PDA

View Full Version : Metti Oli, is it being stretched?

Oldposts
19th December 2004, 09:36 AM
Topic started by cine (ravihaasan@hotmail.com) (@ bbcache-8.singnet.com.sg) on Sat Jan 10 01:34:21 EST 2004.

I am talking about the dramam serial Metti Oli from Sun TV. I would have prefered if the drama would have ended around 200+ episodes. But it is sad and very annoying to see the Drama being stretched and stretched like a rubber band! I feel that the main reasons are too much of dialouge, overloaded crying scenes, unwanted comedy scenes, furthermore, the most important factor, ADVERTISEMENTS! What u guys think?

Oldposts
agreed...they shud finish it faster..as u said unwanted comedy scenes in gopi's house..getting very boring..ads..so many!!only 13 mins episode..

Oldposts
YEA, i agree! dey should finish da drama.....dey're juss exagerating da problems!
itz too sad to watch! ......da comedy scences arn't really dat funni anymore...so kitz realli boring!

Oldposts
YEA, i agree! dey should finish da drama.....dey're juss exagerating da problems!
itz too sad to watch! ......da comedy scences arn't really dat funni anymore...so kitz realli boring!

Oldposts
But i don't think so. The comedies are alright. The episodes get heated at times and cool down the next moment. The chracters of individual cast varies from person to person in the drama (nice to watch), especially Gopi who reflects how a man as a husband should be. And of course his straight forward style of talk. Huh i like it! I wish it doesn't end.

Oldposts
Yes they have to put an end. Though the story is good, they need not show how the autos / bikes are getting started and how the roads are in chennai n Chidambaram's place? and all. The comedies in Gopi's house are awfull. GOPI alias Thirumurugan please cut that though if you had done the shooting

Oldposts
I watch in between many ads program,a portion of Metti Oli drama and it shows the art of endurance.Hats off to Thirumurugan the director cum actor(gopi)

Oldposts
HEY GUYS
I AM AN AVID METTIOLI FAN I AWAS GLAD TO KNOW THAT GOPI ISTHE DIRECTOR . ACTUALLY METTI OLI BRINGS ALL CHARACTERS FROM ALL WALKS OF LIFE INTO A 20 MI9NS SERIAL. I WISH WE HAD MORE ACCESS TO KNOW ABOUT THE CACTRESS AND ACTROS FROM THE SHOW. ANY WAY I JSUT FOUMD OUT SANTHOSH WAS THE DIRECTOR OF KOLLAM . I WHISH HE WOULD MOPVE THE STORY FAASTER AND GIVE ABI A BREAK.

Oldposts
I agree that mettioli brings characters from everywhere.. Sometimes the galatta @ gopi's house is irritating.. other than i love the serial

Oldposts
Cine, if you are so eager for the show to end, why don't you just read what happens in the show and let them drag the show for those of us who like it? I am sure you will be satisfied knowing how it's gonna end once you read the following:

Saro gives birth to a son but still does not seem to get good support from Manickam. Meanwhile, Saro’s two sisters Leela and Viji get married. Their father dies leaving the orphaned last daughter.

She tries to adjust herself with any of her sisters but it doesn’t happen forcing her to run away. Saro’s son sees the problems going on between his parents and starts growing hatred towards his father.

Saro feels that her son’s life will get spoiled due to their family problem. Hence she decides to put her son in a hostel. She feels alone because of her negligent husband.

Her only solace in life is her son and her brother in law. She is also busy in sorting out the problems in her sisters’ lives. Saro’s life is entangled in giving happiness to others but being unhappy herself.

She is torn between the love for her son and her inability to leave her husband. How she successfully solves the problems in her life forms the rest of the story.

http://sunnetwork.org/suntv/subsetmain.asp?id=sun_224

Oldposts
I dont think mettioli is gonna over by this diwali..Finally Rajam is getting advices from her Sambanthi(santhosh's dad) about how a mother should not visit her daughter after she gets married.. Rajam deserves this for what she did to Saro and Chidambaram.. Im glad she is suffering now..

Oldposts
Hi Riya
I totally agree with you, what goes around comes around. icant wait for them to pile up onthat rajam and her daughter too. let the masses learn that what yu do to other comes back to yu. You cannot be a winner all the time. hope gopi reads this forum and get our messages.

Oldposts
Hi suemani!
Nice to meet you here.

I hope Gopi reads our messages too. I dont know whether Rajam will change or remain same. If she does change I wonder by whom or how. Cuz, even after Chidamabaram gives money for Nirmala, she doesnt seem to be happy. She was talking behind his back and telling Nirmala, how a broker can manage to get this amount of money. I dont understand this lady. How can anyone be this mean?? I just cant go back to the beginning episodes of mettioli. The way she tortured Saro and trying to split her and Manickham.. which mother would do that.. I dont know if you watched the earlier episode where Selvam bought movie tickets for Saro and manickam to go see a movie. Rajam overheard this and acted sick and pain in the afternoon, so Manickam wouldnt go to the movie with Saro. Finally, they didnt end up going to the movie, they went to the hospital with Rajam.. I felt bad for Saro..

Oldposts
It is OK with all ads which dominate the serial,but what happened to Thirumurugan,why not he change some scenes while showing the title song instead of making the same and same and again and again,does he expect one to have a smoke,or go to rest room,or go to kitchen during that time,becasue one could hear the song ?What does he think?

Oldposts
I totally agree with you about the title song.. We are sick'n tired of watching same scenes over and over again.. I think it's about time he should change the scenes according to the episodes.. I think he doesn have time in his hand...looks like he is a very busy man..

Oldposts
READ EPISODE GUIDE AT METTI OLI WEBSITE AT
HTTP://GROUPS.YAHOO.COM/GROUP/METTI_OLI

Oldposts
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/metti_oli

Oldposts
Hi Riya
i guess where ever metti oli is discussed we both are there , nice to see here too. leave it to you to publicize metti oli fan.
just courious do yu see other shows like anandam and kollam too/
meet yu here later
suemani.

Oldposts
Hi suemani!!
you are rite. Where ever there is a nice serial we both are there to discuss about it.. I just posted a message under Kolangal thread.

I watch Mettioli, Kungumam, Kolangal, Agnisatchi, Sahana, Avalum penthanae, Annamalai, Adukiran kannan, Eratai kaddiya manasu. I was busy with my exams for a month so Im far behind all the dramas. Now that Im on holidays from school for four months I can catch up these dramas.. Also, I watch them in cassettes so Im always a week episode behind. I find it easier to watch it in cassettes since I dont have much time to spend it on Tv programas.. this way I can watch the dramas whenever I want to..

Talk to you later..

Oldposts
Saro at mettioli is a sexy babe. Looks kinky in saree. Ahhh..

Oldposts
can any one tell me the remaining story of metti olli. Its really irritating to watch the main characters always crying.

Oldposts
Can any one tell me in which episode will this guy Illango die. its hard to see Viji suffering. Now i am seeing the episode number 367.

Oldposts
I dont know exactly when Elango dies. I know it's really hard to see Viji suffering from Elango's torturing. He will die after Gopi finds out about Viji and Elago's love life.

What episode are you seeing. not the number.. explain the scenes. Then I will tell you.

Check out mettioli discussion forum at yahoo groups.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/metti_oli

Oldposts
Hi Riya, thxs for replying. now i am in the episode where this guy Illango peeps into Viji's bedroom during a night and Viji's husband is getting a doubt about that.

Also i heard that Saro's father will die, when will this happen?

Oldposts
Hi Gaythri!
So far Saro's dad is doing good.. I too read it at suntv website he will die.. but I dont know when is that going to happen. I hope he doesnt die.. He is a really nice person.

I remember those scenes where Elango comes to see Viji at her house. What an idiot.. Gopi does suspect something but he doesnt get it till the phone call incident.. where his friend calls Viji and gives it to Elango then quickly Gopi grabs the phones and listnes everything Elango has said..

really interesting to watch.. keep watching...

Oldposts
i agree tht they r stretchin the drama! so borin already..... over 500 episodes u noe! i thin it is nearin 600 already!

Oldposts
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Kolangal/

Oldposts
metti oli is very good drama to all indian people and example to every body in malaysia.

