PDA

View Full Version : Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji Ganesan (Part 2)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

DHANUSU
7th June 2007, 06:12 PM
Dear Murali Sir,

You are right. Dhanusu is my raasi.

Todays (07/06/2007)Then Kinnam on Jaya TV was a treat to NT lovers with atleast four songs from his movies (I didnt see the first twenty minutes or so) and high light of the program was "Enge Nimmadhi" followed by "Yaarukkaaga". Of course other equally good songs were "ammamma" and "Naa kaviganum illai". What a variety our NT had displayed during his glorious innings. His songs suited for all the themes described by the anchor.

If i am correct KKD was the first movie KRV acted with NT and only in their second movie "Selvam" they acted as pairs. The later movie,though not much talked about,is one of the very good movies of NT, wherein he looks very elegant. This movie was produced by VKR (he didnt act in that) and directed by, I think, veteran KSG. The story revolves around the horoscope and beliefs. Surprisingly, the villain role is donned by SV Sahasranamam, uncle of NT. The songs are also good "avalaa sonnal" nicely picturised in a dam location, with water gusing with speed, symbolosing NTs mood after he hears the decision of KRV not to marry him. Another good song is "unakkagava" by Dharapuram Sundararajan, a very strange combination, may the only song sung by him for NT.

Regarding KSG though the names of many directors have been included in the list of persons who broght out the talenst of NT, I think KSG does not find deserving place. A quite a few number of movies, with good story line and superb performance by NT, like "Deiva Piravi", KKD, "Selvam(?)" are by KSG. I think I am missing out some movies here.

I expect comments from fellow hubbers please.

Murali Srinivas
7th June 2007, 07:53 PM
DEar Dhanusu,

Normally I watch the thenkinnam everyday night when Jaya TV re -telecasts the same between 11 pm and 12 Midnight. You have kindled my interest for today's episode.

Yes you are right in the sense KKD was the first movie KRV acted with NT but their second movie together was Saraswathy Sabatham which got released in Aug 1966 and Selvam was Deepavali release of 1966, but as you said it was the first movie they acted as jodi.

As you mentioned Selvam depicted the effects of giving undue importance to Astrology. It had one more beautiful song " Ondra Iranda eduthu Solla" a lilting melody from KVM.

This was the period NT became so lean, partly due to the typhoid which laid him off for months in that year 1966. This was also the year he got the Padmashree award.

Regards

DHANUSU
7th June 2007, 08:53 PM
Thank you Murali Sir, for the prompt response and the correct update, neatly given in your style. Thank you very much indeed. Even the opening song in "Selvam" would be very nice KRV running here and there welcoming NT, who will be aboard a plane, returning from abroad, which is shown in some of the shots. In the end she will be disappointed that NT has not come to see her and then the voice of TMS will roar, showing a handsome NT in full suit. I think this is one of the very few movies in which NT acted without hairdo, the other movies, to my knowledge, are "Moondru deivangal, "Nenjirukkum varai" "Sivanda Mann" and of course "Mudhal Mariyadhai". Of course in the first two movies he will be without makeup too, if I am right.

joe
8th June 2007, 07:03 AM
Immortal 'Pattum Nane Paavamum Nane' song -ThiruViLayadal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJhodhw1q4&mode=related&search=

Don't miss the climax of the song :D

Thirumaran
8th June 2007, 09:25 AM
Evergreen Movie Vasantha Maaligai is screening in Abirami Complex. :cool:
I think it is for one week. Those who had not seen dont miss :P

Those who had seen can definitely watch one more time :wink:

rockydeva
8th June 2007, 09:27 AM

yes VASANTHA maligai is one of the best SHIVAJIGANESAN movies

i have seen N'number of times....

joe
8th June 2007, 09:31 AM

So both Ayirathil Oruvan and Vasantha Maligai playing in Abirami complex? :D

Thirumaran
8th June 2007, 09:35 AM

In Place of Aayirathil Oruvan Vasantha Maaligai came :P

m_23_bayarea
8th June 2007, 09:37 AM

One of my favorite Sivaji songs, MAYAKAMENNA! Had the beautiful Vanishree full of romance with the legend! :P :P :P

joe
8th June 2007, 09:41 AM

OK.
This shows Makkal Thilagam and Nadigar Thilagam still rules Tamil Cinema ..Movies like Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban ,Ayirathil oruvan,Naadodi mannan ,Vasantha Mazhigai ,VPK ,Paasamalar has repeated releases all over Tamil Nadu and still attract crowd. :D

rockydeva
8th June 2007, 09:42 AM

OK.
This shows Makkal Thilagam and Nadigar Thilagam still rules Tamil Cinema ..Movies like Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban ,Ayirathil oruvan,Naadodi mannan ,Vasantha Mazhigai ,VPK ,Paasamalar has repeated releases all over Tamil Nadu and still attract crowd. :D

joe you r very much true.... , there are certain theator in chennai still screening MGR and shivaji films only...

Thirumaran
8th June 2007, 09:49 AM
:yes:

joe
8th June 2007, 04:00 PM
This week Kumudam which hit the stands today has Vairamuthu's Badhilgal (a regular feature nowadays) in which there are two references to NT. One is very poignant and the other depicts a realistic NT. Probably Joe can give a link to the same.

Regards

சினிமாத்துறை, பண்பாட்டைக் குலைக்கும் என்கிறார்களே! நீங்கள் எப்படி?

எனக்குச் சில நல்ல பண்பாடுகளைக் கற்றுக் கொடுத்ததும் திரைத்துறைதான்.

ஒருநாள் நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜியிடம் சிரித்துக்கொண்டே கேட்டேன்: ‘‘எம்.ஜி.ஆர். பாசமானவர்; நீங்கள் கொஞ்சம் கர்வி என்கிறார்களே... உண்மையா?’’ அவரும் சிரித்தார்.

‘‘அது வேறொண்ணுமில்ல ராசா... அவர் யார் வந்தாலும் சட்டுன்னு எழுந்துநின்னு வரவேற்பாரு. சுறுசுறுப்பாயிருப்பாரு. நான் கொஞ்சம் சுகவாசி. உட்காந்துக்கிட்டே ‘வாங்க’ம்பேன். அதை அப்படியே மாத்திப் பரப்பிட்டானுங்க பல பேரு.’’

அன்று முதல் நான் எழுந்து நின்று வரவேற்க ஆரம்பித்தேன். என்னை எம்.ஜி.ஆர் ஆக்கினார் சிவாஜி.

-----------------------

துன்பக் கனவு வருவதுண்டா உங்களுக்கு?

பெசன்ட்நகர் மின்மயானம்.

பட்டுவேட்டியில் சுற்றி வைக்கப்பட்டிருக்கிறது அந்த மகா கலைஞனின் சடலம்.

தன் அசைவுகளால் சமூகத்தையே அசைத்த சரித்திர புருஷன் இதோ அசைவில்லாமல்.

மொட்டுகளாய் மூடிக்கிடக்கின்றன அரைநூற்றாண்டாய்த் தமிழர்களை ஆக்கிரமித்த விழிகள்.

ஈரம் உலர்ந்து சற்றே கருத்துக்கிடக்கின்றன தமிழுக்கு உச்சரிப்புச் சொல்லிக் கொடுத்த உதடுகள்.

செங்குட்டுவன், சாக்ரடீஸ், கட்டபொம்மன், அப்பர், ராஜாராஜன் எல்லாரும் ஒரே சடலத்தில் இறந்துகிடக்கிறார்கள்.

பிரபு, சத்தியராஜ், நான் மூவர் மட்டுமே உள் மயானத்தில்.

சடங்கு நிறைகிறது.

சம்பிரதாயம் நிறைகிறது.

கிர்... கிர்... கிறீச்... தடக்!

விசைப்பலகை வீசி எறிகிறது எங்கள் தங்கத்தை மின் குழிக்குள்.

கண் எரிக்கும் அந்தக் காட்சியும் ‘தடக்’ ஓசையும் அடிக்கடி கனவில் வந்து மிச்சத் தூக்கத்தைக் களவாடி ஓடுகின்றன. [tscii:03dbe52b53][/tscii:03dbe52b53]

Murali Srinivas
8th June 2007, 06:45 PM
Joe,

Thanks for the link.

Dear Dhanusu,

You are absolutely right regarding original hair do of NT. There are certain movies in the earlier stage like Parasakthi and Kalvanin Kadhali which also had NT sporting his original hair do. There may be other movies too.

Dear Deva (Rocky),

Welcome to NT thread. If My memory serves me right, this is your first post here, right?

Regards

DHANUSU
8th June 2007, 10:16 PM
In todays(08/06/07) "Then Kinnam" (Jaya TV) songs from movies released in 1957 were shown. One rare song from a very rare movie namely "Bhagyavathi" was telecast in that programme. I have not heard of that name so far. The song sequence featured 'Danal' Thangavelu and M.N. Rajam; some comic type song. But there were some close up shots of NT puffing a cigerette. He was looking very lean and handsome, in the getup of a domestic aid ( I guess so). I hope Murali Sir will be able to throw some light on this unheard movie. The other song telecast was from "Makkalai Petra Maharasi" featuring NT and P. Bhanumathi.

I could not read the post from Mr. Joe. May I know the fonts used by him.

rajeshkrv
9th June 2007, 01:19 AM
கை கொடுத்த தெய்வம்

திரு.கே.எஸ்.கோபாலகிருஷ்ணனின் அற்புத படைப்பு எது.

ஒருவருக்கொருவர் சளைத்தவர் இல்லை என்ற விதமாக நடிப்பை வெளிப்படுத்தியிருப்பர்

நடிகையர் திலகம் சாவித்திரி . இவரை தவிற இந்த பாத்திரத்திற்கு வேறு யாரும் இவ்வளவு கச்சிதமாக பொருந்தமாட்டார்கள் . அடேயப்பா அந்த வெகுளித்தனத்தை காட்டுவதாகட்டும், கோபம் பொங்க தங்கை புஷ்பலதாவிடமும், தந்தை ரங்காராவிடமும் அழுவதாகட்டும் சபாஷ்

சாவித்திரியின் வாழ்கையில் திடீரென்று நுழைந்தாலும் அவரை புரிந்து கொண்டு அவரிடம் பரிவு காட்டுவதிலிருந்து, சாவித்திரியின் அண்ணனே அவளைப்பற்றி அவதூறாக பேசினாலும் அதையெல்லாம் பொருட்படுத்தாமல் அவள் மேல் பாசம் காட்டுவதாகட்டும் நடிகர் திலகம் நடிகர் திலகம் தானய்யா..

எஸ்.எஸ்.ஆர் , தன் தங்கையை பற்றி அரசல் புரசலாக எம்.ஆர்.ராதா பரப்பிவிட்டதை நம்பி, வீட்டின் பக்கமே வராததிலிருந்து, தன் ஆருயிர் நண்பன் பார்க்க போகும் பெண் தன் தங்கை என்பதை அறிந்து அதை தடுக்க முய்ற்ச்சிப்பதாகட்டும் தமிழ் தான் என் மூச்சு, இந்த மாதிரி பாத்திரங்கள் கொடுங்கப்பா பொளந்து கட்டுகிறேன் என்று சொல்லும் விதமாக இருக்கும் இவரது நடிப்பு.

ரங்காராவ்- எந்த பாத்திரம் இவருக்கு வராது என்பது பதிலளிக்க முடியா கேள்வி. அதுவும் தந்தை வேடத்திற்கு மிகவும் பொருத்தம் இவர். குழந்தை போல் நடக்கும் தன் மகளின் மேல் அளவற்ர பாசம் வைத்திருந்தாலும், சில சமயம் அவள் செய்யும் சேஷ்டைகளையும் கேட்கும் கேள்விகளுக்கும் ஆத்திரம் வந்தாலும் செய்வதறியாது தவிக்கும் இவரது நடிப்பிற்கு ஏகோபித்த கரகோஷம்...

எம்.ஆர்.ராதா - வில்லன் வேடங்களில் பல பரிமாணங்களை கொண்டுவந்தவர் இவர்.
சிரித்துக்கொண்டே வில்லத்தனம் செய்வதில் வல்லவர். இதிலும் தன் பங்கை அழகாக செய்திருப்பார்

மற்றும் கே.ஆர்.விஜயா,புஷ்பலதா என எல்லோரும் நிறைவான நடிப்பை வெளிப்படுத்தியிருப்பர்

பாடல்களுக்கு வருவோம்

சிந்து நதியின் மிசை நிலவினிலே .. டி.எம்.எஸ், எல்.ஆர்.ஈஸ்வரி மற்றும் குழுவினர்

ஆஹா பாரதியின் அந்த தமிழ் வளத்தையும், கர்வத்தையும் நடிகர்திலகம் முகத்தில் அழகாக கொண்டுவந்திருப்பார்

கே.எஸ்.ஜியின் திறமை இதில் அழகாக் தெரியும், பண்டம் மாற்றுதல் பற்றி பாடும் போது
பெருபவரும் சிவாஜி, கொடுப்பவரும் சிவாஜி ஆனால் இரு வேறு தோற்றங்கள் ..

குலுங்க குலுங்க சிரிக்கும் - சுசீலா, ஈஸ்வரியின் குரல்களில் அழகான பாடல்.
இதில் சாவித்திரியின் குறும்புகள் ரசிக்கும்படியாக இருக்கும்

ஆஹா மங்கல மேளம் கொட்டி முழங்க - விஜயா தன் அண்ணனாக கருதும் சிவாஜியை கிண்டல் செய்து பாடும் பாடல் . சுசீலாவின் குரலில், கண்னதாசனின் வரிகளில் அற்புத பாடல்

ஆயிரத்தில் ஒருத்தியம்மா நீ - நடிகர் திலகம்- டி.எம்.எஸ்-கண்ணதாசன் - மெல்லிசை மன்னர்கள் என்றால் சொல்லவும் வேண்டுமோ .. காவியப்பாடல் இது ..

கை கொடுத்த தெய்வம் - மிகவும் அருமையான படம். கே.எஸ்.ஜி ஒரு ஜீனியஸ். என்.டி ஒரு ஜீனியஸ்.இரு மேதைகள் சேர்ந்தால் ஒன்று ஆக்கம் இல்லை அழிவு . இவர்கள் இருவரும் சேர்ந்தது ஆக்கமே .. சினிமாவிற்கு அது ஊக்கமே..

Murali Srinivas
9th June 2007, 03:24 PM
Dear Rajesh,

Good write up on KKD. Hope you post regularly in this thread.

Dear Dhanusu,

I also saw the Thenkinnam yesterday night. Unfortunately I have not seen Baghyavathi and this is the first time I am seeing this song also. No idea about the storyline and Mr.Raghavendra's website (nadigarthilagam.com) just mentions it as melodrama.

There was another song from NT movie other than M.P.Maharasi and that was Manamagan Thevai. Again a NT movie I had missed. It was a comedy starring Banumathi and you can see NT with a clean shaven face. Not a big hit it seems and I remember NT's quote about this movie which will be on the following lines

"Angila Padathai Appadiye eduthal Tamizh makkal Yetrukolla maatargal enbathai unarthiya padam."

Regarding Selvam, I too wanted to quote the song you had mentioned. But the lines of song's pallavi, I am not able to recollect. On knowing that NT is coming, KRV would rush to the "Oor entrance" and wait and would be singing. The car carrying NT would come,would not stop and KRV will start crying. There you hear TMS voice and NT (dressed in full suit as you explained) would appear on the screen.

Regards

P_R
9th June 2007, 06:10 PM
Was watching Rajapart Rangadurai this afternoon.
In the Hamlet play Sivaji enacts the famous "to be or not to be" soliloquy.
But the voice isn't SivAji's and didn't suit at all. Any idea whose voice is it ? SivAji's English diction is commendable - to say the least - then why did SivAji not speak it himself ?

DHANUSU
9th June 2007, 10:28 PM
Atlast I could recollect the song from "Selvam"; a solo sung by PS; the starting line is 'Ennadi ithanai vegam, idhu yedhanal vandha mogam'.

I watched RR today for the nth time and for the nth time I enjoyed the movie, especially the song "Madhana maaligayil". NT looks very slim in this movie and very handsome in the duet song sequence. I think he would be about 50 years during the making of the movie; wow! awesome look. Another song from the movie is a gem of TMS songs "Kaayadha kaanagathe". The "aalaabanai" is outstanding. What a high pitch and what a clarity!!

Another highlight of this movie is the "Nandanar" skit played by NT and VKR. The lip movement and body language of NT during the rendition of the song is simply outstanding. Though NT is regarded as the maestro of lip sync and body languages and all his song sequences stand testimony to this fact, his acting in this particular song is really marvellous!!

Regarding the english diction of NT, which was discussed at length in this thread I enjoyed his style in "Paasa Malar", when he speaks with GG during the arguments leading to friction between them.

Another scene is from VV, where he tells VSR "position pona odane possession-um poiduthu" in a typical brahmin slang, pointing to the empty hall without any furniture.

I was inquisitive to know in how many movies has NTs bunglow "Annai Illam" featured. Following are the movies that I have observed.

1. Thrisoolam
2. Annan oru koil
3. Galaatta Kalyanam
4. Gowravam
5. Thanga Padakkam.

May there are other movies, which I am unable to recollect now. My senior hubbers may help me out, especially Mr. MS
His bunglow from outside is very familiar to me, as whenever I get a chance to pass by that side I make it a point to watch the 'temple' that housed the great God the indian cinema.

DHANUSU
9th June 2007, 11:33 PM
I am disappointed that I am unable to read the post by 'rajeshkrv' as the fonts are unreadable. I am finding this problem with many of the posts by joe, sarada and rajesh. Can someone help me out please?

P_R
9th June 2007, 11:45 PM
I am disappointed that I am unable to read the post by 'rajeshkrv' as the fonts are unreadable. I am finding this problem with many of the posts by joe, sarada and rajesh. Can someone help me out please? You may find this thread (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=57&start=0) useful.

DHANUSU
9th June 2007, 11:50 PM
[tscii:e16b263c62]Dear Joe,

Sometime back you had started discussing about stylish songs of NT and do you remember me telling that I will come out with a list.

Actually while sitting at the Kamaraj Hall on Oct 1st of last year attending NT's birthday function, I thought about this.Reason is when there was screening of clippings from NT films, there were some which brought the hall down,some were sombre. I thought what if all songs that makes the NT fans go crazy could be arranged together and I mentally started preparing the list. This was purely based on my personal experience in the theatre. Parameters were

1. Fast/racy nature of songs

2. NT's unique style in those songs

3. Fans reaction in the theatre

And I could come out with the following list. I know, these may not cater to all people but this is purely a list which had evoked strong reaction in the theatre. I have gone according to the chronological order of releases. The period covered is 1958 Feb to 1979 Jan.

As I said earlier some may not accept the choice of some songs but this is purely a list of songs that evoke(d) happy reaction from fans.

The list is

1. Yaaradi Nee Mohini – Uttama Puthiran
2. Kanavin Maya Logathile- Annaiyin Aanai
3. Erodum enga Seerana - Bagha Pirivinai
4. Ponal Pogattum Poda – Paalum Pazhamum
5. Kodi Asaindhathum – P.P.Theerum
6. Satti Suttadhada – Aalaya Mani
7. Neerodum Vaigaiyile – P.M.Paar
8. Thoongatha Kannondru – Kungumam
9. Enadhu Raja Sabaiyinele – Kalyaniyin Kanavan
10. Ennirandu Pathinaru Vayathu – Annai Illam
11. Iravum Nilavum Valaratume – Karnan
12. Sindhu Nadhiyin Misai Nilavinele – K.K.Deivam
13. Aha! Mella Nada – Puthiya Paravai
14. Iravinil Aattam – Navarathiri
15. Yaar Andha Nilavu – Shanthi
16. Ahara Mudhala – S.Sabatham
17. VetriVel! Veeravel – Kandhan Karunai
18. Azagu Deivam Mella – Pesum Deivam
19. Kettavarellam Paadalam – Thangai
20. Mannavan Vandhanadi – Tiruvarutselvar ( Just for the majestic walk alone before the pallavi)
21. Happy Indru Mudhal – O.V.Uravu
22. Madhavi Pon Mayilal – Iru Malargal
23. Adiye Netru Pirandhavl – En Thambi
24. Ezhu Kadal Seemai – E.O.Raja
25. Yarada Manidhan Inge –L.Kalyanam
26. Velli Kinnam than – U.Manidhan
27. Deivame – Deiva.Magan
28. Kottai Madhil Mele- Thirudan
29. Oru Raja Raniyidam – Sivandha Mann
30. Pon Magal Vandhal – Sorgam
31. Oru Naal Ninaitha – Paadhugappu
32. Theru Paarka -Iru Dhruvam
33. Ulagam Ayiram – Arunodhayam
34. Yaanaikoru Kaalam – S.Samalee.
35. Vasandhathil Or(r) Naal – Moondru Deivangal
36. Varadhappa Varadhappa – Babu
37. Devane Ennai Paarungal – Gnana Oli
38. Adi Ennadi Rakkama – P.Pattanama
39. Oru Kinnathai – V.Maaligai
40. Iravukkum Pagalukkum – E.T.Raaja
41. Neeyum Naanuma-Gowravam
42. Inquilab zindabad- R.Rangadurai
43. Nallathoru Kudumbam – T.Pathakkam
44. Neengal Atthanai Perum – En Magan
45. Oonjalukku Poochooti – A.Manidhan
46. Kaadhal Rajiyam – M.Vandhanadi
47. Devan Vandandi – Utthaman
48. Nalavarkellam – Thyagam
49. Velale Vizhigal – E.P.Oruvan
50. Malar Koduthen – Tirusoolam

Two or three songs came to mind after posting.They are

1. Pavadai Dhavaniyil Paartha - Nitchya Thamboolam

2. Pon Ondru Kanden - Padithal Mattum Pothuma

3. Paravaigal Palavitham - Iruvar Ullam

Regards

I wish to add my lsit of NT songs that are too good.

