PDA

View Full Version : Any Violin teachers (Western) in South Chennai?

KBX
19th March 2006, 02:00 AM
Are there any Violin teachers in South Chennai? (Adyar, Santhome, Thiruvanmiyur, Velachery.....or nearby areas) for teaching Western Classical Music?

rajraj
19th March 2006, 08:34 AM
KBX: Visit Musee Musical in Mount Raod. They can help you. Madras Chamber Ensemble can also help you.

http://www.museemusical.com/

KBX
25th March 2006, 12:21 PM
Hi RajRaj,

Do you have the contact information of the Madras Chamber Ensemble or one of its members?

Musee Musical sounds a bit too expensive!

rajraj
26th March 2006, 06:45 AM
No KBX. If you search The Hindu you might find some review of their concerts and get some names.
You have to bear in mind that you live in the carnatic music capital of the world. A very insignificant fraction of the population is interested in western classical. That is why the high price for lessons!
In the US they charge $20 or more for a 45 minute lesson! :)

KBX
28th March 2006, 01:37 AM
Rajraj,
Western Music teachers are all over the place in Chennai but mainly for Guitar, Piano, Keyboard and Drums, Finding a Violin teacher has been the biggest problem. The people that I talked to say that learning to play the Violin is more difficult compared to other instruments and most students give up soon!

For anyone interested in Guitar, Keyboard there are these schools

1. Sheela Musicals, first street Kamaraj Avenue, Kasturibai Nagar, Adyar

2. 3b's shool of Music, Karpagam gardens, Adyar.

3. School of Music, 100 ft road Velachery

4. Galilee Academy, Santhome (Opp Santhome Tamil Church)

rajraj
28th March 2006, 02:20 AM
Rajraj,
The people that I talked to say that learning to play the Violin is more difficult compared to other instruments and most students give up soon!

They are right! Violin is the most difficult to learn among stringed instruments. All three of our sons learnt violin (western classical) and I am fully aware of their initial frustration. We had to give them more than average exposure - private lessons,private string orchestra and school orchestra. Fortunately, none of them broke their violin! :lol:

R
8th October 2006, 09:38 PM
Hi friends,

I live in south brunswick. Is there anyone who is willing to teach my son the above instrument preferably at my place(yr place is also ok)??

Thanks and waiting for yr reply.

Rgds.