PDA

View Full Version : IR New Albums - Ver 2006

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

RR
6th August 2006, 02:26 PM
Topic started by RAJAN (@ proxy-122.iap.bryant.webtv.net) on Thu Jan 22 22:20:06 EST 1998.

A new Ilayaraja album is a cause for celebration with many among us. Let everyone share in the revelry. Review, discuss or comment on new IR albums.

If you wish to post/discuss other news/tidbits on IR, Go to the "IR News and Tidbits" thread. (http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8587)

[html:d20087e95b]
http://themelody.net/img/thumb1.jpg
http://img.indiaglitz.com/hindi/news/illaya180706_1.jpg
http://www.indiavarta.com/gallery/images/2005/oct/20/ra1.jpg[/html:d20087e95b]

<hr>

Threads for recent IR movies

Shiva 2006 (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6309)

RR
6th August 2006, 02:27 PM
Since the old thread has grown too long, let's start a new chapter. If you want to check the previous thread, it's here:

Old responses - as of 5th Aug 2006 (http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=688862#688862)

rajasaranam
6th August 2006, 06:00 PM
Welcome To the new Thread :)

vem
8th August 2006, 05:28 AM
RGV on Shiva

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/009200608080310.htm

gopiharan
8th August 2006, 05:43 AM
Check out this link for various promos on RGV Shiva 2006. Background score and the songs look like promosing one, let's wait for a week time before we celebrate :D

http://www.movietalkies.com/movies/movie-promos.asp?MovieId=18766

tmrrmt
8th August 2006, 07:28 AM
http://www.movietalkies.com/movies/index.asp?MovieId=17852

guys check out that link - it luks like the Hindi dubbed version of Kalaignan was to have been released in 2001! but somehow got shelved!!

vem
8th August 2006, 09:46 AM
IR in a new movie

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24323.html

teja
8th August 2006, 10:32 AM
Gopiharan, Thanks for the Siva song link.

"Kaise kahen" is a trendy remix of 80's telugu hit "Emani ne cheli padethano" from "Manthri Gari Viyyankudu".
Sounds awesome!

80's version: http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/27/s/movie_name.6250/singer.40/

Not sure if IR reused it in tamil ever.
Glad to see this masterpiece finally reaching a wider audience.

MumbaiRamki
8th August 2006, 11:49 AM
The BGM does'nt sound great for me ..The use of 'manthras' is a standard for hindi BGMs ..so i doubt if the BGM for trailer were doen by IR ..

however teh Kaise kahen and the botany song is cool

krish244
8th August 2006, 11:50 AM
"Kaise Kahen" sounds nice. I guess its sung by Sadhana Sargam (or is it Madhushree?) and Suresh Wadkar(?). The lyrics fits nicely.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
8th August 2006, 11:50 AM
"Kaise Kahen" sounds nice. I guess its sung by Sadhana Sargam (or is it Madhushree?) and Suresh Wadkar(?). The lyrics fits nicely.

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
8th August 2006, 11:52 AM

thanks,

Krishnan

mona1
8th August 2006, 06:04 PM
Song is amazing and so is the BGM..

Waiting for the audio release.

rajasaranam
8th August 2006, 07:17 PM
wooowwwwwwwwww :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump: the promos look cool thanks for the links :ty: Already Iam humming 'Kaise kahoon' :) great song and thanks for the info Teja now i want to listen to the original

rooky
8th August 2006, 07:21 PM
Cool updates man!. Song promises a lot

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 01:24 AM
Track List :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:
1.Police Police - (Shweta Pandit & Ninad Kamat)
2.Shapath - (Ilaiya Raja & Chorus)
3.Kaise Kahen - (Sadhna Sargam & Roop Kumar Rathod)
4.Josh Mein - (Yesudas & Chorus)
5.Saara Yeh Alaam - (Shreya Ghoshal & Roop Kumar Rathod)
6.Dheemi Dheemi - (Shreya Ghoshal)
:2thumbsup: :cool2: :2thumbsup:

Waiting for the release. Will update soon :)

app_engine
9th August 2006, 02:25 AM
Yesudas...is it KJY or Vijay?

vasanth2006
9th August 2006, 03:12 PM
IR in a new movie

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24323.html

still the younger generation directors have the faith in raja's talent. that is maestro's specialatiy. rajavukku eppavume oru idam undu. that is really great and good sign.

"thavamai thavamirunthu" and "autograph" mathiriyana padangalukku IR songs pottu BGM panniyiruntha eppadi irukkum?

currently this type of Emotinal/soulful films is not in tamil? that is bad sign.

intha mathiriyana padangallukku IR is very optimal selection.

swathy
9th August 2006, 04:39 PM
-deleted-

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 05:46 PM
And here is the link for Shiva 2006
http://rapidshare.de/files/28755604/Shiva__2006_.rar
Download and enjoy folks! and post your reviews
Four songs are rehash
1.Police Police = Botany paadam
2.Shapath - New Song
3.Kaise Kahen = emane cheli as posted by Teja
4.Josh Mein = Vidiya Vidiya nadanam
5.Saara Yeh Alaam = Aanandha Raagam ketkum kaalam
6.Dheemi Dheemi - New song at least for me

The songs sound awesome and have been changed a lot to sound contemporary retaining the original tunes in parts :2thumbsup:
Lets see how the northies receive it :? If they dont receive it well, well its their Lose anyway :P :angry2:

mona1
9th August 2006, 06:05 PM
RS

Is the audio released? is there any other source for listening? rapidshare is blocked by corporate here at work :(

krish244
9th August 2006, 06:17 PM
Rajasaranam, can you please upload it somewhere else. I dont like Rapidshare. Its almost always a problem. It says the file has been downloaded "0" times, but also says that my server is already downloading the file or that my IP address is already downloading a file.

thanks,

Krishnan

mona1
9th August 2006, 06:19 PM
RS could you please upload in coolgoose?
Thanks!
Mona

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 07:02 PM
Listening again Dheemi Dheemi also sounds similar but cant point it out right now. May be he mixed up two or three songs to get this
like he had done for kaise kahen where he started off with the humming of 'Ninaivo oru paravai' and the song as told by Teja

inetk
9th August 2006, 07:18 PM
100 words!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

vanavil
9th August 2006, 07:18 PM
Songs are great... absolute gems.. but little bit skeptical about the response it will receive from northies... any reviews??

app_engine
9th August 2006, 08:50 PM
I heard `kaise kahen' briefly in the video promo link posted here...Looks like this song (and the telugu original) are cousins to `kAviriyE, kavikkuyilE' of aduththa vArisu...(It's not very difficult for the master artist to modify an existing melody with subtle variations and give a different orchestration)

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 09:55 PM
I heard `kaise kahen' briefly in the video promo link posted here...Looks like this song (and the telugu original) are cousins to `kAviriyE, kavikkuyilE' of aduththa vArisu...(It's not very difficult for the master artist to modify an existing melody with subtle variations and give a different orchestration)

Exactly ! He has done it all over this album.
though i was skeptical at the first listening of the songs. multiple listenings have made me to decipher the subtle changes he had made to the tunes and orchestration. I compared them with the originals and found a lot of variations.

Saara yeh Aalam -The song 'Aanaandha raagam' has got this punch of 'Thullal nadai' all over the song while its counterpart 'saara yeh aalam' has some additional orchestration and a slight change of tempo and length in charanams from the original. Now the song becomes another classic melodious love duet deviated from the original. The changes have been done keeping in mind the hindi qudience I believe.

Police Police - has been changed considerably to sound contemporary. Awesome rock style guitar works to be looked out for in this song. The only sore point his his usage of 'Jagada jaa' in the beginning I don't know how the northies are going to receive it. The song is new yet retaining the original fun of 'Botany paadam'. And the Charanams are entirely different from the original. The original had surprisingly pallavi repeated into both charanams.Hence this song again becomes new shaking itself out of its old form.

Josh mein - is the biggest surprise of all. The original 'Vidiya Vidiya Nadanam'was a youthful peppy song.And was a call for the youth to join in the fun. And Raaja has changed its format in total essense to give us a song Calling the youths to Save the nation from the corruption and failed system.Tune has been given variations at many places and the orchestration is completely deifferent.The Charanam is entirely different from the original And the usage of Yesudas for this song is a preference of Raaja I Believe, with his obssession to use KJY for this genre of songs. A few Examples Iam reminded of Are 'Manitha manitha' and 'Adadaa' from pithamgan.Well this again becomes a new song.

Kaise Kahen - Havent listened to the original with due concentration. hence Iam not able to point out the variations. While the song starts off with the humming of the tune 'Ninaivo oru paravai' He brings in another entirely different tune and blends them together. The humming and tune of this song sink to the T. The part 'I love you...' at the end of pallavi is taken from some other song i think. Given the other instances i believe this song should also be changed heavily from original.

Now listening to the way he had given us entirely new songs out of old ones. Iam much excited about 'Cheeni kum' :)

Shapath - is a melancholic song with usual musical idioms and patterns found in his Sad songs. It has been rendered by Raaja himself. Well his pronounciation is not that bad but could have tried other singers for this song. While I did like the Idea of giving the taste of Raaja's mesmerising voice for this kind of genre to the northies. :P

Dheemi Dheemi - Is at its melodious best of Raaja. A song that came to my mind after sometime is 'Kaadhal Neethaana' from Time. Got to check out if Iam right. Or is it the patterns he has sprinkled all over the song makes me think so.

I have no picks as such and am in love with the Whole album.
:2thumbsup: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:
And It is Loud and Clear 'The songs doesnt need any time to grow' and they are instant likeners. The maestro has delivered his best once again. Hope the Northies get a taste of it, for they will be at loss if not. :poke:

AND BUY THE ORIGINAL CD'S.
What else can we do to show our love towards this greatest composer :?

rags141
9th August 2006, 10:30 PM
This whole album has traces of IRs old tamil hits but the orchestration is completely different from the originals.

1. Saara Yeh Alaam - One can definitely relate this one with the "Aanandha Raagam" right away. The Orchestration and parts of the song have been improvised.

2. Kaise Kahen - Starts off with the "Ninaivo Oru Paravai" humming. The "I Love you I Love you" sounds like the "Oh My Love U R my Sweetheart" piece from the "Kaveriye Kavikuyile" - Adutha Varisu Song. The rest of the song doesnt have resemblance to the above 2 songs though.

3. Dheemi Dheemi - To simply put it.....IR is taking us on a melody ride......everything is good abt this song....preludes...melody...interludes.....IR at his best

4. Police Police - Techno/Rock version of "Botany Paadum"....the starting "jaagu jeegu...." cud hav been avoided...this part makes it sound like a song of the 80s....the rest of the orchestration is totally rockin.

5. Josh Mein - Melody resembles "Vidiya Vidiya" nadanam...but the orchestration is completely different.....KJYs voice suits really good for this song. the interludes are too good....

6. Shapath - A "Engey Sellum" kinda song....starts off with humming....IRs voice doesnt do justice to the melody line....his voice would have been good on the tamil version of this song...his hindi pronounciation isnt too good n free flowing either

All in All.....a grt album (but nt by his standards) as each n every song gets you hooked up rightaway....

Long Live IR!!!!

Sanjeevi
9th August 2006, 10:30 PM
superb review rajasaranam, you have increased my wish a lot to hear this album. When will the original album be released or it was released? :roll:

rags141
9th August 2006, 10:32 PM
This whole album has traces of IRs old tamil hits but the orchestration is completely different from the originals.

1. Saara Yeh Alaam - One can definitely relate this one with the "Aanandha Raagam" right away. The Orchestration and parts of the song have been improvised.

2. Kaise Kahen - Starts off with the "Ninaivo Oru Paravai" humming. The "I Love you I Love you" sounds like the "Oh My Love U R my Sweetheart" piece from the "Kaveriye Kavikuyile" - Adutha Varisu Song. The rest of the song doesnt have resemblance to the above 2 songs though.

3. Dheemi Dheemi - To simply put it.....IR is taking us on a melody ride......everything is good abt this song....preludes...melody...interludes.....IR at his best

4. Police Police - Techno/Rock version of "Botany Paadum"....the starting "jaagu jeegu...." cud hav been avoided...this part makes it sound like a song of the 80s....the rest of the orchestration is totally rockin.

5. Josh Mein - Melody resembles "Vidiya Vidiya" nadanam...but the orchestration is completely different.....KJYs voice suits really good for this song. the interludes are too good....

6. Shapath - A "Engey Sellum" kinda song....starts off with humming....IRs voice doesnt do justice to the melody line....his voice would have been good on the tamil version of this song...his hindi pronounciation isnt too good n free flowing either

All in All.....a grt album (but nt by his standards) as each n every song gets you hooked up rightaway....

Long Live IR!!!!

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 10:42 PM
yeah rags I was struggling with that verse 'I love you... you are my sweet heart ' :)
Well i believe there are shades of 'Aathadi etho Aasaigal' from 'Anbu Chinnam' - a Venkatesh Revathi movie. the movie was remade into 'love love love' in Hindi and the song was lifted by Anand Milind I suppose. Hope they dont jump over IR saying he has stolen their Tune :lol:

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 10:55 PM
Sanjeevi,
The Audio is slated to release on 11th. Hope we get them by 12th or 13th. With the news that 'One Man Show' DVD is also available at Music World Chennai. Iam looking forward to go there soon to buy these two. :)

rajasaranam
9th August 2006, 11:10 PM
Recording starts for 'Njan Kadavul' :redjump:
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14262070

teja
10th August 2006, 12:48 AM
Dheemi Dheemi - just one word - Brilliant!

