PDA

View Full Version : Film Stats & Assorted queries

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

RR
19th December 2004, 09:55 AM
Use this topic for asking queries like who is the director, who played the hero, etc. Pls do not create new topics for each query.

Querida
27th December 2004, 11:24 AM
i just want to learn more about the actor Mohan have watched many of his films...but he seems to have virtually disappeared....

Surya
28th December 2004, 09:02 AM
Querida,
He took a movie a few years back, I think in the late 90's, in which he was the Hero. He sold his house, his wife's jewelery, etc, to finance the movie. The movie unfortunately flopped, and went down in the Hall of Shame. So he went completly broke. He borrowed money and produced a Tamil TV Seriel called "Acham Madam. Naanam, Brindhavanam." That went for about a year. (Average for a TV seriel) I think that he's just producing other TV seriels now, in other Chan's.

Regards. 8)

cucushock
31st December 2004, 07:30 PM
Posting deleted - spamming

meerar
17th January 2005, 08:55 PM
Hi,

Have a bet with my friend.
Who is the girl in the SEENA THAANA song? Please help!!!!

Meera

RR
17th January 2005, 09:37 PM
Her name is Ragasya - apparently a bombay belly dancer.

madhu
28th January 2005, 08:05 PM
Hi !

In the old film "Meera" of MS - who played the role of "Thunai Senathipathi" of Maharana ? I mean the assistant of Balaiah ?
is it MGR or MG Chakrapani ?

RR
28th January 2005, 08:25 PM
madhu,
how old are you? Is that your koLLu pEran in the pic? :lol:

madhu
29th January 2005, 08:06 AM
RR : idhu aanalum romba aniyaayam .. adhu naan innum konjam vayasu ana piragu eppadi iruppen enru yosithu potta avatar !!!! :lol:

Surya
1st February 2005, 09:18 AM
How did Giri (2004) starring Arjun, Reema Sen, Vadivelu.....
do according to money?

arr
1st February 2005, 11:16 AM
How did Giri (2004) starring Arjun, Reema Sen, Vadivelu.....
do according to money?

A moderate hit

RR
1st February 2005, 12:26 PM
Surya, it's supposedly one of the top 10 hits of last year. A much-needed break for both Arjun & Sundar C. After this, Sundar C. has 3 movies on hand and.... also planning to act as hero in his home production. Yaarai vittudhu aasai!

Surya
2nd February 2005, 07:23 AM
Thanks for the info.
Giri is one of my favs!

Sundar C is doing "London" Right? With Prashant?

Surya
6th February 2005, 12:31 PM
How was Ezhumalai in the BO? I saw it yesterday on Sun TV. Didn't like it. But it had all of the ingredients for a hit.

Pras
9th February 2005, 02:44 PM
ezhumalai, i think was a flop movie ...

suriya, are you a fan of Arjun ? did you his latest dubbed movie anumaan ??? a real good movie ! ... i mean, i liked it for arjun, his acting was superb ... but i don't know if you like "bakthi padam" of not ...

arr
11th February 2005, 09:36 AM
Can you give me the list of tamil actor's salaries !!

Pras
11th February 2005, 10:30 AM
i got a question on the ajith starrer vaali (no guys, i am not starting a new vijay vs ajith crap thread :P )

I just want to know why this movie's name is vaali ? :shock:

Surya
11th February 2005, 10:42 AM
Because Sugrevan's elder brother Vaali, kidnapes Sugrevan's wife. (in puranas)

Since the same goes in the story also, i guess they decided to name ti vaali.

Pras
11th February 2005, 05:33 PM
Thanks Suriya, I knew there were an explaination like this, but not really what ;) ... now, I know the truth :D

arr
15th February 2005, 09:45 AM
Is this movie Solli Adippen released??

Cinefan
16th February 2005, 04:23 PM
arr,I think you are referring to the movie in which Vivek is the hero with Chaya Singh&Tejasri are the heroines.It's not been released yet.

arr
18th February 2005, 09:16 AM
arr,I think you are referring to the movie in which Vivek is the hero with Chaya Singh&Tejasri are the heroines.It's not been released yet.

Yaa.. I asked about that movie only!!
I wanted to see that movie.. so I asked!!

hamster
18th February 2005, 10:34 AM
Aloha ! Excuze me, there was this recent documentary on our TV network that showed the awful poverty & starvation in India. It seems that the public are severely malnourished and use the streets as latrines as they cannot afford to construct toilets in their houses. They do not do any useful or contructive work, but spend all their time from 8 am to 8 pm and whatever little money they have for watching Films, TV serials & Beauty paegents,
hence they cannot afford to buy food or build toilets for themselves. Thus, the only wealthy people in India are the Film Stars & Beauty Queens who are the only ones that can afford food & have toilets, and thus have the sole privilege of defecating in toilets instead of on the street like the rest of the public. Is this correct ?

Kumar
18th February 2005, 12:34 PM
They do not do any useful or contructive work, but spend all their time from 8 am to 8 pm and whatever little money they have for watching Films, TV serials & Beauty paegents,
hence they cannot afford to buy food or build toilets for themselves.
......., and thus have the sole privilege of defecating in toilets instead of on the street like the rest of the public. Is this correct ?

Not true. Because if they don't do anything constructive, where do they get the money from?

I also saw a documentary where people without jobs in India can find work in the movie industry as artisans, side actors, cleaners, transport workers, dress makers, caterers, make up asistance, removalists, repairmen, stunt doubles, lighting assistants,prop makers, carpenters, etc, etc, etc.

RR
20th February 2005, 02:06 PM
1. What is the 7G rainbow colony 'gundu' comedian's name? Suman Shetty?
2. Who is the girl in 'switch potta light eriyum' song in Dancer?

Querida
24th February 2005, 03:08 AM
hey i have two questions:

1. i watched Andha 7 Naatkal yesterday and i am so very sure that i have seen another version of it exactly point for point...it stars Ambika and Bhagayaraj...i don' know if it was a hindi remake or another version in tamil made...and i know it is not Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam which follow the same idea but is not what i am looking for....Can anyone help me? :D

2. hmmm this is more a language question...in the movie "Thendral" there is this wonderful song sung by Pushpavanam Kuppuswamy...i want to now what the word "thanduvaponae" means in the song please :D

Shakthiprabha.
24th February 2005, 11:01 AM
querida,

Antha 7 naatkal was remade in hindi as...

'WOH SAATH DIN' STARring ANIL KAPOOR AND PADMINI KOLAPURE

RR
24th February 2005, 08:17 PM
2. hmmm this is more a language question...in the movie "Thendral" there is this wonderful song sung by Pushpavanam Kuppuswamy...i wa
nt to now what the word "thanduvaponae" means in the song please..
Querida,
You mean thaandavakOnE, right? :) It refers to Lord Siva..
thaandavam - dance
kOn - king

Querida
25th February 2005, 08:06 AM
thanx for answering the questions so promptly guys...argh feel so imcompetent at my attempt at trying to spell :x :oops: :(

Querida
26th February 2005, 11:23 PM
What is the name of the actor who was the blind hero in that memorable Kadhal Oviyam with Radha.....I adore all the songs from that movie but do not know if he ever acted again...

madhu
26th February 2005, 11:42 PM
Hi Querida !

I think his name is Kannan !

mexicomeat
16th March 2005, 07:09 PM
What is the name of the actor who was the blind hero in that memorable Kadhal Oviyam with Radha.....I adore all the songs from that movie but do not know if he ever acted again...
his name is shankar

RC
16th March 2005, 08:46 PM

Like madhu said, his name is Kannan. I read somewhere that he is in Dubai.

