PDA

View Full Version : ponniyin selvan

Oldposts
12th December 2004, 08:33 AM
Topic started by Naren (citnaren@yahoo.com) (@ proxy2.logica.com) on Wed Apr 11 07:39:31 .

machis ponniyin selvan netla kedaikkuma

Oldposts
Old responses (http://forumhub.com/tlit/25463.29270.07.39.31.html)

Oldposts
Do u know the link where we can get atleast some of PS pictures of maniyam/selvan's.

Oldposts
Ravi Sundaram:

Anbarey, nalamA ?

I was also wondering where those other threads on PS got lost, in which, yourself and GD had been barainstorming like anything. Where is GD these days ?

Please show up as frequently as you could. :-)

Oldposts
It is really good

Oldposts
hey ram
whats the group name?

Oldposts
hey ram
whats the group name?

Oldposts
aa,
many characters are true not neccessarily means the total novel is true.
some eg.
1.nandhini is fictitious character.
2.vanthiyathevan did not belong to vanar
3.oomairani character is fictitious.
4.aditha karikalan was not killed as told by kalki.

Maniam(first time) and maniam selvan(later) really gave the royal touch to the drawings without which PS would be incomplete.

Oldposts
Visu,
now what is ur point?....accepted Nandhini,Oomai Rani were not true....but I'm pretty damn sure that Vanthiyathevan was "Vallavaraiyan"....how many Sandilyan kadhai were realistic?...was Yavana Rani real story....Raja Muthirai real story aa?....read the two books...u'll find out how stereo type ur fav. writer is.....people of this generation never got a chance to read PS with Maniam's paintings....yet it sells like Hot Cakes in the book stores.....If u want to strictly stick to reality....U better go and read Publications of Historian....It is for the imagination part we call it as Novel....NOM

Oldposts
Visu,
Are you trying to say that PS is fictious and all Chandilyan's stories are true?
There is difference between history & historical novel.When a reader can't distinguish between history & imagination ,in a novel,there lies the greatness of that author.Kalki has it!
In Yavana Rani,very few are the historic characters.Same with KadalPura.
We can ask even a child to read Ps.But not chandilyan's works.Ps has some moral characters,like Arul Mozhi Varmar.But any such characters can't be found in Chandilyan's.
One more thing,Maniam &Maniamselvam gained fame due to PS and not that PS is incomplete without them.

Oldposts
according to neelakanta sastrihal.,,,,,, AK was killed by rajarajan himself......he is another aurangazeib!!!

Oldposts
Ilamkavi,
Good joke:-)

Oldposts
Ilamkavi,
U mite be true too....but we are here to discuss the Novel not the real History.....most of us here even bother abt the history just b'cos of the novel

Oldposts
ilamkavi,

Dont scribble nonsense just to create any scoop news.Its unfair to talk about p.s without any proof.
Every page in history talks about his noble Qualities & Scriptures in Tanjore district are silent proofs.
He's One among the kings who are still remembered today!!!!!!

Oldposts
In PS, kalki accomodates this story as a rumor spread by the sambuvariayar to move suspicion away from themselves - there is a conversation between kandhamaaran and his father (which manimekalai overhears if I remember right).

Oldposts
Hai all,
a good news for all those who have longed to see PS in the internet....We are planning to type up the whole Book(a chapter a week basis) in the ponniyinselvan e-groups in the yahoogroups...the work will start within the end of this month....all of u can join
here is the link
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ponniyinselvan/
Ram

Oldposts
ilamkavi,
KNS in his book cholas doesn't categorically state that Rajaraja killed AK. He suspects uththama, in fact. He also talks about the magnanimity of rajaraja for giving up the throne to uththama(he also, says it could be bcos of his political motives, but again, never states that with conviction). So, stop BSing.

Oldposts
///Dont scribble nonsense just to create any scoop news.Its unfair to talk about p.s without any proof.
Every page in history talks about his noble Qualities & Scriptures in Tanjore district are silent proofs.
He's One among the kings who are still remembered today!!!!!!///

<b style="color:black;background-color:#ffff66">Congrats Vanathi for the rebuttal! Infact in Tamilnadu History theres no parallel for such brutalities for the sake of crown...only in Moghul history (and to some extent in Srilankan history ...PS mentions about this ..)we find brother killing brother, son killing father etc for the sake of crown....

and I dont know as to how can someone even remotely think of linking Aurangzeb!!! might be some insane fellow!!![/b]

Oldposts
for a change...a pic!:)

Oldposts
Hi mmc & friends
Ayiram kaikal maraithhalum adhavan maraivathillai.
so,rumours cant fade p.s.
Meanwhile,I heard that p.s,to be taken as a serial has been stopped due to some reasons.
I consider it as god's grace and by our prayers!!!.

Oldposts
Vanathi & others, Infact there is no comparison of Chola Kings with that of other kingdoms of that age....they were very much cultured in the sense that one didnt kill his own brother or father to ascend the throne( if u see the Ghaznavi or Sinhalese Kings of the same period , u will find that one will murder even ones father to get the throne!). Also Rajaraja chola gave grants to various religious places and hospitals were setup for people... The chola kings were the pioneers in water harvesting and the technology involved in building a wide network of canals was replicated in other countries.... The Kallanai Dam was built be the earlier cholas(karikala I).... much before similar ways were found for utilising the water in other parts of India and asia. <table bgcolor="yellow" border=1 bordercolor="green" cols=1><tr><td><font face="lucida" handwriting="honeydew" size=7>Mummudicholan</font></td></tr></table>

Oldposts
Ponniyin Selvan is available at
http://www.geocities.com/ponniyinselvan_kalki/ (http://www.geocities.com/ponniyinselvan_kalki/
)

if you are interested in good discussions on PS visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ponniyinselvan/ (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ponniyinselvan/
)

Sridhar

Oldposts
Ilamkavi,
There are lot of proofs to say that Rajarajan
did not kill Adhithya. If you think like that or believe like that, then what is the motive of that murder? AK is not a god. There are so may persons in country trying to hide the fame of tamil kings.
If he had killed Adhithya for the crown, he would not have given the crown to Uthama cholan. This incident is true.
After he came to power he found the murderers( Ravidhasan, Soman sambavan etc. These persons really lived in that time). He asked them to go away from chola dynasty because in that time the kings would not kill brahmins.
So you dont believe the rumers created by persons those who want to hide the fame of tamil kings.

Oldposts
Makkale,
PS is available at tamil.net

Oldposts
[tscii:f0fd4ef5e1]Cholas never involved royal killings were as Pandiyan and other kingdoms involved

Rajaraja Cholan never killed his brother for the throne. He throned his uncle was a proof the great king respecting seniority and rights common in Tamil Culture(not now, kodu poda chonnal, makkal rodu pottuviduvarkal). Anyway some fools always oppose the discussion as the way they like to get focus because they never known the glorious Tamil history. Its better forget these useless. Cholas never dieing concept and Cholas will always come in Tamil who can show utmost responsibility towards people. Pandiyan Sundara betrayed Tamil inviting malka kafur. Chera Senguttuvan mistakenly brought north king(with sankskrit) during his successful himalayan conquest made malayalam born. Cholas never did that mistakes. Even Rajaraja Cholan was invited by Ceylon budha leader to take throne he didn't. He knew ceylon throne nothing infront ordinary Thanjavur farmer. I am another Cholan from the same place.[/tscii:f0fd4ef5e1]

Oldposts
[tscii:cc069092a3]Ponniyin Selvan is very much available on the net.Goto www.prjectmadurai.org You can download the full ponniyin selvan in PDF format. All 5 volumes available. No need to install any fonts for this.

Also if anybody can let me know whether nanthipurathu nayagi by Vikraman is available on the net, I would be very happy. I came to know that it is not interesting to read like PS, but I can have a different angle of reading historic novel. [/tscii:cc069092a3]

Oldposts
[tscii:8ae596c328]I have read PS twice. This can be attributed to be a Tamizh Mahabharatham. I was an ardent ffan of Sujatha. After reading kalki, Sujatha seems to be a very low profile writer. Fans of Sujatha, pls excuse me. He still is one of my favorites. In a way it is good that PS is cinematized. For the sake of compromise they will add some stupid things. But what is the real sad part, Tamil Nadu is with so muuch of rich literature, such epics are not part of Tamil curriculum in schools. At least in a condensed form, this should be taught to the school children.
After reading PS, I really fell in love with Kunthavai. Though I can't marry her now, I would like to have all those qualities in my future wife.[/tscii:8ae596c328]

Oldposts
[tscii:c1558c6414]Does any body have any idea, whether the soft version of Nanthipurathu Nayagi is available. I know it is not that absorbing like PS. But I would definitely want to read what had happened to the love affair of Kunthavai. I know it got succeeded. But I want to read that novel. Please mail me, if you have a soft copy of the novel.
Also if there is a website, where the drawings of Maniam Selvam of PS, is present, please let me know. I had read PS, with the soft copy. So I couldn't see the lively pictures of Kundhavai drawn by Maniam Selvan. Please let me know, whether these pics have been archived by some nice gentleman.
thx in advance,
Vijay[/tscii:c1558c6414]