PDA

View Full Version : New releases of Captain Kshatriyan Vijayakanth

Nakeeran
21st September 2006, 09:10 PM
Hi All :D

Lets discuss our dear Captain's new releases here.

No spamming pls :evil:

<edited-MOD>

imsai
21st September 2006, 09:17 PM
captain rocks.

my fav vjkanth film is Ramana :clap:

Ramakrishna
21st September 2006, 09:21 PM
captain rocks.

Yaa. Thats really a great movie. :thumbsup:

joe
21st September 2006, 09:21 PM
No political discussion Pls!

villan007
21st September 2006, 09:24 PM
captain rocks.

:2thumbsup: ..... vaithegi kathirundhal , Shatriyan :D

Unicorn
21st September 2006, 09:37 PM
Was the story of Kshatriyan by Mani Rathnam :?

captain rocks.

:2thumbsup: ..... vaithegi kathirundhal , Shatriyan :D

Alien
21st September 2006, 09:41 PM

Yup, story as well dialogues , I believe ....
NaanE raajaa naanE mandhiri was good too 8-) .... My fav would b VaithEgi KaathirunthaaL with some terrific IR numbers ... :P

villan007
21st September 2006, 09:56 PM

ya... directed by subash i guess :?

joe
21st September 2006, 10:05 PM
Some movies Vijayakanth performed well

1.Poonthotta kaaval karan
2.Senthoora poove
3.vaithegi kaathirunthaal
4.Ramana
5.Chinna Gownder

Nerd
21st September 2006, 10:09 PM
I love his naanE rAjA naanE manthiri for two reasons:

1. THe comedy - Especially the interview scene :rotfl:

2. The song mayanginEn solla thayanginEn - What a number :clap:

I like his amman kOvil kizhakkalE for the songs and rAdhA :P

joe
21st September 2006, 10:21 PM
Looks like Perarasu is released already .why nobody talk about it?

Anybody seen Perarasu,How is it? Is it hit?

Nakeeran
21st September 2006, 10:23 PM
Actually Captain's turning point came through OOMAI VIZIGAL.

This Aabavanan movie was a super hit though the movie is one of the lengthiest !

After this, Captain joined hands with DFT guys & made movies like

1. Pulan visaranai
2. Managara kaval
3. Captain Prabakaran

These 3 movies quickly catapulted him to star status

Earlier, he had new lease of life through AMMAN KOVIL KIZAKALE courtesy Isainyani & some fun here & there

Vaidegi kathirundhal earned a good name

His Sattam oru irutarai was such a super hit that it was remade in Hindi starring Amitabh & Superb star !

Over a period of time, he moulded his characters & secured a place for himself :D

ajithfederer
21st September 2006, 10:23 PM
Shatriyan: a classic for me.......

The Villan Aranganayagam says to Vijayakanth(Paneer selvam)

"Neenga thirumbavum pazhaya Paneer selvama varanum"

Immortal words :)

Unicorn
21st September 2006, 10:29 PM
Sifys given it a positive review
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?cid=2429
:roll:
I think it doesnt have much of circusware :roll:

nilavupriyan
21st September 2006, 11:03 PM
Shatriyan: a classic for me.......

The Villan Aranganayagam says to Vijayakanth(Paneer selvam)

"Neenga thirumbavum pazhaya Paneer selvama varanum"

Immortal words :)

when he tells to the police officer..."sattaya kalatuda"

"paneerselvam...naanum unna maadhiri policethan"

"nee police illada..porikki..."...gethu ...he has that thenavettu!

in naane raja naane mandhiri

"ennada padra"

"4 kataila padrenga"

"appa matha kattailam enna pudungaradhukka vechurkka" :rotfl:

Surya
22nd September 2006, 05:19 AM
My Fav Captain Films are:

Vedhehi kaahirunthaal
Ramana
Vallarasu (There were a few cool scnes! :D )
Amman Kovil Kizhakaalai (Mainly becoz of Raja's Music! :musicsmile:

villan007
22nd September 2006, 05:59 AM

reviews are +ve..... :D

Surya
22nd September 2006, 06:04 AM
So are the BO Collections! :thumbsup:

Above Average, is expected to pick up due to good reviews! 8-)

raaja_rasigan
22nd September 2006, 10:17 AM
SATHRIYAN
Story, Screenplay : Mani Ratnam
Dialogues: varunan
Direction: subash (debut, i think so)
Production: AALAYAM (maniratnam & sri ram)

sathriyan is a superb movie, mainly because of its tailor made story apt for VJK & a neat presentation without any comedy tracks & item number songs for villain, duet for hero, still it had some a wonderful melodies, none other than isaignani

villain thilagan, the way he spells each dialogues is so nice to watch.