1. Ponal pogattum poda - Paalum pazhamum [ The fast paced walk with a walking stick showing anger, despair and loneliness]

2. Amaidhiyaana nadhiyinilae odum- Aandavan Kattalai [a stylish NT]

3. Aru maname aaru- Same film [ especially the last stanza where NT with the looks of a saint, in a different walking style;in fact the walking stlye will gradually move from normal style to that of a saint, a feat possible only by NT; in the last stanza he picks up some ground nuts, removes the outer skin by puffing them and eats them, a very common sight, but made memorable by our NT

4. Kalleleaam manicka- Aalayamani [Only NT can show expressions by just sitting in a wheel chair]

5. Vinnodum mugilodum - ? [NTs acting would resemble that of a child in the company of mother, especially the 'balti' scene in the beach.

[/tscii:e16b263c62]

DHANUSU
10th June 2007, 12:10 AM
I am disappointed that I am unable to read the post by 'rajeshkrv' as the fonts are unreadable. I am finding this problem with many of the posts by joe, sarada and rajesh. Can someone help me out please? You may find this thread (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=57&start=0) useful.

Thanks Mr. Prabhu for the info. I tried all the fonts in the link but in vain. I am still unable to read the post from rajeshkrv.

joe
10th June 2007, 08:32 AM
Danusu,
If you are using IE ,just go to browser menu ,View-encoding and choose unicode(UTF-8),since all my posts are in unicode.

ragasuda
11th June 2007, 01:05 AM
Anaivarukkum Vanakkam,
Nadigar Thilagatthin Theevira Rasigan endra muraiyilum, www.nadigarthilagam.com endra inaiya dalathai samarpithavan endra panivaana adhae samayathil perumaiyana muraiyilum, ennai arimuga paduthikkolvadil perumai padugiraen. Palveru kaelvigal, palveru thagavalgal, NT yai patri pagirndhu kolla vendi ullana. Kalam neram varum bodhu ellavatraiyum therindhu kollalam.

Thiru Prabhu Ram avargal ketta kelvi, Rajapart Rangadurai padathil Hamlet Nadagathil pinnanai paesiyadhu yaar, yaen, enbadagum. Yaar - He was a Professor by Profession and an expert in English One Act Plays. He is Professor Sundaram, nick named Shakespeare Sundaram. If I am correct, He is the husband of Playback singer S. Janaki. Yaen endral, adhu NTyin viruppam. P.Madhavan, Balamurugan ulpada anaivarum varpuruthiyum kooda, NT avargal, pinnani paesa chonnargal. Karanam. Professor Sundaram was a specialist in One Act Plays, particularly Shakespeare. Adhanal avarae paesa vaendum endru viruppappattaar NT. Idhu dhan karanam.

I convey my vanakkam to every one. Please every body let me know your remark on my web site. Of course, I have been reading all the postings and had frequent contact with Mr. Murali Srinivas.

Please excuse me for the long posting.

With regards,

Yen uyilum maelaana Thamizh Perungudi Makkalukku en vanakkathai koori mudikkiraen.
Nandri.
V. Raghavendran

ragasuda
11th June 2007, 06:14 AM
excuse me for interference once again There may be some wrong interpretation. Please read my reply for why there was a dubbing voice with a break. En Endraal endru thodangum badhilai, idai veli vittu padikkavum. Adhan porul pinnani paesa vaitthadu en enbadagum. Very porul vandaal mannikkavum.
Nandri.
V. Raghavendran

ragasuda
11th June 2007, 06:16 AM
Once again.
It should be vaeru porul & not very porul. Pl. forgive my fingering.
V. Raghavendran.

joe
11th June 2007, 08:35 AM
Dear V.Ragavendran,
Warm welcome to this forum :D

P_R
11th June 2007, 09:50 AM
Thiru Prabhu Ram avargal ketta kelvi, Rajapart Rangadurai padathil Hamlet Nadagathil pinnanai paesiyadhu yaar, yaen, enbadagum. Yaar - He was a Professor by Profession and an expert in English One Act Plays. He is Professor Sundaram, nick named Shakespeare Sundaram. If I am correct, He is the husband of Playback singer S. Janaki. Yaen endral, adhu NTyin viruppam. P.Madhavan, Balamurugan ulpada anaivarum varpuruthiyum kooda, NT avargal, pinnani paesa chonnargal. Karanam. Professor Sundaram was a specialist in One Act Plays, particularly Shakespeare. Adhanal avarae paesa vaendum endru viruppappattaar NT. Idhu dhan karanam.
Thank You Mr.Raghavendran. Welcome to the Hub.

Roshan
11th June 2007, 04:27 PM
Thanks Joe for posting VM's answers here about NT. It was truly poingant !

Welcome to the hub Mr. Ragavendran ! :)

Murali Srinivas
11th June 2007, 07:06 PM
Yesterday the 10th June, Sunday I had been to Abhirami Mall in the evening. Intention was to see the response for Vasantha Maaligai which had been screened there (Annai Abhirami).

It was about 5.30 pm when I reached there. On entering the complex, on the right side I found a big crowd gathered there. They were standing below a big board which was having the banners/posters of the four films that are being screened there. In the bottom row there was the poster of VM. It had three different NT stills. I also saw some 4,5 people climbing up the wall and after going up, they took up positions and then a flurry of garlands were attached to the poster covering NT's head. After finishing the flower and lemon garlanding, they moved on to the next ritual.

Somebody transported a vessel from the crowd to the persons
standing up and with the help of a mug, Palabhisekam was started. They were pouring milk all over the poster and by this time a group of persons had moved over to the main road and a 1000 walah cracker was lighted and it started expoding with a thunderous sound. Crackers after crackers were burst which brought Police to the spot. A Sub- Inspector asked the people not to disturb the traffic. But the merry continued.

Seeing all the happenings, the SI was amused and he casually floated a question " Ippo kudava Sivaji mela ivvalavu veriyaga irunganga" for which the fans took offence "Sir enga uyir irukiravaraikkum ippadithan iruppom".

A steady stream of people were joining and the slogan shouting like Nadigar Thilagam , Singa Thamizhan, Chevaliae Vaazgha was renting the air. People who had come to the Mall for other movies or for fun world were finding this more interesting.

One group of persons were issuing a notice which chronicled the mega success of VM when it was released first, details of which I am adding at the bottom. Another person was distributing a leaflet informing about the NT website and I immediately asked him " Are you Mr.Raghavendran?" and I got an affirmative answer. After that I had a long conversation with him which ranged from the films to the politics practised by NT and it goes without saying that it was interesting. He also informed me that he had enrolled himself in our hub and had started posting.

By this time, yours truly who had no intention to watch the movie but just went there to see the atmosphere had a change of heart as the mood was upbeat among the gathering and it was irresistable. So I went to the counter and checked up for tickets. It was a pleasant surprise that VM was full before the other three theatres could get filled up. I could procure a ticket for my self and walked in.

I will post the theatre happenings seperately. As for as the notice about VM was concerned, other than giving the basic details of the film, it also listed the centres where VM had celebrated runs.

1. Chennai - Shanthi -176 Days

2. Chennai - Crown - 140 Days

3. Chennai - Bhuvaneswari - 140 Days

4. Madurai - New Cinema- 200 Days

5. Tiruchy - Raja - 140 Days

6. Coimbatore - Raja -107 Days

7.Salem - Jaya - 107 Days

8. Erode -Muthukumar - 107 Days

9. Thanjai - Jupiter - 119 Days

10. Kudandhai - Noor Mahal- 101 Days

11. Mayiladuthurai - Alagappa - 101 Days

12. Colombo - Capitol - 287 Days

13. Jaffna - Wellignton - 217 Days.

Such was the power of VM.

Regards

joe
11th June 2007, 07:14 PM
I will post the theatre happenings seperately. :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:

joe
11th June 2007, 07:22 PM
Murali sir,
I want to know the age group of audience ? How was the young crowd? :)

Murali Srinivas
11th June 2007, 08:02 PM
Joe,

I will say it varied between 35- 50. There were also couple of youngsters seemed to be in their 20s who were very vociferous. In fact one among them was actively interacting with seniors to know where to meet them (the seniors were from Triplicane) and where they used to have a meeting etc.

Regards

Murali Srinivas
11th June 2007, 08:49 PM
VM - Inside Theatre

As everyone who has watched VM is aware, the film after titles (a different attractive pattern during those times) starts with the song
" Oh! Maanida Jaathiye!" and NT is introduced. It was greeted with loud cheers and deafening claps. From there on till the end it was grand gala affair.

People who were standing outside were just rushing in as the song was in progress and people were dancing and moving. Though seat numbers were there, nobody bothered about it and it was like occupy any seat you found good.

After the song the next big cheers were reserved for the Birthday scene (when VSRaghavan used to garland NT) and when NT would reply " Unnai madhiri nallavanga aasi irundha, 100 varusham enna ,1000 varusham kooda nalla iruppen", there were cries of Deivame.

After this people started moving towards the front as the second scene after this one would be " Oru Kinnathai". When NT's face in that close up shot started with " Enn! Enn!Enn!", the crowd with loud cheers started dancing and advanced further. Some had climbed on the stage and people were seen kissing the screen and some were seen folding their hands in front of the screen and touching NT's image. A camphor was lit up and it increased the frenzy. The song was gaining momentum and as I always used to say when the final blow was delivered with the line by the stylish NT keeping his legs apart with his hands on his hips

" Athil Naan Chakravarthiyada"

all hell broke loose and for the next few minutes the whistle,clap and Vaazhga sounds were louder than the film's sound track.

Following this the stunt scene (the only one in the movie) followed and a dialogue before that when VSR would come and say

"Chinna durai; Vandi rediyaa irukku"

for which NT would reply

" Indha Vandi steady-aa ilaiyeda" and his subsequent comment

"Oru Corporation lorry-i kootitu vandhu ellaraiyum alli pottu po" again drew heavy applause. During the stunt, NT after giving a blow to SVRamdoos, would come before the mirror and adjust his hair which was enough to send the fans on frenzy.

The next scene at swimming pool was again cheered because NT would be in a out fit which can be compared to today's Bermudas.
The blue and blue costume with big go go glasses (as it was known at that time) went down well as it always happens.

Then a slight calm desended as both NT and Vanishree would travel to the Alagapuri Zamin and the subsequent introductions of other characters would happen. But with Nagesh getting introduced, again atmosphere changed as it was time for " Kudi Magane" and one again crowd started moving to the front and climbing on the stage started and people danced.

But theatre management people by this time had brought police in and they started stopping people from climbing on the stage but nobody paid any heed. Seeing this police forcefully removed people and started taking them out. When more than 10 people were removed, many went out and started arguing with the police and the theatre people. By this time the song also got over and more and more joined the people outside and we could hear the noise of heated arguments outside.

Then as the movie would become serious with the sidetrack of VKR-Nagesh-Ramaprabha to provide comic relief, there was not much activity inside except for slogan shouting then and now, whenever NT in cute dress would appear.

As film progressed, Kalaimagal Kai porule started and people started coming in and in the second saranam when PS would sing " Yeno thudikindren" the camera would focus on NT and his subsequent Raaja Nadai on the steps with a blue and blue kurtha-sherwani, again increased the decibel levels inside the theatre.

Then the confrontation with Vanishree and the flashback involving Pushpalatha and SVRangarao unfolded and the interval came.

The second half, I will do it tomorrow.

Regards

joe
11th June 2007, 09:31 PM
Some had climbed on the stage and people were seen kissing the screen and some were seen folding their hands in front of the screen and touching NT's image. A camphor was lit up and it increased the frenzy.

But theatre management people by this time had brought police in and they started stopping people from climbing on the stage but nobody paid any heed. Seeing this police forcefully removed people and started taking them out. When more than 10 people were removed, many went out and started arguing with the police and the theatre people. By this time the song also got over and more and more joined the people outside and we could hear the noise of heated arguments outside.

:omg: :shock:

P_R
11th June 2007, 09:41 PM
Interesting post Murali Srinivas. We await the next half.

Was watching Annai Illam on KTV today. Several nice scenes driven purely by SivAji's performance.

In the scene when Devika calls to complain about the misbehaving driver, SivAji pretends to admonish his driver and gets him to apologize. After he hangs up he would start laughing out loud, the driver would laugh along with the newfound familiarity. Sivaji would check him hilariously as follows
(both laugh)
driver: enna saar idhu !?
SivAji: (still laughing) kathirikkAi saar......neenga kaNdukkAtheenga :lol:

DHANUSU
12th June 2007, 07:41 AM
Anaivarukkum Vanakkam,
Nadigar Thilagatthin Theevira Rasigan endra muraiyilum, www.nadigarthilagam.com endra inaiya dalathai samarpithavan endra panivaana adhae samayathil perumaiyana muraiyilum, ennai arimuga paduthikkolvadil perumai padugiraen. Palveru kaelvigal, palveru thagavalgal, NT yai patri pagirndhu kolla vendi ullana. Kalam neram varum bodhu ellavatraiyum therindhu kollalam.

I convey my vanakkam to every one. Please every body let me know your remark on my web site. Of course, I have been reading all the postings and had frequent contact with Mr. Murali Srinivas.

Please excuse me for the long posting.

With regards,

Yen uyilum maelaana Thamizh Perungudi Makkalukku en vanakkathai koori mudikkiraen.
Nandri.
V. Raghavendran

A warm and hearty welcome to Mr. Raghavendran. I am sure his entry will enrich and enliven all us. I am looking forward to more and more information about NT from him and other senior hubbers, especially Mr. Murali srinivas, Mr. Joe, Mr. Grucho, Ms. Sarada, and others

DHANUSU
12th June 2007, 07:46 AM
Interesting post Murali Srinivas. We await the next half.

Was watching Annai Illam on KTV today. Several nice scenes driven purely by SivAji's performance.

In the scene when Devika calls to complain about the misbehaving driver, SivAji pretends to admonish his driver and gets him to apologize. After he hangs up he would start laughing out loud, the driver would laugh along with the newfound familiarity. Sivaji would check him hilariously as follows
(both laugh)
driver: enna saar idhu !?
SivAji: (still laughing) kathirikkAi saar......neenga kaNdukkAtheenga :lol:

Another scene which I enjoyed was NT teaching 'sa, ri, ga, ma pa, da ni' with respect to love, to Devika, by playing the Veenai. Probably for the first time I have seen NT playing veenai, of course in his usual, incomparable and realistic manner. Has he played this instrument in anyother movies? Senior hubbers, please help!

DHANUSU
12th June 2007, 07:51 AM
Yesterday the 10th June, Sunday I had been to Abhirami Mall in the evening. Intention was to see the response for Vasantha Maaligai which had been screened there (Annai Abhirami).

It was about 5.30 pm when I reached there. On entering the complex, on the right side I found a big crowd gathered there. They were standing below a big board which was having the banners/posters of the four films that are being screened there. In the bottom row there was the poster of VM. It had three different NT stills. I also saw some 4,5 people climbing up the wall and after going up, they took up positions and then a flurry of garlands were attached to the poster covering NT's head. After finishing the flower and lemon garlanding, they moved on to the next ritual.

Somebody transported a vessel from the crowd to the persons
standing up and with the help of a mug, Palabhisekam was started. They were pouring milk all over the poster and by this time a group of persons had moved over to the main road and a 1000 walah cracker was lighted and it started expoding with a thunderous sound. Crackers after crackers were burst which brought Police to the spot. A Sub- Inspector asked the people not to disturb the traffic. But the merry continued.

Seeing all the happenings, the SI was amused and he casually floated a question " Ippo kudava Sivaji mela ivvalavu veriyaga irunganga" for which the fans took offence "Sir enga uyir irukiravaraikkum ippadithan iruppom".

A steady stream of people were joining and the slogan shouting like Nadigar Thilagam , Singa Thamizhan, Chevaliae Vaazgha was renting the air. People who had come to the Mall for other movies or for fun world were finding this more interesting.

One group of persons were issuing a notice which chronicled the mega success of VM when it was released first, details of which I am adding at the bottom. Another person was distributing a leaflet informing about the NT website and I immediately asked him " Are you Mr.Raghavendran?" and I got an affirmative answer. After that I had a long conversation with him which ranged from the films to the politics practised by NT and it goes without saying that it was interesting. He also informed me that he had enrolled himself in our hub and had started posting.

By this time, yours truly who had no intention to watch the movie but just went there to see the atmosphere had a change of heart as the mood was upbeat among the gathering and it was irresistable. So I went to the counter and checked up for tickets. It was a pleasant surprise that VM was full before the other three theatres could get filled up. I could procure a ticket for my self and walked in.

I will post the theatre happenings seperately. As for as the notice about VM was concerned, other than giving the basic details of the film, it also listed the centres where VM had celebrated runs.

1. Chennai - Shanthi -176 Days

2. Chennai - Crown - 140 Days

3. Chennai - Bhuvaneswari - 140 Days

4. Madurai - New Cinema- 200 Days

5. Tiruchy - Raja - 140 Days

6. Coimbatore - Raja -107 Days

7.Salem - Jaya - 107 Days

8. Erode -Muthukumar - 107 Days

9. Thanjai - Jupiter - 119 Days

10. Kudandhai - Noor Mahal- 101 Days

11. Mayiladuthurai - Alagappa - 101 Days

12. Colombo - Capitol - 287 Days

13. Jaffna - Wellignton - 217 Days.

Such was the power of VM.

Regards

Thanks for the excellent writeup Mr. Murali. The paalabhishegam reminded me of my personal experience some decades ago.

I was watching "Uthamaputhiran" in a suburban theatre in Mumbai, way back in 1986. When the song "Yaaradi Nee Mohini" started almost all the audience stood up and clapped. Quite a few of them threw coins on the screen. I was stunned by the reaction of the audience, that too in a far off place like Mumbai.

ragasuda
12th June 2007, 11:07 AM
Attn: Dhanusu's query on NT playing Veena

Yes. In the film Vadivukku Valaikaappu, NT has played Veena in two songs - (1) Pillai manam kalangudendraal petra manam kariyaado (a delight to watch, an emotional rendering by TMS, and to breath life NT), (2) Tamil naattu kalai ulagin thilagame also by TMS, same applies. I request all the fans to compulsorily view the song and you will understand why NT is the best in the world. You watch his smile in the song quoted under 2 above. You will be mesmerised.
V. Raghavendran

P_R
12th June 2007, 11:16 AM
Oh yes, beautiful scene. In total command of his expressions and dialogue delivery. Reminded me of Padmini's 'navarasamum' bit in the 'maraindhirundhE' song from my favourite TM.

Was watching SIrkAzhi and RS Manohar in the competition song in Agastiar, the other day. The veeNai is the centrestage of the song, but their acting is terrible, hardly playing the chords or plucking the strings.

With SivAji it looks like he is actually playing it. SivAji also plays the veeNai in the pAttum naanE song in TiruviLayaadal (the fish shaped veeNai). Acting in that song is top notch, you can never doubt that he isn't playing the instruments or singing.

tacinema
12th June 2007, 03:23 PM
Doesn't NT play veena in Deiva Magan song: Kettathum koduppavane Krishna, krishna??

Mr. V. Raghavendran: I am honored to welcome you to NT thread. Your visit and exchanges will enrich us about our beloved NT. Most importantly, thank you for the great web site: nadigarthilagam.com

joe
12th June 2007, 03:47 PM
Hindu -Review on http://www.nadigarthilagam.com by Mr.ragavendran

--------------

A site loaded with info on `Sivaji'

Meera Srinivasan

CHENNAI: Do you enjoy reciting dialogues from Sivaji Ganesan's `Vietnam Veedu' or `Gauravam?' Hardcore fans like you may find V. Raghavendran's web site, www.nadigarthilagam.com, interesting.

In the section with information on the legend's films and co-artistes, browsers could find details on the year a particular film was made, the director, the basic storyline and the role played by the protagonist.

The web site throws up an opportunity for fans to recall characters played by the actor in films ranging from `Parasakthi,' Sivaji's first film, to `Mudhal Mariyadhai' and `Thevar Magan.'

More details

There are also sections on films that reached the hundred-day mark and others that saw silver jubilee screenings.