Surya
22nd March 2005, 03:16 AM
\ 8-)

Miss Chennai
22nd March 2005, 05:14 AM
I think it's the media that creates the hype. Regardless of media hype, a movie suceeds only if the fans accept the movie :wink:

I think the truth is:
Attagasam - Average hit 8)
Ji - Flop :evil:

Nerd
25th March 2005, 10:53 AM
:fishgrin:

lancelot
20th April 2005, 04:07 PM
wat has hapend to Rajeev Menon and Vasanth???

where can i get the Dumm Dumm Dumm songs???

Thiru
21st April 2005, 12:23 AM
i dont know the answer for first question...
dum dum dum u can get it at coolgoose.com or register for free at indiamoviezone.com & download the wma version of the songs..

lancelot
21st April 2005, 12:35 AM
i want mp3
i'll see in coolgoose.com

thanx
u rock dude
hehe :D

lancelot
21st April 2005, 01:39 AM
Thiru dude!!!

was able to get only 1 song in coolgoose.com
any other sites u know???

hehe
:D

nickraman
21st April 2005, 01:51 AM
ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET MUMBAI XPRESS [HINDI] SONGS BESIDES BUYING? I'M SPECIFICALLY TALKING ABOUT DOWNLOADING/OR LISTENING? PLZ REPLY!

Alien
21st April 2005, 08:46 AM
Ha ha ha too naughty :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sorry huys didn't mean to create a Vijay vs Ajith crap thread. I'm a fan of neither

Besides all of the threads saying JI MEGA HIT, and JI SUPERHIT IN AFRICA etc etc. I wonder if Ajith's Attagasam and JI are real hits. Someone please clarify. R they? :)

Alien
21st April 2005, 08:47 AM
Yep his name is Kannan

Like madhu said, his name is Kannan. I read somewhere that he is in Dubai.

Alien
22nd April 2005, 06:16 PM
Does anyone know how much was Kamal,Sridevi,Rajni paid for the film 16 vayathinile? I know the true figures(got them from Bharathi raja himself). Anyone wanna guess?

Surya
23rd April 2005, 01:48 AM
8-)

Alien
23rd April 2005, 11:56 AM
Hey surya, c i'm not a fan of Vijay. I was just irritated with some of those Ajith fans' posts, thats why i posted/and posting some comments supportive of Sachein(Vijay), besides i heard it's a feel good romantic entertainer from a lot of my friends back in home. I do have a lot of preference for those sort of films than these mass hero stuff insensible films. And these ajith fans have made me an anti-Ajith, that's all.
And moreover these Ajith fans r too ridiculous on facts, Vijay is really enjoying a success in BO(no matter how crap his film is) after Rajni and Kamal.
I don't want to say where Ajith really stands, bcos then the person called "truth" will come and post replies for each and every line of my post. :x :P :P

Alien
23rd April 2005, 11:59 AM
Ha ha ha too naughty :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yes, Sadly I can't take credit for that, someone really did start a thread with that title! :lol2:

Oh i didn't know that, anyway i can't still stop laughing. :lol: :D :D

Alien
23rd April 2005, 12:56 PM
Hey surya, incidentally i came across an article says where Ajith currently stands in Distributors books. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13725288

I hope ajith fans won't enter this thread.

Surya
23rd April 2005, 11:38 PM
:lol: Yes! For me, both Ajith and Vijay fans have made me an ajith and vijay hater in this forum. And Crab aka Nickraman's rediculas posts have made me anti-mumbai express! :lol: I know what u mean! :wink:

Trust me Ajith and VJ fans are able to penetrate into any barrier annoy the hell out of it's inhabitants!! :lol:

lancelot
24th April 2005, 06:03 AM
very well said Surya, very well said
they need to cool it doen

hehe :D

rachel
24th April 2005, 07:47 AM
vasanth _luv wrote:

don't be so happy, actually i am reading your posts.
i already wrote reply to that above article.(from sify) i couldn't remember exactly which thread it was.
i think you have highlighted that news .

rachel
24th April 2005, 07:58 AM
attahasam was a decent hit.(refer sify website or indiaglitz)

ji was very good film as kasi had told(finally he was telling truth.)

Alien
24th April 2005, 09:49 AM
vasanth _luv wrote:

don't be so happy, actually i am reading your posts.
i already wrote reply to that above article.(from sify) i couldn't remember exactly which thread it was.
i think you have highlighted that news .

It was not me rachel, It's another guy with id vasanthkv
Would i post anyhting against ajith directly, that too with highlighting. :oops: :?

rachel
24th April 2005, 10:03 AM
vasanth_luv wrote:

It was not me rachel, It's another guy with id vasanthkv
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! :shock: I BEG YOUR PARDON. :shock:
are you making fun of me,....honey. :evil:

Surya
25th April 2005, 01:38 AM
Trust me Ajith and VJ fans are able to penetrate into any barrier annoy the hell out of it's inhabitants!!

What did I tell u! :lol:

Alien
25th April 2005, 03:15 PM
Trust me Ajith and VJ fans are able to penetrate into any barrier annoy the hell out of it's inhabitants!!

What did I tell u! :lol:

Yeah, exactly :P :lol: :lol:

Surya
28th April 2005, 05:24 AM
Lancelot,
Luv the avatar man!! :thumbsup: :lol:

Cinefan
28th April 2005, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know how much was Kamal,Sridevi,Rajni paid for the film 16 vayathinile? I know the true figures(got them from Bharathi raja himself). Anyone wanna guess?

I would certainly like to know&no guessing work for me.

Cinefan
28th April 2005, 12:46 PM
Lancelot,
Luv the avatar man!! :thumbsup: :lol:

Ru able to see his avathar :? I only get to see a " Error,this person's picture is too sexy to display" :(

Alien
28th April 2005, 01:00 PM
That's his avatar

Cinefan
28th April 2005, 01:02 PM
That's his avatar

Oh!

Alien
28th April 2005, 01:03 PM
Ok here is it
Kamal-27,500 Rs
Sridevi- 7,500 Rs
Rajni- 2500 Rs
Rajni wasn't given Rs 500 and was only given Rs 2000. Bharathiraja told it.

Cinefan
28th April 2005, 04:26 PM
Ok here is it
Kamal-27,500 Rs
Sridevi- 7,500 Rs
Rajni- 2500 Rs
Rajni wasn't given Rs 500 and was only given Rs 2000. Bharathiraja told it.

Well in 1977,the above mentioned sums had lot of value.It would be interesting to equate it to today's times&come up with the figures.

joe
2nd May 2005, 10:44 PM
:lol: And Crab aka Nickraman's rediculas posts have made me anti-mumbai express! :lol:

Oh!It shows you don't have your own brain ..and crab decides whether you need to love or hate mumbai express..so who is the looser?

Roshan
3rd May 2005, 10:57 AM
Oh!It shows you don't have your own brain ..and crab decides whether you need to love or hate mumbai express..so who is the looser?

Sooooper Joe !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Crab ! I never thought you can influence people so easily !! You are the winner man !! :thumbsup:

stranger
6th May 2005, 04:19 AM
Crab aka Nickraman's ridiculous posts. They made me anti-mumbai express!

Trust me, I can understand what you mean here! :)

You did the right thing, Surya! :thumbsup:

-------------------
* Opinions differ. :)

nickraman
6th May 2005, 05:15 AM
[tscii:6238abc2df]I heard that

You know, at least Kamal doesn't dance like Amitabh batchan and wears a wig and says stupid yet pointless punch dialogues, heck to be honest, I went for the flick and guess what.....no one appreciated it, this is coming from states by the way and technically mallu films [like this genre] don't do well story wise.
BS the box-office system, the gov't there is corrupted anyway. And yes, to clear things up I'm a Kamal fan, can you spell K-A-M-A-L? So what are you gonna do about it? Yes Illayaraja PWNS Vidyasagar, and the lyrics for CM songs are so silly and crap, heck, I even made fun of the songs! What you doubt is irrelevant.
Another thing about your moonshine (those of you who don't know this word--> LOOK IT UP) towards Crab is so stupid. Crab actually proves his points, and he is right, I checked every F***IN sites and he proves it right again, so don't try calling him Cra(p) cause you know why, you don't know how to take the facts!

