PDA

View Full Version : Telugu film music

Oldposts
19th December 2004, 02:42 PM
Topic started by MS (shatjam@yahoo.com) (@ 129.252.23.185) on Thu Jul 27 22:59:26 .

mm..Most of us have a derogatory opinion about telugu film music and that is quite reflective of the prevailing standards. With the exception of MDs like Keeravaani, the musicians are churning out crap after crap.

But in this thread, I would like to discuss the golden era when balu's romantic melodies like "mallelu poosE", "madhumaasaa vELalO" reigned supreme. This age saw the emergence and effulgence of SPB with him being inspired by some of the greatest tunes of MSV, Rajan- Nagendra and later IR.

I am a tamilian with ears open for good music. Though I don't understand telugu at all, the inherent romanticism and melodic content in the songs make me swoon.

Please help me make a list of good songs of these great singers.

Oldposts
I like to point KVM's contribs in composing many great melodies - classical as well as light songs. I'll take some of his famous movies and post my comments. Quickly first: 'Sruti Layalu'. Has one of my favorite song: 'inniraasulaunikki'. Beautiful tune in the raga Malaymarutham and sung nicely by SPB & VJ. In this movie, there's a climax song where KVM has composed with a sruti bedham. This is probably the first time this has attempted in film song. more later..

Oldposts
RR thanks for the invite.

Apart from KVMahadevan,Ramesh Naidu and Rajen-Nagendra has given quality songs in tefm.
Ramesh Naidus 'mega sandesam'(which fetched a national award for KJY) and 'anand bhairavi'are
my all time favorites(If you get a chance to watch anand bhairavi dont miss it).He had done a lot of classical based songs.
Rajen Nagendra has given lot of melodies(iNtikku iNtikku Ramayana,oh sita katha etc).
Then comes Chakravarthy who was more into fast beat songs. He did give one beautiful SPB,SJ duet(for Nageshwarrao and Jaipradha)-unfortunately i dont remember the lines.
Recently sandip chowda tuned a beautiful melody
'edo veLLi poinidhi manasu'for 'niNNe peLLadutha'
(which also had the fast song 'greka veerudu').
'edo veLLi poindhi manasu'was sung by Rajesh..his voice almost sounds like SPBs.

Going back to KVM , he has given his best to most of the KViswanath movies. Right from siri siri muvaa,seethamahalakshmi to swayam khushi..the music was at its best.
Though shankarabaranam became a all-south india hit, his music for 'saptapathi' went unnoticed.
IMO saptapathi songs were just amazing. Listen to
sjanakis 'marugeLara oh raghavaa'-no music interludes,no background music.Just her voice. Each time i listen to this song i will have tears in my eyes.Such is the intesity of this thyagaraja keerthana beautifully tuned by KVM.
Same movie had another excellent duet by SPB and PS'ithenna aah muraLi mohana muraLi' and also 'hygiri nandhini'by SPB.
There is also a SPB,SJ duet(Sj singing in childs voice)-which is also a very very good song.
This movie was remade into hindi as 'jaag utoh insaan'(sridevi and Mithun chakraborthy).
'Swathi kiranam'(*ing Mammooty,radhika and Manjunath)fetched third national award for Vani jairam. I tell you this is another great film under kvishwanath-KVMahadevan combination.

'sirivennella'(*ing Suhasini,Moon moon sen and a Bengali actor)had excellent songs by KVM but the film was a big bore(This was dubbed into tamil as 'raga devathai').

KBalachanders 'maro charithra'had good songs by MSV(ekeeka poovulu silakamma).
Ghantasala and Nagaiyah were popular MDs in 50s and 60s.

Oldposts
Ramki: that was a good brief survey of TeFM scene. I think I missed Sapthapadhi. It was screened on Central (ex-Prime 12) this sunday and I had to go out to meet someone :(
My detailed comments on these movies are coming soon.. :(to work now):

Oldposts
Sorry for the digression...

Mmm...I also don't understand telugu. But even where lots of crap is produced, some "muthu" can be found. Like in tamil nowadays:-)) This might also have to do with taste. Some of us like fast beat songs while others prefer slow songs. I prefer both depending on time. MS, I have a feeling that you like slow paced romantic songs. Personally though, I think that there are good numbers in recent telugu albums. And about Keeravani, I also like his music, but he only gives memorable numbers/albums once in a while. I liked his 'Pranayama' number from Bombay Priyudu which sounded like thenumber 'Paari jaatha poove' with old time music influence. Here's a list...

Marala telupana from Suyamvaram by Chithra -- people who say she doesn't sing soulfully should listen to this number( MS, check for this song at telugufm.com under Suyamvaram film...great song.

Malle poova majjala guvva - Ravoi Chandammaama by SPB and Chithra

Swapna venu vedho - Ravoi Chandammaama by SPB and Chithra
Jajji malli tella chera - Chinnabayyi by SPB and Chithra(great rendition by both)

O...chilakka - Dongata by Chithra

Jaamu raathiri - Bobbili raja by SPB and Chithra

Guys, let me mention about Ramana gokula. He's the newest telugu MD who's hot. He does mostly songs that are really fast but he also has melodious gems...prove are these 2 numbers

Naalo vunna prema from Premante Idera
Manase edura thiruga from Premante Idera both by SPB and Chithra...

For a fast number try Vayyaari bhaama from Tammudu. This song is sung by him and I don't like his voice but the musical arrangement is really cool. I found it to be different.

Of course, the songs from Pelli Sandhadi which I am sure you all have heard are good. My favourite is Nava manmathuda by Chithra. These songs were blatantly copied by Deva. But nava manmathuda is slightly different in the original version. The tamil song equivalent to this is 'Malligayae malligayae'.

Sirilolikinche chinni navvule from Yamaleela by SPB and Chithra....
while on Yamaleela songs, if you listen to the all the songs, you can see a variety of arrangement. The difference between this song and "Erra ..' song can show you how much variety some MD's can put.

There are quite a lot more. Admittedly, I have not heard any of the old songs that you have mentioned above. Primarily because I don't find that I can relate to the music of that time for telugus. Maybe that's the problem. But I find that I can enjoy songs from films like 'Sankarabaranam' and Swaati Mutyam'. But I feel that to totally enjoy songs, one should know the language. I can't speak about the songs in the technical manner like you do...but even if a song sounds simple, it may end up being great for the lyrics and the simple music. Such an example of that could be Edho oru paatu in tamil and chinni chinni gundelo in telugu. Even in malayalam, if I am listening to oru raathiri koodi (don't you think Chithra sounds great?:-)), I can appreciate the musical beauty and the apparent beauty in the rendition but I can go no further because I don't know malayalam. So while it really touched you, I can only speak from a distance as a neutral music lover...

BTW, isn't Sruthilayalu dubbed in tamil. I believe that is the dance movie. The boy who played the son was great...

ending digression

Oldposts
MS, I have a feeling that you like slow paced romantic songs

Quite true :-) But,that cannot be a conclusive statement as I like a lot of beatsy numbers. you will be surprised to know that one of the most hated songs - "oh baby baby" of kaadhalukku mariyaadhai is an all time favorite of mine. When I listen to a song, I look for either a catchy melody or an innovative arrangement. The bass work in "oh baby baby" is one of the finest I have heard in that genre. It is totally unconventional. Now this is digression :-)

I shall soon come up with reviews of some albums and a colleciton of telugu songs I like. We may discuss further about the technicalities.

Oldposts
Hi Guys,
I'm a music lover & recently started to listen to telugu numbers just b'cos i'm getting married to a telugu girl.'marala telupana'by chithra in suyamvaram is great.I'm not sure whether anyone of you got a chance to listen to'nuve nuve ante'by hariharan-quite a good number.I would love to get a list from you guys (romantic!) to surprise my fiancee!

Oldposts
Hi guys

If you guys want to listen good music, just listen to combination of directors and MD's like KViswanath-IR, KViswanath-KVMahadevan, Vamsi-IR, Bapu-KMV

MD"s like Rajen-Nagendra, Ramesh Naidu, Ghantasala, SRajeshwara Rao, Some songs of satyam, Many old songs between 1970 to 1980

Oldposts
For a selection of Telugu movie hits of K.J. Yesudas, please visit the following links:

http://www.tharangini.com/telugu.htm (http://www.tharangini.com/telugu.htm
)

http://www.megacinema.com/app/handler?link=1.10.111

Oldposts
In the second link, you will have to click on "Telugu", "By Singer" and "K.J. Yesudas" to get the KJY songs. This page has a huge collection of Telugu and Tamil songs. Enjoy them!!!!

Oldposts
can anybody list the names of singers of all the songs in the new nagarjuna movie Azaad?

Karthik

Oldposts
Marala telupana is a beautiful number by Chitra

Oldposts
Proud to annouce new Telugu MP3 Radio Station, Non-stop music round the clock..large index of illayaraja, Ghantasala.. http://www.geethanjali.com

Oldposts
Hi All,
i am a telugu guy with lot of intrest in telugu music. now a days the quality of the telugu film is going down with North Indian Singers like Udit Narayan singing most of the songs without any expressions it is just unbearable.
All the movies by K.Viswanath are good especially Sagara Sangamam, Sirivennalla, Sirisirimuvva etc..
I think we have to just hear old telugu songs to appreciate telugu music becuase the songs coming now appear like hindi songs and we cant even know the lyrics also

Oldposts
Hello,

Jaamu Rathiri Jaabilamma is not from Bobbili Raja... if u don't know correctly why the hell are u hosting sites..... movie name is 'Kshana Kshanam'

Oldposts
this site is very nice ....
I want to know where I can get thyagaraja keerthanas ( mp3 or realplayer ).

