PDA

View Full Version : Sonu Nigam announces he's retiring from singing!!!!

JLN2854
4th August 2006, 09:57 AM
[tscii:b937aedaa8]According to musicindiaonline.com, On his 33rd birthday, Sonu announced that he would be retiring from singing. Not right away of course, but gradually. This quote is taken directly from the site, “This is something I have been thinking about for quite some time now and this year I decided to make a formal announcement on the eve of my birthday, that I now want to retire from singing. I know that there will be a lot of speculation about this decision of mine but my reasons are very clear: When I entered this industry, the only motive I had, was to earn name as a playback singer. By God’s grace, not only did I get immense fame as a playback singer but I also cut music albums, judged contests, anchored shows and also worked in a movie. After having done all this, I now feel it is prudent to make a graceful exit. Also, due to my hectic schedules in the last decade or so, I have not been able to pursue any of my other hobbies, which I now intend to do, since I feel I am settled enough in life to do so. I have a long-standing dream to own a farmhouse and practice agriculture or horticulture over there. That is what I now want to do. I certainly cannot just announce my farewell on a whim, leaving all my commitments unfulfilled. But I’ll begin cutting down on my work, such that if I am now singing a hundred songs, now it will be only thirty and then slowly diminish to nil.” Am I the only one saddened by this? :cry: I was hoping he would sing at least 10 more years. Look at Yesudas!

[/quote][/tscii:b937aedaa8]

JLN2854
4th August 2006, 10:05 AM
I'll list my favorite singers for Malayalam, Tamil, and Hindi below

Malayalam: Male-Vidhu Pratap Female- K.S. Chitra, Sujatha, Jyostna

Tamil: Male-Hariharan Female- Harini

Hindi: Male-Sonu Nigam Female- Shreya Ghoshal and Alka Yagnik

bingleguy
4th August 2006, 10:22 AM
Gradually :shock: