PDA

View Full Version : Good Indian movies you would recommend to others

ssanjinika
14th March 2006, 12:33 AM
Guys we have a thread like this in the western movies section and its helpful in deciding which movies we to watch.
I will start off this section by recommending a movie called
Teen Diwaren
I dont know how many know of this movie.Dont think there was a lot of publicity associated with this movie..but I have to say that this is one of the best Hindi movies Ive watched ever.Great performances by Naseruddin shah,Jakie shroff(had given up on this guy) Hydrabad blues guy(forgot the name..think its kunal something-hes the director too) and Juhi Chawla.Great Movie.

madhu
14th March 2006, 06:13 AM
Hi

I think, the director of Hyderbad Blues is Nagesh kukunoor..

Sandeep
14th March 2006, 12:05 PM
Right madhu, it is Nagesh Kukunoor and that guy acts in 3n Deewarien.

Was a different kind of movie.

swathy
14th March 2006, 12:14 PM
Black

Hey Raam

Lagaan

Rang De Basanti

bingleguy
14th March 2006, 12:15 PM
How about Attenborough's Gandhi !

Raikkonen
14th March 2006, 12:32 PM
What bout Perarau's Shivakaasi

bingleguy
14th March 2006, 01:19 PM
What bout Perarau's Shivakaasi

NTR sir ...... vaana vedikkai dhaaaaan !

Nerd
15th March 2006, 02:11 AM
Company by RGV. One the best don movies ever made. It was liked by many of my white friends :)

ssanjinika
15th March 2006, 02:41 AM
Company was great.
Another one of my all time favs is Dil Chata hai..thought the movie was just superb.

P_R
15th March 2006, 01:09 PM
One brilliant Hindi film in the recent years was Maqbool.
Shakespeare's Macbeth wonderfully adapted by Abbas Tyrewala. The locales,ethos was created

Watertight screenplay, you don't sit back at all. Jealousy, lust, hatred, camaraderie, vengeance, love and power were all portrayed elegantly. The movie is exceedingly well written.

Mindblowing performance from Tabu with equally good performance from Irrfan and Pankaj Kapoor. Tabu, in particular had to manage the delicate balance of playing the manipulator and the vulnerable one.Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri as the cops (equivalent of the three witches in Macbeth) are hilarious.

The music score by Vishal Bharadwaj is a big plus. The flute piece in the background for the slow-motion murder sequence is on example of his innovative work.

Though the movie had a good box office run, it is yet to be regarded as classic that it is. Do check it out.

ssanjinika
15th March 2006, 10:29 PM
Agree with u PR .Maqbool was a brilliantly made movie.Mind blowing performances.

P_R
16th March 2006, 11:49 AM
Agree with u PR .Maqbool was a brilliantly made movie.Mind blowing performances.Last heard that Abbas Tyrewala and Vishal Bharadhwaj are working on adapting Othello (with Saif playing Iago)

ssanjinika
18th March 2006, 02:26 AM
Othello..hmm..not my fav Shakespeare play :oops:

Lambretta
18th March 2006, 02:16 PM
Say...is this thread abt recommending only new movies or old ones as well? :D

great
18th March 2006, 07:34 PM
lamby , any movie which you feel good shoot it out

great
18th March 2006, 07:37 PM

i guess even Ajay Devgan plays important role in this movie

VAASTAV by Mahesh Manjrekar is also a good movie....

brilliant performant by the lead cast and slick presentation

P_R
23rd March 2006, 12:43 AM
:(

great
23rd March 2006, 08:05 AM
:( :shock: why u are sad :? , you dont like Ajay Devgan :roll:

Kollywoodfan
23rd March 2006, 09:00 AM
Laagan
Dil Chahta Hai
Kal Ho Naa Ho
Kaakha Kaakha
Black
Sethu
Alai Payuthey / Saathiya
:D :D

P_R
23rd March 2006, 02:04 PM
i guess even Ajay Devgan plays important role in this movie :( :shock: why u are sad :? , you dont like Ajay Devgan :roll: Am not a great fan of his wooden style. (The wounds of Khakee, Kaal,Apaharan are still fresh). Othello requires a fabulous performance showcasing torment, vulnerability and love. I'd be very surpised if Devgan pulls it off. Hence the :-(

Tone down the ambition part and expand the jealousy and you have Othello from Maqbool. So I'd prefer Irfan himself.

great
23rd March 2006, 07:34 PM
i guess even Ajay Devgan plays important role in this movie :( :shock: why u are sad :? , you dont like Ajay Devgan :roll: Am not a great fan of his wooden style. (The wounds of Khakee, Kaal,Apaharan are still fresh). Othello requires a fabulous performance showcasing torment, vulnerability and love. I'd be very surpised if Devgan pulls it off. Hence the :-(

Tone down the ambition part and expand the jealousy and you have Othello from Maqbool. So I'd prefer Irfan himself.

he rocked in Company :roll: Legend of Bhagath Singh :roll: Zakhm :roll:

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 08:28 PM
Um....can we recommend old movies also here?? :)
As I know better abt older ones comp'd w/ the newr ones, unlike the others here! :P :)

Raikkonen
23rd March 2006, 08:42 PM
Moodupani . Indian version of Pyscho...

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 08:50 PM
Moodupani . Indian version of Pyscho...
Hmm.....I used to think "Woh kaun thi" (1964) was based to sum extent on psycho....:)
Btw, NTR garu, u know/understand Hindi too? :)

Raikkonen
23rd March 2006, 08:53 PM
Illa Lamby
I only know Tamil, English and Malay...

Raikkonen
23rd March 2006, 08:54 PM
Ya..
My fault..
it should have been

Moodupani - Tamil answer to Psycho...

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 08:57 PM
Ohh....ok
Yea I guessd Moodupani was a Tamil movie....:)
So was it the one wher Jayalalitha acts as a 'ghost'? It was made in Telugu also.....based on the Hindi film "Woh Kaun Thi"......

Raikkonen
23rd March 2006, 08:59 PM
Issit..
The song was very famous one

Naane Varuven, ingum angum...

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 09:08 PM
Issit..

Hmm......not sure again.....my mom wud know better! :P
Is this the film wher he (MGR?) marries a girl named Sandhya (again Jayalalitha) who looks jus like the "ghost" in the song, who keeps following him singing this song?

ssanjinika
23rd March 2006, 09:14 PM
Moodupani is an awesome movie.Great performances by Shoba and Prathap pothen.
Hindi..
I guess sholay is one..:)
anyone know old DevAnand movies?I meant the real old ones..CID and stuff.

ssanjinika
23rd March 2006, 09:16 PM
Issit..

Hmm......not sure again.....my mom wud know better! :P
Is this the film wher he (MGR?) marries a girl named Sandhya (again Jayalalitha) who looks jus like the "ghost" in the song, who keeps following him singing this song?

YES!!! U got that rite..In tamil its YAR NEE?Amazing movie and superb performances by Jaishankar and JJ.
very well made movie.

Lambretta
23rd March 2006, 09:24 PM
Ohhh.....yes, just rem'd- its YAAR NEE!! :oops:
Tks for correcting me! :)
NTR- turns out Moodupani tat ur referring to is actually a '70s film w/ music by Illayaraja! :)
Btw, SS- did u feel the enthu for responsing to my post bcos ur name was mentioned in it? :wink: :D

Raikkonen
24th March 2006, 07:52 AM
Ya Moodupani...
I dont know the actors name...

alwarpet_andavan
27th March 2006, 06:39 PM
One brilliant Hindi film in the recent years was Maqbool.
Shakespeare's Macbeth wonderfully adapted by Abbas Tyrewala. The locales,ethos was created

Watertight screenplay, you don't sit back at all. Jealousy, lust, hatred, camaraderie, vengeance, love and power were all portrayed elegantly. The movie is exceedingly well written.

Mindblowing performance from Tabu with equally good performance from Irrfan and Pankaj Kapoor. Tabu, in particular had to manage the delicate balance of playing the manipulator and the vulnerable one.Naseeruddin Shah and Om Puri as the cops (equivalent of the three witches in Macbeth) are hilarious.

The music score by Vishal Bharadwaj is a big plus. The flute piece in the background for the slow-motion murder sequence is on example of his innovative work.

Though the movie had a good box office run, it is yet to be regarded as classic that it is. Do check it out.

Just saw the flick this weekend and i completely agree with you.
"Watertight" screenplay it is, alright. I remember reading that Kamal was approached to do a role in this movie.
Check out how, in almost all the scenes, the camera is at an angle lower to the characters [below the eye-line], thereby giving the viewer a perception of ther power of the characters.
Was very impressed even in the very first scene - the lighting is so natural [minimal]. Irfan and Tabu were terrific.
Pankaj Kapoor imitates Brando [GF, of course!] in his walk, dialogue delivery, body/facial posturing and even in turning down the corners of his mouth.

ssanjinika
27th March 2006, 10:09 PM
One of my all time fav hindi comedies is Chupke Chupke.Cast includes Amitab,Jaya Badhuri,Dharmendar and sharmila tagore.Amitab as the absent minded english professor who is forced to take botany lessons for Jaya is hilarious.Couple of songs were major hits too..

P_R
28th March 2006, 02:02 PM
Check out how, in almost all the scenes, the camera is at an angle lower to the characters [below the eye-line], thereby giving the viewer a perception of ther power of the characters. Hmm.... didn't quite catch that. Should see it again.

I remember reading that Kamal was approached to do a role in this movie. Not a role, the role. They approached him to play the title role. He wanted it done as a bilingual. So things didn't materialize.
They thank ManiRatnam in the credits, wonder why ?

Everything came together so well in the movie. I wanted to quote an article in ToI, written by Tyrewala about screenwriting in general, and Mabool in particular. I have the hard copy snipped but I can't find it online.

alwarpet_andavan
28th March 2006, 03:14 PM
Not a role, the role. They approached him to play the title role. He wanted it done as a bilingual. So things didn't materialize.

Ah, now i remember. Guess at that time i thought Aandavar had made a correct decision which only He can make. On hindsight, this is a miss of a lifetime, especially considering the ground lost on the Mumbai Xpress setback.

They thank ManiRatnam in the credits, wonder why ?

Mani Sir in the credits? Need to check it out...

Everything came together so well in the movie. I wanted to quote an article in ToI, written by Tyrewala about screenwriting in general, and Mabool in particular. I have the hard copy snipped but I can't find it online.
If its not so much of a bother can you please post highlights/bullets?

P_R
28th March 2006, 11:39 PM
I wanted to quote an article in ToI, written by Tyrewala about screenwriting in general, and Mabool in particular. I have the hard copy snipped but I can't find it online.If its not so much of a bother can you please post highlights/bullets? It's not about the bother at all A-A.

ToI in its trademark brain dead style had asked asked Tyrewala to write a short piece titled " Does the success of Maqbool mean the Indian filmviewer has ciome of age". Tyrewala tore up the argument saying people have always watched good fare. Then he went on to elaborate on the aesthetics of screenwriting. It was crisply autobiographical and nicely written. He played down Maqbool as a regular drama, written with a keen sense of proportion.

kannannn
29th March 2006, 03:58 AM
ToI in its trademark brain dead style had asked asked Tyrewala to write a short piece titled " Does the success of Maqbool mean the Indian filmviewer has ciome of age".
It's surprising that ToI, the largest selling "tabloid" in the print media even took the pains to ask the scriptwriter for his opinion on a film that doesn't star the top names in Bollywood. In their rush to praise 'Black', a much better, and perhaps the best hindi movie of 2005, 'Page 3' was completely ignored. What else can one expect from a newspaper that gave 5 stars to 'KKKG'?!

That aside, I remember reading that 'Maqbool' was a project that Vishal Bharadwaj had in mind for a long time. Just wondering, why he made the insipid 'Makdee' when he had such a beautiful project in mind!

I also recommend 'Hazaron Khwaishen Aisi' if you have missed it.

P_R
29th March 2006, 02:09 PM
In their rush to praise 'Black', a much better, and perhaps the best hindi movie of 2005, 'Page 3' was completely ignored. Umm...Page 3, IMO, is a highly overrated film. I was sorely disappointed to see it pick up national awards for Best Film and Best Screenplay. It was a nice concept squandered. So I am going to disagree with you asa far as Black vs. Page 3 goes.

I also recommend 'Hazaron Khwaishen Aisi' if you have missed it. I was coming here. This is the Best Film in 2005. It was beautifully (even if not tightly) written with excellent performances from even the smallest of roles. I was completely underprepared for such a nice movie. It carried me along completely, which is something that very rarely happens with me :-)

bingleguy
29th March 2006, 02:10 PM
Vanakkam Prabhu Ram n Kannann

swathy
29th March 2006, 02:14 PM
Bharathi

alwarpet_andavan
29th March 2006, 03:28 PM
I also recommend 'Hazaron Khwaishen Aisi' if you have missed it.

