PDA

View Full Version : Illayaraja's Experimentation with World Music(Excluding WCM)

Hulkster
17th April 2006, 07:27 AM
Post the songs which Illayaraja has experimented in tamil film songs like tholin mele from thoongathe thambi thoongathe which had african rhythms. I believe you got the idea that im asking for songs which he had used other types of world music like south american rhythms...red indians etc etc.

venus05
17th April 2006, 07:47 AM
Tholin Maelae is from Ninaivellam Nithya by Shridhar.

Thanks.

Hulkster
17th April 2006, 09:00 AM
Oh sorry....padam miss agi pochi thanks...you know of such songs that raja has experimented with?....It would be good to analyse it in detail.

Nitya
15th June 2006, 03:34 AM
-I think "Panimazhai Vizhum" (Enakkaaga Kaathiru) has heavy Oriental (Chinese/Japanese) influence in the orchestration. The same can be said of "Sempoove Poove" (Siraichalai).

-"Kaattu Vazhi Kaalnadiyaa" (Athu Oru Kana Kaalam) as most of you know has Celtic-sounding interludes.

-"Ilaiyanilaa Pozhigirathu" (Payanangal Mudhivathillai) was as far as I know the premiere Tamil film song with a Latino touch. "Saalaiyoram Solai" from the same song also has Spanish influence in its interludes.

krish244
15th June 2006, 10:34 AM
What about the song "Thai..thaga thai" from Anthapuram? I just love the orchestration/rhythm in this song. I am amazed at IR's skill in handling the orchestration/rhythms. Is it our very own folk/tribal music or can it be attributed to some world (african??) flavour?

thanks,

Krishnan

Hulkster
15th June 2006, 10:54 AM
Finally some songs to really think about...im sure there are some songs as well which go out of the latin and african flavour as well by IR..ilaya nila was spanish styled?...i thought it was classic jazz...nice to know it had some spanish influence as well..:)

Krish and Nitya thanks for sharing...i can now have a look at this songs..:D

Nitya
15th June 2006, 01:39 PM
I think I should also mention "Shubhavelai Naalainthu" from Thangamalai Thirudan (a Telugu dubbed film). The song starts with a Native American flute solo, and then we hear some Oriental-sounding music before KSC starts the song. The interludes however are more of the traditional Indian-Western type.