Suniel Wadhwa, Associate Vice President - India Distribution, UTV informs us. The breakdown [as on this date] is as follows:- Hindi version 750, Telugu version 150 and Tamil version 100 screens. Incidentally, Hrithik Roshan’s previous movies, 'Dhoom 2' and 'Krrish', were also dubbed in Telugu and Tamil languages.

The Telugu trailers of 'Jodha Akbar' were unleashed during Dassera week [18th October] with 'Athidhi', with 248 trailers [352 screens] across Andhra Pradesh, while the Tamil trailers were released during the Diwali week [9th November] with 'Azhagiya Tamil Magan' and 'Vel'.[/tscii:50da4ebc51]

dragun, u made my day bro. Jodha in tamil???? WOW!! hope vairamuthu is roped in for lyrics, that'll be a double treat.

A.ANAND
28th November 2007, 06:04 AM
tamil version lyrics by na.muthukumar.

Dragun
28th November 2007, 01:33 PM
Did anyone here see the Tamil or Telugu trailer?

Ramakrishna
28th November 2007, 02:56 PM
Did anyone here see the Tamil or Telugu trailer?
Not the tamil one, but i saw the telugu trailer before the telugu movie Athithi.

rayan36
28th November 2007, 08:21 PM

Valli would've been better but hey atleast it is not by VM

thineshan54321
29th November 2007, 03:08 AM

wouldnt VM be the right choice for this kinda film??? for any class movie, VM is awesome. i miss kandukondein kandukondein.

Mahen
29th November 2007, 08:57 AM
VM is only writes for Mani's film..Dilse(uyire),yuva(ayitha eluthu) and guru..Guru's lyrics wasnt that impressive but uyire n AE were brilliant..

rayan36
29th November 2007, 04:42 PM

wouldnt VM be the right choice for this kinda film??? for any class movie, VM is awesome. i miss kandukondein kandukondein.

His Guru translation wasn't that good, a bit hurry I guess :roll:

thineshan54321
30th November 2007, 04:27 AM

His Guru translation wasn't that good, a bit hurry I guess :roll:

but remember the 90's ARR songs? the lyrics were good enough to match the music. thats an accomplishment in itself.

A.ANAND
30th November 2007, 05:49 AM
but my fav.after kannadasan, is vaali only.innum 30 year's ponalum appa ulla trend-kum poruthama songs panna kudiya oru oruvar avarthan 'vaaliba'kavizhar vaali!his lyrics very simple and but powerfull.
na.muthukumar also o.k

thineshan54321
30th November 2007, 08:10 AM
but my fav.after kannadasan, is vaali only.innum 30 year's ponalum appa ulla trend-kum poruthama songs panna kudiya oru oruvar avarthan 'vaaliba'kavizhar vaali!his lyrics very simple and but powerfull.
na.muthukumar also o.k

ya for ARR, vaali and vairamuthu r damn good. they give lyrics that support the music in the right way. should've been VM or vaali, but we'll see how Na does it. u never know, it might be really good. all we can do is be ARR fans -- wait and see. :lol:

dinesh2002
30th November 2007, 09:32 AM
Jodha Akhbar in Tamil...?? huh.... hmmm....after the debacle Desam they still wanna release in Tamil?? Did Desam, Krish or Dhoom 2 in tamil ever made profits???

A.ANAND
30th November 2007, 10:15 AM
na.muthukumar also o.k

ya for ARR, vaali and vairamuthu r damn good. they give lyrics that support the music in the right way. should've been VM or vaali, but we'll see how Na does it. u never know, it might be really good. all we can do is be ARR fans -- wait and see. :lol:

i love vaali's lyrics very very simple not like vairamuthu!avarudaiya lyric meaning kandu pidickka 'dicsanary'book-la search pannalum kedakkathu :lol:

Dragun
3rd December 2007, 12:23 AM
The audio probably will not release this week, as previously reported.

rayan36
3rd December 2007, 04:26 PM
but remember the 90's ARR songs? the lyrics were good enough to match the music. thats an accomplishment in itself.

Yeah it was awesome, like I said, maybe VM wrote it in a hurry, we'll just have to see how Na. weighs....

rayan36
3rd December 2007, 04:28 PM
Jodha Akhbar in Tamil...?? huh.... hmmm....after the debacle Desam they still wanna release in Tamil?? Did Desam, Krish or Dhoom 2 in tamil ever made profits???

I don't know 'bout Desam or Krish but Dhoom is a success down south (reported on the net) :wink:

They always dub Rahman's movie starting from Rangeela right to Taal, then it stopped in Thakshak, the trend is back again...for now

thilak4life
3rd December 2007, 04:32 PM
Offtrack: Monty sharma ("Black" and "Saawariya") says that he's the next Rahman in CNNIBN (or NDTV? edhO oru channel) :lol2:

Dragun
3rd December 2007, 11:24 PM
[tscii:df4287caff]Finally some word from Ashutosh Gowariker himself!

http://forum.jodhaaakbar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150

Hi everyone,

as it seems the two most common questions are in regards to the first television promo and the music launch, let me give you answers to both

1) The music release will be on 18th December
2) The first television promo will break on 9th December

So now i have made it official to all of you :)

Cheers,

Ashutosh Gowariker

-----------

http://indiafm.com/news/2007/12/03/10540/index.html

BIG music acquires music rights of Jodhaa Akbar
By IndiaFM News Bureau, December 3, 2007 - 17:38 IST

Everything about Jodhaa Akbar is ‘Big’. The film not only has the biggest star cast but also the best, namely Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in lead roles. And with Ashutosh Gowarikar in the director’s seat, Jodhaa Akbar is one of the biggest films of Bollywood to release next year. Adding to that is BIG Music, which has now got associated with the film. According to reliable sources, it is learnt that BIG Music has acquired the music rights for UTV’s Jodhaa Akbar.

Jodhaa Akbar is based on the life of Emperor Akbar and his wife Jodhaa. The film is all set to release on January 25, 2008.[/tscii:df4287caff]

Ramakrishna
11th December 2007, 12:37 PM
'Music releasing soon' ads have started coming up on TV channels. I hope it releases on dec 18th

dinesh2002
11th December 2007, 02:46 PM

I don't know 'bout Desam or Krish but Dhoom is a success down south (reported on the net) :wink:

They always dub Rahman's movie starting from Rangeela right to Taal, then it stopped in Thakshak, the trend is back again...for now

ohhk... cool.... lets hope Jodha Akhbar brings success to the whole team.... and esp for A.R.Rahman... im expecting a Lagaan ... all 8 tracks were diamonds ..... :)

prasana84
11th December 2007, 09:38 PM
'Music releasing soon' ads have started coming up on TV channels. I hope it releases on dec 18th
Nice to hear :D
rahman is the king for period films but im expecting more commercial albums like 1 2 ka 4 and pukar.

Yathu
12th December 2007, 01:28 AM
The "Music Out Soon" Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEfeGOeazkY

Dragun
12th December 2007, 02:43 AM
ARR Yahoo Group says that the audio will be launched on December 25th.

A.ANAND
12th December 2007, 02:38 PM
[tscii:6996715d55]Just beat it
Elizabeth to Jodhaa Akbar to Mission Ustaad — the world is a stage for A.R. Rahman

A.R. Rahman
A Hollywood film starring Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen, a Bollywood musical with Ashutosh Gowariker and a TV debut supported by United Nations... There’s an awful lot to ask A.R. Rahman

You are judging a reality show on a TV channel. You normally shun the spotlight so what made you decide to be a part of 9X’s Mission Ustaad?

I think the concept is very new. Of singers coming together to produce new songs. The UN angle is, of course, very special. Mission Ustaad is making the entire album for the UN’s Millennium Goals. It’s not about who is winning and who is losing. It is about what they are doing. In the long run, it will hopefully change the views of people. So there’s a lot of good things, I guess.

You are known to be very particular about your music, down to the last note. How is it judging the music composed by singers who have worked with you?

I think all of them are very competent people. There are very experienced people like Roopkumar Rathod and Kailash Kher and then you also have very new, young people like Naresh Iyer and Shweta Pandit. Initially they were all interested in what the other pairs were doing but now slowly they are coming into their own. They are not only singing the songs, they are also performing them. And that’s very interesting to watch.