Nandri. Indha 'indhi' padatha dhaan aduthadhu parkalamnu irukken....

Cinefan
29th March 2006, 04:22 PM
Innikki en veetle 'night show'-Maqbool thaan :)

As usual thaniya paarthu rasikka poren.

kannannn
29th March 2006, 10:09 PM
This is the Best Film in 2005. It was beautifully (even if not tightly) written with excellent performances from even the smallest of roles. I was completely underprepared for such a nice movie. It carried me along completely, which is something that very rarely happens with me :-)
I seem to be living in a time warp. I remember watching HKA much before Page 3. Did HKA release in 2005? Then it wins hands down. I can't remember any other recent movie that captured the angst of the youth against the political setup so well. Unfortunately actors like Kay Kay are relegated to playing second fiddle most of their career in Bollywood. It also made me think. Why don't we have more movies on life under emergency?!

Umm...Page 3, IMO, is a highly overrated film. I was sorely disappointed to see it pick up national awards for Best Film and Best Screenplay. It was a nice concept squandered. So I am going to disagree with you asa far as Black vs. Page 3 goes.

Coming back to Page 3, it was still better than Black. Maybe Bhandarkar was bogged down a little by the necessities of following certain bollywood conventions and the film may not have been as raw as one would have expected, but it still managed to capture the lives of the rich and famous behind their facade.

ssanjinika
30th March 2006, 04:47 AM
yes Ive heard that "hazaaron kwaishen aisi" is excellent..infact someone said that if u liked Rang de basanti u would love this one..
Do both the movies share a similar idea?

kannannn
4th April 2006, 11:36 PM
Sanjinika, haven't seen RDB yet :( , so can't comment.

Caught up with 'Dweepa' by Kasaravalli this week. The movie tells the struggles of a woman who is torn between impractical views of her family members and the urgency to save them from the impending monsoon floods that are sure to submerge their village. The characters are minimal (most of the story revolves around the 4 central characters) and the BGM is amazing. In fact, such is the domination of flute and violin, that I could have sworn that the MD is Illayaraja. The credits show the MD as Isaac Thomas Kottukapally. Can someone throw more light on his works?

I was mighty pleased that the VCD came with subtitles. Stangely, this is the only Kasaravalli movie available in either VCD or DVD format. A sorry state of affairs considering that the his films have won four 'Swarna Kamal' awards (highest after Satyajit Ray).

indyahack1
26th April 2006, 07:57 PM
hindi movies pls

Surya
6th May 2006, 02:42 AM
Chandramukhi,
Virumaandi
Hey Ram
Kuruthi Punal
Kaaka Kaaka
Gajini
Anniyan
Aalavanthaan
Salangai Oli

Hmm....THERES SOO MUCH MORE!

Sanguine Sridhar
6th May 2006, 03:53 AM
Kutti ...

m_23_bayarea
6th May 2006, 05:40 AM
These are some movies that I took my American friends to in the recent past ...

* Kal Ho Na Ho

* Yuva

* Main Hoon Naa

* Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham

* Chandramukhi

* Ghajini

* Kaaka Kaaka

and moree ..... :D :thumbsup:

great
6th May 2006, 11:05 AM
what they said after watching K3G :?

narayanan
6th May 2006, 11:16 AM
I second great's question :?

One of our profs polambified so much after seeing DDLJ it was funny to hear his reaction :lol:

enna ivlo paatunu polambitaru manushan.

anbu_kathir
6th May 2006, 11:40 AM
Anjali
Ethir Neechal
Thalapathy
Mouna Ragam
Moondru Mudichu

Each of these were strewn with mindblowing perfomances and wonderful directorial touches by Balachander and Mani Ratnam.

Love and Light.

thamizhvaanan
6th May 2006, 11:54 AM
the immediate movies that come to my mind are

gunaa
hey ram
anbe sivam

:)

sgokulprathap
6th May 2006, 02:27 PM
Nayagan,
Anbe Sivam,
Vaali,
Kurudhi Punal,
Amarkkalam

narayanan
6th May 2006, 03:03 PM
apart from the other mentions, few recommendations from me for now:

Tamil (all thrillers except number 2 and last):
Andha Naal (Sivaji-Pandari Bai movie)
Kannathil Muthamittal
Poovizhi Vasalile
Puriyadha Pudhir
Kan Simittum Neram
Vidiyum Varai Kathiru
Aarilirundhu Arupadhu Varai

Hindi:
Gumnaam(1965 thriller)
Swades
Khakee

Malayalam:
Oru CBI Diary Kurippu
Manichitrathazhu
The Truth (also dubbed Unmai in Tamil)

m_23_bayarea
6th May 2006, 09:49 PM
what they said after watching K3G :?

They got what they wanted basically from an Indian movie !! :thumbsup:

* Great songs with good dances

* Beautiful women

* Exotic glitz and glamor !!

But they mentioned it was tooo melodramatic and tooo long !! :oops: :cry: :oops:

ssanjinika
16th May 2006, 02:04 AM
I watched Darna Zaroori hai last weekend.Its a fun movie to wach.Not really scary like the ring or thereabouts but not explicit like few of the otherones(which really turn the fear factor into a joke).The concept is the exact same as Darna Mana hai.It was a novel concept then and now this one is not so new..but still I enjoyed the movie.
Each story has an entire new technical crew.Pretty unique actually.Bay if you wantto take your non desi friends to a movie,I suggest this one.Its not too long(just around 2 hrs)no songs and the stories are short.A good one from RGV factory :thumbsup:

narayanan
16th May 2006, 09:14 PM
Couple of people were recommending 'Anukokunda Oka Roju' a Telugu movie. Have any idea how it is ?

