PDA

View Full Version : How do you translate this stuff into Tamil?

Bipolar
6th June 2006, 09:35 PM
How do you translate the following sentence into Tamil:

"We must not judge others."

Also, are there any Tamil equivalents for the following words: "gravity"; "energy"; "force"; "acceleration"; "evolution"; "theory of relativity"; "psychology"; "neuroscience"; "quantum physics", etc.?

Can anyone try translating Newton's three laws of motion into Tamil?

Regards.

NOV
7th June 2006, 06:31 AM
"We must not judge others."matravargalai patri endha mudivum edukku koodaadhu?

Braandan
7th June 2006, 07:42 AM
Neuroscience - Narambiyal
Psychology - Mana Saasthiram
Gravity and evolution has terms, but I do not remember now!

Justice
7th June 2006, 09:23 AM
gravity- puviyeerpu (புவியீர்ப்பு)
energy- sakthi (சக்தி)
acceleration- aarmuRugal (ஆர்முறுகல்?)
force- visai (விசை)
evolution- pariNaama vaLarchi (பரிணாம வளர்ச்சி?)

RR
7th June 2006, 10:02 AM
judging - theermaNiththal (தீர்மாணித்தல்)
energy - aaRRal (ஆற்றல்) . sakthi is more popularly used for 'power', I think.
psychology - manaviyal (மனவியல்)
force - visai (விசை)?

Badri
7th June 2006, 10:44 AM
in the context-la judging-ku edai poduthal engira artham suit aagum

Oruvarayum thavaraaga edai podathey!

In fact this got me thinking! Not being judgemental is such a big concept in the Western world, but in India, it is obviously not such a big thing! We dont even have a ready term for it!

madhu
7th June 2006, 11:55 AM
RR : psychology-kku uLaviyal enbadha manaviyal enbadha ?

Bipolar
7th June 2006, 03:17 PM
Badri,

"Not being judgemental is such a big concept in the Western world, but in India, it is obviously not such a big thing! We dont even have a ready term for it!"

Exactly, that's the point I wanted to make!

But, we Indians have a tendency to be very judgemental of other cultures, e.g. in some cultures, pre-marital romantic relationships are perfectly accepable, whereas in Tamil society, that would be considered to be unacceptable (at least that's the majority view), and many Tamil people would consider it to be "immoral". I feel that we shouldn't be so judgemental. In that context, is it appropriate to use the words "edai podaathey"? I mean, if I wanted to write an essay on changes I would like to see in Tamil society, would it be okay to put it like that? Would that convey the meaning?

Also, my reason for asking for Tamil words for those scientific terms: again, for similar reasons: I wanted to get people thinking about how to translate scientific theories and concepts into Tamil - to make the ideas more accessible to students/public in Tamil Nadu. I feel that there are many students in Tamil Nadu who have the potential to do well in science, but I think they lack access to scientific knowledge, most of which is not available in Tamil (it is always best to study science and mathematics in your first language; for me, although I'm Tamil by birth, my first language is really English, because I've lived most of my life outside of Tamil Nadu, and I've benefitted immensely from English-language resources available to me; I very well appreciate the importance of language in learning, and I'd like people all over the world, regardless of language/culture/nationality to benefit similarly; being Tamil myself, I just thought this would be a good place to start).

Most of you guys here must have heard of wikipedia (if not, check it out: en.wikipedia.org ta.wikipedia.org). I think that the Wikipedia concept is one of the best ideas anyone ever had (Thanks, Jimmy Wales! You're a genius!)!

I think those of you here who can speak/read/write both English and Tamil should make an effort to translate science-related and mathematics-related articles into Tamil on Wikipedia. I've contributed to the English-language Wikipedia myself, but I can't type in Tamil, so I'm suggesting the idea to you guys, in the hope that someone will make an effort. Of course, if not Tamil, at least make an effort to contribute to any other version (English-language or other) of Wikipedia as you can.

Regards.

Raikkonen
7th June 2006, 08:33 PM
We must not judge others

Alaam parthu kaalai vidathe

Braandan
8th June 2006, 07:41 AM
Bipolar,
In TN StateBoard syllabus, the TN Textbook society (tamizhnaadu paada nool niruvanam) brings out Tamil books for all the subjects for Tamil medium also. Most of these textbooks have the translation of physics,chemistry, biology terms in Tamil. Still the Tamil medium students score less in these subjects than the Eng medium ones. So translation or learning in your mother tongue is not the issue!

