PDA

View Full Version : New releases of Puratchi Thalapathy Vishal

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ramakrishna
20th August 2006, 11:09 PM
So after three hits, Chellamae, Sandakozhi and Thimiru, i think Vishal deserves a thread. :roll:

Tia
20th August 2006, 11:57 PM
WOAHHHH!!!

I JUSTTTTTTTTTTT WATCHED THIMIRUU, AND I WAS GONA OPEN A THREAD FOR HIM...AND ITS READY HERE :D

woahh mann i really liked the movieee!!!

from now on i'm a Vishal fan too :thumbsup:

ramky
20th August 2006, 11:58 PM
Gaayu : can i watch Thimuru with family or are there :oops: somethings to be fastforwarded ? :roll:

Tia
21st August 2006, 12:12 AM
No no no no noo!!!! u can watch it with ur family! :D :yes:

i watched it with my mum :thumbsup:

Thirumaran
21st August 2006, 12:16 AM

:shock: Did ur mom slept while watching the movie :huh:

ramky
21st August 2006, 12:37 AM

taanksu :)

m_23_bayarea
21st August 2006, 05:29 AM
Yay VISHAL !!! The Next Superstar !!!! :thumbsup: :clap: :lol:

Thirumaran
21st August 2006, 06:02 AM

:? Then who is the current super star :roll: :confused2:

rachel
21st August 2006, 07:17 AM

AK :D

Thirumaran
21st August 2006, 07:21 AM

:roll: :huh:

rachel
21st August 2006, 07:22 AM

:roll: :huh:

theriyathu.... :shock: ajith :D kumar

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 07:23 AM
Ajithkumar nu solluraa...let us not spam this thread and take it serious..Vishal's sivappathgiaaram is up next.

rachel
21st August 2006, 07:23 AM
hulku :notworthy:

villan007
21st August 2006, 07:25 AM
WOAHHHH!!!

I JUSTTTTTTTTTTT WATCHED THIMIRUU, AND I WAS GONA OPEN A THREAD FOR HIM...AND ITS READY HERE :D

woahh mann i really liked the movieee!!!

from now on i'm a Vishal fan too :thumbsup:

:cry2: :cry3: :cry2:

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 07:27 AM
Sivappathigaaram stills

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/movies/8485.html

Movie : Sivappathigaaram
Cast : Vishal,Mamta Mohandass(Malayalee actress), Raghuvaran
Director : Karu Palaniappan(Parthiban Kanavu,Sathurangam)
Music : Vidyasagar

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 07:28 AM
Vishal's upcoming movies

* Thamirapirani with Director Hari
* Sivappathigaram

Both are commercial entertainers with the first a family oriented and the second romance oriented.

rachel
21st August 2006, 07:33 AM
Vishal's upcoming movies

* Thamirapirani with Director Hari
* Sivappathigaram

Both are commercial entertainers with the first a family oriented and the second romance oriented.

:poke:

villan007
21st August 2006, 07:38 AM
sivapathikaaram is an actiopn movie accrd. to the dir :?

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 07:46 AM
That is what commercial entertainer means but knowing karu palaniappan his style of direction has a bit of difference even if its action oriented so we have to await the movie for its judgement.

Ramakrishna
21st August 2006, 05:42 PM
This Vishal has started acting in Action & mass movies in the beginning itself.

Unicorn
21st August 2006, 06:43 PM
Thimiru :lol2: watched the film yesterday..Unlimited comedy :exactly:
Highlight bein the Vishal-Shriya episodes :rotfl: :rotfl: and every scene with the Baashah type boost up music :hammer: :hammer:
Vijaykanth style of action,Perarasu style romance :clap:
Yuvan has used 50% of the BGM from Pattiyal :hammer: :hammer:
Songs :oops: (reema was cute though :razz: )
Theater was jus 50% filled on a weekend(Devi Paradise).Dunno why its been labelled as a sper hit :huh:
First half was ok :roll:
Overall Timuru proves that there are directors worse than Perarasu :thumbsup:

Tia
21st August 2006, 11:33 PM
no...why? :huh:

m_23_bayarea
21st August 2006, 11:37 PM
Highlight bein the Vishal-Shriya episodes :rotfl: :rotfl: and every scene with the Baashah type boost up music :hammer: :hammer:
Theater was jus 50% filled on a weekend(Devi Paradise).Dunno why its been labelled as a sper hit :huh:

Navin, maybe Vishal thought if Vijay can do all the build-up, why not himself ??? Perhaps, all he has to do is label himself as a Vijay fan and go abt it ... The kid is SMART !!! :lol: :lol: :P

Surya
22nd August 2006, 02:46 AM
I agree!! :lol: :lol: :exactly:

It seems now-a-days anyone can become a mass hero if they are willing stoop down to do formula movies like thirupaachi and sivakasi with cheezy punch lines, and advise monsoons. *Hint* *hint* :roll: :poke: :P

So if some can do it, why not others?! :huh:

Vishal is cool...8-)

:poke: @ Navin.

kb
22nd August 2006, 02:52 AM
nope.. this year itself.. some have failed in mass films twice..

timiru is dropping down in collections.. lets C if this guy can pull it up in his next movie..

Surya
22nd August 2006, 02:59 AM
Well..I seriously doubt if it's a superhit like sify says..:roll: but even "Madhan's Thirai Paarvai" on vj tv has termed thirmiru as a Sucess.

The songs didn't live up to yuvan's expectations at all..:(

Surya
22nd August 2006, 03:06 AM
ppl who have failed in mass this year....:roll: Hmm...

What movies were Mass type movies realsed this year?

Aadhi
Thirupathi
Thimiru

those are the only 3 right? :huh:

But yeah, even VJ failed in the beggining. THe punch dialouges didn't work with PUdhiya Geethai etc. I guess if one stays at it giving it again and again it works...which is bad for the industry because taht means that anyone can get it...:(

kb
22nd August 2006, 03:19 AM
sadly aadhi dint have many mass elements.. its more family..

maamaaa :oops: :oops:

Surya
22nd August 2006, 03:42 AM
:lol:

Well, it still had some punch dialouge type scenes, like the cell phone scene which never existed in aathanokkade.

Surya
22nd August 2006, 04:10 AM

Well, it still had some punch dialouge type scenes, like the cell phone scene which never existed in aathanokkade.

Thirumaran
22nd August 2006, 04:24 AM

I am visualizing what could have been ur review If Vijay acted in this movie :roll:

Querida
22nd August 2006, 04:40 AM
Thimiru was one of the few movies where i didn't fastforward the fight scenes...for some reason even with Vadivel's comedy I can't see him the same way after "pulikesi"...reema and the other main actress were good in their parts...but i thought there would be more interaction between reema and the other actress making sense why reema would feel so grateful towards vishal...plot was a bit far-fetched...somehow all that hush-hush about his hiding didn't seem to add up...just my pov

m_23_bayarea
22nd August 2006, 05:13 AM
sadly aadhi dint have many mass elements.. its more family..

maamaaa :oops: :oops:

Did you just miss the spelling of Family DRAMA ?? :P :lol: :P

RATHEESHAJITH
22nd August 2006, 11:54 AM
THIMIRU GOT 3RD PLACE IN SUNTV :fatigue:

Ramakrishna
22nd August 2006, 07:19 PM
[tscii:02c8b0037a]IT’s trouble time for Vishal?
Aug 22, 2006

Success and fame have their downsides too. It might be nice to bask in the glory of one’s success but it also brings certain liabilities along. All the news about you, true or false spreads like wildfire and before you can react, everyone knows more than you do about yourself. That’s why stars always have to be on their toes.
Vishal

The latest victim of the ‘fame effect’ is Vishal. There has been no other newcomer who has tasted so much success in the recent past. As a result Vishal has moved up the star ladder. The value of any news item concerning him also has gone shooting up. That’s why everyone now knows that he is being offered as much as 1.25 crores to do a movie. This report appeared in Behind Woods a few days back.

The IncomeTax department might have surely read this news, because reports suggest that they are now eyeing Vishal.

They might be suspicious as to whether he has declared all his assets to them. They are currently making a thorough study of his net assets. Vishal must certainly be having a few sleepless nights, even if he might be innocent. It is an uneasy feeling to know that the I.T. dept. has an eye on you. Vishal has certainly discovered that fame can be a double-edged sword.
[/tscii:02c8b0037a]

Tia
22nd August 2006, 09:13 PM
Exactly what i thought! :yes:

Thimiru was one of the few movies where i didn't fastforward the fight scenes...for some reason even with Vadivel's comedy I can't see him the same way after "pulikesi"...reema and the other main actress were good in their parts...but i thought there would be more interaction between reema and the other actress making sense why reema would feel so grateful towards vishal...plot was a bit far-fetched...somehow all that hush-hush about his hiding didn't seem to add up...just my pov

Surya
23rd August 2006, 01:35 AM
So Far Vishal's Filmography:

Chellame - HIT

Sandaikozi - SUPERHIT

Thimiru - HIT (If collections are dropping I doubt if it's a Superhit like Sify Claims it to be)

So Vishal has pulled off a hat trick with Thimiru. 8-)

What's his NexT?

m_23_bayarea
23rd August 2006, 07:27 AM

Chellame - HIT

Sandaikozi - SUPERHIT

Thimiru - HIT (If collections are dropping I doubt if it's a Superhit like Sify Claims it to be)

What's his NexT?

His next will be a BLOCKBUSTER !!! Welcome the next Superstar !! :P :lol: :lol:

Thirumaran
23rd August 2006, 07:56 AM

Chellame - HIT

Sandaikozi - SUPERHIT

What's his NexT?

His next will be a BLOCKBUSTER !!! Welcome the next Superstar !! :P :lol: :lol:

athenna seriousaa paesittu sirikareenga :evil:

Unicorn
23rd August 2006, 10:50 AM
Vijay started this buildup kinda work after 10 yrs of romance,family,sentiment stuff with several good movies to his credit.That too with the backup of a solid fan base :smile:
Unlike many kids who fail in each and every 1 of these aspects :hammer:
1 link from Hindu during the Thirumalai period(Thirumaran :twisted: )
http://www.ilayathalapathyvijay.com/images/Hindu_Wed_Dec31.jpg
///His earlier films suffered at the box office.Doing an analysis of his flops Vijay has realised that it was not enough to make filmas that he liked but films that his distributors and fans liked////

Navin, maybe Vishal thought if Vijay can do all the build-up, why not himself ??? Perhaps, all he has to do is label himself as a Vijay fan and go abt it ... The kid is SMART !!! :lol: :lol: :P

RATHEESHAJITH
23rd August 2006, 10:59 AM
WELL SAID UNICORN MACHI..... :clap:

BUILD UP KUDUKKARATHUKKU SILA
QUALIFICATIONSLAAM THEVA PADUTHU :thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2006, 08:31 PM
Kevalamaana masala padangalla yevan nadichaalum padanga kevalam thaan. Athenna Ajith, Vijay, Rajini nadichchaa mattum hit aaganum, mathavanga ellaam nadichchaa hit aaga kodaatha.
The so-called mass heroes act in some rubbish masala movies and the movies somehow become hits.Encouraged by this, everyone is making movies like these.
People should reject all the masala or formula films no matter which komban acts in the movies.

selvakumar
23rd August 2006, 08:43 PM
Kevalamaana masala padangalla yevan nadichaalum padanga kevalam thaan. Athenna Ajith, Vijay, Rajini nadichchaa mattum hit aaganum, mathavanga ellaam nadichchaa hit aaga kodaatha.
The so-called mass heroes act in some rubbish masala movies and the movies somehow become hits.Encouraged by this, everyone is making movies like these.
People should reject all the masala or formula films no matter which komban acts in the movies.

Ithae rule ah Ajith, vijay kku mela oru generation irukke athayum sethu, I mean including their names as well..

If you had mentioned, I would have accepted :lol:
BTW, You can do onething.

List all the crap masala of all the heroes (Right from MGR days)

Then bash every actor's name near that.

appo sollunga !

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2006, 08:54 PM

Ithae rule ah Ajith, vijay kku mela oru generation irukke athayum sethu, I mean including their names as well..

appo sollunga !

Anne,
I have mentioned Ajith, Vijay and also Rajini as the mass heroes . pls check my post. As far as Kamal is concerned, i don't want to mention his name for obvious reasons known by many. And i don't remember any other actors who are more popular than the ones mentioned above.
MGR and Sivaji - I am not sure of their movies. I have not seen most of their movies. They are of different period.
Hope i am clear :D

Ramakrishna
23rd August 2006, 08:57 PM

appo sollunga !

Anne,
I have mentioned Ajith, Vijay and also Rajini as the mass heroes . pls check my post. As far as Kamal is concerned, i don't want to mention his name for obvious reasons known by many. And i don't remember any other actors who are more popular than the ones mentioned above.
MGR and Sivaji - I am not sure of their movies. I have not seen most of their movies. They are of different period.
Hope i am clear :D

Thirumaran
24th August 2006, 05:27 AM
Vijay started this buildup kinda work after 10 yrs of romance,family,sentiment stuff with several good movies to his credit.That too with the backup of a solid fan base :smile:

It seems u had never seen the earlier movies of Vijay directed by his father :banghead:

m_23_bayarea
24th August 2006, 05:37 AM
1 link from Hindu during the Thirumalai period(Thirumaran :twisted: )
http://www.ilayathalapathyvijay.com/images/Hindu_Wed_Dec31.jpg

:thumbsup:

Maybe Vishal is trying to do that right from his 3rd movie, and doesnt waana wait for 10 years ... Being very proactive, more than his predecessor !!! :lol: :lol:

VENKIRAJA
24th September 2006, 12:35 PM
vishal VAARISU THAAN,AANAL KUTTI PATHINAARU ADI PAAYNTHIRUKKIRATHU.

ALL HIS THREE FILMS HAVE BEEN PRODUCED BY HIS DAD,UNDER THE NAME OF THE EX-HERO AJAY ALIAS VIKRAM KRISHNA:HIS BRO.BUT HIS NEXT PROJECTS ARE ALL ALIEN PRODUCED.HAVING A BLACK SKIN,WITH MAGAZINES GLANCING HIM AS A RAJNI SUCCESSOR,HYPED OPENING OF THIMIRU,VISHAL HAS NOW EVEN GAINED A"NEXT VIJAY"TITLE.(EVEN IF THAT HAS BEEN A SET-UP DRAMA BY THE FAMILY AS READ FROM KISU-KISUS)

is he really desrving a next ***** title?

Surya
16th October 2006, 11:30 PM
[tscii:f7907120f0]`Pogaru` takes a good opening
By Moviebuzz | Friday, 13 October , 2006, 16:25
The Telugu audience love for Tamil hero’s continue. Vishal, the tall dark hero is the latest to join the bandwagon of heroes from Kollywood to make it big here. His, Pogaru has opened big all over Andhra.

According to Vishal whose dad G.K.Reddy is marketing the film in Andhra: “Pogaru was able to get 142 screens all over the state, the highest ever for a dubbed Tamil film ever. The opening has been simply awesome.”

Vishal who is a Telugu boy dubbed in his own voice for Pogaru and the scenes in which he confronts Shreya Reddy who plays the negative character is getting a lot of applause in theatres.

After the super success of Pandem Kodi and Pogaru, Vishal is really big in Andhra. Now the buzz is that he will be doing a straight film in Telugu soon.

8-)[/tscii:f7907120f0]

raaja_rasigan
17th October 2006, 03:57 AM
Vishal to don khaki
IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 16, 2006]

Vishal, who shot to fame with hat-trick of hits in Chellamae, Sandai Kozhi and Thimiru, will play the role of a tough cop soon.

Currently shooting for Thamiraparani and Sivappathikaram, Vishal has agreed to do the role of a police officer for a movie to be produced by his brother Vikram Krishna. A debutant Rajasekar will direct the movie. He had been an associate of director Suresh Krishna in the past.

According to Vishal, it is a different film, which is more brainy.

--------------------------

OK.... action'la irundhu ippo oru comedy padam panraaru.....
makkalai sirikka vekkiradhu nalla visayamdhaan :lol:

kb
9th November 2006, 09:38 AM
sivapathigaram trailer looks like another sandakozhi..

vishal succes track to continue...

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Trailers/trailers1/index.html

kidils
12th November 2006, 12:25 PM
hey i saw thimiru... good entertainer... story is same old ... but screenplay was clever....

vishal did good in that movie.

cant wait 4 sivapathigaram 2 see him with that hottie mamta.

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 03:30 PM
SIFY says :

AFTER SIVAPPATHIGAARAM, VISHAL WILL BE THE SUPERSTAR :lol2:

:rotfl:

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14329731

leosimha
13th November 2006, 03:42 PM
is it sify is back to its game....naming each and every tom, dick and harry as the superstar....it is easy to become a superstar if you are in good books of sify...

MADDY
13th November 2006, 03:54 PM
[tscii:72108b0f99]my instincts tell that sivapathigaram will be to Vishal wat Vallavan was to simbhu..... :lol:

Thimiru’s dubbed version Pogaru in Telugu is such a big hit, that Telugu Film Producers Association wants a ban on all future dubbed films :rotfl: :rotfl:

first an informal meeting of music company bosses criticising ARR and now this......Sify is the best entertainer on the net.... :lol: [/tscii:72108b0f99]

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 04:05 PM
[tscii:c50108b6b6]my instincts tell that sivapathigaram will be to Vishal wat Vallavan was to simbhu..... :lol:

Thimiru’s dubbed version Pogaru in Telugu is such a big hit, that Telugu Film Producers Association wants a ban on all future dubbed films :rotfl: :rotfl:

first an informal meeting of music company bosses criticising ARR and now this......Sify is the best entertainer on the net.... :lol: [/tscii:c50108b6b6]

:rotfl: :rotfl: and the way they have given BUILD UP for Vishal :rotfl:
Telugu film association trying to ban dubbed films cozof Vishaal :rotfl:

LET US HAIL THE SUPERSTAR who had done 3 movies now in tamil ! :lol2:

P.S: We should not forget what happened to DHANUSH after delivering 3 hits !

MADDY
13th November 2006, 04:13 PM

dont worry Selva, when Azhwar is there, Siva-pathi-garam - sema-adi-vaangum..... :lol:

selvakumar
13th November 2006, 04:16 PM

dont worry Selva, when Azhwar is there, Siva-pathi-garam - sema-adi-vaangum..... :lol:

When this movie is releasing ? Dec .. I hope it doesn't spoil the movie which I expect a lot .. I mean VEYIL.. Veyil should emerge as the winner. !

joe
22nd November 2006, 08:44 AM
Vishal - Next Vasool mannan?

http://www.tamiloviam.com/unicode/11160607.asp

kb
22nd November 2006, 08:48 AM
vishal next movie is satyam.. he is acting as a COP

Thirumaran
22nd November 2006, 09:29 AM
vishal next movie is satyam.. he is acting as a COP

:clap: He will be suitable for that role :yes:

Sinthiya
22nd November 2006, 09:34 AM
:yes:....he's the next Superstar....:P

Sanguine Sridhar
22nd November 2006, 09:37 AM
Sinthiya patha vachuteenga :oops2:

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 09:39 AM
:yes:....he's the next Superstar....:P

:yes:

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 09:40 AM

oRu VishaaL Admirer Kan KaLangukiraar ! :cry: :oops:
Don't worry.. sinthiya might get banned if that is the case :wink: Atha thaaNae neega ethir paarkureenga :lol2:

Sinthiya
22nd November 2006, 09:40 AM
:lol: ...

Sinthiya
22nd November 2006, 09:43 AM
Don't worry.. sinthiya might get banned if that is the case :wink: Atha thaaNae neega ethir paarkureenga :lol2:
ban-ah? :o
please, ban pannunga.... :oops: ...

ok...back to Vishal...otherwise TM will spam/revive other thread i've created....

Thirumaran
22nd November 2006, 09:52 AM
ok...back to Vishal...otherwise TM will spam/revive other thread i've created....

:poke: ippadi sollitaa unga threads ellaam front pagekku vanthudumnnu paakureengala :poke:

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 09:55 AM

:poke: ippadi sollitaa unga threads ellaam front pagekku vanthudumnnu paakureengala :poke:

:rotfl: BTW, She is Ms Survival.. sorry.. ms Revival ! I think Maddy / Arya / Vishal should thank her a lot ! :lol:
Sinthiya, RENDU and SIVAPATHIGAARAM are clashing this FRIDAY ! :roll:

joe
22nd November 2006, 10:04 AM
Makkale,
theriyama oru post panni intha thread-a reenable panninathu thappa pochu..ellam chat panna aarampichteenga :oops:

Thirumaran
22nd November 2006, 10:06 AM
:rotfl: BTW, She is Ms Survival.. sorry.. ms Revival ! I think Maddy / Arya / Vishal should thank her a lot ! :lol:
Sinthiya, RENDU and SIVAPATHIGAARAM are clashing this FRIDAY ! :roll:

:lol: Add Pooja, Arya and latest arrival Beema Bun sorry reema sen :lol2:

selvakumar
22nd November 2006, 10:19 AM
Thiru anne - Beema Bun :rotfl:

Joe - Sorry :oops: Let me stop here !

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 01:37 AM
His upcoming film SP seems promising and the songs are fantastic! :D

Sinthiya
23rd November 2006, 03:07 AM
I think Maddy / Arya / Vishal should thank her a lot ! :lol:
:notthatway: ....i don't revive Vishal threads... :roll: ...
yes, Maddy, Arya, Pooja, Sada.... :P and Reema Sen...

:lol: Add Pooja, Arya and latest arrival Beema Bun sorry reema sen :lol2:
:evil: ....go see some pics of Shriya... :P ... :ashamed:

sorry for this digression, Joe.... :(

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 08:32 AM

Good advice :clap: :clap: :mrgreen:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 09:12 AM
[quote=Sinthiya]

:lol: :lol: :2thumbsup: That's all they can do!

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 09:26 AM

:lol: :lol: :2thumbsup: That's all they can do!

You both can send your pictures :P We can even see them :roll:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 09:28 AM
:bangcomp: :bangcomp: Just stick with ur thalaivi!

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 09:30 AM
:bangcomp: :bangcomp: Just stick with ur thalaivi!

:rotfl: :poke:

aamaa entha thalaiviya solreenga :huh:

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 09:31 AM

Thiru anna, Are u confident enough that we will have the courage to see them ? :oops:

Sinthiya
23rd November 2006, 09:33 AM
:evil: ....

Thiru anna, Are u confident enough that we will have the courage to see them ? :oops:
:twisted: ....:hammer:....

KF...your avatar rocks.... 8-) ...

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 09:35 AM

You bet!

Thanks Sinthiya! :D

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 09:38 AM
KF...your avatar rocks.... 8-) ...

:roll: :oops: :oops:

Sinthiya
23rd November 2006, 09:41 AM
:lol: ...no Selva...i was not referring to your avatar.... :P ... :wink:

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 09:52 AM

For gaining courage we will ask pictures of Pooja without make up and then they can send their pictures :P Is it ok :huh:

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 09:53 AM
:lol: ...no Selva...i was not referring to your avatar.... :P ... :wink:

I know that you didn't refer to my avatar since you are a lover of :noteeth: chicks like AJ and RS ! :lol: :mrgreen: :poke:

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 09:54 AM
For gaining courage we will ask pictures of Pooja without make up and then they can send their pictures :P Is it ok :huh:

I think we can gain enough courage by seeing THEIR CURRENT AVATARS ITSELF :mrgreen:

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd November 2006, 09:57 AM
...back to the topic :evil:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 10:11 AM
It's all because of SELVA!!!! :hammer: :hammer: :curse:

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 10:13 AM

:twisted: neenga ethuvumae pannaliyaa.. It is all coz of sinthu and yourself :hammer: :hammer:

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 10:20 AM

:clap: Sariyaa Sonneenga. Selva eppavumae ippadithaan :cry:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 10:34 AM
Thank you :notworthy:

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 10:34 AM

:clap: Sariyaa Sonneenga. Selva eppavumae ippadithaan :cry:

namma eppadi ! :lol:

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 10:40 AM
Can Vishal magic work?

By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 23 November , 2006, 09:40

After getting a hat trick of hits, Vishal is facing a litmus test at the box-office. His Sivapathikaaram releasing tomorrow (Nov 24) holds the key to his future success.

`Screenplay entertainments` one of the most professional outfits in Kollywood has produced Sivapathikaaram and in fact it is Vishal’s first film for an outside production house. Earlier he has only worked in the comfort of his home production. Now the newly created brand Vishal has to work and prove that he has an opening.

This Karu Palaniappan directed action film carries good reports. The songs tuned by Vidyasagar is appreciated and if the film is able to attract youth and family audience, it will turn winner at the box-office.

And this time Vishal has strong opposition from Madhavan in `Oscar Films` Rendu also releasing on 24th. It is clearly a head-on-clash between Sivapathikaaram and Rendu.

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks bulb, we needed that! :D

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 10:42 AM
namma eppadi ! :lol:

Pengal ellaam ennai romba samathu pillai nnu solvaanga :roll:

Sivapathigaram is releasing tomorrow. While going by company bus people were talking abt booking tickets for saturday :) Definetly Vishal is a star to look for :thumbsup:

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 10:43 AM
Thanks bulb, we needed that! :D

Your Welcome :P

great
23rd November 2006, 10:50 AM
Hey , yaaruppa athu Reema Sen-a Kindal Pannathu :twisted: :evil:

Thatti KetKa aaL illaiNu paatheengala :evil: :evil:

SwathyKa, Aruvala ready-a vEchukanga :twisted:

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 11:02 AM

great
23rd November 2006, 11:08 AM

Avangala vEchu comedy keemedy pannalaiyae :noteeth:

Avanga varathukulla :yessir:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 11:11 AM
Reema Sen has a gang to support her?? :shock: :shock: Since when?

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 11:13 AM
Hope Vishal Doesnt Turn Out To Be Another Danush... 3 Films Hit and then same kind of films which end up as damp squibs :noteeth:

great
23rd November 2006, 11:14 AM

From friday 12 P.M :noteeth:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 11:15 AM
Hope Vishal Doesnt Turn Out To Be Another Danush... 3 Films Hit and then same kind of films which end up as damp squibs :noteeth:

yeah, he is doing kinda similar roles, however he has this kinda of dignified portrayal of roles that Dhanush is yet to learn. Dhanush started showing bandha immediately...Vishal seems to be taking it steady! :wink:

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 11:19 AM

after u had her in ur avatar :P appadinnu solla maatoam :poke:

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 11:20 AM

yeah, he is doing kinda similar roles, however he has this kinda of dignified portrayal of roles that Dhanush is yet to learn. Dhanush started showing bandha immediately...Vishal seems to be taking it steady! :wink:

IMO Jeeva , Bharath and Arya are steady not Vishal :P

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 11:20 AM

Haven't u see THIMIRU ! :shaking:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 11:21 AM

after u had her in ur avatar :P appadinnu solla maatoam :poke:

:oops2: :oops2: Now I know never to make assumptions! :cry:

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 11:21 AM

Haven't u see THIMIRU ! :shaking:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

great
23rd November 2006, 11:22 AM
Iru vizhi unadhu 8-)
Imaigalum unnadhu 8-)
kanavugal mattum Enadhae Enadhu :P :P

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 11:22 AM
I mean steady in that he seems very calm and plays down to earth characters on screen as far as I can tell...

As far as experimenting and stuff yes, Jeeva and Bharath are good. :D

Prasanna is also another promising hero to be watched out for :D

selvakumar
23rd November 2006, 11:25 AM
Iru vizhi unadhu 8-)
Imaigalum unnadhu 8-)

wrong thread :lol:

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 11:25 AM
IMO Jeeva , Bharath and Arya are steady not Vishal :P

So far he is steady with 3 hits :yes: He remains calm so far. Not talking in sky level off screen. :) I would say after 3 more movies we can predict on Vishal :P

bulb_mani
23rd November 2006, 11:26 AM
I mean steady in that he seems very calm and plays down to earth characters on screen as far as I can tell...

Down to earth characters :lol: :lol: :lol: Kolly u saw Thimiru and Sandakozhi? :? If uve seen u wouldnt have used that " down to earth " :P

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 11:27 AM
Iru vizhi unadhu 8-)
Imaigalum unnadhu 8-)

Kanavukku Vizhigalukkum entha samanthamum kidayaathudaa vennai :poke:

great
23rd November 2006, 11:29 AM
Iru vizhi unadhu 8-)
Imaigalum unnadhu 8-)

Kanavukku Vizhigalukkum entha samanthamum kidayaathudaa vennai :poke:

Naan sambatha paduthuvein :poke:

Thiru, Reema is from Kolkatta :tongueout: :slurp: .. athunaala intha side vanthurunga :lol:

Kollywoodfan
23rd November 2006, 11:30 AM

Down to earth characters :lol: :lol: :lol: Kolly u saw Thimiru and Sandakozhi? :? If uve seen u wouldnt have used that " down to earth " :P

I know!! Well obviously u need some sort of action and stunts for an action hero but in both films he was calm and quiet in the first half!! argh !! fine, forget it...Vishal is not good. :ashamed: :ashamed:

Thirumaran
23rd November 2006, 11:35 AM
Naan sambatha paduthuvein :poke:

Thiru, Reema is from Kolkatta :tongueout: :slurp: .. athunaala intha side vanthurunga :lol:

Naan eppavumae bengali's pakkam thaan :yes:

Kolly avatar change pannitaanga.

:cry:

Sinthiya
24th November 2006, 09:10 AM
:twisted: neenga ethuvumae pannaliyaa.. It is all coz of sinthu and yourself :hammer: :hammer:no comments :D ....no argument today....

For gaining courage we will ask pictures of Pooja without make up and then they can send their pictures :P Is it ok :huh:seeing picture of Asin WITH make up is enough to gain courage, don't you think? :huh:....

Vishal can dance well...:)...he danced well in three of his movies....

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 10:03 AM
seeing picture of Asin WITH make up is enough to gain courage, don't you think? :huh:....

:evil: :rotfl:

By the way i am really courageous enough as i look at myself everyday :roll: :?

Sinthiya
24th November 2006, 10:13 AM
By the way i am really courageous enough as i look at myself everyday :roll: :?
:thumbsup:..... :roll: ...

let's end this....back to Vishal...

Unicorn
24th November 2006, 03:55 PM
saw sivappathigaaram :curse:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:01 PM

Super padam :clap: :D

Unicorn
24th November 2006, 04:10 PM
:hammer:
1st halfs a documentary.kinda enjoyable if u can appreciate Village way of life
2nd half :curse: mokkai :fatigue:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:12 PM
Second half thaanda padathulaiye strong point. It wud have been great if Vijay acted. :D :)

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 04:14 PM
we are getting mixed reviews :roll:

Seems this movie will be blockbuster :boo:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:17 PM

doubt-e vendaam 200days guaranteed :exactly: :yes:

Unicorn
24th November 2006, 04:18 PM
2nd half
1 murder
1 TV reporting scene
1 political meeting
repeat it for 5 times :fatigue:
That post interval song was :jollu: .Whoz that kutti?

Second half thaanda padathulaiye strong point. It wud have been great if Vijay acted. :D :)

Unicorn
24th November 2006, 04:19 PM
nijamaa,did u like it :roll:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:20 PM
:yes: :cool2:

nijamaa,did u like it :roll:

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 04:25 PM
2nd half
1 murder
1 TV reporting scene
1 political meeting

Seems like a Mega blockbuster movie for me :redjump: :bluejump:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:29 PM
2nd half
1 murder
1 TV reporting scene
1 political meeting

Seems like a Mega blockbuster movie for me :redjump: :bluejump:

engalkum thaan :evil:

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 04:37 PM

That is the spirit :thumbsup:

Future Superstar Vishal vaazhga :2thumbsup:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:38 PM

Ippo mattum ennavaan :evil:

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 04:40 PM

Ippa Current Superstar. Future la Future Superstar :boo:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:41 PM

Ippa Current Superstar. Future la Future Superstar :boo:

Nethu past superstar-aa :yes: :goodidea:

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 04:45 PM
Nethu past superstar-aa :yes: :goodidea:

:exactly: You are improving a lot 8-) :lol:

great
24th November 2006, 04:48 PM

:evil: :twisted: :evil: Solrathu Solra oru 250/275 sonna koranja pova :twisted: :evil:

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 04:56 PM

:evil: :twisted: :evil: Solrathu Solra oru 250/275 sonna koranja pova :twisted: :evil:

Athu ethukku 250 270 nnu suthi valaichi pesikittu, 1500 days nu round katti solvom. This film and this guy is capable of this. :exactly:

Thirumaran
24th November 2006, 05:09 PM
Vishal kku Oru Slogan ready pannanum :P

:roll:

Good ideas are welcome :wink:

great
24th November 2006, 05:10 PM
:exactly: :yes:

vaRungala M.L.A of America vishal vazhgha 8-)

Unicorn
25th November 2006, 09:32 PM
Sivapathigaram - Vishal Strikes Again!
Sivapathigaram

Cast : Vishal, Mamta Mohandas, Manivannan, Rajan, Kanja Karuppu

Music: Vidyasagar

Direction: Karu Palaniappan

Production: M.R.Mohan Radha, B.S.Radhakrishnan

Election opinion polls form the platform for Karu.Palaniappan's Sivapathigaram. The plot borrows heavily from Loyola College's practice of conducting election opinion polls and Raghuvaran, who plays a professor reminds us of Loyola's own Rev.Rajanayagam S.J.

Raghuvaran, as an aged professor, is a revelation and Karu.Palaniappan deserves a pat in the back for excellent casting. He plays the role of an upright collector who pays the price for his honesty with 23 transfers in 16 years of service. Retiring from his post, Raghuvaran joins as a professor in Lexicon college, where a violent incident forces him to quit. He then moves to rural areas to conduct a research on Folk music, with his favourite student Vishal. Meanwhile, the cops are on Vishal's trail and the reason why is disclosed in a high voltage flashback.

Sivapathigaram
The movie opens like a documentary film, with the focus on folk music, but Vidyasagar's soothing composition ties us to our seats.
Sivapathigaram

Karu.Palaniappan's screenplay is patchy,but he builds suspense with the murders that Vishal commits as soon as he meets Raghuvaran in the village.The final murder in the series of crimes is edge of the seat stuff. The director, Editor and Cinematographer, also need to be commended for their realistic picturisation of the college riots.The climax scenes invlolving the famed Madurai Kallazhagar festival deserves a mention for its camera work. The camera relentlessly follows Vishal in the huge crowd and gives the viewers an awesome bird's eye view. The 'Mulaippari' festival is also picturised with great finesse. Technically, Sivapathigaram is certainly a step forward.The director has also been very careful in getting a clean U certificate, for which he has gone to the extent of filming the excessive blood in black & white.
Vishal plays the angry young man to perfection.His opening song is however marred by an awkward item dance by Sona, whose entire body reverberates with each dance movement.
Mamta Mohandas does not have much to do, but looks voluptuous in song sequences. She has the looks to give Asin & co, a run for their money.

Karu.Palaniappan, who impressed one and all with his critically acclaimed Parthiban Kanavu, has gone into masala mode with the current collection king Vishal. The plot however carries a message against the corrupt political system and questions the logic behind electing politicians with zero qualifications, when other professionals like doctors, engineers and teachers are gauged mainly on the extent of their academic achievements.

Sivapathigaram
With strong performances from Vishal and Raghuvaran, a Ramana like storyline and decent screenplay, Sivapathigaram may well go on to add another hit to Vishal's already impressive career.

Bottom Line: Paisa Vasool
gettin +ve reviews :?

Ramakrishna
25th November 2006, 10:05 PM
gettin +ve reviews :?

Naanthaan sonnenedaa blockbusternu :D

Tia
26th November 2006, 04:21 AM
ooooo i knew vishal cud do it :D

but isn't he like vijays age? :roll:

Aandavan
26th November 2006, 10:38 AM
sivapathigaaram has around 50 songs it seems... a sure flop...

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 10:43 AM
ooooo i knew vishal cud do it :D

but isn't he like vijays age? :roll:

Exactly.... he is of Vijay's age :P

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 10:49 AM
Sivapathikaaram

By Moviebuzz

Karu Palaniappan, a director who redefined cinematic norms with his debut film Parthipan Kanavu is back with his second venture. And if his latest Sivapathikaaram happens to star Vishal the new action hero, the pressure that comes with the hype is immense.

Both Palaniappan and Vishal are aware about what is at stake; considering that audience will straightaway put their celluloid effort under the microscope. So where does Sivapathikaaram stand? First and foremost, the film is nowhere near Karu’s maiden venture but if you are looking for a fresh off-kilter cinematic experience with a message that is loud and clear, then you don’t want to miss Sivapathikaaram.

Professor Ilango (Raghuvaran) takes voluntary retirement from being a Professor and goes back to his village near Madurai with his daughter Charulatha (Mamta). He wants to do research on Nattupura Paattu (folk songs) for which he is assisted by Satyamoorthy (Vishal) a former student. Meanwhile elections are announced in the state and Satyamoorthy is on a killing spree as he kills three candidates for assembly elections! The Chief Election Commissioner postpones the date of election as candidate’s starts backing out, fearing that they may be the next target of the anonymous killer.

An investigation officer is on the trail of the killer and he unearths the truth that it was Ilango who masterminds the killings. His past as a professor at the Lexicon college, Madurai along with his relationship with Satyamoorthy his best student is told in a flashback. Everything is fine till the professor asks the final year students to do a project to conduct an opinion poll among the public on which party would win in a forthcoming by-election from the city.

But all hell breaks lose when the students come out with their predictions in which Union Minister (Rajan P.Dev)’s party loses elections. The corrupt party men with the support of police department attacks the college in which 40 students including Satya’s father (Manivannan) dies. So Ilango and Satyamoorthy decide to take on the corrupt political system. They wait patiently till assembly elections are announced to strike back.