"AC sir..... nalla irukkingala"

"bayapadathe, naa veliye vandha unna onnum panna maattaen" - when he gets bail (classy dialogue, I never heard these kind
of lines in anyother movie, everyother movie they says avana kollanum like that)

"approver...... mani barathy approver"

"panneer selvam thirumbavum policela seranum... appuram indha annachi yaarunnu kaatanum"

"annachi palaya annachithaanu ellorum sollanum"

I rate this is the best (may be first) movie of thilagan in tamil :clap: :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
22nd September 2006, 12:53 PM
when it comes to sathriyan i can write a lot. :)

The small girl who acted as VJK's daughter is sun tv top ten gundu harthi, also comes in Arul with jothika.

Dialogues in this film are crisp & not like present day vijaykanth films. :)

raaja_rasigan
22nd September 2006, 12:59 PM
This is my 50th post:
This post is for isaignani Ilayaraaja's BGM for sathriyan.

What a superb piece of music, it doesn't irritates the viewers, but in todays trend, action movies need some vigorous sound as the music. I wont mention any movie in particular (apram ellam sandaikku varuvinga). Idhu oru eludhappadaadha sattam aagivittadhu.

When VJK becomes police once again, the theme music will be a treat to hear. :clap:

Also when he goes to search thilagan's house & arrest him when he is in his breakfast....... music is beautiful. :clap:

"Maalayil yaaro" song nice melody, still it has its freshness. That is ilayaraajas's magic. :clap:

Raaja endrum raajadhaan :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
22nd September 2006, 01:02 PM
CATAIN VIJAYAKANTH - Perfect in this film sathriyan.

I don't think he could have done anything better than this in anyother film or in this film. Neat matured performance. :thumbsup:

His appearance in police dress..... what to say other than good.
He looks good as well as the father of 2 children.

When he is suspended, he will be sitting & smoking in the railway station. This pose will be good. If u all see this movie again, make a note of it. :clap:

I think, Mani Ratnam hits the bullz eye, by choosing vijaykanth for his story & screenplay. :clap:

kudos to sathriyan team for making it a memorable film (for me atleast) :thumbsup:

selvakumar
24th September 2006, 07:03 PM
Watched Perarasu on Friday night !
The opening scene was :rotfl:
AFter that I thought that the movie will be yet another Sudheshi.

But to my surprise, it was more satisfying considering the recent captain films. Something like Vallarasu. The climax fight between the two brothers was superb :clap: ! But I think that fight should have been shot much better !

Heroine Kaamna (not sure abt name) was fine.
Ragasiya's item number "Ada vaangoenna" made the front benchers go "ga..ga".. It was good.. and thelyrics were :oops:

Heroine came exactly for 4 frames and GOD saved us with only one neat duet song without much fuss and emotions from the captain shot in a village setup ! :)

Heroine's first intro with VK was :rotfl: and the way she concluded that scene was superb

VK - poo..intha chinna matterukku thaan ivvalavaa
Heroine: aahhhnnn..:angry2: 32 chinna matterah.. <<<<<censored>>>>> ennoda friends circle la yae enakku thaan <<<censored>>> :rotfl:

Surprisingly, Captain looks more old in some frames and in the subsequent frames he looks a bit lean (Read.. here bit should be taken as per captain's physique) !

Overall - Watchable movie ! Praveen Mani's BGM was :rotfl:

raaja_rasigan
25th September 2006, 07:51 PM
CAPTAIN PRABHAKARAN:

Tamil cinemavin miga brammaandamaana padangalil onru... considering the period of the film to be released

100-avadhu padathai super dooper hit aakiya vegu sila herokkalil oruvar namma captain :)

Paadalgal kammiyaana, romance kammiyaana, Bore adikkaamal sellum action padangalil onru

Ramakrishna
6th October 2006, 01:00 AM
[tscii:5686b409ec]Perarasu on his toes…
Oct 05, 2006

Actor Vijayakanth is very busy these days. He has no time in his hands. He is seen working day in and day out for the upcoming election. The success he tasted during the assembly election has spurred him. Between his busy political schedule Captain wants to finish his Dharmapuri quick and fast. He wants the movie to hit the screens as decided on Diwali day. But Perarasu was taking his own time which did not go down well with Vijayakanth. Vijayakanth in his own style called upon the director and insisted that the movie gets completed on time. Perarasu after this incident is on his toes. We do know what captain’s style is.

No wonder Perarasu is the first person to be in the dubbing theatre these days. With just the dubbing of the movie left, we believe the movie would get ready for the Diwali race.

All the best captain for the movie as well as for the upcoming elections.
[/tscii:5686b409ec]

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 08:28 PM
OK..... Madurai bye election result is out..... :D

captain vijayakanth's DMDK got 17394 votes & it came 3rd, behind DMK & ADMK respectively.

DMDK got 5000 more votes than the general elections & the margin between ADMK & DMDK is just 2500+ votes :D

ini DHARMAPURI oodunaa enna oodaatti enna... :wink:

we are happy :D

Erica
17th October 2006, 08:38 PM

captain vijayakanth's DMDK got 17394 votes & it came 3rd, behind DMK & ADMK respectively.

DMDK got 5000 more votes than the general elections & the margin between ADMK & DMDK is just 2500+ votes :D

Yep! the election results of DMDK is just amazing :roll: no wonder if VJK becomes CM in the near future.

