PDA

View Full Version : Which of the following two albums is better?

Ramakrishna
16th September 2006, 02:40 PM
Which of the following two albums is better?
Varalaaru or Sok

selvakumar
16th September 2006, 02:48 PM
Ada paavigala !
GF title ah maranthuteengala ! :(
Varalaaru can become the title for nameshake like unakkum enakkum (something something) . But GF is the title for this film !

IMO, Both the albums are good. But in GF all the songs were good. Not even a single song stood out from the list. Was a mix of class and mass and lot of variety too. It is like eating FULL MEALS AT SARAVANA BHAVAN !

SOK is also a great album. But Munbae Vaa and New York makes people concentrate on them alone without other things which are not upto it ! It is like eating Baasanthi, Rasagula again and again (hearing Munbae Vaa and NewYork alone) :D

ansa400
16th September 2006, 03:24 PM
GF is the clear winner. An album as a whole I wud say its better than SOK. Having said that I haven't listened to a song like New York in recent years. I listened to it atleast a 100 times, infact once I listened to it for 20 times at a stretch..... :2thumbsup:

dinesh2002
16th September 2006, 03:44 PM
i say SOK....as selva mentioned....Munbe Vaa & New York song pulls all the atention from the other tracks...but seriosly,im listenin to Maja Maja more than any of the songs in the movie .... last time it was Kummi Adi,then i moved to Machakari,then Munbe Va,then New York, and then Jillunu Oru Kadhal and now Maja Maja, yet to get adicted to Maaricham yet...but the part " gautham....gautham..." is very haunting.... :) .....

selvakumar
16th September 2006, 04:19 PM
GF is the clear winner. An album as a whole I wud say its better than SOK. Having said that I haven't listened to a song like New York in recent years. I listened to it atleast a 100 times, infact once I listened to it for 20 times at a stretch..... :2thumbsup:

Exactly ! NewYork Nagaram is one of the best songs in the recent times ! I don't think any song that got released in the past couple of years will match it !
:thumbsup:

muzammil_fr
16th September 2006, 06:16 PM
Stupid and fool topic, Ramakrishna sorry to say, don't know how u get a idea for spilt two arr albems, we can see clearly GF have varety songs, and Sok which don't have, but we can't tell GF is better then Sok, absoulity not, both albems are rocking, don't do again like those poll, it's really hurt real ARR fans :(. forgive me if i hurt u.

lancelot
16th September 2006, 06:25 PM
But GF is the title for this film !

:exactly: it may have been changed... but that dosent mean we have to call it that.. to me it's still godfather

hhe
:D

Scale
17th September 2006, 02:05 PM
Its Godfather as an album, Collectively Kaatril, Innisai, Theeyil, Ilamai & remixes. It will Rock to even an ordinary listener (thats what we fans want... Expert listerners spare me...)

Still I am on the process of finding which is better ?

GODFATHER (Theeyil) Vs SOK (NYN) :victory:

My heart always says "naan amma payyan so its theeyil" again Freakingly Awesome :shaking:

chellam kochikkadhada! :wink: :ty:

rayan36
17th September 2006, 06:59 PM
Eppovomae GODFATHER THAN :yes: :exactly: :musicsmile:

villan007
17th September 2006, 10:35 PM
My heart always says "naan amma payyan so its theeyil" again Freakingly Awesome :shaking:

chellam kochikkadhada! :wink: :ty:

:lol:

A.ANAND
18th September 2006, 06:20 AM
SOK IS CLASS :thumbsup :thumbsup: :thumbsup: GF IS MASS :thumbsup:

lancelot
18th September 2006, 07:19 AM
no dought GF is a good album, but my vote goes for SOK because of the class of music. it sound fresh and western and classy.
but am not taking credit off GF. a good album never the less

hehe

MADDY
18th September 2006, 08:31 AM
strangely, i'll vote for GF here (not that i love ajith) but the diff. in quality between NYN,Munbe vaa,Kummi adi and other songs in SOK is too huge whereas in GF all songs were of equal quality......and i guess GF songs will have more effect on screen than wat SOK had.....

Ramakrishna
18th September 2006, 05:08 PM
strangely, i'll vote for GF here (not that i love ajith) but the diff. in quality between NYN,Munbe vaa,Kummi adi and other songs in SOK is too huge whereas in GF all songs were of equal quality......and i guess GF songs will have more effect on screen than wat SOK had.....

:exactly: This is what i too feel :)

VENKIRAJA
26th September 2006, 09:33 PM
maddy hit the nail on its head.before and after seeing sok vids,i choose gf.simply mesmerising in kaatril!rahman has re-proved the likes of the muthu:mother sentiment song back in theeyil vuzuntha.again all racy nos. especially ilamai(remix) is the pick of the album.innisai undoubtably is gonna rock in respect with the video.the audio is not less mightier too.in toto nyn&munbe vaa alone cant take over gf

ajaybaskar
27th September 2006, 09:51 AM
i heard a rumour that Godfather VCD is available in mumbai. The guy who watched it (not an Ajith fan,for sure) told me that the Eunuch Character was good and the BGM was not upto ARR standards. Is it true,guys?

A.ANAND
27th September 2006, 11:23 AM
atha rumour innu sollithikala sir.

Hulkster
27th September 2006, 11:30 AM
SOK was more classier with more input into melodies and orchestration with songs like New york nagaram and munbe vaa and also the theme song. Theres also abit of experimentation with world music here as well. While new york nagaram remins you of modern western melodies like that of eric clapton, munbe vaa proved rahmans unique style of melody.

Godfather has one stunning track that can give munbe vaa and new york a run for its money. Innisai is a carnatic melody with soothing guitar strumming as a background. Very nice to hear and the echo effect in the short version gives it a much more emphatic listening. The other songs are reminiscent of old ARR numbers with more mass style.

Album wise - SOK
Song wise - Godfather(Innisai)

selvakumar
27th September 2006, 11:40 AM
i heard a rumour that Godfather VCD is available in mumbai. The guy who watched it (not an Ajith fan,for sure) told me that the Eunuch Character was good and the BGM was not upto ARR standards. Is it true,guys?

:rotfl: :lol:
It must be a rumour. If GF VCD is already out, then it won't be available in Mumbai alone. :wink: It would have come to Bangalore atleast ! :lol:
Rumours and GODFATHER have become part of it.
First they said ARR is not going to compose new songs for this film and he is going to give some of his earlier works. This was beaten completely.
Then they said Nadhiya is gonna pair with Thala :lol:
then they said film is going to be dropped when none other have commented about it !

Now, this one. FYI, Only superstar and ARR have seen the film and not anyone. 8-)

music man
27th September 2006, 10:57 PM
Only one sentence!!!!!!! Wait and watch- GF is going to rock TFM and BO..

villan007
28th September 2006, 11:29 AM
Only one sentence!!!!!!! Wait and watch- GF is going to rock TFM and BO..

Arjuna
29th September 2006, 04:01 PM
Godfather will surely win the next year Oscars! Thala (ajith) and GOD (ARR) rocks!..

A.ANAND
30th September 2006, 10:26 AM
Godfather will surely win the next year Oscars! Thala (ajith) and GOD (ARR) rocks!..win next year oscaraaaaaaaaaaaaaa????ithu konjam ovara irukke sir!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: