PDA

View Full Version : IR- Kamal Haasan combo the best ever MD-Actor Combo !!

Alien
7th June 2006, 06:14 PM
Any second opinions on this ? :wink:
I don't quite agree that Mohan or anyone else had better of IR than Kamal Haasan... IR-Mohan combo may have been more consistent, thatz bcos Kamal-IR had lotz of masala junk movies as well ....
I don't think I've much listened to wholesome albums like Guna, Mahanathi, Hey raam, Sippikkul muthu, Salangai Oli, 16 vayathinile, Punnagai mannan , etc, etc from other actor-MD combos .................
Overall this combo is the best ever IMHO !

Pls discuss abt the rare gems & genius of this great Combo :)

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 06:20 PM
Ayyo . Erkanave oru thread irukudhu idharku

But in another way

BEST EVER MD FOR KAMAL MOVIES

Anga oray ratha kalariyagi ippa dhaan oindhirukku, neenga vera pudhusa kilapureenga ippa !

IR ellarukkum super music potirukaar para patcham illamal.

Neenga may be kamal fan . adhanal unga kannukku unga padam dhan bestnu theriyudhu

Hulkster
7th June 2006, 06:27 PM
Any second opinions on this ? :wink:
I don't quite agree that Mohan or anyone else had better of IR than Kamal Haasan... IR-Mohan combo may have been more consistent, thatz bcos Kamal-IR had lotz of masala junk movies as well ....
I don't think I've much listened to wholesome albums like Guna, Mahanathi, Hey raam, Sippikkul muthu, Salangai Oli, 16 vayathinile, Punnagai mannan , etc, etc from other actor-MD combos .................
Overall this combo is the best ever IMHO ! Pls post ur opinions on this ....
:roll:

Ithukku orae oru answer thaan irukku...as said by kamalhassan the maha nadigan himself.."IR composed better songs for Rajinikanth than me"

Alien
7th June 2006, 06:33 PM
Then tell me one film which had greater songs than any of the ones I mentioned :) ...
The only film of that calibre is Johny, Thalapathi(among Rajni's), I can see ....

Hulkster
7th June 2006, 06:43 PM
16 vayathinilae would not count as it starred both kamal and RK....well i trust kamal when he says IR made better songs for RK...besides thalapathy and johnny...movies like rajathi raja..padikkathavan...veera(not exactly the best but all songs were good)...nallavanakku nallavan...netrikann...kavikkuyil...priya..pudhiya kavithai...aduttha vaarisu...dharmattin thalaivan..mannan....yethanaiyo irukku pa...kamal also had alot of good movies with IR...maybe the difference being that IR's best songs came with Rajini.

Hulkster
7th June 2006, 06:46 PM
Oh u mean the album all had good songs...in that case it will have to be rajathi raja or mannan.

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 06:47 PM
Then tell me one film which had greater songs than any of the ones I mentioned :) ...
The only film of that calibre is Johny, Thalapathi(among Rajni's), I can see ....

Mullum malarum , Johnny , Priya

edhallam neenga pakaliya :wink:

Alien
7th June 2006, 06:56 PM
Naan Guna , Hey raam , Swathy mutyum range-la solleettu irukkiran, neenga enna solleettu irukkenga hulk ?? :huh: :lol: .....

Maddy good choices , u have brought up :thumbsup: .... I can say atleast 30 such wholesome albums for IR- Kamal , that are beyond this material world ... Thats where they stand towering high above the rest :notworthy: ....
Hope u guys get me ... :P

Alien
7th June 2006, 06:58 PM
Oh u mean the album all had good songs...in that case it will have to be rajathi raja or mannan.
Aboorva Sagodharargal or Thoongathey thambi thoongathey is enuf to beat them hands down ... 8-)
All 4 had great songs, no doubt ..... 8-)

alwarpet_andavan
7th June 2006, 08:04 PM
Ithukku orae oru answer thaan irukku...as said by kamalhassan the maha nadigan himself.."IR composed better songs for Rajinikanth than me"

Can you please tell when and where he said this???

alwarpet_andavan
7th June 2006, 08:05 PM
IMO, IR-Mike Mohan ruled the 80's but overall and though its a close tie between IR combo with KH/RK/Mohan, i think IR-KH combo would come out on top.

selvakumar
7th June 2006, 08:12 PM
Jana , 10000000.....................cheers for this thread :clap:
IMO, I appreciate KH combination with all MDs..

But when it comes to IR - KH, it is a COMBINATION OF CLASS & MASS IN BOTH

1. MUSIC &
2. FILM

I like this combo's
* mass songs
* off-beat songs
* melodies
etc :P

The list is endless.. you know :wink:
some of my all time favorite melodies from this COMBO are

* Kanne Kalai Maanae from Moondraam PIrai (YOu know how much We like this movie and song) :wink:

* Nee Paartha ... from HeyRam...A heartwrenching number (which can launch everyone into that feel which a person can go through... esp with his GF / wife coming to the mind :( :clap)

* what else
THE ULTIMATE VILLAGE MELODY

"INGI IDUPPAZHAGA, MANJA SIVAPPAZHAGA" :thumbsup:

---Many More--- 8-)

Raikkonen
7th June 2006, 08:42 PM
Alien :notworthy: for a great topic..

Unnal Mudiyum Thambi was awesome too..
AS background music during the scene where Srividya will critise Kamal... was superooooooo super..
Plus with stunning expressions, i guess many would have cried for that particular scene.....

I even like Toongathey Thambi Toongathey and Sakalavallavan.. Massyy.. songs

MusicIsLife
8th June 2006, 02:09 AM
I dont know whether Singaravelan was mentioned. but collectively the album was good, though the movie was a dud.

Alien
8th June 2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks Selva & NTR 8-)

I was just going though some threads in current topics and have realised what a rampage could the names associated here bring in .... :shock: ... and there r ppl like (......) out to just doing so .... :wink:

So, I feel this thread is better kept as a thread to discuss on the gems of IR-KH combo .... Comparisons are inevitable and are to be handled as exceptions .... :wink:
So from hereon, letz use this thread to discuss about the Songs of IR-KH and the old ones that are not much known to the younger gen & etc., .....
Sorry for the confusion folks :)

Alien
8th June 2006, 08:45 AM
I recently stumbled upon this great album Aval Appadithaan :notworthy:
I've never listened to that album before .... :( ...
One of the greatest renditions of IR !
Panneer pushpangalE - One of the greatest songs Kamal Haasan has rendered ever .... His voice rocks ur soul as ever .... Younger gen with limited knowledge(Kadavul paathi & Alwarpeta aandava ....) of his singing shud listen to songs like these ... :notworthy: ....

Hulkster
8th June 2006, 09:12 AM
Alien kaadhal vandhiruchi is also a brilliant rendition by Kamalhassan...atheiyum listulae add pennungo...thenpaandi cheemayilae which was kamal's version is also a good rendition.

tvsankar
8th June 2006, 10:47 AM
Pon maanai thedudhae - beautiful song by Kamal and IR. Fim name theriyavillai !! Film is by Mohan !!!

Great orchestration by IR !!! Kamal sings nicely !!! IR in composition and orchestration ai purindhu kondu Kamal nanraga paadi irupar!!!!!

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 12:54 PM
Pon maanai thedudhae - beautiful song by Kamal and IR. Fim name theriyavillai !! Film is by Mohan !!!

Great orchestration by IR !!! Kamal sings nicely !!! IR in composition and orchestration ai purindhu kondu Kamal nanraga paadi irupar!!!!!

Its O mane mane . tamil remake of Sattaikari alias Julie in Hindi
Cast : Mohan, Urvasi

yeah lovely song by Kamal with IR

Raikkonen
8th June 2006, 09:14 PM
Alien...

My favorite is Sikappu Rojakkal songs (only two songs in the movie)

Ninavo oru paravai.. Enna song.. enna voicuuu...
:notworthy: Kamal and IR

Nerd
9th June 2006, 12:45 AM
NinaivO oru paRavai tops my list too :thumbsup:

Alien
9th June 2006, 09:54 AM

WOW !! Yeah, I very recently only listened to this ! Superb melody ! Great renditions !!! :) .... yeah itz from the movie Oh mane mane with mohan ....

Alien
9th June 2006, 09:59 AM
Yeah, ninaivO oru paravai is another superb one!! :)
This one I posted in the hub some time back .... !

Last weekend , me & my friend were watching "Red roses" ..... During that "miniminikku ..." song he said that humming is bad , very bad (some chorus singers') .......
Then when the "Ninaivoo oru" song came up, he said SPB rocks in humming :o ... I was stunned and b4 I opened my mouth to say, that wasn't SPB , he himself realised it and asked me "who is that?" ... I asked him to guess the singer (He always brags that he can tell the (any) singers from listening a song once ) ... His guesses during the span of the song were SPB(humming), KJY, Jeyachandran, Unni menon ... :lol: I was in such laughter ... When the song was going to end, he said Ilayaraja , I ROTFL, then with dismay he said Kamal .... !!!!! :wink:
It was sooooo fun :wink: .... Actually he had listened to that song lots of times , he says itz one of his fav :lol: :wink:
Kamal's voice was very young and different in those late 70s & 80s songs !!

Alien
9th June 2006, 10:02 AM
Currently I am madly in love with this song "Uravugal thodarkathai" - KJY from Aval appadithaan !!
A very soothing melody by IR !!! and KJY's voice melts you down .... !

tvsankar
9th June 2006, 07:05 PM
Dear all,
Kamal and IR enru sadharanamaga sollum vishayam illai.

Kamal, IR, Director singers lyrics enru oru periya team work patri scene by scene sollum vishayam !!! Ippadi simple aga pesi mudika vendam enbadhu en chinna asai !!!

1.Sattam en kaiyil - oru ordinaray double act film dhan idhu.Anal idhil Kamal in creativity and dedication & IR in care about the character ---- IR miga azhagaga differentiate
panni irupar than azhagana isaiyil!!!

Oru kamal -- typical theif !! Chennai tamiz pesum character!!

Ivarukana oru song ----- Kadai thengayum vazhi pillaiyarum ---- by MVD and chorus !!!

kamal is well matched for this character !!! Indha paatum andha level ku match agum oru composition !! MVD is suited for this Kamal !!

2. Sorgam madhuvilae ----- GReat composition !!!!

THis song for another Kamal ---- He is a foreign return !!! Andha period, USA english pesum character i think !!! Kamal speaks nicely !!! Andha manners aiyum azhagaga follow pannuvar !!!

Indha Kamal in pair is killed by someone !!!

Sogamana Kamal club il kudithu vittu padum padal sorgam madhuvilae -- adharkana scene !!!

Beautiful Composition ny IR !!! Young Kamal !!!!! (ADhuavae appodhu + point) Dance aduvadhu pol scene !!! Thannudiaya netriyil, kudikum cup ai vaithu kondu oru chinna steps vaipar !!! Really nice to watch !!!

SPB ----- Kamal and SPB enru thaniyae dhan solla vendum !!! SPB paduvadhai kettal Kamal nadipadhu manadhil varum !!! Kamal nadipadhai parthal avar paduvadhu pol oru feelings varum !!! Reallly nice pair !!!

Kadhal oru geetham
adhai kandaen ooridam
ponal aval ponal
naan parthen nooridam
thudikiraen !!! Thavikiren !!! Ninaithadhai marakiraen !!( indha idathil SPB il style FANTASTIC !!!! kamal in expression is nice !!! IR in music is so nice !!!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

app_engine
9th June 2006, 08:24 PM
Ushaji,
Nice write up.

However, one small observation - kudikkum kAtchigaLil podhuvAga actors in Thamizh film aniyAyamAga overdo paNNuvArgaL...including the talented Kamal...(adhaippArththO ennavO, TN kudimagankaLum konjam over'Aga nadandhu koLvArkaL...nichayamAga avarkaL nanandhu koLvadhaRkkum actual madhu effect'kkum periya sambandham illai:-))

IMHO, none can beat Mohanlal in `madhya' scenes:-))(Really real...chance kidaiththAl 'dasaradham' pArungaL (malayALam film, directed by Sibi Malayil)...

Alien
9th June 2006, 09:38 PM
2. Sorgam madhuvilae ----- GReat composition !!!!

THis song for another Kamal ---- He is a foreign return !!! Andha period, USA english pesum character i think !!! Kamal speaks nicely !!! Andha manners aiyum azhagaga follow pannuvar !!!

Indha Kamal in pair is killed by someone !!!

Sogamana Kamal club il kudithu vittu padum padal sorgam madhuvilae -- adharkana scene !!!

Beautiful Composition ny IR !!! Young Kamal !!!!! (ADhuavae appodhu + point) Dance aduvadhu pol scene !!! Thannudiaya netriyil, kudikum cup ai vaithu kondu oru chinna steps vaipar !!! Really nice to watch !!!
Kadhal oru geetham
adhai kandaen ooridam
ponal aval ponal
naan parthen nooridam
thudikiraen !!! Thavikiren !!! Ninaithadhai marakiraen !!( indha idathil SPB il style FANTASTIC !!!! kamal in expression is nice !!! IR in music is so nice !!!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Thanks Ushaji ! Very nice write-up .... :D
I haven't seen this film , But I really love that song Sorgam madhuvilE !!!! :P .... Your writing tempts me even more to watch that song/film ..... :)

Alien
9th June 2006, 09:42 PM
Alien kaadhal vandhiruchi is also a brilliant rendition by Kamalhassan...atheiyum listulae add pennungo...
Hulky ...... Kadhal vandhiruchE was by Malaysia Vasudevan ! .... Isn't it?? ..... Maybe there was a Kamal Haasan version too .., But I could only find the Malaysia vasudevan's one in the websites .... Please clarify this ... :)

Nakeeran
9th June 2006, 10:18 PM
Alien kaadhal vandhiruchi is also a brilliant rendition by Kamalhassan...atheiyum listulae add pennungo...
Hulky ...... Kadhal vandhiruchE was by Malaysia Vasudevan ! .... Isn't it?? ..... Maybe there was a Kamal Haasan version too .., But I could only find the Malaysia vasudevan's one in the websites .... Please clarify this ... :)

Alien

2 kathal vandhiruchi in KR .

