PDA

View Full Version : Historical Novels: Ponniyin Selvan vs Kadal Pura

Oldposts
12th December 2004, 08:32 AM
Topic started by AK (@ sgigate.sgi.com) on Wed Nov 7 04:10:16 .

Hi,

I just finished "Kadal Pura" by Sandilyan and wanted to get some views on what others think of it. Someone on this forum recommended Kadal Pura as a great historical novel. I think I would have to disagree.

A historical novel is one which not only is set in historical times but also is built upon a series of historical events. Moreover, it also ought to comment upon the social melieu of those times. Sadly, Kadal pura was a huge disappointment in those terms. Although, the setting was historical and a couple of main characters were, almost none of the events had any historical basis.

It almost seemed at times like it was a Rajnikanth movie with its larger than life hero Karunakara Pallavan doing amazing deeds.

Ponniyin Selvan on the other hand was a joy to read. It discussed the political/social situation in the country... discussed the historical aspects.. with a lot of vivid imagination thrown in to boot.

I would love to hear comments from other people who have read both the books.

Cheers,

AK

Oldposts
duh??!! What do you mean none of the events had a historical basis in KP vs. PS? Apart from the fact of Aditha Karikalan's death everything else is fictional in PS. Same way apart from (the future) war in Kalinga and Kulothungan's visit to kadaaram when he was still a prince everything in KP is fiction.

There is no social commentary in PS - political, definitely. Religious - in a couple places w/ saivas vs. vaishnavas. Sandilyan on the other hand, pontificates at the beginning of each chapter typically on philosophy, but on other issues as well - has little to with the what people living in that time might have felt and more to do with his personal opinions.

Kalki who wrote earlier was inspired by Dumas, Austen et al. Sandilyan's models/inspiration was from the next generation of historical fiction wirters such as Rafael Sabatini/Stanley Weyman etc. Sandilyan could have followed in Kalki's footsteps or chosen a different path - he chose the different path. Unfortunately, it doesn't have much appeal these days.

If what you're saying is that you liked the multiple points of view in PS, the diverse background of the characters, and the depth of characterization that's a whole other kettle of fish.

Oldposts
Kik,

There were quite a few historical personnel/events in Ponniyin Selvan.. far more than in kadal pura. also in Kadal Pura.. Sandilyan states that the "missing years" of Anabaayar where he is supposed to have gone to China as a Cholan envoy forms the basis for the novel. Fine.. but what after that?

Also, there IS quite a bit of "social" commentary in PS as in how people live.. their religious functions.. their day to day activities.. something missing from Sandilyan...

IMHO, historical novels ought to be more like what Dumas wrote.. centred on certain historical events but with vivid imagination so that it can almost spring alive in the reader's mind... Sandilyan unfortunately seems to have used the historical setting.. but again.. way too much of the "masala" in it for it to be a truly historical novel.. after a while I felt as if I was reading just another book with of course an odd historical reference or two thrown in.

In Sivakamiyin Sabatham for eg, right at the start.. Kalki lists out about 8 irrefutable historical events which occured and about which the stories are based.. yes quite a few characters are imaginary.. but he does set out which are which. (Of course I am talking about SS as the book.. not as the "thodar").

Cheers,

AK

Oldposts
AK: Let's not bring SS into this - let's focus on PS & KP only. KP's history - there was discrimination against tamil merchants in Kalinga, piracy increased in the SE Asian straits preying on the rich trade between India and SE Asia. There was a kingdom in Sri Vijaya - its rightful King was driven out of the kingdom and landed in India asking for Chola assistance to get his throne back. This was given to him. He gave as presents/tribute the famous golden/silver doors etc. of his palace (it's been 10 years or more since I last read KP). You might say that this is still very little history and too general. So is PS - apart from karikaalan's death we know nothing about the times. We know all the chieftains lived, chola troops were in Sri Lanka, the king had 3 children. That's it - there's even no reason to believe vanthiyathevan was a poor unknown.

As for the so-called 'social' commentary - this is all gupsa. No history of the (early) chola times points these details out definitively. The comments about religious and day-to-day activities are equally true of pallava times (late 8th cent) as also the second pandyan age 'til the very early 15th century.

Dumas vs. 'masala' - this is an age-old debate about how history is made: is it by almost super-human heroes like Napoleon or the activities of a diverse set of actors cutting across different sections of society. If I remember right, these are referred to as the big man/little man theories of history. The little man theory has become more popular today.

Oldposts
Kik:

My main point is that, seen in a literary perspective... KP seems almost like a "pulp fiction" novel for some reason... maybe because of the larger than life heroics of Karunakara Pallavan...

Again purely from a literary point of view, IMHO, KP has to take second spot to PS... just the way it was written...

I guess there will always be two opinions on this.. :) Anyhoo.. thanks for your inputs.

Cheers,

AK

Oldposts
I've read both the KP and PS...to me KP was more appealing in the angle of historical happenings.

Oldposts
There is no doubt that PS is more popular than KP among us. The reason is PS talks about everliving greatest king of the Tamils Rajaraja Cholan. But Karunakara Thondaiman is not an unknown character in the history of Tamils. He himself was a pallava king (Sitrarasan) served the Chola dynasty under Anabaaya Cholan. The great Tamil parani poetry Kalingathu parani says what happened in the war between Cholas and kalingas (present Orissa). Jayangodaar praises directly the great of Anabaaya chola chakravarthy but saying the greatness of the war, he portrays how tough Karunakaran was against the Tamils enemy. Anabaaya Cholan is a great grandson of the great Rajaraja Cholan. Chandilyan might have felt Karunakara Thondaiman should be portrayed properly for his war against kalingas and how loyal and close he was to his king and friend Anabaaya Cholan.

Oldposts

Oldposts
Nobody to discuss anymore. Why?

Oldposts
IMO, Sandilyan's stories are read more for
tiltilating varnanais about the "handling" of good structured females by hero (add to it 'Latha's plumpy drawings). Several years
of Kumudam sales was dependant on that.

BTB, KP's description of puyal and VellaM in
sea was more exhaustive and dramatic than the
one showed in Guns of Navarone. Not sure if any
story or tamil movie showed such a detailed
description of the cyclone in sea. Sandilyan
had done a wonderful job..

Yavana Rani is one more story where you feel
like reading the book at one stretch..

There was one more (last) story by Sandilyan
which came in Kumudam - used to be competition
between two heroines - both superb kattais..
one was manjal nayagi or something..

Nowadays we do miss historical story writers
in tamil. That way Sandilyan was the last
"readable" (IMHO) historical tamil novel writer.

Suresh

Oldposts
Yes Suresh,
After Sandilyan, no body is good or atleast not popular in writing Historical novels. You told about Yavana Rani. That's a superb novel I Liked it very much. It is a very old story of Sandilyan. It appeared on Kumudam in the 60's. Sandilyan did not write much about women in that novel as in his later novels. The way he told the story is superb. It talked about making the King The Great Karikarcholan. But the hero of the novel belongs to Pandya Kingdom. There are lot of things to discuss about this story.

Oldposts
LTTE leader V.PRABAKHARAN said that he was very impressed by the historical navalse in tamil also he mension about kadal pura.
now you don't wan't to talk about historical events, in EELAM there are done mavelous events by kadal pulikal.

Oldposts
Both are very good historical novels. We should not compare.

Oldposts
Please read prabanchan's vAnam vasappadum and mAnudam vellum. They are the BEST historical novels in Tamil

Oldposts
sandilyan explained well about , how they built ships(paaimara padagu) and cyclones etc on KP.
But I love PS than KP.I love Kalki´s tamil and characters.

Oldposts
I first read both these novels around 20 years ago, and since then I have read both these novels many times.

I like KP more than PS, probably because I am now living in Indonesia which was the main component of the Sri Wijaya Kingdom. It appears to me that Sandilyan's description about the people and places in KP are more or less true, although in some cases there appear to be a bit of overstating.

If you go to the Musium in Jakarta you can see a lot of Hindu symbols, statues, stone writings, etc., which I believe are because of the influence of Chola Kings.

They are both very good novels, and therefore no need to discuss as to which one is better than the other.

Oldposts
Hi all,

I want to read "Kadal Pura" from net. Where can i find it? Waiting for your replies.

Dani

Oldposts
In PS I was confused in climax.I was not able to ascertain the climax.Still I'm having some doubt about the climax.who are the parents of nandhini?
frinds plz tell if you know

Oldposts
Sri

The climaz is not confusing. Since the chola period does not ends with that, it is quite difficult give an certain end. Anyhow, the parents of Nandhini are......................

Friend, that is the thread which drags the story. Some of my friends above might not have read the story. Anyway, u read volume 5 again.

Oldposts
I read that part thrice but I was not able to get it.please help me.atleast tell me the parents of chendhan amudhan.bye

Oldposts
Ponniyin Selvan is the best.. Always..

Oldposts
no responce to my question why?

Oldposts
The parents of chenthan amudhan are King Kandaraadhiththar and Queen Chembian madevi. He was thought to be dead after he was born and was given to Vaani (who can't speak or hear) who while burying the child found out that the baby was not dead (by the help of one Karuthiruman.) So she started raising the child herself, but both the queen and chenthan amudhan found the truth soon enough but did not reveal it for tactical reasons as it would automatically fulfill Kandaraadhiththar's wish that only Sundara Chola's dynasty will continue to rule the chola empire.

Oldposts
Hi guys,

These are both historical NOVELS. You need some amount of imagination about events/people that happened. The novelist ought to be able to make the reader enjoy the read, and if possible grab a couple of "historical messages". Both do these. Reading more than that would be inappropriate. If someone wanted exact historical accounts, they should not be reading the NOVELS. I had been a huge fan of both, and I think Sandilyan kindles young adults imagination. I had been in those battle grounds on more than many occassions thinking about strategies. Kalki has a shot of reality. You feel almost helpless about certain situations. It all depends on the appeal you want to have on a given day.

Cheers

Oldposts
Hi Friends, I had read both the novels PS and KP. Kalki move every character as a boat sail on the river. Here sandilyan give equal distribution. so both the novel is fine to read.
My home town is Thanjavur, i had got more historical place after reading PS. In my point of view each and every novel state an important points to the reader. please tell me more.

Oldposts
[tscii:714952f2ba]hi
thanks sweetnothing.but i have one more doubt .can u clear it.was nandhini sister of chendhan amudhan[/tscii:714952f2ba]

Oldposts
[tscii:157a7029a1]I have read both PS and KP when I was 21. For me both novels are good. They cant be compared. But they can be distinguished. I like to point out some difference btw those. This is purely my perception. Need not be exact.

Both are historic stories. But KP has the Run of Interest compared to PS. Kalki has concentrated more on Tamil writings and his way of writings. Sandilyan has concentrated on the Tamil Writing and also the Reader's interest.. PS's Climax wud not be interesting (its jus surprise end without any heat in the climax) whereas KP's climax comes as Tamil Cinema Climax (in all his novel except mannan magal). Sandilyan's stories include more sexual description compared to Kalki's. One can learn the art of pleasing their Lovers if they read Sandilyan's KP, Yavana Rani, Raja Muththirai, Raja Thilagam(sex concentration is more in this book :-)), Pallava Thilagam. The most important part of a story is love. There is no lack in Sandilyan's but bit lacking in Kalki's. Another most important part of historic novel is to expose the History and Literatures. There is no lack in Kalki's but bit lacking in Sandilyan's. But Sandilyan's makes sure he present some proves (in the same book as notes) on whatever incident he is telling. Both are very good writers. But Sandilyan's Stories captures more hearts with his Romantic writing. Though PS is the best in Historic Novels. It does not mean that KP is least.. But surely more interesting..

As per my visual statistics, Young blood and masculine gender will like Sandilyan's(especially Yavana Rani, KP, Raja Thilagam, Raja Muththirai. these are best rated in Sandilyan's). Sometimes old blood who do not give importance to Romance very much and Feminine in particular will always like Kalki's. Some times Sandilyan's might be irritating for feminine due to the excess of Romance. This is truly my perception. Need not be right.

Those who love the romance might rate the Sandilyan's as best after they read both the novels.

Also I would suggest If this topic name can be changed to Ponniyin Selvan vs. Yavana Rani.

More will continue after ur replies.

[/tscii:157a7029a1]

Oldposts
[tscii:807d9a9687]Comparing Ponniyin Selvan with Kadal Pura is like comparing Himalayas with St Thomas Mount.
supa[/tscii:807d9a9687]

Oldposts
[tscii:8eb7358ad0]No Supa.