Oldposts
I would appreciate if someone could tell me where to find mp3s of IRs songs in Telugu:

The following are some of the great songs that came during the middle to late eighties and also early 90s

sumam prathi sumam - Maharishi - my favourite. simply the best.

maataranni mounamithi - "

priyathama - jagadeega veerudu athiloga sundari

ku ku koo kokila - Sitara

songs from Ladies Tailor

songs from abhinandana and alapana

yeh debba theeshaavura - ashwamedham - this song is set in dharmavathi and is available in ramaswamy giresans site(check TFM links)

subhaleka and other songs from Konda veeti Donga

Oldposts
vijay: Some are available in http://www.telugump3.net

Oldposts
Is there any site with the songs of the film "Kunti Putrudu" *ing Mohan Babu and Vijayashanthi. This movie was released in 1993. The music is by Ilayaraja.

All songs except one are strongly based on carnatic music. Needless to say, they are all top class. It was a totally unrecognized album since the movie was a disaster.

Oldposts
Shouldn't have told me:-))...

Oldposts
I tellu guys.. if some one has an ear for the melodious telugu songs.. check out..

www.sailu.com

offers u a spectrum of music ranging from Saastreeya carNaaTaka samgeetam to the haunting beats from IR!!

annamayya kruti - collection here is simply wonderful!!

Those who cant read the telugu alphabet -Check out the Text-only version .-

Oldposts
Hi,

Pls. let me know from where i can download the old melodies of hindi, kannada & telugu movies.

thanks
sushma

Oldposts
i am accessing through proxy server. how can i get the songs from telugufm in realplayer
while clicking the song downloading 1kb file when i open it connecting through site.

help me to get entertained

Oldposts
The recent film Manasunte Nuvve has some nice melodies, along with a copied version of Malayalam hit "Kannaadi kootum".

RR
20th December 2004, 01:37 PM
Telugu mp3 section at coolgoose:

http://as01.coolgoose.com/music/category.php?id=10251

abhiram
9th January 2005, 01:33 PM
oooooooooooop

rajeshkrv
4th February 2005, 05:33 PM
Telugu pick..

Song: " Saagara Sangamame"
Movie : Seethakoka Chilaka
Music: Illayaraja
Lyrics: Veturi
Singers: P.Suseela & S.P.B

Seethakoka Chilaka was the remake of Alaigal oivathillai.
This song was not the exact tune of (Vizhiyil vizhundhu) but similar to that.

Illayaraja's tune and beautiful rendition by PS & SPB is amazing

Listen and Enjoy
http://raretfm.com/ifm/sitak_sagarasangamame.ram

regards

raj

RR
5th February 2005, 09:30 AM
Good! I can't find a counterpart in 'alaigal oaivathillai'. 'dharisanm kidaikkaatha' may be the closest. Both use 'hindolam' but tunewise different.

HindustaniLadka
10th February 2005, 10:03 AM
Telugu films would be perfect if they had good scripts, songs and casts. Right now, the casting people pick the ugliest possible people to star in telugu movies. The actors look liek bafoons and the actresses are over weight and hideous. There are plenty of beautiful people to cast, but the casting people refuse to do some for some reason. They are copying Tamil movies. Tamils prefer fatter women and men with large mustaches. So i guess tamils are somehow influencing telugu movies. This is not good because tamil films are the worst films in India. Hindi films are by far the best. If telugu movies followed the examples of hindi films, they would gain a lot of respect. I used to watch telugu movies once in a while, but i stopped because they got too ridiculous to watch. I can't stand them anymore. The songs are horrible even though the singers are good.

rajeshkrv
15th February 2005, 11:20 AM
This week's telugu song

" Janaki kalakanaledhu"

Movie: Raajkumar
Music: Ilayaraja
Singers: S.P.B & P.Suseela

it's a beautiful tune by Ilayaraja and sung well by SPB & PS

it resembles a tamil tune but not sure though!!

listen and enjoy

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/rajkumar_janaki.ram

RR
15th February 2005, 07:00 PM
You are right about the tune..lilting! with IR 80's stamp all over. Orchestration resembles 'kaathal mayakkam' a lot. Yes, both are in same raga (suddha saveri).

rajeshkrv
21st February 2005, 10:03 AM
This week's telugu song

" Seethalu Singaaram"

Movie: Sitamaalakshmi
Music: K.V.Mahadevan
Singers: S.P.B & P.Suseela

This is the telugu version of "Poondhenil kalandhu"
Solo in tamil was made a duet in Telugu

A nice song rendered beautifully by PS & SPB

film had Chandramohan(neeya fame) and Alluri ramalakshmi in lead.

listen and enjoy

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/SeethaluSingaram.ram

raj

rajeshkrv
4th March 2005, 12:04 PM
this week's telugu pick

Song: Karigipoyanu karpoora veenala

Movie: Marana mrudangam
Lyrics: Vetturi
Singers: S.P.B, P.Suseela

Film had Chiranjeevi & Suhasini

A beautiful song

listen and pour in your thoughts

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/karigipoyanu.rm

raj

rajeshkrv
17th March 2005, 09:53 AM
Next Telugu pick

"Ghallu Ghallu Ghallumantu " by P.Suseela,SPB

Swarnakamalam(1988)- Film by K.Viswanath which bagged the President Lotus Award that year.

Music was by Mastero Illayaraja who gave some memorable tunes in this movie

Particularly, Ghallu Ghallu, Shivapoojaku, Kothaga rekkalochena.

Cast includes Venkatesh,Bhanupriya,Srilakshmi,S.T.Sai

Meena (Bhanupriya) is the daughter of a famous dancer.Chandra (Venkatesh) is their neighbour. Though meena had learnt dancing she is not interested to take that as a profession. Chandra impressed by the dancing talent of meena requests her to take up dancing as a profession and organizes a performance by her. She agrees but makes a hash of it at the stage. Unable to bear the disappointment, her dejected father dances and dies due to heart attack. Meena regrets for what ever happened .Chandra advices her to continue the dance but she decides to take up a job in a hotel. The management of the hotel coaxes her to give a dance performance which captivates a foreigner(Sharon A. Lowen )who is an ardent lover of Indian fine arts.

In spite of repeated offers from abroad and having become a celebrity, she decides to stay in India with her mentor and guide - yes with Chandra.

Splendid performance by both Bhanupriya and Venkatesh. The Genius in K.vishwanath is visible in each frame of the film.

Coming to the song “Ghallu Ghallu “ .. The song Starts with bhanupriya making music with her anklet and Venkatesh starts..

SPB starts as Ghallu ghallu followed by PS repeating it.

Throughout the song PS excels both in humming as well as the sangathis with beautiful support by SPB

In the first stanza when SPB sings “Layake nilayamai nee padham” beautifully followed by PS singing

“Ha aha ha ha ..”

IMHO.. when SPB sings “thirige kaalaniku” and PS starts a lengthy humming which goes up and down.. I listen this song just to hear this…….. perfect harmony…

Towards the end when PS sings “Adhu perukani aataladi vasanthalu alagante

Sirivanamula parimalamula piluvenmundhi piluvumundhi” – she sings with style & Ease!!

Amazed @ the tune by Music Mastero !! KVishwanath’s Visuals are transformed into Musical notes by IR ..

Bhanupriya’s Dance , Venky’s expressive face with vocal support by Legends PS,SPB , Musical Lyrics by Sirivennila Sitarama Sastry and ofcourse Magical melody by IR makes this song a visual treat..

Song with creativity …

Recently this movie was played in E tv and after that I’m hooked to this song (hear it 10 times a day)

Film had other great numbers too

Shivapoojaku sigurnchina siri siri muvva Excelled by PS,SPB

koluvai by PS,SPB

Kothaga Rekkalochena by SPB,SJ

& Natarajane by SPB,VJ

Listen and Enjoy

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/ghallu_ghallu.rm

regards

raj

rajeshkrv
23rd March 2005, 03:47 PM
Next telugu pick

"Raagala pallakilo koyilamma"

Movie: Subhalekha
Music: K.V.Mahadevan
Lyrics: Veturi

Subhaleka directed by K.Viswanath had Chiranjeevi,Sumalatha in lead. this song is a beautiful duet by PS & SPB

listen to PS saying telusu andhuke - sweet as ever

Only after this film sudhakar was called as subaleka sudhakar(SPshailaja's husband)

K.Viswanath-KVM gave some memorable movies & tunes
and this is one among them

listen and give your comments
http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/raagala_pallakilo.rm

rajeshkrv
29th March 2005, 05:21 PM
Next Telugu pick

"aase Virise kalise " by P.B.Sreenivos,P.Susheela

Telugu equivalent of "Azhage amudhe "

Music: MSV-TKR

Listen and enjoy this class song by PBS,PS

also give your comments

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/aasevirise.rm

regards

raj

rajeshkrv
21st April 2005, 11:11 AM
Next Telugu pick

On the EVE of "Sri Rama Navami"

"Seetharumla Kalyanam " by P.Susheela & Chorus

Movie: Sitarama kalyanam
Music: Pendyala

a lengthy song.. sung for Rama-Sita Wedding.

Sobanbabu played the role of RAMA
while Githanjali played the role of Sita

A great Song
this tune was used for "Alanati rama chandrudu" in MURARI

Listen and give your comments

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/seetharamula.rm

RR
21st April 2005, 08:56 PM
First line sounds like inspired by 'bhagyada lakshmi baaramma'..

Surya
27th April 2005, 01:17 AM
Was the music in Gharshana, the same as it was in kaaka kaaka? :)

rajeshkrv
27th April 2005, 04:48 PM
Next Telugu pick

"Swaramulu Edaina"

Movie: Thoorpu Padmara
Music: Ramesh Naidu
Lyrics: Dr.C.Narayana Reddy

This has shades of "Ezhu swarangalukkul" .
Also this is a beautiful Raaga Malika beautifully sung by PS

Thoorpu Padmara was directed by Dasari Narayana rao and it had
Srividhya,Madhavi and Narasimha raju

listen and enjoy

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/swaramuluedaina.rm

Raj

RR
3rd May 2005, 08:49 PM
This is a gem!

lordstanher
4th May 2005, 11:47 AM
[i][b]Next Telugu pick

"Ghallu Ghallu Ghallumantu " by P.Suseela,SPB

Swarnakamalam(1988)- Film by K.Viswanath which bagged the President Lotus Award that year.

Music was by Mastero Illayaraja who gave some memorable tunes in this movie
Particularly, Ghallu Ghallu, Shivapoojaku, Kothaga rekkalochena.

Yup.....and also this song "Akasamulo...." (w/ Bhanupriya dancing in the park)
All in all, telugu movies/songs were basically quite good in the 80s....esp. w/ IR's music! :thumbsup: ) unlike most of the current ones! (altho as an exception, I wud consider the latest movie I saw- Aa naluguru :) )
Neways, good to meet other ppl. in this forum who r into tel. films/songs! Andariki Namaskaram! :) Bavunnara?

lordstanher
4th May 2005, 12:04 PM
Guys,
I need ur help- I wish to know the name of the telugu movie w/ the song "Ye Divilo merisina paarijaatamu....." by SP Balu/S Janaki.....
I can't recall the music dir.'s name but I rem. SP Balu telling once in an interview tat it was this song tat turned out to be the turning point in his career......and its really one superb song too! :wink:
I guess I could find this song online if only I knew the name of the movie.....so I'd be grateful if ne of u cud let me know. Thanks!

rajeshkrv
4th May 2005, 02:50 PM
RR ,lordstanher thanks for the comments

lordstanher the song you mentioned is Ee Divilo Virisina Parijatamo
is a solo by SPB (Janaki doesnt sing or hum in this song)
Movie: Kanne Vayasu
Music: Satyam

the original tune was from Kannada

"Nee muddida mallige hoovina maale" by PS,PBS

i'll share these 2 as this week's tel & kannada pick

Raj

rajeshkrv
4th May 2005, 03:46 PM
Next Tel pick

" E Divilo virisina parijathamo" by SPB

Lyrics: Dasarathi

a beautiful song sung elegantly by SPB

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/eedivilovirisina.rm

lordstanher
4th May 2005, 07:31 PM
lordstanher the song you mentioned is Ee Divilo Virisina Parijatamo is a solo by SPB (Janaki doesnt sing or hum in this song)

Tks a lot for refreshing my memory & for the link Rajesh! :D
And yea, it was virisina in the 1st line, not merisina.....looks like my memory got a bit hazy as I heard the song a long time ago..... :)
And um....yea I knew tat SPB sang this song as a a solo but I thot I vaguely rem. once hearing the same song sung (separately) by Janaki as well.....? hmm....or maybe I'd confused it w/ another song....? :?
Neways, glad to know u've chosen this as this week's song, good to hear it after soooo long! Its truly a classic masterpiece! :thumbsup:

lordstanher
5th May 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi Rajesh,
since u'd helped me find out the details of the earlier song, cud u/ne-one here help me out again: :D

Do ne of u know the details of this song by SPB/P Susila(?).....goes sumwat like this:
"Nayanalu kalipe toli sari.....Hridayalu kalipe toli vela,
Kalipe taranga-noi....."

Ne idea abt name of movie/music director etc..??
And again, its from the '70s......its identical to this song in the Hindi movie 'Rajnigandha' (1973):
"Kai baar yuhi dekha hai......sau baar yuhi dekha hai...."

Music dir. for this song was Salil Chowdhry but no idea if he composed fo the same song in the Telugu version as well....?
Thanks! :D

rajeshkrv
16th May 2005, 03:12 PM
lordstanher,

the song which you'vementioned
Nayanalu kalise toli saari by P.suseela & SPB
is from the movie

Chairman Chalamayya
and music was by Salil himself.

this is the only telugu movie for which salil composed music
the lyrics for this song was written by Arudra.

i dont have the song..

if i get i'll definitely share

lordstanher
17th May 2005, 08:02 AM
Tks Rajesh! :D
However, even I cudn't find the movie in ne of the Indian music sites I know of..... :(

I'll be looking fwd to hearing the song when ur able to get it.... :D

lordstanher
25th May 2005, 04:03 PM
Hi,
I'm back w/ yet another query:

Ne-one know the name of the movie tat has this song by SPB:

"Idhe paata, prati chota,
Ilaage paduthuntanu...."

The actor in this song was Sobhan Babu.....I even saw this movie 7-8 yrs ago but can't rem. the name....
Rajesh, I'd be glad if u cud provide me a URL to this song as well.....tks!

rajeshkrv
4th June 2005, 10:19 AM
Next tel pick

'Sangamam sangamam' by Ghantasala & Suseela

movie:kode naagu
music: Pendyala

kode naagu is the tel version of the kannadamovie

"Nagarahuvu"starring vishnuvardhan & shuba

the original version was sung by PBS & PS
while in telugu it was by ghantasala& suseela

in tamil the movie was remade as 'Raja naagam'
and the tamil version was little bit different and sung by SPB & PS

PS was there in all the 3 versions of this song.

listen and enjoy

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/sangamam.rm

Sudarshan C R
4th June 2005, 08:42 PM
hello friend,

The song 'idhe paata prati choota' is from the film
Puttinillu Mettinillu sung by shri SPB. Music by sri Satyam. The song is available here.
http://www.telugufm.com/Modules/music/MovieDetail.aspx?MID=10283

sudarshan c r

lordstanher
5th June 2005, 08:29 AM
Hello Sudarshan,
Many thanks! Felt glad to hear tat song again after a long time! :D

rajeshkrv
16th June 2005, 05:53 AM
Next tel pick

'ghallu ghallumani' by P.Suseela

movie: Sati sakkubai
music: P.Aadinaryanarao
lyrics: Samudrala Sr.

Anjai pictures Sati sakkubai had Anjali devi, S.V.Rangarao in lead.

P.Aadinarayanarao(anjali's husband) is an intelligent .. and had given wonderful tunes both to tamil and telugu film music.

PS's singing is the highlight of the song..

wonderful song ..

listen and give your comments

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/gallugallumani.rm

rajeshkrv
19th June 2005, 10:56 AM
Next pick

"chithram bhalare "by P.Suseela , S.P.Balasubramaniam

Movie : Daana Veera Soora karna

Daana Veera Soora karna was produced and directed by N.T.R
female lead was prabha

this is a beautiful song by PS & SPB

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/chitrambhalare.rm

rajeshkrv
25th June 2005, 02:49 AM
Next telugu pick

"Yamuna mukamun" by P.Suseela

Movie: Ratnagiri rahasya
Music: T.G.lingappa

a slow version (kannada/tamil were fast ones) in telugu

beautifully rendered by PS

listen and give your inputs

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/yamuna_mukhamun.rm

raj

lordstanher
3rd July 2005, 06:01 PM
Hi,
Can ne-one tell me the name of the movie w/ this song

"Maate manthramu
Manase bandhamu......"

I don't rem. the actors in it but it was from the '80s.....music I think was IR's.......this song has the Hindu boy marrying a Christian girl.....glad if ne-one cud help me w/ this query........tks! :D

Sudarshan C R
3rd July 2005, 08:04 PM
Hello Lordstanher

The song 'maate mantramu manase bandhamu' is from the the film
'Seethakoka chiluka' sung by SBP and S P Shailaja. Music by Ilaya raja. The song link is here:
http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/searchresults.asp
A song 'Sagara sangamame' also from the same movie.
Happy listening.

lordstanher
3rd July 2005, 08:11 PM
Tks again for ur help Sudershan!
Another song I'm listening to after a long time.......! :D
I just luv the background music itself.....typical IR's tunes!
'often wish I'd grown up during those days when I cud've listened to such songs when they were new, considering most of the present day tel. music! :(

lordstanher
12th July 2005, 10:37 AM
Hello,

I've a few songs again tat I need help in identifying the movie names of:

Song: "Kallalo unnadhedho kallala-ke telusu"
Sung by S. Janaki I think.....

Song: "Madhura murali pranaya ravali.......ee brinda vihara lona.......yevaru unnaru radhamma kanna" sung by SPB & Janaki, music Illayaraja......

Song: "Neela megha loni sarigama vinnava" sung by SPB & Janaki, lyrics by Veturi (I think), music dir. ?

Song: "Maate rani chinna dani" sung by SPB, music Illayaraja

Song: "Ra ra donga sami...." sung by SPB & chorus(?), music Illayaraja (actually saw the movie w/ this song last night but cudn't know the movie name as I can't read Telugu!)......

Wud be glad if neone cud try & let me know the names of the movies these songs r in!

Sudarshan C R
12th July 2005, 09:10 PM
Hello Lordstanher,

The song details you are asking for is follows:

1. kallalo unnadedo - film : Anthuleni katha
tALikattu shubha vela, a popular song also from this film

2. madhura murali ravali - film :oka radha iddaru krushnulu

3. mATe rAni chinnadAni kallu palike osalu (breathless song)
film : O papa lali

All the above songs are available on "All indiansites.com"
Musicindiaonline, Raaga.com

remaining 2 songs - give some more details to find out.

rajeshkrv
12th July 2005, 10:43 PM
Next Telugu pick

" Aada Jenmaku " by P.suseela

Movie : Dalapthi
Lyrics: Rajasree

Dalapathi - dubbed from tamil (Mamooty,Rajini starrer)

This is the telugu equivalent of "chinnathayaval thanda " by S.Janaki in tamil.

Both are good in their own ways.

telugu version -PS at her best

listen and enjoy

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/aadajanmaku.rm

raj

lordstanher
13th July 2005, 09:42 AM
Hello Lordstanher,
The song details you are asking for is follows:

1. kallalo unnadedo - film : Anthuleni katha
tALikattu shubha vela, a popular song also from this film

2. madhura murali ravali - film :oka radha iddaru krushnulu

3. mATe rAni chinnadAni kallu palike osalu (breathless song)
film : O papa lali

All the above songs are available on "All indiansites.com"
Musicindiaonline, Raaga.com

remaining 2 songs - give some more details to find out.

Tks again Sudershan,

I did ask abt these in a PM to u.....not sure if u'd rec'd it so posted the request here.......newyas, good to hear these songs again......!
I cudn't find them on raaga.com but found most of them on allindiansite.com......

Reg. the remaining 2 songs, sorry but tats all the details I'm familiar with......wud be glad if ne-one else cud find out & let me know ne time.......

RATHEESH
14th July 2005, 08:12 PM
CAN SOME1 tell me the date of birth of TELUGU ACTOR UDAY KIRAN WITH YEAR.

rajeshkrv
25th July 2005, 09:59 AM
Next Telugu pick

" Jorumeedhunnavo Tummeda" by P.Suseela

Movie: Sivaranjani
Music: Ramesh naidu
Lyrics: Dr.C.Narayana Reddy

Sivaranjani - Jayasudha lived the character of sivaranjani
Ramesh naidu gave some excellent songs

Jorumeedhu is a beautiful lullaby, Chandamama by PS is another beautiful song
and Navami naati by PS,SPB is a perfect duet..

listen to this mesmerizing lullaby

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/jorumeedhunnavu.rm

raj

Sudarshan C R
25th July 2005, 06:18 PM
hello rajesh

In kannada also there is a song ' jaaneyagiru nanna mallige'
sung by P Sushila for the film 'Dharma daari thappitu'(1981)
music was given by Shri Ramesh Naidu. The tune is same for both the songs. Unfortunately no website is having the kannada song.
Lyrics by R N Jayagopal.

lordstanher
31st July 2005, 03:01 PM
Hi again,
Cud ne-one help me identify the movies where these songs come in:

-Adhi bhikshu-vaadini emi koreadi........emi koreadi, athanni emi adigedhi......sung by SPB & I think music was by K V Mahadevan

-Na vishwasam gamanam........vipanchi-vai vinipinchithivi nee gamanam.......sung by SPB, Sailaja(?)......music again by K V Mahadevan I think......?

-Joruga usharuga shikaru podhama...haayi haayi-ga.......(no idea abt the singers or music director).........hope I got the lyrics right!

Tks in advance for ur help! :D

rajeshkrv
1st August 2005, 01:43 PM
Next Telugu Pick

"Manasu parimalinchane aahaa
Thanuvu paravasinchane "

Movie: Sri krishnarjuna yuddham
Music: Pendyala Nageswararao
Lyrics: Pingali Nagendra rao

a beautiful song ..

Sri krishnarjuna yudham had ANR,B.Sarojadevi,NTR in lead roles.

This is such a beautiful tune set by Pendyala and Both Ghantasala &P.Susheela have rendered beautifully .. a class

you can read the lyrics
from
http://www.ghantasala.info/lyrics/lyric_00092.html

also read about the movie
from
http://www.ghantasala.info/classic_movies/karj.html

courtesy: ghantasala.info

listen to this breezy romantic duet

http://tfmpage.com/stream/ifm/manasuparima.rm

lordstanher, Adhibikshu by SPB is from sirivennila music by KVM

let me bring it as one of the tel pick

raj

Sudarshan C R
1st August 2005, 08:38 PM
hello lordstanher

The song details are as under:

1. Film - sirivennela - song (Adhi bikshu)
This week's tel song pick by Rajesh is from the same film.
2. more details please
3. Film - jooruga hushaaruga (title song) - Latest film

Both songs are available on Telegubiz.com

lordstanher
4th August 2005, 11:22 AM
Tks Rajesh & Sudershan,

Abt the song "Joruga Husharuga".....I thot it was from an old '50s film?? I rem. hearing it just once on radio.......

Anwyays, the song "Vipanchivai vinipinchithivi nee gamanam" is a very popular one......the actress is Suhasini & the actor (don't know him) acts as a blind man & musician in this film.......there's also a lot of flute music in this song........
Apologies if I got the lyrics wrong but the beginning lines of this song r like this:
"Sara-saswata suma shareera madhanam saama veda saram-idhi,
vinnan-ee jeevana geetham, ee geetham.......Vipanchivai vinipinchithivi nee gamanam"........
Also I think the singer was P Suseela, not Sailaja....sorry for my earlier mistake!
Hope these details prove sufficient?........

Sudarshan C R
6th August 2005, 09:02 PM
hellor lordstanher,

your quiery about the song 'vipanchinai vinipinchitivai nee gaanam'
is from the film ' Sirivennela'.
But the song starts with 'Vidhata thalapuna'
song link is here

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/A0000054.html

lordstanher
6th August 2005, 11:07 PM
Thanks again Sudershan!
Yes this is indeed the song I was referring to! Sorry I wasn't aware of the actual lyrics at the beginning.......inspite of having heard this song a no. of times from my childhood, I never rem'd the lyrics properly!
This movie also has another song tat I used to like in my childhood- Chandamama raave.....jabbili raave! :D

rajeshkrv
11th August 2005, 01:40 PM
Next Telugu Pick

" Kalaya Nizama tholi reyi " by Illayaraja & P.Suseela

Movie: Coolie no 1
Lyrics: Veturi sundaramurthy

Coolie no 1 was the debut for tabu in telugu. Hero was venkatesh..

the main + was IR's music.

All songs were superb

Today's song is a lovely duet by PS & IR..

dont miss it.

http://raretfm.com/ifm/kalayanijama.rm

raj

Sanjeevi
12th August 2005, 07:23 PM
Hi, I am from TN,

Can anybody tell me about the current music trend of telugu films?

gaddeswarup
17th August 2005, 02:23 PM
In another thread one of the moderators RR suggested that I post the links to some old Telugu songs here. Here are some links of which the first is my favourite (the updates contain many songs by M.L. Vasantakumari, Saluri Rajeswara Rao, Rao Balasaraswati Devi):
http://www.oldtelugusongs.com/
http://www.surasa.net/
http://www.ghantasala.info/
http://www.andhravilas.com/dynamicindex.asp
The next is a discussion group in which there are some very knowledgeable people like Sri Paruchuri Sreenivas who can answer most questions about old film songs up tp 60's.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtelugusongs/
Some of the people involved have also a site of Hindi songs of the same vintage:
http://www.indianscreen.com/
Swarup

rajeshkrv
24th August 2005, 08:43 AM
Next Telugu pick

"Haayi haayiga aamani saage" by Jikki and ghantasala

Movie:Swarna sundari
Music: P.Aadi narayanarao
Lyrics: Samudrala sr

Swarna sundari is the tel equivalent of Manalane Mangayin bakkiyam

in telugu ANR replaced Gemini rest all the same.

In tamil this song was Thesulavudhe Then malarale by GS & PS.

in telugu it was jikki and GS and in hindi it was Rafi & Latha .

All the versions were too good.

listen to the telugu version- Jikki at her best

http://raretfm.com/ifm/haayihaayi.rm

listen and enjoy

raj

rajeshkrv
4th September 2005, 11:20 PM
Next Tel pick

' Jummandhi naadham sayyandhi padham ' by P.susheela & SPB

Movie: siri siri muvva
Music:K.V.Mahadevan

A brilliant song for which PS won her national award ..

siri siri muvva directed by K.Vishwanath had Jayapradha,Chandramohan in lead

this film was remade in hindi with Jayapradha and rishikapoor

a must listen song

listen and enjoy
http://raretfm.com/ifm/jummandinaadham.rm

raj

lordstanher
8th September 2005, 11:21 PM
Hello,
Been quite a while since I visited this page.......
I've got queries for 2 old Tel. songs:
Can ne-one tell me the names of the movies w/ the following songs:

-Bujji Bujji papayi.......sung by Ghantasala

-Manasu teera navutu navutu navutu undaali......
Manamu rozu pandaga*3 cheyyali..........sung by P Suseela

-Kushalamaaaaa.....kushalama.....sung by SPB & PS I think- the actors in this '70s movie were Sobhan babu & Sharada.