Shakthiprabha.
15th June 2006, 08:32 AM
raikkoken.

thats

aazham parthu kaalai vidu

(vidathE illai :D)

Sanguine Sridhar
15th June 2006, 11:26 AM
Bipolar,
In TN StateBoard syllabus, the TN Textbook society (tamizhnaadu paada nool niruvanam) brings out Tamil books for all the subjects for Tamil medium also. Most of these textbooks have the translation of physics,chemistry, biology terms in Tamil. Still the Tamil medium students score less in these subjects than the Eng medium ones. So translation or learning in your mother tongue is not the issue!

You cant say it is not an issue..It wont be an issue for a bright tamil medium student but in other way say the student is not that bright then ofcourse it is an issue, if he studies any professional course in the future!

Bipolar
15th June 2006, 03:33 PM
The reason students of English medium schools do better than students of Tamil medium schools could be that English medium schools have better teaching. If I'm not mistaken, most of the English medium schools in Tamil Nadu are privately funded - so, they can employ better teachers than Government schools, which are not very well funded. Also, in general, most students from upper economic classes go to English medium schools - their parents are probably educated too, so they are better guided by their parents than students at Government schools.

Of course, language is not the only problem - I agree with that, but it is one of the problems - there are other things to be considered too, but language, I feel, is an important matter.

Let me make one thing clear: I have no political motives. I'm not a pro-Tamil idealist. I don't consider Tamil to be superior to any other language. My only wish is to try to make some suggestions to be of help to students who don't speak English. I am not trying to suggest that all students should learn only in Tamil. That would not be a good thing. I feel that if possible - IF POSSIBLE - all students should learn both English and Tamil. The more languages you can speak, the better. But if that is not possible, then at least, important concepts should be taught to students in the language that they understand well. Education is not just about passing exams. It is about knowledge - understanding important concepts. I studied in an English-language school in India. I remember when we were taught Newton's three laws of motion, most of the students knew it by heart. But not many students actually fully understood the importance of it. Newton's laws of motion are important scientific concepts. There are many other very important concepts too - evolution, quantum physics, relativity, calculus, etc... If students don't fully understand these things, they will not be able to apply these concepts properly in the fields of biological or engineering research - there won't be much scientific progress.

That's why I'd like to see someone trying to explain Newton's laws in Tamil (and then I'd like to see someone trying to translate Einstein's and Darwin's theories)... Anyone want to try?

I copied the following from the English language version of Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_laws_of_motion

First law: Objects in motion tend to stay in motion, and objects at rest tend to stay at rest unless an outside force acts upon them.

Second law: The net force on an object is equal to the product of its mass and its acceleration.

Third law: To every action (force applied) there is an equal and opposite reaction (equal force applied in the opposite direction).

Braandan
16th June 2006, 02:48 PM
Whatever we do to bring our languages in subject stream, still people in India will stick to English atleast for Science and Tech studies.
Many years ago I was working for Govt of India undertaking in NewDelhi. As such govt establishments do every year, they also had a "Hindi week",once, where all employees, especially those hailing form South India are herded for a meeting to emphasize Hindi to be used for all purposes officially. So the next day, I filled out an Accounts form purely using Hindi numerals and using the dates in the Saka Era calendar (govt of india's official calendar). When it went to the Acct section, the clerk (North Indian) came to me "Saab ye kyaa hai", blinking at the Hindi numerals and dates. I promptly took him to the head of accounts and to the "Hindi officer" (all govt dept have a useless guy on this job) and made a hue and cry with the higher management. "Practice what you preach, being North Indians you yourself do not know to read Hindi numerals or to know the Saka dates, why waste samosas on Hindi week".

This is the case everywhere. All the newtons laws listed by you are in 7th class "paadanool" in Tamil!

atomhouse
3rd July 2006, 10:46 AM
I've seen tamil medium students struggle to read & write science in tamil.This is b'coz they are less exposed to tamil elsewhere.Many of them don't know what is tamil for 'bucket'.What I mean is we use many english words even for simple things.The students tend to memorize even the tamil terms .They dont bother to find the root of the sci-terms & try to understand it.And writing in tamil the most difficult part for them, b'coz they are not taught tamil properly.So, the solution could be to encourage them to read many tamil story books so that they get exposed to more tamil words & really appreciate it.

You see tamil remains a languauge of the 'learned', even now.

tfmlover
14th July 2006, 04:20 AM
correct me if i am wrong pls
i thought theermaanithal means - deciding conclusively
judging usualy mentioned as- edai pOduthal ( e: thappaaka edai Potaan )

sivagaandhan
8th August 2006, 07:10 PM
[tscii:f986bc6410]ZIRCOMIUM - வன்தங்கம் - van-thangam - "hard gold" -
CHLORINE - பாசிகை - origin from moss (paasi) - paasigai
COBALT - மென்வெள்ளி - men veLLi - "soft silver" -
NICKEL - வன்வெள்ளி - van veLLi - "hard silver" -
NITROGEN - இலவணவாயு, ருசரகம் - ilavaNavaayu or rusaragam
HYDROGEN – நீரியம், நீரசம் - neeriyam, neerasam (from water - neer)
POTASSIUM - தீமுறி – theemuri – from fire (thee)
SILICON - மண்ணியம் - maNNiyam - from sand (maN)
SODIUM - உவர்மம் – uvarmam (uvarppu – saltiness)
RADIUM - கருகன் - karugan – turns black immediately after being cut after exposure to air
TUNGSTEN - மெல்லிழையம் - mellizhaiyam -property of making thin filaments - mellizhai -
URANIUM - அடரியம் - adariam – from adarthi - density (densest metal)
BROMINE – நெடியம் – nediam – nedi = punjent odour
CADMIUM – நீலீயம் – neeleeyam – blue lead
Tantalum – இஞ்சாயம் - injaayam
XENON – அணுகன் - aNugan
FLUORINE – வினைவியம் - vinaiviyam - vinai = chemical reaction - Fl is highly reactive
MAGNESIUM – வல்லகுவம் – vallaguvam – valu + lagu = strong + light
LITHIUM – மென்னியம் - Mennium – menmai – soft
Thorium – இடியம் – idiam – idi = thunder = thor
Iodine நைலம் - nailam
Platinum வெண்தங்கம் – ven thangam – lighter shade of gold
Argon – இலியன் – iliyan – from seyal ili (inactive)
GALLIUM – மென்தங்கம் – men thangam – soft gold (liquid is vast temperature range, gold colour)
ALUMINIUM – அளமியம் – alamiyam – from aLam = salt pan
Rubidium – அர்மிமம் – armimam
Rhodium – அரத்தியம் – arathiyam – rose
Dysprosium – அரியம் – ariyam – (rareness)

Anthanum – அருங்கனியம் – arunganiyam (rareness)
Neodymium – இரட்டியம் - irattiyam
Antimony கருநிமிளை, அஞ்சனம்
HELIUM – எல்லியம் -
Iridium – உறுதியம் – uRudhiyam – uRudhi = toughness
Sulphur கந்தகம் - kandhagam
Calcium - சுண்ணம் – chuNNam – from chuNNaambu - limestone
Iron இரும்பு
Copper தாமிரம், செம்பு, செப்பு – thaamiram, chembu, cheppu – all three are ancient names for Copper
Zinc துத்தநாகம் – thuthunaagam
Arsenic பிறாக்காண்டம் - piRakkaaNDam
Bismuth அம்பரை, நிமிளை, மதுர்ச்சி – ambarai, nimiLai, madhurchchi
MERCURY – பாதரசம், இதரம் - paadharasam, idharam
Lawrencium – இலாரன்சியம் – ilaaransiyam (by Name)
Ruthenium – உருத்தீனியம் – uruththeenam (name of Lake)
Illinium – இல்லினியம் – illiniyam (Illinois)
Ytterbium – இத்தெர்பியம்
Rhenium – இரினியம் – iriniyam (Name of Lake)

RADON - ஆரகன் : aaragan (aaram = radius)

TITANIUM – வெண்வெள்ளி - venveLLi (light silver)

Plutonium – அயலாம் – ayalaam (far away—in periodic table)

Potassium – மெழுகியம் – mezhugiyam (mezhugu —wax; wax-like appearance)
[/tscii:f986bc6410]

sivagaandhan
8th August 2006, 07:11 PM
TAMIL NAMES OF CHEMICAL ELEMENTS

temporary sori-Observer
9th August 2006, 02:43 AM
[tscii:2a6d55731f]RADON - ஆரகன் : aaragan (aaram = radius)[/tscii:2a6d55731f]
Sivagaandhi,

The name Radon is because of its radioactivity, and it is created from Radium.
Rad, radius, aaram, aaragam ippadi ellaam konjam uNarchchi vasap pattutteengalE!

sivagaandhan
14th August 2006, 11:15 AM
அன்புள்ள அய்யா அவர்ளே,

RADON - ஆரகன் : aaragan (aaram = radius)

இப்பெயரை அவ்வாறு நான் சூட்டவில்லை. இணையத்தில் அவ்வாறு புழக்கத்தில் காணலாம்.

நன்றி.
http://geocities.com/tamildictionary

sivagaandhan
14th August 2006, 12:43 PM
Fabricious தமிழ் அகராதி படி "ஆரகன்" என்றால் "அழிப்பவன்"; கதிரியக்கத் தனிமம் "Radon"ற்கு ஏற்றது
http://dsal.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/romadict.pl?table=fabricius&page=34&display=utf8

Braandan
16th August 2006, 04:49 PM
somebody give me the Tamil names of

Apple, Dinosour, Orange.

kannannn
16th August 2006, 05:44 PM
somebody give me the Tamil names of

Apple, Dinosour, Orange.

Apple - Thuppuvappazham, if my memory serves me right.

Dinosaur - ???

Orange - I remember reading that Orange itself is derived from tamil: Narang. Not sure though.

alwarpet_andavan
16th August 2006, 06:03 PM
What's the thamizh word, if any for 'digital'?

kannannn
16th August 2006, 06:34 PM
A_A, your query got me searching and here it is:
digit is 'lakkam' in tamil and hence digital is 'lakkamurai'. Here is the pdf version of the Anna University English-Tamil dictionary of computing terms:
http://www.geocities.com/vanbu/pdfdoc/tamdict.pdf

alwarpet_andavan
16th August 2006, 08:38 PM
A_A, your query got me searching and here it is:
digit is 'lakkam' in tamil and hence digital is 'lakkamurai'. Here is the pdf version of the Anna University English-Tamil dictionary of computing terms:
http://www.geocities.com/vanbu/pdfdoc/tamdict.pdf
Aaha! Arumaya sorkkal. aazhndha karuthukkal. Enn Ayyappaattai theerthuvaithadharkku nandri :)

sivagaandhan
18th August 2006, 10:32 AM
APPLE = SEEMAIYILANDHAI (சீமையிலந்தை)
ORANGE = thodappazham (தோடாப்பழம்)

sivagaandhan
18th August 2006, 10:34 AM
ORANGE = (ALSO SAATHUKKODI சாத்துக்கொடி)

Sanguine Sridhar
18th August 2006, 10:48 AM
Hi Siva,

Seemaielandhai is name for large size elandhapazham :? ..

sivagaandhan
18th August 2006, 05:26 PM
அன்புள்ள ஸ்ரீதர் அவர்களே

இச்சொல் கொலொன் பல்கலை அகராதியிலிருந்து எடுக்கப்பட்டது.
(எண் 17)

