PDA

View Full Version : Ramani chandran's latest novel

shanthi_a
9th May 2006, 12:49 PM
Hi,
There is a new Ramani chandran thodar kathai 'Vennilavu Suduvathenna' in Aval vikatan. This topic is for discussing about this new novel from Ramanichandran.

After reading the first 3 chapters of the story, I think the story is going on interestingly (though it's a bit on predictable lines :)), So what do you people think?
<hr>

* Vennilavi suduvathenna - Full text (http://amuthas.8m.net/photo2_1.html)
* Many Ramani chandran books:
Ullam Marakudilai Unnai
Venilavu Suduvathena
Ondru Serntha Anpu Maruma
En Sinthai Mayankuthadi
Kana Malai Nee Enaku
Pasa Malar Thotam
Venmayil Ethanai Nirankal
Thodukodukal
Thannir Thanal Pol Therioum
Madumadhi
Uyril Kalantha Urave
Thooya Sudar Vanolieya
Banumadhi
Thanthuvittane Ennai
Unmayai Thavira Veruillai
Vaani
Enakkakave Nee
Unnak Nan Santhiththane
Allaku Mayil Addum
Pon Manai Theedi
Roja Mull

full texts! (http://amuthas.8m.net/photo2_1.html)

Arthi
9th May 2006, 01:05 PM
Can you update that story here? :)

shanthi_a
10th May 2006, 09:38 AM
Hi Arthi,
I am not good in narrating stories, but let me give a try :)

Our heroine Sudhakari is living with her daughter and periyappa. She is a self employed person who is beautiful, strict & honest (as all other Ramani chandran's heroines). She buys fresh vegetables from different markets and then pack them and deliver them directly to homes. Because of her honesty her business is going on ok.
Once in a (very famous and big) shop she meets the hero (hope so :) he is yet to be formally introduced). He tries to help her in paying her bill but she gives him a 'nose cut' as she thinks he is trying to help her because she is a young woman.

Sudhakari's daughter Pavithra has now got a new school friend, Anu. Anu is taken care by her gramdmother (her father's distant relative) and her father who is a businessman. He is always busy with his work. Anu's gramdma does not show required concern and interest in Anu's well being and Anu is usually given Bread & Jam for food. So Pavithra starts taking additional lunch for Anu also with her Mom's permission (Sudhakari shows little bit of resistance in the beginning).
One day when Sudhakari goes to school to bring her daughter back home she meets her friend Anu. For some unknown / strange reason she gets bonded with the little girl.

Pavithra request her mom to take Anu also to their home so that they can play together for some more time. Feeling pity for Anu, Sudhakari accepts her idea. She goes to Anu's home, gets permission from her grandma and there during her conversation with Anu's grandma, she finds that the lady does not have any interest in Anu's welfare and hence starts disliking her.
Sudhakari takes Anu to her home. Pavithra and Anu enjoy playing together and this becomes a routine.
One daya Anu says that her father is going out of station for some business work that weekend and hence she wants to spend more time with Pavithra and Sudhakari during weekend too. Also she says that her grandma does not cook anything when her father is away. So feeling pity for her, Sudhakari again goes to Anu's home and talks to her grandma for getting permission. Anu's grandma accepts it but warns her that Anu should come back home before night i.e. before her father returns home. Sudhakari accepts it and takes Anu to her home.
Though Sudhakari has not met Anu's father, she has started disliking him for not taking care of his daughter properly.
The door bell rings when Sudhakari is packing the vegetables and the girls are playing. Sudhakari goes and opens the door. There is none other the same man she met in the textile shop (I guess the hero). He says, "I believe now you feel sorry for not accepting my help that day" in a very rude manner :)

That's what has happenned so far :) :)

Arthi
10th May 2006, 10:25 AM
Thanks shanthi for ur updates. :)

Arthi
10th May 2006, 10:30 AM
This story is also same like her other stories... but still I like Ramanichandran's writings. we can easily predict her stories. But here in thsi story the Heroine is already married??? :roll:

Letz see how doeas it go? I don't get any tamizh magazines at my place. I will try to get it, so that we can share our views.