First one - I think SPB for comedy kamal
second one - MV - Serious kamal . Hero :)

Alien
9th June 2006, 10:39 PM
Alien

2 kathal vandhiruchi in KR .

First one - I think SPB for comedy kamal
second one - MV - Serious kamal . Hero :)
NakeerarE , :)
Illai !! U r only partially rite ! I checked in raaga and some other sites too ... There seems to be 2 songs in Kalyanaraaman ...
1) Kaadhal VanthiruchE -- MV
2) Kaadhal deepam onru - MV again (Like u said, the tunes r same , just the lyrics r diff !) ...
But I have read in some other sites too saying that Kamal had sung that kaadhal vandhiruchE song ...
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Musicreviews/vallavan/vallavan-music-review-1.html
Read that Kaadhal vanthiruvhE portion ........
:roll: ... conpeesan ....

app_engine
10th June 2006, 12:06 AM
AhA vandhiruchchu and kAdhal deepam ondRu are both by MV. 100%.

It's to his credit, though, that he so closely mimicked Kamal that people recognize that song as one sung by KH:-)

A.ANAND
10th June 2006, 11:21 AM
I am ir hardcore fan,can anybody give the link of ir's mp3songs please!!!!

tvsankar
10th June 2006, 03:42 PM
Dear app and Alien,
Thanks for the response !!

Dear app,
Neenga sonna Mohanlal malaiyalam movie parthu iruken. Mohanlal acting is nice !! Most of the malaiyalam movies is based on reality !!!!! Cinemathanam illadha cinema dhan adigham angae !!!

Tamil movies appadi illai.Konjam artificial ulla movies dhan ingae adhigam.Indha circumstance il Kamal thnnal mudindha alavuku konjam reality enral enna enru solla, nadika murpatta oru Nadigar avar -- i think !!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Nakeeran
10th June 2006, 03:45 PM
I am ir hardcore fan,can anybody give the link of ir's mp3songs please!!!!

Here is the link. there is an exclusive site for IR !

http://rajaecho.tripod.com/

Nakeeran
10th June 2006, 03:46 PM
Dear app and Alien,
Thanks for the response !!

Dear app,
Neenga sonna Mohanlal malaiyalam movie parthu iruken. Mohanlal acting is nice !! Most of the malaiyalam movies is based on reality !!!!! Cinemathanam illadha cinema dhan adigham angae !!!

Tamil movies appadi illai.Konjam artificial ulla movies dhan ingae adhigam.Indha circumstance il Kamal thnnal mudindha alavuku konjam reality enral enna enru solla, nadika murpatta oru Nadigar avar -- i think !!!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Neenga oru hardcore kamal rasigayo :D

Alien
10th June 2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks app for clarifying abt kalyanaraaman :)

Kamal, as a drunkard, in Virumaandi was very natural & realistic ... Illaya ..... :)

Nakeeran
10th June 2006, 05:26 PM
Thanks app for clarifying abt kalyanaraaman :)

Kamal, as a drunkard, in Virumaandi was very natural & realistic ... Illaya ..... :)

Alien

Unga current avataram enna RED ROSESa ??

Alien
10th June 2006, 05:44 PM
Alien

Yessssss :P Eppdi irukkuthu still ? ... My most fav actor & most fav director 's classy je ne sais quoi of a movie ....!!!

A.ANAND
10th June 2006, 05:51 PM
NAKKERAN ,ROMBA NANDRI 4 THE LINK..

Nakeeran
10th June 2006, 05:59 PM
Alien

Yessssss :P Eppdi irukkuthu still ? ... My most fav actor & most fav director 's classy je ne sais quoi of a movie ....!!!

Alien . Avataram kalallkal

Do you know how BR made this movie ? after the grand success of 16 years & Kizake pogum ..... , critics started dubbing BR as a VILLAGE ORIENTED GUY.
To break this tabooo, BR took this movie ! The bungalow where the film was shot is quite popular one in Chennai & everyone used to identify as sigappu rojakkal veedu :D

Nakeeran
10th June 2006, 06:01 PM
I think Kamal's NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING in red roses was copied by raghuvaran in Puriyadha pudhir !

I know I know I know !

Alien
10th June 2006, 09:39 PM
NakeerarE, nice info abt Sigappu rojaakkaL :P
Yeah, raghuvaran's 'I know" had a similar style ! Both were terrific !!!

ARUNPRAKASHKRISHNAN
12th June 2006, 03:56 PM
does any body know how many films has both done together

Sanjeevi
12th June 2006, 04:44 PM
Ayya ARUNPRAKASHKRISHNAN,

please put a space between ARUNPRAKASH and KRISHNAN

Raikkonen
13th June 2006, 08:32 PM
what about Germanyin - Ullasa Paravaogal song

Vysar
13th June 2006, 09:49 PM
Kamal copies Al Pacino's acting style and mannerisms.

great
13th June 2006, 10:09 PM

Proof !!!!! :D

Nakeeran
13th June 2006, 10:21 PM

Forget Al Pacino.

Whenever Kamal played comical roles, I could see an inspiration from Charlie Chaplin :wink:

Vysar
13th June 2006, 10:36 PM
Watch

Serpico
Carlito's Way
God Father
Scarface

and watch

Nayagan (God Father)
Satya (Serpico)

you can see lot of inspiration(copy)of Kamal trying to match up with the great Al Pacino IMHO

Nakeeran
13th June 2006, 10:39 PM
Watch

Serpico
Carlito's Way
God Father
Scarface

and watch

Nayagan (God Father)
Satya (Serpico)

you can see lot of inspiration(copy)of Kamal trying to match up with the great Al Pacino IMHO

I will not consider Nayagan bcas its more or lessa fine tuned version of GF & hence resemblence is inevitable.

Vysar
13th June 2006, 10:55 PM
I will not consider Nayagan bcas its more or lessa fine tuned version of GF & hence resemblence is inevitable.

I would never say Nayagan a fined tuned version of God Father rather regionalized half baked inspiration. God Father is uncomparable epic IMHO.

rajasaranam
13th June 2006, 11:31 PM
Watch

Serpico
Carlito's Way
God Father
Scarface

and watch

Nayagan (God Father)
Satya (Serpico)

Yeah this has been accepted by KH himself longback in an interview that he is inspired a lot from AlPacino :) What is the point in bringing it up here :?

Vysar
13th June 2006, 11:56 PM
Yeah this has been accepted by KH himself longback in an interview that he is inspired a lot from AlPacino :) What is the point in bringing it up here :?

Show me the proof. Especially you always come up with an excuse like this.

rajasaranam
14th June 2006, 12:14 AM
Oops i said long back... it was an interview in kumudham or AV [these are the two magazines which Iam reading from mid 80's without missing a week] in the late 80's how do you expect me to show a proof :?

Vysar
14th June 2006, 12:44 AM
Again same old lame duck excuse.

Alien
14th June 2006, 07:39 AM
Again same old lame duck excuse.
Did u first see the topic title ???? Discuss about the songs, music from IR-Kamal films !! Whatz ur problem here ?
:?
And , yeah Kamal does get inspiration from Al pacino ! Whatz so wrong ? De niro , another of those greatest actors, says, he at times gets inspirations(Raging bull...) from Marlon Brando !(De niro is a huge Brando fan , BTW) Why don't u go and criticize him ?? Almost all of these greatest creators gets inspirations from other such creators !

Any actor who wants to be POIGNANT, SUBTLE will have to take a leaf out of Pacino's acting !! Hez the most poetic of all, I would say !! Godfather 1,2 are his most subtle roles, where he acts only with his eyes !! :)
Anyway, this isn't the topic to discuss them, If u want further clarifications visit Kamal threads in films section .....
Pls discuss abt the songs , BGM, scenes , etc here ....
So long ......

Alien
14th June 2006, 07:58 AM
Aboorva sagotharargal TITLE music by IR :thumbsup:

http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=95070
Enjoy the BGM by IR ! :notworthy: .....
Thanks to great(Balaji) ! :D

tvsankar
14th June 2006, 10:07 AM
Meendum Gokila ------ in this film all the songs are gems !!!!

1. Radha radha nee engae

2.Chinnan chiru vayadhil

3.Hey -- oorayiram --- IR SPB and Kamal nalae indha song nichayam great dhan !!

ANother gem ----- Ponnana meni
ullasam kondadum rani by KJY and SJ !!!!

most beautiful composition of IR for Kamal --- i feel !!!!

Sanjeevi
14th June 2006, 10:32 AM
Ushaji,

I like very much "Hey oorayiram" than other song. It just mesmerising me whenever i am listening.

tvsankar
14th June 2006, 12:10 PM
Dear Sanjeevi,
Enakum hey oorayiram - migavum piidikum.Anal ponnana meni -- IR oda composition la migavum different ana composition a indha padalai feel pannuven.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

great
14th June 2006, 02:57 PM

Forget Al Pacino.

Whenever Kamal played comical roles, I could see an inspiration from Charlie Chaplin :wink:

vanakkamungO !!!!

yeah only one movie was inspiration of charlie chaplin....
CHAPLIN CHELLAPA u meant..... anyother movie could you plz point out :tongueout:

you meant kameshwaran also inspired from charlie chaplin :? :roll:

great
14th June 2006, 02:59 PM
Watch

Serpico
Carlito's Way
God Father
Scarface

and watch

Nayagan (God Father)
Satya (Serpico)

you missed these movies :roll:
Insider
Heat
Scent of a women.
sea of love.

In what way he has insipired tell us that dont just give movie names.

rajasaranam
14th June 2006, 05:54 PM
great,

Whether vysar Agrees that KH himself has accepted that he is inspired by Alpacino or not.... [he will ask for a proof if i say Rajini has accepted himself that he copied some styles from Shatrugan sinha :lol: ] I came to know about Alpacino only from that interview... And this is not a finding by vysar sir. it's been around here for quiet sometime right from nayagan times.

Regarding the inspirations > you have to watch those movies of Alpacino and try replacing that character if done by KH. You can very well imagine KH would emote the same way as him. I've noticed many of Alpacino's gestures and wondered 'Ada Kamal intha scenla ithae than panni irupaar'. Alpacino just fits into a character with ease and casualness as kamal does. even the body language of both matches perfectly.
But all the above observations fits only in some stylish characters. When it comes to virumaandi or some other culturally oriented character played by kamal he does it in his own style.

Nakeeran
14th June 2006, 09:04 PM
Rajasaranam

Oru madhiri vamba vilaikku vangareenga ! kamal fans ungala kizikka maataanga . bcas most of them are IR fans & they have a vested interest there !

Alien
14th June 2006, 09:28 PM
NakeerarE, neenga oru puriyaatha puthir :D
RS, Kamal -i support panni thaanE pEsuraar ! :P ....
What r u talking abt ?

Anyway, Wherez Mr.Vysar gone? Escapuuuuuu ! :huh:

Coming back to the topic, My most fav album of IR-Kamal , if I were to pick one , is Salangai Oli ! :P ... no words to describe this album(as many of theirs) ..... :clap: .... Though I don't rem watching the movie/songs ..... :(
What would be ur choice folks?

Alien
14th June 2006, 09:31 PM
Meendum Gokila ------ in this film all the songs are gems !!!!

1. Radha radha nee engae

2.Chinnan chiru vayadhil

3.Hey -- oorayiram --- IR SPB and Kamal nalae indha song nichayam great dhan !!

ANother gem ----- Ponnana meni
ullasam kondadum rani by KJY and SJ !!!!

most beautiful composition of IR for Kamal --- i feel !!!!
Thanks Ushaji ! :)
I haven't listened to these songs except Chinnam chiru vayathil - One of my most fav song :P ...
IppO ungaludaya post paathuTTu thaan matra songs-i kETTEn .... superb songs :D ! ....

Nakeeran
14th June 2006, 09:37 PM
NakeerarE, neenga oru puriyaatha puthir :D
RS, Kamal -i support panni thaanE pEsuraar ! :P ....
What r u talking abt ?

Anyway, Wherez Mr.Vysar gone? Escapuuuuuu ! :huh:

Coming back to the topic, My most fav album of IR-Kamal , if I were to pick one , is Salangai Oli ! :P ... no words to describe this album(as many of theirs) ..... :clap: .... Though I don't rem watching the movie/songs ..... :(
What would be ur choice folks?

En vaya pudungadheenga Alien :lol:

Already there was a thread for the best MD for Kamal movies :lol:

However, my Kamal IR favourites are :

1. Ullasa paravaigal
2. Salangai oli
3. raja parvai
4. Enakkul oruvan
5. Ram lakshman

Ellam pazaya padam madhiri irukka Alien :D

True, my IR's best period is the 80s ..... not today's Virumandi :evil:

great
14th June 2006, 09:40 PM
There is one number in HEY RAM where kamal would have lent his voice the song / mantra its simply amazing. I would try to upload it or will find the link

its sanyaas mantra veena which would be playing continously thoroughout the song its simply superb :thumbsup:

from the sanyaas mantra.

priyametha
kalyanam 1000 kaalathu payir
payir endralae endrenum aruvadayum ondru

great
14th June 2006, 09:42 PM
Nakeera enna escape-a where is the reply to my post !!!!

charlie chaplin :roll:

Nakeeran
14th June 2006, 09:48 PM
Nakeera enna escape-a where is the reply to my post !!!!

charlie chaplin :roll:

Great Anne

You just see RAJU CHARACTER IN MMKR . The way he speaks ( forget the madras tamil accent ) the manner he moves his body ...... are all typical CC only & I have no doubt on that

Pl also see SAVAAL , its local Kamal once again following the touches of CC. Also watch Sattam en kayyil ( local KH again )

Thappillai Great. IMHO, Charlie is the greatest comedian / serious actor ever & if KH takes a leaf out of him NOTHING WRONG AT ALL

Nakeeran
14th June 2006, 09:52 PM
There is one number in HEY RAM where kamal would have lent his voice the song / mantra its simply amazing. I would try to upload it or will find the link

its sanyaas mantra veena which would be playing continously thoroughout the song its simply superb :thumbsup:

from the sanyaas mantra.

priyametha
kalyanam 1000 kaalathu payir
payir endralae endrenum aruvadayum ondru

Do you mean that BGM song during that Ram leela scene ?

great
14th June 2006, 10:11 PM
Regarding the inspirations > you have to watch those movies of Alpacino and try replacing that character if done by KH. You can very well imagine KH would emote the same way as him. I've noticed many of Alpacino's gestures and wondered 'Ada Kamal intha scenla ithae than panni irupaar'. Alpacino just fits into a character with ease and casualness as kamal does. even the body language of both matches perfectly.
But all the above observations fits only in some stylish characters. When it comes to virumaandi or some other culturally oriented character played by kamal he does it in his own style.

RS, thats ppl perception kamal is inspiring Alpacino/DeNiro but its not the case. They havent proved their versatality most of movies they would be mobsters .But its not the case with KH he has done almost (ALMOST) all kinda roll and those ppl havent done any comedies except for few movies King of comedy , meet the parents.... But KH rules in all the dept :thumbsup: be it acting or directing ... without watching these movies ppl are just shooting in the open sky that kamal is copying Alpacino :wink:

Nakeeran
14th June 2006, 10:20 PM
Great

Kamal said once :

FOR ROMANCE I AM INSPIRED FROM RISHI KAPOOR !

Added further that he is a big fan of Rishi kapoor

Shame shame . Of all the persons, Rishi kapoor ??

Vysar
14th June 2006, 11:11 PM
[quote=rajasaranam]

RS, thats ppl perception kamal is inspiring Alpacino/DeNiro but its not the case. They havent proved their versatality most of movies they would be mobsters .But its not the case with KH he has done almost (ALMOST) all kinda roll and those ppl havent done any comedies except for few movies King of comedy , meet the parents.... But KH rules in all the dept :thumbsup: be it acting or directing ... without watching these movies ppl are just shooting in the open sky that kamal is copying Alpacino :wink:

Al Pacino won his Oscar for Scent of a woman where his character is a blind retired army officer. He comes as a reporter in The Insider and he won Golden Globe and an Emmy for playing a dying gay patient in the TV mini-series Angels of America. So don't say Al is specialized in only mob type roles. If you do that shows your ignorance. I haven't watched Angels of America yet. I remember Kamal was talking about playing an AIDS patient some time ago. If he does then we know who he will be inspiring from.

btw. have you watched Niros' "Analyse This". Watch it and see how versatile his acting is. Don't be a frog in the well be a bird in the sky.

great
14th June 2006, 11:39 PM
Ignorance is bliss!!!

If you mentioned Deer Hunter/Raging bull / Taxi driver i would have been accepted his versatality but of all the movies of Niro you have said Analyse this and that :o thank god you havent mentioned anyother movie :oops:

Vysar
15th June 2006, 01:09 AM
Ignorance is bliss!!!

If you mentioned Deer Hunter/Raging bull / Taxi driver i would have been accepted his versatality but of all the movies of Niro you have said Analyse this and that :o thank god you havent mentioned anyother movie :oops:

You mentioned the main weakness of serious actor Robert DeNiro not able to play comedic roles so I mentioned about Analyse This! I know his better roles in Untouchable (villain) Casino, Goodfellas (mob) etc. I am not talking about what I know here but what Mr. kamalhassan copies from Al Pacino esp. in his serious roles.

Alien
15th June 2006, 07:29 AM
Sigh !!! There r ppl with their limited learning ability, come and spoil all the threads !! :banghead:
Hey, mr.Vysar did u read my earlier post directed to u ??? r u a rasini fan? whatz ur freaking problem here ??
U wanna criticize someone in a totally irrelevant thread, then u better be neutral and also accept the endowment, repertoire of that actor !!! ..
Nobody wants to listen, u belching ur unwarranted crap in an irrelevant thread .... !!
I am a huge fan of Pacino as well, but he doesn't have enuf roles to prove his versatility !! .... Noooooo way near Kamal Haasan !!! What role hasn't Kamal done ??? .... Read my previous post again & plz buzz off !!

tvsankar
15th June 2006, 09:22 AM
Film - Guru by Kamal and SRidevi

Songs are excelents

1. Perai chollava

2.Endhan kannil ezhulagangal
vaarai kanna vaa -- Kamal and sRidevi kagavae indha song enaku migavum pidikum.Beautiful picturisation !!

3.Naan vanangugiraen - IR in oru GEM !!!!!

4.Parandhalum vida maten - IR, SPB and SJ combo vil oru beautiful song !!!!

swathy
15th June 2006, 09:25 AM
Virumaandi
Punnagai Mannan
Unnal mudiyum thambi
Sivappu rojakkal
16 vayadhinile

very big list

rajasaranam
15th June 2006, 11:18 AM
Alien,

Have you watched 'DOg Day Afternoon' :? The movie starts as a comedy riot and moves on to be serious one in the end. AlPacino excells in every scene. the things which we perceive as a comical one will be equally serious from the perspective of the character. There are many subtle expressions which only Pacino could do. Or try watching 'Insomnia' where he plays a role of cop who is tormented by sleeplessnes due to geographical factors. He sure is a versatile actor who has been predominantly used in Gangster movies :cry: Same applies for De niro

rajasaranam
15th June 2006, 11:29 AM
Well too much of digression here :oops:

Relating to topic > I perfectly agree. They are made for each other and we can see it in the way both admire each other in various interviews. I can see KH face lighting up when he starts speaking about Raja and similarly Raja will be enthusiastic when telling something about Kamal. But they become Arch enemies in the issue of GOD and pull each others legs in a very subtle and gentle way. The only other Relationship I could think of is of Periyaar-Rajaji when considering this :)

Regarding the music Who else other than Kamal could bring out a inji Idupazhagi or Kanmani Anbodu or a MX from Raja :?: You should all listen to the talks between them during the composition of Guna its really a delight to listen to them :)

Alien
15th June 2006, 11:31 AM
Rajasaranam ,
I have seen them :thumbsup: ... Dog day afternoon is another of his most subtle performances :thumbsup: .... He acts only with his eyes !!. (On contrary Scarface, carlito's way,.... r his less subtle performances ...) ... Like I said before he is THE most poignant, poetic actor of alltime IMHO ! .... I have absolutely no doubts that he can excell in ANY roles !! But what I said was many of his roles were limited to those mobsters/cop .... :( ....

rajasaranam
15th June 2006, 11:55 AM
Rajasaranam ,
I have seen them :thumbsup: ... Dog day afternoon is another of his most subtle performances :thumbsup: .... He acts only with his eyes !!. (On contrary Scarface, carlito's way,.... r his less subtle performances ...) ... Like I said before he is THE most poignant, poetic actor of alltime IMHO ! .... I have absolutely no doubts that he can excell in ANY roles !! But what I said was many of his roles were limited to those mobsters/cop .... :( ....

Eyes :) I remember Reading an QA in Arasu badhilgal from Kumudham

Q: Entha nadigarudaya kangal arasukku pidikkum ?
A: Sandhegamillamal Kamal thaan Kadal pondra antha kangalukkul ethanai vithama bhaavangal
PS:not an exact word to word quote

Right now Iam convinced with the eyes of Dhanush after watching puthupettai. It expresses every possible emotion in the film. He has terrific eyes with which he can go a long way :thumbsup:
Incidentally I came upon this Chat Transcript of Dhanush
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14225643
where he adores Alpacino very much and says he is inspired by him :)
Dhanush's Fav. composer is Raja :)
hmmm Ithellam oru kodupinai pola Alpacino-Raja-KH fansukku ellam almost same kind of thought process irukkurathu :oops:

Vysar
15th June 2006, 03:49 PM
I am a huge fan of Pacino as well, but he doesn't have enuf roles to prove his versatility !! .... Noooooo way near Kamal Haasan !!! What role hasn't Kamal done ??? .... Read my previous post again & plz buzz off !!

Are you the moderator? I feel there is a relevance when this topic has Kamalhassan on it. I just want to prove a point that he is not genuine actor like Sivaji. People just hype him whle he copies others.

Don't fall in to Rajasaranam's attiude of when I try to express an opinion then automatically I become a fan of the opposition. Grow up kids! Try to be neutral.

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 03:54 PM

Are you the moderator? I feel there is a relevance when this topic has Kamalhassan on it. I just want to prove a point that he is not genuine actor like Sivaji. People just hype him whle he copies others.

Don't fall in to Rajasaranam's attiude of when I try to express an opinion then automatically I become a fan of the opposition. Grow up kids! Try to be neutral.

VYASAR

WHY DONT YOU STICK TO THE TOPIC :twisted: :twisted:

YOU MAY NOT LIKE KAMAL BUT DONT DISTURB THIS THREAD WHICH IS MEANT TO ADDRESS IR-KAMAL
8-)

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 03:57 PM
[quote="rajasaranamDhanush's Fav. composer is Raja :)
hmmm Ithellam oru kodupinai pola Alpacino-Raja-KH fansukku ellam almost same kind of thought process irukkurathu :oops:[/quote]

Oh ippa puriyudhu en unakku oru sudden Dhanush mela patru :wink:
Rajava yarukavadhu pidicha unakkum pidikkum :lol:
Nalla joke dhaan Rajasaranam :twisted:

Sanjeevi
15th June 2006, 03:59 PM

1. Ullasa paravaigal
2. Salangai oli
3. raja parvai
4. Enakkul oruvan
5. Ram lakshman

It does not mean Virumandi is bad.

Arambichutanya Arambichutan :lol:

rajasaranam
15th June 2006, 04:03 PM
Oh ippa puriyudhu en unakku oru sudden Dhanush mela patru :wink:
Rajava yarukavadhu pidicha unakkum pidikkum :lol:
Nalla joke dhaan Rajasaranam :twisted:

dig< :roll: Alpacino vukkum Raja thaan fav. Composeraa :P
Dhanush is the most promising actor as I view in near future... maybe Arya and Bharath could compete with him But as of now Dhanush is a clear winner with his pudhupettai :thumbsup: >end dig

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 04:04 PM

1. Ullasa paravaigal
2. Salangai oli
3. raja parvai
4. Enakkul oruvan
5. Ram lakshman

It does not mean Virumandi is bad.

Arambichutanya Arambichutan :lol:

Nee sandiyara kattindu azu :lol:

Viru virumandi virumandi

to me sounds like

kudu kudupandi :twisted:

Che enna tastuppa ungalukkellam :evil:

Vysar
15th June 2006, 06:47 PM
WHY DONT YOU STICK TO THE TOPIC :twisted: :twisted:

YOU MAY NOT LIKE KAMAL BUT DONT DISTURB THIS THREAD WHICH IS MEANT TO ADDRESS IR-KAMAL

8-)

ARE U THE MODERATOR? I KNOW MY LIMITS SO IF U DON'T LIKE WHAT I AM WRITING JUST IGNORE. :evil:

Dhanush is an natural born actor. I don't see an inspiration of anything or any one in what he plays. He never over played his character in Pudupettai. But Kamal copies Al Pacino and we are calling him Ulaga Nayagan.

His dream project Maruthanayagam is loosely based on "SANDOKAN" played by Kabir Bedi.

digression:
Does any one have the recording of the interview between Gavaskar and Kamalhassan that was broadcasted on DD with the title "Bharath 1983"? That interview was the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life.

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 07:01 PM
Vyasar

There is a thread now for your favourite topic - Kamal & Alpacino

Why dont you contribute there instead of throwing abuse here :lol:

Vysar
15th June 2006, 07:27 PM
Vyasar

There is a thread now for your favourite topic - Kamal & Alpacino

Why dont you contribute there instead of throwing abuse here :lol:

Sometimes truth hurts, Athu! Take things easy and chill out. It is very much relevent to post here than there.

Kamal copied villain role that Robert DeNiro played in Cape Fear for his villain role in Alavandaan.

great
15th June 2006, 08:18 PM
vyasar, come over to Kamals thread in TFM thread lets discuss there. I dont want to digress further.

Vysar
15th June 2006, 09:00 PM
vyasar, come over to Kamals thread in TFM thread lets discuss there. I dont want to digress further.
Are you trying to lure me in to Kamal fanatics so that they could rip me apart?

Sandokan=Maruthanayagam believe me!

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 09:09 PM
Vyasare

Neenga konjam kusumbana aasami pola :lol:

Vevaramana aal dhaan neenga :wink:

usaarayuteenga :wink:

Alien
15th June 2006, 09:09 PM
Are you trying to lure me in to Kamal fanatics so that they could rip me apart?

Sandokan=Maruthanayagam believe me!
Oh MAN !!! WHY R U HELL BENT ON THIS ????? What do u achieve by ruining this thread??
This thread is to only discuss about the music of IR , in IR-Kamal films !!!
Come to Tamil films section, v shall sort this out .... Kamal - Al pacino ...

NO MORE DIGRESSIONS WILL BE TOLERATED !!!!

RR
15th June 2006, 09:44 PM
Pls discuss only TFM here. For tamil movie related, go to the Tamil films forum.

All further digressions will be deleted!

Vysar
15th June 2006, 09:51 PM
OK coming back to the topic :lol:

Heyram is a milestone in Kamal's career for his excellent acting and direction skills. With IRs music in the mix elated every scene to international standard.