Cologne Online Tamil Lexicon: Search Results
1 an2Aci * pine-apple, ananas sativus
2 an2n2Aci * pine-apple, native of mexico and panama, ananas sativus
3 an2n2atAzai * pine-apple
4 AttA 02 1. bullock's heart; 2. custard apple
5 ayikam thorn-apple -> Umattai
6 cagkam 03 1. conchshell, an instrument of sound; 2. bracelet; 3. forehead; 4. adam's apple; 5. hundred billions or one hundred thousand crores; 6. a large army consisting of 2187 chariots, 2187 elephants, 6561 horses, 10, 935 infantry
7 camAtu 01 1. thorn apple.; 2. purple stramony
8 cAmpavam rose apple (TLS)
9 cAmpavi 02 1. clove-leaved black plum, l. tr. engenia caryophyllifolia ; 2. East Indian rose-apple
10 campumalAkkA malay apple s. tr., eugenia malacce3nsis
11 campunAval 1. rose-apple m. tr., eugenia jambos
12 centAzampazam pine-apple fruit (TLS)
13 cERu 01 1. mud, mire, slush, loam; 2. liquid of thick consistency, as sandal paste; 3. kernel, as of a coconut; 4. wood-apple; 5. pus; 6. temple festival
14 cigkamuki thorn-apple
15 cIkam carambola apple tree
16 cilagkam bark of the wood-apple
17 cImaiyilantampazam apple, pyrus malus <----------
18 cImaiyUmattai white-flowered thorn-apple
19 cin2n2appAkal balsam apple, climber, momordica charantia
20 ciriTTam the bark of the wood-apple tree
21 ciRiTTam bark of the wood-apple
22 cIttA custard apple, s. tr., anona squamosa
23 cukappiriyai rose apple (TLS)
24 cuppiyam 1. round berried cuspidate-leaved lingam tree; 2. wood apple.; 3. rue.; 4. bark of wood apple, rue, and lingam tree
25 curapipattirai malay apple
26 cuvEtakam wood-apple fruit
27 EmanAkam thorn-apple (TLS)
28 ilakam * thorn apple
29 ilampili munro's wax rose apple, s. tr., engenia munronii
30 jampunAval rose-apple
31 kacamAtu thorn-apple
32 kan2aki thorn-apple, l.sh., Datura stramonium
33 kan2ali 1. spurge; 2. apple baldder-nut (TLS)
34 kaNmaNi 1. apple of the eye; 2. rudra1ks2a bead
35 kaNNATTi she who is regarded with the greatest affectio, woman greatly beloved a term of endearment; lit apple of the eye
36 kapittam 01 1. wood-apple; 2. a gesture with one hand in which the tips of the thumb and the forefinger are closely joined while the other three finger are held loose, one of 33 in2aiya1-vin6ai-k-kai , q.v.
37 karapavallapam wood-apple tree (TLS)
38 kArpAlai east Indian star-apple (TLS)
39 karumaNi the apple of the eye
40 karuntuvarai 1. angola pea; 2. blackwod; 3. bourdillon's apple fruited ebony l. tr., angelonia salicariafoli ; 4. south indian pine, l. tr., podocarpus latifolia.
41 karuviLA 1. wood apple; 2. beal
42 karuvizi apple of the eye
43 kaTaiccittAzai pine-apple
44 kATTiluppai east Indian star apple, l. tr., chrysophyllum roxburghil (TLS)
45 kATTuccAmpal Munro's wax rose apple, s. tr., eugenia munronii
46 kaTucittAzai pine-apple
47 kavittam 01 1. wood apple; 2. hand with tightly closed fingers, fist; 3. a pose of the hand in gesticulation to represent an action of a hermaphrodite
48 kazuttumuTiccu adam's apple projection formed by the thyroid cartilage in the neck
49 killam 1. neck; 2. the hollow just below adam's apple
50 kin2ai 1. cover to prevent evaporation during calcination; 2 sooe apple

kannannn
18th August 2006, 07:38 PM
APPLE = SEEMAIYILANDHAI (சீமையிலந்தை)
ORANGE = thodappazham (தோடாப்பழம்)
Hmm.. the word I remember for apple is from a tamil dictionary at the Devaneya Pavanar library in Chennai, the place I used to visit as a kid. Maybe I am wrong. Doens't Seemaiyilandhai sound a bit contrived though?

Sanguine Sridhar
19th August 2006, 09:33 AM
Okay thanks Siva! What about carrot,beetroot?

Carrot- Sigappu Mullangi? :roll:

tfmlover
20th August 2006, 07:13 AM
my tamil teacher tells
orange is thOdampazham
and wood apple is vizhaampazham

sivagaandhan
20th August 2006, 09:41 PM
seemaiyilandhai "apple" sattru vidhyaasam uLLadhu ena naanum keLvi paTTen..
kannan avargaLe...NeengaL "Devaneya Pavanar " agaraathiyil "apple" thamizh chollai thandhaal magirzhi.

ceylon agaraath padi thodaapazham "orange"kkaana mazhiyaakkam.

