PDA

View Full Version : AR || Sakkarakatti | Kalaprabhu | Shanthanu ||

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Ramakrishna
28th April 2006, 08:58 PM
[tscii:8cb187f756] Bhagyaraj’s son is hero of ‘Sakkarakatti’

‘Parijatam’ featuring Bhagyaraj’s daughter Sharanya in her debut role has been completed but is yet to see daylight. When such is the case, Bhagyaraj is planning to launch his son Santanu as hero. When he was a young boy, Santanu has acted with his father in ‘Vettiya Mudichukattu.’

‘Sakkarakatti’ that will launch Santanu as hero is being produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu for V Creations. The film is to be directed by another film heir, Kalaprabhu, the son of Thanu. The story is very simple. A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’

Shibi and Ishita are the two young beauties from Mumbai who will star with Santanu. Like any typical formula film, the hero has 4 chums to indulge him and duets will be shot abroad. Happy news is, the globe trotting composer A R Rehman has agreed to compose music for ‘Sakkarakatti.’ Clap Clap

When Thanu produced ‘Kaaka Kaaka,’ ‘Thotti Jaya’ and ‘Sachein, Kalaprabhu learnt the rudiments of direction from directors Gautam Menon, Durai and John respectively. The shooting for ‘Sakkarakatti’ is expected to start on May 3.

S Thanu is an ardent supporter of MDMK. Bhagyaraj is a DMK supporter and at every possible opportunity on the dais, he tears apart Vaiko, the leader of MDMK. The fathers may be at political loggerheads, but the heirs will work together on the professional front.

The film is indeed going to be a ‘Sakkarakatti’!

For news and the updates related to this movie which has music by our Gurunaathar[/tscii:8cb187f756]

njv
29th April 2006, 12:54 AM
[tscii:65cdf64c1f]

A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:65cdf64c1f]

rashid2raj
29th April 2006, 01:05 AM
[tscii:c5daefc6a4]

A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:c5daefc6a4]

Atleast he's getting offers, and not retired (And i'm not thinking about Ilayaraja :lol: )

njv
29th April 2006, 01:30 AM
[tscii:0d97e39dae]

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:0d97e39dae]

Atleast he's getting offers, and not retired (And i'm not thinking about Ilayaraja :lol: )

12 movies in last 3 months - you call it retired, I call it slowing down. - I am talking about Illayaraja.

I guess you guys will be happy with whatever shit coming out. be happy. enjoy guys.

rashid2raj
29th April 2006, 01:35 AM
[tscii:4ef01402f0]

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:4ef01402f0]

12 movies in last 3 months - you call it retired, I call it slowing down. - I am talking about Illayaraja.

I guess you guys will be happy with whatever **** coming out. be happy. enjoy guys.

Well, how many out those 12 movies were hits??? Face the truth! Ilayaraja is not getting any big movies..

njv
29th April 2006, 01:53 AM
Well, how many out those 12 movies were hits??? Face the truth! Ilayaraja is not getting any big movies..

Define big movies. The only big movie that ARR now has is Shivaji. If Rajni is big here, Mohanlal is big in MFM, so does Dilip, so does Amitabh, so does RGV, so does KH, so does Bala.

You just didnt get my point. I want ARR to not do this movie and go for something big, but instead ARR is doing this silly project which will take him now where, the mistake that IR has done, now ARR doing.

Like I said before, if you guys are happy, enjoy.

baba88
29th April 2006, 02:33 AM
njv I think you don't know much of Tamil Cinema. Do you think only big budget movies can be successful ? Look at Arindhum Ariyamalun, Kadhal, Chittirem Pesuthadi or Thiruttu Payale. People like movies with different story line. I think A.R.Rahman can be as good in Sakkaraktti as YSR was in AA.

buggle
29th April 2006, 02:46 AM
baba, what njv was referring here was different storyline and not about big budget movies.
For sakkarakatti it looks like a ordinary story while AA, Kaadhal got something different which not seen in Tamil before...
As correctly said by njv as long as ARR fans are happy it's fine

svaisn
29th April 2006, 03:30 AM
baba, what njv was referring here was different storyline and not about big budget movies.
For sakkarakatti it looks like a ordinary story while AA, Kaadhal got something different which not seen in Tamil before...
As correctly said by njv as long as ARR fans are happy it's fine

How did u guys jump to the conclusion that the movie would be anotheer ord tamil lick :roll:

Kaathal had a beautiful screenplay so did AA....

This movie can also have, wjho knows...

When some one can compose music for Rajkiran (hero) movies.... there is nothing wrong in ARR composing songs for new comers....[/i]

buggle
29th April 2006, 03:37 AM
i guess that someone had given more hits with newcomers than the other someone..i hope someone accepts that!!!!

MADDY
29th April 2006, 07:28 AM
When some one can compose music for Rajkiran (hero) movies.... there is nothing wrong in ARR composing songs for new comers....[/i]

appadi podu aruvala.... :lol: ......most of IR's village movies were real craps.....and they were no way exciting......infact they branded IR as a vllage composer by making him do all these crap movies.....

ansa400
29th April 2006, 08:13 AM
[tscii:c9e5a20070]

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:c9e5a20070]

njv, can u pls recall what is the story of KAADAL? A rich girl falls in love with a poor boy. It is as simple as that. Needless to spk abt the success of the film. So the point is it is not the story which really matters, the screenplay is important.ARR is not a fool to accept some crap offers at this point of time. There must be something exciting abt this director which made him to accept this film. That's it!

dinesh2002
29th April 2006, 08:57 AM
[tscii:8355fa4d79]

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:8355fa4d79]

r u hitting ARR base on this project or also rest of his project?? :?: anywayz.... when people can make remake crapz a hit...this simple story line to become a hit is nothing NEW in tamil film industry.... lemme see....even IR's chooses damn 'quality' storylines nowdays.... :lol:

A.ANAND
29th April 2006, 10:45 AM
story online eppothun simplelathan irukkum,ana athai screenplay pannuvathalathan oru dir.oda thiramai irukku..athuvuum new dir.kala prabu ass.to dir.like ghautham menon,durai[thootijaya]john[sachin]yaaru kannda 'minnale'mathiri asathunarunna???thinking positiflah brother!!!!

terminator
29th April 2006, 01:57 PM
Remember Thanu produced Kandukondean 2 created records in sales.

He rightly remember it and gave the opportunity to our BOSS.

Enakku Isai Gnaniyaiyum Pidikkum, Isai Puyaliyum pidikkum

But ARR eppavum oru step mela thaan.. :D

Djpak
29th April 2006, 02:21 PM

Define big movies. The only big movie that ARR now has is Shivaji. If Rajni is big here, Mohanlal is big in MFM, so does Dilip, so does Amitabh, so does RGV, so does KH, so does Bala.

You just didnt get my point. I want ARR to not do this movie and go for something big, but instead ARR is doing this silly project which will take him now where, the mistake that IR has done, now ARR doing.

ARR is doing music to 4 of aishwarya movies :)

rashid2raj
29th April 2006, 03:51 PM

Appadi poodu, machi ... :D

Ramakrishna
29th April 2006, 05:50 PM
Now it is Bhagyaraj's son
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, April 29, 2006]

Close on the heels of actor-director Bhagyaraj's daughter Saranya taking to the big screen with Parijatham, his son Santhanu too is ready make a foray into filmdom.

Santhanu is being launched by producer Kalaipuli S Thanu in his production venture Sakkaraikatti being directed by debutant Kaalaprakash.

The movie has musical score by A R Rehman, editing by Anthony and cinematography by James Andrews.

Debutants Ishitha Joshi and Sibi would be playing the female leads in Sakkaraikatti. The movie would hit the floors on 30 April (Sunday).

Thanu known for his grandeur has come out with a grand and huge invitation for the movie's launch.

Quite appropriate to the title, the invitation carries with it sugar cubes.

Get ready to welcome Santhanu Bhagyaraj.

njv
29th April 2006, 06:27 PM

appadi podu aruvala.... :lol: ......most of IR's village movies were real craps.....and they were no way exciting......infact they branded IR as a vllage composer by making him do all these crap movies.....

Exactly and now they are going to brand ARR as crap movie MD. How many ARR movies are hit, tell me about this. You yourself can do the math. I dont want ARR to do the same mistake that IR did.

Like I said, you guys just dont get it. - Enjoy.

buggle, You go my point buddy 8-)

btw kadhal not a rich girl poor boy story. more than money nativity and natural acting, unexpected climax, excellent songs and top of that media publicity that it is a true story helped Kadhal. Like Meera Jasmine said in one interview, Kadhal is the best movie that Tamil folks can come up with :)

njv
29th April 2006, 06:31 PM

Enjoy :lol:

narayanan
29th April 2006, 06:58 PM
I dont get something here. How could the MD be blamed for the movie not making big ? 'Duet' was a hit musical, the movie was a failure in box-office. Who will you blame? :roll:

ARR is doing music to 4 of aishwarya movies

Remember Aish's first movie ;)

Djpak
29th April 2006, 07:25 PM
I dont get something here. How could the MD be blamed for the movie not making big ? 'Duet' was a hit musical, the movie was a failure in box-office. Who will you blame? :roll:

ARR is doing music to 4 of aishwarya movies

Remember Aish's first movie ;)

All aish's release in tamil is done by ARR

Aish debut IRUVAR (1997) :D
JEANS 1998
Thalam 1999
KANDUKONDAIN KANDUKONDAIN 2000

svaisn
29th April 2006, 08:33 PM

Exactly and now they are going to brand ARR as crap movie MD. How many ARR movies are hit, tell me about this. You yourself can do the math. I dont want ARR to do the same mistake that IR did.

Like I said, you guys just dont get it. - Enjoy.

buggle, You go my point buddy 8-)

btw kadhal not a rich girl poor boy story. more than money nativity and natural acting, unexpected climax, excellent songs and top of that media publicity that it is a true story helped Kadhal. Like Meera Jasmine said in one interview, Kadhal is the best movie that Tamil folks can come up with :)

Thanks for accepting that IR did mistakes.....

Sir!! even in this movie they have only told that a rich gal loves a poor guy...... they didnt mention anything else...

how do u jump into conclusions that it will be a mediocre movie??

nilavupriyan
30th April 2006, 12:03 AM
[tscii:a6e2047ad7]

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:a6e2047ad7]

in last few YEARS arr have composed (after 2000)

a ah(2005)
kangalal kaidhu sei(2004)
new(2004)
enakku 20 unakku 18(2004)
boys(2003)
baba(2002)
parasuram(2003)
udaya(2003)
Kadhal Virus (2002)
Star (2001/II)
Paarthale Paravasam (2001)

these are the tamil films arr composed after 2000!

nearly all are flops....among those a ah,enaku 20 unaku 18 ,parasuram,udaya,kadhal virus,star are craps!

balachander,mani and shanker movies are accepted..but the remaining movie selection is worst!

ilayaraja's hit list after 2000

virumaandi
azhagi
ramana
pithamagan
friends

after 2000 ilayaraja had been involved in more hit films than arr and ilayaraja have involved in more decent movies than enaku 20 unaku 18,parasuram,a ah,udaya,kadhal virus,star etc...

arr compose nice music..but his film selection is not good!

Ramakrishna
30th April 2006, 12:08 AM
Nilavu,
I need to agree with u that his selection of films in tamil wasn't good.
But at that time he was concentrating fully on Hindi movies and when u do that these things will happen.

MADDY
30th April 2006, 12:17 AM
yes nilavu, all ARR's movies bombed after 2000......but do u know BOYS's music sales > all of IR's movies' music sales post2000......

Djpak
30th April 2006, 12:39 AM
[tscii:04b502d36b]

This is something tamil filmdom never experienced before. Its going to be something different. ARR is getting very exciting project now a days.[/tscii:04b502d36b]

in last few YEARS arr have composed (after 2000)

a ah(2005)
kangalal kaidhu sei(2004)
new(2004)
enakku 20 unakku 18(2004)
boys(2003)
baba(2002)
parasuram(2003)
udaya(2003)
Kadhal Virus (2002)
Star (2001/II)
Paarthale Paravasam (2001)

these are the tamil films arr composed after 2000!

nearly all are flops....among those a ah,enaku 20 unaku 18 ,parasuram,udaya,kadhal virus,star are craps!

balachander,mani and shanker movies are accepted..but the remaining movie selection is worst!

ilayaraja's hit list after 2000

virumaandi
azhagi
ramana
pithamagan
friends

after 2000 ilayaraja had been involved in more hit films than arr and ilayaraja have involved in more decent movies than enaku 20 unaku 18,parasuram,a ah,udaya,kadhal virus,star etc...

arr compose nice music..but his film selection is not good!

Let start with recent year for IR :)

Vishwa Thulasi
Mumbai Xpress
Adhu Oru Kanaa Kaalam
Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star

^^ OMG THATS FLOP

:roll:

baba88
30th April 2006, 02:43 AM
a ah(2005) - Movie Hit audio Super Hit
new (2004) - Movie and Audio Super Hit
aayitha eluthu (2004) - Mani Rathnam
kangalal kaidhu sei(2004) - Bharatiraja
enakku 20 unakku 18(2004) - Movie and Audio Hit
boys(2003) - Shankar
baba(2002) - Rajnikanth
parasuram(2003) - old movie
udaya(2003) - old movie
Kadhal Virus (2002) - ?
Star (2001/II) - ?
Paarthale Paravasam (2001) - Balachander's 100th movie

narayanan
30th April 2006, 06:33 AM
Whats the point to prove with all these big list of statistics ? :roll:
~~~~~
maddy,
there are many movies during 92-99 composed Rahman that were box office failures too and even though their audio was good, they did'nt get the required publicity.
~~~~~

All aish's release in tamil is done by ARR

Yeah, so what did you mean ? I meant, even though Iruvar track was a big hit, the movie bombed box office.

BTW Thalam is a dubbing movie, would'nt count as being made for Tamil.

rsubras
30th April 2006, 09:29 AM
List of crap movies for which IR scored music will be a much bigggger list (will need a oracle database to store all those data) :)

But imho the MD's definitely are not to be blamed for this...

one thing but u have to give it to IR, when ARR scores for a crappy film such those included in the list above, he will just compose the songs and escape, giving the BGM work to sabesh murali or pravin mani but IR sir will also do the bgm for those movies.... imagine the plight of someone who have to watch all those crap movies and give bgm for all the stupid things being done on the screen in the name of movies :) and definitely there had been far far more crappy movies, repeated cliches etc., in 1980's than today. Still he managed to produce some BGM gems for those kind of movies.... that patience and perseverance cant be seen in any of the current generation of MD's (and that includes our dear ARR too :) ) Selection of films, Musical hit based on director's musical sense.. all these terms only came in the recent past..... If IR would have said my music will be good only for the directors with "musical sense", then an entire breed of directors such as Rajkiran, Sunderrajan, Ramarajan, Kovai thambi and all those pattikaadu film directors wouldnt have been in Tamil filmdom.... (IR shud take the blame ;) )

terminator
30th April 2006, 04:06 PM
Today SAKKARAKATTI Advt Promos came in TN dailies.

baba88
30th April 2006, 05:01 PM
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/6352/sakkarakatti0ha.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Look at the left/bottom side.

njv
30th April 2006, 05:37 PM
List of crap movies for which IR scored music will be a much bigggger list (will need a oracle database to store all those data) :)

one thing but u have to give it to IR, when ARR scores for a crappy film such those included in the list above, he will just compose the songs and escape, giving the BGM work to sabesh murali or pravin mani but IR sir will also do the bgm for those movies.... imagine the plight of someone who have to watch all those crap movies and give bgm for all the stupid things being done on the screen in the name of movies :) and definitely there had been far far more crappy movies, repeated cliches etc., in 1980's than today. Still he managed to produce some BGM gems for those kind of movies.... that patience and perseverance cant be seen in any of the current generation of MD's (and that includes our dear ARR too :) ) Selection of films, Musical hit based on director's musical sense.. all these terms only came in the recent past..... If IR would have said my music will be good only for the directors with "musical sense", then an entire breed of directors such as Rajkiran, Sunderrajan, Ramarajan, Kovai thambi and all those pattikaadu film directors wouldnt have been in Tamil filmdom.... (IR shud take the blame ;) )

IR list is longer becuase he has done more films. Take the % you will be surprised. I am not praising IR for the success or ARR for the failures. During IR period we had many "class" directors and we dont have them now a days. The best ARR could get is MR and thats it.

IR BGM added values to even crap films and made them watchable. Many "amma" sentiment movies you can take.

As for as outsourcing BGM concerned - many reason why producers/directors prefer someone else than ARR - extreme delay caused to movies. Its fact.

MD is not responsible for movie failures, agreed, but all I am asking (hoping) for is for IR & ARR to work with talented people, so the entire movie watching experience would be very nice. Why have ARR/IR talent wasted in crap movies. Whats the point of audio being hit if it doesnt fit the movie? If thats the case, one can release a private pop album also.

dinesh2002
30th April 2006, 06:02 PM
omg....inthe topic vechuthe oru 2 page othiache...vidungepa....kadavule!!!get back to sakarakatti.....i my self not confartable having ARR in this project....when i saw the poster...it just reminded me of Kangalal Kaithie Sei....i just gave a bad feeling another gem songs like KKS will go to waste!!!

dinesh2002
30th April 2006, 06:06 PM
[tscii:d189b4895f]Sakkarakatti- Pooja

Today 30th April 2006, the film Sakkarakatti’s pooja function went on well at AVM studio. The movie is produced under the banner of V Creations. Kalai Puli S Thanu is the producer of this movie. His son Kalaaprabhu is directing this movie. This is his first movie in his career. A.R. Rahman scores the music for this movie. Actor Vijay, A.R. Rahman and many other guests join the function.Click here ---> http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/events/gallery/name/images/id/314/star/sakkarakatti.html

to view the event pictures.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/3516/news/sakkarakatti.html[/tscii:d189b4895f]

dinesh2002
30th April 2006, 06:08 PM
so many projects in ARR hands now....im happy & Scared at the same time....i really hope no REUSED songs in any tamil albums.....

A.ANAND
30th April 2006, 06:44 PM
DINESH.ENNUM NERAYA PROJECT TAMIL'LA PANNAPORARU NAMMA ALU!!!

nilavupriyan
30th April 2006, 11:50 PM

yeah....ir scored for crapper movies...but he made them hit movies by his music single handedly....mohan and ramarajan movies ran only for ir music.....thats his speciality!

nilavupriyan
30th April 2006, 11:56 PM
yes nilavu, all ARR's movies bombed after 2000......but do u know BOYS's music sales > all of IR's movies' music sales post2000......

can u prove it!

its just what u think!

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 12:10 AM
nilavupriyan, please keep ur existance in ur IR thread or whereever which is not ARR...ur only creating chaos & nothing else.people like u really pisses me off with coming in everywhere & start boasting bout IR.i know he is maestro,i love his songs too...i dunno y u people just hate ARR...take a chill pill & enjoy MUSIC...gosh!!! this is a thread for ARR"s album and if u wanna discuss on this,ur welcome,if not...summa irungepa!!

BOYS indeed had big hit in audio sales...

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 12:20 AM

yeah....ir scored for crapper movies...but he made them hit movies by his music single handedly....mohan and ramarajan movies ran only for ir music.....thats his speciality!

kaalam maari pooche machan....yentha kalathille irukinge.... :lol:

Vysar
1st May 2006, 03:44 AM
ARR on IRs symphon(e)y

http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/may/01/disp.asp?i=13_4

svaisn
1st May 2006, 03:51 AM
ARR on IRs symphon(e)y

http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/may/01/disp.asp?i=13_4

That is ARR Style....

To give such a interview you need a big heart...

which many dont have

MADDY
1st May 2006, 09:40 AM
i dunno y ARR is standing up for Ilayaraja.....what happens if it is proved legally that there is some irregularity in IR's symphony????i dunno y ARR is not minding his own business......

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 10:48 AM
nilavupriyan, please keep ur existance in ur IR thread or whereever which is not ARR...ur only creating chaos & nothing else.people like u really pisses me off with coming in everywhere & start boasting bout IR.i know he is maestro,i love his songs too...i dunno y u people just hate ARR...take a chill pill & enjoy MUSIC...gosh!!! this is a thread for ARR"s album and if u wanna discuss on this,ur welcome,if not...summa irungepa!!

few guys here are calling other md's as retired md's...thats the reason why i came here!

who asked u to bring ilayaraja in arr forum man!

maddy is providing some data himself ...boys sales is more than all sales of ir after 00

whats this info...do u find any truth in this info......u ask us to keep quiet ....right?

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 10:52 AM
i dunno y ARR is standing up for Ilayaraja.....what happens if it is proved legally that there is some irregularity in IR's symphony????i dunno y ARR is not minding his own business......

music is not a legal document man! :evil: .

arr :clap:

Scale
1st May 2006, 11:22 AM
Thanks Vysar for the link.

When exactly it was done? How can ARR listened to it, if not involved?

yes vysar you can be proud for ARR is one of those fortunate souls to have listened that Symphony :)
Atleast now ARR fans will stop bad mouthing about this unreleased symphony 8-)

Hope IR fans shut their mouth permanently!:wink: ARR extends his loyality towards MSV,IR & encouraging notes towards young, upcoming MD's in every occassion. ARR :thumbsup: :clap: romba periya manasu sir ungalukku.

Whoever it is (IR or ARR), No imaginary credits without listening to any album & thats ofcourse Symphony :roll:!

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 11:38 AM

few guys here are calling other md's as retired md's...thats the reason why i came here!

who asked u to bring ilayaraja in arr forum man!

maddy is providing some data himself ...boys sales is more than all sales of ir after 00

whats this info...do u find any truth in this info......u ask us to keep quiet ....right?

i cant comment on this whether its right or wrong coz im not in the audio sales bussines 100%...if i say yes...u would start askign the source...and there will go another 2 pages on this....if i say no,its not true...u would ask me to keep my gapz close :lol: start jumping on Maddy and giving bad image on ARR fans...probably Maddy has some source to this....but i seriously dun have to say which is right.....but 1 thing for sure...i have the rights to ask u to keep away the 'bashing ARR' talk here....and u will clearly know y;););)

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 11:39 AM
i dont bash arr at all :huh:

i said arr movie selection is not great

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 11:41 AM
its not dinesh...do u say boys sale crossed the sales of virumaandi,mumbai express,azhagi,sethu,pithamagan etc?

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 11:49 AM
its not dinesh...do u say boys sale crossed the sales of virumaandi,mumbai express,azhagi,sethu,pithamagan etc?

all i know Boys sales figure is huge....infact it was ARR's best since 2000,why even untill now....and knowing ARR's market is really wide...that HUGE of ARR will really mean its HUGE....;);)..but if its true....some websites would already carry this news no...anywayz...untill maddy coments on this...lets drop it & not drag it to another few pages and divert this thread!! back to it guyz!!!

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 11:51 AM
ok..if maddy has got the source..he would have posted with source!

its just a rubbish comment!

just move on!

MADDY
1st May 2006, 04:53 PM
nilavu, i'm not getting the boys link....but here's Ayutha Ezhuthu link-->

http://www.tamilcinema.dk/news/details.asp?newsid=47

read wat it says.....

Normally a hit Tamil audio sale is around 40,000 to 50,000 units sold over a period of three months. The first three-day audio sales have crossed the magic figure of 1 lakh!

soon i'll bring u the link for Boys as well......bye for now...

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 05:03 PM
[tscii:91873cb952]here is boys link :

“Boys" audio revives the music industry!

Friday, 25 July , 2003, 11:56

By Moviebuzz
As rumours are making the rounds that director Shankar and A.R.Rahman have split, the audio of Boys are chartbusters and have revived the audio industry.

A spokesperson of Star Music Audio company told Sify.com: “The audio of Boys is doing amazing business. We had initially ordered for 60,000 casettes but within 20 days we have already sold over 1, 50, 000 cassettes and CD’s!”

Suddenly Boys has become the largest selling cassette in the last two years and may change the fortunes of the music industry. And once the film releases, the sales are sure to go up. The numbers in the album like “Dating”, “Boyfriend”, and “Boom Boom” are already on the lips of the youngsters.

Three cheers to that great Shankar- Rahman combination. Lets hope that they shake hands and make up and give us more peppy chartbusters in future.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13208728[/tscii:91873cb952]

and this is just the 20 day sale ....now its 3 years already...enna figurenu nenechale bayama iruke :wink: :wink:

MADDY
1st May 2006, 05:31 PM
a special thnx dinesh as i had lost the link somewhere.... :D

nilavu, i'm just telling u that Rahman is doin his part......if movies flop he cant help much.......i dunt know y u bought IR here...

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 05:45 PM
u must not have hyped it by sayin "more tha all the casseette sales of ir post 2000" :rotfl:

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 05:46 PM
a special thnx dinesh as i had lost the link somewhere.... :D

nilavu, i'm just telling u that Rahman is doin his part......if movies flop he cant help much.......i dunt know y u bought IR here...

u only brought ir there!..i dint..

enaku theriyadha enna..boys nalla sales nu!

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 05:47 PM
sakarakatti ku all the best...bye

rayan36
1st May 2006, 07:27 PM
[tscii:14851cbfd9]A R Rahman in support of Maestro May 01, 2006

You cannot miss A.R. Rahman at an event. There is always the customary adrenalin-charged atmosphere when he walks in although the guy himself is cool as cucumber. He attended the launch of Sakkarakkatti. What is special about this film is that it would be a collaboration between two second-generation film folks. K. Bhagyaraj’s son, Shantanu, makes his debut as hero while the director is Prabu, son of noted producer Thanu. Kalaippuli Thanu is the producer. Talking about his association with the project, ARR said that he had known both Bhagyaraj and Thanu and was excited to be part of the project.

Asked why he did not do many films in Tamil of late, he said that the banner and the director were the most important criteria. He worked with people with whom he shared a good vibe. He was quite happy to be doing Jillendru oru kadhal, Sivaji and Sakkarakkatti. All the three were very special to him.

On the international front, he would be doing the sequel for Shekar Kapur’s Oscar-winning Elizabeth. He was planning to start work on his religious album which would be produced and marketed by KM Music.

Asked to comment on the Tiruvachagam controversy, he vehemently claimed that it was simply ridiculous to blame Raja. He had heard the symphony and it bore the stamp of Raja’s genius.

That’s Rahman for you. Humble and respectful of seniors.

[/tscii:14851cbfd9]

Looks like 10A is not on the list, well u lose some you gain :wink: :wink: some :wink:

Djpak
1st May 2006, 07:57 PM
IR need ARR support at this time boys ;)

njv
1st May 2006, 07:58 PM
[tscii:bf29cb9eef]
Asked to comment on the Tiruvachagam controversy, he vehemently claimed that it was simply ridiculous to blame Raja. He had heard the symphony and it bore the stamp of Raja’s genius.
:thumbsup: my respect for ARR only grows each day (like his songs :D )[/tscii:bf29cb9eef]

terminator
2nd May 2006, 04:26 PM
C this link

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2006/may/020506.asp

july
2nd May 2006, 05:25 PM
Stop this IR vs ARR nonsense..even their not fight each other..
this fan tholai periya tholai... always doing fantasy fight ..LoL :lol:

lets talk about this album.... Sakkarakatti in this thread...

btw..is this album will be released by this year ?? :roll:

Djpak
2nd May 2006, 05:32 PM
Movie poja has go' on for some days ago soo, I think there is time

Ramakrishna
2nd May 2006, 09:07 PM
I feel Indiaglitz did not show the full video of the interview of ARR.Can anyone post an alternative video link?

m_23_bayarea
2nd May 2006, 11:34 PM
[tscii:ab9946f9a3]

:thumbsup: my respect for ARR only grows each day (like his songs :D )[/tscii:ab9946f9a3]

You made my day NJV !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

lancelot
3rd May 2006, 01:54 AM
[tscii:58e50a112a]

:thumbsup: my respect for ARR only grows each day (like his songs :D )[/tscii:58e50a112a]

You made my day NJV !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

what's this Tiruvachagam controversy???

hehe
:D

m_23_bayarea
3rd May 2006, 02:09 AM
Lance, I guess this is it ... :D

[tscii:a8e6f6d484]Ilayaraja’s magnanimity
March 31, 2006

Two professors have said that the symphony music of Maestro Ilayaraja has not been composed by him at all. While Raja kept a studied silence, Velu Prabhakaran, the atheist who gave you movies like Kadavul, goes vehemently in favour of Ilayaraja. “I don’t believe in God but when I see Ilayaraja I know what it would be to believe in God. I don’t understand why people target a holy man like him. He has music in his blood. Whether he knows music and whether he has composed the symphony music can be guessed by the type of music he has given us so far.” Well said, Velu Prabhakaran.

[/tscii:a8e6f6d484]

lancelot
3rd May 2006, 03:03 AM
Lance, I guess this is it ... :D

[tscii:2eb2a354e6]Ilayaraja’s magnanimity
March 31, 2006

Two professors have said that the symphony music of Maestro Ilayaraja has not been composed by him at all. While Raja kept a studied silence, Velu Prabhakaran, the atheist who gave you movies like Kadavul, goes vehemently in favour of Ilayaraja. “I don’t believe in God but when I see Ilayaraja I know what it would be to believe in God. I don’t understand why people target a holy man like him. He has music in his blood. Whether he knows music and whether he has composed the symphony music can be guessed by the type of music he has given us so far.” Well said, Velu Prabhakaran.

[/tscii:2eb2a354e6]

Two professors think it's by someonw else?? how stupid, am sure it's by Ilayaraja... if it was not by him am sure he would have pointed it out....

professors are always stupid

hehe

rayan36
3rd May 2006, 10:36 AM
Well, at least some new directors knew ARR's magic :roll: :roll:

slperson1
7th May 2006, 09:10 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/movies/movies9/sakkara-katti/index.html

Interesting promo shots

Scale
8th May 2006, 11:10 AM
As Usual, ARR has to carry solely on his shoulders. Hope it wont be another E20U18, KKS,KV,Boys movie-wise. Did he sign only for K.Dhanu? :banghead:

svaisn
8th May 2006, 06:26 PM
Neednt be scale

there have been beautiful and BO Hit new face hero heroine...

U ant judge people by exp nowadays :-)

Dragun
6th July 2006, 08:25 AM
So is this film still on or what?

july
20th July 2006, 09:46 PM
So is this film still on or what?

lolz..wondering same here :lol:
no news about this movie .. :roll:

ajaybaskar
14th October 2006, 10:52 AM
Re: [arr]i have news on sakkarakatti

hi all fellas i had been to chennai..
My friend's friend is a friend(he he)of shantanu,son of bhagyaraj who is the hero of the film....THAT friend is also gonna play a small role in the film..
NOW THE NEWS IS THAT THE FILM IS SOMETHING LIKE "GREASE"the john travolta film with 6 songs...THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME...BUT MR RAHMAN IS REALLY BUSY WITH SIVAAJI AND GURU..SO no songs of that movie have been recorded yet....OKIE BYEEE

Coutesy: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/67312

baba88
18th October 2006, 12:43 AM
On Deewali Day there will be a Making of Sakkarakatti show and an Interview with A.R.Rahman on SS Music. So it would be great if anybody could records the shows. Thanks

ajaybaskar
18th October 2006, 10:19 AM
Making of Sakkarakattiya? Padatha eduthu mudichutaangala?

billrafeek
4th November 2006, 03:07 PM
[tscii:5411be0928]Last week A.R.Rahman decided to chill out at the Taj Fishermen Cove on East Coast Road on the Chennai-Mahabalipuram route.

For Rahman it was work cum relaxation as he was composing two songs for his forthcoming film Kalaipuli S.Thanu’s Chakkarakatti. It is a youth film and the launch pad of K.Bhagyaraj’s son Shantanu.

Rahman took his own time to compose the numbers as wanted to give it a peppy young feel. In fact lyricist Pa Vijay was asked to re-write the lyrics to make the song better.

Meanwhile the buzz is that the introductory song for Rajnikanth in Sivaji is said to be rocking. The superstar is said to have called up Rahman and congratulated him.

Rahman works best with people whom he is comfortable with and there is no one better than Shankar! The Shankar-Rahman combo is one of the biggest success stories in Tamil film audio history. [/tscii:5411be0928]

Ramakrishna
20th January 2007, 09:08 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/11417.html

sat_srini
25th January 2007, 07:35 PM
[tscii:478316ee54]On location: Sakkara Katti
Thursday January 25 2007 08:19 IST

On location of Sakkara Katti at the sprawling Film City campus, you feel as if you have stepped into a college.

Dozens of smart young girls, dressed in casual skirts, jeans and tiniest of t-shirts hang around in groups, while a group of guys dressed in fawn coloured leggins and tops look as if they are part of the college cricket team.

However, when hero Shantanu, son of Poornima and Bhagiaraj, strolls over the cricket bats are put away, passions cool down. The boys and girls, who are the group dancers in the song sequence turn thoroughly professional, rehearsing the steps one last time before the camera starts rolling. The song Jhalak jhalak un nenjil is being picturised on Shantanu and Ishita Sharma.

Director Kala Prabhu goes over the scene with his assistants, who are totting a couple of writing pads, while Ishita, one of the two heroines of the film charms everyone with a huge smile that never quite leaves her face.

The Mumbai girl is debuting in a Tamil film and we give the director a hard time as to why he chose her. ‘‘Her skin tone,’’ he says, looking sheepish like someone caught while giving proxy for his friend.

Prabhu has taken a round-about route to his dream job, since his father producer Kalaipuli Thanu was not all that keen on films being a family business. Prabhu, who worked in Pentamedia as a graphics artiste, cut a couple of music albums and made it clear to his dad that showbiz was in his blood. And, when the youthful love story came along his way, Prabhu was able to convince his father to let him direct the movie.

The film is almost complete and only a couple of songs are pending. Shot in Chennai and Bangalore, the film is likely to release soon. Music is by A R Rahman.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEE20070124215751&Page=E&Title=Startrek&Topic=246[/tscii:478316ee54]

sat_srini
25th January 2007, 09:28 PM
[tscii:bcaf5d9c03]Sakrakatti nearing completion

January 25, 2007

S.Thaanu’s V Creation is producing a movie titled Sakrakatti under the direction of Kalaaprabhu. Actor-cum-director Bhagyaraj’s son Santhanu is playing the leading role. There are two heroines in this movie.

Vedhika is one and the other is a newcomer. This movie’s shooting is scheduled to finish within 60 days. 48 days of shooting is over and two more song sequences are yet to be shot. The film’s music is by A.R.Rahman. The man behind the camera is J. Andrews.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/7585/news/Sakrakatti.html[/tscii:bcaf5d9c03]

sat_srini
26th January 2007, 04:34 AM
Romance with graphics

The venue is MGR film city. As one enters the sets of V. Creations's `Chakarakatti,' there is a small bridge in green background. The floor is white and the hero Santanu Bhagyaraj and heroine Ishita are clad in black clothes. A little odd, one thought as the costume didn't seem to synchronise with the ambience. I. Andrew cranks the shot and the team adjourns for lunch. During the break, director Kalaa Prabhu explains that none of the background will appear in the film. Why then bother with the shoot?

"Basically it is a fantasy song and the artists are made to dance to the steps of master Shobhi. The green that you see here will be replaced by graphics," elaborates Kalaa Prabhu. Kalaa, incidentally, is his mother's name. ``We are going to shoot the second BGM (Back Ground Music) with many junior artists and the scene is going to be enchanting with with all these people dancing behind the lead pair. The art director Jackshan has worked wonders in this film," he adds.

Santanu Bhagyaraj is quite confident although now and then he has an attack of the nerves. "The story as told by director Kalaa Prabu appealed to me, mainly because of the powerful storyline and the way the director has done the screenplay. Two heroines are there in the film and I like not only my character but also the other important characters, each of which has been beautifully chiselled by the director. I'm doing according to the director's instructions but feel nervous some times," he says.

Parents' footsteps

He is happy to follow in the footsteps of his parents. "Father does not come to the set while mother has come to the location but not inside the set. She would spend some time with me in the room or van and would leave. So I am having a whale of a time with my two heroines."

So what's the story all about? Love story, of course but not one of the routine ones, according to Kalaa Prabhu.

"There is glamour but no sex. This film will not make viewers squirm in their seats," he says.

"Both Ishita and Vedika are from Mumbai. Ishita has acted in two Hindi films while Vedika has worked in the film `Madarasi' starring Arjun. They have done a good job."

A.R.Rahman scores the music while the story, screenplay, dialogue and direction are by Kalaa Prabhu. Thanu, father of director Prabhu, is the producer.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2007/01/26/stories/2007012600180400.htm

rayan36
1st February 2007, 08:40 PM
[tscii:4a3212e31d]College students to go gaga over Rahman’s tunes

By Behindwoods News Bureau.

February 01, 2007

This news is sponsored by www.behindbikes.com

Chakkara Katti is an upcoming feature film with Shantanu Bhagyaraj in the lead role. This film is being directed by Kala Prabhu who is the son of producer Kalaipuli S Thanu. Prabhu has specialized in the study of graphics. He has worked with Scotland graphics experts who were responsible for special effects in Aalavandan.

While talking about Chakkara Katti, his maiden directorial venture, Prabhu states that it is all about love in college and naturally would be welcomed by all college goers. He has clearly targeted youth population as his audience and the film will have all the elements to entice this group.

Another bright and strong feature about this film is its music being composed by A R Rahman. Prabhu is naturally upbeat and proud to rope in Rahman to score music for his debut venture. According to him, as Rahman was impressed with the storyline, he agreed immediately. He is said to have enjoyed himself while scoring music for Chakkara Katti.

[/tscii:4a3212e31d]

rayan36
1st February 2007, 08:41 PM
[tscii:c6cb550e98]College students to go gaga over Rahman’s tunes

February 01, 2007

Chakkara Katti is an upcoming feature film with Shantanu Bhagyaraj in the lead role. This film is being directed by Kala Prabhu who is the son of producer Kalaipuli S Thanu. Prabhu has specialized in the study of graphics. He has worked with Scotland graphics experts who were responsible for special effects in Aalavandan.

While talking about Chakkara Katti, his maiden directorial venture, Prabhu states that it is all about love in college and naturally would be welcomed by all college goers. He has clearly targeted youth population as his audience and the film will have all the elements to entice this group.

Another bright and strong feature about this film is its music being composed by A R Rahman. Prabhu is naturally upbeat and proud to rope in Rahman to score music for his debut venture. According to him, as Rahman was impressed with the storyline, he agreed immediately. He is said to have enjoyed himself while scoring music for Chakkara Katti.

[/tscii:c6cb550e98]

A.ANAND
2nd February 2007, 08:43 AM
appa ennuro 'boys' ready!!???boys movie mathiri agama iruntha sari :)

thineshan54321
2nd February 2007, 11:52 PM
I saw some screenshots, most shots had graphical background. Hope it doesnt turn out like a cartoon. I also came across news that this movie has VERY youthful and romantic songs. This reminds me of kadhal desam. Lets hope Rahman pulls out atleast a mustafa or a kalluri saalai or ennai kanavillaiyas.

baba88
3rd February 2007, 12:24 AM
Thinesh where did you see the screenshots ? Please give us the link.

thineshan54321
3rd February 2007, 10:35 AM
its in behindwoods sorry i am in a hurry, go to behindwoods, gallery movies

muzammil_fr
25th February 2007, 02:48 AM
Guys it's first time A ARR Movie come without so much Hype, hope we will have anything about that soon.

kb
25th February 2007, 08:35 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/movies/movies9/sakkara-katti/index.html

these are just promos stills ..

movie is gonna be really youthful :D

ajaybaskar
26th February 2007, 01:55 PM
No idea abt the audio release?

Kumar2020
3rd March 2007, 12:18 PM
Shantanu Bhagyaraj stressed due to A R Rahman
March 03, 2007
Though K Bhagyaraj is an established director himself, he was zealous about his son Shantanu getting launched by Shankar or Mani Ratnam. But when an opportunity came in the form of Kalaipuli Thanu's son, he weighed the pros and cons and decided that Chakkara Katti will be an ideal film for Shantanu to glide

shantanu
into Kollywood. But unfortunately the film is getting prolonged for an extended period of time. Isaipuyal A R Rahman seems to be an important factor contributing to this delay.

Though Rahman agreed to score music for the film as he immensely liked the young team and the story, his assignments at Hollywood and Bollywood do not permit him to complete the scores for Chakkara Katti. Till date only one song has been recorded for the film. The crew is waiting for Rahman to do the scores fully. Meanwhile Shantanu has been approached by different production houses. But as he is bound by the agreement that he has signed with the producer of this film, he is not able to commit himself to other films. Shantanu sure is in dire state.

Ramakrishna
3rd March 2007, 01:28 PM
:shock: :cry:

MADDY
3rd March 2007, 06:15 PM
The news may not be 100% true but it does tell u the Calendar Mess, Rahman is in.........he should be ruthless in telling a "no"...........instead, if he accept it, then only bad name is wat he gets......

see, if this film gets delayed too much and if it flops, Bagyaraj will start claiming Rahman's delay only has spoiled his son's career...... :cry: ........

(btw, ARR has been known for his delays for such projects, still y ppl. come after him?? they cud have approached a HJ or YSR, who can give them faster output)

A.ANAND
3rd March 2007, 09:16 PM
The news may not be 100% true but it does tell u the Calendar Mess, Rahman is in.........he should be ruthless in telling a "no"...........instead, if he accept it, then only bad name is wat he gets......

see, if this film gets delayed too much and if it flops, Bagyaraj will start claiming Rahman's delay only has spoiled his son's career...... :cry: ........

(btw, ARR has been known for his delays for such projects, still y ppl. come after him?? they cud have approached a HJ or YSR, who can give them faster output) :yes: athane!!

muzammil_fr
4th March 2007, 01:23 AM
Guys Before 3 month's ago or more then that, we don't heard that there was 2 songs which complite, and now ARR start Kajri, he will not Kajri before Complite SK, so it can't be treu as Maddy said.

Dragun
4th March 2007, 03:03 AM
I don't trust Behindwoods for cinema news. What they "report" is often never reported anywhere else.

mahen01
4th March 2007, 05:20 AM

see, if this film gets delayed too much and if it flops, Bagyaraj will start claiming Rahman's delay only has spoiled his son's career...... ........

(btw, ARR has been known for his delays for such projects, still y ppl. come after him?? they cud have approached a HJ or YSR, who can give them faster output)

Why cant ARR Say no to Bolliwood movies and concentrate more on Tamil? Is he in love with Hindi?

Wibha
4th March 2007, 05:42 AM

see, if this film gets delayed too much and if it flops, Bagyaraj will start claiming Rahman's delay only has spoiled his son's career...... ........

Why cant ARR Say no to Bolliwood movies and concentrate more on Tamil? Is he in love with Hindi?

wats rong in doing Hindi movies? wen he's able to do it well he can do it.ders nothing like he loves hindi or anything.

dinesh2002
4th March 2007, 08:04 AM

why shouldnt he ?? who is appriciating him more?? when he is so succesful in hindi, his songs beein nominated for Oscars,won dozens of awards for Rang De Basanti, From Best MD in GIFA & Filmfare, songs beein awarded song of the year in various channels... check out this mad person asking this Q in tamil industry :

Thenali Online
AR Rehman's music is not so bright nowadays?
http://www.cinesouth.com/

now... u tell me... what ARR is doing is it wrong??!!

mahen01
4th March 2007, 09:09 AM
I was responding to maddy's "but it does tell u the Calendar Mess, Rahman is in.........he should be ruthless in telling a "no" - to tamil movies" Quote.
My response is why should he say no to tamil movies insted of Hindi movies?.

Dinesh - I couldnt read that cinesouth link. But personely Thenali is not one of my favourite. you assume that sentence was written by a tfm fan who is egarly waiting to see rahman back to old form in TFM. at that time he was not giving his best to TFM.

I live in Australia. I know lot of North Indians in here. Most of them dont appriciate Rahman's music (they might say its hindi music if aussies likes it, but they dont give the credit to rahman). Their response is "he is just another muslim. He might be the best in the south but for us (north) There are lot of mds who is doing far better than him".

But we Tamils want to see Rahman giving his best to Tamil films than hindi. We dont seperate him by his religion. We see him as one of us... a Tamil. So when he do music for TFM expectations are high. We expect something better than the one he gave to hindi. when he doesnt stant up to the expectations naturaly some people get dissappointed.

Rahman's recent releses Varalaru and JOK did stand up to the expectations. Especially JOK. You must understand one thing. It is the Tamil people who appriciates and admire Rahman, not North Indians.

Ofcourse we also like Ilayaraja, Yuvan, Harisjeyaraj, Vs, and Joshua Sridar. They are also giving good music to TFM. Rahman doesnt accept many tamil movies anyway.

dinesh2002
4th March 2007, 09:52 AM
I was responding to maddy's "but it does tell u the Calendar Mess, Rahman is in.........he should be ruthless in telling a "no" - to tamil movies" Quote.
My response is why should he say no to tamil movies insted of Hindi movies?.

Dinesh - I couldnt read that cinesouth link. But personely Thenali is not one of my favourite. you assume that sentence was written by a tfm fan who is egarly waiting to see rahman back to old form in TFM. at that time he was not giving his best to TFM.

I live in Australia. I know lot of North Indians in here. Most of them dont appriciate Rahman's music (they might say its hindi music if aussies likes it, but they dont give the credit to rahman). Their response is "he is just another muslim. He might be the best in the south but for us (north) There are lot of mds who is doing far better than him".

But we Tamils want to see Rahman giving his best to Tamil films than hindi. We dont seperate him by his religion. We see him as one of us... a Tamil. So when he do music for TFM expectations are high. We expect something better than the one he gave to hindi. when he doesnt stant up to the expectations naturaly some people get dissappointed.

Rahman's recent releses Varalaru and JOK did stand up to the expectations. Especially JOK. You must understand one thing. It is the Tamil people who appriciates and admire Rahman, not North Indians.

Ofcourse we also like Ilayaraja, Yuvan, Harisjeyaraj, Vs, and Joshua Sridar. They are also giving good music to TFM. Rahman doesnt accept many tamil movies anyway.

guess for those kinda north indians,they r beeing abit racist there... they r degrading him becoz he is a tamilan...Madrasi... i think its a whole diff thing in Mumbai... i belive that is... if not his songs couldnt have got the awards & all...

Mahen, there are very few tamilans who r supporting ARR now ... the rest, been trashing about ARR... ever since the HJ,YSR & VS r doing good job... they were bashing ARR right & left... when the fact they know ARR is still the trend setter... a good example, did u saw the SWAT analisis for Sivaji.... ARR was placed as a WEAK POINT for Shivaji.... where is the support we need from a tamilan there??? for instance, when a fren of mine heard SiluSilkum Silmishi... he went on telling " ARR is so dried out...check out he copied his own song "... and i was " thats not ARR...its Joshua ".... he kept quiet... and many said SOK songs r below average when its an excellent album... well... lets see wuts the TAMILAN's comment on Shivaji....

Hulkster
4th March 2007, 10:46 AM
Dinesh mahen is right..have you seen the galatta/sify chat by shankar with fans after the release of anniyan..most of them lambasted him for not using ARR..Many people do appreciate ARR here..dunt be misguided by the people in hub..about 20 to 30 ARR dislikers cant beat the amount of ARR fans in tamilnadu :exactly:

mahen01
4th March 2007, 12:42 PM
and many said SOK songs r below average when its an excellent album ... If many tamils feel SOK below average It wouldnt have been a smash hit (music is smash hit not the movie).

I know that in ARR vs IR or HJ YSR fight both parties smash each other. In real life its different. In hub like this if they fight for 1 md they must smash the other md.

I know you are a hardcore ARR fan. But If HJ comeup with a good music for a movie.. will u appriciate him or still smash him? I guess in real life you will appriciate and will enjoy the song. In HJ vs ARR You will keep saying 1st song is not good. 2 song sound like arr and ARR's last album is 1000 times better than this album.

So dont judge people from this stupid sites. Ofcourse there are people who realy hate some mds for some personal reasons... for example the North Indians I knew - they hate him because he is muslim and from south. You cant do anything about them.
[/quote]

mahen01
4th March 2007, 12:42 PM
and many said SOK songs r below average when its an excellent album ... If many tamils feel SOK below average It wouldnt have been a smash hit (music is smash hit not the movie).

I know that in ARR vs IR or HJ YSR fight both parties smash each other. In real life its different. In hub like this if they fight for 1 md they must smash the other md.

I know you are a hardcore ARR fan. But If HJ comeup with a good music for a movie.. will u appriciate him or still smash him? I guess in real life you will appriciate and will enjoy the song. In HJ vs ARR You will keep saying 1st song is not good. 2 song sound like arr and ARR's last album is 1000 times better than this album.

So dont judge people from this stupid sites. Ofcourse there are people who realy hate some mds for some personal reasons... for example the North Indians I knew - they hate him because he is muslim and from south. You cant do anything about them.
[/quote]

mahen01
4th March 2007, 12:43 PM

[/quote]

dinesh2002
4th March 2007, 04:04 PM
Mahen... no ...i appriciate every Md's songs... despite who composed it... lately,ive been very hooked to Perunthil - Pori , Aiyoyo - Paruthi Veeran , Unnakul Naan - PKMC, Mudhal Naal & Vaigasi Nilave - UU .... think been listenin to them more than 20 times....just coz my icon is ARR doesnt mean i only listen to his songs... :) ... anywayz... lets see if Sakarakatti will give us a BOYS kinda album... haha.... ;)

thimuru
4th March 2007, 04:21 PM

[/quote]

what a logic...

sharuk khan,salman khan,aamir khan ....all are muslims i suppose!

A.ANAND
4th March 2007, 06:16 PM

what a logic...

sharuk khan,salman khan,aamir khan ....all are muslims i suppose![/quote] :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup: Abdul kalam kuda muslim than athukkaga avaraiyum veruthiduvanngala!!! all arr fans'um rahman tamil neraya movie pannanum'innu asaithan,athukkaga music fieldla jathi patti ellam oru karanamapesa kudathu,athu kevalam.
yaaru sila 'vaitherical'mannargal pannara velai ithu :oops:south and north A.R.R IS THE BEST :D

A.ANAND
4th March 2007, 06:32 PM
hindi'iku ponathalathan innaikku international alavukku poga mudijathu.tamilmovie'ye panna 'kundu sattiyila kuthara otta vendiyathuthan'.ippa neraya md in tfmla athan panni kittu irukannga!!

MADDY
4th March 2007, 07:23 PM
guys guys, this is a very interesting topic and it comes up again and again.........having lived in both parts of India - South and West(north), i can confidently tell its the North where ARRahman is stronger.......... 8-) ........

in south, esp tamil, just bcos his movies are doing bad, they have started comparing him with YSR and HJ........there are also many ppl., who say YSR & HJ is better than ARR..........omg, they are so eager to slot him below these young turks........whereas in Hindi, though himesh and Pritam are doing great, still they say - ARR is a legend, dont compare him with these guys........see, ARR has a space in Hindi which he doesent have in tamil........IR has that sort of space in Tamil, like, no one dares to compare him with HJ and YSR........but ARR doesent, which is pretty insulting.........

also, i would like to quote here, it was ARR's popularity in the north which made Tamil critics/media shut their mouths and a**es up........i would attribute most of ARR's success/fame to south indian fans, but north indian fans only have escalated it to a new level.........have u seen ARR-Yahoo grp, ARR-Orkut grp??? North indian share is a major part there...... 8-)

btw, FYI, though ARR is a muslim, it was under BJP's rule that he got 2 NA......... 8-) .....there are some ppl. who are beyond religion/region barriers.......ARR is one of them......

great
4th March 2007, 07:38 PM
hindi'iku ponathalathan innaikku international alavukku poga mudijathu.tamilmovie'ye panna 'kundu sattiyila kuthara otta vendiyathuthan'.ippa neraya md in tfmla athan panni kittu irukannga!!

North IndiaLa thaanae hindi pesuvaanga :huh: solratha paatha hindi vera entha countryLa pesara mathiri solreenga. Enga irukOmgarathu mukiyam illa eppadi music podrOm athu thaan mukiyam.

dinesh2002
4th March 2007, 07:45 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

A.ANAND
5th March 2007, 07:39 AM
PODARA VITHAI NALLA VITHAIYA IRUNTHA ENTHA MANNULAYUM MULAIKIM..EXAMPLE:'ENGGAL IYHAYA THEIVAM'ANNAL A.R.RAHMAN ONLY :D :clap:

Hulkster
5th March 2007, 10:00 AM
A.Anand sir neenga pesuruthu paarthaal ARR arasiyal katchi thalaivar poley theriyuraar :D

A.ANAND
5th March 2007, 04:32 PM
A.Anand sir neenga pesuruthu paarthaal ARR arasiyal katchi thalaivar poley theriyuraar :Dkanavu kanunggal innu abl.kaalam solliyirukkar,yaaru kandathu oru nalai'ikku engga thalaivar abd.kaalam mathiri agalam.[ithu romba ovara theriyutha :lol: ]kanuvu kanunggal :D

rayan36
5th March 2007, 08:36 PM
avaraiyavathu vidhuvainga paa :lol: :lol:

thineshan54321
21st April 2007, 10:49 PM
is this film shelved? enna aaachu? no news! no stills! no audio release date!! aiyoo, good thing sivaji is here.

A.ANAND
22nd April 2007, 01:09 PM
is this film shelved? enna aaachu? no news! no stills! no audio release date!! aiyoo, good thing sivaji is here.nop!!!this film still going on.i read vethika[heroine sakkarakatti] interview in vikatan mag. she says'i'am great fan of ar.rahman,and sakkarakatti songs will rocking!

thineshan54321
28th April 2007, 08:43 PM
any other interviews? news etc? For some reason this movie is not being promoted properly. I know the songs in this movie will be pukka youth! I think it will be like kadhal Desam in Boys style!

Guess_Me
9th May 2007, 05:27 PM
Rs 35 lakhs spent on filming AR Rahman's song
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/may-07-02/09-05-07-sakkarakatti.html

Sakkara Katti will be the launch-pad for Kala Prabu and Shanthanu, sons of two established biggies in Kollywood. While the former, the director of the movie is the son of producer Kalaipuli S Dhanu, the latter happens to be actor Bhagyaraj's son.

Their maiden venture is not only a youthful subject but the entrire team is full of youngsters as well.

A R Rahman has scored the music for Sakkara Katti, and three songs have already been recorded. One of the songs that was filmed recently cost the producer Rs. 35 lakhs. The producer is full of praises for the team and is in awe with the way they have been working. "Rahman's tunes are just amazing. The picturization has come out very well. The song will be the talk of the town", says Kalaipuli S Dhanu.

Speaking on his son's venture the veteran producer said : "I am proud of my son. The amount of hardwork, commitment and dedication that he shows is unbelievable." One more to the list of proud fathers in Kollywood.

Sakkara Katti will be A.R.Rahman's next album after his big hit Sivaji. Expectations among his fans are feverishly high.

selvakumar
9th May 2007, 06:31 PM
Sakkara Katti will be the launch-pad for Kala Prabu and Shanthanu, sons of two established biggies in Kollywood. While the former, the director of the movie is the son of producer Kalaipuli S Dhanu, the latter happens to be actor Bhagyaraj's son.

Speaking on his son's venture the veteran producer said : "I am proud of my son. The amount of hardwork, commitment and dedication that he shows is unbelievable." One more to the list of proud fathers in Kollywood.

Sakkara Katti will be A.R.Rahman's next album after his big hit Sivaji. Expectations among his fans are feverishly high.

:froggrin: :lol2: :noteeth:

dinesh2002
9th May 2007, 06:40 PM
Rs 35 lakhs spent on filming AR Rahman's song
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/may-07-02/09-05-07-sakkarakatti.html

Their maiden venture is not only a youthful subject but the entrire team is full of youngsters as well.

A R Rahman has scored the music for Sakkara Katti, and three songs have already been recorded. One of the songs that was filmed recently cost the producer Rs. 35 lakhs. The producer is full of praises for the team and is in awe with the way they have been working. "Rahman's tunes are just amazing. The picturization has come out very well. The song will be the talk of the town", says Kalaipuli S Dhanu.

:clap: :clap:

rayan36
9th May 2007, 09:28 PM
Ippatha 3 songs recorded, aiyoo :cry:

thineshan54321
9th May 2007, 11:50 PM
for every minute later Rahman takes, there will be a sound added or improved. So dont worry, just wait a little bit longer

MADDY
10th May 2007, 01:23 PM
for every minute later Rahman takes, there will be a sound added or improved. So dont worry, just wait a little bit longer

adhu seri --> panathha potta producer sollanum ithhha :yessir: ....

ivaru panna delay-naaladhaan, yen payyan career-ae spoil aiiduchhunnu endha "actor"-a pethha "prodcuer/director/MD" appanum sollama irundha seri :oops:

Yathu
10th May 2007, 05:01 PM

ivaru panna delay-naaladhaan, yen payyan career-ae spoil aiiduchhunnu endha "actor"-a pethha "prodcuer/director/MD" appanum sollama irundha seri :oops:

Yen producers maella ivalo paasum Maddy?

:confused2:

selvakumar
10th May 2007, 06:15 PM
Yen producers maella ivalo paasum Maddy?
:confused2:

:rotfl:

rayan36
10th May 2007, 06:24 PM
"Rahman's tunes are just amazing. The picturization has come out very well. The song will be the talk of the town", says Kalaipuli S Dhanu.

Sonnathey Producer than :wink:

ajaybaskar
12th May 2007, 06:57 PM

Already a similar thing happened after the E20U18 debacle. Jothikrishna pointed his fingers towards ARR for the failure of his "Classic". Thank god, he didnt do that to yuvan after Kedi's "Phenominal Success".. :lol:

A.ANAND
20th May 2007, 12:17 PM
[tscii:350d836ee7]'Sakkara Katti' is being produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu. Bhagyaraj's son Santanu makes his debut as hero and Thanu's son Kalaprabhu makes his debut as director. The film has been in the making for a long time. Music is by AR Rehman.

Hotnews!

Stay order on film 'Bali'
Trisha in Prakashraj's film!
'Sakkara Katti' waiting for Isai Puyal
Vishal under Mishkin's direction?
Mammootty gets murder threat – he gets police protection
'Shivaji' release postponed further
'Pithamagan' in Hindi?
'Karuppusamy Kuthagaikaarar' in the box office
'Naalaya Pozhudhu Unnodu' is complete family film
Sathyaraj-Radhika in an MGR song
Actress turns down Ajith film because of swimsuit!
Ameer in Kodaikanal
'Sivaji' gets U certificate
more...

When he was signed on, Rehman has told Kalaprabhu that he will start work only after completing 'Sivaji' songs and re-recording. "This is my first film. The hero is also new. Yours will be the only known name," said Kalaprabhu as he accepted Rehman's condition.

Like he said, he composed 2 songs. One has been recorded and also shot. Both songs have been written by Pa Vijay.

Vedika pairs up with Santanu. Young Kalaprabhu has worked in 'Sachein' and 'Thotti Jaya.' His assistants are also below 25. His original name is Prabhu. Since he is very fond of his mother, he has added her name to his and named himself Kalaprabhu.

Since AR Rehman has completed his work in 'Sivaji,' 'Sakkara Katti' is all set to take off.

[/tscii:350d836ee7]

prasana84
8th July 2007, 12:38 AM
youthfull subject nala songs wil rock

A.ANAND
8th July 2007, 11:02 AM
no any updet on this movie!!! :shock: boys mathiri ennoru youthfull album mathiri irunthu, oru kalakku kalakkanum,anaa album intha jennmathula varathu pola!! :(

prasana84
8th July 2007, 11:23 PM
no any updet on this movie!!! :shock: boys mathiri ennoru youthfull album mathiri irunthu, oru kalakku kalakkanum,anaa album intha jennmathula varathu pola!! :(
namma a.r.rahman album eppo varum yeppadi varumnae theriyathu ana vara vendiya nerathula crcta varum

A.ANAND
9th July 2007, 12:01 PM
namma a.r.rahman album eppo varum yeppadi varumnae theriyathu ana vara vendiya nerathula crcta varum5 varusham kalichi varama iruntha sari :roll:

Dragun
10th July 2007, 11:42 AM
namma a.r.rahman album eppo varum yeppadi varumnae theriyathu ana vara vendiya nerathula crcta varum

Late-a vandhaa, latest-a varum :D

july
10th July 2007, 06:13 PM
kasu illama , padam edutha ithu than nadakum...
Delay..Delay...Delay...

A.ANAND
11th July 2007, 11:07 AM

Late-a vandhaa, latest-a varum :Dintha dialoge-ye innum ethanai naalaikku-yya solluvingga!!!

Ramakrishna
11th July 2007, 11:30 AM

Late-a vandhaa, latest-a varum :Dintha dialoge-ye innum ethanai naalaikku-yya solluvingga!!!

audio vara varaikum :lol2:

lancelot
11th July 2007, 11:43 AM
do u think u guys can get some actual news about his movie... without jus saying stuff for the sake of saying them :lol: hehe...

come on guys... there mus be somthin going on...
nothing from ARRs side? any news at all?

hehe

prasana84
11th July 2007, 08:48 PM
Entha varrisham varum shivaji re-recording nala konjam delay ayirukkum. b'coz a.r.r takes time 4 composin. tamilla atm, sakarakkattithan entha varisham a.r.r ku

Yathu
18th July 2007, 03:47 PM
What is happening with this movie?

Why aren't they releasing news about it?

Haven't they wrapped up shooting already?
Are they trying to go overboard with the graphics, like Sivaji?

:rant:

rsubras
18th July 2007, 09:26 PM
romba naala thoongikittu iruntha intha thread la oru message pottu yaarupa thatti ezhupinathu :) avanga vaayila chakkarai katti ya than podanum.... :D

Sify has come up with a image gallery for Sakkara katti and says Rahman has come up with some mesmerizing tunes :) Last week than director ah koopitu namma thalaivar oru sooper paatu pottu kodutharam....

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14494505

A.ANAND
19th July 2007, 03:14 PM
romba naala thoongikittu iruntha intha thread la oru message pottu yaarupa thatti ezhupinathu :) avanga vaayila chakkarai katti ya than podanum.... :D

Sify has come up with a image gallery for Sakkara katti and says Rahman has come up with some mesmerizing tunes :) Last week than director ah koopitu namma thalaivar oru sooper paatu pottu kodutharam....

http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14494505
IPPATHAN DIRECTOR-RA KUPITTU ORU SONGS PANNI IRUKKRA?? :( BAKI SONGS ELLAM INTHA JENMATHILA VARUMA?? :lol:

Yathu
19th July 2007, 04:27 PM
I thought they already finished shooting this movie....... :|

Vaz
19th July 2007, 05:40 PM
Apparently 3 songs have been completed so far by ARR... So I'm not expecting anything before Diwali 07.

Eager to listen to another album by ARR!!!

thineshan54321
21st July 2007, 08:40 AM
i think azhagiya thamil magan will be here before that.
I think that too is a diwali release as vijay's movies release during festival seasons. Solets hope they release the album this august or something.

dinesh2002
21st July 2007, 07:47 PM
[tscii:f0ce289bc2] Bhagyaraj impressed by script for his son
July 21, 2007
Veteran director K Bhagyaraj’s son Shantanu will be seen in a film titled Vilayattu Pillai directed by Sanjay Ram and produced by Sundar Theatre Works. When the director had narrated the script, Bhagyaraj is reported to have been floored by it and instantly agreed to make Shantanu the hero.

Chakkara Katti
According to him, the story will accurately depict the life style of today’s youth. Meanwhile the first film of Shantanu called Chakkara Katti is nearing completion and would be ready to hit the screen soon.http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/july-07-03/21-07-07-bhagyaraj.html[/tscii:f0ce289bc2]

Ramakrishna
30th July 2007, 01:41 PM
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=941982032&size=l

dinesh2002
31st July 2007, 04:37 PM
Sakkaraikatti- Worthy Storyline

July 31, 2007

Sakkaraikatti is director Kala Prabhu (Producer Kalai Puli S.Thanu's son) and Santhanu's (director K. Bhagyaraj's son) debut on the silver screen.

The story of Sakkaraikatti is about the love that blossoms between a boy and a girl who live in the same neighbourhood. The movie gives no message about love or opinions about anything. Viewers have to arrive at judgements according to things that appeal to them.

A.R. Rahman, impressed by the story, has agreed to compose the music for this movie. Director Kala Prabhu has earlier directed quite a few short films.

Vedika is selected as heroine opposite Santhanu in Sakkaraikatti.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/9967/news/Sakkaraikatti.html

Vaz
31st July 2007, 05:06 PM
Considering the number of news items about the movie (though redundant)... maybe we can expect something by september/october.... ATM and Sakarakatti!!! Hopefully two albums releasing without a big gap between them... something that hasn't
happened for a while in Tamil! We are in for a treat by the Boss guys!

coucou
31st July 2007, 05:30 PM
Considering the number of news items about the movie (though redundant)... maybe we can expect something by september/october.... ATM and Sakarakatti!!! Hopefully two albums releasing without a big gap between them... something that hasn't
happened for a while in Tamil! We are in for a treat by the Boss guys!

I hope the both don't release the same month :? :?

Vaz
31st July 2007, 07:54 PM

Why not? It'll be just too good!! Two ARR albums with so many songs sounding so fresh, wondering which song/album to listen to..... hmmm... That would be great!

coucou
1st August 2007, 12:26 AM

Why not? It'll be just too good!! Two ARR albums with so many songs sounding so fresh, wondering which song/album to listen to..... hmmm... That would be great!

After these albums,Arr hasn't others album in tfm this year :? ( i don't think the release of GM 's new film's songs this YEAR)
so it would be better to get two albums after a little gap (two months)! :roll:
and it 's so difficult for the chartbusters (which is number one between two albums :roll: :wink: )
8-)

A.ANAND
1st August 2007, 11:45 AM
yes!!!intha year nichayam rahman @ gautham movie songs kekka vaipe illa!!sure!!eppadiyum 1 year agum.maniratnam,shanker'rukke thanni kattanavar :lol: gautham en mattaram!!

A.ANAND
1st August 2007, 11:48 AM
but late songs vara late annalum,last-la reazult ennavo super-ra than irukkum :thumbsup:

Vaz
1st August 2007, 02:38 PM
Enna Anand? Simbu madiri punch dialogue pesaringa.... :lol:

A.ANAND
1st August 2007, 05:54 PM
Enna Anand? Simbu madiri punch dialogue pesaringa.... :lol:AYYOO!!!ANTHU AALU MATHIRIYA PUNCH DIALOGUE-AH??? :roll: AALA VIDUNNGA SAMI!! :lol: :lol:

ThalaNass
1st August 2007, 07:11 PM
When they gonna release d AUDIO :?: Any idea?? :P

dinesh2002
6th August 2007, 05:56 PM
[tscii:aa64eb9ab2]A pat from Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 06, 2007]

Acclaimed music composer A R Rahman has heaped laurels on young debutant director Kala Prabhu after seeing few rushes of Sakkarakatti.

The movie has songs set to tunes by Rahman and is produced by Kalapuli S Dhanu. Rahman has appreciated Kala Prabhu and said,” He reminds him of director Shankar in his early days”.

“The way in which the songs are canned by Kala Prabhu has surprised me. He has immense potential”, says Rahman.

The movie features Shanthanu, son of actor-director K Bhagyaraj is lead role. Pat from Rahman has certainly raised expectations for the movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/32817.html[/tscii:aa64eb9ab2]

rayan36
6th August 2007, 08:10 PM
[tscii:77bfb4eb47]

Acclaimed music composer A R Rahman has heaped laurels on young debutant director Kala Prabhu after seeing few rushes of Sakkarakatti.

Rahman has appreciated Kala Prabhu and said,” He reminds him of director Shankar in his early days”.

“The way in which the songs are canned by Kala Prabhu has surprised me. He has immense potential”, says Rahman.

So, the movie is still awake, good sign...[/tscii:77bfb4eb47]

thineshan54321
6th August 2007, 09:05 PM
[tscii:f9f91c04bb]A pat from Rahman
IndiaGlitz [Monday, August 06, 2007]

The movie has songs set to tunes by Rahman and is produced by Kalapuli S Dhanu. Rahman has appreciated Kala Prabhu and said,” He reminds him of director Shankar in his early days”.

The movie features Shanthanu, son of actor-director K Bhagyaraj is lead role. Pat from Rahman has certainly raised expectations for the movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/32817.html[/tscii:f9f91c04bb]

i was afraid the new director was gonna screw up the songs after seeing some graphical images. But I guess Rahman is happy, which is a wonderful sign!

selvakumar
7th August 2007, 09:48 AM
[tscii:1acad5fc5a]
He reminds him of director Shankar in his early days”.

:shaking:
Oru Shankar thollaiyae thaanga mudiyala, Innoruthara :oops: [/tscii:1acad5fc5a]

Ramakrishna
7th August 2007, 12:46 PM
[tscii:4a5cbde248]

Oru Shankar thollaiyae thaanga mudiyala, Innoruthara :oops: [/tscii:4a5cbde248]

:lol:

dinesh2002
7th August 2007, 06:04 PM
[tscii:bbfc7999b3]

Oru Shankar thollaiyae thaanga mudiyala, Innoruthara :oops: [/tscii:bbfc7999b3]

:roll: :roll:

A.ANAND
7th August 2007, 06:42 PM
[tscii:fad958262d]

Oru Shankar thollaiyae thaanga mudiyala, Innoruthara :oops: [/tscii:fad958262d]WHY SIR!!!SHANKER ENNA THOLLA PANNARU UNNGALA!! :)

thineshan54321
8th August 2007, 07:35 AM
[tscii:8a41c38663]

Oru Shankar thollaiyae thaanga mudiyala, Innoruthara :oops: [/tscii:8a41c38663]

buddy, as far as songs go, shankar is number one! ARR said that after he saw the song rushes... so thats a great sign!

selvakumar
8th August 2007, 01:17 PM
[tscii:bc8dea5461]

Oru Shankar thollaiyae thaanga mudiyala, Innoruthara :oops: [/tscii:bc8dea5461]

:lol:

:wink: :wink:

always
9th August 2007, 10:31 AM
yabbo realeaze?? waitin eagerly..!!!

prasana84
11th August 2007, 06:31 AM
same here anyone nos when sakarakatti, atm audio releases

rsubras
17th August 2007, 10:06 PM
PPl in chennai...have u noticed the hoardings they have kept for Chakkara katti? Rahman ah focus panni oru hoarding vachirunthanga.. Jillunu oru Kaathal padathukku Rahman kodutha pose maathiriye irunthathu ( i think it is the same photo, Background mattum graphics la maathirukanga)... The title of the film, keezhe A.R.Rahman - <director name> pottirunthanga... :)

A.ANAND
18th August 2007, 11:03 AM
PPl in chennai...have u noticed the hoardings they have kept for Chakkara katti? Rahman ah focus panni oru hoarding vachirunthanga.. Jillunu oru Kaathal padathukku Rahman kodutha pose maathiriye irunthathu ( i think it is the same photo, Background mattum graphics la maathirukanga)... The title of the film, keezhe A.R.Rahman - <director name> pottirunthanga... :)
appa,kuudiya seekiram audio release agidum! :D

A.ANAND
24th August 2007, 08:10 AM
Sakkarakatti is grand
August 23, 2007

Sakkarakatti, writer-director Bhagyaraj's son Shanthanu's debut film, is coming up in a grand and impressive manner.

Huge sets are being erected for the song sequences in the movie. A.R. Rahman has scored the music for Sakkarakatti directed by Kala Prabhu, son of veteran producer Kalaipuli S.Thanu.

galatta.com

Yathu
24th August 2007, 08:23 PM
Sakkarakatti is grand
August 23, 2007

Sakkarakatti, writer-director Bhagyaraj's son Shanthanu's debut film, is coming up in a grand and impressive manner.

Huge sets are being erected for the song sequences in the movie. A.R. Rahman has scored the music for Sakkarakatti directed by Kala Prabhu, son of veteran producer Kalaipuli S.Thanu.

galatta.com

Grand? Huge sets being erected? That sounds familiar! YUP! We definately have another Shankar on our hands and I, for one, am very happy!!!

Go Kala Prabhu! :clap:

thineshan54321
25th August 2007, 07:05 AM
Sakkarakatti is grand
August 23, 2007

galatta.com

Grand? Huge sets being erected? That sounds familiar! YUP! We definately have another Shankar on our hands and I, for one, am very happy!!!

Go Kala Prabhu! :clap:

ARR defintely saw something in this director. Lets see how things turn out. From what i heard so far, the song picturization will be great so that is enough to make it a hit.

rayan36
26th August 2007, 10:41 AM
so, the film still in the making......GOD PLZ release it sooon, ATLEAST the songs

rayan36
5th September 2007, 07:13 PM
http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/aravind_am/Sakkaraikatti.jpg

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/aravind_am/Sakkaraikatti1.jpg

Yathu
6th September 2007, 04:17 AM

OMG are they just promoting this movie with ARRs face alone?! WOW! Well I guess thats all you need anyway! :D

But u'd think they'd atleast put some of the actors faces!

:lol: Nice subtitle (cho chweet). I always get Khushboo's face in my head wenever i hear som1 saying that, dnt no why! :lol:

selvakumar
6th September 2007, 11:49 AM

ennayya ! second still la SACHIN bat ah thookkikittu nikkira maari nikkuraaru :lol: :D
Best wishes for him to score a TON this time :thumbsup:

Dragun
6th September 2007, 12:58 PM
Those hoardings are just like the initial hoardings for SOK with ARR holding a guitar.

Ramakrishna
12th November 2007, 06:11 PM
Song for Sakkarakatti!

November 11, 2007

The shooting for Sakkarakatti, which has director K. Bhagyaraj's son Shantanu as hero, has almost been completed. With just only one song yet to be canned, the crew met A.R. Rahman at his residence to finalize the music.

Rahman coordinated with lyricist Vaalee, Vaalee's lyrics were set to Rahman's tunes and the song was ready in a jiffy.

The tune impressed director Kalaprabhu, who said it is as melting and sweet as a 'Sakkarakatti'.

Galatta.com

Ramakrishna
12th November 2007, 07:15 PM
[tscii:1983a9647d]A R Rahman's song in a jiffy

November 12, 2007

How often have heard this line: "The `Mozart of Madras' has done it yet again." A. R Rahman, after giving finishing touches to the musical version of the Lord of the Rings, which received good response from the audience and critics alike, is back in town ready to set the pulse racing with his beats.
Sakkarakatti

In fact, for Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan the music director had asked for a couple of days time, during the first week of November, to compose the background score but the producers felt that it would be too late for a Deepavali release and had them composed by duo Sabesh–Murali after explaining the situation to Rahman.

But Producer `Kalai Puli' Dhanu's son Kala Prabhu, not wanting to compromise on the music, patiently waited for Rahman to return and finish the one remaining song for his debut directorial venture Sakkarakatti, which happens to be Shantanu Bhakyaraj's debut as well. Rahman, on returning from London, called Kala Prabhu and lyricist Vaali and immediately started composing music for the song. He is said to have finished the composition in a jiffy, which had Kala Prabhu jumping around the studio with joy as the movie was waiting only for this song to be canned.
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/nov-07-02/12-11-07-rahman.html[/tscii:1983a9647d]

prasana84
12th November 2007, 08:12 PM
audio eppa release yarikavathu theriyuma?

rayan36
12th November 2007, 10:15 PM
that's good news, atleast we know that the movie is still on :wink:

thineshan54321
13th November 2007, 01:25 AM

i have a feeling that this director is gonna make it big and the duo will continue. very dissapointed to hear that ATM was not good. ppl who have seen it. r the picturizations atleast good?

prasana84
13th November 2007, 11:40 PM

i have a feeling that this director is gonna make it big and the duo will continue. very dissapointed to hear that ATM was not good. ppl who have seen it. r the picturizations atleast good?
ATM - all the songs are really good but padam :(
Sakarakatti will do well i guess

thineshan54321
14th November 2007, 01:02 AM

well i am sure even if the movie is crap, sun tv will play ATM songs over and over again. so that alone is enough.

prasana84
16th November 2007, 10:59 PM

well i am sure even if the movie is crap, sun tv will play ATM songs over and over again. so that alone is enough.
Ya But that is not enough b'coz the movie also decides the songs reach :D

rayan36
17th November 2007, 05:19 AM

Ya But that is not enough b'coz the movie also decides the songs reach :D

Not yet watched the movie, but I've heard Marilyn Monroe was sooo seexy and the BGM was good...only with the release of Sakkarakatti will justify this...

not yet wached the movie, but I've heard Marilyn Monroe was sooo sexy and the bgm was good.....Only with the release of sakkarakatti will balance with ATM songs

thamizhvaanan
17th November 2007, 09:47 AM
[tscii:4bb7161e24]Marlyn monroe's picturisation was raunchy. The BGM was terrific!!!

In fact, for Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan the music director had asked for a couple of days time, during the first week of November, to compose the background score but the producers felt that it would be too late for a Deepavali release and had them composed by duo Sabesh–Murali after explaining the situation to Rahman.

Someone pls explain to these jokers :banghead: . Vijay himself said that ARR did the re recording, and after seeing the film, its definitely ARR stuff... reusing song tunes and stuff.[/tscii:4bb7161e24]

thineshan54321
17th November 2007, 07:40 PM
[tscii:0b3a56b66b]Marlyn monroe's picturisation was raunchy. The BGM was terrific!!!

Someone pls explain to these jokers :banghead: . Vijay himself said that ARR did the re recording, and after seeing the film, its definitely ARR stuff... reusing song tunes and stuff.[/tscii:0b3a56b66b]

this is the fact straight from ARR's mouth during sun interview:
"They asked me to do the rerecording for a diwali release. So just in case I couldnt finish the entire recording, I approached pravin mani and told him to do the whole of 2nd part (after intermission). but later, I had time so I did the rerecording for 2nd half too but still keeping the really good stuff done by pravin mani." so atleast 90% is done by ARR.

thamizhvaanan
18th November 2007, 08:53 AM
praveen mani'nu sonna kooda jeeranichukalaam.. but sabesh-murali'nu solradhu... :cry:

dinesh2002
3rd December 2007, 05:57 PM
[tscii:9edb3441d4]Preview - Sakkarakatti

Cast - Shantanu Bhagyaraj [Son of K.Bhagyaraj], Shibi, Ishita, Vedika
Director - Kala Prabu [Son of Kalaipuli S. Dhanu]
Producer - Kalaipuli S. Dhanu [V Creations]
Cinematographer - Andrew
Art Director - Jackson
Lyrics - Pa. Vijay, Na. Muthukumar
Action - ‘Stunt’ Shiva

- ” Jhalak Jhalak Un Nenjil” - Song picturised on Shantanu and Ishita Sharma, in MGR Film City.

‘Sakkarakatti’ that will launch Santanu as hero is being produced by Kalaipuli S Thanu for V Creations. The film is to be directed by another film heir, Kalaprabhu, the son of Thanu. The story is very simple. A rich girl falls in love with a boy belonging to middle class family. What happens after that is the story of ‘Sakkarakatti.’

Shibi and Ishita are the two young beauties from Mumbai who will star with Santanu. Like any typical formula film, the hero has 4 chums to indulge him and duets has been shot abroad. The globetrotting composer A R Rehman is composing music for ‘Sakkarakatti.’

When Thanu produced ‘Kaaka Kaaka,’ ‘Thotti Jaya’ and ‘Sachein, Kalaprabhu learnt the rudiments of direction from directors Gautam Menon, Durai and John respectively. S Thanu is an ardent supporter of MDMK. Bhagyaraj is a DMK supporter and at every possible opportunity on the dais, he tears apart Vaiko, the leader of MDMK. The fathers may be at political loggerheads, but the heirs will work together on the professional front.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/previews/preview-sakkarakatti/[/tscii:9edb3441d4]

dinesh2002
3rd December 2007, 05:58 PM
[tscii:72e2f29c09]Preview - Sakkarakatti

Cast - Shantanu Bhagyaraj [Son of K.Bhagyaraj], Shibi, Ishita, Vedika
Director - Kala Prabu [Son of Kalaipuli S. Dhanu]
Producer - Kalaipuli S. Dhanu [V Creations]
Cinematographer - Andrew
Art Director - Jackson
Lyrics - Pa. Vijay, Na. Muthukumar
Action - ‘Stunt’ Shiva

- ” Jhalak Jhalak Un Nenjil” - Song picturised on Shantanu and Ishita Sharma, in MGR Film City.

Shibi and Ishita are the two young beauties from Mumbai who will star with Santanu. Like any typical formula film, the hero has 4 chums to indulge him and duets has been shot abroad. The globetrotting composer A R Rehman is composing music for ‘Sakkarakatti.’

When Thanu produced ‘Kaaka Kaaka,’ ‘Thotti Jaya’ and ‘Sachein, Kalaprabhu learnt the rudiments of direction from directors Gautam Menon, Durai and John respectively. S Thanu is an ardent supporter of MDMK. Bhagyaraj is a DMK supporter and at every possible opportunity on the dais, he tears apart Vaiko, the leader of MDMK. The fathers may be at political loggerheads, but the heirs will work together on the professional front.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/previews/preview-sakkarakatti/[/tscii:72e2f29c09]

rayan36
3rd December 2007, 07:23 PM
the credits never mentioned the Master, this was 2 months ago, & still they haven't released the audio :banghead:

A.ANAND
4th December 2007, 06:34 AM
may be january 2008!

prasana84
11th December 2007, 12:35 AM
When the movie releasing when the album releasing guys any idea

Yathu
19th December 2007, 04:26 AM
When are they gonna start promoting this movie? R they jus gonna release it suddenly n see if it does well?!

Dragun
19th December 2007, 11:56 AM
I'm still not convinced this film exists :)

rayan36
19th December 2007, 07:30 PM
oh it exists alright, but nobody knows when it will come alive :wink:

muzammil_fr
10th January 2008, 07:53 PM
Is Sakarakatti Sample Released ? Here the fake Sakkarakatti Sample which released on Internet
http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/This-Is-Sakkarakatti-Sample-Song-t19461.html

dinesh2002
10th January 2008, 08:52 PM
Is Sakarakatti Sample Released ? Here the fake Sakkarakatti Sample which released on Internet
http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/This-Is-Sakkarakatti-Sample-Song-t19461.html

is this really from Sakarakatti ??? :shock:

Ramakrishna
10th January 2008, 08:57 PM
confirm fake that is

thineshan54321
10th January 2008, 08:59 PM
irukavae irukaathu! its an album by someone.

muzammil_fr
10th January 2008, 09:13 PM
Hahaha I think , it's compose by Dinesh and put on internet now he come here and ask is that original sakkarakatti, hahah joking man how ARR can compose a tune too like this one.

dinesh2002
11th January 2008, 05:36 AM
Hahaha I think , it's compose by Dinesh and put on internet now he come here and ask is that original sakkarakatti, hahah joking man how ARR can compose a tune too like this one.

ahaaaaaa... :lol: enna pa vedhi yen thalai'le poduringe... :P

if im not mistaken, this song is from some other film, i remember reading about this song b4 " Good morning Tamil Nadu" .... if only i can remember from wut movie..... :?

thineshan54321
12th January 2008, 06:18 AM

if im not mistaken, this song is from some other film, i remember reading about this song b4 " Good morning Tamil Nadu" .... if only i can remember from wut movie..... :?

there is no arr touch. the corny tune speaks for itself.

dinesh2002
12th January 2008, 08:37 AM

there is no arr touch. the corny tune speaks for itself.

yup, def its not by ARR at all... but i know this song actually exist from a film ..... but cant recall where i saw about it b4.....

