PDA

View Full Version : Bombay Jayashree on IR

rajdes
19th September 2006, 11:15 AM
http://brangan.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=3095068
Well, actually, the interview is about much more than that - and Baradwaj has done a fabulous job as interviewer. Along the line, the discussion turns to IR - and in what can be called one of the best compliments ever to IR, she mentions that she was inspired to elaborate on Paavani Raagam in her concert thanks to "Paartha Vizhi" from Gunaa.

Usually, MD's claim inspiration from Carnatic music - for a carnatic music stalwart of our times to get inspiration from IR's FILM songs in her day job, namely, carnatic concerts, is an outstanding tribute.

Renault
19th September 2006, 03:09 PM
Excellent pick Rajdes. Thanks for sharing this info. Paartha Vizhi is an awesome awesome song.

thumburu
28th September 2006, 05:01 PM
I heard from someone that in the vijay TV "Coffee with Anu" programme, when Bombay Jayashree was asked who was her favourite MD whether MSV or IR or ARR, she replied "IR" without battiing her eyelids!!!

raja_fan
28th September 2006, 06:05 PM
Yes, I saw the programme.
Before Anu finished the question "among the MDs, your favourite...", the reply "Ilayaraja Sir" came as a flash.

Anu was taken aback and then completed the question "I was about to ask whether it is ARR or Harris !".

Btw..I wonder why Suchi went out of this show..Is it because she tried somehow to bring IR's name in every show and the show organisers did not like it ?

alwarpet_andavan
28th September 2006, 09:04 PM
Yes, I saw the programme.
Before Anu finished the question "among the MDs, your favourite...", the reply "Ilayaraja Sir" came as a flash.

Anu was taken aback and then completed the question "I was about to ask whether it is ARR or Harris !".

Btw..I wonder why Suchi went out of this show..Is it because she tried somehow to bring IR's name in every show and the show organisers did not like it ?
Suchi was asked to leave because she allegedly had *attitude and timing problems*, if a source from Vijay TV is to be believed...

Nerd
29th September 2006, 01:35 AM
Excellent pick Rajdes. Thanks for sharing this info. Paartha Vizhi is an awesome awesome song.

Absolutely :thumbsup:

The rating for that song in raaga is 4.96, the highest I have seen so far and the song deserves such a high rating :thumbsup:

eagle
30th October 2006, 10:39 PM
Hi all,
Here is a link to Sanjay subramanyan's interview in Kaalachuvadu. he talks about many things and about Raja's music also.

http://www.kalachuvadu.com/issue-80/interview.htm