PDA

View Full Version : Pick of the week: 1 Mar to 5 Aug 2006

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

balaji
20th July 2006, 10:54 PM
Ramki

Duet Illai endru solli Vitteer? Hm..

I know of no song with PJ, VJ, PS and SJ together..

My guess is
Film: Nalladhoru Kudumbam
SOng: Sevvaname
Singers: TL Maharajan, Kalyani Menon and BSS
Lyrics: Kannadasan
MD: IR

Not a rare song, but the best I can think of

Bala

Ramki
21st July 2006, 03:03 AM
Bala its not a rare song ? I thought it was not aired very often :(.

Anyway you guessed it right, thats the next song :)

balaji
21st July 2006, 03:58 AM
Wow! Ramki, I am impressed with myself.

Yes Ramki, andha padal adikadi poda patta padal allava?

YvsMani

Adiyenai Paramma JOlly Abraham illayo?

Bala

madhu
21st July 2006, 04:07 AM
balaji : neenga solradhu correct ! "adiyenai paramma" jolly-than. "swing swing"-thaan PJ !

Ramki
21st July 2006, 04:59 AM
Pick #351

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/sevvaname_nk.rm

Song: sevvaname ponmegame
Movie: nallathoru kudumbam
Singers :Jayachandran, BSSasirekha, SNSurendar, Kalyani Menon
Lyrics: kaNNadasan
MD:iLaiyaraja

This is one of the IR song that makes me miss 70s IR more. The energy he displays in the interludes and tune is just delightful.
This fast and jubilant song, picturised on 4 youngsters, is in sharp contrast to the slow and melodious 'sindhu nadhikaraioram' picturised on 2 middleagers.
Since the actors are mostly unknowns(master sridhar? Kutti padmini? and?)IR uses then new singers like SNS and kalyani Menon. I think this is the only song KM sang for IR.

I did watch NK but many many years ago so dont remember much.
I know the story is on marital problems of Sivaji and Vanisree. I do not remember the details.

When i mention a good song i should also talk about bad songs.
'pattathellaam pothumaa'(TMS) is one of the worst song by IR. TMS will literally hijack the song with his over the top expressions and loud delivery.

Ramki
21st July 2006, 05:08 AM
Bala,
Im not sure if TLM is the other male singer in the song? I remember it as SNS and it sounds like him too

premananth
21st July 2006, 07:50 AM
SN23, If I'm not mistaken "Kaathal Vaiboghame" from Suvar illaatha sithiranggal, also the song under GA + Kannadasanar combination.

Nice songs Ramki sir. MAM paattu naan kettathe yillai. thanks for the songs.

balaji
21st July 2006, 08:33 AM
Ramkit
I think it is a movie on misunderstandings. Vani will suspect Sivaji had a relation with Deepa (Amam Avungale than) and they separate and then unite years later.

The Hindi version (this was a super-duper Telugu hit) had Rekha and Jeetender and the popular hit "Marugaye Tere Mere Judaai". I think Aruna Irani acted in Deepa's role

The file was a ok-hit in Telugu, but failed in Tamil. I think Hindi Movie came later than Tamil.

Naaz, ungaluku theriyuma?

Bala

balaji
21st July 2006, 08:35 AM
Ramkit
I think it is a movie on misunderstandings. Vani will suspect Sivaji had a relation with Deepa (Amam Avungale than) and they separate and then unite years later.

The Hindi version (this was a super-duper Telugu hit) had Rekha and Jeetender and the popular hit "Marugaye Tere Mere Judaai". I think Aruna Irani acted in Deepa's role

The file was a ok-hit in Telugu, but failed in Tamil. I think Hindi Movie came later than Tamil.

Naaz, ungaluku theriyuma?

Bala

Naaz
21st July 2006, 09:22 AM
Ramki -

You are so right! Late 70s/Early 80s IR brilliance has never been matched by IR himself! This song is a put the roof down of your convertible, step on the pedal, and feel the breeze whisper sweeter nothings in your ear while the music runs its fingers through your hair kind of song! A charming romp of carefree adolescence in every bar, every strum. One of my favorites! Thanks for featuring it!

balaji -

"Judaai" is the film you are referring to. It had that atrocious Abba-lift "Saamne Aa, Dheke Zamaana Sara...Voulez-vous, aha, Jawani Yaad Aa Gayi" with Jeetendra on the dance floor...a truly dark night for the mirror balls of discotheques the worldover.
Rekha falls in love with "playboy" Jeetendra and marries him. He, being a boy who likes to play with women, keeps playing with other women even after they have their first child. Rekha can take it no more, so pregnant with the playboy's second boy, she says boy-oh-boy. enough already, and packs her bags, leaving the older boy with the playboy. Later, like many years, the two brothers (Arun "Ramayan" Govil and "Geet Gaata" Sachin...a casting coup of Rajshri proportions) meet up and don't know they are brothers and all but can still sense that common jolly-jolly Jeetu gene, and Rekha reappears with some serious glasses while Jeetendra just keeps dancing...

T. Rama Rao gave us this unforgettable film, just like he gave us the other immortal Jeetu-Rekha vehicle, Ek Hi Bhool (Mouna Geethangal) ...yep, one mistake is never good enough! :D (I saw them both!)

SN23
21st July 2006, 12:21 PM
Prem: Thanks for your info :-)

Ramki: SevvAnamE ponmEgamE is sung by JC, BSS, TL Maharajan and KalyaNi Menon. I guess it was for Nizhalgal Ravi, Shankarabaranam Rajalakshmi, Master Sridhar and Kutti Padmini. Not very sure though !!

Both female voices are not at all apt. KM sang in very feeble voice. Just because she is mother of Rajeev menon, she was given some songs in films (in my opinion).

I don't know why IR chose JC for this less-scope song (one line in each charanam) :-(

NK is a good film (based on ego clash between the couple) except that play boy role played by SG in the first half. His dance on 1 2 cha cha cha is hopeless :banghead:

But Vanishri did a good job after she becomes aged. Definitely she was a good fit in 2nd half.

Obviously the top song goes to Sindhu nadhi karai Oram in NK.

yvsmani
21st July 2006, 01:49 PM
this song is one of my favourites.... especially vanathilae meththai ittu by BSS - romba nalla irukkom ketka. paadalil maximum varum la lala lalalah paadalin music konjam uchchathirkku kondu selvathu pol thonum.

aduththu enna ?? PJ,VJ,SPB,Jency from azhaghae unnai aarathikkeren ?? (e masthana ??)

yvsmani
21st July 2006, 01:51 PM
"Judaai" - pazhaya padam veru undaa ?? enakku a decade back vantha judaai thaan theriyum

S.Balaji
21st July 2006, 02:22 PM
SN23

Ungaludaya star cast listingla chinna change I think

Shadow Ravi - I think it was Sekar ( who acted as Swami Ayyappan )
Rest are correct ! :D

Coconut Srinivasan - Manorama comedy will be irritating - loads of vulgarity

Ramki - Vazakkam pola unga sirippu punch idhiluma !?
I mean you have mentioned about MIDDLE AGED PAIR for Sindhu Nadhikarai Oram ?! :D

This movie is produced by K.Balajee ( Sujatha Cine arts ) . I feel both NT & Vanishree were well above their middle age :cry:

Ramki.

There is another song here - KANNA UN LEELA VINODHAM- NT with all the young girls !
If you compare this song with KADHAL MALAR KOOTAM ONDRU - Romba varuthama irukkum :oops:

Another song I recollect - a type of Rap :lol: TMS - Rambambaba rambabamba !!

The story was nice & simple but I think as per Murali Srinivas Anna ( PL ALL READ HIS POSTS IN NADIGAR THILAGAM THREAD ) this movie was an average grosser

The story is similar to Rishimoolam's

Bye

S.Balaji

Naaz
23rd July 2006, 12:06 AM
To All:

A reminder:

Sunday, 23rd July 2006

A selection of Fine Tunes by IR & ARR

on

www.citr.ca

8-10 pm (PDT) (Monday Morning in India.)

The programme is webcast. Click on Listen Live when you log on to the site.

Spread the word!!

Naaz

balaji
23rd July 2006, 02:45 AM
naaz

is it possible to record this and can request Ramki/RR to host this on tfmpage?

Bala

Ramki
24th July 2006, 02:46 AM
Pick #352

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/arangan_tt.rm

Song: aranganaayaki irangi vaa
Movie: thunaive thunai
Singers : BSSasirekha, LRAnjali
Lyrics: kaNNadasan ?
MD:MSViswanathan

Thanks NeelD for sending this song. I have never listened to this before.
I have watched TT long long ago(late 70s maybe?) on DD. I remember it was a interesting thriller with Jaishankar and Prabha.
The only song i remember from TT is 'aagaythil thottil'.

Todays song sounds quite different. The arrangements and tune are not is usual style of MSV.

tfmlover
24th July 2006, 03:23 AM
good day ramki i saw vhs.
rajasulotchanaa a vamper her bimbos dancing .
another LRE song too ..'kallil poo edupom...same aagayathil thottil katti 'abarnaa' dances .

balaji
24th July 2006, 07:40 AM
Ilangai Vanoliyil Keattadhu , Thanks Ramki

I think there was a hindi version of this movie.

Was Vinodh Mehra the hero? Not sure

Bala

S.Balaji
24th July 2006, 05:52 PM
[tscii:38f3646613]Ramki

I remember watching Thunive Thunai during school days ! The first 30 minutes were real thriller , especially the deserted raiway stn & the bullock cart ride to the village by Vijaykumar & the same getting repeated when Jai visits !

The night effect will be terrific

MSV's BGM - intimidating !

Jayaprabha ( Pen jenmam pugaz ) was the pair & poor Asokan was more popular in this movie for his MAPLAY MAPLAY ( whenever he sees Jai ). Ada Ambi aladaa aladaa ( asking his assistant to measure everyone to make a coffin box !

Jai will be all fun to watch for another song – TMS-SPB – one of the rare combo ! ACHAM ENNAI NERUNGADHU …AALAI KANDU MAYANGADHU…there will be Jai imposter also !

Jai in geens & typical cowboy type dressing ! all real fun if you see today !! even the hair colour will be greyish !!

Yeah….. Rajasulochana was the villie ( another terrible movie was Gayathri ) . I recollect having seen Kannan & Ramdas …..& other cast

What promised to be a real thriller ended in a comic mode

[/tscii:38f3646613]

Ramki
26th July 2006, 06:39 AM
Thanks everyone. The song is quite good for its genre. So the aranganayki the song mention is Rajasulochana? Should it be
arakkanayaki? Just curious:)

I will post the next song tomorrow

balaji
26th July 2006, 07:13 AM
Ramki

any clues?

bala

premananth
26th July 2006, 07:48 AM
Ramki Sir,

I listen the song for first time... nice... nall siledai varthaigaL...

Yes, please give clues before you host the songs... just for fun...

ha...ha...ha...

Neel D
26th July 2006, 09:56 AM
Ramki & tfmlover,

aranganAyaki is a thiruvizA song in a village temple festival. Two girls and a whole group of men and women dance.

kallil pU eduppOm is the nightclub dance where Rajasulochana entertains her clients with a dance by her girls. Whoever those dancers are, they do a very good job. I think Rajasulochana wears blonde hair. LRE rocks.

Agayathil thottil is of course the pEi song. All three songs are winners. The fourth song which is also unique but not so great is a bilingual (Tamil-English) duet by TMS&SPB.

Thanks for featuring aranganAyaki. BSS and LRA may not have reached the top tier. But in this song they certainly hold their own, especially BSS.

Ramki
26th July 2006, 05:35 PM
Clue:

A female duet from tamil remake of Hemamalini acted Hindi film.
Jayanthi was the second heroine in the tamil version

balaji
27th July 2006, 12:08 AM
Ramki

"Jayanthi"na "Iru Kodugal - Punnagai Mannan " than Ninaivukku Varudhu. I believe that has no connection with a Hemamalini remake.

If Hemamalini acted hindi film remake, then I can think of "Andaaz". I think it was remade as "Kanimuthu Papa" not too sure, but then I thought Jaya was the heroine (as Directed by Hubby VCGuganathan). May be Jayanthi was also there in the film, not sure have not seen the film.

Even if I am remotely correct, then is the song you are referring'Chiththi Chollu Chollu' by SJ and some singer (was it Jothi/Jothsana/Jeyashri something ). This came in Hindi as Hena BOla Bola by Asha/Sushma Sesht?

Anyways will wait for your posting?

Bala

madhu
27th July 2006, 04:49 AM
balaji

lakshmi was the second heroine in "kanimuthu pappa"

tfmlover
27th July 2006, 06:09 AM
kai niraya soli.. velli vilaa?

Ramki
27th July 2006, 04:56 PM
Pick #353

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/aadiyile_r.rm

Song: aadiyile perukkeduthu
Movie: Radha
Singers : PSuseela, BVasantha
Lyrics: vaali
MD: Shankar Ganesh

Aadi maasam always brings out the nostalgic side in my father. He grew up in srirangam. Kaaveri and koLLidam were
the backdrop of his childhood. aadi is celeberated with frequent trips to kaavirikarai, often with assortment of
food and snacks.
During my last visit to India we took a quick trip to srirangam. It was my first visit in 25 years.
kaveri was definitely not like what my father described. There was not a single drop of water in the river.
It was totally dried up.
What i didnt see in the river, i saw it in my fathers eyes. We left the very next day.
(I believe the heavy rains from last year has helped kaveri flow again).

Lyricist Vaali, who is also from srirangam, quite often refers to kaaveri in many of his songs.
In todays song too, he sings about aadi and kaaveri, but in a different context.

Now to the hindi original 'Dulhan'. It is one of the rare films where Hemamalini did 'act'. For a danceuse,
her face is surprisingly expressionless. No surprise Sridhar rejected her and chose jayalalitha for venniradai.
But in dulhan, she had a author backed role and did full justice to it. She played the role of a village belle
who obsess on her fiance Jeetu. He dies on her wedding night but her heart doesnt accept it. Her mind kind of
goes into temporary amnesia. One day a doctor, with strikingly similar features as her husband, visits her
village and her joy goes overboard. She assumes that her husband is back. The doctor is already married(Jamuna)
and has a kid. But to treat her mental illness he starts acting has her husband. How and what happens after
she realises the truth forms the rest of the story.

Pramila was equally good in the tamil version. Muthuraman played the husband/doctor role and Jayanthi did the
wife's role. SG came up with good numbers like 'kadavuL meedhu aaNai' and 'unnai edhiparthen kaNNa nee vaa'.
Todays song has the rare combination of PS-BV. Did vasantha sing any other song for SG?

Thanks to SRamanathan for sending this song.

balaji
27th July 2006, 05:38 PM
Ramki

Thanks

However small doubt, I believe Dulhan was a remake of a telugu movie, director was our CVRajendaran (Pattakathi and Sivakamiyin Selvan etc..) and came in 1974.

Radha I think came in late 1973/early 1974..

Having said that CVR might have been the director in Tamil/Telugu and Hindi as well.

Anyways, thanks
Bala

madhu
28th July 2006, 07:00 AM
Ramki..

now cauvery is in full flow... like our thread..:P

RR
28th July 2006, 08:17 AM
Good one, it's in the raga Yathukula Kambhoji.

RC
28th July 2006, 08:20 AM
nalla song.. I'm hearing it after a long time.
RR: Hope the problems around the hub have been sorted out! :)

premananth
28th July 2006, 08:20 AM
Nice song Ramki sir. Can't predict the song. Aadi matham poruthamaana paadal. So, Aadi 18-kku "manjaLum thanthaaL malargaL thanthaaL" from Thenum Paalum-paattu undaa?

Ramki Sir, we are lucky and thank to Sridhar Sir, to chose JJ, couldn imagine Hema in the role in VA.

Balaji Sir, Radha directed by A.C.Thrilogachanthar which released on November 1973. but it make doubt about the Producer's name - Sinthar Lal Nahatha.

rajeshkrv
28th July 2006, 09:50 AM
wonderful pick ramki
ps is awesome as always

thumburu
28th July 2006, 04:49 PM
Lovely song!!! With Mother Kaveri brimming with froth , she is bound to quench the thirst of the parched lands and souls.
RR, To me it sounds like "Aarabi" or it could even be "Sudhasaveri" [ enakku swara gyanam poojyam"].
Is "en kaadhal kaNmani" , a very popular SPB solo also from the same movie?

Ramki
28th July 2006, 05:06 PM
Thanks everyone.

Bala, Im not aware of a telugu original but i remember watching pramilas malarum ninaivugaL on DD . She mentioned the role and Hemamalinis performance and how she tried to be as good as her ..blah blah.

My assumption is ACT picturised both the versions simultaneously and released them at the same time.

Premananth, aadikku oru pattu podhaadha?:)

Ramki
28th July 2006, 05:26 PM
Pick #354

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/aarathi_c.rm

Song: aarathi edungadi
Movie: chakravarthy
Singers : PSuseela, Manorama
MD: VKumar

Weeks back Ushashankar requested this funny song. Another rare combination of singers.
The film also had a rare combination of lead actors : jaishankar and saradha. I do not much about the film or other songs.
If anyone does please do post.

tfmlover
29th July 2006, 12:51 AM
Chakravarthi
Krishnan - Panju movie 1977 P.V.T.Productions
Shankar Ganesh
Jaishankar , Sripriya , Y. Vijaya

madhu
29th July 2006, 06:52 AM
Is "en kaadhal kaNmani" , a very popular SPB solo also from the same movie?

its from ravichandran, sheela *ng film... "manjaL kungumam"

tvsankar
29th July 2006, 08:11 AM
Dear Ramki,
Thank you for the song !!!

Nalla padam parka theater poi, adharku ticket kidaikamal, ndha padathirku poga nerndhadhu. Adhu dhan ninaivirku varugiradhu.Padam patri oru ninaivum varavillai !!!! :D

Perivous song patri ------ Kaverin thanneeri (Kaveril illai) appavin kannil parthen enru ezhudhi irundhadhu,

Sirika vaithu sindhika vaithu vittergal !!!

Ungal appavai pol palarin kanneral, Kaveri ku thannir vandhu irukiradhu !!!!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

premananth
29th July 2006, 09:03 AM
Ramki Sir,
Aadikku pothumaa theriyaathu, aanaa enakku pothaathu...ha..ha...ha... just joke.

Enna Sir, ellame female duets-a?

Could you host "thalai vAlzhai ilai pottu" from "Naan Yen Piranthen" ?

I think, Jikki and Janaki had sang only two songs togather. 1st: Manjalum ThanthaL - Thenum Paalum, 2nd: thalai vAlzhai...

Murali Srinivas
29th July 2006, 11:29 AM
Chakravarthi was a movie that dealt with three friends in different professions, I remember. While Jai came as a advocate, Srikanth acted as a police officer. The third person, I don't remember. Jai is wanted for a crime and Srikanth is hot on his heels. This song comes in a situation where they arrange for a function in the house (Valaikappu for Saradha OR 60th Birthday for Jai parents? ) and Srikanth expecting that Jai would be there comes in. It turns out that Saradha is the sister of Srikanth. This is what remember (I am not sure!). The movie came for 1977 Deepavali.

Regards

Murali Srinivas
29th July 2006, 11:29 AM
Chakravarthi was a movie that dealt with three friends in different professions, I remember. While Jai came as a advocate, Srikanth acted as a police officer. The third person, I don't remember. Jai is wanted for a crime and Srikanth is hot on his heels. This song comes in a situation where they arrange for a function in the house (Valaikappu for Saradha OR 60th Birthday for Jai parents? ) and Srikanth expecting that Jai would be there comes in. It turns out that Saradha is the sister of Srikanth. This is what remember (I am not sure!). The movie came for 1977 Deepavali.

Regards

thumburu
29th July 2006, 03:12 PM
premananth, though the tune and singing by SJ and Jikki are peerless in the song "thalai vaazhai ilai pottu" , Iam sore with the male chauvinism and the blind hero[MGR] worship , this song fans

tfmlover
30th July 2006, 12:29 AM
deiva balam ' varave varaathaa jikki sj i think
thanks

Ramki
31st July 2006, 03:47 AM
Thanks everyone.

Prem, i do not have that song :(

Ramki
31st July 2006, 03:52 AM
Pick #355

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/thannan_s.rm

Song: thannanthaniyaaga naan
Movie: sangamam
Singers : TMSoundararajan, PSuseela
Lyrics: kaNNadasan?
MD: TKRamamurthy

I came across this song only few years back and fell in love in the very first listening. I love the pallavi and the anupallvi more than the saranam portion.
After his breakup with MSV, TKR worked in many flop films and i believe sangamam is one of them. I have no other details on this pic. Did it have Jaishankar by any chance?

tfmlover
31st July 2006, 05:01 AM
hi ramky its gemini ganesh kr vijaya

madhu
31st July 2006, 06:45 AM
Hi Ramki

its Gemini in double role with KRV and vennira adai nirmala as jodi..
I remember two more songs "oru pattukku pala ragam" by TMS, "kaNNanidam kEttirundhEn" by PS.

balaji
31st July 2006, 06:48 AM
Romba Nalla Padal Ramki Sir!

TKR has done a good job in weaving a good melody.

Anal andha MSV touch alavu illai. Romba Naal adhu Govardhanan-in isai endru Nainaithu kondu irundhaen, until Oli 96.8 P Balasubramanian announced this as a TKR song.

Violin isai nandraga ulladhu.

Thanks for the song

Bala

Interpreter
31st July 2006, 07:59 AM
Nice song! yes... Gemini Ganesan & KRV.

am back in tfmpage after many years... good to listen to these nice songs and read the discussions again!

madhu
31st July 2006, 08:00 AM
welcome.. interpreter !

Ramki
1st August 2006, 06:16 AM
Thankyou everyone for the details

Welcome back interpreter.

Ramki
1st August 2006, 06:32 AM
Pick #356

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/mappillai_bp.rm

Song: mappillai sirkku vazhthukkaL
Movie: balaparikshai
Lyrics: vaali?
MD: TMSoundararajan

I think this is the only film that had TMS as the MD. Let me know if there are any others.
Other than this song, TMS did not comeup with good numbers for this Sujatha-Muthuraman,PramiLa-Jaiganesh film.

BP, if i remember is one of those malechauvinistic film that looked down on working women. The film is about 2 couples
Muthu-Sujatha and Pramila-JaiG.
Muthu is a middle class average joe with 2 kids. Sujatha is a greedy wife who always makes fun of her husbands inability to earn more. When she decides to get a job her husband doesnt like it.
Jai-Pramila pair both work. But to boost their earnings pramila ends up as a prostitute, police arrests her and the pair commits suicide.
In the end, sujatha learns that working women are all bad and they commit suicide so She accepts her husband and his earnings with contempt.
I might have got some details wrong but i think this is the jist of the film.

Todays song has some nice nadhaswaram interludes and i guess its based on a classical raagam.

Interpreter
1st August 2006, 07:11 AM
Madhu and Ramki,Thank you for the welcome

Another nice choice, Ramki. I remember the arguments by Muthuraman and Sujatha. Each one thinks the other person's job is easy. Then Muthu will stay in the house and do all the housework and Sujatha will go to office. Then both will realize how difficult the other person's job is

balaji
1st August 2006, 08:02 AM
Did not TMS act and provide music for 'Kavirajar Kala
Megam', Vennira Adai Nirmala was in the movie as well.

Bala

rra
1st August 2006, 09:01 AM
Balaji: Music for Kaviraja Kalamegam was by SMS.
Ramki: Very nice choice. In fcat, I was reminded of this song when I first heard the song " Kannodu Kanbadellam" from "Jeans".
RRA

premananth
2nd August 2006, 08:00 AM
Thanks thumburu and tfmlover.

It's ok Ramki Sir but you have host very nice songs. Thanks.

I'm going to watch Balaparikshai this Saturday in local satelite TV. lets watch what the story.. right choice at the right time... thanks again Ramki Sir.

SN23
2nd August 2006, 11:14 AM
Ramki.... IMO, Gemini/TMS combination did not work out well. AM Raja OR PBS was the best fit for GG. Anyway, nothing wrong for a change. ThannanthaniyAga is a out & out PS' song and she sang extremely well. The line "ippadi kEttAl eppadi kaNNa..." is sweetOsweet :-)

MAppiLLai sArukku vazhthukkaL is a song in the wedding reception. The inner feelings of the pair MR+Sujatha come out as idikkum/uraikkum advice to the newly wedded couple. UmayaLpuram sivaraman acted as himself as part of the song (with artificial sirippu) besides playing on his traditional instrument. I vaguely remember NPN brothers also were part of this song for NAdaswaram.

Ramki, whether music for kallum kaniyAgum was scored by TMS? (Kai viralil pirandhadhu nAdham is a great song KK).

I never knew that AadiyilE perukkeduthu was sung by Vasantha also along with PS. Very long time not listened to that song. Thanks Ramki for all the gems :-)

rra
2nd August 2006, 12:05 PM
SN23: kallum Kaniyagum had music by MSV.
RRA

tfmlover
3rd August 2006, 01:06 AM
:)

Ramki
3rd August 2006, 02:55 AM
Thanks everyone for your recollections

rra, 'mappiLLai sir' reminds of 2 more songs:
maanikka theril(esp the second charanam of mappillai) and
sangeetham paada(idhu namma aaLu)

Ramki
3rd August 2006, 03:16 AM
Picks #357 and 358

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/babu_tms.rm
http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/neram_tms.rm

Song: babu babu babu enge/neram vandhaachu
Movie: thai meedhu sathyam
Lyrics: Maruthakasi?

These songs are always fun to listen and also to watch. Rajini with kudumi and kungumapottu was unintentionally hilarious to watch.
Sripriya, who had as his jodi in more than 10 films, made a good pair in this film too.
Devar films were loyal to TMS and PS. They changed heros , heroines and MDs but very rarely these singers.
Rajiniyin thalaikku andha kudumi ethanai poruthamo athanai porutham avarukku pinnani kodutha TMS-in kural :) .

I remember one more TMS solo from TMS :) -Purappaduda thambi purappadudaa

any other song? How was the movie? Was it a hit?

tvsankar
3rd August 2006, 10:06 AM
Dear Ramki,
Thanks for the song !!! Indha kaalai nerathil, indha padalgal ennudaiya oorai ninaivuku vara vaithadhu !!! Pidikamal ketta tunes dhan appodhu !!! Anal padal enbadhu matra ninaivugalaiyum serthu vaithu kondu irukiradhae !!! Thank you once again !!!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
3rd August 2006, 02:57 PM
Ramki,

Thai meedhu Sathiyam ran well in Chennai !

Rajini's kudumi was ofcourse a comic sight. Later he becomes a Clint Eastwood ( & his mentor will be Major who will resemble Good bad & ugly type character ) . All fun :D

The dressing style also will resemble MGR in Vettai karan. Probably Devar had that fascination towards Hollywood stars those days !

TMS sang some more songs for Rajini :

1. Nandooruthu nariyoorudhu
2. Amma , nee sumandha pillai

SN23
3rd August 2006, 03:37 PM
Ramki: Did Rajini played dual role in TMS? I have not seen that movie (may be thank God :-)).

TMS romba mukki munagi pAdarAr (neram vandhachu) :-)

I remember one hindustani based song by PS in TMS. "neeyum nAnum ingu vAzhum vAzhkkai oru koottal kaNNkku thaan". Very well sung by her.

S.Balaji
3rd August 2006, 04:17 PM
Ramki: Did Rajini played dual role in TMS? I have not seen that movie (may be thank God :-)).

TMS romba mukki munagi pAdarAr (neram vandhachu) :-)

I remember one hindustani based song by PS in TMS. "neeyum nAnum ingu vAzhum vAzhkkai oru koottal kaNNkku thaan". Very well sung by her.

SN23

Pl see my previous post . Rajini with a kudimi will transform like clint eastwood suddenly ( under the guidance of Major )
Single role only :D

From Mars
3rd August 2006, 09:55 PM
there is one more song.

'NenjE un aasai enna?'

S.Balaji
3rd August 2006, 10:24 PM
there is one more song.

'NenjE un aasai enna?'

Thats from Naan pota saval - Malaysia Vasu

Interpreter
3rd August 2006, 10:44 PM
Very mediocre songs, Ramki :)

S.Balaji, the song 'nenje unnasai enna' is by TL Maharajan.

yvsmani
3rd August 2006, 11:52 PM
babu song muthal murai ketkireno ennavo... its ok
enakku pidithathu driyo driyo thaan :lol: , maduraiyil chinthamani thiraiarangil 100 naatkalukku mel odiyathu

Ramki
4th August 2006, 03:27 AM
Interprter thanks for being honest. I know they are mediocre but at the same time they are not nonlistenable either :)

Others thanks for the details.