After retirement, Mr. Raghavendran, who was eager to compile information on his idol, worked for about six months. "I wanted the web site to have comprehensive information on the actor," he says.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/thscrip/print.pl?file=2007050213320200.htm&date=2007/05/02/&prd=th&

:clap:

P_R
12th June 2007, 04:27 PM
Doesn't NT play veena in Deiva Magan song: Kettathum koduppavane Krishna, krishna?? tacinema, that is a sitAr.

kalnayak
12th June 2007, 05:12 PM
PrabhuRam,

What is the instrument played for the Dhavapudhalvan song "Isai Kaettal Puvi Asaindhadum ..."?

P_R
12th June 2007, 05:25 PM
PrabhuRam,

What is the instrument played for the Dhavapudhalvan song "Isai Kaettal Puvi Asaindhadum ..."?
I think that is the song where SivAji plays the role of Tansen, who sang in King Akbar's court. The instrument is the sitar (http://www.rasika.org/images/ravishankar.JPG), it is an instrument used largely in Hindustani music.

Murali Srinivas
12th June 2007, 08:51 PM
Anybody who wants to check on Mr.Raghavendra's choice of Vadivukku Valaikappu can do that at TMS thread. tfm lover had hosted the song Senthamizhnattu Kalai ulagin thilagame and you can watch the same there.

Dear PR,

You echoed my thoughts on Vendriduven song from Agathiyar. I have always noticed that. You kindled my interest to watch Annai Illam again.

Dhanusu,

Nice to know the reception UP got at Mumbai. Just as you said, many hubbers like Balaji and saradhaa who used to post interesting matters are missing for quite some time and the same goes for Jilaba and Mr.Karthik. I have to include abkhlabhi,RGV and saravanan,all NT fans but silent now. Even Sivan is not posting here. (Sivan, anything on NT and his films will do). If everybody participates then that will be a fantastic one.

Regards

joe
12th June 2007, 08:59 PM
Murali sir,
eagerly waiting for VM theatre experience Part II :D

Murali Srinivas
12th June 2007, 09:59 PM
VM- Inside theatre - II half

During the intermission was just loitering in the coffee shop and there were groups of people discussing about NT and needless to say for many it was a trip down the memory lane. One thing was evident. Everybody had come to be part of the atmosphere,
celebrations. As one rightly put it, he had seen the movie many many times and has a DVD at home but still came to enjoy. Another point that came out was the distributor had hardly spend Rs 10.000 as publicity expenses. It should be correct I thought because other than the areas surrounding the theatre, there was hardly any posters. Ad was limited in Thanthi and that too in a small size. Abhirami Mall's ad in Hindu just lists the name. But still the crowds have turned up.

Coming back to the movie, the gala started when NT and Vanishree would go on a picnic to the Estate where the local adhivasigal would give them a reception. When the head says " ayya inge Gandhi vandharu, nehru vandharu,kamarajar vandharu" there was deafening applause and shouts of "KaMarajarin Unmai thondan Sivaji Vaazgha" literally drowned the next dialogue " Indira Gandhi amma vandhanga, ippo RaJa neenga vandhirukeenGa".

This would be followed by a dance sequence without song and one particular step when NT would do a jogging like thing with a single leg and alternating his legs for the lap drew loud cheers. The susequent Rain and both NT and Vanishree getting inside the hut and the wibes between them (would like to discuss this scene seperately) were all building up the mood.

Come the most awaited scene. NT calling up the engineer and he asking Vanishree to accompany him started the migration again. The moment NT started " Paar Latha Paar " , it was total celebrations and anybody who was watching the movie for the first time would have cursed their stars. When dialogue ended and Mayakamennna started, it became feast after feast and the pose when NT in a white and white outfit would hold the pillar in one hand and crossing his right leg uttered "Indha Mounamena" I saw the person sitting in front of me going literally crazy and his decibel level went beyond audible limits. During the interludes between saranams when slow motion would be put to use (comparitively novel at that time -1972), I saw many fans trying to do imitate the slow motion in the middle walkway of the theatre. When the slow motion would come to an end with the reduction in the sound levels, these people also reduced their sounds and suddenly when the saranam would start like "AaDi VaRum VaNna NeeRodai" and AnnAthai ThOtta KaIgaliNal started,again it became high frequency.

After this they took a breather and with the movie surging forward with the turn of events culminating in the break up of NT - Vanishree pair with NT coming to know of the plot hatched by his Mother and Brother. When NT meets his mother and starts
" Paasama, Athu Engemaa inge irukku" the ovation started. The Final blow of the scene " Anarkaliyai sagadicha Akbar Samrajjiyam ennavachu" again would not have been audible to the First timers or Second timers.

Now people knew that two more scenes or two more songs and that's it. People were waiting. Meanwhile the dialogue " Naan Yarukukaga Vaazhanam" would be repeated by NT in two or three scenes and this met with the response " Engalukkaga". (One nice moment during this time is Dr.SVSahasranamam would ask NT
"Enna Anand, Ungalukku Kudi Pazhakkam Unda?" for which NT would casually reply " Enna Dr. Ippadi ketkareenga, Perunkudi-yile Porandhavan Naan, Kudikaama Irukka Mudiyuma" )

The anti climax was "Irandu Manam Vendum" and again all the items started. The theatre people and Police were now conspicious by their absence and so there was no stopping the fans. The maximum sound was for the pose and the line "Kaduvulai dhandikka Enna Vazhi".

Finally Yarukagaa started and it seemed that around 50 people were on the stage and it was left to them to do whatever they wanted. For this song the highest decibel was for the line "Paadungal En Kallaraiyil Ivan Paithiyakaran endru" .

The moment the song got over, it seemed almost all the people stood up and started leaving. From the theatre inside to the entrance it was slogan shouting.

The rituals were not over. A man had climbed up the wall with a pumpkin in his hand and he lighted a camphor on top of it and did a Dhristi Kazhippu to the poster and they also lit a camphor on the floor in front of the poster. Another group went out and again lighted a 1000 walah. Then the Groups started leaving to their places.

My state of mind was completely different in the sense that I felt that I am somewhere in the 60s-70s period, a sort of deja vu feeling gripping me throughout my journey back home.

Regards

PS: Tac and Joe, I knew you would be recollecting the Madurai and Tiruchi experiences of yours. Groucho, outside TN you miss "this"

joe
12th June 2007, 10:13 PM
Murali Sir,
Thanks a Lot :D

Btw,When Vasantha MaLigai released ,I was 6 months old baby :lol:

I am from Nagercoil ,NT's fort even now,but did my college in Trichy.

ragasuda
12th June 2007, 10:37 PM
Dear Murali,
Thank you for taking everybody to the golden age of Vasantha Maaligai. Whatever experience we had on 29-09-1972 (date of release of VM), has been repeated. And that's what NT and his fans are all about. Another interesting info. Mayakkamenna is the first song and VM is the first film to featre a slow motion sequence in the history of Tamil cinema. See you again soon.
V. Raghavendran.

joe
13th June 2007, 11:55 AM
Murali & V.Ragavendran Sir(s),
Though most of participants here are HC NT fans ,we didn't have that opertunity to enjoy the NT movies release during NT's peak period 70's ,since we were just kids .

If you can write more about those experiences ,it will be very much appreciated. :)

sankara1970
13th June 2007, 12:27 PM
Uthama Puthiran

Remember when I was in SSLC in later 80s, one of my neighbour house showed the film-Being exams I could not watch-my sister saw the films with my father(who is also fan of NT) was explaining me about the film, increasing my anxiety.

Later I had chance to watch the film in Tirunelveli with my uncle during vacation and now I have video of the film to watch often

It was delight to watch the film and every time it is interesting and I remember I felt sad for the villain Sivaji who wears mask and jumps into river at the end.

Murali Srinivas
13th June 2007, 05:09 PM
Joe,

I know that you are from Nagercoil which is always a fort of NT. I only referred to your college time at Tiruchy about which you had mentioned more than once.

Dear Raghavendran,

Thanks. But the info about Mayakemenna is not correct. A film by name Anubhavam Pudhumai released in the second half of 1960s, directed by CVR (probably his first directorial venture) had a song sequence where this slow motion technique was first used. This song featured Muthuraman and Rajashree(?) and was sung by PBS.
But that didn't catch peoples' imagination then,probably due to the fact it was an indoor song and the film was in black and white. Mayakemenna made this technique quite popular and it became almost a regular in all films that followed.

Regards

selvakumar
13th June 2007, 05:25 PM
Murali sir,
Read your updates :clap: Great ! Could easily imagine how you might have enjoyed the occasion. :)

I remember you telling that you are pretty comfortable in watching movies at the theatres if not in the small screen.

Adding to that : I see "Vasantha Maaligai" getting re-released in many small towns lot of times. I know that there are several NT movies that are quite popular. But when it comes to re-release, VM takes the lead (atleast based on my perception) . Is there any particular reason for this ?

Murali Srinivas
13th June 2007, 07:11 PM
Dear Selva,

If my memory serves me right, you make an appearance here for the first time (ie) in Part II. Welcome and hope you make this as a habit.

Coming to VM, you are absolutely correct. It has a special place in the hearts of NT fans. The racy nature of the story ( though we should thank Rama Naidu, this being his first production venture in Tamil, for remaking it from Telugu Prem Nagar starring ANR and
Vanishree.) the lovely songs (KVM), the young and cute looking NT and if you could see he will be very casual, all contributed to the film's mega success. I have known many NT fans who have seen it, God only knows how many times. This was a huge success all over the South (another interesting info on the sidelines is this movie had a different climax in Kerala, where the film will end with the shot of NT falling down after speaking with Vanishree after Yarukagaa song, a pathos ending which made it as a huge hit there). It was remade in Hindi also with the title Prem Nagar starring Rajesh Khanna and Hema Malini and it was a runaway hit.

In short it was a universal theme which attracted all types of people. I am sure this will still be still attractive after 5 years.

You are right. There is no alternative to theatre watching especially for the old and gold ones of Tamil cinema.

Regards

ragasuda
13th June 2007, 07:59 PM
Dear Murali,
I appreciate your kind lead about the Anubhavam Pudhumai song. The song was "Kanavil nadandadho kalyaana urvalam". It was actually a post production technique as told to us a group of Sivaji Fans at the Santhi Theatre during the release of VM when asked about the Anubavam Pudumai song sequence. In fact the VM sequence was the first one to be captured live on the camera (using variation in speed of the camera). That is why I mentioned. Any way what you said is correct. Kanavil nadandadho was the first song in the slow motion (sung by PBS and PSuseela) and the song will be a captivating one.
More to follow.
V. Raghavendran.

tacinema
13th June 2007, 09:44 PM
Murali,

Nice to see that you had a fabulous time at VM screening. All my experience with VM was during its numerous re-releases in Madurai, because I was not born in VM release year 1972.

My first exposure to VM was when I was in my high school during its re-release. It was released at Madurai New Cinema and I was there on Friday evening show with my cousin brother, who is also a big NT fan (we both saw another movie of NT Arivaali for 3 consecutive days at Pudukottai - theater name: Brahadambal). Though it was Friday, the theater was full and fans were in great mood (some were boozed!!). It was my first viewing of VM and I am particularly very eager to see NT on-screen. What a clap and whistling, when NT's title appeared on-screen. It was altogether a different experience during NT's introduction: NT in airplane with whisky in hand, singing the song: OH Maanida... Fans were just in jubiliant mood and chanting: Nadigar thilagam, singatamizhan vaazhalga. If I remember correctly, after the song: when an old person in the plane complains to Airhostess Vanishree about NT's behavior, dialog goes like this: Miss, enna idhu ore thontharavaa irukku (not recollecting exact dialog). NT's response: Edhe miss pannakodhu adhai Miss endru solrenga. What a stylish delivery and fans were just went berserk with huge whistling. One thing I am very impressed with this movie: A very casual, take-it-easy and youthful NT. His acting did not reflect any stress at any point and it was delivered in a format that everyone can watch him, including fans of all other actors. As usual, there were lots of noises in many other scenes and during songs. But there are two scenes where every audience so mesmerized:

1. When NT takes Vanishree to his maaligai and conveys his love. What an appreciation from the fans-simply memerizing and memorable.
2. During all song sequences, especially Yarukkgaa song.

As I said above, it was on Friday I went to VM. If this is the response on Friday, then one could imagine about the response on Saturday night show or Sunday evening show.

It was almost a customary during those years that VM used to get released in Madurai every year. Such was the movie presence that VM came back to the same theater next year. This time, the movie was released and NT fans celebrated as if it is a new movie. Fans gathered on Friday to garland NT and put a huge star at theater entrace. This time, I got a chance to see the movie on Sunday evening. The show was one of the exiting moments that I have encountered: All you have described happened inside the theater. The highlight was during Yarukkaga song, especially during the song sequence: Eluthungal yen kallarail, aval irakkam ellathaval endru... Fans were just in another planet during the whole song. Theater experience is indeed different!!

Though I have seen this movie in theater over 5 times, I never get tired to watch it over and over again. A beautiful movie, depicts love story and comes out with the following caption on posters: Vasantha Maaligai - Nadigar Thilagathin Kalathaal Aliyatha Kadhal Kaaviyam. Indeed, VM is an unique kadhal kaaviyam and a timeless movie. A movie that every one likes to watch - not just NT fans.

One tidbit: In late 80s, once VM was released in Madurai Alankar and MGR's Adimai Penn was released at Madurai Chintamani. Those who know Madurai can say that these theaters are located close to each other. There was a rumour that during Sunday evening show, NT and MGR fans might clash and so there was a huge police presence was established in front of both these theaters to avoid the clash.

Murali: During my last visit to Madurai, I came to know that Madurai New Cinema is closed now. New Cinema, I believe, had got some of NT's wonderful released: VM, VPKattabomman, thangapathakkam. I remember seeing (at tea stall) a big photo saying NT visited the movie hall during 189th day celebration of VPKattabomman

tacinema
13th June 2007, 09:58 PM
Regarding my experience in Mumbai. In 90s, NT's paasamalar was released at Aurora theater.

I went to the theater on Sunday Morning around 9.30am. I presumed that I should get a ticket; to my shock, the morning show was full. In fact, all shows on Sunday was full on that day. I paid double the price and bought a ticket in black market.

The Mumbai atmosphere was almost similar to what you can see in Madurai. Fans were in great mood, especially in these scenes:

1. Confrontation of NT with Gemini during the factory strike. Fans went crazy when NT delivers the dialog while sharpening the pencil.
2. Fans went crazy, during the last song: Malarnthum malaratha.

It was great experience watching NT movies in Mumbai.

Another experience in the same theater: During the release of Thevar magan. It was NT's introduction received the most applause. This movie ran almost 100 days at Aurora.

joe
13th June 2007, 10:00 PM
Tacinema,
aaha..ahaa..padikka padikka romba santhoshama irukku :D

sankara1970
14th June 2007, 04:10 PM
VM-Richness and popular songs, NTs mannerisms attracted the viewers. The film had everything to give to the viewers.

I remember Ooty Varai Uravu in re-releases in mid 80s ran for two weeks in Tirunelveli.

Thirisulam, I heard ran 100 days in Trichy during its re-release, is it true?

sivank
14th June 2007, 10:50 PM
Murali,

naan eppavo VM paarthen neenga ennai adhukku marupadiyum azhaithu poittenga. Thank you very much.

Thanks for the nice website Mr. Ragavendran.

ragasuda
14th June 2007, 11:34 PM
Oru oorilae pala raajaakkal irundhanga. Aalaalukku naattaamai panni andha orai kuttichuvarakka kanganam kattikkittu alainchaanga. Oraey oru raaja mattum konjam sumaara panninada jananga paesikittaanga. Andha raaja kappam katturadhilae mattumalla, avanai vida periya raajavukku kuzhaai adikkiradhilaeyum killaadi. Avan nilaikkaradukku enna vaenumaanalum seivan. Avanukku thozhil pottiya innoru kalaimagan irundhaaru. Avaru perai sonnaalae andha ur jananga unarchi vasamayiduvanga. Appadippatta kalaignan avaru. Andha Rajavukku odambu sariyillama poyi padutha padukkai aayittaru. Appo avar kooda irndhavanga ellaam avarukku kuzhi parikka aarambichittanga. Appathan avarukku nalladhu kettadhu theriya arambichadu. Udanae namba kalaignan (kalaithayin thavappudhalvan) avargalai azhaithu andha raja azhudhu pulambinar. Andha rajjiyathai eduthuka chonnar. Karanam melidhathi irundha periya raja ivaru udambu sariyillai rest edungonnu oru kootthaileye sonnaaru. Namba kalaimagan indha soozhchiyai nalla purinchikkittu andha rajavukku advise pannivittu nallabadiya veettukku vandhuttaar. konja naallae andha raja setthuttaar. Namba kalaimagan nenaichapadiyae aachu. Andha raajiyathilae irukka manamillamal namba kalaimagan veliyae vandhuttar. Thanakkaaga oru chinna kurunilathai nadathinar. Jananga vevarangettu poyi, nalladu kettadhu theriyama, namba kalaimaganai odhukkittaanga. Adhukkaana palanai ippo anubavichittirukkaanga. Anal namba kalaimagan, thannoda thothu pona ellaraiyum kooppittu, neengallam arasyil vadhinga. En kooda irundhal pozhaippu kettu pogum. En pillainga naan modallae ponalum avannga modhallae ponaalum enkodathan iruppanga appadinnu sonnaru. Ippai naermaiya sonnadhodu mattum nikkalai. Senji kaattinaru. Thannoda sondha paisavila andha kutti rajyathai nadathinaru. Avarodu inaindhu andha thaerdhallae nindra oru vetpalar, andha thogudhiyilae endha endha suvatrilae pracharam varaindharo, adhu ellatthaiyum azhichi, pudhusa vellai adichu andha veettukkaragaloda paarattai vaangittar. Namma kalaimaganum poorichu poyittaru.
Indha kaalathilae ippadi oru arasiyal vadhiyannu neenga kaetkalam. Alladhu ippadiyellaam nadakkaadhannu asaipadalam.
Nadandhadu.
Andha kalaimagan Nadigar Thilagam Sivaji.
Andha Vaetpalar Thiruvallikkaeni T.M.M.Vaetpalar, 1989
Kooda irundhu andha vaetpaalarukku vazhi nadathiya thondan - V. Raghavendran
This is only a sample of what Tamil people have missed as a leader in NT.

tacinema
15th June 2007, 01:51 AM
Mr.Raghavendra,
Very emotional and touching. I am almost in tears while reading this.

Fans love to NT never wanes or dies. A purdent planning from NT side for political run would have easily changed the tamilnade political scene.

Long live NT pughaz!!

DHANUSU
15th June 2007, 07:13 AM
I am yet to recover from the VM hangover. Such a beautiful and sequential writeup from Murali Srinivas. Hats off to him.

By the by, I have been longing for one information. A lot has been written about NTs combination with various directors, but very less has been said about his combination with Dada Mirasi. To my knowledge, he has directed two movies with NT, namely, 'Pudiya Paravai' and 'Moondru Deivangal'. He has also donned the role of NTs father in PP and if I am correct he is the brother of Senthamarai, in 'Galaatta Kalyaanam', whose kid is kidnapped by Nagesh. The credits of 'Annai Illam' show that Dada Mirasi has written the story. I think he was in NT camp, being his aide. May be MS ot Ragasuda may throw some light on this lesser known person, who I presume, hailed from North India.

abkhlabhi
15th June 2007, 11:43 AM
Very nice wrtie up and touching one. I fact Murali and others write up took me to 15 years back where I enjoyed VM with my friends in Banglaore. Bet. 80 to 90s, VM was released on one particular theatre on Shivarathiri Day with Midnight two shows. Every year we used to go two shows continously. More or less same thigs happened here also. My only regret is I never watched NT film on 1st day 1st show. I seen TP on 2nd day. And one of my favourite Thrisoolam I watched after 50 days in Banglaore

arunthealmighty
15th June 2007, 03:32 PM
Just for fun

http://www.toondoo.com/View.toon?param=28386
8-)
Arun.

joe
15th June 2007, 03:49 PM
Just for fun

http://www.toondoo.com/View.toon?param=28386
8-)
Arun.
:lol:

Another Just for fun

http://dubukku.blogspot.com/2007/06/sivaji-boss.html

abkhlabhi
15th June 2007, 05:19 PM
sivaji-boss - old wine in new bottle- not a joke

rajeshkrv
15th June 2007, 07:27 PM
dhanusu,

DadaMirasi was a non-Tamil director i.e from North India

So the people you are referring may not be Dadamirasi.

dada mirasi directed Annavain Aasai(*ng GG,Balaji,Savithiri) which had the veteran hindi actor Ashok kumar doing the role of a JUdge

he also directed Poovum pottum (AVM rajan,Bharathi,P.Banumathi,SVR)

Murali Srinivas
15th June 2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks Sivan,Dhanusu and abkhlabhi.