Its Comparing Himalayas with Sea. Both are best.[/tscii:8eb7358ad0]

Oldposts
[tscii:11f6cf9be5]I have read both Kalki and Chandilyan..IMHO,Kalki is very BAD in writing romance novel..But,Chandilyan..o! My boy!!He sets the testosterone level to shoot up off the roof each time i read..Raja thilagam was the ultimate in romace with 2 heroines vying for the same hero with mutual understanding..I noticed one important thing in Chandilyan.,.He takes KAADHAL and VEERAM, the two characteristic Tamil identity very seriously..i love the scenes where the hero meeets the heroine in the night secretly in tha garden in all his novels..No English writer i had read (including Mike Nichols)can beat him in romance and fast paced action..

Parthiban kanavu is better than ponniyin selvan cos it was short and sweet!![/tscii:11f6cf9be5]

Oldposts
[tscii:767c201900]hey
does anyone knows where saandilyans book availabe on the net .
--Saandilyen[/tscii:767c201900]

Oldposts
[tscii:63062fe5fa]here is a link that had details on Akilan and Na.Parthasarathy's works
http://classic1231.tripod.com[/tscii:63062fe5fa]

Oldposts
any one knows any websites thats fully have the tamil historic novels of both kalki & Sandilyan.
If any 1 willing to sell their novels by both pls let me know.

Oldposts
Hi,
Read these comments on kalki and chandaliyan
How bad those on kalki!!Kalki novel padikkarathuku oru rasipu thanmai vendum. I think those whoooo wants a climax as in a masala movie is not supposed to read great novels like PS And one tells that Chandaliyan is excellent in areas of sex ! Oh kadavulae if u want sex in novels go for some sex books why do u expect it in kalkiso bad of u all nay way train ur maind to read good novels!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oldposts
I have the same opinioin of Arun...
Its Comparing Himalayas with Antartic ocean.
Both are large enough to make us amuse.
Both having peculiarity in their writtings.
And they both don't have followers... like Barathidhasan to Barathi or somebody who even try to fulfill their place in tamil lit., world.
But Sandilyan have only one draw back that the discrbing style of his heroine. it is toooo hot.

Oldposts
Hii all,
i was attracted more by SANDILYAN than by KALKI because he scripts with real history while KALKI add his own stories with the history to make the story intresting.
We can see them clearly because NANDHINI is an imaginary character who has captured everyone's heart but thats the fact. Those who read History apart from stories can learn it. Similalry SIVAGAMI in SIVAMIYIN SABATHAM, who is also an imaginary character. Kalki ties the story with those imaginary characters only and if they were absent the story lack its thread.
But SANDILYAN narrates the history with historical heroes. Karunakara Pallavan (Thondaimaan) is a historical character and everyone knew about KULOTHUNGA CHOLAN who had been even to CHINA as an embassy of CHOLA kingdom. Then in YAVANNA RANI, KARIKALAN lost his reign to his kin and got back the kingdom at venniparanthali war and so only built GRAND ANNAICUT(KALLANAI), its all the fact that story is not built with imaginary characters.
Another thing everyone has said is 'sex', i accept youngsters should not be given Sandilyan's book. But his works as Seran magal, Yavana Rani, Kadal purra and few other has portrayed heroines not through sex.

KALKI is the outstanding author in historical by his thoughts and imaginations blended with history. He gives the history of cholas in PS.
but he should have narrated with historical character itself and not with imaginary characters.

Oldposts
Hi friends!
The art of writing historicals is a very difficult art. simply put it is the art of filling up gaps in history(due to want of facts and evidence) with imaginative guesswork and imaginary characters. Kalki, while writing Ponniyin Selvan did not have any compulsions to write a fast paced novel. He did not care about the pace of the novel(Strange even for a weekly series). Whereas Sandilyan was under the compulsion of making every episode fast paced and thrilling(weekly one episode). Strange as it may sound, though both wrote for literary magazines, Sandilyan's style was apt for Kumudam(young people's magazine). Kalki wrote for old people and kids(predominantly). So comparing them both is like comparing Michael Bevan and Rahul Dravid(Both excel in different league of cricket). Due to the fact that Kumudam patronised Sandilyan, he wrote huge no. of historicals for that magazine. Which in turn might have taken away some depth, which Kalki could impart to his 3 major historicals(Parthiban Kanavu, Sivagamiyin Sabadham adn Ponniyin selvan). In short Sandilyan's work are like paperbook novels written by James Hadley Chase, in a historical context. But very very interesting.
thanks,
Jaiganesh

Oldposts
Please do not compare Amarar Kalki and Sandilyan novels like Leony's pattimanram. One has to individually enjoy those author's works. I had read all the works of both of these author's works. Though I am a great fan of Sandilyan I would not like to compare the authors work and give a rating. For example if Kalki were to asked to rate Sandilyan works he would have rated better than his own works, in the same way even Sandilyan would have rated Kalkis works better than his own. This is my humble and strong opinion.
If any one wants a little more interesting information of Sandilyan e-mail me.
Please read works of other authors like Akilon,Na.Parthasarathy,Kovi Manisekaran,Jegachirpian,Somu and a lot more of them.
I had read all these authors works for about 30 years and still I continue to read again and again whenever I get a chance.

Oldposts
See discussions in some old threads on same topic:
http://forumhub.com/tnhistory/17484.05.22.16.html (http://forumhub.com/tnhistory/17484.05.22.16.html
)

A related thread :
http://forumhub.com/tlit/2263.01.43.16.html (http://forumhub.com/tlit/2263.01.43.16.html
)

Oldposts
Comparing amarar Kalkis histoical novels with Chandilyans is just like comparing Maha Bhatathy
with Kavingar Kannadasan. We cannot enjoy sexual sensation in Bharathiars works but in Kavigar Kannathasans songs one can feel it .His songs with double meaning is so valger as anything and
one can enjoy sexual sensation abundantly.
Bharathiar is great . Kannadasan is also big in his own way.
AMARAR KALKI KRISHNAMOORTHY IS GREAT. CHANDILYAN IS ALSO A GREAT NOVELIST IN HIS OWN STYLE.

Oldposts
Comparing amarar Kalkis histoical novels with Chandilyans is just like comparing Maha Bhatathy
with Kavingar Kannadasan. We cannot enjoy sexual sensation in Bharathiars works but in Kavigar Kannathasans songs one can feel it .His songs with double meaning is so valger as anything and
one can enjoy sexual sensation abundantly.
Bharathiar is great . Kannadasan is also big in his own way.
AMARAR KALKI KRISHNAMOORTHY IS GREAT. CHANDILYAN IS ALSO A GREAT NOVELIST IN HIS OWN STYLE.

Oldposts
Hi Friends,
Iam heavly attracted by SANDILYAN with KadalPura.
Iam surprising with our Chola Kings and them clevernes on 1063..
We can find tamil people clever, cautions, fighting techniques and more...
Siva

Oldposts
[tscii:207f20c83e]http://www.iomx.com/online_ebooks.htm (http://www.iomx.com/online_ebooks.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/download.htm (http://www.iomx.com/download.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/webmaster.htm (http://www.iomx.com/webmaster.htm
)
http://www.iomx.com/[/tscii:207f20c83e]

Oldposts
[tscii:0660d6abec]One of the greatest moment in Poniyin chelvan is Adhithya Karikaalan's death. According to history(Thiruvalaankaadu Cheppedu- Inscription)Karikaalan died in a lowly lit room. And still it is a mystery who killed Karikaalan. Is Vanthiathevan's jail justified(According to history)? Or is it really Paandiyar behind it. Or is it merely a power struggle between RajaRajan and Karikaalan where RajaRajan had all the support rom Kunthavi??? Who knows? But Kalki wrote it in such a way that the episodes were not contradicting the history and yet leaving room for all the other options.
Yes he is a great writer and Poniyin Chelvan is a Historical novel with timeless beauty.
Aravinthan
Australia [/tscii:0660d6abec]

Oldposts
[tscii:f9d72458b0]http://www.valaippoo.blogspot.com/[/tscii:f9d72458b0]

Oldposts
[tscii:8d1c8c8ff8]go to http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/pmfinish.html#dt0169 (http://www.tamil.net/projectmadurai/pmfinish.html#dt0169
)
to find the full text of ponniyin selvan in pdf format[/tscii:8d1c8c8ff8]

Oldposts
Hi Friends! I have also read the books written by both superb novelist.I don't variate the novels by quandity of taste which is given in those books.
I just read the books and enjoy the time and these books make me to feel freely time at when I read.
So there is no comparision between them,both the novelist had done good job for tamil.
And atlast i proud to tell something to you,each and every writters has their own creativity and the way to write the ethics,so we should not compare the novelists,but we hava a suggestion to give our own openion for both authors.But thing is
knowing the difficulties of writters during writting the ethics.
thanking you

Oldposts
Friends ! Who was Nandhini's Parents in PS ?