One wishes that Karu had whipped up a tighter screenplay. The first half is full of songs, silent love and dream songs of Charu. The story takes off only after interval with the flashback and the climax. The basic story of hero turning vigilante and taking on the corrupt politicians and system is not new to Tamil cinema (Ramanna). But Karu could have made a difference by making it more believable and interesting.

However the climax scene shot in the real location at Azhagar festival in Madurai amidst Lakhs of people is spellbinding. Vishal is one of those rare actors who is not only talented, but is also blessed with a screen presence that's electrifying. The new girl Mamta provides glamour and shows promise. Raghuvaran’s body language and dialogue delivery adds conviction to his character. Ganja Karuppu takes care of comedy department. Gopinath’s camera beautifully etches the Tamilnadu countryside. Among the eight songs tuned by Vidyasagar, it is “Attari Thingal…” which is the pick of the album. Karu’s intentions of having so many folk songs in the first half did not serve any purpose.

At best, Sivapathikaaram remains a turgid chronicle of our corrupt political system that leaves you with undeniably mixed feelings.

Verdict- Above Average

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14337763&ctid=5&cid=2429

Unicorn
26th November 2006, 02:10 PM
50ku mela irukkum :cry2:
First half paaka porumai vendum :exactly:

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 02:13 PM
50 + songsa??? :shock:

ENapa Solreenga :?

avven
26th November 2006, 03:49 PM

even my freinds said the same wht unicorn said..we need lots of patience to watch the flim and they also said its unlike his previous flicks...

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 03:53 PM
avven even parthiban kanavu was very slow... it was a hit bcoz of songs and family subject... :?

Unicorn
26th November 2006, 03:57 PM
Parthiban kanavu was cool :razz: One of the best feel good films in recent years..
Dont compare Sivapathigaaram with that :hammer:

Aandavan
26th November 2006, 04:00 PM
9884898842 ...... this is our vishal's number... please phone panni thontharavu pannaatheenga... the caller tune is great... :smile:

avven
26th November 2006, 04:02 PM
avven even parthiban kanavu was very slow... it was a hit bcoz of songs and family subject... :?

yup bulb u perhaps right...wht i said was my wht friends told me abt the flick..since i didnot deem the flick yet i cant say it will sounds as parthiban kanavu r not....lets wait and see bcoz saying the result of the flick now seems very early....

avven
26th November 2006, 04:03 PM
9884898842 ...... this is our vishal's number... please phone panni thontharavu pannaatheenga... the caller tune is great... :smile:

is that his no r ur no Aandavan? :?

Aandavan
26th November 2006, 04:06 PM
avven, why should i post my number here???

avven
26th November 2006, 04:08 PM
avven, why should i post my number here???

just asking man thats it...anyway thx for let us know his number :D ...

bulb_mani
26th November 2006, 04:11 PM

Enna Caller Tune? :roll:

Phone Pani Pakasoladheenga :P

avven
26th November 2006, 04:23 PM

Enna Caller Tune? :roll:

Phone Pani Pakasoladheenga :P

wht ,did u hear anything annoying?

NOV
27th November 2006, 06:53 AM
Famed music director Vidhyasagar and upcoming movie star Vishal are in Malaysia to promote Sivapathikaaram. Malaysians can call and speak to them tomorrow from 1pm to 3pm on Minnal.fm while THR.fm will have a different session.
Both Vidhyasagar and Vishal will also be at several cinemas throughout Malaysia - see the Tamil dailies for further details.

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 09:56 AM
Thought of watching a movie for the week end. Went Friday night to chandran complex in Ashok Nagar for booking tickets. Rendu was running in Udayam and SP in Chandran.

SP was booked full in balcony and First class for Fri, Sat and Sun. and for the complete week booked for balcony.

Rendu also booked for Friday completely but saturday morning show was available for First class tickets.

Surprised to see Vishal has a opening !!!

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 10:03 AM
Vidhyasagar has done an excellant job in the BGM dept if not in the songs. May be.. I feel so.. The songs doesn't fit perfectly in the movie and they just remain as extra additions. Overall, VS has done a neat job.

MADDY
27th November 2006, 10:12 AM
Thought of watching a movie for the week end. Went Friday night to chandran complex in Ashok Nagar for booking tickets. Rendu was running in Udayam and SP in Chandran.

SP was booked full in balcony and First class for Fri, Sat and Sun. and for the complete week booked for balcony.

Rendu also booked for Friday completely but saturday morning show was available for First class tickets.

Adhudhaan TN-oda vidhi :banghead: :banghead:

btw, wat shuld be the seating capacity of Chandran??? i guess Udayam is bigger then Chandran.....also, my father says that hardly any movie goes empty there.......even Vandicholai chinrasu ran for 50 days there..... :lol: .......

also, no. of dark ppl. around Ashok Nagar is more than no. of Tan ppl.......hence Vishal has better opening than Maddy there...... :lol: :rotfl: .........

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 10:17 AM
btw, wat shuld be the seating capacity of Chandran??? i guess Udayam is bigger then Chandran....

Dont know abt seating capacity. I hardly seen movies in chennai :(

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 10:33 AM

First half is just 45 mins. Second half paarka romba porumai + high tolerance thevai ! :exactly:
this movie carries shades of "JI"

cancer
27th November 2006, 10:38 AM
The big advantage in this movie is ,
its running just 2 hrs.. :P

Selva i felt one of that melody song was good,

kb
27th November 2006, 10:39 AM
2 hrs avlo paaaaataa :o

cancer
27th November 2006, 10:41 AM

50 paatulaam illappa, :P

antha kramiya paatellam ivanga sethukiranga pola :)

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 10:43 AM

avvalavu paatellam irukaathuppaa :roll: ellaam oru exageration thaan :?

2 minutes poataalum 100 minutes in songs, 5 minutes for credits. Definetly few fights shd be there. 15 minutes poidum..

Avanga padam eduthaangala illa forth coming Vishal movies kku trailor eduthaangala :shock:

cancer
27th November 2006, 10:44 AM
no fights in the movie... except that collage scene...

ajaybaskar
27th November 2006, 10:45 AM

First half is just 45 mins. Second half paarka romba porumai + high tolerance thevai ! :exactly:
this movie carries shades of "JI"

Padam oduma selva? Inga tanjorela release aagala..

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 10:50 AM
Padam oduma selva? Inga tanjorela release aagala..

A pretty tough question indeed. My answer would be: A BIG NO !
This film won't be a HIT. will be an average or may break even if not a flop !
Plus ! VeyyiL which is getting released on DEC 8 may finish its run
IMO since veyyil is expected to be a film which deals with nativity and human emotions more.
This film is LOT LOT BETTER THAN THIMIRU ! :)

kb
27th November 2006, 10:50 AM
so sivapathigaaram flops :? :?

screenplay didnt save vishal this time

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 10:52 AM

Ya.. But the picturisation was not that good. The one that comes after the interval was :tongueout: :slurp:

cancer
27th November 2006, 10:52 AM

Ya.. But the picturisation was not that good. The one that comes after the interval was :tongueout: :slurp:

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 10:53 AM
no fights in the movie... except that collage scene...

oh :) That is 8-) I think i would be liking this movie :wink:

ajaybaskar
27th November 2006, 10:55 AM
I expected a lot from Karu.Palaniyappan.

bulb_mani
27th November 2006, 10:55 AM
Sivapathigaram SUper Duper Mega Giga hit :victory: :cool2: :swinghead:

cancer
27th November 2006, 10:57 AM
I expected a lot from Karu.Palaniyappan.

ya.. me too... :)

Innum konjam nalla mould pannirukklaam, scenes are very normal,

no big turn or twist in the movie :P

MADDY
27th November 2006, 11:02 AM
Sivapathigaram SUper Duper Mega Giga hit :victory: :cool2: :swinghead:

hello, Bangalore-la hit-a illayannu theriyama eppadi neenga declare pannalaam??? U should ask Bangalore trade experts b4 declaring such things...... :lol:

selva, u saw the no. of theatres Sivapathigaram has released in b'lore?? yaen indha vetti build up???

bulb_mani
27th November 2006, 11:04 AM
MADDY im in chennai....
adhellam kanduka koodadhu ellam oru build up :evil: :wink:

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 11:05 AM
hello, Bangalore-la hit-a illayannu theriyama eppadi neenga declare pannalaam??? U should ask Bangalore trade experts b4 declaring such things...... :lol:

selva, u saw the no. of theatres Sivapathigaram has released in b'lore?? yaen indha vetti build up???

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Wait .. Rajaram anne will come and reveal the Bangalore BO status :P
I know the no. of theatres.. :lol: Rendu has not released here itseems. But this movie won't succeed since it fails to satisfy C centre vishaal audience.

Maddy - He gives explanation for "Karuppu" colour.. :omg: even RAJINI sir wouldn't have given such thing .
Sometimes, he delivers stats in captain style ! :fatigue:

Unicorn
27th November 2006, 11:13 AM
:exactly:

Unicorn
27th November 2006, 11:15 AM
Udhayam has 50% black ticket sales.
Dont get misguided by the bookin reports :razz:

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 11:41 AM
Udhayam has 50% black ticket sales.
Dont get misguided by the bookin reports :razz:

I was not misguided :roll: Of course, there shd be some other factors will come like black tickets, seat capacity, etc..

