PDA

View Full Version : Rehman for Harris

THK
29th April 2006, 03:50 AM
Rehman for Harris
IndiaGlitz [Friday, April 28, 2006]

Director A R Murugadoss is all set to direct his Ghajini in Hindi. Aamir Khan would play the lead role with Asin playing his ladylove.

Interestingly, Harris Jayaraj, who composed the musical score for the original, would be replaced by A R Rehman.

Sources say Aamir Khan had insisted on Rehman working in the movie.

Starting with Lagaan down through Mangal Pandey and now Rang De Basanti, Aamir has hit it off with Rehman.

Ghajini starring Suriya and Asin went on to become a big hit in Tamil and established Murugadoss as a sought-after director in Kollywood.

Currently he is directing a Telugu movie featuring Chiranjeevi and Trisha, Murugadoss would commence the Hindi venture of Ghajini only after completing the Chiranjeevi starrer. :D

MADDY
29th April 2006, 07:23 AM
this is the difference between Kamal and Aamir.....infact the difference between a Mumbaiite view and Tamilian's view of ARRahman..... :(

ansa400
29th April 2006, 08:18 AM
Infact, this wuld've been a golden opportunity for Harris to make it big in bollywood had he been offered this film.

dinesh2002
29th April 2006, 09:02 AM
i guess Amir khan didint like Ghajini songs and knew ARRahman can give better scores and not only that....ARR & AK shares a good rapport....esp ever since RDB happened :D

Dragun
29th April 2006, 09:54 AM
i guess Amir khan didint like Ghajini songs and knew ARRahman can give better scores and not only that....ARR & AK shares a good rapport....esp ever since RDB happened :D

I think it was Lagaan that made Aamir like ARR a lot. Maybe it was even one of the earlier Aamir-ARR films like Earth or Rangeela that did it.

Scale
29th April 2006, 10:40 AM
Aamir is doing some pretty good movies. Why a remake now? edhukku pa ARR? :banghead:

A.ANAND
29th April 2006, 10:55 AM
scale sir,ithulla enna varutta pada venndiyirukku???remake kala kalam india film industryla normala nadakkarathu thane.harris tamilla panna songs vida namma annachi hindila dhool kalappa porrarunnga sir...

Scale
29th April 2006, 11:27 AM
>>>hindila dhool kalappa porrarunnga sir<<<.

adhe DSKR leye pannittaru. We have compared & discussed already here! :)

Ramakrishna
29th April 2006, 04:29 PM
Ghajini had a superb 1st half.But the second half was very ordinary.Especially the climax was boring.
A.R.Murugadoss should change the 2nd half to make it more interesting.
Harris did a decent job in tamil.but only two songs were big hits.rest were ordinary.But i am sure ARR will do a splendid job.
I want murugadoss-AR.Rahman combination in tamil as well.More so, if he does any film with Rajini or Vijay.

A.R.Rahman and A.R.Murugadoss
Well the two A.Rs from tamilnadu are going to mesmerise Bollywood. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
29th April 2006, 04:46 PM
ramakrisna sir,super!!super!!!

lancelot
29th April 2006, 10:18 PM
as much as ghajini was a good movie...i was dissapointed....
coz i was expecting somthing like Memento...i think is an amazing movie....

though ARM did a good job.... he never realy used the memory loss or sanjay ramasami to full effect.....

remember in memento lenny would be running away from a guy...an then he has a memory flash...an he thinks that he is the one chasing the other guy..... that was amazing story telling.....

an the other thing was, in memento the scenes were shown in reverse.... i did not expect ARM to do that...coz i dont think he is up to that standerd of directing....no offence ment

an wat wa with the twin brother at the end...that jus spoiled the movie.....
an no offence...but HJ music was just ordinery....

hope ARM realizes the mistakes an does it diffrently in the hindi virsion....

he has made a good start by selecting ARR for the music

hehe
:D

Dragun
30th April 2006, 01:52 AM
Lancelot, did you seriously expect something like Memento? Indian masala audiences would never go for that.

lancelot
30th April 2006, 02:15 AM
Lancelot, did you seriously expect something like Memento? Indian masala audiences would never go for that.

i know that... but u do get people in india who do movies that r good...an dont care about the audience...like Kamal and Manirathnam for instance.... I tot ARM was also like that....

after typing the previous comment i saw memento again...an now i hate Gajini even more....

sorry Mr. Murugadhos but your movie just didnt reach out to me.... it just makes me sad.....

hehe
:D

narayanan
30th April 2006, 10:55 AM
poyum poyum Ghajini'a pya remake pannanum :banghead: As good the first half was, the movie was that much screwed up towards the end :roll: and why does Aamir want to remake this silly movie :roll:

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 11:43 AM
Date: Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:32 pm
Subject: Re: [arr] ARR for Ghajini's hindi version? vij4all
Send Email

a month back i had clarified with a r r and he had categorically laughed this one away ! so this news is not true !

Cheers

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/65226

but this news just came up 3 days ago...mabby ARR changed his mind no.....anywayz....i posted wut close assosiate of ARR said....

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 03:52 PM
Salim-sulaiman is scoring the music for the hindi Ghajini..

dinesh2002
3rd November 2006, 03:56 PM

What?? Why?? How?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 04:09 PM

What?? Why?? How?? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I recieved a mail from arrfansgroup stating that the movie 'Ghajini' is to be composed by SS Brothers. A link was also given where Ghajini was in the list of SS Bros' forthcoming projects. I forgot the link.

dinesh2002
3rd November 2006, 04:35 PM
a big DAMN!!!!!!! was expecting another Rahman-Amir audio.............

A.ANAND
3rd November 2006, 04:58 PM
harris score panna movie ikku rahman music'ka????pannama iruppathey nallathu.tamil'illa a.r.murugadass and a.r.r panna romba interistinga irkkum,antha nalai ether parkiren..

ajaybaskar
5th November 2006, 01:32 PM
harris score panna movie ikku rahman music'ka????pannama iruppathey nallathu.tamil'illa a.r.murugadass and a.r.r panna romba interistinga irkkum,antha nalai ether parkiren..

Damn right

sha
5th November 2006, 01:54 PM
y u guys r still saying ghajani to hindi... say Memento to hindi.. ( give credit to the original movie)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/

MADDY
5th November 2006, 04:17 PM
y u guys r still saying ghajani to hindi... say Memento to hindi.. ( give credit to the original movie)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0209144/

actually sha, aamir is going to do a remake of Ghajini and not memento....though Ghajini was inspired from Memento........

moreover, Memento was a class movie......Ghajini was a poorly made movie....second half was unsittable....i hoped Aamir wud make a better movie but now its out of ARR's hands.......forget this movie......

nilavupriyan
5th November 2006, 06:15 PM
this is the difference between Kamal and Aamir.....infact the difference between a Mumbaiite view and Tamilian's view of ARRahman..... :(

:lol:

weve got IR! :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
5th November 2006, 06:16 PM
gajni enna padamnu over hype kudukuranuga

MADDY
5th November 2006, 06:20 PM

i wrote that when ARR was thrown out of 10A...... :D

nilavupriyan
5th November 2006, 06:23 PM

i wrote that when ARR was thrown out of 10A...... :D

ARR not thrown out......he wont compete with the speed of kamal and ks ravikumar....may be shivaji team which work for la\onger days can work with arr...when a team is in great hurry they cant just push arr !

MADDY
5th November 2006, 06:36 PM
ARR not thrown out......he wont compete with the speed of kamal and ks ravikumar....may be shivaji team which work for la\onger days can work with arr...when a team is in great hurry they cant just push arr !

how cud this same slow tortoise compose at a speed for KSR-Ajith's fast combo??? one of the first things that completed for GF was music......

nilavu, i'll tell u wat happened......Kamal mooted the idea of 5 MDs for the film.........which is when ARR realised that he is not reqd........he walked out......so it was a beautiful plan to remove ARR and make it look like as if ARR only walked out........watever u tell this is the truth.......

btw, wat is this thread doing here........ :? .........i dunno how many such ARR threads will go?? :cry:

nilavupriyan
5th November 2006, 08:55 PM
AVM to oscar?for dasavatharam :lol:

MADDY
6th November 2006, 04:20 AM

my apologies......got confused with shivaji links and 10A.....

but that doesent change the fact that it was Kamal who initiated the 5 MDs idea which ultimately led to ARR's exit.....

nilavupriyan
6th November 2006, 09:08 AM

my apologies......got confused with shivaji links and 10A.....

but that doesent change the fact that it was Kamal who initiated the 5 MDs idea which ultimately led to ARR's exit.....

ennamo ponga

MADDY
6th November 2006, 11:44 AM
ennamo ponga

yes, mudinji pona kadha... :D ....summa koovittu irukkaradhula punyam illa...... :lol: ....lets hope for a ARR-Kamal combo in the future atleast... :D

rsubras
6th November 2006, 01:46 PM
It would have been a really great moment for ARR fans had it been Rahman for dasavatharam coz it is reallllllllllllllllllllllly very long time we had an ARR vs ARR battle... Rajini vs Kamal and ARR vs ARR that would have been the ultimate treat we could have had :)

nilavupriyan
6th November 2006, 02:37 PM
It would have been a really great moment for ARR fans had it been Rahman for dasavatharam coz it is reallllllllllllllllllllllly very long time we had an ARR vs ARR battle... Rajini vs Kamal and ARR vs ARR that would have been the ultimate treat we could have had :)

yeah...if it had been IR for dasa...think abt

kamal vs rajni

ir vs arr

adi dhool

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:43 AM
Himesh nalla MDthane?

dinesh2002
28th January 2007, 05:13 PM
[tscii:ecaf5ea561]Murugadoss, Aamir and Rahman eventually come together
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
January 28, 2007
This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

After contemplations aplenty the fate of Hindi remake of Ghajini has been decided. The movie was never in any trouble but there were lengthy discussions, and debates before the rough look of the team that would actualize the movie was finalized. As it has turned out, the discussions came full circle.

Aamir Khan

The initial talk was that A.R.Murugadoss, the director of the Tamil original would be directing the movie with the mercurial Aamir Khan in the lead and Asin making her debut in Bollywood. The things took their first turn when Aamir Khan was rumored to be in discussion with Mani Ratnam for Lajjo, a replacement for Aamir was required; now that is not something that is easy to find. Then came the news that Priyanka Chopra was all set to replace Asin. Finally came the biggest twist. Director A.R.Murugadoss was reported to be on his way out of the project due to his very limited understanding of Hindi. A prominent director from Bollywood was touted to be the replacement.

With names being thrown around, no one had any clue as to what the movie will look like. But as said earlier, things have come full circle. The discussions have ended where they had begun. After contemplating on all the possible names, the concerned people seem to have settled for A.R.Murugadoss as the director. With Aamir Khan’s dates being available there was no need to look anywhere else.

So that is how the movie will look like; A.R.Murugadoss calling the shots and Aamir enacting Sanjay Ramaswamy. Other details including the female lead have not yet been decided. Let’s hope that even this one bounces back to the point where it all began and we get to see Asin play Kalpana once again.

Shooting for the movie is all set to begin by the end of March. Of course, the music; that will be scored by none other than the wizard A.R.Rahman. Certainly something to watch out for.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/jan-07-04/28-01-07-aamir-khan.html[/tscii:ecaf5ea561]

thamizhvaanan
28th January 2007, 06:36 PM
:redjump:

thimuru
28th January 2007, 06:54 PM

why bring kamal here?

MADDY
28th January 2007, 07:21 PM

why bring kamal here?

i have stopped posting abt kamal and all long time back.......if u want i can start again......or if u want i can edit that line for u.....choice is urs sir..... :D ......