PDA

View Full Version : Supremo Nag's latest devotional sensation - SriRamadasu

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:10 PM
[tscii:cea133ff00]Spell bounding experience. As per the Oxford dictionary and Thesaurus (English) the meaning of the word ‘Spellbound’ is – Enthralled, entranced, fascinated, awestruck, captivated, mesmerized.

Have you ever experienced that feel? If not, then watch all time memorable movie SRI RAMADASU. That was the feeling felt by the audience when coming out of the theaters. Hangover remains for at least next one hour.

Annamayya team leaders – Nagarjuna, Raghavendra Rao, Keeravani, Bharavi once again teamed up to present the movie on most popular devotee – Bhaktha Ramadasu

Unlike Annamayya, Sri Ramadasu is released with sky high expectations.

It is very natural that every one of us rates this movie in comparison with Annamayya

Unit has taken utmost care in meeting the expectations as there is every chance that the audience will draw comparisons with legendary movie Annamayya in each and every aspect. If we start writing review for this movie then it will take minimum 20 hours to write as the entire story was beautifully laced and intertwined with 20 superb songs. Each song is a material for discussion and review. Hence we want to present our feel from the common viewer’s point of view i.e., drawing comparison with Annamayya.

for complete article click on http://www.nagfans.com/release.asp?submod=MAReviews&module=MAR-kit&id=585
[/tscii:cea133ff00]

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:24 PM
[tscii:02362f1cf5]'Sri Ramadasu’ is an extraordinary film

The film ‘Sri Ramadasu’ has come-up very well and the credit goes to Nagarjuna, Raghavendra Rao and Konda Krishnamraju, while Nagarjuna’s action, music, songs are the main attractions in the film - Sri K.R. Suresh Reddy said after watching the film at a special show organized for political leaders on Saturday at Prasad Labs. He also expressed that this film would be a milestone in the history of Telugu films and will be remembered forever.

Speaker K.R. Suresh Reddy, Panchayati Raj Minister J.C. Diwakar Reddy, Ex. Minister Kanumuri Bapiraju were spotted at the show.

‘This film will be watched by audience again and again’ - J.C. Diwakar said.

‘By this film, Actor Nagarjuna, Director K. Raghavendra Rao, Producer Konda Krishnam Raju have proved themselves and had a remarkable achievement to their credit. The people of this state must see this film’, Kanumuri Bapiraju said.

[/tscii:02362f1cf5]

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:24 PM
[tscii:2fea5c7648]MSR praises Sri Ramadasu

M Satyanarayana Rao – state minister for cinematography – has recently watched the preview of Nagarjuna’s Sri Ramadasu preview. After watching the preview he said that he is proud to have watched such a brilliant film starring son of his close friend (ANR). He opined that Nagarjuna’s Annamayya and Sri Ramadasu would stand as two of the very few best films ever made in Telugu.

[/tscii:2fea5c7648]

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:26 PM
[tscii:0985fc1498]Nagarjuna should do Jesus role - Murali Mohan

Actor Murali Mohan said, “I knew that Sri Ramadasu would become a hit the moment I heard about the announcement of this film. Everybody doubted Nagarjuna’s capability to devotional role when Annamayya’s project was announced. But he proved everybody wrong with his fine portrayal in Annamayya. I think the last 3 reels of Sri Ramadasu film are spell-bounding. Actors like Nagayya, NTR and ANR were considered as lucky actors as they got chance to do all genre films in that era. But in the present situation, we have only social films releasing. Nagarjuna is the only actor who got devotional films. I saw Jesus in the performance of Nagarjuna as Sri Ramadasu in the last three reels. I request Nagarjuna to do the role of Jesus in K Raghavendra Rao's direction. Chittoor Nagayya attempted Sri Ramadasu earlier. He took 9-10 years to make that film which was a loss venture. Fortunately Nagarjuna’s Sri Ramadasu’s shoot went on smoothly and got hit talk on day one. K Raghavendra Rao proved again that he is capable of delivering great films if provided with good scripts. I am feeling jealous about Konda Krishnam Raju that I did not produce this film.”

[/tscii:0985fc1498]

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:27 PM
[tscii:7052476db9]Sri Ramadasu will will remain as one of the greatest films ever made in the history of Telugu cinema - Chiranjeevi

Chiranjeevi said, “I saw Sri Ramadasu a couple of days back along with my family members. Everyone of us were filled with emotion after the completion of screening. When I met Nagarjuna and K Raghavendra Rao after the show, I could not find words to describe how good the film was. There was so much of heaviness in my heart. We met again in the evening and explained them how much I liked Sri Ramadasu. When Annamayya film was announced with Nagarjuna, I thought that they could have made it with me. But my dates were not available and they were making it with Nag. Nobody knew how Annamayya looks like. Since Nag did that film, people got impression that Annamayya is a lean person. If I had done Annamayya, audience would have thought that Annamayya is a stout (kanda pushti) person. After watching Sri Ramadasu film, I felt that only Nag can do it. Sri Ramadasu will remain as one of the greatest films ever made in the history of Telugu cinema. Nagarjuna was looking so youthful in Super film and he used the same hair for Sri Ramadasu to portray contrastingly different character.”

for complete article
http://idlebrain.com/news/functions/successmeet-sriramadasu.html[/tscii:7052476db9]

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:41 PM
[tscii:7b83daf3a9]Maa TV bags Pokiri and Sri Ramadasu
Apr 18, 2006, 04:53

Satellite rights of Telugu films are shooting up like our BSE Sensex: touching new levels everyday. Maa TV, the channel that started this trend of buying new Telugu films at whopping prices, has once again bagged two biggies.