Ramki
4th August 2006, 03:42 AM
Pick #359

http://tfmpage.com/stream/pow06/kan_kvs.rm

Song: kaNkanda deivame
Movie: keezhvaanam sivakkum
MD: MSViswanathan

Magazines often referred saritha as peN sivaji. When these aaN/PeN sivajis came together for this brilliant film, the combination was nothing but volatile. Their powerful performances enriched the story and made this film a memorable one. Their
wordly duals was fascinating to watch(credit should also be given to the dialogue writer). I know KVS was adapted from a stage drama with poornam and anandhi in the roles of sivaji/saritha. Anandhi, actress with a unique voice, also did a small role in the film.
Im sure many of us aware of the storyline so im not going to waste time talking about it. The film also had Sarathbabu, Menaka, Jaishankar etc.
MSV too came out with good songs. 'kadavul ninaithaan maNanaaL koduthaan' is of my favorite TMS solos from 80s era.

I vaguely remember a VJ solo for Menaka or am I hallucinating?

Todays song has lovely wordplay by kavignar. The slightly aged voice of TMS suits the character played by NT to the T and im glad MSV did not use singers like MV for the song.

RC
4th August 2006, 04:54 AM
Another excellent song from KVS is enakkoru vidiveLLi en vaaninlE by MSV. Its a background song for Jai & Menaka. Did MV sing for Sivaji during that time frame? I'm not sure! arumayaana padam!

balaji
4th August 2006, 05:43 AM
Ramki

Nalla song (You have been too kind to TMS, sorry he is worst part of this song!)

There was a ok duet by SPB-SPS for SB and Menaka.

This was one of the few films reviewed by Cho in Tuklak. Showered praises heavily.

However Saritha and NT did over act in many scenes. The movie ran close to 150 days in Shanthi Theatre.

Thanks for the song, KD has done a great job

Bala

Interpreter
4th August 2006, 08:10 AM
This one is a good selection, Ramki :)

Like you, kadavul ninaithan is my fav. too. Saritha and Sivaji acted very well. The Sarthbabu-Menaka duet is ponnana ulagam.

RR
4th August 2006, 09:44 AM
bala,

But TMS brings Sivaji image to my mind immediately, right? Something MV didn't quite succeed that much. Aged voice seems to help also. :) I see your point though.

I think this song is one of the beautiful sindhu bairavi's of that time. What a start to set the stage for rest of the song..!

A song good in different levels!

groucho070
4th August 2006, 09:59 AM
Haven't heard this song for too damned long!!!

Thanks RR for reminding us at the NT thread. I have missed a lot, looks like.

I think you guys are right, MV would not have pulled off well, especially the climax part of the song where sparring is required. Thanks again.

rajeshkrv
4th August 2006, 10:16 AM
PS sings perfect while TMS struggles at Paranjothiye .. but overall a nice song

umaramesh
4th August 2006, 10:53 AM
POONANA NERAM INERAM UDHYAM . spb-shailja duet.
Kadvual amithan is my favourite song. Grand prelude and I think TMS voice very much suited for shivaji.

PS sings perfect while TMS struggles at Paranjothiye .. but overall a nice song.
I think TMS did well MANITHIRA THIVANGALAIN MAYA KAITHKULUKU Where he sings in the high pitch. PS voice was so sweet .

ramesh

SN23
4th August 2006, 12:10 PM
One of the best films of Sivjaji is KVS. Over-acting is born with Sivaji but Sivaji will be NULL without OA :-) In KVS, his performance is like walking on the knife, splendid !! No less in case of Saritha. I have seen the stage drama also. TS Anandhi's acting was damn good. People (at least around me) incl myself were very much moved with full of tears while watching the last scenes.

TMS's bhavam while rendering "virundhu ellAm mudindha pinbu, piLLaiyinai azhaiththAn iraivan aruLjodhiyE" is commanding. One will vouch me while you relish this by watching the song sequence.

Why no solid praise on PS? Let me take that pride...:-) Saritha is filled completely with anxiety about the episode being directed by her FIL. Though she respects him, but smelt 'something fishy here' and her finger points towards Sivaji. In this song, she ventilates her agony and anxiety and all burried feelings. Excellent wordings, Fitting music and obviously powerful singing by PS..... Pudhaindhu vaitha manakumural...ellam veLi varum andha uNarvu pravAham... simply astounding performance by PS. Though in 80's no.of PS songs in a film came down to 1 or maximum 2, but every song has had her agmark muthirai. Thats all your honor :-)

premananth
4th August 2006, 03:41 PM
Ramki Sir,

Very nice song. I like the way they said Muruga Muruga Muruga...!

I like the climax. superb acting by NT and Saritha.

Same type of song has used in visu's Vaa Magale Vaa. Even the scene also similar, a conversation between Appa and Magal (Visu and Kushbu).

Muruga... Muruga..!

umaramesh
4th August 2006, 04:34 PM
Hi SN

Over-acting is born with Sivaji but Sivaji will be NULL without OA

Can you elaborate what is over acting and normal acting in NT thread? so that we will discuss there.

regards
ramesh

vel1970
4th August 2006, 11:03 PM
In Keezhvanam sivakkum i liked jai's acting. Differnt role he played.

Kan kanda deivame is mei silirkkum song. 2 times kEttEn. I found myself involved very much. Was it by Kannadasan?

RC
5th August 2006, 07:24 AM
What is considered Overacting now (may be a decade ago too) was the kind of acting required those days. I wouldnt call all of them Overacting. May be people dont emote like that nowadays. KVS was a classic example of Sivaji's acting skills.

Anoushka
7th August 2006, 03:03 AM
I am listening to the song kaN kaNda deivame .... after years, thanks :)

rajutvs
7th August 2006, 05:18 PM
Looking for this song for a long time now.. Thanks for the wonderful song.. Excellent singing by PS.

Good movie as well with excellent performances from NT and Saritha.. But more than them I liked the role played by Jaishankar... Romba adakki vasichiruppar..

Ramki
8th August 2006, 04:04 AM
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I'm glad the selection was liked by so many.

For the next pick, pls go here (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=691617#691617).

nimii
12th October 2006, 02:38 PM
Thankyou all for posting your thoughts on ethanai azhagu

Pick #169

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/putham_sd.rm

Song: putham puthu meni
Film: subha dhinam
Singers : PSuseela, BalaMuraliKrishna
Music: KVMahadevan

Thanks to JN for the song. (I apologize for the poor quality, i did my best to remove the noise).

On Jan 1st of every year, the very first song VB airs on ungaL viruppam is 'aandukku aandu thedhikku thedhi' by SG. The song is so popular, atleast on newyears, that it shadowed the another good song. Todays pick.
A beautiful duet by KVM(though i read that the song was actually tuned by TGLingappa for someother film. He later let the director of SD to use the song).
PS does a great job. She just breezes through the song with her sweet young voice and almost makes BMK voice just bearable.

Another popular song from SD is 'verenne ninaivu unnai thavira'(PS,TMS, ALR)

Thanks for the details of this lovely song by PS and BMK! I was doing a query on the Melody queen's website and found the following link -

http://psusheela.org/tam/raresongs/raresongs101.html

Here it says the MD is TG Lingappa!

Trivia - This song sounds very much to a Madan Mohan Composition from a hindi movie Jahan Ara - woh chhup rahe sung by Lata M. I was listening to this hindi song a couple of days back, when I remembered this duet. I did a search this morning and got all the info. Plus this one from the tmfpage (though the movie mentioned is wrong!) -

"KVM's mannan thiru meni from subadinam sung Balamurali Krishna and PS certainly (atleast in the Pallavi portion) sounds very similar to Madan Mohan's 'Wo Chup rahe' from "Adalat" sun by Lata.I guess it qualifies to be called a copy."
<source: http://tfmpage.com/forum/21233.20751.9.html >>

Could someone throw light as to who the correct MD is!

Thanks in advance,
Priyamudam,
Nimi :)

malloo
14th August 2007, 11:19 AM
I love the song, "poo poothathai yaar paarthadhu," Yesudoss just gets us into heaven with his voice and rendering.

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2008, 04:07 PM
Next:

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/paadi_ror.rm

Song: paadi azhaithen
Film: Rasigan oru Rasigai
Singer: KJYesudoss
Lyrics: pulamaipithan
Music : Ravindran

'paadi azhaithen' is a popular number by Ravindran in his debut thamizh film.

:clap: :ty: :ty: :clap: :clap: :ty:
blending and losing myself in the melody

lyrics are wonderful

tvsankar
13th January 2008, 04:15 PM
Indha Moderator Ramki Engae poitar??? Sollikama kanama poitarae SP......

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2008, 04:16 PM
Usha,

naanE POW threads kku puthusu :(
enakku epdi theriyum.

oru velai naan varlainnu kaanama poirunthaara irukkum :shock: :P

now hopefully he shall be back :D ( romba over shakthi ithelaam :yessir: )

tvsankar
13th January 2008, 04:18 PM
Usha,

naanE POW threads kku puthusu :(
enakku epdi theriyum.

oru velai naan varlainnu kaanama poirunthaara irukkum :shock: :P

now hopefully he shall be back :D ( romba over shakthi ithelaam :yessir: )

chat panna vaikadhae Shakthi.NOV vandhuduvar....... :twisted:

Appadi illae SP. Neenga vandha Neram - Ramki varatam......

Shakthiprabha.
13th January 2008, 04:31 PM
Pick # 62:

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/aayar_kk.rm

Song: aayarpaadi kaNnane
Film: kozhi koovudhu
Singer: SJanaki
Lyrics:Gangai Amaran
Music : iLaiyaraja

You will hate today's pick. Most of them do. If you had watched this movie in theatre you would have walked out to take care of 'urgent matters' or had you been watching the tape you probably might have forwarded it.

:roll: I did. I aint an exception.

Its enjoyable just for Sjanakis versatility. Its not easy for a trained professional playback singer to sing without shruthi, bhaavam or wavering pitch. Janaki does it with such ease you start wondering if Bindu Ghosh herself has sung the song(song picturised on her).

I have to agree with this.

I know you are going to hate it but give it another try. It's worth a smile :wink:

I TRIED. Gave another try and another... and one more too.
HATED IT all the more, may be I was smiling second time, and laughing third time, BUT ALL THE TIME I HATED IT :D :lol:

madhu
13th January 2008, 07:01 PM
power:

indha thread ellAm old.. ( ofcourse gold !)

Ramki ippo ellAm varadhilla.. romba busy-a iruppadha kELvi :(

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2008, 10:56 AM
Madhu,

I am hearing all old picks...

Its like TREASURE !
I wanna save all these links, buy an IPOD download it and listen to all this while I do my morning walk (until my ripe old age)

I REALLY CANT SAY, how much old songs mean to me. Its like an orphan finding its parents

I owe ramky, neel and others A LOT!
:ty:

Hope ramki comes back atleast occasionally :?

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2008, 11:00 AM
http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/ennod_tm.rm

:D wow.... so romantically painful. :?

Cant say why or how. Somehow song is painful too.

(Though "bhool gaya sab kuch" was not painful :? )

Shakthiprabha.
24th January 2008, 01:59 PM
Pick # 63:

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/aadha_vn.rm

Song: aadhavan ezhundhaan
Film: Vipranaarayana
Singer: AMRaja
Lyrics:S D Sundaram
Music : S.Rajeswara Rao

A must listen solo by AMRaja. The music, lyrics and the voice beautifully brings out the beauty of dawn.

Beautiful composition in BOWLI :musicsmile:
Hearing this song is a lovely way to start a day !