Raikkonen
16th May 2006, 09:32 PM
thriller...

romio
19th May 2006, 09:31 PM
If u need Good Indian Films
90% of mohanlal films should watch
70% of Kamal hasan films

and some old Hindi films of amithab,sanjeevkumar,shashikapoor,amolpalekar,rajk apoor & black&white devanand films :)

ssanjinika
23rd May 2006, 07:39 PM
Mr & Mrs Iyer..
Bautiful love story..amazing cinematography..and some great acting!Rahul Bose is calm and collected as the wildlife photographer and KonKana Sen Sharma is very good as the young mother and wife.Though the crying baby does sometimes get on your nerves sometimes.Really a touching story! :thumbsup:

Raikkonen
23rd May 2006, 08:03 PM
Godavari of Sumanth and Kamalinee Mukerjhee is very nice..
Heroine subjcet...

great
23rd May 2006, 08:08 PM
Bose- the forgotten hero
The Legend of Bhagath singh
Gandhi

ssanjinika
23rd May 2006, 08:21 PM
Godavari of Sumanth and Kamalinee Mukerjhee is very nice..
Heroine subjcet...
I heard that this movie was very good.Whats it about?

Raikkonen
23rd May 2006, 08:33 PM
Kamalinee plays Godavari role..
She wants to live independtly..
the hero loves her, but she dont think he's right for her..
during a trip, they realise how perfect they are to each other

Raikkonen
23rd May 2006, 08:33 PM
Kamalinee plays Godavari role..
She wants to live independtly..
the hero loves her, but she dont think he's right for her..
during a trip, they realise how perfect they are to each other

Surya
23rd May 2006, 08:38 PM
Saw Being Cyrus a couple days ago. :thumbsup: It was good!

great
23rd May 2006, 11:09 PM

The movie had a mixed review :(

romio
24th May 2006, 12:53 PM
Vanakam Surya macha :D
what was Being Cyrus plot ? Is it a Thriller ?how do you rate the movie I read somewhere that the movie is a flop
:?

Surya
25th May 2006, 03:55 AM
Well,
The movie probably flopped because it's an english movie.

I thought it was good. I didn't see it in the theater, I only watch Hrithik Roshan movies in the theater, I saw this on DVD.

Cyrus (Saif Ali Khan) is a drifter, and he ends up @ Dimple Kabadia's House, who is married to Nasarutheen Shah.

I don't want to say too much, because the movie is a surprice all the way. But I'd recommend it. It was good I thought. 8-)

ssanjinika
25th May 2006, 10:26 PM
After a very very long time watched Saudagar yesterday :).I honestly cant say that the movie is a good one..but it was entertaining(of course I watched a DVD and could fwd the insipid parts-there are quite a few)Songs were a major hit I remember..quite a nostalgic trip for me.
Anyways, if you want to see a cute looking Manisha(dresses were atrocious ofcourse) and an ok looking vivek mushran and have a good laugh watch this one. :)

sanju
29th May 2006, 09:56 PM
can anybody here suggest some good action films from tamil cinema?

great
29th May 2006, 11:05 PM
can anybody here suggest some good action films from tamil cinema?

Kuruthipunal
baasha
kaakha kaakha
Nandha
Devar magan(not full length action , but action sequence are xtrmly good)
amarkalam

Malayalathaan
30th May 2006, 07:31 AM
RAJAMANICKAM starring Mammootty in and as Rajamanickam.

Kerala's BIGGEST hit ever!

princeofkerala
30th May 2006, 08:50 AM
Malayalithan rajamanikyam is Comedy movie then malayalam cinema's biggest Boxoffice hit is Still NARASIMHAM no one broken it .. even rasathanthram collected more than rajamanikyam with in 50 days :lol: rajamanikyam collected well @ thirothuram :P thats it.

Best action film in tamil :)

KakaKaka
Kuruthipunal
Dheena
Baasha

ssanjinika
30th May 2006, 07:18 PM
Watched the telugu movie Athadu yesterday.Loved the movie.The action sequences were shot beautifully(though a lot of it was matrix style)slickly made and very stylish.Story is not exactly new..but I loved the way it was made.Out and out masala movie..but without the usual aaaahhh and aieeees.Mahesh babu fits the role of the strong and silent types to the T .I liked the fact that they could pull off potraying a strong,likeable hero without giving him too much humor or too many dialogues.I think Im a sucker for strong and silent types :P

chaotic whisperz
14th June 2006, 05:09 AM
ANY MOVIE WITH PRIYANKA CHOPRA IN IT

ssanjinika
15th June 2006, 07:27 PM
Watched KOKKI.Its a really good ,well made movie.A simple movie which runs only for an hour and 20 mins.Its about this villager who unfortunately catches the eye of a local big man.The man believes that KOKKI is lucky for him and wants to keep KOKKI with him for the next 7 years.The rest of the story is how KOKKI escapes the clutches of this guy.The amazing thing in this movie is there is no heroism in this story.Its true to life..and the reactions of kokki is also like that.Just because he is a hero,he doesnt suddenly become a superman and bash everyone.The movie is very real and there is no cinematic events/scenees in the movie.Truely a great effort!Hats of to the KOKKI Team :thumbsup:

chaotic whisperz
16th June 2006, 03:19 AM
Watched KOKKI.Its a really good ,well made movie.A simple movie which runs only for an hour and 20 mins.Its about this villager who unfortunately catches the eye of a local big man.The man believes that KOKKI is lucky for him and wants to keep KOKKI with him for the next 7 years.The rest of the story is how KOKKI escapes the clutches of this guy.The amazing thing in this movie is there is no heroism in this story.Its true to life..and the reactions of kokki is also like that.Just because he is a hero,he doesnt suddenly become a superman and bash everyone.The movie is very real and there is no cinematic events/scenees in the movie.Truely a great effort!Hats of to the KOKKI Team :thumbsup:

boooooring... *yawn*

whatever floats your boat...

Lambretta
16th June 2006, 06:42 PM
boooooring... *yawn*

Whoever asked U neways?? :hammer:

Y dont u float outta here b4 we make u sink?! :evil:

Surya
17th June 2006, 12:09 AM

I do like the realism in the movie...but the director, Prabhu SOlomon, seems to have thrown stones on Hindu Beliefs. For that reason, I'm glad the movie will be forgotten, but I hate it when It's always Hindu Beliefs which are targetted as Superstition in Psuedo Secular Tamil Nadu. I do agree that there are certain things in Jodhisham which go overboard, but the way he protrayed the movie, it was like he was saying that All of Joddhisham was BS. Which I didn't appreciate.

ssanjinika
17th June 2006, 12:40 AM
Its not Hindu beliefs,its unnecessary practices which were targetted.I am a staunch believer in hinduism but hate the conmen who take advantage of the flexibility given by this great religion..atleast that was the way I looked at it Surya.I did not look at it as a mark against Jodhisham but as a mark against these stupid people who will blindly believe anything a "So called" jothisi says to the even extent of killing an innocent soul just so they can live well..I feel that such people are a black mark to Hinduism and contibutes to people forgetting Hinduism and converting to other religions.

Surya
17th June 2006, 01:03 AM
Well, I agree that there are things that go overboard with Jodhisham implemented by false astrologers. But if u remember, the title screen showed different snaps from Newspapers about False Godmen, and sexual molestation by Astrologers etc, but all of them seemed to come under the hindu fold.

There are plenty of cases where Sexual Molestation has been filed against christian and muslim false "Samiyars" but they're weren't really concentrated on.

I also think that the director sould have stressed the point that the Astrologer that Kota Srinivas Rao had was FAKE. But more than that, if seems like an attempt to prove that astrology in a whole was false.

Karan's Final Dialouge:

"Intha maari allunga ellam Katta thai namburan, athu pragarom poran. Naange appadi kadaiyaathu sir...Soodhu vaathu theriyaathu, veguli." What does believing in Astrology have anything to do with not being innocent?

I didn't see any of this when I first saw the movie, but then I saw his interview with Madhan on VJ TV, where he has said that he is rabidly against Vedic Astrology. And in that interview, he has said many things insulting vedic astrology. Then I saw the movie again, and I saw his narrow minded direction. :)

None the less, the realism and the slick presentation was good.

ssanjinika
17th June 2006, 01:06 AM
ohh didnt watch the interview surya.. so I guess I have a different impression of :).As you say nontheless it was a good presentation.

Surya
17th June 2006, 01:31 AM
:thumbsup: :D

chaotic whisperz
18th June 2006, 06:02 AM
boooooring... *yawn*

Whoever asked U neways?? :hammer:

Y dont u float outta here b4 we make u sink?! :evil:

try it... im wearing a lifevest

ramky
19th June 2006, 07:46 AM
THIRUTTU PAYALE - shows how a Rogue is born, because of learning the
the wrong things from a corrupt father.

FANAA - for its music; pairing of Aamir Khan & Kajol, and attempt to portray India and Pakistan both being at the receiving end of terrorism.

Lambretta
21st June 2006, 02:13 PM
*dig

try it... im wearing a lifevest
Yea is tat all tat u can afford to wear?? :P :lol:

Surya
22nd June 2006, 12:24 AM

FANAA - for its music; pairing of Aamir Khan & Kajol, and attempt to portray India and Pakistan both being at the receiving end of terrorism.

:banghead:

ramky
25th June 2006, 10:26 AM

:banghead:

Surya : thalaya muttikka vEndaam. :P i didnt mean to convey that both are actually at the receiving end of terrorism, but that the director Kunal Kohli didnt show Pakistan being enemy number 1 as is ususally done ! i feel this is a notable change from the usual trend.

shalushalu
25th June 2006, 03:31 PM
Dil Chata Hai ...

I am not such an ardent one of Bollywood. But, I thought that was definitely a recommendable one.

Of love, and of friendship. Beautifully potrayed by Amir Khan, Saif Ali Khan, Akshay Khanna, Preity Zinta, Dimple Kapadia.

It was one of those Hindi movies that I didnt mind wasting my time and energy on.

Hmm, out of a sudden, another comes to mind. I believe it is Khamoshi. Manisha being the daughter of a deaf and dumb couple. I dunno about you guys, but it was a rather feel good one.

Greetings. :D

ramky
25th June 2006, 09:53 PM
Shalushalu : I too liked Dil Chahta Hai :-)

great
25th June 2006, 09:54 PM
Maih hoon Na was comedy :rotfl:

actually KH was offered the role of suniel shetty but KH refused the movie :P

ssanjinika
26th June 2006, 07:26 PM
Havent watched that one balaji :roll:

great
26th June 2006, 08:28 PM
Havent watched that one balaji :roll:

you meant Main hoon na * SRK, sen rite better not watch that movie unfortunately its a hit :(

ssanjinika
26th June 2006, 08:33 PM
rite! Iwas talking about Main Hoon na :P
:D
u put it in good indian movies to watch thread :P

great
26th June 2006, 08:44 PM
rite! Iwas talking about Main Hoon na :P
:D
u put it in good indian movies to watch thread :P

Ramkey has edited his post :evil: :P my post was just reply to him :)

ssanjinika
26th June 2006, 08:49 PM
Ahh..I seemed to have missed a few things here :P.Did wonder abt MHN,since as far as Ive seen you do have good taste in movies :P.(couldnt believe you would suggest MHN)

ramky
26th June 2006, 11:50 PM
great : :lol2: ithai than unga kitte ethirpaarthEn !

SS : but dont you agree that MHN is a decent film for a debutant director ? songs are also superb and very well picturised.

Querida
28th June 2006, 09:02 AM
Must be a sucker for epics but recommend Mughal-e-azam and Devdas.

For a different kind of movie do watch "Water" by Deepa Mehta.

ramky
28th June 2006, 09:16 PM
Must be a sucker for epics but recommend Mughal-e-azam and Devdas.

For a different kind of movie do watch "Water" by Deepa Mehta.

Querida : Mughal-e-azam is a superb classic. i dont mind listening to "jab pyar kiya to darna kya" any number of times.

which Devdas ur referring to ? i feel that the latest version is extravagant, but not upto the mark inspite of the star cast.

ssanjinika
29th June 2006, 02:53 AM
great : :lol2: ithai than unga kitte ethirpaarthEn !

SS : but dont you agree that MHN is a decent film for a debutant director ? songs are also superb and very well picturised.

told you ,havent watched the film.Read the story and it didnt impress me much.But i am biased.Dont like shah rukh too much :P.Feel hes a bit stereotypical.Though I feel he has lots of potential,hes wasting it in karan johar type movies(all sacchrine and no spice)

Querida
29th June 2006, 03:18 AM
Querida : Mughal-e-azam is a superb classic. i dont mind listening to "jab pyar kiya to darna kya" any number of times.

which Devdas ur referring to ? i feel that the latest version is extravagant, but not upto the mark inspite of the star cast.

I'm referring to the latest version Ramky, but I have heard that my opinion would be altered if I had seen the tamil version...shame it's hard here to get your hands on old movies....after all these years i had to go to SL to watch Veerapandian Kattabomman and Karna!

ramky
1st July 2006, 03:53 AM
Querida : must be difficult for you not to be able to watch the old classics. maybe Canada is not like the US where i think one can get the DVDs of some classics.