Erica
17th October 2006, 08:44 PM
Surprisingly, Captain looks more old in some frames and in the subsequent frames he looks a bit lean (Read.. here bit should be taken as per captain's physique) !

No wonder Old people looks old :D lean'a theriyara scene'la ellam konjam belts adhigama katti iruppar :oops: . If you watch his recent movies esp. duet songs, he just wraps his stomach with some belts :roll: he is more than 50 right.

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 08:55 PM
Yep! the election results of DMDK is just amazing :roll: no wonder if VJK becomes CM in the near future.

wait & c :D

Thirumaran
17th October 2006, 09:00 PM

:clap:

He was really bold enough to enter into politics when 2 parties votes base is huge.

That too contesting alone without any other extra support.

He is on the way to rule TN. :P may not be in immediate future. But he will get his chance. :)

When Rajini and Kamal were rocking TN Vijaykanth without good looks and without any great director's support, was having his wonderful moments in TN cinema.

Hats off to his courage and hard work :2thumbsup:

joe
17th October 2006, 09:07 PM
Best wishes to Vijayakanth!

Raja_rasigan,Thirumaran,
As long as not leading to political discussion,it is ok.

Btw,my thoughts in my blog
http://cdjm.blogspot.com/2006/10/blog-post_17.html
(not to discuss here) :)

Nakeeran
17th October 2006, 09:17 PM

Raja_rasigan,Thirumaran,

Btw,my thoughts in my blog
http://cdjm.blogspot.com/2006/10/blog-post_17.html
(not to discuss here) :)

Mr. Joe

Why U are following double standards here ? What is the need to give link about your INVALUABLE thoughts somewhere.

YOU COULD HAVE SENT A PM INSTEAD TO THE CONCERNED.

If I post my thought about Mukaa in his thread about his negative contribution to tamil cinema, YOU WILL USE YOUR POWERFUL INFLUENCE AND DELTE SUCH POSTS BECAUSE YOU HATE SOMETHING WHICH IS NOT IN YOUR FAVOUR

I wonder, how long you will continue with such unilateral dominations in TFM portal .

Your double standard approach is really stunning and makes us wonder whether the Portal follows CONSISTENCY.

And ultimately you are also a Moderator ! My God.

Thirumaran
17th October 2006, 09:19 PM

Raja_rasigan,Thirumaran,

No worries Joe. Me or Raaja_Rasigan know our limits. We would only discuss abt VK and his plus points. No targetting on other parties definetly :)

Nakeeran
17th October 2006, 09:21 PM

Raja_rasigan,Thirumaran,

No worries Joe. Me or Raaja_Rasigan know our limits. We would only discuss abt VK and his plus points. No targetting on other parties definetly :)

Thirumaran

What is the need for Joe to post his THOUGHTS here which ARE ALL POLITICS RELATED.

And the Moderator edits all the posts in the first page !

What a paradox ! :shock:

Nakeeran
17th October 2006, 09:23 PM
No political discussion Pls!

Look here !

Mr. Joe starts off with his advice above.

And he himself posts his valuable links !

Kashtamada saami :twisted:

Thirumaran
17th October 2006, 09:37 PM
Thirumaran

What is the need for Joe to post his THOUGHTS here which ARE ALL POLITICS RELATED.

There is 2 ways of looking into it.

That may not be necessary in one way.

But there is nothing wrong. Here the discussion on VK came. He posted his writings on the same from his blog. It is quite natural among humans to share their writings/any other information abt them.

Let us not find fault with every post of someone.

If we start finding fault, probably all the posts in the hub can be removed.

Back to VK :)

Nakeeran
17th October 2006, 09:37 PM
God ! :shock:

Few minutes before, I saw a post of Imsai and its gone now ! :x

Hey , whats happening here ????????????????????? :evil:

imsai
17th October 2006, 09:41 PM
God ! :shock:

Few minutes before, I saw a post of Imsai and its gone now ! :x

Hey , whats happening here ????????????????????? :evil:

Nakee, :rotfl: I deleted it because we'd be framed as "culprits" :sad:

Anyway, if a topic cannot be discussed here then why post a link that talks about it. It's like saying no profanity is allowed and posting a link :sad:

I hope you know what I meant.

Nakeeran
17th October 2006, 09:48 PM
Thirumaran

There is 2 ways of looking into it.

That may not be necessary in one way.

But there is nothing wrong. Here the discussion on VK came. He posted his writings on the same from his blog. It is quite natural among humans to share their writings/any other information abt them.

Let us not find fault with every post of someone.

If we start finding fault, probably all the posts in the hub can be removed.

Back to VK :)

Sorry Thirumaran

I see DOUBLE STANDARDS AND DIFFERENT YARDSTICKS / PARAMETERS being applied on some individuals here.

If Mr. Joe wishes to share his THOUGHTS he could have sent a PM to you all INSTEAD OF SHOWING IT TO EVERYONE and also post as if he is not keen to talk about politics in this thread.

Look, besides, Mr. Joe has additional responsibilities as a Moderator and his posts should set a pattern to NOVICES LIKE ME .