Dhanusu,

Dada Mirasi was a director who was basically from North India. What Rajesh had written and what you had said refers to the same person. Except for the facts that you had written (like PP and MD), I also don't have much of a knowledge on him.

tac,

Your Madurai and Mumbai experiences were very enjoyable. Yes you are right. New Cinema is closed for many years now. It is a sad feeling for us who have enjoyed many NT films there.

Thangapathakkam was not in New cinema. It was released in Central on 1st June 1974. The memorable films of NT at New Cinema are (after I started following) in chronological order

Iru Malargal

Enga Oor Raaja

Deiva Magan

Raman Etthanai Ramanadi

Gnana Oli

Vasantha Maaligai

Engal Thanga Raaja

En Magan

Utthaman

Annan Oru Kovil

Keezhvanam Sivakkum.

After this probably you should know. I have not also included all the NT movies that got released in New Cinema during this period.

Regards

Shakthiprabha.
15th June 2007, 10:18 PM
Enga oor raja was good. I wonder if it was a hit though.

What about UTHTHAMAN?

madhus369
15th June 2007, 11:45 PM
Sivaji, as we all know has done lots of great roles. Has anyone tried to list the ones where he was seriously abused by the director/producer - in terms of acting, that is...

Here is a starter list, from my short memory:

1. Hitler Umanath (How many of you remember this!?)
2. Justice Jagannath (Haha)
3. Thillana Mohanambal (not the whole movie, just the scne where he gets stabbed and thrashes around like a fish out of water)

palanikumaran
15th June 2007, 11:46 PM
Sivaji, as we all know has done lots of great roles. Has anyone tried to list the ones where he was seriously abused by the director/producer - in terms of acting, that is...

3. Thillana Mohanambal (not the whole movie, just the scne where he gets stabbed and thrashes around like a fish out of water)

whats abusive there....he did well

Shakthiprabha.
16th June 2007, 12:00 PM
If someone gets stabbed, HE OR SHE would suffer typically for life like fish out of water (ITS PAIN) fish out of water is also depicting pain. IT TAKES A BRILLIANT talented brain to visualise the pain and act the same.

HE DID PERFECTLY well t here.

I dont know about his other two though.

palanikumaran
16th June 2007, 12:15 PM
If someone gets stabbed, HE OR SHE would suffer typically for life like fish out of water (ITS PAIN) fish out of water is also depicting pain. IT TAKES A BRILLIANT talented brain to visualise the pain and act the same.

infact i found that scene interesting..usually tamil heroes speaks pages of dialogues after being shot by a bullet...

:lol:

but NT did the scene well

Murali Srinivas
16th June 2007, 05:54 PM
SP,

Both Enga Oor Raja and Utthaman were hits and both were 100 day movies. In Ceylon, Utthaman ran for more than 175 days.

Regards

tacinema
16th June 2007, 06:35 PM
Murali,

I can recollect the following movies that were released in New cinema :

1. Vishwa Roopam
2. Sadhanai
3. Mannukkul Vairam (not sure)

Isn't Utthaman a 175+ days movies? The website nadigarthilagam.com also says it.

Murali Srinivas
16th June 2007, 07:03 PM
tac,

You are right. All the three you had mentioned were released in New Cinema. In fact I saw Mannukkul Vairam opening show. On the previous day (and if I remember correctly it was 11th Dec 1986) and there was a big bomb blast at Madurai Head Post Office killing 2 people. MuKa had been arrested for burning the constitution and subsequently bomb blasts occured at Madurai and in Tiruchy Pallavan Express. The atmosphere was very tense and there was fear in the air. But still we went ahead and saw the movie on the opening show. But Manojkumar, the B-I-Law of Bharathy Raja let us down.

About Utthaman, I have also mentioned the same. As for as I know website talks about the 175 days run in Ceylon. Raghavendran, correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

ragasuda
16th June 2007, 11:14 PM
Dada Mirasi NT combination includes one more film - the great RAKTHA THILAGAM.
Uthaman was a roaring success in Sri Lanka. Ran for packed houses for more than 20 weeks and was a Silver Jubilee hit film there.
V. Raghavendran

ragasuda
16th June 2007, 11:15 PM
Dada Mirasi NT combination includes one more film - the great RAKTHA THILAGAM.
Uthaman was a roaring success in Sri Lanka. Ran for packed houses for more than 20 weeks and was a Silver Jubilee hit film there.
V. Raghavendran

DHANUSU
17th June 2007, 12:47 AM

I think the movie [No.2] you are referring to is Justics Gopinath and not Justice Jagannath.

tacinema
17th June 2007, 12:53 AM
Mr.Raghavendran,

Thanks. It seems quite a good number of NT movies ran very well in Srilanka. Apart from VM, Gauravam and Utthaman, any other NT movies that did good business in Srilanka?

During Chandramukhi's speech, I remember Ramkumar saying CM was the 2nd tamil movie that ran 100 days in Johannesberg. The first one was NT's Thangappathakkam. Can we list NT's achievements in other countries?

In addition, can we list NT's film achievements in other states? I heard Utthama Puthiran and Manohara ran 100+ days in all southern states.

Again, thanks for your contributions.

DHANUSU
17th June 2007, 12:57 AM

Well said; I totally agree with you

ragasuda
17th June 2007, 09:01 AM
TAC
Your query on NT's films in SL. More than TN, it was Ceylon which is still a forte of NT. Pilot Premnath ran for almost an year consequtively in Ceylon and I think its record is still unbroken. Not only that, there was a stiff competition for the song Who is the black sheep and the song "Naan Kattil Maelae Kandaen Vennila" from the film Neeya, for the No.1 spot in the weekly countdown in Srilankan Tamil radio during the Sunday 2.00 p.m. slot. Of course, the song from Neeya has continuously came first for many number of weeks. But SL people have separate place in their hearts reserved for NT, for that matter throughout the world.
Irumbutthirai was also a successful film in TN, but it saw 100 days in KERALA. The subject was an interesting one and dealt with labour problems, handled well by S.S.Vasan. The song "Nenjil kudiyirukkum" is still a delight to watch.
More soon.
V. Raghavendran

DHANUSU
17th June 2007, 11:46 PM
TAC
Your query on NT's films in SL. More than TN, it was Ceylon which is still a forte of NT. Pilot Premnath ran for almost an year consequtively in Ceylon and I think its record is still unbroken. Not only that, there was a stiff competition for the song Who is the black sheep and the song "Naan Kattil Maelae Kandaen Vennila" from the film Neeya, for the No.1 spot in the weekly countdown in Srilankan Tamil radio during the Sunday 2.00 p.m. slot. Of course, the song from Neeya has continuously came first for many number of weeks. But SL people have separate place in their hearts reserved for NT, for that matter throughout the world.
Irumbutthirai was also a successful film in TN, but it saw 100 days in KERALA. The subject was an interesting one and dealt with labour problems, handled well by S.S.Vasan. The song "Nenjil kudiyirukkum" is still a delight to watch.
More soon.
V. Raghavendran

My comments on "Irumbuthirai"

The highlight of the movie is a scene involving NT and Vyjayanthimala. VM asks NT whether he had any connections with anyother girl in his life. To this NT would reply yes and he describes his encounter with the "girl". Wow! what an expressionof his feelings! what a description of the "encounter". Simply marvellous!! I strongly feel this is one of the very best scenes of NT in his whole career. People who tomtom that NT has always overplayed, should watch this scene and I am sure they will hang their heads in shame. The scene is a delight to watch, with the natural acting from NT flowing like a river. Another point to be noted is the noteworthy performance from VM. She has really excelled in this scene, commenting like an average lover, and expressing her hatred towards the "girl" in each interlude through her expressions and monosyllables. After detailed description of the "encounter" which runs for about 3-4 monutes, NT concludes that at the time of "encounter" he was about 9 years and the girl was about 7 yesrs [ I do not remember the ages correctly] and after saying this you must watch NTs face!! wow!! I am incapable of describing his action and the smile in his eyes!!

[After watching this scene, when the movie was telecast in KTV a couple of weeks ago, I could not watch the rest of the movie, as I could not control my tears and was sobbing for the rest of the time. My God what a wonderful actor we have had and we have lost. The comment made by Rajinikanth during the inaguration of NT's statue, that during the funeral procession of NT a man hanging from a tree shouted at the actors who were with the mortal remains of NT that "irundhadhu oru nadigan dhan, avanaiyum konnutteenga". Unamyileye sathiyamaana vaarthaigal]

VM also expresses her relief and "Chella kobam" towards NT. She has indeed proved her mettle as a superb dancer, in this scene, just by sitting by the side of NT, showing all the "rasas".

Friends, I request all of you to watch out for this scene whenever chance comes and I am sure you will agree with my comments.

bye for now

Murali Srinivas
18th June 2007, 07:23 PM
Dear Dhanusu,

Touching post on NT/Irumbu Thirai. It has kindled my interest to see the movie again.

Raghavendran Sir,

Irumbu Thirai was a Silver jublie movie as it ran for 175 days in Coimbatore.

tac,

There are many movies of NT which had a fabulous run in Ceylon. But regarding Johannesburg was it Thangapathakkam? I think it is one of the Paa series movie after which a Fans association was opened in south Africa thusby earning a name for NT in the sense NT became the first Indian actor for whom a fans association was opened outside Indian soil.

Regards

Murali Srinivas
18th June 2007, 07:39 PM
Dear Dhanusu,

Friday/Saturday, I just wanted to post on this but it slipped from my mind. It was about Thenkinnam on Thursday and Friday.

On Thursday it had 3 songs of NT. The first one was

1. Ore oru Oorile from Padikkadha Medhai.

A vignette to treasure from this song is during the line

Oruthan Pondatiyin Kaalgalukku Kaaval Irundhan

NT would just bend down as if to touch Sowcar's feet which will make Sowcar react in a horrified manner but with a single gesture NT would convey that he was refering to the other person and not himself. A class act.

2. Oru Naalile from Sivandha Man(n)

A smart and young NT with his own hair do. Dressed in half sleeves with a white trousers, the poses he would strike during his rendering and when he reacts to Kanchana's rendering is a treat to watch.

The third song I am not getting it now but it was again a cute NT.

The next day, Friday covered songs of 1958 and on that day it had 4 songs from NT movies.

1. Kanavin Maya Logathile - Annaiyin Aanai

2. Yaaradee Nee Mohini - UP

3. Kaana Inbam Kanidhadhu eno - Sabaasah Meena

4. Vasantha Mullai - Saarangadhara

Do I need to say anything on the above. It was a great visual treat.

Regards

ragasuda
18th June 2007, 08:14 PM
Murali
Irumbutthirai was a Silver Jubilee but I wanted to highlight its run in other States.
There is an interesting anecdote which 99% of the fans might not have known regarding the Sivandha Mann song you'd mentioned. Actually the song was first sung by the legendary Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna and P. Suseela. But NT felt some thing was missing and persuaded Sridhar to make TMS sing that one. The result is best known and I leave it to one's imagination what would have been the impact had it been retained in BMK's voice.
Regards,
V. Raghavendran

madhus369
18th June 2007, 09:14 PM
I stand corrected, folks. I will re-view that Thillana - knife scene again with your comments in mind...
In my earlier viewings, I thought that was funny. Maybe I missed the point !

tacinema
19th June 2007, 08:08 AM
Murali,

You should be right about Johannesburg NT Rasigar Mandram. All I said was from Ramkumar's speech (during Chandramukhi celebration), which was published in a local online daily. Do you know for which Paa series movie that NT got first international rasigar mandram?

The primary reason that I asked about NT movies run in other states and countries is that we must highlight NT's achievement, which will be used for this generation and future generation. There are millions of milestones that NT must have achieved that a normal tamilian may not know. I believe it is our duty to bring out NT achievements appropriately. Can you suggest any book that is exclusively devoted for NT and his achievements?

During my last visit to India, I happened to read a brief version of Kannadasan biography. The book is a small pilot version, which has got around 50 pages. Out of that, he has devoted 2 chapters exclusively for NT. It is interesting to read when Kannadasan narrates about the hardships (in life and in politics) that NT faced during his film career. The highlight is, in spite of these hidden hardships, Kannadasan says NT was extremely talented and successful. Another chapter talks about Kannadasan's meaningless rivalry with NT during VPKattabomman vs. Sivagangai Seemai production. Kannadasan is extremely polite in admitting his misjudgement when S. Seemai flopped and VPKattabomman made a historical run. Kannadasan adds that in spite of his rivalry with NT, when NT decided to make Pasamalar he was so grateful and called Kannadasan for drinks and offered to write lyrics. At the end Kannadasan finishes something like this: NT is an extremely powerful, successful film personality with a kind heart.

There must be thousand of stories like this about NT. It is very helpful that we bring out NT's achievements as much as we could.

tacinema
19th June 2007, 08:15 AM
Another highlight of VPKattabomman vs SSeemai that Kannadasan mentioned in the book: Kannadasan showed a finished pre-release product of Sivagangai Seemai to A V Meeyappa Chettiar. At the end of the showing, AVMChettiar praised the film and dialogues, but added the following to Kannadasan: You must release this movie after at least 80-day run of Kattabomman to make some money; Otherwise, the movie will definitely flop. According to Kannadasan, this not only shows the power of Kattabomman but also the shrewd business judgement of Chettiar.

joe
19th June 2007, 09:54 AM
The highlight of the movie is a scene involving NT and Vyjayanthimala. VM asks NT whether he had any connections with anyother girl in his life. To this NT would reply yes and he describes his encounter with the "girl". Wow! what an expressionof his feelings! what a description of the "encounter". Simply marvellous!! I strongly feel this is one of the very best scenes of NT in his whole career. People who tomtom that NT has always overplayed, should watch this scene and I am sure they will hang their heads in shame. The scene is a delight to watch, with the natural acting from NT flowing like a river. Another point to be noted is the noteworthy performance from VM. She has really excelled in this scene, commenting like an average lover, and expressing her hatred towards the "girl" in each interlude through her expressions and monosyllables. After detailed description of the "encounter" which runs for about 3-4 monutes, NT concludes that at the time of "encounter" he was about 9 years and the girl was about 7 yesrs [ I do not remember the ages correctly] and after saying this you must watch NTs face!! wow!! I am incapable of describing his action and the smile in his eyes!!

Excellent !! :D

If Possible ,we have to upload this part of video..Let me try later.

abkhlabhi
19th June 2007, 12:12 PM
Pothigai telecasting suspense thriller "Andal Naal" from yesterday every half an hour from 9 to 9.30 PM (Indian time) for one week. Don't Miss it.

Thirumaran
19th June 2007, 12:29 PM
Pothigai telecasting suspense thriller "Andal Naal" from yesterday every half an hour from 9 to 9.30 PM (Indian time) for one week. Don't Miss it.

That is Cool. Yesterday I did watch the first half an hour. I was wondering why they were showing just first half an hour of the movie that too from the titles.

Hope i reach home by 9 for this complete week :)

abkhlabhi
19th June 2007, 04:08 PM
ANDHA NAAL
A movie review by Balaji Balasubramaniam

Cast: Sivaji Ganesan, Pandaribai, Jaavar Seetharaman
Music: Direction: S.Balachandar

When I rented S.Balachander's Andha Naal, I planned to review it as part of my 'whodunnit' theme for July. But the movie impressed me so much that I elevated it to 'movie of the month' status. Borrowing the narrative style from Akira Kurosawa's well-known classic Rashomon, the movie consists of different versions of how a crime could have happened, as narrated by different people. A clever screenplay, fast pace due to sticking to the story with no diversions in the form of song sequences, exquisite cinematography and surprising twists and turns make Andha Naal one of the must-see movies in Tamil cinema.

The day after the Japanese bombs Madras in 1941, radio engineer Rajan(Sivaji) is killed by a single gunshot and his neighbor Chinnayya reports the incident to the police. Apart from his distraught wife Usha(Pandaribai), his brother Pattabhi and Pattabhi's wife Hema were the others living in the house at that time. A dancer Ambujam enters the picture later. But as the police and CID Sivanandhan(Jaavar Seetharaman) investigate the case, they find out that each person involved in the case has his own suspect and a version of how the murder happened.

With its stark photography full of lights and shadows, innovative camera angles and crime subject complete with twists and turns, Andha Naal is one of the few examples of film noir in Tamil cinema. From its opening scene, where we see Sivaji being shot, the film moves at breakneck speed, with no speedbumps in the form of song and dance. In fact, not a single scene in the movie is unnecessary and every sequence contributes something to propel the story forward. As each suspect weaves his own version of what he thinks happened in the early hours of the day, we see different pictures being painted, with the participants' characters taking on different hues in each story depending on who the storyteller is.

The screenplay has been constructed flawlessly with each character pointing at another suspect and all the versions have us hooked. It is also interesting the way the story comes full circle as it starts with the neighbor casting suspicion on Sivaji's brother and ends with the neighbor himself being the suspect. All the stories sound plausible and our suspicion shifts from one character to another with each new story. Different elements like the packed bag, the money etc. are accounted for in each version and when the real killer is finally revealed, it comes as a real surprise. The reason behind it also provides perfect closure.

Weaved into these different stories is the CID's own investigation into the crime based on the evidence collected at the scene. Though quite straightforward, the way he goes about analyzing what happened is interesting and his MO for revealing the killer is clever. The confusion of the CID and the police inspector as each suspect points to someone new offers the movie's few lighter moments. While some of the evidence is explained, the absence of fingerprints on the gun appears to be a big loose end. It is never explained and in the real sequence of events revealed in the climax, the killer does not do anything to clean the fingerprints on the gun.

The cinematography really catches the eye in the movie. The black and white heightens the atmosphere and the director has utilized lights and shadows to the maximum extent. The silhoutte of Sivaji as he talks with the dancer in the park and the shadows on his face when he talks to Pandaribai are some scenes where the camera uses lights to enhance the shot. The inventive camera angles are another noticeable aspect as the camera captures the faces of the actors through a variety of odd spaces. The shot where the rotating chair comes to a stop at the point where the actor is seen between its armrest and seat is one such striking shot. There is another scene where the CID meets a shopkeeper who renders lines from a drama acting as a king. The overhead light being positioned like a crown on his head as he recites the lines is a very clever touch from the director.

Sivaji is required to play both good and bad guy depending on the version of the story and he does so flawlessly. His disregard for any kind of image is apparent in his role here as his character smokes and has an affair with a dancer. The neighbor makes us laugh with his nervous actions and dialog delivery in front of the police. Pandaribai is quiet as the dutiful wife while the actress playing Hema does a great job as a brave and forthright woman. Jaavar Seetharaman, also responsible for the screenplay, displays the right kind of seriousness for the role of the CID.

Murali Srinivas
19th June 2007, 08:01 PM
tac,

I understand and I fully agree with what you say. During my school/college days, I had a collection of materials which gave so much info on what you have asked for. Unfortunately I don't have it now and as you know I quote from memory. I think our fellow hubber Mr.Raghavendran would be having such info.

Again many films of NT had a glorious run in Bangalore earlier. Probably abkhlabhi would be able to throw more light on this. As for as Kerala is concerned, many films have done well like Marudha Nattu Veeran, VM, Thangapathakkam and Pilot Premnath. 100 days would be bit difficult there because of less no of theatrers. In Andhra the films were dubbed in Teugu and released. The Tamil version would be run as Morning/Noon show in Hyderabad/ Secundrabad areas.

In the north, Bombay was a major centre where NT films did well. Again Delhi, Ahemedabad had only morning/noon shows.

Well let us find out some ways to bring these informations to cyber space through our forum.

Regards

raaja_rasigan
19th June 2007, 08:04 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/magazines/nyaru_kudumpa_Cinema.htm

எம்.ஜிஆரும் சிவாஜியும் சேர்ந்து நடித்த ஒரே படம் கூண்டுக்கிளி. இந்தப் படத்தை இப்போது மறுபடியும் தயாரிக்கும் முயற்சியில் இருக்கிறார்,பிரகாஷ்ராஜ். படத்தில் சிவாஜி நடித்த வில்லன் கேரக்டரில் பிரகாஷ்ராஜே நடிக்கிறார். எம்.ஜி.ஆர். நடித்த கேரக்டரில் சத்யராஜைக் கேட்டிருக்கிறார்.

joe
19th June 2007, 08:16 PM
Raja_rasigan,
Thagavalukku Nanri! :D

Superb avatar :clap:

DHANUSU
20th June 2007, 09:03 AM
Dear Dhanusu,

Friday/Saturday, I just wanted to post on this but it slipped from my mind. It was about Thenkinnam on Thursday and Friday.

On Thursday it had 3 songs of NT. The first one was

1. Ore oru Oorile from Padikkadha Medhai.

A vignette to treasure from this song is during the line

Oruthan Pondatiyin Kaalgalukku Kaaval Irundhan

NT would just bend down as if to touch Sowcar's feet which will make Sowcar react in a horrified manner but with a single gesture NT would convey that he was refering to the other person and not himself. A class act.

2. Oru Naalile from Sivandha Man(n)

A smart and young NT with his own hair do. Dressed in half sleeves with a white trousers, the poses he would strike during his rendering and when he reacts to Kanchana's rendering is a treat to watch.

The third song I am not getting it now but it was again a cute NT.

The next day, Friday covered songs of 1958 and on that day it had 4 songs from NT movies.