But considering Vishal is quite new, I was surprised to see houseful shows. :P

Rather being in the industry for long, I am sad that Madhavan comparatively dont have that much fan following now. :(

If could have sustained the initial craze people had on him he could have been one of the front line star, which is not the case now :(

MADDY
27th November 2006, 11:47 AM
But considering Vishal is quite new, I was surprised to see houseful shows. :P

Rather being in the industry for long, I am sad that Madhavan comparatively dont have that much fan following now. :(

If could have sustained the initial craze people had on him he could have been one of the front line star, which is not the case now :(

ayyo, TM, anga Ramarajan padam kooda odum.......Udhayam is a big centre for movie watching......its never considered a yardstick for movie run......

reg Maddy, yes, he is here now, bcos of his own mistakes........before settling down in the industry, he started acting in offbeat movies/roles..........periya MGR,Rajini-nnu nenappu......thats y he was shown who he was......btw, Vishal is gonna go pretty soon too........4-5 padam virundhaali.....

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 12:14 PM
ayyo, TM, anga Ramarajan padam kooda odum.......Udhayam is a big centre for movie watching......its never considered a yardstick for movie run......

Is that in the same complex a theatre for C class audiences and a theatre for A class audience :?

Ok. Let us consider Udhayam a center for watching movie not for long run. Still at least in the opening week end it shd have booked well in advance considering Maddy's stay in industry. That is what i was making a point.

Regarding Vishal's stay in industry, in my opinion..
he has right mixture of height, weight and his looks i would say would be liked by Tamil audience.

If he chooses his roles well he has a long future. Not necessarily he should be having great acting talents.

3 hit movies. Let us wait for another 3 more movies including Sivapathigaram. Then we will come to know :wink:

cancer
27th November 2006, 12:17 PM
Sivapathikaram Oothikiche.. padam paathuttu vanthu sollungo... :lol:

MADDY
27th November 2006, 12:32 PM
Regarding Vishal's stay in industry, in my opinion..
he has right mixture of height, weight and his looks i would say would be liked by Tamil audience.

If he chooses his roles well he has a long future. Not necessarily he should be having great acting talents.

3 hit movies. Let us wait for another 3 more movies including Sivapathigaram. Then we will come to know :wink:

looks-aaaaa?? i can pick 1000's of such persons in Chennai, wats so spl abt him??? even i'm waiting for his fate after 3 more films........really i dont want him to stay......cos he is another lowly talented, cinema industry insider..... :twisted:

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 01:09 PM
1. looks-aaaaa??
2. i can pick 1000's of such persons in Chennai,
3. wats so spl abt him???
4. even i'm waiting for his fate after 3 more films........
5.really i dont want him to stay......
6.cos he is another lowly talented,
7.cinema industry insider..... :twisted:

1. Depends on person to person :roll:
2. Not sure on what sense u say that here :? Even i can pick so many great looking personalities like Kamal(white side ) and Rajini(Black side). Not everyone is keen in coming to Cine industry :)
3. Not much as of now. But on +ve side, I would say he has very good screen presence. He did good job in all the movies he did before SP in my opinion. He is very good in action in my opinion.
4. :thumbsup:
5. I like your straight forward opinions :thumbsup: though i dont like the way you put them :wink:
6. For this only i said let us wait for 3 more movies. If we consider only 3 movies then many popular stars performance would go in the same league. saying that he did good job in Chellame, SK and Thimuru. From Chellame to Thimuru he had improved in dance. He had not yet got any highly performance oriented movies. So let us wait :wink:

7. I expect you to show the same kind of hatred towards all such :P

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 01:12 PM

Padam Oothikicha illayaanu padam paarthuttu nichayamaa solla mudiyaathu :? Vaenumnaa predict pannalaam :wink:

cancer
27th November 2006, 01:17 PM

Padam Oothikicha illayaanu padam paarthuttu nichayamaa solla mudiyaathu :? Vaenumnaa predict pannalaam :wink:

Thiru anne unga prediction aaa... seri.. seri.. :lol:

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 01:21 PM
Thiru anne unga prediction aaa... seri.. seri.. :lol:

Shd i bring all the predictions you guys made in the past :wink:

There are several predictions have been made in present also. So be careful :P :lol:
Prediction going wrong is much better than giving wrong facts :wink:

MADDY
27th November 2006, 01:31 PM
1. Depends on person to person :roll:
2. Not sure on what sense u say that here :? Even i can pick so many great looking personalities like Kamal(white side ) and Rajini(Black side). Not everyone is keen in coming to Cine industry :)
3. Not much as of now. But on +ve side, I would say he has very good screen presence. He did good job in all the movies he did before SP in my opinion. He is very good in action in my opinion.
4. :thumbsup:
5. I like your straight forward opinions :thumbsup: though i dont like the way you put them :wink:
6. For this only i said let us wait for 3 more movies. If we consider only 3 movies then many popular stars performance would go in the same league. saying that he did good job in Chellame, SK and Thimuru. From Chellame to Thimuru he had improved in dance. He had not yet got any highly performance oriented movies. So let us wait :wink:

7. I expect you to show the same kind of hatred towards all such :P

2. u have seen ppl. looking like kamal-aa?? :shock: .......great.....Rajini is super looking.......i dont have problems with vishal's darkness but i reallly dunt think he is good looking.....y arent we getting a Hrithik,Arjun Rampal in Tamil?? :cry:

3. he is a decent actor, no doubt........if thats enuf for ppl. to ga-ga over him, then let me also joing acting..... :D

5. Its more dangerous to conceal hatred than to conceal love....... :lol: .......

7. Hmm, i know u r talking abt Surya, AB Baby, GVPrakash maybe........got to tell u, i have preferences amongst this group of insiders as well..... :lol: ......but no way i wud rate them more than outsiders.......

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 01:43 PM
2. u have seen ppl. looking like kamal-aa?? :shock: .......great.....Rajini is super looking.......i dont have problems with vishal's darkness but i reallly dunt think he is good looking.....y arent we getting a Hrithik,Arjun Rampal in Tamil?? :cry:

Not People looking like kamal. But good looking like kamal. Among few hubbers photo i had seen, i would say bayarea falls in this category :wink:

Hrithik or any other bolly heroes will never make impact on Tamil Audience except Girls and to certain extent College Students. Tamils would prefer over manliness and attraction over beauty and body build ups :roll:

I dont know what term to use in English. In tamil we say vaseegaram. :P

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 01:53 PM
Hrithik or any other bolly heroes will never make impact on Tamil Audience except Girls and to certain extent College Students. Tamils would prefer over manliness and attraction over beauty and body build ups :roll:

so, VishaaL has "Vaseegaram". That is news to me ! :P

Thirumaran
27th November 2006, 02:01 PM

so, VishaaL has "Vaseegaram". That is news to me ! :P

These are all not news :roll: Depends on our View :? Even for highly magnetic personality like Rajini, people make fun :(

P.S : By the way, it is nor comparision on Rajini's look and Vishal's look. There is a possiblity some may feel in different manner and start :rotfl:

So being on safe side :oops:

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 02:13 PM
These are all not news :roll: Depends on our View :? Even for highly magnetic personality like Rajini, people make fun :(

<<<<<<< P.S : By the way, it is nor comparision on Rajini's look and Vishal's look. There is a possiblity some may feel in different manner and start :rotfl:

So being on safe side :oops: >>>>>>>>

I think you referred CHARISMA there (Vaseegaram). It is not something which depends on our view. In the case of beauty, I agree . 8-) Your point on RK is pretty good on the CHARISMA PART.. (Magnetic personality). :wink:

joe
27th November 2006, 02:53 PM
Sivapathikaram -Review from a notable blogger

http://icarus1972us.blogspot.com/2006/11/sivappathigaram-review.html

cancer
27th November 2006, 03:03 PM
Sivapathikaram -Review from a notable blogger

http://icarus1972us.blogspot.com/2006/11/sivappathigaram-review.html

Raguvaran solra 2-3 dialogue tavira theatre la entha scene kkum kai thattala..... kanja karuppukkuthan 4-5 kai thattalkal... :)

CBI officer um, avaru investigate panrathum :banghead:

Azhkar Tiruvizhannu solli,chumma poochandi kaatitanga....

selvakumar
27th November 2006, 04:53 PM
Raguvaran solra 2-3 dialogue tavira theatre la entha scene kkum kai thattala..... kanja karuppukkuthan 4-5 kai thattalkal... :)
CBI officer um, avaru investigate panrathum :banghead:
Azhkar Tiruvizhannu solli,chumma poochandi kaatitanga....

especially the "Urthuchu" dialogue. :lol: Hey ! That guys looks like a relative / brother of Actor Rajkiran ! Much similar :)

Pras
27th November 2006, 05:21 PM
210 days vetri vizha for sandhaikozhi ? :shock:

cancer
27th November 2006, 05:25 PM
210 days vetri vizha for sandhaikozhi ? :shock:

"V" for Victory... :yes: :mrgreen:

Pras
27th November 2006, 05:27 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies-events/photos-1/sandakozhi-1/index.html

:huh:

Unicorn
27th November 2006, 07:39 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14338682
Vishal bein compared with the likes of Vijay :cry3:
Vikram-Suryava compare pannurathey otthukka mudiyala :notthatway:
Comparing a 3 film old kid to ppl who've survived @ the very top for over 13 yrs :hammer:

bulb_mani
27th November 2006, 10:57 PM
Comparing a 3 film old kid to ppl who've survived @ the very top for over 13 yrs :hammer:

Next Superstar apadi ellam sila websites sonanga when Sigapadhigaram dint release... :lol:

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 11:04 AM
Sivappathigaaram is super-stupid

'Something needs to be done,' says the screen in a scrawled hand at the end of Karu Palaniappan's Sivappathigaaram. The stupefied audience leaves, wondering what could really be done to salvage the movie.

Vishal, the hero, has just finished uttering a 5 minute soliloquy on reforms about elections that could have been lifted from a Marxist-Leninist underground -- after committing at least four deeds that were termed as the highest form of class struggle by 'the loony left' -- in other words cold-blooded murders.

The last one is committed before millions of people waiting to pray to a Hindu deity on the banks of Vaigai river in Madurai -- just to send shivers down the spine of the political class and defeat their machinations before an election. The said election has been postponed anyway by an imaginary election commissioner who has mastered the art of looking straight at the camera and speaking, as though reading from a teleprompter.

The plot (if it can be called that) revolves around an IAS officer turned professor (Raghuvaran), and his insane urge to correct the political system under the guise of researching Tamil folk songs in an unbelievably idyllic village, assisted by ex-student (Vishal). The effort vanishes into nothingness halfway through the film and after half a dozen songs.

The professor's daughter (Mamta Mohandas) falls for the hero like a ton of bricks before being picked by the police for virtually no offence other than travelling in a train, and going wistful over a few dream sequences. In between these takes, there is a flashback complete with blood and gore in the form of students murdered by an angry politician.

Then, ahem, comes the climax on the Vaigai river, where millions of real Hindu devotees end up being extras.

Vidyasagar has attempted to tune some folk songs seriously but it is evident that he too lost interest in the proceedings, perhaps knowing the futility of it all.

The villainy is provided by Kanja Karuppu and Rajan, but adds more to the misery of the viewers than of the heroes.

Rediff Rating:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 11:07 AM
The last line proves that the reviewer had not seen the movie fully.. Kanja karuppu villanaa ! :lol:

bulb_mani
28th November 2006, 11:09 AM
The last line proves that the reviewer had not seen the movie fully.. Kanja karuppu villanaa ! :lol:

Kanja Karupu Villianu sona apo reviewer thaan comedian pola :lol:

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 11:11 AM

Kanja Karupu Villianu sona apo reviewer thaan comedian pola :lol:

Nope.. except the last line, everything was pretty fine :)

bulb_mani
28th November 2006, 11:12 AM
Apadiya :P

Apo Vishaluku Flopa :oops:

selvakumar
28th November 2006, 11:18 AM
Apadiya :P

Apo Vishaluku Flopa :oops:

Thimiru padamae HIT nnu kuraanga.. so, I think it is pretty decent when compared to thimiru and should become atleast an average grosser :oops:

bulb_mani
28th November 2006, 11:19 AM
thimiru was his home production so posterliye otitanga :P Idhu apadi iliye :?

smith
28th November 2006, 02:22 PM
Sivapadhikaram is a super flop at the B.O

Sanguine Sridhar
28th November 2006, 03:07 PM
ada free-ya vidungappa aanagapatta super star-k baba oothikilaya? :P :twisted:

Thirumaran
28th November 2006, 04:34 PM
Dhoom-2 zooms ahead all over Tamilnadu and Kerala. Its three Hindi and three Tamil prints in Chennai city have netted an awesome Rs 40.5 Lakhs net with a nearly 85 percent of the collections from its Hindi version!

Vishal's Sivapathikaaram carries mixed reports taking 95 percent opening at four big screens (Devi, Abhirami, Agastya and Chandran). Neck to neck, at third position is Maddy's Rendu in two big screens (Sangham &Udayam) and 2 small screens (Shantam- 1 show, Anna-3 shows), which has also done 95 percent in its opening weekend carrying good reports.

At fourth position is Varalaaru which is still doing good business during weekends while at fifth place is Casino Royale whose Tamil version has crashed out.

--- Good Opening for Sivapathigaram :clap: For a young actor like Vishal it is very good indeed :clap:

leosimha
28th November 2006, 04:37 PM

yenna Unicorn...you want Vishaal to be compared with Ajith....:notthatway: :notthatway:....no ways...come on...

Vishaal being compared with Vijay is cent percent correct...coz Vishaal imitates Vijay imitates Rajini....

we can see imitation stars in the making....wow.....

leosimha
28th November 2006, 04:43 PM
Dhoom-2 zooms ahead all over Tamilnadu and Kerala. Its three Hindi and three Tamil prints in Chennai city have netted an awesome Rs 40.5 Lakhs net with a nearly 85 percent of the collections from its Hindi version!

Vishal's Sivapathikaaram carries mixed reports taking 95 percent opening at four big screens (Devi, Abhirami, Agastya and Chandran). Neck to neck, at third position is Maddy's Rendu in two big screens (Sangham &Udayam) and 2 small screens (Shantam- 1 show, Anna-3 shows), which has also done 95 percent in its opening weekend carrying good reports.

At fourth position is Varalaaru which is still doing good business during weekends while at fifth place is Casino Royale whose Tamil version has crashed out.

--- Good Opening for Sivapathigaram :clap: For a young actor like Vishal it is very good indeed :clap:

Very good comedy by Thiru.....Maddy if he has taken an opening...then I can believe...but if you say imitation star has taken an opening then how can we believe.....come on...this sify is crap...they have just copied the 95% opening of Maddy into that crap actor imitation star column thats it....thiru...keep your feet to the ground...

Thirumaran
28th November 2006, 05:04 PM
1. Very good comedy by Thiru.....

2. Maddy if he has taken an opening...then I can believe...

3.but if you say imitation star has taken an opening then how can we believe.....

4.come on...this sify is crap...they have just copied the 95% opening of Maddy into that crap actor imitation star column thats it....

5. thiru...keep your feet to the ground...

1. Is it :lol2:

2. Nice

3. First of all i did not say that. No one was asking you to believe. I know u will believe the news like 40 crore collection in chennai city alone, 10 crore in 2 days kind of things. I had seen myself in Chandran theatre houseful shows for the week end (24 - 26 oct) for First class and Balocony tickets on 24th itself. So i believe on the opening reported here. I know that there is a possiblity of this movie becoming flop as per different reviews. That is a different thing by the way.

4. Every website news are crap at different times. In my opinion though Sify is biased and crap at times, they do some base work in collecting information.

5. Before advising others, u can read the posts u were posting :)
I am not a hardcore fan of Vishal to fly high though i like him as i like many other young stars. Even for anything happening great in my life itself i wont fly high. My feet will be always on the ground only. If u have doubts on this u can check with other hubbers :)

leosimha
28th November 2006, 05:16 PM
1. Is it :lol2:

2. Nice

3. First of all i did not say that. No one was asking you to believe. I know u will believe the news like 40 crore collection in chennai city alone, 10 crore in 2 days kind of things. I had seen myself in Chandran theatre houseful shows for the week end (24 - 26 oct) for First class and Balocony tickets on 24th itself. So i believe on the opening reported here. I know that there is a possiblity of this movie becoming flop as per different reviews. That is a different thing by the way.

4. Every website news are crap at different times. In my opinion though they are biased and crap at times, they do some base work in collecting information.

5. Before advising others, u can read the posts u were posting :)
I am not a hardcore fan of Vishal to fly high though i like him as i like many other young stars. Even for anything happening great in my life itself i wont fly high. My feet will be always on the ground only. If u have doubts on this u can check with other hubbers :)

1. yes you are good at comedy...sorry I can't give you any certificate for this...but only word of mouth will do good for you....

2. yes maddy is nice...a lot better than vichaal...

3. now regarding the 40 crores and 10 crores in 2 days news...I got the news from my distributor friend....so this is true....if you want to know about the opening of Ajith then you will need to wait for aazhwar...then you will know the opening power of ajith....it is unfortunate that you can't go to all centres of TN.....you say you saw it in chandra...how may seater is it....post it...

4. not all websites are crap...galatta comes with solid information....sify is the crappiest of crappy.....a blogger has reported about sify's double standards on their partiality towards some stars....

5. well i post the news from the websites...this doesn't mean that i am flying...I don;t exaggerate...I post only confirmed news....if there is a doubt...then I do reveal that also as a part of my opinion..good to see that your feet well placed on the ground....THANK GOD.....

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Thirumaran
28th November 2006, 05:24 PM
Whatever you said is 500 % truth. :thumbsup:

Be happy :P

leosimha
28th November 2006, 05:32 PM

thank you..thiru...

Thirumaran
28th November 2006, 05:42 PM

thank you..thiru...

welcome :lol2:

Unicorn
28th November 2006, 06:00 PM
looks like Thiru here has found his match :lol2:

bulb_mani
28th November 2006, 11:03 PM
Who knows it might turn out to be a late hit too... :?

Thirumaran
29th November 2006, 09:25 AM
looks like Thiru here has found his match :lol2:

:cry: Nowadays i feel u were extremely reasonable in saying BO statistics :(

smith
29th November 2006, 12:57 PM
Thiru,

U should know 1 thing. Ajith fans will never ever say that their star's film has flopped. Even duds like ji, anajaneya, jana, raja which could barely manage a 2 week run in chennai are hits/superhits for them. They will say that it collected 10 crores/20 crores in 2 days.

If U ask why it did not sustain,they wil say that ajith is only king of opening, not of closing. :-)

Further they will say that he does not pay money to make his films run. (as if other actors do).

Then they will say that U are a vijay fan & mouth expletives.

Don't be surprised if they say that aalwar has been already sold for a price greater than sivaji.

Anyway, they are showing their loyalty & consoling themselves wehenever ajith's films flop (& they do so very regularly).

Nice amusement for the hub.

Ramakrishna
29th November 2006, 12:59 PM
ingayumaa :shock: :oops:

bulb_mani
29th November 2006, 01:13 PM
Thiru,

U should know 1 thing. Ajith fans will never ever say that their star's film has flopped. Even duds like ji, anajaneya, jana, raja which could barely manage a 2 week run in chennai are hits/superhits for them. They will say that it collected 10 crores/20 crores in 2 days.

If U ask why it did not sustain,they wil say that ajith is only king of opening, not of closing. :-)

Further they will say that he does not pay money to make his films run. (as if other actors do).

Don't be surprised if they say that aalwar has been already sold for a price greater than sivaji.

Anyway, they are showing their loyalty & consoling themselves wehenever ajith's films flop (& they do so very regularly).

We dint say that it collected 10 crores in 2 days... reports say it did it... whats the big deal? Your sarcasm cant just downplay anything... in the pretext of being skeptical you are just making a fool out of urself.... :lol:

Time n again i see u posting ineverythread anti-AJITH remarks... which shows no one is listening to you and you keep spamming so hard to grab attention that atleast 1 or 2 reply :lol:

The hub needs amusement of course but doesnt need irritants like you... :arrow:

smith
29th November 2006, 01:38 PM
bulb,
I am not anti ajith. I am only saying that U fans hype everything & claim even his flop films as superhits, while in reality it is not so.

I have not questioned films like vali, villain etc. which were hits.

But then truth is always a bitter pill to swallow.

selvakumar
29th November 2006, 02:03 PM
bulb,
I am not anti ajith. I am only saying that U fans hype everything & claim even his flop films as superhits, while in reality it is not so.
I have not questioned films like vali, villain etc. which were hits.
But then truth is always a bitter pill to swallow.

Dude.. There are fans who are in both the extremes. Based on reports alone, fans react to them. That is the power of media. Whether they write the truth or something else is upto the receiver. For that reason, I have already told you about my /our stand on the collections and said that Varalaar is a blockbuster on its way (with my collections analysis) :)
We are not yet getting the point what made you to say like this. 8-)

rockydeva
29th November 2006, 02:06 PM
Thiru,

We dint say that it collected 10 crores in 2 days... reports say it did it... whats the big deal? Your sarcasm cant just downplay anything... in the pretext of being skeptical you are just making a fool out of urself.... :lol:

Time n again i see u posting ineverythread anti-AJITH remarks... which shows no one is listening to you and you keep spamming so hard to grab attention that atleast 1 or 2 reply :lol:

The hub needs amusement of course but doesnt need irritants like you... :arrow:

One thing we have to accept mani ,Sivapathigaram really gets good opening,But if it able to sustain thats the doubt,Report says that this movie is not compared with previous 3 movies of VISHAL,

But say some social message

rockydeva
29th November 2006, 02:14 PM
sivapathigaram tha super - stupid by REDIFF

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/27siva.htm

leosimha
29th November 2006, 02:44 PM
sivapathigaram tha super - stupid by REDIFF

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/27siva.htm

rediff gives reasonably good review these days....rediff is not biased at all...

Hulkster
29th November 2006, 02:55 PM
What is with the sudden thrashing of sivappathigaram?

The movie is certainly very well scritped..karu palanippan manages to give another dimension to the one man against evil story but his screenplay is quite lagging...Vishal has given a brilliant angry young man role which he is renowned for and its pleasing to see raghuvaran back..he has the same vigour as last time.

To me the songs are the one that make the movie look more classier...and better they make sense with the storyline instead of being some duets or songs just giving the film a interval :2thumbsup:

I see alot of bad vibes or vishal hatred around here..for those who dunt like vishal or his movies..please do not comment unnecessarily here...whether or not sivappathigaram is a hit...it is certainly a refreshing and good movie...in fact even better scripted then the usual one man against evil movies. :D

leosimha
29th November 2006, 03:22 PM
hulk....is this movie really good....my friends saw it and were saying this movie is boring....

Hulkster
29th November 2006, 03:24 PM
It is...as i said the screenplay was very lagging..which made the film seem boring..it depends whether your friends judge movies by the pace of their screenplay or the whole product. :D

cancer
29th November 2006, 03:29 PM
Hulk nothing is spl in the movie,
Ya anger Vishal done good job as he did for his earlier 2 movies, atleast there should be some differnt way of Murdering those politicians..

leosimha
29th November 2006, 03:30 PM
for me whenever i hear about student politics...i remeber about our Ji's movie Ji.....hope this movie is not on the lines of Ji....

Hulkster
29th November 2006, 03:30 PM
The actual difference is in the main part of the storyline..the flashback...and the way the movie starts....other than that its pretty routine stuff...but very well scripted..:D

leosimha
29th November 2006, 03:31 PM
Karu Palaniappan's Paarthiban Kanavu was a classical....simply superb....

Hulkster
29th November 2006, 03:35 PM
Nope..Ji focusses one man's revenge against a politician and ventures to kill him...in the midst they focus between his flashback and then his present life...sivappathigaram is totally different....there are two characters in the revenge and the cause for their revenge is different as well...and the whole screenplay is different from Ji except for the student politics part...which again is abit different as Ji was ajith being thrown off due to the chairman being MP's son while this is politicians threatening the chairman(vishal) due to him opposing the politician's reputation in a way :D

leosimha
29th November 2006, 03:37 PM
Nope..Ji focusses one man's revenge against a politician and ventures to kill him...in the midst they focus between his flashback and then his present life...sivappathigaram is totally different....there are two characters in the revenge and the cause for their revenge is different as well...and the whole screenplay is different from Ji except for the student politics part...which again is abit different as Ji was ajith being thrown off due to the chairman being MP's son while this is politicians threatening the chairman(vishal) due to him opposing the politician's reputation in a way :D

well...its all old wine in new bottle...stuff....they have changed Ji script and added some extra fiiting with 2 revenges...etc etc...hmm...let me see the movie on the cd...

Hulkster
29th November 2006, 03:39 PM
Its not ji script at all....ji's version of student politics and the entire script is different from sivappathigaram....sivappathigaram's student politics idea is more related to a college which actually practises that..:D

leosimha
29th November 2006, 03:59 PM
Its not ji script at all....ji's version of student politics and the entire script is different from sivappathigaram....sivappathigaram's student politics idea is more related to a college which actually practises that..:D

okay let me see it first....:D

MADDY
29th November 2006, 05:06 PM

yaen, indha veen risk-ellam??? :shaking:

leosimha
29th November 2006, 05:09 PM

i will rent out a cd for 10 rs.....vishaal padam yevanaavadhu theatrele poyi paapangalaa....:D

Ramakrishna
29th November 2006, 05:10 PM

i will rent out a cd for 10 rs.....vishaal padam yevanaavadhu theatrele poyi paapangalaa....:D

Superstar padatha theatrela thaan paakkanum. Theatre ponga

bulb_mani
30th November 2006, 03:23 PM
Sivapathigaram, the first flop for Vishal – an analysis
Nov 30, 2006

The movie that raised the bar – atleast for the producer and the hero if not for the fans – at the box-office turned out to be a greatest fiasco within a week of its release. Vishal could not recreate his magic with Sivapathigaram. If initial reports are anything to go by, then take our words for it. Sivapathigaram has failed to match the expectations it generated among Vishal fans.

Though pre-release talks were much

in favor of the movie and the opening collections for the first couple of days were pretty good, the cash flow started plummeting right after. The word of mouth phenomenon seemed to have done no good to the publicity of the movie.

The lesson learnt – hard way

Vishal surely have had learnt a lesson or two from the movie. Too much of bloodletting, social reformation, and image building will get him nowhere. Has he had no time to look back at some of the similar disasters encountered by his folks? Vishal seemed to have exactly committed the same sin. Success creates magic and not vice versa which is another lesson for Vishal to learn.

The target seemed to be youngsters, which is fine if the subject had been handled rather subtly. Prominence to action sequences did not only tee off the family audiences, but it backfired turning off the young audiences as well. Audiences proved that is no longer amusing to watch their lanky hero countering a dozen villains onscreen and come off unhurt. Come on folks, be realistic.

Is this too much of action for Vishal? With two back-to-back action movies – hits they were though – Vishal resorted to the action scenario again. Well action is surely a piece of cake for the young actor. But how long can the audience stand action? Can only gory sequences coupled with few duets work wonders at the box office? Well, think again.

The failure of shaping up the script to befit into the commercial movie genre and the lack of novel approach for the old-wine-in-the-new-bottle story can be quoted as another reason for the dismal outcome of the movie. It is time for Vishal to understand that action is a two edged knife – it hurts both ways if not handled watchfully.

Songs

Did Vidyasagar predict the movie to bomb at the box office? Looks like he did. No songs made it to the charts even within the ten places. There are examples of run of the mill movies in Tamil managing to reap success at the box office - credit to their hit songs. Regrettably Sivapathigaram did not fall into that category either.

What next?

Is Vishal’s upcoming Thamiraparani an action venture too? If it is, Vishal needs to think it over. We are sure he would to avoid from being tagged as a three-film wonder. He sure does not want that to happen anyway.

Theatre reports

In Chennai city many theaters reported poor audience turnout and even break of shows. The movie – as opposed to the huge expectations it raised – unexpectedly is turning out to be a flop showcasing miserable performance at the box office as opposed to other movies of Vishal.

Sivappu – Athigaram

Does the title symbolically say anything that Vishal should forbid action ventures in the future?

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-06-05/30-11-06-vishal.html

bulb_mani
30th November 2006, 04:48 PM
Karu Palaniappan's Paarthiban Kanavu was a classical....simply superb....

What you found classical in it? It was like 1960s story :?

Sorry LEO but in my opinion the movie was a big :fatigue: