PDA

View Full Version : The great Naushad passed away

S.Balaji
6th May 2006, 03:25 PM
The one and only Naushad, the veteran Hindi film music composer is no more ........
one of the legends of hindi cinema....
higly revered and respected .......
had given many splendid composings.....

Here is the news about him :

MUMBAI: Music composer Naushad Ali passed away on Friday at the Nanavati Hospital here. He was 86, and is survived by three sons and four daughters.

Naushad was admitted to hospital last month and had undergone heart surgery. His body was brought to Ashiyana, his residence on Carter Road in the western suburb of Bandra, and then taken to Santacruz for the funeral in the evening.

Music director Uttam Singh, who worked on the music of Mughal-e-Azam when it was re-released in colour, said Naushad had not been well for the last few days.

Actor-politician Dharmendra described Naushad as a lovely human being. Pandit Shivkumar Sharma said Naushad was unique in every way. He used Western instruments to score music, but gave it a Hindustani touch.

Actor Dilip Kumar, whose Mughal-e-Azam and Ram aur Shyam had music by Naushad, said he was a very noble and delightful man who contributed immensely to the film industry and classical music.

Shashikant Kinikar, who translated Naushad Ki Kahani, Naushad ki Zubani into Marathi, said, "I met him as an admirer of his music. Naushadsaab and his wife treated me very well even though they didn't know me. I remember a recording in which 16 violins were playing. While all of us thought it sounded great, Naushadsaab pointed at someone and said he was not up to the mark. He was an exceptional music composer."

Winner of several awards, including the Dadasaheb Phalke Award and the Padma Bhushan, Naushad was known for his classical-based music and for several pioneering initiatives, including separately recording voice and music for playback singing.

Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh, actors Saira Bano, Raza Murad and Govinda, lyricist Gulzar and music director Ravindra Jain visited Ashiyana to pay their respects. All of Naushad's family members, except a daughter who is based out of India, were present.

A great musician: Kalam

ANI, PTI report:

President Abdul Kalam, Vice-President Bhairon Singh Shekhawat and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressed grief over the demise of the veteran composer.

In his message, Mr. Kalam said: "I am saddened to learn about the passing away of Janab Naushad Ali. He was a talented music director who brought happiness to thousands of music lovers around the country. He was always regarded as a creative artiste who had the vision to see future trends in the field of film music. In his death, the country has lost a great musician whose music scores in films of yesteryear will be his lasting memory.''

Mr. Shekhawat described him as a ``doyen of Indian music.'' ``He [Naushad] made immense contribution to popularise classical music through the medium of Hindi cinema songs in which he composed devotional songs with classical notes," he said.

End of an era

In his condolence message, Dr. Manmohan Singh said with Naushad Saheb's departure, an era of melody and virtuosity had come to an end.

Lets pray that his soul rests in peace.......

rajeshkrv
7th May 2006, 01:34 AM
a Legend by all means !!

It's indeed a irrepairable loss to the music industry..

Raghu
23rd August 2006, 07:40 PM
balaji anNe,

Didn't the GREATEST Dr.SPB do an album with the GREAT Naushad ALI ?? called something like 'Mere Payal Sangeet ' .. or something?

any way, juts saw the topic now :(

May his soul attain Moksha by the grac eof ISHWAR