Thanks in advance for ur help! :D

Pooh
10th September 2005, 11:50 PM
EEEQEFEQFDRTEEYEMNTRNFNNRENHYTEYH :lol:
QAHUDQWB :wink:

Sudarshan C R
12th September 2005, 09:12 PM
[tscii:e4c641aeb3]Hello Lordstanher

Your inquiry about 3 songs is as follows:

Bujji bujji papayi – song from Adabrathuku – by PB Sreenivos –not by Ghantasala

Kusalamaa kusalamaa – from Srikakula Andhra Mahavishnu – by Ghantasala & janaki
One more song from the film ‘bali peetham’ – kusalamaa neeku kusalamaa

These two songs are from old movies

The other one ‘manasu teera navvutu undali’ from the film ‘Honeymoon’ (2005) sung by Anil kiran & vijayalaxmi - not by susheela P

Pl search for songs on www.musicindiaonline.com and www.raaga com[/tscii:e4c641aeb3]

rajeshkrv
12th September 2005, 11:57 PM
Kusalama kusalama by PS & SPB from balipeetam was the one lordstanher asked for

lordstanher
13th September 2005, 09:48 AM
Hello Rajesh/Sudershan,
Tks for the info.......yes, Kusalama is from the movie Balipeetam as Rajesh says......
However, "Manasu Teera navvutu navvutu navvutu undali......manamu rozu panduga panduga panduga cheyyali" is actually a fmaous old song from a B/W movie sung by P suseela......the same tune from this song was made in Tamil.....

gaddeswarup
13th September 2005, 11:47 AM
I came across the following URL which mentions a Telugu film song. Does anybody remember the song? In case it is not printable, please ignore.
http://www.teluguworld.org/Writers/Ramakrishna/kuchipudi_2.html

" And a seesa padyam, with its wide latitude in prosodical structure could become indistinguishable from a song. In fact, Suresh Kolichala is fond of citing the example of a telugu movie song,

ArEsu kObOyi pArEsu kunnAnu; kOkettu kellindi konDa gAli ... which is half-of
a seesa line."
Swarup

rajeshkrv
16th September 2005, 06:58 AM
Next telugu pick

" Ye theega puvuno " by P.Suseela & Kamalhasan

Movie: Marocharithra
Music : MSV
Lyrics: Aathreya
Marocharitra directed by K.Balachander was the debut film for the wonderful actress Saritha .

KB went on to remake this in hindi and Ek duje ke liye was a runaway hit ..too..

MSV's music in the tel version is amazing

this song is the original of "Tere mere beech me"

listen and enjoy

http://raretfm.com/ifm/yetheega.rm

raj

RR
16th September 2005, 07:49 AM
Sounds like this was remade as 'hum bane' (not 'tere mere beech')

RR
16th September 2005, 08:03 AM
Just listened to 'jummadhi'. Good one in Revathi ragam.

gaddeswarup
20th September 2005, 04:28 AM
I came across the following link:
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2003/06/02/stories/2003060200880300.htm
Does anybody know links to Shubha's songs?
swarup

RR
20th September 2005, 07:49 AM
Swarup,
MusicIndiaOnline should have her songs. You can look under singers.

rajeshkrv
4th October 2005, 06:57 AM
Next Telugu pick

" Priya cheliya piliche mownama" by K.J.Yesudoss & P.Susheela

Movie: BRAHMARISHI VISWAMITRA
Music: Ravindra jain
Lyrics Dr.C.Narayana reddy

a beautiful semi classical song by PS & KJY

listen andenjoy

http://raretfm.com/ifm/priyacheliya.rm

raj

RR
5th October 2005, 12:41 PM
Great pick, Rajesh! Nice melody.. If only someone could post the meaning..

rajeshkrv
17th October 2005, 07:52 AM
Next Telugu pick

" Neeli megha maalavo" by P.B.Sreenivos & P.Susheela
Movie: Madana Kamaraju katha
Music: Rajan - Nagendra

RN lifted the tune from hindi(choudhvi kaa chand ho) . Both PBS & PS have sung beautifuly .. Feather touch is the word!!

listen and enjoy

http://raretfm.com/ifm/neelimeghamalavo.rm

rajeshkrv
25th October 2005, 03:11 AM
Next tel pick

" Himagiri Mandhira girija sundhara" by P.Susheela
Movie: Sathi sakkubai

Music: P.Aadinarayanarao

Anjali pictures Sathi sakkubai had Anjali,S.v.Rengarao and others in lead.

P.Aadhinarayanarao another music legend ..had given classic songs to both tel and tamil films had given great songs in this movie

listen to himagiri mandhira by PS she takes you to Lord directly

http://raretfm.com/ifm/himagirimandhira.rm

rajeshkrv
14th November 2005, 05:23 AM
Next tel pick

" Aakasha panthirilo Neeku naaku pellanta" by P.Susheela

Movie:Sri Rajeshwari vilas coffee club(1976)

Lyrics: Dasarathi

Sri Vijaya vauhini movies Sri rajeswari vilas coffee club had gr8 music

Listen to this enchanting melody by Smt.P.Susheela..

http://raretfm.com/ifm/aakashapanthirilo.rm

raj

RR
14th November 2005, 08:42 AM
Beautiful Sahana (actually a ragamalika).

jadaayu
15th November 2005, 04:30 PM
thanx but thre is no link for the songs

Lambretta
16th November 2005, 08:27 PM
Hi!
Can ne one help me w/ the names of these films these songs r from:

Thirumala Mandira Sundara (sung by P.Suseela)
Sri raghu ram, jaya raghu ram (sung by P B Srinivos)
I tried searching for them on musicindiaonline.com but the page in tat site is jus not getting displayed........!
Tks in advance! :D

Shakthiprabha.
18th November 2005, 01:00 PM
Anybody knows any person called

'POOSALA!'

I think he was a director. I mean any info bout him? Who was he? What was the movie he made? etc?

gaddeswarup
28th November 2005, 08:58 AM
[tscii:8eec7379d1]I might have missed the follwing link in this forum. This is from oldtelugusongs discussion group (message by sreenath Jonnavthula); the first link has an interview with P.Leela in Telugu.
"Listen: http://www.ghantasala.info/p_leela_interview/p_leela_interview.m3u
Download: http://www.ghantasala.info/p_leela_interview/p_leela_interview.mp3
You should also be sure to read Mrs.Satya Kabali's tribute at
http://www.dhool.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3661"
swarup
[/tscii:8eec7379d1]

gaddeswarup
16th December 2005, 02:19 AM
There is a request in a Telugu site:
"I am looking for sites, free or with a reasonable fee that provide music notes for Telugu songs, not just lyrics. "
Does anybody know about such sites. Thanks.
Swarup

rajeshkrv
26th December 2005, 11:41 AM
Next telugu pick

" Namo narasimha " by Balamurali krishna and P.Susheela

Movie: Baktha prahaladha
Music: S.Rajeswararao
Lyrics : Samudrala Sr.

Baktha prahalada - gave a unique status to baby actress rojaramani.
Film had Anjali devi, S.v.Rangarao,rojaramani,relangi and others

All songs for rojaramani were by PS and all were super hits

Balamurali himself played the role of naradha

this is a beautiful song by PS & BMK
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/ifm/namonarashimha.rm

listen and enjoy

raj

rajeshkrv
26th January 2006, 10:17 AM
Next Telugu pick

"Andhala oh Chilaka" by P.B.Sreenivos & P.Susheela

Movie: Letha manasulu(1966)
Music: M.S.Viswanathan
Lyrics:Dasarathi
AVM's Letha mansulu was the remake from the Tamil film
Kuzhandayum Deivamum .

both the tamil and telugu versions were directed by
veteran Krishnan-panju.

Jaishankar was replaced by harinath in telugu and biswajit in hindi

This film was made in all the 4 languages(Tamil,Telugu,Kannada & Hindi)

Baby padmini aka kutti padmini played the twin sisters (lalli &puppy) in tamil,tel & kannada while neetu singh(rishi kapoor's wife) played the role in hindi.

Jamuna played the bama role in tamil and telugu while mala sinha played the role in hindi.

G.varalakshmi's role was played by lalita pawar in hindi

Baby padmini gave a wonderful performance
and MSV's music was the great +

especially Anubhuvam pudhumai(andhala oh chilaka),
kuzhandayum deivamum(Pillulu devudu callani vade),
kozhi oru kootile (kodi oka konalo)
enna vegam sollu bama(hello madam satyabama)

PBS was chosen for harinath ,
PBS was singing for 2'nd heroes like jaggiah etc.

It was apt choice for harinath.

both PS & PBS have sung this song beautifully

listen and enjoy

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/ifm/andhalaohchilaka.rm

raj

Lambretta
30th January 2006, 09:09 PM
Baby padmini aka kutti padmini played the twin sisters (lalli &puppy) in tamil,tel & kannada while neetu singh(rishi kapoor's wife) played the role in hindi.
Rajesh, tks for the link to this melodious song! :D
However, may I point out tat when I saw the Hindi version (Do kaliyan) of this movie, the name of the child actress was given as baby padmini even in this one!

especially Anubhuvam pudhumai(andhala oh chilaka),
Sorry for pointing out again, but the song in Tamil was Anbulla Manvizhiye....

rajeshkrv
30th January 2006, 10:18 PM
thanks for the correction

it was my mistake

Lambretta
25th February 2006, 11:17 PM
Dear all,
Cud neone plse. tell me the name of the movie w/ this song: "Peru cheppana.....nee roopa cheppana"......it has Kamal Hasan & Sridevi in it & playback by SPB & S Janaki....no idea abt the Music. Dir. but poss' Illayaraja?
It seemed to be a '70s movie.....& I think was dubbed from a Tamil movie as I've heard this song in Tamil too.....
Many tks in advance! :D

-Lamby

SenorJalapeno
27th February 2006, 10:05 PM
I've been out of the country for more than a decade and mostly in places where Indian Movies are impossible to find. There are a few sites where one may listen to a decent selection of Telugu Music and I frequent a few of them quite often.