Kaise kahen - takes off well, but the graph goes down especially in the first charanam by Roop kumar rathod. Still a great song, but those who have heard the Telugu original will find the zest and vigor missing.

I made a mistake of listening to Dheemi Dheemi.. Now I can't go past that addictive song :)

popeye11
10th August 2006, 03:57 AM
OMG Dheemi Dheemi is Mindblowing and all the songs are Awesome!
Who else can deliver music of this Caliber
Maestro is back!

Thanks for the songs rajasaranam

kiru
10th August 2006, 04:38 AM
Hello Bombay..wake up and smell the coffee .er ..hear the music !!!!

12bums
10th August 2006, 05:08 AM
The guitar interlude for Kaise Kaihen is awesome. I thought I will not fix my car stereo, but after hearing this, thats the first job this weekend. After a long time, IR has brought a smile to my face!

But will the Northies did this? No Bhangra mix here!

vem
10th August 2006, 06:09 AM
my 2 cents funda :)

great album by IR. It is as if a melody breeze passes by :)

for people looking for Shiva songs, please visit musicindiaonline.com.......................

Wow !!! I am on cloud9 !!!! IR takes us to seventh heaven with his songs.

vem
10th August 2006, 06:27 AM
saara yeh alam - brings tears of joy in my eyes !!!

IR - Where were u all these days lately - The tune sounds so fresh despite having listened to the Tamil version for more than 100 times......................

IR has done his best I guess in this album. This song will mesmerize anybody !!!! It will be a very big hit !!!

vem
10th August 2006, 06:30 AM
Shapath song is as good as any chorus IR song (manidha manidha, magalir mattum, hey ram etc)

popeye11
10th August 2006, 06:57 AM
saara yeh alam - brings tears of joy in my eyes !!!

IR - Where were u all these days lately - The tune sounds so fresh despite having listened to the Tamil version for more than 100 times......................

IR has done his best I guess in this album. This song will mesmerize anybody !!!! It will be a very big hit !!!

Absolutely vem i had the same feeling listeneing saara yeh alam, and dheemi dheemi..
It brings tears of Joy! Whoa mesmerizing songs!

Long Live Maestro

vem
10th August 2006, 07:11 AM
pepeye11

i think it is partly because it takes us back to our good old melody days; infact the song takes me to the beautiful Panneer pushpangal locations :)

I just hope RGV has picturized these songs well !!!

vem
10th August 2006, 07:15 AM
Release of Shiva delayed to 25th of aug.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/24394.html

MumbaiRamki
10th August 2006, 09:42 AM
Can you upload the file ( as different names) in rapidshare.de ,so that we will have less problems for downloading?

Sanjeevi
10th August 2006, 10:25 AM
I downloaded the rar file but I can't listen them even though I have Real Player. It requires plug-ins i think. Now i have to download the support files to play the rar.

OMG, i misunderstood about rar file. It is a compressed format file like zip.

krish244
10th August 2006, 12:55 PM
Yesterday night, I could finally start the download and go home. Today morning I found out that it had got aborted at 10MB. Now, again after 1/2 hour of struggle, I was able to start the download. The download is going on at a blazing speed of 5kb per second!. I am happy.

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
10th August 2006, 02:08 PM
krish and Ramki I sent you both a pm check that :)

rajasaranam
10th August 2006, 02:12 PM
About 120 downloads till now and the reviews are not coming that much :?

ezy0265
10th August 2006, 02:46 PM
Rajasaranam,

Pls show me the link where u can download Shiva songs. Thanks...

vasanth2006
10th August 2006, 03:32 PM
actually unbelievable stuff. these days i dont expect much from IR's new albums. in current scene, i am expecting much from yuvan only. currently i m yuvan fan.

but what can i say?, it is simply amazing album. ippadi oru IR album kettu ethanai nal achu.

already i heared only 2 tunes. i didnt heared 2 telugu tunes.

so for me, 4 new songs. for northies 6 new songs.

guys one important thing, IR changed his style of music to adopt to northies taste.did u notice that? definitely it is diff from current tamil style.

all the 6 songs are pick of my album.

Saara Yeh Alaam

"saara yeh alam - brings tears of joy in my eyes !!!"

unbelievable. but true. yesterday night i also feel the same. even whenever i hear tamil version, i feel the same.
northies "anatha ragam ketkum" tunenai ketka koduthu vachirukkanum. etho nalluthu panniyirukkanga. superb selection. northies, please see this maestro's talent. (for northies, i have long list of IR songs. they choosed one of my list. some examples "mangai nee mangani" from "innisai mazhai", "kalyanamalai", "mannil intha kadhal". he can give these songs with hindustani BGM and humming.)

but uma ramanan voice is better than shreya for this song. IR keeps the preludes and interludes almost same.but in the first interlude, there is an extra solo violin joined with group of violins.

i feel the saranam part tune is slightly modified to satisfy the northies. definitely lot of changes in the second saranam tune. IR worked in the second saranam part.do u feel the same?

currently interesting thing is that at the same time rahman's Tamil album and raja's Hindi album is released.

ps: i m in office. so i m unable to review all the songs. i will post later.

Sanjeevi
10th August 2006, 05:29 PM
Yesterday night at 10.15 PM I started to download the songs (more than 63 MB). It completed at Today 1.30 AM. :D
till now, i did not hear any song except the video clip (i am in office now). Today night i will hear and will give review.

krish244
10th August 2006, 05:32 PM
Rajasaranam, got your message. Thanks very much! Fortunately, the transfer that I had started in the morning picked up speed and got completed soon.

I have listened to the songs and here is my take:

1) Police Police: The prelude music with minimal rythms patterns + Guitar sets the pace. The 1st interlude has some short but nice sax pieces. IR has tried something different with the interlude and it sounds nice. Both singers have sung quite well. This song is filled with innovative sounds and song is good.

2) Shapat: After the few intro (Shapat) lines, a nice and long prelude sets the tone. The prelude has a nice sax (??) + violin + guitar ending. I noticed that in some places of the song, the pronounciation of the words have been prolonged to fit the tune. Probably due to the pace of the tune. Excepting for few words like "Hai" (pronounces as "Hey"), "Tabahi" (...as "Tabagi"), "Faisla" (...as "Fesla") and others, IR has done quite a good job (being a first timer). Innovative sax intro to the interlude.

3) Kaise Kahen: The pallavi is quite nice & catchy. The violin piece in the first interlude is simple & good. I was wondering how IR is going to end the charanam to gel with the pallavi. He does it nicely. 2nd interlude is mostly harmonium (??) but ends nicely. Singers have done their job well. The song I was looking forward to and it turned out to be a nice song.

4) Josh Me: I was skeptical how Jesudas might sound (at this age), but he has done a good job. I admire his singing ability even at this age. Unique way to end 2nd interlude. Nice orchestration.

5) Saara Yeh: The effect of the prelude was amazing (are there trumpets aswell in the prelude?). The interludes as kept almost the same as the original (Aananda Raagam). I still prefer the 2nd interlude of the original for the effect it had on me. Charanam endings are nice. Although the tune is slightly varied (from the original), it still is more south indianish.

6) Dheemi Dheemi: A nice melody. Standalone violin pieces in prelude & first interlude that sounds quite different. Second interlude has trademark IR ending to it. The way the interludes ends with the flute piece & charanam starting with the same tune is just wonderful. My favourite song in this album. As usual shreya has done a good job.

Overall the album sounds fresh. Orchestration ability is prominent in many of the above songs. Many of North Indian composers should take a note of the talent & energy level that IR has even at this age. Nice picturisation & apt promos should make some of the above songs reach a wider audience, especially "Dheemi Dheemi" & "Kaise Kahen". Lets see.

A nice album to start a fresh thread. This thread has already grown to four pages :)

thanks,

Krishnan

krish244
10th August 2006, 05:51 PM
I am sure this album will be very fresh & different for the northies to review!

thanks,

Krishnan

popeye11
10th August 2006, 06:35 PM
pepeye11

i think it is partly because it takes us back to our good old melody days; infact the song takes me to the beautiful Panneer pushpangal locations :)

I just hope RGV has picturized these songs well !!!

the picturiation of kaise kahen sounds promising .. i am hoping that RGV picturises the other songs well too.

This album remeinded me of my school days.. I am so glad that the songs came out well which in turn increases the anxiety to hear Cheeni Kum..

Well i am sure that IR will make wonders with that album..

rajasaranam
10th August 2006, 06:48 PM
Yesterday night at 10.15 PM I started to download the songs (more than 63 MB). It completed at Today 1.30 AM. :D
till now, i did not hear any song except the video clip (i am in office now). Today night i will hear and will give review.
Sanjeevi its time you go for BroadBand :) It took less than 1 hour for me to download all songs :oops:

app_engine
10th August 2006, 08:38 PM
Like I posted in another thread, dheemi dheemi is a winner and I think the song is fresh as well as Rajaish! The other songs are sweet as well though failed to generate much enthu in me for hearing again & again...

But dheemi, dheemi...is on a "repeat" mode... beautiful song! Thanks rs for the `rar'...

sloshed
10th August 2006, 09:46 PM
A hindi album by IR ....after such a long time.. Here is my look at the album after limited hearings...

Josh Me: ... I dont know why he opted to use this song and Jesudas ..... other than the orchestration .. this is crap with capital C...
This is "smoke" time in theatres....
The point is IR should think different....I cant imagine after so many years of experience.. he feels that this song will hit the bull's eye.. could have experimented a lot with this song... a deviation from what we are all used to ... when somebody is angry .. there is a fast song with volins dominating.... definitely will miss the mark...

Police Police......

Now we have come to expect a song like this is all RGV movies when its about an underworld.. mafia.. (i think he only makes those movies) ... can this hit the bull's eye like "Kallu Mama" ... maybe .. maybe not... I feel that the raw energy of Kallu Mama.. isnt there.... the problem is being the genius he is with the orchestration.... he makes this looks classy .... but this song is with a chance....

Sapat ....:- This song is gonna come in bits and peices in the movie.. or when there is a sad situation .. will fit the movie well.... great song.... could have avoided singing this one...

Other aspects ......

choice of singers is a concern... including the one song he sung himself..
The complex interludes... - does the north care - who cares?
the comples tunes.... --- defintely IR hasnt changed the song to the taste of north .. he has just delivered his self....

"Kaise Kahan ...... Dheemi Dheemi ... Saara Yeh Alam " - I dont care what the north is going to think about these songs.... these are musical lessons.... in orchestration,composing and energy .... simply breathtaking stuff.... which still enforces faith in me.. even though IR has become more "tehnical ..synth based" .. the soul is still there.. if he needs to .. then he defintely willl deliver.... these songs ..(also the other songs) ... instill a new lease of life in me .. that IR -the maestro is still there ...
I only wish the tamil directors can bring out the "guru" in him.....

After a long time.. I am going to cherish this album.... though song of the songs are known to me... this is still special to me.. IR is still alive and kicking... ...

I bow to thee genius....

rajasaranam
10th August 2006, 10:41 PM
Sloshed,
Though I agree on the 'josh mein' Song that he has done it over and over again here. But its a WCM lesson for the northies. He was probably the first MD in Indian Cinema to use Such complex WCM orchestration for a revolutionary song with 'Manidha Manidha'

sloshed
10th August 2006, 11:13 PM
RS...
I dont think the north audience noticed the WCM in BGM's for Lajja.... and I certainly dont think .. the WCM part will be noticed while watching this song in the movie (maybe thats perhaps the strength of IR) .... and also the pace of this song.. have you heard a hindi song with this pace recently ...

All I am saying is if You need the audience sit up and take notice of the WCM ... gives us a song like "Deva sangeetham" from Guru.... you are just compelled and dazzled... not for a song like this which is already mundane and least compelling...

If IR can come up with a song like "Kattu Vazhi" .. whether we like it or not.. you are just spellbound at the sheer freshness..and creativity ... he could have certainly conjured up something for this situation....

To me .. it was like
" Whats the situation?"
"Single man rising against the corrupt society"
"Er ... okie take this .. next ? "

teja
10th August 2006, 11:36 PM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/hindi/4830/

MIO says:

...takes you by surprise with his outstanding modern implementation of music here. The songs are composed such that they will just leave you breathless and wanting for more. Catch up with the spirit through the music, and take off with the amazing musical flight.

Reload your life with the new songs and reinvent some astounding music.

rajasaranam
10th August 2006, 11:54 PM
shiva moves into Top 20 requested songs of MIO
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/ut/s/17/20/
Hope it gets into top 10 soon :)

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 12:00 AM
Wov great it is going to wakeup northies :D

I am listening the songs. I can't stop listening. And even I forget to come here.

Hope the album will be hit commercially in north india. It is the correct time to IR to succeed in Hindi.

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 12:06 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/hindi/4830/

MIO says:

...takes you by surprise with his outstanding modern implementation of music here. The songs are composed such that they will just leave you breathless and wanting for more. Catch up with the spirit through the music, and take off with the amazing musical flight.

Reload your life with the new songs and reinvent some astounding music.

:thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

app_engine
11th August 2006, 12:21 AM
dheemi-dheemi's anupallavi is definite goose-pimple stuff! Watch out for the superb bass score there...

tmrrmt
11th August 2006, 01:10 AM
guys did u notice that the overall pace of SAARA YEH AALAM has been reduced to suit a wider audience! the beginning baroque style rush of violins in the original song, has been slightly slowed down to give a 'less-hurried' effect - in the original, it was an awesome effect to showcase the outburst of joy - here with the slightly slowing down to make it a proper duet!! and even the way the violins have been used completely camoulflages the effect in the original! and the aalap style additions to the charanam is intended to give the elite in the north a lift of their eyebrows!

tmrrmt
11th August 2006, 01:13 AM
the only thing that puzzles me is the choice of singers! why didnt IR opt for SONU NIGAM ? Rook Kumar Rathod struggles in the higher octaves and hardly sounds youthful!!

app_engine
11th August 2006, 01:42 AM
KJY rocks in "josh mein"! Especially his typical punch when he repeats a word...is it `Ah..jAho' or something like that in the pallavi...

Choice of Rook Kumar - may be to suit the hero (or the voice of hero)...In any case, except KJY / IR, the choice of other singers is probably a RGV decision and may not be IR's...

app_engine
11th August 2006, 01:48 AM
On high pitched saraNams like this (which can test the aging singer), KJY scores off winners with flying colors...this is especially heartening to listen, after his voice was a bit shaky / strained in some other songs post 2000...

app_engine
11th August 2006, 01:54 AM
Overall, orchestration is excellent in this album. IR didn't compromise much where natural sounds are needed all the while seamlessly adding synth sounds which does not irritate ears...

Esp `josh mein' orchestration / chorus is one of very high order...reminds in parts kAlApAni / Guru (both of which had Budapest orchestra and this is good considering that the artists are local)...

sloshed
11th August 2006, 04:24 AM
Sarah yeh alam....
Somebody mentioned.. that it gives them tears... very true....Gawd.. where is this IR? .. I wish he can retune/resync... all this melodies before he becomes mortal...

cry_sandiego
11th August 2006, 04:58 AM
Dheemi-Dheemi is mind boggling !!! AWESOME work.. i have it on repeat for over an hour now..

Cheers
MSK

Hulkster
11th August 2006, 06:47 AM
I was listening the songs...Raja's orchestration and instrumentation is at a all time best. Dheemi Dheemi(hope no tune is reused here) is certainly Raja's melodic masterpiece but the song that impressed me most is sharath sharath. The chorus is extremely soulful and if the orchestration had been more adrenaline like adadada from pithamagan it would have rounded off the album well.

If this album is not accepted in hindi i dunnot know what else will..looking forward to Cheeni Kum..:2thumbsup:

sloshed
11th August 2006, 07:05 AM
just a question folks... i try to download the .rar file.. its says its size is 65MB.. but then it dowloads only about 2 mb and says it completed download....
and then when i try to extract it .. it gives me an error...
I also tried to download other files from the site.. it gives me the same problem...
any help??

kiru
11th August 2006, 07:33 AM
Guys...keep those reviews coming..we all needed something to cheer us all up really after somewhat a long dry spell, right ? :-)
dheemi ..dheemi..looks like IR probably felt insulted they were using his old songs and come up with a high-energy song that just listening to it..you will be gasping for breath (kudos to Shreya on the singing). If anybody is mistaken that this is one of those soft , melodious 'little girl tunes' by the pallavi they are woken up by the anupallavi and by the charanam time.. they will be in a daze..
In times, when MDs are happy to craft a catchy pallavi and stuff the rest of it with some fluff and pass the whole thing as a song.. IR delivers value for money with a weighty complex pallavi.. the song might be fast ..but it is no fast food..a full banquet. I think this song could be a popular hit as well along with the Kaise song which remind me of 'Maine Pyar Kiya/Aashiqui' times (in the sense that the hindi audience might find it familiar).

Saara ye Alaam..thanks to the director for picking this song..No MD alive right now (probably even IR :-)) could do a composition like this. The audience should consider themselves fortunate to hear this..A WCM prelude and a very good indian tune. The song is played with electronic bass, some bell like ostinato, vocals and strings for the most part. All those people used to dancing to hiphop beats may have to pull their hair out listening to the various threads of melodies (counterpoints). But in the north people may still not like this and might feel it is 'south indianish'. Oh well..

Yes, Josh Mein is cliched (with the pithamagan prelude )..because of the brass instruments..even Rahman whose success is based on avoiding cliches used brass instruments in similar situations I think).
I grudgingly agree with some of you :-) ..IR is not good in that shapath song. He definitely can sound better..maybe could have gone for another take. It also seems his singing is a litte measured/slow to get the pronounciation right.

Overall, IR has maintained his style, except for letting the drums to be recorded at a higher level. The recording showcases all the orchestration tricks/techniques of IR very well . You will notice every note has a purpose. This is not layers of tinkling sounds . This one of the most acoustic albums I have heard in recent times (after M. Express). Nobody would have heard this much of drum work (especially Josh Mein) in recent times (was drums Sivamani involved ?).
Like some of you .. I am eagerly looking forward to cheeni kum.
(Thanks to rs for the song upload)

12bums
11th August 2006, 09:20 AM
No wonder RGV called it a very contemporary album!

MumbaiRamki
11th August 2006, 09:24 AM
Can somebody upload the installer for WInrar in rapishare.de? I can't download .exe in my office.

SO ,when uploading the installable ,please rename it as .abc and then upload.

Thanks for ur help !!!

MumbaiRamki
11th August 2006, 10:04 AM
Rajasaranam,
Thanks.
Im heard the songs .On the first hear ,atleast 3/6 of the songs will get good attention among the northees..

The sound is quite contemporary and the recording is quite good...THe bass lines are quite prominent in all songs ..FRESH :)

raja_fan
11th August 2006, 04:30 PM
Very Good Album !
Lyrics seem to be too nice, especially "Dheemi Dheemi" portion goes well with the tune.
The guitar portion in this song reminds of "Kajuraho.." song in ONOK.

inetk
11th August 2006, 04:41 PM
Its strange that no northy site has posted a review yet...IndiaFM is usually prompt (but I dont necessarily like their reviews) but Shiva is not up yet!

rajasaranam
11th August 2006, 04:54 PM
Karthick,
Probably they will post the reviews after the official release of the album. It is supposed to be released today in Hyderabad i suppose :?
And Iam eagerly waiting for the review of Subhash K Jha who had given a wonderful review of Heyram soundtrack. :)

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 04:58 PM
yes rajasaranam,

which website will post a review before release?? :roll:

krish244
11th August 2006, 05:14 PM
inetk,

If you see, there are not much promos (or marketing) of the movie itself. IndiaGlitz hopes that it will be promoted much better post "Kabhi Khushi.."'s release. This is one thing. The other thing is there are no news/indications on the net if the audio is released in the north market (all we heard was that the audio is released in Andhra!) at all. If it was indeed released, it must have been the most silent, otherwise I am sure, even with little publicity, it would have got the attention of many websites/reviewers. I even doubt many knows about the release. Also, they promoted only "Police chor" & "Shapath" song which are sort of situational numbers and certainly not enough to attract the audience. They should also be promoting "Dheemi", "Kaise" or "Saara". On the whole, its poor planning or marketing or both.

thanks,

Krishnan

sudhakarg
11th August 2006, 05:54 PM
Thanks a ton for uploading the songs Rajasaranam!

rajasaranam
11th August 2006, 06:13 PM
Sudhakar,
Ella pugazhum IR'Kae :) Though Raaja is strictly against Mp3 Sharing. That is the best way for promoting the songs in this Era is my belief. Interested and Honest people will never let him down and will buy the album for sure is my Hope :thumbsup:
After listening to the album in endless loops Iam amazed at this man's creative ability. It never seems to fade. Given right projects and backing he is never short of giving us great albums. Only thing is He doesnt go after such inspiring projects and Hee believes they should come to him. Well He should be right If the biggies and Stalwarts want such stupendous Albums they should come to Raaja :wink:
Thanks for many of the reviewers here. :ty: This album has instilled hope into many of Us. Please spread the word and make this album a hit in commercial sense. :2thumbsup:

vasanth2006
11th August 2006, 08:02 PM
kaise kahen --- this is one of the pick of the album.it is started with "ninaivo oru paravai" humming, "i love u" part reminds me the "kaviriye" song from adutha varisu.
the interludes are amazing violin work. if the picturisation is made well, then it will be real complete treat. the second interlude harmonium bit ( instrument correct?) is simply superb. i really enjoyed that part. i think sadhana sargam and roop kumar rat is sung well the song.

Dheemi Dheemi --- This shows the maestros current creativity. RS, As u said IR creates this tune with 2 or 3 his latest tunes. in the saranam part resembles "kajuraho" from ONok.
the starting part is nice.the interludes are masterpiece.
totally in the album all the orchestration and interludes are extraordinary.

shapath --- i like this song much because i always great admirer of IR voice. it is great to hear that IR sings in hindi. the starting mandra is mesmerizing one after many hearings. the tune is typical raja style tune.

inetk
11th August 2006, 08:59 PM
The best thing about this album is the fact that I gotto know about IR's Telugu scores...more than Kaise kahen I just cant get over its 80s Telugu original...man thats way too beautiful and it was composed in the 80s! I'm gonna go on a Raja-Telugu trip now digging up other popular soundtracks in Telugu by Raja that I've deprived myself so long. I thought I have heard it all when I have a HUGE Raja Tamil collection but this is a complete revelation! Gonna start with Anveshana and Abhinandana and all those other albums that get mentioned in idlebrain so often....I feel stupid not to have taken those seriously so far!

sloshed
11th August 2006, 09:49 PM
Same here ...
Can somebody post some Telugu gems of IR .. I am aware of Abinandana & few others.. I would be happy if somebody somebody comes up with a list (a list with strings arrangement will be a bonus!!)

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 10:36 PM
Sapath : What a chorus, it simply mesmerise me whenever i am listening. This song would have placed in Thiruvasagam album. It has thiruvasagam album touch. Typical IR tune, sounds and chorus.

Josh Mein : I was affraid of KJJ voice because he spoiled "Minmini poochigal" song with his unmaintained voice. But now he has done his best at this age. Sombody mentioned that he did not want jagaru jagaru chorus but i like :D. IR has done this song with good drums beat. It is not new to IR to make polymorphism with same tune. The original song showed happy/dance mood. Now raja changed its face (to dare fight?). The 'Aaah' vocal sound simply add extra colors.

irir123
11th August 2006, 10:50 PM
Sloshed - there are 'n' no of gems of IR in telugu, which even ppl from AP wud hav forgotten! in fact, IMHO, IR has done lots of experimentation in Telugu!

the most underrated (perhaps completley inconspicous) composition is a song by Chitra and SPB "Mogali Poove" from a 'see-it-now-and-forget-it' movie by the name 'Keechu rallu' - the song itself has immensely FORGETTABLE lyrics, but an amazing score! bass lines n liltin interludes n a tune as elegant as a Mark Waugh flick!

but makkals liked a relatively mediocre song 'keechu rallu' frm that same movie!

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 10:52 PM
Police Police : Raja has done many funny songs including my favorities Mamavukku kuduma, Mamanukku mailapooruthanungo and En pathara mathu (En pommukutti ammavukku). The original "Botany padam undu" is also one of my fav. It is interesting to hear cough sound, funny sounds, cry/fun singing, etc. :D

Saara Yeh Aalam : It starts with the terrific violine as like the original. Raja did not much change the original. Same tune, amazing pre/inter-ludes. After ending the 2nd saranam, it is amazing (better than original? :roll:). But still this song is less than original.

kj
11th August 2006, 11:26 PM
This is indeed a good album.Just the one song dheemi dheemi si is AWESOME. Raaja finally seems to have got it 100% right by beautifully balancing his typical brilliant orchestration with modern synth and sound.
I also liked the techno-jazzy police a lot, not to mention kaise kahen.
But somehow I feel Saara yeh aalam is nowhere close to Aandha Raagam.
The the other 2 songs are serious stuff highly situational I guess and hence I wont comment.and like everybody else mentioned eagerly looking forward to cheeni kum. As far as northies are concerned if they dont like these songs then it would just speak volumes of their musical taste and knowledge.They are most welcome to keep listening to bhangra or sufi mixes.

kj
11th August 2006, 11:26 PM
This is indeed a good album.Just the one song dheemi dheemi si is AWESOME. Raaja finally seems to have got it 100% right by beautifully balancing his typical brilliant orchestration with modern synth and sound.
I also liked the techno-jazzy police a lot, not to mention kaise kahen.
But somehow I feel Saara yeh aalam is nowhere close to Aanandha Raagam.
The the other 2 songs are serious stuff highly situational I guess and hence I wont comment.and like everybody else mentioned eagerly looking forward to cheeni kum. As far as northies are concerned if they dont like these songs then it would just speak volumes of their musical taste and knowledge.They are most welcome to keep listening to bhangra or sufi mixes.

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks for many of the reviewers here. :ty: This album has instilled hope into many of Us. Please spread the word and make this album a hit in commercial sense. :2thumbsup:

I started a thread for Shiva in Ilaiyaraja orkut community (more than 12000 members) and in Shreya thread :D

irir123
11th August 2006, 11:31 PM
Sloshed - other gems of IR in telugu

1. 'sumam prati sumam sumam' - vintage IR style of usin SJ's hummin for the interludes and a wonderful tune!