1. Kanavin Maya Logathile - Annaiyin Aanai

2. Yaaradee Nee Mohini - UP

3. Kaana Inbam Kanidhadhu eno - Sabaasah Meena

4. Vasantha Mullai - Saarangadhara

Do I need to say anything on the above. It was a great visual treat.

Regards

Dear MS ,

Thanks for the interesting post. I have really missed the two days 'Then Kinnam', especially the UM song. It is a delight to watch, no matter even for the nth time. Coming to songs, Kaana Inbam Kanindhadheno, is a beautiful one with the very rare voice for NT, from Moti, a lesser known singer.

Regarding the action of NT in PM song, you have a stunning obervation, observing even minute things. Such acting nuances are plenty in NTs movie. A move here, a small jerk there will turn the movie watcher crazy.

His change of facial expressions are a delight to watch and there are countless examples. But the one which I remember let me narrate below:

Movie: Iru Malargal
Scene: NT receiving a letter from Padmini.
Background: Padmini promises to NT that after she reaches her home, in native, she will discuss her marriage with NT with her brother and inform NT by post.
Back to the scene: NT opens the letter; the camera focusses his face. The curiousity, the joy of reading lover's letter, the anxiety of reading the good news all these surface on his face. The background voice 'reads' the letter, for the benefit of the viewer [ the technique followed in those days]. As he enters the second paragraph, the tone of the letter changes, as Padmini expresses her inability to marry NT, because of her personal reasons [her brother dies in an accident and she has to look after her brother's children,etc] and suddenly NT's expression changes to frustration, disappointment and anger.
Reacting to the dialogue or actions of others who are physically present in the scene of action is anybody's game. But no actor worth the name, can change his expressions so swiftly, just by looking at a piece of paper, except of course, the Great NT. Such is his acting prowess!!
I now recall the statement made by that unknown person during NT's final journey, "Irundhadhu oru nadigandhaan...." .

see you later

Thirumaran
20th June 2007, 10:02 AM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/magazines/nyaru_kudumpa_Cinema.htm

எம்.ஜிஆரும் சிவாஜியும் சேர்ந்து நடித்த ஒரே படம் கூண்டுக்கிளி. இந்தப் படத்தை இப்போது மறுபடியும் தயாரிக்கும் முயற்சியில் இருக்கிறார்,பிரகாஷ்ராஜ். படத்தில் சிவாஜி நடித்த வில்லன் கேரக்டரில் பிரகாஷ்ராஜே நடிக்கிறார். எம்.ஜி.ஆர். நடித்த கேரக்டரில் சத்யராஜைக் கேட்டிருக்கிறார்.

It is not yet finalized. Just in the early stages. But expecting the news to be true. I had not watched this movie nor seen even a scene before :cry:

Where can we get this movie :roll:

BTW, yesterday saw the continuation of Andha Naal in DD. They had just shown it for 20 minutes. :banghead:

Murali Srinivas
20th June 2007, 08:08 PM
Thiru,

I was also watching and it ended around 9.20 pm. Then as you rightly said, the Koondu kili remake is still just a talk and nothing concrete on that.

Dhanusu,

By your posts you are making me to long for those movies. If it was Irumbu Thirai the other day, today it is Iru Malargal. Of the two that were released on the same day (1st Nov,1967 Deepavali) though OVU happens to be one of the most no of times seen NT movie by me, Iru Malargal simply stood out. May be due to the fact I like films with situations like where NT character is tossed up between two characters or two different feelings etc like Iru Malargal, Shanthi and Neelavanam. I simply love NT's reactions there and it doesn't bore me even when I watch it for nth time.

Examples

1.Iru Malargal: The scene before climax when NT and Padmini argue in NT's house and when Padmini leaves you find the coffee cup in the table symbolically telling that KRV indeed had listened to all conversation (Kudos to ACT)

2. IM : The scene where NT visits Padmini's house along with Rojaramani. Having sent RR to fetch something from the car, NT would pour out his ire on Padmini and she would reply. After some time suddenly realising both would turn back to find RR standing with a long face.

Neela Vanam: NT would go to Delhi and Devika would find out that before marriage NT had been in love with Rajashree. When NT comes back she would question NT and NT not realising that she talks about his previous love would spill the beans.

Devika: Ithai en engittdhendhu maracheenga ?

NT: Nee innum konja naal than uyirode iruppe-engarathai unkittaye naan eppadi-ma solven?

Hearing this Devika's reaction and NT's counter reaction, wow!

Shanthi: Other than the legendary Yaar Andha Nilavu song, the monologue indulged by NT (Dialogue : Thanjai Vanan) self pitying himself for the situation he finds himself in is a great favourite scene of mine.

Regards

DHANUSU
21st June 2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks Mr. MS for the kind words. As you have rightly mentioned, NTs performance reaches a peak when he is caught between two poles; another sterling performance in this series would be in "Motor Sundaram Pillai" where NT has two families from two wives, who incidently are sisters, to support. This movie is a burning example for NTs subdued at the same time superb performance.

Today I wish to recall one scene from "Sabaash Meena" a masterpiece comedy movie from NT, of course with a stunning performance by Chandrababu.

Movie: Sabaash Meena
Background: NT (Mohan) and Chandrababu (I dont remember his name in that movie) are friends. NTs father fetches him a job with SV Rangarao (who did a splendid job in this movie too) at Chennai. Not willing to join the job NT forces CB to accept the job in the guise of Mohan, as SVR has not met him before.
The scene: One day NT visits CB in his office. SVR enters the room and tells Mohan (CB) that his father has come to meet him. NT is introduced to SVR by CB as his steno typist. To show that he is too preoccupied with his work, when SVR enters the room, CB dictates some letter to NT. You must watch the facial expression of NT wearing a hat and pretending to type!! Really a delight.

Then SVR leaves the room and enters NTs father (I am unable to recall his name, I think he is Panthulu??) and suddenly NT and CB change their positions and NT as the boss fires his steno for some typographical mistakes or some such thing. Becoming extreamly happy with his son's involvement and dedication to work NTs father leaves the room.

Then CB gets up from the seat and they both hug each other for having managed the situation. Now comes the climax. SVR and NTs father enter the room together. Stunned by this, both NT and CB stand like statues, adjacent to each other. SVR and NTs father also stand adjacent to each other facing NT,CB duo. SVR talks to CB (fake Mohan) and NTs father talks to the real Mohan. The camera focusses both the pairs and the viewer can see the conversation between the pairs, NTs father looking at NT and talking to him and SVR looking at CB and talking to him. Once SVR and NTs father leave the room NT and CB look at each other with a sigh of relief and fall flat on the floor!

This scene is handled brilliantly by the director with good support from all the characters.

This scene is indeed a memorable one, probably I might have missed some finer details, as I last saw this movie a couple of years ago.

Bye for now

DHANUSU
21st June 2007, 07:54 AM
Thiru,

I was also watching and it ended around 9.20 pm. Then as you rightly said, the Koondu kili remake is still just a talk and nothing concrete on that.

Dhanusu,

By your posts you are making me to long for those movies. If it was Irumbu Thirai the other day, today it is Iru Malargal. Of the two that were released on the same day (1st Nov,1967 Deepavali) though OVU happens to be one of the most no of times seen NT movie by me, Iru Malargal simply stood out. May be due to the fact I like films with situations like where NT character is tossed up between two characters or two different feelings etc like Iru Malargal, Shanthi and Neelavanam. I simply love NT's reactions there and it doesn't bore me even when I watch it for nth time.

Examples

1.Iru Malargal: The scene before climax when NT and Padmini argue in NT's house and when Padmini leaves you find the coffee cup in the table symbolically telling that KRV indeed had listened to all conversation (Kudos to ACT)

2. IM : The scene where NT visits Padmini's house along with Rojaramani. Having sent RR to fetch something from the car, NT would pour out his ire on Padmini and she would reply. After some time suddenly realising both would turn back to find RR standing with a long face.

Neela Vanam: NT would go to Delhi and Devika would find out that before marriage NT had been in love with Rajashree. When NT comes back she would question NT and NT not realising that she talks about his previous love would spill the beans.

Devika: Ithai en engittdhendhu maracheenga ?

NT: Nee innum konja naal than uyirode iruppe-engarathai unkittaye naan eppadi-ma solven?

Hearing this Devika's reaction and NT's counter reaction, wow!

Shanthi: Other than the legendary Yaar Andha Nilavu song, the monologue indulged by NT (Dialogue : Thanjai Vanan) self pitying himself for the situation he finds himself in is a great favourite scene of mine.

Regards

Another memorable scene is the birthday party of Devika. NT, a poor fellow, visits the party with a small gift tucked inside his coat. During the party some theft or some such thing takes place and NT is suspected due to his appearance. During frisking his coat gets removed and NT stands with a torn shirt. He has worn coat only to hide his torn shirt. NTs acting in this scene is simply superb.

joe
21st June 2007, 09:40 AM
Few shots from 'Periyar' movie ,NT appears in real snaps taken during Periyar funeral.

http://s102.photobucket.com/albums/m88/tfmlover1/Periyaar/

m_23_bayarea
21st June 2007, 09:41 AM
Amaidhiyaana nadhiyinilae odum

Odam azha villaatha vellam vanthaal aadum

Kaatrinilum mazhai-inilum kalanga vekum vizhiyinilum

etc etc....

8-) 8-) 8-)

joe
21st June 2007, 09:44 AM

Bay,
It should be..

Kaatrinilum mazhayinilum kalanga vaikkum idiyinilum

karaiyinile othungi nintral vazhum
:D

m_23_bayarea
21st June 2007, 09:45 AM

Bay,
It should be..

Kaatrinilum mazhayinilum kalanga vaikkum idiyinilum

karaiyinile othungi nintral vazhum
:D

My Dad's fav song! He won a prize singing that song... :P :P :P

sankara1970
21st June 2007, 12:40 PM
Similar caught in between type roles NT did and its always a delight to watch

Uyarntha Manithan-NT-Sowkar-Asokan

When NT knew Sivakumar is his son thro' Vanisree and could not tell openly to Sowkar and Asokan does balancing act.

Palum Pazamum-NT-Sowkar-Saroja Devi

His relationship with SD before he married Sowkar

Paarthal Pasi Theerum-NT-Gemini-Savithri-Sowkar

To help Gemini in his relationship with Savithri before marrying Sowkar.

Gna Oli-Thought the plot is different, the sequences involving his escapes from Major the police guy, is always a treat.

Padithal Mattum Pothuma-His sacrifice role to protect his brother Balaji from the image of good guy to cheat.

and so on........

These are the scenes and many similar to these, and performances, make the films remembered for many years and do make great impact in the minds of cine lovers

Murali Srinivas
21st June 2007, 07:52 PM
Dhanusu,

Thanks for reminding a great scene. Do you know that this has been copied by many people later. Imagine something enacted in 1958 (say almost 50 years ago) still attracts us like it was made just now. Great performance.

Regards

thilak4life
22nd June 2007, 10:45 AM
Could someone please tell me why Nageswara rao and Rajkumar were awarded Dada Saheb phalke award before NT?

Could someone shed some light over NT not being awarded 'Bharat rathna' yet?

Why does National award ridicule itself without awarding NT?

Could some hardcore NT fan enlighten me. I don't want to name 'names', but NT certainly deserves it more than some 'yahoos'.

joe
22nd June 2007, 11:13 AM
Could someone please tell me why Nageswara rao and Rajkumar were awarded Dada Saheb phalke award before NT?

It is all because of politics and lobby ..Nageswara rao got Phalke award when Narasimma Rao(from Andra) was PM ..Rajkumar got it when DevaGowda (from karnataka) was PM ..Even though Rajkumar and nageswaraRao themselves admitted several occasions that NT is their role-model and unmatchable ,NT was not supported politically in tamil nadu ..Eventhough NT was in congress ,he didn't get support or lobby from his own state. But when French Govt announced 'Chevalier' award ,Central govt forced to give phlake award.

Could someone shed some light over NT not being awarded 'Bharat rathna' yet?

Recently Suni Dutt requested central Govt same ..If one can be awarded for his acting ,it should be NT ,moreover I couldn't find any other actor promote nationalism to the level of NT did.

Why does National award ridicule itself without awarding NT?

Theriyillapa :oops: But again politics played its ugly hand here also ..I always wonder ,,when NT was awarded as 'Best Actor - Asia Africa' for VPK at Cairo ,who was the national award winner ? :huh:

saradhaa_sn
22nd June 2007, 01:44 PM
Movie: Sabaash Meena

The scene: One day NT visits CB in his office. SVR enters the room and tells Mohan (CB) that his father has come to meet him. NT is introduced to SVR by CB as his steno typist. To show that he is too preoccupied with his work, when SVR enters the room, CB dictates some letter to NT. You must watch the facial expression of NT wearing a hat and pretending to type!! Really a delight.

Then SVR leaves the room and enters NTs father (I am unable to recall his name, I think he is Panthulu??) and suddenly NT and CB change their positions and NT as the boss fires his steno for some typographical mistakes or some such thing. Becoming extreamly happy with his son's involvement and dedication to work NTs father leaves the room.

Then CB gets up from the seat and they both hug each other for having managed the situation. Now comes the climax. SVR and NTs father enter the room together. Stunned by this, both NT and CB stand like statues, adjacent to each other. SVR and NTs father also stand adjacent to each other facing NT,CB duo. SVR talks to CB (fake Mohan) and NTs father talks to the real Mohan. The camera focusses both the pairs and the viewer can see the conversation between the pairs, NTs father looking at NT and talking to him and SVR looking at CB and talking to him. Once SVR and NTs father leave the room NT and CB look at each other with a sigh of relief and fall flat on the floor!

This scene was utterly COPIED by Director Sunder.C in his movie "ULLATHTHAI ALLI THAA", with Karthik, Gountamani, Manivannan and Jaiganesh.

He also copied another scene from "ADUTHTHA VEETTU PENN", in which Thangavelu will originally sing in background, but T.R.Ramachandren just acting in front of Anjalidevi that he is singing. (Song: 'kannAlE pEsi pEsi kollAthE'). This also copied by Sunder.C in the same movie (Karthik will sing for Gountamani).

The present Cine filed is full of "Xerox" Machines. :lol: :lol: :lol:

thilak4life
23rd June 2007, 12:11 AM
Yes, Joe. Politics and poor judgment, I guess.

ragasuda
23rd June 2007, 04:33 AM
Dear friends,
The site has been updated. A page is exclusively launched for the fans to highlight their contribution in propagating the achievements of NT. Any outstanding and significant contribution will be posted there. Of course with evidence. This is for the information of all the hub members so that they can bring it to the notice of their friends and fellow fans. Hubbers can also take part and send in the details.
Pls also look into the rare stills.
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 03:22 PM
Dear Mr. Raghavendran

I visited the modified sebsite and congratulations to you once again. Rare photos of NT adorn the website. I suggest you can have one session for such rate photos of NT, alone and with VIPs.
May be you can also provide links to interviews of VIPs concerning NT and also NTs interviews to various journals. I remember, NT had written a series of articles in the then popular cine magazine "Bommai" sometime in early seventies. If that is made available to us through your website it would be a treasure for us.

Keep updating the website!! Kudos to you once again.

Murali Srinivas
23rd June 2007, 04:20 PM
Dear Raghavendran,

Didn't see you for the past couple of days. Regarding the exclusive page in the website, I couldn't find any specific link or did I miss something? The same is with rare still photos link, I couldn't find.

Meanwhile yesterday while watching the penultimate part of Andha Naal, I noticed this. NT before marriage would come to P.Bhai's house to meet her father and when PB asks him about his goal in life, NT with all dedication, determination and devotion reflecting in his face (towards his goal) looking at the camera in a close up angle would utter

Enadhu Naatin sarithirathil En Peyar Ponnezhthukkalal Ezhuthapadavendum.

How prophetic that turned out to be!

Regards

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 06:10 PM
Dear Raghavendran,

Didn't see you for the past couple of days. Regarding the exclusive page in the website, I couldn't find any specific link or did I miss something? The same is with rare still photos link, I couldn't find.

Meanwhile yesterday while watching the penultimate part of Andha Naal, I noticed this. NT before marriage would come to P.Bhai's house to meet her father and when PB asks him about his goal in life, NT with all dedication, determination and devotion reflecting in his face (towards his goal) looking at the camera in a close up angle would utter

Enadhu Naatin sarithirathil En Peyar Ponnezhthukkalal Ezhuthapadavendum.

How prophetic that turned out to be!

Regards

For that matter, even the very first dialogue uttered by NT in the first day shooting of his first movie was "success, success" and the rest, as people say, is history!!

ragasuda
23rd June 2007, 06:12 PM
Dear Dhanusu
Thank you for your kind appreciation. I have it all in my mind. Will be adding them soon.
Dear Murali
I think your screen resolution is set to 800 x 600 size. Please reset it to 1024 x 768 resolution. You won't have any problem.
Andha Naal - as you said he is prophetic in each and every of his films. His ideals in his film songs are the best guide for a true leader to lead a country and if he follows them, no doubt he would be the best in the country. Such was his prophetic. Unfortunately, the media people marginalised him for Mr.M.G.Ramachandran and still they are doing the same. This I have suffered for many a times as a fan and would be very much feel hurt in my earlier days. However NT has survived all kinds of humiliations and stood on his will power as a tower. There is so much to tell about him. In the meanwhile, I have also invited our fellow fans to submit information on their contribution to propagate NT's achievements like running evening schools, providing midday meals, etc. We shall see.
V. Raghavendran

ragasuda
23rd June 2007, 06:14 PM
Dear Dhanusu
Thank you for your kind appreciation. I have it all in my mind. Will be adding them soon.
Dear Murali
I think your screen resolution is set to 800 x 600 size. Please reset it to 1024 x 768 resolution. You won't have any problem.
Andha Naal - as you said he is prophetic in each and every of his films. His ideals in his film songs are the best guide for a true leader to lead a country and if he follows them, no doubt he would be the best in the country. Such was his prophetic. Unfortunately, the media people marginalised him for Mr.M.G.Ramachandran and still they are doing the same. This I have suffered for many a times as a fan and would be very much feel hurt in my earlier days. However NT has survived all kinds of humiliations and stood on his will power as a tower. There is so much to tell about him. In the meanwhile, I have also invited our fellow fans to submit information on their contribution like running evening schools, providing midday meals, etc.to propagate NT's achievements. We shall see.
V. Raghavendran

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 06:43 PM
Dear Mr. Raghavendran,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. May be you can add some glimpse on the personal front of the thespian in your site, like his hobbies, pastime, recreation etc. I have heard that NT was fond of hunting and used to venture out whenever he got time. I have also heard that NT had an immense sense of humour. One anecdote I remember is that, during the entry days of his son Prabhu into filmworld, the later underwent many workouts to reduce his weight and horse riding was one of them. NT narrated this to one of his friends and in the end said "within a month the weight has come down" and after a pause he concluded "... for the horse". I have read this somewhere. Likewise there could be lot of things available and they should be compiled, so that the overall picture of NT could be madeout.

I was just going through the photographs of NT with VIPs, in hindu website, and I could gauge that he had tremendous relationships with almost all cine stars, such as Prithiviraj Kapoor, even across the Vindhyas! Coming to that I wish to share some information I have read/heard.

1. Once NT visited Sunil Dutt in Bombay. They were his family friends. During lunch time NT had asked for some dish. The embarrassed lady of the house (Nargis, a very good artiste like Savithiri) replied that that dish could not be offered just then as it required some initial preparation (like dosa or idli). NT left it at that and took leave of them. The next day, the lady landed in NT's house with the dish, he had asked the previous day! Imagine the bond of love and affection between the two families.
2. Of course, the relationship between the Mangeshkars and NT is legendary.
3. Whenever, Dev Anand visited Madras, he used to visit NT and made it a point to relish "Hot idli and steaming coffee" in his house.
4. This incident was narrated by, if I am right, director ACT. When he visited NT's house, he saw NT seated in a sofa and Nana Patekar, the sensational new generation actor from Bollywood, sitting down near NT's feet, and they were talking very intimately. Just imagine the genere of NT which penetrated into the hindi film world for generations, from Prithiviraj Kapoor to Nana Patekar

Similar such incidents, if known to all the fans, it would add dimensions to the thespian. Perhaps, Mr. MS or Mr. Raghavendran could take some initiative

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 06:44 PM
Dear Mr. Raghavendran,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. May be you can add some glimpse on the personal front of the thespian in your site, like his hobbies, pastime, recreation etc. I have heard that NT was fond of hunting and used to venture out whenever he got time. I have also heard that NT had an immense sense of humour. One anecdote I remember is that, during the entry days of his son Prabhu into filmworld, the later underwent many workouts to reduce his weight and horse riding was one of them. NT narrated this to one of his friends and in the end said "within a month the weight has come down" and after a pause he concluded "... for the horse". I have read this somewhere. Likewise there could be lot of things available and they should be compiled, so that the overall picture of NT could be madeout.