I have to confess that I am not qualified to critique a certain song, its melody or even its lyric. I think I am more interested in the esoteric and the assorted memories that each song evokes in me. For instance, Siri Malle Neeve a song from the Movie Pantulamma is one of my perennial favorites. I have never seen the movie but for some strange reason, each time I listen to the song, I remember being at an exact place and at an exact time. Probably because that was where I first heard the song. I remember being in my school uniform, in a rickshaw, a few hundred meters from the Kondayyapalem Railway Crossing in Kakinada. Its around four in the afternoon. I see a temple and people sitting on the small verandah in front and a few buffalos tied next to this small well. Are all these memories exact or have I inadvertently chosen select images from my distant past and forced them together to form a cohesive -albeit nonauthentic- memory? Honestly, I don't really care. Each time I hear the song, I re-live a small tidbit of my childhood and that memory opens the floodgates for so many others -of friends and cricket and tadpoles in shallow puddles in between the roots of the banyan tree and the sompapidi in the small glass case with a solitary light bulb and the toothless old-woman that sold small mis-shapen guavas...

Some songs mean nothing than mere music and more noise. Then there are those songs that warm your soul and add zest to life.

rajeshkrv
3rd March 2006, 10:31 AM
Telugu version of thookam un kangalai was also sung by SJ

Movie: gudi gantalu
music: ghantasala

Gudigantalu was the tel version of Aalayamani

Film had NTR,Sarojadevi,jaggiah,vasanthi and krishnakumari and others

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/ifm/neekanudoyine.rm

Lambretta
3rd March 2006, 08:51 PM
Dear Rajesh,
Cud u also plse. answer my latest query?
Tks

SenorJalapeno
6th March 2006, 08:51 AM
Rajesh, thank you for Neekanudoyine. I have never heard that song before, and haven't been able to stop since. If only someone could explain what Neekanudoyine means. My telugu is not quite what it used to be. I tried to get the lyrics. Would someone please offer an interpretation?

Nee kanudoyene niddhuranai
Manasuna puche santhinai
Yedbayani needaga thodavuthaa
Ne kalalaku nene jodavuthaa

Nee kalalanni navoyi
Na yavvana ragam needoyi
Valapula gudilo ghantalu mroge
Jantaga rammani pilichaye
Irivurine pilichaye

Nee kanudoyine nidduranai
Manasuna puche santhinai

Kaatuka kalle kaanukagaa
Naa buggalo sigge haarathigaa
Hrudayamu neeke ankithamosage
Nee bigi kaugili cheredhano
Orikedhano karigedheno

Kollywoodfan
26th March 2006, 12:28 AM
Has anyone heard Pournami films songs...pretty good

they have a song in it Muvvala Navakala...which is the song of the NVNV bro-sister theme/background music ...I guess since it's PD's film anyway...

that's such a good concept...taking an awesome background music and instead of it going to waste having the same music director/director make into a full song in and of itself...it sounds great...

http://www.musicmazaa.com/telugu/aSongslist.php?movie=Pournami

Raikkonen
30th March 2006, 09:30 AM
Bangaram songs are excellent..
Vidyasagar won national award last year with Swarabishegam, this year he is will be the composer of biggest blockbsuter of the year..

kksrinivasarao
16th April 2006, 07:43 AM
hi

kksrinivasarao
17th April 2006, 04:36 AM
gsdf

kksrinivasarao
17th April 2006, 04:41 AM
hi

Kollywoodfan
19th April 2006, 04:06 AM
Has anyone listened to Pokiri and Pournami songs...they are nice, really catchy...esp Pokiri songs... :D :D

rajeshkrv
17th July 2006, 10:23 AM
Next telugu pick

"Karunaleni" by Ps

Movie: Bhakta prahaladha
Music: S.Rajeswararao
Lyrics:Samudrala

bhakta prahalada had Roja ramani in the title character
Anjali devi & S.V.Rangarao played the parents characters.

all songs for prahaladha was by PS and Rajeswararao's music
mind blowing
listen & enjoy
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/ifm/karunaleni.rm

raj

ramky
17th August 2006, 10:20 PM
Saw songs video of VIKRAMARKKUDU, and liked the catchy number, "Jinthatha chitha chitha" in which Ravi Teja & Anoushka dance well. nice tempo in the beat. in this song, Ravi Teja makes a slapping movement with his hands ( to indicate a blow for the bad guys, or that he will bash them up i guess ) and later the heroine also shows that hand slapping to the villain in the climax.

ramky
2nd September 2006, 07:16 PM
Watched songs of DEVADASU ( *ing Illeana & Ram ). The song "Adigi Adagaleka" is a melody with hummable music & well picturised at scenic locales in US ! :clap:

Other songs i liked :
telusa telusa -> fast tempo
hey babu Enti sangathi -> melody
aagE chittaga & EthO kaavali -> also nicely paced
bangaram -> fast beat

ramky
19th September 2006, 06:07 AM
POKIRI:

( Music Director - Mani Sharma )

1. SamaremE - fast paced number with catchy guitar accompaniment :clap:

2. Gala Gala Parathune - melodious :musicsmile:

3. Chalega Chalega - visually sensuous, music similar to Rap !

4. Na Maante Vintara ( 'Ippadikinta' ) - item number :P

5. Chudadantunna ( Sariyo Sariyo ) - nice tempo & dance movements !

6. Deva Deva Deva - song ok, Mahesh Babu dances well !

all songs picturised on Mahesh Babu & Ileana !

SenorJalapeno
6th October 2006, 10:03 PM
Hi:

I know this is out of turn and abrupt but I am trying to find an old song: Neeli Meghamaalavo. I think it was sung by Mukesh and P. Susheela but I may be wrong. Does anyone know anything about this song- Movie, Year, etc.,

rajeshkrv
7th October 2006, 01:31 AM
senorjalapeno,

i already posted this song here
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=877&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

song was sung by PBS and P.Susheela

listen the song here
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/ifm/neelimeghamalavo.rm

Erica
11th October 2006, 11:28 PM
Has anyone listened to Pokiri and Pournami songs...they are nice, really catchy...esp Pokiri songs... :D :D

i liked pokiri songs better than pournami. Mahesh is awesome :D
esp. the item number ipadikinta where Mahesh starts to dance in the middle of the song :thumbsup: His movements were so gentle and effortless. Mumait Khan was :evil: :banghead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBuKwZA6YoE

ramky
13th October 2006, 06:06 PM

esp. the item number ipadikinta where Mahesh starts to dance in the middle of the song :thumbsup: His movements were so gentle and effortless. Mumait Khan was :evil: :banghead:

Erica : yep, Pokiri's music ( by Mani Sharma ) :musicsmile: is catchy.
and i too felt Mahesh Babu's dance was good 8-).
:arrow: see prev page for my post on Pokiri music.
Click here to read my review of Pokiri :). (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8000&start=0)

Erica
17th October 2006, 08:21 PM
Yes Ramky :D, ur review is so neat. have watched the video songs of pokiri many times. Mahesh and Illeana make a good pair on screen. Illeana has to improve her dancing and Mahes just rocks :thumbsup:

ramky
19th October 2006, 10:34 AM
thnx Erica :)

pradeep2006
2nd December 2006, 12:39 AM
Song: "Madhura murali pranaya ravali.......ee brinda vihara lona.......yevaru unnaru radhamma kanna" sung by SPB & Janaki, music Illayaraja this is from movie "oka radha iddaru krishnulu"

Song: "Neela megha loni sarigama vinnava" sung by SPB & Janaki, lyrics by Veturi (I think), music dir. ? The line actually goes like this "Veena venu vaina sarigama vinnava... music by Rajan-nagendra

Song: "Maate rani chinna dani" sung by SPB, music Illayaraja is from "O papa lali"

rajeshkrv
13th January 2007, 07:43 AM
Next pick

"Mrogindhi kalyana veena" by PS & SPB

movie: gurukshetram
music: S.Rajeswararao

song was picuturised on krishna and jayapradha..

b'ful song by PS & SPB and awesome music by Saluri rajeswararao

listen and enjoy

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/ifm/mrogindhikalyaana.rm

Fantastic4
1st February 2007, 08:38 PM
Hi Guyz..

Have you heard songs from latest telugu movies..Anand and Godavari.. Truely melodious...

