PDA

View Full Version : Zinda - A must watch movie experience

MADDY
18th January 2006, 04:49 PM
hey guys just watched Zinda by Sanjay Gupta......one word i have to describe it-NEVER SEEN BEFORE MOVIE EXPERIENCE IN INDIAN CINEMA too good....

Sanjay dutt has given his best ever performance and John has sizzled as well.....movie reminds you of "silence of the lambs" , "Psyco" and many more psycotic movies but it has its own place....movie gives u a chill and has a eerie feel to it.....the movie is so explicit on human-torture that it is the realms of being called raw......

sanjay dutt, a harmless software engineer,just like many of us here, gets kidnapped and kept under a dark room and tortured for 14 years......he is fed fried wantons and nuthin else....director exagerates the torture when sanjay dutt is shown all distressing scenes on TV like 9/11, princess diana's death, Tsunami disaster etc....care is taken that he doesent go mad and lose his memory.....the tormentor preserves his memory......why is he doing so???

well ,the reason for torture,you would feel is run-of-the mill stuff but be ready for the twists which would make you shiver,cry and nauseate.....this movie will shake you out of the laddoo,marraige,girl-boy stories of yash chopra brigade.....

the only flaw i can see about the movie is that it might have been a inspired effort......but i really dont care if this is the output that we are gonna get to see.....

hey guys watch this movie in a theatre and support such efforts so that we wud see such movies from other directors as well........please comment guys...

Scale
18th January 2006, 08:15 PM
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/60055

What I can find from the above post is that the story follows OLD BOY (2003). Havent watched both! Plot Outline seams to be somewhat same.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364569/

http://films.tartanfilmsusa.com/oldboy/

kannannn
18th January 2006, 11:39 PM
With Old Boy, the koreans had proved that they are in international cinema to stay. I also liked their 'spring, summer, fall, winter.. and spring' (boy, what a cinematography). And I hate it when bollywood (or for that matter tamil film makers) remake without proper rights. They could have atleast credited the makers of the original. Looks like the makers are planning to sue Sanjay Gupta: http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004169.html

great
20th January 2006, 01:53 PM
i would be happy if they sue sanjay gupta :evil: , all him movies were copy
kaante --reservoir dogs ... musafir -- u-turn ...... zinda ---korean movie

smily
21st January 2006, 02:08 AM
Zinda is good ....but too much of violence.

as_Arvind
23rd January 2006, 02:46 PM
hey guys just watched Zinda by Sanjay Gupta......one word i have to describe it-NEVER SEEN BEFORE MOVIE EXPERIENCE IN INDIAN CINEMA too good....

Sanjay dutt has given his best ever performance and John has sizzled as well.....movie reminds you of "silence of the lambs" , "Psyco" and many more psycotic movies but it has its own place....movie gives u a chill and has a eerie feel to it.....the movie is so explicit on human-torture that it is the realms of being called raw......

sanjay dutt, a harmless software engineer,just like many of us here, gets kidnapped and kept under a dark room and tortured for 14 years......he is fed fried wantons and nuthin else....director exagerates the torture when sanjay dutt is shown all distressing scenes on TV like 9/11, princess diana's death, Tsunami disaster etc....care is taken that he doesent go mad and lose his memory.....the tormentor preserves his memory......why is he doing so???

well ,the reason for torture,you would feel is run-of-the mill stuff but be ready for the twists which would make you shiver,cry and nauseate.....this movie will shake you out of the laddoo,marraige,girl-boy stories of yash chopra brigade.....

the only flaw i can see about the movie is that it might have been a inspired effort......but i really dont care if this is the output that we are gonna get to see.....

hey guys watch this movie in a theatre and support such efforts so that we wud see such movies from other directors as well........please comment guys...

Copied from 'Oldboy'.

I strongly disagree mate. Director lacks originality. Story written by someone else. Screenplay adapted from someone else. And how does a movie like this one deserves commendation? It deserves to be condemned. Soon we will have movies only copied from west or east.

MADDY
23rd January 2006, 05:59 PM
"the only flaw i can see about the movie is that it might have been a inspired effort......but i really dont care if this is the output that we are gonna get to see....."

hey dude, u know i wud prefer such movies rather than yash chopra genre movies.....

great
24th January 2006, 09:03 AM
"the only flaw i can see about the movie is that it might have been a inspired effort......but i really dont care if this is the output that we are gonna get to see....."

hey dude, u know i wud prefer such movies rather than yash chopra genre movies.....

its not inspiration....its frame to frame copy :wink: