PDA

View Full Version : DHOOM 2 - HRITHIK ROSHAN, ASH, LIL B, UDAY, & BIPS.

Surya
13th August 2006, 03:05 AM
Probably one of THE MOST anticipated movies in recent times...

This thread is to discuss things about it...

Surya
13th August 2006, 03:06 AM
[tscii:52263ad51d]Hrithik-Ash Super Hot in Dhoom 2 Promo
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Saturday, August 12, 2006]

It was rush-of-blood as the whole auditorium huddled together to watch Karan Johar’s magnum opus ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’ in a suburban multiplex in Mumbai. The popcorns were ripe-with-rich-smell and the colas were cool-with-anticipation (In spite of the hullabaloo surrounding the pesticides in the cola drinks multiplex economy heavily depends on the sales of these beverages). Right before the 22 reel largely mounted KANK was about to start, there was a pleasant surprise in the form of a taut trailer of Sanjay Gadhvi’s ‘Dhoom 2’.

I must say Hrithik Roshan looks Uber Cool. And even though I am not a big fan of Aishwarya Rai, this Miss World is looking a Super Hot Babe in this Aditya Chopra lavishly produced style flick. She has worn delectable mini skirts and her sinuous curves are worth a million Sighs-n-Aahs. The other body to die-for layered along with her is that of Hrithik Roshan. This trendy hair cut adorned delicious-stud surrounded by state-of-the-art gizmos, masterminds the ultimate crimes with a vicious-smile-on-his-face. Bipasha, Abhishek and Uday are looking their part. But if the promos are anything to go by then, it’s a Hrithik-Ash film all the way, even though they are playing negative characters.

IndiaGlitz says: What great timing to release the promos of one of the most eagerly sought after film. Hats off to Yashraj![/tscii:52263ad51d]

Surya
13th August 2006, 03:07 AM
http://img.indiaglitz.com/hindi/wallpaper/MOVIES/dhoom2/dhoomr220706_800_1.jpg

Awesome pic! 8-)

Unicorn
13th August 2006, 11:22 AM
Don will hunt D2 :cool:

imsai
13th August 2006, 06:52 PM
It seems like D2 will shoot down Don :bluejump:

m_23_bayarea
14th August 2006, 07:41 AM
Both DHOOM-2 and DON will become blockbusters ... I saw the trailers when I watched KANK, and they both ROCK !!! I heard they both are releasing this Diwali !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ajithfederer
14th August 2006, 11:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CkqrA1TSIg&mode=related&search=

Surya
15th August 2006, 12:47 AM
The Trailor look AWESOME!!! :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :D :D

Navin, :rotfl:

Lets see what does better! Obviously both will do well, but lets see what does better! 8-)

kannannn
15th August 2006, 02:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CkqrA1TSIg&mode=related&search=
Thanks ajithfederer, for the clip. :D Contrary to my expectations, I ended up liking Dhoom-I. It was a perfect date movie. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually liked the way Uday Chopra carried off his character. Sequels usually don't work, but I hope the Dhoom team delivers another fun ride.

Surya
16th August 2006, 01:57 AM
equels usually don't work, but I hope the Dhoom team delivers another fun ride.

that might be changing in bollywood. :D Krrish was awesome! 8-)

Sandeep
16th August 2006, 08:21 AM
With Krrish's success and Dhoom II coming rediff has ranked Hristhik over even SRK.

SRK "seems" to have failed in KANK (even those who liked the movie say SRK was horrible) so Don's successes is a must for him.

Unicorn
16th August 2006, 11:27 AM
The same was the projection when KNPH became a blockbuster while contemporary Hey Raam,josh,PBDHH and even Mohabattein dint do as well.. :hammer:
And yet again when KMG performed better than contemporary Chalte Chalte :oops:
But the release of Devdas and Veer Zaara sent the critics packing .
Don wil do the same :cool:

With Krrish's success and Dhoom II coming rediff has ranked Hristhik over even SRK.

SRK "seems" to have failed in KANK (even those who liked the movie say SRK was horrible) so Don's successes is a must for him.

Sandeep
16th August 2006, 12:52 PM
Yes I remember Devdas was said to be Do or Die for SRK.

m_23_bayarea
17th August 2006, 12:07 AM
Yes I remember Devdas was said to be Do or Die for SRK.

Oh Really !! I thought he had the biggest hit of 2001 in K3G ... Dint Devdas come in 2002 ??? Why was it do or die ?? :? :?

Sandeep
17th August 2006, 07:03 AM
After KKHH (1998) became hit he didnt have a solo hit. 4 years and only one super hit which also was not his solo.

Baadshah
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
Hey Ram
Josh
Mohabbatein
One 2 Ka 4
Asoka
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham - Super Hit but not solo
Devdas (2002) - Super hit and solo
followed by Chalte Chalte and SRK was back on Top.

Coupled with the failures of these movies, his statements promoting himself as the best and his long hiatus due to back problems, it seemed that his career was over.

m_23_bayarea
17th August 2006, 07:13 AM
After KKHH (1998) became hit he didnt have a solo hit. 4 years and only two hits which also where not his solo.

Baadshah
Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani
Hey Ram
Josh
Mohabbatein - Hit but not solo
One 2 Ka 4
Asoka
Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham - Super Hit but not solo
Devdas (2002) - Super hit and solo

Coupled with the failures of these movies, his statements promoting himself as the best and his long hiatus due to back problems, it seemed that his career was over.

Yo're talkin abt SOLO hit !!! I think you mean to say that other actors shared the reason for victory for those movies right ?? But I think if you replace SRK in all those movies with some other actor, the magnitude of hits will NOT be the same !!! Simply cos, SRK needs other actors to complement the cast, but not to win !! He himself is good enough ... :thumbsup:

Agreed, Baadshah, Duplicate, etc were flops ... But they were CRAPPY movies, and no way would they win !!! ASHOKA was an unfortunate thing though !!! :thumbsup:

Sandeep
17th August 2006, 07:28 AM
But I think if you replace SRK in all those movies with some other actor, the magnitude of hits will NOT be the same !!!

They may not have been hits even.

Simply cos, SRK needs other actors to complement the cast, but not to win !!

Hey come on. Hrithik and BigB where not supporting cast, they playes equally important roles and contributed equally to the success.

He himself is good enough ... :thumbsup:

As I said between KKHH(1998) and Devdas (2002) it seemed the otherway. But Devdas and Chalte Chalte proved your statement right. :)

m_23_bayarea
17th August 2006, 07:37 AM
I like the way you answer !! Very COURTEOUS !!! :thumbsup:

But I still think that SRK does NOT need other ppl to make his movie a success ... Look at MAIN HOON NAA for example ... The movie was a crappy masala ... Went on to become such a big hit !!! It shattered a highly expected movie in YUVA to pieces in the summer of 2004 ... Why ??? Cos, SRK has his image, and he wins !!! He makes a movie complete ... BAGHBAN has Amitabh, Salman, and a similar story to K3G ... What was the magnitude of hit at the BO ?? :P :P

Sandeep
17th August 2006, 07:46 AM
Agree with you SRK can succeed on his own.

But he needs to prove that again now because after Veer-Zaara and MHN (both 2004) now its time for him to give a solo and Don is his chance.

m_23_bayarea
17th August 2006, 07:48 AM
Agree with you SRK can succeed on his own.

But he needs to prove that again now because after Veer-Zaara and MHN (both 2004) now its time for him to give a solo and Don is his chance.

YESS !!! DON - The Chase Begins Again !!

SRK proves again !!! :lol:

Surya
26th August 2006, 01:25 AM
The Sucess Of KRRISH has prolly hyped up DHOOM II a lot right?

http://www.hrithikrules.com/imgs/krrishposter.jpg :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

romio
26th August 2006, 01:40 PM
After Mega Blockbuster KRISH Indian Super Hero Hrithik Roshan is back in action

Check out Dhoom 2 Trailor first on net

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkHdId04Fs

And Abhishek /Ashwarya for his company i am sure this movie going to rock

Dhoom machale Dhoom machale Dhoom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEkHdId04Fs

Available for direct download here
http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/hindi/dhoom-2-exclusive-trailer-for-download/

(Friends watch it with full volume Dedicating this Trailor to HrithikFan Surya) 8-)
Who is in bikini :P ashwarya or bipasha confused
:frightened:

Surya
29th August 2006, 12:47 AM
:lol:

Thanks Romio Machi!! :D :D

BTW: Ganesh CHathurthi Wishes!!! :D :D :D :clap: :D

romio
29th August 2006, 08:48 AM
thank u Wish u a very happy Ganesh Chaturthi :)

SRS
9th September 2006, 04:56 AM
Why was Esha Deol not chosen for Dhoom 2?

Surya
9th September 2006, 05:02 AM
I was wondering the same thing too...She kicked ass in the first one. :2thumbsup: Strange, I think Bips might be replacing her charecter...:roll:

SRS
9th September 2006, 11:35 PM
Yes, Esha is great! Can't believe Bips would be chosen over Esha, especially after "Omkaara" disaster. The movie will be a hit because of Aish/Abhi/Hrithik, but it won't give a career boost to Bips. 8-)

Surya
9th September 2006, 11:56 PM
I feel for bips. Wasn't Corporate a washout also? I liked it though. 8-)

SRS
11th September 2006, 05:48 AM
Personally, I wish she would just fade away like Mallika Sherawat and Priyanka. And take that Iranian bf of her's with her.... although as things r looking, he is here to stay for quite a while.

Surya
11th September 2006, 11:58 PM
Iranian BF? I had no idea she had an iranian BF..he's acting? :?

Quite glad taht Mallika Sherawat is a goner! Didn't like her very much either. 8-)

SRS
12th September 2006, 05:20 AM
John Abraham. He is half-Iranian/half-Indian. You didn't know? 8-)

Surya
12th September 2006, 06:49 AM
:o Had no idea! I thought he was all indian!

Iranian as in Indian Pharsi or Actual Iranian?

SRS
12th September 2006, 07:08 PM
From Iran itself.

Surya
12th September 2006, 11:21 PM
Man...Had no idea. :shock: He's not really that great of an actor either..:roll: I kinda liked him in Taxi No 9011, but that's about it. I thought he could've done better in Dhoom. *proly got the number wrong.* :P

imsai
24th September 2006, 10:19 AM
The trailer was :clap:

imsai
5th October 2006, 11:19 AM
[tscii:bd1b7a798e]1200 Prints of Dhoom 2
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, October 04, 2006]

Aditya Chopra surely does things in style. He may be a media recluse but he manages to create a lot of curiosity around all his products. It is being said that he has shot a sweltering hot promotional video for his next style flick ‘Dhoom2’ with Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai. This video will be played on all the television channels for the publicity campaign.

It is also being said that Yashraj Films will be releasing an unheard of 1200 prints of the movie which is releasing in the third week of November. It goes without saying that it will be the biggest release ever of a Bollywood flick yet.

Hrithik rocks :thumbsup:[/tscii:bd1b7a798e]

Unicorn
5th October 2006, 06:29 PM
Biggest flopu ever :cool2:
Don will kick and humiliate D2 :clap:
Hrithick is spendin sleepless nights after watchin the promos :cry2:

selvakumar
5th October 2006, 06:32 PM

Not only Hrithick, those who watched DON trailor (including me) are spending sleepless nights with "enna kodumai saravanan idu" :cry2: :cry: :cry:

selvakumar
5th October 2006, 06:52 PM

:rotfl: You are saying this even after watching DON trailor ! :shock: :lol:
:clap: @ your boldness :rotfl:

imsai
5th October 2006, 07:50 PM

DON :rotfl: Ur ppl always remake all the craps :cry:

In fact, Hrithik is spending sleepless nights after watching DON promo :rotfl:
Plz SRK him to use some make-ups.. including lipsticks. It's better to put a pony tile. He'd look good.

SRK paavam. epidi irunthavar ipidi aagitaar. :cry:

KANK was just average. Krish was a blockbuster. And KANK with that mega star cast could not outdo Krish :cry:

Amirr and Hrithik are back and have humuliated SRK.

After DhoomII pulverising DON, we can proudly say Abishek has humuliated SRK.

Hopefully Bibasha does not start repeating it :rotfl:

selvakumar
5th October 2006, 08:47 PM

This is the ultimate :rotfl: :thumbsup: :rotfl: :D :P

romio
5th October 2006, 10:23 PM
Hrithik Roshan is simply perfect

Hrithik Roshan is also called Mr. Perfect of the bollywood, before acting in a movie Hrithik Roshan makes his apperance to suit the role in the movie. He is always looking for different and challenging role. As for Krrish Hrithik has gained some weight to suit his character , and now Aditya Chopra has insisted to loose some weight to suit the character of an international robber and he has done it as well.His best appearances are militant in Fiza, a soldier in Lakshay, a super hero in Krrish and a mentally retarded guy in Koi Mil Gaya. He has proved that he can fit himself in any role, he prepares a lot for a project and he makes himself perfect for his role everytime. Thats why he is also called Mr. Perfect.

Hrithik Roshan is playing as Aryan Singh or Mr. A in Yash Raj Films Dhoom2.The director of the movie is Sanjay Gadhavi, he is working for the very first time with Hrithik Roshan and is very happy with Hrithik's performance. Hrithik Roshan can be seen in the movie in playing various sports like roller - blading, sky diving, sand boarding etc. Hrithik Roshan is a millionare in the movie and he deals in drugs. Hrithik Roshan is playing the role of John Abraham of Dhoom 2004, he has got his face changed through plastic surgery. The main attraction of the movie is Hrithik's performance , the gadgets used and the direction.

8-)

romio
5th October 2006, 10:26 PM
24th November Big Day for Yash Raj Films

Dhoom2 is a coming up blockbuster and is going to release on 24th November 2006. Dhoom2 is the Part II of the 2004 blockbuster Dhoom. Sanjay Gadhavi is the directing the movie Dhoom2 under the Yash Raj films banner. Dhoom2 is much awaited among Indian viewers. Hrithik Roshan is the main attraction of the movie, this time Hrithik Roshan is playing the role of the instead of John Abrahm in Dhoom 2004.

The story of the movie is based on a diamond robbery. Hrtihik Roshan is modern guy in the movie and he uses all best possible gadgets in the movie. Aishwarya Rai is playing the role of Hrithik's wife and she assists Hrithik Roshan in the robbery. The other main stars of the movie are Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra and Bipasha Basu.

:P

imsai
5th October 2006, 11:27 PM
he is working for the very first time with Hrithik Roshan and is very happy with Hrithik's performance. Hrithik Roshan can be seen in the movie in playing various sports like roller - blading, sky diving, sand boarding etc.

He's awesome :cool2:

kb
7th October 2006, 11:49 PM
dhoom2 songs on october 19th

m_23_bayarea
7th October 2006, 11:54 PM
One of the biggest starcasts recently seen !!

Hrithik and Ash and AB and Bips ...

etc etc .... Man, this movie should rock !! If DHOOM I could become such a big hit with little or no expectations at all, just imagine this one !! :thumbsup:

Surya
8th October 2006, 12:01 AM
Selva,
:lol: :exactly:

DON :rotfl: Ur ppl always remake all the craps :cry:

In fact, Hrithik is spending sleepless nights after watching DON promo :rotfl:
Plz SRK him to use some make-ups.. including lipsticks. It's better to put a pony tile. He'd look good.

SRK paavam. epidi irunthavar ipidi aagitaar. :cry:

KANK was just average. Krish was a blockbuster. And KANK with that mega star cast could not outdo Krish :cry:

Amirr and Hrithik are back and have humuliated SRK.

After DhoomII pulverising DON, we can proudly say Abishek has humuliated SRK.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: IMSAI!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Romio,
8-) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bay,
I can't wait either!!! :D :D

Surya
10th October 2006, 04:05 AM
DHOOM II AUDIO ALBUM:

The film has six songs composed by Pritam:

* Crazy Kiya Re - Sunidhi Chauhan

* Touch Me - Kay Kay & Alisha Chinai

* My Name Is Ali - Sonu Nigam & Bipasha Basu

* Dil Laga Na - Sukhbir, Soham Chakraborty, Jolly Mukherjee, Mahalaxmi Iyer & Suzanne D'Mello

* Crazy Remix - Sunidhi Chauhan

* Dhoom Again - Vishal Dadlani & Dominique Cerejo

The audio of the film will be released worldwide on October 19, 2006 by Yash Raj Music.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let's see if DHOOM II Audio Sales beats DON. 8-)

Surya
10th October 2006, 05:20 AM
[tscii:069939c52f]A[/tscii:069939c52f]SH's STUNTS IN DHOOM II! :shock:

Mumbai: Despite her fragile appearance, actress Aishwarya Rai has performed bold daredevil stunts in the new action thriller Dhoom 2, movie's director, Sanjay Gadhvi said.

He told a newspaper that Rai trained for months for the action sequences in Dhoom 2.

A former Miss World, Rai has acted in more than 30 movies. In her most recent film, she played a woman who kills her husband after 10 years of abuse.

Gadhvi did not give details about the stunts in Dhoom 2 and the plot of the movie, a fast-paced film about cops and robbers, which has been kept under wraps.

“Ash has a lot of guts. She has done some awesome stunts in the film. She did power yoga for two months and has a perfectly toned body,” Gadhvi said.

The movie, which was filmed in Namibia, South Africa and India also stars Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan and Bipasha Basu.

Gadhvi described the movie, to be released later this year, as “bigger, better” and “faster and more furious” than the original Dhoom.

kb
17th October 2006, 10:15 PM
[tscii:46caab6b3b]SRK to play bad guy in DHOOOOOOOM III :shock:

Shahrukh makes ‘bad’ look ‘cool’. I’ve been saying it ever since ‘Don’ promos hit the air. Now, ‘Don’ is about to unveil his no-holds-barred villainous act soon but there’s more good news for SRK fans. According to a well placed source, King Khan will be essaying the bad-guy role in ‘Dhoom 3’. Bollywood is really getting confident when it comes to sequels it seems. For even before the release of ‘Dhoom 2’ the plans are already underway for ‘Dhoom 3’.

Another interesting bit of news is regarding Rishi and Neetu Kapoor’s hot looking son Ranbir Kapoor. He is currently wrapping up his debut venture in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s ‘Saawariya’ but his performance level has impressed the Yashraj banner so much that they’ve signed a three film contract with the Kapoor scion. And one of these films will be ‘Dhoom 3’. And no, Sanjay Gadhvi won’t be directing it.

It seems a lot of Dhoom is in store for all you guys out there….There’s always Vvvvrrrooooommm…For more excitement. Right! 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) [/tscii:46caab6b3b]

Surya
17th October 2006, 10:16 PM
YEAH!!! :thumbsup: 8-)

m_23_bayarea
17th October 2006, 10:50 PM
[tscii:f86320bddd]SRK to play bad guy in DHOOOOOOOM III :shock:

[/tscii:f86320bddd]

I think Shahrukh has been imposed to a LOT OF CRITICISMS on being stereotypical on his roles, and that he lacks verstatily, especially when it comes to ACTION movies !! Sounds like he's heard the voice now !! Cant wait to see DHOOM III !!! :D :D :D

Surya
18th October 2006, 12:28 AM
[tscii:3fb06f816a]SRK to play bad guy in DHOOOOOOOM III :shock:

[/tscii:3fb06f816a]

I think Shahrukh has been imposed to a LOT OF CRITICISMS on being stereotypical on his roles, and that he lacks verstatily, especially when it comes to ACTION movies !! Sounds like he's heard the voice now !! Cant wait to see DHOOM III !!! :D :D :D

I can't even wait for Dhoom II...when is D3 coming out? :?

m_23_bayarea
18th October 2006, 12:45 AM
[tscii:0b6954070e]SRK to play bad guy in DHOOOOOOOM III :shock:

[/tscii:0b6954070e]

I can't even wait for Dhoom II...when is D3 coming out? :?

No idea dude !! Let's wait till DHOOM II rocks first !!! And then, we'll move on !! :D :D

Surya
18th October 2006, 02:25 AM
:thumbsup: HELL YEAH!! 8-)

imsai
18th October 2006, 04:51 AM
cool news.. but john abraham paavam :cry:

m_23_bayarea
20th October 2006, 05:49 AM
Shahrukh Khan in DHOOM 3?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bollywood Trade News Network
http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/06/oct/17_shah_rukh_khan_dhoom-3_aditya_chopra.asp

Aditya Chopra's DHOOM 2 hasn't even released and there's already a buzz that Shahrukh Khan has been roped in for DHOOM 3. As per reports in a daily, SRK will essay a villainous role in DHOOM 3 and this is enough to put the rumours of SRK's purported tiff with Chopras to rest.

DHOOM 2 will see Aishwarya Rai, Bipasha Basu and Hrithik Roshan in a different light. Hrithik's negative character and 15 different get ups became the talk of the town. Moreover, Aishwarya and Bipasha's bikini acts aroused curiosity galore.

Coming back to DHOOM 3, the film apparently has SRK in a negative role. If the reports are to be believed, Rishi Kapoor's son Ranbir Kapoor and Anil Kapoor's daughter Sonam have also been signed for DHOOM 3. There is also a buzz that Yash Raj has signed Ranbir for 3 films already. Adiya Chopra seems very impressed by the Ranbir-Sonam duo it seems. Sanjay Leela Bhansali's SAANWARIYA will mark their debut film.
__________________________________________________ ___

:bluejump: :boo: :redjump:

kb
20th October 2006, 10:45 AM
songs are out.. did anyone hear it :D

kb
20th October 2006, 10:00 PM
final scenes which were cut from dhoom 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FiiHRKjoHo

Surya
21st October 2006, 12:50 AM
songs are out.. did anyone hear it :D

Not out on the net yet. :cry:

kb
21st October 2006, 12:52 AM
check the dhoom2 orkut communities..

songs rocks.. though theme song is not as impressive as first one.. but after few listenings is awsome..

waiting for hrithick to rock

Surya
21st October 2006, 01:12 AM
:redjump: :2thumbsup:

Thanks for the info on orkut comms.

Surya
21st October 2006, 03:42 AM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/9263/dhoom2siggidarker2dj3.jpg
Cool Pic! 8-)

Also u can find the mp3z @ apkamp3.com (courtesy of KB and orkut :D )

Surya
21st October 2006, 03:46 AM
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k105/cool_hitu2121/Siggi/dhoom2.jpg

Awesome PIC!! :redjump:

Surya
21st October 2006, 04:40 AM
:omg: The Dhoom Again Song ROCKS!!!!! :D :D :D

DHOOM MACHALE-DHOOM MACHALE-DHOOM MACHALE-DHOOM MACHALE DHOOM!!! :redjump: (Background music when the sing that just makes you wanna sing along & start dancin you freggin head off!!) :boo:

m_23_bayarea
21st October 2006, 05:41 AM
The pics ROCKKKKK !!! The movie's gonna KICKASSS !!!! All cos of one guy .... Hrithik !!! THE MAN !!

Surya
21st October 2006, 01:30 PM
:thumbsup:

bay,
Have u d'loaded the songs yet? Man..They're EXCELLENT!!!! 8-)

http://image1.indiaglitz.com/hindi/wallpaper/MOVIES/dhoom2/Dhoom171006_1024_3.jpg

What a wallpaper?! 8-)

Unicorn
21st October 2006, 04:10 PM
Songs are :oops:
Dhhom 2 will flop :cool2:

m_23_bayarea
22nd October 2006, 01:20 AM

Looks like Navin wants to have a DISCUSSION here !! :lol: :P

Surya
22nd October 2006, 07:50 AM

Just be happy that DON didn't release alongside with DHOOM II! :lol:

Wow think about the massacre of don. :oops:

Unicorn
22nd October 2006, 11:29 AM
Good Joke :thumbsup:
don is already makin history :cool2:

Songs are :oops:]

Just be happy that DON didn't release alongside with DHOOM II! :lol:

Wow think about the massacre of don. :oops:

Surya
22nd October 2006, 12:03 PM
An Even Bigger JOKE!! :2thumbsup: Please provide links!!! :twisted: and we'll see if the records are good enough for it to beat DHOOM II! :yes:

Unicorn
22nd October 2006, 12:14 PM
:rotfl: kid...Dont ever compare the BO credentials of SRK n Hrithikku..
Hes dust in front of the King :cool:

An Even Bigger JOKE!! :2thumbsup: Please provide links!!! :twisted: and we'll see if the records are good enough for it to beat DHOOM II! :yes:

Surya
22nd October 2006, 01:34 PM
:rotfl: half ticket,

so in other words u don't have any links to prove ur point yet! :lol: So :shhh: about don vs dhoom II until you do.

Take a look @ what's going on now....
Hrithik's last solo KRRISH was the one of the biggest hits of the year. 8-)

SRK's :huh: :oops: Paheli...:lol2:

Although I do hope don does well..the trailor looked awesome....

i just think that D2 can surpass it. 8-)

Unicorn
22nd October 2006, 03:03 PM
Paheli was Indias ticket to the oscars last year :cool: And u cant expect films like Paheli to do well here :huh:
Krrish is Hrithik once in a blue moon.
Dhoom wasnt gr8 stuff.Jus slick presentation and gr8 photography.Worked well jus bcoz of the production and marketing strategy of Yash Raj Films combined with glitz,glamour,peppy nos and sheer style.
I dont think D2 will work :cool:
Sanjay Ghandvi isnt a gr8 director.His earlier works were pathetic.Dhoom was a simple linear script without any gr8 twists or turns.But since Aditya is handling the script Im sure itll be somethin much more interestin and complicated.Such a script requires perfect execution :cool: .Hope Sanjay does it OK.
And copy cat Pritams work is mediocre stuff(certainly doesnt matches likes of Gangster).I think hes tried somethin on his own :rotfl:
Anyway..hope the movie does well :thumbsup: atleast for Adityas sake :wink:

:rotfl: half ticket,

so in other words u don't have any links to prove ur point yet! :lol: So :shhh: about don vs dhoom II until you do.

Take a look @ what's going on now....
Hrithik's last solo KRRISH was the one of the biggest hits of the year. 8-)

SRK's :huh: :oops: Paheli...:lol2:

Although I do hope don does well..the trailor looked awesome....

i just think that D2 can surpass it. 8-)

Unicorn
22nd October 2006, 03:16 PM
Well some similarities between the storylines of Don and Dhoom 2.
Both are Cat n mouse type of stories.
Villains of both are the main highlight.
Both are high tech criminals.
Don starts with Don doin a mission in Paris.
D2 will start with Mr A robbin a crown in Namib desert.
Script alternates between India and Malaysia in Don.In D2 itll be India and Brazil.
Both Priyanka and Ash are action heroines :oops:
Both have appeared in a bikini sequence :oops: :oops:

Surya
22nd October 2006, 10:38 PM
I liked dhoom II sngs better than DON...:yes:

I still think that dhoom 2 will beat don inspite of all the similarities...:exactly: 8-)

m_23_bayarea
23rd October 2006, 05:44 AM
Well some similarities between the storylines of Don and Dhoom 2.
Both are Cat n mouse type of stories.
Villains of both are the main highlight.
Both are high tech criminals.
Don starts with Don doin a mission in Paris.
D2 will start with Mr A robbin a crown in Namib desert.
Script alternates between India and Malaysia in Don.In D2 itll be India and Brazil.
Both Priyanka and Ash are action heroines :oops:
Both have appeared in a bikini sequence :oops: :oops:

You missed out just ONE similarity !!

BOTH ARE BLOCKBUSTERS !!

great
23rd October 2006, 07:46 AM

:notthatway: DON songs are better than D:2 .

Unicorn
23rd October 2006, 09:59 AM
:exactly: and the picturisation rocks :thumbsup:

:notthatway: DON songs are better than D:2 .

Surya
24th October 2006, 01:03 AM
Tastes differ..I didn't like DON songs on first hearing...I liked DHOOM II songs on first hearing. 8-)

kb
24th October 2006, 04:36 AM
Dhoom 2 - The world is not enough
Exclusive by Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Monday, October 23, 2006]

'Chor Police' theme has always enthralled a cinegoer. And if it is presented in style, then sky is the limit for a film to be popular. 'Dhoom' was the film that began it all. And since then hi-fi action films combined with great music, stylish visuals and funky sound designs have resulted in true blue masala entertainers. Hence it doesn't come as a surprise when second in the series, 'Dhoom 2' [directed again by Sanjay Gadhvi], arrives with an additional punch and has all this while been touted as the MOST AWAITED film of 2006.

ACP Jai Dixit [Abhishek Bachchan] is not a man who rests. Especially when it comes to keeping the crime at bay. Based out of Mumbai, he has only one mission in life - kill crime rather than criminals. And in this endeavor of this, he is supported by Ali [Udya Chopra].

Ali???? Yes, you read it right!

The same young man who was a thorn in his flesh till just a few years ago, he is now a part and parcel of his life as he has graduated from being a garage owner to a cop. How? Well his dare devilry and wise moves were major contributors in the last case solved by Jai. Though Ali is still a little goofy and a lot more funny, he knows when to make his best moves - well, when it comes to women! Ever flirtatious and looking for that one girl who could make his 'mummy' be happy; he is full of life and keep it simple. And yes, his love for his yellow bike still hasn't diminished.

Joining the two is a sexy, smart, beautiful, energetic, dare devil, hardworking and intelligent female. All such traits rolled into one? Well, yes that's the reality of Shonali Bose, who was once a college mate of Jai and is now his colleague. A no-nonsense ACP who believes in eradicating criminals with a belief that this would itself help erase crimes, she may have a difference of opinion and working style with Jai, but together they are a force! With specialization in sharp shooting, she is a part of a team that is en route to solve the biggest ever case of their lives!

So what is it that leads Jai, Ali and Shonali to a common mission?

A BIGGEST ever heist that has never been witnessed in the crime world!!

Place: Namib desert [Namibia]
Scenario: A barren land that was intersected only by a solitary railway line
Situation: A train carrying a royal family which possesses a centuries old Royal Crown

And what happens next? From the sky, an incident happens in a flash and the Crown is gone! And there is no one who knows how it happened and who did it!

He was Aryan a.k.a. Mr. A [Hrithik Roshan], who was the mastermind behind the execution of entire plan. And not just this, but the biggest of international heists. Familiar with all the hi-tech gadgets and gifted with a sharp brain, great physique, good looks and a confidence that made him believe that he could pull off anything and everything that was challenging. Lover of great food, wine and clothes, he was not a petty thief; in fact his strength lied in the fact that he was unknown to all, he didn't trust anyone and as Jai himself admitted - HE WAS THE PERFECT THIEF! Also, he loved working alone, until a stunning beauty came in his life - Sunehri [Aishwarya Rai].

Sunehri was a Mumbai girl with big dreams. A petty thief by profession, she wanted to live her life in style, have fun, take risks and enjoy the feeling of power and strength. All these desires got her in touch with someone who could help her gain all what she wanted - Mr. A!

And now Mr. A and Sunehri were on a combined mission. Setting of their next target? MUMBAI!

The 'Chor Police' chase has begun. And it's not just Mumbai where the action happens. Namibia, Goa, Mumbai, Rajasthan, Brazil - the saying is proved true again that the THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH!

Come, enjoy the ride as you witness some dare devil action, hi-tech heists, heart stopping chases and stunts stirred with some great laughs and fun.

Aao, phir machaye 'DHOOM'!

Surya
26th October 2006, 01:35 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

All set to watch FDFS of DHOOM II! 8-)

Surya
26th October 2006, 01:52 AM
Dhoom 2 music will pervade dance floors on New Year Eve

Source: Sawf News

Date: October 24,2006

Despite a subdued launch the musical score of Dhoom 2 by Pritam is rapidly gaining popularity. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Most Indians I know emerged into the year 2005, tired and sweaty, after having danced their inhibitions and energies away to the robust beat of Dhoom Machcha Le and other Dhoom numbers such as Shikdum and Salaame.

The track Dhoom Machcha Le from Dhoom was the biggest hit of the year 2004, besides being the most outstanding composition of the film's music director Pritam.

Despite a subdued launch the musical score of Dhoom 2, once again by Pritam, is rapidly gaining popularity. Listening to the CD which has a total of six tracks, I think New Year Eve for 2007 may well be a replay of what happened two years back.

The album opens with the number Crazy Kiya Re that, sung with unrestrained gusto by Sunidhi Chauhan to a catchy beat, is sure to energize the magnetic pull of the dance floor on New Year Eve revelers to irresistible levels.

The second number on the album is Touch me. Its flirtatious lyrics Teekhi Teekhi Teri Akhiyan, Chupke Chupke Behkaati hain, Dekh Dekh Na Yoon Mujhko, Hosh Hosh Le Jaati Hain sung with gusto by singers KK and Alisha Chinai to a heady beat will ensure that we hear a lot of this number in the days to come and not always at volumes we prefer.

Next the slower paced My name is Ali, sung by Sonu Nigam and Bipasha Basu, provides a welcome interlude that should let you switch to a close dance while its suggestive lyrics induce your partner to drop guard.

The Dhoom rush comes back with Dil Laga Na, sung by Sukhbir, Soham Chakrabarthy, Jolly Mukherjee, Mahalaxmi Iyer and Suzanne.

The track Crazy Remix is a remix of the first track Crazy Kiya Re sung by Sunidhi Chauhan.

The final track Dhoom Again, a restyled version of Dhoom Machcha Le with lyrics in English, has been retained as the title track of film Dhoom 2.

Music director Pritam says, "It actually sounds like a fresh song". It does. However, despite having heard it over and over again I am not convinced the new version quite matches the old one.

The signature beat of Dhoom Machcha Le pervades numbers such as Touch Me and Dil Laga Na.

Comparing the music of Dhoom 2 with that of Dhoom is difficult because the styles are different and, more importantly, all of us have heard the numbers of Dhoom so many times. Your best bet would be to listen to the numbers of Dhoom 2 several times before drawing your conclusion.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap: :redjump: :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: 8-)

m_23_bayarea
27th October 2006, 12:08 AM
Dhoom 2 music will pervade dance floors on New Year Eve

Despite a subdued launch the musical score of Dhoom 2 by Pritam is rapidly gaining popularity. :clap: :clap: :clap:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:clap: :redjump: :thumbsup: :2thumbsup: 8-)

Yay Baby !! I will be back in California for Christmas holidays to watch the opening of DHOOM - II !!

:victory:

romio
27th October 2006, 09:23 AM
Hrithik Roshan becomes Bollywood's highest paid star

By Subhash K Jha, IANS

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/06/oct/26_hrithik_roshan_adlabs_film_ltd.asp

It isn't official as yet, but Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan has gone beyond any actor's pricing after signing a deal with Adlabs at a reported price of a whopping Rs.350 million (Rs 35 crores).

Manmohan Shetty's company Adlabs Film Ltd. has apparently signed the "Krrish" star for a three-film deal. While Hrithik's dad Rakesh Roshan says "negotiations are on", other reliable sources say the deal has been signed, sealed and delivered.

Hrithik's price? A staggering Rs.350 million. This makes him the highest-paid star in Bollywood, outpricing every other actor, including Aamir Khan, who was reportedly paid Rs.70 million for "Rang De Basanti".

Hrithik's reported price would change the entire pricing system in Bollywood, spiralling star fees beyond control.

A top filmmaker, who chooses to be anonymous until Hrithik's price is made official, is aghast.

He said: "If true, this is a very unhealthy development. Hrithik is no doubt a fabulous hard-working actor. But star prices have constantly been the bane of Bollywood. Often more than 65 percent of the budget for a film goes to the stars.

"Why, even a newcomer like Shiney Ahuja charges Rs.1 crore (Rs.10 million). The ladies get far less. But a two-film old Kangana Ranaut asks for and gets approximately Rs.30 lakh (Rs.3 million). Now god knows how medium-budget filmmakers will manage the monies."

There's no doubt the three-film deal that Hrithik has clinched with Adlabs will dramatically revise the pricing system in Bollywood.

kb
27th October 2006, 08:40 PM
new promos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HV3aA7H4kQ inthe song mattum yenaku megauploadla panni anupunga yash chopra plzzzzz..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QvX5OBEZwI

m_23_bayarea
10th November 2006, 06:19 PM
http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2006/oct/30sld1.htm

Hrithik !!! :smokesmirk: :smokesmirk: :smokesmirk:

kb
14th November 2006, 04:55 AM
crazy kiya rey

52 sec song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VsOQ7JhLs

Surya
14th November 2006, 05:04 AM
crazy kiya rey

52 sec song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3VsOQ7JhLs

:omg: KB, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH FOR LETTIN US KNOW ABT THAT! :D :D :D :clap: :clap: :D

Tat was so awesome! Espicially when ASH says: Jadoo Se Jadoo Kiya, Kiya Re...

And Hrithik walks down the stairs..

ASH Winks: Crazy Kiya Re!

WHOOT WHOOT!! 8-) :clap: 8-)

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 05:06 AM
Hrithik Plays Villian in DHOOM 2 :?

Damn he looks a Hunk + Hulk every inch... look at his ABS :D

Surya
14th November 2006, 05:44 AM
Yeah! :D He's my inspiration....:lol:

I did 153 Sit Ups Today...:cry2: :P

bulb_mani
14th November 2006, 05:45 AM

:shock: :shock: :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
14th November 2006, 06:55 AM

Shahrukh is my inspiration !! I ran for 15 mins on the treadmill, and lifted 20 pounds with more reps !!

:boo:

Surya
14th November 2006, 06:58 AM

Shahrukh is my inspiration !! I ran for 15 mins on the treadmill, and lifted 20 pounds with more reps !!

I'm Really Getting Into Working Out Now-A-Days Dude!! :redjump:

Espicially After Taking This Protien Blast Thing That I've Been Taking. (Not A Steroid! It's Just Filled WIth Protien! It's A Shake! :D )

PS: When U do Reps...Make Sure That You Drink A Lot OF Cherry Juice! :cool2:

Cheery Juice (Actual Juice, not concentrate) or Cherries Prevents Tendon Damgage During Intence Arm Curls! 8-) I just found that out yesterday, and got 3 bags of cherries today! :P

m_23_bayarea
14th November 2006, 07:13 AM
Surya, when GHAJINI came, I was trying to look like Surya, so my friend Chris gave me all these protein shakes, and I tried to buff up more with more weights and less reps !!!

After watching AADHI though, my mindset changed, and I'm doin more reps with less weights ... And gone are those protein shakes !!! You know what I mean ??

The same goes with Hirtihik and Shahrukh's physique too man !!!

Surya
14th November 2006, 07:20 AM
Surya, when GHAJINI came, I was trying to look like Surya, so my friend Chris gave me all these protein shakes, and I tried to buff up more with more weights and less reps !!!

After watching AADHI though, my mindset changed, and I'm doin more reps with less weights ... And gone are those protein shakes !!! You know what I mean ??

The same goes with Hirtihik and Shahrukh's physique too man !!!

U still need protien to heal ur muscles. :D More reps and less weights will get u toned, but the muscles still need to heal after it tears, and protien is the only thing that'll do that. :D

I want to look huge and be toned like Hrithik! :D I'd hate to just be huge and not toned like those Ponnambalam guys! :shaking: :lol:

Surya
15th November 2006, 08:17 AM
[tscii:f75601fe9e] `Dhoom- 2` in Tamil!
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 13 November , 2006, 14:48
Yashraj films biggie Dhoom-2 starring Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan, Uday Chopra, Aiswarya Rai, Bipasha Basu is being dubbed into Tamil with the same title. It is the second Hindi film to be dubbed into Tamil this year.

Dhoom-2 opens on Nov24, and nearly 30 prints in Tamil will be distributed in the state. After the decent showing of Krrish in Tamil, the trade feels there is potential for a good action Hindi movie in the state.

Dhoom-2 trailer is a big hit with its never-seen-before action sequences, hi-tech heists, breathtaking hi-Speed chases, non-stop laughter and excitement .Added to that Hrithik is playing the villain’s role, and Ash comes in a glamorous role.

:clap:[/tscii:f75601fe9e]

m_23_bayarea
15th November 2006, 08:20 AM
[tscii:b22632dfde] `Dhoom- 2` in Tamil!
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 13 November , 2006, 14:48
:clap:[/tscii:b22632dfde]

Hrithik loves Tamil Nadu !! First it was KRISH, now it's DHOOM !!!

:clap:

Surya
16th November 2006, 12:53 AM
:redjump:

Awesome New pic:

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/9779/untitlednm6.jpg

great
16th November 2006, 01:03 AM

Awesome New pic:

Look @ Aish :x :banghead: :x :rotfl:

Surya
16th November 2006, 01:03 AM

Awesome New pic:

Look @ Aish :x :banghead: :x :rotfl:

I know! I was :shock:'d too...

Shez too skinny, and her head's too big...:?

Surya
16th November 2006, 01:22 AM
Ash looks Great in these ones! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/3848/untitledui2.jpg

http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/7117/untitledgi6.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/31/untitledwz5.jpg

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/9594/untitledqc8.jpg

:2thumbsup:

bulb_mani
16th November 2006, 01:24 AM

Awesome New pic:

Hrithik is :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
16th November 2006, 07:35 AM
Hrithik and Ash - what a pair !!

:clap: :boo: :redjump: :bluejump:

Unicorn
16th November 2006, 01:30 PM
Heard the songs today :rotfl: :banghead:
Pritam sux !
No song is gr8 :cool:

kb
17th November 2006, 04:42 AM
dil laga, dhoom again, crazya kiya rey, touch me touch me :redjump:

except one all songs are superrrrrru

Surya
17th November 2006, 06:48 AM
Heard the songs today :rotfl: :banghead:
Pritam sux !
No song is gr8 :cool:

Bore adicha indha maathiri loosu thanama edhavadhu olara vendiyadhu! :rotfl:

Poi vera velaiya paaruda! :lol:

DHOOM II songs nalla illiyam! Looking @ how ppl like it so much they've decided to release the movie in tamil also!

Maybe u just like Kuthu Songs with vulgar double meaning lyrics...Yaarukku Theriyum..:roll: :poke:

Surya
17th November 2006, 07:05 AM
dil laga, dhoom again, crazya kiya rey, touch me touch me :redjump:

except one all songs are superrrrrru

Yeah! :clap: :clap: :D

I don't like My Name Is Ali much....it's too mediocre..

m_23_bayarea
17th November 2006, 07:33 AM
Unicorn, dont DISAPPOINT me !!! I need your DON spirit in DHOOM too baby !!! :P

KB, nice nice nice !!! Keep sayin such good stuff !!! :clap:

Unicorn
17th November 2006, 10:09 AM
Dhoom 2 is pritams worst album this yr :exactly:
gangster,woh lamhe,pyaar ki side effects were much much better :D
looks like hes not found any good songs to copy this time :cry2:
Hes Anu Maliks successor :thumbsup:

Surya
17th November 2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah..Strangly the songs are big hits even though they're so horrible! :lol:

Raghu
17th November 2006, 08:01 PM
Surya

R u a big Hrithik fan or what??

Surya
18th November 2006, 02:17 AM
I'm a HUUUUUGGGEEE Hrithik fan machi! :P

great
18th November 2006, 02:51 PM
Yeah..Strangly the songs are big hits even though they're so horrible! :lol:

Is it :o

Surya
18th November 2006, 03:23 PM
:yes:

I guess ppl thought it was a dissappointment @ first..:?

Now the songs have gained pace! :thumbsup:

Unicorn
18th November 2006, 03:25 PM
:lol2:
Manasaatchiyey illaya ?

Surya
18th November 2006, 03:29 PM
Manasatchiya pathi nee pesakoodathu kanna! :lol:

great
18th November 2006, 03:29 PM
:yes:

I guess ppl thought it was a dissappointment @ first..:?

Now the songs have gained pace! :thumbsup:

Songs hitNu sollamudiyathu . Movie might hit the bulls eye lets wait :)

kb
22nd November 2006, 11:11 PM
[tscii:a669c643cb]ARE U READY to GO DHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM..

releasing world wide.. tmw :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

so steal all that you can....
the magic you begun...
let’s shout,break out..
comes on once again..lets hear it........
dhoom machaale………dhoom machaale....dhoooooooooom[/tscii:a669c643cb]

Surya
23rd November 2006, 01:19 AM
Can't Wait!!! :redjump: :redjump:

Since it's so popular it's releasing here near my house, so I don't have to drive for 2 hours like i did for kank, sok, vv, and varalaru. 8-)

kb
23rd November 2006, 10:07 PM
[tscii:7ca07804e6]“Dhoom 2 Advance Booking is a Record”

The entire weekend for ‘Dhoom 2’was sold out on Tuesday itself. Only five tickets are left for a Sunday eleven o clock night show which I plan to watch with my friends,” says Shonali Shrofff of Fame Group of Multiplexes. “It is undoubtedly the biggest advance booking of the year,” she added. The recent trend of advance booking starting on the Sunday instead of Wednesday has seen an unprecedented response in case of big films like ‘Fanaa’, ‘Krrish’, ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’ and ‘Don’. But if Shonali Shroff is to be believed then ‘Dhoom 2’ has broken all earlier records.

Girish S Wankhede, Manager Public Relations for Cinemax Group of Multiplexes emphatically states that all shows are totally house full. “The advance booking is tremendous,” he says. Devang Sampat, GM, Marketing and Sales, Cinemax says that the reason for such opening is the trust people have in “Mr Perfectionist” Aditya Chopra. “Moreover the starcast is such that it can’t get bigger than this,” he added.

Yashraj Films had started the trend with ‘Fanaa’ of getting a higher chunk of the ticket sales figures from the multiplexes. Vinod Chopra successfully adapted the same module with ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai’. There have been rumours that Yashraj Films once again tried to get a bigger share of the pie from the multplexes before the release of ‘Dhoom 2’ but it hasn’t been verified as no one is willing to talk. This correspondent had spoken to Shonali Shroff of Fame Multiplexes a day before ‘Fanaa’ was about to be released. She had said then that Fame is still not sure about releasing ‘Fanaa’ due to the prevailing uncertainty on revenue sharing. But on being asked today if a similar situation arose with ‘Dhoom 2’ she was prompt in saying, “We have very good relations with Yashraj Films. There’s no problem at all.”

‘Dhoom 2’ is also setting another record in terms of number of screens showing the same film in a particular multiplex. You can imagine how big a release it is by the following numbers:

Fame Adlabs, Andheri: 18 shows per day

Fame Malad: 21 shows per day

Fame Kandivali: 14 shows per day

Cinemax, Versova: 20 shows

Cinemax, Sion: 8 shows

Cinemax Kandivali: 12 shows

Cinemax Mira Road: 9 shows

Cinemax Wondermall, Thane: 12 shows

Cinemax Eternity Mall: 13 shows

Cinemax, Andheri single screen: 4 shows

Cinemax Nasik: 9 shows

In a year that has seen huge money spinners like ‘Lage Raho Munnabhai’, ‘Krrish’, ‘Fanaa’ and ‘Rang De Basanti’, there’s every possibility that ‘Dhoom 2’ shall be the icing on the cake of a great year for the Hindi Film Industry. Stay tuned to IndiaGlitz for the ‘Dhoom 2’ review first thing tomorrow and a video of the public opinion this weekend.

guess its breaking DON in first weeek itself :wink: [/tscii:7ca07804e6]

romio
24th November 2006, 07:57 AM
DHOOM 2 TO RELEASE WITH 1200 PRINTS :shock: 8-)

The big Bollywood year just keeps getting bigger. From Rang De Basanti to Krrish , it has been a barrage of blockbusters at the box-office. And now comes the biggest film of them all.

With 1,200-plus prints worldwide, Dhoom 2 this Friday will become the widest Bollywood release ever. Opening at 70 theatres, the Yash Raj Films production will also be the biggest release in Bengal. “I am handling 127 prints in Bengal, Bihar and Assam. Such numbers are unheard of in our trade,” says east India distributor Pritam Jalan.

But unlike other cities like Mumbai and Delhi, where multiplexes are ready to run up to 15 D2 shows daily, the Calcutta strategy is to divide the business between standalone theatres and plexes. “There are only going to be six to eight shows a day at the four multiplexes, plus Menoka, Hind, Elite...” adds Jalan. “If the first week goes full, we are looking at a record gross collection of Rs 3.5 crore.”

D2 is, of course, not only the sequel to the 2004 bike blockbuster Dhoom, it also boasts a galaxy of stars — Hrithik Roshan, Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Bipasha Basu.

“We have had inquiries and block-booking requests for the past three months, ever since the first teaser was screened with Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna,” says Vikas Syal, general manager of INOX (Forum). “The hype around the movie is unprecedented and we plan to cash in on it by running a lot of contests and giving away movie merchandise.”

The ticket prices for Dhoom 2 at the plexes during the weekends should go up to a maximum of Rs 250, a high point already touched by KANK. The standalone theatres haven’t upped ticket prices, with Rs 120 being the balcony rates for a weekend watch of the Sanjay Gadhvi film.

“We had gone up to Rs 150 for KANK but that was a mature film for grown-up audiences, while Dhoom 2 is for the young and we don’t want to take the ticket prices beyond them,” reveals Pranab Roy, owner of Menoka. “The inquiries have been mostly from school and college kids.”

The first two weeks will be crucial for the high-octrane, 150-minute action adventure ride. Says Prashant Shrivastava, vice-president of 89 Cinemas (Swabhumi): “While there is no other release on November 24 and no big release on December 1, Baabul with Amitabh Bachchan, Hema Malini, Salman Khan, John Abraham and Rani Mukherjee will arrive in a big way on December 8.”

By then, box-office history might already be created.

-The Telegraph

romio
24th November 2006, 07:57 AM
Will Dhoom:2 be the year's biggest hit?

Syed Firdaus Ashraf

November 22, 2006 20:05 IST

It may be too early to say whether Yash Chopra's Dhoom:2 will be the year's biggest blockbuster. But from the way the advance ticket bookings are going, it will definitely give tough competition to the biggest hit so far, Krrish.

Hrithik Roshan's Krrish made Rs 150 crores, and has done the best business this year. It is followed by Rajkumar Hirani's Lage Raho Munna Bhai, Rakyesh Omprakash Mehra's Rang De Basanti and Kunal Kohli's Fanaa.

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh sounds hopeful for Dhoom:2. "It has the potential to be a blockbuster," he says. "There is a positive buzz and they will release 16 shows in many theatres to cater to the demand."

Rumours suggest that Dhoom:2 will release with 1,200 prints, the biggest ever opening for Hindi cinema. Only Don comes close with 1,000 prints.

Tushar Dhingra, Chief Operating Officer, Fame Adlabs, says, "We are getting a fabulous response for Dhoom:2. The bookings is unprecedented and there is a good opening in all the Adlabs theatres in India."

There are long queues outside theatres, as eager cinema goers hope to catch the film's first shows.

"When I went to buy a ticket at Thakur Cinema (in Kandivili, suburban Mumba) for Saturday, there was a long queue. I could not believe my eyes. The theatre has a 1,000 seating capacity but still there was a huge queue to see the film," says Rajiv Parekh, a college student. He adds, "I want to see the film because I think Hrithik is looking great in the promos. After Krrish, I cannot afford to miss this film in its first week."

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/22dhoom.htm

romio
24th November 2006, 07:58 AM
And as you fasten your seat belt to hop on the wild ride of Dhoom: 2, here's Hrithik talking about the film.

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/22slide1.htm

Surya
24th November 2006, 03:13 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Looks like DHOOM II is gonna break DON's record without even breaking a sweat!! 8-) :clap: :clap:

great
24th November 2006, 07:40 PM
DHOOM :2 FALLS SHORT OF EXPECTATION

http://specials.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/24slide1.htm

Unicorn
24th November 2006, 08:00 PM
Flop tak everywhere :lol2:
naanga thaan appavey sonnomla :poke:

Unicorn
24th November 2006, 08:05 PM
Climax is a complete mess pola :roll:
Im watchin this movie this Monday :)
For jus 1 reason.
Cinematography..U know the other movie which the cinematographers workin rite now :wink:

kb
24th November 2006, 08:09 PM
[tscii:5e7dd18672]Cut the crap… Cut the gyan… Let's come to the point straightway: Is Dhoom 2 as big as its hype? Does it meet the monumental expectations? Or is it a gas balloon with a leak?

Yes, Dhoom 2 works big time and here's why…

* Very rarely do you come across Hindi films that marry form and content so beautifully. Dhoom 2 is cool, but beneath the sheen there's substance too.

* Mounted on an extravagant scale, the film is a visual delight. The film travels from one breath-taking locale to another in those 16 reels, often making your jaw drop to your knees thanks to the sweeping impact it makes.

* For any sequel to score high marks, it ought to be embellished with pulse-pounding moments. Dhoom 2 is a hi-octane thriller and the thrills, stunts and pace -- vital for any thriller to strike a chord -- are sure to keep you on the edge from Scene A to Z.

* Most importantly, Dhoom 2 delivers what it promises: Escapist cinema at its best!

Any hiccups? Not really, but the music could've been better. That's about it!

So, what's the verdict then? A film like Dhoom 2 raises the bar for Hindi films. If you've tasted the best, you would never settle for anything komsi-komsa stuff later, right? That's the Dhoom 2 effect. For film-makers that tread a similar path, it's going to be an added responsibility to go beyond Dhoom 2.

In terms of business, Dhoom 2 is bound to create dhoom at the ticket window. It's a box-office triumph all the way. Time for Yash Raj to pop champagne yet again!

Ali's [Uday Chopra] dream of becoming a police officer has come true. He is now ACP Jai Dixit's [Abhishek Bachchan] right hand man. Together, they are trying to keep a tight leash on the crime in India. Little do they know what they are going to be up against.

Enter Aryan -- Mr. A [Hrithik Roshan]. A hi-tech international thief. After pulling off a series of impossible heists all over the world, his next target is Mumbai, India. The case is given to ACP Jai and Ali. Helping them put the pieces of the puzzle together is ACP Shonali Bose , Jai's college mate, now a police officer in her own right. For the last two years, Shonali has been tracking these amazing thefts and is now an expert on this thief, who no one has seen.

Once in Mumbai, Mr. A finds his match in Sunehri [Aishwarya Rai], a petty yet clever thief. She makes him an offer he finds very hard to refuse. A partnership! Aryan accepts. And so the game begins, a game of cat and mouse, a game of good v/s bad.

The cops -- Jai, Shonali and Ali -- are after the robbers -- Aryan and Sunehri. From the deserts of Namibia to the backwaters of Goa, the mean streets of Mumbai and the ancient forts of Rajasthan and finally to Rio, Brazil.

Dhoom 2 is modeled on the lines of the chor-police sagas that Hindi films specialized in the 1970s and 1980s. In essence, it's not a path-breaking/inventive story, but what takes the film to dizzy heights is the sequence of events that unravel at a feverish pace. Right from the start of the film [Hrithik's first heist in Namibia; the robbing of a crown from a moving train] to his next target [robbing a precious diamond from a museum in Mumbai] to the theft in Jamnagar [Hrithik and Ash come face to face for the first time], the film whets your appetite from the word 'Go'.

If the first hour focuses on the cat-n-mouse game, the second hour changes tracks as it transforms into a love story. While the scenes between Uday and Bipasha [in a dual role] are cute, the ones between Hrithik and Ash build up slowly. The pace drops intermittently in this hour since the thrills are reserved for the penultimate reel, but a number of worthy sequences in this half conceal this tiny blemish.

Note the turning point in the tale -- the revolver sequence between Hrithik and Ash and the lip-to-lip kiss that ensues; it's an outstanding sequence from the writing, execution and performance point of view. The pre-climax -- the robbery of man-made gold coins -- as also the climax chase are breath-taking as well.

The end is distinctive and will have its share of advocates and adversaries. Yet, in all fairness, it's one of the highpoints of the sequel. Any scope for the third installment? Oh yes, there is. Don't be surprised if Abhishek and Uday embark on their third mission. As for the climax shot vis-à-vis John Abraham's surprise appearance, it's an unfounded rumor!

Dhoom 2 is director Sanjay Gadhvi's finest effort so far. The execution of the subject is such, you just can't help get transported to a world of make-believe. Gadhvi has handled a number of sequences with aplomb. The Hrithik-Ash sequence mentioned above is one of them. The dialogue between Hrithik and Abhishek -- after they've known each other's true identities -- is another. The final scene of the enterprise [it would be unfair to reveal it here!] is yet another sequence that indicates that the director has done his homework well.

Pritam's music is fair. Barring the 'Krazy Kiya Re' track and the title track [filmed on Hrithik], the score is outright mediocre. However, the saving grace is the vibrant and energetic picturization, which takes the songs to another level. The choreography of the title track by Shiamak Davar is outstanding. Vaibhavi Merchant's choreography of 'Krazy Kiya Re' is admirable as well. Salim-Sulaiman's background score is highly effective.

Dhoom 2 is peppered with good looking visual effects [Tata Elxsi], besides a stylish décor/look. The action sequences as also the stunts [Allan Amin] do complete justice to the genre and the Indian audiences are bound to gasp with disbelief. Cinematography [Nirav Shah, Vikas Shivraman] is impeccable. The camerawork can easily match international standards. Dialogues [Vijay Krishna Acharya] are wonderful. Costumes [Anaita Shroff Adajania] are upmarket. In fact, the styling of Hrithik and Ash [the tanned look et al] deserves distinction marks.

Hrithik's casting as the antagonist can be accurately called a masterstroke. He's the actual star of Dhoom 2, the real scene stealer. In fact, you can't imagine any other actor enacting the cool robber with such precision. If there's anyone who's bound to benefit the maximum from Dhoom 2, it's Hrithik. No two opinions on that!

Abhishek in Dhoom 2 is what Shashi Kapoor was in Amitabh Bachchan starrers. Important yes, but relegated to the backseat. Abhishek does a fine job nonetheless. Only thing, he needs to take care of his appearance and posture when he's pitted against someone with a personality like Hrithik.

Aishwarya evolves into a different person in Dhoom 2. Her tanned makeup, her styling, her performance, it's a different Ash here. It's a complete departure from what Ash has done in the past. Does it work? Of course, she is in form!

Bipasha is just about okay as the cop, but is lively as the twin sister. Uday irritates at times, but handles a few scenes well. His portions with Bipasha's twin sister in Rio are sure to bring a smile on your face. Rimi Sen is hardly there.

On the whole, Dhoom 2 is a winner all the way. [b]At the box-office, the film has already embarked on an earth-shattering initial and with multiple shows being conducted at multiplexes [16/18] with inflated ticket rates, the film will set new records in days to come. For Yash Raj, who've not only produced but also distributed the film, Dhoom 2 should emerge as one of the biggest hits of their career. Blockbuster![/tscii:5e7dd18672]

romio
24th November 2006, 08:48 PM
[tscii:5b1b1c995b]Dhoom 2 - Review 8-)
By Taran Adarsh, November 24, 2006 - 17:29 IST
http://www.indiafm.com/movies/review/12546/index.html

Cut the crap… Cut the gyan… Let's come to the point straightway: Is DHOOM 2 as big as its hype? Does it meet the monumental expectations? Or is it a gas balloon with a leak?

Yes, DHOOM 2 works big time and here's why…
Very rarely do you come across Hindi films that marry form and content so beautifully. DHOOM 2 is cool, but beneath the sheen there's substance too.

Mounted on an extravagant scale, the film is a visual delight. The film travels from one breath-taking locale to another in those 16 reels, often making your jaw drop to your knees thanks to the sweeping impact it makes.

For any sequel to score high marks, it ought to be embellished with pulse-pounding moments. DHOOM 2 is a hi-octane thriller and the thrills, stunts and pace -- vital for any thriller to strike a chord -- are sure to keep you on the edge from Scene A to Z.

Most importantly, DHOOM 2 delivers what it promises: Escapist cinema at its best!

Any hiccups? Not really, but the music could've been better. That's about it!

So, what's the verdict then? A film like DHOOM 2 raises the bar for Hindi films. If you've tasted the best, you would never settle for anything komsi-komsa stuff later, right? That's the DHOOM 2 effect. For film-makers that tread a similar path, it's going to be an added responsibility to go beyond DHOOM 2.

In terms of business, DHOOM 2 is bound to create dhoom at the ticket window. It's a box-office triumph all the way. Time for Yash Raj to pop champagne yet again!

Ali's [Uday Chopra] dream of becoming a police officer has come true. He is now ACP Jai Dixit's [Abhishek Bachchan] right hand man. Together, they are trying to keep a tight leash on the crime in India. Little do they know what they are going to be up against.

Enter Aryan -- Mr. A [Hrithik Roshan]. A hi-tech international thief. After pulling off a series of impossible heists all over the world, his next target is Mumbai, India. The case is given to ACP Jai and Ali. Helping them put the pieces of the puzzle together is ACP Shonali Bose [Bipasha Basu], Jai's college mate, now a police officer in her own right. For the last two years, Shonali has been tracking these amazing thefts and is now an expert on this thief, who no one has seen.

Once in Mumbai, Mr. A finds his match in Sunehri [Aishwarya Rai], a petty yet clever thief. She makes him an offer he finds very hard to refuse. A partnership! Aryan accepts. And so the game begins, a game of cat and mouse, a game of good v/s bad.

The cops -- Jai, Shonali and Ali -- are after the robbers -- Aryan and Sunehri. From the deserts of Namibia to the backwaters of Goa, the mean streets of Mumbai and the ancient forts of Rajasthan and finally to Rio, Brazil.

DHOOM 2 is modeled on the lines of the chor-police sagas that Hindi films specialized in the 1970s and 1980s. In essence, it's not a path-breaking/inventive story, but what takes the film to dizzy heights is the sequence of events that unravel at a feverish pace. Right from the start of the film [Hrithik's first heist in Namibia; the robbing of a crown from a moving train] to his next target [robbing a precious diamond from a museum in Mumbai] to the theft in Jamnagar [Hrithik and Ash come face to face for the first time], the film whets your appetite from the word 'Go'.

If the first hour focuses on the cat-n-mouse game, the second hour changes tracks as it transforms into a love story. While the scenes between Uday and Bipasha [in a dual role] are cute, the ones between Hrithik and Ash build up slowly. The pace drops intermittently in this hour since the thrills are reserved for the penultimate reel, but a number of worthy sequences in this half conceal this tiny blemish.

Note the turning point in the tale -- the revolver sequence between Hrithik and Ash and the lip-to-lip kiss that ensues; it's an outstanding sequence from the writing, execution and performance point of view. The pre-climax -- the robbery of man-made gold coins -- as also the climax chase are breath-taking as well.

The end is distinctive and will have its share of advocates and adversaries. Yet, in all fairness, it's one of the highpoints of the sequel. Any scope for the third installment? Oh yes, there is. Don't be surprised if Abhishek and Uday embark on their third mission. As for the climax shot vis-à-vis John Abraham's surprise appearance, it's an unfounded rumor!

DHOOM 2 is director Sanjay Gadhvi's finest effort so far. The execution of the subject is such, you just can't help get transported to a world of make-believe. Gadhvi has handled a number of sequences with aplomb. The Hrithik-Ash sequence mentioned above is one of them. The dialogue between Hrithik and Abhishek -- after they've known each other's true identities -- is another. The final scene of the enterprise [it would be unfair to reveal it here!] is yet another sequence that indicates that the director has done his homework well.

Pritam's music is fair. Barring the 'Krazy Kiya Re' track and the title track [filmed on Hrithik], the score is outright mediocre. However, the saving grace is the vibrant and energetic picturization, which takes the songs to another level. The choreography of the title track by Shiamak Davar is outstanding. Vaibhavi Merchant's choreography of 'Krazy Kiya Re' is admirable as well. Salim-Sulaiman's background score is highly effective.

DHOOM 2 is peppered with good looking visual effects [Tata Elxsi], besides a stylish décor/look. The action sequences as also the stunts [Allan Amin] do complete justice to the genre and the Indian audiences are bound to gasp with disbelief. Cinematography [Nirav Shah, Vikas Shivraman] is impeccable. The camerawork can easily match international standards. Dialogues [Vijay Krishna Acharya] are wonderful. Costumes [Anaita Shroff Adajania] are upmarket. In fact, the styling of Hrithik and Ash [the tanned look et al] deserves distinction marks.

Hrithik's casting as the antagonist can be accurately called a masterstroke. He's the actual star of DHOOM 2, the real scene stealer. In fact, you can't imagine any other actor enacting the cool robber with such precision. If there's anyone who's bound to benefit the maximum from DHOOM 2, it's Hrithik. No two opinions on that!

Abhishek in DHOOM 2 is what Shashi Kapoor was in Amitabh Bachchan starrers. Important yes, but relegated to the backseat. Abhishek does a fine job nonetheless. Only thing, he needs to take care of his appearance and posture when he's pitted against someone with a personality like Hrithik.

Aishwarya evolves into a different person in DHOOM 2. Her tanned makeup, her styling, her performance, it's a different Ash here. It's a complete departure from what Ash has done in the past. Does it work? Of course, she is in form!

Bipasha is just about okay as the cop, but is lively as the twin sister. Uday irritates at times, but handles a few scenes well. His portions with Bipasha's twin sister in Rio are sure to bring a smile on your face. Rimi Sen is hardly there.

On the whole, DHOOM 2 is a winner all the way. At the box-office, the film has already embarked on an earth-shattering initial and with multiple shows being conducted at multiplexes [16/18] with inflated ticket rates, the film will set new records in days to come. For Yash Raj, who've not only produced but also distributed the film, DHOOM 2 should emerge as one of the biggest hits of their career. Blockbuster!

Rating - 4.5/5

http://www.indiafm.com/movies/review/12546/index.html

SRK SUCKSSSSSSS HRITHIK RULEZZZZZZZZ 8-)

[/tscii:5b1b1c995b]

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 08:54 PM
ore review va thiruppi thiruppi pottaaa epdi? vera ethaa review podungappa.

So far mixed reviews.

kb
24th November 2006, 09:18 PM
[tscii:05deebde85]Ride the Dhoom 2 rollercoaster!

Rajesh Karkera | November 24, 2006 20:04 IST

An explosive, adrenaline-pumping Dhoom 2 is what I expected, but what I got was more: A complete roller-coaster ride which left me completely enthralled and exhausted by the first half.

Don't miss: The alternate Dhoom 2 review

Before I get to the questions you want answered, let me outline the story.

Dhoom 2 opens to a robbery taking place in a train passing through a desert in Namibia, supposedly the world's oldest solitary railway line. And a breathtaking robbery it is, with Mr A aka Aryan (Hrithik Roshan) parachuting down on the train, and getting away in a captivating sequence.

The Dhoom 2 title song follows, with the title and opening credits rolling on screen, barely noticable since it's hard to keep your eye off Hrithik who promises a heart-pumping Dhoom 2, going by the lyrics.

I could hear the women in the cinema hall gasping everytime Hrithik came on screen, and I must admit -- I too was struck spellbound seeing him on screen. This is his film.

It's a film of entrances all right. In comes Ali (Uday Chopra) on his suzuki Bandit 1200cc bike which we also saw in Dhoom. He falters while delivering drugs to some dealers, making them suspect he's a policeman. And he turns out to be one.

He is now ACP Jai Dixit's (Abhishek Bachchan) right-hand man, and AB Jr too makes a dazzling entry on time to save his pal's life.

Jai's wife Sweety (Rimi Sen) is pregnant and so is not seen much. She also gets to speak Bengali, but I will add that her Hindi delivery has improved compared to the first Dhoom.

Dhoom 2Another entry: ACP Shonali Bose (Bipasha Basu) stuns everyone -- the audience in the hall as well as those in the scene as she walks past the police headquarters after spending a few rounds in the shooting range. She is told by a senior officer to wait in an adjoining room.

Now Ali enters, and Shonali who is fidgeting with handcuffs accidentally locks herself. No sooner than Ali sees her his familiar routine begins, daydreaming about being married to her and having two kids. In walks Jai Dixit, Shonali's college-mate.

Shonali has been tracking some amazing thefts and is an expert on Mr A. she briefs Dixit and Co about the type of burglaries that have taken place and adds that no one has so far seen Mr A, nor do they know how he operates. Smart cop Jai Dixit decodes A's pattern of heists and guesstimates that the next heist will be in Mumbai, and on a particular date.

Aryan, a hi-tech international thief and master of disguises, is now in Mumbai. And even though a trap has been set to catch him, he succeeds in yet another stunning heist, which leaves the police, especially Jai Dixit and Shonali Bose, shamefaced. Shonali decides to go back as she has been unsuccessful in catching the thief, but things don't end there. Aryan dares them on television about carrying out another heist in Rajasthan, and Shonali is back in the team.

Once again Mr A is succeeds in his heist, in the process meeting Sunehri (Aishwarya Rai), another smart thief.

Sunehri's entrance makes the audience want more, and more is what they get as the Crazy kiya re song comes on and ends in a manner that leaves you gaping.

Mr A and Sunehri go to Brazil for their next heist. Not far behind them are Jai Dixit and Ali, with a local help who is none other than Shonali's twin-sister Monali (Bipasha Basu's double role)! Her entrance shows the extensive physical training that she must have undergone to get that toned look.

There are twists and turns in the second half, some expected, some not. Sure, there are faults when you stop to think rationally. But that does not stop you from being dazzled by the film. Men, women, kids, no matter who, the high-on-octane action sequences and racy chases will leave everyone panting.

Dhoom 2The subtly done special effects are another draw, making you want to take the roller-coaster once more.

OK, so let me now answer the questions uppermost on everyone's mind.

Dhoom 1 or Dhoom 2? Dhoom 2, obviously.

Ash or Bips? Errr, tough to call, honestly. Both are awesome.

This is a Hrithik film, he simply takes over the film, effortlessly overshadowing Abhishek.

The soundtrack didn't open to rave reviews, but after seeing the songs on screen, they come alive, and are bound to become a hit.[/tscii:05deebde85]

Ramakrishna
24th November 2006, 09:26 PM
So film might be a superhit. Worth watching?

kb
24th November 2006, 09:28 PM
So film might be a superhit. Worth watching?

man its already a blockbuster..

stunts songs picturization ellam TOP-aam..

waiting to see it 8-) 8-)

romio
24th November 2006, 09:32 PM
Rediff Review
Ride the Dhoom 2 rollercoaster!

Rajesh Karkera
November 24, 2006 20:04 IST

An explosive, adrenaline-pumping Dhoom 2 is what I expected, but what I got was more: A complete roller-coaster ride which left me completely enthralled and exhausted by the first half.

Before I get to the questions you want answered, let me outline the story.

Dhoom 2 opens to a robbery taking place in a train passing through a desert in Namibia, supposedly the world's oldest solitary railway line. And a breathtaking robbery it is, with Mr A aka Aryan (Hrithik Roshan) parachuting down on the train, and getting away in a captivating sequence.

The Dhoom 2 title song follows, with the title and opening credits rolling on screen, barely noticable since it's hard to keep your eye off Hrithik who promises a heart-pumping Dhoom 2, going by the lyrics.

I could hear the women in the cinema hall gasping everytime Hrithik came on screen, and I must admit -- I too was struck spellbound seeing him on screen. This is his film.

It's a film of entrances all right. In comes Ali (Uday Chopra) on his suzuki Bandit 1200cc bike which we also saw in Dhoom. He falters while delivering drugs to some dealers, making them suspect he's a policeman. And he turns out to be one.

He is now ACP Jai Dixit's (Abhishek Bachchan) right-hand man, and AB Jr too makes a dazzling entry on time to save his pal's life.

Jai's wife Sweety (Rimi Sen) is pregnant and so is not seen much. She also gets to speak Bengali, but I will add that her Hindi delivery has improved compared to the first Dhoom.

Another entry: ACP Shonali Bose (Bipasha Basu) stuns everyone -- the audience in the hall as well as those in the scene as she walks past the police headquarters after spending a few rounds in the shooting range. She is told by a senior officer to wait in an adjoining room.

Now Ali enters, and Shonali who is fidgeting with handcuffs accidentally locks herself. No sooner than Ali sees her his familiar routine begins, daydreaming about being married to her and having two kids. In walks Jai Dixit, Shonali's college-mate.

Shonali has been tracking some amazing thefts and is an expert on Mr A. she briefs Dixit and Co about the type of burglaries that have taken place and adds that no one has so far seen Mr A, nor do they know how he operates. Smart cop Jai Dixit decodes A's pattern of heists and guesstimates that the next heist will be in Mumbai, and on a particular date.

Aryan, a hi-tech international thief and master of disguises, is now in Mumbai. And even though a trap has been set to catch him, he succeeds in yet another stunning heist, which leaves the police, especially Jai Dixit and Shonali Bose, shamefaced. Shonali decides to go back as she has been unsuccessful in catching the thief, but things don't end there. Aryan dares them on television about carrying out another heist in Rajasthan, and Shonali is back in the team.

Once again Mr A is succeeds in his heist, in the process meeting Sunehri (Aishwarya Rai), another smart thief.

Sunehri's entrance makes the audience want more, and more is what they get as the Crazy kiya re song comes on and ends in a manner that leaves you gaping.

Mr A and Sunehri go to Brazil for their next heist. Not far behind them are Jai Dixit and Ali, with a local help who is none other than Shonali's twin-sister Monali (Bipasha Basu's double role)! Her entrance shows the extensive physical training that she must have undergone to get that toned look.

There are twists and turns in the second half, some expected, some not. Sure, there are faults when you stop to think rationally. But that does not stop you from being dazzled by the film. Men, women, kids, no matter who, the high-on-octane action sequences and racy chases will leave everyone panting.

The subtly done special effects are another draw, making you want to take the roller-coaster once more.

OK, so let me now answer the questions uppermost on everyone's mind.

Dhoom 1 or Dhoom 2? Dhoom 2, obviously.

Ash or Bips? Errr, tough to call, honestly. Both are awesome.

This is a Hrithik film, he simply takes over the film, effortlessly overshadowing Abhishek.

The soundtrack didn't open to rave reviews, but after seeing the songs on screen, they come alive, and are bound to become a hit.

My verdict: Go see Dhoom 2 now, and get rocked!

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/nov/24dhoom.htm

:thumbsup: :notworthy: :thumbsup:

kb
24th November 2006, 09:34 PM
[tscii:52fb03b980]Those blue-diamond-eyes make the king of thieves go ‘Krazy Kiya’ on her ‘Dhoom Again’ beats. And that’s not all guys. If you wish to saunter your way into the magnificent world of fantastic babes, brilliant-stunts-n-special-effects and whistle-evoking locations then Sanjay Gadhavi’s ode to Fantasy ‘Dhoom 2’ is meant for you. It would be unfair to compare the sequel to Bombay-to-Goa chor police excitement of ‘Dhoom’. For both are different in many ways. But in spite of everything going right for it, there’s something missing in ‘Dhoom 2’. I am sure you’ll notice that when you watch it (oh yeah it’s surely worth watching).

Alright…When I entered the theatre I didn’t have any notions of watching something outstanding in terms of a revolutionary story idea that can affect the mindset of the country like a RDB or Munnabhai’s Gandhigiri. It’s all about entertainment…That’s the punch line of a film like ‘Dhoom 2’. I’m all for it dude. But when you promise something out-of-this-world, and compromise with your own risk-taking-ability one feels let down. For Aryan (Hrithik) is the perfect thief who can pull off unbelievable heists on a moving-train-top in Namibia or through the skating zone of Mumbai Museum with superlative efficacy. He is the master of disguises and honestly Hrithik looks like a pinch-me-can-it-be-true Dream.

The problem arises when such a dare devil stuntman loses his focus and falls head-over-elbows in love with another thief (also a police mole) Sunehri (Aishwariya). They play basket ball and try their hands with various cuisines while you are left wondering….Hey…how about getting down to some work guys. Jai Dixit (Abhishek Bachchan) on the other hand has good old Ali (Uday Chopra) who has now turned a cop and a pregnant wife Sweety (Rimi Sen in a special appearance) to contend with. He gets down to some ‘Touch Me Touch Me’ groovy dancing with fellow cop Shonali Bose (Bipasha Basu) and Ali oogles himself to death at her sister Monali (Yes guys Bipasha in a double role….One good reason to chase this Dhoom) as she sets Rio’s beach sand on fire with her dare-bare-bikini-peep-show.

Hrithik and Ash make for a smoking hot pair. It’s great to feast your eyes on the christmas-turkey-crispness of Ash in those hot pants and in-shape-bare-belly. She looks cool being on the coy-negative-side. Hrithik carries off the Krrish flavour. This man is a God. Six-pack abs, talking-with-the-wind-locks, stylized body language, fantastic dressing sense and snazzy dance steps are the biggest plus points of ‘Dhoom 2’.

It’s a worth watching movie just because of Roshan alone. This man’s ambitions are unmatched as compared with anyone else around. And he’ll do anything to make them come true. The visual effects by Tata Elxi and action by Allan Amin is first rate. Cinematography by Nirav Shah and Vikas Shivraman is one of the best you’ve ever seen in Hindi cinema. Salim-Suleiman’s background music rocks (Check out the rock guitaring in the train sequence).

On the flipside, the whole plot goes haywire due to the love story between Aryan and Sunehri. I couldn’t help but recall John Abraham’s Kabeer act in ‘Dhoom’. He was a different kinda thief. But he was focused. As a viewer you sympathized with his end and yet his character graph doesn’t confuse you. In ‘Dhoom 2’ the biggest flaw is the sudden shift in the story where Hrithik undergoes a 360 turnaround in his character graph and from the most wanted criminal (If he is pulling off crimes worth Rs 30 to Rs 150 crores then he must be the biggest) he becomes a Mr-Goody-Two-Shoes loverboy willing to do anything (cry baby cry) to make his love life happy.

Uday Chopra as Ali impresses with his wisecrack one liners. In fact he elicits the biggest laughs from the audience. Yet, he is given a short shrift. His Baywatch touch-downs with I-can-give-Pamela-Anderson-a-run-for-her-money Bips on Rio beaches are a fabulous sight to watch. Wish we could have had more of him rather than him being an underused-side-kick. Bipasha looks gorgeous (She is a peep-show-factory and the guys most certainly won’t mind that) but her two diametrically opposite roles leaves you a bit confused as to what was she supposed to do in the film except flaunt that made-to-perfect shapeliness.

Abhishek looks haggard and disinterested. It is apparent Hrithik, Uday, Ash and Bipasha had worked hard on their bodies while Junior Bachchan’s puffy look is an eye-sore. Dude, do something about these crucial weighty issues. Right! One of the highlights of ‘Dhoom’ was its music. ‘Dhoom Machale’ became a national anthem. But the same can’t be said about ‘Dhoom 2’. Except for ‘Krazy Kiya Re’ and ‘My Name is Ali’ none of the songs make you go ‘Dhoom’.

Finally, get it right, ‘Dhoom 2’ is meant for the youngsters. And they’d like it too. All the adrenaline-rushing ingredients shall make them go ‘Dhoom’. I’d say watch it without any expectations and you shall have a fun ride. Yeah, it’s worth the hype. Partially…

Dhoom 2: Worth-a-touchdown-to-the-nearest-theatre[/tscii:52fb03b980]

romio
24th November 2006, 10:09 PM
[tscii:1915e093b8]indiaglitz Movie Review

Dhoom 2 - It’s Time to Go Dhoom Guys
Faridoon Shahryar, IndiaGlitz [Friday, November 24, 2006]
Those blue-diamond-eyes make the king of thieves go ‘Krazy Kiya’ on her ‘Dhoom Again’ beats. And that’s not all guys. If you wish to saunter your way into the magnificent world of fantastic babes, brilliant-stunts-n-special-effects and whistle-evoking locations then Sanjay Gadhavi’s ode to Fantasy ‘Dhoom 2’ is meant for you. It would be unfair to compare the sequel to Bombay-to-Goa chor police excitement of ‘Dhoom’. For both are different in many ways. But in spite of everything going right for it, there’s something missing in ‘Dhoom 2’. I am sure you’ll notice that when you watch it (oh yeah it’s surely worth watching).

Alright…When I entered the theatre I didn’t have any notions of watching something outstanding in terms of a revolutionary story idea that can affect the mindset of the country like a RDB or Munnabhai’s Gandhigiri. It’s all about entertainment…That’s the punch line of a film like ‘Dhoom 2’. I’m all for it dude. But when you promise something out-of-this-world, and compromise with your own risk-taking-ability one feels let down. For Aryan (Hrithik) is the perfect thief who can pull off unbelievable heists on a moving-train-top in Namibia or through the skating zone of Mumbai Museum with superlative efficacy. He is the master of disguises and honestly Hrithik looks like a pinch-me-can-it-be-true Dream.

The problem arises when such a dare devil stuntman loses his focus and falls head-over-elbows in love with another thief (also a police mole) Sunehri (Aishwariya). They play basket ball and try their hands with various cuisines while you are left wondering….Hey…how about getting down to some work guys. Jai Dixit (Abhishek Bachchan) on the other hand has good old Ali (Uday Chopra) who has now turned a cop and a pregnant wife Sweety (Rimi Sen in a special appearance) to contend with. He gets down to some ‘Touch Me Touch Me’ groovy dancing with fellow cop Shonali Bose (Bipasha Basu) and Ali oogles himself to death at her sister Monali (Yes guys Bipasha in a double role….One good reason to chase this Dhoom) as she sets Rio’s beach sand on fire with her dare-bare-bikini-peep-show.

Hrithik and Ash make for a smoking hot pair. It’s great to feast your eyes on the christmas-turkey-crispness of Ash in those hot pants and in-shape-bare-belly. She looks cool being on the coy-negative-side. Hrithik carries off the Krrish flavour. This man is a God. Six-pack abs, talking-with-the-wind-locks, stylized body language, fantastic dressing sense and snazzy dance steps are the biggest plus points of ‘Dhoom 2’.

It’s a worth watching movie just because of Roshan alone. This man’s ambitions are unmatched as compared with anyone else around. And he’ll do anything to make them come true. The visual effects by Tata Elxi and action by Allan Amin is first rate. Cinematography by Nirav Shah and Vikas Shivraman is one of the best you’ve ever seen in Hindi cinema. Salim-Suleiman’s background music rocks (Check out the rock guitaring in the train sequence).

On the flipside, the whole plot goes haywire due to the love story between Aryan and Sunehri. I couldn’t help but recall John Abraham’s Kabeer act in ‘Dhoom’. He was a different kinda thief. But he was focused. As a viewer you sympathized with his end and yet his character graph doesn’t confuse you. In ‘Dhoom 2’ the biggest flaw is the sudden shift in the story where Hrithik undergoes a 360 turnaround in his character graph and from the most wanted criminal (If he is pulling off crimes worth Rs 30 to Rs 150 crores then he must be the biggest) he becomes a Mr-Goody-Two-Shoes loverboy willing to do anything (cry baby cry) to make his love life happy.

Uday Chopra as Ali impresses with his wisecrack one liners. In fact he elicits the biggest laughs from the audience. Yet, he is given a short shrift. His Baywatch touch-downs with I-can-give-Pamela-Anderson-a-run-for-her-money Bips on Rio beaches are a fabulous sight to watch. Wish we could have had more of him rather than him being an underused-side-kick. Bipasha looks gorgeous (She is a peep-show-factory and the guys most certainly won’t mind that) but her two diametrically opposite roles leaves you a bit confused as to what was she supposed to do in the film except flaunt that made-to-perfect shapeliness.

Abhishek looks haggard and disinterested. It is apparent Hrithik, Uday, Ash and Bipasha had worked hard on their bodies while Junior Bachchan’s puffy look is an eye-sore. Dude, do something about these crucial weighty issues. Right! One of the highlights of ‘Dhoom’ was its music. ‘Dhoom Machale’ became a national anthem. But the same can’t be said about ‘Dhoom 2’. Except for ‘Krazy Kiya Re’ and ‘My Name is Ali’ none of the songs make you go ‘Dhoom’.

Finally, get it right, ‘Dhoom 2’ is meant for the youngsters. And they’d like it too. All the adrenaline-rushing ingredients shall make them go ‘Dhoom’. I’d say watch it without any expectations and you shall have a fun ride. Yeah, it’s worth the hype. Partially…

Dhoom 2: Worth-a-touchdown-to-the-nearest-theatre

Star Rating: ***

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/review/8319.html[/tscii:1915e093b8]

kb
24th November 2006, 11:20 PM
dhoom again.. extra few seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2CWileAV4

imsai
25th November 2006, 12:46 AM
Hrithik's multi-talents, commitments and dedication are unrivalled.

imsai
25th November 2006, 12:48 AM

Looks like DHOOM II is gonna break DON's record without even breaking a sweat!! 8-) :clap: :clap:

Surya, Don's record? Is there any? :rotfl:

Krish and Munnabhai are the biggest hits :thumbsup:

Surya
25th November 2006, 02:40 AM
:omg: :omg: :omg:

The Reviews are Astonishing!! :redjump: :redjump:

Already a BLOCKBUSTER BABY!!! :boo: :boo: :redjump: :bluejump: :bluejump:

Looks like it beat the CRAP out of DON :lol2:

The Reviews for DHOOM II are also a lot better than the ones for DON! :oops:

DHOOM MACHALEYYY!! 8-) :redjump:

Imsai,
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yeah! So that certain hubber who just came in here ever y2 pages to say that the songs suck and that hte movie is going to flop can go stick their face in leftover Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie! :lol:

Surya
25th November 2006, 05:15 AM
dhoom again.. extra few seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN2CWileAV4

:omg: this is the first time i'm seeing DHOOM again song i think...I've only seen Crazy Kiya Re!

HRITHIK!!! :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :yes: :yes: :yes: Just by that promo itself one can tell the movie is a blockbuster!

romio
25th November 2006, 09:03 AM
Don is just a average :lol:
http://www.indiafm.com/trade/top5/index.html

Highest Paid actor in bollywood is HRITHIK ROSHAN now ...The Real King Of Bollywood 8-)

Unicorn
25th November 2006, 04:57 PM
Opening matter illai :notthatway: Its jus the brand Yash Raj which is the reason :exactly:
Dhoom 2 will not sustain the opening :cool:
Mixed reports ! :poke:
Seems like revealing hints of the Ash-Abishek contact initially is the main drawback :?

romio
25th November 2006, 10:05 PM
Its jus the brand Yash Raj which is the reason

then what about KRRISH :lol:

romio
25th November 2006, 10:09 PM
B.O. update: 'Dhoom 2' earth-shattering opening
By Taran Adarsh, November 25, 2006 - 03:32 IST

The Chopras have yet another reason to rejoice!

Their new venture DHOOM 2 has embarked on an earth-shattering opening from East to West and from North to South. The response at every centre, whether big or small, is phenomenal [100%], which means that the first weekend business will be record-breaking. The opening is at par with KRRISH, the best opener of the year and also the biggest hit so far [except Mumbai circuit, where LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI is the No. 1 hit].

The audience response is excellent as well. Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai are being appreciated the maximum, followed by Uday Chopra.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/11/25/8284/index.html

romio
25th November 2006, 10:15 PM
HRITHIK = :2thumbsup: Dhoom Machaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :swinghead: :musicsmile:

SRK = :noteeth: :cry3: :shaking:

romio
25th November 2006, 10:32 PM
Dhoom 2 boxoffice ......

The film witnesses the greatest opening ever seen in recent times. The North is just mind boggling as many theatres witnessed overcrowding and 110-125% collections in Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan. There have been release problems in Delhi/NCR but collections were 100% due to it being played on fewer cinemas. Overall the reports are mixed for the film but the craze and appreciation for Hrithik Roshan in the film is immense which may enable the film to become a massive hit.

DHOOM 2- Trade is jubilant

The initial figures coming in for Dhoom 2 are extraordinary. Many theatres have already declared collections for the whole week as all tickets are gone. It may be premature but the trade is already talking about record gross and for the trade, record gross means distributor share which is 45 crore for Gadar and in order to achieve that Dhoom 2 will have to do an unbelievable 80 crore+ nett. Only time will tell if this can happen but at the moment its celebration time for YRF because at places the film has collected 1 lakh on first day when capacity is just 85,000. The film will break every first week circuit record except for maybe Delhi/UP due to release problems in Delhi. Even the long standing Bihar record of Indian(2001) will go as Dhoom 2 opens bumper there on a record 55 cinemas.

:D

Surya
26th November 2006, 12:04 AM
YEAH!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :redjump:

Leave Unicorn! Intha maathiri ethaavathu sappa kattu katurathe thaan avanukku velai! :lol: Don is just Average, And DHOOM II is setting out to become a huge hit! Athu Porukalai! Vayiru Yeriyuthu pola! :rotfl:

Surya
26th November 2006, 12:05 AM
Indiaglitz.

That the film would be taking a bumper opening was never questionable but would 'Dhoom 2' get accepted by critics too? Now that was quite difficult to guess. And why not? After all it has become more or less fashionable to pan some of the biggest movies down even if they come with good merits. Latest case in point? Don!
:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hence when D2 released, there were speculations around whether the film will get a wholeheartedly media acceptance too. Thankfully that has been the case as each of the reviews published so far have commonly agreed on one point - both Hrithik Roshan and action of the film ROCK. Giving the film a certificate of being a thorough entertainer, the appreciation has been more or less fulsome about 'Dhoom 2' being a holds-no-bar ride of the season.

Though there have been murmurs at a few ends about the film lacking slightly in the script department, what one still needs to realize is the fact that 'Dhoom 2' was always meant to be an escapist cinema at its best. And this is where the film scores most!

With a huge opening and good word of mouth after the first day commenced, everything seems to be fitting in for D2 to turn out as yet another huge block buster of the year!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK GOD DHOOM II DIDN"T RELEASE WITH DON!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Ippo kadaicha average run kooda kadaichirukaathu Don-ukku! :oops: :poke: :lol:

Surya
26th November 2006, 12:08 AM
Dhoom 2 boxoffice ......

The film witnesses the greatest opening ever seen in recent times. The North is just mind boggling as many theatres witnessed overcrowding and 110-125% collections in Punjab, Haryana and Rajasthan. There have been release problems in Delhi/NCR but collections were 100% due to it being played on fewer cinemas. Overall the reports are mixed for the film but the craze and appreciation for Hrithik Roshan in the film is immense which may enable the film to become a massive hit.

DHOOM 2- Trade is jubilant

The initial figures coming in for Dhoom 2 are extraordinary. Many theatres have already declared collections for the whole week as all tickets are gone. It may be premature but the trade is already talking about record gross and for the trade, record gross means distributor share which is 45 crore for Gadar and in order to achieve that Dhoom 2 will have to do an unbelievable 80 crore+ nett. Only time will tell if this can happen but at the moment its celebration time for YRF because at places the film has collected 1 lakh on first day when capacity is just 85,000. The film will break every first week circuit record except for maybe Delhi/UP due to release problems in Delhi. Even the long standing Bihar record of Indian(2001) will go as Dhoom 2 opens bumper there on a record 55 cinemas.

B.O. update: 'Dhoom 2' earth-shattering opening
By Taran Adarsh, November 25, 2006 - 03:32 IST

The Chopras have yet another reason to rejoice!

Their new venture DHOOM 2 has embarked on an earth-shattering opening from East to West and from North to South. The response at every centre, whether big or small, is phenomenal [100%], which means that the first weekend business will be record-breaking. The opening is at par with KRRISH, the best opener of the year and also the biggest hit so far [except Mumbai circuit, where LAGE RAHO MUNNABHAI is the No. 1 hit].

The audience response is excellent as well. Hrithik Roshan and Aishwarya Rai are being appreciated the maximum, followed by Uday Chopra.

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/11/25/8284/index.html

Don is just a average :lol:

Highest Paid actor in bollywood is HRITHIK ROSHAN now ...The Real King Of Bollywood 8-)

8-)

Unicorn
26th November 2006, 02:09 PM
Roshans+Adlabs :poke:

Its jus the brand Yash Raj which is the reason

then what about KRRISH :lol:

ajithfederer
26th November 2006, 07:07 PM
Dhoom 2 :banghead: :banghead: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lol:

Stunt sequences :oops: :oops: especially the train stunt and the last fight.........hrithik and abisheikh thottu thottu velyadraangaa....... :cry:

Songs : edhukku varuthu eppo varuthunney theriala :roll:

Story : -----

Comedy : Padamae full aa comedy than.......

Hrithik looks awesome in every frame......but he is wasted 8-)

Abhisheikh is ok......

Aishwarya and Bips : Side dish :P :oops:

romio
26th November 2006, 10:27 PM
DHOOM 2 Winner all the way :D
Meenakshi Rao

DHOOM 2, *HRITHIK ROSHAN, ABHISHEK BACHCHAN, AISHWARYA RAI, UDAY CHOPRA, AT:DELITE,

RATINGS: 8.5/10

Is Dhoom 2 as big as its hype? Does it meet the monumental expectations? Or is it a gas balloon with a leak?

Yes, Dhoom 2 works big time. Very rarely do you come across Hindi films that marry form and content so beautifully. Dhoom 2 is cool, but beneath the sheen there's substance too.

Mounted on an extravagant scale, the film is a visual delight. The film travels from one breath-taking locale to another in those 16 reels, often making your jaw drop to your knees thanks to the sweeping impact it makes.

For any sequel to score high marks, it ought to be embellished with pulse-pounding moments. Dhoom 2 is a hi-octane thriller and the thrills, stunts and pace - vital for any thriller to strike a chord - are sure to keep you on the edge.

Most importantly, Dhoom 2 delivers what it promises: Escapist cinema at its best! Cops and robbers stories never got so exhilarating in Bollywood. Sanjay Gadhvi's film Dhoom 2 does not give you a moment to sit back. With its stylish look, incredible stunts and tongue-in-cheek humour, the movie keeps you constantly on the edge of your seat without any safety belt.

Story is not of as much importance to this movie as individual sequences revolving around robberies. As Hrithik Roshan ingeniously pulls off one impossible heist after another, you realise that the movie is not just about brawns, but brains too.

Sanjay Gadhvi makes his intentions clear in the very opening reels. In a desolate desert in Africa, an anonymous thief, a mysterious Mr A (Hrithik), pulls off a daring robbery on a moving train. After the loot, as he sandboards through the golden dunes with the booty safe in his bag, the introductory titles roll.

Back in Mumbai, Ali (Uday Chopra) has graduated from a mechanic to a cop. He and his senior Jai Dixit (Abhishek Bachchan) work together to bring criminals to book. Enters ACP Shonali Bose ( Bipasha Basu ), Jai's college friend, now a sharp shooter who believes in gunning down thieves rather than catching them. She is an expert on the thefts by Mr A, a mysterious, nameless thief and a master of guises whose real face none has seen.

It is on this robbery Aishwarya Rai is introduced as a masked thief who impresses Mr A. Sunehri (Ash) makes an impression on the international thief and soon wins his trust. Mr. A introduces himself as Aryan and takes Sunehri under his wing.

It is better not to judge 'Dhoom 2' by Hollywood standards. Seen purely as a product of Hindi cinema, 'Dhoom 2' turns out to be a movie that redefines the action genre in Bollywood. And once again it is Hrithik Roshan who plays a pivotal role in stretching this quotient.

The actor just keeps getting better at doing unimaginable stunts. He does sand-surfing, roller-blading, bungee jumping and much more with the mien of an expert. Besides the stunts, he stays in complete control of his character and convincingly brings out the emotional sides of Aryan in the second half.

The movie truly belongs to him. Abhishek Bachchan looks rugged playing the no-nonsense cop but is never able to rise above Hrithik's presence.

On the whole, Dhoom 2 is a winner all the way. At the box-office, the film has already embarked on an earth-shattering initial and with multiple shows being conducted with inflated ticket rates, the film will set new records in days to come. For Yash Raj, who've not only produced but also distributed the film.

http://www.dailypioneer.com/indexn12.asp?main_variable=FILMS&file_name=film1.txt&counter_img=1

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Unicorn
26th November 2006, 10:40 PM
For 1nce we agree on something :thumbsup:
watched this movie today :banghead: :banghead:
All the reviewers must have been sleepin while they were watchin the movie :hammer:
John was way better :thumbsup:
Climax :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Movie can no way sustain the opening :notthatway:
Rotten fruits in silver plate :exactly:

Stunt sequences :oops: :oops: especially the train stunt and the last fight.........hrithik and abisheikh thottu thottu velyadraangaa....... :cry:

Abhisheikh is ok......

Ramakrishna
26th November 2006, 10:48 PM
Is this movie worser than Don?

All the reviewers must have been sleepin while they were watchin the movie :hammer:

Abhisheikh is ok......

romio
26th November 2006, 10:51 PM
SEEMS LIKE ALL GAY SRK FANS GETTING FRUSTRATED :lol: :P

DHOOM2 ALREADY DECLARED AS ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER NO ONE CAN STOP INDIA'S SUPER HERO HRITHIK ROSHAN 8-)

-----------------------------

Dhoom-2 breaks record 8-)
Nov 25, 2006

Dhoom-2, the much awaited movie of this year was released yesterday. Already the movie is creating history in India. It is said that 45% of the seats are advance booked in all theatres in India for the weekend shows. This star studded movie is also dubbed in many regional languages and around 1800 prints were released. This is a record in itself. Earlier this record was held by Sharukh Khan’s Don which had 1600 prints released. Film experts have already marked this movie as the best for the year in terms of box office result and collection.

Hrithik’s performance and the glamour quotient of Ash and Bipasha are the highlights of the movie. Not to forget the dare devil acts of Abhishek Bachan and Uday Chopra in their bikes. The ticket cost is over Rs200 and there are theatres that are screening 12 to 15 shows a day. Satyam complex in Chennai is also planning to screen special shows for the weekend. The producer and the distributor would be very happy with the opening this movie has got. If the first day box office result and collection is anything to go by, Dhoom-2 would certainly break most of the records.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-06-04/25-11-06-dhoom-2.html

ajithfederer
27th November 2006, 02:40 AM
movie is definitely not worth the hype........there are very very few watchable scenes in the movie....... 8-) one among them is the hrithik - aishwarya jump from the mountain :clap:

Abhisheikh is ok......

Surya
27th November 2006, 09:28 AM
[tscii:916b4dbb83]
SEEMS LIKE ALL GAY SRK FANS GETTING FRUSTRATED :lol: :P

DHOOM2 ALREADY DECLARED AS ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER NO ONE CAN STOP INDIA'S SUPER HERO HRITHIK ROSHAN 8-)

-----------------------------

Dhoom-2 breaks record 8-)
Nov 25, 2006

Dhoom-2, the much awaited movie of this year was released yesterday. Already the movie is creating history in India. It is said that 45% of the seats are advance booked in all theatres in India for the weekend shows. This star studded movie is also dubbed in many regional languages and around 1800 prints were released. This is a record in itself. Earlier this record was held by Sharukh Khan’s Don which had 1600 prints released. Film experts have already marked this movie as the best for the year in terms of box office result and collection.

Hrithik’s performance and the glamour quotient of Ash and Bipasha are the highlights of the movie. Not to forget the dare devil acts of Abhishek Bachan and Uday Chopra in their bikes. The ticket cost is over Rs200 and there are theatres that are screening 12 to 15 shows a day. Satyam complex in Chennai is also planning to screen special shows for the weekend. The producer and the distributor would be very happy with the opening this movie has got. If the first day box office result and collection is anything to go by, Dhoom-2 would certainly break most of the records.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-06-04/25-11-06-dhoom-2.html

The BO Result Speaks for itself! 8-) :clap: :clap: :clap: 8-)[/tscii:916b4dbb83]

Surya
27th November 2006, 10:09 AM
Is this movie worser than Don?

NO WAY! :rotfl: Nothin is worse than DON! :notthatway:

Check this out:
http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=9691009&tid=2500416392229553853&na=3&nst=11&nid=9691009-2500416392229553853-2500420156773185811

Look @ how many 8-10/10's it's gotten! :thumbsup: The only flaw seems to be the climax. (that too many still like the climax) Other than that the other 2 hour, 30 mins of the movie ROX! :thumbsup:

There are a couple ppl who say it's bad but their claims are shot down by hundrends of others who say that it rocks!! :2thumbsup:

All the reviewers must have been sleepin while they were watchin the movie

So all the PROFESSIONAL reivewers are wrong, but u are right? :rotfl:

U said the same thing for the reviews of DON also! :oops: :lol:

SO FAR:

Dhoom 2 is a Blockbuster, and has already beaten DON's Sappa Record! :lol2: :oops:

romio
27th November 2006, 10:39 PM
D2 off to good reviews all over
Joginder Tuteja, IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 25, 2006]

That the film would be taking a bumper opening was never questionable but would 'Dhoom 2' get accepted by critics too? Now that was quite difficult to guess. And why not? After all it has become more or less fashionable to pan some of the biggest movies down even if they come with good merits. Latest case in point? Don!

Hence when D2 released, there were speculations around whether the film will get a wholeheartedly media acceptance too. Thankfully that has been the case as each of the reviews published so far have commonly agreed on one point - both Hrithik Roshan and action of the film ROCK. Giving the film a certificate of being a thorough entertainer, the appreciation has been more or less fulsome about 'Dhoom 2' being a holds-no-bar ride of the season.

Though there have been murmurs at a few ends about the film lacking slightly in the script department, what one still needs to realize is the fact that 'Dhoom 2' was always meant to be an escapist cinema at its best. And this is where the film scores most!

With a huge opening and good word of mouth after the first day commenced, everything seems to be fitting in for D2 to turn out as yet another huge block buster of the year!

Surya
28th November 2006, 12:47 AM

:yes: :exactly: 8-)

MADDY
28th November 2006, 08:47 PM
is it really worth watching guys??? :roll: ......anyways, this movies' success is essential for Guru's fate as well........Abhishek will be in good form by the time Guru comes out.... :D

romio
28th November 2006, 10:56 PM
VERDICT IS OUT

romio
Chennai box-office- (Nov 24-26)

Dhoom-2 zooms ahead all over Tamilnadu and Kerala.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14339542

romio
'Dhoom 2' Public Opinion
eXclusive Video

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/gallery/events/10971.html

Surya
29th November 2006, 01:26 AM
I guess that one person said that DHOOM II will flop will just :shhh: and not come by here for a few days! :rotfl:

DHOOM II is a BLOCKBUSTER! :thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

Krrish - Blockbuster
DHOOM II - Blockbuster

Jodha Akhbar - Yet to be released....Quality flick for sure.

Kismat Talkies - Yet to start shooting...8-)

imsai
29th November 2006, 04:10 PM
http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/oct/26hrithik.htm

Clearly Hrithik is the highest paid actor. I've many webistes that concur. Don't care about one crap site that says otherwise :cool:

Munnabhai the biggest hit of the year
Krish is the second biggest hit of the year

DhoomII is set to break it.

Surya
30th November 2006, 12:37 AM
:exactly: Some jealous Jokers are trying to make a certain Possible GAY person a bigger star than Hrithik..:lol2: :oops:

The Truth Is Clear...Hrithik Is The Biggest Star In Bollywood. 8-)

Ramakrishna
30th November 2006, 08:31 PM
Movie word of mouth and reviews are too good. All my friends who saw this movie say the movie is awesome.

Surya
1st December 2006, 12:42 AM
Movie word of mouth and reviews are too good. All my friends who saw this movie say the movie is awesome.

yeah! :thumbsup: same here...It's supposed to release in my area this weekend..I hope it does so soon! 8-)

ajithfederer
1st December 2006, 10:09 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: its a stupid logicless movie with just glamour and glitz......... :exactly:
go for this movie if u want no logic but magic and oomph :thumbsup:
sadly i didnt go for that 8-)

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 12:23 PM
BTW attention ppl who've watched it.
Ive seen the movie 2 times and still searching for the story/plot in the movie :huh: :cry2:
Let me know if u find 1 :D

imsai
1st December 2006, 12:39 PM
How long have you been searching for it? Since becoming a SRK fan? I know it's too sad that your quest has never ended. Try looking into your pants pockets. hope it's a new one with no ootai odisal :rotfl: :oops:

selvakumar
1st December 2006, 12:43 PM
How long have you been searching for it? Since becoming a SRK fan? I know it's too sad that your quest has never ended. Try looking into your pants pockets. hope it's a new one with no ootai odisal :rotfl: :oops:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 01:12 PM
If ur that clever tell me the STORY of D2 :rotfl:

imsai
1st December 2006, 01:26 PM
you watched DII twice, still don't understand it :roll:

as a friend far away from you, I can only pray :oops2:

:rotfl:

Surya
1st December 2006, 01:39 PM
Imsai,
:rotfl2:

Like 90% of the reviews are very positive. Both from my cousins in Delhi and Chennai and the net (Orkut, Myspace, etc) 8-)

And the movie is doing :thumbsup: Business.

What Trouser Pandi Unicorn says doesn't matter at all. :lol2: He said he hated it but watched it twice. :lol: Ithulerunthe theriyudhu...:lol2:

And pls don't say u went to see it the 2nd time to find the story and prove how pathetically u try to dis the movie even though u loved it so much! :oops: :lol:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 01:44 PM
Watched it the second time @ youtube :rotfl:
Songs are other comic elements in the movie
3-4 songs with the same tune and all ear damaging :hammer:
Kodumai :argh:
Hrithik-Ash 1 min lip lock :omg:

Surya
1st December 2006, 02:19 PM
The fact is that u still watched it einstien! :rotfl2:

And pls don't say u went to see it the 2nd time to find the story and prove how pathetically u try to dis the movie even though u loved it so much! :oops: :lol:

....Like 90% of the reviews are very positive. Both from my cousins in Delhi and Chennai and the net (Orkut, Myspace, etc) 8-)

And the movie is doing :thumbsup: Business. A Hell of a lot better than DON! :lol2: Don got slaughtered by Pro REviewers..:lol2: :oops:

But they unanimously agreed that DHOOM II is :thumbsup:

selvakumar
1st December 2006, 02:24 PM

:yes: :cool2: Can't wait to see it in theatres :cool2:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 02:30 PM
oru basketball vilayaadra scene irukkey(btw HR and ASh) :banghead:
Ull like it :slurp:

:yes: :cool2: Can't wait to see it in theatres :cool2:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 02:36 PM
Don was way better.
Much better songs,much better storyline,better narration,adrenaline rushin twists :) and it was gr8 seein SRK in somethin different from the usual cryin stuff like K3G,VZ,KANK
Awesome last 20 mins :clap:
Climax of D2 is a :rotfl:
Its jus bcoz of those stupid critics who gave large scale -ve publicity for the movie @ TV n internet :hammer:
Yet it managed to gross more than 75 cr :victory:
Thats SRK :thumbsup:
Watch for D2 collections in the next few weeks :rotfl2:
Movies gonna FLOP :yes:

Surya
1st December 2006, 02:43 PM
Ur the only one who is saying that DON is gud! :rotfl2: None of the reviers seem to think so! :rotfl:

Poi vera velaiya paaru da..DHOOM II is alreaedy a bigger hit than DON! :rotfl2:

Better Luck next Time! :exactly:

Unicorn
1st December 2006, 02:53 PM
D2 is Hrithiks 16th movie.
SRKs 16th movie(DDLJ) was twice as big as D2 :)

Ur the only one who is saying that DON is gud! :rotfl2: None of the reviers seem to think so! :rotfl:

Poi vera velaiya paaru da..DHOOM II is alreaedy a bigger hit than DON! :rotfl2:

Better Luck next Time! :exactly:

Ramakrishna
1st December 2006, 05:30 PM
Ive seen the movie 2 times and still searching for the story/plot in the movie :huh: :cry2:

:shock: :omg: :lol: :rotfl:

imsai
1st December 2006, 06:18 PM

Come on dwalfy boy, everything is better than a gay aka srk's movie :rotfl:

imsai
1st December 2006, 06:20 PM
Don was way better.
Much better songs,much better storyline,better narration,adrenaline rushin twists :) and it was gr8 seein SRK in somethin different from the usual cryin stuff like K3G,VZ,KANK
Awesome last 20 mins :clap:
Climax of D2 is a :rotfl:
Its jus bcoz of those stupid critics who gave large scale -ve publicity for the movie @ TV n internet :hammer:
Yet it managed to gross more than 75 cr :victory:
Thats SRK :thumbsup:
Watch for D2 collections in the next few weeks :rotfl2:
Movies gonna FLOP :yes:

Holy crap, SRK had to remake Amitabh's classic :rotfl:

He made about te interviews to promote this :banghead: :rotfl:

SRK almost ####ed Kareena in one of the songs :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Arthi
1st December 2006, 08:23 PM
Just now I saw DHOOM-2

Hrithik Roshan's acting/Dance is simply superb :thumbsup:

Rest all Abhishek Bachchan, Bipasha Basu Aishwarya Rai :hammer:

Abhishek cld not compete with Hrithik's performance
Between actress, there is a tight competition of wearing minimum dress & both get the first prize :twisted:

Horrible dressing sense :evil:

Aish is not able to carry herself comfortably in revealing outfits.

We can watch the picture for Hrithik. :D & only for him :D

Arthi
1st December 2006, 08:27 PM

:omg: Same here

One more thing that disturbing me is...
How a policemen from other country cld stay for 6 months in another country(Fuji Islands) & that too on duty :roll: & & waiting for the next robbery :wink: :shock: :o
I can't understand this.
A very big hole in logic :x

ajithfederer
1st December 2006, 09:03 PM
Unicorn and artee u forgot to say abt the POOOCCCCHEEEEEEE scene when they steal at the end :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

Bipasha as a Police and Bipasha sister as a Brazilian ........ :lol: :lol:
(Dumbest characters).......Just to show her in Bikini :oops: :oops:

Basketball scenes.......another laugh riot......... :lol:

overall no story no logic ........... :cry: Ithu blockbuster :rotfl2: :rotfl: god please help :cry:

ajithfederer
1st December 2006, 09:08 PM
even the director should be searching for it :banghead:

BTW attention ppl who've watched it.
Let me know if u find 1 :D

romio
1st December 2006, 10:23 PM
'Dhoom 2' mania grips nation! :D

The mood within the industry was anything but upbeat after two big-budget ventures, JAAN-E-MANN and UMRAO JAAN, sank without a trace. But the immediate releases brought ample cheer… VIVAH is a hit; in some circuits, super-hit. APNA SAPNA MONEY MONEY is a success story as well. CASINO ROYALE, the new Bond movie, ranks amongst the most successful foreign films in India. And now the stupendous business of DHOOM 2… Really, it couldn’t get better!

There was unquestionable elation as a result of the staggering opening of DHOOM 2 at the domestic box-office and also beyond the shores of India [read the ‘Overseas’ report]. The film had a record-shattering start everywhere, deflating the rest of the marketplace [except VIVAH] and effectively rewriting the box-office record book.

Not just big centres, even smaller stations embraced the film with rare enthusiasm. You would find this hard to believe, but the management of certain theatres were compelled to call the police to control the unmanageable crowd -- such was the DHOOM 2 effect. Also, the film set first-day records at several stations, including places where ‘House Full’ boards are a rarity. In Mumbai, the first week figures are expected to be gigantic because of the record number of shows [16/18/20/21 shows at multiplexes] every single day, also due to cent per cent occupancy and also thanks to the inflated ticket rates.

It’s the same story everywhere! At Maharashtra, Gujarat, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab, DHOOM 2 has hit the jackpot, registering record collections at almost every theatre. The first week billing is expected to be at an all-time high, with Yash Raj laughing all the way to the bank… yet again. Like this writer pointed out in the review of the film, DHOOM 2 easily ranks amongst Yash Raj’s biggest hits!

The collections did slide downwards on Tuesday, but the drop wasn’t drastic or alarming by any standards. The drop can be attributed to the excessive prints in circulation also. Like, for instance, at a station where a maximum of one print is the requirement, Yash Raj has released the film at two/three theatres. That’s an excellent strategy to accumulate as much as you can in the initial weeks itself. Resultantly, the shares from every station are bound to be huge, enormous and mammoth.

In a nutshell, DHOOM 2 is an upturn in fortunes and if the remaining heavyweights of 2006 [BAABUL, KABUL EXPRESS and BHAGAM BHAG] mirror its opening, the season will be more than salvaged.

For stupid Khan fans :twisted: :lol:

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/12/01/8323/index.html

romio
1st December 2006, 10:24 PM
B.O. update: ‘Dhoom 2’ Yash Raj’s biggest opener
By Taran Adarsh, December 1, 2006 - 12:18 IST

DHOOM 2 is on a record-breaking spree. The first week collections have started pouring in and the results clearly prove that it’s Yash Raj’s biggest opener to date. As of now, this writer has received the collections of four circuits -- Mumbai, East Punjab, C.P. Berar and C.I. and the first week figures are out of the world!

Meanwhile, DHOOM 2 is rock-steady on the first day of second week [Friday, 1st December] and the second weekend is expected to be excellent yet again. However, Yash Raj and PVR haven’t reached a consensus yet, which means that the film is not playing at the multiplexes for the second week now. While the multiplexes may have lost out on footfalls, Yash Raj too has lost out on substantial revenue [approx. Rs. 2 crores] due to this reason.

Meanwhile, Rajshri’s VIVAH has emerged a very big hit everywhere.

:D :wink:

romio
1st December 2006, 10:25 PM
Verdict is out

Surya
2nd December 2006, 12:53 AM
[tscii:e51d0148ba]
'Dhoom 2' mania grips nation! :D

The mood within the industry was anything but upbeat after two big-budget ventures, JAAN-E-MANN and UMRAO JAAN, sank without a trace. But the immediate releases brought ample cheer… VIVAH is a hit; in some circuits, super-hit. APNA SAPNA MONEY MONEY is a success story as well. CASINO ROYALE, the new Bond movie, ranks amongst the most successful foreign films in India. And now the stupendous business of DHOOM 2… Really, it couldn’t get better!

There was unquestionable elation as a result of the staggering opening of DHOOM 2 at the domestic box-office and also beyond the shores of India [read the ‘Overseas’ report]. The film had a record-shattering start everywhere, deflating the rest of the marketplace [except VIVAH] and effectively rewriting the box-office record book.

Not just big centres, even smaller stations embraced the film with rare enthusiasm. You would find this hard to believe, but the management of certain theatres were compelled to call the police to control the unmanageable crowd -- such was the DHOOM 2 effect. Also, the film set first-day records at several stations, including places where ‘House Full’ boards are a rarity. In Mumbai, the first week figures are expected to be gigantic because of the record number of shows [16/18/20/21 shows at multiplexes] every single day, also due to cent per cent occupancy and also thanks to the inflated ticket rates.

It’s the same story everywhere! At Maharashtra, Gujarat, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Bengal, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab, DHOOM 2 has hit the jackpot, registering record collections at almost every theatre. The first week billing is expected to be at an all-time high, with Yash Raj laughing all the way to the bank… yet again. Like this writer pointed out in the review of the film, DHOOM 2 easily ranks amongst Yash Raj’s biggest hits!

The collections did slide downwards on Tuesday, but the drop wasn’t drastic or alarming by any standards. The drop can be attributed to the excessive prints in circulation also. Like, for instance, at a station where a maximum of one print is the requirement, Yash Raj has released the film at two/three theatres. That’s an excellent strategy to accumulate as much as you can in the initial weeks itself. Resultantly, the shares from every station are bound to be huge, enormous and mammoth.

In a nutshell, DHOOM 2 is an upturn in fortunes and if the remaining heavyweights of 2006 mirror its opening, the season will be more than salvaged.

For stupid Khan fans :twisted: :lol:

B.O. update: ‘Dhoom 2’ Yash Raj’s biggest opener
By Taran Adarsh, December 1, 2006 - 12:18 IST
[b]
DHOOM 2 is on a record-breaking spree. The first week collections have started pouring in and the results clearly prove that it’s Yash Raj’s biggest opener to date. As of now, this writer has received the collections of four circuits -- Mumbai, East Punjab, C.P. Berar and C.I. and the first week figures are out of the world!

Meanwhile, DHOOM 2 is rock-steady on the first day of second week [Friday, 1st December] and the second weekend is expected to be excellent yet again. However, Yash Raj and PVR haven’t reached a consensus yet, which means that the film is not playing at the multiplexes for the second week now. While the multiplexes may have lost out on footfalls, Yash Raj too has lost out on substantial revenue [approx. Rs. 2 crores] due to this reason.

Meanwhile, Rajshri’s VIVAH has emerged a very big hit everywhere.

:D :wink:

Verdict IS out! DHOOM II is Huge, and belittled DON to the Size Of A Pea! :lol2: :lol: :rotfl:

Maybe SRK fans can look forward to well...whatever the flop is that he is going to deliver next! :lol:

THANK GOD DON DIDN"T RELEASE WITH DHOOM II! :rotfl: :rotfl2: :yes: :exactly:

If it had it wouldn't even have gotten the average run which it did now! :lol2:[/tscii:e51d0148ba]

Surya
2nd December 2006, 12:56 AM
Verdict is out

For SRK Fans who claim that DHOOM II didn't have a story...They should take a look @ what indiafm has said abt DON!

The Soul (Script) Is Missing For Don! :lol2:

romio
2nd December 2006, 04:14 PM
Top 5: 'Dhoom 2' sets new records! 8-)

Embarks on a phenomenal, hurricane-like start everywhere. The first week billing everywhere is simply phenomenal

romio
2nd December 2006, 04:17 PM
Dhoom 2 - Week 1
Mumbai - 6,59,09,745 (Record)

Ahmedabad - 98,21,383 (Record)

Baroda - 18,16,804 (Record)

Surat - 33,70,352 (Record)

Navsari - 3,58,100 (Record)

Dwarka - 1,71,486 (Record)

Valsad - 4,70,781 (Record)

Rajkot - 22,93,683 (Record)

Jamnagar - 8,91,165 (Record)

Pune - 1,49,67,708 (Record)

Sholapur - 4,82,127 (Record)

Nasik - 12,27,260 (Record)

Karad - 3,32,168 (Record)

Delhi - 2,30,80,036 (Record)

Ghaziabad - 83,74,803 (Record)

Allahabad - 4,49,828 (Record)

Agra - 12,00,892 (Record)

Aligarh - 9,95,416 (Record)

Azamgarh - 1,73,494 (Record)

Amroha - 1,20,435 (Record)

Bareilly - 4,70,437 (Record)

Bulandsheshar - 2,16,075 (Record)

Baraut - 1,77,380 (Record)

Bassikiratpur - 1,07,936 (Record)

Bahraich - 2,79,380 (Record)

Ballia - 1,58,600 (Record)

Barabanki - 1,38,951 (Record)

Dehradun - 6,70,869 (Record)

Etawah - 1,35,077 (Record)

Ferozabad - 1,88,730 (Record)

Faizabad - 1,12,763 (Record)

Gorakhpur - 9,17,567 (Record)

Haldwani - 1,92,851 (Record)

Hardwar - 1,44,328 (Record)

Hapur - 3,45,080 (Record)

Jhansi - 3,08,929 (Record)

Jaunpur - 1,53,372 (Record)

Kanpur - 26,49,686 (Record)

Kashipur - 1,05,226 (Record)

Khurja - 1,31,335 (Record)

Lucknow - 28,35,903 (History - Lucknow share: Rs. 23.50 lacs)

Meerut - 8,91,425 (Record)

Moradabad - 4,91,511 (Record)

Muzaffarnagar - 3,00,711 (Record)

Mathura - 3,20,648 (Record)

Modinagar - 1,09,036 (Record)

Mou - 1,29,064 (Record)

Pilibhit - 1,10,996 (Record)

Pilkhuwa - 1,38,869 (Record)

Rishikesh - 2,05,848 (Record)

Ruderpur - 1,25,351 (Record)

Najibabad - 1,13,974 (Record)

Rai Bareilly - 1,31,185 (Record)

Saharanpur - 3,70,541 (Record)

Shamli - 1,89,630 (Record)

Shahjahanpur - 1,76,548 (Record)

Sitapur - 1,90,817 (Record)

Varanasi - 13,46,883 (Record)

Delhi-U.P. 1st week share - Rs. 4.02 crores (without multiplexes. Official statement by distributor)

Jalandhar - 17,80,695 (Record)

Ludhiana - 9,88,861 (History)

Hissar - 8,04,035 (Record)

Amritsar - 9,65,740 (Record)

Rewari - 4,49,918 (Record)

Gurgaon - 4,59,452 (Record)

Rohtak - 4,23,241 (Record)

Pathankot - 3,46,040 (Record)

Karnal - 2,88,794 (Record)

Yamuna Nagar - 2,54,210 (Record)

East Punjab 1st week share - Rs. 1.67 crores (without multiplexes of Gurgaon and Faridabad. Official statement by distributor)

Nagpur - 42,67,354 (Record)

Amravati - 4,27,954 (Record)

Akola - 5,87,544 (Record)

Bhilai - 6,75,507 (Record)

Durg - 5,35,298 (Record)

Raipur - 7,55,763 (Record)

Jabalpur - 5,97,678 (Record)

Chandrapur - 4,32,243 (Record)

Jalgaon - 4,19,510 (Record)

Rajnandgaon - 1,97,203 (Record)

Bhandara - 1,09,494 (Record)

Gondia - 2,06,373 (Record)

Wardha - 3,37,604 (Record)

Yavatmal - 2,72,848 (Record)

Paratwada - 1,13,582 (Record)

Sagar - 1,06,151 (Record)

Ballarsha - 1,53,000 (Record)

Karanja - 90,474 (Record)

Indore - 38,10,740 (Record)

Sehore - 2,52,880 (all shows full)

Guna - 1,82,503 (Record)

Ashta - 74,249 (Record)

Chennai - 3,45,462 (Record)

Ernakulam - 15,20,277 (Record)

Calicut - 1,86,264 (2 dy./Record)

Trivandrum - 6,76,372 (Record)

Kottayam - 4,35,004 (Record)

Alleppey - 2,17,256 (Record)

Trichur - 4,31,354 (Record)

Attingal - 1,25,503 (Record)

Tellicherry - 2,86,250 (Record)

Cannanore - 3,56,306 (Record)

Kasargod - 1,93,268 (Record)

Kothamangalam - 3,33,965 (Record)

Shornur - 3,12,680 (Record)

Tirur - 3,36,067 (Record)

Kanhangad - 1,37,005 (Record)

(Average per print:7,67,313)

srk sissy boys run run :irked: :shaking:

http://www.indiafm.com/trade/domestic_boxoffice/index.html

romio
2nd December 2006, 04:18 PM
Surya Bhai :victory: :smokesmile:

great
2nd December 2006, 11:36 PM
Obscenity case filed against Ash and Hrithik

December 02, 2006 20:24 IST

A case has been filed against Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai and actor Hrithik Roshan for an alleged obscene sequence in their recently released film Dhoom-2.

The case was filed in the court of judicial magistrate first class R K Batham by advocate Shailendra Dwivedi under Sections 292 (vulgarity) and 509 (derogatory to women) of the Indian Penal Code.

The complainant has alleged that women felt offended after watching the scene and it promoted vulgarity in society, especially among the youth.

The court has fixed December 11 for recording evidence in the case.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/dec/02dhoom.htm

Ramakrishna
2nd December 2006, 11:40 PM

A case has been filed against Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai and actor Hrithik Roshan for an alleged obscene sequence in their recently released film Dhoom-2.

The case was filed in the court of judicial magistrate first class R K Batham by advocate Shailendra Dwivedi under Sections 292 (vulgarity) and 509 (derogatory to women) of the Indian Penal Code.

The complainant has alleged that women felt offended after watching the scene and it promoted vulgarity in society, especially among the youth.

rasanai ketta loosunga :oops:

Surya
3rd December 2006, 02:29 AM

Why r these ppl in Denial? :rotfl:

Surya
3rd December 2006, 02:30 AM
Dhoom 2 - Week 1
Mumbai - 6,59,09,745 (Record)

Ahmedabad - 98,21,383 (Record)

Baroda - 18,16,804 (Record)

Surat - 33,70,352 (Record)

Navsari - 3,58,100 (Record)

Dwarka - 1,71,486 (Record)

Valsad - 4,70,781 (Record)

Rajkot - 22,93,683 (Record)

Jamnagar - 8,91,165 (Record)

Pune - 1,49,67,708 (Record)

Sholapur - 4,82,127 (Record)

Nasik - 12,27,260 (Record)

Karad - 3,32,168 (Record)

Delhi - 2,30,80,036 (Record)

Ghaziabad - 83,74,803 (Record)

Allahabad - 4,49,828 (Record)

Agra - 12,00,892 (Record)

Aligarh - 9,95,416 (Record)

Azamgarh - 1,73,494 (Record)

Amroha - 1,20,435 (Record)

Bareilly - 4,70,437 (Record)

Bulandsheshar - 2,16,075 (Record)

Baraut - 1,77,380 (Record)

Bassikiratpur - 1,07,936 (Record)

Bahraich - 2,79,380 (Record)

Ballia - 1,58,600 (Record)

Barabanki - 1,38,951 (Record)

Dehradun - 6,70,869 (Record)

Etawah - 1,35,077 (Record)

Ferozabad - 1,88,730 (Record)

Faizabad - 1,12,763 (Record)

Gorakhpur - 9,17,567 (Record)

Haldwani - 1,92,851 (Record)

Hardwar - 1,44,328 (Record)

Hapur - 3,45,080 (Record)

Jhansi - 3,08,929 (Record)

Jaunpur - 1,53,372 (Record)

Kanpur - 26,49,686 (Record)

Kashipur - 1,05,226 (Record)

Khurja - 1,31,335 (Record)

Lucknow - 28,35,903 (History - Lucknow share: Rs. 23.50 lacs)

Meerut - 8,91,425 (Record)

Moradabad - 4,91,511 (Record)

Muzaffarnagar - 3,00,711 (Record)

Mathura - 3,20,648 (Record)

Modinagar - 1,09,036 (Record)

Mou - 1,29,064 (Record)

Pilibhit - 1,10,996 (Record)

Pilkhuwa - 1,38,869 (Record)

Rishikesh - 2,05,848 (Record)

Ruderpur - 1,25,351 (Record)

Najibabad - 1,13,974 (Record)

Rai Bareilly - 1,31,185 (Record)

Saharanpur - 3,70,541 (Record)

Shamli - 1,89,630 (Record)

Shahjahanpur - 1,76,548 (Record)

Sitapur - 1,90,817 (Record)

Varanasi - 13,46,883 (Record)

Delhi-U.P. 1st week share - Rs. 4.02 crores (without multiplexes. Official statement by distributor)

Jalandhar - 17,80,695 (Record)

Ludhiana - 9,88,861 (History)

Hissar - 8,04,035 (Record)

Amritsar - 9,65,740 (Record)

Rewari - 4,49,918 (Record)

Gurgaon - 4,59,452 (Record)

Rohtak - 4,23,241 (Record)

Pathankot - 3,46,040 (Record)

Karnal - 2,88,794 (Record)

Yamuna Nagar - 2,54,210 (Record)

East Punjab 1st week share - Rs. 1.67 crores (without multiplexes of Gurgaon and Faridabad. Official statement by distributor)

Nagpur - 42,67,354 (Record)

Amravati - 4,27,954 (Record)

Akola - 5,87,544 (Record)

Bhilai - 6,75,507 (Record)

Durg - 5,35,298 (Record)

Raipur - 7,55,763 (Record)

Jabalpur - 5,97,678 (Record)

Chandrapur - 4,32,243 (Record)

Jalgaon - 4,19,510 (Record)

Rajnandgaon - 1,97,203 (Record)

Bhandara - 1,09,494 (Record)

Gondia - 2,06,373 (Record)

Wardha - 3,37,604 (Record)

Yavatmal - 2,72,848 (Record)

Paratwada - 1,13,582 (Record)

Sagar - 1,06,151 (Record)

Ballarsha - 1,53,000 (Record)

Karanja - 90,474 (Record)

Indore - 38,10,740 (Record)

Sehore - 2,52,880 (all shows full)

Guna - 1,82,503 (Record)

Ashta - 74,249 (Record)

Chennai - 3,45,462 (Record)

Ernakulam - 15,20,277 (Record)

Calicut - 1,86,264 (2 dy./Record)

Trivandrum - 6,76,372 (Record)

Kottayam - 4,35,004 (Record)

Alleppey - 2,17,256 (Record)

Trichur - 4,31,354 (Record)

Attingal - 1,25,503 (Record)

Tellicherry - 2,86,250 (Record)

Cannanore - 3,56,306 (Record)

Kasargod - 1,93,268 (Record)

Kothamangalam - 3,33,965 (Record)

Shornur - 3,12,680 (Record)

Tirur - 3,36,067 (Record)

Kanhangad - 1,37,005 (Record)

(Average per print:7,67,313)

srk sissy boys run run :irked: :shaking:

http://www.indiafm.com/trade/domestic_boxoffice/index.html

:redjump: :redjump: :redjump:

RUN sissy boys Run! :rotfl2:

ssanjinika
3rd December 2006, 03:49 AM
Watched this movie yesterday..and must say WOW!!! WOW Hrithick ! He ate and drank everyone else in the movie. The entire movie rests on his shoulder and he pulled it off. Very enjoyable..of course one must throw logic and stuff which makes the tiniest bit of sense right through the window but still the movie was entertaining. Uday Chopra bugged me a bit initially but then I stopped noticing anyone else in the movie.Only HR was noticeble :P. One thing though..hes very flexible and sometimes his movements are very girlie :oops: .Maybbe he should work on that :P

scotish_tamil
3rd December 2006, 02:06 PM
Dhoom 2 :rotfl:

Dhoom 2 is honestly a stupid movie. Sure the stunts are unbelievable sacrificing realism for theatricality, but...BUT... there is a massive difference between being unrealistic and plain, down right stupid!!!!

I saw just the first 30 mins of the movie and believe me folks... i skipped more than ive watched. I dont know where to begin... i mean... every thing about that movie is stupid except mabe the special effects and knowing the fact that it was not done by an indian dosent help either.

I just cant contemplate as to how people can get that stupid...... and dhoom 2 is the highest grossing film right now, which could mean one thing... A LOT OF INDIANS ARE STUPID!!!!!!

I am sorry guys.... I AM REALLY REALLY SORRY. the direction, acting, and the story is absolutely stupid. The only saving grace AKA-'special effects' done by a non indian is honestly depressing. May be thats why india is backward :idea: Something to think about, hey!!

Unicorn
3rd December 2006, 05:07 PM
D2 finishes with 32-35 cr first week goss :banghead:
Theres sadly some truth in the above post :(

Tia
3rd December 2006, 06:44 PM
OMGGG HRITHIK LOOKS TOOOOOO BUFF IN THIS MOVIE! i really want to watch it! didn't get time this weekend...might watch it some other tiME :D

great
3rd December 2006, 06:49 PM
Only HR was noticeble :P. One thing though..hes very flexible and sometimes his movements are very girlie :oops: .

:? :lol:

Unicorn
3rd December 2006, 06:49 PM
:cry: take a pair of ear muffs,a pillow and a headache pill to the theater :thumbsup:

OMGGG HRITHIK LOOKS TOOOOOO BUFF IN THIS MOVIE! i really want to watch it! didn't get time this weekend...might watch it some other tiME :D

imsai
3rd December 2006, 11:11 PM
:cry: take a pair of ear muffs,a pillow and a headache pill to the theater :thumbsup:

ear muff = $10
pillow = $10
Don = $1

She's smarter than you. She'd go for the fast and efficient Don :fatigue:

Unicorn
4th December 2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.boxofficeindia.com/comp.htm
Kodumai :cry:

Surya
5th December 2006, 03:42 AM
DHOOM II has completly Mudered DON's Alleged Box Office Record. :lol2:

Thank god it didn't release with DON, SRK's Career was saved. 8-)

DHOOM II is a blockbuster DESPITE the annoying repetitive posts by one hubber @ the HuB?!?! :shock: :omg: :rotfl2:

Surya
5th December 2006, 06:15 AM
Another Awesome Pic! (http://www.hrithikrules.net/gallery/albums/Movies/dhoom/Posters/dhoom14.jpg)

Unicorn
5th December 2006, 04:12 PM
SRKs became the superstar b4 5 yrs :cool:
1 hit or flop doesnt matter anymore :cool:
Hes gettin 2 cr for a 1hr TV show and some ppl here are dreamin abt ending his career :rotfl:
Face the bitter reality man :poke:

DHOOM II is a blockbuster DESPITE the annoying repetitive posts by one hubber @ the HuB?!?! :shock: :omg: :rotfl2:

imsai
5th December 2006, 04:14 PM

Despite, Navin's resistance, DhoomII has become a Blockbuster :rotfl: :rotfl:

Surya
5th December 2006, 11:49 PM
SRKs became the superstar b4 5 yrs :cool:
1 hit or flop doesnt matter anymore :cool:
Hes gettin 2 cr for a 1hr TV show and some ppl here are dreamin abt ending his career :rotfl:
Face the bitter reality man :poke:

One hit of flop doesn't matter...but a series of flops do!! :rotfl2: which is what SRK is going thru now. :oops:

The reason he's making a smart movie of moving to TV shows is because his MOVIE Career is taking a severe Beating! :rotfl:

So :shhh:, if u'd like to talk abt SRK more, then do it in DON's Thread. :exactly:

Keep "Gay" SRK Out Of This Thread! :x

Back to Topic:

DHOOM 2 is a BLOCKBUSTER. 8-)

Surya
6th December 2006, 01:25 AM
Dil Laga Na Song From Dhoom II

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1_XKpCvnyHI&mode=related&search=

Semma Picturization! 8-)

Hrithik's Dance :thumbsup:

Music: :thumbsup:

Espicially when it goes "Be Bad Be Bad" and the DHOOM Theme plays in the backgroud while they show the 5 main charecters of the movie! :redjump: :thumbsup:

Theater-la paaka supera irukum! 8-) I seeing it this weekend @ IMC 6! :boo: :boo:

Aandavan
6th December 2006, 08:57 AM
The Melody theatre looks very paavam... sunday evening show, i cudnt even see 2 bikes inside the theatre.. i guess there wont be even 50 inside the theatre... they are running the tamil version...

Surya
7th December 2006, 12:58 AM
The Tamil version is just :banghead: I heard....No one ever does a good job of dubbing, and dubbing flicks have rarely done anything @ the BO..Dubbing flicks ellam Andhra ku thaan seri.

I heard the tamil version of the DHOOM songs! :lol:

Dhoom Majadhaaan..:lol: It doesn't fit for some reason.

yellow
7th December 2006, 03:17 PM
Hi everybody!!!
I like hrithick roshan!!!
His dance and actiong is awesome!!! :notworthy:
Dhoom 2 is running for only one hunk Hrithick!! :notworthy: :redjump: :bluejump:

kb
7th December 2006, 10:35 PM
The definition of a bumper week would have to change from hereon as 'Dhoom 2' has written history all over! If the collections of Week 1 are anything to go by, this Sanjay Gadhvi film is easily en route to turn out to be the biggest money-spinner ever. It may not enjoy a 5 year run of a 'Sholay' or a tremendous stay at the BO like 'Gadar-Ek Prem Katha' or a 11-years-and-still-running film like 'DDLJ' but it is certainly destined to get to the top when it comes to the final numbers i.e. overall box office moolah! What else does one expect from a film that takes a 35 crore opening and still continues to do tremendously well at theatres across country in the second weekend?

KANK record of 28 crore was beaten with as much as a 25% increment which is a feat that promises to remain intact for number of weeks to come. Whether it was a A, B or a C center, the film has created records all over with Mumbai topping with a tremendous 6.5 crores, Pune sitting pretty at 1.5 crore and Ahmedabad boasting of 1 crore. Now let's talk about Delhi. Its total may look excellent at 2.3 crore but it could easily have been in the up of at least 1 crore if the film would have got a multiplex release there. Ditto for Delhi NCR where the film released only on single screens which means that in the end, the film lost out on at least a couple of crores overall!

Hrithik now emerges as a strong contender for numero uno position this year with two back to back successes though Aamir Khan is his closest challenger with both 'Rang De Basanti and 'Fanaa' being critically as well as commercially successful.

Surya
8th December 2006, 12:49 AM

So SRK isn't even contending...:o :rotfl2:

Surya
8th December 2006, 02:51 PM
Chennai Box Office:

Dhoom-2 continues its amazing dream run at Chennai box-office in its second weekend and has netted a whopping Rs 29.5 Lakhs (SathyamRs 12.5 Lakhs, Ega- Rs 6 Lakhs, Mayajaal- Rs 4.5 Lakhs, Tamil prints-Rs 6.5 Lakhs) approximately. It is the biggest Hindi hit in Chennai and may cross Rs 1 Crore share from the city alone! 8-)

Tradefact: BLOCKBUSTER :redjump:

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14344899

Unicorn
9th December 2006, 12:49 PM
Trade Talk-5th Devember 14.00 IST

Dhoom 2 continues its outstanding run into second week. The first week share was higher than the total share of all YRF films except DDLJ, Fanaa and Veer Zaara and its two week share will be higher than all YRF films except DDLJ.

Vivah has found universal acceptance but its business will not be as high as the film deserves due to its release strategy. The film will end up at around 20-25 crore nett but this amount would have been achieved in 3 weeks if it had a normal release. The release strategy would have been beneficial if Vivah took time to pick up but the film picked up from the second day itself. The film has had a much larger universal acceptance than a film like Malamaal Weekly but is unlikely to touch the business of that film when it should be 5-10 crore higher.

imsai
9th December 2006, 01:17 PM
Last week's movies

The definition of a bumper week would have to change from hereon as 'Dhoom 2' has written history all over! If the collections of Week 1 are anything to go by, this Sanjay Gadhvi film is easily en route to turn out to be the biggest money-spinner ever. It may not enjoy a 5 year run of a 'Sholay' or a tremendous stay at the BO like 'Gadar-Ek Prem Katha' or a 11-years-and-still-running film like 'DDLJ' but it is certainly destined to get to the top when it comes to the final numbers i.e. overall box office moolah! What else does one expect from a film that takes a 35 crore opening and still continues to do tremendously well at theatres across country in the second weekend?

KANK record of 28 crore was beaten with as much as a 25% increment which is a feat that promises to remain intact for number of weeks to come. Whether it was a A, B or a C center, the film has created records all over with Mumbai topping with a tremendous 6.5 crores, :rotfl: Pune sitting pretty at 1.5 crore and Ahmedabad boasting of 1 crore. Now let's talk about Delhi. Its total may look excellent at 2.3 crore but it could easily have been in the up of at least 1 crore if the film would have got a multiplex release there. Ditto for Delhi NCR where the film released only on single screens which means that in the end, the film lost out on at least a couple of crores overall!

Hrithik now emerges as a strong contender for numero uno position this year with two back to back successes though Aamir Khan is his closest challenger with both 'Rang De Basanti and 'Fanaa' being critically as well as commercially successful. Yes. You two rock. Let's get rid of the pretender.

imsai
9th December 2006, 01:30 PM

He can no longer challenge the Hrithik Mania :)

kb
9th December 2006, 10:46 PM
hrithik has gud physique,dance ,face extra.

but he cant create a lover boy image like shahrukh that may be both positive and negative :D

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 11:48 PM

but he cant create a lover boy image like shahrukh that may be both positive and negative :D

Sereengo Opiceecer :roll:

Surya
10th December 2006, 01:56 AM

He can do anything...he just hasn't taken up a typical SRK role yet..

Lets see...I think Kismat Talkies will be like that! :thumbsup:

Surya
10th December 2006, 01:56 AM

He can no longer challenge the Hrithik Mania :)

:exactly: 8-)

nickraman
10th December 2006, 01:59 AM
So can we finally say that Hrithik-getting hits cause of papa roshan curse is broken?

Or shall we wait til Jodha-Akbar?

Surya
10th December 2006, 02:35 AM
So can we finally say that Hrithik-getting hits cause of papa roshan curse is broken?

Or shall we wait til Jodha-Akbar?

Jodha Akhbar has an excellent theme...but a lot of these type movies haven't really worked in Bollywood...

Devdas, Ashoka, Paheli etc....I'm a bit skeptical on it...I'm sure taht Jodha Akhbar will be critically acclaimed...but lets hope the best for it's BO...I think Kismat Talkies will be awesome..:thumbsup: Hrithik and Kareena again! :notworthy:

Surya
10th December 2006, 03:00 AM
HRITHIK MANIA BABY!!!! :boo: :boo:

http://img469.imageshack.us/img469/4075/dhoomwallhrithik5xg0.jpg

http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bscap0005um4.jpg

Unicorn
10th December 2006, 10:56 AM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He can do anything...he just hasn't taken up a typical SRK role yet..

Lets see...I think Kismat Talkies will be like that! :thumbsup:

Surya
10th December 2006, 01:23 PM
moronic Self abuse isn't gonna change the fact! :lol2:

Tia
10th December 2006, 04:04 PM
BRAPPPPPP BRAPPP! those stills are HOTTTTTT!

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 03:21 PM
http://valai.blogspirit.com/archive/2006/12/11/
:rotfl: :rotfl:

HR says " MY wife stressed that the kissing scene with Aish should be emotional and deep"

:oops: :oops:

selvakumar
11th December 2006, 03:52 PM
[tscii:767502ff06]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-01/09-12-06-dhoom-2.html

Bolly Box office report card - Dec1-Dec7
- A 35 crore wave that crushed the smaller ones.
Dec 09, 2006

The Hindi film industry is at the moment running the Dhoom 2 wave. The movie continues to rule the roost at the box office with 35 crores amassed thus far. As the producers and distributors of Dhoom 2 continue to celebrate, the producers of smaller movies are cursing their luck.

The Dhoom2 storm has eaten into the small market of these movies and most of them are now looking at losses.

Dhoom-2
First to suffer was With love.. Tumhara which released last week and got blown away by Dhoom. Movies which had released earlier than Dhoom like Rehguzaar stood absolutely no chance once it released. All in all, small timers suffering at the hands of the giant.

However there has been a surprise packet which has weathered the storm and stood its ground. Shahid Kapoor Amrita Arora starrer Vivaah continues it’s decent run at all centres. Other movies’ collections are not worth mention, though Don continues in some centres while Apna Sapna Money Money is hanging on for dear life.

In final analysis, Dhoom 2 is all set to become the highest grosser of the year. The scenario may change in the next two weeks with Kaabul Express and Bhagam Bhag releasing. Till then, Dhoom 2 has a free run.[/tscii:767502ff06]

Surya
12th December 2006, 12:44 AM
[tscii:7ccaa0541d]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-06-01/09-12-06-dhoom-2.html

Bolly Box office report card - Dec1-Dec7
- A 35 crore wave that crushed the smaller ones.
Dec 09, 2006

The Hindi film industry is at the moment running the Dhoom 2 wave. The movie continues to rule the roost at the box office with 35 crores amassed thus far. As the producers and distributors of Dhoom 2 continue to celebrate, the producers of smaller movies are cursing their luck.

The Dhoom2 storm has eaten into the small market of these movies and most of them are now looking at losses.

Dhoom-2
First to suffer was With love.. Tumhara which released last week and got blown away by Dhoom. Movies which had released earlier than Dhoom like Rehguzaar stood absolutely no chance once it released. All in all, small timers suffering at the hands of the giant.

However there has been a surprise packet which has weathered the storm and stood its ground. Shahid Kapoor Amrita Arora starrer Vivaah continues it’s decent run at all centres. Other movies’ collections are not worth mention, though Don continues in some centres while Apna Sapna Money Money is hanging on for dear life.

In final analysis, Dhoom 2 is all set to become the highest grosser of the year. The scenario may change in the next two weeks with Kaabul Express and Bhagam Bhag releasing. Till then, Dhoom 2 has a free run.[/tscii:7ccaa0541d]

Inge etho oru hubber "DHOOM II WILL NOT SUSTAIN" nu sonnavaru ippo sound-e illame irukaaru! :oops: :lol:

Surya
30th January 2007, 02:33 AM
"DHOOM II IS A CULT FILM"

D[/tscii:1eba53f4b9]Dhoom 2 is heist fiction, which is designed to make your pulse pound and send adrenaline racing through your veins. This caper cocktail has expectedly caught the fancy of the youth; but has surprisingly found a wider base of acceptance too. It has become the biggest hit of 2006, expected to outgross Krishh and Lage Raho Munnabhai.

So does Dhoom 2, with its leather jackets, fast bikes and bikini-ed babes, qualify as a cult film for the young male?

“Around four months after Dhoom had become a huge hit, some young assistants at the Yashraj office were discussing ‘cult’ films.

Their reasoning was that while Dhoom was a hit film, it wasn’t a cult film like a movie made by another young filmmaker. Their definition of a cult film was one that had a niche, selective audience. I beg to differ. I feel a cult film is one that has a huge following and influences a lot of filmmakers and people.

“Hare Rama Hare Krishna was a cult film because the popularity of Zeenat Aman’s character revolutionised the way a Hindi film heroine was perceived. Hum Aapke Hai Kaun is a cult film because today parents hire professional choreographers three months in advance to choreograph dance items (with family members participating) at their sons and daughters weddings.

“I always maintain that while the two Dhoom films are not exactly path breaking, Dhoom is definitely a cult film. On the third day after the release of Dhoom, there were 20 young guys in the audience wearing a bandana like Ali (Uday Chopra). Today, for no rhyme or reason, you see a bike in every film. Forget others, even John Abraham dresses the way he did in Dhoom. I saw him last night in Babul and he was wearing a leather jacket zipped down in a song.

“As far as Dhoom 2 goes, it’s too early to say if it’s a cult film, but it is a very clever sequel. Dhoom 2 is a universal hit; its appeal is not restricted just to the young males. I just got an SMS from Deepak Sehgal, who is head honcho at Star TV and who was the editor of Patthar Ke Phool, a film in which I was one of the director’s assistants.

He wrote: ‘Saw Dhoom 2 last night — what scale, what great chemistry. The kids loved it too, great job.’ Dhoom 2 has become a family-going experience. For Dhoom, my producer Aditya Chopra had told me that the target audience was the age group 16 to 25; but for Dhoom 2 it was everybody because everyone had gone to see Dhoom.

“If I were to analyse what the 16 to 25 group want, I would put my finger on speed, an adrenaline rush, cool behaviour and the idea of living on the edge. In clothes, it’s short skirts, bikinis. In accessories, it’s accessories, tattoos and all that stuff. But the two Dhooms appealed to all age groups because they are typical Hindi film packaged in a distinct new way.

“If you notice, both in Dhoom and Dhoom 2, there are no peripheral characters and all the major characters are in their 20s. My films don’t have a mother, father or sister … and the audience is not disappointed because I have prepared the viewer for what he should not be looking for in the film.

“The first time I felt that we could do away with peripheral characters was when I saw Dil To Pagal Hai. I was like, ‘Why don’t Shah Rukh and Karisma have families? But within half an hour, I was like, ‘Hello, I am better off without them because I am more interested in whether Shah Rukh will realise how much Karisma loves him.’

“I feel that the audience is far more educated about films today. I did away with mundane explanations in my films — and saved on time, money, effort and man power. The two Dhoom films are like fast trains, they hurtle through slower stations.

“I leave a lot in my films to the audience’s imagination. When Mazhar Khan was asked how he wrote so many diverse characters for Gang, he said, ‘I know the background story of all my characters from the time they were born. But in the film, I choose that aspect of their life which I like to highlight.’ Similarly, I may not have showcased this to the audience but when I had conceived Aryan’s (Hrithik’s) character, he was not a thief who steals to become wealthy.

He does it purely for the adrenaline rush. He is a rich boy who has lost his parents at a young age. He has always got A grades in school and has done a course in computer engineering. He is a well-travelled linguist, a connoisseur of wines, a man hugely into adventure sports.

“Why do I think does the audience identify with these larger-than-life characters? I think, my characters may sound larger than life but they don’t sound incredulous and unreachable. Hrithik in my film is not Krrish who is leaping from building to building, he has made a remote-controlled mini-car; he has disguised himself as a statue after coating himself with white paint. His actions are within the realm of reality.

“So, while I did incorporate characters who were young and ideas which were new, I was confident that their appeal would cross all age barriers.

rookie007
24th May 2007, 09:49 PM
ok...Yes the movie is cool.....but giving A+++ review from eveyr critics shows how stupid they are.....the movie is copy of Ocean 12........