If you people are so clueless, then go ahead ban me. But this is my point of view!

P.S:
Mumbai Express’ going at a good speed in Mumbai
By MIO Team
May 05, 2005, 14:29

Kamal Hassan is an estimated star not only in south but all over India. His films do considerably well with a special mention to Mumbai. He has a gallery of fans there. What his last release ‘Abhay’ couldn’t fetch for him, ‘Mumbai Express’ is doing. The anticipation with his latest release has been met. The Hindi film presents a line up of Bollywood stars replacing the Tamil ones.

The film got a very good opening in Mumbai. In the first week itself the film collected more than 47 lakhs. Among the other Bollywood releases it stands at the third position in the list of Box office hits. Each print of the film had fetched 1 lakhs and seventy nine thousand rupees. The film has been doing considerably well even in the second week. The collection has not dropped and the film still holds its firm position. It has been the next money grosser after ‘Waqt’. In comparison the film has done better business than Kamal’s former ‘Chachi 420’.

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

[/tscii:6238abc2df]

Alien
6th May 2005, 08:25 AM
[tscii:5489d2416f]

Another thing about your moonshine (those of you who don't know this word--> LOOK IT UP) towards Crab is so stupid. Crab actually proves his points, and he is right, I checked every F***IN sites and he proves it right again, so don't try calling him Cra(p) cause you know why, you don't know how to take the facts!

If you people are so clueless, then go ahead ban me. But this is my point of view!

P.S:
Mumbai Express’ going at a good speed in Mumbai
By MIO Team
May 05, 2005, 14:29

Kamal Hassan is an estimated star not only in south but all over India. His films do considerably well with a special mention to Mumbai. He has a gallery of fans there. What his last release ‘Abhay’ couldn’t fetch for him, ‘Mumbai Express’ is doing. The anticipation with his latest release has been met. The Hindi film presents a line up of Bollywood stars replacing the Tamil ones.

The film got a very good opening in Mumbai. In the first week itself the film collected more than 47 lakhs. Among the other Bollywood releases it stands at the third position in the list of Box office hits. Each print of the film had fetched 1 lakhs and seventy nine thousand rupees. The film has been doing considerably well even in the second week. The collection has not dropped and the film still holds its firm position. It has been the next money grosser after ‘Waqt’. In comparison the film has done better business than Kamal’s former ‘Chachi 420’.

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

Good one nick, These rasini fans blame u and crab bcos they can't digest the real facts, and u obviously know how stupid they r(I mean some of them). They would even comment abt some movie without even watching it, ridiculous :banghead: . And crab ofcourse gives sources to his messages.
Keep it up guys. :thumbsup: [/tscii:5489d2416f]

stranger
6th May 2005, 10:49 PM
* These rasini fans blame u and crab bcos they can't digest the real facts, and u obviously know how stupid they r(I mean some of them).

* They would even comment abt some movie without even watching it, ridiculous

* And crab ofcourse gives sources to his messages.
Keep it up guys.

REAL FACTS!!! :notworthy:

Well, may God- who knows who is BLUFFING- bless you! Vasanth-luv, the kamalu fanu" ! 8)

hi
6th May 2005, 11:01 PM
How was Ezhumalai in the BO? I saw it yesterday on Sun TV. Didn't like it. But it had all of the ingredients for a hit.

But simran acting gud

stranger
6th May 2005, 11:07 PM
I was told TMS and sIrgaali appeared in a film "singing" a song together.

Does anyone know, which movie is that? :)

madhu
7th May 2005, 08:02 AM
I was told TMS and sIrgaali appeared in a film "singing" a song together.

Does anyone know, which movie is that?

Hi Stranger !

they appear together for the song "thiruchendurin kadalorathil" from the film "Deivam"

stranger
9th May 2005, 11:01 PM
Thank you, Madhu! :)

SudG
16th May 2005, 12:13 PM
Hi all,
I dont know whether it is the right place to post my Q.

I wanna know the diff b/w the cava colour and the eastman colour.
My grandpa,an ardent fan of MGR used to say that "alibababa-vum 40 thirudargalum"(MGR,banumathi version)is the first tamil movie made in cava colour.He has told something about the movie nadodi mannan too..

If it is so,what is the first tamil movie made in eastman colour?
(BTW,wht does this eastman standfor??)

Anbin,
SudG

lordstanher
2nd June 2005, 08:09 AM
Hi,
I donno if this is the right thread for my query but can ne-one tell me the name of the movie tat has this song "Anne Anne........indha ooru nalla ooru ippo romba kettupoch-anne...."
'think the hero was Vijaykanth....?
I wish to hear songs from this movie but need to know the name of the movie for finding them..... :)

selvakumar
2nd June 2005, 02:03 PM
HI,
That movie name is "kkouli koovuthu". The man who acted was not vijaykanth but its prabhu. Prabhu acted as a military man in that film.

Hi,
I donno if this is the right thread for my query but can ne-one tell me the name of the movie tat has this song "Anne Anne........indha ooru nalla ooru ippo romba kettupoch-anne...."
'think the hero was Vijaykanth....?
I wish to hear songs from this movie but need to know the name of the movie for finding them..... :)

lordstanher
2nd June 2005, 05:48 PM
HI,
That movie name is "kkouli koovuthu". The man who acted was not vijaykanth but its prabhu. Prabhu acted as a military man in that film.

Hi,
Many tks! Searched & found the movie (kozhi koovuthu) at raaga.com soon after seeing ur reply! Also tks for refreshing my memory abt the actor! :D

shreya23
6th June 2005, 05:47 PM
hi
can someone pls tell me where i can download these songs?
raja raja chozhan naan from rettaival kuruvi

shreya23
6th June 2005, 05:49 PM
hi
can someone pls tell me where i can download this song?
raja raja chozhan naan from rettaival kuruvi .i checked coolgoose.com but they have only the instrumental version ,i want the song and in mp3 version.

Surya
13th June 2005, 11:25 PM
Any1 know how sukkran and kanna kandean did at the BO? :)

sanjay
15th June 2005, 11:58 AM
Both flopped.

lancelot
19th June 2005, 09:08 PM
sanjay

Both flopped.

dont u think kana kandain is a good movie. i tot so.
well i dont realy like Shrikanth but the movie was good. cant beleveit floped.

sukran was shit. not a good movie.

hehe
:D

nickraman
21st June 2005, 02:09 AM
No, Kana Kandean is a hit...

sahana6
24th June 2005, 07:13 AM
ya kana kandean was a hit n sukran was a flop

ssanjinika
13th July 2005, 10:37 PM
Kana Kanden cant be classified as a hit..Its doing well in cities and multiplexes .

Anyways I just wanted to ask
anyone remember the herione of Kamal's movie Guna? What happened to her?

svaisn
14th July 2005, 09:12 AM
Kana Kanden cant be classified as a hit..Its doing well in cities and multiplexes .

Anyways I just wanted to ask
anyone remember the herione of Kamal's movie Guna? What happened to her?

She is Roshini.......
She is an NRI right?????

sanjay
14th July 2005, 04:31 PM
there is a jinx in the tamil film industry. If U debut opposite kamal, U never really take off.

roshni, saranya, shobana, heroine of kalaignan(I forget her name).

svaisn
14th July 2005, 05:01 PM
there is a jinx in the tamil film industry. If U debut opposite kamal, U never really take off.

May be True...

But shobana... was concentrating more on Malayala films right???

ssanjinika
14th July 2005, 05:55 PM

Could be true..
Of the above I think only shobana achieved some kind of recognition.The kalaignan heroine's first movie was a hindi movie and her career didnt take off there either.So maybe something else apart from the jinx could be at work here :) .I vaguely remember reading somewhere that she was involved with some cricketer..of course careers always go downhill from there :lol:

Querida
17th July 2005, 05:59 AM
Hiroshima neethano.. Nagasaki neethano
Un meedhu thaano enn kaadhal Bomb-oo?
Harappa-vum neethano.. Mohenjadaro neethano
Aayvaalan naano.. aaraayalaamo..

-(lyrics c/o kamarajc)

just wondering what is the bolded lines refer to in the Remo song?

Justice
18th July 2005, 01:12 AM
just because Kamal is the one who shines in the film like a Sun

Surya
19th July 2005, 01:09 AM

-(lyrics c/o kamarajc)

Harrappa and Mohenjo Daro are archological sites in the Indus River Valley, (Modern day Pakistan) of the Indus Valley Civilization. :)

So basically he says
"Ur an archological site, and I'm an archeologist, shall I start the inspection."

Querida
19th July 2005, 02:05 AM
uhhh whoa...kinda sorry i asked :lol:
thanx anyways Surya :D

Surya
19th July 2005, 02:13 AM
:lol: No prob.

Sanguine Sridhar
19th July 2005, 11:41 AM

-(lyrics c/o kamarajc)

Harrappa and Mohenjo Daro are archological sites in the Indus River Valley, (Modern day Pakistan) of the Indus Valley Civilization. :)

So basically he says
"Ur an archological site, and I'm an archeologist, shall I start the inspection."

:lol: :lol:

rachel
19th July 2005, 12:37 PM

-(lyrics c/o kamarajc)

So basically he says

:rotfl: ayyo kadavulae

svaisn
19th July 2005, 01:26 PM

-(lyrics c/o kamarajc)

So basically he says

enna oru ViLAKKA vurai......

Good one sir...

Surya
29th July 2005, 02:25 AM
What's so funny guys? It's not like I wrote it. :lol2:

Justice
29th July 2005, 03:22 AM
ennavoru thannadakkam. :lol:

Surya
29th July 2005, 03:54 AM
Niruthinga da dei!!! :banghead: :lol:

Justice
3rd August 2005, 01:22 AM
ennavouru panivu

Niruthinga da dei!!! :banghead: :lol:

svaisn
3rd August 2005, 09:09 AM

it is not funny....
it was good

Querida
7th August 2005, 11:19 AM
hey hubbers please help me with i have been searching for this song and cannot locate the movie...i remember Arjun in it but i might be wrong...it has a oriental musical beginning and then i remember the lyrics "noor andhukku oru murai pookara poo allava..." hmm sorry for any mistakes in my tamglish but someone please do help me with this query...

Nerd
7th August 2005, 09:17 PM
Hey Q,

That song is from Thaayin MaNikkodi.. apparently the heroine passed away b4 the release of the movie..

Lyrics - http://tfmpage.com/lyrics/thaamani1.txt

Querida
8th August 2005, 05:06 AM
Hey thanx so much Kasi! :D Thanx to you not only do i now know the movie title but also downloaded the song from coolgoose...seems to be the only place that has the song without buying the cd thru the net...oh and fyi she fell out of her building window while exercising...uh yeah... :shock:

RATHEESHAJITH
9th August 2005, 09:26 AM
2005 FILM FARE AWARD WINNERS [HEROES/HEROINS] IN TAMIL , MALAYALAM , TELUGU ,KANNADA ???

Querida
25th August 2005, 03:01 AM
here i am again...
hello all..

RATHEESHAJITH
Category(Language) Winner - Movie
Best Actress (Malayalam) Geetu Mohandas -Akale
Best Actress (Kannada) Soundarya-Apthamitra
Best Actress (Tamil) Sandya -Kadhal
Best Actress (Telugu)Trisha-Varsham
Best Actor (Malayalam) Mammotty- kazhcha
Best Actor (Kannada) Vardhan -Aptamitra
Best Actor (Tamil) Surya -Peralagan
Best Actor (Telugu) Chiranjeevi- Shankar Dada MBBS
c/o
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/filmfareawards2005.html

just wanted to know if anyone else knew why the mohan/radha/amala movie was ever called mella thirantha kadhavu...i always thought vaa vennila was apt :)

saffrontiger
10th September 2005, 11:36 AM
What is Real Name of Arya ( Arindhum Ariyamalum ) ? is he north indian ?

rachel
15th September 2005, 02:51 AM
hi...

i just wanted to open a thread for songs about moon.

is there any thread in this forum for nilavu songs?

tamilisai
27th September 2005, 03:50 AM
Hi,
I want to know the actress who is dancing for the song Thulluvatho Illamai in the movie Kudiiruntha Kovil.

Thanks
Tamilisai

rajeshkrv
27th September 2005, 04:15 AM
the actress who danced for Thulluvatho ilamai is Rajashree

arr
27th September 2005, 03:06 PM
ANNIYAN or CHANDRAMUKHI
which is bigger hit? What are their box office collections?

Nerd
28th September 2005, 01:23 AM
Box Office.. :roll:

Ask Rajaram and I m sure he ll sniff this somehow and dive straight into this thread :rotfl:

stranger
28th September 2005, 01:52 AM
yeah, ask him!

I know what will he say!

Both are flops but MX made ten times more money than what they spent for the movie including Kh salary! :rotfl:

m_23_bayarea
14th October 2005, 02:55 AM
yeah, ask him!

I know what will he say!

Both are flops but MX made ten times more money than what they spent for the movie including Kh salary! :rotfl:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

mr_karthik
14th October 2005, 01:02 PM
I heard a news, Sivakasi Jayalakshmi's story is going to become movie (with little modifications).

If it is so, who is fittest actress for that role? any idea??.

(BTW my choice is Bhuvaneswari).

ssanjinika
22nd October 2005, 12:15 AM
I just listened to this song called

Kai Veesamma kai veesu...

Saw that the movie was listed as Ullam.I dont remember watching or even hearing about a movie like that.
Googled it but didnt find anything.Does anyone know if the movie was released and whos acting in the movie?Curious since the song is good.Please shed some light on this.

stranger
22nd October 2005, 12:43 AM

Saw that the movie was listed as Ullam.I dont remember watching or even hearing about a movie like that.
Googled it but didnt find anything.Does anyone know if the movie was released and whos acting in the movie?Curious since the song is good.Please shed some light on this.

yaar paadiyathu theriyumA, ungaLukku? :?

stranger
22nd October 2005, 12:52 AM
Here is the link ss!

http://www.thenisai.com/tamil/songs/ysr_109.htm

Thank jn, please! :)

If this is not what u meant, let me know!

Post this sort of queries in tfm section where we have the EXPERTS! :D

ssanjinika
22nd October 2005, 01:22 AM
Thats exactly the song !!
I listened to it on thenisai only :D.Thanks for the link.
I was wondering about the movie though.Did it even release..And who acted in it..whats the story..that kind of stuff :D

ssanjinika
22nd October 2005, 01:23 AM

yaar paadiyathu theriyumA, ungaLukku? :?

Its sung by Harish Ragavendra(not a bad voice I must say!) and Chitra Siva..someone(the entire name is not displaying :p)

stranger
22nd October 2005, 02:07 AM
Thats exactly the song !!
I listened to it on thenisai only :D.Thanks for the link.
I was wondering about the movie though.Did it even release..And who acted in it..whats the story..that kind of stuff :D

I was just a "messanger"!

jn is the one who gave the answer!

Please stop by paattukku paattu section in tfm page, where we have the experts! jn and rajraj and rc will be happy to help you.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1809&start=1335

Take it easy!

stranger
22nd October 2005, 04:21 AM
I was wondering about the movie though.Did it even release..

* And who acted in it..whats the story..that kind of stuff :D

You are correct, I have not given any additional info! :(

I thought the link might have had the details but it did not!

well, let us see :)

Crab
4th November 2005, 04:01 AM
Who directed Karakaatakkaran? I thought it was P.Vasu all the while but not sure.

Surya
4th November 2005, 06:57 AM
It was Raja's bro....I think his name is Gangaiamaran.

ssanjinika
4th November 2005, 07:44 PM
YES!!GangaiAmaran is rite.He directed few other villiage stories most of them with ramarajan as hero(Villupattukkaran among others where theres a song which is entirely sung without closing the mouth..I mean with words which do not require the meeting of the upper and lower lip)

Crab
5th November 2005, 03:42 PM
Which is the most popular TV serial now?

I used to watch Metti Oli. Now I am watching Manaivi.

Surya
5th November 2005, 11:56 PM
U watch TV Serials?? U've got a thick neck mate!! :wink:

Well, @ home my mom, and sis-in-law fall head over heels for Celvi and Manaivi. :P

Although my favs are Chithambara Ragasiyam, and Shivamayam. 8-)

Crab
6th November 2005, 08:37 AM
Surya,

I watch serials online or on video in batches of dozen episodes only. :P

Crab
6th November 2005, 08:08 PM
How to type the word Shri in Tamil script? I can't find that letter in character map.

:cry:

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2005, 08:26 PM
Typing 'sr' would do for unicode or tscii format.

__

1.Who acted as shivaji's sister in NAAN VAZHAVAIPPEN?

2. What is the latest madhavan's movie? Is it thambi ? Is he doing more movies?

3. What is madhavan's email id? :D

Crab
6th November 2005, 09:06 PM
For unicode, I typed sr, nothing happens.

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2005, 09:15 PM
[tscii:f3b6bac80a]Actually I have keyman downloaded here(version 6)

ஸ்ரீ

this is how it comes in unicode.

When I type here in the post it seems ok, but when I press post button the format of 'sri' changes to 'ssrii' :cry:

(otherwise when I post my articles elsewhere, I do think 'sr' works out just how it should)[/tscii:f3b6bac80a]

Nerd
6th November 2005, 09:33 PM
Typing 'sr' would do for unicode or tscii format.

__

1.Who acted as shivaji's sister in NAAN VAZHAVAIPPEN?

2. What is the latest madhavan's movie? Is it thambi ? Is he doing more movies?

3. What is madhavan's email id? :D

2. Unfortunately thats the only movie in his hand :(

3. maddy@rmadhavan.com (http://www.rmadhavan.com)

Crab
6th November 2005, 09:53 PM
I use charmap.exe which comes with XP. This is the closest I can get in Arial Unicode MS.

ஷ்ரி

:cry:

[tscii:90bf153033]Actually I have keyman downloaded here(version 6)

ஸ்ரீ

this is how it comes in unicode.

When I type here in the post it seems ok, but when I press post button the format of 'sri' changes to 'ssrii' :cry:

(otherwise when I post my articles elsewhere, I do think 'sr' works out just how it should)[/tscii:90bf153033]

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2005, 09:54 PM
hey thankssss.

And I really mean it . :) :) Thanks.

Nerd
6th November 2005, 11:02 PM
And for your 1st query, I think the actress name is Rajini :P am not sure though!

Shakthiprabha.
6th November 2005, 11:21 PM
Never mind. That was not v. important but Madhavan's website, and mail id was :lol:

Nerd
6th November 2005, 11:33 PM
I was wondering about the movie though.Did it even release..

* And who acted in it..whats the story..that kind of stuff :D

You are correct, I have not given any additional info! :(

I thought the link might have had the details but it did not!

well, let us see :)

That movie never hit the screens. Remember watching the trailer 2-3 yrs back. All new faces 8-)

stranger
7th November 2005, 08:30 PM
Well that settles ss's puzzle :)

Thanks Kasi.

Another Godfather huh? :lol:

Nerd
7th November 2005, 11:52 PM
And for your 1st query, I think the actress name is Rajini :P am not sure though!

http://rajinifans.com/Movie_Database/Movie_List_Detail.asp

Her name is Raji and not Rajini :lol:

:thumbsup: @ Stranger

tfmlover
8th November 2005, 04:08 AM
not raji

Shakthiprabha.
8th November 2005, 10:09 AM
I doubt if there was any actress ny name RAJI!!

ssanjinika
8th November 2005, 07:25 PM
There was an actress named Ranjini :P

stranger
8th November 2005, 10:38 PM
I thought there were an "side actresses" in the name of Rajini and Ranjani as well :)

Nerd
8th November 2005, 11:40 PM
Who acted as KH's daughter in nayakan?? Is her name Ranjani too?? :roll: She has awesome eyes :P

stranger
8th November 2005, 11:51 PM
kasi!

I think "nilAvaithaan naan kaiila pichchEn" is Ranjani (mudhal mariyaathai)! :)

I thought there was an actress namely "rajani"acted in PayaNangaL mudivadhillai as a friend to the heroine or of that role :)

Nerd
9th November 2005, 12:00 AM
Oh yeh.. "R" and Bharathiraja!

payaNangaL mudivathillai, I vaguely remember *Rajini*. The heroine is Poornima, right?? :roll:

stranger
9th November 2005, 12:02 AM
Yeah, u r right but there was a friend for her and I thought her name was Rajani or Rajini.

I could be wrong! :)

Nerd
9th November 2005, 12:05 AM
I remember my mom telling once that Velu Nayakkar's daughter is now acting in TV serials. Dont know her name, have to ask my mom :P

Nerd
9th November 2005, 12:11 AM
Got her name - Karthika

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093603/

Movie Cop
9th November 2005, 12:26 AM
I have a query.

Has Kamal Hassan acted in 200+ movies? I'm wondering he has acted in some 180 + movies but I rememebr during the relase of alavandhan, producer dhanu mentioned in posters that it was Kamal's 200'th fil. Can anyone give me confirmed details on that?

m_23_bayarea
9th November 2005, 12:27 AM
I have a query.

Has Kamal Hassan acted in 200+ movies? I'm wondering he has acted in some 180 + movies but I rememebr during the relase of alavandhan, producer dhanu mentioned in posters that it was Kamal's 200'th fil. Can anyone give me confirmed details on that?

Movie Cop, Welcome to the hub.....Have Fun !!

stranger
9th November 2005, 12:29 AM
Got her name - Karthika

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093603/

Yes it was she in Nayagan as his daughter! :)

ssanjinika
9th November 2005, 12:31 AM
isnt she a Mallu actress?I remember seeing her in the tamil movie Poo Vizhi Vasal(satyaraj ) A great movie by I think it was Fazil.

ssanjinika
9th November 2005, 12:33 AM
As for Ranjini..she even acted in a few movies as a heroine then sank without a trace :P

Nerd
9th November 2005, 12:35 AM
Yes she acted in poovizhi vaasalilE also! As a wanna-be mother of that kid. Here is a trivia, anyone knows who that kid was?

stranger
9th November 2005, 12:37 AM
SS:

Almost 90% of tamil actresses and singers are malayaalis including Radha, Ambika, Nadiya, Revathy and so on.

It is very hard to run the kollywood without malayaali artistes I believe.