2.'kila kila mane' from Coolie No.1 - elegant racy tune sung by SPB and Chitra - an example for how a song can be racy, melodious n creative n fresh!

3.'dandalayya' from Coolie No.1 - sung by SPB, for a loooong time when i was in AP, this song was the cult Ganesh Chaturthi song being played every year during chaturthi festival!

4.'kalaya nizama' from Coolie No.1 - sung by IR (IR telugu vaiyyum vittu vaikkavillai!) and wonder of wonders P.Susheela(!) with some inebriating strings sections in the interludes

will add more as n when I remember/recall IR's Telugu gems

Nakeeran
11th August 2006, 11:50 PM
Dheemi Dheemi reminds me of the GREAT RAJA OF 80s !

Fantastic interludes !

but wonder why he picked his own old albums for 3 songs !

Did RGV got inspired by those & requested him ?

I mean - Vidiya vidiya nadanam / Aananda ragam & some other song ?

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 11:53 PM
Nakeeran, RGV is a great fan of IR. He forced to Raja to reuse the tunes. And the way follows in Cheeni kum also.

teja
11th August 2006, 11:55 PM
RGV on IR and Shiva's music.

What made you to bring Ilayaraja back now when many young composers are ready to work with you?

I want to bring that nostalgic feeling of Ilayaraja's music. I am great fan of his work and his music. In Shiva 2006, we have used his old tunes with modern touch. From the original Shiva, we took only one song..Botany Patam Undi..Matani Ata Undi. The rest reminds us his old tunes. For example, we have used one song from Mantrigari Viyyankudu. I like that song, Emani Nenu Cheli Padanu.. in that film, so we have re-worked on it. From Geentajali, we took Jagada Jagada song. One of favourite songs of Raja's composition is Anandaragam (Tamil film). So we used one tune from it. They are not copy tunes. We have re-worked on them and gave modern touch.
http://www.telugucinema.com/tc/ramgopalvarma_interviewnew.php

Sanjeevi
11th August 2006, 11:59 PM
:omg: which is the real winner of this album :confused2: is it Kaise kehan or Deemi deemi? :argue:

million dollar question

Nakeeran
12th August 2006, 12:01 AM
Nakeeran, RGV is a great fan of IR. He forced to Raja to reuse the tunes. And the way follows in Cheeni kum also.

Sanjeevi

Honestly, I virtually wrote off Raja earlier ( IMO, its too much to expect at 60 years ) but believe me , on hearing Cheeni Cheeni , my hopes have revived :D

Even if does 5 movies in a year & brings back his old touch, I will be happy :D

Nakeeran
12th August 2006, 12:03 AM
:omg: which is the real winner of this album :confused2: is it Kaise kehan or Deemi deemi? :argue:

million dollar question

DHEEMI only !

Has got that melody !

& listen to the interludes . He takes you to a dream world mannn

kj
12th August 2006, 12:17 AM
RGV was the one who brought ARR into bollywood with Rangeela (Roja was only dubbed.) He seems to have some luck in launching people..lets hope it works for IR too.Although is funny that a Legend in one part of India is a mr who in another part.

Sanjeevi
12th August 2006, 12:17 AM
Honestly, I virtually wrote off Raja earlier ( IMO, its too much to expect at 60 years ) but believe me , on hearing Cheeni Cheeni , my hopes have revived :D

Even if does 5 movies in a year & brings back his old touch, I will be happy :D

:notworthy: yes, IR has done it again. Nakeerara kuda paarata vachuttara :lol:

irir123
12th August 2006, 12:22 AM
guys - the 1st interlude in 'Kaise kahen' is sumthing tat I hav been yearning for so long from IR! God! the tempo that he maintains is mind-blowing!

rajasaranam
12th August 2006, 12:41 AM
Believe me! I've listened to this album more than 100 times. Iam not working for the past three days. when I come to my office i keep it in repeat mode and I've copied it into my ipod to listen at home and listening to it the whole time. My wife asks me 'Have you gone MAD'. Yeah I suppose Iam. Havent listened to such stuff from him in recent times
:)

irir123
12th August 2006, 12:43 AM
Why is 'Dheemi dheemi' such a special composition?

for longtime IR fans, certain ingredients about IR's fresh tunes are always embedded deep in our minds - the key element is the unanticipated twist/turn towards the middle or end of the charanam that we have seen in 'n' no of IR scores! ex - 'ilam pani thuli' (recall the tune at 'mukil vandhu mugam pothhumo...' where the 'pothhumo' is stretched towards the end n the next secoond we r back to 'ilam pani'!

in "Dheemi Dheemi" IR plays around with our anticipation, when the tune goes off into a higher octave in the charanam and just when you think it has reached its zenith, he just adds a small bit at a higher octave lifting the tempo of the tune with a string section behind at the end of the charanam and like a roller-coaster ride, with the blink of the eye, we are back to the pallavi!

Zoooooooom! to the top, one moment, and next moment, we are back to the beginning!

Welcome to IR's own indigenous Raja(dis)ney wonderworld of fantasy!!

I cant wait to hear 'Cheeni Kum' and the BGM of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'!

app_engine
12th August 2006, 01:16 AM
Few observations on `kaisE kahEn':

-I've earlier posted that this is a cousin of `kAviriyE'...in fact when aduththa vArisu music was released, I thought of that song as `northish':-) When I saw the movie, I understood why Raja scored like that...it was a northie kind of scene - may be udaipur...So, when an `I love you' is needed in kaise kahen, he jumped and plugged his old "northie" piece!

-When the male voice starts in the pallavi, the female chorus background brings back memory of RDB days:-) Another clever `northening' by IR. Similarly the chorus background sounds for 'I love you' phrase is again RDB'ish.

-However the RDB influence is unseen in the percussion dept. (I know IR loves indulging in RDB style, check `oLiyilE therivadhu dEvadhaiyA')...Here it's quite contemporary, much like the current young Hindi composers...

app_engine
12th August 2006, 02:03 AM
OK, my Assamese colleague loved `kaise kahen' after hearing in my head phone (started singing 'I love you' along with the song, aloud in the workplace, and startled a chinese)

His comments - very soothing and sweet, instantly catchy...nice bed-time song...violins are excellent...

app_engine
12th August 2006, 03:01 AM
Is the anupallavi of `dheemi-dheemi' somewhat inspired from `thamthana namdhana thALam varum' of pudhiya vArpugaL?

svbp007
12th August 2006, 04:10 AM
Just listened to the Shiva songs on musicindiaonline. I was not impressed - probably because of all the songs being rehash. Nothing new for us. Also, I felt the tunes were not adapted to Hindi music style and I feel that may be a great opportunity was lost in capturing the imagination of the nation.

Anyway...hope they sound better on later hearings but I am a bit disappointed.

vigneshram
12th August 2006, 09:44 AM
:exactly: the kind of treat we expected all these days from the KING. Wow.... Kya melodies hai. Is it man 63 years old? Can't believe... Listen to his "Kaise kahen".... So young, spontaneous and romantic...
I am soooooooo happy and going mad... :swinghead: I am hooked to the album...

Thanks Raja :ty:

Sanjeevi
12th August 2006, 10:10 AM
guys - the 1st interlude in 'Kaise kahen' is sumthing tat I hav been yearning for so long from IR! God! the tempo that he maintains is mind-blowing!

:exactly: the same feeling here

irir123
12th August 2006, 10:29 AM
http://specials.rediff.com/news/2006/aug/11sld1.htm

did u all read that absolute baloney above! they mention about TiS as if it was some Daler Mehndi junk album! when will this rediff portal ever learn ?

whats shocking is Father Jegath has the audacity to refer to IR as the one who did the orchestration and not the music composition for the entire album!

ezy0265
12th August 2006, 10:43 AM
I have been saying this from the very beginning! The c****K Jegath is a ***f*** who had made the Gem Thiruvasagam a failure by all means by simply not doing enough to market the product. Now he is talking as if it is the lack of quality in the album that is the cause for not reaching the world masses. This is ridiculous. He had swindled public funds big time and somehow has shown lost in the project which until today has not been publicly verified and duely accounted for.
What 'Thimiru' he must be having to give such comments and also talk as if he is a better musician than Raja himself!!!

IR should have known better than to have associated his project with such born failures!

If I ever meet this guy in person he is gonna get it from me!

rajasaranam
12th August 2006, 03:18 PM
Hmm please take this TIS topic to the relevant thread. WE are here celebrating Shiva 2oo6. NOM!!!

vem
12th August 2006, 07:31 PM
Whatever Father Jegath or Sister Jegath says about IR's TIS or even about IR, shouldnt actually change anybody's perspective on the album or the on great man !!!

If a person loved TIS he would continue to like it !!!

Past is past.

Kaise Kahen - what a song..... I had been humming the song for the entire day yesterday, when someone pointed to me about the stanza (at the last part) similarity to the Kadhalenum Ther vizhudi from Kadhalar dhinam song......

Well ! It sounds similar to some extent, But I somehow put my foot down about the melody/originality of this song...... Fabulous one !!!

Indiaglitz says that Naan Kadavul is facing new impediments in its making. I had thought that the film revolved about a person rediscovering himself ; but I was a bit appalled to see that the motif of the film is to expose fradulent saints :)

vem
12th August 2006, 07:36 PM
Question:

I have been wondering the film name of the song that starts like "Aanandha raagam - Then sindum pookal........"

It is a fabulous song sung by SPB. Could anyone pls let me know the film name of this song ?

crvenky
12th August 2006, 08:18 PM
What are the films that RGV and IR worked together in Telugu?

crvenky
12th August 2006, 08:20 PM

crvenky
12th August 2006, 08:23 PM

crvenky
12th August 2006, 08:23 PM

rajasaranam
12th August 2006, 08:32 PM
Enna CRV,
Ithana posts Orae padam thaan :) SHIVA

crvenky
13th August 2006, 09:34 AM
Rajasaranam - NO. I think Mantrigari Viyankudu is another movie (from where they took Kaise Kahen tune). I guess there should be atleast 5 movies.

Dragun
13th August 2006, 11:55 AM
Nope, they only worked on the original Shiva and the new Shiva. Mantrigari Viyyankudu is not an RGV film.

Hulkster
13th August 2006, 06:44 PM
Let us look forward to cheeni kum...i have a feeling some of the tunes might be original and not all specially requested...if dheemi dheemi can come in a violent film something more complicated yet electrifying will come in a romance oriented movie like cheeni kum.

Balakrishna kauthuraathae pa saamy...ungalai nambi thaan naangalae irukirom..IR vittu original tune podu sollu raasa :notworthy:

svbp007
13th August 2006, 08:38 PM
Cheeni kum was also supposed to have rehash tunes requested by director.

sivasub
13th August 2006, 11:08 PM
you can hear the original here:

http://www.dishant.com/album/Mantri-Gari-Viyyankudu.html

sivasub
13th August 2006, 11:25 PM
all songs from this movie can be found in http://www.megafans.com/music/search.php?do=list.tracks&col=al_id&val=596

At least a few of them are quite good

sivasub
13th August 2006, 11:37 PM
wow... it's cetainly a new revealation for myself, listening to these songs after so many years.

Listen to the i love you in amma kade song, is it the one that he has used in kaise kahen

krish244
14th August 2006, 12:04 PM
[tscii:9eeeadcec1]RGV Interview:

http://www.idlebrain.com/celeb/interview/ramgopalvarma.html

What he says about Ilaiyaraaja is as follows:

----------||------------
Why did you not repeat Ilayaraja after Shiva? Why did it take 17 years to work with him again?

I wanted to learn, understand and involve in music. Ilayaraja’s busy schedule during that time did not permit me to make a film with him and at the same time involve myself in music. That is the reason I worked with Keeravani and Mani Sharma at that time. Over a period of time, I lost that passion of involving myself in every craft of filmmaking. I believe that Ilayaraja is the greatest composer ever lived. His kind of music will become welcome change with the type of music in trend today. His interpretation of background score for this film is going to be very different.

----------||------------

"His kind of music will become welcome change with the type of music in trend today"

Agreed, but it needs more exposure sir (like a release function at Mumbai or promos of other songs). For now, I have seen only promos of "Police Chor" and "Shapath" song. Both are very apt for situations, but are not enough to pull the crowds. Has any other song been promoted?

Anyway I feel the songs "Dheemi Dheemi" and "Kaise Kahen" (a few NI audience will appreciate "Saara..." aswell), if picturised well (& completely) could still make (post watching the movie I mean) the audience go and buy the music.

Music release:

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/audio-shiva2006.html

Is there not going to be any release function (or atleast an announcement that its released??) in Mumbai?

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:9eeeadcec1]

rajdes
14th August 2006, 03:44 PM
THE HINDU, Hyderabad dated today carries an interview with RGV, on the occasion of the eve of his latest release, Shiva 2006. The focus is on Shiva. Following are the interesting points he has made in the interview:
1. Shiva is, in spirit, a remake of his previous dud James. (ie) A idealistic youg man's fight against a corrupt system and the individuals represented by the system. In that sense, he believes this movie will reference Shiva-I also. Which is kind of saying that James was Shiva-II, and this is Shiva-III :-)
2. He went to IR because "...he is one of the last melody makers...".
3. "When I played this music in the north, reaction was extreme. Fardeen Khan said I was absolutely crazy to believe this kind of music will sell. Abhishek, OTOH, was totally sold on and refused to listen to anything else for days."
4. "I went back to Himesh for Mehbooba". presumably for Sholay-II, "because it seems like that is what sells these days"
(None of the above quotes is verbatim. I have written what I remember from reading in the morning)
It seems like comment #4 is more of a rant - I never thought RGV was so much a fan of anyone other than himself that he would actually resent and rant about the under-par reception of that artist's(IR's) output( - what I perceive is a kind of "himesh is what you want - take it" kind of reaction from him.
I dont read newspapers online so I am not going to fish out a link. I suppose hinduonline should have it somewhere.

Well, I suppose one more reason to hate Fardeen Khan, if you weren't already put-off by his (lack of) acting skills, and drug-related offences.
I guess Abhishek will have abhishekam and aradhanai performed for him now here :-)

realactivex
14th August 2006, 03:46 PM
Hi everyone
This is my first post to this forum.
I am an ardent fan of the great IR.
I must confess that since i am a telugu ( and do not know tamil) it has been a great impediment in listening to all the works of the great Raja.
I do have an impressive list of his tamil works and i am mad about him.
I have been following this thread for over a month, but since i am not so technically qualified to comment on his works, i have been abstaining.
I must thank you all of providing such a wonderful source of information.
In my next post, i am going to mention about the telugu angle to Raaja which i think most of you might not be aware of.
One request with all due respect to one and all.
Could you please put an english text to any of your tamil postings (going forward). People like me who love the language but do not udnerstand it find out of place when we dont understand what is being said.
I must add that every single word said about the Raja is worth understanding. SO i dont want to miss on any of your thoughts posted to this forum.
Please please please.
Murali

http://lalithamurali.blogspot.com

rajdes
14th August 2006, 03:56 PM
Another word, I saw the picturisation of "Saara Yeh Alam". And I have bad news. It is the usual Nisha-Kothari-Amoha-of-JJ-romping-in-the beach song, if you have seen her recent movies, including James. It is basically about her anatomy. So, if you had visions of a romantic Balu Mahendra type picturisation, chuck it.

realactivex
14th August 2006, 04:16 PM
Most of IR- chiranjeevi movies are original music, so it the case with vamsi-IR. some of IR's notable

movies in telugu are:
1. with Chiranjeevi: Abhilaasha, challenge, jwala, yama kinkarudu,mantrigaari viyyankudu (kaise kahen song), rakshasudu,rudraveena, rudranetra,kondaveeti donga, stuwartpuram polics station, jagadevka veerudu atiloka sundari ( 1990, last chiru-IR movie)
2. with Venkatesh: bobbili raja, surya IPS, coolie nbr 1
3. Nagarjuna: aakhari poratam, Geetanjali, chanakya, nirnayam
4.Vamsi: preminchu pelladu, sitara, anweshana,AALAPANA, detective narada, april okati vidudala, sri kanakamahalakshmi recording dance troupe,
5. K vishwanath: saagara sangaman, swati mutyam ( and another flop)
6. NTR: Yamagola
7. balakrishna: Aditya 369, ashok chakra varthy, aswamedham
8. others: swati chinuku

I am going to list some of his best telugu compositions which probably havent been dubbed to Tamil. They are:

VAYYARI GODARAMMA - PREMINCHU PELLADU
NEE MEEDA NAAKU - RAAKSHASUDU
NEETONE DHANKA PALASU = STUARTPURAM POLICE STATION
HELLOGURU PREMAKOSAME JEEVITAM = NIRNAYAM
URAKALAI GODAVARI = ABHILASHA
OH PREMA- Ashwamedham
KOTTA PITTA RO KOKKO - DETECTIVE NARADA
VEYYINNOKKA JILLALA VARUKU - SURYA IPS
YENDARO MAHAANU BHAAVULU -AShok chakravarthi
EE SWATI CHINUKU (aakhari poratam)
SUBHALEKHA - kondaveeti donga
JAANAVULE- ADITYA 369
OMPULA VAIKHARI- APRIL 1 VIDUDALA
kuku ku kokila raave- sitaara
EO DO TEEN SAKHI PRIYA- RUDRANETRA

can write pages about each of these songs. get them and listen to them. You will know why.
Murali

rajdes
14th August 2006, 05:01 PM
Lalitha, You missed Swarna Kamalam among K Viswanath movies - it wasnt a flop. The flop was Chinnabbayi, a Venkatesh starrer, which had some really good music, with 'Ninna Choosina' being the pick.

rajdes
14th August 2006, 05:03 PM
And your chiranjeevi list conspiciously misses out Rudra Veena.
BTW, which movie is 'Karigipoyanu Karpoora Veenala' from? Thats one melody lost to people who only follow Tamil FM.

realactivex
14th August 2006, 06:27 PM
Oh How could i forget that gem of a movie! Thanks for the reminder.
There was another great movie in 1990 Kokila ( starring shobhana, naresh and sharat babu) .. had great songs like puttadi bomma, kokila, and aakasam meghalu..
even the hit song of nuvve kavali (kallaloki kallu petti) has been "inspired by a raja song' (i dont know which song though.. )but it has all the musical signatures of The Raaja.

There was another dud movie called Allari police in the 90's ( i am not very sure)
now raaja is coming up with two movies with Vamsi. I am sure he is going to set the stage on fire!
~Murali

realactivex
14th August 2006, 06:56 PM
And yes.. two more movies..Tholimuddu (had a great song chittigumma padave) and another movie samaram (song: vennelalo mallela lo chirugaali sarigamalo neeve suma).. and how can we forget saundarya's movie Antahpuram (Asalem gurtuku raadu naa kannula mundu neevundaga...) starts with a hum by IR. And we also have chiranjeevi's marana mrudangam ( awesome songs.. all of them!!)

realactivex
14th August 2006, 06:58 PM
And yes.. two more movies..Tholimuddu (had a great song chittigumma padave) and another movie samaram (song: vennelalo mallela lo chirugaali sarigamalo neeve suma).. and how can we forget saundarya's movie Antahpuram (Asalem gurtuku raadu naa kannula mundu neevundaga...) starts with a hum by IR. And we also have chiranjeevi's marana mrudangam ( awesome songs.. all of them!!)

realactivex
14th August 2006, 07:06 PM
karigipoyanu is from marana mrudangam.. ( chiranjeevi, suhasini, radha)
other great songs in this movie are:
godave godavamma, kottandi tittandi, jangili jimajima( fast song), sarigama padanisa rasarasa.
Rudra veena is missing becoz it is a kamal original. i have missed popular movies ( notice, shiva missing)
~Murali

realactivex
14th August 2006, 10:12 PM
Will shiva get the 'Also- ran' treatment due to heavy weight KANK?
should shiva's release be deferred?
KANK is taking bollywood by storm
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/14kank.htm

And the audio publicity for SHiva is pathetic.
RGV.. wake up.. do something to give shiva the rating it deserves.

~Murali

rajasaranam
14th August 2006, 10:36 PM
hey my brother staying in north too complained that the publicity is not enough to get this album noticed :(

natha1729
14th August 2006, 11:44 PM
In which movie is the SPB solo Telugu version of "Alai Meedhu Thadu Marudhey"... etc.. by SPB and Vani Jayaram?

Dragun
15th August 2006, 04:19 AM
And the audio publicity for SHiva is pathetic.
RGV.. wake up.. do something to give shiva the rating it deserves.

RGV must not be used to marketing the music well, since most of his last films have not been strong on music. Satya had some decent songs, but after that nothing of note. Why bother getting IR to do the music if you're not going to promote it?

vanavil
15th August 2006, 03:50 PM
One small note in a website about Shiva Music(Positive one)....

http://hindi.indiavilas.com/movieinfo.asp?l=h&f=News&g=2083

sivasub
15th August 2006, 04:31 PM
It's the same response given in musicindiaonline... nothing new

sivasub
15th August 2006, 05:01 PM
http://indiafm.com/features/2006/08/14/1440/index.html

Nothing about music, though

realactivex
16th August 2006, 03:59 PM
HI everybody, ( especially RS)
Could you please upload Shiva songs on any other fileshare. I have problems with rapidshare. I do have broadband.. but i always get a "IP mismatch" error. I have tried it umpteen times.

Off topic: Two other IR movies in telugu which came to my mind: Maharshi ( vamsi-IR combo): excellent songs: Suman prati sumam, konalo, sanskrit disco ( probably the only disco song in sanskrit in any Indian movie)
AA-okkati adakku ( rajendra prasad.. Rambha's intro movie) IR re-used shenbagame song for this movie as Pavurama.. other songs are excellent as well.
Actually, Rambha started off with another IR movie ( Tholi muddu). Divya bharati was the herione for this remake of Amir khan's Dil.
She died midway and they completed the movie using dupe rambha. So they never show Rambha's face clearly in this movie. All long shots and with hair on face. The movie proved a dud.

krish244
16th August 2006, 04:43 PM
RGV video interview on CNN-IBN:

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/18446/08_2006/being_ramgopal_verma_seg1/being-kingpin-ram-gopal-varma.html

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/18446/08_2006/being_ramgopal_verma_seg2/being-kingpin-ram-gopal-varma.html

http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/18446/08_2006/being_ramgopal_verma_seg3/being-kingpin-ram-gopal-varma.html

The 3rd part begins with a SHIVA clipping.

thanks,

Krishnan

12bums
16th August 2006, 05:11 PM
Confusion again about Shiva :

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/24525.html

12bums
16th August 2006, 05:13 PM
Confusion again about Shiva :

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/24525.html :cry:

gopiharan
17th August 2006, 12:16 AM
Watch the latest trailer with few song clippings including 'Sarah eh Aalam' here:

http://img.indiaglitz.com/playerV2/launchredirect.asp?vid=22724&category=5030

buggle
17th August 2006, 01:56 AM
Can someone tell me whether the hero of Shiva - Mohit Ahlawat is a upcoming or a big hero in Bollywood? I have no clue about the new hindi heros since not watched any recent hindi movies..

Just curious why RGV wanted to do a movie with this guy..

Dragun
17th August 2006, 03:02 AM
In 2005 RGV produced a film called James (directed by Rohit Jugraj) starring Mohit Ahlawat and Nisha Kothari which was a flop. They made special appearances in Darna Zaroori Hai. He hasn't done anything outside the RGV Factory.

vem
17th August 2006, 08:27 AM
guys

saara ye alam - song has the lady in a towel :) RGV could have renamed the movie as THE LADY IN THE TOWEL :) or the THE LADY IN THE BATHROOM

Worst picturization. He has basically polluted the sanctity of the tunes :) Sacririlegious Ramu !!!

Hulkster
17th August 2006, 11:41 AM
Here is a late review on the songs.

[1] Shapath - A melancholic yet justice calling tune with techno orchestration and his usual violin interludes. If you guys pay close attention to the first interlude you will notice that the melodious strumming of the guitar at the end changes the choral dragging tempo of the song to melancholic when IR starts to sing..typical IR :clap:

[2] Police Police - When i try to think of the song as a new one instead of looking into its original...i believe this is one of the songs Raja has really made it sound modern yet a adapatation of his style. The song has a nakkal style of singing and the interludes are peppy though it is the prelude that really sets the song rocking with the electric guitar orchestration. If the jingucha chorus at the start had been replaced with IRs style of percussions the song will certainly be appreciated.

[3] Kaise Kahen - The Song has a sort of slow soothing wester drum beating following the charanams and pallavi and the interludes especially the cello show in the first interlude is vintage IR. Certainly will have abit more impact in the audience.

[4] Josh Mein - The initial prelude has a african type of percussions with the adrenaline orchestration which sets the tone for the whole song. The song sounds very different from vidiya vidiya nadanam which showsthat IR can think of various arrangements for one tune :shock:. Jagaru Jagaru chrous suits the tune and does not displace it as people have thought and the interludes share the same tempo as the prelude except with the difference of the notes(octaves) and instruments. Will suit the movie but the audience well lets see whether they can understand good music :rant:

[5] Dheemi Dheemi - Sweet, soothing and melodious throughout with the return of IR's tuning and orchestration for melodies. How much have we missed it. From the catchy yet melodious strumming of the guitar and the violin in the first interlude till the end where the violins fight with shreya...it is just simply amazing. If not for the deja vu feeling with certain stanzas in the song this can match some of IR's best modern melodies. If the hindi audience cant accept this then i wonder what else will make them will.

[Saarah yeh alam was left out as its reminiscent of its original song except for the wonderful tumpet concerto at the end of the prelude]

Hulkster
17th August 2006, 11:43 AM
Thats y i said guys..we might as well focus on cheeni kum as the BGM of shiva is more likely to be more popularised...shiva in telugu ran mainly becos IR's tunes are recognised not like in hindi where picturisation matters alot...remember how rangeela still did not manage to propel ARR despite having superb tunes...:banghead:...RGV oru naal nee seiyura usual gangster padathilae unnai nadikka veichi kolai penna poraen....kolluraanae :rant:

vigneshram
17th August 2006, 02:13 PM
I don't care if the Northies will get impressed by Shiva. It's a clean treat from Raja. My music system is playing Kaise kahen in loop whenever I'm home.
If they don't find this album amazing and appreciate the genius, we can conclude that God has given them ears just for the purpose of wearing spects :D

DIG--
Recently got a CD from Planet M, titled " SPB Paadaadha paadalgal" It's got some gems sung by SPB which were originally by other singers. The list includes" Ennai thaalaatta varuvalo, Poongaatru thirumbumaa, Thenpaandi cheemaiyilae and other old classics..."
Anyone heard of it...

Sorry for the digression...

realactivex
17th August 2006, 04:25 PM
Hi All
Could you please please please send me the link to shiva mp3's. any site minus rapid share would do.. i am yearning!
please please please again

sudhakarg
17th August 2006, 04:30 PM
Sudhakar,
Ella pugazhum IR'Kae :) Though Raaja is strictly against Mp3 Sharing. That is the best way for promoting the songs in this Era is my belief. Interested and Honest people will never let him down and will buy the album for sure is my Hope :thumbsup:

Absolutely right!!! I too hope people buy the original CD (I promise I will :-))

With regards to the songs themselves, I started listening to the songs with mixed feelings. Was not too sure how recycled tunes will sound.. and that too in Hindi. In the end it was mind boggling stuff!! A must buy album for any IR fan.

BTW, I'm waiting to hear comments from people like Vijay and Nitya. They provide a wonderful balance to this forum.

12bums
17th August 2006, 05:22 PM
Something more to look forward to from IR:

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-06-03/17-08-06-ilayaraja.html

realactivex
17th August 2006, 05:36 PM
Hi All
Could you please please please send me the link to shiva mp3's. any site minus rapid share would do.. i am yearning!

rajasaranam
17th August 2006, 06:30 PM
realactivex,
Check your pm :)

popeye11
17th August 2006, 06:51 PM
Hi All

realactivex,

you can get the songs here
http://djluv.exocrew.com/www/index.php?showtopic=34013

u mite have to register in the site.

Hope this helps.

popeye11
17th August 2006, 06:56 PM
Hi All

Here we go direct links

01 - Police Police - (Shweta Pandit & Ninad Kamat)
http://desistorage.com/dl.php?q=863

02 - Shapath - (Ilaiya Raja & Chorus)
http://desistorage.com/dl.php?q=864

03 - Kaise Kahen - (Sadhna Sargam & Roop Kumar Rathod)
http://desistorage.com/dl.php?q=865

04 - Josh Mein - (Yesudas & Chorus)
http://desistorage.com/dl.php?q=866

05 - Saara Yeh Alaam - (Shreya Ghoshal & Roop Kumar Rathod)
http://desistorage.com/dl.php?q=867

06 - Dheemi Dheemi - (Shreya Ghoshal)
http://desistorage.com/dl.php?q=868

Do u guys know if the CDs are available to buy online. Please let me know

buggle
17th August 2006, 08:07 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-06-03/17-08-06-cm.html

Should be a interesting one..IR and ARR going to compose music for VM lyrics in praise of TN CM

rajasaranam
17th August 2006, 09:07 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-06-03/17-08-06-cm.html

Should be a interesting one..IR and ARR going to compose music for VM lyrics in praise of TN CM

Nope read the news carefully. It says Vali and VM will write lyrics and Raaja and ARR will compose. Well isn't it obvious how the combination would be :P

realactivex
17th August 2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks all for the alternate links to Shiva.
I am still at work.. and how i wish i were home so that i could download songs and listen to the Master composer.
I feel blessed to be a part of this wonderful community.
Yes, i will buy the CD as soon as i get my hands on one.

realactivex
17th August 2006, 10:19 PM
http://idlebrain.com/download/ilayaraja.html

buggle
17th August 2006, 10:50 PM
Another controversy...

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/specials/illaiyaraja_2.html

rajasaranam
18th August 2006, 01:26 AM
buggle,
Poangada pokkaththa payaluvagalannuthaan solla thonuthu :twisted:

popeye11
18th August 2006, 10:07 PM
Shiva: Simply Class Apart

Source indiaglitz

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/musicreview/8738.html

teja
19th August 2006, 12:20 AM
On IR's Telugu film Hope
http://us.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/18hope.htm?q=mbp&file=.htm

How did you get Ilayaraja to compose?

When I suggested his name, people told me I was mad. I knew I could do it though. I thought of making a CD of the film and showing it to him. I got his number, called and introduced myself. I felt I was walking into a temple when I stepped into his house. He asked me to show the film in a recording studio. After watching it, he said he would compose the score. I was stunned. Ilayaraja completed his task in six days. His music is the soul of the film. I am lucky to have worked with him.

app_engine
19th August 2006, 02:19 AM
Can someone test their Hindi skills (and poetic skills) by translating 'dheemi-dheemi' and giving a Thamizh version, i.e. lyrical version, here?

sivasub
19th August 2006, 12:40 PM
http://www.mtvindia.com/mtv/music/reviews/06/shiva/index.php

Ek dum jhakaas

rajasaranam
19th August 2006, 01:53 PM
[tscii:4cbf1dd536]Refeshing reviews from both sites :) I didn't expect MTV to give a review 'Ekdum jhakaas'
‘Saara Yeh Alam’ reveals why Ilaiya Raja is called an unconquerable genius. He capitalizes on his mastery over orchestration in this number from the word go. It starts off with a grand strings opener. Shreya Ghoshal takes over with lots of subtle inflections in her voice. The string razzmatazz keeps the company throughout the song as Roop Kumar Rathod joins the romantic party in style. As the trajectory of the song traverses its various interesting turns, one realizes the importance of Perfection in Song Writing. Each note is dealt with care. One ought to give credit to lyricist Nitin Raikwar for penning heartfelt lines.
:2thumbsup: [/tscii:4cbf1dd536]

sureshmehcnit
20th August 2006, 08:54 PM
Sometimes when i listen to the playlist of IR, i come to an opinion that there is no better music in that world than IR's. and It is better to listen to his music alone than trying everything else.... When i heard "Sarah eh alam" the new avatar of "ananda raagam" song and 'Sapath' from Shiva, i was so moved and felt the same...

Sanjeevi
20th August 2006, 10:31 PM
[tscii:6cb9c4c27d]http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/hindi/shiva-music-review/

‘Shiva’ Music Review

Posted in Hindi at 2:02 pm by Daily Paparazzi

Ram Gopal Verma returns to direction with ‘Shiva‘, his take on a contemporary action flick that revolves around the battle between good and evil. He repeats his ‘James‘ lead pair of Mohit Ahlawat and Nisha Kothari while borrowing the title of his own Nagarjuna starrer that brought him into limelight. Ilaiya Raaja, who composed for the 1990 version of ‘Shiva’, is roped in for the new ‘Shiva’ as well while RGV’s regular Nitin Raikwar writes.

Hit campus number ‘Jagdi Ja‘ that was picturized on Nagarjuna and Amla and made quite an impact in the original ‘Shiva‘ is rearranged as ‘Police Police‘ for Mohit Ahlawat and Nisha Kothari. A situational fun song that ‘exposes’ the functioning of the police force, its lyrics do bring a smile on the face. Ninad Kamat, who has been seen as a supporting actor in number of films [Zeher, Dus, Parineeta], features in this track along with Nisha and also lends his vocals. He does quite a fine job for this racy number while seasoned Shweta Pandit continues to exude her naughty charm for young Nisha. Set in a police station, ‘Police Police’ is a track that is easily first of its kinds and reaffirms RGV’s reputation as a film maker who believes in innovation for each project of his.

‘Dheemi Dheemi‘ is a love song by a girl who has found love entering her life and is completely enchanted by the feeling. The song has vintage Ilaiya Raaja feel to it and has an extreme soothing effect. The orchestra is of high quality as it maintains the melodious mood of the song throughout while Shreya Ghoshal is brilliant in her rendition. She has now come at a stage when nothing less than good is expected out of her but in case of ‘Dheemi Dheemi‘, she surpasses expectations with the range she demonstrates. The song has a classy appeal to it and if it was a part of a romantic film [rather than an actioner like ‘Shiva’] it had all the potential to go a long way amongst the followers of quality music that may not be traditionally Bollywood in feel.

Sadhna Sargam is heard after a hiatus in ‘Kaise Kahen‘, a love duet with Roop Kumar Rathod. Yet another song boasting of good quality, it starts off rather well but goes off a tangent when the words ‘I Love You’ come. The song becomes reminiscent of the ones that were heard in the 90s and looses its freshness at that point. But apart from this portion, the song maintains good melody and pace and comes quite easy on ears. One feels though if a song like this would break the momentum of the film’s narrative that follows a hard hitting action theme.

For a song like ‘Josh Mein‘, one naturally expects an energetic beginning. That exactly is the case as a variety of instruments come together to give this track a rapid start. Yesudas, who has always been known for his soothing voice, changes track for ‘Josh Mein‘ as he goes vociferous and delivers the track with a punch. A song about taking on the evil by its collar and giving it a heavy punch on its face, ‘Josh Mein‘ is a song for the background music that should appear at critical junctures of the film.

The third love song ‘Saara Yeh Aalam‘ begins with an extended symphony with Shreya Ghoshal beginning her rendition soon after. It may have passed on as yet another classical based song by Ilaiya Raaja if not for the eye candy provided by Nisha Kothari. After presenting Urmila and Antara Mali in a new light, it is time for RGV to experiment with costumes, camera angles and styling for Nisha Kothari, and he succeeds to a good extent. Those who are fond of South Indian style of composition would be able to relate to the classical feel of this duet by Shreya Ghoshal and Roop Kumar Rathod.

Ilaiya Raja comes behind the mike to conclude the album with ‘Shapath‘ which basically begins with an oath taking ceremony for a police official. Just like ‘Josh Mein‘, even ‘Shapath‘ narrates the tale of evil presiding over the society and desperate measures that are required for desperate situations. A song that has primarily been presented as a mix of chorus and solo track, it is situational, has good lyrics by Nitin Raikwar but doesn’t really have any appeal from audio point of view.

‘Shiva‘ is a fair album with ‘Dheemi Dheemi‘ standing out and ‘Police Police‘ providing fun moments. ‘Kaise Kahen‘ is a fine hear as well while remaining are mainly for the situation. Since ‘Shiva’ is an action flick with not much emphasis on the audio promotion, the film’s music has far few chances to really reach out to the audience. [/tscii:6cb9c4c27d]

sureshmehcnit
21st August 2006, 09:34 AM
here is a copy of Score sheet of the background score of a telugu movie called "hope"

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/2000march20/ilayaraja-notes.html

Shankar
21st August 2006, 11:23 AM
>>>>>
extended symphony
<<<<<

useless fellows...Won't these guys ever get their term right before writing a review ??

Shankar
21st August 2006, 11:31 AM
printed score sheet ai run time il padichu vAsikkavE ingE kashtamA irukku...idhula handwritten scores ellAm eppadi padikkarAngaLO ?!?!

I met two of Raja's violinists (one y'day, and another a good friend of mine whom I speak to once in a while)...One Mr. Kannan who plays the indian classical style, and has done many of Raja's solo violin (indian classical) pieces, and Mr. Hemant (a good friend of mine) who is part of V S Narasimhan's "Madras string Quartet" and is a regular in Raja's Orchestra.
Both of them had very good things to say about Raja's working style and his genius.
When I mentioned about the synth dominated songs done by Raja these days, Mr. Kannan said -" The working style till 92 was amazing and its not as good as those days now, bcos of synth's domination".

I just wish Raja throws these synth stuff out and gets back to where his strength lies.

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 11:36 AM
The reason why IR's synth does not sound good is ebcause he implements the synth as instruments like they are meant to initiate the flow of a violin or a flute rather than as sounds that are added to make the song interesting like YSR,HJ and ARR do.

That is primarily why it is not that attractive for IR. But if IR reverts back to this WCM style in his old days...there will be a uproar as only IR can make manually orchestrated songs sound very attractive to the audience.

raja_fan
21st August 2006, 01:02 PM
What is the meaning of "Ek dum jhakaas" ?

btw..Have the CDs been released ?

realactivex
21st August 2006, 03:45 PM
Ek dum jhakass is the Mumbai slang (tapori language) for 'Excellent'.

I will try and post the telugu trans of dheemi dheemi.. if there are any takers ( i know the song has been already done in telugu).. but just my two cents.

On a side note, i got so nostalgic listening to kaise kahen.. that i vigourously searched for the original from mantri gaari viyyankudu and donwloaded the entire movie just to flavour the BGM and other songs.
Will give you guys a link if anyone is interested. Pls PM me.

MrJudge
21st August 2006, 05:11 PM
IR is doing a new movie called 'Ajanta'.

realactivex
21st August 2006, 06:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.hindilyrix.com/songs/get_song_Dheemi%20Dheemi%20Si%20Zindagi%20Mein.htm l

badali yeh hawa khud pe hoon fida
dheemi dheemi si zindagi mein koi aa gaya
badali yeh hawa khud pe hoon fida - 2
dheemi dheemi si zindagi mein koi aa gaya - 2
khil raha yeh ang ang hai badla badla mera dhang hai - 2
dhal gayi hoon ghul gayi hoon tere rang mein
pal pal chhin chhin chhin

jaage jaage soye soye neendiyan mein khoyi khoyi
sapana dekha koi
milta hai kabhi kabhi mila hai yeh pal abhi
apana dekha koi
jaage jaage soye soye neendiyan mein khoyi khoyi
sapana dekha koi
milta hai kabhi kabhi mila hai yeh pal abhi
apana dekha koi
dekh le mann mere ho gayi hoon teri - 2
kuchh paane lagi kuchh khone lagi
kuchh dene lagi kuchh lene lagi
mera mann hairaan main hairaan

chui mui anchhui unki main hui hui
kitna pyar chhalke
tan ke main chalu chali ho gayi hoon manchali
masti meri jhalke
chui mui anchhui unki main hui hui
kitna pyar chhalke
tan ke main chalu chali ho gayi hoon manchali
masti meri jhalke
badh gayi bekhudi jhoomane main lagi - 2
kuchh gaane lagi itaraane lagi
muskaane lagi ghabarane lagi
badali yeh hawa khud pe hoon fida - 2
dheemi dheemi si zindagi mein koi aa gaya - 2
khil raha yeh ang ang hai badla badla mera dhang hai - 2
dhal gayi hoon ghul gayi hoon tere rang mein
pal pal chhin chhin chhin

teja
21st August 2006, 08:25 PM
IR signs one more Telugu film...

Illayaraja's tunes for 'Sunny'.
Date Updated: 8/21/2006

Sri Surya Kamal Movies banner is making this film Sunny with Kamalakar in the lead. Kriti is the heroine. Illayaraja is composing the scores for the film.

Abhshek Mohan is directing the film.

30% of the shoot is completed and the film is planned to release in the month of December.

http://andhravilas.com/movienews.asp?id=20400

rajasaranam
23rd August 2006, 11:21 PM
Saara yeh Aalam is my current favourite :) with its intricate turns in the melody it surpasses the original at some points. The way the male and female voices mix over in the charanams are awesome.
Male/female both starts to sing something leaving it to the one of them to continue then they both join again to the melody lines.....awesome. I can visualise the rivers joining and unjoining and again joining ufffffffff enough said Iam enjoying this album after a long time :oops:

teja
24th August 2006, 11:08 AM
Siva-2006 in telugu.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/27/s/movie_name.8584/

Check out "Manasa Adagava" (Dheemi dheemi).. sounds even more refreshing.

Sanjeevi
24th August 2006, 11:11 PM
Today, I went to Music World, Chennai.

In top 10 chart buster board, Shiva was at place 6.

Sanjeevi
25th August 2006, 08:36 AM
As per today's daily thanthi, Kalaipuli S. Thanu has purchased the remake/dubbing rights of Shiva. Shiva will speak/sing in tamil??

vem
25th August 2006, 10:29 AM
Info on Cheran's Mayakannadi.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-03/24-08-06-cheran.html

IR's music is expected to enchant everyone (as usual)

rajasaranam
25th August 2006, 01:00 PM
Today, I went to Music World, Chennai.

In top 10 chart buster board, Shiva was at place 6.

And the top 5 would be of that crap Himesh Reshmaiyya :evil:

thumburu
25th August 2006, 01:33 PM
Though the expected rehashes doused my enthusiasm to give Shiva 2006 a hearing, a lot of positive review from this forum made me do - musicindia online version . "Dheemi Dheemi" is such a pleasant surprise. It makes for a great listen. Esp the bass lines and violins through out this racy song , simply mesmerising. "sarah yeh aalam" - a rose by any other name would smell as sweet :) . "Chor police" is more enjoyable than the original "Botony class" which was never my fav. "Kaise kahoon" is a little jaded. The IR song is boring.

RR
25th August 2006, 02:45 PM
Hi all,

I suggest to post reviews/comments in the threads for the respective albums and keep this thread more for discussion on IR's new releases per se. This helps to keep the forum more organized and also this thread from getting too huge quickly thus slowing down access. Comments welcome.

Renault
26th August 2006, 10:00 AM
Thanks RR,

This gives an opportunity to regroup Maestro's forthcoming releases:

1. Maaya Kannadi (Cheran)
2. Njaan Kadadul (Arya)
3. Cheeni Kum (Amitabh)
4. Shiva (RGV)
5. Ajanta (unknown)
6. Hope (Telugu)
7. Nandalala (Mysskin, PC Sriram, Ravikrishna)

pls add more to this list if I haved missed a few, friends.

teja
26th August 2006, 10:11 AM
From now, thru the end of the year, IR is having as many as any as 5 releases in telugu.

- Siva 2006
- Vamsy's 'missed call'
- Sunny
- Sri Vengamamba
- Hope

On Sunny:
http://idlebrain.com/news/functions/pressmeet-sunny.html

vem
26th August 2006, 10:18 PM
Shiva release postponed to mid Sept

http://www.telugucinema.com/tc/news/shiva2006_aug1606.php

due to rains it seems.

It is sad/deplorable that most websites/reviews underestimate Shiva's songs. I just hope all hindi folks would realize the melodies after seeing the movie. I also read in some website that RGV is not doing enough to promote the audio of Shiva. If tta is the case, why the hell did he go to IR in the first place ? He could have gone to Anand-Milind who could have easily provided him a list of IR's classics, as they should know it by-heart.

rajasaranam
27th August 2006, 01:36 PM
Teja,
Isnt there also a movie being directed by Teja in thelungu :)
There was a big banner in Today's DhinaThanthi announcing the start of 'Naan Kadavul' :)
There are also a couple of movies shelved like 'Kaadhal Arangam' by Velu prabhakaran, 'Atrai Thingal Annilavil' by Kamaraj 'Balakrishnan' 'Pokkisham' by Cheran 'Saaral' a PA Production, And also a finished movie Yet to be Released 'Aadum Koothu' . Hope these films see some limelight soon :?

teja
29th August 2006, 12:27 AM
RS,
I think that movie is temporarily shelved.

vem
29th August 2006, 07:39 PM
Story of Nan kadavul

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-03/29-08-06-arya.html

realactivex
30th August 2006, 09:27 PM
IR_ Vamsi movie called 'INKA 7 ROJULU '( Another seven days)
To be released in dec.

vijayr
31st August 2006, 02:17 AM
Shweta singing for IR after 15 years
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/top%20stories/1908/

krish244
31st August 2006, 05:05 PM
Shiva 2006 could be dubbed in Tamil. People can probably listen to the classic "Aananda Raagam" song in a new format!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24922.html

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
31st August 2006, 05:44 PM
About Mayakannadi.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/31/stories/2006083101620500.htm

az_raja_fan
31st August 2006, 09:18 PM
Oh my God!! I just can't get enough of "Ghana Shyama" from Kochu Kochu Santhosangal. To me this is one of the best songs of Ilayaraja EVER. The genius has just played with his percussion and carnatic skills.

12bums
1st September 2006, 11:51 PM
Did anyone see Vettaiyaadu Velaiyaadu? In that, there is a scene in which Jyotika attempts suicide and KH comes in to rescue her. The camera pans the room and there is a TIS CD shown near her bed, as if she has been hearing it b4 she attempted the suicide. Later when she tells KH about why she tried to commit suicide, she says that she just wanted to try getting into another world. I think the TIS CD was supposed to be a metaphor for being transported to another world. It sure must be a KH idea.

On the other hand, IR critics may say, that it was the TIS CD that drove her to suicide!! :D

RR
2nd September 2006, 09:48 AM
12bums,

Already discussed here (http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=716146#716146). Pls continue there.

vem
3rd September 2006, 02:27 AM
Shiva song Chor-Police having trouble with censor

http://www.samachar.com/showurl.htm?rurl=http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20060902074035&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=0&?headline=RGV's~Shiva~in~censor~trouble

vem
3rd September 2006, 08:09 AM
RGV doing a series of films with Amithab.
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/8536/3/director/1381/

I wonder how this guy has so much money :) He is churning out directing movies just as IR did in his music in the 80s.

Sorry for going off on a tangenet :)

svarman
3rd September 2006, 09:37 AM
I have not listened to Hindi Film music for a while now, but thanks to Maestro, I am......

vem
8th September 2006, 07:34 AM
listen to Devi Sri Prasad's interview -

he tells how ardent fan of IR he is and how it is also impossible to ape IR :)

down to earth interview

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/10338.html

raja_fan
8th September 2006, 08:38 AM
IR music for Suhasini's play ?

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/06/21/stories/2006062100920100.htm

realactivex
8th September 2006, 07:45 PM
You could see Devi sri prasad in Andrum indrum endrum tapping his feet to glory for all IR songs..
The glow on his face could never betray his feelings that he was a HCIRF like us all

rooky
10th September 2006, 09:05 AM
IR picks up Filmfare Best music director award in Malayalam category for the movie achuvinte amma.

Hulkster
10th September 2006, 10:39 AM
Cheers IR :clap:.... an offbeat movie that can only be enhanced by his close to heart musical score

rajasaranam
10th September 2006, 02:49 PM
though i dont bother about these awards i does give a sense of recognition :clap: - oru alpa santhosham thaan :)
Second in the row after last year's 'Manasinakkarae'.... hope he will get a hatrick with next year too for 'Rasathanthiram' :)

My pick of the album 'Achuvinte Amma' were 'Thaamara kurivikku thaatavidu' and 'Swasathin Thaalam' and the third No. 'Enthu Paranjaalum' with shades of 'Pachamalai Poovu' from Kizhakku Vasaal was slo a good one.

rajdes
11th September 2006, 08:40 AM
rs, agree there. Achuvinte amma had deja-vu all written over it - but it was soothing and touching all the same. Somehow I fell in love with these songs. Endhu paranjalum is much better than Pacha Mala Poovu(inspite of SPB!) - there was something synthetic about the latter maybe because of the situations.
Also, the picturisation of the song also had deja-vu for me with Oorvashi and Meera Jasmine playing out some sequences from Sujatha-Revathi's "Thaalattu maari ponadhae".
Thaamarakuruvikku is a riot - a good ode to the maappila paattu genre, though IR twists it to his style as usual. I couldnt see any obvious recycling here but I guess cynics would.

rajdes
11th September 2006, 08:43 AM
rs, agree there. Achuvinte amma had deja-vu all written over it - but it was soothing and touching all the same. Somehow I fell in love with these songs. Endhu paranjalum is much better than Pacha Mala Poovu(inspite of SPB!) - there was something synthetic about the latter maybe because of the situations.
Also, the picturisation of the song also had deja-vu for me with Oorvashi and Meera Jasmine playing out some sequences from Sujatha-Revathi's "Thaalattu maari ponadhae".
Thaamarakuruvikku is a riot - a good ode to the maappila paattu genre, though IR twists it to his style as usual. I couldnt see any obvious recycling here but I guess cynics would.

teja
11th September 2006, 12:14 PM
'Shiva 2006' Preponed By A Day to Sep 14th.
http://www.cinegoer.com/archives/september2006/shiva2006.htm

and "Hope" is set to hit the screens this Friday (Sep 15)
http://www.cinegoer.com/archives/september2006/hope.htm

rajasaranam
11th September 2006, 04:16 PM
thalai @ Surya Jyothika Marriage :)
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/sur_jo110906/131934.html

rajasaranam
12th September 2006, 05:48 PM
shiva is triLingual now :)
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/pressmeet-shiva2006.html
since Raaja Doesn't have much say in dubbing hope they dub the songs with Sjanaki, Chitra and SPB since its been ages we listened them rendering Raaja Songs in Thamizh. Last time I Heard SPB was in the dubbed Telugu version of Virumaandi titled 'Pothuraaju'. And his very last direct Thamizh song for raaja was In unreleased 'Dhanush' Hmmmm :evil:

njv
13th September 2006, 12:01 PM
From Gautham's sIFY chat

gnanasivam asks >> Your favourite director and music director in tamil?
gautham says >> Mani Ratnam & Ilayaraja

sentsbu1
13th September 2006, 04:32 PM
Im not really sure how many people noticed...

In VV, the scence where kamal breaks into Jyothika's room when she tries to commit suicide, they will show

ILAIARAAJA'S THIRUVASAGAM IN SYMPHONY CD LYING ON THE TABLE...

that shows his likes for Ilaiaraaja (its my opinion)

vem
14th September 2006, 03:47 AM
i went to a bollywood site after a long time just to see how hindi folks rate Shiva :)

To my consternation and chagrin, Shiva doesnt even appear in top 10.

http://www.bollywoodworld.com/news/bwnews.php?subaction=showfull&id=1158143117&archive=&start_from=&ucat=1&

I think the Hindi walas have put Shiva on the backburner once again. Since I dont have the patience to listen to other songs (especially those of Himesh and Sh-Eh-Loy due to my own predilection), can anyone who has listened to these throw light on these songs ? Are they on the melody side or Bhangra side ? Just want to find out why IR's music failed once again in Hindi ?

MADDY
14th September 2006, 05:03 AM
Just want to find out why IR's music failed once again in Hindi ?

i dunno whether i should say this or not but i played shiva to my north indian frnds and told them it was a new ARR album.......they listened to it and told me it sounded very tamil-like......they thought they had dubbed some tamil song into Hindi song......they could not relate themselves with the songs.....then when i told them it was by IR and not by ARR, they told they expected that......

i dunno, maybe, IR's music is beyond northies' understanding.... :cry: .....or is his music very tamilianised???

MusicIsLife
14th September 2006, 09:21 AM
i dunno, maybe, IR's music is beyond northies' understanding.........or is his music very tamilianised???

Not both!!

IR did not make the music thinking it would have mass appeal, the mass appeal was just a result by itself. IR caters to music on a self-satisfaction route (a nirvana kind-a of approach). Probably that is the reason the club-going/youth sections who promote the popularity kind of theme promote Himesh and others. There will be a whole lot debate why IR cannot appeal to youth and such. But i wish to say POPULAR music is not always the best in quality (in terms of probing into complexity, critiquing etc), when it came to IR, both fell together just as a matter of fact. Now everybody wants to elevate every other MD's to compare with IR which is kind-a sad, but each of the popular MD's now have some kind of talent that is getting recognized and they should use it before the flame dies down.

krish244
14th September 2006, 11:54 AM
Dont know if this link (review of Shiva audio) has been posted here. Anyway, here it is:

http://ww.smashits.com/index.cfm?Page=Reviews&Subpage=bigarticle&ID=5675

thanks,

Krishnan

rajasaranam
14th September 2006, 12:43 PM
There goes the punch line from the review in SmashHits
Veteran Ilaiyaraja's music is feast for music lovers in couple of numbers but will not have many takers from Bollywood music lovers.
Avalothaan Avanga Tastennu oru north Indian'ae othukittan. Namma romba kavalai padavaendaam :lol:

buggle
14th September 2006, 10:40 PM
Just want to find out why IR's music failed once again in Hindi ?

i dunno whether i should say this or not but i played shiva to my north indian frnds and told them it was a new ARR album.......they listened to it and told me it sounded very tamil-like......they thought they had dubbed some tamil song into Hindi song......they could not relate themselves with the songs.....then when i told them it was by IR and not by ARR, they told they expected that......

i dunno, maybe, IR's music is beyond northies' understanding.... :cry: .....or is his music very tamilianised???

How come? all the other northie friends like the songs and only MADDY's northie friends don't like it??
ohhh i know the answer - they are all ARR fans just like MADDY

rprasad
14th September 2006, 10:58 PM
Guys, Ofcourse the songs in Shiva will not sound Northish, most of them are recycled hits from IR's south movies. So i don't think we need to worry about that . We all knew that. The one song he composed original "Dheemi Dheemi" has been acclaimed by everyone including Northies so it proves that IR is capable of scoring for their taste as well.

Most in North are not capable of appreciating good orchestration/complex rythm patterns etc, so IR's genius cannot be appreciated by them. Lets not worry about that.

R

NormalMan
14th September 2006, 11:44 PM
Guys let's face it - it's IR's fault. We cannot complain about the taste of northies (even though their pejorative sense of music, post the times of SDB). He should have given then all "Dheemi Dheemi" type of songs in the album and inspite he dared to introduce "aanandha raagam". Reallity is, the original score is too much even for us as Southies/Tamilians. IMHO RGV wanted to create an album for himself and least cared about the masses. Maybe he wanted the BGM to be powerful. Let's see if the audience can appreciate king's BGM.

kiru
15th September 2006, 12:21 AM
Deleted

kiru
15th September 2006, 12:22 AM
.. maybe, IR's music is beyond northies' understanding.... :cry: .....or is his music very tamilianised??? ...

Probably both. North is socially more polarized than the south, which means, the elite patronizes some very high quality hindustani/ghazal and the masses go for the bhangra/beatsy types. In the south, appreciation of music is evenly (comparatively) distributed among the sections of the society (words like raagam, thaalam and bhaavam are more commonly used in daily language). So the south, can appreciate IR better who is a purveyor of classical music couched in popular format.
It is quite possible IR's music has a south indian touch to it. But this is nothing wrong and I actually prefer somebody doing music 'organically' rather than 'systematically' (even though IR can be accused of this at time). Rahman's success to me is understandable because, his main selling proposition is modern rhythms married to indian melodies. A 'modern' or western rhythm goes a long way in helping remove any 'local'/'ethnic' flavor from the music (atleast 33% if you breakup a song into rhtym, tune and orchestration).

Sanjeevi
15th September 2006, 11:35 AM
Guys let's face it - it's IR's fault. We cannot complain about the taste of northies

It is not either IR's fault or North Indian's fault. If the music done by IR will be a hit, it will be IR's victory or if IR will change his music style to satisfy north Indians, it will be NI's victory.

teja
15th September 2006, 11:40 AM
Check out IR's BGMs from his next telugu film "Hope"

http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/shows/hope/2.ram
http://www.greatandhra.com/movies/shows/hope/1.ram

Hope's website:
http://www.hope-iamforchange.com/

Hulkster
15th September 2006, 02:56 PM
Hope - A film for a social cause
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 15, 2006]

These days every one is making films on commercial basis. Every producer wants to get back at least minimum returns on his project. Profit-motto keeps forcing the producers to take up subjects which have lots of commercial values. People, who make films for a social cause, are rare and one among such producers is Haranath Policherla, who is a successful and practicing doctor in the US, who had a commitment to strive to play an active role in bringing about a positive change in the Indian society. Director K Sathyanarayana, popularly known as Satish, has come with an excellent subject especially on the evergreen topic, which makes people to rethink and debate it even after returning from theatres. Not only directing the film, he himself provided story, screenplay and dialogues for the film, which is meant to create widespread awareness and spark off meaningful debate on the subject of education and its role in molding the society.

Puja (Kalyani) is the daughter of Rao (Sudarshan). She loses her mother in her childhood. She has a younger sister, who commits suicide, while studying Intermediate as she fails to get good marks. After a few days, Puja's father also dies of heart attack. Prof R.B.V.R. Murthy (Dr D. Ramanaidu), who worked in Columbia University and also a good journalist and the first Indian who bagged the first Pulitzer award, resides in the same apartment complex. He never comes out of his apartment not speaks to any other, except with his servant maid Lakshmiamma (Radhakumari). But the outside world believes that Prof. Murthy is dead some four years ago. Puja, instead of sitting idle, decides to do some research on the suicidal tendency among the children and collects material from the libraries and other sources.

Rajesh (Venu) is an Indian boy settled abroad. However, he returns to India on a two-month vacation, during which period, he thinks of shooting a documentary on Prof. Murthy. After reaching India, Rajesh meets his friends Shekeel, Priyanka and others. On one occasion, Rajesh accidentally meets Puja, by dashing her. She drops all the newspapers she collected for her research. While gathering them, Rajesh comes to know that one of his friends also committed suicide during his studies. Later Rajesh joins hands with Puja to continue her research. In the process, they take the help of Haranath, who runs schools, in the way Puja wants. The students studying in Haranath's school is away from mental stress and is very much happy. So, with the help of Rajesh, Haranath and others Puja continues her efforts to drive away the present system of education, which posed lots of stress on students. Was she able to achieve her goal? What kind of help did Prof. Murthy gives her? What kind of moral support she got from all her friends? What kind of debate she faced while holding a seminar on the present trends in education? Answers to all these questions form part of the climax.

As the film thought of giving a message to the society, the director and producer thought of telling the same through a top personality. In the process, they met Movie Moghal Dr D Ramanaidu. Till now, Ramanaidu played different roles in various films on his own banner. However, for the first time, he played a full length role and drove the message straight into the hearts of the audience. The specialty of the film is that once again S.P. Balasubrahmanyam lent his voice to the dialogues uttered by Dr D Ramanaidu. Kalyani excelled in her character and showed fantastic histrionics once again. The voice of Sunita perfectly matched her acting. Vizag Prasad, who played the role of Prof Subrahmayam also, did justice to his role. It seems the entire film was shot on just three locations. Another highlight of the film is that the film had the playback music from maestro Ilayaraja. It may be mentioned here that Ilayaraja had almost stopped working for the Telugu films, but accepted the request of Haranath and Satish. The nuances in sound, especially while doing the re-recording is worth listening.

Cinematographer Sarath, who graduated from JNTU in BFT worked for the film. Another specialty of the film is that it is being ably supported by Roshni, a non-governmental and non-political organization, who is working for the cause of dejected, pained, depressed, anxious, angry, suicidal, worried, confused and scared people.

IR's BGM has been given a plus point :clap:

But guys i dunt understand why there is much bother about the BGM as Raja never fails in BGM especially this type of movies :confused2:

krish244
15th September 2006, 06:33 PM
[tscii:8b3b1cbaef]Shiva (Hindi) review on IndiaGlitz. Gives a thumbs down.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/review/8738.html

comment on music:

"Music by Illaiyaraja is good, especially for its fabulous orchestration. But the problem is that except for ‘Police Police’ none of the other songs are really needed. They only slacken the pace of the film."

No mention about BGM

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:8b3b1cbaef]

app_engine
15th September 2006, 09:13 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/09/15/stories/2006091501960200.htm

Some info on the IR-Vamsi new Telugu movie / album...

raaja_rasigan
18th September 2006, 08:41 PM
Ada vidunga, RAAJA RAAJADHAAN......

Avara adichikka aal illai, eppavumae irukkumpodhu adhanoda arumai theriyaadhu, adhu illadhappodhaan theriyum........

avarai pola melody kudukka yaar irukkaa.....

avara paarthu copy adichavanga ethana peru....... :thumbsup: :clap:

Hulkster
19th September 2006, 02:31 PM
[tscii:81d8f6c336]Gautham keen to work with Ilayaraja
Sep 19, 2006
Gautham was in Madras Christian College for a two-day inter-college cultural event hosted by the Department of Visual Communication. The students of the department propounded numerous questions to the ace director of hit movies like Minnale, Kakka Kakka and Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu on wide range of topics such as his style, preferences, technicians, techniques, and future plans.
Ilayaraja

Outspoken Gautham replied the students gracefully with his answers. He said he wanted Vettaiyadu Vilayadu to be real and that resulted in the depiction of scenes with bloodshed that people think is disturbing. He further maintained that Vettaiyadu Vilayiadu is the only film that is released in recent times which has matchless technical expertise.

Certain sequences of Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu were snipped down since they had no courage to show them on screen, he replied for a question as to why the relationship between two doctors was not shown openly in the film.
He expressed that even for works of adaptations, the director’s prowess is the element that makes the movie work and when he controls the screenplay, the movie is sure to work even better.
He went on to provide technical tips to the students regarding the choice of lighting, equipment, location and background for a particular frame. He stated that he is comfortable in working with his crew right from the beginning and that does not necessarily mean that he would not work with other technicians. He supported his claim by stating that he would most definitely work with Ilayaraja if he were asked to.

His next venture will be Pachai Kili Muthu Charam in which he is working with veteran cinematographer Arvind Krishna.

Goutham Menon
His Silandhi with Sarath Kumar, Jyothika and Milind Soman in the lead is due for release on Christmas.

There is only one line where there is talk about IR but behindwoods have put that as the main title for this article. Now if Gautham does work with IR i will be in dreamland :victory:[/tscii:81d8f6c336]

raja_fan
19th September 2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.hindu.com/2006/09/19/stories/2006091917090200.htm

"If Ilayaraja asks me to work for him, I will definitely do it," he said.

What is this ?? When did a music director approach a director ? It should be the other way round.
How can he expect IR to ASK him ? He can just expect IR to LET him.

Shankar
20th September 2006, 10:59 AM
I think he's being misquoted here...I read the other interview where he had said that he would like to work with Raja.

raja_fan
20th September 2006, 09:35 PM
Think about this !

1. It has been 30 long years since the music director entered the field.

2. It has been 14 long years since he was apparently challenged for the first time by a young 26yrs old new chap.

3. It has been nearly 10 years since a new gang of music directors came to the field and began fighting for the throne.

After all these, one of the most hot young film director says he is eager to work with this music director.
Don't you think this is enough to speak about our Raja ?
He is just not still remembered, he is wanted !!
This itself will be a record in film history ! No one has achieved this before. We have to really see whether ARR can do this in the year 2022 ( 30 years after he entered the field )..

vem
21st September 2006, 08:49 PM
guys,

watched IR's anrum,inrum,enrum once again in Tamilgrounds.com. Was in the seventh heaven for almost 6 hrs :) The respect all singers have on IR - particularly when IR appreciated Hariharan, he was so delighted - was mind boggling. Lovely,melodious songs were played all along.

So if anyone has missed the Jaya TV programme, please do so in www.tamilgrounds.com. IT will be a music feast !!!

vigneshram
23rd September 2006, 10:52 PM
Hi all,
My friend sent me a rare collection of old bw photos of Ilaiyaraja. It is really a visual treat. Raja looking youthful, with good hairstyle, bell bottom pants, with Janaki, P.Suseela while recording, with Kalaignar, MGR, Vairamuthu, MSV, Bharathiraja. Really cool pics. There's also one where Raja is with our President and another recent one (shot during Thiruvasagam recording abroad)featuring Raja who's not in his conventional attire.
I've uploaded them in my site www.microvignesh.com (Go to "Pazhaya raja oru pokkisham" link).

krish244
24th September 2006, 12:00 AM
Vigneshram, thanks for sharing it. It is indeed a treasure.

thanks,

Krishnan

K
27th September 2006, 12:16 PM
Mikka nandri

krish244
28th September 2006, 11:17 PM
A venture on remixing IR's songs by Karthik Raja.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/sep-06-04/28-09-06-ilayaraja.html

thanks,

Krishnan

tmrrmt
29th September 2006, 05:06 AM
guys, I just listened to IR's 'Manasinnakare' in Malayalam - 'Mellayonnu' is sheer magic!!