Clive Owen and Cate Blanchett in Elizabeth: The Golden Age
What is your stance as a judge on the show, since judges seem to follow a pre-meditated path...

Initially in the first two episodes the singers knew what they were doing but I guess they were not that clear about what kind of music to produce. I was trying to guide them in that. The focus is there and the performances have gone to the next level. I don’t need to fight with the other judges. I just try to be honest.

You had earlier come up with the single Pray for me brother for the United Nations. What kind of role does music play in the UN work?

Music can play a very important role in transforming lives. I have been told so many times how people have heard one line in one song and their lives have changed. “I listened to the song and I fell in love”. “I listened to the song and decided not to commit suicide.” These things come out from inside. Songs have the power in them. What we are trying to do is put each issue in a way that people would listen to the songs again and again. They are not preachy. And they are not one-off songs; they can be enjoyed again and again. That is the quality we are looking at.

What is your take on all these musical reality shows on television?

In my opinion, it is a very good thing. We always see so many bad things on TV. We see murder, we see bomb blast, that and this. What’s the problem in seeing singers and good music? Art is a very good thing for the society. It means we as people are going in the right direction.

How has a weekly TV show changed your work schedule?

All my directors have been very understanding. I have told them how important the show is. They have all supported me by letting me finish this. I am also trying to do all my film work in the morning and shoot for the show in the evenings.

But you always composed at night?

I am changing that (laughs out loud). Now, I get up in the morning, do my film work, visit the studio and shoot in the evening. My whole new lifestyle is all about Yash Raj Studios. It is very comfortable. I am recording my film songs here and also shooting next door for Mission Ustaad.

You finally did your first Hollywood score in Shekhar Kapur’s Elizabeth: The Golden Age. How was the experience?

It was great! I think the missing link I had in my career is over. I always had this doubt whether I would be able to do a Hollywood score. Now, that for me, as a self-assurance I can say, “I can do it”. And that too I did it my own way. It’s a great beginning for me and it will also work as a great experience for me in my future work. You know, working on such a big canvas, with such a big studio. Their whole working style is so different. Now, I am learning the other way.

The Jodhaa Akbar poster
How is your foreign stage musical Lord of the Rings doing?

Lord of the Rings is doing very well. It has been booked till September next year. We just finished the album. It’s sponsored by Jet Airways which is another first — an Indian airline sponsoring a Western album. It’s just fantastic. A big statement from India.

On the Bollywood front your next release is Jodhaa Akbar. How has it turned out?

I don’t want to say much but it’s very interesting. Me and Ashutosh (Gowariker) have always done a lot of good things (Lagaan, Swades). It’s a period film this time again. And it can be period boring and period interesting. Now Jodhaa Akbar is a romance. And romance is always interesting. Two families. Two kingdoms. It’s really interesting.

Pratim D. Gupta

[/tscii:6996715d55]

sat_srini
16th December 2007, 10:43 PM
Azeemo shaan shehenshaan TV promo. Rahman rocks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FglOpd7NC5I

thilak4life
16th December 2007, 10:50 PM
Azeemo shaan shehenshaan TV promo. Rahman rocks!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FglOpd7NC5I

Incidentally, I posted this in an other thread...

And, it's not a promo bro..

sat_srini
16th December 2007, 11:02 PM
I got this link from ARR's yahoo group. Sorry if it has already been posted.

sat_srini
17th December 2007, 12:19 AM
And it is a promo though a short one shown on MTV

Ramakrishna
18th December 2007, 01:06 PM
Jodha Akbar Music release Postponed
Hey guy just read dis one penned by ashuthosh Gowarikar himself

Hey Guys ,

just wanted to let you know that music is not being released on 18th December. I know i had originally told you all that date, but preparing the cd and cassette in lays is taking a little more time and so we wont be releasing tomorrow. Will let you know very soon what the new music release date will be. Thanks, and hope you are looking forward to the music.

Source : Jodhaa akbar official website

http://forum.jodhaaakbar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=330&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ramakrishna
18th December 2007, 01:36 PM
Vijay Iyer - one of the Mods of ARR yahoo group - says 27th dec is the new audio release date.

united07
18th December 2007, 05:42 PM
Jodhaa Akbar music on UTV's own label

By IndiaFM News Bureau, December 18, 2007 - 16:34 IST

Download Jodhaa Akbar wallpapers

Jodhaa Akbar, the much awaited film of Ashutosh Gowaikar is the talk of the town. Besides, the biggest star cast comprising Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai, the music of the film boasts of its composition by A.R Rahman. Oddly enough, BIG Music, which had acquired the rights of the music, has backed out. And, now it is UTV Motion Pictures, the producer of the film, which will launch the music company of its own to secure the music rights of the film.

Confirming the news, Siddharth Roy Kapur, the COO of UTV Motion Pictures, said that UTV along with AGPPL (Ashutosh Gowaikar Productions Private Limited) came down to this conclusion that UTV music would not have gotten a better launch than the perfect combination of A.R Rahman, Javed Akhtar, Ashutosh Gowaikar, Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. He also added that Jodhaa Akbar was the apt platform for UTV to launch its music company.

Also, Kulmeet Makkar, the head Honcho of Big Music, admitted about their back out from the project since UTV was not providing enough time for the promotions. UTV will now promote the music with their own label.

Nevertheless, the music director of the film, A.R Rahman, does not stop raving about the music and said the music of Jodhaa Akbar is contemporary so that it satisfies both critics and music lovers.

Yathu
19th December 2007, 04:17 AM
WHY CAN'T THEY EVER SET A DATE AND ACTUALLY KEEP TO IT?! It's become fashionable to delay releases these days!

'tis very sad. :sigh2:

thineshan54321
19th December 2007, 04:42 AM
WHY CAN'T THEY EVER SET A DATE AND ACTUALLY KEEP TO IT?! It's become fashionable to delay releases these days!

punctuality is a problem with IFI.

rayan36
20th December 2007, 10:40 AM
[tscii:a0645f3e93].R.Rahman’s next

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

December 19, 2007

After finishing his second Tamil movie in a row – for the less informed, they are Sivaji and the recently released ATM – Rahman is now busy finishing off Ashutosh Gowaikar directed epic tale Jodhaa Akbar starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai in the lead. The results of Ashutosh’s previous outings with Rahman for Lagaan and Swades need no elucidation.

Produced by UTV pictures, Jodhaa Akbar’s music rights were earlier sold to BIG Music. However, quoting lack of time for the promotion of the music and blaming producers UTV for the same, BIG Music recently withdrew from their contract. Music of Jodhaa Akbar will now be promoted by UTV, who for this sole purpose is launching a music label on their own. Higher officials at UTV swear that there is no better launchpad for their music label than releasing Rahman’s music.
Rahman’s music for Jodhaa Akbar has already raised the bar among critics and music lovers alike with its trailer, which had some great music by the maestro. Sources close to Rahman say that the music is very contemporary and one of his best.

[/tscii:a0645f3e93]

dinesh2002
20th December 2007, 12:32 PM

that line is so true....

so JA audio on Dec 27 rite?? waiting eagerly for madhushree's number..... :D

Guess_Me
20th December 2007, 04:40 PM
'Jashn-e-Bahaara' new song from Jodhaa Akbar

Someone at jodhaaakbar forums recorded this new song video from Jodhaa Akbar, using a handycam, from MTV. Since it has been recorded using a handycam from TV, the quality is like our pirated camera prints. Still it is watchable. Here it is in AVI format (20MB).

http://rapidshare.com/files/77827581/Jodhaa_akbar_-_Latest_promo__2nd_.AVI

The audio was too low in volume, plus there was some hiss and other minute artifacts. I managed to cleanup the audio to a certain extend and compressed it into MP3. So if you just want to listen to the audio, here it is in a 575KB MP3 file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77841788/Jashn-e-Bahaara_-_Jodhaa_Akbar.mp3

dinesh2002
20th December 2007, 05:25 PM
'Jashn-e-Bahaara' new song from Jodhaa Akbar

Someone at jodhaaakbar forums recorded this new song video from Jodhaa Akbar, using a handycam, from MTV. Since it has been recorded using a handycam from TV, the quality is like our pirated camera prints. Still it is watchable. Here it is in AVI format (20MB).

http://rapidshare.com/files/77827581/Jodhaa_akbar_-_Latest_promo__2nd_.AVI

The audio was too low in volume, plus there was some hiss and other minute artifacts. I managed to cleanup the audio to a certain extend and compressed it into MP3. So if you just want to listen to the audio, here it is in a 575KB MP3 file.

http://rapidshare.com/files/77841788/Jashn-e-Bahaara_-_Jodhaa_Akbar.mp3

song is beautiful.... something like Do Kadam - Meenaxi... very slow & divine.... wow... :)

Guess_Me
20th December 2007, 05:54 PM
song is beautiful.... something like Do Kadam - Meenaxi... very slow & divine.... wow... :)

Yup. Beautiful melody. Better than Do Kadam, for me.

sat_srini
21st December 2007, 08:46 AM
Better quality : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2cLy3sR6GQ

dinesh2002
21st December 2007, 10:50 AM

Yup. Beautiful melody. Better than Do Kadam, for me.

hehe.... cant wait for the full audio.... i just love this excitement waiting for an ARR album..... its just full of surprises .... :D

dinesh2002
21st December 2007, 10:54 AM

WOWY.... the song is simply awesome on screen .... it sounds very olden yet latest... u know wut i mean... no wonder ARR said it will satisfy both critics & mass .... the song is lovely on the pair aish-hrithik..... :)

thineshan54321
21st December 2007, 11:33 AM

WOWY.... the song is simply awesome on screen .... it sounds very olden yet latest... u know wut i mean... no wonder ARR said it will satisfy both critics & mass .... the song is lovely on the pair aish-hrithik..... :)

wowww! amazing melody. was expecting do kadam and i got do kadam tripled.

MADDY
21st December 2007, 12:00 PM
ARR, the Class is back :yes:

this guy's music connects to us in a different level :thumbsup:

dinesh2002
21st December 2007, 03:45 PM

wowww! amazing melody. was expecting do kadam and i got do kadam tripled.

u said buddy..!! im expecting more from this album.... but only 5 songs huh.... :(

Ramakrishna
24th December 2007, 11:19 PM
UTV Motion Pictures and Ashutosh Gowariker's much awaited epic romance
JODHAA AKBAR, starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, is
slated for a worldwide release on 15th February, 2008. The soundtrack,
composed by music maestro A.R. Rahman and lyrics written by Javed
Akhtar, will release on 9th January through UTV's new record label UTV
Music.

The change of release date is due to the fact that Ashutosh Gowariker
has been advised bed rest for 21 days with a severe back problem. The
director was scheduled to be in Chennai for this entire week to finish
the background score of the film, but could not move out because of
strict instructions from his doctors not to travel.

Referring to his back problem, Ashutosh stated, "I am sad that this had
to happen in the thick of post production; it is unfortunate, but it
has to be dealt with."

Source: http://indiafm.com/news/2007/12/24/10650/index.html

---------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the fans wud be disappointed with this news. But i am extremely happy :redjump:

A.ANAND
27th December 2007, 06:08 AM
[tscii:797675f4b8] Rahman to start New Year on a high

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

December 25, 2007

The long list of reasons cited for Jodhaa Akbar’s release, starring Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, seems to be never ending. Latest one added to the list is Ashutosh Gowariker’s health conditions. Sources say that long sessions at the post-production suites have taken its toll on the director’s health with doctors advising him to rest and refrain from traveling for a while.

And heeding to the advice, Ashutosh has postponed his visit to Chennai to be with Rahman during the composition of the background score for the film.
However, the producers, UTV, who had recently decided to start their own record label, have set January 9, 2008 as the audio release date. It has also been reported that the date of worldwide release of the movie will be on February 15, 2008. With expectations for this film growing manifold with its promos being aired across TV channels and cinemas around the world, you just have to wait for the good piece of work to take shape.

[/tscii:797675f4b8]

ansa400
3rd January 2008, 09:54 AM
Hi guys..

Just to introduce myself, I used to participate in this forum sometime back, was inactive for a while. Hope to enjoy with u ppl again, I really enjoy all ur comments... good work guys.

Can anyone post any other link for the "Jash-E-Bahara" song , the youtube one has been removed..

MADDY
3rd January 2008, 10:54 AM
Hi guys..

Just to introduce myself, I used to participate in this forum sometime back, was inactive for a while. Hope to enjoy with u ppl again, I really enjoy all ur comments... good work guys.

Can anyone post any other link for the "Jash-E-Bahara" song , the youtube one has been removed..

hey.....ofcourse we remember u........i think u were active during varalaaru days, if i'm not wrong.... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0qBXFSei5c is the new link

ansa400
3rd January 2008, 11:20 AM
thx maddy...yeah spot on, I was active during Varalaru time...

lancelot
3rd January 2008, 12:08 PM
when will JA be out guys? any official news?
hehe
:D

Ramakrishna
3rd January 2008, 12:24 PM
JA audio releasing only in march :cry:

ansa400
3rd January 2008, 12:32 PM
believe the audio is scheduled to release this month...

lancelot
3rd January 2008, 12:40 PM
is it official... coz the hub is full of speculations... an am fed up of it... hehe
not saying your info is wrong ansa :)

hehe

ansa400
3rd January 2008, 01:09 PM
[tscii:eb2c2417b4]http://www.indiafm.com/news/2008/01/01/10679/index.html[url]

Two songs deleted? Click here to add this article to My Clips
By Taran Adarsh, January 1, 2008 - 09:10 IST
JODHAA AKBAR continues to make news. Last week, it was about its release date, which was shifted from 25th January to 15th February. Now it’s about the length. Reportedly, Ashutosh Gowariker and UTV have decided to trim the film and to get it right, they’ve decided to chop off two songs from the narrative. All this to keep the length in check.

“It’s completely untrue,” Siddharth Roy Kapur of UTV sets the record straight, “There are five songs in the film and we’re retaining each of them. Seriously, we don’t know what the final length of the film will be, but we aren’t deleting any songs for sure. In fact, Ashu is yet to take a call on its length.”

Meanwhile, UTV has signed a 2-film deal with Sohail Khan’s production company. MR. & MRS. KHANNA, starring Salman Khan and Kareena Kapoor, as also another film, slightly smaller in budget, will be made by Sohail and UTV jointly. Await the official announcement!

Judging from the above news, the music should be releasing atleast 1 month b4 the movie releases..[/tscii:eb2c2417b4]

thineshan54321
4th January 2008, 09:06 PM
Plz vote for ARR, his songs, etc (since u can only vote once, be clever and vote for the highest votes received by ARR, itll be in brackets, for example if u have vaaji and athiradee for best picturization and vaaji is already leading, vote for that): http://www.mayyam.com/hub/ha08all.php

Ramakrishna
6th January 2008, 10:58 AM
Look at this guys

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=16502&tid=2576060281810713250

Ramakrishna
6th January 2008, 08:50 PM
Vijay Iyer from yahoo group has confirmed that the audio launch will be held on jan 9th and cds will be available 2-3 days later.

sat_srini
7th January 2008, 11:27 AM
Jashn Bahhar Hai song (full version recorded from radio)

http://www.zshare.net/download/6261323078ed95/

Thanks to Shouvik from ARR orkut fans. Please buy original cassettes and CD's.

Ramakrishna
7th January 2008, 05:12 PM
Hi all,

I met ARR today and wished him for his birthday!

When I asked him about forthcoming tamil projects, he mentioned Sakkaraikatti, Jodha Akbar (Tamil version) and Robot!

He also confirmed that JA is releasing on Jan 9th!

Cheers,
Aravind

From yahoo group

Ramakrishna
7th January 2008, 05:21 PM
Superb song. Got to listen to it on original cd :D

Ramakrishna
7th January 2008, 06:21 PM
Azeem-o-Shaan shahenshah marhabbbaa full song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0RC2wJyt4w

dinesh2002
7th January 2008, 07:15 PM
Azeem-o-Shaan shahenshah marhabbbaa full song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0RC2wJyt4w

OMG OMG OMG !!!!!!!!!!! WHAT A BEAUTIFUL NUMBER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

OMG.... im speechless ....................................... :shock:

dinesh2002
7th January 2008, 07:17 PM
Jodha Akhbar is going to released in tamil too isnt it..... WOW..... now im super excited..... plz plz plz plz let the lyricst be Vairamuthu.....

dinesh2002
7th January 2008, 07:23 PM
Jashn Bahhar Hai song (full version recorded from radio)

http://www.zshare.net/download/6261323078ed95/

Thanks to Shouvik from ARR orkut fans. Please buy original cassettes and CD's.