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 10:08 PM

Raja_rasigan,Thirumaran,

u r right thirumaaran sir....... ennaikkumae naan Illayaraaja & vijayakanth'oda + ves mattumae pesi irukkaen.... avangala pathi pesumbodhu their counterparts pathi - ve'ah post pannadhillai......

in fact, I just posted the results of the election & about his growth that too in vijaykanth's thread... not in any other thread. 8-)

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 10:11 PM
When Rajini and Kamal were rocking TN Vijaykanth without good looks and without any great director's support, was having his wonderful moments in TN cinema.

this was one point which i am posting repeatedly for others to understand about captain & also the reason behind my liking for captain :)

Thirumaran
17th October 2006, 10:15 PM

this was one point which i am posting repeatedly for others to understand about captain & also the reason behind my liking for captain :)

Right. Probabably no other actor in his position would not have gained the popularity he had.

In several of C centres he is more popular than Rajini also :)

I had read somewhere. He was asked to act as Villian in Muratu kaalai during his initial stages. He rejected saying he wont act as villian to other actors and stood strong on his point :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 10:18 PM
He was asked to act as Villian in Muratu kaalai during his initial stages. He rejected saying he wont act as villian to other actors and stood strong on his point :thumbsup:

It was a new info for me.... its nice to read some old interesting info's..... But muratukaalai gave a new villain called jai shanker...
then our captain stepped into jai sharkar's roles i.e.. cop roles 8-)

nilavupriyan
17th October 2006, 10:20 PM
He was asked to act as Villian in Muratu kaalai during his initial stages. He rejected saying he wont act as villian to other actors and stood strong on his point :thumbsup:

It was a new info for me.... its nice to read some old interesting info's..... But muratukaalai gave a new villain called jai shanker...
then our captain stepped into jai sharkar's roles i.e.. cop roles 8-)

puli pasichalum pulla thinnadhu :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 10:20 PM
In several of C centres he is more popular than Rajini also :)

Actually in those days he is called as "yezhaigalin rajinikanth" means "rajinikanth for poor producers".... :)

joe
17th October 2006, 10:25 PM
Vijayakanth came to my village for a shooting (movie :Santhosha Kanavugal) .At that time he was not that popular .I was a boy ,had a chance to shakehand with him.

I like Vijayakanth in a way ,He supported lot of new technicians ,directors who were just out of film institute ..Omai vizhigal is one movie many new comers involved .Vijayakanth continued to support young talents for long time .That is why he has good name among artists.

raaja_rasigan
18th October 2006, 12:35 AM
He supported lot of new technicians ,directors who were just out of film institute ..Omai vizhigal is one movie many new comers involved .Vijayakanth continued to support young talents for long time .That is why he has good name among artists.

since none of the existing directors supported him earlier....... he backed new comers & reaped success for both actor & the technician....

engo padithadhu...... being a big star, he acted as the way A R Murugadoss wanted for RAMANAA & never gave any correction (even for his characters death in the climax) :clap:

Unicorn
23rd October 2006, 12:48 PM
[tscii:12297da612]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14316262&ctid=5&cid=2429

It has a terrific introduction scene aimed at B and C audiences to prove that Cpatain is invincible. A thug fires a bullet straight at the hero’s chest, the bullet bounces back and hits the gunman injuring him- our hero has a metal plate to protect himself! I
:rotfl: :rotfl: Ill watch the film jus for this scene :clap:

Some names invented by the king of names here
Mokkayam :oops:
Peruchalikaruppu :omg:
Silanthikaruppu :yessir:

Verdict: Political propaganda :cry3:
[/tscii:12297da612]

Aandavan
25th October 2006, 07:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOLKDLbhwPI&mode=related&search=

chinna vaathiyar vjkanth for karkka karkka song.. :lol:

leosimha
26th October 2006, 03:44 PM
[tscii:0fbf4d8110]“Extremely funny review of Dharmapuri: By visitor”

This review was forwarded by one of our visitors Pradeep Krishna (boneychappu@yahoo.co.uk). This is being published on his request.

The views expressed in here are by K.Muralidharan. Behindwoods.com doesn’t hold responsible for the content or the copyright of the review.

Anything for the fans!

Thanks,
Editor,
Behindwoods.
A funny way of looking at Dharmapuri

If you are still in Diwali mood, please don't read the following review,

After contributing to the major downfall of Ajith's tirupathi, its director..per ..per ..perarasu....he was thinking who could he terminate next and ..yes....he got our captain and that's the evolution of a legendary universal(tamil) film "DHARMAPURI"...
Dharmapuri movie

Precautionary steps to watch this film:

1.Four pieces of cotton...(2 to keep in ears...and the rest 2 will be kept in our noses after we watch the film fully)

2. zandu balm,tiger balm..if possible original time bomb.

3. itch guard (b'cos paadhi padam paarthu namaku udambellam pull'arikum').

Actors:

Captain Vijaykanth(3/4 screen...),Heroine-achacho paavam(not even 4 scenes including songs),comedy..all scenes where captain comes becomes comedy to the core.