Surya
1st July 2006, 03:55 AM
Ramky, :)
Just saw that post. :P The banghead was for the director not u. :P

ramky
1st July 2006, 03:57 AM
Surya : ok, but why ? do you think directors should show only conflict between India & Pak ? :-)

Surya
1st July 2006, 04:00 AM
Surya : ok, but why ? do you think directors should show only conflict between India & Pak ? :-)

I sense a huge diggression. :P But in a nutshell, I think that instead of magnifying the terrorism in question, that Pak is going through from India (if that even exists), Indian Cinema should concentrate more on what we are facing, and still facing because of Paki terrorists. :)

ramky
1st July 2006, 04:06 AM
That may be true, only I felt this attempt by the Director was a welcome change from the stereotypic themes, thats all. :-)

Surya
1st July 2006, 04:16 AM
Ok. :)

Surya
1st July 2006, 08:08 AM
Salaam Namaste - Starring Saif Ali Khan, Preity Zinta, and Abhishek Bachan in an Guest Appreance.

Genre - Romantic Comedy!

Perfect Entertainer, very well taken. :thumbsup:

Alien
1st July 2006, 10:49 AM
Maih hoon Na was comedy :rotfl:

actually KH was offered the role of suniel shetty but KH refused the movie :P
Yeah, I watched that movie just to see what was KH offered there? :banghead: .... just a mindless movie with their usual intolerable glitz ... :x ... They two say, they r huuge fans of KH , but would have taken him for a ride.... lucky KH eluded :P ....

great
2nd July 2006, 11:26 PM

yeah particularly Dimple :thumbsup: and the police inspector :lol:

Raikkonen
3rd July 2006, 09:01 PM
Misamma and Godavari..

Surya
4th July 2006, 02:37 AM

yeah particularly Dimple :thumbsup: and the police inspector :lol:

:lol: :lol: I loved the Police Officer!! :rotfl: Gets Stabbed in the Face with a Newly Sharpened Pencil. :cry: :oops: :lol:

m_23_bayarea
4th July 2006, 09:40 PM
Took my American friends to KRRISH last night here in Fremont, CA .... They just absolutely LOVED it !!! :D :D :D

manuel
16th July 2006, 01:55 AM
Any Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Basu chaterjee films
All of them covers differrent aspects of life of individuals or people narrated in a very simple, pragmatic and beautifull way.

ssanjinika
29th July 2006, 02:11 AM
Watched another movie recently.Another classic called Silsila * Amitabh,Jaya Baduri,Rekha,Sanjeev Kumar.
Its a story of love and faith .Its a predecessor to movies like Mouna Raagam and deals with the taboo subject of adultery.
Brilliantly made with stunning performances by Amitabh,Jaya & Rekha.
Definitely a movie much ahead of its times.

ramky
29th July 2006, 03:30 AM
SS : ya its a nice film with lovely music :D
btw when it was released in the early 1980s, ppl compared the reel story with the real life "affair" between Rekha & Big B :roll:

ssanjinika
30th July 2006, 09:23 PM
A must watch movie

Anukokunda Oka roju (yeah AF finally watched it :) )
A mind boggling movie..with some amazing performances. Excellent doesnt begin to describe it. Definitely one of the best I have seen in recent times.

Lambretta
1st August 2006, 02:27 PM
A must watch movie

A mind boggling movie..with some amazing performances. Excellent doesnt begin to describe it. Definitely one of the best I have seen in recent times.
So SS, do u understand telugu? Yea of course, sum words similar to Tamil can be comprehended....:)

ajithfederer
1st August 2006, 06:53 PM
:D.

A must watch movie

ssanjinika
1st August 2006, 07:24 PM
Lamby: I understand some telugu.But I watch telugu DVDs with subtitles so even if I cant understand fully I can read the subtitles :).

AF: Apparently this director's first movie AithE is even better than this one.Am going to get that next.
Loved the songs in this movie BTW :) really cool :)

kannannn
7th August 2006, 09:49 PM
Watched one of my all time favourite (and hugely under rated) movies this weekend - "Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar". Could anyone have believed that a school rivalry movie based on cycle racing could drive it's viewers to the edge of their seats?! It sure does even today. The movie is just the perfect popcorn entertainer without diverting from realism and shows what a good screenplay can do to make a 3 Hour movie entertaining. It reminded me of how much I miss it's unsung director - Mansoor Khan. I have been an ardent fan of his right from "Qayamat se Qayamat tak". Even his sentimental mish-mash "Akele Hum Akele Tum" was good in parts. His penchant for perfectionism is visible in all his movies and I just wish he comes back to direct more films. 4 movies in 18 years is too less for so good a director :(

ajithfederer
8th August 2006, 08:11 PM
If i am not wrong.........Aithe is nothing but the tamil movie NAAM ssanjinika :D

Lamby: I understand some telugu.But I watch telugu DVDs with subtitles so even if I cant understand fully I can read the subtitles :).

AF: Apparently this director's first movie AithE is even better than this one.Am going to get that next.
Loved the songs in this movie BTW :) really cool :)

Surya
9th August 2006, 06:32 AM
Fanaa!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I just saw that movie!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

The Poetry in the First Half!!! :thumbsup:

"Rehan Loves U More THan U Love Rehan" :cry: :cry2:

A MUST SEE FILM!!!! :redjump: :bluejump:

great
9th August 2006, 08:09 PM
Apaharan :D

Major Plus :

only one song in this movie :clap:

Naana patekar :D

Ajay devgan could have done better :)

Direction and screen play was superb :thumbsup:

great
9th August 2006, 08:10 PM
Apaharan :D

Major Plus :

only one song in this movie :clap:

Naana patekar :D

Ajay devgan could have done better :)

Direction and screen play was superb :thumbsup:

ramky
9th August 2006, 10:55 PM

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

Surya : :D :yes: :exactly: :2thumbsup: btw did u see it in dvd ? :roll:

Surya
9th August 2006, 11:11 PM

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

Yup! :P I didn't see it in the theater because the theaters don't have subtitles! :oops:

m_23_bayarea
10th August 2006, 08:17 AM
Yup! :P I didn't see it in the theater because the theaters don't have subtitles! :oops:

I heard it had subtitles in NAZ8 in Fremont, CA ... But yeah, it is such an AMAZING movie !!! :thumbsup:

Surya
11th August 2006, 02:23 AM
Yup!! :thumbsup:

I saw KAANTE yesterday, with Big B, Sanjay Dutt, Sunil Shetty. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A MUST WATCH FILM ONCE AGAIN!!!! BOLLYWOOD ROCKS!!

