PDA

View Full Version : Rajini and Kamal

Hulkster
20th September 2006, 07:47 PM
We know we have a thread for rajini and kamal and also a thread to compare both actors. But let us remember that both have different styles but their acting characteristics are not far off from each other. While one is a pinnacle of acting in experimental and challenging roles another is a pinnacle of acting in mass roles. These thread is to commemorate both actors and the experiences between them (dialogues,scenes,movies) . Discussion of a future movies between rajini and kamal is also allowed(You guys know that everyone would love rajini and kamal in one movie. :D).

1)No Comparison
2)No glorifying of separate actors

Hulkster
20th September 2006, 07:51 PM
I will start off first. People state that rajini and prabhu have a very good chemistry but i feel the rajini and kamal chemistry in their earlier movies especially balachander movies was a large reason for the movie's success.

Rajini's realistic protrayal of negativity,sarcasm contrasted by kamal's affectionate and compassionate performances was a joy to watch. Both actors had good timing and knew how to end each others expressions/dialogues off. A good example would be avargal and aval oru thodarkathai.

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
20th September 2006, 08:05 PM
http://www.cinemaexpress.com/archaics/011299/rajini/kamal.htm

raaja_rasigan
20th September 2006, 08:34 PM
A different movie, "Ilamai oonjalaadugiradhu"
both play the type of lover boys, a different attempt by one of the best directors sridhar,
music also rocks, by ilayaraaja

ajithfederer
20th September 2006, 09:32 PM
Good thread hulku :clap:

Movie Cop
20th September 2006, 09:38 PM
I would like to see a action thriller movie featuring both Kamal & Rajini with Rajini playing the bad guy.... Remember that Rajini is a kick ass villain if u have seen movies like varal, 16 Vayadhiniley, Moondru Mudichu etc...

The movie should be something like this Kamal is a cop (Kamal rocks in VV as a tough cop) or at least a "do gooder" guy and Rajini should play the role of a gangster or a underworld don... The movie sould be directed by a big shot like Maniratnam or Shankar! The movie will rock man! I just love to see Kamal & Rajini acting together in a movie! :thumbsup:

Nerd
20th September 2006, 09:46 PM
:fishgrin:

Alien
20th September 2006, 09:48 PM
What movie was varal , Movie cop ? :?
I don't think a -ve Rajni whilst Kamal being +ve is possible now . But I think the vice versa is possible ! Rem Kamal can rock in understated -ve role like in Sigappu RojaakkaL
Or the best is both doing -ve roles, with some other good guy :P 8-)

Ramakrishna
20th September 2006, 09:49 PM
What movie was varal , Movie cop ? :?
I don't think a -ve Rajni whilst Kamal being +ve is possible now . But I think the vice versa is possible ! Rem Kamal can rock in understated -ve role like in Sigappu RojaakkaL
Or the best is both doing -ve roles, with some other good guy :P 8-)

This is possible.
Rajini in one +ve role
Kamal in one +ve role and one -ve role. :wink:

Alien
20th September 2006, 09:57 PM
This is possible.
Rajini in one +ve role
Kamal in one +ve role and one -ve role. :wink:
mm... possible .... But I prefer in such a "future" movie, both acting -ve or like Moviecop's idea 8-) ... somthing like "Heat" - Al pacino playing the cop & Robert de niro playing the Mob :P

nilavupriyan
20th September 2006, 10:05 PM
or like a pithamagan or sholay story line... friends

Movie Cop
20th September 2006, 10:16 PM
Alien,
That was a typing mistake.... I meant Avargal... Yeah I agree Rajini fans will not like the idea of Rajini doing a -ve role that too in a movie with Kamal... Similarly Kamal fans will also get upset if Kamal does -ve role... But between the two, I feel Rajini will be a good choice for the bad guy because of his past performances. If both do +'ve roles fighting a common enemy then the movie will not be that much exciting, I feel... If Kamal & Rajini act together in a movie then definitely they should act as opponents with equal footage on the movie! :)

P_R
21st September 2006, 12:31 AM
In a DD interview in '94 (where all stars asked Kamal questions)

Rajini: aama Kamal, enna vachu eppo padam edukka pOreenga..?
Kamal: Idhu dhaan enga Madra-le jama lakkadi giri girinnu solluvaanga. naama reNdu pEr enna pEsikkittOm...enna vachu neenga padam edukkuradhaagavum..ungalai vachu naan padam edukkuradhaagavum. ippo enna producer aakkitteenga..paravaayillai. rajinikku appidingra pOdhu nalla script kadaikkaNum. En kitta oru director irukkaaru. aana en hero othukkuvaara ? director naan..hero neenga. enna solreenga ?

Though they were both definitely joking, the very prospect of such a combination thrills me this date.

P_R
21st September 2006, 12:39 AM
AvargaL, featured great (but rather independent) performances from Rajini and Kamal. So it is my (distant) second.

16 Vayathinile is my all-time favourite. Seeppu kuduthu vittALE sillrai kuduthu vittALA ? Idhu eppidi irukku !

MADDY
21st September 2006, 01:40 AM
i wud like to see a sholay sort of movie with Rajini and kamal as veeru/jay with Aamir or SRK as gabbar.... :D

m_23_bayarea
21st September 2006, 06:26 AM
We know we have a thread for rajini and kamal and also a thread to compare both actors. But let us remember that both have different styles but their acting characteristics are not far off from each other. While one is a pinnacle of acting in experimental and challenging roles another is a pinnacle of acting in mass roles. These thread is to commemorate both actors and the experiences between them (dialogues,scenes,movies) . Discussion of a future movies between rajini and kamal is also allowed(You guys know that everyone would love rajini and kamal in one movie. :D).

1)No Comparison
2)No glorifying of separate actors

Congratulations on creating this thread with such a good intent dude !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nerd
21st September 2006, 09:15 AM
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/tamil-stars-say-no-to-multistarrers/22063-8.html

P_R
21st September 2006, 10:18 AM
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/tamil-stars-say-no-to-multistarrers/22063-8.html
Written by someone who's been asked to write something in half-an-hour quick !
Proof 1
early days of their carrier :-)

Pattiyal, Anandham, AnbE sivam, Tenali, Aayidha Ezhuthu, Panchatantiram are all in the last few years. The writer consciously downplays Pithamagan.

Did Bollywood always have a multi-star cast. I am guessing it is also because of the fad of the day there. And just because Tamil movies aren't like Bollywood (read aren't like Bollywood as they are supposed to be) there is a demand for an article like this.

Even mainstream films are getting 'different'.Notwithstanding what Filmfare thinks, who is the hero is TT ? Who is the hero in 'Arinthum Ariyaamalum' ?

That said, some points stated are true. But overall the article was lazy writing.

Kumar
21st September 2006, 01:03 PM
That said, some points stated are true. But overall the article was lazy writing.

Especially if he spells 'career' as 'carrier'.

Tamil cinema's two pillars, Kamal Hassan and Rajnikanth have done about 16 movies together-but that's in the early days of their carrier.