Alien
15th June 2006, 09:55 PM
Thanking RR for the prompt reply :notworthy:

Sippikkul muthu is another great gem from IR... I mite say my 2nd most favourite album from IR for Kamal .... !!! All great, delightful songs :D :P

Nakeeran
15th June 2006, 10:00 PM
Thanking RR for the prompt reply :notworthy:

Sippikkul muthu is another great gem from IR... I mite say my 2nd most favourite album from IR for Kamal .... !!! All great, delightful songs :D :P

Salangai oil parunga

Adhukku munaadi Raja parvai parunga

Rajaparvai especially the group violin performance at the start of the movie will be outstanding !

Alien
15th June 2006, 10:06 PM
Salangai oil parunga

Adhukku munaadi Raja parvai parunga

Rajaparvai especially the group violin performance at the start of the movie will be outstanding !
Oh! i never been able to find these 2 films, am dying to see them ...... Though I love all those songs from those 2 movies ... :D :P ...

Vysar
15th June 2006, 10:44 PM
Aburva Sagodarargal had great music from IR for Kamal's movie. AS was a do or die for Kamal then since his earlier movies were failing bad in BO. AS had good mix of trendy, folk, and pathos songs. Even the BGM was excellent with segmentation per character.

I watched it 5 times for the mere entertainment the movie brought to the screen.

Alien
15th June 2006, 11:20 PM

Heyram is a milestone in Kamal's career for his excellent acting and direction skills. With IRs music in the mix elated every scene to international standard.
:o Ithu nijammaavE neenga thaanaa ? :!:

Vysar
16th June 2006, 12:33 AM

:o Ithu nijammaavE neenga thaanaa ? :!:

I have my opinions but never stopped from appreciating real skills KH has.

Believe it is me, I tried to throw some light on KH inspirations from Alpacino thats all! If the moderator feel it is not appropriate here then I will try somewhere else to prove my point.

tvsankar
19th June 2006, 09:10 PM
Mickel Madhana Kama RAjan

Songs are excellent!!!

1.Peru vechalum vaikama ponalum
malli vasam - beautiful no.Picturisation will be interesting if you watch.

2. Sundhari neeyum - Nice...... melody...

3.Rumbum bum arambam

4.Sivarathiri

crvenky
20th June 2006, 10:16 AM
Usha madam, You left out the important song - Kadha kelu, kadha kelu. Superb music and story telling in the picturization.

tvsankar
20th June 2006, 01:49 PM
Dear Venky,
NInaivu paduthiyadharku Nanrigal !!! IR in oru different compostion -- Kadhai kelu kadhai kelu !!

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

venus05
20th June 2006, 08:31 PM
Whenever I hear the song Kadha kelu kadha kelu, it remainds me of Azhkana ponnu than athuketha kannu than. Is there any connection or resemblance?
Thnaks.

app_engine
20th June 2006, 08:50 PM
what about `Adippattam thEdichennel vedha pOttu'? (MMKR)

Renault
20th June 2006, 09:16 PM
btw, any idea whether this deadly comination is going to ROCK in Dasavathaaram?

buggle
20th June 2006, 10:29 PM
I doubt it..
Couple of reasons - KSR didnt had a succesful working partnership with IR (only movie they did together was Periya Kudumbam which bombed in BO)
Also KSR confirmed in his last interview that ARR is going to score the music for Dasavatharam

great
25th June 2006, 09:02 PM

Big NO ARR himself confirmed in one interview ,long time back, that he would be doing music for dasaavataram. Moreover KSR - IR combo is very remote .

great
25th June 2006, 09:02 PM

Big NO ARR himself confirmed in one interview ,long time back, that he would be doing music for dasaavataram. Moreover KSR - IR combo is very remote .

Renault
26th June 2006, 09:46 AM
but what I heard is that Dasavataaram will have five music directors?

rajdes
26th June 2006, 11:22 AM
app, what about it?

app_engine
26th June 2006, 08:03 PM
rajdes, nothing specific...just wanted to include the one number left out in the discussion:-)

app_engine
26th June 2006, 08:11 PM
I had the misery of watching `punnagai mannan' yesterday on video (after so many years from its release)...though I had seen some of the songs on TV channels (esp. vAn mEgham is one that I loved very much), this was the first time I watched the movie. I cannot believe someone who so tastefully picked up output from the maestro and had a couple of stalwarts (Kamal-Revathy) at his disposal could only make such a horrible set of visuals, even in the case of most songs:-(

Though the movie is intolerable otherwise, I expected at least all the songs / theme music to have some neat work on screen. Except vAn mEgham (impressive) and mAmAvukku kudumma kudumma (fast forward tactics, kind of OK) and an average singaLaththu, others were outrageously irritating:-((

rajasaranam
26th June 2006, 11:07 PM
The title song [ethetho ennam] and enna satham were also well picturised IMO especially 'koondalil noolaindha kaigal' scene was great :)

svaisn
27th June 2006, 03:57 AM
I had the misery of watching `punnagai mannan' yesterday on video (after so many years from its release)...though I had seen some of the songs on TV channels (esp. vAn mEgham is one that I loved very much), this was the first time I watched the movie. I cannot believe someone who so tastefully picked up output from the maestro and had a couple of stalwarts (Kamal-Revathy) at his disposal could only make such a horrible set of visuals, even in the case of most songs:-(

Though the movie is intolerable otherwise, I expected at least all the songs / theme music to have some neat work on screen. Except vAn mEgham (impressive) and mAmAvukku kudumma kudumma (fast forward tactics, kind of OK) and an average singaLaththu, others were outrageously irritating:-((
C'Mon...

Yethetho/.... what a picturisation.....
Enna satham intha neram was also good... How else can u picturize this song in such a situation......

Kalakalamaga vaazhum kaadhalukku.... That was a unique pic.,, with the viiolins...

I think PM was one of the best movies in which songs were presented well

app_engine
27th June 2006, 09:06 PM
svaisn, ungaLukku pidichirundhAl sari:-)

-EdhEdhO, such a beauty of a song was used to show titles? outrageous...I thought it had some decent poem...adhukku KB mAdhiri oru veteran situation kodukka mudiyalayA? Again what's so special about the screen shots for the title? I'm least impressed...

-enna saththam indha nEram - well, the picturisation, IMHO, is bland. I'm surprised that someone like rs appreciates the koondhal-kOlam visuals which will put pudhiya vAnam-pudhiya bhoomi of MGR into shame:-)) Anyways, this may be a case of expectation-too-much from my side. First of all, the total feel of the song is nightish (both music and SPB's singing) and to have it picturised in the brightest light possible takes away the feel and the spirit of the song...once the spirit's gone, it's dead and whatever cheap antics Kamal can come up with cannot revive it...

app_engine
27th June 2006, 09:24 PM
That KB has lost all aesthetic senses is very clear from the way he intro's the `kAlam kAlamAga vAzhum' song...what's the message he wants to convey by the bomb hoax? how does it contribute to the theme / storyline or anything? Why the sadistic pushing of all the disabled children out before showing the song on stage, adhukkum ivarOda kadhaikkum enna sambandham...bomb hoax paNNadheengappA'nnu preaching'A? After all these irritations, Kamal will yell and dance to an empty hall about love...see, there's an obvious disconnect of aesthetics...neither the song, not the music has any connection to the situation built-up...(that the dance visuals are another rambam is a different matter - violin'ai rambam mAdhiri aRuppAnga...) Kamal's dhAdi is another big irritation...yuck:-(