This man, ARR.... why is he giving superb tunes over & over again...without failing......omgoodness.... wut an excellent track.... both the tracks, Jashn Bahhar & Mahaarban ... full version was out of the world.....

Ramakrishna
7th January 2008, 07:52 PM
Great song... Better quality version wud be much greater

thilak4life
7th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Jashn Bahhar Hai

Disappointing, consequent listening might help. But somehow came across as banal, and...

Azeem-o-Shaan shahenshah

What to say? :smokesmirk:

Yathu
7th January 2008, 11:59 PM
WoW! Azeem-o-shaan sounds GRRRREAT! :D

CANT WAIT FOR THE TAMIL VERSION!

Jashn Bahhar Hai also sounds very soothing...but can't judge it just yet! Need a gud quality version and a few more listens. :D

MADDY
8th January 2008, 01:26 AM
Jashn Bahhar Hai

Disappointing, consequent listening might help. But somehow came across as banal, and...

Azeem-o-Shaan shahenshah

bang on :notworthy:

jashn e baharaa - pallavi is just too amazing and it just dies off.........very poor instrumentation from master - :cry: .......song is very hollow compared to ARR standards......charanams are dragging and pointless

Azeem-o-shaan - is the song.........grand, authentic sound.........no violins or other western instruments which could have falsified the akbar period.......waiting to hear the original CD version......

thineshan54321
8th January 2008, 01:46 AM
Cleaner version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVmmLpueIU
azeemoshah, better quality. the song is smoking HOT! wow. listen to the chords when the singers sing marhabaan and also very very war-related sounds such as swords swinging, true genius. i cant grasp the melody, this melody is very abstract like the abstractness of some major melody hits by ARR. it might make it really big, i need HQ to judge it.

thineshan54321
8th January 2008, 01:50 AM
Jashn Bahhar Hai

Azeem-o-Shaan shahenshah

bang on :notworthy:

jashn e baharaa - pallavi is just too amazing and it just dies off.........very poor instrumentation from master - :cry: .......song is very hollow compared to ARR standards......charanams are dragging and pointless

Azeem-o-shaan - is the song.........grand, authentic sound.........no violins or other western instruments which could have falsified the akbar period.......waiting to hear the original CD version......

i too felt the same, but i think it might be because of quality and also no synth sounds (chords), just very mellow, short sustaining chords, which adds to that hollow effect. lets wait till the HQ version, i am sure it wont sound as hollow as u said. (i love the interlude tho, very simple.)

Dragun
9th January 2008, 12:17 AM
Khwaja Khwaja promo (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IG5qSzCg-U)

Ramakrishna
9th January 2008, 02:52 AM

sounds great.. best one so far

baba88
9th January 2008, 03:08 AM
will the tamil version of the album will be released on the same day like the hindi one ?

Ramakrishna
9th January 2008, 03:10 AM
I don't think so.

dinesh2002
9th January 2008, 04:39 AM

another nice track.... JA seems to be a very promising album so far....

thineshan54321
9th January 2008, 05:13 AM

WOW!! BEST so far. i was wishing the songs get better and better. very healthy, hope the rest of the songs beats khwaja khwaja.

thineshan54321
9th January 2008, 05:26 AM
wow i just cant stop listening to this song. ARR's singing is wonderful especially the high pitch passionate "kwajaaaaaa".

dinesh2002
9th January 2008, 06:12 AM

WOW!! BEST so far. i was wishing the songs get better and better. very healthy, hope the rest of the songs beats khwaja khwaja.

today is the audio release rite?? cant wait!!! :D

thineshan54321
9th January 2008, 08:46 AM

r u joking???? i thot it was jan 11, please tell me u r right and i am wrong. wow if u r right, first time i got an ARR album 3 days earlier.

thineshan54321
9th January 2008, 08:51 AM
cleaner version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXl1UxjYENc

Guess_Me
9th January 2008, 08:54 AM

r u joking???? i thot it was jan 11, please tell me u r right and i am wrong. wow if u r right, first time i got an ARR album 3 days earlier.

Actually you both are right :D

According to Vijay Iyer, the audio release function will be held today but it will take another 2-3 days for the CDs to be available at shops, which means Jan 11 - 12.

A.ANAND
9th January 2008, 09:22 AM
Jodha Akhbar is going to released in tamil too isnt it..... WOW..... now im super excited..... plz plz plz plz let the lyricst be Vairamuthu.....ethanai pls potalum,na.muthukumar is lyrict 4 tamil version.ethanai nalaikuthan vairamuthu-ve kekarathu!

dinesh2002
9th January 2008, 11:34 AM
Khwaja Hai Khwaja ....... love the tune so much....!!!!! esp the tune towards the end [promo]..... very soul stiring.... :)

Ramakrishna
9th January 2008, 11:38 AM
Khwaja Hai Khwaja ....... love the tune so much....!!!!! esp the tune towards the end [promo]..... very soul stiring.... :)

:exactly: especially the tabla bit starting at the end.

Ramakrishna
9th January 2008, 04:21 PM
Its final guys. Audio launch today and audio hitting the stores on friday. Watch TimesNow at 10:30PM IST today for more details.

dinesh2002
9th January 2008, 04:49 PM
Its final guys. Audio launch today and audio hitting the stores on friday. Watch TimesNow at 10:30PM IST today for more details.

:yes: :victory: :2thumbsup: :swinghead: oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy....... i cant wait.... !!! :D

Ramakrishna
9th January 2008, 09:42 PM
ASHUTOSH GOWRIKAR INTERVIEW TO INDIAFM
Troubled and tired of all the controversies surrounding the release of Jodhaa Akbar, Ashutosh Gowariker finally speaks from his bed where he's recovering from a back problem.

Is it true that a company dumped the music of Jodhaa-Akbar?
It's true that we were looking at an association with Big Music. But we didn't agree on certain rights issue for the music, so we parted. UTV Music, a label that Ronnie Screwvala wanted to start later during the year, is being launched in a hurry to release our Jodhaa Akbar music. We're having the music release function on the Jan 9 and on Jan 15, the music will be in stores. The Maharani of Jaipur, Rani Padmini, who's a direct descendent of Jodhaabai, and her husband are flying down to release the music.

Is it true you're cutting two of the songs?
No. There are only five songs recorded for Jodhaa Akbar and we've retained all of them. I treasure every song that I record and wouldn't dream of cutting them for length. Even if we had nine songs only two would wind their way into the charts. We have five songs and I've worked on making each hummable.

How do you think the younger generation would react to the music?
The response to the first two songs has been surprisingly positive. People were expecting archaic songs, but they seem to have liked the modern adaptation of the 16 th century sounds.

Guess_Me
9th January 2008, 10:06 PM
Posted by Gops at ARRYG

The music of Jodhaa Akbar was released at an event at the Grand Hyatt in Mumbai a few minutes ago

The track list is below

1. Jashn-E-Bahaara - Javed Ali
2. Khwaja Mere Khwaja - A.R.Rahman
3. Mann Mohana - Bela Shende
4. In Lamhon Ke Daaman Mein - Sonu Nigam, Madhushree
5. Azeem-O-Shaan Shahenshah - Mohd. Aslam, Bonny Chakravarti

What happened to the promised instrumentals? :cry:

Ramakrishna
9th January 2008, 10:48 PM
NDTV showing the music launch at 11:30pm IST today

Guess_Me
10th January 2008, 07:08 AM
http://www.4shared.com/file/34371596/9958b4c9/inlamhoke.html

In Lamhon Ke Daaman Mein - Sonu Nigam, Madhushree
(Music Video from Headlines Today)

dinesh2002
10th January 2008, 02:13 PM
http://www.4shared.com/file/34371596/9958b4c9/inlamhoke.html

In Lamhon Ke Daaman Mein - Sonu Nigam, Madhushree
(Music Video from Headlines Today)

Sounds sweet..... i wanted to listen to the Madhushree's part though... hehe...

will need more time to like this.... think coz the sound quality is very bad....

rayan36
10th January 2008, 05:51 PM
It's still on right, the tamil version that is...

