PDA

View Full Version : Wat is the meaning of the word " THENDI" ???

robinmat
18th December 2004, 11:10 AM
Hi all Mallus,
this is urgent ... i need to know the meaning of the word thendi- Does it mean bas-tard or does it mean beggar? cud some one pls help me out.................pls pls pls........

P.s- when u r writing ur answer pls write bas-tard with a "-" in the middle otherwise the word will get asterixed out

blahblah
18th December 2004, 11:42 AM
Seems to me that you have many good 'friends' around.Thendi means beggar. :lol:

nirosha sen
18th December 2004, 02:20 PM
Entho veshmum???? Why is it so important to find out what thendi meant???? Did someone call you that???? :o

robinmat
18th December 2004, 05:56 PM
no nirosha, no one called me that...........yet :roll: but i had a bet with a friend that the word meant bastard............i jus wanted to confirm i was rt...........

and blahblah, thanks for ur reply but i beg to differ.......i jus hope that someone caan provide me with conclusive evidence that i'm right 8)

nirosha sen
19th December 2004, 03:14 PM
Yeddo!! I wouldn't doubt Blah-Blah Pa!! He's as Keralite as you can be!! :) , though he lives outside the state as economic refugee! Am I right, Blah-Blah???? Paranye-thu sathyam thanne????

sonu gopi
20th December 2004, 09:57 AM
Seems to me that you have many good 'friends' around.Thendi means beggar. :lol:

Thendi could also mean a loafer! I think the meaning fits in according to the statement. :wink: Entha mansilayyo? :wink:

SONU GOPI :lol: :lol:

blahblah
20th December 2004, 03:29 PM
Yeddo!! I wouldn't doubt Blah-Blah Pa!! He's as Keralite as you can be!! :) , though he lives outside the state as economic refugee! Am I right, Blah-Blah???? Paranye-thu sathyam thanne????

Economic refugee? Great phrase for all of us Keralaites who suffer from Communism at home.But yes Nirosha,that's the truth :cry: .

And you Sonuchechi,you seem to be very good at malayalam 'theri' :lol: .

Sandeep
20th December 2004, 06:29 PM
Hai Thendi's and non-Thendi's,

I am also a 'Thendi' from Kerala. Started my 'thendal' just 4 years back and continuing successfully.

Some of my friends in bangalore tell me that kerala achieved 100% literacy because all the illitrates either went to middle east (Gulf) or came to bangalore (like me) :) . Now I can add Pune too :twisted: . What you say?

nirosha sen
20th December 2004, 07:12 PM
Possibly 'thendi' is derived from the word, 'thendum' which is superflous in meaning and usage, Pa!!

Sandeep
20th December 2004, 07:23 PM
Thendum and Thendal are verbs
Thendi is noun

Thendi is used as a verb also.

Cyril
23rd December 2004, 09:51 PM
Verudhey onnu etti nokiyadha.....
i didn't expect so many malllu's r here.......Nice to c u all......
Thendi is often refered freindly...so freinds never mean the real thendi...
hope i am right!!!

blahblah
28th December 2004, 10:33 AM

I am also a 'Thendi' from Kerala. Started my 'thendal' just 4 years back and continuing successfully.

Sandeep,no doubt about it. :twisted:

Some of my friends in bangalore tell me that kerala achieved 100% literacy because all the illitrates either went to middle east (Gulf) or came to bangalore (like me) :) . Now I can add Pune too :twisted: . What you say?

How dare you? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

nirosha sen
28th December 2004, 11:13 AM
Aiyo!!! Blah-Blah pettu-ne deshum piddichu!! Beware Pa!!!! :D :D :D

sonu gopi
28th December 2004, 12:09 PM

Sandeep,no doubt about it. :twisted:

How dare you? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Blah2 - Sandeep veruthey tamasha parayuellae! Relax and take it easy monnae!! :wink: :wink:

hehehewalrus
30th December 2004, 02:38 AM
hey i missed this thread :D

you can confidently claim that in majority of the malayalam threads of the old forumhub, "every 4th word was thendi" :lol: :lol:

walrus
(a "3rd rate thendi") :lol: :lol:

sonu gopi
31st December 2004, 07:24 PM
walrus (a "3rd rate thendi") :lol: :lol:

Walrus, how could you call thyself like that! tooo.. bad...tooo bad! :evil: :wink:

SONU GOPI :roll:

hehehewalrus
1st January 2005, 12:11 AM
Thirdrate Thendi can be the name of a hit movie, it will be a bigger hit than Olympian Adam Anthony :D

shreya nair
11th January 2005, 01:13 PM
hey..I would really like to know the answer as well.. I belief thendi means beggar.. however, some ppl refer to it as loafer..no idea..

blahblah
12th January 2005, 11:34 AM
Thendi can mean both 'beggar' and ''loafer'' according to the context.I earlier gave only one meaning because this gentleman who posted this specifically asked whether it means 'beggar'or 'bas***d.When someone asks you ''whether you know that thendi who sits infront of the bus station'',it means beggar.When your mother asks you ''Ravile muthal evide thendi nadakkuvarunneda?'',it gives the other meaning :oops: .

sonu gopi
12th January 2005, 02:27 PM
Thendi can mean both 'beggar' and ''loafer'' according to the context.I earlier gave only one meaning because this gentleman who posted this specifically asked whether it means 'beggar'or 'bas***d.When someone asks you ''whether you know that thendi who sits infront of the bus station'',it means beggar.When your mother asks you ''Ravile muthal evide thendi nadakkuvarunneda?'',it gives the other meaning :oops: .

Exactly Blah2 - mother's know the best words to use! :lol: I have heard this so many times when my cousin brothers loaf about!!