Carrot - manjaL muLLangi -"yellow radish"
Beetroot -sarkkarai kizhangu
Cauliflower - pookosu (idhu kannadathillum hookosu enbaargaL

Siva

Bipolar
17th October 2006, 01:21 AM
How do you translate this: "For some, the sky's the limit... For him, it was just the beginning..."?

temporary sori-Observer
17th October 2006, 02:28 AM
[tscii:c39a8b7111]¨ΐ§ΐ‘ΔΙ‘χ,

Ε‘Ι§Α ±ψ¨Δ ±ύΐχ Ί’Δχ. ¬Ι‘ψ «ΕΫμ§Έ‘ «Π ¦ΕΪυ ¦Ύ‘ΌμΈ§Α.[/tscii:c39a8b7111]

Bipolar
19th October 2006, 07:23 PM
Can you please post in English or any other font? I am unable to view this properly.

Regards,
Bipolar.

jaiganes
23rd October 2006, 02:47 PM
How do you translate this: "For some, the sky's the limit... For him, it was just the beginning..."?

Silarukku Vaanamae Ellai. Aanaal Avanukko adhu verum thodakkam dhaan.

It can also be translated as.
Silarin ellai vaanil mudiyum. Avan thuvanguvadhae vinnil irundhu dhaan.

NOV
31st October 2006, 01:18 PM
:clap:

http://www.google.com/intl/ta/

sivagaandhan
31st October 2006, 05:36 PM
சீமையிலந்தை என்பது பெரிய வகை இலந்தை என்பது சரிதான். Uni-koln/Madras-Lexiconஇல் சீமையிலந்தையின் ஆங்கில மொழியாக்கம் சற்று தவறாக apple என்பது கொடுக்கப்பட்டது.

appleக்கு ஆப்பழம் என்கிற சொல் சற்று புழக்கத்தில் உள்ளது.
காண்க geocities.com/tamildictionary

Bipolar
27th June 2010, 01:29 AM
How do you translate this: "Please don't take it personally..."

app_engine
27th June 2010, 06:38 AM
Bipolar,
தயவு செய்து தவறாக எடுத்துக்கொள்ள வேண்டாம்

(அல்லது)

தயவு செய்து உங்களை சொல்வதாக எடுத்துக்கொள்ள வேண்டாம்

Either of these can be used as per the circumstances :-)

Bipolar
27th June 2010, 01:42 PM
Thanks app_engine!

Bipolar
30th July 2013, 03:49 AM
How do you translate this: "The secret of success is obsession"...

NOV
30th July 2013, 07:08 AM
aavesam kooda vetriyin ragasiyam?

Bipolar
31st July 2013, 12:40 AM
I thought "aavesam" meant something like "rage", "anger", or "fury", rather than "obsession"? Correct me if I'm wrong?

pavalamani pragasam
31st July 2013, 07:09 AM
obsession=தீவிரமான நினைப்பு/முனைப்பு/கவனம்?

pavalamani pragasam
31st July 2013, 07:17 AM
கொள்கைப் பிடிவாதம் is more apt!

NOV
31st July 2013, 07:46 AM
obsession can be good or bad
I dont think there is a direct translation for the word.
The ultimate choice of corresponding tamil word would depend on the usage.

Bipolar
29th December 2013, 01:14 AM

"A woman may fall in love with a rogue or a scoundrel, but no woman can fall in love with a coward, however kind-hearted he may be" - is it possible to translate that into a Tamil "punch dialogue"?

geno
29th December 2013, 01:54 AM
. "A woman may fall in love with a rogue or a scoundrel, but no woman can fall in love with a coward, however kind-hearted he may be" - is it possible to translate that into a Tamil "punch dialogue"? .

"கோழைக்கு வாழ்க்கைப் பட்டால் வாழ்க்கை என்னாகும்
உன் வாளுக்கு வாழ்க்கைப் பட்டால் வாழ்வே பொன்னாகும்"

கோடம்பாக்க கவிராயர் சொன்னது!

Bipolar
10th April 2014, 10:56 PM

How do you translate this into Tamil:

"If you want to be really good at something, you've got to really enjoy it. If you want to really enjoy something, you've got to be really good at it."

Consider it e.g. as a "film/cine" dialogue, e.g. for a scene where a team coach is trying to motivate/encourage a player who has talent but low confidence. So it has to be like a "punch" dialogue - how would you translate it?

skanthan
13th June 2014, 02:34 AM
How about these:

Open mouth, insert foot.

Loose lips sink ships.

There are mistakes, and there are big mistakes.