Ramakrishna
10th January 2008, 08:55 PM
ARR's speech during JA launch

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/jan/10video2.htm

Ramakrishna
10th January 2008, 09:02 PM
Hrithik on ARR

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2008/jan/10video3.htm

Ramakrishna
10th January 2008, 09:51 PM
http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/2689537.cms

Yathu
11th January 2008, 02:11 AM
WOW thanks for the updates Ramakrishna! :D

dinesh2002
11th January 2008, 05:30 AM
wow...i think Ashutosh is a harden devotee of Lord Vishnu....

all his movies had songs for the Lord's avatar [Rama & Krishna].......

cant wait to hear the songs... :D

MADDY
11th January 2008, 11:04 AM
Indiaglitz coverage on audio release!!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/14189.html

audio is releasing today rite??? :roll:

ansa400
11th January 2008, 01:45 PM
[tscii:4597298c87]Here's a quick review of all the songs from India FM, a +ve one indeed... :thumbsup:

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2008/01/10/3464/index.html

Jodhaa Akbar audio release: A Grand Spectacle Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Faridoon Shahryar, January 10, 2008 - 15:33 IST

Click above for more stills
“Jodhaa Akbar is finally releasing on September 15,” said director Ashutosh Gowariker at an opulent music launch of the film at a plush Mumbai hotel yesterday. “No…actually the release date as of now is February 15 and this time I’m serious,” Ashutosh corrected himself (with a chuckle) to a collective sigh from the gathered media and other dignitaries. Present at the rich-n-ostentatious occasion was of course the lead pair of Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai, producer Ronnie Screwvala, Amitabh Bachchan, Javed Akhtar, A R Rahman, Sonu Sood, Sonu Nigam, Madhushree, Jaaved Ali, Shatrughan Sinha, Akbar Khan, Sanjay Khan, Ila Arun, Zayed Khan and a host of other celebrities. The event was anchored by ravishing Anjana Sukhani and the music was launched by Maharani of Jaipur Rani Padmini, a direct descendant of Jodhaa Bai.

Flowing red curtains curled as if in a bun of hair, brilliantly scarlet ‘Paalki’ with coquettish secrecy, shimmering inside, authoritarian throne of the King of Kings, swords hanging the fate of destiny in balance and pristine music gently soothing the senses. The ambience was perfect for promoting a hugely mounted film which seems to be a labour of painstaking research, minute detailing and incalculable hard work. Maybe, a fitting tribute to Akbar, who in poet-lyricist-scriptwriter Javed Akhtar’s words, “is a symbol of Indian synthesis who was working towards a Secular society in India around 500 years ago.”

Alright, let’s bring you some more highlights from the evening and also a brief curtain raiser of what the music is all about. Apart from the usual thank-you’s (Ashutosh had a list as long as the duration of his films) and detailed-hugging-sessions, there are a couple of information-nuggets that you shall find very interesting. Ashutosh Gowariker disclosed that Amitabh Bachchan is doing a voice over in the film (Remember Big B’s evocative baritone set the tone-n-tenor in the eponymous Lagaan). Also, Shotgun Sinha’s lovely wife Poonam Sinha is making a comeback to films as she plays Akbar’s mother Hameeda Bano (she has acted in films like Jigri Dost and Sabak three decades ago).

Download Jodhaa Akbar wallpapers
The Audio Visual on the two big screens showcased the five songs from Jodhaa Akbar. ‘Kahne ko Jashn-e-bahaara hai, ishq ye dekh ke hairaan hai, Phool se khushbu khafa khafa hai gulshan mein, Chupa hai koi ranj fiza ki chilman mein,. Rookie singer Jaaved Ali will be a big name after this scintillatingly restrained number that teases-n-sprinkles romance in a careful-n-collected manner. Love notes on Aishwarya’s lips perfectly compliments the sincerity-soaked eyes of Hrithik Roshan. Stunningly shot, this one’s a breathtakingly beautiful aural-n-visual experience.

‘Khwaja Mere Khwaja’ is a traditional sufi song sung by AR Rahman reeking of profuse spiritual connotations of love that knows no boundaries. ‘Mann Mohana’ is a bhajan attempting to bridge the gap between Hindi and Urdu or in other words a cross cultural union. Singer Bela Shinde will be much-in-demand for she has a unique sonorous quality something similar to singer Chitra (Kahna Hi Kya from Bombay besides many more). As soon as ‘Inn Lamhon Ke Daaman Mein’ starts flowing one realizes there are good singers and then there’s Sonu Nigam. He takes Rahman’s superb melody to an even greater height due to that deep-sense-of-emotion that is required to be expressed. It seems Hrithik-Ash are meant to be lovers. For the world stops when the warm waves travel through thin air, setting the hearts on fire! Let the moments flow eternally…

Finally, the moment ‘Azeem-o-Shaan Shahenshah’ ends, there are dual emotions of a whistle-n-a-long-spell-of-clapping. Mammoth drum beats, bugles, huge choruses, a spectacular visual experience (colourful-human-circles making amazingly symmetrical patterns shot from the top) and the sheer sense of wonder: How did they manage to pull off such an epic song like this? Phew! A R Rahman, Javed Akhtar and Ashutosh Gowariker take a bow…

The Audio Release of Jodhaa Akbar was a carefully crafted and well managed event. One error on the part of the organizers that needs to be pointed is that they should have utilized the two giant screens for displaying the images of what-was-going-on at the stage. For the distance for the naked eye to decipher the proceedings was quite a bit. The good news for you guys is that in the next few days we shall treat you with long-n-detailed video interviews with Hrithik Roshan, Aishwarya Rai, Ashutosh Gowariker, A R Rahman and Javed Akhtar. For the time being, can someone play the lovely songs once again…[/tscii:4597298c87]

Ramakrishna
11th January 2008, 02:08 PM
You r welcome Yathu :D

Guess_Me
11th January 2008, 02:24 PM
Two Instrumental tracks included in Jodhaa Akbar

As per arrahman.com, here are the instrumentals in the sound track

1) Jashn-E-Bahaara (Flute)
2) Khwaja Mere Khwaja (Oboe)

Just what I was hoping for. Cant wait !!!

dinesh2002
11th January 2008, 04:50 PM

:clap: awesome news!!!!!!

rayan36
11th January 2008, 07:43 PM

Now that's how you release a ARR album..its never complete without the instrumental track

lancelot
12th January 2008, 12:29 AM
Lagaan and Swades both had instrumentals... so its obvious....

cant wait!!!! yey!!!!

hehe

sharus1000
12th January 2008, 12:56 AM
dinesh dude.....i am trying to reach u on the yahoo msngr....anyways i wanna talk to u regarding something sorry finally have to track u here.pls do get in touch with me at sharus100@yahoo.com....

And for ARR guys Bejan Daruwalla has predicted that jodha akbar ll fetch him awards and ll take him long way so no worries........And so proves the songs splendid.

muzammil_fr
12th January 2008, 05:11 AM
sharus1000
do u got the cd?

dinesh2002
12th January 2008, 05:56 AM
dinesh dude.....i am trying to reach u on the yahoo msngr....anyways i wanna talk to u regarding something sorry finally have to track u here.pls do get in touch with me at sharus100@yahoo.com....

And for ARR guys Bejan Daruwalla has predicted that jodha akbar ll fetch him awards and ll take him long way so no worries........And so proves the songs splendid.

hey bro, i changed my Yahoo email id long time ago... well, ive added u in my MSN messenger.... :)

thineshan54321
12th January 2008, 06:16 AM
i am actually dying to listen.

Ramakrishna
12th January 2008, 07:02 AM

who is not :wink:

thineshan54321
12th January 2008, 07:08 AM

who is not :wink:

paithiyam pidichudum pola irukku sir.

Ramakrishna
12th January 2008, 07:16 AM
ingayum athey thaan sir :sad:

thineshan54321
12th January 2008, 08:15 PM
enjoy this sample (devotional): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4ZKDQi4ic4

sharus1000
13th January 2008, 12:49 AM
dinesh can u kindly give me a test mail so dat atleast i can write a mail to u........anyways i hope u remember me we shared few similar thoughts on arr during baba days and i used to rip bgms off ? :?

thilak4life
13th January 2008, 12:52 AM
hmmm, when are the albums hitting the stands?

thineshan54321
13th January 2008, 01:22 AM
apparently tomorrow

Dragun
13th January 2008, 11:01 AM
Didn't Gowariker mention January 15th as the release date? That's a few days away.

thineshan54321
13th January 2008, 07:36 PM
Didn't Gowariker mention January 15th as the release date? That's a few days away.

thats frustrating!

thineshan54321
13th January 2008, 08:10 PM
khwaja extended: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dT6DGQAGcQ (coutesy yfg)

thineshan54321
13th January 2008, 08:36 PM
i have a feeling this is gonna be better than lagaan and swades combined. just wow... every single song is melodious, i hope ARR does albums like this in the south.

rayan36
13th January 2008, 08:58 PM
I just hope they dub it

thineshan54321
13th January 2008, 09:16 PM
[quote="rayan36"]I just hope they dub it[/quote

they better. guru (altho had a strong north flavor) did very well in tamil. these songs truly have no boundries. i just hope they get the right lyricist for the songs. VM/muthukumar are apt choices. VM for the romantic songs, and muthukumar for devotional and azeemosha. they should somehow find a poet with a strong grasp on islamic literature for khwaja.

Yathu
14th January 2008, 04:05 AM
"Some songs might be accepted very fast, some a little slow" - ARR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3Gu2Rzu4Q

The usual Rahman album then! :D

thineshan54321
14th January 2008, 04:43 AM
from what i hear, national award deserving!

Yathu
14th January 2008, 05:03 AM
[tscii:ac0306d0ac]Also from the above video:

"People ask me ‘how is the music of this film?’ I just look at them and I say ‘A R Rahman’ and they get this broad smile on their faces and they nod in wonderment, as if to say that nothing more needs to be said because when its A R Rahman, its beyond judgement."

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Couldn't have said it better, well said Hirtik![/tscii:ac0306d0ac]

Yathu
14th January 2008, 05:04 AM

ooo who have u been hearing such things from? lol

thineshan54321
14th January 2008, 05:33 AM

i meant, from me hearing the songs, i think they deserve it. :lol: well dont u guys agree?

rayan36
14th January 2008, 09:45 PM
[quote=rayan36]I just hope they dub it[/quote

they better. guru (altho had a strong north flavor) did very well in tamil. these songs truly have no boundries. i just hope they get the right lyricist for the songs. VM/muthukumar are apt choices. VM for the romantic songs, and muthukumar for devotional and azeemosha. they should somehow find a poet with a strong grasp on islamic literature for khwaja.

Hey what about Vaali, his Desam translation is still haunting

thineshan54321
15th January 2008, 02:45 AM
[quote=rayan36]I just hope they dub it[/quote

the prob with vaali is, i admit he is a phenomenol poet, but he is simple. he wont match the period film that jodha akbar is.

Dragun
15th January 2008, 03:16 AM
Is the audio releasing on the 15th or will it be released later?

thineshan54321
15th January 2008, 04:39 AM
Is the audio releasing on the 15th or will it be released later?

surprised no one has enquired. i called up some stores and they said they r not sure. :? anyone else????

rayan36
15th January 2008, 08:17 AM
I just hope they dub it

the prob with vaali is, i admit he is a phenomenol poet, but he is simple. he wont match the period film that jodha akbar is.

Yeah but what VM did in Guru was a disaster (a couple of songs), with short period time Valli could've done wonders, but I have to admit his Aaruyire, Nannare & Manburu mangaiye was great

thineshan54321
15th January 2008, 06:30 PM
where is it??? i thot it was supposed to release today. why so long??

dsb101
15th January 2008, 07:57 PM
- Jashn-e-Bahara
http://rapidshare.com/files/82391692/Jashn-e-Bahara.mp3.html

- Azeem-O-Shah
http://rapidshare.com/files/82392634/Azeem-O-Shah.mp3.html

Dragun
15th January 2008, 11:26 PM
Someone at the ARR Yahoo group mentioned that the audio will be out on the 21st.

thineshan54321
16th January 2008, 12:45 AM
Someone at the ARR Yahoo group mentioned that the audio will be out on the 21st.
this is just dumb! stupid audio companies.

Yathu
16th January 2008, 03:52 AM

i meant, from me hearing the songs, i think they deserve it. :lol: well dont u guys agree?

:lol: owwwww i get it now! (sorry im a bit slow :lol: )

thineshan54321
16th January 2008, 04:43 AM

:lol: owwwww i get it now! (sorry im a bit slow :lol: )

before i think it deserves a national award however, i really think the audio distributor or whoever it is should deserve some slippers and tomatoes!!! :lol:

thineshan54321
16th January 2008, 10:32 AM
i read a while ago that a song in jodha akbar sung by madusree has a lot of raagas (3-5) in one song. which song is that??? is it the inlamhoke one?

kb
17th January 2008, 02:00 AM
when r the full songs coming out..

right now I am hearing only one song(2min) in a loop.. 50+ times

chanchanachanachana chanchanananana..
raheja raheja.. salamath rahe..
theem thom theem thom thiguruthom.. adichi thallitaaru..

i am planning to make a remix with sachin playing his shots.. with this music..
at last.... SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR :D

thineshan54321
17th January 2008, 03:29 AM
when r the full songs coming out..

right now I am hearing only one song(2min) in a loop.. 50+ times

chanchanachanachana chanchanananana..
raheja raheja.. salamath rahe..
theem thom theem thom thiguruthom.. adichi thallitaaru..

i am planning to make a remix with sachin playing his shots.. with this music..
at last.... SACHIN RAMESH TENDULKAR :D

the full songs (very bad quality) is there on the links above. ive been looping them forever now. memorized :lol: ARR is ARR. according to yfg, ppl enquired and music stores in india have said they will receive the songs by midnight January 16 and the songs will be sold from morning of 17th. so ppl living there, go tomorrow and see if its there.

Guess_Me
18th January 2008, 12:41 AM
Looks like the audio has finally been released

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2188/2199413917_0c636d84a5.jpg

MADDY
18th January 2008, 12:47 AM

:shock: :shock:

enappa idhu - naangellam ivalavu aavala wait pannittuirukkom, ivanga ennada naa - edhir veettu ponnu vayasu-kku vandha madhiri silent-a release pannitaanga :cry:

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 01:19 AM

enappa idhu - naangellam ivalavu aavala wait pannittuirukkom, ivanga ennada naa - edhir veettu ponnu vayasu-kku vandha madhiri silent-a release pannitaanga :cry:

:lol: anyone listen to the full songs?? care to upload? :oops: it wont be here for a while and i really need it NOW!!!!! this is probably the most weird release ever. everyone looking forward to the songs forever now and suddenly it releases and no one knows anything about it. why is everyone silent?

Yathu
18th January 2008, 01:50 AM
ARR on Jodhaa Akbar :2thumbsup: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDKSibkPerU

Another video that I thought was interesting! I wish I could work out the notes of a song like this guy and play them on the piano! With chords aswel! :D :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlLsRRvSVdU

Yathu
18th January 2008, 03:58 AM

:lol: anyone listen to the full songs?? care to upload? :oops: it wont be here for a while and i really need it NOW!!!!! this is probably the most weird release ever. everyone looking forward to the songs forever now and suddenly it releases and no one knows anything about it. why is everyone silent?

lol was it even released today? Ive seached "Jodhaa Akbar mp3s" on google, not a single site that i've seen has it. :?

Whats going on? :huh:

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 04:18 AM

lol was it even released today? Ive seached "Jodhaa Akbar mp3s" on google, not a single site that i've seen has it. :?

Whats going on? :huh:

:lol: i searched with the exact same keywords and my results were the same as urs too. but look at the pic Guess_Me posted, so it has to be released. and it looks damn nice, i would buy that for whatever the price is.

Guess_Me
18th January 2008, 04:51 AM
Full songs are available at BwTorrents right now

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 05:17 AM

U R MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 05:18 AM
damn i just remembered i cant make an account there. Guess_Me can u invite me???? plz...

dinesh2002
18th January 2008, 07:19 AM

downloaded the filez.....