Sanjeevi
27th June 2006, 10:40 PM
That KB has lost all aesthetic senses is very clear from the way he intro's the `kAlam kAlamAga vAzhum' song...what's the message he wants to convey by the bomb hoax? how does it contribute to the theme / storyline or anything? Why the sadistic pushing of all the disabled children out before showing the song on stage, adhukkum ivarOda kadhaikkum enna sambandham...bomb hoax paNNadheengappA'nnu preaching'A? After all these irritations, Kamal will yell and dance to an empty hall about love...see, there's an obvious disconnect of aesthetics...neither the song, not the music has any connection to the situation built-up...(that the dance visuals are another rambam is a different matter - violin'ai rambam mAdhiri aRuppAnga...) Kamal's dhAdi is another big irritation...yuk:-(

exactly i feel the same :D

S.Balaji
27th June 2006, 11:52 PM
App & others

What was the reason for KB-IR split ?

What all I heard was that KB didnt picturise GURUVAYOORAPPA song in the way IR imagined which upset him I believe.

And what followed was series of misunderstandings & the consequent ending of relationship

Is it true ?

S.Balaji
27th June 2006, 11:58 PM
That KB has lost all aesthetic senses is very clear from the way he intro's the `kAlam kAlamAga vAzhum' song...what's the message he wants to convey by the bomb hoax? how does it contribute to the theme / storyline or anything? Why the sadistic pushing of all the disabled children out before showing the song on stage, adhukkum ivarOda kadhaikkum enna sambandham...bomb hoax paNNadheengappA'nnu preaching'A? After all these irritations, Kamal will yell and dance to an empty hall about love...see, there's an obvious disconnect of aesthetics...neither the song, not the music has any connection to the situation built-up...(that the dance visuals are another rambam is a different matter - violin'ai rambam mAdhiri aRuppAnga...) Kamal's dhAdi is another big irritation...yuck:-(

App dear

Nalla vela Saradhaji romba naala aala kanum. She would have given you a strong response to this :lol:

Me too feel that KB's imaginative skills went a step backward on IR's compositions.
IMO, BR & R.Sundararajn were the 2 guys who really visualized IR's music well :D

app_engine
28th June 2006, 01:23 AM
Balaji,
KB had a ton of great visuals, both IR and non-IR. Sindhu Bhairavi is a classic (`pAdaRiyEn' has probably one of the best visuals for a TFM song, an all-time wonder)...so are the songs of `unnAl mudiyum thambi' - neat.

Going by the standards of SB & UMT, I expected some decent story line and great visuals for PM, which arguably is one of the most innovative albums in TFM history. On screen, one of the worst sodhappals...Take for e.g. the love theme...even the thALam is not matched, the pace of the movement is simply ignored...and what kind of dance movements? Some pale mimicks of salangai oli movements...

Apart from story, dialog and costume, other worst performers of this movie are the oLippadhivu and nadanam...

app_engine
28th June 2006, 01:31 AM
The irritations of PM are multifold ...starting with the unnecessary Delhi Ganesh leelaigal, distracting chaplin mannerisms, anAvasiya Kamal-Srividhya kalyAnakkadhai etc...most irritable villain gumbal...great songs wasted on a cheap, boring commercial...marakkiLai, sattaikkuLLa pugunthukkichchAm, edukka mudiayaiyAm - uyir pizhaikkaradhai ivvaLavu cheappA, uNarchchiyE illAma c grade director kooda edukka mAttAr...

Even my great love for athirampaLLi-vAzhachchAl couldn't generate any enthu...adhaiyum thirumba, thirumba orE mAdhirikkAtti, oru pARaiyil ezhudhi vachchu thirumba thirumba poo pOttu poojai seidhu...totally unimaginative...(oru 8th grade paiyanukku handy cam koduththa idhai vida azhagA athirampaLLi visuals kidaikkum)...

Vysar
28th June 2006, 08:01 AM
There are two versions of PM one is edited version that was released in India and director's cut version that had all the censored scenes (courtesy: pirated video). When I watched the censored version in the theatre there were lot of jumps without continuity. But the directors cut had some flow in screenplay. Balachander tried his hand in the mainstream TF cinema and won because of IR. Same applies to Puthu Puthu Arthangal where IR played cameo role and also Balachander had IR images shown in many scenes. PPA became the last movie of IR BC collaboration.

raaja_rasigan
22nd September 2006, 05:59 PM
I think KB has some 4 type of stories:

1) Angry young group - varumaiyin niram sivappu, vaanamae ellai
2) Female bold character - aval oru thodarkathai, manadhil urudhi vendum
3) multiple angle love story - Most of his films have this starting from iru kodugal
4) some comedy

But I donno y he is rated as one of the best, may be for his dialogues :roll:

MusicIsLife
23rd September 2006, 12:36 AM
Raja_rasigan

Characterisation and how he handled the screen play, secondly he was the only one who get movies sold by his NAME rather than any popular actor/actress. He had some kind of message

Female bold character: Jaadi malli, sindhu bhairavi and all of his movies had some kind of boldness in his females.

why he is rated best: probably consistency. Have you seen Naan Avanillai? a very good movie.. it is sometimes a person has to keep pace with the times, and some mistakes might be committed here and there, but we cannot take that against them especially KB.

Coming back to Punnagai Mannan, KB tried give the Srilankan refugee and other problems feel into the movie, except that he could not or was not able to deliver the needful coz of various reasons during that time (including Censors, the last scene where Kamal and Revathi die was changed for no reason). His attempt was genuine and stylish if you would consider based on the timing of the movie.

Kanna
23rd September 2006, 01:41 PM
Let's please stick to the topic of KH-IR combo. Idhula KB picturization patilam paesavaendamae..

MusicIsLife
24th September 2006, 10:09 PM
kanna,
apologize, just try to answer the question previously asked.

tmrrmt
25th September 2006, 09:44 PM
the most romantic, novel, deliciously picturised songs IMHO, 'valai osai' - SATHYA and 'andhi mazhai' - RAJA PARVAI!

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 10:08 AM
the most romantic, novel, deliciously picturised songs IMHO, 'valai osai' - SATHYA and 'andhi mazhai' - RAJA PARVAI!

the best lip kiss is from valai osai !

the flute music on the backgraound is awesome

kameshratnam
26th September 2006, 05:12 PM
Two best BGMS of IR are for Kamal.

One when surya is dead in nayagan ..the male chorus which plays in the background and the one when his father dies in Thevar magan..

Out of the world..top class scores

nilavupriyan
26th September 2006, 05:38 PM
Two best BGMS of IR are for Kamal.

One when surya is dead in nayagan ..the male chorus which plays in the background and the one when his father dies in Thevar magan..

Out of the world..top class scores

both are very similar i guess :roll:

raaja_rasigan
26th September 2006, 09:07 PM
I think sikappu rojakkal BGM will a treat to hear.