Shakthiprabha.
28th January 2008, 12:05 PM
Pick # 65:

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/naalu_ns.rm

Song: naaLum en manam
Film: nilavu suduvathillai
Singers: SJanaki, krishnachander
Lyrics: ?
Music : iLaiyaraja

:musicsmile: :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

Shakthiprabha.
29th January 2008, 11:10 AM
http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/ravi_va.rm

Song: ravivarman ezhudhadha kalaiyo
Film: Vasanthi
Singers: KJYesudoss, Chitra
Lyrics: Vairamuthu

:) :notworthy:

Ive been searching for this song for ages. Its nostalgic for me cause, cause, my mom found this song cute n funny and hence used to enjoy this singing song, whilst I used to mock dance (pose) for this song ! :roll:

We had great fun mimicking this song I should say :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
29th January 2008, 11:16 AM
DeviLalitha, daughter of drama actress Prema,was TNagars Saradha vidhya school topper in +2.
She made her debut in Nethajis'unnidathil naan'. She then acted in few tv dramas. KB gave her leading roles in his kannada remakes of 'irukodugaL', 'sollathaan ninaikkiren' etc. She's now totally disappeared from tv/movies.

Ive seen Devilalitha few times in saidapet busstand and around saidapet guindy areas :?

Anandhi who is a tv drama artist and kovai anuradha hails from nanganallore though, Ive seen them lot of times, VERY VERY SIMPLE normal ppl with no air at all. :thumbsup:

baroque
31st January 2008, 02:45 AM
Pick #255

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/poo_rp.rm

Song: poo manakkum poonkuzhali
Film: Ratha paasam
Singers: SPB, BSSasirekha(?)
Lyrics:kaNNadasan
Music: MSViswanathan

:ty: Ramki for serene Yaman(Carnatic kalyani ) based composition. Vinatha.

baroque
31st January 2008, 05:14 AM
Pick #312 & 313

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/pillai_omp.rm
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/thedum_omp.rm

Songs: piLLai manam/thedum en kaadhal
Film: oru malarin payanam
Singers : Vani Jairam - Rajseetharaman, T.L.Thyagarajan
lyrics: Mu. Mehta
Music: Chandrabose

:ty: Ramki!

:thumbsup: Vani! Go girl! What a romantic, innocent voice in pillai manam...! Male vocal too nice, very nice!

thedum en kaadhal..... prelude reminds mookuthi poo meley... anyway, loving the calm melody.
Both male vocalists complement Vani!

baroque
31st January 2008, 05:21 AM
http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/aadha_vn.rm

Song: aadhavan ezhundhaan
Film: Vipranaarayana
Singer: AMRaja
Lyrics:S D Sundaram
Music : S.Rajeswara Rao

DIVINE song, Ramki!!
Can't get enough of Bhoopalam prelude portion!!

:ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty: :ty:

baroque
31st January 2008, 05:29 AM
Pick #353

Song: aadiyile perukkeduthu
Movie: Radha
Singers : PSuseela, BVasantha

Wow!
Arabhi dripping musical.

:musicsmile: :clap: Ramki!

baroque
5th February 2008, 12:34 PM
:ty: Ramki for yethanai manidhargal.... by Jayachandran.
I am familiar with amudha thamizhil.... not this solo.

Shakthiprabha.
5th February 2008, 01:01 PM
Pick #312 & 313

http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/pillai_omp.rm
http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/thedum_omp.rm

:thumbsup: :ty:

baroque
5th February 2008, 01:11 PM
Hey shakthi, i am catching up Ramki's picks too!

Ramki rocks!!

Kadalodu nadhikkenna kobum....
I used to sit at my house varanda, listening to these musicals or go to paalkaran- konar house, praying he should take time to give my sombu back so that I can listen to the musicals from his tea kadai! :) Good old days!
what a gem of a Sriranjani dripping melody, now i have the craving for vasantha kaalangal isaindhu paadungal..., pallavi of naadha vinodhangal...

Love you Ramki so much!
:ty: :ty: :ty: :ty:

baroque
17th February 2008, 04:21 AM
Oorengum...,Sangeethamey....,samudra raajakumari...,sriraman sridevi....,pon maankuyil...,kangalal naan varaindhen....,vaalibum vaazhga..
:ty: :ty: :ty: Ramki, RR & team!

baroque
18th February 2008, 02:17 AM
:ty: Ramki & RR for Devi nee indri naan.....
Lover boy with Vani always SPECIAL!

baroque
18th February 2008, 03:14 AM
Vaanam sevvanam..... what a contaminated abhogi ambience!

Paniyum naaney ..... for everlasting Balu delight!
:ty: :bluejump: :redjump: Ramki, RR, I am reliving my Trichy years this weekend!

naarayanan
1st August 2009, 08:19 PM
Next

Pick #122

http://tfmpage.com/stream/songs/raaja_dmp.rm

Song: raaja vaada singakutti
Film: dhisai maariya paravaigaL
Singers : Sjanaki, Jaichandran
Music: MSViswanathan

'DMP' should have been a dream debut for any new face. The story was heroine centred with ample scope for performance.
But for Sumalatha it was anything but disappointing. The story was well above average and for a debutant, sumalathas performace was really noteworthy but at B.O. DMP was damp squib.
The story is about a agraharam girl(sumalatha) who is engaged to another iyer boy(sarathbabu). Just before the marriage everyone comes to know that the girl is born to a prisoner and was adopted by the agraharam parents. The marriage is canceled and everyone in the agraharam give her the cold shoulder. unable to bear the indifference she runs away from the agraharam, only to be chased by a rapist. She takes refuge in a church(and so does the story) and later turns into a nun. Nothing much happens after this.

I remember 2 more songs from DMP. Title song by TMS and
'uLLam urugaadha'(VJ)

Todays pick is a dream song . An odd(or funny) aspect of the song is these lines.
The kids sing 'mummy mummy kiss me kiss me'
Then JC follows 'anbu THAMIZH pattu ' :)

there is another song by balamurali i think. 'arul jothi deivam ennai aandu konda deivam' where g.srinivasan sings while going for 'unjavritti'.

is it rasikaranjani? or bowli?

sankarid
16th May 2014, 06:02 AM
Hi Ramki.
vangadi chittukaLaa is my favorite song, when I was young(1979).
Thanks For the link http://raretfm.mayyam.com/stream/pow06/vangadi_pp.rm
SankaraNarayanan
Shankar14edept@gmail.com