Hulkster
21st September 2006, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, good to see more people supporting the presense of both icons. :clap:

One reason why both stars are also not acting in a movie together might be the amount of expectations generated by both of them. This was said by kamal in a recent interview just before the release of VV. I believe rajinifans/mumbaimirror have the link. But in the same interview kamal said that rajini will act with him if either kamal or some other director directs. Thats certainly a exciting thought.

One very good thing about rajini and kamal rivalry is none of them take potshots at each other in their movies. It is their own movie all the way only focussing on entertainment to the audience.

I only can think of one director at the moment who can bring them together and that is K Balachander. This man introduced and utilised their talents and also guided them on their paths to stardom. The others might be KS Ravikumar and SP Muthuraman.

Thirumaran
23rd September 2006, 12:04 AM
I dont think there is any possiblity of Rajni and Kamal acting in a movie together.

It will be the biggest task to find roles which can give equal importance to them.

Saying that i would be happy if they come together for a movie. As they are great friends and complimented each other very well for their growth, it will be great if Rajini's last movie to be with Kamal. I am assuming Rajiini will give thought for quitting after 2 or 3 movies.

The only possiblity i could see is Rajini as hero with Kamal's Direction. May be Kamal act in a short role if needed :)

P_R
23rd September 2006, 03:02 AM
I dont think there is any possiblity of Rajni and Kamal acting in a movie together. I am no market expert but something tells me they won't make as much money if they act together. In fact that was the reason Kamal advised they split.

Saying that i would be happy if they come together for a movie. As they are great friends and complimented each other very well for their growth, it will be great if Rajini's last movie to be with Kamal.

I am assuming Rajiini will give thought for quitting after 2 or 3 movies. enakku nambikkai illai. I thought after Hey ! Ram Kamal would drift into roles where he 'plays his age' and is generally in the backstage and more as director etc. Apparently he is signed up with Saran again. So for some more years both of them will be dancing and fighting.

The only possiblity i could see is Rajini as hero with Kamal's Direction. Nenaikkum bOdhE thrilling-A irukku. Kamal is , IMO, the only writer who can get something that gets a great performances like his pre-superstar days.

Thirumaran
23rd September 2006, 06:29 AM
Right PR.

If Rajini and Kamal acts together there may be possiblity of the movie becoming average movie.

Kamal will definetly act for another 5 years with few movies dancing with heroines :P :lol: After that probably he may mostly go with direction and will act in movies with subjects fits his age and appearrance that time.

As far as Rajini I have a feeling that he may stop acting in another 2 years. Within that he may act one more movie other than Shivaji. He may be planning to end his career with Hatrick Mega hit movies.

Coming to the possiblity of Kamal and Rajini in a movie, one more possiblity i could see is Marudhanayam.

If MN happens and if there is a powerful cameo and if Kamal approaches Rajini, Rajini will never say no. :roll:

alwarpet_andavan
23rd September 2006, 12:26 PM
I thought after Hey ! Ram Kamal would drift into roles where he 'plays his age'
He did exactly that in VV :huh:

Hulkster
23rd September 2006, 12:42 PM
A_A i think he means the other movies as well. But prabhu ram although they are old, both actors have the charisma and they retain the pulse of the audience. With the intensity and popularity still high as before, both actors portraying to roles depicting their ages is a bit of a minus for the fans. Besides as long as they give good movies whether entertainers or character movies i dunt think the age part should really hamper their progress.

As for marudhanayagam i always thought that kamal might ask rajini to act as the villain. Till now the only villain who has a perfect chemistry with kamal as a hero is rajini. The examples and proof are the earlier movies they did together. And i am also thinking both might be able to do a comedy movie together as heroes.

Kanna
23rd September 2006, 03:29 PM
As an example to their friendship, please refer my signature.

kamalsurya
23rd September 2006, 04:16 PM
http://rajinifans.com/function/Images/wedding_4.jpg

Take a look at these pics :wink:

Shakthiprabha.
23rd September 2006, 05:26 PM
I love kamal for his talent, looks, versatality
I like rajnikant for his style, mannerism, VERY SUBTLE EXPRESSIONS beautifully conveyed and message he gives via films

Where rajni wins over kamal

SUBTLETY where rajni speaks more volumes than kamal

Where kamal sweeps rajni

CREATIVITY

Shakthiprabha.
23rd September 2006, 05:29 PM
Kamalsurya,

nice link. thanks :)

lovely to see the YOUNG rajni and YOUNG LATHA :shock:

selvakumar
23rd September 2006, 06:59 PM
ovely to see the YOUNG rajni and YOUNG LATHA Shocked :shock:

idukku aen shock aagureenga.. Chandramukhi paartha effect ah :huh:

m_23_bayarea
23rd September 2006, 08:37 PM
Kamalsurya,

nice link. thanks :)

lovely to see the YOUNG rajni and YOUNG LATHA :shock:

Those pics are good !! Your avtar is COOOL too !! :wink: :wink:

P_R
23rd September 2006, 10:08 PM
I thought after Hey ! Ram Kamal would drift into roles where he 'plays his age'
He did exactly that in VV :huh:

I agree. He has been doing that in AnbE Sivam,PKS, even VasoolRaja and Virumaandi and now VV (which I missed :-( )

But he is still in the old mould (umbrella fights, gatothgachA, pathukkuLLE number...).

I remember around Hey Ram he gave an interview to Madan saying 'Telephone ManipOl' was the last time he was running around trees dancing. And when I saw Hey Ram I was thrilled and thought this would signal a complete change in Kamal and for that matter Tamil films. Unfortunately, including me there were six people in the Amirtham balcony. If only Hey Ram had been the blockbuster it should have been, things ulagamE thalaikeezh aagiyirukkum.

Nerd
23rd September 2006, 10:44 PM
[tscii:a691b63742]Dont know if its already posted here :oops:

Rajini + Kamal – Will the magic be recreated?

In the corporate world, this happens quite often. Acquisitions and mergers that leverage the advantages of both the participants usually create a market leader. And, a behemoth of a corporation that results is a mighty advantage. The advantage is, the business strong points of the participants are both put together. The same logic, one would expect, will apply the film world.
The Precedents
Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna

Sometimes, in other parts of the world, the above phenomenon does happen. Robert De Niro and Al Pacino in The Heat; Tom Hanks and Matt Damon in Saving Private Ryan; Brad Pitt and George Clooney in Ocean’s 11 and Ocean’s 12 – the list is very long indeed. Some of these projects have gone on to become blockbusters. Closer home, Sharukh Khan and Amitabh Bachhan have starred in the latest sensation of Bollywood – Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna. The business that this movie is expected to make, is supposedly a new record.
Tamil Industry
The Tamil movie industry, quite unlike the others, has shied away from such unions. In spite of having fantastic talent all around, the coming together of such talents is almost impossibility in Tamil. People might argue that budget is the biggest obstacle. The salaries of stars such as Amitabh Bachhan and Sharukh Khan, put together, is several times over the total budget of most Tamil movies.
However, one wonders, if that is the case, what about the actors who are not yet superstars? Even an actor who is one movie old wants to be ‘the’ hero. He gets offended even if the heroine of the movie is given importance. Srikanth apparently got upset when Sangeetha was prominently featured in Uyir promos. The issue got even more ugly when there were reports that many of the top heroes in Tamil threatened to not act with Trisha since she had ‘undermined’ their value by making an extravagant launch in ‘Something Something Unakkum Enakkum’.

Rajini kanth & Kamal hassan
Such silly issues often dominate the personality driven Tamil movie industry. It makes one wonder if there should be a mandatory course on business strategies to all actors. Maybe that will make them outgrow their ego and see the value proposition.
The Possibilities
Ajith kumar & Vijay

A movie that features Rajini and Kamal, though a distant and impossible dream, directed by Manirathnam, will certainly make the world take notice. While that may involve budgetary issues, the smaller stars can certainly do this. Dhanush and Simbu for example, can act in a roller coaster commercial thriller directed by Dharani. Simbu and Dhanush, as the typical Madras pasangal, will make waves if they come together. The same can also be said about a romantic Ajith and an action packed Vijay being directed by the ever-commercial Shankar.
This would again set the box office on fire. Not just these – a realistic possibility would be the union of say, Kamal Hassan and Vijay or Rajinikanth and Vikram. The scope of the story is so wide – for example, gangster flicks like Goodfellas and Mythological flicks like Karnan could be remade with such union of Mega stars.
Vikram & Surya

The recent success of Imsai Arasan should be a good sign to directors who want to deal with the subject. The story of Karnan is always heart-warming and offers ample scope for two mega stars. A Karnan in Kamal Hassan and an Arjunan in Vikram or Vijay will not just make waves in Tamil, it would make the global audiences take note.

Simbhu & Dhanush
When a director with of the quality of Kamal himself directs other stars, say, Surya and Dhanush in a story like Godfather or Goodfellas, we straight away have a movie that is world class. The same union could also be said of the actresses.

Hopefully, Trisha and Asin, in meaty roles, could pair up to provide an adventure like Thelma & Louise. Let[/tscii:a691b63742]

m_23_bayarea
23rd September 2006, 10:52 PM
[tscii:ce255cea2a]
Dont know if its already posted here :oops:

Maybe when they both quit acting as heros, and are ready to play character roles !!! But is that what we're really lookin for ?? :roll: :? :oops: [/tscii:ce255cea2a]

Shakthiprabha.
23rd September 2006, 11:06 PM
selva, :D

bay :thankyou:

nilavupriyan
24th September 2006, 11:18 AM
among these vijay ajith...dhanush simbu etc....the only possibilty of combination is rajni kamal as they are good friends and they will not hesitate to allow each other to steal the show at different scenes...and as they have acted togethor in many movies its not difficult for them to share the screen equally and show their magic correspongly!

Kumar
25th September 2006, 03:49 AM
[tscii:d9228b1ffe]
Dont know if its already posted here :oops:

Maybe when they both quit acting as heros, and are ready to play character roles !!! But is that what we're really lookin for ?? :roll: :? :oops: [/tscii:d9228b1ffe]

Or perhaps the 'hero' role can be taken care of by some other younger actor, and the meatier supporting roles can be taken on by Rajini and Kamal.

Unfortunately, heroism has dug it's feet deeply into the Tamil cinefield and it's now an expected feature. What Tamil cinema needs is more 'main' characters; not necessarily heroes, heroines, etc. I find flawed, ordinary charcaters refreshing to watch. And I think Kamal and Rajini have great scope and talent to take on such roles.

m_23_bayarea
25th September 2006, 04:31 PM
Or perhaps the 'hero' role can be taken care of by some other younger actor, and the meatier supporting roles can be taken on by Rajini and Kamal.

Unfortunately, heroism has dug it's feet deeply into the Tamil cinefield and it's now an expected feature. What Tamil cinema needs is more 'main' characters; not necessarily heroes, heroines, etc. I find flawed, ordinary charcaters refreshing to watch. And I think Kamal and Rajini have great scope and talent to take on such roles.

I knowww .... Maybe they could do what Sean Connery and other senior Hollywood stars do !! Is that the kind of MEATY roles yo're talkin abt ?? I mean, total heroism, but not explicit though !!! :thumbsup:

Raghu
25th September 2006, 05:36 PM
I will start off first. People state that rajini and prabhu have a very good chemistry but i feel the rajini and kamal chemistry in their earlier movies especially balachander movies was a large reason for the movie's success.

Rajini's realistic protrayal of negativity,sarcasm contrasted by kamal's affectionate and compassionate performances was a joy to watch. Both actors had good timing and knew how to end each others expressions/dialogues off. A good example would be avargal and aval oru thodarkathai.

exactly!!

Kumar
26th September 2006, 03:49 AM

I knowww .... Maybe they could do what Sean Connery and other senior Hollywood stars do !! Is that the kind of MEATY roles yo're talkin abt ?? I mean, total heroism, but not explicit though !!! :thumbsup:

Yeah. Not explicit. Kamal's character in Kuruthipoonal is an example- flawed. I even think Virumaandi can be categorised as a flawed main character. Rajini in 6 to 60 was a classic, and both his characters in Nettrikan. Or even larger than life characters. Despite my criticism of Chandramukhi, I though Rajini pulled of the Raaja role pretty well.

Ulaganayagan
26th September 2006, 04:13 AM
Rajini's realistic protrayal of negativity,sarcasm[/b] contrasted by kamal's affectionate and compassionate performances was a joy to watch. Both actors had good timing and knew how to end each others expressions/dialogues off. A good example would be avargal and aval oru thodarkathai.

Actually,It would be more different and exciting if Rajini plays the good guy and Kamal the bad...Kamal has not played too many negative roles,but I am sure he could be extremely villainous if he wants to..
The intro scenes (prison scenes) of Nanda Kumar in Aalavandhan are a prime example of this..
Not to mention,Sigappu Rojakkal.

P_R
26th September 2006, 05:38 AM
Yeah. Not explicit. Kamal's character in Kuruthipoonal is an example- flawed. In fact the original was even more flawed. It was rewritten to make it a bit heroic. Ever since I came to know that I have always felt 'Et tu Kamal ?'.
He was also the producer and he was already going out on one limb, with no songs and being totally offbeat, so I guess he just drew a line somewhere.

Virumaandi is a better example. Because he doesn't 'mend' his ways. He is just as he is.

Long back we were discussing possible Hollywood/foreign films that would be good to have Kamal remake. Here is something I thought of in the Kamal-Rajini scheme of things: The Third Man.

Two hero subjects almost always fall into categories of highlighting friendships, a study in contrast etc. But this one is just straight. Pretty mainstream subject: a simple chase (working title vEttaYaadu viLayAdu 2 ? ), nothing esoteric, just needs some solid performances.

Imagine Kamal as Orson Welles.Rajini is of course the natural candidate for that role because the suave villainy is second nature to him. It would be interesting to think how Kamal would pull it off.

Rajini in Joseph Cotten's role, as the friend/snoop with mixed emotions towards his friend as the movie progresses. With Kamal rewriting Graham Greene's script, he would be able to inject a lot more drama to Indianize it.

PS: Of course they are way too old now. They should have done this atleast 10 years back, but the heck!

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 07:40 AM
Ulaga Nayagan thats pretty true as well. Aalavandhan although a average hit/flop had fantastic portrayal of a deranged psychotic villain by kamalhassan. I guess it depends on the movie. If kamal is directing a villain role where the character requires sarcasm expressions more than body language i guess you can put rajini inside and if the role requires a bit more of a presence in the body language area i guess you can put in kamal.

Kumar such flawed heroic characters are hard to find these days. When i say flawed is it safe to say that you mean heroism with a sense of villainy? If it is then i believe both actors will lap it up graciously. Imagine a movie highlighting the life of two flawed heroic characters and their life goes on a different path after meeting each other. Thats one storyline i can think of. :D

Kumar
26th September 2006, 08:52 AM
Yeah. Not explicit. Kamal's character in Kuruthipoonal is an example- flawed. In fact the original was even more flawed. It was rewritten to make it a bit heroic. Ever since I came to know that I have always felt 'Et tu Kamal ?'.
He was also the producer and he was already going out on one limb, with no songs and being totally offbeat, so I guess he just drew a line somewhere.

Virumaandi is a better example. Because he doesn't 'mend' his ways. He is just as he is.

Long back we were discussing possible Hollywood/foreign films that would be good to have Kamal remake. Here is something I thought of in the Kamal-Rajini scheme of things: The Third Man.

Two hero subjects almost always fall into categories of highlighting friendships, a study in contrast etc. But this one is just straight. Pretty mainstream subject: a simple chase (working title vEttaYaadu viLayAdu 2 ? ), nothing esoteric, just needs some solid performances.

Imagine Kamal as Orson Welles.Rajini is of course the natural candidate for that role because the suave villainy is second nature to him. It would be interesting to think how Kamal would pull it off.

Rajini in Joseph Cotten's role, as the friend/snoop with mixed emotions towards his friend as the movie progresses. With Kamal rewriting Graham Greene's script, he would be able to inject a lot more drama to Indianize it.

PS: Of course they are way too old now. They should have done this atleast 10 years back, but the heck!

The original version of KPoonal had Kamal's character cave in to his own interest and safety.

As for Rajini and Kamal being too old for your above example, well that's another trait in Indian cinema; youthful heroes. (Om Puri takes pot shots at this in King of Bollywood). It won't be long before Kamal (in my opinion, Rajini has already reached that mark) will not be able to portray anyone below the age of 40. Guys like Vijayakanth are passed their use-by-dates. But this is the problem with Indian cinema (or the Indian audience); there is a great reluctance to use a middle-aged man as the main character. And I mean for the whole movie, not just after the intermission.

Kumar
26th September 2006, 09:27 AM
Kumar such flawed heroic characters are hard to find these days. When i say flawed is it safe to say that you mean heroism with a sense of villainy? If it is then i believe both actors will lap it up graciously. Imagine a movie highlighting the life of two flawed heroic characters and their life goes on a different path after meeting each other. Thats one storyline i can think of. :D

Not necessarily villiany, Hulkster. But not a bad idea at all. Imperfect would be a better word, like Kamal in Sathya (his youthful gullibility) or Rajini in Mullum Mallarum (rough around the edges)

P_R
26th September 2006, 09:33 AM
It won't be long before Kamal (in my opinion, Rajini has already reached that mark) will not be able to portray anyone below the age of 40. IMO even Kamal has reached it. It was tedious to watch him dancing away with Sneha in Vasoolraja. I really don't buy his 'Kamal the actor is my financier' argument anymore. Virumaandi (and I think even) Nala Damayanthi made him money, I don't think he lost money in MX. So he just go about writing,producing and directing (and acting if he has to). Not go about pairing with Saran yet again.
But this is the problem with Indian cinema (or the Indian audience); there is a great reluctance to use a middle-aged man as the main character. And I mean for the whole movie, not just after the intermission. Is the problem peculiarly Indian ? Even most Hollywood films have a young lead actor and older supporting actors. Of course with the exception of biopics where the characters age onscreen.
Guys like Vijayakanth are passed their use-by-dates. :lol: As I said once before, let's work for the speedy growth of DMDK so that puratchi kalaignar becomes a fulltime politician.

Kumar
26th September 2006, 10:58 AM
IMO even Kamal has reached it. It was tedious to watch him dancing away with Sneha in Vasoolraja. I really don't buy his 'Kamal the actor is my financier' argument anymore. Virumaandi (and I think even) Nala Damayanthi made him money, I don't think he lost money in MX. So he just go about writing,producing and directing (and acting if he has to). Not go about pairing with Saran yet again.

Maybe I'm being too hopeful....or maybe I'm morphing into a fanatic :twisted:
It's probably the Kamal admirer in me wanting to see one of my favourite actors live on forever.

Yup, maybe the Saran pairing was a bit too painful to watch, but he can still pull of a convincing late-30 something year old.

Is the problem peculiarly Indian ? Even most Hollywood films have a young lead actor and older supporting actors. Of course with the exception of biopics where the characters age onscreen.

Jack Nicholson can carry a movie by himself. Harrison Ford is another prime example. Of course there's Connery, Hopkins, etc. Their movies rake in the profits too.

If they were Indian actors (heroes, that is), they would have 3 inches of make-up slapped on, the finest wigs fitted and the best corsette money can buy. And they'll address an actress half their age as "Amma", while an actress a quarter of their age will dream about dancing in Switzerland with our geriatric hero.

Alien
26th September 2006, 12:54 PM
If they were Indian actors (heroes, that is), they would have 3 inches of make-up slapped on, the finest wigs fitted and the best corsette money can buy. And they'll address an actress half their age as "Amma", while an actress a quarter of their age will dream about dancing in Switzerland with our geriatric hero.
:rotfl: :lol: .... :lol2:

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 05:10 PM
Kumar thats the state of tamil cinema. In hollywood realism and logic runs the show while here it is reputation and star charisma that runs the show in terms of actors. If not rajini and kamal would have played roles depicting their ages long time back. :exactly:

Raghu
26th September 2006, 05:45 PM
Aaalavandhan was an Excellent Movie, Kamalji was awsome as Nanda , BUT he was not Villian enough for me to hate him... BUT as for Super *, all his villianary characters, it actually makes you HATE the guy, so in MY OPINION, Rajni is a BETTER choice for -gative role than Kamal

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 05:53 PM
Aaalavandhan was an Excellent Movie, Kamalji was awsome as Nanda , BUT he was not Villian enough for me to hate him... BUT as for Super *, all his villianary characters, it actually makes you HATE the guy, so in MY OPINION, Rajni is a BETTER choice for -gative role than Kamal

no...it would be different if kamal does villain and rajini does hero...illati palaya padam paatha effectu than

Hulkster
26th September 2006, 06:51 PM
Nilavu not necessarily pa... except for that bad husband and chauvinist roles that rajini played as villain alongside kamal he has never played other type of villains. As i said if the script is different theres certainly a reduction of paarthu movie effectu.

Raghu maybe rajini might have made us hate before but the villain roles that kamal has played is not exactly typical villain...they have abit more sentimental and purpose in them like kamal hated woman in SR and his flawed and sad flashback life in Alavandhan. Because of these points the villain role did not look too villainous.

imsai
26th September 2006, 09:32 PM
Though, I didn't like the cartoon stuffs, overall the movie was good. I liked it. I think the cartoon stuffs spoiled the movie, probably contributed to its failure in BO. If anyone thinks the Nanda role was not villaneous enough to hate then these maybe the reasons:- He did not have many dialogues, and it was not a typical tamil villan role. There were few reasons that were supposed to explicate us why he became a mad man made us feel pity.

Raghu
26th September 2006, 10:14 PM
Hulk

Got ur point, any way Bring back our Raghuvaran 2 b our villain, illenna, intha Raghu-ji ready :-)

Hulkster
27th September 2006, 09:49 AM
Raghuvaran was quite instrumental in baasha's success and also to a extent in arunachalam. He has been in the forefront of rajini's yesteryear big hits. Yeah hope he comes back but i would also like to see him play a character role than the stereotypical villain role. But if he is the villain for rajini and kamal starrer..i wunt mind it.

raaja_rasigan
27th September 2006, 01:51 PM
Raghuvaran was quite instrumental in baasha's success and also to a extent in arunachalam. He has been in the forefront of rajini's yesteryear big hits. Yeah hope he comes back but i would also like to see him play a character role than the stereotypical villain role. But if he is the villain for rajini and kamal starrer..i wunt mind it.

Guys, how about SATHYARAJ as a villain for these two 8-)

Raghu
27th September 2006, 07:53 PM

No though I like Sathiyaraj, Raghuvaran is MUCH better both in looks and acting skills as a villian, :-)

m_23_bayarea
27th September 2006, 07:57 PM
No though I like Sathiyaraj, Raghuvaran is MUCH better both in looks and acting skills as a villian, :-)

Raghuvaran is a CLASSY villain never seen before in Tamil cinema ... He broke all the stereotypes of a typical Indian (Any language) movie villain with his sophistication and looks ... No shouting at all ... All damage done in a very quiet and lovable manner ... And the only villain who gets applauds and whistles when comes on screen from Rajini fans I guess !!! Maybe it's changed now ... But Raghuvaran ROCKS !!! :thumbsup:

raaja_rasigan
27th September 2006, 08:03 PM

Have'nt u seen vikram & kakki chattai for sathyaraj

I don't get anything for raguvaran w/ kamal, do they acted together in any movie......

If it is both rajini & kamal, then Y not both raguvaran & sathyaraj....

Another surprise villain..... Napolean.... he is also a tall man

All the above 3 villains have a likeable dialogue delivery 8-)

raaja_rasigan
27th September 2006, 08:16 PM
He broke all the stereotypes of a typical Indian (Any language) movie villain with his sophistication and looks ... No shouting at all ... All damage done in a very quiet and lovable manner ... And the only villain who gets applauds and whistles when comes on screen

bay, in the tamil film industry, the above lines are mentioned only for sathyaraj, even before raguvaran entered the industry :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
27th September 2006, 08:20 PM
He broke all the stereotypes of a typical Indian (Any language) movie villain with his sophistication and looks ... No shouting at all ... All damage done in a very quiet and lovable manner ... And the only villain who gets applauds and whistles when comes on screen

bay, in the tamil film industry, the above lines are mentioned only for sathyaraj, even before raguvaran entered the industry :thumbsup:

I agree ... But I think what made Sathyraj more popular is his SARCASM as a villain ... But SOPHISTICATION and CLASS !!! Hmm, not sure if he would fit into that !!! :roll: :roll:

Anyways, I like Sathyaraj, Prakash Raj and all other villains too .. Depends on the movie !! But with Raghuvaran, he just overshadows completely !!! I just dont understand how he hasnt been a part of any Kamal movie so far ... I think he's been a Villain in almost 6 or 7 Rajini movies though !!! :D :D

raaja_rasigan
27th September 2006, 08:41 PM
Bay, Have U seen,

Makkal En pakkam

Poovili vaasalilae

both sathyaraj & Raghuvaran are equally good

I just want to mention the above 2 words, take a note of equally.
When u analyse, both will have similar type of acting, when u watch again take a note of it

Alien
27th September 2006, 08:45 PM
Raghuvaran :roll: ... don't think he can match up these two .... (agree there was Baadshah, but ...)

No comparisons with Sathyaraj :P ... He rocks ....Hez in a class of its own .... 8-)

m_23_bayarea
27th September 2006, 08:51 PM
Raghuvaran :roll: ... don't think he can match up these two .... (agree there was Baadshah, but ...)

No comparisons with Sathyaraj :P ... He rocks ....Hez in a class of its own .... 8-)

And MUDHALVAN too !! :D :D

Rasigaa ... I will surely check the similarity bet the 2 actors next time !! :)

nilavupriyan
27th September 2006, 09:09 PM
when these two combines...only kamal can be villain for rajni or rajni for kamal...thats the right balance!

may be a HEAT...but must be better than heat...i dint like that movie...

how abt surya and ajith or vijay against rajni or kamal!

like the untouchables!

m_23_bayarea
27th September 2006, 09:13 PM
Good idea dude !!! Rajini and Kamal can be great villains to these young heros ... Especially with age, and if the character is etched out well, it would be delighting !!! :thumbsup:

Professionalchap
27th September 2006, 09:19 PM
when these two combines...only kamal can be villain for rajni or rajni for kamal...thats the right balance!

like the untouchables!it wont be good...

Movie Cop
28th September 2006, 07:14 AM

I somehow felt that Satyaraj was too loud and bufoonish for a villain... Agreed that his dialogues in kaki sattai or even in Vikram is very cool. But it lacks the depth of villainy that u would excpet for a Rajini/Kamal combo to go after with... Raghuvaran's body language and tone gives a "cold blooded" approach to his villainy. I still remember the intensity in which Raghuvaran utters the "Anthony, Mark Anthony" dialogue in Baasha :thumbsup:

I still believe that in a Rajini-Kamal movie, Rajini should be the cold blooded bad guy and clash head on with Kamal... In that way the movie will be really intense... If both of them act as good guys then we need at least 2 or 3 villains... My choice for the "Chief villain" role will be Raghuvaran...

Does anyone know the name of the guy who acted as sub-jailor in virumaadi? Man that guy had evil written all over his face :evil: ....

The other cold blooded villain character I've seen so far is Prakash Raj from Asai. :twisted:

m_23_bayarea
28th September 2006, 07:24 AM
[Does anyone know the name of the guy who acted as sub-jailor in virumaadi? Man that guy had evil written all over his face :evil: ....

Mr. PEIKAAMAN !! :lol:

I agree with you on almost all your points COP !! :P

Kumar
28th September 2006, 07:24 AM
Does anyone know the name of the guy who acted as sub-jailor in virumaadi? Man that guy had evil written all over his face :evil: ....

That would be Shanmugarajan. He did his role as Inspector Peikaaman excellently in Virumaandi.

Movie Cop
28th September 2006, 07:28 AM
That would be Shanmugarajan. He did his role as Inspector Peikaaman excellently in Virumaandi.

Thank u for the info Kumar & Bayarea... That guy looked like a real evil... :twisted:

groucho070
28th September 2006, 08:43 AM
I somehow felt that Satyaraj was too loud and bufoonish for a villain... Agreed that his dialogues in kaki sattai or even in Vikram is very cool. But it lacks the depth of villainy that u would excpet for a Rajini/Kamal combo to go after with... Raghuvaran's body language and tone gives a "cold blooded" approach to his villainy. I still remember the intensity in which Raghuvaran utters the "Anthony, Mark Anthony" dialogue in Baasha :thumbsup:

Gotta disagree with you Cop.

Sathyaraj can mould his villainy according to films. Check out the differences of bad guys in these films:

1. Muthal Mariyathai (cameo, but kicks ass)
2. Kadalora Kavithai (opening scenes, before he turns good and movie turns sour).
3. Amaithi Padai (most evil man...kills his own wife for political mileage)
4. Nooravathu Naal (no dialogue, just physical menace)
5. Mr. Barath (Mild bad guy...just attitude problem).
6. Villathi Villain (this is the buffoon you were talking about...absolute clown, but dangerous).
7. Vikram (Cold mastermind criminal, does not hesitate to humiliate chief priest in front of his men, watch how he just leaps over the dead soldiers when stealing those missiles - complete disregard for human life).
8. Vedham puthithu (not actually bad guy...but certainly evil to the pious Veda reading types).

Of course, you should know his villain days. There was a time when he was basically fighting every hero in town. The buffoonery you mentioned must have been influenced by your view of his recent films.

I think he makes an excellent bad guy for Rajini/Kamal combo...if it at all happens. He did say that one day people will be tired of him as a hero, and he will go back playing villain and character roles. Mixed reaction from me...I want him to be doing well...at the same time I'd like to see him do bad guy and character roles.

On the other hand, I think Raguvaran is adequate. Provided he plays the same role. The eye-widening, lips pouting, rambling voice works wonders a few times, but thats' it. He is a good character actor (remember his Oru Manithanin Kathai series on TV?).

When he came, he was influenced by Sathyaraj. Then, he got style of his own. The same applies to the latter villains like Anandharaj and Mansoor Ali Khan. Sathyaraj influence is definintely there.

Of late, I think Prakash Raj gets the mantle of the meanest of them all. Like Sathyaraj, he is a good character actor as well.

raaja_rasigan
28th September 2006, 09:22 AM

like the untouchables!

Nilavupriyan, naama enna rajini, kamal vechu comedy padama edukkuroam....... :lol:

raaja_rasigan
28th September 2006, 09:29 AM
Still I have enough reasons to have sathyaraj because of

24 mani neram.
---------------------------
For u all to relax:
Can we have the hero as Captain Vijaykanth &
Rajini & kamal as villains (mainly as Don's)
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
28th September 2006, 09:31 AM
Still I have enough reasons to have sathyaraj because of

24 mani neram.
For u all to relax:

:oops: ...but vijayakanth is capable of doing a great villain..he is talented...but sila arasiyal karanamaga....diologue pesiya makkala thuthuraru

Nerd
28th September 2006, 09:32 AM
:thumbsup:

groucho070
28th September 2006, 09:33 AM
For u all to relax:

I see Rajini and Kamal's characters sent to Asylum at the end for laughing too hard till one of the fuses in their brains explode.

nilavupriyan
28th September 2006, 09:36 AM
For u all to relax:

I see Rajini and Kamal's characters sent to Asylum at the end for laughing too hard till one of the fuses in their brains explode.

no..the reaction of them would be :roll: :shock: :idea: :?: :? :!: after watching captain speaking his lengthy dialogues

its the reaction of which would be :lol:

Hulkster
28th September 2006, 09:47 AM
There seems to be a discussion to see who fits the bill as a villain. To me this is the most likely situation i can categorise.

Powerful and dominating presence
Raghuvaran has this masculine and evil presence that really mixes well with his dialogues when he plays a don type of villain role. If the role is 100 percent evil and violent there wunt be anyone better than raghuvaran to play it.

Sophiscated cunning and characteristic villain roles
I feel sathyaraj would suit such a role well. The guy is able to play character roles well and he is able to bring the emotions right for such villain roles well and of course putting an impression on the viewer.

But regarding sathyaraj he has said he does not want to play a villain role especially to the top stars and that leaves us with raghuvaran. If not satyaraj there is always prakash raj who is versatile in such villain characters although whether he can retain satyaraj's poignance is a doubt.

groucho070
28th September 2006, 10:32 AM
All these begs this question:

Who was the toughest villain Rajini/Kamal had to face? I mean, really bad that even we audience got sh#t scared??????

I recall when I was a kid, we were watching Mundru Mudichu. I almost cried each time they showed Rajini. And worse, when he rowed boat on singing that song in MSV voice RIGHT AFTER KAMAL DIED!!!!!! That was freakin' scary.

There was a sense of menace Rajini had that no one had after that. Maybe a bit in Sathyaraj, but nobody else.

Coming back to the question: Who gave the toughest time to Rajini/kamal?

I need time to think about this....

Professionalchap
28th September 2006, 10:58 AM
All these begs this question:

Who was the toughest villain Rajini/Kamal had to face? I mean, really bad that even we audience got sh#t scared??????

I recall when I was a kid, we were watching Mundru Mudichu. I almost cried each time they showed Rajini. And worse, when he rowed boat on singing that song in MSV voice RIGHT AFTER KAMAL DIED!!!!!! That was freakin' scary.

There was a sense of menace Rajini had that no one had after that. Maybe a bit in Sathyaraj, but nobody else.

Coming back to the question: Who gave the toughest time to Rajini/kamal?

I need time to think about this....nasser in kuruthipunal...... by far the most , frighthening villain in tamil cinema history... :oops:

raaja_rasigan
28th September 2006, 01:06 PM
nasser in kuruthipunal...... by far the most , frighthening villain in tamil cinema history... :oops:

ungalukku pidicha nasser'nu sollunga, adhukkaaga yean tamil cinema history ellam ilukkuringa :roll: :lol:

Raghu
28th September 2006, 03:16 PM

yes This what u call RAJNI's acting talents, Villianary at it's best, MSV singing ' Vasantha kaala nathigalile' was excellent , lovely song, esp when P.Jeyachandran sang it for Kamal.

It is SHAME we dont get songs like that these days

Raghu
28th September 2006, 03:19 PM
for Rajni it is always Raghuvaran as the BEST Villian, but for Kamal perhaps Sathiyarj!

Here is a question, Raghuvarn was a Handsome Guy in his younger Years?, he some how got that 'Hindi' Look, then how come he could not make it big as hero??

Note: His dancing skills are so funny, watched his old movie, in which there is song by Dr.SPB, it goes like this 'Thaliyai Kuniyum thaamaraiye' his dance was so funny in that!

joe
28th September 2006, 03:27 PM
for Kamal perhaps Sathiyarj!

IMO,It is Naser!

Raghu
28th September 2006, 03:46 PM

IMO,It is Naser!

Joe anNe,

But that was in Kuruthipunal only, what other films did Naser act as Kamal's Villain?

:roll:

alwarpet_andavan
28th September 2006, 03:51 PM

IMO,It is Naser!

Joe anNe,

But that was in Kuruthipunal only, what other films did Naser acted as Kamal's Villain?

As main villain in Thevar Magan,
Few others as one of the villains....

Professionalchap
28th September 2006, 04:09 PM

IMO,It is Naser!

Joe anNe,

But that was in Kuruthipunal only, what other films did Naser act as Kamal's Villain?

:roll:i think since ur settled in kailash, u lost track of some great movies like kuruthipunal.... babajee eppidi geeraaru :lol:

joe
28th September 2006, 04:13 PM

IMO,It is Naser!

Joe anNe,

Kuruthipunal and Devar Magan are enough to prove Naser is the best,IMO

nilavupriyan
28th September 2006, 04:25 PM
kuridhipunal,devar mahan is enough as said!

Raghu
28th September 2006, 04:50 PM
I think since ur settled in kailash, u lost track of some great movies like kuruthipunal.... babajee eppidi geeraaru :lol:

Yes IGNORANCE is a bliss, the more u indulge in material life the more materialistic you become

Hulkster
28th September 2006, 07:44 PM
Best villain for rajini well menacingly enough thamarai at times deserves a mention. But i guess i have to go with raghuvaran with the chemistry he had. Although both played opposite roles to each other they both had the same presence and menacing style of expressions.

As for kamal i will have to go rajini. People say nasser and satyaraj but i actually enjoyed rajinis movies as a villain especially when kamal is there because of their perfect timing and knowledge of how each person's dialogues would meet. That is why i say both are the best of their generation, not one dialogue in bad place nor one expression missed..all in perfect synchronisation. I think we can say rajini was the best villain at that time. But sadly he wanted to be more mass while kamal went the experimental path or we might have real competition.

Raghu
28th September 2006, 09:19 PM
As for kamal i will have to go rajini. People say nasser and satyaraj but i actually enjoyed rajinis movies as a villain especially when kamal is there because of their perfect timing and knowledge of how each person's dialogues would meet. That is why i say both are the best of their generation, not one dialogue in bad place nor one expression missed..all in perfect synchronisation. I think we can say rajini was the best villain at that time. But sadly he wanted to be more mass while kamal went the experimental path or we might have real competition.

EXACTLY !!

Raghu
28th September 2006, 09:21 PM
I agree with hulk, it has to be Rajni as the best villain for Kamal

'Ithu epadi iruku' remember?

Kumar
29th September 2006, 03:49 AM

Let's not forget Anbe Sivam.

That's said, Kamal and Rajini were a great pair in 16 Vayathiniley. Great chemistry.

I suppose Kamal and Nasser have this same chemistry especially since they've been working with each other for a while.

kannannn
29th September 2006, 04:46 AM

Beg to differ. I think Nasser himself would be reluctant to talk about his role in Anbe Sivam now. His was the stereotype villain character that brings to mind those played by V. K. Ramaswamy. It just didn't add any value to the movie.

P_R
29th September 2006, 04:50 AM

Actually let bus. I agree with kannannn. It was a very ordinary role. Both in terms of superficiality of the character and performance. In fact it is Nasser and Kiran's roles that kind of giveaway that Kamal wrote the film long back when his pencil was blunt.

m_23_bayarea
29th September 2006, 07:40 AM
Why talk abt Villains for soo long ? It's obvious, it's Raguvran for Rajini, and Nasser for Kamal !! :lol:

Kumar
29th September 2006, 07:56 AM
Actually let bus. I agree with kannannn. It was a very ordinary role. Both in terms of superficiality of the character and performance. In fact it is Nasser and Kiran's roles that kind of giveaway that Kamal wrote the film long back when his pencil was blunt.

Just don't tell Nasser that :wink:

Naturally Nasser's favourite roles were in "Kurudhi Punal," "Devar Magan," "Nayakan" and "Anbae Sivam."

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2004/09/10/stories/2004091002200300.htm[/b]

Hulkster
29th September 2006, 08:07 AM
Its good to see so many people with different opinions about who should play the villain. It shows how much attention we have been paying to the other cast besides rajini and kamal as well. Well if Nasser or raghuvaran does play i would not mind but since Nasser seems more like a characteristic actor, i might go for raghuvaran.

We discussed about villains, anyone has any ideas which heroine(s) would be the best bet for the rajini,kamal combo? I certainly do not feel good about the present lot of heroines and i feel even now sridevi and perhaps revathi do warrant a chance to act with the combo.

P_R
29th September 2006, 09:13 AM
Just don't tell Nasser that :wink: :- )ok will be careful about that. Poor chap has also been doing badly in the gratitude department (as u put it).

I was checking if the date of interview was around AnbE sivam release time to see if I could impute some promotion-spiel to it. But it is a good 2 years later so that theory is shot down. Perhaps it is true then, it happens to be among his best roles. In this context of course best is not necessarily better than good.

Somehow everyone (including Nasser himself) has forgotten his role in Jeans. I really liked him in that movie.

I certainly do not feel good about the present lot of heroines and i feel even now sridevi and perhaps revathi do warrant a chance to act with the combo. It is a function of the story. Ideally that should be the case even with casting Rajini and Kamal, but we have made a very reasonable assumption about their versatility.

I'd add Gauthami to your list. In Guru Sishyan,Dharmadurai,Raja Chinna Roja with Rajini were all great. Aboorva SahodharargaL, ThEvar Magan,Kurudhippunal and Nammavar were IMO her four best films.

Hulkster
29th September 2006, 09:16 AM
Yeaps function indeed...but versatility is an issue here and thats why i pump out for these actresses. Yes gauthami as well...i did not watch her earlier movies and did not see her that well but sasanam had very good emoting from her. She certainly bids a place in the list. Meera jasmine is also very well placed if you have to pick out from the younger heroines.

P_R
29th September 2006, 09:19 AM
.i did not watch her earlier movies and did not see her that well but sasanam had very good emoting from her. Just curious. Are u as old as your avatar ? :-)

Hulkster
29th September 2006, 09:23 AM
Its a wish but certainly nope :D I am already reaching adulthood :exactly:

raaja_rasigan
29th September 2006, 04:17 PM
Sri devi..... no change in it
Ambika & Radha as side actress

Hulkster
3rd October 2006, 08:25 AM
Although best choice would be sridevi..i think we might have to see the situation.

Realistic movie
This is a movie where there is no hyping up in terms of mass and it the characters are defined from the script instead of the script being defined for the characters. In this case we might have to see rajini and kamal playing their ages.

