PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch DAN channels in India?

MEDIA ASIA
6th January 2006, 06:23 AM
Hi,

Do anybody from here watch Dish Asia Network's DAN TRT Tamil Ozhi, DAN Music and DAN Cinema channels in India?

They telecast on Dish TV...

If you do, then what do you think of these channels?

The channels started here in Europe.
TRT - Tamil Radio & Television was the first 24 Hour Tamil radio & TV service in Europe, but after the firm was taken over by others, the TRT staff started Dish Asia Network and its channels.

Today we only have DAN TRT Tamil Ozhi in Europe as a free-to-air channel. The quality of the channel is not so good... Many people here in Europe watch TTN Tamil TV and Sun TV.

Hope to hear your view...

Kindly regards
Pirapaharan Navaratnam
Webmaster of Media Asia
http://www.mediaworldasia.dk

aanaa
8th January 2006, 09:12 PM
Hi,

Do anybody from here watch Dish Asia Network's DAN TRT Tamil Ozhi, DAN Music and DAN Cinema channels in India?

They telecast on Dish TV...

... Many people here in Europe watch TTN Tamil TV and Sun TV.

Hope to hear your view...

Kindly regards
Pirapaharan Navaratnam
Webmaster of Media Asia
http://www.mediaworldasia.dk

Just missed
had dish net 110W

but dad switched to BELL X vu yesterday

vanambadi
17th January 2006, 03:49 PM
there the most hopeless channels i have seen

the indian channels does far better qualilty telecastings

they are mostly replaying the indian broad castings of sun,jaya etc.

Media World Asia
18th January 2006, 11:54 AM
Vanambadi:

Yes, it is true that the quality of the channels are not good!

Dish Asia Network started their channels in Europe as pay-TV, but not many people subscribed to these channels.
So DAN Music and DAN Cinema went off-air in Europe, and DAN TRT Tamil Ozhi was made into a free-to-air channel in Europe - showing old Singapore Vasantham Central programmes...

Most people here watch TTN Tamil TV from Paris, Deepam TV from London and Sun TV/KTV from India.

One person told me that DAN channels were doing good in Asia, so therefor I posted this topic to know what people in Asia thought about DAN channels .

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please tell me if Tamil Thirai TV is still in India? Because it has left the Thaicom satellite, so it must only be available as cable channel?

usha_pooja
21st January 2006, 04:26 PM
da DAN channels aint gud expect 4 jaya cos its got interestin programs n of course serials yipee!!!!

take care

from usha

sona
24th February 2006, 07:02 PM
DAN CINEMA and others from DISH ASIA -- never pay subscribtion please. such like a CHEATING CHANEL i never experienced. They collected yearly subscribtions in Europe from 1000s of people and stopped the broadcasting. They began to sell GOD on air. that means free probaganda progs of christ and Muslims. I hope in India these people- Dish Asis Srilankans from Paris- will learn a lesson.