Kasi: you mean Mrs. Ajith or what? :)

ssanjinika
9th November 2005, 12:39 AM
I think it was a girl kid.Dont know the name though

Nerd
9th November 2005, 12:40 AM
No Stranger! But yes, *he* is a girl. Remember she acted as a boy in that movie. You may not know her because she was once very popular in TV serials. 8-)

Nerd
9th November 2005, 12:42 AM
My mom is the source for all these :lol:

ssanjinika
9th November 2005, 12:43 AM
Stranger :

Yup thats true enough! Quite a few of the actress and singers are from the malayalam industry.

As for the child being Mrs.Ajit..I am sure that it is not.The one in Bommukutti ammavukku another one by Fazil staring Satyaraj is her.

stranger
9th November 2005, 02:22 AM
The one in Bommukutti ammavukku another one by Fazil staring Satyaraj is her (Shalini Ajith) .

Thank you! :)

RR
9th November 2005, 07:59 AM
No Stranger! But yes, *he* is a girl. Remember she acted as a boy in that movie. You may not know her because she was once very popular in TV serials. 8-)
She is sujitha and recently got a tv serial career revival with Ekta kapoor's 'kanavarukkaaga'.

Nerd
9th November 2005, 08:51 AM
:thumbsup: @ RR

I think she has acted in a movie also. :roll:

mr_karthik
9th November 2005, 11:43 AM
Friends.....

I request a clarification from you.

In the movie "NErukku nEr", there is a song for Surya and Simram (Not mamam virumbuthey, another one). Music by Deva.

It was shooted in Kolkatta (Culcatta). In the full song Surya & Siran are running. It was sung by Hariharan and another female singer (I dont know her name and dont want to know...)

I heared that song more than 213 times, and watched that song in TV more than 157 times, but the tragedy is till now I dont know the first line of the song, which started by that female singer. She is murmering something with the tune.

Deva does not have any other female singer to sing that song, which everyone can hear it clearly?. She is singing by herself, but only some sound is coming from her.

I am not a deaf, because I can hear all other songs very clearly.

Can anybody, who is having good ears than me and possesing good hearing capacity, can tell me what is the pallavi started by that "murmuring lady"....??????????????????????. please...

RR
9th November 2005, 02:55 PM

One that I recall is 'Hello'..

mr_karthik, the song is 'engenge engenge'. The name you don't want to know is Asha bhosle.. :D

mr_karthik
9th November 2005, 06:19 PM

One that I recall is 'Hello'..

mr_karthik, the song is 'engenge engenge'. The name you don't want to know is Asha bhosle.. :D
Hello RR

I can understand the song starts with 'engenge...engenge'.... but after this two words, she is singing (sorry....murmuring) something as pallavi. I want to know that words. Till now I am sure that only four know that lines, they are lyric writer, music director, singer and GOD. I will be surprise if a fifth person knows it.

"engenge...engenge................................. ..........
.................................................. .........................
.................................................. .........thodAthey"

If anybody fill this blank with correct words, as in the song, they will be crowned.

Nerd
9th November 2005, 07:19 PM
engengE engengE engE inbam uLLathenRu thEdik koLLAthE
thaLLip pO thaLLip pO indha panjum nenjum paththikkoLLum varAthE
naan oru kumizhi nee oru kaaRRu varaathE

I like that line 8-)

Asha Bhosle's *mesmerizing* voice!!

Shakthiprabha.
9th November 2005, 10:12 PM
asha's mesmerizing voice sure.

i think its thEdik kollathE....not koLLathE...

//engengE engengE engE inbam uLLathenRu thEdik koLLAthE //

not sure though. The meaning if grasped acutely, votes for kollathE than koLLathE

nilavupriyan
9th November 2005, 11:15 PM
the bolded words can be heard....but the red words are really hard to hear.......it hears like something tholadhe

engengE engengE engE inbam uLLathenRu thEdik koLLAthEthaLLip pO thaLLip pO indha panjum nenjum paththikkoLLum varAthE

I like that line 8-)

Nerd
9th November 2005, 11:31 PM
U r right @ SP :)

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 02:51 PM
What is the movie directed by bharathiraja, (a thriller) which talks bout a char which is psychotic and a kleptomaniac.

Who acted in that movie? Who acted in that movie?

There is a sweet song in that movie. Can anyone recollect it?

saradhaa_sn
10th November 2005, 04:19 PM
What is the movie directed by bharathiraja, (a thriller) which talks bout a char which is psychotic and a kleptomaniac.

Shakthi

Are you mentioning about "Sigappu Rojakkal"? That is the thriller he directed.

Others: Tik....tik....tik, Captain magal, Oru Kaithiyin Diary.

mr_karthik
10th November 2005, 06:11 PM
engengE engengE engE inbam uLLathenRu thEdik koLLAthE
thaLLip pO thaLLip pO indha panjum nenjum paththikkoLLum varAthE

I like that line 8-)

Wow....Kasi, wonderful

Pidiyungal KARTHIK UNIVERSITY-ilirundhu ungalukku or "Doctor" pattam. :thumbsup:

500 thadavai pAdalai kEttum theerAtha indha Pandiya mannanin sandhekam ippothu theerndhathu. :clap:

Romba romba nandRi Kasi.... :notworthy:

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 06:26 PM

Shakthi

Are you mentioning about "Sigappu Rojakkal"? That is the thriller he directed.

Others: Tik....tik....tik, Captain magal, Oru Kaithiyin Diary.

hello saradha. nopes its not tik tik tik or sigappu rojakal.

Its a recent movie, (2 years or 3 years back), some unknown hero and heroine. He is a big famous guy in his field, has kleptomania, goes crazy bout his secretary, COERCES her to get into relationship, has illusions of her marrying him,
hallucinates her love, dies pathetically.

new guy(debut).

The movie was very poetic, thrilling and very unlike INDIAN movies. Sad it did not make it big time.

ssanjinika
10th November 2005, 06:47 PM
SP:
The movie is "Kangalal Kaithi Sei"
One of the worst movies I have seen in my entire life.The movie cannot def be classified as a thriller.Its a stupid love story with Kleptomania thrown in.Theres only one song I remember which goes "Anarkali Anarkali"

ssanjinika
10th November 2005, 06:51 PM
SP:
One of the worst movies I have seen in my entire life.The movie cannot def be classified as a thriller.Its a stupid love story with Kleptomania thrown in.Theres only one song I remember which goes "Anarkali Anarkali"

The hero is unknown..the heroine is PriyaMani a relatively new face whos current movie is Athu oru kana kaalam..Kasi's or Surya's(forget whose)current fav movie I think.
:lol:

I cant believe you liked this movie.Are we even talking abt the same one I wonder.

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 07:15 PM
SP:

The hero is unknown..the heroine is PriyaMani a relatively new face whos current movie is Athu oru kana kaalam..Kasi's or Surya's(forget whose)current fav movie I think.
:lol:

I cant believe you liked this movie.Are we even talking abt the same one I wonder.

thx sajinika, i think its 'kangaLaal kaithu sei' :cry:
That heroine is the one who acts in AOKK? I have not seen AOKK. What happ to that guy who was a debut.

Its sad... i felt the story was so poetic and WAS LIKE READING A BOOK, than watching a movie. :cry:

Sad... many did not like it

Nerd
10th November 2005, 08:09 PM
Vaseegaran is his name.. Actually he was going around with priyamani for quite sometime.. yeh the movie is the worst BR movie ever. Even worse than tajmahal i wud say.. the sad part is ARR had given mindblowing songs. The album got fantastic reviews from all critics.. Sad it dint make big time :(

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 08:16 PM
ok, so is not this vaseegaran acting in any more movies?
I feel he resembles MADHAVAN a lot. yup, Album wuz really good.

