PDA

View Full Version : A.R.Rahman - Mani Rathnam - Rajeev Menon - GURU

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

baba88
28th January 2006, 04:40 PM
[tscii]Last week Mani sir was in Mumbai to give finishing touches to this ambitious project titled Guru. Abhishek and Aishwarya were earlier paired in Kuch Naa Kaho and is now doing J.P Dutta’s Umrao Jaan.

The latest we hear is that Junior Bachchan will have two heroine- Ash and Vidya Balan and the search for the antagonist is on, and John Abraham seems to be the front runner. A.R.Rahman will be the music director with Gulzar’s lyrics. Rajeev Menon will be the cameraman and he is teaming up with Mani sir after 10 long years after Bombay.

Anurag Kashyap will helm the Hindi dialogues and the film is set in Mumbai. Mani sir hopes to prove his detractors wrong that he has not been able to taste commercial success in Hindi so far. Guru will start rolling by March.

dinesh2002
31st January 2006, 12:58 PM
Mani does it
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 31, 2006]

What director Shankar could not achieve, Manirathnam has accomplished quite easily. Shankar tried to cast former Miss World and the happening Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai to act opposite Rajinikanth for his Sivaji.

His efforts ended in vain as the actress rejected the offer stating that she was busy with her projects in Hollywood and Bollywood. However director Manirathinam has got her nod to play in his next movie titled Guru which would be made in Hindi. :rotfl:
Interestingly, Abhishek Bachchan, son of Big B is playing the hero. He had acted in Yuva, the Hindi version of Ayudha Ezhuthu.

Abhishek and Aishwarya were earlier paired in Kuch Naa Kaho and rumors are doing the rounds in Bollywood that both have developed an affair between them.

As usual, Manirathinam will have A R Rehman scoring the music for the movie, Rajeev menon, who worked as cinematographer in his Bombay, almost a decade ago is back to work with him now. He will crank the camera for Guru.

Buzz is that quite typical to Dil Se, which was dubbed in Tamil and released as Uyire, Guru will have a Tamil release too. :clap: Expected for a release this year-end is Guru.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/20113.html

Scale
2nd March 2006, 10:24 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/20739.html

Great crew for Mani Ratnam's 'Guru'
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, March 01, 2006]

Only yesterday we mentioned about the casting coup that could happen with Mani Ratnam's 'Guru' if Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Viveik Oberoi indeed come together.

But this is not the end of the story as there are other big and reputed names that are involved with this mega project. Here they go:

Producer: Mani Ratnam
Story, screenplay, direction: Mani Ratnam
Dialogue: Anurag Kashyap
Music: A.R. Rahman
Lyrics: Gulzar
Cinematography: Rajiv Menon
Choreography: Farah Khan

With a A class crew like this, it doesn't come as a surprise to see that 'Guru' is fast becoming the HOTTEST name in the industry today.

ansa400
15th March 2006, 08:36 AM
[tscii:d77e8aa0fa]http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/mar-06-03/13-03-06-mallika%20sherawat.html

Mallika Sherawat in Mani Ratnam’s Guru
March 14, 2006
If Mallika Sherawat, the Bombay bombshell can sign up a Jackie Chan film, why not a Mani Ratnam flick? Don’t worry, she is booked for the auteur's forthcoming flick Guru. The movie also features Abishek Bachhan and Aishwarya Rai. Mallika plays a guest but substantial role and the girl, so characteristic of her, is all giggles. Another well-know name that features in the cast is Mithun Chakraborthy. He was to work with Mani long time back in the Tamil film Anandam but then, he couldn’t make it as he refused to part with his then long hair. Now an older Mithun has come back to join Mani’s team. Earlier they had roped in Vivek too but it is now reported that this one time Ash beau has opted out. Doesn’t want to be seen with Abishek.
[/tscii:d77e8aa0fa]

NOV
19th March 2006, 10:00 AM
What about the music? :o

svaisn
19th March 2006, 10:36 AM
What about the music? :o
cmoln
NOV it is obvious that it is ARR

who else

NOV
19th March 2006, 03:56 PM
I know that Karthik, but all the above discussions talk about everything BUT the music. :roll:

Dragun
20th March 2006, 03:53 AM
What are they supposed to say about the music at this point?

doraip
21st March 2006, 01:43 AM
Guru will be another Mediocre from Mani and ARR. This team has failed to produce anything credible after Alai Payuthe.

rashid2raj
21st March 2006, 02:35 AM
Guru will be another Mediocre from Mani and ARR. This team has failed to produce anything credible after Alai Payuthe.

Do you have magical abilitys?? As you can see in the future :o Don't judge when the album aren't released yet..

svaisn
21st March 2006, 04:04 AM

As per NOV....

MD is still not decided...

But doraip will comment that the album will be a flop.....

Enna sir... Vikramaditya VEDHALAM unga veedukku pinnadi VEPPA marathulee thonguthaaa? :roll:

doraip
23rd March 2006, 03:52 AM
Hello Svaisn,

Does not matter who scores the music - MR has also lost his magical touch like ARR since Alaipayuthe.

KM had some flashes of good direction, but was a flop because of the blunder is story/screenplay.

Did not see Ayutha Yezhuthu, but it was also a flop.

rayan36
23rd March 2006, 03:14 PM

:? :? c'mon what about THE music in those movies; KM was National Awards quality and AE was youth star quality & i'm ONLY talking 'bout the music ppl :wink: :wink:

rayan36
23rd March 2006, 03:27 PM
every movie of MR-ARR, the songs were totally earth shattering, I repeat ONLY the music ppl,

ROJA, BOMBAY, INDIRA (MR's wife was the D), IRUVAR, THIRUDA 2x (chori chori), UYIRE (Dil SE), ALAIPAYUTHEY (Sathiya), KM, AE (Yuva).......coming soon GURU

All those song were CB, so i'm pretty sure 100% the songs of Guru will be CB, i repeat once again ONLY the songs matter :wink: :wink:

doraip
24th March 2006, 01:55 AM
Rayan

To summarize your list.

Uyire - Bombay

Naramughaye - Iruvar,

Dilse re - Dilse

Nenjil Dil Dil - KM

are the only good songs. Rest all I can't stand any more (so called hits)....Sorry

rayan36
24th March 2006, 09:27 AM
Doraip,

AGAIN What's wrong with u :x :x :x

dinesh2002
24th March 2006, 09:38 AM
Rayan

To summarize your list.

Uyire - Bombay

Naramughaye - Iruvar,

Dilse re - Dilse

Nenjil Dil Dil - KM

are the only good songs. Rest all I can't stand any more (so called hits)....Sorry

i know this is nothing but vaitherical...just ignore this dude guyz!!!

svaisn
24th March 2006, 10:12 AM
Doraip,

AGAIN What's wrong with u :x :x :x

everything is wrong with him....

Just ignore him

Scale
27th March 2006, 01:52 PM
check this out,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AAjql0dULIE&search=yuva

Also Yuva - song piczn.. Hats off to Mani Sir :clap: :notworthy: unga arumai perumai theriyathavangalellam indiala irukkanghale :banghead:

GURUNADHAR's will be back in GURU :thumbsup:

Aamir for next Maniratnam film

http://www.indiafm.com/news/2006/03/25/6878/index.html

A.ANAND
27th March 2006, 05:49 PM
Scale,neenga orutharavathu MR ivalathu mariyathai vechirikingale romba santhosam..

ansa400
27th March 2006, 10:25 PM
I have a serious doubt whether this film is goin to be dubbed into tamil or is it a bilingual? Can any1 pls clarify this.

dinesh2002
28th March 2006, 01:45 PM
[tscii:5996e9744e]Mani starts shoot!

By Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 28 March , 2006, 10:49

Mani Ratnam has started the shoot of his new Hindi film Guru quietly with hardly any publicity at Chennai’s Binny Mill near Perambur. Scenes featuring Abhishek Bachchan are being canned and nobody is allowed inside the sets.
It is nearly two years since Mani’s bilingual Yuva and Ayutha Ezhuthu released and we understand that for health reasons he is trying to keep the shoot in Chennai as much as possible.

The others in the cast like Aishwarya Rai may join the shoot only in Mumbai location in April. A.R.Rahman has already delivered two songs for the film.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14171484[/tscii:5996e9744e]

rayan36
14th April 2006, 05:53 PM
[tscii:34833bc284] Finally it’s Maddy in Manirathnam’s Guru
April 12, 2006

Madhavan is quite perturbed by the recent rumours that he had refused to act in a Manirathnam film. He said to be associated with a Manirathnam film is a matter of pride and he would give his right arm for a role. Manirathnam is currently in Turkey, shooting for his Hindi film “Guru’. The initial star cast included Abhishek Bachan, Vivek Oberoi, and Aishwarya Rai. However, following the recent spilt with Ms Ash, Vivek Oberoi opted out of the movie. Efforts to replace the gap with Saif Ali Khan or John Abraham (both good friends of Vivek Oberoi) turned futile, leaving Mani in a quandary. Finally, Mani approached Maddy who was quick to sign the film, even without any inkling of the script. Some scenes with Abhishek Bhachan have already been shot in Binny Mills, Chennai.

Madhavan is quite excited to be cast in a Manirathnam film again, and throws no tantrums about playing second hero. In fact, in Rang de Basanti, he wasn’t cast in the lead role, but still people just loved him as a ‘fighter pilot’. He reminisced his previous experiences in Alaipayuthe and Kannathil Muthamittal, and remarked working in a Manirathnam film is both a treat and a learning experience. Maddy boy is off to London on a fitness regime, where he will shed a few pounds, and then make a beeline for Turkey to resume shooting for his ‘portions’ in “Guru', which is likely to be the end of this month

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-06-02/12-04-06-maddy.html

Is he really in RDB :roll: WOW :) :)[/tscii:34833bc284]

doraip
21st April 2006, 04:22 AM
Folks,

I used to be a moderate fan of ARR. But I don't think anyone can hide from the fact that he is struggling now to regain his touch. Looks to me he forgot his music since he went international in year 2000. Sorry to see this happenning. He has to get his basics right. Avoid gimmicks, give genuinly good music like the ones that I have stated earlier.

Heard Theyil Vizhundha Thena - Sounds like he is in a depression/drug addiction. He has also sort of lost his voice a bit. So monotonous, no variation. Sorry its not the same ARR who gave us the Narramughayee or Vandhematharam.

svaisn
21st April 2006, 05:24 AM
Folks,

I used to be a moderate fan of ARR. But I don't think anyone can hide from the fact that he is struggling now to regain his touch. Looks to me he forgot his music since he went international in year 2000. Sorry to see this happenning. He has to get his basics right. Avoid gimmicks, give genuinly good music like the ones that I have stated earlier.

Heard Theyil Vizhundha Thena - Sounds like he is in a depression/drug addiction. He has also sort of lost his voice a bit. So monotonous, no variation. Sorry its not the same ARR who gave us the Narramughayee or Vandhematharam.

Y dont yu change this otta record...

no one is ready to listen to u

and u have made this statement 101 times.....

Cinefan
21st April 2006, 12:18 PM
A couple of days back,the TV channel ETV-Kannada covered the shooting of 'Guru'on location in Badami(a place of Historical importance in Karnataka)in it's news bulletin between 8.30pm to 9pm.

Scenes of Abhishek&Aishwarya getting married was being shot.Also saw Sachin Khandekar&another actress who is a familiar face in Hindi serials.

According to the news correspondant,the film is a love story against the backdrop of the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny.

jaiganes
21st April 2006, 04:50 PM
CineFan wrote:

According to the news correspondant,the film is a love story against the backdrop of the 1857 Sepoy Mutiny.
Chance e kidayaadhu!!!
If it had been a historical, then the first person to run away from it would have been ARR.
And knowing MR he is incapable of directing a historical.

ansa400
21st April 2006, 06:39 PM
Heard thro my friend that AISH has met with an accident during the shoot of this film. Donno how far it is true.

Cinefan
21st April 2006, 07:02 PM
ansa,
Here's the confirmation:

http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/apr/21ash.htm

Jai,

The above link also says it's a love story against the backdrop of the freedom struggle.

As for whether MR is capable of directing a historical or not,let the film do the talking. :D

Scale
21st April 2006, 10:15 PM
:::And knowing MR he is incapable of directing a historical.:::

Thats mocking! Which historical did he craft b4? IRUVAR :roll:

JaiG, I am a BIG admirer of all your posts on various topics music, movies, misc like vijayr etc... You supported ARR whenever necessity arises and explained it clearly to Anti-ARR's.

But I dont understand why you are so keen to ridicule MR. I am confused! . :huh:

vijayr
21st April 2006, 11:48 PM
Didnt Rahman say he was tired of doing historicals? I guess he is making an exception for Mani. Lets hope the movie/music turns out to be better than stuff like 1942-a love story which had a similiar context.

MADDY
22nd April 2006, 07:01 AM
ansa, ash's accident is true....

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1499478.cms

she fell from a bicycle :rotfl: :rotfl: :thumbsup: .......also the film seems to be a historical movie..... :cry: ./......

jaiganes
22nd April 2006, 09:14 AM
Scale!
You are true. I am biased against MR. Please take any post of mine against MR with a pich of salt. He is currently exploiting ARR and other artistes like Madhavan. If these people want to reach next levels in their artistic career, they have to say a polite "NO" to MR.

selvakumar
22nd April 2006, 09:35 AM
Scale!
You are true. I am biased against MR. Please take any post of mine against MR with a pich of salt. He is currently exploiting ARR and other artistes like Madhavan. If these people want to reach next levels in their artistic career, they have to say a polite "NO" to MR.

Exactly Jai.

Sometimes I had this feeling for MR. Exploiting artistis her introduced.. Some examples.. ArvindSamy, Madhavan etc. I do agree with the fact that these artistis should reject the offer from MANI in the near future. They should not accept it just for the sake of their "GURU"

Regarding this film,
MR had always dreamt of making a historical. He had plans to make a movie based on the few works of KALKI. I think this can be a trial for that.

Cinefan
22nd April 2006, 01:04 PM
[quote="jaiganes"]
You are true. I am biased against MR.[quote]

I always knew that.Infact we have fought on this some time back in a diff thread.

Just 1 question:Any reason for not liking his movies or is it one of those biases which just don't have a reason.

We all have them don't we?

MADDY
22nd April 2006, 07:13 PM
yes cinefan, all have biases except me.... :lol: :lol: ...i'm really neutral.....

on a serious note, i dunno how mani exploited rahman?? infact i think he extracts from ARR and not exploit.......he,bharathiraja,subash ghai all do this to ARR....they bring the best out of rahman......

yaaa one thing mani does is he makes sure that his stamp is there in any movie.....even dalapathi was a MR movie more than a rajini movie.....

Alien
22nd April 2006, 09:09 PM
yes cinefan, all have biases except me.... :lol: :lol: ...i'm really neutral.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: ... nice joke ....

I agree with Selva on Mani's exploitation .. Infact I had said this b4 too ..... :)

Nerd
22nd April 2006, 09:29 PM
He is currently exploiting ARR and other artistes like Madhavan

What does this mean??? Bringing out the best of ARR/Maddy or whoever is exploitation? Or am I missing something here :roll:

vijayr
23rd April 2006, 10:01 AM
Is Mani doing another Hindi film after this one with Aamir? The recent outlookindia article mentions a romantic comedy that Aamir has said he will be doing with Mani. Does that have music by ARR too?
Back-to-back hindi films from Mani is strange.

MADDY
23rd April 2006, 10:55 AM
that must be true vijay......mani seems to have told somewhere (i got info from a site called orkut) that he doesent want to do tamil movies as he feels they are hero-centric.......gud we dunt need a director of mani's caliber in Tamil.....perarasu, bala, cheran,selvaraghavan are enuf for ppl. here.....

ansa400
23rd April 2006, 12:37 PM
He is currently exploiting ARR and other artistes like Madhavan

What does this mean??? Bringing out the best of ARR/Maddy or whoever is exploitation? Or am I missing something here :roll:

I think this statement is absolutely ridiculous!!! He brings out the best of all the technicians. Infact Madhavan's best performances are from MAni's movies only(Alaipayuthe, KM, AE.....). The only thing with Mani is that ,as far as I know, the technicians (including the lead actors) are paid only half of their regular salary for a movie.

jaiganes
23rd April 2006, 02:31 PM
I am slightly going to tread controversial terrirtory here.

Madhavan. Made to look different more becoz of Kamal's two movies than Mani's movies.(Anbe Sivam and Nala Damayanthi)
Mani as a last ditch effort begged Madhavan to do the negative role in AE , a role which vikram had earlier turned down. Though Madhavan projected himself with sincerity, Mani made a hash out of that role. His character , one felt was unnecessarily unrepenting, needlessly violent - with no bloody justification. Contrast a similar character from RGV's Sathya or Company. The characters' other side was clearly shown. here madhavan's character was neither a tireless assassin like Terminator nor a gangster with a tender underbelly like sathya. a result is confusion. I wouldn't do such analysis for other director's movies. For someone who is hyped on sensitivity and sensibility - this was a clear letdown . When I say he exploited ARR, again I have to take AE or yuva as an example. The character of Arjun Balakrishnan played by Siddarth and Vivek was one introduced purely to bring ARR's songs into the equation. If you remove that stupid character from the picture you dont lose anything from the script apart from couple of chartbusters from ARR, couple more reasons to sell more Yuva Albums. What did ARR gain by that? He was at that time gasping for more time to do international assignments and had to reduce his involvement in Kisna, which in my opinion would have given him a full super hit if he had been involved fully instead of the dumb Ismail Durbar keeping his left leg in that project. Yuva or AE could have been easily scored by VS or JS or some one else from ARR's school itself. Instead Mani exploited ARR's valuable time on a project that was going on a superfast speed to the dust bin right out of script writer's writing pad. Even now I feel pity that ARR has signed on Guru a movie that can be done without songs with some other music director. ARR's flair is grand musicals and that is not Mani's cup of tea. If Mani had sincerely hoped that ARR is a value add and he should use him poperly then the script should be such. Recently Mani told the world that he wouldn't want to work with Kamal with any other script as he wanted only a script >= Nayagan. I guess, if he doesn't exploit ARR, he would have applied the same logic. Give ARR a script >= Rangeela (musically speaking, not cinematic) then let him collaborate and then I will happily take back my comments. As far as ppl saying Mani is fed up with working in hero centric Kollywood, that reminds me of "sour grapes". He knows what he says doesn't sell as he has ppl like Maddy(actor - not hubber) who is happy to do any role given by him and also Surya (again not hubber). Fact is nowadays actors in Kollywood want either a strong , different character or atleast image boosting fan pleasing heroism. Rendum kettaan stories may be appropriate for Hindi and perhaps that is what Mani is aiming at - Rendum Kettaan.

I started hating Mani right from the moment I saw ET. How dare he visualize a mentally challenged kid like an extra terrestrial which provides amusement to other children. What a perverse visualization that breaks all sensitivity B***S**t angle about Mani's stories. Sorry if any MR fan breaks down crying after reading this post.

MADDY
23rd April 2006, 05:47 PM
jaiganes, u r a surprise to mani's fans just like i'am to kamal fans.....tell u wat even we never thought ARRahman was exploited....guud dimension shown.../..

but i will disagree on Maddy's point.....Madhavan looked the best in alaipauthey and it was infact his ara-loosu role in anbe sivam that dug his grave and we now see no Maddy (xcept in hub :wink: ).......moreover, the same role has transformed Abhishek bachan from a zero to amitabh bacchan in bollywood....wat do u say for that....

reg anjali i have read in cinema xpress mag long back that Mani initially wanted to remake ET........but could not do it and he ended with a rendum kettan movie called anjali......

Alien
23rd April 2006, 05:49 PM
Madhavan. Made to look different more becoz of Kamal's two movies than Mani's movies.(Anbe Sivam and Nala Damayanthi)
I agree with u wholly, Jaiganesh ! I always felt that Mani- Maddy term is quite like KB-Kamal (am not placing them at the same pedestal as the latter) ....But Kamal also was somwhat exploited , whereas he got excellent offers from Bharathiraja, K.Viswanath et al., ...

Maddy should seriously avoid Mani atleast henceforth ! ....

Alien
23rd April 2006, 05:55 PM
but i will disagree on Maddy's point.....Madhavan looked the best in alaipauthey and it was infact his ara-loosu role in anbe sivam that dug his grave and ....
U r indeed a surprise :rotfl: ..... no wonder u find anbarasan as an ara-loosu .... U would b the only one to say this ! ....
Alaipaayuthey was ok ... But it was the rest of Mani films that actually dug Maddy's grave .... :cry: ... BTW, I feel Maddy "looked" his best in Minnale

Nerd
23rd April 2006, 11:49 PM
Sorry if any MR fan breaks down crying after reading this post.

Actually I did the opposite (:rotfl:)

AE gave ARR a hit which he was craving for in TFM!! No one ever can extract best music out of ARR other than MR. BR to a certain extent though. MR is materialistic in the success of ARR and vice versa and I dont see any exploitation here..

Maddy, common his best two roles so far were from MR movies.. AP and KM.. He was good in AS too but that ara-llosu thing comes in ND.. where he spoilt his image..

Also I dint see any pervesions in anjali. Thats one of the best movies ever made in TF.. I dint find that thing amusing at all.. Also the movie won international acclaims and was even sent for the oscars

ansa400
24th April 2006, 09:41 AM
I am slightly going to tread controversial terrirtory here.

When I say he exploited ARR, again I have to take AE or yuva as an example. The character of Arjun Balakrishnan played by Siddarth and Vivek was one introduced purely to bring ARR's songs into the equation. If you remove that stupid character from the picture you dont lose anything from the script apart from couple of chartbusters from ARR, couple more reasons to sell more Yuva Albums. What did ARR gain by that? He was at that time gasping for more time to do international assignments and had to reduce his involvement in Kisna, which in my opinion would have given him a full super hit if he had been involved fully instead of the dumb Ismail Durbar keeping his left leg in that project. Yuva or AE could have been easily scored by VS or JS or some one else from ARR's school itself. Instead Mani exploited ARR's valuable time on a project that was going on a superfast speed to the dust bin right out of script writer's writing pad. Even now I feel pity that ARR has signed on Guru a movie that can be done without songs with some other music director. ARR's flair is grand musicals and that is not Mani's cup of tea. If Mani had sincerely hoped that ARR is a value add and he should use him poperly then the script should be such. Recently Mani told the world that he wouldn't want to work with Kamal with any other script as he wanted only a script >= Nayagan. I guess, if he doesn't exploit ARR, he would have applied the same logic. Give ARR a script >= Rangeela (musically speaking, not cinematic) then let him collaborate and then I will happily take back my comments.

You say that AE doesn't have a good script, the characterization is pathetic........ It is acceptable to some extent. But to say that Yuva or AE could've been scored by VS or JS is a bit 2 much. Not that they don't have talent, but we as ARR fans expect something extraordinary everytime thery combine & that 2MR does movies every 2 years and if even that is scored by ARR it will be 2 harsh on us. If AE wasn't done by ARR we wuld've had only 1 album (NEW) that year. :(

jaiganes
24th April 2006, 10:03 AM
ansa! the point that I am trying to make is that AE could have been scored by JS, while ARR could have worked with somebody like Cheran or SelvaRaghavan or better yet, Bala. Even a Murugadoss could have provided ample scope for him to work in a movie with good songs + BGM opportunities. If he works for MR, he will get underpaid to do songs that have the burden of propping up the whole movie, which is what eventually happened to AE or Yuva or Kannathil Muthamittaal. With the products MR has been churning out post Roja, the subjects are as dry as they come and presented in ever more confusing and dry way. Probably it is time for him to retire and visit film festivals around the world as judge.
ARR needs someone who can tap the other side of his music potential. and I am 200 % sure thats not Mani.

Alien
24th April 2006, 12:04 PM
the best movies Maddy was offered were Anbe sivam and ND (going by the scope he was offered to perform). Alaipayuthey was ok, in the sense it utilised his charm & looks well. Then Gowtham's Minnale did it too, better than AP . 8-)

Scale
24th April 2006, 01:20 PM
:::ARR needs someone who can tap the other side of his music potential. and I am 200 % sure thats not Mani.:::

If not Mani then no one in the WORLD could bring the best out of ARR & do max justice to him in songs picturisation or BGM's. Many would mutually agree & ARR himself admitted it in several interviews.

:::somebody like Cheran or SelvaRaghavan or better yet, Bala. Even a Murugadoss:::

:SHOCK: This has been around for sometime and surprised to hear from JaiG back again. Any collectively formed motive?

One gentleman's quote:

.........Selvaraghavan = 3/3 success rate which MR can't afford

Still :rotfl:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have observed & would like to highlight some interesting picturisations in Dol Dol rap song where he kinda fast fwd the forthcoming scenes (thats how screenplay's gels - maddy's gas cylinder business & the van passing college students, kidnapping female contestants brother etc) in a very very innovative way. But pointless mentioning here

MADDY
24th April 2006, 03:54 PM
i also think selvaraghavan can bring a new dimension from ARR......but i guess it will never happen as selva will never leave yuvan.....

cheran-ARR can happen......but hell, who says cheran has gr8 musical sense???

bala can also push ARR to a diff level but again he wont come out of IR-family tree......

but i really doubt if anyone can bring better than Maniratnam.....

MADDY
24th April 2006, 04:02 PM
the best movies Maddy was offered were Anbe sivam and ND (going by the scope he was offered to perform)

vaendaam

vaendaam,

valikkuthu (vadivelu style :lol: )

yov vaitherichala kelappatha......after AP, maddy kanna was 3rd in TFI after thala and ghilli.....after minnale he broke into elite crore-salary league, after Anbesivam and ND he is in nizhalgal ravi's league :cry: :cry: ..... eppadi iruntha en maddy kannava ippadi akkitane kattaila poravan.........magane, enn saabam kamalai summa vidaathu....... :lol:

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 04:11 PM
i also think selvaraghavan can bring a new dimension from ARR......but i guess it will never happen as selva will never leave yuvan.....

cheran-ARR can happen......but hell, who says cheran has gr8 musical sense???

bala can also push ARR to a diff level but again he wont come out of IR-family tree......

but i really doubt if anyone can bring better than Maniratnam.....

SHANKAR & BHARATHIRAJA !!!

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 04:24 PM
not better...but OTHER than MR...these people can really bring the BEST from ARR....!!

muzammil84
25th April 2006, 12:30 AM
Hey Guys , why u say Mani is not good directer, chai i am totaly upset
hey Ayutha eluthu enna mathariyana movie, athai poi pudikka villai enru solluringale.
athu theatre-il oda villai enraal , it's means it's not good movie, wooooow After long time i found this one as a good movie. what a natural fight , what a youthfull film.
what a great message. u guys like only Masala movies :(
And About Music, Only Mani can good music From ARR.
after him it's Goutham Menon, if Goutham will do a film, it will be like MAni & ARR combo i hope :)

And Mani he will not doing anymore in tamil and waste his knoladge for tamil peoples.

A.ANAND
25th April 2006, 07:28 AM
ethanai peruthan ennnum 'next maniratnam'innu solluvinga??
muthalla,shankar next maniratnam sonnaga,apparam bala,selvaragavan,vishnuvarthan,ippa latest ghautham..ithalurunthu onnu nalla theriyuthu MANIRATNAM IS KING AND LEGEND IN INDIAN CINEMA..

muzammil84
25th April 2006, 11:06 AM
Ya ofcourse, he is king , u see after RDB released, the people say that the director is next manirathanam
why i said Goutham is next coz he is big of fan mani, and his movie look like mani, but more youthfull :)

jaiganes
25th April 2006, 11:08 AM
Mzuammil wrote:

And Mani he will not doing anymore in tamil and waste his knoladge for tamil peoples.
Puhleeez. I will book tickets for him to Bombay and let him go beg for call sheets of the best actors in Indian cinema like Ajay Devgan, Abishek Bachan, Bobby Deol and if possible Shakti Kapoor and make timeless classics. I am sick and tired of his over hyped, headache inducing crap movies he has made post 1992.

dinesh2002
25th April 2006, 11:28 AM
i dun think Mani is that bad...but the only movie i enjoyed from him was thiruda thiruda,alaipayuthey & Kannathil....the rest,some scenes were enjoyable...some not...but that doesnt mean he is BAD man... what in his movie/him that actually make u piss off?? is it coz they whisper in the movie rather than talking :lol: or coz they took the movie in caves???[dark] :P

jaiganes
25th April 2006, 12:05 PM
Dinesh!
I can write volumes on why I dislike Maniratnam. However, this is a ARR thread and I dont want to derail it anymore. Probably I would write it in a separate thread. As of now, I stand firm that Mani is no more the director who can extract the best out of ARR and there are plenty of other directors who make earthy and heart touching movies with whom ARR has to start building relationship. Mani fans may deride Bala or Cheran or anybody else. But the fact remains, that these directors (Bala and Cheran) make films from their heart while for Mani it is just a timepass like rich kids playing arcade games. ARR , we all know can create magic with music and trigger strong emotions(Vande Mataram and Bose are classic examples). We need to hear ARR in full force and for that he should collaborate with film makers who have strong conviction like Cheran and Bala. Mani is a spent force and the more ARR drags on with him, more he will feel that he is missing opportunity to work with good directors and fresh scripts. I am doubly worried for the fact that apart from Mani, the only other person with whom ARR is consistently collaborating is the pitiable S.J.Suryah!! Now Mani's creative juices are dipping fast and if ARR looks 4 years ahead, he will be like a stage musician for crap films that SJS makes. Now is the time for him to cut cost and get associated with these honest film makers of Kollywood. Hindi film industry as we know is low in taste (atleast musically) and North-South divide also will mean that low life MDs like Ismail Darbar will cry and shout and create controversies about ARR. So overall aspect also ARR has to free himself from the exploitative clutches of Mani and chart a new phase in his creative career.

A.ANAND
25th April 2006, 01:22 PM
naan maniratnam's verithanamana rasigan.i love's his all films.he his a trendseter of indian cinema.ipadi sollikite pogalam..maniratnam pidikathavangga naan nenekkiren ramarajan or ramanarayanam films pudikkuminnu..i think jaiganes ramarajan and ramanarayan hardcore fan..romba bad taste ta irukke....ore comidia irukku ugga comment.

jaiganes
25th April 2006, 05:00 PM
Puhleez Anand!!!
Dont compare Mani with rama Narayanan. Atleast RN understood who his audiences are and provided solid entertainment to them(Snake giving letter, typing in typewriter etc.,). As much as you try hard to discredit RamaNarayanan, he is among pioneers of science fiction in Thamizh films. Eg., In aadi velli there will be a robot which will take pictures of the divine child and give it to the villain!! So Rama Narayanan doesn't deserve the insult you heaped on him by comparing with MR who goes around with same kind of characters and placing them in every movie of his. Same Chandru of Mouna Ragam will be Karthik in Alai Payuthae and Arvind swamy character in Bombay. Atleast in rama Narayanan movies, there will be a change of animal that helps the dheiva kuzhandhai!!
Just for jolly i posted this one. The previous one is a serious one. If you felt like crying after reading the previous one, please read this one and LYAO. :lol: :lol:

MADDY
25th April 2006, 07:34 PM
I am doubly worried for the fact that apart from Mani, the only other person with whom ARR is consistently collaborating is the pitiable S.J.Suryah!! Now Mani's creative juices are dipping fast and if ARR looks 4 years ahead, he will be like a stage musician for crap films that SJS makes. Now is the time for him to cut cost and get associated with these honest film makers of Kollywood. Hindi film industry as we know is low in taste (atleast musically) and North-South divide also will mean that low life MDs like Ismail Darbar will cry and shout and create controversies about ARR

i'm sick and tired of SJS-bashing :twisted: .......all those who havent sighted ur sister's frnds, who havent tried to jollufy a beautiful girl in office knowing she is married, who havent watched porn cds, who havent entered yahoo sex chat rooms, who are faithful to ur GF and wife talk abt SJSuryah......SJSuryah is a reflection of Tamil society and not any alien culture...

HFM is low on creativity??? keep dreaming jai.....they are making sensible movies....xcept for SRK there is no other star out there....so all movies are story-based.....not like tamil where only rowdyism and prejudice is projected nowadays.....moreover, has there been any album from YSR or HJ to match Himesh's Aashiq banaye apne??? that guy is makin ppl. go to theaters just cos of his music.......there is no one in Tamil to match Himesh now.....so dont tell Hindi is low on creativity.......

selvakumar
25th April 2006, 08:07 PM
HFM is low on creativity??? keep dreaming jai.....they are making sensible movies....xcept for SRK there is no other star out there....so all movies are story-based.....not like tamil where only rowdyism and prejudice is projected nowadays.....moreover, has there been any album from YSR or HJ to match Himesh's Aashiq banaye apne??? that guy is makin ppl. go to theaters just cos of his music.......there is no one in Tamil to match Himesh now.....so dont tell Hindi is low on creativity.......

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: SRK and none other ... :lol:

Djpak
25th April 2006, 09:22 PM
Aishwarya's forth comming movies:

MISTRESS OF SPICES (ENG)
PROVOKED [ARR]
DHOOM 2: BACK IN ACTION
THE ENCHANTED SWORD (THE LAST LEGION) (ENG)
UMRAO JAAN
GURU [ARR]
JODHA-AKBAR [ARR]
REARRANGED/MR. SURPRISES
THE REBEL (working title)
HEART OF INDIA (TAJ MAHAL) [ARR]
MAHARANI GAYATRI DEVI (working title)
RACING THE MONSOON (ENG)
WINDFALL (ENG)
CHAOS (ENG)
I KNOW A PLACE (ENG)
RADHESHYAM SEETARAM
HUM PANCHHI EK DAAL KE

And 4 untitled movies :o
DAMN BUUUUUUUSY LADY !!!

ansa400
25th April 2006, 10:59 PM
moreover, has there been any album from YSR or HJ to match Himesh's Aashiq banaye apne??? that guy is makin ppl. go to theaters just cos of his music.......there is no one in Tamil to match Himesh now.....so dont tell Hindi is low on creativity.......

What u say is true, but this guy is bcomin 2 repetitive with his songs. Same kind of singing ..... sort of irritates me. I think he should be choosy with his singing.

Nerd
25th April 2006, 11:07 PM
Talking of SJS, he is good but only behind the screens, please.

Talking of bala, chEran, they are better creators that MR, I agree but they dont have a very good music/song picturization sense. MR will beat the crap out of these people in that area and thats what we are discussing now. So there is no harm in ARR working with MR.

OTOH, IR worked with chEran for a movie, dEsiya gItham. We all know that IR is a better composer than ARR when it comes to soulful composition. What happened to IR?? thats coz of cheran's poor music sense. I dont want ARR to work with chEran, MR is much much better 8-)

ansa400
26th April 2006, 12:10 AM
Talking of SJS, he is good but only behind the screens, please.

Talking of bala, chEran, they are better creators that MR, I agree but they dont have a very good music/song picturization sense. MR will beat the crap out of these people in that area and thats what we are discussing now. So there is no harm in ARR working with MR.

OTOH, IR worked with chEran for a movie, dEsiya gItham. We all know that IR is a better composer than ARR when it comes to soulful composition. What happened to IR?? thats coz of cheran's poor music sense. I dont want ARR to work with chEran, MR is much much better 8-)

Yeah, but Bala has a very good music taste which was eveident in his Sethu & Pithamagan, Nanda was Ok. But I am not sure abt his picturisation of songs, not gr8 & not bad either. I would like to see ARR associated with bala in the future, but the chances are less I beleive.

ansa400
26th April 2006, 12:16 AM
I am not confident abt Cheran. Even I feel he doesn't have a gr8 music sense.

vijayr
26th April 2006, 01:46 AM
Cheran hasnt been working with either IR or ARR for the last 9 years. He has been content with the likes of Bharadwaj.
Its not as if ARR is shunning Cheran or Bala. Its those directors who have to approach him if at all they need ARR in their films. ARR doesnt go about requesting directors to feature him in their movies. If Cheran or Bala prefer someone else, Rahman cant do much about it. He'll work with directors with whom he continues to vibe well or with those who make subjects that interest him and request him to compose. If Cheran thinks that a Sabesh-Murali is enough for his films as compared to IR/ARR then thats his choice. Personally, I dont think Cheran or Bala's films would be a good fit for Rahman's kind of music. Whereas Gautam Menon and Selvaraghavan's films might suit Rahman's style better(or vice-versa), but then again its their choice as to who the MD in their films is.

MADDY
26th April 2006, 08:04 AM
i guess, ARR might not be preferred by the younger crop of directors........ARR is great when it comes to cool,fashion-statement kinda music.......and i dunt think any director can afford to make such movies nowadays as they have to cater to a largely low-taste audiences......

Dragun
26th April 2006, 10:04 AM
Cheran's next film is with IR.

rajasaranam
26th April 2006, 04:09 PM
i guess, ARR might not be preferred by the younger crop of directors........ARR is great when it comes to cool,fashion-statement kinda music.......and i dunt think any director can afford to make such movies nowadays as they have to cater to a largely low-taste audiences......
hmmm... Cheran, Bala, Selva all cater to low-taste audience and the Double..oops.. single meaning films of SJS are for class audience :roll:

jaiganes
26th April 2006, 04:16 PM
vijayr wrote:

I dont think Cheran or Bala's films would be a good fit for Rahman's kind of music.

and then Maddy wrote:

ARR is great when it comes to cool,fashion-statement kinda music.......and i dunt think any director can afford to make such movies nowadays as they have to cater to a largely low-taste audiences......

If one reads the first post from vijay one might as well assume that ARR cannot give music suited for a film . He will make his own music and the film maker should approach him only if there is a"Endrendrum" kinda song required by the script. Are you hinting at ARR's lack of versatility here Vijay? He can't compose a song for rural audience which is 65% to 70 % of our country? If you mean that, then I disagree. Coz ARR has composed for Legend of Bhagat singh and RDB and has composed for Punjabi folk. so he can't tune Thamizh folk? I am not asking for ARR to call Cheran or Bala's cell # and ask for a chance, just a conversation in a public function is enough to do that. Someone brought up YSR and Bala. We all know that YSR's strength is urban hip hop kinda songs, still he gave decent songs for nanda.

Now Coming to Maddy's post, I am really surprised. again LOBS or Bose is not cool fashion statement kinda movies. However the quality of ARR's works in these movies were mindboggling. Again I have discussed it in the Bose the forgotten hero thread. Bose particularly showcased his variety of composing patriotic to moody melancholic to Symphonic. If he can do that in Hindi, he can do it easily in Thamizh as well. If you say he can't then I will have ask the question that is obvious - Is he not versatile? then stop praising him guys, he is just an urban phenomenon!!
However to correct the picture, I would say that whatever you have blurted out is your perception and the bias is evident in the way you have closed your post -

"i dunt think any director can afford to make such movies nowadays as they have to cater to a largely low-taste audiences"

Thats gross generalization and bias trying to dismiss Cheran and Bala as directors catering to cheap taste as opposed to a MAniratnam who will introduce a song "September Maadham" where a Sophia wearing next to nothing dancing in the beach, being a class high taste director.

MADDY
26th April 2006, 06:35 PM
boss, IMO ARR has to give urban music bcos i'm a urban man and i like to see ARR going global.....

and hell wat, jaiganes, u xpect ARR to talk bad to anyone??? if he meets cheran/bala then he will talk to them cordially.......but that wont give him a chance to work for their movies.......infact bala is a IR fan so u really dont know how he will treat rahman.......

jai, wat happened to u???i'm "blurting out" if i say that ARR shuld give urban music only??? wat happened dude, shuldnt i voice my opinion as a true ARR fan...... :D

okkk.....shuld i dissect cheran's movies now??? Autograph is a highly male-chauvinist movie......will u accept ur wife if she tells u in the first nite that she had 3 boyfrnds????? boss, even cheran wont accept it in reality......summa dunt justify saying it is reality and all.....moreover, he did not handle "handicapped" issue in porkaalam that well.......not to forget his comedy movie where murali and co kidnap naseer.......

and who are the movie watching ppl. in TN rite now??? auto-rickshaw drivers, college students who want kuthu songs....u think they promote creativity??? ARR generation of people now listen tio his mp3s and watch movies by downloading them with 100mbps lines in their offices....that's y even mani doesent find a place here,....

rajasaranam
26th April 2006, 07:09 PM
and who are the movie watching ppl. in TN rite now??? auto-rickshaw drivers, college students who want kuthu songs....u think they promote creativity???
But then who else is Promoting :shock:

vijayr
26th April 2006, 08:32 PM
"Are you hinting at ARR's lack of versatility here Vijay? He can't compose a song for rural audience which is 65% to 70 % of our country? If you mean that, then I disagree. Coz ARR has composed for Legend of Bhagat singh and RDB and has composed for Punjabi folk. so he can't tune Thamizh folk? I am not asking for ARR to call Cheran or Bala's cell # and ask for a chance, just a conversation in a public function is enough to do that."

No I didnt say anything about ARR's lack of versatility or whatever. All I said was a Cheran or Bala's film doesnt necessarily demand the kind of music Rahman is making these days. Leave alone Punjabi folk, Rahman has done TFM folk long back in Kizhakku cheemayile, Karuthamma, Pudhiya MannargaL and few individual songs from other albums. He is a guy who keeps trying new things. But songs dont find an important place in Cheran or Bala's films like they do in Manirathnam's/Barathiraja's films for example. Cheran is especially pretty mediocre when it comes to song placement/picturization. Nor do his movies require elaborate BGM. He has given hits with Bharadwaj and Sabesh-MuraLi. And actually his next movie has an urban setting I believe.Bala isnt music savvy either. If they really think their films need ARR's music they should be the ones who should approach ARR. Neither IR nor ARR go after directors requesting them to give them a chance to score music. Plus personally, I dont think ARR needs to work with them in order to improve his resume or whatever. His credibility as a versatile composer has already been established. He has been everywhere and done that. He has also scored music for Cheran-like movies(meaning movies with strong emotional content) with other directors in Hindi and TFM. But I agree with your earlier gripe that Rahman shouldnt be doing movies with just SJS(or KSR too for that matter). I wish someone puts SJS to rest.

ab_123
27th April 2006, 02:06 AM
Hello everyone, I am new here. Very thrilled to find this forum, and hope to learn a lot from the folks here.

Coming to the topic..wasn't Sangamam on the 'traditional' side too? It wasn't a typical ARR soundtrack. So maybe we should give him a little more credit?

m_23_bayarea
27th April 2006, 02:33 AM
Hello everyone, I am new here. Very thrilled to find this forum, and hope to learn a lot from the folks here.

Coming to the topic..wasn't Sangamam on the 'traditional' side too? It wasn't a typical ARR soundtrack. So maybe we should give him a little more credit?

Hey ab_123 .... Welcome to the hub !! Make sure you visit the Tamil movie section of the hub too !!!! :D :wink:

lancelot
27th April 2006, 06:04 PM

vaango vaan go...am sure u r gonna have one hell of a time here
hehe
:D

Ramakrishna
29th April 2006, 04:49 PM
I guess Mani sir's decline started only after venturing into hindi movies.Both his movies in hindi (Dil se and Yuva ) flopped badly.
I think he has forgotten that tamil movies are also Indian movies.When he has loads of fans here (like me), why is he not doing tamil movies?He is simply doing hindi movies and spoiling his name. :(

MADDY
29th April 2006, 10:13 PM
ramakrishna, actually, mani sir thinks Tamil is more hero-centric now , that's y he is doing Hindi movie.....let's see if situation change, then mani mite come back to tamil....

i know ppl. wud comment like nobody wants him back....that is also true, i dunt think Mani is required in tamil as ppl.'s tastes have changed a lot....

njv
29th April 2006, 10:38 PM
ramakrishna, actually, mani sir thinks Tamil is more hero-centric now , that's y he is doing Hindi movie.....let's see if situation change, then mani mite come back to tamil....

i know ppl. wud comment like nobody wants him back....that is also true, i dunt think Mani is required in tamil as ppl.'s tastes have changed a lot....

bala, selvaragavan, cheran can give hit with good subject and no heroism. i guess mani need big heros and non heroism subject to come back to tamil. he has to wait for hte fall of kh, rk, vj, ajith, surya and vikram to come back. may be in his next life.

MADDY
29th April 2006, 10:57 PM
njv, mani has achieved so much in this life that ur comment looks out of place......

njv
29th April 2006, 11:29 PM
njv, mani has achieved so much in this life that ur comment looks out of place......
and he lost so much in this life that he need to start all over again. Before AE I had huge impression, even during AE upto intervel I had good impression but after that he prooved that he is yet another copy master.

MADDY
29th April 2006, 11:42 PM
njv, who according to u is better than mani??- cheran,bala, selvaraghavan???? name ur director, i'll dissect them.....OPEN CHALLENGE TO ALL ANTI-MR ppl.......

dinesh2002
30th April 2006, 12:02 AM
njv, who according to u is better than mani??- cheran,bala, selvaraghavan???? name ur director, i'll dissect them.....OPEN CHALLENGE TO ALL ANTI-MR ppl.......

Sabash....Seriyana Pooti.....Adra Sakke !!! 8-)

Djpak
30th April 2006, 12:43 AM
Will Guru release in tamil dub version?
I Like to see Amir khan, I have never seen his movies before

lancelot
30th April 2006, 01:10 AM
Will Guru release in tamil dub version?
I Like to see Amir khan, I have never seen his movies before

:roll: :roll: :?: :?:

hehe

baba88
30th April 2006, 02:38 AM
Guru will be dubbed into Tamil but I think that Amir Khan is not in the movie. The hero is Abishek Bachan and second hero is Madhavan.

A.ANAND
30th April 2006, 09:39 AM
NJV,I THINK U IS ANTI MR BECAUSE UNNGA IR POLAPPA KEDUTTAVARACHE..IT'S RIGHT??ARR INTRODUSE PANNI RAJA KOTTAYA KALACHAVARACHE!!!!ATHANALATHANA EPPADI PAYARINNGA MR MELA..NEENGA NALAA COMEDIAN SIR!!!

Djpak
30th April 2006, 05:09 PM
Is Amir khan not doing Guru? :s

njv
30th April 2006, 05:33 PM
NJV,I THINK U IS ANTI MR BECAUSE UNNGA IR POLAPPA KEDUTTAVARACHE..IT'S RIGHT??ARR INTRODUSE PANNI RAJA KOTTAYA KALACHAVARACHE!!!!ATHANALATHANA EPPADI PAYARINNGA MR MELA..NEENGA NALAA COMEDIAN SIR!!!

find bigger font and different color. it will be attractive. good punch dialogue - you seem like perarasu to me.

njv
30th April 2006, 05:34 PM

all of them. Originality is the difference.

lancelot
30th April 2006, 05:56 PM
Is Amir khan not doing Guru? :s

get your facts right man.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499375/

hehe

MADDY
1st May 2006, 09:50 AM

ohhh is it.....

selvaraghavan: likes to be called as next MR....he is guilty of getting inspired from Film festival movies...his Tilamai was nuthin new......there were hordes of similar malyalam movies 15 yrs back.....Kadhal Kondein - if this is not Guna's inspiration then i will tell all MR's movies are uninspired......vijayr just now told that it also resembles a german movie....7GRC- adheallam oru padama?? shuld we take into consideration such movies while talking abt a genius like MR??

Bala: does not copy but gets inspired....he himself accepted that:
Sethu - His friend's life
Nanda - His life......

Cheran:
Autograph - Mera naam joker......

eppadi??? summa dont kuthhify MR only....no body is free of inspiration.....infact being elite is the only mistake MR did.....TN has changed a lot now....they dunt want elite ppl. around and being elite is a bad word.........no wonder MR has moved out of TFI....i wish ARRahman also follows his friend in this matter......

lancelot
1st May 2006, 10:59 AM
no wonder MR has moved out of TFI....i wish ARRahman also follows his friend in this matter......

y do u wish this??? do u want all ARR fans to go mad without his music????? y ohh y???

please dont wish for stuff like that...
the movies may be crap...but the ARR fans know how to enjoy his music without the movies...

hehe

nilavupriyan
1st May 2006, 11:07 AM

ohhh is it.....

selvaraghavan: likes to be called as next MR....he is guilty of getting inspired from Film festival movies...his Tilamai was nuthin new......there were hordes of similar malyalam movies 15 yrs back.....Kadhal Kondein - if this is not Guna's inspiration then i will tell all MR's movies are uninspired......vijayr just now told that it also resembles a german movie....7GRC- adheallam oru padama?? shuld we take into consideration such movies while talking abt a genius like MR??

Nanda - His life......
Cheran:

eppadi??? summa dont kuthhify MR only....no body is free of inspiration.....infact being elite is the only mistake MR did.....TN has changed a lot now....they dunt want elite ppl. around and being elite is a bad word.........no wonder MR has moved out of TFI....i wish ARRahman also follows his friend in this matter......

whats wrong in real life inspiration man! :rotfl:

thats the sign of good director...come on! ..he is on par with mani..

both are good directors!...bala is bit higher due to his originality!

dinesh2002
1st May 2006, 11:39 AM

ohhh is it.....

Nanda - His life......
Cheran:

whats wrong in real life inspiration man! :rotfl:

thats the sign of good director...come on! ..he is on par with mani..

both are good directors!...bala is bit higher due to his originality!

biggest joke of the century...goodnes...with just 3 films Bala is already better than Mani who is so much senior to him and infact is Bala's role model!! i dare u to say this to any Bala crew or y,even to Bala himself....he would give u a piece of mind himself....paate peseya.... 8-)

ansa400
1st May 2006, 12:55 PM
[tscii:bf06a425eb]
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14194943

Mani Ratnam’s `Guru` based on Ambani!
By Moviebuzz | Monday, 01 May , 2006, 08:43
Mani Ratnam is very secretive by nature and all his projects are kept under wraps till the release. And for his latest film Guru he made the lead actors and the crew sign confidentiality bonds!

Well, now the cat is out of the bag! Guru seems to be based on the life and times of India’s biggest textile tycoon-The late Dhirubhai Ambani. According to industry sources the film takes a hard look at the phenomenal rise and the making of the Ambani empire right from his early days in Aden (in the film it is shown as Turkey).

Abhishek Bachchan plays Dhirubhai Ambani and Aishwarya Rai plays his wife Kokilaben the simple lady. The basic plot of the film hinges on the famous Ambani philosophy-accomplishing what others think is impossible. In the film, Mithun Chakravarthgy plays a sophisticated negative character pitted against Abhishek (shades of Bombay Dyeing chairman Nusli Wadia?)

Mani sir is also giving Gurua romantic touch with some great melodies tuned by A.R.Rahman and has already shot the first schedule in Turkey with the lead actors and Mallika Sherawat who plays an important role.

Remember that Mani has a weakness for basing his films on real life characters like Velu Nayakan of Nayakan that delved into the life of Bombay underworld dreaded Tamil don of the 70’s and 80’s Varadaraja Muthaliar.

Similarly 10 years back Mani shot Iruvar under top secrecy as it was the story of MGR-Jayalalithaa-Karunanidhi. He did it at a time when Jayalalithaa was the Chief Minster of Tamilnadu! Who can forget his portrayal of the Mumbai riots and the depiction of Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray played by Tinnu Anand in Bombay? [/tscii:bf06a425eb]

ansa400
1st May 2006, 12:57 PM
Cool... so, its not a period film as we'll were thinkin.

MADDY
1st May 2006, 04:22 PM
lance, u know wat kinda of response RDbasanti got.....i really wish ARR just gives music for bollywood and stop doing tamil.....tamil is not for him.....

lancelot
1st May 2006, 09:32 PM
lance, u know wat kinda of response RDbasanti got.....i really wish ARR just gives music for bollywood and stop doing tamil.....tamil is not for him.....

i know wat u mean. RDB was a special album. i hope ARR produces somthing in that caliber for JOK. then we'll see what the anti-ARR idiots say.

hehe

njv
1st May 2006, 10:34 PM

i know wat u mean. RDB was a special album. i hope ARR produces somthing in that caliber for JOK. then we'll see what the anti-ARR idiots say.

hehe

anti-arr idiots will say that even JOK is bad. forget about them. I am totally betting on JOK (more than Sivaji and 10A if its by ARR). I am expecting JOK to be along the line of Rhythm at the worst case (which itself is very good)

Djpak
1st May 2006, 10:41 PM

hehe

anti-arr idiots will say that even JOK is bad. forget about them. I am totally betting on JOK (more than Sivaji and 10A if its by ARR). I am expecting JOK to be along the line of Rhythm at the worst case (which itself is very good)

Why is you waste you time maaan, get back to yaa IR FORUM!
Dude i know you are jealous, but IR has his chance last year witch FLOPPED MEGA TO HIM!
This year is rolling on with ARR, RDB ITHAN HIT, then Godfather
and soon Jok (maybe this mounth) ..

lancelot
1st May 2006, 11:10 PM
Why is you waste you time maaan, get back to yaa IR FORUM!
Dude i know you are jealous, but IR has his chance last year witch FLOPPED MEGA TO HIM!

Djpak.....
i dont think njv was saying anything rong about ARR in the previous post. in fact i agree with him. ppl would say that JOK is a bad album even if it turns out to be amazing.

so i dont think there is any reason for you to bring IR in to this.

chill bro.

hehe

MADDY
2nd May 2006, 12:31 AM
njv, pls dunt mind.... :thumbsup: ...

djpak, njv is one IR fan who likes/respects ARR...so chill.... :D

coming back to topic, i heard that train traffic in north karnataka affected by Guru's shooting....strange,....

Shankar
2nd May 2006, 11:18 AM
boss, IMO ARR has to give urban music bcos i'm a urban man and i like to see ARR going global.....

and hell wat, jaiganes, u xpect ARR to talk bad to anyone??? if he meets cheran/bala then he will talk to them cordially.......but that wont give him a chance to work for their movies.......infact bala is a IR fan so u really dont know how he will treat rahman.......

jai, wat happened to u???i'm "blurting out" if i say that ARR shuld give urban music only??? wat happened dude, shuldnt i voice my opinion as a true ARR fan...... :D

okkk.....shuld i dissect cheran's movies now??? Autograph is a highly male-chauvinist movie......will u accept ur wife if she tells u in the first nite that she had 3 boyfrnds????? boss, even cheran wont accept it in reality......summa dunt justify saying it is reality and all.....moreover, he did not handle "handicapped" issue in porkaalam that well.......not to forget his comedy movie where murali and co kidnap naseer.......

and who are the movie watching ppl. in TN rite now??? auto-rickshaw drivers, college students who want kuthu songs....u think they promote creativity??? ARR generation of people now listen tio his mp3s and watch movies by downloading them with 100mbps lines in their offices....that's y even mani doesent find a place here,....

>>>>>>>>>.
infact bala is a IR fan so u really dont know how he will treat rahman.......
<<<<<<<<<<

Just goes to show what kind of guy you are...You just hate Raja and his fans, and your sweeping statements about Raja and fans is sickening, dude.

Well, I was happy that you are atleast an arr fan, inspite of spending time in the "cauldron of mediocrity" (on the movie front ALONE) Mumbai ! Now you claim Himesh is a great singer :-)) That nasal voice is irrittating to say the least. Less said about his compositions (we saw the quality in tere naam)

villan007
2nd May 2006, 12:06 PM
ARR generation of people now listen tio his mp3s and watch movies by downloading them with 100mbps lines in their offices....that's y even mani doesent find a place here,....
/digr*
so you are not in ARR generation.. It is still to come.. 8-)

can u pls tell me the company which has 100 mbps line :) :?:

If u say so cuz of the icon in windows , it is jus the port speed..not the line speed...... :P

the maximum line speed given by bsnl for corporates is 2 mbps :D

no need to say abt other operators..rest all are crappier than BSNL :(

digr/

MADDY
2nd May 2006, 01:37 PM
disgression:
villian07

by ARR gen i mean the ppl. who did their schooling/college in 90's and workin now......does that make sense now?? :D

well u mite be rite abt the line speed and port speed....neways i download a 5 MB song in approx 55sec to 1 min 20 sec in my office...my frnds watch all new movies thru a site called indianhero.....the movies are streamed and my gudness they can watch it w/o any problems....

end disgression

villan007
2nd May 2006, 02:10 PM
disgression:
villian07
by ARR gen i mean the ppl. who did their schooling/college in 90's and workin now......does that make sense now?? :D

:thumbsup:

BTW , urs mite be 1 mbps line.. :D

1000 kilobits/sec... that gets converted into 125 kilobytes/sec

appo than 7.5 mb in 1 minute :clap:

Scale
2nd May 2006, 02:37 PM
Thousands of geniuses live and die undiscovered - either by themselves or by others!!

:lol:

edhukkupa indha veera velayattu.. :rotfl: j/k.

U seams to be very sound! thevai padum podhu thondharavu seiven :wink: :thumbsup:

villan007
2nd May 2006, 09:09 PM
U seams to be very sound! thevai padum podhu thondharavu seiven :wink: :thumbsup:

Aye Aye Sir 8-) ....... :notworthy:

p.s: tht quote was by mark twain..not me... :lol:

MADDY
3rd May 2006, 01:13 PM
>>>>>>>>>.
<<<<<<<<<<

Just goes to show what kind of guy you are...You just hate Raja and his fans, and your sweeping statements about Raja and fans is sickening, dude.

Well, I was happy that you are atleast an arr fan, inspite of spending time in the "cauldron of mediocrity" (on the movie front ALONE) Mumbai ! Now you claim Himesh is a great singer :-)) That nasal voice is irrittating to say the least. Less said about his compositions (we saw the quality in tere naam)

hey gr8 to see u back......me & scale were discussing abt u some days back....

vandhuttayan vandhuttayan......yes shankar , i hate raja fans....but those raja fans who have ridiculed ARR and not ppl. like njv.....

well , a live xample is kamal.....see, how he is trying to get back at ARR.....he is trying to insult ARR att every possible point......dont u think some raja fans are very harsh with ARR???

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/apr302006/national1857542006429.asp

Guru already starts pulling crowds.... :thumbsup:

[/code]

dinesh2002
3rd May 2006, 06:19 PM
>>>>>>>>>.
<<<<<<<<<<

hey gr8 to see u back......me & scale were discussing abt u some days back....

vandhuttayan vandhuttayan......yes shankar , i hate raja fans....but those raja fans who have ridiculed ARR and not ppl. like njv.....

well , a live xample is kamal.....see, how he is trying to get back at ARR.....he is trying to insult ARR att every possible point......dont u think some raja fans are very harsh with ARR???
http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/apr302006/national1857542006429.asp

Guru already starts pulling crowds.... :thumbsup:

[/code]

his answer will be NO....man...easy way is dun waste our precious time on people like these...i wouldnt clasify people like him as IR fan .... its just an insult for IR & his fans.....

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2006, 07:57 PM

JOK may be but will Godfather come within this century? :roll:

Scale
3rd May 2006, 09:02 PM
Sure Next Month. Be ready to pack up thingS!

selvakumar
4th May 2006, 09:23 AM

JOK may be but will Godfather come within this century? :roll:

GODFATHER is coming to make everyone eat their words :thumbsup:

MADDY
4th May 2006, 01:49 PM
Disgression:
http://www.ibnlive.com/features/tamilpolls/index.php

vote for ARR here guys...just click on "who is tamilnadu's biggest icon?" and vote for our ARR here...

dinesh ur avatar rocks mann...where did u get the photo?? scale urs is also rocking....send me the link if u have one....
End Disgression

Scale
4th May 2006, 02:39 PM
http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/Apr/18/13_8.jpg

dinesh2002
4th May 2006, 04:16 PM
Disgression:
http://www.ibnlive.com/features/tamilpolls/index.php

vote for ARR here guys...just click on "who is tamilnadu's biggest icon?" and vote for our ARR here...

dinesh ur avatar rocks mann...where did u get the photo?? scale urs is also rocking....send me the link if u have one....
End Disgression

here is my photo man...but i croped it to fit the size here....its a pic from dinakaran i think!!

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/489/pg11a4ee.jpg

Djpak
4th May 2006, 06:56 PM
[tscii:9d3c1fff42]A R Rahman

Watch the media shy Rahman opening up on CNN-IBN, a news channel, on May 7th at 9.30pm IST with a repeat telecast on May 11th at 11 am IST. Back with a bang with Rang De Basanthi, Rahman is today the most celebrated music director, both in the East and the West. An article on Time carried the title: That old feeling: Isn’t it Rahmantic? The magazine had listed Roja on its Top 10 movie sound track of all time. Rahman turns forty this year and the Entertainment Editor of CNN-IBN catches up with the musical whiz kid on the night of May 7th!

Where is the IR fans hidding now ?
just heard nothing from them today :P[/tscii:9d3c1fff42]

rajdes
4th May 2006, 07:31 PM
Watch Long-haired Dhina in Coiambatore Local Cable today 9PM. Dhina is a celebrated Music Director in both East and west of TN. An article in Kungumam (the local 'TIME') listed thiruppachi among its all-time top 10500. Where are the D.Imman fans now?

Idhaiye konjam oru level upgrade pannina, we get the IR-ARR discussions here.

svaisn
5th May 2006, 05:31 AM
Watch Long-haired Dhina in Coiambatore Local Cable today 9PM. Dhina is a celebrated Music Director in both East and west of TN. An article in Kungumam (the local 'TIME') listed thiruppachi among its all-time top 10500. Where are the D.Imman fans now?

Idhaiye konjam oru level upgrade pannina, we get the IR-ARR discussions here.
which MD are u talking about now

Scale
5th May 2006, 10:39 AM
Dinesh,

semma pic ma! Thanks! :lol:

dinesh2002
5th May 2006, 01:38 PM
Dinesh,

i like ARR's sitting style....shows taht the studio is alwiz his HOME...shows his attactment to his music passion.... 8-)

rashid2raj
5th May 2006, 05:03 PM
Dinesh,

i like ARR's sitting style....shows taht the studio is alwiz his HOME...shows his attactment to his music passion.... 8-)

YEah, so true... he's very comfortable.. :)

MADDY
6th May 2006, 06:52 PM
hey thnx scale/dinesh for ur pics :D .....but will he not grow long hair again??? :cry:

Dragun
7th May 2006, 06:37 AM
hey thnx scale/dinesh for ur pics :D .....but will he not grow long hair again??? :cry:

Spirit is in the heart, not in the hair :)

dinesh2002
7th May 2006, 05:43 PM

Spirit is in the heart, not in the hair :)

i still remember...ARR having long hair used to be critizised those days and now its a trend just becoz of Remo :lol: :lol:

Scale
8th May 2006, 11:12 AM
His wife likes, chance illa :lol: thirumba SONY ya thaan koopidanum :sad: Yet, the recent pic is good too.

http://www.ibnlive.com/article.php?id=9722&section_id=3

MADDY
13th May 2006, 06:44 PM
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/05/11/stories/2006051101310500.htm

PCSreeram to work in Maniratnam-Aamir movie....wonder whether ARR is in??

Ramakrishna
13th May 2006, 07:17 PM

ARR is the favourite of both Aamir and Mani sir.He is obviously the MD of that movie.
What doubt do u have?

Scale
13th May 2006, 07:42 PM
Is this movie real? :D

Nice to see Maniratnam has got 2 movies in a row. No confirmation about this anywhere about ARR yet

Ramakrishna
13th May 2006, 07:53 PM
Is this movie real? :D

Nice to see Maniratnam has got 2 movies in a row. No confirmation about this anywhere about ARR yet

If the movie is confirmed then ARR is confirmed. :)

lancelot
14th May 2006, 07:48 PM

hmmmm... interesting....
i think this is what u r talking about

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0474788/

hehe

MADDY
19th May 2006, 08:56 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/20816433/Guru.jpg.html

guru promo pic....

Scale
25th May 2006, 10:16 AM
[tscii:c023406fae]
http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=10&articleid=52420062238142185242006223751281

Bappida sings for Rahman
The singer-composer has just recorded the title track of Mani Ratnam’s Guru...

The song for the film has been written by Gulzar. “It was an honour to sing that song. I am a huge fan of Gulzar saab and I admire the way in which he has evolved over the years. I was pleasantly surprised to hear the lyrics of his ‘Kajra re’,” says Bappi. Incidentally, Bappi got a call from A R Rahman inviting him to his studio in Chennai. “I was surprised to see the kind of homework he did before calling me. He was sure about what he wanted from me. The recording was over in just one night. It is a seven-minute song, and they are going to use it in the credit scroll, with graphics,” reveals the singer. But he refused to divulge the lyrics of the song. “Now that's not my department. You'll have to ask Rahman or Gulzarji for the information,” he states
[/tscii:c023406fae]

Scale
31st May 2006, 12:13 PM
Madras-talkies website

http://www.madrastalkies.com/

Wallpapers,

http://www.madrastalkies.com/Downloads.asp

Check this one (http://www.madrastalkies.com/uploads/Gall_Big_Image1752006105345.jpg) KH, MR & PCS :thumbsup: :clap:

Iruvar (http://www.madrastalkies.com/uploads/Gall_Big_Image1752006105221.jpg) why anjali stills were in B/W? :?

p/s: Thanks to A_A & great posted it in TF.

A.ANAND
31st May 2006, 01:42 PM
SUPER..SUPER..MR.SCALE :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap:

rashid2raj
31st May 2006, 04:58 PM
Madras-talkies website

http://www.madrastalkies.com/

Wallpapers,

http://www.madrastalkies.com/Downloads.asp

Check this one (http://www.madrastalkies.com/uploads/Gall_Big_Image1752006105345.jpg) KH, MR & PCS :thumbsup: :clap:

Iruvar (http://www.madrastalkies.com/uploads/Gall_Big_Image1752006105221.jpg) why anjali stills were in B/W? :?

p/s: Thanks to A_A & great posted it in TF.

Wooow, thanks.. Jus look at all the awards rewarded to Bombay.. 8-)

Scale
2nd June 2006, 12:23 PM
india cinemavin direction thurail sagaptham padaitha gurunadharukku pirandha naal vaazhthukal..

Many Many more happy returns of the Day (Maniratnam & IR) wishes to both

GURU will ROCK in the forthcoming venture!

vasanth2006
2nd June 2006, 04:40 PM
Happy Birthday to Legend manirathnam.

IMHO In india Nobody can match the quality and technical competence of manirathnam .

we are expecting some soulful movies from you like "idhaiyathai thirudathey","mouna ragam","bombay".

rayan36
5th June 2006, 08:51 AM
HE always have extracted good muisc from his MD's whether it's ARR or IR :wink: :wink: very good music sense

rayan36
16th June 2006, 07:57 AM
[tscii:cd2dfff527]Bhatt plucks the right note

Ritujay Ghosh | HT City

Kolkata, June 12, 2006

Vishwa Mohan Bhatt has come a long way, from creating a musical instrument called the Mohan Veena, playing with George Harrison and composing music in the Oscar-winning film Dead Man Walking to winning a Grammy for the world music album, A Meeting by the River. The maestro is still going strong.

Bhatt is all set to fly off to London this week to meet Eric Clapton about an album he is doing with the guitarist and vocalist. “We will be finalising things during this meeting before we start composing the tracks,” says Bhatt, who was in Kolkata on Sunday for a music concert.

The maestro is elated about working with Clapton, whom he has known for the last few years. “I have played with a number of western musicians but an album with Clapton is certainly a big thing,” says Bhatt, whose music moved Clapton so much during a 2004 concert in memory of George Harrison at the Royal Albert Hall, London, that the guitarist, the organiser of the show, approached him for
a concert.

Vishwa Mohan Bhatt is doing an album with guitarist and vocalist Eric Clapton.
“This is how our friendship grew. We performed together at the Crossroads Guitar Festival in Dallas when we finally decided to come out with an album,” says Bhatt.

The project, says the maestro, will be on world music and both he and Clapton will be on vocals and also play their instruments — the Mohan Veena and the guitar.

“We will compose the tracks together and that won’t take long, may be a day or two,” says a confident Bhatt, who earlier composed A Meeting by the River in just one night.

The musician confesses that he hadn’t heard too much of Clapton till he met him. “Tears in heaven, which Clapton sang after the death of his son, is my favourite. This time we will stress a lot on improvisation. Indian classical musicians always have a tendency towards improvisation in their albums and I will follow the same route,” he says.

Bhatt laments the present state of Indian classical music. “It’s not that there is a dearth of good listeners. However, what we lack is proper presentation. Commercial houses like Sahara and the Ambanis, who are investing so much to promote sports and other things should also look at us and help us promote cultural music in India,” he says.

At present, Bhatt is busy with a fusion album with German guitarist Matthais Mueller, which will see him on the Mohan Veena blending Rajasthani folk with western music. The recording will be done at the end of August. “I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it will work out well,” he says.

“I have also recorded for a Hindi-Tamil bilingual film for director Mani Ratnam, along with music director AR Rahman,” says Bhatt.

source : http://www.hindustantimes.com/news/181_1718505,001100050001.htm
[/tscii:cd2dfff527]

sanchay
18th June 2006, 02:44 PM
GURU - Bilingual film?????

rayan36
19th June 2006, 12:52 PM
Maybe, what he mean's was the film getting dubbed in tamil :huh:
the good thing is about the songs YEAH!!!!

rayan36
21st July 2006, 09:56 AM
[tscii:e6ef2c6001]Suhasini’s homework for Guru in England July 18, 2006

Manirathnam watchers know that Suhasini Manirathnam is also a part of his latest venture Guru, the Abishek Bacchhan—Aishwarya Rai starrer. “Yes, I have done the first twenty scenes of the movie. Mani sir gave me a blank cheque and a piece of white paper and sent me off to England where he spent most of his youth. I am from a village and the place was new to me. But then, I had a lot of time to get some real creativity done. I knew that this was a paid holiday,” say Suhasini.

[/tscii:e6ef2c6001]

rayan36
21st July 2006, 10:06 AM
[tscii:8ad2541472] vintage Mumbai in Chennai for Manirathnam’s Guru!!

Have you ever imagined what Mumbai would have looked like in the 1950's?

Trams on the road, buildings, people and the very atmosphere exuding a sense of the old world charm… That is precisely what ace director Manirathnam has brought alive in his forthcoming film, Guru. The Mumbai of the 1950s.

With Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai, Maddy and Vidya Balan in the lead roles, sources reveal that the film traces the life of the Ambanis.

A majority of the shoot is complete, with only two weeks' worth of shooting left.

Known for his meticulous precision for detail, Manirathnam was intent on painting a picture of Mumbai before the 1960s. And when an image of a certain vision sits with explicit clarity in the mind of a director like Mani, there is no room whatsoever for compromise.

Huge sets at the YMCA grounds in Chennai have been erected expressly for this purpose, with art director Samir Chandar calling the shots. The sets are massive, to say the least, and the vista presented, lifelike.

Old world roads have been laid out, trams have been built, and even the costumes are a replica of the times gone by. The sets and the setting look so authentic, that a lucky few who caught a glimpse of the sets, are spellbound by its sense of realism. In fact, most people are not aware of the existence of such a setting, including a majority of the unit of the film.

Manirathnam has taken time out to explain the magnitude of the location only to Abhishek, who trade experts believe is lucky to have landed with such an exquisite and unique character.