It has garnered the satellite broadcasting rights of Mahesh Babu’s Pokiri and Sri Ramadasu. Both the films fetched the producers a Crore of rupees each. While it is believed that Pokiri was sold for Rs One Crore and above, Sri Ramadasu was bought for Rs 1.25 Crores.

[/tscii:7b83daf3a9]

andhrudu
18th April 2006, 07:46 PM
Tollywood Boxoffice report

Sri Ramadasu
Number of Weeks: 2

Run: Released on 30th March on the eve of Ugadi, Sri Ramadasu took the box office by a sweep. The film crossed the expectations and is running housefull in all centers. Sri Ramadasu is a devotional treat to the audience and is also a blockbuster at the box office. In Guntur, the film collected 26,75,617. 23,90.00 is recorded from Nellore. Krishna saw first week share of 19 Lakhs while East Godavari collected 25 Lakhs share. Uttarandhara registered 38+ lakhs share.

Ram
Number of Weeks: 2
Run: Ram released along with Sri Ramadasu. N.Shankar directed Nitin for this film. Raam is presently running with divided talk and is making moderate collections. Music by Yuvan Shankar Raja proved an asset.

Ranam
Number of Weeks: 9
Run: Ranam completed 60 days. This is another hit for Gopichand who is registering hit after hit at the box office. Choreographer Rajasekhar turned director with this film.

Devadasu Rank: 4
Number of Weeks: 10
Run: Devadasu is running towards 100 days. Exciting thing about this film is the raise in the collections after the 50 day mark. The film is competing with new releases. In fact, it is making money better than some of the latest.

Laxmi Rank: 5
Run: Laxmi is running steadily towards 100 days. VV Vinayak directed Venkatesh for this film. This is one of the biggest hits for Venkatesh.

Style Rank: 6
Run: Style is also running towards the 100 day mark. Though Style started out with great openings, the collections have dipped in the last few weeks.

andhrudu
1st May 2006, 11:55 PM
Interesting news about SriRamadasu

Is it Lord Sri Rama, who blessed Sri Ramadasu movie by sending Rama Chiluka (parrot) ?

This is the Talk of the Town in Vizag. Rama Chiluka , from unknown destination came and rested on the idols of Sri Rama erected in the Urvasi theater, Kancherapalem, Vizag, where Sri Ramadasu is showing now.

From the past two days, it is at the God''s abode.

Director K. Raghavendra Rao payed the visit to the theater and offered prayers

for complete article
http://www.nagfans.com/release.asp?submod=News&module=News%20Room&id=608

Lambretta
2nd May 2006, 09:15 AM
This is the Talk of the Town in Vizag. Rama Chiluka , from unknown destination came and rested on the idols of Sri Rama erected in the Urvasi theater, Kancherapalem, Vizag, where Sri Ramadasu is showing now.
Wow!! This is incredibly amazing! :D
I didnt know abt this until now!

bingleguy
2nd May 2006, 09:15 AM
:clap: Nag !

Lambretta
2nd May 2006, 09:27 AM
Yea its been a while since he has acted in sum really good movies after Anamayya.....most of the movies hez acted in lately havnt been tat worth watching!
'hope I cud see this movie sumtime.....thing is, I'm not in the habit of going to theatres! :P :)

njv
2nd May 2006, 10:08 PM
if there is a market for religious/mytheological movies, tamil directors (like perarasu) would be making that. There is no market.

Few 6th sense people changed the minds of TN folks, so they wont fall for the religious crap.

May be if they convert this to "mega" serial and also introduce some new characters (tamil mega serial means atleast 2 wifes and 2 husbands for 4 to 5 pairs) it will run well as mega serial.

ajithfederer
3rd May 2006, 02:23 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

if there is a market for religious/mytheological movies, tamil directors (like perarasu) would be making that. There is no market.

Few 6th sense people changed the minds of TN folks, so they wont fall for the religious crap.

May be if they convert this to "mega" serial and also introduce some new characters (tamil mega serial means atleast 2 wifes and 2 husbands for 4 to 5 pairs) it will run well as mega serial.

Surya
10th September 2006, 03:45 AM
Yea its been a while since he has acted in sum really good movies after Anamayya.....most of the movies hez acted in lately havnt been tat worth watching!
'hope I cud see this movie sumtime.....thing is, I'm not in the habit of going to theatres! :P :)

Annamayya is a CLASSIC! I own the DVD! :) There are the inevitable distortions in the story, but overall, CLASSIC! I'd say that out of all the Nag movies, Annamaya is clearly in the Top 5! :thumbsup: The Music was excellent too! SPB's voice was enchating with the Keerthanas! :D

I'm eagarly waiting for this DVD (Sri Ramadasu)!! How long does it take?! :x

Ur an atheist? :roll: I find it very amusing when atheists go around patting themselves on their backs claiming that they are the divine 6th sense breed of human beings! :lol2: Jeez...talk abt a Superiority Complex eh! :wink:

Also, just because u don't like religious movies doesn't make them crap! I'd much rather watch movies like Thirumalai Thenkumari, Annamayya, Dievam, Thiruvarul, Sri Raghavendra and Thiruvilaiyaadal than the 3rd rated crap like Thimiru, Thirupaachi, Sivakasi, Aaru, etc etc so on and so forth... :roll:

Peace! :D

ramky
10th September 2006, 08:18 AM
I'm eagarly waiting for this DVD (Sri Ramadasu)!! How long does it take?! :x

Surya : the company i work for finished authoring the original dvd quite some time back. so dvd will be releasing in US/Canada/UK mkts anytime now. and if you see it, feedback reg chapters would be most welcome ! :)

Surya
12th September 2006, 07:58 AM
Cool! :D yeah eagarly waitin for teh movie! :D

Sure Will! :D :D

PS: Do u mark the chaps for almost every movie that comes out in the market? :D :D