1) Two dons with different styles meeting each other and how their life changes from then.
2) Two friends with one who believes violence is needed while the other condemns it and the situations showing them in such things.

In such movies instead of just romancing, we might have to see wives/lovers trying to adjust or get their counterparts back to simple ways. There is also a high possiblity of a mature performance instead of acting bubbly. In this case sridevi,revathi gauthami or even saritha might suit aptly for the movie.

Movie aimed for the masses
In this case however, realism may or may not be a virtue here and it might be just aimed at entertaining the public. One such movie could be a comedy movie given both actors huge sense of humour. Mass movies are usually filled with heroism and if heroines do get a chance it is mostly a bubbly or jolly type of heroine with some acting sequences here and there. Here heroines like Asin,Trisha or Bhavana can be asked to act.

Raghu
3rd October 2006, 08:11 PM
I would say Sri Devi. Madhavi was also good for Rajni (Thambiku Entha Ooru)

Movie Cop
4th October 2006, 12:50 AM
Infact Madhavi will suit Kamal better than Rajini. :)
Rumour has it that Madhavi had affairs with Kamal during the early 80's just when Kamal was about to divorce his first wife! :P

m_23_bayarea
4th October 2006, 12:57 AM
Infact Madhavi will suit Kamal better than Rajini. :)
Rumour has it that Madhavi had affairs with Kamal during the early 80's just when Kamal was about to divorce his first wife! :P

If we start talkin abt the affairs that Rajini and Kamal had in the late 70s and early 80s, this thread will go haywire !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's stick to the present day ... I think they both are GENTLEMEN for their age !! Of course, when yo're young, and that too as Superstars, you don't have to live a saint's life !! Just my opinion !! :lol: :wink: :P

Movie Cop
4th October 2006, 01:39 AM
Bay Area - I didn't mean to bring out Rajini/Kamal affairs into this thread... I only wanted to put acrosss that Madhavi could make a good pair for Kamal than Rajini... :)

m_23_bayarea
4th October 2006, 02:02 AM
Bay Area - I didn't mean to bring out Rajini/Kamal affairs into this thread... I only wanted to put acrosss that Madhavi could make a good pair for Kamal than Rajini... :)

I know I know ... I wasnt serious at all !! Don't worry dude !! :lol:

But even if we did talk abt their affairs, it would be a LOT OF FUN !!! :P :wink: :P

ajithfederer
4th October 2006, 03:40 AM
he he @ bay :lol:

I know I know ... I wasnt serious at all !! Don't worry dude !! :lol:

But even if we did talk abt their affairs, it would be a LOT OF FUN !!! :P :wink: :P

Hulkster
4th October 2006, 07:20 PM
Madhavi did mention in one interview that her best friend was rajini :D anyways most of you opted for sridevi which is not surprising.

Sridevi is a petite actress capable of great expressions but Suhasini and revathi can give a good fight for that. Both actresses have great body language and they can adjust themselves to roles easily although sridevi is a better expresser. Add gauthami to the list as well after her great performance in sasanam.

If you guys were to choose amongst the young heroines of today assuming that this film is more commercial than offbeat, who would you choose besides meera jasmine?

Hulkster
7th March 2007, 08:29 PM
Here it is grouch :D

groucho070
8th March 2007, 08:38 AM
Thanks Hulk.

Thinkfloyd was kind enough to put me back to track, though I notice that the thread is still going somewhere else and he is not around to Police it.

Anyway, I notice that my idea of Kamal playing cop, Rajini playing Basha-like don who later teams up, has already been talked about earlier in the thread.

Now both of them are in their fifties...what kind of role can they do together, having same screen time, and ultimately have both of them at the same side.

A few weeks back, I read somewhere of Balachander saying that he has story for both of them...playing brothers. Can anyone confirm this?

thinkfloyd
8th March 2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks Hulk.

Thinkfloyd was kind enough to put me back to track, though I notice that the thread is still going somewhere else and he is not around to Police it.

Groucho,
I am very much around but i ddidn't "police" the thread when i requested you to stick to Kamal in that thread. Infact, you are the one who "advices" others what to do and what not to, right? :) .It is not the first time, a hubber requested another hubber to stick to the topic. I'm sure you would have seen it in the NT thread as well!
NOV has done that in a very polite manner in the Paruthiveeran thread too, recently. Pity you weren't around to offer your advice then :(

I'll be glad to see what *opinions* and *advice* you have for lesser mortals like me... So continue pannungo please.. idhu yen policing alla, en avA...

groucho070
8th March 2007, 09:00 AM
I'll be glad to see what *opinions* and *advice* you have for lesser mortals like me... So continue pannungo please.. idhu yen policing alla, en avA...

Film: Devil's Advocate
Pacino: You know what is the worst vice?
Theron: What?
Pacino: Advice.

That is the word from the devil himself. I didn't know that I was higher mortal than you. Setta ellorum oree mathiri ponamthaan.

Anyway, I won't dispense advice, but I am sure chock-full of opinion. Read my signature, a quote from my Talaivar and you know what I mean. But we got no issues. I hope you can help to keep this thread alive.

Waiting to hear if someone heard of K.B's plan for both.

MADDY
8th March 2007, 10:22 AM
has someone read "False Impression" by Jeffery Archer here???? there are 5 characters -

one - owner of a finance firm who gives loans on art collections....eventually he kills the owner of painting to possess the painting himself

two - a guile/intelligent lawyer who is the brains behind this operation

three - a retired gymanst lady who does the killings on number-one's orders.....

four - a young lady who works under one&two and vows to prevent one of their clients from getting killed and expose one and two

five - a FBI agent who keeps close tab on all the 4....

wow, one of the best stories i have ever read.....

i thot characters "one" and "two" were tailor made for Rajini and Kamal.......Rajini, the arrogant boss who doesent care abt ppl.'s lives for the greed of art collections and Kamal, the guile,intelligent lawyer who makes sure that his boss's credentials are never exposed.... 8-) ..

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th March 2007, 10:44 AM
nallathaan irukku, appadiyee pasupathiya number 5 aa pottu bavanaa number 3 and manorama number 4 a potta Super aa irukkum

:lol

MADDY
8th March 2007, 10:50 AM
nallathaan irukku, appadiyee pasupathiya number 5 aa pottu bavanaa number 3 and manorama number 4 a potta Super aa irukkum

:lol

wow, even i thot of bhavana... 8-) but as the young lady.... :D

for FBI agent, i thot of surya :oops: and gymanst killer as shobana......(cos there are lots of stunt sequences with that char and she being a great dancer who can pull it off)

the best part is all the 5 characters have equal weightage in the story.....none are more or less, which makes it a safe bet for kamal-rajini combo 8-)

groucho070
8th March 2007, 11:52 AM
Has anyone thought of The Fugitive? Both can play both parts.

breadpuli
8th March 2007, 12:22 PM
Has anyone thought of The Fugitive? Both can play both parts.

Already "remade" and screwed in Malayalam :(