PDA

View Full Version : Are you with Zidane ?

Vivek
14th July 2006, 12:13 AM
There is lot of talk about Zizou's red card episode.

I was wondering what hubbers are thinking about this. what will be your vote for ZZ. I think he was not in a sane frame of mind to have reacted like that.

We are all human and can repeat same kinda mistakes in our life all the time.

Vote and show your opinion please.

Sanguine Sridhar
14th July 2006, 12:19 AM
Def'ly yes!!

S.Balaji
14th July 2006, 12:25 AM
Zidanne purely as a player - YES

As a role model to children & aspiring youngsters - NO

I believe he already has a track record of head butting !

Remember all eminent personalities are the ones being watched as icons & we tend to follow them

Zidanne definitely in this respect has not set high standards

Vivek
14th July 2006, 05:32 AM
BBC used a lip reader who worked for FBI and CIA and it seems materazzi said terrorists whore or something.

villan007
14th July 2006, 05:50 AM
YES !

nilavupriyan
14th July 2006, 09:10 AM
yes......he dint cheat in the game!if mradona is celebrated now..definitely zidane should be placed as alegend

Unicorn
14th July 2006, 10:47 PM
:evil: this incident is stealing away some glory from the classic Italian victory :mad:

Nerd
15th July 2006, 01:53 AM
The incident just reminds me of the infamous Mcgrath-Sarwan incident.

:rotfl:

Sarwan did better than Zidane. Sometimes words are more powerful than headbutts :lol:

Nakeeran
15th July 2006, 01:09 PM

Sarwan did better than Zidane. Sometimes words are more powerful than headbutts :lol:

True !

Sarwan applied his brain & presence of mind . You know , it was Mcgrath who got more upset after this though the only provoked Sarwan :lol:

It seems Zidane already had done this Maadu muttal earlier !

but if we consider him purely as a soccer player - CLASS :D

selvakumar
15th July 2006, 02:12 PM

Can you please enlighten us what is *better* here? Do you want ZZ to scold Matt...mother or sister in the same way. May be for the mistake from Matt... if you think that his mother or sister should be punished, Then I agree with you :notworthy:

Justice
15th July 2006, 07:40 PM
cricket and soccer are different :rotfl2:

Mcgrath asked Sarwan about how Lara**********************? There was no abuse on his family while what muttal materazzi asked was about his mother and sister. It's easy to understand Z's reaction.

Sarwan gave back by talking about Mcgrath's wife(who's a cancer patient) which pi$$ed off Mcgrath :lol: .. Notice how that hurts someone.

Muslims and other religions don't see the women the same way.

Justice
15th July 2006, 07:47 PM
Zidane got his punishment. One feels that materazzi should have been punished in some way. Why is physical punishment more serious than verbal punishment. If Zidane's example was not good, should kids be allowed to act like materazzi? To win a game by provocation, to do something underhand? In some ways Zidane's reaction, albeit innaceptable, was less hypocritical than that of materazzi who then was all smiles when he lifted the cup?? Noe materazzi must be thankful to Zidane because he touched him and made him famous for being an incomplete soccer player who wins in a dishonest way. I don't want to see any more materazzi, cheap cheaters, to cause other great players to get banned. He's a disgrace to soccer.

Zidane has shown that something means more to him than the World Cup and that is his family and race His country and his fans support him. And trust me, if Zidane hadn't done what he did during the match, then Matarazzi would have continued his vile behaviour and would have tried to provoke other people in other matches and hurt their feelings

But now, he will think twice before he tries to insult anyone because now everyone knows the kind of person that he is. Zidane once again proved that he is a hero by knocking down a cheesy chicken.

Tia
15th July 2006, 09:01 PM
isn't it cos the italian guy said zidane and his family should die....thats why he did that on the pitch in the finals! and it was his last game!

Nerd
15th July 2006, 10:15 PM

Can you please enlighten us what is *better* here? Do you want ZZ to scold Matt...mother or sister in the same way. May be for the mistake from Matt... if you think that his mother or sister should be punished, Then I agree with you :notworthy:

well well well.. Have you ever played a serious game b4 ?? If you had then you would definitely know whats the intensity of that !! And zidane is too good a player to listen to kiddos like materazzi. See what had cost him ?? A blackmark in his career and probably the world cup..

Games like this, people will talk crap especially if u r the best player on the field. They will try to intimidate u.. take the example of dravid.. atleast on 50 occassions he would have been abused by the fellow players and that would have involved his mother/sister. Common dont be kids.. if someone says that he ll ********** that wont happen :rotfl:

We are grown ups and we should learn to take things easy !!

villan007
15th July 2006, 11:45 PM
We are grown ups and we should learn to take things easy !!

:roll:

MADDY
16th July 2006, 05:27 AM
Zidane got his punishment. One feels that materazzi should have been punished in some way. Why is physical punishment more serious than verbal punishment. If Zidane's example was not good, should kids be allowed to act like materazzi? To win a game by provocation, to do something underhand? In some ways Zidane's reaction, albeit innaceptable, was less hypocritical than that of materazzi who then was all smiles when he lifted the cup?? Noe materazzi must be thankful to Zidane because he touched him and made him famous for being an incomplete soccer player who wins in a dishonest way. I don't want to see any more materazzi, cheap cheaters, to cause other great players to get banned. He's a disgrace to soccer.

Zidane has shown that something means more to him than the World Cup and that is his family and race His country and his fans support him. And trust me, if Zidane hadn't done what he did during the match, then Matarazzi would have continued his vile behaviour and would have tried to provoke other people in other matches and hurt their feelings

But now, he will think twice before he tries to insult anyone because now everyone knows the kind of person that he is. Zidane once again proved that he is a hero by knocking down a cheesy chicken.

hello hello, if Matterazi had used Zidane's mom/sister's name then wat did the club footballer (whom zidane had headbutted some 4 years ago) and wat did Saudi player do (whom Zidane stomped with his foot,unbelievable) ???? i guess it has been a perenial problem with Zidane to have a bad temper.......he has to correct it.....not otherz.....

i dunno y nobody noticed, that Zidane was frustrated to the hilt when Buffon made that epic save from his header, he let out a cry that would have scared hell out of anyone.......i really think he was frustrated by that save and when Matterazi provoked him , he really cut loose.......

justice, how cruel on ur part to attribute Italy's success to Zidane's exit??? even if Zidane had stayed he wud have missed the penalty himself......buffon was ready for him.......AZZURI rules......

(p.s: dont bring ARRahman here please in an enthu to insult me)

Justice
16th July 2006, 07:28 AM
hello hello

wrong number :curse:

because

even if Zidane had stayed he wud have missed the penalty himself......buffon was ready for him.......AZZURI rules......

Either you did not watch the game :omg: or got stuck in kitchen :oops2: in 7th minute when Zidane fooled him :rotfl2: . After fathoming the fact that you did not watch the game, why would I consume time replying to your argument? :huh:

A friendly(I mean it) question: How would bringing ARR into this equation *insult* you? May hurt but why insult?

MADDY
16th July 2006, 07:52 AM
justice, u dont have any answers for my 1st para isnt it? fyi, Zidane was very lucky to have the first goal and everyone knew it......it just bounced once inside the goal, and the expression on zidane's face was of relief and not of happpines....adhukku dhan enga aalu matterazi within 10 minutesla marana adi kudutharula........

yes justice, u know my weakness- it is ARR, so to keep me quiet anyone in this forum can use it, which is wat i dread always while speaking to u.......anyways, thanks that u didnt drag his name here......u mite, never know :lol:

but i really appreciate Zidane's apology to the kids for his head-butting......really need to have a big heart to say that.... :D

villan007
16th July 2006, 11:12 AM
justice, how cruel on ur part to attribute Italy's success to Zidane's exit??? even if Zidane had stayed he wud have missed the penalty himself......buffon was ready for him.......AZZURI rules......

hayyo hayyo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you watch the match ? :twisted: 7th minute penalty nyabaham iruka anne ? Buffon was completely fooled... 8-) :lol:

Theriathu na __________ kittu irunga :) ...

So you say that penalty came out of luck... :o ..... ... Zizou is one of the successful penalty takers in Football. your buffon or bufoon cud stop his shoot only in dreams :( OMG.. U've never played soccer i guess..... no use talking to you :wave:

Nakeeran
16th July 2006, 12:44 PM

hayyo hayyo :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you watch the match ? :twisted: 7th minute penalty nyabaham iruka anne ? Buffon was completely fooled... 8-) :lol:

Theriathu na __________ kittu irunga :) ...

So you say that penalty came out of luck... :o ..... ... Zizou is one of the successful penalty takers in Football. your buffon or bufoon cud stop his shoot only in dreams :( OMG.. U've never played soccer i guess..... no use talking to you :wave:

Villa

No credit can be taken away from Buffon , one of the best ever goal keepers in the history of the game :D

You watched that great saving of Zidanne's header no ??

Again, when Z already has a good track record of head butting , his behaviour has not set high standards especially for those who aspire to know how to behave in an open arena .

Purely as a player, Z is superlative

villan007
16th July 2006, 12:47 PM
Villa

No credit can be taken away from Buffon , one of the best ever goal keepers in the history of the game :D

Again, when Z already has a good track record of head butting , his behaviour has not set high standards especially for those who aspire to know how to behave in an open arena .

I was talking abt penalties... :roll: ..... Do you think he wud've saved a penalty shoot from zizou... :roll: NOWAY 8-) ....

Nakeeran
16th July 2006, 12:50 PM
Villa

I was talking abt penalties... :roll: ..... Do you think he wud've saved a penalty shoot from zizou... :roll: NOWAY 8-) ....

Penalty save pannuvadharku konjam maccham venum Villa :D

You would have seen that most of the keepers move in one direction in ANTICIPATION & PRE DETERMINED because they read the shooter's earlier track record of which direction he normally hits & move accordingly BOOKISH.

Penalty saving is pure luck only Villa :cry:

villan007
16th July 2006, 12:55 PM

You would have seen that most of the keepers move in one direction in ANTICIPATION & PRE DETERMINED because they read the shooter's earlier track record of which direction he normally hits & move accordingly BOOKISH.