Nerd
10th November 2005, 08:21 PM
Do u expect someone to give him chances with the way he *acted* in KKS?? He was pathetic in that, to say the least. 8-)

Shakthiprabha.
10th November 2005, 08:24 PM
:) hmmm....

Nerd
11th November 2005, 12:30 AM
Can anyone tell me which movie is the song,

rOja malarE raaja kumaari
aasaik kiLiyE azhagiya raaNi
arugil varalaamaa

from?

ssanjinika
11th November 2005, 01:58 AM
Veerathirumagan

Sachu's first movie that too as a heroine and the hero was one anandan..think it was disco shanti's dad.

Querida
11th November 2005, 02:09 AM
Kasi_ce it's Veerath Thirumagan

i got one of my silly questions in Sachein where the song goes: Eh Maro Maro Goli Maro .eh..eh..Charo Charo (sumthing sumthing) what is that sumthing? and what does it mean in english/tamglish? :mrgreen:

Nerd
11th November 2005, 04:23 AM
Thanks SS and Querida :)

I dont hav a clue on that sachein song :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
11th November 2005, 04:30 AM
Querida,
Illaya thlapathi andha paatula oru aazhamana karutha solli irrukaar

"Maari maari neenga goli aadineengana....Naaley naalula(Charo charo) poi senthuduveenga"

Shakthiprabha.
11th November 2005, 09:13 AM
Kasi_ce it's Veerath Thirumagan

i got one of my silly questions in Sachein where the song goes: Eh Maro Maro Goli Maro .eh..eh..Charo Charo (sumthing sumthing) what is that sumthing? and what does it mean in english/tamglish? :mrgreen:

maro goli is said to mean "let it go"

typically maaro goli means maaro=hit, goli= bullet. ( shoot the bullet)

but based on the context its meant to say, "fine, just let it go" kinda meaning.

choro choro means "leave..it"

chodo= is leave. I dont know the rest of the words(sumthing sumthing)

Querida
12th November 2005, 10:23 AM
Thanx Beckham and Betty and Veronica :D

Shakthiprabha.
12th November 2005, 12:35 PM
lol querida. I like that name better than 'shakthiprabha', ESP THE 'BETTY' part ;). :lol:

Does anyone know the lyrics of an English song from NAADODITH THENDRAL (CAST KARTHIK). The song I think was sung by usha uthoop.

Querida
13th November 2005, 12:31 AM
is it that song that goes "everytime that i think of you?" :? :)

Shakthiprabha.
14th November 2005, 10:58 AM
Not sure querida... I think if posted the whole song, I may remember some words inbetween. I searched the google only to be dissapointed. Its such a melodious song for sure.

RR
14th November 2005, 01:19 PM
is it that song that goes "everytime that i think of you?" :? :)
Close enough. It's 'All the time I think of you' :) (by Malgudi Subha). You can listen here:

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4930/

Querida
15th November 2005, 09:46 PM
:x oh i know that song from before...and i never liked it one bit....just wanted to help Betty&V.....sorry RR not to be ungrateful :P

stranger
16th November 2005, 12:15 AM
Folks!

who is the guy who acted as the "kuthiraikkaaran" in Ram???

His "slang" and "sarcasm" were very natural and it was hilarious!

And his "slang" belongs to which part of TN, exactly?

Nerd
16th November 2005, 12:20 AM
That guys name is kanja kaRuppu. Am not sure about the slang but it sounded maduraiish :roll: the avinga, ivinga etc..,

stranger
16th November 2005, 12:22 AM
Makes sense, "ganjA" brings out lot of philosophies, I am told :lol:

Nerd
16th November 2005, 12:26 AM
That guy also came in as a sidekick to PR in sivakasi.

Shakthiprabha.
16th November 2005, 06:28 PM
I am interested in knowing what happ to the foll actors/actresses. Are they anywhere near doing any more movies? If so, whats the next movie?

1. shaam.
2. shrikant
3. boys- siddarth
4. shridevi
5. Bharath

Sanguine Sridhar
16th November 2005, 06:33 PM
1.Shaam - ABCD

ssanjinika
16th November 2005, 09:14 PM
Srikanth - just had release BambareKannale reputed to be doing quite well.
Boys - siddharth - huge actor in the telugu industry.Dont think hes doing anything in tamil.
Who is sridevi??
Barath-hmm..after his flop Feb14th dunno

Shakthiprabha.
16th November 2005, 09:38 PM
wow so he is in telugu. whats wrong with tamizh !

sridevi is vijaykumar's daughter. I never find her good, just wanted to know...

She casted in that famous song...

" ungammava parthaalum bayam
ungappava parthaalum bayam!"

Nerd
17th November 2005, 12:39 AM
Is that song very famous?? Wonder which movie boasted that :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
17th November 2005, 12:53 AM
:lol: I dont know the movie name. Song was a hit though. Eh atleast it was heard played couple of times..... dhanush is the hero.

Nerd
17th November 2005, 01:12 AM
I think that movie is thEvathayai kaNdEn.. Havent had a chance to watch the movie or the songs, thank God :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
18th November 2005, 12:58 PM
thx kasi_sce. :smile:

()

Anybody who knows bout tollywood?

I wanna know what happened to a person called

'POOSALA'!

What was he? A Direcotr? Was there anyone with that name?
What were the movies he made? Where is he now? Is he doing any movies at all?

RR
18th November 2005, 03:28 PM

You missed the subsequent lines.. .

".....
un annana paarthaalum bayam
enakkeppo kedaikkum andha.. pazham!"

With the first line 'theru theruvaa alayirandi..', you can esily see that this is a No.1 porukk-i song.. :twisted:

Shakthiprabha.
18th November 2005, 03:49 PM
Oh i was not sure which was the starting line. The whole song is supposedly funny with lots of hidden meanings. Its kinda awkward. I found it telecasted in tv lots of times.

Sanguine Sridhar
18th November 2005, 05:48 PM

You missed the subsequent lines.. .

".....
un annana paarthaalum bayam
enakkeppo kedaikkum andha.. pazham!"

With the first line 'theru theruvaa alayirandi..', you can esily see that this is a No.1 porukk-i song.. :twisted:

Shakthiprabha.
21st November 2005, 12:47 PM
Anybody who knows bout tollywood?

I wanna know what happened to a person called

'POOSALA'!

What was he? A Direcotr? Was there anyone with that name?
What were the movies he made? Where is he now? Is he doing any movies at all?

()

Just revived.

Consistent
22nd November 2005, 03:11 AM
Who is the actor who acted in the movie which has the song "Ilamayenum Poongaatru" .. Heroine is Sridevi and also movie name?

Nerd
22nd November 2005, 03:36 AM
Vijayakumar is the hero.. The song is from pagalil oru iravu !!

That song was picturized in an erotic manner :shock: Spoiled such a wonderful melody :banghead:

Consistent
22nd November 2005, 04:21 AM
Vijayakumar (Mr.Manjula?) Kasi? Def not. He is a serial actor. He acted in "Chithi" as Eswarapandian.I want to know his original name.

Nerd
22nd November 2005, 05:59 AM
You are right.. But vijayakumar was the hero of the movie.. That song dint feature him... I dont know that guys name :oops:

RR
22nd November 2005, 07:34 AM
>> I want to know his original name.

Ravikumar.

Shakthiprabha.
22nd November 2005, 10:43 AM
uh.. that guy acted in CHITTI!!

Interesting!

Shakthiprabha.
22nd November 2005, 10:45 AM
There was a dubbed (or tamil remake) movie
casting juhichawla, mamooty or mohanlal or both .
Does anyone know the movie name?

It was I think a comedy movie.. (released around 3 to 4 years back? or may be 2 to 3 years!)