From Anand - Yamuna Teeram
Frem Godavari - Uppongene Godavari..

too good and it gives immense pleasure in listening to such a melody after a long time .... Radha Krishna is the MD for both these films...

ssanjinika
12th February 2007, 06:30 AM

Totally agreed!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mirattalji
18th June 2007, 12:53 PM
AAta songs are decent

gaddeswarup
17th July 2007, 04:41 PM
Interesting old song in telugu by by N.S. Krishnan and T.N.Maghram:
http://www.oldtelugusongs.com/cgi-bin/search2/search.pl
I remember seeing their movies in the forties. There must be some more songs by them in Telugu.

gaddeswarup
25th October 2007, 01:49 PM
This is a song of K. Jamuna Rani which I heard in the seventies. A few lines are:
"kanne vayasu cinnAri sogasu,kalalu panDE manasu
lEta hRdayam Ananda nilayam
sAgenoka talapu nAlO rEgenoka valapu",
Does anybody know more about the song like which film, complete lyrics etc. Thanks.

lovedeva_pj
15th November 2007, 03:04 AM
Ratnagiri rahasya
Is this film produced in all three language ( kannada , tamil, telugu) or it produced in one language and dupped in other language

================================================== ============
Please visit the web site for oldies (songs videoclips, articles etc)

http://www.goldentamilcinema.com

gaddeswarup
30th January 2008, 07:16 PM
It seems to be 'Thangamalai Ragasyam ' in Tamil. I am not sure whether there is a Telugu version. Some of the actors (heros) in Tamil and Kannada versions are different. Director B.R. Pantulu. That from google search; I have not seen either version.

Plum
30th September 2008, 08:54 PM
Kaalai Vayasu Kattana Sizu from Deivapiravi in Tamil. Telugulo - thelavadhandi

ajithfederer
17th February 2009, 03:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QozoiF5zkT4&feature=related

:musicsmile: :)

ganny_nayagan
8th April 2009, 08:02 PM
Hi guys, im a tamilian. I totally dont understand telugu but language is not a barrier for me to enjoy good songs. Recently i listen to Telugu billa songs, not all but some of them are good songs. So, Can anyone update me(most of the times, if u dont mind) by letting me know wat are the telugu movies that contain good songs, pre and post billa?

my email id: ganny_naayagan@yahoo.com

thanks

salem.saravanan
9th April 2009, 01:15 AM
where can i get subtitles fr telugu movies???

Dilbert
2nd August 2009, 08:40 PM
Any reviews on Magadeera..??

Dilbert
4th August 2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-magadheera.html

equanimus
4th February 2010, 05:15 PM
"Siri Malle Neeve" (Pantulamma): A very pleasant melody. Composed by Rajan-Nagendra duo (வாம்!). Reminds me of Ravindra Jain quite a bit. (Not sure if there's any specific similarity in style or it's just the music of the era.) But it also reminds me of a particular song, but I'm just not able to put my finger on it.

And thanks a ton to Suresh sir (Sureshs65) for giving me a good collection of yesteryear some Telugu songs (SPB hits among other things).

gaddeswarup
5th February 2010, 12:45 PM
I saw this video of a Tamil song by T.M. Soundararajan in a Telugu blog. Apparently it is very difficult to sing and the author wonders (sort of) whether there are this kind of difficult songs in Telugu films.

gaddeswarup
5th February 2010, 12:46 PM
Oops! Forgot to give the link:
http://musicologistraja.blogspot.com/2009/08/blog-post_17.html

kid-glove
6th June 2010, 08:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3ib-8z5s5Y&feature=related

:rotfl3:

cepark
4th July 2010, 10:24 PM
Looking for ARR,s PULEE nd HJ,s ORANGE......

I think pulee audio rel on july 15... :thumbsup:

interz
28th August 2010, 10:51 PM
Bangaru Kodi petta.

remix in maghadeera sounds effed up, original however is better.

Telugu movie songs are not bad, i didnt listen to telugu songs untill last year.

Now i cant stop listening to atleast one telugu song a day.

interz
2nd September 2010, 11:11 PM
Yama Yamaha - Chirutha
Rajkumari - Ganesh
:bluejump: :redjump: :cheer: :happydance: :musicsmile: :pink:

interz
19th September 2010, 01:32 AM
Rama Rama Krishna
Thu Go Jilla

Both songs from Rama Rama Krishna, music by M M Keeravani.

GOOD SONGS.

srimal
26th September 2010, 10:21 PM
Mahesh Khaleja audio release (officially) tomorrow...

two of the songs released so far are really good..

interz
15th October 2010, 10:11 PM
I cant get Murari songs out of my mind. Well composed by Manisharma

Bhama Bhama, Alanati Bala, Cheppamma Cheppamma, Dum Dum Dum.

I dont understand a single word in telugu, but the melody and music is way too good.

srimal
15th October 2010, 11:24 PM
I cant get Murari songs out of my mind. Well composed by Manisharma

Bhama Bhama, Alanati Bala, Cheppamma Cheppamma, Dum Dum Dum.

I dont understand a single word in telugu, but the melody and music is way too good.

yeah.. romba nalla irukkum...

bhama bhaama song SPB padiruppaar... kalakkiruppar..as usual

interz
10th December 2010, 12:39 AM
Thaman doing good job in telugu.

Meesamunna Manmadhuda from RAGADA is a rocking song with superb music.

Sunil_M88
23rd December 2010, 03:46 PM
Andarlaga sung by Chitra from Kudirithe Kappu Coffee - Highly recommended!

raagadevan
2nd January 2011, 08:52 AM
Song: "andamaina vennelalona..."

Singers: K.J. Yesudas / Chithra

Music Director: K.V. Mahadevan

Movie: Assembly Rowdy

Actors: Mohan Babu / Divya Bharati

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkbIRcRqEBw

Subbu2010
22nd January 2011, 07:55 PM
i thnk here i can post it...

thamans mirapakay is supero super...gadhi thalupula and dhinaku dhin. :clap: brindavanam also some gud numbers..tamilayum kalakurar thambi.. :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
25th January 2011, 03:52 AM
Notebook - Chirugaalulatho sang by 2010 Indian Idol winner, Sreerama Chandra Mynampati.

Everyone should hear this song...

V_S
25th January 2011, 09:06 AM
The best telugu film song ever composed IMHO and my favorite. Siva Sankari ('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h52bKVbvfMg'). Excellent composition by the great Pendyala Nageshwara Rao and sung by Legendry Ghantasala gaaru from film Jagadeka Veeruni Katha. Very difficult song to sing, but for Ghantasala, it seems his second nature. Observe how Ghantasala gaaru starts from the lowest octave and how he slowly adds brigas and momentum to the song. The brigas and swaraas at the end are out of the world.
Only Ghantasala can match him. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Heavenly song composed in Raag Darbari Kanada with beautiful sitar and tabla backing perfectly. Not to forget NTR, he is always special for these kind of performances.
We don't get these songs today. :(

I would definitely add this song to Jaiganes 1000 songs thread if it were in Tamizh :)

Sunil_M88
20th February 2011, 01:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNd4mmCobog&feature=fvw

Sunil_M88
8th March 2011, 03:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlkrvJtSOYA

suvai
8th March 2011, 10:08 AM
v_s......what a song by Ghantasala avargal.....well knitted both carnatic & hindustani......thanks nga for sharing.

sunil.........#158 :thumbsup:

suvai
8th March 2011, 10:09 AM
rd nga.....i enjoyed # 153 :-) thank u

Sunil_M88
22nd April 2011, 05:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHr7uQlQkB4&feature=related

:musicsmile:

Thaman shares an excellent rapport with Ravi Teja.

Reethi gowlai shades are glaring and :clap: for Shankar and Shreya respectively.

suvai
23rd April 2011, 06:57 AM
:-) i like shankar M.....awesome song sunil......ty....enjoying it here!

Sunil_M88
16th May 2011, 07:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j42bLSKCiSM

This soft song is for you Usha ji

raagadevan
20th June 2011, 12:52 AM
"nagumOmu kanalEni..." - Thyagaraja's composition - Orchestration: K.V. Mahadevan - Movie: "Alladugaru" - Singer: K.J. Yesudas; accompanied by Poorana Chandar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T6hJKUqW1M

vithagan
1st August 2011, 07:42 AM
Hello Guru - Nirnayam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bmOvPXmwKg

Sunil_M88
15th September 2011, 02:13 AM
Kalavaramaye Madilo by Malayalam composer Sharreth, sung by Chithra mam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwcn8NujBEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwcn8NujBEQ

gaddeswarup
28th November 2011, 03:40 PM
Found the links:
Tamil version video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6sxsr_kalai-vayasu_music
Telugu versionjust the song http://www.sakhiyaa.com/anumanam-1961-%E0%B0%85%E0%B0%A8%E0%B1%81%E0%B0%AE%E0%B0%BE%E0%B 0%A8%E0%B0%82/

Sunil_M88
27th March 2012, 04:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Sl4mj0URE

Just the kind of song I need before going to sleep :musicsmile:

cokepepsi
27th March 2012, 07:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDZiC5H2jto&noredirect=1

raagadevan
27th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Just the kind of song I need before going to sleep :musicsmile:

Sunil:

Here is the original version! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSTABnTxytc

Sunil_M88
27th March 2012, 09:01 PM
wow, thanks raaga. theres also a tamil version of this song called Idhu Kadhal Varum from Vinayaka (2011)

ajithfederer
28th March 2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acaChkzRR7o&feature=related

Nice melody and Shreya :bow:

Sunil_M88
30th April 2012, 11:29 PM
I must confess that I’m finally out of the OKOK warp, I do still listen to it but now, Endhukante Premanta is occupying most of my music playtime.

Here is my review.

G. V. Prakash is the MD, so there are big expectations.

The first track is, Chill Out – Vijay Prakash, Andrea Jeramiah, Bigg Nikk and Maya.