I was just going through the photographs of NT with VIPs, in hindu website, and I could gauge that he had tremendous relationships with almost all cine stars, such as Prithiviraj Kapoor, even across the Vindhyas! Coming to that I wish to share some information I have read/heard.

1. Once NT visited Sunil Dutt in Bombay. They were his family friends. During lunch time NT had asked for some dish. The embarrassed lady of the house (Nargis, a very good artiste like Savithiri) replied that that dish could not be offered just then as it required some initial preparation (like dosa or idli). NT left it at that and took leave of them. The next day, the lady landed in NT's house with the dish, he had asked the previous day! Imagine the bond of love and affection between the two families.
2. Of course, the relationship between the Mangeshkars and NT is legendary.
3. Whenever, Dev Anand visited Madras, he used to visit NT and made it a point to relish "Hot idli and steaming coffee" in his house.
4. This incident was narrated by, if I am right, director ACT. When he visited NT's house, he saw NT seated in a sofa and Nana Patekar, the sensational new generation actor from Bollywood, sitting down near NT's feet, and they were talking very intimately. Just imagine the genere of NT which penetrated into the hindi film world for generations, from Prithiviraj Kapoor to Nana Patekar

Similar such incidents, if known to all the fans, it would add dimensions to the thespian. Perhaps, Mr. MS or Mr. Raghavendran could take some initiative

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 07:32 PM
I have read a report in many sites which states that the great actor Marlon Brando once commented in the presence of NT that "He can act like me but I cannot act like him". Is that true? Can someone, MS or RV, comment?

P_R
23rd June 2007, 08:54 PM
I have read a report in many sites which states that the great actor Marlon Brando once commented in the presence of NT that "He can act like me but I cannot act like him". Is that true? Can someone, MS or RV, comment? I think it was Annadurai who made that comment.

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 09:02 PM
Please refer the following website, regarding the statement made by Marlon Brando, indicated by me:

http://www.chennaibest.com/cityresources/Entertainment/movies/filmpersonalities1.asp

P_R
23rd June 2007, 09:13 PM
Please refer the following website, regarding the statement made by Marlon Brando, indicated by me:

http://www.chennaibest.com/cityresources/Entertainment/movies/filmpersonalities1.asp
I have read this attribution. I have even heard several famous personalities mention that Brando himself said it. But I am inclined to believe the version that Annadurai said it.

Here is why: this type of glowing statements are more typical in our culture, particularly in the political stage. Whereas in the West, admiration is expressed with much reserve.

Moreover, Brando was known to be a very proud actor, supremely confident of his talent and rarely mingling much with other actors. He is considered as the typical case of artistic arrogance giving directors a tough time if he felt they were not talented enough. So even if he had a deep respect for SivAji's work, it seems to me, unlikely that he would have made such a statement.

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 09:18 PM
Also please refer the following websites:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/balu/195491576/

http://www.googling.in/great-indians-legends-personalities-famous/great-artists-from-india/shivaji-ganesan---nadigar-thilakam.html

Another news:

Please read the obituary for a Hollywood actor, in which he is described as "America's Sivaji Ganesan".

http://www.hindu.com/thehindu/fr/2002/07/26/stories/2002072600840300.htm

DHANUSU
23rd June 2007, 09:24 PM
One more website making the same claim

http://gpwebdiary.blogspot.com/2006/03/tamil-vs-hindi-cinema-2-great-actors.html

joe
23rd June 2007, 09:25 PM
NT with Marlon Brando

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/gallery/sg/sg004.htm

P_R
23rd June 2007, 09:28 PM
[tscii:3032853693]Dear Dhanusu, the Brando-SivAji comment is very widely quoted and used quite freely in the Indian press. As I have heard it being attributed to Anna and Brando himself I ventured a guess on what I thought was more probable, that is all.

Here is a speech by Vaiko (http://164.100.24.208/debate/debtext.asp?slno=2428&ser=&smode=) in the Lok Sabha requesting the Government to confer Bharat Ratna on SivAji. In his speech he says

Arignar Anna, founder and late lamented leader, once gave a fitting description " Marlon Brando, if he tries his best, he could act like Sivaji Ganesan".

Thanks for the nice article by Pradeep Sebastien, he used to write an interesting film column in the Hindu Sunday Magazine. Missing nowadays.[/tscii:3032853693]

joe
25th June 2007, 11:16 AM
Happened to read a book written by IsaiGnani Ilayaraja...He dedicated a chapter for NT explaining his love on him and his participation at NT's funeral ..I couldn't control my tears when I read it :cry:

joe
26th June 2007, 11:12 AM
நடிகர் திலகத்திற்காக முதன் முதலாக எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்பிரமணியம் பாட வந்த போது ...

எனக்காக நீங்கள் குரலை மாற்றிப் பாட வேண்டாம்,உங்கள் பாணியிலேயே பாடுங்கள் நடிக்கும் போது உங்கள் குரலுக்கு இசைவாக எனது நடிப்பை அமைத்துக்கொள்கிறேன் என்றாராம் சிவாஜி.

சிவாஜி சொன்னபடி எஸ்.பி.பி. தமக்கே இயல்பான 'நளினம் கொஞ்சும்' நந்தவனக் குரலில் அந்தப் பாடலை மிக சுதந்திர உணர்வோடு பாடினார்.

பாடல் பிரமாதமாக பதிவானது.

ஆனால் பாடலைக் கேட்ட போது, டி.எம்.எஸ்ஸின் குரலைப் போல இந்த புதிய குரல் அதுவும் மென்மையான குரல் நடிகர் திலகத்தின் நடிப்போடு இசையுமா? என்று சிலர் சந்தேகப் படவும் செய்தனர்.

ஆனால் அந்தப் பாடல் காட்சி படமாக்கப் பட்ட போது எஸ்.பி.பியின் நளினமான குரலுக்கு ஏற்ப தமது நடையையும் பாவனைகளையும் அசைவுகளையும் குழையக் குழைய வெளிப்படுத்தினார் நடிகர் திலகம்.

சந்தேகப் பட்டவர்கள் பிரமித்துப் போனார்கள்.

பிரமிப்பின் மறு பெயர் தானே நடிகர் திலகம் !

அந்தப் பாடல் ...சுமதி என் சுந்தரி படத்தில் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசை வார்ப்பில் மலர்ந்த' பொட்டு வைத்த முகமோ'.

காலப் புயலில் கலைந்து போகாத பாட்டு தீபங்களில் இன்றும் இளமை ஊஞ்சலாடும் இந்தப் பாடலும் பாடல் காட்சியும் ஒரு வசந்த வரலாறு

http://www.andhimazhai.com/news/viewmore.php?id=2349

joe
26th June 2007, 11:15 AM
ஜூலை 21, 2001

காற்று, ஓர் உன்னத தமிழனின் மூச்சுக்கு நிராகரிக்கப்பட்டு
தன் புனிதம் கெட்டது. தமிழ் மொழிபோல் இனிதாவது வேறெங்கும்
காணோம் என்று பாரதி சொன்னான். அதை நிரூபிக்கும்
சான்றுகளாய், தன் உயிர் சொட்டும் உச்சரிப்பால், நம்
செவிகளையெல்லாம் தலையாட்ட வைத்த நடிகர் திலகம்
இன்று மறைந்தார்.

கட்டபொம்மனாகட்டும் அல்லது அந்தக் கடவுளாகட்டும்
அவர் காட்டாமல் எந்தப் பாமரனுக்கும் தெரியாது. நகமும்
முடியும்கூட நடிப்பை உருக்கி உணர்வுகளை வார்க்க,
பொய்யான திரைக்குள், நிஜத்தைக் காட்டி தமிழ்
சினிமாவுக்குக் கிரீடம் சூட்டிய பத்மஸ்ரீ இன்று மறைந்தார்.

எப்படி கர்ஜிப்பது என்று சிங்கங்களுக்கு வகுப்பெடுக்கும்
குரல் சக்கரவர்த்தி. பாசமலர் பார்த்தால், நமெக்கெல்லாம்
சகோதரனாவார். புதிய பறவை பார்த்தால், ?எங்கே நிம்மதி?
என்று நம்மையும் அலையவைப்பார். பார்க்க வந்தவர்களையும்
பாத்திரங்களாக்கி வென்ற செவாலியர் சிவாஜி இன்று மறைந்தார்.

நடிப்பின் அகராதி, மூன்றாம் தமிழின் ஒப்பற்ற கலைக்
களஞ்சியம், இப்படி மறைந்துவிட்டார், மறைந்துவிட்டார் என்று
கூறுவது சரியா? கலைஞர்கள் மறைவதில்லை. கலைஞர்களையே
உருவாக்கும் பிரம்மக் கலைஞருக்கு ஏது மறைவு?

தீந்தமிழ்ச் சாறெடுத்து
....தித்திக்கும் தேன்குழைத்து...
பாந்தமாய்ப் பேசியாடி
....பலகோடி மக்கள் நெஞ்சில்...

வேந்தனாய் பவனிவந்த
....வெற்றித்திலகமே! தமிழனே
ஏந்தினாய் தீபமொன்று
....எந்நாளும் அணையுமோ?

தவமெனப் பெற்றாளே
....தமிழன்னை உனையிங்கே
எவருண்டு உன்நடிப்பை
....எள்ளளவும் நகலெடுக்க

சிவனே என்றாலும்
....சிவாஜி நீ காட்டாது...
நவரசக் கலைஞனே
....நானிலந்தான் அறியுமோ

நடையெனில் ஒருநூறு
....நகைப்பெனில் நானூறு
புடைக்கின்ற நரம்புகளில்
....புவியையே அளந்தவன்

தடையற்ற வெள்ளமெனத்
....தமிழ்ச்சொல் வீசியே
படையெடுத்து நின்றவுன்
....பார்புகழ் அழியுமோ

இனிதெனில் தமிழேயென
....ஈடற்ற மாகவியும்
பனிமலர்த் தூவியே
....போற்றினான் செந்தமிழை

தனியனாய் நின்றதனை
....தங்கக் குரலெடுத்து
இனியது தமிழேயென
....வழிமொழிந்தத் திலகமே

நுண்மதி மாந்தர்கட்கும்
....நடிப்பையா காட்டினாய்
வண்ணத்திரையில் நீ
....வாழ்க்கையன்றோ காட்டினாய்

சின்ன அசைவினிலும்
....பொன்னென மின்னினாய்
இன்னுமோர் நடிகனும்
....இனியில்லை என்றானாய்

மூன்றாம் தமிழ்வளர்த்த
....முதன்மைக் களஞ்சியமே
ஆன்றோர் வியந்துவக்கும்
....அகராதி நீதானே

வான்தொடு உயரத்தில்
....வெற்றித் திருச்சுடர் நீ
தேன்வளர் திரைக்கலைஞர்
....தேடும் பொற்கனா நீ

சிங்கங்கள் அணிவகுக்கும்
....சிம்மக்குரல் கேட்க
அங்கங்கள் சிலிர்க்குமெந்த
....அரசவைப் புலவர்கட்கும்

மங்கா புகழ்வென்றாய்
....மறையா நிலைபெற்றாய்
எங்கெலாம் கலையுண்டோ
....அங்கெலாம் சிரிக்கின்றாய்

கண்ணீர் பொங்குதய்யா
....காலனுனைக் கவர்ந்தானே
வெந்நீர் விழுந்தமலர்
....வேதனையில் துடிக்குதய்யா

உன்னதக் கலைஞர்களை
....உருவாக்கும் பிரம்மனே
உன்புகழ் வாழ்க வாழ்க
....உனக்கென்றும் மரணமில்லை !

அன்புடன் புகாரி
டொராண்டோ, கனடா
http://www.treasurehouseofagathiyar.net/23600/23632.htm

Murali Srinivas
26th June 2007, 07:42 PM
Joe,

NT - i patri valai pinnalil endha seidhi irundhalum athai thedi eduthu vandhu kodukkum ungallukku kodanu kodi nandri.

Buhari-yin urai nadai - kavidhai arumai.

Regards

joe
27th June 2007, 09:14 AM
Murali Sir,
Nanri :) ..NT patri thedi thedi padikkiren enpathu unmai ..It is really my pleasure.

I hope V.ragavendran sir will use many of those informations and articles here ,in his web site ,to make it one destination for all info about NT.

Srimannarayanan
27th June 2007, 02:33 PM
When i went to my home for lunch today, i happened to See NT's "Harichandra" in KTV - Classic Matinee. I watched it only for for 45 minutes. Unfortunately i couldn't watch the movie fully.

Who ever claim Nadigar Thilagam can do overacting alone, must and should watch this movie.

What a Simple and subtle performance :clap: :clap: :clap:

NT Sir :notworthy: :notworthy:

saradhaa_sn
27th June 2007, 04:23 PM
டியர் ஜோ....

நீங்கள் குறிப்பிடிருப்பது போல, எஸ்.பி.பி.யின் குரலுக்கு ஏற்ப குழைவான நடிப்பை நடிகர் திலகம் வழங்கியிருப்பது உண்மை.

அது 'பொட்டு வைத்த முகமோ' பாடலுக்கு மட்டுமல்ல். அவருடைய குரலுக்கு ஏற்ப மென்மையான அசைவுகளை பல பாடல்களில் பார்க்கலாம்.

உதாரணமாக, "ராஜா" படத்தில் 'இரண்டில் ஒன்று நீ என்னிடம் சொல்லு" மற்றும் 'திரிசூலம்' படத்தில் 'காதல் ராணி... கட்டிக் கிடக்க.. கட்டில் இருக்க'.... இப்படி பல.

அதே சமயம் டி.எம்.எஸ். பாடல் என்றதும், மீண்டும் கம்பீரம் அவர் நடிப்பில் வந்து குடி கொள்ளும்.

Murali Srinivas
27th June 2007, 07:19 PM
Dear Joe,

If you had noticed Raghavendran had already put up our forum's URL in NT website. In the feedback column there were fans reaction about the website. I collected all the mail IDs from that and sent them a letter inviting them to our forum and I also gave the link to our NT thread Part I and II. Favourable replies have come from some of them. So you can expect more input here.

Dear Sriman,

Welcome to NT thread. Hope to see you more here.

Regards

joe
27th June 2007, 07:22 PM
Raghavendran had already put up our forum's URL in NT website. In the feedback column there were fans reaction about the website. I collected all the mail IDs from that and sent them a letter inviting them to our forum and I also gave the link to our NT thread Part I and II. Favourable replies have come from some of them. So you can expect more input here.

:thumbsup:

DHANUSU
28th June 2007, 08:28 AM
Hello all,

Once again I am disappointed that I am unable to read the post from Joe. I need some help

joe
28th June 2007, 08:35 AM
Hello all,

Once again I am disappointed that I am unable to read the post from Joe. I need some help

Can you read saradhaa_sn's post in tamil? :roll:

My posts are in unicode .shouldn't have any problem with IE.

joe
28th June 2007, 08:38 AM
சிவாஜியும் வேடங்களும்

நவராத்திரி படத்தில்தான் இப்படி ஒன்பது விதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களை ஏற்று சிறப்பாக நடித்து அனைவரின் பாராட்டுகளையும் பெற்றார்.

பலே பாண்டியா, தெய்வமகன் படங்களில் மூன்றுவிதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களை ஏற்று நடித்தார்.

உத்தமபுத்திரனில் இரு மாறுபட்ட தோற்றங்களில் கதாநாயகனாக நடித்தார்.

பராசக்தியில் சீர்திருத்தம் பேசும் இளைஞனாக நடித்தார். திரும்பிப் பார் படத்தில் பெண்பித்து பிடித்தவராக நடித்தார். மனோகராவில் சங்கிலியால் பிணைக்கப்பட்ட வீரமகனாக அனல் தெறிக்கும் வசனம் வேசி நடித்தார்.

அந்தநாள் படத்தில் தேசத்துரோகியாக வேடமேற்று நடித்தார். கல்யாணம் பண்ணியும் பிரம்மச்சாரியில் முழுநீள காமெடி வேடமேற்று நடித்தார். துளிவிஷம் படத்தில் வில்லன் வேடம் ஏற்று வீரியமாக நடித்திருந்தார். கூண்டுக்கிளியில் எம்.ஜி.ஆருடன் இணைந்து வில்லனைப் போன்ற வேடத்தில் துணிந்து நடித்தார். முதல் தேதியில் வாழ்க்கைப் பிரச்சினைகளை எதிர்கொள்ளத் தயங்கும் கோழையாக, தற்கொலை செய்துகொள்ளும் கதாபாத்திரத்தில் தயங்காமல் நடித்தார். தெனாலிராமனில் நகைச்சுவை கலந்த அறிவாளியாக வேடமேற்றார்.

ரங்கோன் ராதாவில் மச்சினியை மணக்க நினைக்கும் கொடுங்கோல் கணவனாக வேடமேற்று நடித்தார். மக்கள் பெற்ற மகராசியில் முதன்முறையாகக் கொங்கு நாட்டு தமிழைச் சிறப்பாக பேசி நடித்தார். தங்கமலை ரகசியம் படத்தில் காட்டுவாசி வேடத்தில கதாநாயகனாக நடித்தார். அம்பிகாபதி காதல் காவியத்தில் அம்பிகாபதியாக தத்ரூபமாக நடித்தும் சம்பூர்ண ராமாயணம் படத்தில் பரதன் வேடமேற்று மூதறிஞர் ராஜாஜியின் பாராட்டையும் பெற்றார்.

சபாஷ்மீனாவில் மீண்டும் நகைச்சுவை வேடம், காத்தவராயன் படத்தில் மக்களின் தெய்வம் காத்தவராயனாக வேடமேற்று நடித்தார்.

வீரபாண்டிய கட்டபொம்மன் படத்தில் பாஞ்சாலங்குறிச்சியில் தாய்நாட்டின் மானத்தைக் காத்த மாமன்னாக முதல் சுதந்திரப் போராட்ட வீரன் கட்டபொம்மனாக நடித்து திரையுலக சரித்திரத்தில் அழியாத இடம் பிடித்தார்.

பாகப்பிரிவினையில் ஊனமுற்ற கிராமத்து இளைஞனாக நடிப்பில் ஊனமில்லாமல் நடித்திருந்தார். தெய்வப்பிறவியில் நடிப்பில் தெய்வப்பிறவியாகவே அவர் வெளிப்பட்டார். படிக்காத மேதையில் மனிதநேயமிக்க மகா கதாபத்திரமான ரங்கன் வேடத்தை ஏற்று நடித்து அனைவரின் மனதையும் கவர்ந்தார். பாவை விளக்கு படத்தில் எழுத்தாளனாக வேடமேற்று அந்த நாவலுக்கு உயிர் கொடுத்தார்.

பாவமன்னிப்பு - இந்துவாகப் பிறந்து இஸ்லாமிய மதத்தினரால் வளர்க்கப்பட்டு கிறித்துவப் பெண்ணை மணக்கும் வேடம். மத நல்லிணக்கத்தை வலியுறுத்தும் மகத்தான வேடம்.

பாசமலர் - மனித வாழ்க்கையின் உன்னதமான உறவுகளான அண்ணன்-தங்கை பாசத்தின் உயர்வை வெளிப்படுத்தும் அண்ணன் வேடம் அனைவரையும் கவர்ந்தது.

பாலும் பழமும் - நோய் நொடிகளைத் தீர்க்கும் மருத்துவர் வேடம்.
கப்பலோட்டிய தமிழன் - இந்திய சுதந்திரப் போராட்ட வரலாற்றில் இடம்பெற்ற வ.உ.சிதம்பரம் பிள்ளையின் சிறப்புமிக்க வேடம்.

ஆலயமணி - கதாநாயகன் வேடத்தில் அணவம் நிறைந்த பணக்காரத்தனம் கலந்திருந்தது. இதுவும் அனைவருக்கும் பிடித்திருந்தது.

இருவர் உள்ளம் - எல்லாப் பெண்களையும் வசீகரித்து ஆனந்தப்படும் வேடம்.

பார் மகளே பார் - தனக்குப் பிறந்த பெண்களில் ஒருத்தி தனக்குப் பிறந்தவள் அல்ல என்பதை அறிந்து சுயகௌரவத்தை நிலைநாட்டத் துடிக்கும் ஜமீன்தார்வேடம்.

கர்ணன் - மபாபாரதக்கதையில் இடம் பெற்ற மக்கள் அறிந்த மாபெரும் கதாபாத்திரம். இன்றும் மக்கள் மனதில் குடிகொண்டிருக்கிறது.

புதிய பறவை - மனைவியாக வந்தவளை சந்தர்ப்ப சூழ்நிலையால் பிணமாக்கிய கணவனாக - துணிச்சல் மிக்க கதாபாத்திரம்.

ஆண்டவன் கட்டளை - கல்லூரிப் பேராசிரியராக இருப்பவர் காதலராக மாறும் விபரீதமான கதாபாத்திரம்.

திருவிளையாடல் - புராணக்கதையில் சிவபெருமானாக வேடமேற்று நடித்து மக்கள் மனதில்குடிகொண்டது.

joe
28th June 2007, 08:39 AM
மோட்டார் சுந்தரம்பிள்ளை - இளம் வயதிலேயே வயது வந்த பெண்களுக்கும், மகனுக்கும் தந்தையாக வேடமேற்று துணிந்து நடித்தது.