RR
22nd November 2005, 03:37 PM
Prabha,
It is Harikrishnans. Both mamooty & mohanlal are there. Rajiv menon (director) too did a cameo.

Shakthiprabha.
22nd November 2005, 04:30 PM
thx RR.

I wanted to watch that movie. Would hunt for the CD

'Harikrishnans'!!

Sanjeevi
23rd November 2005, 05:42 PM
Who is the actor who acted in the movie which has the song "Ilamayenum Poongaatru" .. Heroine is Sridevi and also movie name?

Sivakumar (hero), Jai Ganesh (in that song)

Film name : Pagalil Oru Iravu

Shakthiprabha.
23rd November 2005, 06:23 PM

Sivakumar (hero), Jai Ganesh (in that song)

Film name : Pagalil Oru Iravu

Nopes. Its not Jaiganesh. Its the other guy (chitti's something) mentioned by RR.

ssanjinika
23rd November 2005, 07:38 PM
Sanjeevi:
Thappu thappu thappu

The actor is def not JaiGanesh.
I think its some director who tried acting in that movie(Sasi or someone)
My husband might know the answer to that.He digs the song..will let you know for sure later.

stranger
23rd November 2005, 10:00 PM
I think it is Ravikumar, the one who acted in AvargaL as a lover to "AnupamaA" :)

I V sasi is the director

Viyakumar-Sridevi and Ravikumar, I believe :)

Nerd
23rd November 2005, 10:07 PM
Yup vijayakumar is the hero. I think ravikumar falls in love with sridevi after seeing her in an erotic :banghead: in a forest. But sridevi ditches him or something and marries vijayakumar. Not sure though :roll:

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd November 2005, 10:09 PM
And any other good songs in that movie "Pagalil Oru Nilavu?" Only Ilamayenum poongatru?

What is the movie in which this song comes "Naan theydum sevandhi poovidhu..."?

Nerd
23rd November 2005, 10:11 PM
naan thEdum is from dharmapaththini - Karthik and ........

ssanjinika
23rd November 2005, 10:12 PM
naan thEdum is from dharmapaththini - Karthik and ........

Jeevitha :lol:

Nerd
23rd November 2005, 10:14 PM
I dont know whats so funny about jeevitha :roll:

ssanjinika
23rd November 2005, 10:18 PM
:(
I was just reminding you her name .

Nerd
23rd November 2005, 10:21 PM
:) @ SS

I think she came in as a lady cop :roll:

ssanjinika
23rd November 2005, 10:22 PM
Yup she did..
ITs actually an ok movie

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd November 2005, 10:40 PM
thanx SS and Kasi mama...

Anyother gud song in that movie "Pagalil oru Nilavu" apart frm Ilamayenum?

stranger
23rd November 2005, 10:55 PM
>> I want to know his original name.

Ravikumar.

Sanjeevi!

you guys are crazy!

Why u all repeat the same questions which had been answered???

RR had already answered that it was ravikumar.

I remember the movie P O I very well.

---------------------------------

The main issue there was "abortion" and its consequences.

But the meeting of Sridevi and ravimar and they "getting to the extreme" is SO weird.

There was NO LOVE. Just SEX. That is where that song comes.

Anyway, Sridevi will get pregnana before marriage and her parents will get that child killed using some "naattu vaiththiyam" and "confidentially".

But Sridevi will be psychologically affected and could not be a good wife to vijayakumar who married her later.

Ravikumar will commit suicide when he saw Sridevi as VK's wife. Since he happened to be good family friend of Vijayakumar.

I am not sure how many people got the realmessage in that movie.

Sanguine Sridhar
24th November 2005, 07:16 PM
I want to know the name of the movie which has this song

"Devadhai Ilam Devi"..I know it is Karthick movie..and he acted somethin like a ghost

Shakthiprabha.
24th November 2005, 08:00 PM
Devathai ilam devi....

Was not that.. radhika and mohan's movie.
With shalini(babyshalini) as the posssed spirit? I dunno the name of the movie

Sanguine Sridhar
24th November 2005, 08:08 PM
Devathai ilam devi....

Was not that.. radhika and mohan's movie.
With shalini(babyshalini) as the posssed spirit? I dunno the name of the movie

Nope def not...this is Karthik,Saranya movie...u r talking abt Pillai Nila

Shakthiprabha.
24th November 2005, 08:27 PM
Beckham,

its
'en jeevan paduthu'

madhu
26th November 2005, 04:40 AM
Hi beckam...

devadhai ilam devi is from "Ayiram nilave vaa" a karthik, sulakshana starrer..

"engirundho azhaikkum un geedham" by Latha / Mano is from "en jeevan paduthu " - karthik, saranya, sudha starrer...

of course, as everybody knows piLLai nila is a popular peiiii padam !

madhu
26th November 2005, 04:43 AM

HI Beckham !

apart from that song... the following are from "pagalil oru iravu"

(not nilavu)

1. kalaiyo silaiyo idhu pon maan nilaiyo by Jayachanran

2. thamtha theemtha aadum uLLam paadum kaviyam by S Janaki

3. ponnaram poovaaram kaNNoram sringaaram by SPB

4. thottam koNda rajavai soodi koNda rajathi by Ilaiyaraja & chorus

Sanguine Sridhar
26th November 2005, 04:58 AM

HI Beckham !

apart from that song... the following are from "pagalil oru iravu"

(not nilavu)

1. kalaiyo silaiyo idhu pon maan nilaiyo by Jayachanran

2. thamtha theemtha aadum uLLam paadum kaviyam by S Janaki

3. ponnaram poovaaram kaNNoram sringaaram by SPB

4. thottam koNda rajavai soodi koNda rajathi by Ilaiyaraja & chorus

Oh thanx a lot Madhu ... Out of these songs which one is equally gud as Ilamayenum Poongaatru?

i remember :D that vadivelu joke.... Ponnarum ... poova rum....

"Ennada rum-la mattum gummu gummnu ethura" :D :D :D

madhu
26th November 2005, 12:26 PM
Hi Bechkam..

kalaiyo silaiyo is a very soft melodious number while ponnaram poovaram is equally peppy song with SPBs voice modulating from low to hight pitch.

thottam konda rajave is a regular number of IR.

But thaamtha theemtha is different in its own way. Except one tabla and another string instrument ( I donno what it is )... only voices of SJ and other thuNai singers.... with swarams, jathis and raga aalapanais made this song...

not many instruments... thats really great isnt it ?

hear once.. u can feel the difference ..

Cod
26th November 2005, 06:04 PM
Which Banumathi film is this superhit song from?

Azhagana ponnu naan
Adhuketha kannu thaan
En kitta irupadhellam
Thanmaanam onnu thaan

:P

Sanguine Sridhar
26th November 2005, 07:46 PM
Cod,
That is Alibaba-vum 40 thirudargalum

Sanguine Sridhar
26th November 2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks Madhu i will!

Btw Is "Anbey Vaa" was directed by Thirulogachander?

I heared that Thirulogachander dominated in tht movie...MGR acted without any gimmicks...is it so?

Shakthiprabha.
26th November 2005, 09:26 PM
MGR in anbE vaa was shockingly interesting!!

He even tried to act!!!!

I loved that movie.

It ws like watching M&B !!!!

Cod
28th November 2005, 01:47 AM
When is Monalisa releasing?

Naan oru theevira visiri of kalaiyarasi Sadha.

nilavupriyan
28th November 2005, 09:10 AM
MGR in anbE vaa was shockingly interesting!!

He even tried to act!!!!

I loved that movie.

It ws like watching M&B !!!!

m&b na ? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
28th November 2005, 11:38 AM
m n b naa.....

mills n(and) boons :grin:

Alien
28th November 2005, 04:23 PM
When was Kamal Haasan awarded "Padmashri" ?