If you have no problem in updating here with the conversation b/w hero & Herione :oops: most of the time they fight :lol: but nice to read... That wld be a help for me. I like RC's stories.

Anoushka
10th May 2006, 03:20 PM
Am reading it regularly, I guess it is getting predictable :)

Arthi
10th May 2006, 10:19 PM
Hi Anou...
Can you update here...
BTW do u like RC's story? :)

Anoushka
11th May 2006, 06:46 PM
Arthi: Nowhere so far has it been mentioned that the heroine is married, she has a child that is all... maybe the child was born out of wedlock or maybe the child itself is not her child.....

I will try and update the next week but I am not good at story telling :)

rachel
12th May 2006, 06:35 AM
Arthi: Nowhere so far has it been mentioned that the heroine is married, she has a child that is all... maybe the child was born out of wedlock or maybe the child itself is not her child.....

I will try and update the next week but I am not good at story telling :)

the child's father could be the hero... :P

i love her stories...the only tamil writer who i adore so much..
i think i must have read atleast 25 rc's stories so far...

but now i couldn't get them here :( ...my school friends were also her fans we were so crazy about her books at that time..we used to share her books within our class so often..

when i start to read her story i completely forget the world around me.. :P :) .

yeah..i love her hero -heroine fights..so romantic.. :P

it's like reading mills and boon with tamil touch... :P :P :P

Arthi
12th May 2006, 09:42 AM
Hi Rachel... even am also a fervent fan of RC. But we can predict her story easily still I like her writings. Me and my mom used to read together... I read fast and cann't wait for my mom and turn page fast & irritate my mom :P

Arthi
12th May 2006, 09:46 AM
Shanti & Anou If u ppl have time plz update here... let me also get the pleasure of reading RC's story :)

Anou: Enga enga veetu pakkathula oru kadai erukku.. but eppa poi Tamizh book -kettalum vithu poyidhuchu ma nuthan solluvaar :cry:
Btw do u get avaL vikatan in Dublin? ;)

rachel
12th May 2006, 01:14 PM
Hi Rachel... even am also a fervent fan of RC. But we can predict her story easily still I like her writings. Me and my mom used to read together... I read fast and cann't wait for my mom and turn page fast & irritate my mom :P

:shock: :shock: :banghead:

if you read these kind of books with mum or anybody you won't get the good feeling... :roll:

shanthi_a
12th May 2006, 01:54 PM
Anoushka & Rachel, welcome aboard :)

Sorry I was not able to post messages because of login problems :( Looks like everything is sorted out now :D

Arthi updating the story is not an issue but wait till the next issue of Aval vikatan comes out i.e. 17th of this month. :)
If you are not getting Aval vikatan probably you can try subscribing to online version of Aval vikatan @ vikatan.com.

Coming back to the story, yes as mentioned by Anoushka, so far nowhere it's mentioned that Pavithra is our heroine's 'own' daughter.

May be the story will get the same twist as in "Puthu vairam naan unakku" (by Ramani Chandran), in which the heroine is introduced with a child but later in the story it's expalined that the child is her cousin sister's son :):):):)

But somehow I have a feeling that this time it's not going to happen i.e. I think Pavithra is going to remain as Sudhakari's own daughter :):)

But let's wait and see:)

Arthi
12th May 2006, 03:03 PM

if you read these kind of books with mum or anybody you won't get the good feeling... :roll:

Not getting... What are u trying to say?Whats wrong in reading with Mom... :roll:

Anoushka
12th May 2006, 04:06 PM
Arthi: I don't get AvaL vikatan in Dublin but I check the online version :)

and if you try the shop outside Chembur station (opp Grand Central) that guy has all the Tamizh magazines, you can even tell him to keep the book for you and he will do!

Thanks Shathi :)

Arthi: I read plenty of Tamizh stories, not particulary Ramanichandran...

rachel
12th May 2006, 04:47 PM

Not getting... What are u trying to say?Whats wrong in reading with Mom... :roll:

i read alone... :roll: my mum doesn't like rc's books...

Arthi
12th May 2006, 05:00 PM
Rachel: At our place... me & my mom read RC book also on the other hand even Kalki book also we read together.
Does not matter :oops:

Anou: Whenever I go to matunga i get tamizh books. I read only RC's book as far as novel is concerned.

shanthi_a
14th May 2006, 08:56 PM
I think there should be no problem in reading Ramani Chandran's books along with your mom as long as your mom doesn't object it :D

So Arthi what are your other favorite Ramani Chandran Books?

I too like Kalki books, Ponniyin selvan and Thiyaga bhumi are my all time favorites.

rachel
15th May 2006, 10:57 AM
i have some rc favourites..but i'm not going to write about them. because nobody asked me.

selvakumar
15th May 2006, 11:26 AM
i have some rc favourites..but i'm not going to write about them. because nobody asked me.

:banghead:

shanthi_a
15th May 2006, 12:00 PM
Hi Rachel,
Come on yaar, tell us what are ur favorites?

I am sorry :(

rachel
15th May 2006, 02:27 PM
ok...

shanthi_a
22nd May 2006, 03:49 PM
Hello Anybody there???????????????????

Arthi
22nd May 2006, 04:25 PM
My Fav Books
Etram puriya vandhai
KannaE KanamaniyaE
Unmaiyai Thavira verillai(Latest)
so many.. will update soon :)
What abt u Rachel?

Arthi
22nd May 2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Shanti How are u?

Arthi
22nd May 2006, 04:38 PM
What are ur fav books shanti?

Arthi
23rd May 2006, 12:41 PM
:roll: Is anybody here?

Arthi
3rd June 2006, 05:33 PM
Arthi: Here is the rest of RC's story so far in short....

Our Hero takes 200 Rs, gives it to Sudhakari and asks her to stop pretending (or something like that) to take care of his daughter just because of the money, calls his daughter, drags her and leaves!

Sudhakari is quite upset because of this. Next day when she goes to school to pick pavitra up, she refuses to bring Anu back with her...

The second day, she comes back home to see Anu and Pavitra playing, she asks her periyappa why he brought Anu and he says it is because Anu said she will jump in the vettuvankuzhi and die... she feels sorry.

She takes Anu back to her house, tries talking to her grandma about the child. The grandma is not impressed and insults her. Sudhakari comes home and tells Pavitra that Pavithra should not bring Anu home or even talk about Anu anymore.

Next day Pavithra goes to school and comes home feeling hungry. Sudhakari does not see Anu in school and hesitatingly asks Pavithra about Anu for which Pavithra replies that because she told her not to talk to Anu she hadn't spoken to Anu and does not know anything about her.

When they reach home, Pavithra tells her food fell on the ground in school so she was very hungry, has something to eat and runs away with her books to her friends house. Sudhakari tells her child when she comes back not to go off without telling her or her periappa.

As night falls, our hero comes knocking and asks for his daughter....
Thanx Anou :)

shanthi_a
5th June 2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry, I was a bit busy with my work :(

Thanks Arthi for sharing the summary so far:)

I think Anou has missed out a very small part. There is a villain (this is my guess), I don't remember his name, who keeps offering help to Sudhakari. But Sudhakari always refuses to take his help politely as she don't want to end up confronting him.

I should say that this story is moving in a bit of unexpected lines, last week when Anu came to Sudhakari's home again, I thought (as usual) the hero has found that Sudhakari is only helping him and is not spoiling his child . But my guess went wrong :)

chidambaram
9th June 2006, 12:56 PM
நன்றி ஆனால் கதை சுருக்கத்தை தமிழில் கொடுத்தால் நன்றாக இருக்கும்

shanthi_a
14th June 2006, 08:22 AM
Did any one get a chance to read Ramanichandran's latest novel, Ini ellam neeyalavo????

Anoushka
19th June 2006, 02:29 AM
Chidamabaram: As much as I would wish to do that, I don't have the time and patience to do that, sorry!

Anoushka
19th June 2006, 02:54 AM
Continuation...

When our hero tells Sudhakari that his daughter hasn't arrived home Sudhakari is also tensed as she remembers about Anu saying she will jump into the vetuvankuzhi. She wakes Pavitra up, tells her that Anu is missing and she is going in search of her. Pavitra listens and then falls asleep again.

Hero asks Sudhakari to help him in searching. So the two of them go in hero's car to the vetuvankuzhi and they see a few gypsies who live there and ask them, they realise that Anu was no where near that place.

Hero mentions something about his athai going to school and Sudhakari asks why she went to school today. He says that his athai drops and picks up Anu to/from School everyday and cooks for her and takes care of her, that is why his athai has been brought from village for. Sudhakari is shocked and tells him that Any comes to school alone everyday and goes back alone and she herself has spent some time going behind the child to take care that she reaches home safely as she is wearing so much jewellery and it is not safe. That is when she realises that hero doesn't hate his daughter after all. They ask each others names. Our heros name is Mahendran.

They start going to Anu's classmate's house one after the other. At one place, a girl tells them that Anu was crying all day and Pavitra shared her food with Anu. Now something clicks and Sudhakari says that she thinks that Anu is somewhere close by and rushes home and wakes Pavitra up.

Pavitra adamantly refuses to tell anything. Then Sudhakari says, that Anu is generally scared to sleep in her own house alone, how will she manage now and specially with rats getting attracted to the food that Pavitra has taken for Anu, etc.

The trick has worked and Pavitra comes crying and hugs Sudhakari and says "She will think I gave away the secret..."

shanthi_a
19th June 2006, 03:32 PM
Hi Anou thanks for thsi wonderful update:):):)

Anoushka
19th June 2006, 04:24 PM
You are welcome Shanthi :)

Arthi
20th June 2006, 08:37 AM
Anou :thumbsup:
Now a days... only during wekends i can come to our mayyam :cry:

Anoushka
2nd July 2006, 03:49 AM
Continuation....

I'am going to put it really short here as nothing much happened!

Mahendran and Sudhakari go in search of Anu to and find her in a house that is half constructed... Anu though was brave in the evening is all scared as it gets darker and somehow falls asleep covering herself from top to toe in the bedsheet that Pavitra gives her.

As Mahendran finds her, Anu is all shaking and scared and is worried if her father is really going to hurt her, the next minute Sudhakari arrives on scene and she leaps on to Sudhakari and Sudhakari hugs her.

The two of them take her to Sudhakari's home and wash her, give her something to eat and put her to sleep beside Pavitra.

Sudhakari then gives Mahendran some dosai to eat and Mahendran leaves.

Between all this Mahendran wonders where he went wrong as a father... so much so that his daughter is scared of him. Though he is not happy about the idea that the child is staying in Sudhakari's house, he thinks he has lost his right as the father the minute his five year old daughter thought of running away from home.

He also thinks how his wife refused to have a child because she thought that she would lose her beauty and how he forced her into having the child after two years after their marriage, how the wife died and how his own mother died a couple of years ago and how he brought his aunt to take care of the child. He blames himself for not loving the child enough and thinking that she might turn like her mother and also spending more time at work rather than with his child...

As he leaves the house, he also wonders about Sudhakari and thinks what kind of a woman she was, one second she was angry with him and the next second she is considerate enough to feed him...

contd...

Tamil80
18th July 2006, 11:35 PM
I am new member in this forum. I joined after I've seen this topic. I am also Ramanichandran fan. I read lot of ramani chandran stories. I like especially:
*Enakkagave Nee
*Enna enna aasaigalo
*Punkatru
*Lavanya
*Erram puriya vanthai
*Maalai mayangugira neram
*Itaiveli athigamillai
*Mai vizhi mayakkam
*Onru serntha anbu maruma

Thanks Anou & shanthi for updating "Vennilavu suduvathenna".

gnirmala
3rd August 2006, 04:29 PM
hi all,
i am a new member. i am a lover of RC's books. i have read about 80 books of her collections. all the books are great. not only a single book was boring. great!!. i am a great fan of RC. i started reading her books when i am in higher secondary and even after i got married now i read her books often. so happy to join this forum. the first book i read was "Vidiyalai thedum boopaalam". so impressed and i started reading all her books. now also reading "Vennilavu suduvathena" in aval vikatan. Great!!!

chidambaram
10th September 2006, 11:45 AM
Anoushka: ரமணி சந்திரனின் 'எனது சிந்தை மயங்குதடி' படிச்சுடிங்களா? புத்தம் புது நாவல் நல்லா விற்பனையாகுது. ஆனா படிக்கத்தான் நேரமே இல்லை.

Anoushka
2nd October 2006, 02:18 PM
Chidambaram: naan ethO online vara stories thaan padichu pazhakkam, I am not in India, so enakku antha puthu puthagam patri therialai... :)

varshini
15th October 2006, 11:59 AM
[tscii:85d5767192]
†¡ö...

¿¡ý Å÷„¢É¢. ¿¡Ûõ ÃÁ½¢î ºó¾¢Ãý Å¡º¸¢. ¯í¸ «Ãð¨¼Ä ±ý¨ÉÔõ §º÷òÐìÌÅ£í¸Ç¡? '±ý º¢ó¨¾ ÁÂí̾Ê' ¿¡ý ÀÊý.[/tscii:85d5767192]

sundararaj
29th November 2006, 03:14 PM
Good.

SelvaAvinash
11th January 2007, 01:47 AM
Anu now a days we are not getting the story update :cry: .. what happened? :?:

Arthi
11th January 2007, 08:48 AM
Anoushka: ரமணி சந்திரனின் 'எனது சிந்தை மயங்குதடி' படிச்சுடிங்களா? புத்தம் புது நாவல் நல்லா விற்பனையாகுது. ஆனா படிக்கத்தான் நேரமே இல்லை.

Naan padichen, rOmba nalla erundhadhu :P :D 8-)

rcfan
26th March 2007, 09:32 AM
HI Ramanichandran Fans , any one online

rcfan
28th March 2007, 11:00 AM
Hi buddies,
next week i am going to chennai
i am planning to buy these books,
can anybody brief me the story of

karpanaiyo arpudamo
malai mayangukinra neram
nila kaayum neram
pongatum inba uravu
Idaiveli adhikam illai
valai vandha podu

so that i can decide
:D please help me :idea: :?:

rami
30th March 2007, 05:03 PM
Can someone post links to online tamil novels by Ramani chandran / Rajesh Kumar ?

rcfan
3rd April 2007, 04:02 PM
Hi Rami

browse this like http://amuthas.8m.net/

its is full of RC stories

Only the summary of the stories

But very nice

Enjoy

rcfan
Hi Rami

But very nice

Enjoy

rcfan
Hi Rami

But very nice

Enjoy

rcfan
5th April 2007, 03:44 PM
can some one tell me story of
vennila suduvathenna , i read till that heroine tells her past life ie how she became mother
after .............................. can any one share the story

thanks in advance

shanthi_a
16th August 2007, 08:45 AM
There is a new Ramani Chandran story in Kumudham named "Katru velliyidai kannamma". If you want to read it online, try this link, http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-08-15/pg22.php

Note:
1. For accessing this link you should register yourself in kumudam.com (but its free :)).
2. The online version is one week late i.e. you will see last week's issue this week and so on.. But since its free its understandable too :):)

Enjoy

devapriya
16th August 2007, 07:23 PM
Your Information that Kumudam.com is free is really interesting.

Thank you

SSubha
27th November 2007, 07:16 AM
I have some Ramanichandran novels with me and i will host it online if anyone wants it. I dunno if its ok to do so, i mean its not wrong to do so rite? i dont have time to type it just will post the digital copy of the book.