மகாகவி காளிதாஸ் - வெறும் கிறுக்கனாக இருந்து பிறகு ஞானக்கிறுக்கனாக காளியைப் போற்றும் மகாகவி காளிதாஸாக மாறும் ஒப்பற்ற வேடம்.

சரஸ்வதி சபதம் - மகாகவியாக நாரதராக இருவிதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களில் நடித்த படம்.

கந்தன் கருணை - முருகக் கடவுள் கந்தனின் தோழன் வீரபாகுவாக வேடமேற்று நடித்தது.

திருவருட்செல்வர் - அப்பராக, சங்கரராக, திருமலை மன்னனாக இப்படிப் பல்வேறு வேடங்கள் ஏற்று நடித்த படம்.

திருமால் பெருமை - திருமாலின் புகழைப் பரப்பும் தொண்டராக நடித்தது.

ஹரிச்சந்திரா - உண்மை பேசும் உன்னதமான கதாபாத்திரம்.

தில்லானா மோகனாம்பாள் - நாதஸ்வர வித்வான் சிக்கல் சண்முகசுந்தரமாக நடித்தது - இல்லை வாழ்ந்து காட்டியது.

உயர்ந்தமனிதன் - ஒரு காதலனாக காதலில் தோற்று - வாழ்க்கையில் முதலாளியாக உயரும் மனிதனாக.

தெய்வமகன் - தந்தை-அண்ணன்-தம்பி என்ற மூன்று வேடங்களில் உணர்ச்சிபூர்வமாக நடித்தது.

தங்கச்சுரங்கம் - முதன்முறையாக ஜேம்ஸ்பாண்ட் வேடம்.

காவல் தெய்வம் - பனை மரமேறும் தொழிலாளியாக கம்பீரமாக நடித்து நடிப்பில் கர்ஜித்தது.

எங்க மாமா - குழந்தைகளைக் கவரும் மனம் கவர்ந்த மாமாவாக நடித்தது.

வியட்நாம் வீடு - பிரஸ்டீஜ் பத்மனாபன் - மறக்க முடியாத கதாபாத்திரம்.

ராமன் எத்தனை ராமனடி - சாப்பாட்டு ராமனாக நடித்த படத்தில் நடிகனாகவும் இருமாறுபட்ட தோற்றத்தில் நடித்தது.

எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாள் - காதல் தோல்வியில் மனநிலை பாதிக்கப்பட்டவராக பைத்தியமாக சிறப்பாக நடித்துக் காட்டினார்.

குலமா குணமா - ஊருக்கு நாட்டாமையாக - தம்பிக்கு நல்ல அண்ணனாக- மனைவிக்கு நல்ல கணவனாக இப்படி மாறுபட்ட தோற்றங்களில் நடித்தார்.

சுமதி என் சுந்தரி - காமெடி கலந்த கலகலப்பான கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நடித்தது.

சவாலே சமாளி - அடிமை, விசுவாசி காலத்திலும் சுயமரியாதைமிக்க இளைஞனாக வேடமேற்று நடித்தது.

பாபு - ஒரு வேளை சாப்பாட்டிற்காக வாழ்க்கையையே அவர்களுக்கு அர்ப்பணிக்கும் மனிதநேயமிக்க உன்னதமான கதாபாத்திரம் ரிக்*ஷாக்காரன் பாபு.

ராஜா - போலீஸ், அடிதடி, கடத்தல் சம்பந்தப்பட்ட படத்தில் இளமையான திருடனாக, கடத்தல்காரனாக நடித்தது அனைவரையும் கவர்ந்தது.

ஞானஒளி - சந்தர்ப்ப சூழ்நிலையால் தவறு செய்துவிட்டு உயர்ந்த நிலைக்கு வந்த பிறகும் அதற்காக சட்டத்தின் முன் போராடுவது.

பட்டிக்காடா பட்டணமா - தமிழ்ப் பண்பாட்டை உயிராக நினைத்து வாழும் கிராமத்து மனிதன் மூக்கையா வேடம்.

தவப்புதல்வன் - மாலைக்கண் நோயாளியாக மற்றவர்களுக்குத் தெரியாமல் மறைந்து வாழ்வது எப்படி என்பதை நடித்துக் காட்டுவது - இது சவாலான கதாபாத்திரம்.

வசந்தமாளிகை - காதலர்களுக்குப் பிடித்த படம். அழகான பணக்கார காதலனாக வேடமேற்று நடித்து இன்றுவரை அனைவரையும் கவர்ந்திழுக்கும் படம்.

பாரத விலாஸ் - சாதி, மத, மொழி பேதங்களுக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டு வாழ்ந்து அனைவரையும் ஒன்றிணைக்கும் உயர்ந்த கதாபாத்திரம்.

ராஜராஜசோழன் - சரித்திர கதாபாத்திரம். சரிந்துவிடாமல் தாங்கிப்பிடித்து நடித்து சாதனை புரிந்தது.

கௌரவம் - தந்தை-மகன் மோதல் கௌரவமா- பாசமா- இரு மாறுபட்ட வேடம். நடிப்பிலும் மாறுபட்டு வெளிப்பட்டது.

joe
28th June 2007, 08:40 AM
[tscii:27137c5403]மனிதரில் மாணிக்கம் - முழுநீள நகைச்சுவை கலந்த மருத்துவர் வேடம். அனைவரையும் கலகலப்பூட்டியது.

தங்கப் பதக்கம் - எஸ்.பி.சௌத்ரி - காவல்துறை அதிகாரியாக கம்பீரமான கதாபாத்திரத்தில் வாழ்ந்துகாட்டியது.

மனிதனும் தெய்வமாகலாம் - ஆத்திகன்- நாத்திகன் வேடத்தில் இரு வேறு விதமான நடிப்பாற்றலின் வெளிப்பாடு.

அவன்தான் மனிதன் - அடுத்தவருக்கு அள்ளிக் கொடுத்தே தனது வாழ்க்கையையும் காதலையும் துறந்தவன்.

டாக்டர் சிவா - தொழுநோயாளிகளை குணப்படுத்தவந்த உன்னதமான மருத்துவர்.

பாட்டும் பரதமும் - பாட்டையும் பரதத்தையும் வெளிப்படுத்தும் இருவிதமான கதாபாத்திரம்.

நாம் பிறந்த மண் - ஒரு சுதந்திரப் போராட்டப் போராளியின் வரலாறு. நடிப்பிலும் வாழ்ந்து காட்டினார்.

திரிசூலம் - தந்தை-மூத்தமகன்-இரண்டாவதுமகன். இப்படி மூன்று விதமான கதாபாத்திரம். நடிப்பும் மூன்று விதமாக இருந்தது. வசூலையும் அள்ளித்தந்தது.

எமனுக்கு எமன் - எமதர்மராஜனாக - எதிர்க்கும் இளைஞனாக இரண்டு கதாபாத்திரங்களில் நடிப்பாற்றலைű சிறப்பாக வெளிப்படுத்தியது.

கல்தூண் - தந்தை-மகன் மோதல். இதில் நடிப்பில் கல்தூணாக வெளிப்பட்டார்.

மிருதங்கச் சக்கரவர்த்தி - மிருதங்க வித்வான் கதாபாத்திரம். மிருதங்கக் கலைஞர்களே பிரமிக்கும் வகையில் நடிப்பு வெளிப்பட்டது.

வெள்ளை ரோஜா - புனிதமான கிறித்துவ பாதிரியாகராவும், போலீஸ் அதிகாரியாகவும் நடிப்பை வெளிப்படுத்தினார்.

முதல் மரியாதை - வயதுக்கேற்ற வேடம். ரசிகப்பெருமக்கள் அனைவரிடமும் இவரது இயல்பான நடிப்பிற்கு முதல்மரியாதை கிடைத்தது.

படிக்காதவன் - பாசமிக்க தம்பிகளுக்கு நல்ல அண்ணனாக நடித்தது.

அன்புள்ள அப்பா - மகள் மீது பாசம் கொண்ட தந்தையாக.

ஞானப்பறவை - ஞானக்கிறுக்கனாக ஆண்டவனை அறிந்த சித்தனாக நடித்தது.

தேவர்மகன் - மக்களுக்கெல்லாம் தேவராகவும் மகனுக்கு பாசமிக்க தந்தையாகவும் நடித்தது.

பசும்பொன் - மாசற்ற பாசமிகு தந்தையாக- பசும்பொன்னாக ஒளிரும் கதாபாத்திரம்.

ஒன்ஸ்மோர் - இளைய தலைமுறையினரோடும் ஈடுகொடுத்து தந்தையாக நடித்தது.

என் ஆசை ராசாவே - குதிரையாட்டம், ஒயிலாட்டம் ஆடும் கலைஞராக வேடமேற்று சிறப்பாக நடித்தது.

படையப்பா - படையப்பாவின் பாசமிகு தந்தையாக பட்டையைக் கிளப்பியது இவரது நடிப்பு.

பூப்பறிக்க வருகிறோம் - புதுமுக நடிகர் அஜய் போன்ற நடிகர்களுடன் இணைந்து நடித்து வெற்றிப்பூக்களை பறித்தார்.

இப்படி எத்தனையோ விதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களை ஏற்று நடித்து நடிப்பில் சாதனை புரிந்தவர் நடிகர் திலகம் சிவாஜிகணேசன்.

http://content.msn.co.in/Tamil/Entertainment/Articles/0611-15-2.htm#top[/tscii:27137c5403]

Jilaba
28th June 2007, 05:30 PM
சிவாஜியும் வேடங்களும்

நவராத்திரி படத்தில்தான் இப்படி ஒன்பது விதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களை ஏற்று சிறப்பாக நடித்து அனைவரின் பாராட்டுகளையும் பெற்றார்.

பலே பாண்டியா, தெய்வமகன் படங்களில் மூன்றுவிதமான கதாபாத்திரங்களை ஏற்று நடித்தார்.

உத்தமபுத்திரனில் இரு மாறுபட்ட தோற்றங்களில் கதாநாயகனாக நடித்தார்.

ஒன்பது வேடங்கள்: நவராத்திரி

ஐந்து வேடங்கள்: திருவருட்செல்வர்

மூன்று வேடங்கள்:

பலே பாண்டியா
தெய்வமகன்
திரிசூலம்

இரட்டை வேடங்கள்:

உத்தமபுத்திரன்
சரஸ்வதி சபதம்
எங்க ஊர் ராஜா
கௌரவம்
சிவகாமியின் செல்வன்
என் மகன்
என்னைப்போல் ஒருவன்
வெள்ளை ரோஜா
சந்திப்பு

Murali Srinivas
28th June 2007, 07:27 PM
Dear Jilaba,

Long time no see.

One or two missed out in your double role list

Pattakathi Bairavan

Yamanukku Yaman

Ra(k)tha Paasam

Viswaroopam

Maadi Veetu Ezhai

Sangili

Regards

sivank
28th June 2007, 08:15 PM
Joe wonderful, pinnitenga. Neenga appadiye ovvoru padathoda kadhaiyaiyum surukkama yezhudalaame.

Thanks again for the wonderful review.

joe
28th June 2007, 08:18 PM
Joe wonderful, pinnitenga. Neenga appadiye ovvoru padathoda kadhaiyaiyum surukkama yezhudalaame.

Thanks again for the wonderful review.

:oops:

It was not written by me .Mostly what I am doing is searching the NET for any info on NT and posting here..

Ella pugazhum ezhuthiyavargaLukke. :)

selvakumar
28th June 2007, 08:38 PM
btw,
Did any of u people watch "Koffee with Anu" the previous week? Guests were Rajesh and ChandraSekhar !
Both praised NT ! (& ofcourse MT as well)

Rajesh said when he went to meet NT, his grand son came and asked him to wait for few minutes before conveying the message
"Ippo doctor checkup kkugaaga vanthirukaar. Rajesh ah thappa eduthukaama, <one more polite / humble word that I forgot> naaLaikku 11 manikku vara sollu. Naan nichayam iruppennu sollu"
& after that Rajesh said
NT & MT kku appuram cinema ulagam avargalai pondra manidaragalai paarka villai <<something ||| to this> not sure though !

Those who watched the program can post :)

joe
28th June 2007, 09:25 PM
Selva,
Thanks for the info ..Singapore-la ,it will be this saturday .I will post after that :D

joe
28th June 2007, 09:26 PM
Neither Ramkumar, nor Prabu is Sivaji Ganesan's eldest son...Only I'm the first son of Sivaji. It's 'Annai Illam' (Sivaji's house in Chennai) that gave patronage to me, myself being (no more than) an orphan.

But then, who said Sivaji Ganesan has passed away....? He hasn't gone away at all!...He's still in me, in you and in all of us. He defies death.

None can fill up the void created by his absence. In the same way, none, including me, has the necessary qualification (status) to claim to be his heir (in acting). The chair left by him remains as it is! None can occupy it. At the most, people like me could get satisfied by touching and feeling the arm of the chair. He's become history in the world of cinema.

- KalaiGnani Kamal Hassan

(at A commemorative function on behalf of late Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan was held in Colombo, the capital city of Ceylon, on 4th March, 2002)

DHANUSU
29th June 2007, 06:38 AM
Hello all,

Can you read saradhaa_sn's post in tamil? :roll:

My posts are in unicode .shouldn't have any problem with IE.

No. I am unable to read the posts from saradhaa_sn either. Having seen the number and length of posts by you for the past couple of days, I am terribly disappointed that I am unable to read them. Even after changing the option to unicode (UTF-8) in 'view' and 'encoding' menu I am unable to make out your writings. Please do something.

regards

tacinema
29th June 2007, 08:08 AM
Dhanusu,

Did you try to download tamil font onto your computer and try these pages? IE browser should by itself take care of these. If not, try to download tamil fonts from any related web sites (such as dinamalar.com) and refresh this page.

Hope it will solve your problem.

P_R
30th June 2007, 12:45 AM
Dhanusu,

even if you are unable to download fonts you can use this online converter (http://www.suratha.com/reader.htm). It converts any script to Unicode, which you will be able to read. That's what I do at work :P

R.Saravanan
30th June 2007, 10:34 AM
When S.P.B. was informed that he has to sing for Sivaji Ganesan he was tensed. SPB said in an interview ' When I was informed that I need to Sing for Sivaji, I was afraid and tensed. What a Ultimate Combination Sivaji and TMS. I was thinking how to Sing and change voice for Sivaji Sir.
Since this is a big change (TMS), On the Day of Recording Sivaji himself came to the Recording Studio.
SPB says 'Sivaji Sir called me. I went to him shivering. He told 'Dey Thambi Nee Enakka Kuralai Matri Padi Kastapadathe. Nee un Style Paadu. Naan Nadipil adjust Pannikiran' (Dey Brother. Don't struggle by changing your voice. You Sing in your style. I will adjust everything in acting). This encouragement made me to sing well.
As Discussed Sivaji's Sir acting will be great in that Song.

Source: Dordarshan Interview with SPB and Daily Thanthi Paper

Dear Mr joe.
Wonderful Postings

Best Regards
Saravanan

mr_karthik
30th June 2007, 02:07 PM
Dear Joe...

On reading the statement of Padmashee Kamal Haasan, one more incident comes in my mind about the interview of Director P.Vasu in a TV channel. Vasu told:

"Once, when I was in Annai Illam (Shivaji's Home), some foreign film personalities came to meet Nadigar Thilagam. Before the discussion, he introduced every one to them, as

"He is my son Ram kumar"
"He is my son Prabhu" (and then showing me)
"He is my son Vasu"

I was stunned with joy, in the way he introduced me".

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 02:21 PM
Dhanusu,

even if you are unable to download fonts you can use this online converter (http://www.suratha.com/reader.htm). It converts any script to Unicode, which you will be able to read. That's what I do at work :P

Dear Mr. Prabhuram,

Thank you very much for the information. With the help of online converter I could read the excellent posts from Joe and Saradha.

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 02:23 PM
This week end is a visual treat for NT fans. KTV (Classic matinee) telecast a wonderful delight from NT-BS staple "Paarthal Pasi Theerum" yesterday (Friday) and today (Saturday) it is the evergreen "Sorgam".

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 02:29 PM
Dear Joe...

On reading the statement of Padmashee Kamal Haasan, one more incident comes in my mind about the interview of Director P.Vasu in a TV channel. Vasu told:

"Once, when I was in Annai Illam (Shivaji's Home), some foreign film personalities came to meet Nadigar Thilagam. Before the discussion, he introduced every one to them, as

"He is my son Ram kumar"
"He is my son Prabhu" (and then showing me)
"He is my son Vasu"

I was stunned with joy, in the way he introduced me".

Wonderful post Karthik. Like I had mentioned in one of my previous posts, apart from discussing the artistic skills of NT, which are abundant like an ocean, this forum should try to bring about the other qualities of NT, so that one can visualize a complete NT, the Matinee idol and the Man.

I have read in a web information that, when a lady, the writer of the piece of information, had to stay in Chennai for some work, she stayed in the house of NT, along with another lady known to NT. She had written nicely about the warm hospitality rendered by NT and the lady of the house. Likewise there could be so much of information, which should be pooled up in this forum.

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 02:59 PM
Dear hubbers,

Please read the touching write up on NT

http://www.chennaionline.com/events/news/sivajifilm.asp

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 03:01 PM
Another excellent writeup on NT

http://www.chennaionline.com/events/news/sivajifacets.asp

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 03:05 PM
Some good photos of NT

http://www.chennaionline.com/events/news/sivajigallery06.asp

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 03:11 PM
Another good article on NT
http://www.upperstall.com/people/sivaji.html

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 03:15 PM
An article by Randor Guy, well known film critic, on NT
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2001/07/27/stories/09270225.htm

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 03:16 PM
An article on NT's other side i.e. excellent human virtues, with many more links.

http://www.tamilnation.org/hundredtamils/sivaji.htm

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 03:28 PM
Another excellent article on NT. Dont miss this
http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Sivaji_Ganeshan-107823-1.html

Murali Srinivas
30th June 2007, 04:51 PM
Dear Dhanusu,

All excellent articles. Though I have read some of them before, it was nice to read it again. Again while going thro' one of the articles,the Hindu link for NT's funeral procession made another poignant reading.

10 days ago, I was just mentioning to you that old hubbers are missing in this thread. After that Saradhaa, followed by Jilaba,Saravanan and Mr.Karthik have come back. A warm welcome to all of them. Let this thread grow.

Regards

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 06:03 PM
One of the fine qualities possessed by NT, as vouched by many of his co-stars, and a very rare among cine artistes, was that he used to encourage his fellow actors to perform better and at times he used to even enact their roles in a particular scene. This is known to almost all the people. I have read in an interview by AVM Saravanan that during the making of "Uyarndha Manidhan" the relationship between NT and SA Asokan was not that good. SAA played the role of NT's friend cum family doctor, who knows the secret of NT's wedding with Vanishree, and that character dies in between. A meaty role indeed. [It is another matter that NT wanted to play the doctor role but the senior AVM was stubborn that if the movie is made it is with NT playing the lead role only and the rest is history]. But if you watch the movie, you just cannot make out that NT and SAA were not in talking terms. In fact, during the filming of of a particular scene, NT volunteered to SAA to enact his scene and SAA performed later. Such is the level of dedication and involvement of NT that he reached out to even his foes with the sole aim making the scene good.

Similar was the situation of strained relationship between NT and SSR, during the making of "Deiva Piravi" and between NT and TS Balaiah during the making of "Thillana Mohanambaal". [This information I read in a website]. Please do not interpret that I am pointing a finger towards NT. There could be several reasons, so many factors for a misunderstanding. But the point to be noted is that when you watch these movies you can never make out the fact. Especially, in the scenes involving NT and TSB in the epic TM, one can cherish the kind of enduring relationship between the two characters, but the undercurrent misunderstanding between the persons playing the chracters hardly comes to the fore! What to say of these stalwarts!!

Another virtue of NT is that he was never money minded. Mukta Srinivasan had written in an article that NT used to get less remuneration from MS, as compared to the amount he used to receive from other producers.

Another incident narrated by AVM Saravanan: We all know that NT rendered a serling performance in "Kaaval Deivam". Though his was a guest appearance his performance was pivotal to the movie. The movie was produced by veteran actor SV Subbiah. After the completion of the movie, it seems that SVS had sent the renumeration Rs 25,000/-, again there was misunderstanding between the two, to NT in a tiffin box. An outraged NT promptly returned the amount. Imagine the vaule of this amount in those days.

These two incidents clearly show that NT was keen on characters rather than cash.