All other vetti actors(donno what they do ½ time).
Moments of the film:

1.Captain's intro:----- NO Indian..oops..hollywood film could ever try such imagination to project his hero to this level as perarasu does.(u deserve an applause..).while all his partymen,wait for his entry in screen..there comes captain to save a minister's girl from a rowdy in rameswaram..rowdy threatens everyone including policemen nearby with his gun and no one goes near him(obvious..)Captain looks at him,goes nearhim barehanded. The rowdy warns him 3 times(Indian cinema rule..not more than 3) and then shoots at him..the bullet hits vijaykanth's chest...and reflects back and hits the rowdy's chest and kills him...Please wait...don't get astonished.then he takes out the "archanai plate"he hid in his shirt(what a archanai thattu..if u can get for 10 rs.it acts as bullet proof and save ur life).

Dharmapuri movie
Dharmapuri movie

Advice to all military forces:please dismantle all ur bullet proof shields and get archanai thattu's for them. cost cutting one.

2 if time permits captain gets his costume change and start performing exercises..iam sorry..dances.. and 30 to 40 dancers surround him and shout"neenga thaan nallavar, neenga thaan vallavar, neenga naaliku CM, morning na AM,evening na PM"...happa horrible torture and where on earth his costumes are picked up...fluorescent coloured shirt specially and he makes to a point that in all scenes including his duet or romantic scene his party's "flaming torch"symbol is projected well.And a grand make up like rajkiran with a big crown on his head and sandal on his body(weak hearted people pls omit the scene)

3. Half the film is like assembly meetings and virudhachalam campaign speeches.and everybody including the villain praises him .

"naan adangi poravan illai adakitu poravan"

"ivaru kootani vaika maatar,thani aala thaan irupaar"

"ennai nambuna nambikai..mathavangalukku etcharikai

ivar naadodi illai....naadodi mannan"..

Dharmapuri movie
Dharmapuri movie

When u atleast rest in peace that the director Perarasu didn't act in this film as he did in tirupathi....after interval even that dream goes crashed..oops.here we have his entry as "Speed"lawyer perarasu.he comes and says"naan porandha edam sivakasi, valarandha idam tirupachi, pona idam tirupathi,ipo nikaradhu dharmapuri"innum neraya idam poven....(oh god we are done for...mokkanayakanur,paanaampati,paradesipalayam.. lots to come ). Soon he will become best competitor of T rajendhar.

Note:- don't miss the scene where captain hits 50 men in a row with a single kick which even matrix Keanu reaves couldn't get it right. And also the scene where captain blasts 1000 figure bombs(kanni vedi.he..he) with his small remote control which we use for MP3 players in car's.(technology drives...)

Iam sorry guys(?????)I didn't see the climax, I came away ½ hr before climax as I was in a mood to hit my head somewhere and cry badly seeing this.

Last but not least "Dharma puri"---poisonous pani puri. Die another day.

K.Muralidharan.[/tscii:0fbf4d8110]

raaja_rasigan
26th October 2006, 07:48 PM
[tscii:ec7fd66ef2]Dharmapuri - City of Good and bad
IndiaGlitz [Friday, October 20, 2006]
The masses never get disappointed with Vijayakanth’s formula films even though they offer nothing new. For, it gives them what they want. Dharmapuri also does. It's a patented Vijayakanth film. A do-gooder, he sets things right single-handedly in his native village which suffers humiliation at the hands of selfish and corrupt influential men.

The movie has come at a right time when his political career is on an upward swing. What more Captains utter punch dialogues which will certainly find favor with his fans and party cadre.

Perarasu , having earned a name for himself with his racy screenplay and catchy storyline, does what is expected of him. Besides penning the lyrics, the director had sung a song himself and appears in a cameo.

Vijayakanth looks fresh and is bubbling with enthusiasm. And it is not just in stunts, but he has also tried his hand at dancing.

Lakshmi Rai plays the typical heroine of a Vijayakanth films. She runs around romancing Vijayakanth and just stays away from her for he is on a different mission. M S Baskar plays the comedian part well. Coming all through the film, playing Vijayakanth's friend, he has given an excellent performance. A gang of villains including Manivannan, Raj Kapoor, Bobby and Rajasekhar Reddy goes around challenging Vijayakanth only to surrender to him meekly in the end.

The movie is set in a remote village in Dharmapuri, known for making dolls from clay. It is the livelihood of people in the village. Unfortunately a Mokkaiyan (Manivannan) along with his sons Silandhy Karuppu (Raj Kapoor) and Peruchali Karuppu (Bobby) grab the land and give it on a lease for a local MLA Konda Mookan.

Humiliated and agitated, the villagers decide to put an end to their shenanigans. They set in search of Sivaraman, son of Meiyappan (Vijayakumar), who once strived for the welfare of the village and later forced to flee the village due to Mokkaiyan's family.

They finally spot Sivaraman (Vijayakanth) in Rameshwaram, where he works tirelessly for the uplift of the people. They convince him to return to the village and teach Mokkaiyan and his family a lesson.