Arthi
27th November 2007, 07:59 AM
can some one tell me story of
vennila suduvathenna , i read till that heroine tells her past life ie how she became mother
after .............................. can any one share the story

thanks in advance

PM me ur mail id. I will send you the full story :)

Srisesh
30th December 2007, 11:52 AM
Hi all,
I love to read ramanichandran novels.. now i live in US. so can anyone tell where to read ramanichandran novels online or to download?

Thanks
Ranjani

Arthi
31st December 2007, 09:57 AM
There is a new Ramani Chandran story in Kumudham named "Katru velliyidai kannamma". If you want to read it online, try this link, http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-08-15/pg22.php

Note:
1. For accessing this link you should register yourself in kumudam.com (but its free :)).
2. The online version is one week late i.e. you will see last week's issue this week and so on.. But since its free its understandable too :):)

Enjoy
hi Srisesh
Try the above link :)

Srisesh
31st December 2007, 10:59 AM
Hey thanks shanthi:D . i have already registered in kumudam.com.
I need more......
Is that possible to download from anywhere?

Thanks
Sri.......

srimal
3rd January 2008, 11:41 PM
Hi,

I am a ramani chandran fan too....

am also reading KVK in kumudam now...

thanks for link...http://amuthas.8m.net/

are there anymore sites like that... ????

devapriya
15th February 2008, 11:47 PM
Many Ramani Chandran Novels has been Uploaded as PDF Files by SaraKumar in his website TamilNenjam.

Interested friends can download at following link

http://www.esnips.com/web/RamaniChandranNovels4U

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2008, 12:12 AM
hey cool thanks :)

Arthi
16th February 2008, 10:07 AM
hey cool thanks :)

guruji neenga Rc novel padipeengalaa :roll: 8-) :P

Arthi
16th February 2008, 10:09 AM
Many Ramani Chandran Novels has been Uploaded as PDF Files by SaraKumar in his website TamilNenjam.

Interested friends can download at following link

http://www.esnips.com/web/RamaniChandranNovels4U
wow kwel link
nandri devapriya :D

Shakthiprabha.
16th February 2008, 10:19 AM
When I was in my coll, one of my pattu class friend (close friend) introduced me to ramanichandran books. She was CRAZY bout ramani chandran novels.

I TRIED just one. I felt it was NOT MY CUPPA TEA. I was not too interested and I felt too bored to be frank. (sorry bout it fans)

I thanked devapriya here, cause, if I am really bored, I can try one or two.

Arthi
16th February 2008, 10:21 AM
When I was in my coll, one of my pattu class friend (close friend) introduced me to ramanichandran books. She was CRAZY bout ramani chandran novels.

I TRIED just one. I felt it was NOT MY CUPPA TEA. I was not too interested and I felt too bored to be frank. (sorry bout it fans)

I thanked devapriya here, cause, if I am really bored, I can try one or two.

no probs ungala mannichaachu 8-)

aanaa
19th February 2008, 12:58 AM
reading books is very good
however everyone has its onwmway & message to deliver

Anoushka
3rd March 2008, 05:24 PM
is anyone reading her latest one in kumudham "kaatru veLiyidai kaNNama"? :)

Arthi
8th March 2008, 08:01 PM

:yes: am reading it :D

srimal
8th March 2008, 08:23 PM

me too.... :)

Tamil80
18th July 2008, 05:14 AM
Hi friends,
How r u? I need latest Ramanicantiran novels released in the past 3 yrs. Please.

shanthi_a
19th June 2009, 05:57 PM
Hi Guys,
I am here after a long gap :) Check out few Ramani Chandran book links @ http://www.chillzee.com/tamil-online-books

Hope this helps.

C2
9th March 2010, 07:24 PM
hi, i am a great fan of RC too. love to join and share
with u all in this hub. i have read many of her stories.
but, can anyone name her 1st novel plz.... :D