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 06:17 PM
Coming to the fact that NT encouraged his fellow artistes here is one more example as told by Nagesh in an interview:

None can forget the "Sivan-Dharumi" scene in the magnum opus "Thirvilayaadal". If you watch the scene carefully, you can notice that during the last shot of the 'question-answer' session between NT and Nagesh, NT will walk straight telling the answers, in his inimitable style, and Nagesh will follow him asking the questions. For every correct reply from NT Nagesh will bend towards backwards almost touching the ground, in the end. Of course, NT being in the lead can not see the actions of Nagesh who is behind him. After the screening of the rushes of this scene an overwhelmed NT told AP Nagarajan, the producer-director of the movie, not to delete even a single shot of the scene as this scene would be the highlight of the movie. That very scene catapulted Nagesh to greater heights. What a vision and what a large heartedness!! Nagesh confessed that it was because of NT he became very popular among the masses in TN.

DHANUSU
30th June 2007, 06:18 PM
Coming to the fact that NT encouraged his fellow artistes here is one more example as told by Nagesh in an interview:

None can forget the "Sivan-Dharumi" scene in the magnum opus "Thirvilayaadal". If you watch the scene carefully, you can notice that during the last shot of the 'question-answer' session between NT and Nagesh, NT will walk straight telling the answers, in his inimitable style, and Nagesh will follow him asking the questions. For every correct reply from NT Nagesh will bend towards backwards almost touching the ground, in the end. Of course, NT being in the lead can not see the actions of Nagesh who is behind him. After the screening of the rushes of this scene an overwhelmed NT told AP Nagarajan, the producer-director of the movie, not to delete even a single shot of the scene as this scene would be the highlight of the movie. That very scene catapulted Nagesh to greater heights. What a vision and what a large heartedness!! Nagesh confessed that it was because of NT he became very popular among the masses in TN.

Murali Srinivas
30th June 2007, 07:43 PM
Dear Dhanusu,

About the Uyarndha Manidhan incident, AVM Saravanan had further said the scene where Asokan reacts in the party leading to his death, NT had magnanimously allowed Asokan to occupy centre stage because that will help the movie. He volunteered to enact the scene to Asokan and showed him how to do that. Saravanan went on to say that Asokan did not do even 25% of what NT showed but still won accolades.

Dharumi, everybody knows. Two months after NT passed away, Raj TV conducted a stage programme (Imayathirukku Oru Anjali) in which Nagesh spoke and commented " Ayirakkanakana padangal-le nadichuten; aana innamum Nagesh-na andha dharumiyathan pesarangaa " .

There are many many such anectodes about NT like this.

Regards

saradhaa_sn
1st July 2007, 12:04 PM
Dharumi, everybody knows. Two months after NT passed away, Raj TV conducted a stage programme (Imayathirukku Oru Anjali) in which Nagesh spoke and commented " Ayirakkanakana padangal-le nadichuten; aana innamum Nagesh-na andha dharumiyathan pesarangaa " .

திருவிளையாடலில் வரும் சிவன் - தருமி உரையாடல் காட்சி பற்றி நாகேஷ் ஒரு பத்திரிகையில் பின் வருமாறு குறிப்பிட்டுருந்தார்.

"அந்த காட்சி படமாக்கப்படுவதற்கு முன்னர் சிவாஜி சார் என்னை தனியே அழைத்து, "இதோ பாருடா. இந்த காட்சி படத்தில் ரொம்ப முக்கியமான சீன். நல்லா நடிக்கனும். என்னா?" என்றார். அதுக்கு நான் "பக்கத்தில நீங்க இருக்கும்போது எனக்கு என்னங்க கவலை. நான் ஏதாவது தப்பு பண்ணினாலும் நீங்க விட்டுவீங்களா?" என்றேன்.

காட்சி படமாக்கப்பட்டு முடிந்தது. படம் முடிந்து, ரிலீஸுக்கு முன்னால் திரையுலகைச் சேர்ந்த அனைவருக்கும் ஏ.பி.என்.சார் ஒரு சிறப்புக் காட்சி ஏற்பாடு செய்திருந்தார். அதற்கு சிவாஜி சாரும் வந்திருந்தார்.

படம் பார்த்து முடிந்ததும் அனைவருக்கும் முன்னால் என்னை அழைத்து, "ஏண்டா, இந்த சீன்ல நல்லா நடின்னுதானே சொன்னேன். அதுக்கு ஒரேயடியா இந்த சீன்ல நான் இருக்கிறதையே தெரியாமல் பண்ணிட்டியேடா" என்று சிரித்துக்கொண்டே மனதார பாராட்டினார். எனக்கு அது பெரிய விருது கிடைத்தது போலிருந்தது. எல்லோருக்கும் முன்னால் இப்படி சொல்ல பெரிய மனது வேண்டும். அது அவரிடம் இருந்தது".

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:31 PM
[tscii:aa4cfde53e]I am reproducing some of the results from various internet news:

Sivaji was honored by being invited as the Chief Guest to inaugurate the 26th International Film Festival of India, which was held in Bombay in January 1995, the Centenary year of Cinema.·

The lead actor, Gerard Butler, seem to have studied Nadigar thilagam's videos. Well, he is the only guy who can actually 'act' while others miserably fail even to 'over act'.

Imdb.com –universal movie database site
In 1962, Ganesan toured the U.S., where he was given the honour of being the mayor of Niagara City for one day. He along with the former Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru were the only two Indians to be honoured this way.

During a visit to the U.S. in June 1995, Sivaji Ganesan found himself in Columbus, Ohio. Mayor Greg Lashutka named him honorary citizen of Columbus at a special dinner.

Marlon Brando is supposed to have told Sivaji Ganesan that Ganesan can act like him (Brando) but he can never act like Sivaji Ganesan.

[/tscii:aa4cfde53e]

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:33 PM
[tscii:31c16b8a60]
To commemorate the thespian, B.H. Mayer Mint – Germany, Europe’s largest and the world’s leading private mint has immortalised Dr.Sivaji Ganesan on the obverse of the Dr. Sivaji V.C. Ganesan Medallion. This exquisite medallion is expertly stroked from superb quality 999.9 fine yellow gold through high-technology production processes. Minted according to the highest quality standards in proof condition with a limited mintage of 10,000 pieces, the Dr. Sivaji V.C. Ganesan Medallion is guaranteed to be of the finest quality and gold content. [/tscii:31c16b8a60]

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:39 PM
A commemorative function on behalf of late Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan was held in Colombo, the capital city of Ceylon, on 4th March, 2002.
Kamalhassan, Sarathkumar, Nepolian, Vijayakumar, Sinny Jayanth, actresses Sarojadevi, Radhiga, Manorama, Manjula, Meena and film P.R.O. Diamond Babu took part in the function

Fans of Sivaji Ganesan thronged the auditorium.
Real life-size, decorated portrait of Sivaji Ganesan was kept on the stage. Indian Ambassador to Ceylon, lighted the 'Kuththu Vilakku'. Ceylon, West region State Minister, Alaavi Maulana, presided over the function. Under the presidentship of Kamalhassan actors and actresses cast the life-size garland around Sivaji Ganesan's portrait.
Earlier, Sivaji Ganesan's friend and Mayurapathi koil trustee Pon Vallipuram made his welcome speech, which was as follows:
Sri Lanka's ruling party members and the members of opposition parties have come here. We place before the Government three demands: A bronze statue which is a replica of Sivaji Ganesan should be created and a special site at the Kala Bhavan cultural art centre should be allotted for installing this statue. A special stamp displaying Sivaji Ganesan'sportrait should be released. An important road in Colombo should be newly named after Sivaji Ganesan.

I also read sometime a road is named after Sivaji Ganesan in Ceylon.

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:40 PM
Great Andhra.com
The people who do not bother the criticisms may sometimes get delighted for words of high praise. But Bhanumathi was one such actress who is an exception even for that. Once there used to be Madras Film Favorites Association.

The association used to give away awards for notable artistes every year. Bhanumathi didn't come for two successive years to receive the award. She won an award for 'Vipranarayana' in the year 1954. The award ceremony was took place in 1956.

After everybody received the awards, best actress award was announced for Bhanumathi. But she wasn't present in the function. Then Nadigar Thilagam Shivaji Ganesan received the award on her behalf and personally went to Bhanumathi's house and submitted. There was only one audience at that time and that was Bhanumathi's husband, Rama Krishna.

Thus Shivaji Ganesan turned delivery boy for Bhanumathi in that occasion. That's the humble and down to earth nature of that hero

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:43 PM
www.srikumar.com

Honours Bestowed Upon Sivaji Ganesan: In 1962 Sivaji Ganesan toured America as its Special Guest. There, he was given one of the highest houours of being the Mayor of Niagara City for one day. After Prime Minister Nehru, Sivaji was the only Indian to get this honour.
In Hollywood he met world famous actors like Marlon Brando and some leading Cinema technicians

This makes sense for us to believe "Marlan Brando had told NT that NT can act like him but Brando can't act like NT"

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:49 PM
What "Pillaiyaar Chuzhi" is for Letters (Yezhuththu), Sivaji Ganesan is for acting. Without touching him or starting with him the dictionary of acting won't get completed
Wherever Tamils live there the name of Sivaji Ganesan has become the household word for them.

The 'Pillaiyar Chuzhi' for Sivaji's acting was drawn by a 'theru kooththu' drama (folk drama) titled "Veera Pandia Kattabomman". Only on seeing that he developed a craze for acting and joined 'Boys Company', a popular drama troupe! Even after his entry into cinema and even while his popularity was going on growing day by day, he didn't forget 'Kattabomman'. Through his 'Sivaji Nadaka Mandram' he enacted that drama on stage for 100 times! Even many more times it could have been enacted had not his throat got hurt and started bleeding because of his ferocious dialogue delivery. While he was acting in the climax scene he delivered emotional dialogue against Banerman, he bleeded and fell unconscious! All were shocked. It was that film enacted by him taking that much serious risks that fetched him the "Best Actor Award" at the Afro-Asian Cinema Festival at Cairo, Egypt in the year 1960! He was the first Indian actor to get such a Foreign Award.

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:50 PM
Chennaibest.com
Perhaps the greatest tribute to Sivaji was paid by the great Hollywood actor, Marlon Brando, who spoke of him saying,"He can act like me but I can't act like him."

sankara1970
1st July 2007, 12:54 PM
[tscii:cfb59ad06a]Sangam.org

Around the time [in 1961 or 1962] when his signature movie Pasa Malar was released, Sivaji Ganesan visited Colombo. I heard the following story around 1975 from my mentor Vannai G.Shanmuganantham, who was an eye-witness. At a cultural function held at the Saraswathie Hall, Bambalapitiya, Sivaji Ganesan was the guest of honor. With his roving eye, he had a glance at the orchestra performing at the side of the stage. During intermission, he rushed to the orchestra team and stood in front of the clarinetist E.Subbiah Pillai., who was calm and composed. With stretched hands, Sivaji greeted him, “Neenga Subbiah Annan ille” [Aren’t you Subbiah elder?]. The clarinetist softly responded in the affirmative. Then, Sivaji immediately hugged his long-lost boyhood pal, and was overcome with emotion. The words fumbled from his mouth.“Anne! Suhama irukeengala? Eppavo, Ceylonukku oodi poonatha sonnanga. Athukappuram, oru sethiyum kiddaikale.” [Brother, are you keeping fine? Those days, I heard that you have run to Ceylon. After that, I didn’t hear any news about you.]Then only it became known to the fellow members of that orchestra team that Sivaji Ganesan [a junior] and Subbiah Pillai [a senior] were boyhood pals in a boys drama troupe, and one day [partly because of the disciplinary tactics of their tutors and partly because of the lure provided by a sea-crossing trip to Ceylon], Subbiah Pillai had moved to Ceylon without announcing his decision to his then clique. Thus, the pals became separated. In the intervening 25 years or so, while Sivaji Ganesan became a famous movie star in Chennai, Subbiah Pillai established himself as a clarinetist in the Radio Ceylon artiste. Subbiah Pillai, as a senior to Sivaji Ganesan, might have taught a few ‘steps’ in the art world then, to the talented rookie. Sivaji never forgot the face of his senior. I personally knew Subbiah Pillai ‘Master’ in the late 1960s and early 1970s. In fact, for my flute debut performance [Arangetram] held on December 3, 1971, at the Bambalapitiya Sammangodu Vinayagar Temple, my mentor T.P. Jesudas honored him by requesting him to ‘keep the Talam [rhythm keeper]’ in front of me. Then, after I entered the university, due to demands on time, I lost much contact with those older generation of musicians. One day [before I heard this Sivaji Ganesan anecdote from violinist Shanmuganantham Master] I received the news with shock that Subbiah Pillai ‘Master’ had died in Jaffna Hospital, following a medical misadventure after an operation. Even now, I get a lump in my throat when I think about the calm and composed Subbiah Pillai Master – a senior to Sivaji Ganesean of his old drama troupe days - who was the only clarinetist I knew in Colombo in those days.[/tscii:cfb59ad06a]

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:12 PM
One more writeup on NT. Contains the information that the rights of the epic TM were bought by 20th Century fox

http://www.nst.com.my/blogs/fillips/190

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:15 PM
Another piece of information on NT

http://members.tripod.com/~shri_ram/sivaji.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:18 PM
NT's photo gallery

http://www.thehindujobs.com/thehindu/gallery/sg/sg000.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:22 PM
A small thread on some of NT movies

http://nramki.blogspot.com/2006/03/michael-holding-and-sivaji-ganesan.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:25 PM
Another thread on NT

http://ahambaavam.blogspot.com/2007/02/versatility-of-sivaji-ganesan.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:28 PM
Another thread on NT

http://ahambaavam.blogspot.com/2007/02/sivaji-ganesan-not-stereotypical.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:32 PM
A tribute to NT

http://www.idlebrain.com/celeb/bio-data/bio-sivaji.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:35 PM
Another bunch of tributes on NT

http://www.hinduonnet.com/2001/07/22/stories/0222000e.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:43 PM
Two interesting writeups on NT

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Sivaji_Ganeshan-61702-1.html

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Sivaji_Ganeshan-74726-1.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:47 PM
[tscii:b3e6a290a0]
To commemorate the thespian, B.H. Mayer Mint – Germany, Europe’s largest and the world’s leading private mint has immortalised Dr.Sivaji Ganesan on the obverse of the Dr. Sivaji V.C. Ganesan Medallion. This exquisite medallion is expertly stroked from superb quality 999.9 fine yellow gold through high-technology production processes. Minted according to the highest quality standards in proof condition with a limited mintage of 10,000 pieces, the Dr. Sivaji V.C. Ganesan Medallion is guaranteed to be of the finest quality and gold content. [/tscii:b3e6a290a0]

Dear Sankara

Following link provides the full information

http://www.mayermint.com/MayermintShop/NumismaticsShop/SpecialCommemorative/DrSivaji.asp

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:50 PM
Voices of some of our honourable MPs in parliment about NT
http://164.100.24.208/debate/debtext.asp?slno=2428&ser=&smode=

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 05:56 PM
An excellent article on NT By. Dr. Krishnaswamy
http://www.thehindujobs.com/thehindu/2001/07/27/stories/09270221.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:08 PM
A touching tribute to NT
http://www.geocities.com/bbreviews/views/sivaji.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:13 PM
The ultimate scene from the ultimate movie enacted by the ultimate ACTOR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTRl7PudH2c

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:17 PM
Some snaps of NT's statue and some comments on NT

http://chennai.metblogs.com/archives/2006/07/sivaji_statue_2.phtml

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:19 PM
Another article on NT

http://www.dinakaran.com/cinema/english/cinmaha/2001/august/02-09-01.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:23 PM
Meet a die-hard NT fan (A must-watch for all of us)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eePzfHcWfHs

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:25 PM
NT's photo cube

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Oracle/1503/shiv.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 06:58 PM
A review of the movie KOT
http://www.thenisai.com/tamil/movies/kothamizhan.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:07 PM
This article touches on the popularity of NT in Sri Lanka

http://sundaytimes.lk/010722/newsm.html#1LABEL3

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:09 PM
A review on "Andha Naal"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0154153/

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:22 PM
A wonderful writeup on NT, by an ardent MT fan!!

http://rakeshkumar7.tripod.com/id223.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:30 PM
Another article on NT by Rakesh

http://rakeshkumar7.tripod.com/id46.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:36 PM
The following piece of information gives an idea about NT's popularity abroad.

Tuesday, September 30, 2003
Remembering Sivaji on his birthday:

This gloomy eyed guy became the biggest star of tamil cinema and the first guy who was called as A Man with thousand faces. Featured by a swaggering gait, protuding big expressive eyes, enviable gift of acting was Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan. His ability to get into the skin of the character was envied by his contemporaries. Over his ruling of tamil cinema for more than 50 years, he has acted in all sorts of roles and but unfortunately did not bag all kinds of awards.

Doesn't matter he still stays in the hearts of good cinema lovers. Here is a piece of note left by my friend senthil in the comments when he reminded me of shivaji's birthday. Read this. Goosebumps ahead. Take care.

im surprised to see the love and affection they have for chevalier sivaji ganesan here in Malaysia.Though they don't have the poster culture, there were continuous programmes in tamil radio channel and articles in tamil dailies .For eg, the aired his famous dialogue clippings from parasakthi to padiayappa,song snippets from all his famous films,interviews given by actors like superstar , kamal all this since morning ( now the time is just 12.00 noon).I remembered the day when he died , where radio 6 - a tamil radio channel conducted interviews where people were cryin and choking without words.Almost around 200 people( im not exaggerating) saw his death procession in TV standing in front of a cofee shop.I was surprised to see even young guys watching with tears in their eyes.Sivaji lived like a king and died like a king. Actors should not even try to match this great man...He will live in the hearts of all the tamils througout the world.

Courtesy:http://lazygeek.blogspot.com/2003_09_01_archive.html

joe
1st July 2007, 07:39 PM
A wonderful writeup on NT, by an ardent MT fan!!

http://rakeshkumar7.tripod.com/id223.html

:) He is none other than our hubber and one of the great contributors of this thread ,Groucho070 ,who was a MT fan ,but now an adrent NT fan.

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:53 PM
A nice article on NT

http://www.goldentamilcinema.com/aricle_hindu_siavaji.html

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:55 PM
Another nice piece of information on NT

http://www.goldentamilcinema.com/sivali-article_nov06.htm

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 07:57 PM
A review of the film "Vietnam Veedu"

http://poll.imdb.com/title/tt0316854/usercomments

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 08:03 PM
Obituary: NT, India Today

http://www.india-today.com/itoday/20010806/obituary.shtml

DHANUSU
1st July 2007, 08:07 PM
No words to describe!!! Just watch

http://inagardencalledlife.blogspot.com/2007/04/ullathil-nalla-ullam.html

ragasuda
2nd July 2007, 06:16 AM
Dear Dhanusu,
It's Dhanusu wave sweeping the hub. Thank you Dhanusu for the important links. It's really heartening to see the youngsters not only to be the fan of NT but also taking so much pains and furnishing loads of info. Keep it up.
Sincerely,
V. Raghavendran.

sankara1970
2nd July 2007, 11:29 AM
Dear Mr Dhanusu

Wonderful links and great effort!

Jilaba
2nd July 2007, 01:23 PM
Dear Dhanusu..

You are bringing out valuable informations about NT, with wonderful links, which help NT Fans and others to know more about him.

Really most of the links given by you are new to me, which I never visited.

We are lucky to have you with us.

Hats Off....

Murali Srinivas
2nd July 2007, 08:17 PM
Oru Naal Forum visit pannavilai,atharkul ithanai post-a endru achariyapattu ponen. Just as Mr.Raghavendran had said, it was Dhanusu wave that had swept the thread. Earlier Sankara had also posted several write ups. Konjam vittal Part III -kku than vandhiruppen endru ninaikiren.

Dhanusu kodutha links full-aga padikkavillai. Let me come back.
Great work Dhanusu.

Regards

joe
2nd July 2007, 08:49 PM
தனுசு அவர்களின் தகவல் மழையில் நனைந்தோம்..இன்புற்றோம்! நன்றி!! :D

joe
2nd July 2007, 09:09 PM
I don't knopw how many of you are watching Vishali Kannadasan's 'Nenjam Marappathillai' Programme on NT ,every saturday at Vijay TV.

IMO ,It is a total disappointment for me ..She had wasted a golden opertunity ..It is a poor compilation.

After many episodes on Kavinjar Kannadasan ,Now it has been many weeks for NT ..But Vishali still spends most time with self proclaim ,talk about kannadasan and MGR.

It is a programme on Nadigar Thilagam ..but she never uttered a word 'Nadigar Thilagam' ,she always call 'Thiru Sivaji ganesan' ,but she never failed to mention Puratchi thalaivar many times irrelevant to this programme.

I don't know who asked Vishali kannadasan to present a programme on NT : :banghead:

joe
2nd July 2007, 09:17 PM
Looks like Last week Vijay TV telecasted many NT movies including Mahakavi KaLidass.

joe
2nd July 2007, 09:26 PM
Shall we continue in new thread ...part 3 :D

Murali Srinivas
2nd July 2007, 09:31 PM
Congrats to all NT fans and fellow forum hubbers to have made this Part II also as a grand success. 200 not out and still going strong. As rightly mentioned by many neutrals we feel proud that this is the THE THREAD OF THE HUB.

Long Live this thread and Long Live NT's name.

Regards

joe
2nd July 2007, 09:40 PM
Please continue here...

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10065