Oldposts
[tscii:0baf705695]how to read pooniyin selven in web site
It is possiable[/tscii:0baf705695]

Oldposts
[tscii:52f5469ad1]Hi,

This is in response to AK. I have read Ponniyin Selvan of kalki more than 5 times. I have been to the places he mentioned like Kodikarai and Nagapatnam.

The fact is that there is a light house which will be lit daily by Pungulazhi's father daily in Kodikarai(in the second episode). I have seen that in the coast of kodikarai(currently residues only remain like a skeleton).

Also there is a backwater river flowing from Nagapatnam to Kodikarai still now. This is the one in which Pungulazhi and Senthan Amuthan take Arul Mozhi varman to Nagapatnam when he has fever in the 3rd/4th Part.

So Ponniyin Selvan has many instances which has a strong background in history. There is also Kulagar temple in Kodikarai and there are many deers as told in the story.

I tried reading Kadal Pura but it was not so interesting as Ponniyin Selvan and finally I gave up.

But I am still wondering what happenned to all after the end of the novel? The novel seemed ending abruptly. I was little dissappointed by that....but I bet it is the best novel in tamil.

rgds.,

Shiv[/tscii:52f5469ad1]

Oldposts
[tscii:aa14f30ceb]hi friends
I am in dubai. any of one having these books in dubai.[/tscii:aa14f30ceb]

Oldposts
[tscii:1a02bd1381]hi friends
I am in dubai. any of one having these books in dubai.[/tscii:1a02bd1381]

Oldposts
[tscii:01fb447eb3]hi friends
I am in dubai. any of one having these books in dubai.[/tscii:01fb447eb3]

Oldposts
[tscii:16cb699d8c]I wood like to read rajamuthrai. of chandiliyan

any of one having experience about this book share.
[/tscii:16cb699d8c]

Oldposts
[tscii:d60232a3cc]IN MY POINT OF VIEW I ENJOYED BY THOSE TWO BOOKS I RED THOSE BOOKS ABOUT 15 YEARS BEFORE WHEN I WAS IN TEEN AGE.NOW ALSO IF I HAVE TIME I WILL ENJOY BY READING THESE BOOKS.BUT NOW MY EXPECTATIONS ARE DIFFERENT.IF I WANT TO COMPARE THESE TWO BOOKS I HAVE TO WRITE TOO MANY PAGES.
SIMPLY I CAN TELL I LIKE PONNIYIN SELVAN THAN KADAL PURA BECAUSE THE WAY KALKI MOVED THE STOREY IS VERY INTERESTING AND I FEEL SANDIYAN'S MOST OF THE OTHER STOREYS ALSO GIVE US THE SAME FEELINGS.[/tscii:d60232a3cc]

Oldposts
Can anyone know the Website having Kadalpura in PDF Format. pls. let me know. I have read PS too, and i bet there will no novels superior or equal to PS in future too.

Oldposts
[tscii:e27b7eae95]hi...iam shiva iam great fan sandilyan...
now iam in australia...after my family imiss sandilyan..very much but when i found the web of ponniyan selvan..i fell much better,but not the books of of sandilyan...can anyone help me...by gving the website address..
bye
shiva[/tscii:e27b7eae95]

Oldposts
[tscii:34a7d4c051]Buy Kalki & Sandilyan books online

at

WWW.UDUMALAI.COM[/tscii:34a7d4c051]
<a name="last"></a>

amozi
17th December 2004, 01:02 PM
Amazing site, with all chapters Ponniyin selvan 8) , Parthiban Kanavu, Sivakamiyin Sabatham available. Enjoy!
http://www.geocities.com/ponniyinselvan_kalki/

rajarathish
10th January 2005, 07:37 PM
hi fiends,
let me know the wabsite of kadal pura in pdf format.

rajarathish
10th January 2005, 07:41 PM
hi friends,
please let me know the website of kadal pura in pdf format.

Chella Shankar
21st September 2005, 08:46 PM
Hello friends,

If you would like to know anything interesting about Sandilyan or his creations Raja Muthirai, Raja Thilagam, Kadal Pura etc.. please feel free to ask me. I love to discuss about his creations.