Azeem O Shaan Shaheshah.... :shock: OMG !!!! BEAUTIFUL....its sounds good in CD quality.... !!!! others yet to finish download....
- but i still feel the audio quality is not the typical ARR's.... :?

lancelot
18th January 2008, 07:25 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANNOT REGISTER...
someone please send me an invite... if available... please

hehe

dinesh2002
18th January 2008, 07:39 AM
ill brb with the Azeem O Shah link...

thats the only song finished downloaded so far...will keep on posting the links of other songs once its done too....

dinesh2002
18th January 2008, 07:53 AM
Azeem O Shan : http://www.MegaShare.com/342606

Guess_Me
18th January 2008, 07:57 AM
Dont know if I am doing the right thing, but all I can see is the music company torturing us by postponing the release date. Even now the CDs are available in the US only while in India it will take another 3-4 days. No one does this to ARR fans.

UTV Music, say hello to piracy :D

Jodhaa Akbar Full Soundtrack 320 Kbps (Single Zip File)
http://rapidshare.com/files/84660155/jodhaa_akbar.zip

(And my apologies to the guys who PMmed me. I went to sleep right after I posted that message)

dinesh2002
18th January 2008, 08:02 AM
Dont know if I am doing the right thing, but all I can see is the music company torturing us by postponing the release date. Even now the CDs are available in the US only while in India it will take another 3-4 days. No one does this to ARR fans.

(And my apologies to the guys who PMmed me. I went to sleep right after I posted that message)

thanks man.... the torrent is taking AGES for me...!!!!!! u rock buddy!!! :thumbsup:

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 08:03 AM

THX SO MUCH. usually i dont support links like this, but for this one, i dont care. they actually did torture us. guess me, id still suggest that u give the links to ppl upon private message that way u dont give it to random ppl. just my opinion

Guess_Me
18th January 2008, 08:09 AM
usually i dont support links like this, but for this one, i dont care. they actually did torture us. guess me, id still suggest that u give the links to ppl upon private message that way u dont give it to random ppl. just my opinion

Nah. Logically thinking, people like us will buy the CDs no matter who provides MP3s. And people who won't buy the CDs will download it even if it is in crappy Real Audio formats.

So I don't think the links here in public will make a difference. I cant control my anger towards UTV music. Someone at Jodhaa Akbar forum mentioned that it is Sony BMG who distributed the CDs in North America and there it reached on time. And UTV music takes care of the Asian region which they totally messed up, leaving us waiting for another 4 days. I cant tolerate this :evil:

lancelot
18th January 2008, 08:34 AM

may god bless u and everyone u love
hehe

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 09:13 AM
usually i dont support links like this, but for this one, i dont care. they actually did torture us. guess me, id still suggest that u give the links to ppl upon private message that way u dont give it to random ppl. just my opinion

Nah. Logically thinking, people like us will buy the CDs no matter who provides MP3s. And people who won't buy the CDs will download it even if it is in crappy Real Audio formats.

So I don't think the links here in public will make a difference. I cant control my anger towards UTV music. Someone at Jodhaa Akbar forum mentioned that it is Sony BMG who distributed the CDs in North America and there it reached on time. And UTV music takes care of the Asian region which they totally messed up, leaving us waiting for another 4 days. I cant tolerate this :evil:

agreed. btw just mindblowing melodies beats, chords, everything. near the end of khwaja! thats RAHMAN. how his voice turns into oboe, he fuses them so well. wow!!!!

kham
18th January 2008, 09:19 AM
guys even i downloaded it, but it seems to be very bad quality... waiting for da cd/...

Guess_Me
18th January 2008, 09:27 AM
guys even i downloaded it, but it seems to be very bad quality... waiting for da cd/...

Are you referring to my upload?

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 10:51 AM

Are you referring to my upload?

kham man, u cant just come in like that, donwload all songs thx to guess_me and criticize it. be thankful to him before u complain. plz dont take this comment as an offense.

littlemaster1982
18th January 2008, 11:14 AM
Guess_Me :ty: :ty: :ty:. You made my day :thumbsup:

united07
18th January 2008, 12:46 PM
Which A-H said the quality is bad? I think there is something stuck in his ears.

This is a good quality upload.

There is only one word i can say about these songs..."AR Rahman"!

Mind blowing man....In-Lamhon is being my first pick so far.....Khwaja is impressive and Azeem-O-Shaan is too good!

Trust this man, ARR, to come up with gems after gems. I can't wait for his first real period film (excluding Iruvar) in tamil now, Marma Yogi!

thineshan54321
18th January 2008, 01:00 PM
Which A-H said the quality is bad? I think there is something stuck in his ears.

This is a good quality upload.

There is only one word i can say about these songs..."AR Rahman"!

Mind blowing man....In-Lamhon is being my first pick so far.....Khwaja is impressive and Azeem-O-Shaan is too good!

Trust this man, ARR, to come up with gems after gems. I can't wait for his first real period film (excluding Iruvar) in tamil now, Marma Yogi!

i really cant pick out my fav like u can. the song that i currently listen becomes my fav in that sense khwaja is blowing my mind.

july
18th January 2008, 01:04 PM
Only 7 track ?? :(
where is the so called 12 track.

united07
18th January 2008, 01:16 PM
Thineshan,

That's because I was listening that song when I posted...after listening to the complete track only Man Mohana sounds average to me or at least heard something similar in Lagaan and Swades I guess.

I'm juggling between Azeem-O-Shan, Khwaja (love the way ARR pronouces this word), In lamhon and jashn-E Bahaara....

muzammil_fr
18th January 2008, 01:26 PM
Guess_Me
Plz help us , plz delite that link u uploads and give me the songs, then i will uploads on my website then people only can listen and can't download, so plz do it quickly man plz plz. actuelly i am in my job, i can't uploads now just after 4 hours i will be at my home then i will uploads, plz man do this. plz guys don't post in other website.

dinesh2002
18th January 2008, 02:00 PM
Just finished heard all of the songs.... a very good job by A.R.Rahman. the song that didint appeal me was Mann Mohana... sounded very odinary..... and i was expected allot for this track.... a devotional number...

the rest, was very very good.....Jashn E Bahara's instrumental was the best of the best.... simply mind blowing...is the flute player Naveen???

lancelot
18th January 2008, 02:09 PM
the internet is slow in office... cant wait to go home... been trying to download the songs since morning....
iooooooooo... enna tholla!!

hehe

muzammil_fr
18th January 2008, 02:23 PM
Guess Me plz remove that links u posted , people can listen online from here http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/Jodha-Akbar-Listen-Hindi-Song-t19504.html (no one can download from online) Guess me plz do it.

Guess_Me
18th January 2008, 02:46 PM
Guess Me plz remove that links u posted , people can listen online from here. Guess me plz do it.

Okay. I guess all HC fans have downloaded it by now. So I am deleting my upload.

Those who want to listen to the songs can do so at Radiosargam (http://www.radiosargam.com/films/archives/10234/listen-to-the-songs-jodhaa-akbar-2008.html)

If anyone else needs to download, PM me and I will send you the link in private.

kham
18th January 2008, 03:37 PM
Hey Guess me...

Thanks for da link downloaded.... Wat i was refferin was another radion quality in rapidshare....

dinesh2002
18th January 2008, 04:17 PM
no offence yea, but by now, the mp3s would have reached almost everyone.... [leave out guessme's uploaded link].

in the BW torrent itself 843 people downloaded already.... so why is people going to listen online when they STILL can get the mp3 ELSEWHERE....

just take it cool.... eventhough Sivaji audio was released in net 1st, the audio sale was still a big hit... :)

muzammil_fr
18th January 2008, 05:00 PM
:( :( Have to Work More For Stop That Piracy ARR songs, I am really Crying :( :( :( :(

muzammil_fr
18th January 2008, 05:02 PM
Even My friend (Other admin of my website) shut me to put download links :( :(

muzammil_fr
18th January 2008, 08:18 PM
Guess Me Sorry to say, if u want uploads it again, because my friend even become close our website if i don't put download links, so sorry man for telling delite ur links, and the peoples who want download, then they aim only download, they will find one link, the people who want buy they buy surely, Dinesh is correct even Sivaji track already release on net, it's had break all sales, so we have to protect the songs on cd itself.