We are told that Abhishek's character starts in the year 1959, when he is 20 years old, and the film traces his life till he is 65. The older Abhishek Bachchan in the film has been characterized as a rotund personality, for which a special make-up that takes close to four hours to complete has been used in the film. Industry experts say that Guru will certainly be a milestone character for Abhishek Bachchan, and his value in the industry will only shoot upwards.

However, when Mani wanted to shoot a few scenes and a song sequence in Mumbai, Abhishek was forced to decline in fear of the media glare. With scores of rumours doing the rounds about his supposed affair with Aishwarya Rai, he is afraid that a song shot in Mumbai with Abhishek romancing Ash will only add fuel to the rumour mills that are working overtime already. Abhishek has declined a shoot in Mumbai earlier as well, for the film Dhoom 2, and requested the producer to look for an alternate location with the unit ending up in Brazil finally.

Respecting the actor's wishes, Manirathnam too is looking for other locations for the song, while completing most of his film shooting in Tamil Nadu and Karnataka.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-articles/movies-02/14-06-06-guru.html[/tscii:8ad2541472]

rayan36
6th August 2006, 03:53 PM
[tscii:5015038d80]" Guru " comes with great expectations this year with The legends AR Rehman and Manirathnam working on this project. Abishek , Madhavan and Beauty queen Aishwaraya play the lead roles in Guru . The news is that the movie spans around four decades from 50's to 80's. This information is also confirmed in an interview with tamil daily by Rajiv Menon. The movie shooting is going on a brisk pace in Chennai and Karnataka. AR Rehman has already composed 3 songs for the movie and one of them is sung by Himesh reshmai. the big question is ,Will Guru have dubbed version released in south Indian languages………….Hope Guru leads its way…………

http://www.tamilpakkam.com/html/cini_news/whereisguru.htm[/tscii:5015038d80]

baba88
8th August 2006, 12:43 PM
[tscii:3f120939f0]Manirathnam’s latest venture Guru has created galore of expectations due to the line of huge star cast including the former miss world and the latest hot pair of Bollywood Aishwarya Rai – Abhishek and not to mention the music maestro A R Rahman.

News is that the audio of the movie is to be released soon as a Diwali treat for the fans according to G.Srinivasan, producer of the film.

Guru is shot in various locales in India, Chennai being the predominant of all the locations and owing to this, you may well remember our reports, Aishwarya and Abhishek are seen quite a few times having a good time in Chennai’s not-so-crowd-thronging atmosphere.

Only picturisation of a couple of songs are pending for the movie and the song, which marks Aishwarya’s introduction in this movie, is all set to be shot in Mysore next week. The locale for other song is not yet decided by ace Manirathnam. The movie is slated for a December release [/tscii:3f120939f0]

july
9th August 2006, 11:50 AM
hmm..we want mani back to tamil...not for his movie..just 4 Arr music :P

july
9th August 2006, 11:51 AM
hmm..we want mani back to tamil...not for his movie..just 4 Arr music :P

sanchay
14th August 2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.indiafm.com/movies/fstills/12838/index.html

sanchay
14th August 2006, 09:12 PM
http://www.indiafm.com/movies/fstills/12838/index.html

sanchay
14th August 2006, 09:17 PM
guru is a bilingual film?????????????????

SO, audio is going to release also in tamil version !!!!!!!!!!

slperson1
25th August 2006, 05:54 AM
http://guru-thefilm.com/

seems like therell be another 50-60's track

<hr>
[html:cf8d07c607]<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="770" height="385" id="intro" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="intro.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://guru-thefilm.com/intro.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="770" height="385" name="intro" align="middle" allowscriptaccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</object>[/html:cf8d07c607]

Flash piece added by RR

rajasaranam
28th August 2006, 01:05 AM
awesome jazzy music there in the site. good that ARR while working with MR gives enthralling music :thumbsup:

MADDY
29th August 2006, 04:32 AM
awesome jazzy music there in the site. good that ARR while working with MR gives enthralling music :thumbsup:

RS, are u sure, u liked it?? there was a huge roar in ARR-yahoo fan group with ppl. hating this piece and one guy even went to the extreme of declaring himself a non-ARR fan after listening to this piece :lol: ......even i felt it was a bit comical for a should-be-intense movie like guru......but ARR-Mani combo always gives surprises.....

united07
29th August 2006, 07:23 AM
This is a classic 50's dance music guys...i simply love it....

wow! exactly as how it suppose to be...for a period movie....

ansa400
29th August 2006, 11:33 AM
The music rocks my socks off!!! infact I liked it the first time i listened to it, something unusual of ARR's music. I cant wait for it to release.

thamizhvaanan
29th August 2006, 11:36 AM
:redjump:

Jacky
30th August 2006, 03:41 AM
I dont think it's by ARR. Music is quite similar to prelude of an old hindi number "aaja aaja meh hun pyar tera". Even the fonts and site design is quite unlike Madras talkies stuff. May be some enthusiastic fan!

Dragun
30th August 2006, 07:15 AM
WHOIS information for guru-themovie.com:

[whois.melbourneit.com]

Domain Name.......... guru-themovie.com
Creation Date........ 2006-05-19
Registration Date.... 2006-05-19
Expiry Date.......... 2007-05-19
Organisation Name.... Madras Talkies
Organisation Address. 15- Prescent Evenue, Kesavaterumalpuram,
Organisation Address.
Organisation Address. Chennai
Organisation Address. 400028
Organisation Address. Chennai
Organisation Address. INDIA

Admin Name........... Mr. Anand
Admin Address........ 15- Prescent Evenue, Kesavaterumalpuram,
Admin Address........
Admin Address........ Chennai
Admin Address........ 400028
Admin Address........ Chennai
Admin Address........ INDIA
Admin Email.......... ritu@babadigitalonline.com
Admin Phone.......... +91.04424615810
Admin Fax............ +91.04424615810

Tech Name............ Rakita nanda
Tech Address......... 303 Patel Industrial Estate New Link Rd,Next to Monginis, Andheri (W)
Tech Address.........
Tech Address......... Mumbai
Tech Address......... 400053
Tech Address......... MH
Tech Address......... INDIA
Tech Email........... ritu@babadigitalonline.com
Tech Phone........... +91.2256926911
Tech Fax............. +91.2256926911
Name Server.......... ns5.indialinks.com
Name Server.......... ns6.indialinks.com

MusicIsLife
31st August 2006, 06:50 AM
Loved the music on the site!! Nice work, different and something to expect.

rajasaranam
31st August 2006, 01:31 PM
RS, are u sure, u liked it?? there was a huge roar in ARR-yahoo fan group with ppl. hating this piece and one guy even went to the extreme of declaring himself a non-ARR fan after listening to this piece :lol: ......even i felt it was a bit comical for a should-be-intense movie like guru......but ARR-Mani combo always gives surprises.....

Sure Maddy the instant the music started I started liking it. and kept it playing for more than half an hour in my system and i memorised the music :) It has a cool jazzy/rock n roll feel it :thumbsup:
I can hum the full piece now without listening to it
thanks to RR to include the flash here itself :)

SVN
31st August 2006, 09:20 PM
Just a wild guess, does it have anything to do with Iruvar?

The photo of Abhishek standing in the balcony with hordes of people waiting in the rain reminds me of the scene in Iruvar where Prakash Raj drags Mohanlal to the balcony to see for himself the kind of support he had gathered.

Well, come to think of it, even Nayakan had a similar scene. I guess it's Mani's trademark..

vijayr
1st September 2006, 08:05 AM
SVN, you are right in that a lot of things about Guru remind me of Iruvar - the biopic-kind of presentation set in the 50s, the recent stills, the Aishwarya Rai presence,even the Jazz-laden music etc. I hope Mani doesnt repeat himself for the Hindi audience

SVN
1st September 2006, 01:07 PM
Yes, apart from the period setting and the music, there are some other aspects as well, which link it to Iruvar: the presence of Madhavan as a co-star (who was originally considered for Iruvar); the initial portions that are set in a village (Suhasini is apparently assisting with this part of the script); the hero's character being an ambitious leader, with shades of grey ...

My guess is it may not be entirely based on Iruvar:
1. Tamil audience rejected it as a slow movie, which was dialogue-heavy. Mani who's looking for the ever-eluding box office success in Hindi would not want to take a huge risk like that.
2. Tamil audience could relate to the politics-cinema-literature mix in the 50's and 60's and the real-life incidents as reference points. The same can't be said about the audiences up north.

I just hope he gives us something new, sensible and entertaining- the kind of cinema which he was famous for. And I hope ARR too gives us something to relish and celebrate. It is a challenge, no doubt, when one has to trace over 4 decades of music, however ARR Mani combo can weave its magic yet again. The Reshammiyas and Pritams are getting on my nerves.

Scale
2nd September 2006, 10:06 PM
[tscii:f93fdcc47e]That’s truly rocking! This is what I generally expect from every ARR's album - Instrumentals. I have been a huge fan of Jazz music don’t know why only to instrumentals. Vocals in Jazz music irritates Me (from my var. intl collection) Is that the genre?… Wish Rahman released JOK title track (a perfect Jazz no in every form) as a mere instrumental track (only with S…O…K & shikkaku boom ba… :lol:) Listen to the piano strokes & trumphet blow (sok) at 3.11 is truly mesmerizing.. Even IR's -MX's fills my playlist in karoke mode. Parineeta's Jazz no (Rekha) is what I instantly liked it may be I didn’t follow the lyrics properly.

Can anyone point out few superhit Jazz songs w/ Vocals .. in TFM ? :roll:
[/tscii:f93fdcc47e]

sloshed
5th September 2006, 10:55 PM
is it just me .. or anybody else have this feeling....

Guru has flop written all over it.... Somehow its not a MR film I am waiting for... it just feels different ....be it the posters...the "supposed" story .. cast... doesnt ring a "hit" bell.... If the story is actually the story of a man ... visionary... this will be a super flop....
I dont know why MR has chosen such an outing for his hindi venture.... MR strenth is relationships... period...!!
or maybe MR isnt interested in commercial success.. and only interested in critial acclaim during his last few years as a director...maybe...
for me .. GURU just doent feel like it will hit the chord...

MADDY
5th September 2006, 11:36 PM
is it just me .. or anybody else have this feeling....

Guru has flop written all over it...

sloshed, its very easy to predict a flop than predicting a hit......it becomes easier when u find MR,ARR name in the lineup, isnt it??cos u know from now on, 4 out of 5 movies from this combo will fail.....

but only thing i'm hoping for is something like RDB......trust me, RDB was the most comprehensive flop material......45 yr old hero, 40 yr old MD with lots of experimented songs, boring subject of patriotism but it turns out to be a movie that has changed a entire nation's perspective.......u never know..... :wink:

sloshed
6th September 2006, 03:36 AM
Maddy ...
In fact .... RDB was one of the films which i knew will be a big blockbustur... I knew a bit about the film from the media... and I had a good feeling about Rakesh Mehara.... and his care for good screenplay....
In fact all this while I had this strange notion about how only MR can do justice to both art and commercial cinemas in the same visual media.... I am happy to find .. a lot of people are coming forward on that thought... RM,selvaragavan,bala, etc..

Coming back to your point.... If I find MR and ARR inthe same lineup ... alomost everything points to a hit... why not?? ..its just that ...I feel MR has chosen a subject .. which may not vibe well at this present time....I dont know anything about this moive.. except for the fact that its about a visionary... still I dont think its a subject with "super hit" written all over it... I dont think Mani will hit off with the north this time around.. I wish he had taken a more "saleable" story .... but lets see...unless promos come out.. we cant say nything.. but I just feel this one will be a big flop....

And maddy .. in a way ur rite.."RDB" didnt belong to the 45 yr old actor or the 40 yr MD... it all belongs to one man ..Rakesh ... his vision was excellent... the other two can take credit to the fact that they helped his vision... I think RM will be one of the finest directors in this era... good luck to him....and good luck to Mani...

sloshed
6th September 2006, 03:41 AM
I forgot to add....

I am actually hoping for something that will better "Iruvar"
IMO.. its the finest Indian Movie ever made.... If I made a checklist on the aspects of an excellently well done movie... Iruvar is up there..... Though I dont care about the BO success.. I want success atleast for MR sake.. he deserves it and i think its long due in the north....

MADDY
6th September 2006, 08:07 AM
And maddy .. in a way ur rite.."RDB" didnt belong to the 45 yr old actor or the 40 yr MD... it all belongs to one man ..Rakesh ... his vision was excellent... the other two can take credit to the fact that they helped his vision... I think RM will be one of the finest directors in this era... good luck to him....and good luck to Mani...

i totally disagree with u.....ARR and Aamir were very vital for this movie's success.......ARR had suggested the situations/feel of the movie etc etc. to RM, so i guess he was very much a part of it.....for me this was ARR's biggest success post-2000....

Scale
6th September 2006, 03:02 PM
I Second Maddy on the above part. Music-ARR & Aamir played a vital role in this success... Couldnt imagine a movie without them. Infact these two were the crowd-pullers.

thamizhvaanan
6th September 2006, 03:11 PM
RDB has ARR's best BGM since Thiruda Thiruda :thumbsup: The success of the film largely owes to the BGMs and camera work :clap: They carried the punch of the scenes... especially scenes like jallian wallah bach.... otherwise the film wud have ended just like another documentary. The strings were amazing in the BG (recently saw VV.. strings in BG were as bland as they can get :banghead: and they call this as gr8 BG :banghead: )

sloshed
6th September 2006, 10:01 PM
Maddy/Scale....

I dont deny the part in their success... BUt dont you think that the movies success was "pre-defined" by the script of RM.... Scale.... the "two-crowd pullers concept" doesnt vibe well with me.. in fact that same two crowd pullers were also there for a dud called "Mangal Pandey" ... Rm chose to think different... gave the concept of patriotism in a pulse that captured the youth's imagination.... The credit should go to him...
This talk of BGM's and Camera work are only secondary ... I dont think it was ARR best since "Thiruda Thiruda".... IMHO .. "Dil se" ,AP, KM.. had far superior BGM's that RDB....
I agree to an extent.. Amir gave the movie the opening ...but RM deserves everything in sustaining its run.... and as Maddy points out.. ARR needs success to make sure his songs dont perish .. actually someone pointed out ..that RM didnt do justice to the songs as they werent picturized in effect.... the movie in totality rocked...and I am only suprised nobody here mentions of the powerful script RM had in the furst place....

BTW.. the other good movie in recent times with a powerful script.. is "Bommarillu" .... though I dont speak the language .. I loved the film... thats powerful moive making again... Again I wouldnt say .. its becos of the actors/MDs... the battle had been won already ...