Supposedly the movie is a remake of Reservoir Dogs (I haven't seen it so I"m not sure), Hell of a movie!! :clap:

ramky
11th August 2006, 02:47 AM

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

I asked bcos, if the dvd you saw was an Original dvd of Yashraj Films, then I marked the chapters/scenes for Fanaa & was also member of the dvd Authoring team.

Surya
11th August 2006, 03:37 AM

IT ROCKS MY SOCKS!!

I asked bcos, if the dvd you saw was an Original dvd of Yashraj Films, then I marked the chapters/scenes for Fanaa & was also member of the dvd Authoring team.

:o Really?! Yeah I saw the original DVD from Yashraj Films! :D That's so Awesome!!

When if Krrish coming out?

ramky
14th August 2006, 06:45 AM
Surya : thnx :D KRRISH has been sent to the dvd company after Authoring and Pre-Mastering. It should be released soon, after Replication - ie printing lotsa dvd copies ;-)

btw i felt i had marked and named the chapters of KRRISH satisfactorily :roll: . but any feedback from u or others watching the original dvds wud be most welcome :)

ssanjinika
15th August 2006, 08:35 AM
Ohh good Ramky! wouldnt mind catching that one on DVD.

m_23_bayarea
15th August 2006, 08:44 AM
Takin abt 8 white friends to KANK this weekend !!! The last one I took them to was KRRISH, and they loved it !!! :D

great
24th August 2006, 09:07 PM
Supposedly the movie is a remake of Reservoir Dogs (I haven't seen it so I"m not sure), Hell of a movie!! :clap:

I have seen both version . Reservoir Dogs was class movie ofcourse with violence :wink: Kaante was complete ripoff of RD

U-Turn = MUsafir

zinda is also a copy !!!!

Sanjay gupta doesnt give proper credits :x he should be pulled to the courts for copyrite infringement :evil:

Surya
26th August 2006, 01:35 AM
Surya : thnx :D KRRISH has been sent to the dvd company after Authoring and Pre-Mastering. It should be released soon, after Replication - ie printing lotsa dvd copies ;-)

btw i felt i had marked and named the chapters of KRRISH satisfactorily :roll: . but any feedback from u or others watching the original dvds wud be most welcome :)

Ramky just saw KRRISH dvd Yesterday! I thought the chapter markings etc were good! :D

I have a question though...who did the Subtitles for KRRISH and Fanaa? they were good! :D Espicially Fanaa. Because all the poetry was translated excellently!! :D

Surya
26th August 2006, 01:38 AM

I have seen both version . Reservoir Dogs was class movie ofcourse with violence :wink: Kaante was complete ripoff of RD

U-Turn = MUsafir

Sanjay gupta doesnt give proper credits :x he should be pulled to the courts for copyrite infringement :evil:

Yeah I've seen all three. I saw REservoir Dogs also a couple days ago.

True, he does copy a lot, but even then, his movies are better than most of the crap taht comes out now-a-days.

Also Musafir isn't a scene by scene copy of U-Turn like Kaante was of Reservoir Dogs. Musafir was just inspired from U-Turn . :D

Either way, Sanjay Gupta's Movies ROCK!

I can't wait to see his next!! "Shootout @ Lokhandwala." 8-)

ramky
19th September 2006, 11:03 PM

Ramky just saw KRRISH dvd Yesterday! I thought the chapter markings etc were good! :D

I have a question though...who did the Subtitles for KRRISH and Fanaa? they were good! :D Espicially Fanaa. Because all the poetry was translated excellently!! :D

Surya : saw this post today only ! thnx a lot for ur comments & the feedback :D. all the subtitles are done by the translation dept.
but the subtitles for songs are done by my friend who's incharge there :) i will pass on your comments to him tomorrow ! thnx once again :)

Surya
20th September 2006, 02:13 AM
:thumbsup: :D :D

RR
20th September 2006, 11:51 AM

U-Turn = MUsafir

Can also add Vivek Agnihotri's Chocolate. Ripoff from Usual Suspects.

southiecook
21st September 2006, 07:36 AM
I would recommend 'Lagaan'

ramky
21st September 2006, 09:33 PM
LAGAAN is expected to come for dvd authoring next fortnight ! Have already seen it though.

P_R
21st September 2006, 11:13 PM
LAGAAN is expected to come for dvd authoring next fortnight ! Have already seen it though. meaning ?

ramky
22nd September 2006, 01:17 AM
LAGAAN is expected to come for dvd authoring next fortnight ! Have already seen it though. meaning ?

Prabhu Ram : 'Authoring' means - encoding / recording the film into the digital media; marking the Chapters & Songs; adding & synchronising the Subtitles; creating Graphics Menus; adding & synchronising 6 channel Digital audio, and then compile the Master version for DVD.

this master version is used for stamping / replication / copying of DVDs which are then sold in the market. i work in a company which does the authoring of Original tamil, hindi & a few other indian language DVDs.

P_R
22nd September 2006, 01:58 AM
Thanks for info Ramky.

i work in a company which does the authoring of Original tamil, hindi & a few other indian language DVDs. Oh Great 8-) Must be very interesting.

ramky
22nd September 2006, 11:35 PM
Ya its interesting. I get to watch newly released films ( on 29" CTV; in 6 channel surround sound ) without paying for it - and that too, twice or thrice - if its a hit film and I want to watch it again ! :)

romio
23rd September 2006, 12:43 PM
`Tanmatra`-Record DVD sales!

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 23 September , 2006, 12:16

Mohanlal's Blessy directed celluloid classic Tanmatra has created history in DVD and Video sales.
Last week the video cd was released by Central Home Entertainment (CHE) and it became a super hit.

Says Mathew George of CHE: "Tanmatra video and DVD has created history by selling the maximum number among Malayalam videos. Overseas in US, people are buying it like a collectors item."

According to market reports Tanmatra DVD's sold 930 pieces in a single day, while the video cd sold 11300! It is an all time record. The buzz is that the DVD is likely to sell 3000 copies and video cd 20000 in a month's time worldwide.

http://sify.com/movies/malayalam/fullstory.php?id=14297053

Ramky bhai did you seen it ? :)

ramky
5th December 2006, 03:20 PM
romio : nope i havnt seen the movie, bcos i was on leave when Tanmatra had come to us fr dvd authoring, and the project was deleted b4 i rejoined duty. :)

narayanan
5th December 2006, 05:28 PM
come to you for DVD authoring ? :o :roll:
~~~~~
I've heard a lot about Mohanlal's acting in this movie as the Alzheimers affected. Unfortunately donno where to get mallu dvds in this town :roll:

There's an late 80s Hindi movie by the name Ijazat, has anyone seen it ?

great
5th December 2006, 06:20 PM
come to you for DVD authoring ? :o :roll:
~~~~~
I've heard a lot about Mohanlal's acting in this movie as the Alzheimers affected. Unfortunately donno where to get mallu dvds in this town :roll:

Which town you are in ?? If its chennai check out in Sathya Bazaar

ramky
5th December 2006, 06:45 PM
narayanan : ya, i work in a company which does the authoring of original DVDs for many Indian language films :).

narayanan
6th December 2006, 11:25 AM
A big sized gramam called Bangalore :mrgreen:
~~~~~~

i work in a company which does the authoring of original DVDs for many Indian language films

thats nice. do you get some obscure nice movies too ? or just the new ones ?

ramky
8th December 2006, 12:07 AM
Narayanan : Obscure movies need not always be nice, and some new ones can be called 'nice' - depending on the preferences of the person watching the movie.

neeways, we get most new tamil films and also some new hindi films. We also got to do an 'obscure' Arabic film which i found interesting !

Erica
10th December 2006, 07:36 PM
I would suggest..........

Pokiri (everybody knows that :oops: )
Bommarilu :cool2:
Relax ( this movie is really diifferent and i liked it :D )
Anukokunda Oka Roju ( 80% of the movie is very interesting :thumbsup: except for the climax :-( )

great
10th December 2006, 08:17 PM

Madhavan and Abbas movie.

Music by Sandeep Chowta .. You meant this :?:

Ramakrishna
10th December 2006, 08:19 PM

It is actually a kannada movie dubbed into tamil.

great
10th December 2006, 08:29 PM
oh yeah !! Movie without a story :o

Erica
10th December 2006, 09:28 PM

no great, It's a telugu movie done by newcomers................... actually the rating for this movie is not good. but, i liked it.................it's based on astrology :D

here's the review
http://www.idlebrain.com/movie/archive/mr-relax.html

Erica
10th December 2006, 09:29 PM

It is actually a kannada movie dubbed into tamil.
ayyo :oops: naan adha sollala :lol:

bulb_mani
11th December 2006, 12:31 AM
POKIRI.... it looked like a vishnuvardan movie... i mean the gangster epic has been slickly shot.... Mahesh Babu's performance was very good... no overacting in the name of style... simple n stylish.... another highlight was the wonderfully orchestrated stunts n superb camerawork

No wonder RAM Gopal Varam is producing the hindi version with the same director n Mahesh Babu Himself :thumbsup:

Designer
2nd January 2007, 11:58 PM
I would suggest RANG DE BASANTI :thumbsup:
good music by ARR and nice blend of youthfulness & patriotism :). all actors have done well. nice idea of climax taking place in All India Radio, New Delhi. wonder if its a set? looks quite similar to actual interiors of AIR.

Wibha
3rd January 2007, 02:12 AM
Rang de Basanti
Lagaan
DCH
Alaipayuthey
Kannathil Muthamittal
Yuva

rookie007
25th April 2007, 06:10 AM
Indian......Bombay.....Alaipayuthey....Kuch Kuch Hota Hai ....Kannathil Muthamittal and ..

narayanan
25th April 2007, 09:02 AM
Thanmathra :thumbsup:
Black Friday :thumbsup:

Anoushka
25th April 2007, 03:55 PM
Namesake

salem.saravanan
10th April 2009, 07:50 AM
wr can i get subtitles fr telugu films..

bingleguy
10th April 2009, 08:57 AM
Hey Ram ...

kanaka4
18th April 2009, 12:27 AM
Hi all,

Here are some good Indian movies available.

http://www.aryacity.com/Movies.html

Thanks
Kanaka

bimmer
21st May 2009, 02:15 AM
Parineetha
Joke Falls

kanaka4
18th July 2009, 11:23 AM
[tscii:4de5fb26a8]Here there are some more kannada movies online check this out..

http://www.aryacity.com/kannadamovies.html

• Hindi Movies in http://www.aryacity.com/Hindimovies.html List of No. of Hindi Movies Online

Complete Online Hindi Movies

http://www.aryacity.com/Hindimoviespage-2.html

Lage Raho Munna Bhai

http://www.aryacity.com/LageRahoMunnaBhaiHindiMovie.html
Lage Rahe Munna bhai movie online

Namastey London Hindi Movie

http://www.aryacity.com/NamasteyLondonHindiMovie.html
Namastey London Hindi Movie Online

Humko Deewana Kar Gaye http://www.aryacity.com/Hindi-movies-online/Humko-Deewana-Kar-Gaye.html
Humko Deewana Kar Gaye Online

Golmaal Movie Online http://www.aryacity.com/Hindi-movies-online/Golmaal.html Golmaal Movie Online

[/tscii:4de5fb26a8]

shajith1994
31st May 2010, 04:26 PM
I would recommend in recent times the action movie Kaminey.

arjun885
31st May 2010, 08:08 PM
Chak De India

ilayapuyalvinodh_kumar
3rd September 2010, 04:46 PM
Fox - Starring Arjun Rampal, Sunny Deol, Udita Goswami

Querida
14th October 2010, 06:18 AM
I recently watched "Anjaana, Anjaani" and it was quite enjoyable...the songs were meaningful, some lines really do make you think, how they meet is unique, the chemistry between Ranbir and Priyanka was quite good, comedy was cute, good tension at times and I didn't find myself thinking this needs editing...

I've come to amends with Hindi movies in which I know some scenes are going to be really too much :roll: (like stranded at Atlantic scene)
and of course some more care can be taken to make it more realistic ((like everyone taking stock market mess so easily!))
:thumbsup: @ Ranbir
If you liked "Wake Up Sid" then you're in for a treat with "Anjaana, Anjaani"

tvsankar
14th October 2010, 10:14 AM
Amitab's - Black
Cheeni kum
Paa

Sunil_M88
27th December 2010, 05:49 AM
Satyam Shivam Sundaram - I know this is a classic but I saw this movie last week for the first time. The movie rides on Zeenat Aman's shoulders and theres no doubt in that. Laxmikant-Pyarelal were in top form too. :)