Enters Sivaraman on a mission. He comes across Valarmathy (Lakshmi Rai) and falls in love with her. Meanwhile, he also embarks on a mission to teach the baddies a lesson. Did he achieve success forms the crux.

The movie has songs boasting Vijayakanth and hard-hitting dialogues at several sequences which revolve around the current political situation in the State. Vijayakanth fits in the mass-hero role quite well. He is at his best mouthing those dialogues which are targeted at the politicians.

The movie has a huge star cast including Peeli Sivam, Anu Mohan, Rajesh and Mano Bala among others.

Racy musical score by Srikanth Deva adds pep to the movie. But at many places the background score is jarring.

Perarasu has dished out a movie that would certainly appease front-benchers. A commercial pot-boiler, the movie will be lapped by Vijayakanth's fans.

Sure to make it big in rural centres, the movie also has enough stunt sequences for action-lovers.

[/tscii:ec7fd66ef2]

Surya
26th October 2006, 09:56 PM
So the movie is gonna get atleast an average run? :)

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 12:55 PM

have to wait for 2 more weeks to confirm this

selvakumar
27th October 2006, 01:06 PM

uNgalukku porumai romba jaasthi ! (Take this as a compliment) :D

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 02:10 PM

uNgalukku porumai romba jaasthi ! (Take this as a compliment) :D

I don't take anything in wrong way...... :)

I said 2 more weeks, bcoz eppo venumnaalum padatha thookkalaam (i mean this only for dharmapuri).
Captain padam odunaathaan nambha mudiyum, expectation ellaam kedayaadhu :cry:

VARALAARU - vazhthukkal :D ..... ini vijay neraya ulaikka vendi irukkum.

leosimha
27th October 2006, 02:13 PM
Thanks raaja rasigan for the wishes of Varalaaru's success......and I like the way in which you said
ini vijay neraya ulaikka vendi irukkum typical captain dialogue....hats off to you...

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 02:30 PM
Thanks raaja rasigan for the wishes of Varalaaru's success......and I like the way in which you said
ini vijay neraya ulaikka vendi irukkum typical captain dialogue....hats off to you...

personally I also feel Ajith to come up, bcoz he (similar to vijaykanth) doesn't have any GODFATHER for his growth in this industry.

leosimha
27th October 2006, 02:43 PM

personally I also feel Ajith to come up, bcoz he (similar to vijaykanth) doesn't have any GODFATHER for his growth in this industry.

But I don't want Ajith to go the CAPTAIN way of choosing roles.....:D

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 03:30 PM
But I don't want Ajith to go the CAPTAIN way of choosing roles.....:D

Y?

The same Captain completed silver jublee in industry & still he is NOT OUT & ex-nadigar sanga thalaivar & current MLA & Ini avar makkal naayagan......

Anyway, all the best for AZHWAR too :)

AZHWAR - Thirai arangugalai aalattum
CAPTAIN - Thamizh makkal idhayangalai aalattum :D

Unicorn
27th October 2006, 03:33 PM
Athukkul SUn TVla pottruvaanga.. :lol2:

selvakumar
27th October 2006, 03:35 PM

Ddin't you hear about IBRAAHIM RAAVUTHAR. He is the man who was behind VK for every trouble !

Please don't compare him with our THALA :twisted: :x

Unicorn
27th October 2006, 03:43 PM
Unga area Don :roll:

Ddin't you hear about IBRAAHIM RAAVUTHAR. He is the man who was behind VK for every trouble !

selvakumar
27th October 2006, 03:57 PM
Unga area Don :roll:

:roll: What you want you convey with this? He was associated with a political party and produced most of VK's movies as his binaami ! Ask these things from any elder people ! Hope RAAJA_RASIGAN enlightens you !

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 04:14 PM

similar to NIC arts S S Chakravarthy :twisted: :x

Appram yaar kuda THALA'ya compare pannalaam.... :roll:

yaarkudavum compare panna mudiyaadhavanga ulagathula yaarume kidayaadhu.... appadi nenacha adhukku peru "ganam" - THALA"ganam"

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 04:18 PM

I don't get u "VK for every trouble " as most of IBRAAHIM RAAVUTHAR films with vijaykanth are super Hits & to my knowledge it is co-produced by vijaykanth himself

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 04:20 PM

adhukku peru vijay padam.... vijaykanth padam illai :lol2:

Unicorn
27th October 2006, 04:23 PM
Jokeaa illa :poke:
Vijay films are telecasted atleast 1.5 yrs after release(that too for a spl occasion like Diwali or Pongal or tamil new yr etc)

adhukku peru vijay padam.... vijaykanth padam illai :lol2:

selvakumar
27th October 2006, 04:26 PM
Ibrahim Rauthar was associated with many political leaders ! That is how he got the help and de veloped ! At sevearl points of time, VK got good friends never ditched him !
Hope you got what I meant !

Thanks that you are happy with the rise of ajith. Atleast for us, stop bringing in VK and ajith under the same line. He is much better and didn't you hear what happened during Varalaaru release ! :cool: in Madurai ! Check it out ! :cool:
Even our KARTHI @ aandavan had posted on that !

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 04:50 PM
Jokeaa illa :poke:
Vijay films are telecasted atleast 1.5 yrs after release(that too for a spl occasion like Diwali or Pongal or tamil new yr etc)

neenga solradhu idhuvaraikkum nadandhadhu.....

naa solradhu inimael nadakka povadhu,

bcoz vijay'a sun tv adi maattu velaikki vaangitta maadhiri theriyudhu, koopidumbodhellaam petti kodukka odi varraare :poke:

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 05:06 PM
VK got good friends never ditched him !
:D , most part of his life VK also never let his friends down, may be for 1 or 2 incidents which I haven't came across.

Thanks that you are happy with the rise of ajith
I like Ajith (only) in this generation

Atleast for us, stop bringing in VK and ajith under the same line. He is much better and didn't you hear what happened during Varalaaru release ! :cool: in Madurai ! Check it out ! :cool:

Ajith is 35 & VK is 54 & if Ajith @ 54 bcomes like MGR, Sivaji, Rajini or Kamal...... then I feel sorry for this comparison.

Even VK @ 35 is giving some super dooper hits in his own way.
Only after 35, Pulan visaranai & captain prabakaran were released.

selvakumar
27th October 2006, 05:15 PM

Hey ! I agree with you dude :D on VK's BO successes ! :) I liked him till Maanagara Kaaval and quite a few films after that. But then :oops: After that, I liked him in RAMANA only !
If he can select stories that match his age, then he can be back again dude !
P E A C E

raaja_rasigan
27th October 2006, 05:23 PM
Hey ! I agree with you dude :D

:ty:

P E A C E

:goodidea:

:D

Nakeeran
27th October 2006, 05:38 PM

Hey ! I agree with you dude :D on VK's BO successes ! :) I liked him till Maanagara Kaaval and quite a few films after that. But then :oops: After that, I liked him in RAMANA only !
If he can select stories that match his age, then he can be back again dude !
P E A C E

Selva Sir

Chinna Kaunder parunga . Super acting by Captain !

Gambeeram ( when he gets introduced and the panchayat scene )
Kadhal ( menmayana kadhal with Sukanya . Forget that Bambaram scene :wink: )
Sogam ( when Sukanya gets imprisoned )
Vegam ( when Manorama's life was at stake )
Veeram ( climax fighting )
Perumthanmai ( when he pardons Gauzbhai & leaves to makkal for their theerpu )

ALL IN ONE MOVIE !

Adhu dhaan enga Captain Vijayakanth :D

raaja_rasigan
28th October 2006, 03:24 PM
accidentally I came across vijaykanth thread started in Aug' 2005 & read some pages in it. The posts in the first page is really nice about vijayakanth & rajinikanth.

But in reality, vijaykanth proved it wrong & won in virudhachalam one of the PMK bases.

I recommend u all to read this page

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4475&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

someone has given like this,
"Well, let us watch VK. He is sure a "good victim" for TN politics to bring lot of fun!"

I just smiled after reading this.

Its nice to c some old posts & old thoughts :D

raaja_rasigan
30th October 2006, 09:00 PM
http://www.webulagam.com/cinema/upcoming/0610/17/1061017013_1.htm

thread alive'a irukka appo appo namalaavadhu post pannuvoam :(

raaja_rasigan
31st October 2006, 06:00 PM
captain vijaykanth rocks :thumbsup:

:idea: inspired from other actors thread :lol:

Nakeeran
31st October 2006, 06:12 PM

If u have nothing to say, better stay cool . Instead U are joking at urself :lol: Dont moke this thread

There is no need for Captain's fame to grow further. He has already peaked in his cinema life.

What we expect is to do good to masses as a politician

kb
31st October 2006, 11:28 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWWN5UJBdwQ

for those who didnt see this..

DHARMAPURI INTRO

raaja_rasigan
1st November 2006, 12:50 PM

If u have nothing to say, better stay cool . Instead U are joking at urself :lol: Dont moke this thread

nakeeran..... u have told exactly what i get in my mind whenever i c like this in other threads.
"netrikkan thirappinum kutram kutrame" - nakeeran avargale, idhai neengal indha threadil solli irukkalame

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8265&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=675

en :lol: ukku kaaranam, idhu ponru vetti postugal koodadhu ennum ninaippai idhai paarpavagalukku erpaduthathaan

There is no need for Captain's fame to grow further. He has already peaked in his cinema life.

All will accept rajini attained his peak in cinema... but still their fans take each film seriously & posts each & every news abt him including ROCKS type of posts also.

This is also present in upcoming actor Ajith's thread...... so, i don't think "no need" for captain's fame to grow. Even after bcoming CM, MGR seriously acted in a couple of movies.

- Thavarugalai sutti kaattum urimai nakkeeranukku undu... aanal adhai sivaperumaanidam mattum illaamal elloridamum sutti kaatungal -

raaja_rasigan
1st November 2006, 01:15 PM
nakeeran, idho latest.....

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=790968#790968

c one of the posts at the end :wink:

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 04:29 PM
I think this guy can better quit acting(???)

Aandavan
3rd November 2006, 06:43 PM
I think this guy can better quit acting(???) ithe neenga solla koodaathu :lol:

ajaybaskar
8th November 2006, 12:06 PM

Idha naan yaenpa solla koodathu? Vijay has better acting,dancing,comic skills than captain.

nilavupriyan
8th November 2006, 05:56 PM

Idha naan yaenpa solla koodathu? Vijay has better acting,dancing,comic skills than captain.

only dancing....acting,comic???

vijayakanth palaya padam pathadunda?

ajaybaskar
9th November 2006, 11:04 AM

only dancing....acting,comic???

vijayakanth palaya padam pathadunda?

Palaya padathula mattum enna panraru? Everytime he nudges away the terrorists single handedly. I agree with your point that VK has given some good fims in the past, thanks to the great directors who had cast him.

nilavupriyan
9th November 2006, 11:56 AM
ajaybaskar!

vijay cannot do

vaidhegi kaathirundhal
nane raja nane mandhiri
sathriyan
captain prabakaran
chinna kavundar

vijayakanth is a way better actor than vijay!

kb
9th November 2006, 11:59 AM
how it would have been if young vijaykanth did kadhalukku mariyaathai.. just imagine :?

bulb_mani
9th November 2006, 11:59 AM
The godfather for VIJAYKANTH and VIJAY is SA Chandrasekar.... infact he even tried to promote vijay by using him in a movie called SENTHURAPANDI which is Vijay's 2nd movie i guess.

Used to like Vijay a lot till Friends... but from tirumalai i have nothing to say :oops:

Vijaykanth's Role in Ramana too was superb. Hey if u say he cant do stunts ur wrong. I still remember the last generation people praising him for real stunts without dupes and his leg work is superb.

bulb_mani
9th November 2006, 12:00 PM
how it would have been if young vijaykanth did kadhalukku mariyaathai.. just imagine :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We cant compare a role with their capability. Imagine Vijay doing Saamy?? Or Vijay doing Kaaka Kaaka? Imagine Vijaykanth doing Sachin :lol:

Imagine Danush Doing Gilli!!! See sometimes some roles are tailor made for them.... Kaadhaluku mariyadhai would have been a hit even if Surya / Ajith did it... was not a tailor made role... it was a good story and hence a good role. :D

nilavupriyan
9th November 2006, 12:10 PM

look u mention only kadhalukku mariyadhai!

look at the movies ive mentioned ...thats versatility

kb
9th November 2006, 12:19 PM

kushi :roll:

apidina :oops: :lol:

nilavupriyan
9th November 2006, 12:35 PM

kushi :roll:

apidina :oops: :lol:

apdina vijaykku theriyadhu :lol:

ajaybaskar
13th November 2006, 11:26 AM
ajaybaskar!

vijay cannot do

vaidhegi kaathirundhal
nane raja nane mandhiri
sathriyan
captain prabakaran
chinna kavundar

vijayakanth is a way better actor than vijay!

Imagine VK doing

1.Friends
2.Kushi
3.Gilli
4.Sivakasi
5.Tirumalai
6.Vaseegara

If Vijay had done Dharmapuri, who knows, it wud've become a hit.

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 01:00 PM
If Vijay had done Dharmapuri, who knows, it wud've become a hit.

:roll: :rotfl:
AB,
Just imagine the INTRO scene ! :roll:

smith
13th November 2006, 05:58 PM
I think the comparison is not justified. V'kanth has proved to be a good actor who can do non action roles as well. Vijay on the other hand is a non actor. He hardly opens his mouth to utter a dialogue & as far as his expressions (or lack of it) the less said the better.

But he is on top. That's called luck.

leosimha
13th November 2006, 05:59 PM
smith...who told vijay is on top.....

is dharmapuri a hit.....where is raaja rasigan...

Ramakrishna
20th November 2006, 10:43 PM
[tscii:1bff43da38] Chiru seeks rights for a Vijaykanth film
Nov 20, 2006

In Kodambakkam, films of Vijayjkanth are generally expected to contain certain elements to woo his fans. His films are smeared with political satires and punch dialogues which are a permanent fixture. But the forthcoming ‘Sabari’ directed by Suresh of Gambeeram and Arasu fame is reported to be totally ‘off the track’ from the usual formula of a captain’s film.
Sabari

In Sabari, Vijaykanth dons the role of a doctor called Sabarivasan. As per the industry pundits, this film is likely to be on the lines of Ramana which was a major hit few years back. According to Kollywood sources, Sabari deals in detail about the relationship of police department and health care officials. On hearing this, Telugu super star Chiranjeevi has sought for Telugu rights of the film. The very fact that Chiranjeevi expects the Telugu rights has increased the expectations about this film immensely.[/tscii:1bff43da38]

OnMyWay
20th January 2007, 03:43 AM
Sabari release eppo?