Oldposts
certainly, it is being stretched..The director is bringing unnecessary twists and turns.A new family is introduced ( devaraj) and that girl shakti she joins in selvam's lorry office. I think the director is trying to tie knots between them. So far this is the one and only mega serial which has been goin on for more than 2 yrs!!SO far the situation of the serial is no where near the ending.

Oldposts
yes it's being streched,BUT IT IS GOOD ENOUGH TO WATCH ALL THE TIME COMBARE TO OTHER BLOODY DRAMAS,SO I WANT THIS TO BE STRECHED STILL MORE. AND I AM REALLY APRICIATE MR THIRUMURUGAN HAVING ALL THIS TALENT TO DIRECT A EXCELLENT MEGA SERIAL LIKE THIS.
THANKS
RATHA/RUBY

Oldposts
Metti Olli is such a GOOD DRAMA that i ever seen. My entire family LOVE to watch it. SHABAS to the DIRECTOR AND OTHERS. We enjoy watching it. NALLE KUDUMBE KATHEI...

Oldposts
It is not just metti-oli. Most of the serials on satellite channels are overstretched. Goukulam veedu, for example. Even in doordarshan, we had junoon going on & on ( I don't know whether it is still going on). Even the writer would have forgotten the link.

Oldposts
hi, i really enjoy watching the seriol metti oli, it portrays the different ways females endure problems in their married life. Among the 4 daughters each has a different way of life, viji is of course the luckiest having a husband like gopi but she on her own is spoiling hert happiness. It depicts the different ways in which a married life can get affected. It is not that the husband or the in-laws are to be blames always, the cause for a family to get destroyed could be in anyone's hands. The serial is really very good, appreciations to the director and all the artistes in the serial. Well done, keep it up

Oldposts
hi, i really enjoy watching the seriol metti oli, it portrays the different ways females endure problems in their married life. Among the 4 daughters each has a different way of life, viji is of course the luckiest having a husband like gopi but she on her own is spoiling her happiness. It depicts the different ways in which a married life can get affected. It is not that the husband or the in-laws are to be blamed always, the cause for a family to get destroyed could be in anyone's hands. The serial is really very good, appreciations to the director and all the artistes in the serial. Well done, keep it up

Oldposts
yup, its being stretched, but its getting interesting. i jus hope de director vil finish it without dragging it much further. i so sick of seeing saro to be beaten up by her so-called affectionate husband manikam. she should stand up to her rights rather than crying all the time.its totally pathetic!woman shld be more strong,tough and not crying like weenies all the time. anyway best regards to all the staff,artistes who r involved in making metti oli the best ever.... well done !

Oldposts
i like to watch metti oli and this drama is one of my favourite drama...eventhough i'm far from my family but i will update what occurs ini drama when i contact my family...syabas to mr director

Oldposts
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Oldposts
abc

Oldposts
I think this drama is load and pile of garbage of nonsense embedded storylines.

Crappy characters of no firm stand and principles with repeated idiocy(note that all the characters in this drama keep making the same mistakes over and over again).

C'MON,there is already so much depression and gloom in this world some which are zillion times more severe than the so called meagre problems that is potrayed in this drama.In reality the problems potrayed are small prob with simple solutions but over exaggerated for the sake of the drama longevity.PLEEEEEEASElah,people can't be that stupid.

And whats up with the buckets of exessive weeping and soobings?I think its time to put a stop to all this drama serials and telenovelas which can braindead the society.Seriously!!!

Oldposts
http://www.indiff.com

Oldposts
Metti Oli is the coolest drama. I like it very much.

Oldposts
The metti oli serial is getting stretched beyond
imagination and the way the women are getting
insulted, any amount of good ending will do no
good to such insults already experienced. Please
stop the serial or put an end to it.It is
sickening to see Rajamma and Ravi and Manickam.
Worth skipping it instead of seeing it.Just reflects the sadist thinking on the part of Director or the sorry state of TN and its culture.

Oldposts
Metti Oli is such a nice mega serial drama that could be watch all the time. There is no thrilling in watching short term drama as there won't be much real stories happened in life in the serial but mega serial...... 50% out of 100% consist of what is actually happened in our real Indian community life. Thanks a lot to the Director which can come out with a good serial like that. I SUPPORT METTI OLI!