Jacky
7th September 2006, 12:36 AM
[tscii:9e05dbccc9]"Guru has flop written all over it...."

I said the same thing in a popular blog only to get brickbats. Abishek plays Ambani, Mithun Chakrabarthy plays his business rival and it's all about corporate battles, and rise of Ambani from 50-80. Certainly not a commercial story and an imminent flop. Movie would be well made and ARR would churn out some amazing numbers for mani - that's a routine affair.
I’m forcibly switching my loyalties to Lajjo, Aamir, Mani, ARR, PC Sriram, and Bobby Bedi for good production values!
[/tscii:9e05dbccc9]

MADDY
7th September 2006, 06:47 AM
Sloshed, i completely agree with u on the script on RDB....one of the most scintillating ones i have ever seen in my life.....infact, i place Raykesh on par with Mani, Ghai (guys dont laugh, he is also my fav.), RGV and above Gautam/Selvaraghavan/Ashutosh Gowariker..........

sloshed, did u know that Mangal Pandey had one of the biggest openings ever for that time?? it was purely bcos of Aamir/Marketing/ARR.......so RDB's opening had to do with Aamir and ARR a lot.....but the movie sustained bcos of its gr8 script........but wat r the industry standards we have now?? Arindhum ariyamalum, Kadhal Kondein, Pattiyal were gud movies and ran mainly for their scripts but still we consider it as a success movies for YSR, isnt it??? same way, i guess ARR shuld be credited for RDB's success....

jacky, u never know, Mani is gr8, he might pull out some surprises in Guru......did u know dil se was the first Indian movie to be declared a flop in India and a hit abroad......u never know Guru mite start another new trend of its own./....

Jacky
7th September 2006, 02:37 PM
[tscii:80358b7ff1]Maddy,
Not just dilse but any Mani movie does well in overseas and in our metros. Period films have always been rejected by the Hindi audience, even Shahrukh’s Ashoka was a flop.
If Mani needs his first elusive hit in Bollywood, he has to work on a contemporary subject like DCH and his great technical crew will enhance it better.
When creativity is at an all time low in Bollywood that Don, Sholay, AAAnthony are remade, it's just the time Mani can pull a surprise but with Guru I don’t think he has a chance. Lajjo may be the one. We'll see!
[/tscii:80358b7ff1]

MADDY
7th September 2006, 02:51 PM
[tscii:d0128a7261]Maddy,
If Mani needs his first elusive hit in Bollywood, he has to work on a contemporary subject like DCH and his great technical crew will enhance it better. [/tscii:d0128a7261]

hey how can u forget Anjali/Roja/Bombay/Saathiya which were huge hits......

lets see yaar, if he has something interesting to say then people wud watch it.......

Jacky
7th September 2006, 04:39 PM
I meant a direct hit and not dubbed ones.
But nevertheless dubbed hits are to be reckoned as well.

Shankar
11th September 2006, 02:36 PM
[tscii:bb243a954c]>>>>>>
Shahrukh’s Ashoka was a flop.
<<<<<<

How can anyone expect that piece of Cr*p called asoka to be hit ? It was not a period movie in any sense (SRK roaming around with a totally hip hairdo in 250 BC or so :-) )...

kadavuLE vandhu nadichAlum andha stupid script would've flopped big time. Is this the same Santosh Sivan who made terrorist ?!?!?! [/tscii:bb243a954c]

Jacky
12th September 2006, 01:48 PM
It has nothing to do with weak script, it flopped cuz it was a period film. I don't think SRK's audience ever expected a good script! And in Ashoka his name was Ashok and not Raj or Rahul. Besides he wanted to die for his country, normally ppl expect SRK to die for his love!

MusicIsLife
13th September 2006, 01:44 AM
FYI: Saathiya was not directed by Mani, it was remade in Hindi by Shaad Ali only screenplay was by Mani

ajaybaskar
4th October 2006, 10:29 AM
http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/mp/2006/06/28/stories/2006062800970100.htm

united07
4th October 2006, 11:32 AM
Have you guys checked out the website recently?

http://www.guru-thefilm.com/

got updates animation and images

ajaybaskar
10th October 2006, 12:47 PM
Renowned music composer Bappi Lahiri has sung a seven minute song entitled Yammo Yammo in the film
Playback singer Madhushree has recorded a song in this film composed by Rahman
Sony BMG has acquired the music rights for this movie
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=178419000&size=l
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/singer/1240/3/general/2

ajaybaskar
12th October 2006, 11:42 AM
According to the Eenaadu paper today , Guru audio will be released by
november middle and the film as all know that is planning to be
relesed on December 22 and according to Gopals discography the telugu
and tamil versions of it will be relesed through Rahman's label i.e KM
MUSIQ.

Scale
14th October 2006, 04:03 PM
[tscii:ceeb1a657a]Looks like a "Cult-Classic" (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/71774) in the making (pic (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=guru1uy7.jpg)).....kandippa no remakes or dubbed versions this time

¸Äì¸ §À¡ÅÐ Â¡Õ - º¢Å¡ƒ¢Â¡? ÌÕÅ¡? [/tscii:ceeb1a657a]

rayan36
19th October 2006, 07:33 PM
[tscii:79432429a6]The Mallika Sherawat item song with Abhishek in Guru

By IndiaFM News Bureau, October 13, 2006 - 04:45 IST

Here are some exclusive pictures from Mani Ratnam's forthcoming film Guru … and remember you saw it first only on IndiaFM .

Firstly we see Abhishek Bachchan in a clean shaven look after a very long time. It is rumored that he is playing the reel life role of the late business magnate Dhirubai Ambani. Check him out in his polished suit in this title role. On the right corner is him again in another look, however this time being more casual with a cap on.

In the picture in the middle we see Abhishek and none other than Mallika Sherawat on a horse carriage somewhere in Europe. This is taken from the special ‘item number' song that has been picturized on Mallika. The song is the only part of the film where she will be prevalent.

Apart from Abhishek Guru also stars Aishwarya Rai as his lady love with Vidya Balan, R Madhavan, Arya Babbar and Mithun Chakravarthy in pivotal roles.

Source : http://www.indiafm.com[/tscii:79432429a6]

ajaybaskar
23rd October 2006, 10:48 AM
it seems that GURU trailer is being shown in the channels. Check it out guys...

great
23rd October 2006, 09:08 PM

I have seen the trailor in sathyam theatre 3/4 days back . Photography looks promising its 70s kinda setting obviously Music would have major weightage in Mani movie !!! Hope Mani gets lucky atleast this time in Bollywood.

MADDY
24th October 2006, 01:12 AM

I have seen the trailor in sathyam theatre 3/4 days back . Photography looks promising its 70s kinda setting obviously Music would have major weightage in Mani movie !!! Hope Mani gets lucky atleast this time in Bollywood.

boss , he already has hits in Roja, Bombay, Anjali, Saathiya (screenplay was his)........

wow, how are the trailers Ajay??? did u get a glimpse of it??? wow it shuld be one cracking album...... :D

Dragun
24th October 2006, 03:02 AM
Maddy, he hasn't had any direct (non-dubbed) hits in Hindi yet. Dil Se supposedly did well overseas, and probably does well on DVD.

great
24th October 2006, 10:15 AM
boss , he already has hits in Roja, Bombay, Anjali, Saathiya (screenplay was his)........

:lol: Get the difference between dubbed version and direct movie first 8-)

MADDY
24th October 2006, 03:00 PM

wat was the need for laughing here??? did i say something so stupid??? :huh:

btw, all these movies were directed by Mani only rite??? can u deny that???

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 03:51 PM

wat was the need for laughing here??? did i say something so stupid??? :huh:

btw, all these movies were directed by Mani only rite??? can u deny that???

Leave it Maddy, U r right. Be it a original or a remade film, the maker is the same. When people in north have welcomed Roja, Bombay and Saathiya, it is evident that they have a huge respect for the genius. SRK and Aamir have constanly expressed their desire to act in his films. That does'nt mean that they've watched only his hindi films.

Guru's trailor is damn good,maddy. I watched it in Sathyam this weekend. When u come here to chennai to watch Varallaru, book your tickets at Sathyam for the double dhamaka...

MADDY
25th October 2006, 04:12 PM
Guru's trailor is damn good,maddy. I watched it in Sathyam this weekend. When u come here to chennai to watch Varallaru, book your tickets at Sathyam for the double dhamaka...

:bluejump:

yo man.....i have done exactly that.....i have booked tickets for Sunday 11:30 show in sathyam.........anyone has booked for the same show??? if so, PM me.......

ajaybaskar
25th October 2006, 06:32 PM

:bluejump:

yo man.....i have done exactly that.....i have booked tickets for Sunday 11:30 show in sathyam.........anyone has booked for the same show??? if so, PM me.......

Oh buddy, iam leaving to Trichy on friday. Otherwise i wud've surely booked a ticket for the same show. Anyway, have a gud time, maddy. U'l surely enjoy the film..

ajaybaskar
26th October 2006, 10:17 AM
Maddy, here is the link for guru trailor.

http://www.bollywoodsargam.com/bollywoodsargam_search.php?search_term=Guru

ajaybaskar
27th October 2006, 11:34 AM
Guru brings Dhirubhai Ambani to life?

Everyone knows how secretive Mani Ratnam film is about giving away ANY info on one of his upcoming films, and Guru, starring the hottest young couple in the country - Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan - is no exception

The Galatta.com team was received very courteously on the sets of Guru in Madurai a few days ago, but there it ended. One could only catch a glimpse of the making of Guru, longing for more.

Guru is whispered to be the story of the man who put India on the world map of business - the late Dhirubhai Ambani of Reliance Industries. The story is woven around this great man's life, his struggles and his surge to success through pure hard work, dedication and fierce patriotism.

In the meantime, the short trailer of Guru is out, and looks stunning. Could this be Mani Ratnam's come-back film?

Abhishek Bachchan rules the screen with a presence reminiscent of his towering father Big B. One can only wait eagerly to see what Mani has in store for us with Aishwarya and the rest of the cast.

Typical of Mani's films, the lighting seems muted and real, the dialogues refreshingly clipped and succinct and the make-up of the actors understated.

A.R. Rahman's music is much-awaited - every single one of his works with Mani Ratnam has been superb and their duo has proved to be a success.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/6309/news/Guru.html

Guess_Me
27th October 2006, 09:16 PM
Finally, the official teaser trailer

http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/hindi/mani-ratnams-guru-teaser-trailer/

Looks good, Sounds good.

MusicIsLife
27th October 2006, 11:06 PM
Ajaybaskar,
r u from trichy, good to know, me too. maddy enjoy the movie at Satyam.. hmm those wonderful days!! (i watched Kadhalan last at satyam, still so nostalgic).

MusicIsLife
27th October 2006, 11:10 PM
I surely love the BGM on the trailer, love it, love it, love it Different, profound, poignant.

ajaybaskar
28th October 2006, 10:51 AM
Ajaybaskar,
r u from trichy, good to know, me too. maddy enjoy the movie at Satyam.. hmm those wonderful days!! (i watched Kadhalan last at satyam, still so nostalgic).

I am from tanjore,friend. Previously i was with HDFC std life insurance, Chennai as a Sales Development Manager. Now that i've joined SBI Life insurance,Trichy, iam moving downsouth. I am going to miss Chennai a lot. Its heaven..

Spencer's Music world, Satyam are my favourite hang outs..

Theatres in Tanjore, Tirunelveli, Nagercoil are my favourites when compared to those in cities like Chennai, Cbe, Trichy. If u wanna watch a movie with an excellent effect( particularly ARR movies), watch it in a theatre downsouth. Its true,guys. I can even list down some good theatres here.

Tirunelveli- Bombay theatre, Ratna, Arunagiri, Ram complex
Nagercoil- Chakravarthy, New, Thangam, Karthigai, Rajesh
Tanjore- Jupiter, Arul, yagappa
Tuticorin- Cleopatra, Cine Raj, Balakrishna.

Try it once and feel the difference.

thineshan54321
28th October 2006, 07:49 PM
Hey I need the password for guru teaser trailer

Ramakrishna
28th October 2006, 08:01 PM
Hey I need the password for guru teaser trailer

This is the password.
http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/

MusicIsLife
28th October 2006, 09:19 PM
Ajaybaskar,

Nice 2 know. I left madras in 94 2 singapore and shuttled around for an year or so and came to US in 96. My stay in madras was just little over 2 years, but i still love the bachelor pad triplicane.mylapore pradosham visits,satyam and other fav hangouts.

thineshan54321
28th October 2006, 11:02 PM
hey thanks ramakrishna, the trailor looks promising. The music is nice also.

vijayr
29th October 2006, 10:13 AM
Did anyone catch Rahman's interview on SSmusic(22nd october). I watched it on numtv.com now and it was interesting in parts. The interview was in English and Rahman was his usual casual self breezing thru the questions. Some of the specific comments I remembered from what he said:

Although his inpirations do keep changing,some of his permanent inspirations are Carpenters/Bach/Nusrat

The "New york nagaram" song was done as a jam session in about half an hour or so,where Rahman didnt play the tune to anyone and only the guitar riffs/chord progressions were played to the director and lyricist

He recorded a song using an Arabic singer in Hindi for a song in Guru,which was picturized in Turkey. He is finishing up Sivaji and Guru.

After all these years it still the Live shows that gives him the jitters and he was relieved that the show in Bangalore somehow came thru despite the rains.

He doesnt necessarily have any symphony in his future plans(when he was asked specifically about it) and he has gotten over the notion he had earlier in life that somehow classical music was superior to the current forms of music he was doing just because they used live instruments(he mentioned cello,violin etc.) and such. He right now believes,any piece of music when done with the right spirit, even if it is executed using a synth,is good music to him and that things have changed a lot now and he used the word "sound spectrum" I think when referring to the choice of instruments currently available. There was no "inferior" music in his book. While in the same context he also said he enjoyed some of Deva's gaana songs when Sivamani played it to him during a trip to LA and found them to be neatly integrated.

vijayr
29th October 2006, 10:19 AM
In complete contrast is Deva's interview,which Iam watching now :-)

Nerd
30th October 2006, 10:47 PM
http://www.guru-thefilm.com/

The site's intro bit and the trailers BGM are mindblowing. The trailer looks really good. Cant wait for the soundtrack/movie :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
31st October 2006, 10:54 AM
Maddy, watched GURU trailer?

