PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Stories.

uncle tex
3rd April 2006, 04:50 PM
When living in India as a child during the 1940's and '50's I was told many stories of ghostly experiences in India. Sadly time has taken its toll on my memory and I can no longer remember any of those tales. Is there anyone out there that might be able to refresh my memory with any tales of the supernatural from India ?

bingleguy
3rd April 2006, 04:57 PM
Hello Tex !

I guess u can open the same in Stories/KadhaigaL section ... would grab ppl s attention !

uncle tex
3rd April 2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks bingleguy !

nirosha sen
3rd April 2006, 07:33 PM
:D My Tales of the Unexpected is also there, somewhere in Misc. section, tucked away to languish!! You could always pull it out, and go thru some of the stories!!

Would make your toes curl, some of them!! :)

Badri
4th April 2006, 05:40 AM
Moving this topic to the relevant section: Stories/Kathaigal

bingleguy
4th April 2006, 08:45 AM
Ghost ! hmn ... an interesting topic though !
I have seen a lot of films related to ghosts ! can we discuss them here uncle tex ?

Raikkonen
4th April 2006, 10:01 AM
Yamma bayama irukku

NM
4th April 2006, 10:12 AM
pEi kathaigalileye, enakku bayamE varaatha kathaigal enna theriyumaa?? chinese pEi kathaigal.....athula vara pEigalellaam kaiyya neettindu, kutichchi kutichchi varum... :lol:

bingleguy
4th April 2006, 10:20 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
NTR ... idhu othukka mudiyaadhu !

Chinese pei yaaa ?

RR
4th April 2006, 11:04 AM
:D My Tales of the Unexpected is also there, somewhere in Misc. section, tucked away to languish!! You could always pull it out, and go thru some of the stories!!

Would make your toes curl, some of them!! :)
This topic has gotten up, swished past the other forums and reached this section now..

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=362

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2006, 12:50 PM
i am scaredddddddddddddd

:(

bingleguy
4th April 2006, 01:51 PM
Shakthi ... idhu unga place illa ;-) neenga pei nna romba bayappaduveenga vera

Shakthiprabha.
4th April 2006, 10:59 PM
amaam....... :(

i wont ever come into this thread .... :wave:

Lambretta
6th April 2006, 12:46 AM
amaam....... :(

i wont ever come into this thread .... :wave:
Hmm.....sumone plse. tell sum story abt a CHUBBY cheeked ghost (like Casper, the comic character! :D).....appo SP eppidi intha thread-ku varame irrukaranga paarkalam! :wink: :lol:

Coming to the topic in qsn., I was told a few ghost stories by my father a few yrs ago.....will revert w/ those tomrrow......its past midnite now!
Ciao! :wave:

Sanguine Sridhar
6th April 2006, 04:17 AM
This is my real experience...

Last year i was staying in my friends room.We were around 7 People watching "Anbey Shivam" and chit-chatting about that movie.It was around 1.00 AM and was raining outside.We went to bed and my friend switched off the light.After 30 minutes I heared "Grrrrrr" calling bell sound continuesly.I went outside and opened the door, a black cat was standing outside.I got shocked :shock: for a moment simulntaneously this bell sound got stopped.. :shock: ... I returned back to my bed and i tried to shut my eyes once again :( i heared the sound.. :| This time my friend got up and went outside..I giggled :lol2: and anxeiously, i was waiting for the result.As i expected he came back with a huge amount of tension and shock..He said "Macha..bell adikudhu evanumey illa :shock: :shock: " .. I said "Chumma kadhaya vidatha... .Others were sleeping like Kumbhakarna's.. :lol: Then there was power cut.This time we planned, if we once again heared the bell sound definitely it was some sort of devil(Becasue no power,no chance of ringing)..Expecting the bell sound we dozzed off.It was around 8 Am still bell was ringing..I got irritated this time "Peyukku pagalula enna vela?" I went outside..analysing the bell i found it was because of Short circuit,due to rain water the bell rings frequently :banghead: I took a big wooden stick and banged it with full power :evil: .. The scaring bell finally got broken :twisted:

Raikkonen
6th April 2006, 08:41 AM
Yamma.
ENna kodumai Sanguine ithu...

crazy
6th April 2006, 12:23 PM
well here is my ghost story

I actually( :?: ) have a very intersting ghost story,

Few years ago, when i was still in my school days. I was so interested in ghost stories, the first reason is that I have never been told any ghost stories and for the second I always pretended as if Iam a strong girl. Oneday my friend took an article with her, which was reprinted on a very famous tamil newspaper.
It was about two lads who went inside a jungle/hill or something in the dark and got killed & slapped buy the ghost, and the lad who survived this took a picture of this ghost( :roll: heavens knows) and it was published all over The gulf countries and even in India.
I begged her to give me the picture of that ghost and I was analysing the picture the whole day.( it looked like a ghost, despite I have never seen any ghost before, other than myself :o )
I got home and showed that to my aunt, she was laughing at me and said it was just a set up and not to believe that!
Mmhm the day went and then come the night. I was so scared to sleep alone(but I don't remeber why I slept alone that day). I always put the bedsheet over my head in order to avoid seeing curtains moving to wind. Ans so did I the same day.
Since I was thinking about the ghost picture whole day, I couldn't sleep well that night. To increase my scariness, our dog started barking somewhere in the mid night. I got too scared and went and slept on the living room. :lol:

Ppl don't get mad at me because this got nothing to do with Ghosty story! :roll: .............. I don't know, seemed like nobody where writting any ghost story( not u sridar), so I WROTE! :)

Raikkonen
6th April 2006, 12:29 PM
Yamma Bayama irukku...
Kaaliyatta...

crazy
6th April 2006, 12:30 PM
Yamma Bayama irukku...
Kaaliyatta...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shakthiprabha.
6th April 2006, 03:23 PM
I WONTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT COME TO THIS THREAWD AGAINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

:cry:

:cry:
rombA bayama irukku :cry:

LAMBRETTA,

even if the ghost chubby has chubbiest cheeks i wontttttttttttttt come :cry:

Lambretta
6th April 2006, 09:14 PM
Adah.....!
Pongo SP akka, ungalode naan pesamaaten! :( :cry: :oops:

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2006, 09:31 PM
en lambretta :( en mela enna kovam. :(
pesunga. :)

Lambretta
7th April 2006, 10:08 PM
en lambretta :( en mela enna kovam. :(
pesunga. :)
Aiyyo, SP......appidi onnum illai! :D
Chumma sonnen! :P

Shakthiprabha.
7th April 2006, 10:32 PM
:D

theriyum :P

rachel
8th April 2006, 09:29 AM
guys..this is a real story.

it was an old house. somebody who lived at the house commited suicide ages ago. it always remained empty or people never lived permanently at that house.

after many years a family(father, mum, 2 boys and 1 girl) bought the house. they lived there for 2 or 3 years. but at last each person in that family got killed tragically.. :(

pavalamani pragasam
8th April 2006, 11:02 AM
Just fatal coincidence???

rachel
8th April 2006, 11:36 AM
Just fatal coincidence???

then why do you think people normally don't live at haunted houses?

pavalamani pragasam
8th April 2006, 12:09 PM
Weak-minded, scared people! May be not brave enough to take risk! All are not bold like Prabhu & Jothika in the movie "Chandramukhi"!

rachel
8th April 2006, 01:36 PM
:evil:

rachel
8th April 2006, 01:38 PM
i believe ghost lives at haunted houses.

crazy
8th April 2006, 04:37 PM
Ghost story 2

caution: might get mad at me!(like 7 eleven)

Some years ago when I was in my school days(as said before I was so intersted in ghost story. I have never seen any scary movies nor heard any scary stories then.) my aunt happened to talk about a movie called "13 number veedu". she said it was acted my Mohan. I asked to tell more, but she refused.(b'coz it has been ages since she saw that movie)
Next day I went to the school and asked my friend(there was one particular friend, she was really good at movies and stuffs, friend 1) to tell me the story. She started to tell me the story maybe around 9.15 or something, despite of teachers lecturer. She started with intro and every tiny details and went on and went on.
Another friend of mine, came and sat beside me and she was listening compassionately( :?: :roll:) to her. The story begins with Mohan and his family moving into the house etc. etc. etc.
then here begins the real ghost story. My another friend(friend 2) was listening sitting on the front row, got pissed and started to argue withe the friend(1) who was telling(narrating) the story. the narrating friend(1) might have left some episodes and just jumped over the scenes. the other friend(2) got mad and started to Retell the story(all the way from the beginning) :cry:
please note that the class where going on and my friends where telling me the story. The launch break came and my friends were not finished with the story yet!
I was desperately listening to them. while the other friend(the second one) was telling the story the narrating friend(the first one) noticed that she was jumping over a scene. Now then the fight starts. they both were arguing about each others "jumping over scenes and faults". And they were so confident that their narration was right. Now the whole class started to collect their memories of that film(except boys).
no one seemed like got a clear picture of that movie other than my two fighting friends :oops:
break got over and class start. this time we were all listening to the teacher and not talking about the film. The period was over and then they started their narration, this time i was got into their fighting, these two were moving my head to their direction(front and back, here and there) and started telling the story all the way from the beginning again. They were telling, telling, telling and kept on telling. And there was one particular scene I remember, there where Mohan got peiy into his body. They were arguing again about when exactly he got peiy. Whether it was before or after his sister got. As u can see the story hasn't ended yet. the school was over and I went home, hoping for my aunt to tell the rest of the story. To my luck(bad luck) she couldn't remember. so i got to wait for the next day to get done withe that peiy story.
the next day, to my suprise they both have worked withe their disagreements(yeah they were two great nations, fighting over nuclear programmes and agreed to give up at last) and continue their story and finished it before the lunch break! :o

You might perhaps wonder, what has this to do with ghost story, but no one seems to say any "ghost stories" here so i continued with my Ghosty experience!

pavalamani pragasam
8th April 2006, 06:46 PM
Crazy, your narration is hilarious! :rotfl:

crazy
8th April 2006, 09:06 PM
Crazy, your narration is hilarious! :rotfl:

this is not a made up story, this is a true ""ghost story"!
what am i supposed to do :roll: this is all ghost story i HAVE EXPERIENCED! :)

pavalamani pragasam
8th April 2006, 09:26 PM
Really I enjoyed the way you described the way you got the story whole! I couldvisualise the classroom of bright girls having a nice time telling a movie tale! Wonderful days!

I vividly remember my elder cousin trying his level best to scare me with some ghost tales when I was a kid. But I couldn't be made to believe those fantastic stories he told with such cinematic effects, just like Nagesh telling his 'thigil' story to Balaiyah in 'Kathalikka Neramillai". The best story was one in a clever man goes to the ghosts' place to recover the jewels they had stolen from his wife. The ghosts had somehow stolen her jewels & the husband clearly saw it must be the handiwork of the ghosts. Soone night he goes to their place and sees them making merry, dancing around gleefully wearing his wife's jewels. As they danced they took turns to wear the jewels singing "enakku cheththa, unakku cheththa" meaning you have them for some time, I'll have them for some time. The man silently joined the ring of dancing ghosts singing the chant they sang. In due course it was his turn to wear the jewels. When the jewels came to his possession he took tohis heels. Alas, the ghosts were outwitted! Really the sound effect my cousin have as accompaniment to the story told in ominously lowered whisper level made the story all the more hilarious tome!

crazy
9th April 2006, 02:42 PM
Really I enjoyed the way you described the way you got the story whole! I couldvisualise the classroom of bright girls having a nice time telling a movie tale! Wonderful days!
!

Well life is full of surprise i guess!
I must thank uncle tex, for helping me recollecting those ghosty memories! :)

NM
10th April 2006, 05:48 AM
[tscii:863681de0b]This is the story of a friend of mine, Prema, which happened 6 years ago.

Prema was a QC inspector with a MNI. She works 3 shifts. Once, after her afternoon shift, she hopped onto the factory bus, as usual to go back home. The factory bus' usual route includes passing through 2 cemetaries. She got home, took her bath and slept.
The following was told by her sister…

Once Prema got up the next morning, her sister noticed that she was unusually quiet. She refused to take her bath, eat or pray. Her sister thought she was just being moody, so she left her to go to work (also in the same company). Her mother noticed that Prema behaved strangely that day, she didn't eat or talk, just laid on the bed, staring at the ceiling. And, she also didn't go to work. Her mom thought she was just feeling down/unwell, so left her to it and went on doing her chores around the house.

When her sister came back, she went into the room and saw Prema's eyes were red and she started laughing and crying at the same time. Prema and her mom didn't know what was wrong with her. They tried to calm her down with prayers etc but she became wilder. A few minutes later, she collapsed and went to sleep. Prema's sister and mother thought that she must be feeling rather depressed because she had quarreled with her boyfriend, so they let her be.

At around 2 in the morning, her sister heard the front door opening. She got up, woke her mother and both of them went out top see what it was. What they saw was Prema standing outside their flat and looking down at the road beneath. They lived on the 7th floor of a 16 floor flat and it scared them to find Prema standing outside at that hour! Prema who's a scary-cat, actually up and outside at 2am!! They slowly approached Prema, held her hands and took her back into their flat.

The next morning, Prema appeared to be normal but she still refused to pray or go to work. Her sister had to let Prema's boss know that Prema wile b away for some time but don't know how long because something was wrong with her. Prema's boss was understanding and agreed to talk to the HR and let her go on unpaid leave..
This went on for about 4 days and on the fifth day, which was a Friday, Prema's mother got up and made her usual pooja in the morning. And Prema gave the loudest shrieking wail that made her mom stop what she was doing. She went into the room and found Prema with blood, all over. She didn't know what to do..she called Prema's sister, asking her to come back from work. And then, she called an Indian priest cum exorcist (?) to come over because she suspected something was strange!

When Prema's sister arrived, she saw that the priest was talking to Prema. Prema appeared to have calmed down and was talking to the priest. Apparently, a spirit of a young woman who committed suicide because her fiancé jilted her had got into Prema's body and refused to leave until she's married of to her 'darling Wilson'. She gave the priest 7 days, in which to get this done, or she'll leave, with Prema.. But, she made a promise that she will not disturb anyone or Prema in the meantime. The priest agreed.

Prema's mother, the priest and the sister discussed on what to do and to do it. Their dilemma was a 'candidate'….they approached Prema's boyfriend and asked if he could do this for her. He agreed. So, they arranged for a wedding between 'Mary' and 'Wilson' ona Sunday, at Prema's flat. They had to make it look like a real wedding, as that was what 'Mary" wanted. So, they printed some cards, invited Prema's other sisters and brothers-in-law and their children, bought a pair of rings and hired a white wedding gown.

On the said day, a Priest came to their flat and married "Mary" off to "Wilson". "Mary" was so happy. After the wedding ceremony,"Mary" thanked everyone and told Prema's mother that it was time for her to leave now and that she was returning Prema back to her, unharmed……

Until today, Prema does not know what happened to her in those few weeks but knew she had been somehow very sick. She still goes to work, still working 3 shifts and still following the same route but no more incidents after that one…

The end..........[/tscii:863681de0b]

rachel
10th April 2006, 06:20 AM
guys...

i watched a programme(series) on TV about ghosts.

2 guys(boy and girl) they wanted to get pictures of ghosts. so they visited the very famous haunted places in our country.

they'd stay at each place the whole night and get pictures of ghosts. they'd have devices around their body to pick up ghosts paranormal activities. they'd have a camera or light at the top of their head, so we can see their scary faces when they were in the haunted places at night...

they'd even record the noises of that places....
sometimes when they were in that horrible places, the door'd automatically open or sometimes they'd hear foot steps behind them....

they shot very horrible ghosts pictures....so scary

if i were there i'd die with fear.

pavalamani pragasam
10th April 2006, 07:47 AM
Prema's case is one of pure mental illness!

Rachel, TV shows are for sensation!

NM
10th April 2006, 08:55 AM
madam.....why do you say that??? the family did investigate and found out that was a 'Mary' who did commit suicide.... :)

pavalamani pragasam
10th April 2006, 08:57 AM
Still??? There is a haziness about these 'real' stories making me reluctant to believe!

NM
10th April 2006, 08:59 AM
Still???onnumE puriyala ulagaththilE :oops: :oops: ennamO nadakuthu, marmamaa irukkuthu :oops: :roll:

rachel
10th April 2006, 09:42 AM
Prema's case is one of pure mental illness!

Rachel, TV shows are for sensation!

:shock: really..i wish you could go and sleep in a haunted place for 1 night. then only you'd realise what i meant :evil:

pavalamani pragasam
10th April 2006, 11:08 AM
:huh:

crazy
10th April 2006, 01:19 PM
NM ur story was quite unbelievable :roll:
but it was scary :cry:

NM
11th April 2006, 04:09 AM
but it was scary :cry:Crazy..I know...when Prema came back to work, we had tough time to be normal with her...always on the look out..you know... :oops:

crazy
14th April 2006, 06:03 PM
but it was scary :cry:Crazy..I know...when Prema came back to work, we had tough time to be normal with her...always on the look out..you know... :oops:

hmh avanavanukku vandha thaan theriyum! is she ok now? :)

NM
18th April 2006, 04:58 AM
Crazy : yes, she's OK now.... :D

Querida
23rd April 2006, 09:40 AM
ayyo NM im scared now... :( I've heard so many stories like this from relatives in Malaysia and my own Appa...but still reading that ayyo im getting shivers....will have to get my sis to sleep beside me tonight!

Hulkster
26th April 2006, 12:11 PM
About relating to this ghost stories....It is believed a pontianak will attack you if girls let their hair down at night....and in those days in kampung singapore pontianaks used to screech and scratch the walls of the house when a girl was pregnant inside...usually they make some sort of prayers to make the pontianak go away.

I have tons of ghost stories that i can make a mega serial out of them...you guys can choose what type of story you want...i will categorise them now.

1)Exorcism,Possesion
2)God vs Spirit
3)Kaliamman stories(very scarey)
4)Black Magic
5)Normal Spirit stories(see ghost,hear ghost type of story)

a.ratchasi
2nd May 2006, 01:40 PM
Hulkster, don't copy from The Singapore Ghost Stories ah!!
I have the almost complete collection!! :D :wink:

Querida
4th May 2006, 09:14 AM
I just watched a malaysian-made movie in tamil called Uyir....creepy! :shock:

Hulkster
4th May 2006, 09:59 AM
Ratchasi madam kavalai padathaenge..ithu yennodeiya sontha experience...:lol:...Was there a pontianak inside the movie?

a.ratchasi
4th May 2006, 12:28 PM
Ratchasi madam...

:shock: Now that is scary, Hulkster!!
No formalities, naan 1 or two years athaan ungalode older ra iruppen. :wink: :lol:
Do start sharing your experiences. :)

Hulkster
5th May 2006, 07:24 PM
Well let me start off with a soft experience.

I was once doing prayers with my mother when she suddenly got possesed and starting waving like a snake...then she called the whole family and conveyed to us some messages about the family's future and problems....it seems my great grandmother was talking to us through her. As a messenger i had to read what she was trying to say and convery it to the family. When all these was done...my mum just looked like she was about to pass off and then i caught a smell of jasmine in the air as she left. There were many like possessions like this afterwards but this was the first one i encountered.

ab_123
6th May 2006, 01:02 AM
Creepy one, Hulkster. :shock:

Hulkster
6th May 2006, 10:50 AM
Creepy?...i tot i narrated it in a droning fashion.

Lambretta
13th May 2006, 05:53 PM
Well let me start off with a soft experience.

I was once doing prayers with my mother when she suddenly got possesed and starting waving like a snake...then she called the whole family and conveyed to us some messages about the family's future and problems....it seems my great grandmother was talking to us through her. As a messenger i had to read what she was trying to say and convery it to the family. When all these was done...my mum just looked like she was about to pass off and then i caught a smell of jasmine in the air as she left. There were many like possessions like this afterwards but this was the first one i encountered.
:shock: Anna hulk, u call this a "soft" experience?! :oops:

uncle tex
14th May 2006, 10:24 PM
Hi,
it's Uncle Tex back again. Sorry if I did not reply to any of you in the last month I have been away and have not had access to a PC. It's nice to see all those ghost stories posted I'm going to enjoy reading them. Thanks.