Oldposts
i think it is high time that saro gives back. All the viewers would love to watch that.

Oldposts
Metti Oli is the best serials I seen. The stories become very interesting. Keep it up with good work. Shaabash...Metti Oli!

Oldposts
Won't the tamil drama serials will ever reform??
Think they should learn to direct more drama's like "JUST SHOOT ME, CHARMED, SMALLVILLE", and even Singapore's tamil dramas like "SOOR, GURUPAARVAI, ADIMAI", which are more interesting to watch rather than directing drama's fully filled with crying scenes but nothing. I think funeral houses' atmosphere are more worth it...

Oldposts
who the hell asked u fools to see that metti oli.only fools will watch serials and say that they r stretched and they r always crying and all.only workless idiots like u people will do that.stupids!!!

Oldposts
when is this serial ending?? it so annoying to see the same type of fight again and again. Is the director competing with annamalai??? PLEASE MR DIRECTOR! PUT AN END TO THIS DRAMA??? I BEG YOU! enough is enough. I used to enjoy this serial so much, i am beginning to hate this serial. PLEASE IF YOU WANT YOUR NEXT SERIAL TO BE POPULAR LIKE THIS ONE, END THIS ONE ASAP. THANK YOU

Oldposts
I think the reason many people,(including me) like Metti Oli is that it is very realistic. The characters and their reactions are uncannily real. Where it deviates from credibility is that in real life, bad situations would get resolved eventually. I agree that in Metti Oli there are just no ups, only downs. The painful dramatic situations are getting a little too repetitive. I think it should take a newer and lighter direction in its story line. How about a fabulous new life for Saro with somebody else? Now that would be radical.

Oldposts
www.annamalaifan.tk

Oldposts
its good drama

Oldposts
Podhum da vetti
paakadha da metti
nee konja naal soda butti
kedaikaadhu kutti
adikaadhey looti
poi paaru un duty
work only is beauty
earn and goto Ooty

Oldposts
Very nice and clear you all not real fans

Oldposts
Muthu are you T.R.Rahendran's fan????

Oldposts
Aade Pavi Muttu, Kalambitiya..
Nalla irunthe nethe variakum
iniki ipedi kavithai pesuruyeh
athe muneh un kiteh onee solorey...
UN VAYEH POTI

There is always will be 2 thing GOOD nad BAD..
Stretching like a rubber band is GOOD for METTI OLI.
Anyway Meti oli is superb....Gobi superb job my friend..

Oldposts
My entire family loove to watch it. We just can't wait for the release of next episode.

What a GOOD family story. Poor Oldman....

Oldposts
Metti Oli, really shows how father for PONNE should behave towards MAPALAI veedu, how MAREMAGAL handle family against a cruel MAMEAAR and all other different kind of attitude people toward their own way of handle things. But one things clearly shows here is everybody is selfish for their benefits and that is the real lifestyle of human.

Oldposts
That's right.

Oldposts
I love when gopi and viji kiss.

Oldposts
IT'S NICE DRAMA....GOOD JOB THIRUMURUGAN. GO AHEAD.

Oldposts
Metti Oli has become a bore serial. I have started watching Kalki now.

Menaka

Oldposts
will somebody let me know Thirumurugans address

Oldposts
Metti Oli is a good drama. But honestly, Gobi needs to tone down. He is too saintly which is pretty boring and annoying. When the story focuses on Gobi and Viji, it's a yawn.

And can Ravi please admit himself to asylum or get run over by a truck??

I WANT LEELA TO MARRY SELVAM!!!!

Oldposts
Tamil Movie
VCD (200 Titles) - USD 3.15/VCD
DVD (150 Titles) - USD 13.15/DVD

www.veenaimovies.com

Oldposts
it's a nice drama

Oldposts
hii...all nuts....dun u all think that annamalai is being dragged more than metti oli...although they r dragging the story but the story is still vey nice n not like annamalai...which is being dragged n getting so bored...next time u guys try 2 use ur 10000000000000000 wide brains 2 type in the forum

Oldposts
yes Annamalai is being dragged and it gets on my nerves. I dun think Radhika is planning to finish it cos they're not even showing us the number of episodes these days!