Shankar
31st October 2006, 11:02 AM
>>>>>>
he has gotten over the notion he had earlier in life that somehow classical music was superior to the current forms of music he was doing just because they used live instruments(he mentioned cello,violin etc.) and such.
<<<<<<

Classic sour grapes case !! Why the heck did he try to conduct an orchestra in the first place ??

MADDY
31st October 2006, 02:00 PM

nope it didnt come in my show :cry: :cry: .......but i watched it from links that ram ang guess me provided........it was amazing......waiting for its release..... :D

vasanth2006
31st October 2006, 04:02 PM
I am from tanjore,friend. Previously i was with HDFC std life insurance, Chennai as a Sales Development Manager. Now that i've joined SBI Life insurance,Trichy, iam moving downsouth. I am going to miss Chennai a lot. Its heaven..

Theatres in Tanjore, Tirunelveli, Nagercoil are my favourites when compared to those in cities like Chennai, Cbe, Trichy. If u wanna watch a movie with an excellent effect( particularly ARR movies), watch it in a theatre downsouth. Its true,guys. I can even list down some good theatres here.

ohhh.. its good to hear you from tanjore. ( i m from mannargudi. now in chennai)

jupitar theater is ok. it's DTS effect is good.
but i heared from my friends that arul and yagappa are worst theaters. i seen movies in shanthi/kamala/rajarajan/vijaya/jupitar. I have not seen movies in arul and yagappa. they having A/C and DTS?.my choice is rajarajan.

Guess_Me
31st October 2006, 10:12 PM
Guru Track List from ARR himself
Posted by Gops at Yahoo! Group

An exclusive to the group yet again, here is the preliminary Guru track list narrated by ARR when he was yelling at someone in his studio and scribbled by Vijay while driving his car. Please note that this might not be entirely accurate in view of the circumstances under which it was communicated. The complete credits are on their way soon.

1. Barso Re
2. Tere Bina
3. Hairatein, Aashiqui
4. Bolo Guru (the Bappi Lahiri song)
5. Jaage
6. Baazi Laga
7. Maanjha Maanjha or Maan Jaa Maan Jaa

A million thanks once again to ARR and Vijay.

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:31 AM

ohhh.. its good to hear you from tanjore. ( i m from mannargudi. now in chennai)

jupitar theater is ok. it's DTS effect is good.
but i heared from my friends that arul and yagappa are worst theaters. i seen movies in shanthi/kamala/rajarajan/vijaya/jupitar. I have not seen movies in arul and yagappa. they having A/C and DTS?.my choice is rajarajan.

Yes boss. Now both these theatres r equipped with DTS. Arul form Vettayadu Vilayadu and Yagappa from 23 pulikesi. I forgot to add Rajarajan.

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:35 AM

nope it didnt come in my show :cry: :cry: .......but i watched it from links that ram ang guess me provided........it was amazing......waiting for its release..... :D

Maddy, Check out the following link.

http://www.indiafm.com/features/2006/10/31/1765/index.html

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:38 AM
arrfans group had an information abt the audio release of Guru.

"WELL THE NEWS IS THAT THE MUSIC FUNCTION WILL BE ON THE 5TH OF NOV....BUT
THE REALEASE AND CD'S WILL BE OUT ONLY BETWEEN 10TH N 15TH NOV.ITS A BIT
CONFUSING BUT THATS HOW IT IS."

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:46 AM
An exclusive to the group yet again, here is the preliminary Guru track list narrated by ARR when he was yelling at someone in his studio and scribbled by Vijay while driving his car. Please note that this might not be entirely accurate in view of the circumstances under which it was communicated. The complete credits are on their way soon.

1. Barso Re
2. Tere Bina
3. Hairatein, Aashiqui
4. Bolo Guru (the Bappi Lahiri song)
5. Jaage
6. Baazi Laga
7. Maanjha Maanjha or Maan Jaa Maan Jaa

A million thanks once again to ARR and Vijay.

Courtesy:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups

ajaybaskar
1st November 2006, 10:47 AM
the guru's music is being released at Taj Land Ends bandra on 5th
nov....still no idea whn the music will come in stores...

Courtesy:arrahmanfans@yahoogroups

ajaybaskar
5th November 2006, 01:27 PM
enjoy the guru trailers in channel v

Guess_Me
6th November 2006, 10:13 AM
Mani Ratnam releases music of Guru
http://www.businessofcinema.com/?file=story&id=1602

By Rohini Bhandari
6 November 2006, 01:01 AM

MUMBAI: Eight years after the release of Dil Se, the trio of Mani Ratnam, Gulzar and A R Rahman are all set to recreate magic in their forthcoming film Guru. The music of the film released on 5 November.

Present at the launch were Amitabh Bachchan, Mani Ratnam, Gulzar, Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bahchcan and Madhavan. The music has been released on Sony BMG and will be in stores on 18 November. This will also be the first time that Guru mobile downloads will be available prior to the music release.

At the music release, Gulzar recited a few lines from a song of Guru and Rahman sung the song. There are seven tracks in the album, which have been sung by Alka Yagnik, Udit Narayan, Hariharan, Shreya Ghoshal, Chitra, Madhushree, A R Rahman and Bappi Lahiri.

Mani Ratnam and A R Rahman's association began 15 years ago with Roja. Shedding light on their partnership Ratnam said, "A R Rahman is a director's dream and nightmare. Dream because he will give music more time than you ask for and nightmare because he won't be satisfied with the music even if you are."

Rahman added, "Each time, more than us people are looking forward to see what Ratnam and Rahman are going to do. When I look at a scene each time, I wonder what I can do differently. And I am sure Mani feels the same when he hears my music. Guru is also about that- interpreting- with the same soul but with a different approach."

Guru stars Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bahchcan, Mithun Chakravarthy, Madhavan and Vidya Balan. The concept of Guru has been summarized in three words "Villager. Visionary. Winner."

MADDY
6th November 2006, 10:34 AM
it seems the music release function was telecasted live on India TV...... :D .....my dad saw it and said Bappi Lehari hugged ARR till the point of suffocation :lol: ........bits of songs were played, it seems and my dad, being a ARR fan, liked it a lot.....waiting for CDs to come out.....i guess it will take 1 more week.......

nilavupriyan
6th November 2006, 11:01 AM
teasers released online?

jaiganes
6th November 2006, 12:02 PM
Interesting theme and story line for a Bollywood movie.
I liked the period setting and costumes of Abishek. The trailer music was not revealing anything. Need to wait to get hold of the CD to listen. I was reminded of a Jeff Bridges movie where the protagonist is a big family man with undying entrepreneurial spirit and love for making cars. The movie is Tucker (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096316/) The styling and colouring was very similar. I hope that Guru breaks new grounds for Mani and Rahman.

SVN
6th November 2006, 06:21 PM
[tscii:4d851fe9da]GURU: Character sketches

Guru Kant Desai – Abhishek Bachchan
There’s a saying in our village, if people say bad things about you, you must be doing something good. Sounds true, doesn’t it?

Sujata – Aishwarya Rai
I hated my father for forcing me to marry Guru. But I was sent away to Bombay to live with my unwanted husband and my anger in a one-room chawl.

I don’t know when I stopped thinking of him as a stranger and started calling him Guru. I was too shy to say things like I love you, but love was perfume I wore everyday.

Some people call him God, some say he is evil, but for me he is the man who has to just enter the room and I can feel that perfume waft its way across and settle on me… that perfume called love…

Manikdas Gupta (Nanaji) – Mithun Chakravarty
Swatantra – is the newspaper I run, and the newspaper runs me. Gurubhai was like a son to me, when I met him first on the streets of Bombay. He had righteous anger and a desire to achieve his goals. I liked that. He was in a hurry to make his own way. I liked that even more. When others told me that Gurubhai was not all white, I thought they were envious of him and ignored them.

That was my mistake.
No cost is too great in the pursuit of truth.
And in my fight for the truth I knew that I’d either destroy Guru or myself.
And I was prepared for both.

Shyam Saxena – Madhavan
Gurukant Desai should be put in a jail and the keys should be thrown away. It’s not just that he is evil, but he awakens the evil in everyone. Gurubhai flirted with the law and the lawmakers, did anything and everything to enhance his business, and then buried the laws and built a fountain on top of it to make the grave look pretty. Profit and the share price were the only two parameters that mattered to him. Right and wrong, just and unjust were incidental. I will fight him and the Gurus of this world till the very end.

Meenu – Vidya Balan
I met Gurubhai when I was seven years old. He was the only one who never asked me why I limped. While Nanaji and Shyam could only see what Gurubhai had done, I could see why he had done it. When you run fast you do kick up a lot of dust. But dust always settles. I could see it from my wheelchair but Nanaji could not. I like fights. And this one where everyone I loved was fighting each other was exciting. They cared but they fought. The contradiction was exactly like life. And I loved life. Especially when there was so little of it left. [/tscii:4d851fe9da]

thumburu
6th November 2006, 06:32 PM
Surely seems inviting!!! :)

12bums
6th November 2006, 06:41 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/gallery/Events/10831.html

Guess_Me
6th November 2006, 06:47 PM
Guru song sample

Get the music launch video from the following page

http://www.blockbusters.in/bollywood/hindi/mani-ratnams-guru-music-launch-video-for-download/

Forward the video to about 1:00. You can listen to ARR singing a song "Dumdera Dumdera". It sounded really good. Plus Bappi Lahiri also sings the first couple of lines from his number.

When asked about the music, ARR said the album starts with a Gujarathi-Turkish mix, then goes to very North Indian friendly kind of tracks and then comes symphonic opera kind of stuff.

This is going to be one incredible soundtrack.

rajasaranam
6th November 2006, 09:17 PM
Whewwwwwww great! The dumdera dumdera track is instantly likeable :) Can't wait for the CD's to be out :bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

Watch here Live
http://youtube.com/watch?v=GL9JS2zWECQ
And the Trailer
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vz9wxsQSO3E

vijayr
6th November 2006, 09:27 PM
Guess me, in the interview of ARR from which I posted snippets earlier, he mentioned hat he had used an Arabic singer for that song

SVN
6th November 2006, 09:49 PM
Apparently the singer's name is Maryam Tuller and she recorded this song for ARR during his visit to Canada.

rayan36
6th November 2006, 10:14 PM
will it be dubbed in Tamil like Dil Se :shock: :shock:

Guess_Me
6th November 2006, 10:45 PM
Guess me, in the interview of ARR from which I posted snippets earlier, he mentioned hat he had used an Arabic singer for that song

Oh, I thought ARR will be singing it himself. Cant wait for the audio.

Guess_Me
7th November 2006, 08:39 AM
[tscii:daef8dc88d]Another song video from Guru (only 16 secs)

Barso Re – Shreya Ghoshal & Uday Mazumdar

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7xGXY_qHock[/tscii:daef8dc88d]

The waterfall background remains me of Chinna Chinna Asai though

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:17 AM
[tscii:fb5d301f3e]Mani Ratnam’s Guru audio launch Nov 06, 2006

It is not everyday that one gets to see the legendary Amitabh Bachchan as the master of ceremonies. The audio launch of ‘Guru’ had witnessed the phenomenon called Amitabh Bachchan wielding the microphone and entertaining the august audience.

The music of Guru, a Hindi film directed by Mani Ratnam was released recently with the all the key players connected with the film gracing the occasion. A R Rahaman, the much preferred music composer of Mani and Gulzar the lyricist were present in addition to Abhishek, Aishwarya, Vidya Balan and Madhavan.

Gulzar recited a few lines of the song that he had penned for the film. There are seven numbers in Guru which are being sung by the current popular singers of tinsel town viz, Shreya Ghosal, Udit Narayan, Hariharan and Madhushree to name a few. A R Rahaman himself has sung a number.

When Amitabh took over the role of a reporter quizzing the lead artists of the film, they were only too happy to oblige him with a crisp reply. Abhishek could not believe his luck when Mani invited him for the second time to feature in his film. Some sources opine that Abhishek’s character has been etched to reflect the illustrious Dhiru Bhai Ambani. Aishwarya is playing Abhishek’s wife in Guru. In summation, it was a star studded function which had all the colourful elements of a rainbow. From the way it appears, Guru is here to rock!!!!

[/tscii:fb5d301f3e]

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:22 AM
http://flickr.com/photos/arrahmanfans/291168467/

http://beta.zooomr.com/photos/24047@Z01/367827

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:36 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5597273993893118753

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:38 AM
[tscii:6c90ac1feb]Guru song credits

1. Barso Re – Shreya Ghoshal & Uday Mazumdar

2. Tere Bina – AR Rahman, Chinmayee, Additional Voices – Murtaza, Qadir

3. Ek Lo Ek Muft – Bappi Lahiri, Chitra Additional Voices – Tanvi, Saloni, Boney, Jaidev

4. Baazi Laga – Udit Narayan, Madhushree, Swetha, Bhargavee Additional Programming – Pravin
Mani

5. Mayya – Maryem Toller, Chinmayee, Keerthi Programming & Additional Arrangements Ranjit
Barot

6. Ey Hairathe – Hariharan, Alka Yagnik Additional Voices – AR Rahman, Aslam Mohammed

7. Jaage Hain – Chitra , AR Rahman and Madras Choral Group

[/tscii:6c90ac1feb]

ajaybaskar
7th November 2006, 10:40 AM
http://www.ibnlive.com/news/guru-a-film-inspired-by-many-lives/25536-8.html

MusicIsLife
7th November 2006, 10:52 AM
It feels like "GODFATHER", but still like it.

sloshed
8th November 2006, 01:50 AM
hmmm back after a longgg time..... but just in time for GURU..... any MR-ARR is bound to arose curiosity and excitement.. i am no different ... the tune ARR sung sounds very catchy .. cant waitttttttttttttt ...

vijayr
8th November 2006, 03:21 AM
Its amazing, the amount of respect Mani seems to command from the Hindi crowd. This, despite the fact that he doesnt have any big hits in Hindi ,atleast in the last decade

MADDY
8th November 2006, 08:26 AM
hmmm back after a longgg time..... but just in time for GURU..... any MR-ARR is bound to arose curiosity and excitement.. i am no different ... the tune ARR sung sounds very catchy .. cant waitttttttttttttt ...

:?

Surya
8th November 2006, 08:30 AM
As soon as the MP3'z hit the net can u guys update us with the link?

Thanks.

thineshan54321
8th November 2006, 08:57 AM
cmon man, its a rahman album, please buy it.