A.ANAND
12th January 2008, 10:13 AM
Ohh la la contestant yaarvathu compose panni ieupanngalo?!!

rayan36
12th January 2008, 07:23 PM
Ohh la la contestant yaarvathu compose panni ieupanngalo?!!

:lol: nice imagination

SoftSword
17th January 2008, 04:22 PM
good try by someone...

Guess_Me
28th January 2008, 03:03 PM
[tscii:78d6f302e3]‘Sakkarakatti’ song costs 2 Crore

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/36185.html

Recently director Kala Prabhu shot a song sequence, based on a unique concept in Prasad studio for the movie. The song portrays New York City after 500 years.

The song with such an incredible idea is for ‘Sakkarakatti’ that features Bhagyaraj’s son Shanthanu in the lead. Vedhika is acting as his pair. The film has the music by none other than A.R. Rahman.

Shanthanu and Vedhika were dancing around with a lot of French girls for the song. The song, which would cost two crore rupees, will be shot for 10 days, informs the director.

The movie, which has been in the making for quite some time, is growing fast. It is expected to be released by March-April. The young hero Shanthanu is expecting the movie for a break in his career.[/tscii:78d6f302e3]

SoftSword
28th January 2008, 03:06 PM
after all the silence, now there is some breathe hinting that this movie is on progress....
:P

lancelot
28th January 2008, 03:56 PM
New York City after 500 years.????
French girls for the song????

am soooo sticking to ONLY the music....

hehe

Ramakrishna
28th January 2008, 03:56 PM
ithu Robo padathoda promo maathiri irukku :lol2:

baba88
28th January 2008, 05:25 PM
Hahah, New York in 500 Years ??? I would understand it if they shoot New York in 20 or 50 years but 500 ?!

A.ANAND
28th January 2008, 07:40 PM
Hahah, New York in 500 Years ??? I would understand it if they shoot New York in 20 or 50 years but 500 ?!
ellam oru gimmic-than :) tamil naadu in 20 or 50years innu sona ok!
ethukku new york in 500 years??? :confused2: america -karane yosikka mattane ippadi :lol:

thineshan54321
29th January 2008, 01:37 AM
ellam oru gimmic-than :) tamil naadu in 20 or 50years innu sona ok!
ethukku new york in 500 years??? :confused2: america -karane yosikka mattane ippadi :lol:

well, the music will atleast be hi-tech, lets wait for that. hope the album is innovative. for some reason, i have a feeling that ARRs collaboration with this new director will be amazing. he is young, so we can expect something fresh. well just have to wait and see. if movie coming out in march-april, music february-march. not bad, JA will easily last that long, i also have HW score and al risalah till then.

Dragun
29th January 2008, 02:28 AM
They say March-April now, but watch it get pushed back a month at least.

thineshan54321
29th January 2008, 02:54 AM
They say March-April now, but watch it get pushed back a month at least.

i say diwali, just to be safe. ARR albums are bound to be postponed.

A.ANAND
29th January 2008, 07:26 AM
thinesan,may be sakkaraktti director is hardcore fan of shanker.ovvoru song-sum variety-ya irukkum innu nenakiran.shanker eppadi namma thala kitta irunthu song vannguvaro,athu mathiri ethir parkalam.

ghautham menon kuda 'chennayil oru mazhaikalam'[music by boss] movie-ya silent-ta mukkal vaasi mudichitar innu kelvi patten!

A.ANAND
29th January 2008, 07:27 AM
thinesan,may be sakkaraktti director is hardcore fan of shanker.ovvoru song-sum variety-ya irukkum innu nenakiran.shanker eppadi namma thala kitta irunthu song vannguvaro,athu mathiri ethir parkalam.

ghautham menon kuda 'chennayil oru mazhaikalam'[music by boss] movie-ya silent-ta mukkal vaasi mudichitar innu kelvi patten!

dinesh2002
29th January 2008, 08:49 AM

according to Gops in ARRYFG, ARR is not in Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam project......

Re: [arr] Re: One More very disappointing Ja review .. Sorry for posting this here

Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:47 am

Show Message Option
View Source
Use Fixed Width Font
Unwrap Lines
Gopal Srinivasan <catchgops@...>
catchgops
Send Email Send Email

I am afraid another one is not going to work for you, ARR is not doing Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/88798

dinesh2002
29th January 2008, 08:50 AM

according to Gops in ARRYFG, ARR is not in Chennayil Oru Mazhaikalam project......

Re: [arr] Re: One More very disappointing Ja review .. Sorry for posting this here

Show Message Option
View Source
Use Fixed Width Font
Unwrap Lines
catchgops
Send Email Send Email

I am afraid another one is not going to work for you, ARR is not doing Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikkalam.

thineshan54321
29th January 2008, 09:44 AM

Show Message Option
View Source
Use Fixed Width Font
Unwrap Lines
catchgops
Send Email Send Email

its gotta be tru, if he says so. most of the time he is silent regarding issues like this, but if he said it straight up, we can forget about chennayil.

A.ANAND
29th January 2008, 12:30 PM
trisha kuda oru interview-la, rahman is md 4 C.O.M innu solli irukangga.romba rahasiyama velai nadakuthu pola!lets wait n c!

A.ANAND
29th January 2008, 12:44 PM
first arr is md 4 marmayogi innu ella web-layum hot-ta news vanthachu.ippa,kamal approch ysr 4 marmayogi iinu rumor vera! :confused2: etha than nambarathu!

a.r.rahman album ethir pattu pattu [all arr fans]pathi 'kelavana' ayiduvum pola :lol:

thineshan54321
29th January 2008, 08:36 PM
first arr is md 4 marmayogi innu ella web-layum hot-ta news vanthachu.ippa,kamal approch ysr 4 marmayogi iinu rumor vera! :confused2: etha than nambarathu!

a.r.rahman album ethir pattu pattu [all arr fans]pathi 'kelavana' ayiduvum pola :lol:

:lol: :lol: but when his albums release, we become young again... :wink:

Yathu
30th January 2008, 01:00 AM

:lol: :lol: but when his albums release, we become young again... :wink:

:exactly: Thineshan!

rayan36
30th January 2008, 09:08 PM
500 YEARS??? what are they gonna show us...CG? It's gotta be CG

thineshan54321
30th January 2008, 09:15 PM

knowing kollywood CG, its better if they shoot the current NY live rather than do a cartoon of a CG NY after 500 years, mokaya irukka poguthu :lol: :lol: :lol:

rayan36
30th January 2008, 09:18 PM

knowing kollywood CG, its better if they shoot the current NY live rather than do a cartoon of a CG NY after 500 years, mokaya irukka poguthu :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: true true at least we wont get embarrassed :ashamed:

thineshan54321
5th February 2008, 06:23 AM
http://maverickshaunt.blogspot.com/2008/02/sakkarakatti-music-release-on-march-2nd.html
(courtesy yfg)

its supposed to release march 2nd. however, the poster has clearly mentioned that he is not too sure about its authenticity. take a look. would be a perfect time to hear some youthful songs after the mature JA. its a little believable since director and arr said they have to do just one more and song and that song is the NY cartoon song :lol: , so i guess its completed. lets just wait like we always do

rayan36
5th February 2008, 12:52 PM
http://maverickshaunt.blogspot.com/2008/02/sakkarakatti-music-release-on-march-2nd.html
(courtesy yfg)

its supposed to release march 2nd. however, the poster has clearly mentioned that he is not too sure about its authenticity. take a look. would be a perfect time to hear some youthful songs after the mature JA. its a little believable since director and arr said they have to do just one more and song and that song is the NY cartoon song :lol: , so i guess its completed. lets just wait like we always do

ok now... there we go again with the countdown...rahman countdown starts...March 2nd, nest is :roll:

Yathu
6th February 2008, 01:52 AM
lol yeah its not really a Rahman album release without the delays! Bring on the postponing I say! :lol:

lancelot
6th February 2008, 12:07 PM
LET THE DELAYS BEGIN!

hehe

SoftSword
6th February 2008, 12:16 PM
LET THE DELAYS BEGIN!

hehe

dealy in begining the delay??? :roll:

lancelot
6th February 2008, 12:34 PM
LET THE DELAYS BEGIN!

hehe

dealy in begining the delay??? :roll:

that in turn means delay.. lol
hehe

A.ANAND
6th February 2008, 03:06 PM
lol yeah its not really a Rahman album release without the delays! Bring on the postponing I say! :lol:
vaarum,aana seekiram vaarathu. :lol:

arsaregama
22nd February 2008, 11:12 AM
hoardings are up at poes garden music releasing soon

Yathu
22nd February 2008, 08:55 PM
Yay only 2-4 months to wait till the release then. :lol:

thineshan54321
23rd February 2008, 02:41 AM
Yay only 2-4 months to wait till the release then. :lol:

i actually got my hands full with ARRs music at the moment, that shouldnt hurt. JA (hindi tamil), EGA, AL Risalah, LOTR. I dont think this every happened after 2000 where many ARR albums release in a short time. :)

Yathu
23rd February 2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah we're saturated with ARR music...it kinda feels weird actually! I've been listening to JA a songs so many times now. I've actually made a choice to not listen to them for a few days/ a week! I don't want them to lose their freshness.

thineshan54321
23rd February 2008, 04:55 AM
Yeah we're saturated with ARR music...it kinda feels weird actually! I've been listening to JA a songs so many times now. I've actually made a choice to not listen to them for a few days/ a week! I don't want them to lose their freshness.

yep even for me JA is intentionally paused for a while. right now listening to LOTR. i'll post more about it in the appropriate thread.

Vaz
23rd February 2008, 04:01 PM
Pretty interesting... I also force myself not to listen to an ARR soundtrack sometimes (i.e. allow myself to listen to it only during WE) in order to keep the feelings the songs provide me for as long as possible.

muzammil_fr
23rd February 2008, 10:28 PM
I am listen now Swades BGM, really out standing :)

Yathu
24th February 2008, 04:54 AM
Pretty interesting... I also force myself not to listen to an ARR soundtrack sometimes (i.e. allow myself to listen to it only during WE) in order to keep the feelings the songs provide me for as long as possible.

:yes: :exactly: The initial feeling of elation you get when you first discover the intricacies of an ARR song (e.g. first few listenings of Mayil Iragae, I used to get goosebumps everytime. I've had a similar thing with In Lamhon). However, these songs lose their effect if you over-listen to them. ARR should be enjoyed in small measures...you can't have too much of a good thing. :lol:

thineshan54321
24th February 2008, 05:58 AM

:yes: :exactly: The initial feeling of elation you get when you first discover the intricacies of an ARR song (e.g. first few listenings of Mayil Iragae, I used to get goosebumps everytime. I've had a similar thing with In Lamhon). However, these songs lose their effect if you over-listen to them. ARR should be enjoyed in small measures...you can't have too much of a good thing. :lol:

alavukku minchina amuthamum najuthaan. :lol: i remember mayilirage, i was in india when that released. i used to listen to that in a dark room with an air conditioner and a very rapid spinning fan. summa chillunu irunthuthu! everytime i listen to mayilirage, i get that same chilling effect.

prasana84
24th February 2008, 08:45 PM

alavukku minchina amuthamum najuthaan. :lol: i remember mayilirage, i was in india when that released. i used to listen to that in a dark room with an air conditioner and a very rapid spinning fan. summa chillunu irunthuthu! everytime i listen to mayilirage, i get that same chilling effect.
I dont know about mayilliragae but old arr songs like malargaley, en mel viluntha mali thuli, ennavaley, thoda thoda, pennala etcccccc are evergreen. for these songs ur proverb "alavukku minchina amuthamum najuthaan" wont suit. :D