Oldposts
saro's maamiyar is getting on nerves.no maamiyaar wiil b like that in real.the charactre is exagerated a lot and it is irritating to see manikam keeping quite everytime when saro is being accused by her maamiyaar.itz high time saro rises up like leela
<a name="last"></a>

aanaa
11th March 2005, 05:03 AM
I totally agree with you about the title song.. We are sick'n tired of watching same scenes over and over again.. I think it's about time he should change the scenes according to the episodes.. I think he doesn have time in his hand...looks like he is a very busy man..

may i have the title song in mp3 format

could u please update the episode

aanaa
11th March 2005, 11:55 PM
knock!! knock !!!
no body hee

soccer_gal
12th March 2005, 07:25 AM
I stopped watching Metti Oli.
How many times are Saro and her mother n' law going to fight already.
I thought the show would end after the whole family rented that van and went to that place. Then another huge fight happens and bla bla bla.

-yawn-

aanaa
13th March 2005, 07:51 PM
I stopped watching Metti Oli.
How many times are Saro and her mother n' law going to fight already.
I thought the show would end after the whole family rented that van and went to that place. Then another huge fight happens and bla bla bla.

-yawn-
if metti oli stops at that stage would have been nice story
unnecessary strechinggggggggg

soccer_gal
14th March 2005, 02:38 AM
yeh, exactly.

sahana6
20th March 2005, 09:33 AM
ok the truth of metti oli
metti oli actullay finished.the since it was soo popular sun tv people asked the producers to extend it that wat happend!!

aanaa
21st March 2005, 03:47 AM
ok the truth of metti oli
metti oli actullay finished.

when?

at ?

the since it was soo popular sun tv people asked the producers to extend it that wat happend!!

sahana6
21st March 2005, 06:03 AM
the last episode is shown on the song.its when everyone was on a boat.

RK
23rd March 2005, 08:22 AM
Hi Sahana... thank god there is someone here..
How is the ending like? Please update. Thank you..

sahana6
23rd March 2005, 08:57 AM
the ending still hasnt happend it still going on

Alisha
23rd March 2005, 05:54 PM
I wish someone can update the latest.

I have watched till the the part where Saro and Manicam return after visiting Nirmala and Rajam.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

RK
24th March 2005, 07:31 AM
Hi Sahana,
Please continue from Alisha's...if possible. Hey, thanks for your time and keep up your good work on updating. Your updates on Selvi is good, I really appreciate it. :)

aanaa
24th March 2005, 07:55 PM
Saro got abortion

--have to save mother so did the abortion.
-- manikam upset - no baby
-- saro's siters are at home
-- they r keen on saro's health at saro's home
- Rajm is also there
- no one notice about rajam
- rajam feels uncomfort- jeolous left for oody in midnight

rajam phones from oody - ?
-manicam - cracy of mother(?) hets mad
scolled every1
-

aanaa
24th March 2005, 08:00 PM
continue--

Boss was cheated by the garments
so lost all money
may be Gobi comfort him

aanaa
24th March 2005, 08:01 PM
now someone has to take over
I do need help frpm others
i didnot watch

sahana6
25th March 2005, 05:08 AM
- manikam at hospital
-mom ok had bp high
thats all i saw sorry!

aanaa
25th March 2005, 11:20 PM
- manikam at hospital
-mom ok had bp high
thats all i saw sorry!

don't be sorry

thx for u

but why manikam is at hospital??

any idea

newcomer
26th March 2005, 01:56 AM
I think Manikam is in the hospital to look after his mother.
I don't think he is sick.

Bose's Garments will be burnt down and so, they are sad.
Gopi will have fight with a local Rowdy so, his garments will be smashed with that local rowdy. and also his family is facing lots of problems because of that rowdy.

i don't watch it regularly. I know only this much.

sahana6
26th March 2005, 04:58 AM
ya he's there for his mom

aanaa
28th March 2005, 04:01 AM
I think Manikam is in the hospital to look after his mother.
I don't think he is sick.

i don't watch it regularly. I know only this much.

thank u

aanaa
28th March 2005, 04:02 AM
ya he's there for his mom

his charactor ?

only mom?

so why married?

sahana6
28th March 2005, 04:11 AM
i'll ask him n tell u!!LOL