PDA

View Full Version : The case of an arranged marriage

maxi
10th August 2006, 03:34 PM
[tscii:47035c6ab8]Some back ground details:

It is the case of an arranged wedding. They met once when he had come over to his home country, were engaged on mutual consent and had about 10months between their engagement and the wedding. He used to call her every week ever since and they spoke for hours. Nothing really romantic about their conversations... just some happenings in his day to day life. She hardly spoke... normally just loves to hear him speak... for he had a great sense of humor. He loved his own voice.

The telephonic conversation took them nowhere. They still had not known much about each other... but 10months passed by and they were ready to be married. She was just out of college.. and had not even thought of a relationship…. Leave alone going off to a foreign land. She has never left her parents before. She neither felt bad nor was sorry that she had to leave them. She still has not realized the seriousness of the relationship.

She had warned her parents and the others around that they are not supposed to cry when she gets married… not realizing that she’ll be crying for the rest of her life.

He did not have much of a vacation so had to go back to work, a week later. She was waiting for her visa process to be complete. The whole of the week, they had been so busy visiting temples and relatives that they could hardly spend some time together. He then leaves. They continue their telephonic conversations.. which is now a daily affair… 5mins a day. Again… not a nice way to know each other........ to be continued

depending on the response, I would like to continue.[/tscii:47035c6ab8]

bingleguy
10th August 2006, 03:36 PM
idhu kadhayaa karpanayaa illai nijamaa :roll: :-) Maxi ... welcome to the hub :-) keep goin !

maxi
10th August 2006, 03:37 PM
nejamave idhu kadhadan BG. en indha kelvi?

bingleguy
10th August 2006, 03:39 PM
huh ! :roll: :shock: u sound like an old hubber !

well anyways .... so when are u starting the actual story !

maxi
10th August 2006, 03:41 PM
i'm a newbie in the sense of posting. but i've been followign the posts for quite a while now. seri unga kadha enna achu?

i'll be starting off in about a week ... appuram paarunga namba speeda.

pavalamani pragasam
10th August 2006, 03:52 PM
The facts related are sounding true & familiar. Phone conversations & chatting after long engagements are quite accepted are regular feature in middle class arranged marriages. It is absolutely true it in no way helps the pair to know each other. It is true also that today girls lack deep sensitivity, awareness of what is what!!!

Now the story is going to be a melodrama, the heroine, it is already announced is going to cry the rest of her life!!! No, girls nowadays aren't so ill-fated. Repair is possible!

bingleguy
10th August 2006, 04:43 PM
i'm a newbie in the sense of posting. but i've been followign the posts for quite a while now. seri unga kadha enna achu?

i'll be starting off in about a week ... appuram paarunga namba speeda.

oh kewl !
hmn .... observers kitta jaakardhaiyaa irukkanum ;-)

ya .. goin on ... hope u r following the story :-) why dont u give ur comments on the same :-) atleast now .. as u ve started posting ...

well :thumbsup: Go ahead ! All the best !

crazy
15th August 2006, 02:35 PM
depending on the response, I would like to continue

pls do cont. :)

bingleguy
15th August 2006, 04:07 PM
5 days aayiduchu nnu ninaikiren :roll:

waiting for ur updates !

Sanguine Sridhar
16th August 2006, 02:16 PM
5 days aayiduchu nnu ninaikiren :roll:

waiting for ur updates !