Agreed.... aana namma maddy ennamo buffon kandippa pudichuruvaaru nra maari la pesuraru :roll: ... Z's normal shoots wud be to the right of the keeper .... but he mixes it up quite well :wink:

MADDY
16th July 2006, 04:14 PM
( OMG.. U've never played soccer i guess..... no use talking to you :wave:

neenga enna Indiavai represent panningala??? utkanthu type panrathukke ivalavo egova :shock:

unga Zidane avalavu periya thillalangadinna enga cannavaro wall oru dharava kooda break panna mudiyala??? and dont tell me that his penalty was entirely convincing, no player can plan it to hit the cross bar.......its just luck that it pitched once inside......

ArulprakasH
16th July 2006, 05:48 PM
I support Terrorism, if it is on Politicians

Maddy, Will u support terrorism, if it is on sports too.. :roll:

MADDY
16th July 2006, 08:06 PM
I support Terrorism, if it is on Politicians

Maddy, Will u support terrorism, if it is on sports too.. :roll:

dont u think it is better to lose some 100 politicians than losing 300 innocent local-train travelling people??

villan007
16th July 2006, 09:26 PM
neenga enna Indiavai represent panningala??? utkanthu type panrathukke ivalavo egova :shock:

unga Zidane avalavu periya thillalangadinna enga cannavaro wall oru dharava kooda break panna mudiyala??? and dont tell me that his penalty was entirely convincing, no player can plan it to hit the cross bar.......its just luck that it pitched once inside......

:rotfl: ........ Time for me to follow NOV's signature... :wave:

villan007
16th July 2006, 09:32 PM
dont u think it is better to lose some 100 politicians than losing 300 innocent local-train travelling people??

:thumbsup: ..... RDB la vara maari oru naal nadakathan poguthu

Justice
17th July 2006, 03:27 AM
unga Zidane avalavu periya thillalangadinna enga cannavaro wall oru dharava kooda break panna mudiyala???

:rotfl: :rotfl: . periya china perunchuvar thaane. I think the header was only saved by the goalie :roll:

Former champion could not beat France.
Current champion could not beat Australia and the referee had to succour giving them a dubious penalty.

Apply the logic, it'll work fine. Or can we call it either *luck* or *one bad day*

Buffon and blah, he didn't save any of the 5 penalty shot that were taken :wave:

Bottomline is Zidane is a maestro, simply the best in Europe.

That's all. I've nothing much to say in this thread anymore :wave:

MrIndia
18th July 2006, 03:58 AM

not purely luck..
as u can see Portugal's RICARDO did three saves in penalty shootout.. i would not say it is luck only..
it also depends on the guy who is taking the penalty :wink:

ajithfederer
21st July 2006, 03:29 AM
[tscii:4283e8cac7]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5198796.stm

Zinedine Zidane has been banned for three games and fined £3,260 for head-butting Italy's Marco Materazzi during the World Cup final.
Following an investigation by world governing body Fifa, Materazzi was suspended for two games and fined £2,170 for provoking Zidane.

A Fifa statement said: "Both players stressed Materazzi's comments had been defamatory but not of a racist nature."

Zidane's ban is academic as he retired from football after the finals.

However the 34-year-old will instead work with football's world governing body Fifa for three days.

Fifa added: "Zinedine Zidane has agreed to do community service work with children and youngsters.

"During the course of their hearings both players also apologised to Fifa for their inappropriate behaviour and expressed their regret at the incident."

Zidane spent 90 minutes at a private hearing on Thursday, while Materazzi appeared before the Fifa panel on 14 July.

606 MESSAGE BOARD VIEW
I would love to have known what was said; I'll just have to wait for the book to come out

ST
606: Have your say

Playing in the last game of his career, Zidane snapped during extra time of the World Cup final.

The Frenchman later claimed Materazzi had insulted his mother and his sister.

However, Materazzi maintained his comments were not "racist, religious, or political" and he added: "I also said nothing about his mother."

Despite the incident, Zidane went on to win the Golden Ball for the tournament's best player and despite suggestions to the contrary, Fifa has confirmed the Frenchman will be allowed to keep the award.

"It wasn't even discussed at the meeting," said Fifa spokesman Andreas Herren.

Materazzi's suspension will keep him out of Italy's opening two Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania on 2 September and France on 6 September.

Paolo Maldini, captain of AC Milan and former captain of Italy's national team criticised Fifa's suspension of Materazzi.

"It's scandalous to suspend a player for having said something.

"It's the first time it's been done and it's only because Materazzi is Italian and because they wanted to justify the action of Zidane but who was in the wrong."

But French Football Federation president Jean-Pierre Escalettes, supported Fifa's verdict.

"It is intelligent, measured and reasonable," said Escalettes.

"It shows knowledge of the world of football.The provoker of the incident has been punished."

[/tscii:4283e8cac7]

solona
21st July 2006, 07:54 AM
FIFA :clap: :notworthy:

Good end to this story

Unicorn
21st July 2006, 10:04 PM
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/3268/c15542785on.gif
lil funny :D

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2006, 09:13 AM
retire aanadhukaparama match ban.. soobarabu