Yathu
18th January 2008, 11:37 PM
ow no! I didn't get to Guess_Me's link quick enough! :cry:

If any of you guys have the link, i'd be very grateful if you could send me it! :D I've also msged Mr. Guess_Me aswel :D .

First person who replies will be in my good books forever. :lol:

thilak4life
18th January 2008, 11:41 PM
*rubs the hand in prevision of glee* :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
18th January 2008, 11:55 PM

Did u listen to the Songs? Expecting your review on the album.

thineshan54321
19th January 2008, 12:24 AM
khwaja is killing me. the alaaps in the start and the ending WOW, ARR's voice transforms to an oboe, the harmony is just out of this world. for me its on par with other classical arr hindi albums like lagaan, taal, meenaxi, etc. some songs even overtake the songs in these albums easily imo.

Yathu
19th January 2008, 04:37 AM
Azeem-o-shan sounds brilliant clear, very majestic. Really like In Lamho Ke too, especially the beginning...its got the Uyire (Bombay) kinda feel to it. Khwajas just beautiful! ARR voice really brings out the spirituality of the song.

I'd probably be able to appreciate these songs more if i understood the lyrics! Can someone translate? Or just tell me the general gist of what they're trying to say in the song! :lol:

Yathu
19th January 2008, 04:49 AM
The next question thats bound to be asked sooner or later:

When's the Tamil version coming out? COS I CAN'T WAIT!

thineshan54321
19th January 2008, 05:32 AM
i have listened over 25 times in a loop all the sogns, and i have to tell u EVERYSINGLE song is at the height of its genre. mann mohana is tooo divine, i am able to feel the hindu essence tht i didnt feel in opaal and pal pal in that song. easily as an album overtakes lagaan, swades. imo.

littlemaster1982
19th January 2008, 09:16 AM
I'm searching for words to describe Azeem-O-Shan & Jashn-E-Bahaara (Instrumental). Attagaasam :2thumbsup:

somusic
19th January 2008, 01:49 PM
Again a magic from Rehman..........
those who cant understand the value of rehman's music .....should
listen jodha akbar.......... each and every track........has its own identity.........its getting inside my soul.........

A RR.......taking india's flim scores to the next level...............

Kudos to u Rehman Ji for giving such a excellent album...........

thilak4life
19th January 2008, 02:08 PM

Did u listen to the Songs? Expecting your review on the album.

Coming soon.. :D

sureshmehcnit
19th January 2008, 02:37 PM
my thoughts

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2008/01/jodhaa-akbar-soundtrack.html

rajasaranam
19th January 2008, 03:03 PM
Thanks guess_me,

Just listened once, mesmerising is the only word comes to my mind. :)

Ramakrishna
19th January 2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks guess_me,

Just listened once, mesmerising is the only word comes to my mind. :)

:shock: really very encouraging

A.ANAND
19th January 2008, 06:00 PM
mindblowing songssssssssssssssssss!mann mohana :omg: :musicsmile: :clap: :2thumbsup:

A.ANAND
19th January 2008, 06:04 PM
jodha akbhar-'isai kadavulin rudra thandavam' :omg: :omg: :omg: :omg: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dinesh2002
19th January 2008, 07:04 PM
Shall we guess the singers for the tamil version??

ill start with mine :

1. Azeem o Shaan - Naresh Iyer, Benny, Saindhavi, Mahathi,etc etc [im not too sure,as this song is more like a Chorus song]

2.In Lamhon - Naresh Iyer or Hariharan, Madhushree

3.Jashn E Bahara - Naresh Iyer or Karthik or Hariharan

4.Kwaja Kwaja - A.R.Rahman

5. Mann Mohana - Shreya Goshal

wut bout u guys ???

A.ANAND
19th January 2008, 08:58 PM
please madhusri vennam sir!thannga mudiyila tamil ucharippu!

Scale
19th January 2008, 09:19 PM
Jashn E Bahara - Sphere couch Blissful gush of Vocal and interludes. I am enthralled thats from ARR and so the instrumental version Naveen's flute!

Azeeomo shaan - Straight from ARR's grandeur orchestra. Sensational attempt!

In Lamhon ki daaman - Another scintillating melody a catch to J e- Bahaara. A reminiscent to DeshKiMitti and the backing chorus was perfectly engaged.

Khwaja Mere Khwaja & Instrumental, Mann Mohana - ARR's & AG's personal desire. I respect their endeavor.

:2thumbsup:

thineshan54321
19th January 2008, 09:22 PM
please madhusri vennam sir!thannga mudiyila tamil ucharippu!

but her oice was amazing in that song, she traverses the classical raag in that song with so much ease. also its only a little part, so she can really concentrate on her lyrics. mann mohana is just so amazing, didnt think i would like this this much.

rayan36
19th January 2008, 09:24 PM
1. Azeem O Shaan - A.R.Rahman, Benny, Aslam

2.In Lahoon - Naresh Iyer , Madhushree, Mahalakshmi Iyer

3. Jashn E Bahara - Naresh Iyer / Benny

4. Khawaja Mere Khawaja - A.R.Rahman

5. Mann Mohana - Chinmayee / Chitra (she's good in devotional)

A.ANAND
19th January 2008, 09:34 PM
rayan ,ungga list o.k but mann mohan shreya ghosal than poruthama irukkum :) rayan neenga panna sms padichi 'ponngiten' :lol:

rayan36
19th January 2008, 09:51 PM
rayan ,ungga list o.k but mann mohan shreya ghosal than poruthama irukkum :) rayan neenga panna sms padichi 'ponngiten' :lol:

i think solo songs should be ok with the 2 C's. Unmaiyilay pongithingala

Yathu
20th January 2008, 03:31 AM
Azeen-O-Shan - Aslam, Naresh Iyer

In Lamhon - Hariharan, Naresh Iyer (KK?), Madhushree

Jashn-E-Bahara - Naresh Iyer (Or Nikhil Mathew)

Khwaja - ARR

Man Mohana - Shreya Ghosal

Naresh could do 3/5 songs!

Dragun
20th January 2008, 04:19 AM
Madhushree should stay far away from the Tamil and Telugu versions.

Yathu
20th January 2008, 04:34 AM
Madhushree should stay far away from the Tamil and Telugu versions.

:lol: come on, shes not that bad!

svaisn
20th January 2008, 06:28 AM
Any pointers to buy CDs online?

dinesh2002
20th January 2008, 07:40 AM

http://www.musicyogi.com/asp/musicDetails.asp?albID=ALB6649

rayan36
20th January 2008, 08:08 AM
So, when is the tamil version coming out ?

svaisn
20th January 2008, 08:57 AM

ithu indiale matum thannu nenaikiren

dinesh2002
20th January 2008, 10:39 AM

ithu indiale matum thannu nenaikiren

http://www.musicyogi.com/html/shipping_rates.htm

it goes everywhere ~

Dragun
20th January 2008, 11:18 AM
Nehaflix also has it. I bought it at a local store, so I didn't have to pay shipping.

Nerd
20th January 2008, 11:42 AM
Karthik sir, I see that you are in Chicago. Check with your local Indian grocers. I always buy CDs from those guys. I mean if you can't get it in Devon's street, you can't get it anywhere in the USA :P

baba88
20th January 2008, 04:48 PM
Oh my god ! What an album. I am so happy that ARR made such a beautiful album. I have not read a single negative review yet and I think I will not find one in future. This is the first time that everybody is totally satisfied with an album.

Now nobody, nobody can compare ARR with some small composers like YSR and HJ. Haha this makes me so happy. Those small composers think they are better than ARR because they make some hits in Tamil in the style ARR created in India. But now ARR has gone into another level with Jodha Akbar. This is too good !!!

Guess_Me
20th January 2008, 06:19 PM
Sorry guys, I couldn't login into TFMPage due to change of mail id, leaving my account unactivated. Finally our own dinesh helped me by contacting the moderators. Thanx man.

BTW, I got 6 PMs in my inbox asking for JA songs. I believe you all have the audio by now. If any of you are still looking for the songs, PM me. This time I will surely reply.