A club song that iterates that life is too short, so make the most of it. It’s a youthful song, which could’ve easily fell in the routine trap but GVP cleverly experiments with ragas, swaras, and sargams all backed by a banging progressive and electro house arrangement. The approach is very Rahman-ish but definitely no copy!

The second track is, Cindrella – Rahul Nambiar and Meghna.

Wow, this has to be one of G. V. Prakash’s finest songs ever. There is a surprise element; the transition from the peppy pop rock to western classical completely took me back. The western portion is very Raaja-esque. Need I say more?

Kicko Gicko – Rahul Nambiar, Krish, ad Ranaina Reddy.

A song, where the arrangement takes the back seat, although the second interlude is might impressive. For me the highlight of the song was the melody and more so the energy put forth by the singers. The electro saw riff at the end tempts me to press play again.

Nee Choopule – Haricharan and Chaitra.

Now this is the GVP, who I’m crazy about. Recently, GVP has been churning a lot of haunting melodies. It’s fair to call him the Junior King or Prince of haunting melodies and the day is not far when he shall be crowned. Recently Poovin Manam, Chinnanchiru, Aariro, Pookal Pookum, Pirai Thedum... have proved this to the core. But bear in mind that these only are touching the surface, there are plenty of other soul stirring melodies by him which you could listen to countless times. These songs prove that GVP has created his own market with his own identity. Nee Choopule is just an addition to this list. My favourite track from the album by far and Haricharan sounds GVP-ish.

Yeigri Pove – Hemachandra and Chinmayee.

The last song of the album, it took me back to the early days of GVPs career. Don’t be surprised if you feel like listening to Kadhal Neru Pen from Veyil after you heard this track.

Overall, to say this album is great can only be answered by the test of time but it’s clear that GVP is leaving no stone unturned in terms of proving his versatility.

This is the review of the Telugu album, there is a Thamizh version called Yen Endraal Kaadha

Shakthiprabha
3rd August 2012, 12:36 PM
abhinava thaaravo, naa abhimaana thaaravo!

I prefer this pair and jayasudha dance better than sripriya!
Ofcourse lyrics in tamizh is equally grand!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7l3yhRoxCI&feature=related

gaddeswarup
9th August 2012, 03:48 AM
I enquired on Oldtelugu songs site and from the reply
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/oldtelugusongs/message/2702
it seems that she sang quite a few songs in Telugu:
beedala paaTlu:
O chilakaraajaa nee peLepuDayyaa chilakaraajaa
and
kanikaramadi kaladEni kala kaadanTEni
were big hits.
...she sang in almost all the films made by pakshiraja studios. Here is a
small list:

1. ammalakkalu - 1953
There are 5-6 songs of her in it. These should be widely available, also
on-line.
2. aggiraamuDu (1954) - 2 songs
raaraa yaSodaanandana and mandulOy mandulu
3. oka talli pillalu (1953)
So far no songs could be located from it. 4. In kaanchana (1952) she sang another 6 songs.
I wonder whether somebody can point out where some of these are available.

gaddeswarup
20th August 2012, 01:50 PM
Some links to T.G.Kamala Devi who passed away recently
http://gaddeswarup.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/tg-kamala-devi-rip.html

Madhu Sree
20th August 2012, 06:28 PM
Oh madhu from Julayi is very nice... :thumbsup:

Adnan sami :bow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFN9CzipgZ4

mabiqukaumo
1st November 2012, 05:41 PM
Awesome song from the movie "LIFE is BEAUTIFUL"

It's ur Love

:smokesmirk: :smile2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_5w2jXJd1E

mabiqukaumo
15th December 2012, 04:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=q9iN1V5RJz0

mabiqukaumo
17th December 2012, 10:55 AM
SVSC full tracks...the best telugu album in recent times

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uNwq2lVrGeA

cokepepsi
26th June 2013, 05:49 PM
thaman steals in padipoyanila (balapu)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10huv2_balupu-songs-padipoyanila-shruti-hassan-ravi-teja_fun

raagadevan
21st July 2013, 08:45 AM
Songs from KUNTIPUTRUDU (1993) - Music: iLaiyaraaja

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUhumEefyg8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh3FR67bgX8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bQcFxI2A04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTdxaYQYA-c

mabiqukaumo
19th December 2013, 09:41 PM
1-Nenokkadine Full Songs JukeBox DSP - MAHESH for the first time.. superb album :thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ3rF7PW7HA

rajraj
23rd January 2014, 08:17 AM
A. Nageswara Rao passed away.

May his soul rest in peace.

Here is a song from Devadas, a popular movie of the 50s.

Kudi Yadamaithe....

youtube link : wXDEANzTot0

RR
15th March 2014, 08:42 PM
Song : Inni Raasula yuniki
Movie : Sruthilayalu
Banner: Sudarshan Cine Enterprises
Producer: Karunakar, Sudhakar
Director: K Viswanath
Cast : Raj Shekar, Sumalatha
Music : KV. Mahadevan
Lyricist: Annamayya
Singers : S P Balu, Vani Jayaram

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wxj5O0EWSo

Meaning in the attachment (captured off the web)

suvai
15th March 2014, 11:50 PM
hello nga rr....#185 what a lovely song especially when u hear it again after reading the meaning....:-) thank u for a special song....

raagadevan
20th March 2014, 08:52 PM
I did not even know about the movie Shruthilayalu until the late 1990s, probably because this one was not much hyped up as the other K. Viswanath movies. I was pleasantly surprised when I first heard the songs; they were as good as the other K.V. Mahadevan compositions for Telugu movies of those days. Of particular mention are "inni raasula yuniki..." (dubbed into Tamil as "என்றுமே நல்ல ராசி...") and "telavaradEmO swaami... ("thirunaaLum varumO swaami..." in Tamil).

RR
20th March 2014, 09:54 PM
RD,

Ditto here. Should thank Ramki and local tv station for getting to see this movie. Here are all the songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMVnyWvbXuE

raagadevan
25th March 2014, 08:30 AM
Movie: SwarabhishEkam ( స్వరాభిషేకం) (2004)
Director: K. Viswanath
Song: anujudai Lakshmanudu...
Music: Vidyasagar
Starring: K. Viswanath & Srikanth
Singers: K.J. Yesudas & S.P. Balasubramanyam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAU497xGDSc

RR
26th March 2014, 09:32 AM
Never heard this one before. KJY & SPB is definitely a rare but welcome combination! But I felt the song resembles adhri suthavara (gaanam) a lot. (picturisation also too senti.)

raagadevan
2nd April 2014, 04:57 AM
Here is an audio link to the Tamil version of "Inni Raasula yuniki..." from SRUTHILAYALU:

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=440915&PHPSESSID=de5ac71e8f268560130d731668297255

rajeshkrv
2nd April 2014, 05:28 AM
sruthilayalu was isaikku oru kovil in tamil

here is the link for thirunaalum varumo swami

http://psusheela.org/audio/ra/tamil/all/thirunaalum_varumo_swamy.ram

raagadevan
19th May 2014, 10:41 PM
maanava sEva drOhamaa... (extended version)

RUDRAVEENA (1988) / K. Balachander / Chiranjeevi - Gemini Ganesan / Ilaiyaraja / K.J. Yesudas

(Source: www.iDreamMedia.com)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i68656_fNzE

Ilaiyaraja won the National Award for Best Music Director for RUDRAVEENA.

raagadevan
20th September 2014, 05:52 PM
My favourite ANR number is…

http://www.thehindu.com/features/cinema/my-favourite-anr-number-is/article6426614.ece?homepage=true

raagadevan
3rd December 2014, 11:09 AM
K.J. Yesudas sings at the SWARABHISHEKAM program on July 6, 2014; the original classic
composed by K.V. Mahadevan for the 1987 K. Viswanath movie SWARALAYALU...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UymWE_GW_1A

raagadevan
17th July 2015, 08:29 AM
Rest In Peace M.S. Viswanadhan...

Song: "mounamE nee bhasha Oh mooga manasaa..."
Movie: Guppedu Manasu (1979)
Directed by: K. Balachander
Lyrics: Acharya Atreya
Music: M.S. Viswanadhan
Singer: M. Balamuralikrishna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPv2SJ5Q2KY

raagadevan
12th January 2017, 07:16 AM
On his 77th birthday, K.J. Yesudas lists his favorites of his own Telugu songs...

పల్లవి: ఆకాశదేశానా.. ఆషాడమాసానా...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDb67BTbvmY

దారి చూపిన దేవతా...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeaEVNcdfYI

raagadevan
5th June 2017, 11:08 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v16ehQuvww

Click on "Watch on YouTube"! :)

raagadevan
10th June 2017, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0WtRiaLlHA
Click on "Watch on YouTube"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glpCjhDj9ns

raagadevan
3rd December 2017, 05:56 AM
jiyangari inti sogasaa... K.J.Yesudas & Kalpana Live at ETV Swarabhishekam - July 13, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlUiYhvFwh8

Movie version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl5wuRHG2Oo&feature=player_embedded

Movie: Aparichithudu - Music Director : Harris Jayaraj - Raagam: Naattai
Lyrics : Bhuvana Chandra,Chandra Bose - Singers : K.J.Yesudas, Harini

rajraj
12th September 2018, 08:02 AM
From Alludugaru

Kondalalo nelakonna........

https://youtu.be/2hWX5xeBJGU